时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | 圣地亚哥郡 加利弗尼亚州 “瀑布社区” | |
[00:12] | Welcome to the Falls. | 欢迎来到瀑布社区 |
[00:14] | Please enter your code now. | 请输入您的密码 |
[00:17] | Welcome to the Falls. | 欢迎来到瀑布社区 |
[00:19] | Please enter your code now. | 请输入您的密码 |
[00:20] | Welcome to the– | 欢迎来到 |
[00:25] | Welcome home, Mr. Kline. | 欢迎回家 克莱先生 |
[01:05] | Oops. Did you get some on you, Dave ? | 喔 是不是沾到身上了 大卫 |
[01:09] | Didn’t want you to get fined. | 我只是不想你被罚款 |
[01:11] | Just trying to be neighborly. | 远亲不如近邻嘛 |
[01:13] | Gotta be up to code. | 你应该遵守规定的 |
[01:32] | Shroeder’s out there painting our mailbox.! | 施罗德在外面漆我们家的信箱 |
[01:36] | You know what I’m gonna do ? | 知道我要做什么吗 |
[01:38] | I’m gonna paint the whole damn house pink. | 我要把这该死的房子整个漆成粉红色 |
[01:40] | Forget about the mailbox, huh ? | 别管那个信箱 是不是 |
[01:41] | I’m gonna make this whole damn | 我要把这该死的地方 |
[01:43] | place look like you won it selling cosmetics. | 弄的看起来像是你卖化妆品赢来的一样 |
[01:45] | How ’bout that ? That’ll show these Nazis. | 你觉得怎么样 就得给那些纳粹们一点颜色瞧瞧 |
[01:47] | Honey, would you just calm down ? Rules are rules. | 亲爱的 冷静点行吗 规定就是规定 |
[01:51] | They’re repainting our mailbox | 他们仅仅因为那是褚黄色 |
[01:53] | because it’s desert sienna instead of desert sage. | 而不是土黄色就来重新漆我们的信箱 |
[01:56] | This guy is a freakin’ weirdo. | 这家伙还真是个神经病 |
[01:58] | Hon, what’s that package ? | 亲爱的 这个包裹是什么 |
[02:01] | I don’t know. It doesn’t say who sent it. | 不知道 上面没写寄件人 |
[02:15] | – Whoa. – Tasteful. | -哇 -真有品味 |
[02:20] | Boy, the neighbors would really hate that. | 嘿 邻居们一定会很讨厌这东西的 |
[02:52] | Honey, what is it ? | 亲爱的 那是什么 |
[02:59] | Stay here. | 待在这儿 |
[03:54] | Dave ? Honey ? | 大卫 亲爱的 |
[05:20] | Wow. | 哇 |
[05:22] | Take a look at this. | 看看这里 |
[05:25] | Honey, what do you think ? | 亲爱的 你觉得怎么样 |
[05:27] | Is this place us or what ? | 这里就是我们的家了 |
[05:30] | You must be the Petries. Hi. Welcome. | 你们一定是派崔夫妇 嗨 欢迎 |
[05:32] | Welcome to the Falls. | 欢迎来到瀑布社区 |
[05:35] | I’m Rob, and this is my lovely wife Laura. | 我是罗伯 这位是我的娇妻 萝拉 |
[05:38] | Rob and Laura Petrie. | 罗伯和萝拉·派崔 |
[05:40] | We pronounce it “Pee-trie,” actually. | 我们念成”皮崔”的 事实上 |
[05:42] | – Oh. – Like the dish. | -喔 -就跟”痞子”的发音一样 |
[05:45] | Well, it’s so nice to meet you. | 真高兴见到你们 |
[05:47] | I’m Pat Verlander. I live six doors down. | 我是派特·维连德 我住在那边的第六间 |
[05:49] | I’m the neighborhood welcome wagon. | 我是欢迎新邻居的代表 |
[05:51] | We’re pleased to make your acquaintance,Pat. | 我们也很高兴认识你 派特 |
[05:53] | I really must say. | 我必须说 |
[05:54] | It’s ten after 5:00. | 现在已经5点10分了 |
[05:55] | I don’t think you’re gonna make it. – I’m sorry ? | -我想你们恐怕会来不及 -什么 |
[05:58] | 6:00 cutoff? | 6点的截止时间 |
[05:59] | All move-ins are required to be completed by 6:00 p.M. | 下午6点之前所有的东西都要搬进屋里 |
[06:03] | It’s in the C.C.& R.S. | 社区公约里面写定的 |
[06:06] | It’s one of our rules. | 这是我们这里的规定 |
[06:14] | Wow. The photos did not do it justice. | 哇 照片不太准确嘛 |
[06:17] | Guys, fast, fast. Come on. Quick. | 伙计们 快点 安静点 |
[06:20] | The previous owners left it so clean. | 前任的屋主保持得真干净 |
[06:23] | What do you do for a living, | 你是做什么工作的 |
[06:24] | Mr. Petrie ? That’s right, isn’t it ? | 皮崔先生 发音没错吧 |
[06:26] | Yeah. I, uh– I work mostly at home, | 没错 我 呃 我通常在家工作 |
[06:29] | which is great for Laura | 这点对萝拉最有利 |
[06:31] | because she gets me all to herself. | 因为我完全是属于她的 |
[06:35] | This place really is immaculate, Pat. | 这地方真是太完美了 派特 |
[06:37] | I wouldn’t mind sending a thank-you note | 我真想寄一张感谢卡 |
[06:40] | to the previous owners. | 给前任屋主 |
[06:41] | That’s sweet. Um– Good. | 真是细心 呃 很好 |
[06:54] | Okay, move it, people. Come on. | 好的 干活 伙计 快点 |
[07:05] | – Rob and Laura Petrie. – Yes. | -罗伯和萝拉·派崔 -是的 |
[07:07] | “Pee-trie.” | “皮崔” |
[07:08] | Win Shroeder, next-door neighbor. Welcome. | 文恩·施罗德 就住隔壁 欢迎 |
[07:10] | Hi, Win. Nice to meet you. | 嗨 文恩 很高兴见到你 |
[07:13] | Don’t you folks worry. | 你们别担心 |
[07:14] | We’ll have you moved in before 6:00. Time ? | 我们会在6点前帮你们搬完的 几点了 |
[07:16] | 1 9 – Pardon me, neighbor. | -5点19分 -失陪 邻居 |
[07:21] | – Excuse us. – Thanks. Oh, thank you. | -让一下 -谢谢 喔 谢谢你 |
[07:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:32] | Excuse me ! | 对不起 |
[07:34] | – I’ll get that. – No, don’t be silly. It’s heavy. | -我来搬吧 -不 别傻了 很重的 |
[07:36] | I got it. | 我来吧 |
[07:38] | Oh, no. | 喔 不 |
[07:41] | I’m– I’m so sorry. | 真是 抱歉 |
[07:43] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[07:44] | Mike. Mike, Mike, Mike, it’s okay. | 麦克 麦克 麦克 没关系的 |
[07:46] | It’s okay, Mike. Go help Gordy. | 没关系的 麦克 去帮戈帝吧 |
[07:48] | Send me any bills. | 记得把帐单给我 |
[07:49] | I’m– I’m sorry. | 真是抱歉 |
[07:53] | I’m Cami Shroeder, by the way. Win’s wife. | 我是卡蜜·施罗德 文恩的妻子 |
[07:55] | Nice to meet you. I’m Laura. | 很高兴认识你 我是萝拉 |
[07:58] | Where does this go ? | 这个放哪儿 |
[08:00] | You can just put that right here in the driveway. | 直接放在车道这边就可以了 |
[08:01] | Whoa. Hold on. Hold on. Let’s talk. | 喔 等一下 等一下 我们要谈谈 |
[08:04] | A B-ball fan ? Shooting hoops– | 篮球迷 篮球架 |
[08:07] | That’s– That’s not good. | 这样不太好 |
[08:09] | That’s definitely gonna stand out | 那东西在你家前院 |
[08:10] | in your front yard over there. | 一定会显得很突兀 |
[08:12] | – Stand out, Win ? – Well, | -突兀 文恩 -嗯 |
[08:13] | as in, uh, not be aesthetically pleasing… | 有点 呃 不太美观 |
[08:15] | to the eye. | 看起来 |
[08:19] | But, hey, maybe you can | 不过也许你可以得到 |
[08:20] | get special dispensation from Mr. Gogolak, | 戈戈拉克先生的特许 |
[08:22] | president of our home owner’s association. | 他是屋主协会的主席 |
[08:25] | I’d take it up with him. But in the meantime, | 我会向他报告的 不过在此之前 |
[08:27] | let’s keep that in the garage. | 最好把这个放到车库里 |
[08:29] | Put it in the garage. | 放到车库里吧 |
[08:33] | Okay. Let’s finish getting you folks moved in. | 好的 快点把东西搬完 |
[08:36] | Let’s go, people ! | 来吧 各位 |
[08:37] | Let’s move, move.! | 快搬 快 |
[08:43] | Bye. | 再见 |
[08:50] | Oh, yeah. Nothing weird going on around here. | 喔 是的 这里是没什么不对劲 |
[08:54] | Hey. Wait a minute. | 嘿 等等 |
[08:55] | You didn’t let me carry you over the threshold. | 你还没让我抱你过门槛呢 |
[09:00] | – You ready ? – Let’s get it on, honey. | -准备好了吗 -来吧 亲爱的 |
[09:03] | All right, then. | 来吧 |
[09:17] | Thanks to our friendly neighbors, | 真该谢谢那些友善的邻居 |
[09:19] | there will be no flourescein bloodstain enhancement. | 萤光血迹增强剂没了 |
[09:24] | Not that it makes much difference. | 那也没什么差别 |
[09:26] | This place is so clean you can build computer chips. | 这个地方干净得都可以制造电脑芯片了 |
[09:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:33] | 01 p.M., February 24. | 2月24日下午6点01分 |
[09:38] | Agents Scully and Mulder… | 史考利和穆德探员 |
[09:40] | in the former home of David and Nancy Kline… | 在大卫和南茜·克莱夫妇的旧居 |
[09:43] | who disappeared without a trace last July. | 他们于去年七月无故失踪 |
[09:46] | The Klines were the third such couple to disappear… | 克莱夫妇是这个社区自1991年建成之后 |
[09:50] | since this neighborhood was built in 1991 . | 第三对失踪的夫妇 |
[09:54] | All were apparently stable professional people… | 他们显然都是有稳定职业的人士 |
[09:59] | with no history of violence, | 没有任何暴力行为 |
[10:01] | domestic discord or mental illness. | 家庭不和以及心理疾病的记录 |
[10:04] | And it took a family member or employee… | 最先都是由他们的家人或是员工 |
[10:07] | to realize that they were gone… | 发觉他们消失的 |
[10:10] | including their cars and a few personal items. | 包括他们的车和一些个人物品也同时消失 |
[10:14] | What local police found in each case was nothing– | 当地警方在所有案件中都找不到任何线索 |
[10:18] | just impeccably-manicured homes… | 只留下干净整洁的房子 |
[10:20] | and a community of neighbors who | 还有一群坚称对 |
[10:22] | professed total ignorance that anyone had disappeared. | 他们的失踪一无所知的邻居 |
[10:25] | That’s pretty surprising considering | 这真是让人吃惊 |
[10:27] | how nutty this bunch is about being neighborly. | 尤其是在这样一个邻里关系如此紧密的社区里 |
[10:30] | The local police department were at a dead end, | 当地警局束手无策 |
[10:33] | so they turned to the F.B.I. | 只好向FBI求助 |
[10:36] | A.D. Skinner in assigning us this case… | 史基纳副局长将此案交给我们处理 |
[10:39] | thought a fruitful approach to the investigation would be… | 他想出一个侦查此案的绝妙方法 |
[10:43] | if we went undercover posing | 让我们假扮房屋买主 |
[10:46] | as prospective home buyers… | 暗中调查 |
[10:48] | as this planned community would seem to hide… | 因为这个规划完善的社区 似乎隐藏着 |
[10:51] | a dark, possibly murderous conspiracy of silence. | 某种黑暗的 寂静的谋杀阴谋 |
[10:56] | You want to make that honeymoon video now ? | 现在要拍蜜月录影带吗 |
[10:58] | – Rob and Laura Petrie ? – “Pee-trie.” | -罗伯和萝拉·派崔 -“皮崔” |
[11:03] | Mulder, if we ever go undercover again, | 穆德 如果以后还有暗中调查的机会 |
[11:04] | I get to choose the names, okay ? | 让我选名字 行吗 |
[11:06] | Fine. | 行 |
[11:06] | This tells me that you’re not taking this seriously. | 听你的语气 你没有认真地对待这件案子 |
[11:10] | I’m taking it seriously. | 不 我是认真的 |
[11:10] | I just don’t understand why we’re on it. | 我只是不明白我们为什么要管这案子 |
[11:12] | It’s our first catch back on the X-Files. | 这是我们回X档案之后的第一个案子 |
[11:15] | This isn’t an X-File. | 但却不是X档案 |
[11:15] | Sure it is. It’s unexplained. | 当然是 无法解释 |
[11:17] | What do you want, aliens ? | 你想要什么案子 外星人 |
[11:19] | – Tractor beams ? – Wow. | -牵引光束 -哇 |
[11:23] | Admit it. You just want to play “House.” | 承认吧 你只是想玩”过家家” |
[11:28] | Woman, | 女人 |
[11:29] | get back in here and make me a sandwich ! | 回来给我做三明治 |
[11:36] | Did I not make myself clear ? | 我说的还不够明白吗 |
[11:44] | Hi. Well, | 嗨 这个 |
[11:46] | -you didn’t need to do that. – Oh, please. | -你不用这么客气的 -喔 请你收下 |
[11:49] | I have more dishes than I need. | 我家的盘子多得用不完 |
[11:50] | I just usually use one and then… wash it. | 我通常只用一个 用完就洗了 |
[11:56] | – I’m, uh, Mike Raskub, by the way. – Hi. | -我叫麦克·若斯库布 -嗨 |
[12:00] | Big Mike, for obvious reasons. | 绰号”大个子麦克” |
[12:02] | I live the next street over. | 我就住在对面街上 |
[12:04] | Oh. | 喔 |
[12:05] | That’s a caduceus. | 双蛇杖标志 |
[12:08] | – Are you a doctor, Mike ? – No. A vet. Veterinarian. | -你是医生吗 麦克 -不 我是兽医 |
[12:12] | If you folks are thinking about getting a dog, or any pet, | 如果你们想养个猫猫狗狗的 |
[12:15] | I’d be happy to check it out for you, no charge. | 我很乐意帮你们看看 免费 |
[12:17] | Just, uh, you’re not allowed to have over 16 pounds of pet. | 不过 呃 你们不能养超过16磅重的宠物 |
[12:21] | That’s one of the C.C.& R.S. | 这也是社区公约中规定的 |
[12:23] | Mighty nice of you, Mike. | 你真是太好了 麦克 |
[12:25] | Gosh. With all this hospitality, | 天啊 你们这么热心 |
[12:27] | I can’t believe the Klines ever left. | 真不相信克莱夫妇会搬走 |
[12:29] | That, uh– That was their name, wasn’t it ? | 他们是叫这个名字吧 |
[12:33] | The, uh, Klines ? | 克莱 |
[12:33] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[12:44] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[12:46] | The name is Rob. | 我叫罗伯 |
[12:53] | What you got there ? | 你找到了什么 |
[12:57] | Looks like whoever cleaned this place | 看来打扫房间的人 |
[12:59] | maybe missed a spot. | 漏掉这个地方了 |
[13:01] | That look like blood to you ? | 你觉得这是血吗 |
[13:05] | How’d it get way up there ? | 这是怎么弄上去的 |
[13:14] | I, uh, didn’t really learn much about them. | 我对他们还不太了解 |
[13:18] | He just said he works at home, | 他只说他在家工作 |
[13:20] | which tells me she’s got money. | 这表示她一定很有钱 |
[13:24] | Seemed nice. Cute couple. | 看起来不错 可爱的一对 |
[13:27] | Mmm, very cute. | 嗯 很可爱 |
[13:29] | Uh, they’re a nice couple. | 他们是一对不错的夫妻 |
[13:31] | What do you think, Gene ? | 你认为呢 基尼 |
[13:33] | Ladies, my compliments to the chef. | 女士们 代我向厨师致意 |
[13:36] | Cami ? Sissy ? | 卡蜜 希希 |
[13:52] | These Petries, are they gonna play ball ? | 这对派崔夫妇 他们会合作吗 |
[13:54] | “Pee-tries.” | “皮崔”夫妇 |
[13:56] | Uh, so far, so good. I’m keeping my eye on ’em. | 呃 目前为止还不错 我会注意他们的 |
[13:59] | Um, Mr. Gogolak. | 呃 戈戈拉克先生 |
[14:04] | Don’t you think that, uh, | 你不认为 呃 |
[14:06] | maybe this time it would be better… if we told them ? | 也许这次我们最好应该先告诉他们吗 |
[14:12] | Mike, you and I have been through this before. | 麦克 你我都曾经经历过这种事 |
[14:15] | We don’t know yet if we can trust them. | 我们还不知道他们值不值得信任 |
[14:17] | It’s just that… | 可是 |
[14:20] | there are so many– so many rules. | 实在有太多太多的规矩了 |
[14:25] | I think that maybe they | 我想如果他们知道 |
[14:26] | would be able to keep up with them better… | 不遵守规则的后果的话 |
[14:29] | if they knew what happened if they don’t. | 他们也许能更好的遵守规则 |
[14:37] | It’s the neighborly thing to do. | 这是邻居应该做的事 |
[14:46] | I really think we should do this. | 我真的认为我们应该这么做 |
[14:50] | Son, Godspeed. | 孩子 一路顺风 |
[14:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:57] | Um, can I, uh, use your– | 呃 我能不能 呃 用一下 |
[15:00] | Second door to the left. | 左边第2扇门 |
[15:03] | There’s Glade under the sink. | 洗脸池下面有洗洁剂 |
[15:08] | Gordy, how about you go make sure he finds it. | 戈帝 你去看看他有没有找到 |
[15:20] | – Gene, I can talk him out of this. – Win. | -基尼 我可以说服他放弃 -文恩 |
[15:24] | The boy’s a weak link, | 这孩子是个薄弱环节 |
[15:27] | and a strong chain can’t survive with a weak link. | 一粒老鼠屎是会坏了一锅粥的 |
[15:43] | …is instinctive and necessary for survival. | 是出于本能 而且对生存是必须的 |
[15:47] | Failure to conform within | 不遵守部落规则 |
[15:49] | the tribal structure can often prove lethal. | 经常是致命的 |
[15:52] | When group elders | 当部族中的长者 |
[15:54] | suspect such an outcast within their midst, | 怀疑有人背叛的时候 |
[15:56] | tribal members gather in a circle… | 部落成员会围成一圈 |
[15:58] | to perform a ritual chant in the belief… | 吟唱宗教圣歌 他们相信 |
[16:01] | that this will expose the unwitting conduit of evil. | 这样可以揭露出不知名的邪恶 |
[16:05] | The chanters eventually | 吟唱者最后 |
[16:06] | settle on the so-called misfit– | 确定所谓的不适合者 |
[16:08] | Oh, no. | 喔 糟了 |
[16:25] | Come on. | 快点 |
[16:33] | Yes. | 好了 |
[16:41] | No. | 不 |
[16:44] | No, I fixed it ! I fixed it ! | 不 我修好了 我修好了 |
[16:59] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[17:02] | Oh ! Oh, Rob, Laura. I’m so sorry. | 喔 喔 罗伯 萝拉 真抱歉 |
[17:05] | So, good morning. | 早上好 |
[17:07] | So, how was your first night ? Peaceful ? | 第一夜还平静吧 |
[17:09] | It was wonderful. We just | 真是太棒了 我抱着她 |
[17:10] | spooned up and fell asleep like little baby cats. | 然后就睡着了 就像小猫一样 |
[17:13] | Isn’t that right, honey bunch ? | 对不对 亲爱的 |
[17:15] | That’s right, poopy head. | 是的 小傻蛋 |
[17:16] | Win, are we in the right place ? | 文恩 我们没走错地方吧 |
[17:18] | I thought this was Big Mike’s house. | 我以为这里是大个子麦克的家 |
[17:19] | Yeah, yeah. I’m just, uh– I’m just helping out. | 对 对 我只是 呃 只是过来帮忙 |
[17:22] | Mike had to leave town on business. | 麦克出差去了 |
[17:24] | What kind of business ? | 出什么差 |
[17:26] | I thought he was a veterinarian. | 他不是兽医吗 |
[17:29] | Veterinarian business, I guess. | 我猜就是兽医上的事吧 |
[17:31] | I just know he’s gone weeks at a time. | 我只知道每次出差都要好几个星期 |
[17:34] | I’ll just leave this here then. | 那我只能把东西放在这儿了 |
[17:36] | Let me take those. | 我替他收下好了 |
[17:37] | Just… tidier-looking than leaving them on the front porch. | 这样比留在门口整齐多了 |
[17:42] | It’d be more aesthetically pleasing, huh ? | 看起来更美观 |
[17:44] | Exactly. Say, would you two like to join… | 没错 今晚愿意过来 |
[17:47] | Cami and me for dinner this evening, about 6:00 ? | 与我和卡蜜共进晚餐吗 6:00左右 |
[17:50] | – We eat early. – That sounds great. Thanks. | -我们吃得早 -这主意不错 谢了 |
[17:53] | Great. | 太好了 |
[17:59] | Oh, Win, you mentioned, uh, | 哦 文恩 你说过 呃 |
[18:01] | that I could talk to | 我能找人谈谈 |
[18:02] | someone about putting up my basketball hoop ? | 装篮球架的事 |
[18:05] | Who was that again ? Mr. Gogolak, was it ? | 他叫什么名字来着 戈戈拉克先生 对吗 |
[18:09] | All right, then, let’s see. | 好吧 让我们看看 |
[18:11] | Basketball hoop and backboard. | 可移动的篮球框 |
[18:13] | Portable. | 篮球架 |
[18:17] | Nope, I’m sorry. It’s not allowed. | 不行 抱歉 违反规定 |
[18:19] | – You’re kidding ? – I’m afraid not. | -你在开玩笑 -恐怕不是 |
[18:22] | Rules are rules. | 规定就是规定 |
[18:24] | It may not sound like anything– | 听起来没什么大不了的 |
[18:26] | a simple basketball hoop– | 一个篮球架而已 |
[18:28] | but from there it’s just a | 但接下来 |
[18:29] | few short steps to spinning daisy reflectors… | 就会有新潮的反射镜 |
[18:31] | and a bass boat in the driveway. | 还有在车道上停放的游艇 |
[18:33] | In other words, anarchy. | 换句话说 混乱 |
[18:36] | It may sound tough, | 似乎令人难以适应 |
[18:38] | but ours is a system that works. | 但我们的系统就是这样运作的 |
[18:42] | That’s why the Falls is… | 这也是瀑布社区成为 |
[18:44] | one of the top-ranked planned communities | 加州顶级社区之一 |
[18:47] | in all of California. | 的原因 |
[18:50] | Most of our homeowners have been here since day one. | 我们大部分的屋主从第一天起就住在这里 |
[18:56] | I love the decor here, Mr. Gogolak. | 我喜欢这儿的装饰 戈戈拉克先生 |
[18:59] | Is it, um, Occidental ? | 这些是西方国家的饰品吗 |
[19:02] | Well, it’s, uh, Nepalese and Tibetan mostly. | 大部分是来自于尼泊尔和西藏的 |
[19:05] | – I go there twice a year on business. – Oh. | -我每年会到那儿出差两次 -哦 |
[19:09] | I run Pier 9 Imports. | 我经营九号码头进口品 |
[19:11] | I can get you a great deal | 我可以低价卖给你藤制品 |
[19:12] | on rattan furniture if you’re interested. | 如果你有兴趣的话 |
[19:14] | Indoor only. | 只限室内 |
[19:15] | Outdoor use is prohibited by our C.C.& R.S. | 室外家具是被我们的社区公约所禁止的 |
[19:25] | Uh-uh, Scruffy. Go on, now. | 小邋遢 吃吧 |
[19:28] | Sweetheart, | 亲爱的 |
[19:28] | did you use the dolphin-safe tuna this time ? | 这次你用的是保护海豚牌的鲔鱼罐头吗 |
[19:32] | Dolphin-safe all the way, honey. | 一直都是 亲爱的 |
[19:34] | We always use dolphin-safe. | 我们一直用保护海豚牌的 |
[19:36] | You’ve got to love those dolphins, | 你们一定很喜欢海豚 |
[19:38] | although they’re pretty tasty too. | 虽然它们的味道也很鲜美 |
[19:44] | So, where’d you two meet ? | 你们是在哪儿认识的 |
[19:49] | Actually, it was at a U.F.O. Conference. | 老实说 是在UFO会议上认识的 |
[19:52] | Flying saucers ? | 飞碟 |
[19:52] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[19:54] | Wouldn’t have thought you folks would have been into that. | 没想到你们会对飞碟感兴趣 |
[19:58] | Well, it’s not me so much as Laura. | 我可不像萝拉那么疯狂 |
[20:00] | She’s quite the new-ager. | 她是个十足的新人类 |
[20:01] | I mean, she’s into those magnetic | 我是说 她对那些磁手镯 |
[20:03] | bracelets and crystals and mood rings, | 水晶情绪戒指之类的 |
[20:05] | what have you. | 很感兴趣 |
[20:06] | I mean, God bless her. | 我是说 老天保佑 |
[20:08] | She’s a sucker for all that stuff. | 她对那些东西简直疯狂不已 |
[20:10] | Well, I wouldn’t have guessed that, would you ? | 真没想到 是不是 |
[20:13] | Mm-mm. | 嗯嗯 |
[20:13] | – No kidding. – Yeah. | -没想到吧 -可不是嘛 |
[20:15] | You know, Win, | 你知道 文恩 |
[20:17] | when you, uh– when you told me this morning… | 你今天早上告诉我 |
[20:20] | that Big Mike was out of town on business, | 说大个子麦克出差去了 |
[20:23] | I don’t think that’s true. | 我可不这么认为 |
[20:25] | You don’t ? | 是吗 |
[20:29] | No, ’cause we called his office. | 对 因为我们打过电话到他办公室 |
[20:30] | Didn’t we, honey ? | 对不对 亲爱的 |
[20:31] | – We did. – Yeah. | -是的 -对 |
[20:35] | We’re thinking about getting a dog, | 我们想养条狗 |
[20:37] | so we wanted to ask him his advice… | 所以想问问他的意见 |
[20:40] | and see if his office had a forwarding number | 所以打电话过去问问有没有最新的电话号码 |
[20:42] | and they said– | 可他们说 |
[20:43] | That he wasn’t there. | 他不在 |
[20:44] | They didn’t know where he was. | 他们不知道他在哪儿 |
[20:46] | Yeah. | 对 |
[20:48] | Do you know where he is, Win ? | 你知道他在哪儿吗 文恩 |
[20:52] | I really couldn’t tell you. | 我真的不知道 |
[20:56] | It’s gotta be something really freaky-deaky. | 此事相当诡异 |
[20:59] | I mean, for him to lie about it like that ? | 我是说 他会这样撒谎 |
[21:01] | Maybe he’s got some wild secret life going on. | 说不定他过着狂野的秘密生活 |
[21:06] | But every community has its dark underbelly, | 每个社区都有不为人知的黑暗面 |
[21:09] | don’t you think ? | 不是吗 |
[21:10] | We don’t have any underbelly. | 我们没有任何黑暗面 |
[21:15] | As far as I’m concerned, | 我个人认为 |
[21:16] | this community is the American Dream. | 本社区是美国梦的实现 |
[21:18] | Um– | 呃 |
[21:21] | I’m sorry. I, um, | 抱歉 我 呃 |
[21:24] | realized that it’s past time that I walk Scruffy. | 我该带小邋遢去散步了 |
[21:27] | – Would you like some company ? – Yeah. | -我可以一起去吗 -可以 |
[21:43] | So, is this the American Dream ? | 这就是美国梦的实现 |
[21:47] | This place ? | 这里吗 |
[21:49] | Oh. Uh– | 喔 呃 |
[21:51] | Nice neighborhood, you know. | 邻里和睦 你知道 |
[21:55] | Just a lot of people who want the best for their families. | 许多人都想给家人最好的 |
[21:58] | So it’s just not your dream. | 可这不是你的梦想 |
[22:04] | You know, Cami, I’ve noticed… | 卡蜜 我注意到 |
[22:06] | that you’ve walked us past Mike’s house… twice. | 我们经过了麦克家两次 |
[22:11] | Are you worried about him ? | 你在担心他吗 |
[22:13] | No. I don’t really know what you mean. | 没有 我不懂你在说什么 |
[22:18] | Scruffy ! Scruffy, come here ! | 小邋遢 小邋遢 过来 |
[22:20] | Scruffy, no ! Scruffy ! | 小邋遢 不 小邋遢 |
[22:22] | Scruffy, come out here ! | 小邋遢 快出来 |
[22:24] | Scruffy. Scruffy, come out of there. | 小邋遢 小邋遢 快点出来 |
[22:31] | – Let me take a look. – Do you see him ? | -我看看 -看见没有 |
[22:53] | Scruffy, it’s okay. It’s okay. | 小邋遢 没事了 |
[22:55] | I got you. I got you. | 我在这儿 |
[22:57] | – What’s he got there ? – Deep breath. | -那是什么 -吐口气 |
[22:59] | That’s a close one, huh ? Yeah ? | 好险 是不是 |
[23:02] | That’s a good boy. | 真乖 |
[23:04] | Let me wipe that off. That’s a good boy. | 我来擦掉 真乖 |
[23:07] | Okay, let’s get you home. | 来 我带你回家 |
[23:10] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[23:27] | – All right, Lieutenant. – Caduceus. | -好的 警官 -双蛇杖标志 |
[23:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:35] | Local P.D. Came up blank on… Mike Raskub. | 当地警局找不到任何有关 麦克·莱斯库伯的线索 |
[23:40] | No activity on his credit cards. | 没有信用卡交易记录 |
[23:42] | No sighting ofhis ’97 Mercury Villager. | 也没有人看到他那辆97年的水星村民车 |
[23:45] | There’s no sign of him in his house. | 他家也没有任何线索 |
[23:47] | I didn’t see him in the storm drain either. | 排水沟也不见他的踪影 |
[23:51] | – I take it he’s dead, Scully. – Laura. | -我认为他已经死了 史考利 -叫我萝拉 |
[23:55] | Think it’s Win Shroeder? | 是文恩·施罗德干的 |
[23:57] | Maybe Win cleaning up. | 也许文恩只是在清理 |
[24:00] | – Cleaning up for who ? – I don’t know. | -为谁清理 -我不知道 |
[24:04] | Mulder, speaking of cleaning up, | 穆德 说到清理 |
[24:05] | whoever taught you | 有人教过你 |
[24:07] | how to squeeze a tube of toothpaste ? | 该怎么挤牙膏吗 |
[24:09] | What do we know about this stuff? | 这是什么 |
[24:12] | I’m driving down to San Diego tomorrow | 我明天开车拿到圣地亚哥 |
[24:14] | to have it analyzed. | 去化验 |
[24:15] | – All right. – Third warning. Toilet seat. | -好的 -第三次警告 马桶座 |
[24:24] | Why kill Big Mike ? | 为什么要杀大个子麦克 |
[24:26] | What’s missing here is intent. | 没找到任何意图 |
[24:29] | What would be the motive ? | 他的动机是什么 |
[24:33] | Compulsive neatness, or a lack there of. | 强制性洁癖 或是不爱干净 |
[24:36] | Have you noticed how everybody around here… | 你注意到这儿的每个人 |
[24:38] | is obsessed with the neighborhood rules and C.C.& R.S. ? | 都特别注重遵守社区公约吗 |
[24:41] | You know, you fit in really well here. | 知道吗 你很适合这里 |
[24:43] | And you don’t. | 你可不适合 |
[24:45] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[24:46] | tomorrow I got a surefire way of testing out my theory. | 我明天要去验证我的理论 |
[24:53] | Come on, Laura. You know. | 来嘛 萝拉 你知道 |
[24:56] | We’re married now. | 现在我们是夫妻 |
[24:58] | Scully, Mulder. Good night. | 叫我史考利 穆德 晚安 |
[25:07] | The thrill is gone. | 激情已逝 |
[25:23] | Bring it on. | 放马过来吧 |
[28:00] | – Stay here. – Stop him, Win. | -待在这里 -阻止他 文恩 |
[28:02] | – Stay here ! – Stop him ! | -待在这 -阻止他 |
[28:10] | Hey, Win, wanna play “”Horse” ? | 嘿 文恩 一起玩吗 |
[28:13] | – What the hell are you doing ? – What am I doing ? | -你到底在干什么 -我在干什么 |
[28:17] | – What are you doing ? – Damn it ! | -你在干什么 -可恶 |
[28:18] | Get off of it ! Help me get this inside. | 罗伯 放手 帮我把它搬进去 |
[28:20] | – What’s gonna happen if we don’t ? – Fine. | -为什么 如果不搬又会怎么样 -行 |
[28:23] | That’s the way you want it ? | 你就想这样做吗 |
[28:24] | It’s just a basketball hoop, Win. | 这只是个篮球架 文恩 |
[28:26] | I don’t understand | 我不知道 |
[28:27] | why you’re getting all bent out of shape. | 你为什么要那么激动 |
[28:34] | – You were warned. – Warned about what ? | -你会被警告的 -警告什么 |
[28:38] | No.! No.! | 不 不 |
[28:42] | No.! No.! | 不 不 |
[28:47] | Stop ! | 站住 |
[29:04] | Cami, you all right ? | 卡蜜 你没事吧 |
[30:01] | Mulder ? | 穆德 |
[30:07] | Mulder, is that you ? | 穆德 是你吗 |
[31:38] | – Whoa ! – Sorry, Mulder. | -哇 -对不起 穆德 |
[31:44] | – Somebody was in the house. – Tidying up. | -有人在屋里 -清理环境 |
[31:47] | Whoever it was, | 不管是谁 |
[31:47] | they put away my basketball hoop. | 他们搬走了我的篮球架 |
[31:49] | Somebody’s looking out after us, | 有人在监视我们 |
[31:50] | Scully, which may not be a bad thing. | 史考利 或许这不是件坏事 |
[31:52] | – What do you mean ? – I got a | -什么意思 -我看到 |
[31:53] | look at that thing that’s been scaring everybody. | 让大家噤若寒蝉的东西了 |
[31:56] | I take it back. This is an X-File. | 我收回我的话 这是件X档案 |
[32:10] | How’s Cami ? | 卡蜜还好吧 |
[32:16] | What did we do wrong, Gene ? | 我们做错了什么 基尼 |
[32:18] | Was our welcome mat not to your liking ? | 是因为不喜欢我家门口的地垫 |
[32:21] | Did I coil my garden hose clockwise | 还是因为我是以顺时针方向收水管 |
[32:24] | instead of counterclockwise ? | 而不是逆时针 |
[32:24] | Hold the phone now. | 稍安勿燥 |
[32:28] | Are you saying that I had something to do with this ? | 你是说我与此事有关 |
[32:31] | Who else ? The exact same | 还能是谁 这和你要 |
[32:33] | thing– the thing you had me do to Mike. | 我对付麦克的方式一样 |
[32:35] | Who else would do that ? | 还有谁会这么做 |
[32:37] | Son, you’ll wanna take a deep breath… | 孩子 先深呼吸一下 |
[32:41] | and rethink that theory. | 然后想清楚 |
[32:51] | It’s your next-door neighbor, Win. | 是你的隔壁邻居 文恩 |
[32:54] | He’s a rabble-rouser. | 他是祸首 |
[32:56] | He’s trouble with a capital “T.” | 是个大麻烦 |
[32:59] | And you and I both know it only takes one rotten apple… | 你我都知道 一颗老鼠屎 |
[33:02] | to spoil the whole bunch. | 会坏了整锅粥的 |
[33:11] | Here we go. | 找到了 |
[33:18] | Yeah. I’m guessing there’s one of these in every yard. | 我想每个庭院都有 |
[33:21] | I think this is how this thing travels– where it lives. | 我想这就是它移动的方式 它就住在这儿 |
[33:26] | In the ground ? | 在地下 |
[33:29] | This huge creature you think you saw ? | 你以为你看见的大怪物 |
[33:37] | Look, Mulder, huge creatures aside, | 听着 穆德 除了大怪物 |
[33:39] | do you care to hear what I think ? | 你愿意听我的想法吗 |
[33:40] | Always. | 随时恭听 |
[33:50] | These are the lab results from the San Diego P.D. | 这是圣地亚哥警局化验室出来的结果 |
[33:54] | First of all, the stuff that we | 首先是我们在风扇叶片找到的东西 |
[33:55] | found on the fan blade– dried blood and scalp hairs ? | 我们以为是干掉的血迹和头发 |
[33:59] | It’s neither. The blood | 结果都不是 |
[34:00] | is predominantly ketchup and brake fluid… | 血迹其实是番茄酱和刹车油 |
[34:02] | and the hairs are bristles from a scrub brush. | 头发其实是刷子的刷毛 |
[34:06] | And the same goes for the sample we found | 我们从狗嘴里取出的样品 |
[34:09] | on the dog’s muzzle. | 也一样 |
[34:12] | It’s coffee grounds, eggshells and motor oil… | 那是咖啡渣 蛋壳和机油 |
[34:16] | with about 50 other | 还有其他50种 |
[34:17] | constituents with a little mercurochrome for color. | 成份和红药水 |
[34:20] | In other words, Mulder, it’s garbage, | 换句话说 穆德 全是垃圾 |
[34:22] | which makes perfect sense… | 这点并不稀奇 |
[34:24] | because this entire | 因为这个社区 |
[34:25] | neighborhood has been built upon an old landfill. | 就是建在过去的垃圾场上的 |
[34:28] | – A landfill ? – Mm-hmm. | -垃圾场 -嗯哼 |
[34:30] | We found this stuff everywhere | 我们发现这里到处都是垃圾 |
[34:31] | because it is everywhere. It’s just beneath the topsoil. | 是因为本来就全是垃圾 就在表土之下 |
[34:35] | And that protrusion in the front | 前院的突起部分 |
[34:36] | yard may occur from the venting of methane gas. | 可能是沼气外溢造成的 |
[34:40] | But, Mulder, I don’t see how any of this has to do… | 但是 穆德 我看不出这些 |
[34:43] | with the disappearances that we’re investigating. | 与我们调查的失踪案有多大的关联 |
[34:46] | It does. Somehow, it’s one and the same. The Klines ? | 当然有 就和克莱夫妇一样 |
[34:49] | Yeah ? | 是吗 |
[34:50] | What if they’re still here ? | 如果他们还在这儿呢 |
[34:52] | You mean buried in the yard ? | 你是指被埋在前院 |
[34:54] | Well, once we start a forensic excavation, | 一旦开始挖掘 |
[34:56] | our cover’s blown. | 我们的身份就会曝光了 |
[35:10] | What in God’s name are you doing? | 你到底在搞什么东西 |
[35:15] | – God– – Putting in a pool. | -天啊 -挖游泳池 |
[35:17] | In the front yard ? What, are you insane ? | 在前院 你疯了吗 |
[35:20] | Have you even looked at the C.C.& R.S ? | 你难道没看过社区公约吗 |
[35:22] | You can’t just put in a swimming pool ! | 你不能挖游泳池 |
[35:24] | It’s not a swimming pool. | 这不是游泳池 |
[35:25] | It’s a reflecting pool. I checked the rules. | 这是反射池 我查过规则 |
[35:29] | There’s no rule against putting in a reflecting pool. | 没有规定说不能挖反射池 |
[35:32] | It’s very tranquil. You’d like it. | 非常宁静 你会喜欢的 |
[35:45] | Let him dig his own grave. | 让他自掘坟墓吧 |
[36:09] | Hey. Mulder. | 嘿 穆德 |
[36:15] | The Klines aren’t down there. | 克莱夫妇不在那儿 |
[36:18] | I think it’s time you called it a night. | 我想你该休息了 |
[36:45] | Tasteful, isn’t it ? | 真有品味 不是吗 |
[36:53] | Gogolak. | 戈戈拉克 |
[36:54] | Hey, can you get an excavation team out here ? | 嘿 你能叫挖掘大队过来吗 |
[36:56] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[36:57] | – We need to dig deeper. – Where are you going ? | -我们需要挖深一点 -你要去哪儿 |
[37:00] | To price some rattan furniture. | 去看看籐制家具的价格 |
[37:50] | Yes, this is Special Agent Dana Scully. | 我是黛娜·史考利特别探员 |
[37:52] | I need a full forensic team to 450 Autumn Terrace. | 我需要化验小组到秋高天地450号 |
[37:58] | No, not tomorrow. Tonight. | 不 不是明天 是今晚 |
[38:03] | I’m sorry. Can I call you back ? | 抱歉 我再给你回电好吗 |
[38:15] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[38:27] | Oh, God. | 喔 上帝 |
[38:32] | It’s come for you, Laura. | 它是来找你们的 萝拉 |
[38:34] | You can’t make a noise. | 别发出声音 |
[38:36] | Shh. Shh. | 嘘 嘘 |
[38:39] | Mike. What happened to you ? | 麦克 你怎么了 |
[38:43] | – You have to get out of here. – Why ? | -你必须离开这里 -为什么 |
[38:46] | What are you talking about ? | 你在说什么 |
[38:48] | Who’s downstairs ? | 谁在楼下 |
[38:49] | – Shh. Shh. Shh. – Mike. | -嘘 嘘 嘘 -麦克 |
[38:52] | – Who did this to you ? – The ubermenscher. | -谁对你下的手 -超人 |
[38:55] | It’s our fault. | 这是我们的错 |
[38:59] | The original homeowners. | 原来的屋主 |
[39:01] | We asked for it and now we can’t stop it. | 是我们自找的 我们已经阻止不了了 |
[39:04] | Stop what, Mike ? | 阻止什么 麦克 |
[39:10] | I tried to give it Shroeder. You know, | 我试着报复施罗德 你知道 |
[39:12] | tit for tat. Just like Shroeder did for me. | 以牙还牙 就像他对我做的那样 |
[39:14] | Mike, listen. Settle down. Okay ? | 麦克 听着 冷静点 好吗 |
[39:16] | Just give me my gun. I’m a federal agent. | 把枪还给我 我是联邦探员 |
[39:20] | The ubermenscher wants you, Laura. | 超人要的是你们 萝拉 |
[39:22] | Your husband– he’s broken way too many rules. | 你丈夫 他违反了太多规定 |
[39:25] | I’ve been hiding in the sewer. I tried to warn him. | 我一直躲在排水沟中 试图警告他 |
[39:30] | Mike,just give me the gun. | 麦克 把枪给我 |
[39:54] | No.! | 不 |
[40:00] | F.B.I. ? What did I do ? | 联邦调查局 我干了什么 |
[40:02] | Let’s start with the Klines. | 从克莱夫妇开始说起吧 |
[40:04] | You’re responsible for | 你得对他们碎尸 |
[40:05] | them being in little pieces in my front yard. | 在我家前院的事负责 |
[40:07] | You gave them that lawn | 你给他们的那个草皮饰品 |
[40:08] | ornament– guy with the axe ? | 那个拿斧头的家伙 |
[40:09] | Whirligig. | 旋转风车 |
[40:10] | Yeah, whirligig. It’s tacky | 是的 旋转风车 |
[40:11] | enough to break your rules and C.C.& R.S. | 它违反了你的社区公约 |
[40:14] | Tacky enough to mark the Klines for death. | 足以致克莱夫妇于死地 |
[40:16] | And won’t that sound good in a court of law ? | 这些话在法庭上可不那么有用 |
[40:18] | When the judge asks you who killed the Klines, | 法官问你是谁杀死了克莱夫妇 |
[40:20] | what exactly are you gonna tell him ? | 你要怎么回答 |
[40:26] | A tulpa. | 陶巴 |
[40:30] | It’s a Tibetan thought-form. | 西藏的思想形式 |
[40:33] | It’s a living creature willed into | 它会在被某些有能力的人 |
[40:34] | existence by someone who possesses that ability– | 赋予一定的意志后获得生命 |
[40:38] | an ability I think you picked up | 我想是你在远东地区出差时 |
[40:39] | on your whirligig-buying excursions to the Far East. | 学到了这种能力 |
[40:41] | Why’d you do it ? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[40:43] | I mean, is it so damn important… | 我是说 每家都要拥有 |
[40:46] | for everybody to have the same color mailbox ? | 同样颜色的邮箱真的那么重要 |
[40:49] | It’s important that people fit in. | 遵守规定是很重要 |
[40:51] | But you didn’t know exactly | 但你不了解你这么做 |
[40:53] | what you were getting into, did you ? | 会造成什么后果 是不是 |
[40:56] | I mean, you can summon its existence, but– | 你可以召唤它出现 但是 |
[40:58] | You can give it life, but you can’t control it. | 你可以给它生命 但却控制不了它 |
[41:00] | The best you can hope for is to stay out of its way. | 你只能希望自己别惹上它 |
[41:03] | Son, my lawyers are gonna make you sound so stupid… | 孩子 我的律师会让你百口莫辩的 |
[41:07] | that not only will I never see the inside of a jail cell, | 我不但不会进监狱 |
[41:11] | but you’ll be signing all your paychecks straight to me. | 而且你还得付我一大笔赔偿金 |
[41:43] | Gene ? | 基尼 |
[41:45] | Win. | 文恩 |
[41:47] | You’ve got two F.B.I. Agents living next door to you. | 你隔壁住了两个调查局探员 |
[41:51] | Cheer up. It’s not for long. | 开心点 不会太久的 |
[42:02] | Scully? | 史考利 |
[42:07] | Scully ? | 史考利 |
[42:25] | Scully ? | 史考利 |
[42:29] | – Mulder? – Scully ? | -穆德 -史考利 |
[42:31] | – Mulder? – Scully, hang on. | -穆德 -史考利 撑着点 |
[42:37] | Come here. Help me with this. | 过来 帮帮我 |
[42:40] | Win, come here. | 文恩 过来 |
[42:43] | Win.! | 文恩 |
[42:46] | Win, wait a minute. No. No. | 文恩 等一下 不要 别 |
[42:51] | He deserves what he gets. | 这是他自找的 |
[42:56] | Mulder, it was here. | 穆德 它在这里 |
[43:07] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[44:04] | Several residents of the Falls… | 瀑布社区的住户 |
[44:05] | have now come forward to blame | 如今开始把 |
[44:07] | the deaths in the neighborhood… | 邻居的死亡 |
[44:08] | on home owner association president Gene Gogolak. | 归罪到屋主委员会主席基尼·戈戈拉克身上 |
[44:12] | These same residents deny Agent Mulder’s allegations… | 这些居民否认穆德的指称 |
[44:14] | that they were in some sense | 他指称他们 |
[44:16] | all responsible for the demise of Gogolak himself, | 应对戈戈拉克的死负责 |
[44:19] | claiming ignorance as to what actually killed him. | 他们宣称他是因为自己的无知而死 |
[44:22] | It would seem the code of | 隐藏在此社区的黑暗的 |
[44:23] | silence that hid the sins of this community… | 寂静的谋杀阴谋 |
[44:25] | has not only survived, | 不仅一直存在着 |
[44:27] | but in its creator, claimed a final victim. | 其创造者更成为它最后的牺牲品 |
[44:31] | Meanwhile, the Falls at Arcadia has been named… | 同时 阿卡地亚的瀑布社区 |
[44:34] | one of the top planned communities | 六年来一直被誉为 |
[44:35] | in California for the sixth year running. | 加州规划最完善的社区之一 |