时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:27] | Land sakes, George, what are you trying to do? | 老天啊 乔治 你在做什么 |
[01:36] | I was trying to be quiet. | 我尽量保持安静 |
[01:38] | Quiet? | 安静 |
[01:40] | I smelled you on the stairs. | 你上楼时我就知道是你了 |
[01:43] | 39 years, I’m still surprised that… | 39年了 我还是很惊讶·· |
[01:45] | …embalming fluid of yours doesn’t wake the dead. | 你的防腐剂怎么不唤醒死人 |
[01:48] | Didn’t wake old Zeke McPherson tonight, | 今晚就别吵醒老扎克·麦克弗森了 |
[01:50] | God rest his soul. | 让他安息吧 |
[01:53] | You go outside and take those clothes of yours off… | 你出去把你那些衣服脱了·· |
[01:56] | …so I can rest mine. | 而我也可以休息了 |
[01:59] | George! | 乔治 |
[02:01] | I’m going, Tahoma, I’m going. | 我就去 德欧 |
[02:18] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[02:20] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么东西 |
[02:44] | George? | 乔治 |
[04:17] | So, this is where the bad kids are banished to. | 这就是那些坏孩子赶我走的地方 |
[04:20] | Put me down here I’d probably cook up a lot of crazy ideas, too. | 把我丢在这里 我也可能会编造很多疯狂的想法 |
[04:29] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[04:31] | Morning. | 早安 |
[04:35] | I’ll catch you guys later. | 我晚点再找你们这些家伙 |
[04:40] | Some friends… they’re just curious. | 一些朋友··他们只是觉得好奇 |
[04:44] | I’m not here to be a curiosity, Agent Doggett. | 我在这不是因为好奇 多各特探员 |
[04:46] | I’m here to work. | 我是来工作的 |
[04:48] | I am, too, Agent Scully. | 我也是 史卡利探员 |
[04:50] | I’ve been here all weekend and early this morning… | 我整个周末包括今天早上 都在··· |
[04:53] | …went over every X-File in the cabinet there. | 都在这个小阁楼浏览所有的X档案 |
[04:56] | Just left to get some coffee. | 刚才只是去喝个咖啡 |
[04:59] | Well… | 嗯·· |
[05:01] | Do you have any questions? | 有什么问题吗 |
[05:03] | Just a few. | 有一些 |
[05:05] | Maybe first you could tell me where your area is here and… | 也许请你先告诉我 你的位置 |
[05:09] | …where mine’s going to be. | 以及··我的位置在哪 |
[05:12] | This is my partner’s office, Agent Doggett. | 这是我搭档的办公室 多各特探员 |
[05:15] | You and I will just be using it for a while. | 你和我会暂时使用一阵子 |
[05:22] | – So, where do we get started? – Homicides: Two… in Idaho. | -从哪里开始呢 -在爱达荷州的杀人案件 |
[05:27] | White male, 62, undertaker by profession, … | 62岁 白种男人··职业殡仪员·· |
[05:31] | …he was killed on his front porch about ten feet away from his wife. | 他在前门玄关被杀·· 离他的妻子只有50英尺 |
[05:36] | Holy god. | 天哪 |
[05:38] | Cause of death was blood loss from numerous deep wounds… | 死因是大量失血·· |
[05:42] | …from bites. | 是咬伤的 |
[05:44] | Any thoughts, any questions? | 有任何想法或问题吗 |
[05:52] | – “Bites”? – On his head torso and hands. | -“咬伤” -在他的头上和手上 |
[05:56] | Two of his fingers are missing… eaten off. | 有两根手指没了··被吃掉了 |
[05:59] | By what, an animal? | 被什么吃了 动物吗 |
[06:01] | These were murders. | 这些是凶手·· |
[06:03] | The, uh, bites on his wife appear to be human. | 他妻子上的咬痕显示是人为的 |
[06:08] | I’ve seen some violent crimes, … | 我见过更惨的案件·· |
[06:10] | I mean, some seriously screwed up stuff, but, uh… | 我是说 非常严重的事件 但·· |
[06:13] | …this is extreme. | 这太极端了 |
[06:17] | Is there demonstration of motive? | 有任何动机吗 |
[06:19] | Not according to local P.D. | 当地警局没说 |
[06:22] | Is there any pattern, uh… ritual or anything? | 有任何特征·· 宗教上的或其它的 |
[06:27] | I have to admit, Agent Scully, I’m at a loss. | 我得承认 史卡利探员 我也弄不清楚 |
[06:32] | Well, that’s a good place to start. | 好 那就从那里开始吧 |
[06:52] | – You the folks from the FBI? – Yeah. | -你们是调查局的人 -是的 |
[06:54] | Yale Abbott, Cassia County Sheriff’s. | 耶尔·亚伯特 凯西雅县警长 |
[06:57] | Hi. Agent Scully. This is Agent Doggett. | 史卡利探员 这是多各特探员 |
[07:00] | We like to think we can handle our own problems around here… | 我们想我们可以处理 这里的这些问题··· |
[07:02] | …but a couple hotshots up in the county seat seem to think this is beyond us. | 但县里有些名人认为 这超出我们的能力 |
[07:05] | Not that we don’t appreciate your coming out all this way to give us a hand. | 并不是我们不欢迎你们帮忙 |
[07:09] | Well, I hope we can. | 希望我们能帮忙 |
[07:11] | I have to admit I’m a little baffled by what I’ve seen. | 我得承认我看到的东西 让我有点迷惑 |
[07:14] | Oh, really? | 真的 |
[07:15] | Understand, Detective, that we’ve seen… | 明白 探长 我们已经看过·· |
[07:17] | …cases like yours regularly on our unit. | 你们送到我们单位的案件档案 |
[07:19] | Agent Doggett has only just been assigned to the X-Files. | 多各特探员才刚刚被指派到X档案来 |
[07:22] | I can assure you that there’s nothing baffling about human bite marks. | 我可以确信 关于人为咬痕的事 没什么难得倒的 |
[07:26] | Well, that’s just what I was getting around to, ma’am. | 我之前正是这么想 女士 |
[07:29] | We’re not so sure now that these bites are human. | 我们现在无法确定那些咬痕是人为的 |
[07:35] | The bodies were discovered by neighbors, … | 尸体是邻居发现的·· |
[07:38] | …so there was contamination of the general crime scene. | 所以犯罪现场被破坏了 |
[07:41] | My boys did a real damn good job of… | 我的手下干得很好·· |
[07:44] | …separating the various shoe prints and pulling these. | 找到了不同的脚印 并采集出来 |
[07:47] | Come on over. | 过来这里 |
[07:50] | Right there, see that? | 这里 看到了吗 |
[07:53] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[07:54] | – It’s not human, I know that. – It’s not quite animal, either. | -我知道那不是人 -也不完全像动物 |
[07:58] | There’s only four toes. | 只有4个脚趾 |
[08:00] | That’s not an unheard of birth defect. | 的确曾经听过一种生理缺陷 |
[08:02] | Uh, no more rare than polydactylism. | 不会比多指症还少见 |
[08:06] | What did she just say? | 她刚才说什么 |
[08:08] | I assume she means it could be human. | 我想她意思是说可能是人类 |
[08:13] | Is that a fair assumption? | 是合理的假设吗 |
[08:17] | I say that assumption is the problem here. | 我认为这个假设有个疑点 |
[08:21] | A strange print is found… | 找到了一个奇怪的脚印·· |
[08:22] | …and immediately the most important piece of evidence… | 然后很快地 |
[08:25] | is just thrown out to try and force an explanation. | 最重要的证物则被丢弃了 |
[08:28] | Maybe this print can help explain those bite marks. | 也许这个足迹可以解释那些咬痕 |
[08:32] | – How? – I’m not quite sure yet. | -怎么解释 -我还不确定 |
[08:35] | She’s not quite sure yet. | 她还不确定 |
[08:39] | Well, I have to say I’ve worked a lot of homicides… | 我得说 我曾经见过许多杀人犯·· |
[08:41] | …but if the victims laid out here for any time at all… | 但是如果受害者 在任何时间躺在这里·· |
[08:44] | …in a setting like this, … | 像是这个样子··· |
[08:46] | …it’d be pretty remarkable if they didn’t attract animals. | 那么他们不是动物就奇怪了 |
[08:52] | I think that postmortem predation is definitely a consideration here, … | 我认为验尸发现的那个疑点很奇怪·· |
[08:56] | …but I only see one print… | 但我只看到一个足迹·· |
[08:59] | and if it were an animal there would be numerous prints… | 如果有动物在这里···会有许多脚印··· |
[09:02] | …all over here and in the yard. | 到处都是 甚至是这个庭院 |
[09:13] | You agree, Agent Doggett? | 你同意吗 多各特探员 |
[09:16] | I’m going to go take a look around. | 我要去看一看 |
[09:25] | You know, I got two old folks in the morgue… | 你知道的 我在停尸间有两个老亲人·· |
[09:29] | …mauled beyond recognition. | 完全认不出来 |
[09:30] | I have no motive to go on, no intent. | 我找不到任何动机和目的 |
[09:33] | There’s not one shred of evidence that cries out for a human explanation, … | 没有一点点的证据 非常需要专家在解释 |
[09:37] | …yet you stand there telling me flat out… | 而你在这里告诉我·· |
[09:39] | …that what we’re looking for is a man. | 我们在找的是一个人 |
[09:44] | Thanks for everything, Agent Scully. We’ll take it from here. | 谢谢你 史卡利探员 现在我们自己来处理 |
[09:49] | I’m sure your explanation will mollify all those… | 我相信你的解释会平息那些·· |
[09:51] | …hotshots down at the county seat, Detective. | 在镇上的大人物 探长 |
[09:54] | And relieve any general anxiety about what this thing might be… | 减少那些担心这里事件的忧虑·· |
[09:58] | …but only until it strikes again. | 但也只能任凭它再度发生 |
[10:01] | And one more thing: | 还有件事: |
[10:04] | I never said that what you’re looking for is a man. | 我从来没说过你在找的是一个人 |
[10:11] | Agent Scully. | 史卡利探员 |
[10:22] | Is that a second print? | 那是第二个脚印吗 |
[10:31] | It could be but I’m not sure if it tells us anything. | 也许吧 但我不确定这代表什么 |
[10:34] | Well, maybe there’s no prints in the yard because… | 也许庭院里没有任何脚印·· |
[10:36] | …whatever made these didn’t go through the yard. | 因为犯案的元凶 不会走出去到庭院 |
[10:39] | It came through the house. | 它穿过了房子 |
[10:41] | Well, if anything, I’d say this print leads up the stairs. | 如果有的话 我会说这脚印往楼梯上去了 |
[10:58] | Think I’ve got another partial here. | 在这里有另一个部份脚印 |
[11:08] | You know, there is a more obvious explanation. | 你知道的 还有另一种简单的解释 |
[11:11] | The more basic answer… | 更基本的答案··· |
[11:13] | …is what we’re dealing with here is simply a man. | 就是 我们讨论的只是一个人 |
[11:16] | A psychotic killer with a deformed foot. | 有着残废双脚的变态杀手 |
[11:20] | You’re familiar with the principle of Occam’s Razor? | 你对奥卡姆剃刀定律熟悉吗 |
[11:23] | Yeah. You take every possible explanation… | 是的 你做了每个可能的解释·· |
[11:25] | …and you choose the simplest one. | 而你选了最简单的一个 |
[11:27] | Agent Mulder used to refer to it as “Occam’s Principle of Limited Imagination.” | 穆德探员曾经称它作: “奥卡姆限制想像定律” |
[11:32] | Unless you have a simple explanation as to how a killer… | 除非你有个简单的解释 一个残废双脚的杀手 |
[11:36] | …with a deformed foot leaves a print only every 25 feet. | 如何每隔25英尺留下一个脚印迹 |
[11:43] | No. | 没有 |
[11:45] | Or to what he’d even be doing up here. | 或者是解释他在这里做过的事 |
[11:48] | I don’t know. I’m trying to figure it out just like you are. | 我不知道 我只是像你一样 尽力去解释 |
[12:05] | Agent Doggett. | 多各特探员 |
[12:40] | Dark up here. | 这里很暗 |
[12:43] | What do you see? Agent Scully? | 你看到什么了 史卡利 |
[12:46] | Right now, not a heck of a lot. | 马上去 别急 |
[13:00] | If there was anything up here it might have gone out that window. | 如果这里有什么东西的话 它也许从窗子出去了 |
[13:07] | You ever carry one of these? | 你曾经带过这些吗 |
[13:12] | Never. | 没有 |
[13:26] | “V” for victory. | “V”是胜利 |
[13:30] | What? | 什么 |
[13:32] | You said the male victim was missing two fingers? | 你说那男被害人两根手指不见了 |
[13:35] | Well, how did the fingers get up here? | 手指怎么到这里的 |
[13:41] | Well, from their smell, I’d say they were regurgitated. | 从它的气味来看 我会说它是吃下肚再吐出来的 |
[13:45] | Recently. | 时间不久 |
[13:47] | By what? | 是谁做的 |
[13:53] | I saw those on the porch, too. | 我在玄关也看到那些 |
[13:56] | Looks like, to me… I don’t know. | 看起来像···我不知道 |
[13:59] | Like it was… it was… | 像是··是··· |
[14:04] | Hanging there? | 挂在那里吗 |
[14:56] | You’re still here. | 你还在这里 |
[14:58] | Well, I was waiting for some lab results and then I… | 是的 我在等实验室结果·· |
[15:01] | …wanted to take another look at the body. | 我想··再看一下尸体 |
[15:03] | Why? What did you find? | 为什么 你发现什么 |
[15:04] | Nothing that will allay anyone’s fears about… | 没有什么能让人消除恐惧的·· |
[15:07] | …what killed this man or his wife. | 不知道是什么杀了这对夫妇 |
[15:09] | “What”? You mean “who” killed them. | “什么” 你之前说是”谁”杀了他们 |
[15:13] | Well, to be honest, what I found here… | 老实说 我发现了··· |
[15:15] | …leans more towards an animal explanation. | 比较倾向动物的解释 |
[15:18] | The, uh, scratches on the body match the four-toed prints that we found. | 这些尸体上的抓痕与四趾动物的脚印相符 |
[15:23] | And the bites have fang-like tears. | 而那些咬痕有尖牙 |
[15:26] | What I thought were marks left by human molars are now inconclusive… | 我之前认为是人类臼齿的 现在则认为是未确定·· |
[15:31] | …because of enzymes that were found in the bites which are… | 因为在咬痕上找到一些酵素·· |
[15:33] | …clearly inhuman- anticoagulents which… | 肯定不是人的抗凝血活素··· |
[15:39] | …are found solely in the saliva of bats. | 只有出现在蝙蝠唾液中 |
[15:45] | Bats. | 蝙蝠 |
[15:47] | I can’t exactly explain it but I… | 我也不能解释·· |
[15:49] | …realize that I owe the Detective an apology. | 但是··我知道我应该跟 探长道歉 |
[15:52] | Well, I’m not so sure about that. | 嗯 我还不确定 |
[15:56] | Montana headline circa 1956. | 蒙大拿州1956年的头条 |
[16:00] | The story’s the same as what you told me. | 故事跟你说的一样 |
[16:03] | “The creature was taken to the county coroner… | “这生物被带到了郊外···” |
[16:04] | …who confirmed it was neither man nor animal.” | “不是人也不是动物” |
[16:08] | Two days later, the county coroner was disemboweled… | 两天以后 县里的法医的内脏 |
[16:10] | …by something with sharp teeth and four-toed claws. | 被有尖牙的 四脚趾野兽挖出来 |
[16:13] | Something that ate several body parts and regurgitated them elsewhere. | 吃了部分的尸体 并吐在到处都是 |
[16:17] | Did they ever find it? | 他们找到了吗 |
[16:19] | Five men died or disappeared… | 5个人死了或失踪·· |
[16:21] | and then the killing stops. Doesn’t say why. | 然后死亡就停止了 没解释为什么 |
[16:25] | But 44 years later | 但44年后··· |
[16:27] | it appears that it’s back and killing again. | 它又重新出现并开始杀人了 |
[17:00] | You see those marks, right? | 你看到那些痕迹 是吗 |
[17:02] | And the ones over here on the rafter? | 还有在建筑物边缘的这个 |
[17:12] | If you ask me, those look like claw marks. | 如果你问我 它们看起来就像爪痕 |
[17:19] | I don’t care what kind of a savage he is, … | 我不管它是哪种野兽·· |
[17:21] | …what did this isn’t human. | 做这种事的一定不是人 |
[17:25] | Well, if I may speak for Agent Scully, … | 我如果可以代表史卡利探员 |
[17:27] | …I think we’re both prepared to concede that point, Detective. | 我想我们都准备承认这点 探长 |
[17:30] | Then you know what this thing is? | 那么你知道那东西是什么吗 |
[17:33] | I’ve got a newspaper article I want to show you. | 我这里有个剪报 我想给你看 |
[17:36] | – Agent Doggett… – A rather strange account from 1956… | -多各特探员 -1956年更离奇的事件·· |
[17:39] | I found something. | 我找到一些东西 |
[17:41] | A photo album. I think it’s our first break on this case. | 一个相簿 我想是本案第一个关键 |
[17:44] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[17:45] | The victim’s daughter– Ariel– her dead body was pulled… | 死者的女儿艾利欧 她的尸体上周 |
[17:49] | – …from the river here last week. – I got that call. | -从河里被拖出来 -是我打的电话 |
[17:51] | Had to come tell Mrs. McKesson the bad news. | 告诉麦克生太太这个噩耗 |
[17:54] | You trying to say there’s some kind of connection? | 你要说的是 这之间有关连 |
[17:57] | Well, you not only told her mother that her 62-year-old daughter was dead… | 你不但告诉她妈妈 她62岁的女儿而已死了·· |
[18:00] | …but that her body had been horribly and inexplicably burned. | 还有她的尸体遭到骇人 且无法解释地被烧了 |
[18:03] | A daughter who, by the way, she hadn’t even seen in over 40 years. | 一个女儿···她已经有40年没见过了 |
[18:07] | Since 1956, to be exact– which is the date your… | 自从1956年开始·· |
[18:10] | article says those first killings started. | 也就是剪报说的开始杀人的那一天 |
[18:14] | Do you see the connection? | 你有看到关连吗 |
[18:18] | I’m not, uh… sure where you’re going with this, Agent Scully. | 我不确定··你要做什么 史卡利 |
[18:21] | – The daughter is the connection. – How is that? | -那女儿就是关连 -为什么 |
[18:26] | I don’t know exactly but these killings only started up… | 我也不是完全知道 只是那些杀人事件开始于·· |
[18:29] | …since her burned body has been found. | 她的尸体被发现后 |
[18:32] | Honest to god. You just jump at whatever explanation… | 天哪 你跳过了所有的解释·· |
[18:35] | …is the wildest and most far-fetched, don’t you? | 得出最疯狂最牵强的 不是吗 |
[18:37] | Well, I suggest that you jump at it, too… | 我想你也跳过它·· |
[18:40] | …because her body may have been burned for a reason… | 因为她的尸体也许因某个理由被烧··· |
[18:42] | …and you’re going to want to exhume it in order to find out why. | 而你应该要去知道原因 |
[18:45] | You want me to dig up a dead body… | 你要我去挖一个尸体·· |
[18:47] | …when I have real people out there whose lives are in real danger? | 当大家都活在危险里的时候吗 |
[19:11] | What did you say to him? | 你对他说了什么 |
[19:13] | Well, I told him to dig up the body. Isn’t that what you wanted? | 我叫让他挖出尸体 你不是想这样吗 |
[19:17] | What else did you say to him? | 还对他说了什么 |
[19:21] | Well, I told him that you were… um… a… | 嗯··我说你是个··· |
[19:23] | …leading authority on paranormal phenomena and… | 超自然现象的权威·· |
[19:26] | …who are we to argue with an expert. | 而我们不要跟专家争论 |
[19:28] | Look, I am not an expert. | 听着 我不是专家 |
[19:31] | I am a scientist who happens to have seen a lot. | 我只是个科学家 解释看见的一切 |
[19:35] | I am just making a leap here. | 我只是来调查这里 |
[19:38] | Well, I am sure you have your reasons. | 嗯 我相信你有你的理由 |
[19:41] | Look, so, so, what, you told him to exhume the body… | 听着··又怎样·· 你叫他挖出那具尸体·· |
[19:44] | …when you don’t even necessarily believe me yourself? | 而你完全不相信我 |
[19:51] | I told you I spent the weekend… | 我告诉过你我花了整个周末·· |
[19:52] | …looking through that cabinet full of X-Files… | 在阁楼看过所有X档案了·· |
[19:54] | …and I saw how pretty much every X-File broke– with a leap. | 而我看到很多X档案破案 经过一个突然的转变 |
[19:58] | Now, maybe I’m just an old-fashioned cop but I don’t take leaps. | 也许我只是个过时的警察···但我不喜欢突然转变 |
[20:03] | In my experience leaps only get people killed. | 在我的经验 突然转变只会让人被杀 |
[20:09] | Well, I’d say that you’re taking a pretty big leap believing in that article… | 我会说 你相信那文章 也就是有了突然转变·· |
[20:15] | …about a human bat. | 关于一个人类蝙蝠 |
[21:51] | I don’t know how you do it. | 我不知道你们怎么做的 |
[21:53] | Called the judge’s order in a half ago. You guys are fast. | 法官半小时前才批准的 你们动作很快呀 |
[21:56] | Yep, we’re really fast when someone’s done most of our work. | 是啊 当别人已经完成大部份的工作时 我们是很快 |
[22:01] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[22:05] | We got out here, somebody had already dug up the box. | 有人在我们到之前已拖出了棺材 |
[22:09] | All we had to do was haul it out. | 我们要做的只有搬动它 |
[22:12] | I don’t know what they were using… | 我不知道他们在用来做什么·· |
[22:14] | …but they scratched up the wood on the lid real good. See? | 但他们刮伤了这些木头 这盖子是不错的 |
[22:22] | Let’s get this down to the morgue. I think the sooner, the better. | 我们把这搬出这里 愈快愈好 |
[22:52] | God! | 天哪 |
[23:50] | I want a word with you. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[24:05] | Look, we listened to you. | 听着 我们听你的话 |
[24:06] | The Detective listened to you. | 探长听你的话 |
[24:08] | We could have been out hunting this thing down, Agent Doggett. | 我们应该早就把这东西抓回来了 多各特探员 |
[24:11] | – You should be doing that now. – Now? | -你们应该现在就去 -现在 |
[24:14] | Now’s too late for the Detective, isn’t it? | 对探长来说已经太迟了 不是吗 |
[24:17] | Look, we don’t need you telling us what to do or your partner. | 听着 我们不需要你或你搭档 告诉我们要做什么 |
[24:21] | She’s the one responsible for this. | 她应该对此负责 |
[24:23] | Nobody’s responsible for this except for whatever did it. | 除了凶手 没人应该为此负责 |
[24:26] | Look, I don’t care who she is or what she is, … | 听着 我不介意她是谁或做什么的·· |
[24:29] | …she’s not touching that body. | 她不能碰那尸体 |
[24:31] | We don’t need her far-out theories. | 我们不需要她深奥难懂的理论 |
[24:35] | She’s not welcome here. | 这里不欢迎她 |
[24:48] | What happened to the lynch mob? | 那群暴民怎么了 |
[24:50] | You hear all that? | 你全听见了 |
[24:52] | I heard enough. | 我听够了 |
[24:54] | Things have taken a little turn. | 事情有点变化 |
[24:56] | I don’t think so, Agent Doggett. | 我不这么认为 多各特探员 |
[24:58] | Well, you can think what you want but I think this looks bad for the FBI. | 你随便怎么想 我认为这会让调查局很难看 |
[25:01] | – It was unavoidable. – How do you figure that? | -这是不可避免的 -你怎么知道 |
[25:06] | This is the body pulled from the river. | 这里河里捞起来的尸体 |
[25:10] | She died of natural causes– congestive heart failure– | 她死于自然因素:心脏病·· |
[25:13] | …but her body was only burned afterwards. | 但是她的尸体后来遭到焚烧 |
[25:16] | – By who, and why burn it? – Well, obviously to cover something up. | -谁做的 为什么要烧 -很明显 一定是为了掩藏什么 |
[25:19] | Yeah,but what? | 是 但是什么呢 |
[25:21] | That’s what I still don’t know. | 这点我也不知道 |
[25:22] | Look, we know what we’re looking for. | 听着 我们知道我们要找什么 |
[25:25] | We should be out there looking for it. | 我们应该出去找 |
[25:27] | We’re not going to catch it standing here speculating. | 我们在这里站着猜是抓不到的 |
[25:29] | Look, it kills like an animal, but with purpose. | 听着 它像是动物一样杀人 但是有目的的 |
[25:32] | It stalked the detective for the same reason… | 他因为相同的原因而攻击探长·· |
[25:34] | …that it stalked the old woman and the undertaker. | 还有攻击那个老妇人和殡仪员 |
[25:37] | Each of those victims had had contact with this burnt body. | 每个死者都与被烧的尸体有关 |
[25:42] | The undertaker prepared it. | 殡仪员埋的她 |
[25:44] | Her mother ID’d it and | 她的妈妈生了她 |
[25:45] | the Detective got the call when she was found. | 当她被发现时 是 探长通知她妈妈的 |
[25:47] | Well, who else would have had contact with it? | 那么还有谁有关连呢 |
[25:50] | The, uh, man who found her in the river. | 在河里发现她的人 |
[25:53] | A, uh, Myron Stefaniuk. | 麦隆·史方亚克 |
[25:55] | – Stefaniuk? – Yeah. | -史方亚克 -是的 |
[25:57] | One of the hunters in the photo in 1956 was Ernie Stefaniuk. | 那张1956年照片里的一个猎人叫厄尼·史方亚克 |
[26:07] | There’s an address in his file. I hope we’re not too late. | 这个档案里有地址 希望不会太晚 |
[26:38] | Mr. Stefaniuk? | 史方亚克先生吗 |
[26:40] | Myron Stefaniuk? | 麦隆·史方亚克 |
[26:42] | – That’s me. – Good. Sorry. | -是我 -抱歉 |
[26:45] | You gave us a bit of a scare. | 你让我们有点害怕 |
[26:47] | We went to your home up the road and we couldn’t find you. | 我们去过你家 找不到你 |
[26:49] | Why would that scare you? | 那为什么会吓到你呢 |
[26:52] | Well, sir, we work with the FBI and we have reason to believe… | 先生 我们在调查局工作·· |
[26:54] | – …that your life may be in danger. – I’m in danger? | -我们相信你身处危险之中 -我有危险吗 |
[26:58] | Well, we’re investigating some murders, sir, … | 我们正在查谋杀案··· |
[26:59] | …that we believe may be connected to the burnt body that you found recently. | 我们相信 也许跟你最近发现的焚毁尸体有关 |
[27:03] | I fished it out of the river. | 我钓鱼时发现的 |
[27:05] | – What have I got to do with anything? – Well, we’re not saying for sure that you do. | -我做了什么 -我们现在也不确定 |
[27:08] | It may just be your connection to the body. | 也许只是你和尸体的关连性 |
[27:11] | There is no connection. I just fished it out of the river. | 没任何关连 我只是在河边钓鱼 |
[27:15] | Well, sorry, sir, but that may be enough. | 对不起 先生 那就够了 |
[27:17] | It’s nonsense. Leave me alone. | 真没道理 离我远点 |
[27:20] | Ernie Stefaniuk. | 厄尼·史方亚克 |
[27:23] | Lived in Montana in 1956. | 1956年住在蒙大拿 |
[27:25] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[27:28] | Ernie was my brother. | 他是我哥哥··· |
[27:30] | He was one of three hunters that killed a man that was half animal. | 他是当时的三个猎入之一···杀了一个半人半兽的东西 |
[27:34] | Please! That was a long time ago. | 拜托 那是很久以前的事了 |
[27:36] | Do you know where we can find him to talk with him, sir? | 你知道哪里可以找到他吗 |
[27:39] | My brother’s dead. That thing killed him. | 我哥哥已经死了 那东西杀了他 |
[27:42] | Well, I have a newspaper story that says your brother disappeared. | 有报纸说你哥哥失踪了 |
[27:46] | That was 40 years ago. | 那是40年前了 |
[27:49] | Leave it alone! Leave me alone! | 离我远点 |
[28:28] | You know, we’ve been out here for nine hours. | 我们已经在这9个小时了 |
[28:31] | The only thing this man seems to be in danger of is terminal loneliness. | 也许这个人唯一危险的事情就是太孤独了 |
[28:37] | Maybe I’m wrong. | 也许我错了 |
[28:41] | Maybe this is all just a… | 也许只是个··· |
[28:43] | …a grand coincidence and we’re wasting our time out here. | 一个特殊的巧合而我们在浪费时间 |
[28:46] | You were so sure before. | 你曾经很肯定 |
[28:49] | Yeah, I was sure of the facts as I had deduced them scientifically. | 是的 我确定的是那些科学演绎的结果 |
[28:57] | Maybe I’m… I’m trying to force them into shape. | 也许我··我在强迫拼凑它们 |
[29:01] | Maybe I’m manufacturing a theory. | 也许我在产生一个理论 |
[29:04] | Well, what happened to taking a leap? | 为什么突然转变呢 |
[29:07] | Maybe I’m just trying too hard. | 也许我太急了 |
[29:11] | To do what? | 做什么 |
[29:13] | To be Mulder? | 扮演穆德 |
[29:20] | You know, I’m not Oxford educated. | 你知道 我不是牛津毕业的 |
[29:23] | About all I know about the paranormal is… | 我只知道那现象是·· |
[29:25] | …men are from Mars and women are from Venus. | 男人来自火星 女人来自金星 |
[29:30] | But I don’t think you’re wrong, Agent Scully. | 但我不认为你是错的 史卡利 |
[29:34] | What makes you say that? | 为何这么说呢 |
[29:35] | Well, I’m no Fox Mulder, … | 我不是穆德·· |
[29:37] | …but I can tell when a man’s hiding something. | 但我知道有人隐藏了什么 |
[29:41] | Myron Stefaniuk fishes a woman out of the river… | 麦隆·史方亚克从河里发现了一个女尸·· |
[29:43] | …who’s been gone for 40 years. | 而那个人已消失40年了 |
[29:46] | He has a brother he hasn’t seen in over 40 years. | 他有个40年没见的哥哥 |
[29:48] | A brother who just happened to hunt down some kind of creature over 40 years ago. | 他哥哥40年前杀了一种生物·· |
[29:54] | Well, what does he have to hide? | 那么他要隐瞒什么 |
[29:56] | Well, that’s what I’m hoping this good cop work is going to show us. | 我想需要监视一下 |
[31:38] | You there! | 你在做什么 |
[31:40] | Stop right there! | 站着别动 |
[31:49] | I see him. | 我看到他了 |
[31:56] | Stop where you are! | 马上停下来 |
[31:59] | Put your hands up and out! | 举起手来 转身 |
[32:02] | Now, turn around, slowly. | 慢慢转过去 |
[32:07] | Are you Ernie Stefaniuk? | 你是厄尼·史方亚克吗 |
[32:10] | Are you Ernie Stefaniuk?! | 你是厄尼·史方亚克吗 |
[32:12] | Yeah. | 是 |
[32:26] | How’s a man supposed to live… | 一个人怎么会生活在·· |
[32:31] | …when his fear becomes obsession? | 充满恐惧的环境里 |
[32:34] | You’d do the same thing. | 你做了同样的事 |
[32:37] | Who wouldn’t who wanted to live? | 谁不愿意别人活着 |
[32:39] | You never left the island? | 你没离开这岛吗 |
[32:43] | 44 years– I wouldn’t dare knowing it was out there. | 44年了··我不敢想它就在这里 |
[32:50] | That it could come back for me. | 也许它会回来找我 |
[32:53] | You know something about it? | 你知道关于它的事 |
[32:57] | About what this thing is? | 关于这东西是什么 |
[33:02] | I know on the evolutionary ladder… | 我知道在进化阶梯上·· |
[33:06] | …bats are real close by the apes… | 蝙蝠跟类人猿很近·· |
[33:10] | …and just as we came from the apes… | 因为我们从猿进化而来·· |
[33:13] | …so might a man, sprung from a bat. | 所以可能会有人从蝙蝠进化来 |
[33:17] | To live and hunt like a bat… | 像蝙蝠一样生活、猎食 |
[33:21] | …but with the cold-blooded vengeance of a man. | 却有像人类一般的冷血复仇 |
[33:25] | Even if that were true, sir, … | 即使是真的··· |
[33:28] | …how could it possibly find you out here on an island? | 它怎么能在岛上找到你呢 |
[33:31] | I needed to cut off all contact. | 我要切断一切关连 |
[33:35] | Communication could be only one-way. | 沟通只是单向的 |
[33:39] | My brother helped me. | 我弟弟帮了我 |
[33:43] | And then there was my wife. | 还有我妻子 |
[33:46] | It was her body your brother pulled in. | 你弟弟拖的是她的尸体 |
[33:51] | She gave up everything to be with me. | 她为了我放弃了一切 |
[33:58] | I forbade her to tell her mother. | 我不让她告诉她妈妈 |
[34:02] | 44 years on six acres of island, she made only one demand. | 44年在一个6英亩的岛上 她只有一个要求 |
[34:11] | To be buried in consecrated earth. | 葬在神圣的土地上 |
[34:15] | She was a Catholic her whole life. | 她是天主教徒 |
[34:29] | Mr. Stefaniuk… | 史方亚克先生·· |
[34:33] | It’s killed four people. | 它杀了4个人 |
[34:37] | All of whom would have had traces of your scent… | 他们全部或多或少都与你妻子的 |
[34:41] | …through various degrees of contact with your wife’s body. | 的尸体有关连 |
[34:46] | – My brother? – Your brother’s okay, Ernie. | -我弟弟 -你弟弟没问题 厄尼 |
[34:49] | But he had contact with Ariel’s body. It’ll come after him, too. | 但他跟阿尔的尸体有关 它也会找上他的 |
[34:53] | He’s all right. | 他很好 |
[34:53] | We spoke with him earlier today. | 今天我们还跟他说过话 |
[34:56] | Today?Today, he might have been fine | 今天 今天他也许很好 |
[34:59] | but this thing hunts likes a bat. | 但是那个东西像蝙蝠一样猎杀 |
[35:00] | It only attacks at night. | 只有晚上才会行动 |
[35:08] | Stay here. Stay with him. | 你和他待在这里 |
[36:17] | I still don’t understand. | 我还是不明白 |
[36:20] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[36:22] | – How’d you find me out here? – We followed your brother. | -你怎么找到我的 – 我们跟你弟弟来的 |
[36:26] | No, I mean who figured it out? | 不 我是说 是谁想到的 |
[36:30] | I was sure that what we were looking for… | 我确定我们要找的·· |
[36:32] | …was something other than a man. | 不是一般人 |
[36:36] | The detective who was running the case didn’t believe that, and… | 本案探长不相信 结果·· |
[36:41] | …he’s dead. | 他死了 |
[36:42] | But your partner, he believed it? | 但你的搭档相信吗 |
[36:46] | I think he does now. | 我想现在他信了 |
[36:48] | So it was you who figured it. | 所以是你想到的 |
[36:52] | Well, I… I made the connections but it was… | 我··我发现了其中的联系 但·· |
[36:55] | …Agent Doggett that got us out here. | 是多各特探员带我们来的 |
[36:59] | You ought to be wishing he hadn’t. | 你应该希望他没有带你们来 |
[37:03] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[37:07] | The moment you stepped foot here… | 你们一踏上这里的那一刻··· |
[37:10] | You’re marked now, you know that. | 你就被标记了 |
[37:13] | Sir, I’m here to protect you. | 先生 我是来保护你的 |
[37:16] | And how are you going to do that? | 但你要怎么保护呢 |
[37:20] | You thought of everything… | 你想到了一切·· |
[37:22] | Except that. | 但漏了一点 |
[37:24] | Well, this thing, Mr. Stefaniuk is… | 史方亚克先生 那个东西·· |
[37:27] | …still flesh and blood. | 实质上还是血肉之躯·· |
[37:29] | It can be killed. | 它还是会死的 |
[37:31] | What do you think? It’s just going to come walking through the door, there? | 你怎么想 它说不定正要走进这个门吗 |
[37:34] | It’s waited 44 years. It’ll wait out there as long as it takes… | 它等了44年 它一直会在外等·· |
[37:38] | …until you can’t stand it anymore. | 直到你受不了为止 |
[37:41] | How long can you wait, huh? A lifetime? | 你能等多久 一生吗 |
[37:43] | To live in fear like this, a young woman– | 一个女孩子在恐惧中生活··· |
[37:46] | …are you prepared to sacrifice family, … | 你准备奉献出家庭和孩子·· |
[37:48] | …children and spend your life terrorized by a monster? | 让你的一生活在恶魔的恐惧下 |
[38:01] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[38:03] | It’s ground radar.The sensor’s set at ten feet high. | 是地面雷达 感应到十尺高的物体 |
[38:09] | Anything big enough to set it off is coming in through the trees. | 有个大型物体正穿过树林往这里来 |
[38:49] | -You hear it?-No. | -你听到了吗 -没有 |
[38:53] | Maybe I got it. | 也许我抓到他了 |
[38:55] | Maybe I killed it. | 也许我杀了它 |
[39:16] | If you’ve got a gun, get it. | 如果你有枪的话 就用吧 |
[40:51] | Agent Scully. | 史卡利探员 |
[41:09] | – You okay? – Yeah. I’m okay. | -你还好吗 -我很好 |
[41:12] | But you’re not, Agent Doggett. | 但你受伤了 多各特探员 |
[41:15] | I got you. | 我抓到你了 |
[41:45] | TWO WEEKS LATER | 两周后 |
[41:52] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我迟到了 |
[41:54] | I received a fax up in my old office… | 我从以前的办公室拿到了一份传真·· |
[41:56] | …from Ernie’s brother, Myron Stefaniuk. | 从厄尼的哥哥 麦隆·史方亚克那里来的 |
[41:59] | He’s alive? Where is he? | 他还活着吗 在哪儿 |
[42:02] | He doesn’t say. | 他没说 |
[42:03] | He sent this from a small storefront business… | 他传了一个小店面的表格·· |
[42:05] | …just across the state line in Wyoming. | 就在怀俄明州界 |
[42:09] | He’s gone into hiding. | 他想躲起来 |
[42:15] | Do you believe it, Agent Doggett? | 你相信吗 多各特探员 |
[42:18] | Believe it? | 相信吗 |
[42:21] | That this thing is still out there and… | 那个东西还在那里··· |
[42:25] | …someday it’s going to come after us? | 而且有一天会来找我们 |
[42:29] | I’m pretty sure I hit it, Agent Scully. | 我确定我打中它了 史卡利 |
[42:32] | Pretty sure you hit it, too. | 也确定你也打中了 |
[42:38] | The guys upstairs were making some noise about this case– | 楼上的人在传言这件案子·· |
[42:41] | …about what’s in our field report. | 关于我们的报告 |
[42:45] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:47] | You’ll get used to it. | 你会习惯的 |
[42:55] | I, uh… | 我··· |
[42:58] | I never had a desk in here, … | 我在这里从来没有桌子·· |
[43:03] | …Agent Doggett, but I’ll see that you get one. | 多各特探员 我相信你会有的 |
[43:08] | All right. | 好啊 |
[43:14] | And I just want to say, um… | 我只是想说·· |
[43:20] | Thank you for watching my back. | 谢谢你在我后面保护我 |
[43:23] | Well, I never saw it as an option. | 我从不认为那是个选择 |
[43:29] | I’m sure you don’t either. | 我相信你也这么想 |