时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:27] | 温斯顿-塞勒姆 北加利福尼亚 晚上 9:47 | |
[00:33] | Radio check. Perimeter is clear. | 步话机检查 周围安全 |
[00:36] | Copy that. Give me a check every ten. | 收到 每十分钟检查一次 |
[00:40] | Why don’t you folks make yourselves comfortable? | 你们干嘛不放轻松些 |
[00:43] | Watch some television. Get some rest. | 看看电视 休息一下 |
[00:47] | Try to put your minds at ease. | 试着稳定你们的情绪 |
[00:52] | Just try to stay away from the windows and the doors, if you would. | 只要注意别靠近窗户和门 |
[00:56] | Do we have to ask you if we can use the bathroom? | 我们用洗手间也必须要请示吗 |
[00:58] | I feel like I’m a prisoner in my own home. | 我就像个被关在自己家里的囚犯 |
[01:01] | Ma’am, I apologize for the imposition,but my job is to protect you. | 夫人 我为如此强制要求表示道歉 但这是我的工作 |
[01:04] | As of this evening, the FBI’s top priority is keeping you safe. | 今天晚上FBI最首要的任务 就是确保你们的安全 |
[01:08] | For how long? A week, a month? Then what? | 能保护多久 一星期 一个月 然后呢 |
[01:12] | Jim, don’t do this, please. | 吉姆 拜托不要去 |
[01:15] | You don’t have to testify. | 你不是非要去作证不可 |
[01:17] | It’s not worth it. | 这不值得 |
[01:18] | These people have a long reach. They’re powerful. | 那些人一手遮天 他们有势力 |
[01:21] | I have to do this. | 我必须去 |
[01:26] | I’m going to bed. | 我去睡了 |
[01:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:42] | The grand jury convenes at 9:00. We’ll leave here at 7:30. | 大陪审团9点钟传唤 我们7点半出发 |
[01:46] | I’ll be right outside the door if you need me. | 如果你需要我 我就在门外 |
[02:39] | Jim? | 吉姆 |
[02:55] | Jim? | 吉姆 |
[02:57] | Are you feeling all right? | 你没什么事吧 |
[03:05] | Jim? | 吉姆 |
[03:07] | Mr. Skinner! Mr. Skinner! | 史基纳先生…… 史基纳先生 |
[03:11] | – Jim! – Dr. Scobie? | – 吉姆 – 斯科比博士 |
[03:14] | – Jim! – Ma’am. | – 吉姆 – 夫人…… |
[04:44] | Yes, at the time I was in another part of the house. | 是的 当时我在房子里别的地方 |
[04:48] | Yes. Yes, sir. Yes, sir. | 是的…… 是的 长官… 是 长官 |
[04:51] | Yes, sir, I will have answers for you. I… | 是 长官 我会给出一个答复的 |
[04:55] | I… | 我…… |
[05:02] | – Rough night? – It’s shaping up to be a rougher morning. | – 倒霉的一晚 – 现在发展成一个倒霉的早上了 |
[05:06] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[05:10] | There’s fingerprints everywhere, | 到处是指纹 |
[05:11] | but as they all belong to the deceased… | 但都是属于死者… |
[05:13] | and his wife, they don’t help us. | …和他妻子的 没有任何帮助 |
[05:15] | – This is where the body was found? – Yeah. | – 这儿就是发现尸体的地方 – 对 |
[05:17] | What can you tell us about him? | 你对他有什么了解吗 |
[05:19] | Dr. James Scobie, age 44, | 詹姆斯·斯科比博士 44岁 |
[05:22] | R&D biochemist with Morley Tobacco. | 摩利烟草公司的研发生化学家 |
[05:25] | If he were alive as of 26 minutes ago, | 如果他还活着 26分钟前… |
[05:28] | he’d be giving testimony against | …他就该站在大陪审团前 |
[05:31] | his former employer before a federal grand jury. | 指证他的前雇主了 |
[05:32] | Testimony concerning what? | 指证什么 |
[05:35] | Not even his wife or his lawyer know the specifics. | 具体细节甚至他妻子和律师都不清楚 |
[05:38] | Only that it concerns research that he was involved in. | 只知道牵涉到他参与的研究 |
[05:40] | Potentially extremely damaging to Morley. | 对摩利公司有着潜在的极大打击… |
[05:43] | Enough so that Scobie received death threats. | 严重到令斯科比受到灭口威胁 |
[05:47] | Given the high profile nature of the case, | 出于案件形势的严峻性 |
[05:50] | the director charged me with insuring | 局长命令我负责保护 |
[05:52] | Dr. Scobie’s protection. | 斯科比博士的安全 |
[05:56] | And you think that someone made good on these threats? | 那么你认为某人已成功达到了目的 |
[05:59] | I do. | 是的 |
[06:00] | Though we’ve yet to determine | 尽管我们还不能判定 |
[06:01] | how someone got in here or… | 某人是如何进来的 还有… |
[06:04] | what killed him. | …是什么杀了他 |
[06:10] | You can’t blow a whistle with a mouth like that. | 这样的一张嘴是“吹不出口哨”的 (双关:不能搞揭发) |
[06:13] | It’s almost as if his flesh has been stripped or eaten away. | 他的肉就像是被剥掉 或是被吃掉了 |
[06:18] | I mean, an assailant could have thrown acid on him. | 我看 也许凶手向他泼了酸 |
[06:20] | Well, if it was acid in the face, | 如果是酸泼到脸上 |
[06:23] | he would have screamed bloody murder. | 他应该能大声呼救的 |
[06:24] | Well, we’re looking at all possibilities, Agent. | 我们要着眼于一切可能性 探员们 |
[06:27] | We need answers. We don’t have a lot of time. | 我们需要答案 而时间紧迫 |
[06:29] | And we’re going up against | 并且我们将要 |
[06:31] | one of the biggest corporations in America. | 和美国最大的公司之一作对 |
[06:33] | The director instructed me that | 局长本人亲自指示我说 |
[06:35] | he wants this case closed as swiftly as possible. | 这个案子要尽快结案 |
[06:37] | I trust I can count on your help. | 我期待能依赖你们的帮助 |
[06:42] | All right, I want you to perform the autopsy. | 好吧 我要你去做验尸 |
[06:44] | The body’s in the county morgue. | 尸体在县立太平间 |
[06:46] | – I’ll get right on it. – Thank you. | – 我这就去办 – 谢谢 |
[06:54] | – Huh. – What? | – 啊 – 什么 |
[06:56] | There’s no ashtrays. Dr. Scobie and his wife don’t smoke? | 没有烟灰缸 斯科比博士和他妻子不抽烟吗 |
[07:00] | Not that I witnessed. | 就我所见不抽 |
[07:02] | Tobacco employee that doesn’t smoke. | 不抽烟的烟草公司员工 |
[07:04] | Isn’t that kind of like a GM executive who drives a Ford? | 是不是有点儿像开福特汽车的 通用公司行政主管 |
[07:07] | If this was a hit, it seems unnecessarily high profile. | 如果这是种嘲讽 未免太过直白了 |
[07:10] | It kind of draws attention to itself, don’t you think? | 就像在故作姿态 你认为呢 |
[07:12] | That could be the point… to intimidate potential witnesses. | 可能有关系… 为胁迫潜在的证人吧 |
[07:16] | Scobie had a supervisor at Morley… A Dr. Peter Voss. | 斯科比在摩利曾有个监督主管– 彼得·沃斯博士 |
[07:19] | – I wanna talk to him. – You mind if I tag along? | – 我想去跟他谈谈 – 我和你一起去行吗 |
[07:21] | – No. – Sir? | – 行 – 长官 |
[07:51] | We’re here to see Dr. Voss. | 我们要见沃斯博士 |
[07:53] | Do you have an appointment? | 你们有预约吗 |
[07:59] | Do you have an appointment? | 你们有预约吗 |
[08:03] | Maybe you missed this the first time around. | 可能你刚才没看到这个吧 |
[08:06] | Gentlemen, I can help you. | 先生们 我来招待你们 |
[08:10] | Daniel Brimley, head of corporate security. A pleasure. | 丹尼尔·布里姆利 公司保安部负责人 很荣幸 |
[08:14] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[08:16] | You’re here concerning Dr. Scobie’s death, I take it? | 你们来是为斯科比博士的死吧 我想 |
[08:19] | We are. | 是的 |
[08:20] | We were all extremely sorry to hear about it. | 听到消息我们都非常难过 |
[08:22] | Jim has a lot of friends in this building. | 吉姆在这座大楼里有很多朋友 |
[08:25] | Really? No hard feelings that he was about to | 真的吗 没什么特别原因 |
[08:27] | turn federal witness against your company? | 让他决定为联邦政府指证公司吗 |
[08:29] | Nobody was happy about Jim’s decision, | 没有人为吉姆的决定感到高兴 |
[08:31] | but the timing of his death couldn’t have been worse. | 但他死的时机实在是不能再糟了 |
[08:34] | So you have no problem with us speaking to Dr. Voss? | 那么我们可以和沃斯博士谈话吗 |
[08:37] | Absolutely not. Whatever we can do to help. Please. | 当然可以 我们会尽力帮上忙 请 |
[08:45] | Could you, um… | 你们能 嗯…… |
[08:48] | Could you give my sincerest condolences | …能把我最真诚的哀悼 |
[08:51] | to Jim’s wife Joan? | 带给吉姆的妻子乔安吗 |
[08:54] | How is she? | 她怎么样了 |
[08:56] | I’m sure she’ll take comfort | 我相信找到了他丈夫的死因 |
[08:58] | in finding out why her husband died. | 她就会宽慰的 |
[09:00] | Dr. Voss, can you enlighten us as to what | 沃斯博士 关于斯科比博士打算指证的事 |
[09:03] | Dr.Scobie intended to tell the grand jury? | 你能提供我们一些消息吗 |
[09:04] | We know it had to do with company research. | 我们知道这和公司的研究有关 |
[09:07] | I’m sorry. Dr. Voss would be in violation… | 很抱歉 沃斯博士回答这个问题… |
[09:09] | of his employment confidentiality clause | …是违反他的雇用 |
[09:11] | in answering that question. | 机密条款的 |
[09:12] | – Dr. Scobie was your friend? – Yeah, for 14 years. | – 斯科比博士是你的朋友 – 对 14年了 |
[09:16] | And yet you demoted him five weeks ago. | 而你在五个星期前降了他的职 |
[09:19] | You took him off a particular project. | 你把他从一项特别计划中调离 |
[09:20] | Can you tell us why that happened? | 你能告诉我们是怎么回事吗 |
[09:22] | As before, Dr. Voss would be in violation… | 如前所说 沃斯博士回答任何… |
[09:25] | of his confidentiality clause in answering questions | …关于他在摩利公司工作性质的问题 |
[09:29] | regarding the nature of his work here at Morley. | 是违反他的雇用机密条款的 |
[09:31] | I’m sure you understand our cooperation | 我确信你们了解我们的合作 |
[09:33] | cannot extend itself to revealing corporate secrets. | 并不包括要透露公司机密 |
[09:34] | I’m not sensing any cooperation whatsoever. | 我可没感觉到 这里有任何的“合作”可言 |
[09:38] | In fact, I’m one more nonanswer away from getting… | 事实是 再有一次无可奉告我就会… |
[09:41] | a federal warrant and searching this entire building. | …拿一份联邦搜查令来 把整个大楼搜查个遍 |
[09:44] | – Then this meeting is over. Dr. Voss. – Dr. Voss. | – 那么这次会面结束了 沃斯博士 – 沃斯博士… |
[09:48] | Can you tell me what that is? | 你能告诉我这是什么吗 |
[09:56] | It’s a tobacco beetle. Why? | 这是只烟甲虫 怎么了 |
[09:58] | I found it atJim Scobie’s house. | 我们在吉姆·斯科比家里发现的 |
[10:01] | Well, you’ll find a lot of these around here. | 哦 你在这里会发现更多 |
[10:03] | They’re everywhere. | 它们到处都是 |
[10:04] | There’s probably a dozen in the grill of your car right now. | 你车子的散热器上 现在可能已经有一打了 |
[10:07] | May I ask where you’re going with this, Agent? | 我能知道这个问题 有何意义吗 探员 |
[10:10] | I’m sorry. I can’t. | 很抱歉 不能 |
[10:12] | Answering that question would violate FBI confidentiality… | 出于调查的敏感性质 |
[10:14] | due to the sensitive nature of our investigation. | 我们回答这个问题 是违反FBI机密条款的 |
[11:04] | Evenin’. | 晚上好 |
[11:07] | – What are you doing here? – I run out of smokes. | – 你来干什么 – 烟抽完了 |
[11:14] | Me and Dr. Scobie had an arrangement, as you know. | 我和斯科比博士有个协定 你知道的 |
[11:19] | So I figured, uh, Dr. Scobie not bein’ around, | 所以我想 呃… …既然斯科比博士不在 |
[11:22] | that my arrangement with him… slides on over to you. | 我和他的协定… …自然就变成和你的了 |
[11:40] | Here ya go. | 给你 |
[11:42] | That won’t hold me. | 这不够应付我的 |
[11:44] | I’ll bring you more. Just don’t come here anymore. | 我会再带给你的 只是别再来了 |
[11:47] | All right? | 好吗 |
[11:51] | It seems everybody’s actin’ | 像是突然之间所有人 |
[11:53] | funny around me all of a sudden, you know. | 对我的态度都古怪起来了 |
[11:56] | Tellin’ me not to talk, to stay away from their houses. | 叫我不要说话 不要靠近他们的房子 |
[11:59] | – Huh. – Too bad about Dr. Scobie. | – 哈 – 斯科比博士的事真糟 |
[12:04] | – Yeah. – I bet people are wondering how he died. | – 对 – 我打赌人们一定在奇怪他怎么死的 |
[12:08] | I’ve been working my own theory up in the old noggin. | 我正在我的老脑瓜里 建立我自己的理论 |
[12:13] | I’d be happy to share it with you someday. | 我很高兴有天能和你分享结果 |
[12:16] | I think that you should leave now. | 我认为你该走了 |
[12:21] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[12:25] | I don’t wanna wear out my welcome. | 我可不想把对我的友好消磨光 |
[12:31] | We’ll be seein’ a lot of each other, I expect. | 我们还会有很多见面机会的 我期待着 |
[12:47] | – Smoke ’em if you got ’em. – What have you found? | – 说说你的发现吧 – 有线索吗 |
[12:51] | Well, the tissue damage on Dr. Scobie’s mouth extends… | 斯科比博士嘴部的组织损伤… |
[12:54] | all the way down his trachea into his lungs. | …从他的气管一直扩展到肺里 |
[12:57] | His alveoli looked like corned beef. | 他的肺泡看起来就像腌牛肉 |
[12:59] | What about this being the result of | 会不会是某种腐蚀性制剂 |
[13:02] | some sort of corrosive agent? | 造成的 |
[13:02] | No, that’s not the case. | 不 那不会是这样的状况 |
[13:04] | There’s no acids present, no caustics. | 没有发现酸 也没有苛性碱 |
[13:06] | This damage isn’t the result of | 这种损伤不是任何 |
[13:08] | any kind of chemical reaction. | 化学反应的结果 |
[13:10] | His airways have more or less just been reamed out. | 他的气道几乎是被剔除了 |
[13:16] | I can tell you what killed him, strictly speaking. | 我还能告诉你他的死因… …严格来讲 |
[13:19] | What?The inability to transfer oxygen… | – 是什么 – 血氧不足:丧失从肺部输送… |
[13:23] | from the lungs to the bloodstream. | …氧气到血液的能力 |
[13:25] | He choked to death? | 他是窒息死的 |
[13:27] | All right. I mean, this damage, | 好的 可是 这损伤…… |
[13:31] | however it was accomplished, someone did do this to him. | 不管怎样是不容争辩的 有人的确对他这么做了 |
[13:33] | Well, not necessarily. | 未必 房间里 |
[13:34] | There weren’t any signs of struggle in the room. | 没有任何搏斗的迹象 |
[13:35] | Maybe no one was ever there. | 也许根本没人在那儿 |
[13:38] | Where are you going with this? | 你什么意思呢 |
[13:39] | Well, that this isn’t a homicide. | 这不是一起凶杀 |
[13:41] | You examined the body, Scully. | 你检验过了尸体 史卡莉 |
[13:43] | Did you find any of these? | 有没有发现这个 |
[13:47] | – A bug? – It’s a tobacco beetle. | – 虫子 – 这是只烟甲虫 |
[13:49] | I didn’t find anything like that, Mulder. | 我没发现任何这样的东西 穆德 |
[13:52] | Were you expecting me to? | 你希望我发现吗 |
[13:55] | Killer bugs? This is what I’m supposed to tell the director? | 甲虫杀手 我就这么跟局长说吗 |
[13:59] | I don’t know, but judging from Dr. Voss’s reaction to this, | 我不知道 但从沃斯博士的反应判断 |
[14:02] | I think it’s the thing we should investigate. | 我认为我们该从这东西下手调查 |
[14:48] | I’ve been tellin’ you all week. How many times I gotta say it? | 嘿 我整个星期都在提醒你 我还要说多少遍 |
[14:52] | No smoking! You hear me? | 不准吸烟 你听见了吗 |
[14:54] | America, man! | 美国啊 老兄 |
[14:56] | E Pluribus, uh… | 合众精神啊… |
[14:59] | I’ll get you kicked out,you son of a bitch! | 我要把你踢出去 你个狗娘养的 |
[15:01] | You think I’m kiddin’? | 你以为我在开玩笑 |
[15:03] | I’ll do it! | 我说到做到 |
[15:09] | The law’s on my side! | 法律是站在我这边的 |
[16:15] | Guests check in, but they don’t check out. | 客人们住进来 却再没能出去 |
[16:19] | Well, judging from the condition of the body, | 从尸体的情况判断 |
[16:22] | I’d say that he died in the same manner as Dr. Scobie. | 他和斯科比博士死于同样的方式 |
[16:25] | Except this man’s no corporate whistle blower. | 除了这个人没什么可揭发的 |
[16:30] | Thomas Gastall. Out-of-date Massachusetts license, | 托马斯·盖思脱 过期的马萨诸塞州执照… |
[16:33] | food coupons… | 食品联票… |
[16:35] | and a certificate of completion for | 一张法庭责令的 |
[16:37] | a court-ordered anger management class. | 情绪控制班的结业证 |
[16:39] | What could Morley Tobacco have against | 摩利烟草公司和一个 |
[16:41] | a transient from Massachusetts? | 马萨诸塞来的流浪汉有什么瓜葛 |
[16:44] | – Probably nothing. – What are you suggesting, Mulder? | – 可能什么都没有 – 你有什么建议 穆德 |
[16:46] | ThatJim Scobie wasn’t murdered. Neither was this man. | 吉姆· 斯科比不是被谋杀的 这个人也不是 |
[16:51] | Well, then what killed them? | 那么 是什么害死了他们 |
[17:00] | These. | 这些 |
[17:02] | We didn’t find any insects in Dr. Scobie’s bathroom. | 我们在斯科比博士家的洗手间里 没发现任何昆虫 |
[17:04] | But there was an open window through | 但那里有开着的窗户 |
[17:06] | which they could have escaped. | 它们可以从那儿出去 |
[17:07] | It’s a long shot, Mulder, | 这是个冒险的假设 穆德 |
[17:09] | but it could be some form of contagious agent, | 但也可能是某种形式的传染病 |
[17:11] | like an insect-borne bacterium, | 例如由昆虫携带的细菌 |
[17:15] | which would mean there might be | 这就意味着在这栋楼里 |
[17:16] | other victims in this building. | 可能还有其他受害者 |
[17:24] | Fbi. | 联邦调查局 |
[17:30] | Sorry to wake you. | 抱歉吵醒你 |
[17:33] | No, you didn’t wake me. | 没 你没吵醒我 |
[17:41] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[17:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:49] | We’re investigating the death of the | 我们在调查一个人的死亡 |
[17:53] | man who lived right next to you… | 他就住在你隔壁 |
[17:54] | A Thomas Gastall.Do you know him? | 托马斯·盖思脱 你认识他吗 |
[17:56] | I knew his voice. | 我认识他的声音 |
[17:59] | He yelled a lot. | 他总是叫嚷 |
[18:01] | He yelled? | 叫嚷 |
[18:03] | Yeah, he said I smoked too much. | 对 他说我抽太多烟了 |
[18:09] | What are you gonna do, man? It’s a free country. | 那又怎样了 伙计 这是个自由国度 |
[18:13] | E Pluribus, uh… | 合众精神啊…… |
[18:17] | – Do you mind? – No. | – 介意吗 – 不 |
[18:19] | You don’t seem surprised that he’s dead. | 你看来对他的死并不吃惊 |
[18:22] | I guess his number come up. | 猜是他的命数已尽 |
[18:27] | I’m just glad it wasn’t me. | 我只是庆幸不是我 |
[18:31] | – Well, what is your name, sir? – Darryl Weaver. | – 你叫什么名字 先生 – 达里尔·韦弗 |
[18:35] | Mr. Weaver, did you see or | 韦弗先生 昨晚你有没有 |
[18:37] | hear anything unusual last night? | 看到或听到什么不寻常的事情 |
[18:39] | Little Korean fella down the hall | 走廊里有个韩国小伙子 |
[18:41] | dresses like Wonder Woman. | 穿得像个神奇女侠 |
[18:44] | – But that’s every night. – Other than that? | – 不过每晚都这样 – 除此之外呢 |
[18:52] | There wouldn’t happen to be, uh, | 我说 是不是…… |
[18:54] | any reward money involved, | 该有些奖赏什么的呢 |
[18:56] | would there? | 有吗? |
[18:58] | I mean, I could use an extra buck or two. | 我意思是… 给个一两块让我花花吧 |
[19:01] | The FBI would appreciate your voluntary cooperation, sir. | FBI非常感激您自愿的协助 先生 |
[19:04] | That’s the way it works. | 这才是我们办事的方法 |
[19:07] | Ain’t that always the way. | 一直都这么办事吗 |
[19:15] | No, my mind is, uh, just drawin’ a complete blank. | 没有 我的脑子突然一片空白了 |
[19:22] | That’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[19:25] | Thank you, Mr. Weaver. | 谢谢你 韦弗先生 |
[19:36] | Anything? | 怎么样 |
[19:38] | Two deaths in less than 24 hours | 24小时内死了两个人 |
[19:40] | and we’ve yet to come up with an answer. | 我们却一点进展都没有 |
[19:42] | And the only thing I have to go on medically | 而在医学上能帮我的 |
[19:43] | at this point is Mulder’s bug. | 就只有穆德的虫子 |
[19:46] | You know, I know an entomologist | 对了 我认识一名昆虫学家 |
[19:47] | at UNC Willmington… Dr. Libby Nance. | 在北卡大学威明顿学院 叫莉比·南丝 |
[19:49] | Good. Talk to her. | 很好 和她谈谈 |
[19:52] | Where you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[19:54] | To see about something else that’s been bugging me. | 去调查一些困扰着我的其它问题 |
[20:14] | – Mrs. Voss? – Yes? | – 沃斯太太 – 有何贵干 |
[20:16] | Fox Mulder. Is your husband home? | 福克斯·穆德 你的丈夫在家吗 |
[20:18] | – It’s okay, honey. It’ll just be a minute. – Sure thing. | – 没事 亲爱的 就一小会儿 – 好的 |
[20:30] | I really shouldn’t be talking to you without our lawyers. | 没有我的律师们在场 我是不该和你交谈的 |
[20:32] | I understand your reluctance to talk, sir. | 我理解这对你很勉强 先生 |
[20:35] | You have a nice family, a lot to lose. | 你有个美好的家庭 代价太高 |
[20:38] | What do you want, Agent Mulder? | 你想要什么 穆德探员 |
[20:40] | There’s been another victim… Thomas Gastall. | 又有了一名受害者 叫托马斯·盖思脱 |
[20:43] | Died exactly the same way Scobie did. | 和斯科比博士的死法一摸一样 |
[20:48] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[20:51] | But what’s that got to do with me? | 但这跟我有什么关系 |
[20:53] | Well, we found these all over him. | 我们发现他满身都是这个 |
[20:58] | I believe that that’s what killed both men. | 我相信就是这东西杀了他们两人 |
[21:02] | Tobacco beetle. It’s an herbivore. | 烟甲虫 它是草食类的 |
[21:05] | It eats tobacco.Hence its name. | 它只吃烟草 因此而得名 |
[21:08] | I understand that,but… maybe these don’t. | 我懂 但是…… 也许这些不是 |
[21:11] | – I’m not really required to talk to you, am I? – No. | – 我不是必须要与你谈话 对吗 – 对 |
[21:14] | But why are you hiding behind your lawyers, Doctor? | 但你为什么要躲在律师的后面 博士 |
[21:18] | How many people have to die | 还要死多少人 |
[21:19] | before you do the right thing? | 你才肯走到正路上来 |
[21:39] | I’ll get it! | 我来接 |
[21:44] | – Hello? – What did he want? | – 喂 – 他想干什么 |
[21:51] | – Are you spying on me? – I’m not spying on you, Peter. | – 你在监视我吗 – 我不是在监视你 彼得 |
[21:54] | I’m looking out for you. What did he want? | 我是在照料你 他想干什么 |
[21:59] | There’s been another death… downtown. | 又死了一个 在市区 |
[22:02] | – How did it happen? – I don’t know. I don’t know. | – 怎么发生的 – 我不知道 不知道 |
[22:05] | This has gone on long enough. | 不能再这样下去了 |
[22:07] | We should come forward. I should. | 我们该采取主动……我应该 |
[22:09] | Do you hear what you’re saying, Peter? | 听听你自己在说些什么 彼得 |
[22:11] | Now, I want you to just take a moment. | 现在我要你冷静下来 花点儿时间… |
[22:15] | I want you to think about what really matters to you. | …好好想想 什么是对你真正重要的 |
[22:19] | Now tell me where I can find Darryl Weaver. | 现在告诉我怎么找到达里尔·韦弗 |
[22:22] | – Why? – This was my mistake. I’ll clean it up. | – 为什么 – 这是我犯下的错 我要把它处理好 |
[22:28] | I don’t know where he is. | 我不知道他在哪儿 |
[22:35] | This doesn’t make sense. | 这不可能 |
[22:38] | What doesn’t make sense? | 什么不可能 |
[22:40] | Well, it’s a Lasioderma serricorne… A tobacco beetle. | 这的确是lasioderma serricorne(学名) 一种烟甲虫 |
[22:45] | Only I’ve never seen one exactly like this. | 只是我从没见过 像这只一样的 |
[22:49] | Hmm. What are the differences? | 有何区别呢 |
[22:52] | Physical differences. | 身体构造上的差别… |
[22:55] | Minor, but definitely notable. | 微小 但十分突出 |
[22:57] | Deviations in the mandibles, the antennae, | 它的上颚、触须和身体分节 |
[23:00] | the body segmentation. | 都是畸形的 |
[23:02] | What if such deviations arose from genetic engineering? | 如果说这些畸形 是由基因工程引发的呢 |
[23:06] | – Engineering the bugs themselves? – No. | – 对虫子本身的基因改造 – 不是 |
[23:09] | I was actually thinking about another possibility… | 我考虑的是另一种可能– |
[23:12] | transgenomics. | 传递变异 |
[23:13] | – Which is? – It’s a form of DNA manipulation… | – 什么意思 – 是改变DNA的一种途径… |
[23:17] | alterations made on the genetic level. | 在基因层次上引发变异 |
[23:20] | It is pretty widely known that tobacco companies | 众所周知 烟草公司投入了 |
[23:23] | have been pouring money… | 大量资金… |
[23:24] | into that kind of research. | …进行着一项研究 |
[23:26] | Changing the tobacco plant itself | 希望通过改变烟草植物本身 |
[23:28] | in order to make it heartier, | 来使其更有活力 |
[23:29] | give it less nicotine, more nicotine, | 让它能少含有、 或多含有尼古丁 |
[23:32] | make it naturally menthol flavored. | 或让它有天然的薄荷香味 |
[23:35] | – You name it. – A form of what… super tobacco? | – 随你心意 – 算什么呢 “超级烟草” |
[23:38] | Which possibly could have created super bugs. | 而很可能随之而生的 就是超级虫子 |
[23:42] | I guess the real question is, | 我想现在最大的问题应该是 |
[23:44] | could they have become dangerous to humans? | 它们会不会对人类构成危害 |
[23:50] | Mr. Weaver! | 韦弗先生 |
[23:54] | Mr. Weaver! | 韦弗先生 |
[23:56] | Sorry, Doc. No vacancy. | 抱歉 博士 客满了 |
[24:00] | What happened there? | 那里发生什么事 |
[24:04] | Well, you tell me. | 你该清楚啊 |
[24:06] | You’re the one with the PhD. | 博士学位是你拿的 |
[24:08] | I’m just a big old guinea pig. | 我只是只做实验用的大白鼠而已 |
[24:26] | Uh, listen. | 现在你听好… |
[24:29] | Um, you have to leave town. | 你必须出城去 |
[24:33] | And give up all this? | 要我放弃所有这些 |
[24:36] | Me not doin’ my part for science? | 不用为科学 尽我的一份力量了 |
[24:40] | Here. | 给 |
[24:42] | Take it. It’s everything I have in the bank. | 拿去 这是我所有的存款了 |
[24:45] | Four thousand. | 4千块 |
[24:51] | It’s not much, but, uh, it’s a start. | 不是很多 不过 算是个开头吧 |
[24:57] | W-W-Wait a minute. I’m not kidding. | 等、等一下 我不是开玩笑 |
[24:59] | You gotta get out of here. | 你一定要离开这里 |
[25:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:05] | I got a good thing goin’ here. | 我在这儿混得挺好 |
[25:12] | I got cash money. | 能拿到钞票 |
[25:18] | I got all the coffin nails I can suck down. | 又能抽到 我想要的烟卷儿 |
[25:25] | Although, lately, | 尽管说 近来…… |
[25:28] | I’ve been thinkin’ this particular brand, | 我觉得这个牌子的烟… |
[25:31] | it doesn’t, uh, do anyone else any favors, | …对其他人没什么好处 |
[25:34] | health-wise. | 从健康角度来看 |
[25:36] | You thinkin’ that too, huh? | 你也是这么觉得吧 嗯 |
[25:46] | Would it bother you if I lit one up? | 如果我点上一支 会让你有麻烦吗 |
[25:53] | Toodles. | 再会 |
[25:58] | No, you… you don’t understand. | 不 你、你没搞清楚 |
[26:00] | Morley is a multibillion dollar global corporation. | 摩利是家有着几十亿资产的 全球性企业 |
[26:04] | You think they’re gonna let you endanger that,huh? | 你想他们会任凭你危及到它吗 |
[26:06] | They’ll kill you first. | 他们会先杀了你 |
[26:07] | Well, it sounds like a Darryl Weaver problem to me. | 听起来像是我自己的事 |
[26:11] | Yeah, uh… | 是吗…… |
[26:45] | What am I looking at? | 我看到的是什么 |
[26:47] | Thomas Gastall’s left lung and bronchus. | 托马斯·盖思脱的 左肺和支气管 |
[26:51] | Well, I guess that explains where the beetles came from. | 这就解释了那些甲虫 是从哪儿来的 |
[27:00] | Hey, Mulder. Where have you been? | 嘿 穆德 你去哪儿了 |
[27:02] | Talking to lawyers over at Justice | 在法庭和律师讲理 |
[27:03] | tryin’ to get a look at Morley’s files. | 希望能看一下摩利公司的资料 |
[27:05] | Well, take a look at this. | 来看一下这个吧 |
[27:11] | They’re the larval stage of the tobacco beetle, Mulder. | 它们是烟甲虫的幼虫阶段 穆德 |
[27:15] | And somehow they have ended up nesting | 并且已经把托马斯·盖思脱的肺 |
[27:18] | in Thomas Gastall’s lungs. | 当成了巢穴 |
[27:19] | But what doesn’t make any sense is why Scobie’s lungs | 奇怪为什么在斯科比的肺里 |
[27:22] | didn’t show this same condition. | 没有发现同样的情况 |
[27:25] | The larvae must pupate inside the lungs, | 这些幼虫一定是 在肺中完成化蛹 |
[27:28] | and then once they mature into beetles, | 当它们长为成虫后 |
[27:30] | exit the body en masse. | 便会全体遗弃寄主 |
[27:33] | That explains the condition of the face and throat. | 这就解释了受害者 脸部和喉咙的状况 |
[27:36] | Only how did they get into the lungs to begin with? | 只是它们最开始是 如何进入肺部的呢 |
[27:47] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[28:43] | How is he? | 他怎么样 |
[28:45] | They’re using a deep suction technique | 他们在使用一种深吸技术 |
[28:47] | that’s been designed for asthma and cystic fibrosis. | 是为治疗哮喘和囊性纤维变性设计的 |
[28:50] | And so far, we’re having some luck at clearing his lungs. | 目前来看 对他的肺的清理 也是比较顺利的 |
[28:53] | – But? – For every one | – 但是 – 在他的肺部组织里… |
[28:57] | of those things that are in his lung tissue, | …可能每只虫子都 |
[28:59] | there may be a dozen eggs that have yet to be hatched. | 留下了一打尚未孵化的卵 |
[29:01] | – Eggs? – His pulmonary tissue is riddled with them. | – 卵 – 他的肺组织塞满了虫卵 |
[29:04] | And they’re going to hatch. It’s just, uh, | 而它们是会孵化的 只不过…… |
[29:07] | we’re buying time. | 我们只是在争取时间 |
[29:09] | How did this happen? These eggs, | 怎么会这样呢 那些卵 |
[29:11] | how’d they get into his lungs? | 是怎样进入他的肺的 |
[29:12] | I’m thinking he inhaled them. | 我想可能是他吸入的 |
[29:14] | Well, the tobacco beetle lives out its life cycle on | 烟甲虫整个生命周期都 |
[29:17] | or around the tobacco plant. | 围绕着烟草植物度过 |
[29:19] | That’s where it lays its eggs. | 那里是它们产卵的地方 |
[29:21] | If those genetically-altered beetles that we found did that, | 如果我们发现的这些变种甲虫 曾经在烟草上产卵 |
[29:25] | then maybe the eggs survived | 那些卵可能在加工过程中幸存下来 |
[29:27] | the processing into cigarettes. | 最后进入到香烟中 |
[29:28] | And have been carried into Mulder’s lungs as smoke? | 然后又随吹出的烟进入到穆德的肺 |
[29:30] | Right. | 对 |
[29:31] | Like spores or pollen. | 就像孢子或是花粉 |
[29:32] | Somehow small enough to be airborne. | 微小到可以在空气中传播 |
[29:34] | But Mulder isn’t a smoker. And neither was Scobie. | 但穆德不抽烟 斯科比也不抽 |
[29:38] | Maybe they were around someone who was. | 也许他们都接触过的 某个人是抽烟的 |
[29:50] | Don’t bother calling security. | 不用麻烦叫警卫了 |
[29:56] | Federal search warrant as promised. | 联邦搜查令 我承诺过的 |
[30:00] | Do it. | 开始吧 |
[30:04] | You’re gonna talk to me, Doctor. | 我要和你谈谈 博士 |
[30:07] | One of my agents is dying of the same thing | 害死斯科比博士的那东西 |
[30:08] | that killed Dr. Scobie. | 现在让我的一名探员的性命危在旦夕 |
[30:10] | I believe you have information that can save him. | 我相信你所知道的 可以救他的命 |
[30:12] | We stand by our contention | 我们仍然坚持如下观点: |
[30:14] | that any information is proprietary… | 所有关于这类问题的信息属于私有… |
[30:16] | and is therefore the sole property of Morley Tobacco. | …并因此由摩利烟草公司 拥有唯一所有权 |
[30:20] | Listen to me, you son of a bitch. | 你给我听好 你个狗娘养的 |
[30:22] | This isn’t about Morley or your precious research. | 这与摩利公司或 你们那宝贝研究无关 |
[30:25] | This is about saving lives. | 这关系到救人命的大事 |
[30:28] | – That’s exactly what we were trying to do. – Dr. Voss. | – 那正是我们努力在做的 – 沃斯博士… |
[30:31] | I’m advising you not to speak. | 我建议你不要说话 |
[30:34] | This has gone on long enough. | 事情不能再隐瞒下去了 |
[30:47] | We thought we were doing a good thing. | 我们本以为做的是一件好事 |
[30:50] | We knew people were never gonna stop smoking, | 我们知道人们是决不会停止吸烟的 |
[30:53] | no matter how unhealthy it was. | 不管对健康是多么有害 |
[30:54] | So why not genetically engineer a safer cigarette? | 所以为什么不用基因工程 造出更安全的香烟呢 |
[30:59] | Except you engineered the bugs as well. | 只要不是同时也改造了虫子 |
[31:02] | We recruited test smokers. | 我们征募吸烟者做产品试验 |
[31:04] | We conducted focus groups. There were no problems. | 对试验组进行了密切监控 当时没有发现问题 |
[31:08] | And, uh, after a few months in, | 但……嗯 几个月后 |
[31:10] | things… things got bad. | 情况……情况变得糟糕 |
[31:18] | We had four test subjects and, uh, | 我们的四个试验对象…… |
[31:25] | three of them died. | 有三个死了 |
[31:30] | Is that what Dr. Scobie was gonna testify about? | 那就是斯科比博士 本打算指证的事吗 |
[31:33] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:35] | And the company wanted us to keep it quiet. | 但公司要求我们保持沉默 |
[31:39] | I thought let’s correct the mistakes | 我的想法是应该 |
[31:41] | and face the consequences. | 吸取教训并承担后果 |
[31:45] | Jim didn’t. | 吉姆不这么想 |
[31:47] | He was monitoring the focus group, and that’s… | 他是负责监控试验组的 所以… |
[31:52] | that’s how he got infected. | …他被感染到了 |
[31:58] | You said only three died. | 你说只有三个死了 |
[32:02] | Who was the fourth? | 第四个是谁 |
[32:21] | – Clear! – Okay, go ahead. | – 安全 – 好 进去 |
[32:30] | Told me he meant to get Weaver. | 他说过他想找韦弗 |
[32:32] | Looks like Weaver got to him first. | 看来是韦弗先找到了他 |
[32:39] | Mr. Brimley, can you hear me? | 布里姆利先生 你能听到我吗 |
[33:41] | You got Mickey’s Big Mouth? | 这有大嘴米奇吗 |
[33:44] | There’s no smoking in here. | 这里不准吸烟 |
[33:58] | Mickey’s Big Mouth? | 大嘴米奇 |
[34:10] | Anything else? A carton of cigarettes? | 还要别的吗 来条香烟 |
[34:13] | You don’t have my brand. | 这儿没有我要的牌子 |
[34:48] | Must be bad. | 一定很糟糕 |
[34:53] | How do you feel? | 感觉怎么样 |
[34:56] | Like a Dustbuster attacked me. | 像被强力吸尘器袭击过 |
[35:02] | We’re looking for someone who may be able to help you. | 我们正在寻找一个 也许能救你的人 |
[35:04] | A Morley test subject by the name of Darryl Weaver. | 一名摩利公司的试验对象 名叫达里尔·韦弗 |
[35:09] | Mr. E Pluribus. Yeah. | – 合众精神先生 – 对 |
[35:16] | Well, Mr. Weaver seems to have | 韦弗先生似乎具有 |
[35:18] | some kind of tolerance or immunity, | 某种抗体或是免疫力 |
[35:20] | and we’re hoping that once we find him, | 我们希望能够通过他 |
[35:23] | we’ll be able to figure out how to treat you. | 找出治疗你的方法 |
[35:29] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[35:38] | Doctor! | 医生 |
[35:45] | His sat’s down to 72. | 他的氧饱和指数降到了72 |
[35:47] | Get some O2 on him and call the code. | 给他输氧 宣布紧急抢救 |
[35:50] | – Susan, code blue! – Right, Doctor. | – 苏珊 紧急复苏 – 好的 医生 |
[35:55] | Over to my side! | 过来我这边 |
[36:28] | Dr. Scully? | 史卡莉医生 |
[36:31] | We’ve got him stabilized on ECMO for the moment, | 我们用体外膜肺技术 暂时稳定住了他 |
[36:35] | but we’re not gonna be able to maintain him on it for long. | 但并不能维持多久 |
[36:37] | Of course you see why. | 当然 你知道原因 |
[36:40] | There’s more than there were six hours ago. | 比六个小时前更多了 |
[36:42] | They’re beginning to block the flow of blood. | 它们已经开始阻塞血液流动 |
[36:45] | Our best bet is to go back in there. | 最好的办法是再进去清除一次 |
[36:47] | I think this time we have to crack the chest. | 我想 这次我们 必须为他开胸 |
[36:50] | No. | 不 |
[36:54] | No, uh, he’s too weak for thoracic surgery. | 不要 他太虚弱了 承受不了胸腔手术 |
[36:57] | He’d die on the table. | 他会死在手术台上 |
[36:59] | I don’t know what our other options are. | 我想不出还能有别的选择 |
[37:04] | I’d say for the time being, we just wait. | 我认为 我们暂时只有等了 |
[37:07] | That’ll definitely kill him… | 那他肯定会死的… |
[37:10] | sooner or later. | 迟早的事 |
[37:23] | Mrs. Voss, | 沃斯太太 |
[37:24] | I’m Assistant Director Walter Skinner with the FBI. | 我是FBI的 沃特·史基纳副座 |
[37:26] | – May we come in? – What is this? What’s going on? | – 我们能进去吗 – 干什么 发生什么事了 |
[37:30] | I have to ask for your cooperation. | 我不得不要求你的合作 |
[37:31] | These men are here to protect you and your family. | 这些人是来保护你和你的家人的 |
[37:33] | Oh, my God. Why? | 哦天哪 为什么 |
[37:35] | Your husband hasn’t spoken to you about this? | 你丈夫没跟你说过吗 |
[37:37] | – He’s not here. – He told me he was headed home. | – 他不在家 – 他说他会直接回家的 |
[37:41] | Try Dr. Voss at work. | 打电话给沃斯博士单位 |
[37:42] | I’ve just been trying. There’s no answer. | 我刚才打过了 没有人接 |
[38:13] | Behind you. | 你后面 |
[38:23] | I was just leavin’. I got what I came for. | 我刚要走 我拿到我要的了 |
[38:26] | He took the test cigarettes. I couldn’t stop him. | 他拿走了试验香烟 我阻止不了他 |
[38:30] | Stop right there! | 站住别动 |
[38:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:38] | You gonna shoot me? | 你会向我开枪吗 |
[38:40] | I’m not gonna let you go and infect more people. | 我不会放走你 去感染更多人的 |
[38:44] | You’re gonna let me do whatever I wanna do. | 你会放走我 让我随心所欲的 |
[38:50] | Dr. Voss here tells me you need me. | 沃斯博士告诉我你需要我 |
[38:55] | You need me to save your boy. | 你需要我去救你的人 |
[38:58] | Don’t do it. | 别那样做 |
[39:04] | They say these things kill people, you know. | 人们说这东西害死人 你知道吗 |
[39:09] | Any brand, sooner or later. | 任何牌子都会 迟早的事 |
[39:14] | But you know, it doesn’t have to be that way. | 但你知道 世事无绝对 |
[39:18] | I think Dr. Voss is really… | 我想沃斯博士… |
[39:20] | on to something with his research, I do. | …在他的研究中 确实有了些突破 我知道 |
[39:23] | It’s over, Weaver. I’m through. | 结束了 韦弗 我放弃了 |
[39:26] | Oh. | 哦 |
[39:28] | Come on, now. I mean, you gotta figure… | 少来这套 我说 你一定要继续… |
[39:36] | the first, uh, car… | 最开始… |
[39:37] | killed a bunch of people… | 汽车在最终被完善前… |
[39:41] | before they perfected it, | 也害死了不老少人 |
[39:43] | ’cause it’s all just part of the scientific process, you know. | 因为这些都是 科学进步所必需的代价嘛 |
[39:49] | Mr. Weaver, I will shoot you. | 韦弗先生 我会开枪的 |
[39:57] | No, you won’t. | 不 你不会 |
[40:12] | I’m a regular damn scientific marvel. | 我不过是个该死的 科学特例罢了 |
[40:19] | They’re gonna study me. | 他们会研究我 |
[40:22] | They’re gonna write scientific papers about me. | 会写关于我的科学论文…… |
[40:28] | I could be the cure for cancer. | 我会成为癌症的救星 |
[40:33] | Me, Darryl Weaver. | 我 达里尔·韦弗 |
[40:46] | You ain’t gonna shoot me. | 你是不会开枪的 |
[40:57] | Toodles. | 再会 |
[41:21] | – How’s Mulder? – Not good. | – 穆德怎么样 – 不妙 |
[41:27] | Let’s get the blood work on this man. | 我们来给他 做血液化验吧 |
[41:48] | Wait a minute. | 等等…… |
[41:51] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[41:53] | Give me 30 milligrams of methyl-pyrrolidinyl-pyridine. | 给我30毫克的 甲基-吡啶基-吡咯烷 |
[41:57] | – Nicotine? – Yeah. | – 尼古丁 – 对 |
[42:01] | I think this could save Mulder’s life. | 我想这能救穆德的命 |
[42:17] | Hey. Good to be back? | 嘿 回来不错吧 |
[42:21] | – Beats the alternative. – Yeah. | – 总比闲着强 – 对 |
[42:23] | Well, you’ll be interested to know | 你会很高兴听到这个消息的 |
[42:26] | that Morley Tobacco has subpoenaed | 摩利公司申请索取了 |
[42:27] | all of our files on the case. | 关于这件案子的所有档案 |
[42:29] | They seem extremely interestedin your recovery. | 他们好像对你的康复特别感兴趣 |
[42:32] | What about Darryl Weaver? | 达里尔·韦弗怎么样了 |
[42:34] | He’s, uh, well enough to have been | 他啊 伤好后搬到 |
[42:36] | moved to the hospital ward at Riley Correctional. | 罗利监护所的特护病房去了 |
[42:38] | It was the nicotine itself that was keeping him alive? | 是尼古丁本身 让他免于一死的 |
[42:42] | His fingertips were stained yellow with it. | 他的指尖已经被熏黄了 |
[42:44] | He was a four-pack a day smoker, | 他一天抽四包烟 |
[42:46] | far heavier than any of the focus group members who died. | 比试验组里另外三人抽得都多 |
[42:49] | You know, nicotine is extremely poisonous. | 你知道尼古丁是含剧毒的 |
[42:52] | It’s actually one of the oldest known insecticides. | 它算得上是已知 最古老的杀虫剂了 |
[42:55] | It’s good for killing tobacco beetles. | 特别适用于烟甲虫 |
[42:57] | Well, once we loaded your system up with enough of it, | 在我们向你体内 注入适量尼古丁后 |
[43:00] | it acted as a sort of chemotherapy. | 它起到了类似化学疗法的作用 |
[43:03] | Except it almost stopped your breathing at the same time. | 只不过同时也 几乎令你停止了呼吸 |
[43:06] | That’s not all it did. | 还不止这些 |
[43:15] | I bought these on the way to work. | 我在上班路上买的 |
[43:19] | You’re not gonna start smoking. | 你不是要开始吸烟吧 |
[43:21] | Why not? They say the addiction is stronger than heroin. | 为什么不 人们说烟瘾要比毒瘾更难戒 |
[43:25] | Mulder. | 穆德…… |
[43:35] | Good. Skinner’s waiting for us in his office. | 很好 史基纳在他办公室等着我们 |
[43:38] | I’ll be right up. | 我这就上去 |