时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | looks like nobody’s home. | 看起来好像没有人在家 |
[00:32] | He’s here. He knows the minute he steps out, | 他一定在 他知道一出门 |
[00:35] | I’m changing the locks on him. | 我就要去换锁 |
[00:42] | It’s an old guy, huh? | 是一个老头子吧 |
[00:46] | I don’t much enjoy evicting old folks. | 我不太喜欢使老人扫地出门 |
[00:48] | This particular one will change your way of thinking. | 这一个会改变你的想法 |
[00:58] | Mr Skur? It’s the sheriff. Will you open up please? | 史卡先生 我是警长 请开门 |
[01:10] | Go ahead and open it up. | 你开门吧 |
[01:17] | God Almighty. What the hell’s he got in here? | 我的天 里面有什么 |
[01:26] | Smells like a whole lot of something went bad. | 闻起来好像很多东西腐烂了 |
[01:31] | Mr. Skur, I’m armed. | 史卡先生 我有枪 |
[01:33] | You wanna come out now? | 请出来 |
[01:38] | Bedroom’s back that way. | 卧室在后面 |
[01:49] | Mr Skur? | 史卡先生 |
[02:14] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[02:23] | Ain’t nothin’ but a glove. No reason to… | 只是手套 不值得 |
[02:41] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[03:00] | Mulder. | 穆 |
[03:04] | Mulder. | 穆 |
[03:07] | Mulder. | 穆 |
[03:10] | Mulder. | 穆 |
[03:13] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[04:32] | Arthur Dales? | 你是阿瑟 戴尔吗 |
[04:36] | Who’s asking? | 你是谁 |
[04:37] | I’m a profiler. Behavioural Sciences Unit. | 我是行为科学小组的侧写员 |
[04:42] | You are Arthur Dales, former special agent with the Bureau? | 你以前是调查局探员阿瑟 戴尔吗 |
[04:48] | I need to ask you about a man named Edward Skur. | 我需要问你一些有关爱德华 史卡的问题 |
[04:51] | You opened a file on him in 1952. | 你1952年时调查过他 |
[04:56] | I don’t recall. | 我不记得了 |
[04:57] | I brought the case file here with me. | 我把案卷带来了 |
[05:03] | How long have you been in the Bureau? | 你在局里待了多久 |
[05:06] | Do you know what an X-File is? | 你知道什么是X档案吗 |
[05:08] | It’s… yeah… it’s an unsolved case. | 无解的案子 |
[05:11] | No. It’s a case that’s been designated “Unsolved”. | 不是 是被列为无解的案子 |
[05:16] | Mr Dales, most of your report has been censored, | 戴尔先生 你的报告大多都是机密 |
[05:20] | As you can see. | 正如你所见的 |
[05:23] | Now, if somebody’s trying to bury this case, | 如果有人想要隐瞒事实 |
[05:26] | I’d like to know why. | 我想知道理由 |
[05:27] | According to your report, | 根据你的报告 |
[05:29] | Edward Skur disappeared 38 years ago | 爱德华 史卡是38年前失踪的 |
[05:31] | before you had a chance to arrest him | 他涉嫌犯下系列凶杀案 |
[05:33] | for a series of stranger killings | 可惜你没有逮到他 |
[05:34] | in which the victims’ internal organs had been removed. | 死者的内脏都被取出来了 |
[05:39] | And now you’ve found him? | 你找到他了吗 |
[05:41] | Yes, last week. | 上星期找到了 |
[05:43] | Shot to death during an eviction. | 被一名带着驱逐令的警长枪杀 |
[05:45] | A man was also found in his bathroom | 他的浴室里有一具男尸 |
[05:47] | with all his soft tissue removed. | 器官都被取出来了 |
[05:53] | Well, if he’s dead, there’s nothing you need from me. | 如果他死了 你就不需要我了 |
[05:56] | Sir, my name is Mulder. | 先生 我的名字是穆德 |
[06:01] | You know that name. And so did Edward Skur. | 你听过这个名字 爱德华 史卡也听过 |
[06:07] | How? | 为什么 |
[06:12] | Have you ever heard of HUAAC? | 穆德 你有没有听过HUAAC |
[06:14] | The House Un-American Activities Committee? | 非美国行为委员会 |
[06:17] | No, no, no… before your time. You wouldn’t know. | 不 那个太早了 你不可能知道 |
[06:21] | They hunted Communists in America in the ’40s and ’50s | 他们40 50年代一直在美国抓共产党 |
[06:26] | They found… practically nothing. | 基本上没有任何的收获 |
[06:33] | Do you think they would’ve found nothing | 除非他们根本不想有收获 |
[06:37] | unless nothing was what they wanted to find? | 要不然不可能 一无所获 |
[06:48] | I’m sorry, sir. I…I don’t see the connection. | 对不起 我不明白 |
[06:53] | Maybe you’re not supposed to. | 也许就是应该如此 |
[07:08] | The chief Red hunters,Senator McCarthy and | 全国首席的反共参议员麦卡锡和 |
[07:11] | FBI director J Edgar Hoover, join forces. | 联邦调查局局长胡佛合作 |
[07:14] | Working through congress, | 通过国会 |
[07:16] | the senator from Wisconsin and the legendary lawman | 还有一位威斯康辛参议员 |
[07:18] | vow to wipe out the Red menace within our own federal government. | 他们发誓要清除政府内的共党分子 |
[07:22] | Roy Cohn, chief counsel of the McCarthy hearings, | 麦卡锡听证会主席罗依 科恩 |
[07:25] | warns Communist mind control can strike anywhere, at any time. | 警告共产党随时都有可能打击我们 |
[07:29] | It is those Americans, sympathetic to the Communist cause, | 同情共产党的美国人 |
[07:33] | the so-called “Fellow travelers”, | 被称为”旅行伙伴 “ |
[07:35] | who pose the greatest threat to our national security. | 是危害国家安全的人 |
[07:38] | So says the young US attorney and he should know. | 这位年轻的美国律师很清楚 |
[07:41] | It was Mr. Cohn that brought those atomic spies, | 科恩先生揭露原子弹间谍 |
[07:43] | the Rosenbergs, to justice. | 罗森博格受到了审判 |
[07:45] | It was his staunch defense of the American way of life, | 正是科恩先生先生誓死捍卫美国的生活方式 |
[07:48] | that first brought roy cohn to the attention of Senator Mccarthy. | 得到麦卡锡参议员的注意 |
[07:53] | With the support of the FBI, | 在调查局的支持下 |
[07:54] | Mr Cohh and Mr McCarthy vowed to work tirelessly | 科恩和麦卡锡发誓两人紧密合作 |
[07:57] | to root out the more than 70 | 挖出了七十位 |
[07:59] | suspected Communist spies and untold numbers of.. | 怀疑是共产党间谍和数字不详的 |
[08:05] | ..McCarthy vowed to work tirelessly | 麦卡锡先生发誓紧密合作 |
[08:08] | to root out the more than 70 suspected Communist spies | 挖出七十位怀疑是共产党间谍和 |
[08:11] | and the untold numbers of “Fellow travelers” | 数字不详的 |
[08:14] | working in our own State Department. | 在国务院的”旅行伴侣” |
[08:17] | ..Spies and the untold numbers of “Fellow travelers” | 间谍和数字不详的 |
[08:21] | working in our own State… | 在国务院的”旅行伴侣” |
[08:30] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[08:39] | Morning, Mr Dales. I brought you some coffee. | 早安 戴尔先生 我带咖啡来了 |
[08:44] | Speak. | 说吧 |
[08:46] | Edward Skur died saying a name. | 爱德华 史卡死时说了一个人名 |
[08:48] | My name. My father’s name. | 我的名字 我父亲的名字 |
[08:50] | Go ask your father. | 去问你父亲 |
[08:52] | My father and I don’t really speak. | 我和我父亲不说话 |
[08:57] | I told you, I can’t help you. | 我说过 我不能帮助你 |
[08:59] | Mr Dales, I want the truth | 戴尔先生 我想要知道真相 |
[09:01] | and I will subpoena you to get it if I have to. | 有必要的话我会去申请拘票 |
[09:13] | Before his disappearance, Skur worked for the State Department, | 在没有失踪之前 史卡在国务院上班 |
[09:16] | like your old man did. | 和你父亲一样 |
[09:18] | You had to have suspected the | 昨天来之前 |
[09:20] | connection before yesterday, but you said nothing. | 你应该早就有所疑问 可是你什么都没说 |
[09:25] | The men that Edward Skur killed 38 years ago… | 史卡38年前杀的人 |
[09:29] | was my father involved? | 与我父亲有关吗 |
[09:35] | How? | 怎么说 |
[09:37] | Skur killed this man the way he did all the others. | 史卡杀这个人的手法与杀其他人的手法一样 |
[09:42] | All the soft tissue, the internal organs, ligature… | 所有的器官都被取出来 |
[09:45] | All were removed without tearing the skin. | 可是没有伤到皮肤 |
[09:50] | The coroner wasn’t able to determine how. | 验尸官也无法判别手法 |
[09:54] | Oh, I can tell you how. | 这个我可以告诉你 |
[09:59] | What I can’t tell you… is why. | 可是我不能告诉你为什么 |
[10:05] | It said in your report | 根据你的报告 |
[10:06] | that Skur was suspected of being a Communist. | 史卡有可能是共产党的人 |
[10:10] | Well, that’s what they said he was. | 他们是这么说的 |
[10:16] | That’s what they said they all were. | 他们是这么说所有的人 |
[10:20] | To us, Skur was just another name on a list, | 对我们来说 史卡只是名单上的名字 |
[10:24] | another Communist spy at the State Department. | 他只是国务院的其中一个共产党间谍 |
[10:27] | We had no idea who or what Edward Skur really was. | 我们根本不知道史卡的真相 |
[10:35] | May I help you? | 我可以帮你什么忙 |
[10:35] | My name’s Arthur Dales, ma’am. | 我叫阿瑟 戴尔 女士 |
[10:37] | I’m with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. | 我是调查局的 |
[10:40] | This is my partner Agent Michel. | 这是我的搭档麦克探员 |
[10:43] | Is your husband in? | 你的丈夫在家吗 |
[10:45] | What do you want with him? | 你们找他有什么事 |
[10:47] | Supper’s getting cold sweetheart. I’ll take care of this. | 晚饭要冷了 亲爱的 我来处理 |
[10:50] | It’s all right. | 好的 |
[10:54] | – Edward skur? – Yes. | -艾德华 史卡 -是的 |
[10:57] | You’re under arrest for contempt of congress, | 你因为没有出席公听会 |
[10:59] | failure to appear before the committee. | 现在被逮捕了 |
[11:01] | I’m a family man, for God’s sake. | 看在老天的份上 我有家人 |
[11:03] | Should’ve thought of that | 你在背叛国家之前 |
[11:04] | before betraying your country,red. | 就应该想到这一点 共产党 |
[11:06] | Edward? | 爱德华 |
[11:09] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[11:13] | – Look what I found. – You planted that. | -看看我找到什么 -这是你栽赃的 |
[11:15] | I’ll plant one in your keester, | 我踢你屁股 |
[11:17] | Bolshevik, if you don’t watch your mouth. | 布尔什维克 住嘴 |
[11:23] | – I’m sorry. I… – Get out. | -对不起 -出去 |
[11:45] | Jeez Louise,what’d you do… | 老天爷 你是怎么了 |
[11:46] | Take a swim in the Potomac? | 在河里游泳吗 |
[11:48] | I’d probably be drier if I had. | 那样子还不会这么湿 |
[11:52] | Got something to warm me up? | 给点酒让我暖暖身 |
[11:56] | – Where’s your partner? – He’s processing a prisoner. | -你的搭档在哪里 -他正在扣押犯人 |
[12:00] | – You guys still busting Reds? | 你们还在捉共产党吗 |
[12:02] | – Till Mr Hoover tells us different. | 直到局长下令不捉 |
[12:07] | Good for you, Mr Dales. | 太好了 戴尔先生 |
[12:13] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[12:17] | Mr Dales? For you. | 戴尔先生 你的电话 |
[12:22] | Yeah? | 谁 |
[12:23] | Did you try to reach me? | 是不是找我 |
[12:25] | No. Why? | 没有 为什么 |
[12:25] | I thought maybe you heard about Skur. | 我以为你听说史卡的事 |
[12:28] | – What about him? – He’s dead. | -他怎么了 -他死了 |
[12:30] | He hung himself in his cell. | 在牢房里上吊 |
[12:32] | The guards found him about 20 minutes ago. | 二十分钟前被发现的 |
[12:37] | Command tells these mopes to snuff themselves? | 是不是共产党叫他们 被逮捕时 要自杀 |
[12:40] | I gotta go. | 我挂了 |
[12:50] | Everything OK? | 没事吧 |
[12:53] | Oh, nothing a little bourbon won’t cure. | 喝点威士忌就没事了 |
[13:05] | I didn’t know what I should say to her. | 我不知道该对她怎么说 |
[13:08] | “I’m sorry about your loss, Mrs Skur. | 对不起 史卡太太 |
[13:10] | If there’s anything I can do?” | 我能帮上什么忙吗 |
[13:12] | The words sounded hollow. | 这些话一点用都没有 |
[13:15] | No matter what I said, I was the man who’d busted her husband, | 不管我怎么说 是我逮捕了她的丈夫 |
[13:19] | turned her life upside down. | 毁了她的人生 |
[13:23] | I sat there for over an hour, | 我在那里坐了一个小时 |
[13:25] | trying to find my courage in a bottle. | 一直在喝酒壮胆 |
[13:34] | And then… | 然后 |
[13:36] | Then I saw someone | 我看到 |
[13:38] | I shouldn’t… I-I couldn’t have seen. | 不该看到的人 |
[13:45] | Now it was my life that we turned upside down. | 现在成了我的人生转折的时候 |
[13:50] | Edward Skur! | 艾德华 史卡 |
[14:22] | Hey! Who’s down there? | 是谁在那 |
[14:36] | Dateline Washington. | 头条 华盛顿 |
[14:38] | The Justice Department vows no mercy for A-bomb spies. | 司法部发誓对共产党间谍罗森堡夫妇毫不留情 |
[14:41] | Julius and Ethel Rosenberg again | 他们再一次 |
[14:43] | managed to delay their date with the electric chair. | 想法设法延后了判死刑的日期 |
[14:46] | Prosecutors are confident Judge Kaufman’s death sentence | 检察官指出考夫曼法官的死刑判决 |
[14:49] | will be upheld by the highest court in the land. | 最高法院一定会驳回上诉 |
[14:53] | The world still seemed clear to me that morning, | 不管昨晚看到的什么 |
[14:56] | despite the night before, | 那天早上一切都很清楚 |
[14:58] | I still thought I knew who the bad guys and the good guys were. | 我还是以为我知道谁是好人 谁是坏人 |
[15:03] | But that was all about to change. | 可是一切都即将改变 |
[15:05] | – Hang up. – Let me call you back. | -放下电话 -我再回你电话 |
[15:21] | What’d the watch commander say? | 负责监视的探员怎么说 |
[15:23] | They’re still going door to doorin the neighborhood. | 他们还在挨家挨户的搜 |
[15:25] | There’s no sign of him yet. | 可是没有找到他 |
[15:26] | They’re not gonna find him, artie. | 他们不会找到他的 |
[15:29] | Open it up. | 打开吧 |
[15:39] | It’s Skur. | 史卡 |
[15:44] | Maybe you want to change your description of the suspect. | 也许你要重新形容一下 攻击你嫌犯的长相 |
[15:48] | – When were these taken? – Last night. | -这是在哪里拍的 -昨天晚上 |
[15:51] | Two hours before you say Skur attacked you. | 你被攻击前两个小时 |
[15:57] | You had a few. | 你喝了不少 |
[15:58] | You were feeling bad about what happened. | 感觉很难过 |
[16:01] | It’s understandable. | 这是可以理解的 |
[16:02] | I… I didn’t have that much to drink. | 我没有喝那么多 |
[16:07] | Just leave Skur’s name out of your report. | 报告不要写史卡的名字 |
[16:09] | Nobody else has to know. | 不必让别人知道 |
[16:11] | I already filed my report an hour ago. | 我一小时前就交报告了 |
[16:14] | Dales? | 戴尔 |
[16:17] | Call for you. | 你的电话 |
[16:22] | Yes? | 谁 |
[16:28] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上到 |
[16:31] | It’s the Justice Department. They wanna talk to me. | 司法部想和我谈谈 |
[16:50] | 司法部长国家安全 特别助理罗伊·科恩 | |
[17:05] | Agent Dales. Have a seat. | 戴尔探员 请坐 |
[17:16] | You know who I am? | 你知道我是谁 |
[17:22] | You prosecuted the Rosenbergs. | 是你起诉罗森堡夫妻的 |
[17:24] | Now you work with Mr Hoover and Senator McCarthy. | 你现在与胡佛先生和麦卡锡参议员合作 |
[17:26] | Then you know how important my work is. | 你知道我的工作有多重要 |
[17:29] | How vital it is to the future of this country | 对这个国家的前途有多重要 |
[17:33] | that these rats, these vermin, | 我们必须要找出 |
[17:35] | who dare call themselves Americans, | 这些背叛美国的害虫 |
[17:37] | be exposed as the traitors they are. | 揭露他们的叛国者的身份 |
[17:40] | I don’t interest myself in politics, Mr Cohn. | 科恩先生 我对政治不感兴趣 |
[17:47] | Everything is political, Agent Dales. | 一切都与政治有关 戴尔探员 |
[17:53] | Like this report you filed this morning. | 比如说你今早所写的报告 |
[17:59] | We’ve spoken to Mrs Skur and the neighbours. | 我们与史卡太太和她的邻居们谈过 |
[18:01] | You seem to be the only person | 只有你认为那个人 |
[18:03] | who can identify that man as Edward Skur. | 是艾德华·史卡 |
[18:06] | Do you believe me? | 你相信我吗 |
[18:07] | We are fighting a powerful enemy in a war of ideology. | 在意识形态的战争中 我们面对了强大的敌人 |
[18:12] | In any war there are secrets, | 任何战争都有秘密 |
[18:14] | truths that must be kept from | 不让大家知道的真相 |
[18:16] | the public in order to serve the greater good. | 这一切都是为了大众好 |
[18:25] | You want me to amend my report? | 你要我改我的报告 |
[18:32] | Take out any reference to Edward Skur? | 删掉史卡的部分 |
[18:40] | – I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[18:41] | – You’re not supposed to understand. | 你没必要明白 |
[18:43] | You’re supposed to follow orders. | 你应该听命令 |
[19:01] | – Agent Dales? – Yeah? | -戴尔探员 -什么 |
[19:03] | – I pulled that file. – Oh, right. Thank you. | -我抽回了档案 -谢谢 |
[19:12] | Dales. | 戴尔 |
[19:26] | I’d never so much as faked an expense report or | 我从来没有假报帐 |
[19:28] | used a Bureau car to drive home, | 或是把局里的车开回家 |
[19:30] | so lying didn’t sit well with me, | 我这个人不太会撒谎 |
[19:32] | even if I was under orders. | 就算听从命令也一样 |
[19:34] | I wanted to forget the business with Skur | 我不想再听到 |
[19:36] | and never hear that name again. | 艾德华 史卡这个名字 |
[19:38] | But it was too late. | 太迟了 |
[19:40] | By then, Skur had already become a murderer. | 那时候史卡已经成为了凶手 |
[19:44] | Homicide call came in from Chevy Chase PD. | 查维查斯警局联络我们 |
[19:47] | Advise and assist. | 我们要协助办案 |
[19:49] | Well, where are they? | 他们在哪里 |
[19:51] | They must have come and gone. | 一定是来过就走了 |
[20:22] | I know this song. | 我听过这首歌 |
[20:23] | They were playing it the day my unit rolled into Berlin. | 我们进入柏林的那一天就在放这首歌 |
[20:26] | That guy must be a Kraut. | 这家伙一定是德国人 |
[20:29] | Yeah. Well-connected Kraut. | 是的 有背景的德国佬 |
[20:33] | Hm.There ya go. | 你看这个 |
[20:35] | I got six ounces of shrapnel in my can and | 我的屁股中过德国子弹 |
[20:37] | he gets to shake hands with the president? | 这个德国佬还跟总统握手 |
[20:39] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[20:42] | Do you smell that? | 你有没有闻到 |
[20:43] | Yeah, kinda. Hospital smell. | 是的 有点像医院 |
[20:47] | Formaldehyde? | 也许是防腐剂 |
[21:13] | Well-connected dead Kraut. | 有背景的死德国佬 |
[21:16] | What the hell happened to him? | 他到底是怎么了 |
[21:18] | Hands in the air! Over there. Over there. Now. | 手举起来 别动 快点 |
[21:21] | Fellas, FBI. | 伙计 我们是调查局 |
[21:22] | Credentials in my front coat pocket. | 证件在口袋里 |
[21:25] | Hey. Easy on the material. | 小心一点 |
[21:27] | I’m Agent Michel. This is my partner Agent Dales. | 我是麦克探员 这是我的搭档戴尔 |
[21:31] | Who called you guys out here? | 是谁叫你们来的 |
[21:33] | You did, you mope. We got the call from your department. | 你们 笨蛋 我们接到你们的电话 |
[21:36] | Don’t know nothin’ about that. | 我们根本不知道 |
[21:38] | Then who brought you out here? | 谁叫你们来的 |
[21:40] | A nurse called in. The doc didn’t show for surgery. | 今早有护士打电话说 医生没有来动手术 |
[21:45] | Well, something tells me he ain’t gonna make it. | 我想他去不了了 |
[21:49] | I was summoned to the bar by a man | 有一个早上去过医生家的人 |
[21:51] | who had already been to the doctor’s house that morning. | 把我叫去酒吧 |
[21:55] | It was the man, Agent Mulder, you came here to ask me about. | 就是你打听的那个人 穆德探员 |
[22:27] | Skur? | 史卡 |
[22:29] | No. | 不是 |
[22:32] | But I came here to warn you about him. | 我要警告你有关他的事 |
[22:34] | Like you warned that doctor you murdered in chevy chase? | 就像你警告你在查维查斯谋杀的那个医生吗 |
[22:37] | Look, I tried to save that man, but I was too late. | 我想要救那个人 可是我迟了一步 |
[22:41] | Skur killed him? | 是史卡杀了他的 |
[22:43] | He’ll kill you too. | 他也会杀了你 |
[23:24] | Myrtle? | 穆多尔 |
[23:34] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[23:35] | Is this some kind of Communist plot? | 这是共产党的阴谋吗 |
[23:36] | Skur’s not a Communist. | 史卡不是共产党员 |
[23:38] | He’s a patriot. All of these men are patriots. | 他很爱国 这些人都很爱国 |
[23:42] | What are you talking about? What men? | 你在说谁 什么人 |
[23:45] | There are three men. Veterans. | 一共有三个人 退伍军人 |
[23:46] | Working at the State Department. | 都在国务院上班 |
[23:49] | Skur, Gissing, and Oberman. | 史卡 吉辛 欧伯曼 |
[23:52] | Gissing and Oberman, | 吉辛与欧伯曼 |
[23:55] | I read those names on a censored report. | 我在机密报告中有看过这些名字 |
[23:59] | They’re dead now. | 他们已经死了 |
[24:00] | Murdered? | 被谋杀吗 |
[24:02] | No. Dead by their own hand. | 不是的 自杀 |
[24:05] | They couldn’t live with what they’d become. | 他们无法接受自己的遭遇 |
[24:08] | What they’d been turned into. | 自己变成了什么 |
[24:11] | And Skur’s the last. | 史卡是最后一人 |
[24:13] | Why the story about him hanging himself? | 他们为什么要编那个故事说他上吊了 |
[24:16] | Because they had to do something to cover up | 因为他们必须要隐瞒 |
[24:18] | what they’d done to him. | 他们对他做了什么 |
[24:20] | Label him a Communist, say he killed himself, | 说他是个共产党员 说他自杀了 |
[24:23] | and put him up someplace where no one’s even gonna look for him. | 把他放在一个没人知的地方 |
[24:27] | But his escape threatens everything. | 可是他逃走了就威胁到一切 |
[24:30] | Threatens what? What did they do to him? | 威胁到什么 他们对他做了什么 |
[24:38] | Look… you asked me here. | 是你叫我来这里的 |
[24:41] | And I risked my career and my family by coming here. | 我这么做使得我的事业和家人都有了危险 |
[24:46] | But the crimes these men have committed against innocent people, | 可是这些人对无辜的人犯下罪行 |
[24:51] | I can’t have that on my conscience any more. | 我的良心实在不安 |
[24:56] | Someone needs to know the truth. | 必须要有人知道真相 |
[24:59] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[25:01] | My name’s Mulder. I work at the State Department. | 我是国务院的穆德 |
[25:08] | You have no committee…no partisan in it ? | 你不属于委员会 无党派 |
[25:12] | You might say that, | 你会说 |
[25:13] | if the Republicans should take over the Senate, | 如果说共和党在参议院获胜 |
[25:17] | I happen to be the ranking member… | 我正好是副主席 |
[25:19] | Attaboy, Tailgunner. | 干的好 就是这么做 |
[25:21] | Give ’em hell. | 叫他们见鬼去 |
[25:26] | Ah, Myrtle. Jeez Louise. | 哦 穆多尔 老天爷 |
[25:33] | Dumb cat. | 真是一只笨猫 |
[25:37] | Dammit! Dammit, Myrtle. | 该死 该死 穆多尔 |
[25:41] | All right, then, Mr Mulder. | 穆德先生 |
[25:43] | Who is this “They’ you want me to arrest? | 你要逮捕的人是谁 |
[25:45] | – You can’t arrest these men. – Why not? | -不能逮捕这些人 -为什么 |
[25:49] | It’s… political. | 政治问题 |
[25:54] | Are you telling me that Mr | 你要告诉我什么 |
[25:56] | Cohn and Senator McCarthy are involved in this? | 你要告诉我科恩先生和麦卡锡参议员有参与吗 |
[26:02] | Is Skur after them too? | 史卡也要找他们吗 |
[26:04] | Skur wants vengeance for what they did to him. | 因为他们所做的事 史卡要向他们报仇 |
[26:08] | He’s a killer now. | 现在他是一个杀手 |
[26:11] | He can only guess at the dimensions of this conspiracy, | 他不知道这个阴谋的规模有多大 |
[26:15] | but he thinks you’re part of it. You and your partner. | 可是他认为你和你的搭档有参与 |
[26:30] | Phone. | 电话 |
[26:33] | What’s the number? | 电话号码 |
[26:34] | Klondike 50133. | 克朗代克 5-0133 |
[26:40] | I knew I should’ve got a dog. | 早知道我就养狗了 |
[26:47] | Come on. | 快点 |
[26:49] | Come on. | 快接 |
[26:51] | We’ve got to dig and prod out the Communists and | 我们要挖出共产党 |
[26:55] | the crooks and those who are bad for America… | 骗子和危害美国的人 |
[27:37] | One more here when you get a chance. | 你有机会还会这样 |
[27:38] | Are you… You sure a man did this? | 你确定这是人类干的吗 |
[27:45] | I suppose he could have force-fed him a corrosive agent of | 也许他逼他喝下 |
[27:49] | some kind…an acid, maybe. | 某一种腐蚀剂或强酸 |
[27:51] | Except I don’t know why it wouldn’t have burned to the skin. | 不过我不知道为什么没有灼伤皮肤呢 |
[27:55] | – Would that account for the smell? – Yeah, maybe. | -这与那个气味有关吗 -也许 |
[27:58] | We won’t know till we get a toxology report. | 除非我们测过毒素 |
[28:01] | We’ll have an answer in six to eight weeks. | 希望六到八周内能够有答案 |
[28:04] | Meanwhile, we can at least start on a physical exam of the body… | 现在我们只能验尸 |
[28:09] | such as it is. | 只能如此 |
[28:15] | Agent Dales. | 戴尔探员 |
[28:18] | Where do you think you’re taking that? | 你们要把那个拿去哪里 |
[28:21] | This man’s a veteran. The body goes to Bethesda. | 这个人是退伍军人 要送去好好安葬 |
[28:23] | Howard, take care of this. | 霍华德 你来处理这件事吧 |
[28:24] | Mr Cohn, these men are going to the county morgue. | 科恩先生 他们要去停尸间 |
[28:27] | An autopsy needs to be performed. | 现在需要验尸 |
[28:29] | Come here. | 过来 |
[28:36] | – Give us a minute. – Let’s go. | -给我一点时间 -快点 |
[28:46] | You want to test me. | 你想要试试看 |
[28:48] | See how fast I can pull the chain and flush you. | 我对你会多快没有耐心 |
[28:51] | You want to see your name on a list? | 你想要看自己的名字上黑名单吗 |
[28:53] | Are you now or have you ever been… | 你有没有 |
[28:56] | What the hell are you talking about? I’m no Communist. | 你在说什么 我不是共产党 |
[28:59] | You are if I say you are. | 我说你是 你就是 |
[29:08] | This is a matter of national security. | 这与国家安全有关 |
[29:10] | Take this body out of here. Get it out. | 把这个尸体运走 |
[29:23] | See? | 明白吧 |
[29:26] | You’re a patriot again. | 你又是个爱国者了 |
[29:38] | When your partner dies, a piece of you dies with him. | 你的搭档死的时候 你的心也会死掉一部分 |
[29:42] | I’d been threatened by mr. Cohn, | 虽然我被科恩威胁 |
[29:44] | but I couldn’t leave it alone… | 可我不能就此罢手 |
[29:46] | not while Michel’s killer was still out there. | 杀麦克的凶手还没有被抓住 |
[29:49] | Not if I wanted to live with myself. | 不然我无法面对我自己 |
[29:56] | I knew Skur had killed Michel | 我知道史卡是为了报仇 |
[29:57] | out of vengeance for what had been done to him. | 而杀死麦克的 |
[30:00] | Your father had told me as much. | 这是你父亲告诉我的 |
[30:03] | But he also said that there were two other men | 可是你的父亲也说还有 |
[30:05] | who had had the same thing done to them. | 另外两个人有同样的遭遇 |
[30:08] | Men who were already dead. | 这两个人已经死了 |
[30:11] | Finding out what happened to them | 知道他们的遭遇 |
[30:13] | might help me understand what Skur had become. | 可以让我了解史卡变成了什么 |
[30:17] | Understand how my partner was killed. | 我的搭档是怎么被杀的 |
[30:21] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[30:22] | The deposition that names Edward Skur | 证明爱德华 史卡 |
[30:24] | and these other two men as Communists. | 与其他两个人是共产党员的证词 |
[30:26] | – It’s all censored. – By the committee. | -都涂掉了 -这是委员会干的 |
[30:29] | To protect the identity of the witness. | 为了保护证人 |
[30:33] | There was no witness. This has been manufactured. | 根本没有证人 一切都是编出来的 |
[30:36] | Edward Skur is no Communist. | 史卡不是共产党 |
[30:38] | Neither are these other two men. Gissing and Oberman. | 这两个人也不是 吉辛与欧伯曼 |
[30:41] | I want their files. Gissing and Oberman. | 我要看吉辛与欧伯曼的档案 |
[30:43] | I already checked. | 我已经查过了 |
[30:45] | They’re missing. But I recognize one of these names. | 都不见了 但我认得其中一个名字 |
[30:50] | – It’s in an X-File. – An X-File? | -在X档案 -X档案 |
[30:53] | Yes. Unsolved cases. I file them under “X”. | 都是一些无解的案子 我归类为X |
[30:57] | Why don’t you file them under “U” For “Unsolved”? | 你为什么不列为U档案 |
[31:00] | That’s what I did until Iran out of room. | 因为没有地方放 |
[31:02] | There’s plenty of room in the “Xs”. | X的空间比较多 |
[31:04] | Who decides when a case gets an “X” ? | 是谁来决定这个的 |
[31:06] | The director’s office. | 局长办公室 |
[31:07] | It’s… It’s kind of a dead end. | 都是毫无头绪的案子 |
[31:10] | No one’s supposed to see them, | 没人想看的 |
[31:12] | but it makes for interesting reading. | 但这些都很有趣 |
[31:15] | Here it is. | 这里 |
[31:21] | A German emigre, Dr Stroman, | 一位德国移民史多曼医生 |
[31:23] | patrioted here after the war. | 战后成为美国公民 |
[31:24] | He was found dead in his office last week at the VA. | 上星期在退役军人管理局的诊所里死亡 |
[31:28] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜看 |
[31:29] | They weren’t able to explain | 他们不能解释 |
[31:30] | how his body just kinda collapsed, right? | 为什么他的身体被吸干 对吗 |
[31:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:35] | Gissing. His name’s in this file somewhere? | 吉辛的名字也在档案中吗 |
[31:37] | Yes. A patient found dead on the scene. Suicide. | 他是患者 是他发现现场的 是自杀 |
[31:40] | I guess he didn’t much care for his treatment. | 他不喜欢自己接受的治疗 |
[31:44] | They think he killed his doctor and then killed himself? | 他们认为是他杀了医生后自杀的 |
[31:49] | How did Gissing kill this man? | 吉辛是怎么杀了这个人的 |
[31:51] | That’s why it’s an X-File. | 因为他们无法解释 所以是X档案 |
[31:54] | They don’t know. | 他们不知道 |
[31:58] | Dr Gissing’s body’s still here. | 吉辛的尸体还在这里 |
[32:00] | The VA’s trying to transfer. | 退役军人管理局一直想要移走 |
[32:02] | Why haven’t they? | 为什么没这样做 |
[32:03] | This fellow’s a bigwig in the state department. | 这家伙在国务院的背景很硬 |
[32:04] | His family’s been kickin’ up a stink. | 他的家人一直在找麻烦 |
[32:12] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[32:13] | Looks like he had some surgery. | 看起来他动过手术 |
[32:16] | Judging by the colour of the scar, | 以伤疤的颜色看来 |
[32:18] | I’d say it was fairly recent. | 这是不久以前的手术 |
[32:19] | I want you to cut this man open. | 我要你去解剖他 |
[32:23] | No, I can’t do that. His family will have my head. | 我不能这么做 他的家人会整死我的 |
[32:26] | Gissing and a man named Skur were patients of the same doctors. | 吉辛和史卡看同一个医生 |
[32:30] | I think whatever was done to this man | 不管这个人有什么遭遇 |
[32:32] | was also done to the man who killed my partner. | 杀死我搭档的人也有 |
[32:36] | It may be the only way we have to explain how he died. | 我们也许只有这个办法能够解释他的死因 |
[32:55] | What’s that? What is that? | 那是什么 |
[32:57] | I don’t know. It looks like it’s lodged into his oesophagus. | 我不知道 卡在他的食道里 |
[33:03] | Wait a minute. Those are sutures. | 等一下 那是缝合的 |
[33:06] | Whatever this is, someone put it there. | 这是有人放进去的 |
[33:10] | Oh, jeez. | 我的天 |
[33:21] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[33:30] | Mrs Skur, I hope I’m not disturbing you. | 史卡太太 希望我没有打扰你 |
[33:32] | You have a nerve coming here. | 你来这里真是大胆 |
[33:34] | Your husband… | 你丈夫 |
[33:36] | You know he’s not dead. | 你知道你的丈夫没有死 |
[33:38] | How dare you! | 你真是大胆 |
[33:40] | Your husband was discredited in order to cover up a crime. | 他们破坏你先生的名誉是为了要隐瞒罪行 |
[33:42] | A crime committed upon him, against his will. | 这是一个针对他所犯下的罪 |
[33:46] | Whatever was done to him, you’re part of it. | 我不管我先生有什么遭遇都与你有关 |
[33:48] | According to VA records, | 根据医院的记录 |
[33:49] | he underwent surgery for war injuries. | 你的丈夫战争期间动过手术 |
[33:52] | So did two other men that he worked with at the State Department. | 另外两位国务院的同事也一样 |
[33:55] | But the surgeries that they received… | 可是这些手术 |
[33:59] | It wasn’t what they thought it was. | 与他们想像的不同 |
[34:01] | It had nothing to do with their war injuries. | 这与他们的伤无关 |
[34:04] | Then what was it? | 那是什么手术 |
[34:06] | It’s called xeno-transplantation. | 叫异种器官移植 |
[34:09] | It’s the grafting of another species into the human body. | 把一种生物寄生到人体内 |
[34:12] | A procedure that Nazi doctors experimented with. | 那是纳粹医生在战争期间实验过的 |
[34:15] | I believe that they continued their work here, | 我相信他们继续在这里做研究 |
[34:19] | using your husband and these | 他们在这里用你丈夫 |
[34:21] | other two men as unwitting test subjects. | 和两个人做实验品 |
[34:25] | I want to expose what was done to your husband, Mrs Skur. | 我想要揭发你丈夫的真相 史卡太太 |
[34:31] | I can’t do that unless I have his help. | 除非他帮助我 不然我办不到 |
[35:00] | Get in. | 上车 |
[35:04] | Just get in. | 赶快上车 |
[35:47] | Ed? | 埃迪 |
[35:52] | Oh, God. Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[35:55] | I told you not to come down here. | 我叫你不要过来这里 |
[35:57] | That FBI agent came back. | 调查局探员回来了 |
[36:03] | I’m getting worse. | 我越来越糟了 |
[36:04] | He says he wants to help you. | 他说他想要帮忙 |
[36:07] | It’s too late to help me. | 救我已经太迟了 |
[36:11] | I can’t help myself any more. | 我都救不了自己了 |
[36:40] | You sit there. | 你坐那里 |
[36:46] | Leave us alone. | 下去吧 |
[36:48] | – Mr Director… – Leave us. | -局长先生 -去吧 |
[37:05] | In 1945, at the time of | 1945年时 |
[37:07] | the first conference to map out the peace, | 二次大战后 |
[37:10] | after the Second World War, | 第一次和平会议时 |
[37:13] | there lived within the Soviet orbit 180 million people. | 苏联的阵营内有一亿八千万人 |
[37:18] | Lined up on the anti-totalitarian side at that time | 那时候反共产政权的阵营 |
[37:21] | were one billion, 625 million people. | 一共有十六亿两千五百万人 |
[37:28] | Today, Mr Dales, just seven years later, | 今天 戴尔先生 才过了七年 |
[37:32] | there are 800 million people | 一共有八亿人 |
[37:35] | under the absolute domination of Soviet Russia. | 在苏联统治之下 |
[37:39] | An increase of over 400%. | 这是四倍的成长 |
[37:43] | On our side, | 而我们这边 |
[37:45] | the figure has shrunk to around 500 million. | 却变成了只有五亿 |
[37:52] | In other words, | 也就是说 |
[37:56] | in less than seven years, | 在七年内 |
[37:59] | the odds have changed from nine-to-one in our favour | 我们原来是占有九比一的优势 |
[38:04] | to eight-to-five against us. | 现在变成是五比八的劣势 |
[38:07] | The threat of global Communist | 全球被共党产侵略的 |
[38:10] | domination is a reality that can be ignored | 威胁是相当严重的 |
[38:14] | only at the risk of our own annihilation. | 我们有可能被消灭 |
[38:19] | The men we arrested weren’t Communists. | 我们逮捕的人不是共产党 |
[38:22] | If we are to defeat the enemy, we must use their tools. | 如果我们要打败敌人 必须要用他们的工具 |
[38:26] | We must go further. | 我们要抢先一步 |
[38:28] | We must do those things | 我们要更进一步做 |
[38:29] | which even our enemies would be ashamed to do. | 敌人做不出来的事 |
[38:34] | It is only through strength | 我们必须要强大 |
[38:37] | that we can make our enemies fear us | 才能够使敌人怕我们 |
[38:40] | and thereby ensure our own survival. | 才能确保我们的生存 |
[38:46] | You have one chance, Mr Dales, to save yourself, | 你只有一个机会能够救自己 |
[38:52] | to demonstrate that you have the strength to serve your country. | 表现出你有力量愿意服务你的国家 |
[39:17] | Make your meeting with Skur. Let him think you’re alone. | 去和史卡见面 让他以为你是一个人 |
[39:21] | Put him at ease. We’ll be in when the time’s right. | 让他放轻松 我们会找时机进去的 |
[39:26] | So is this why you came to see me, | 你是因此才来找我的吗 |
[39:28] | Mr Mulder? Make me your stalking-horse? | 穆德先生 把我当你的木马 |
[39:33] | I follow my orders. | 我听从我的命令 |
[39:40] | – I might need that. – We want him alive. | -我也许会需要那个 -我们需要他活着 |
[39:56] | There you go. | 给你 |
[39:57] | I turned the lights off out front. | 我已经关掉前门的灯 |
[39:59] | Pull the door shut when you go. | 离开时请关门 |
[40:01] | Thanks for your help. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[40:03] | Anything to help out the Bureau. | 我乐意帮助调查局 |
[40:24] | Did you come here to kill me or to save me? | 你是来杀我 还是来救我的 |
[40:32] | I’m here to help you. Just like I told your wife. | 我和你太太说过 我是来帮助你的 |
[40:37] | My wife is dead. | 我的太太死了 |
[40:40] | I’m dead too. Inside. | 我的内心也死了 |
[40:44] | Because of this thing they put in me. | 因为他们植入我体内的东西 |
[40:47] | For what? | 为了什么? |
[40:49] | To turn me into some kind of killing machine? | 要把我变成杀人机器吗 |
[40:52] | Or just to see what would happen? | 还要看看会发生什么事 |
[40:58] | They’re not coming, you know. | 他们是不会来的 |
[41:01] | They wanted me to kill you or you wouldn’t be here. | 他们要我杀了你 不然你也不会来这里 |
[41:05] | You’re part of their test now too. | 你也是实验品了 |
[41:08] | I don’t want to kill you. | 我不想要杀你 |
[41:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:16] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[42:41] | I can’t believe my father threw in with these men. | 我不敢相信 我父亲和他们同流合污 |
[42:47] | He let them dictate his conscience. | 他让他们昧着自己的良心 |
[42:50] | Don’t tool yourself. | 不要天真了 |
[42:51] | None of us are free to choose. | 我们都没有选择的自由 |
[42:54] | I was ruined for my insubordination. | 我不听话而被毁 |
[42:57] | You keep digging through the X-Files | 你继续去翻X档案 |
[43:00] | and they’ll bury you too. | 他们也会毁了你 |
[43:08] | Skur died saying my father’s name. | 史卡死的时候一直在叫我父亲 |
[43:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[43:12] | I haven’t the faintest idea. | 我不知道 |
[43:23] | There was…there’s one thing you didn’t explain. | 有一件事你还没有解释 |
[43:28] | how Skur was able to get away. | 史卡是怎么逃走的 |
[43:30] | How he was able to live in obscurity for the last 38 years. | 他怎么可能38年来一直隐姓埋名 |
[43:36] | 38 years? | 38年 |
[43:39] | My God. | 我的天 |
[43:41] | Well, I kept hearing things through the years. | 这些年我一直有听到谣言 |
[43:44] | People tell me things. I heard that he was dead, | 有人说他死了 |
[43:48] | that he was kept in some secret lab | 或者是他被关在秘密实验室 |
[43:50] | while they finished up the experiment. | 让他们完成实验 |
[43:52] | I even thought that | 我甚至想到 |
[43:55] | maybe some poor innocent bastard, | 也许有一个 |
[43:58] | somebody with a conscience, | 有良知的人 |
[44:01] | might have let him go. | 放了他 |
[44:23] | Why would anyone do that? Why let the killer go free? | 为什么会有人做这种事 放了一个杀手 |
[44:28] | In the hope that, by letting him live, | 也许是希望让他活下去 |
[44:32] | the truth of the crimes | 这种对他和其他人 |
[44:34] | that were committed against him and the others | 犯下的罪行 |
[44:38] | might someday be exposed. | 有一天也许会真相大白 |