时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Don’t, don’t, don’t… | 别 别 别 |
[00:12] | Don’t, don’t! | 停下 停下 |
[00:12] | Don’t do that, don’t do it! | 别这样 别这样 |
[00:14] | Don’t do that, you tickle me. | 别这样 痒死了 |
[00:16] | You made the spray paint come out of my nose. | 你弄得我都把漆喷出来了 |
[00:19] | What, do I have paint on my face? | 我脸上也有漆吗 |
[00:20] | Dude, look at the moon! | 老兄 快看月亮 |
[00:29] | What? | 怎么了 |
[00:30] | When you see a moon like that, | 你看着这样的月亮 |
[00:32] | do you ever think life is so amazing | 觉不觉得生命如此美好 |
[00:36] | and maybe we shouldn’t waste it | 也许我们不该把它浪费在 |
[00:38] | by just getting high all the time? | 一直嗨个不停上 |
[00:41] | No. | 不觉得 |
[00:42] | I think about how I wish I were a werewolf. | 我觉得我要是狼人就好了 |
[00:46] | What would you do if you were a werewolf? | 变成狼人做什么 |
[00:48] | Get high all the time. | 一直嗨啊 |
[00:53] | What’s that? | 什么情况 |
[00:55] | Where’d that come from? | 声音从哪儿来的 |
[01:07] | Did that just happen? | 刚刚那幕真的发生了吗 |
[01:14] | Dude, are you okay? | 老兄 你没事吧 |
[01:16] | Yeah, I think so. | 我觉得好像没事 |
[01:17] | Dude, are you okay? | 老兄 你没事吧 |
[01:18] | Dude, he just said that he was. | 他刚说了他没事 |
[01:21] | No, not this dude. | 我不是说这个老兄 |
[01:23] | This dude. | 是那个老兄 |
[01:27] | Whoa, dude. | 天呐 老兄 |
[01:34] | I don’t think that… | 我觉得那个老兄 |
[01:36] | that dude’s okay. | 不像没事的样子 |
[02:26] | Mulder, | 穆德 |
[02:28] | what are you doing to my poster? | 你在对我的海报做什么 |
[02:30] | Scully, since we’ve been away, | 史考莉 我们离开这段时间 |
[02:32] | much of the “Unexplained” has been explained. | 很多”未解之谜”都被解开了 |
[02:36] | The “Death Valley Racetrack”? | 所谓的”死亡谷赛马场盐湖石块漂移之谜” |
[02:38] | Turns out it was just ice formations, | 结果是因为结冰 |
[02:41] | moving the rocks around as it melted. | 浮冰融化时推着岩石移动 |
[02:44] | Yeah, ice. | 没错 因为冰 |
[02:45] | Humility prevents me from recounting | 我都没脸说 |
[02:47] | how I once thought it had something to do with | 我曾经以为这与 |
[02:49] | a series of mysterious sightings of a rock-like creature in Colorado, | 多次在科罗拉多神秘出现的石头生物有关 |
[02:53] | which turned out to just be a publicity stunt | 结果那只是一家当地景观公司的 |
[02:55] | by a local landscaping business. | 炒作宣传 |
[02:57] | It’s amazing, | 太令人惊讶了 |
[02:59] | going through these archives with fresh | 用全新视角审视这些案卷 |
[03:01] | if not wiser eyes, | 都不用更明智就能看出来 |
[03:03] | how many of these cases, | 还有多少这样的案子 |
[03:04] | whether it’s “The Amarillo Armadillo Man” | 比如这个”阿马里洛犰狳人” |
[03:08] | or “The Hairy Whatzit of Walla Walla”. | 或者”沃拉沃拉长毛怪” |
[03:11] | can be explained away as fraternity pranks practical jokes | 都可以被解释成兄弟会的恶作剧 |
[03:14] | or people making stuff up simply because they’re bored and or crazy. | 或者是人们无聊或发疯编的故事 |
[03:18] | And if that doesn’t explain it, | 如果都说不通 |
[03:19] | well then it was probably just ice. | 那很可能就是浮冰在作怪 |
[03:21] | Mulder, have you been taking your meds? | 穆德 你今天吃药了吗 |
[03:25] | Scully, Charles Fort spent his entire life | 史考莉 查尔斯·福特用他毕生的时间 |
[03:27] | researching natural and scientific anomalies, | 研究自然科学中的异常现象 |
[03:31] | which he published in four books, | 他出版了四本书 |
[03:32] | all of which I know by heart. | 我全部都铭记于心 |
[03:34] | And at the end of his life, | 福特在他生命的最后一刻 |
[03:36] | Fort himself wondered if it hadn’t all been a waste. | 怀疑自己的研究是否全是徒劳 |
[03:38] | I get it. | 我现在懂了 |
[03:40] | I’m a middle-aged man, Scully. | 我已经人到中年 史考莉 |
[03:42] | No, I am, I am. | 没错 已经老了 |
[03:46] | I’m thinking maybe it’s time to put away childish things, | 也许我该告别这些孩子气的东西了 |
[03:49] | the Sasquatches and mothmen and jackalopes. | 告别大脚野人 天蛾人和鹿角兔这些事 |
[03:55] | I thought it’d be great to get back to work. | 我以为回来工作会很棒 |
[03:58] | But is this really how I want to spend the rest of my days? | 但我真的就要这样度过余生吗 |
[04:01] | Chasing after monsters? | 浪费在追踪怪兽上 |
[04:03] | We’ve been given another case, Mulder. | 我们接到一个新案件 穆德 |
[04:06] | It has a monster in it. | 里面就有怪兽 |
[04:11] | One witness claimed that the creature had three eyes | 一个目击者说怪兽有三只眼睛 |
[04:14] | and the other one, one. | 另一个说只有一只 |
[04:15] | Notice they didn’t get a picture of it, which is odd, | 他们竟然没有拍照 太奇怪了 |
[04:18] | because everybody always has a camera on them these days. | 这个年代的人不都随身带着相机吗 |
[04:21] | You want to talk to these witnesses while we’re here? | 你想趁现在和目击者谈谈吗 |
[04:27] | Anyway this is the area | 总之 他们说 |
[04:30] | where they say they saw the creature | 就是在这里看到那个生物 |
[04:32] | attacking the animal control officer, | 袭击动物管制员的 |
[04:33] | even though he claims to not have seen | 但是他自己说 |
[04:36] | whatever it was that was attacking him. | 没看到是什么东西袭击了他 |
[04:37] | Of course not. | 当然看不到 |
[04:39] | Mountain lions always attack from behind. | 美洲狮都是从背后袭击 |
[04:40] | He was out here responding to a call about a mountain lion. | 他来这里就是因为有人报警称看到一头美洲狮 |
[04:42] | It was a mountain lion! | 是美洲狮袭击了他 |
[04:43] | That’s what killed the other victim, too. | 另一个受害者也是被狮子杀死的 |
[04:46] | Well that is what the local authorities thought, | 地方当局一开始也是这么想的 |
[04:48] | until they did a search the next morning | 但他们第二天早上搜寻的时候 |
[04:49] | and they found this area over here, | 发现了这个地方 |
[04:52] | where they found three more victims. | 有另外三名受害者 |
[04:56] | Grey wolves, Scully. | 是灰狼群 史考莉 |
[04:58] | They’ve made a comeback in this region. | 它们在这片区域卷土重来了 |
[05:00] | Wolves take their prey back to a lair. | 狼群会把猎物拖回巢穴 |
[05:03] | Well they were all mutilated in exactly the same manner. | 他们都是被同样的方式袭击的 |
[05:07] | However the third victim wasn’t wearing any clothes. | 只是第三个受害者没穿衣服 |
[05:10] | Maybe he was a nudist. | 可能他是个裸体主义者 |
[05:12] | Took a midnight hike in the nude, | 在午夜裸体远足 |
[05:13] | got attacked by a wolf or a lion or a bear. | 结果被狼 狮子或是熊袭击了 |
[05:16] | Maybe all at the same time. | 也可能被这些动物同时袭击了 |
[05:19] | That’s how I’d like to go out. | 我将来也想这么死 |
[05:20] | The uniqueness of the wounds, Mulder, | 这些伤口非常特别 穆德 |
[05:23] | implies a human element. | 像是人为的 |
[05:25] | Scully, I gave up profiling before I gave up monsters. | 史考莉 我放弃心理侧写比放弃怪兽还早 |
[05:29] | You’ve seen one serial killer, you’ve seen them all. | 见过一个连环杀手 就知道他们都什么样了 |
[05:31] | Mulder, I can see that you’re going through | 穆德 我能理解 |
[05:33] | a questioning phase of some sort, | 你在经历一个怀疑一切的阶段 |
[05:35] | but people have been killed here. | 但有人在这里被杀 |
[05:37] | And if we can help stop that | 如果我们能出手阻止 |
[05:38] | and save some lives, I think that is a | 救下一些生命 我觉得那就 |
[05:41] | unquestionably worthwhile thing for us to do, | 毋庸置疑值得我们去做 |
[05:43] | regardless of whether the thing we find | 不论我们找到的 |
[05:46] | is animal or human or… | 是动物还是人还是… |
[05:49] | otherwise. | 其它什么东西 |
[05:49] | Okay, when you put it that way, | 好吧 既然你都这么说了 |
[05:51] | but mark my words, Scully, | 但记住我的话 史考莉 |
[05:53] | when we catch whatever is doing these killings, | 不管我们抓到的凶手是什么 |
[05:56] | it’s only going to have two eyes. | 它只会有两只眼睛 |
[06:00] | You want to party? | 想一起玩玩吗 |
[06:02] | Oh, come on. | 来嘛 |
[06:02] | There’s a full moon out. | 今天可是满月 |
[06:04] | Let’s get freaky, baby. | 让我们一起狂欢吧 亲爱的 |
[06:07] | Two for the price of one. | 买一送一哦 |
[06:09] | – Or a solo… – Nah. | -或者是单独 -不用 |
[06:12] | You cheap bastards. | 小气鬼们 |
[06:18] | Looks like you gave it a pretty good shot. | 看来你打得够狠啊 |
[06:20] | I think I hit it right in its horn. | 我感觉打在角上了 |
[06:24] | It had a horn? | 它有角吗 |
[06:26] | Like a… unicorn? | 就像个…独角兽 |
[06:28] | It had horns. | 有角啊 |
[06:29] | At the back of its head, | 长在脑袋后面 |
[06:31] | like a lizard or something. | 像是蜥蜴什么的 |
[06:32] | Did it look anything like this? | 它是不是长这个样子 |
[06:35] | No. | 不是 |
[06:36] | The thing I saw only had two eyes. | 我看见的只有两只眼睛 |
[06:38] | And it was wearing underwear. | 还穿着内裤呢 |
[06:40] | Boxers or briefs? | 四角裤还是三角裤 |
[06:42] | Tighty-whities. | 紧身三角裤 |
[06:44] | Same kind I used to wear. | 我以前也穿那种 |
[06:46] | I transitioned last year. | 我去年变性了 |
[06:48] | Did you see which way it headed? | 你看见它往哪边跑了吗 |
[06:50] | I told the officers it slithered off that way, | 我告诉警官们它往那边逃走了 |
[06:53] | but they think I’m on crack. | 可他们觉得我是嗑药了胡说的 |
[06:56] | Are you? | 那你嗑了吗 |
[06:57] | Yeah. | 嗑了啊 |
[07:05] | Any sign of anything? | 有什么发现吗 |
[07:06] | Don’t! | 别 |
[07:07] | Sneak up on a guy like that. | 这样悄悄靠近别人 |
[07:10] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:11] | Hey, aren’t you the officer | 你不就是那天晚上 |
[07:12] | who was attacked the other night? | 被袭击了的动物管制员吗 |
[07:14] | That was me. | 是我 |
[07:15] | So do you have any idea what kind of animal | 那你觉得今晚那位女士遇到的 |
[07:17] | this woman might have seen this evening? | 是什么动物呢 |
[07:18] | I got a call earlier about a stray puppy running around. | 我之前接到电话说这里有条迷路的小狗 |
[07:21] | I’m… | 我… |
[07:23] | I’m sort of hoping it’s just that, | 我希望就只是条小狗 |
[07:25] | ’cause I can handle cats and dogs. | 因为猫和狗我倒能应付 |
[07:28] | Anything bigger than that, | 要是更大的东西 |
[07:29] | and I really start to question my…. | 那我真得开始怀疑我的… |
[07:32] | Career decisions? | 职业决定 |
[07:33] | No, my life. | 不 我的人生 |
[07:41] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[07:43] | Mulder… | 穆德 |
[07:43] | If this thing looks like what people say it looks like, | 这东西要真长得像他们说的那样 |
[07:45] | I’m gonna get a good picture of it. | 那我得好好给它拍张照 |
[07:47] | If this thing looks like those drawings, | 如果真和画像上长的那样 |
[07:48] | I’m emptying my clip into it. | 那我一见到它就开枪 |
[07:50] | Even if it is in its underwear. | 哪怕它穿着内裤也不能轻敌 |
[07:52] | Mulder… | 穆德 |
[07:53] | Ah, it’s this new camera APP. | 这个新的相机应用 |
[07:54] | I’m not sure if it’s working right. | 我也不知道用没用对 |
[07:56] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[08:03] | It’s a fresh kill. | 是刚被杀的 |
[08:28] | I heard a noise over there, so I ran over here! | 我在那边听到有动静 就跑这边来了 |
[08:31] | What is up with your phone? | 你手机怎么回事 |
[08:33] | I don’t know, it’s this new APP. | 不知道 这个新应用 |
[08:34] | I don’t know if it’s working right. | 我也不知道用没用对 |
[08:35] | Are you taking picture or video? | 你是在拍照还是录像 |
[08:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:38] | – Go to Settings. – Where? | -去设置里看看 -哪里 |
[08:40] | Go to the settings… | 去设置里看看 |
[08:50] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[08:54] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[08:54] | No, I’m okay. | 没事 我没事 |
[08:57] | You’ve got blood on you. | 你身上有血 |
[08:58] | I don’t think it’s mine. | 我想不是我的血 |
[09:05] | Okay, that’s it. | 好了 到此为止 |
[09:07] | I quit. | 我辞职 |
[09:10] | Did you get a good look at it? | 你看清它了吗 |
[09:12] | I got a picture. | 我拍照了 |
[09:29] | Oh. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:30] | A bit of privacy, please. | 给人留点隐私 好吗 |
[09:33] | Have you seen a…? | 你看没看到一个… |
[09:40] | 流动厕所 [本集编剧达林在S02E02中扮演的寄生人钻过流动厕所] | |
[09:58] | That’s its ear. | 这是耳朵 |
[09:59] | Or maybe… maybe it’s a foot. | 也可能…可能是脚 |
[10:02] | – Mulder… – This one… | -穆德… -这个… |
[10:04] | if you squint, | 你眯起眼睛看 |
[10:05] | looks like… | 好像是… |
[10:06] | something. | 不知道什么东西 |
[10:07] | And then this… | 而这个… |
[10:09] | that’s… that’s in focus! | 这…这张对焦了 |
[10:11] | – But what is it? – It’s a close-up. | -可那是什么 -是特写啊 |
[10:13] | Of the creature. | 那生物的特写 |
[10:14] | Now, mind you, I didn’t say “Monster.” | 注意 我可没说是”怪兽” |
[10:15] | And it wasn’t a Sasquatch. | 也不是大脚野人 |
[10:17] | But it was definitely an animal… | 可肯定是个动物 |
[10:18] | man-sized and hairless. | 和人一样高大 还没毛发 |
[10:20] | Maybe it was a mangy Sasquatch. | 可能是个长疥的大脚野人 |
[10:23] | You’re overlooking the video. | 你得仔细看看这视频 |
[10:25] | Look. | 看 |
[10:28] | Mulder, you’ve got the lens pointed the wrong way. | 穆德 你的镜头方向反了 |
[10:30] | Yeah, it’s the new camera APP. | 是啊 都怪那新相机应用 |
[10:32] | But look. | 可你看 |
[10:35] | It shot blood at me. | 它向我喷血了 |
[10:36] | From out its eyeball, Scully– I think. | 我觉得是从它眼球里喷出来的 史考莉 |
[10:39] | It was hard for me to see, | 我没看清楚 |
[10:40] | because I had blood in my eyes. | 因为我眼睛里都是血 |
[10:42] | I haven’t done the blood analysis yet, | 我还没做血液分析 |
[10:44] | but it’s probably residue | 但那很可能是它袭击这个受害者时 |
[10:46] | from the prior attack on this victim. | 留下的残余血迹 |
[10:48] | And animals don’t shoot blood out of their eyeballs. | 而且动物也不会从眼球喷血出来 |
[10:51] | Oh, no? | 不会吗 |
[10:52] | Well, tell that to the horned lizard. | 你来看看角蜥蜴啊 |
[10:54] | Which shoots blood out its eyeball, Scully, yes. | 它们可会从眼球喷血 史考莉 真的 |
[10:57] | It’s a defense mechanism. | 那是它们的防御机制 |
[10:59] | Scientific fact! | 科学事实 |
[11:01] | Mulder, the Internet is not good for you. | 穆德 上网对你真没好处 |
[11:03] | Doesn’t this bear a resemblance to what witnesses claim they saw? | 这和目击者们描述的是不是有点像 |
[11:05] | What, so now you’re saying that you were attacked | 怎么 所以你想说袭击你的 |
[11:07] | by a six-foot horny toad? | 是一只一米八高的角蜥蜴吗 |
[11:09] | Let’s just keep this | 咱们把思路局限在 |
[11:10] | within the realm of the natural sciences, shall we? | 自然科学范围内 好吗 |
[11:13] | My initial exam of the bite marks | 我对伤口咬痕的初步检查显示 |
[11:15] | on this wound would suggest | 这些伤痕 |
[11:16] | that they were made by a human being. | 是人类咬的 |
[11:18] | So we’re looking for a man-sized horned lizard | 那么我们要找一个和人一样高 |
[11:22] | with human teeth. | 还长着人类牙齿的角蜥蜴 |
[11:26] | Sounds a bit silly, doesn’t it? | 听着有点傻 是不是 |
[11:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:30] | You’re really enjoying yourself, aren’t you, Scully? | 你很是乐在其中啊 史考莉 |
[11:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:34] | I am. | 没错 |
[11:36] | I forgot how much fun these cases could be. | 我都忘了这些案子多有意思了 |
[11:40] | It’s been a long day, Mulder. | 今天很累了 穆德 |
[11:42] | Why don’t you go back to the hotel and get some sleep? | 你还是回旅馆睡一觉吧 |
[11:45] | And try not to dream about monsters. | 别梦见怪兽哦 |
[11:54] | Monster! | 怪兽啊 |
[11:55] | Help me! It’s a monster! | 救命 有怪兽 |
[12:05] | Everything okay in here? | 你没事吧 |
[12:07] | Uh, yeah. | 没事 |
[12:08] | I apologize for the disturbance. | 抱歉打扰你了 |
[12:10] | Just an argument with an unruly guest. | 只是和不懂规矩的客人吵了几句 |
[12:12] | Now, please, go back to your room. | 麻烦你回屋去吧 |
[12:13] | I heard someone yell “Monster!” | 我听见有人叫”有怪兽” |
[12:15] | That’s what he had the nerve to call me, | 那是他脸皮厚敢那么叫我 |
[12:16] | just because I asked him to pay his overdue bill. | 因为我要他付逾期未交的房租 |
[12:19] | Does that make me some kind of a monster? | 这样我就成怪兽了吗 |
[12:20] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[12:21] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[12:22] | Now, please go away or I’ll kill you. | 赶快走吧 不然我会杀了你 |
[14:04] | Oh, hello again. | 我又来了 |
[14:06] | Just looking for the ice machine. | 我只是想找制冰机 |
[14:07] | Hey. W-what the hell were you…? | 你到底想… |
[14:09] | That’s private back there. | 那边是私人区域 |
[14:10] | You’re not supposed to be… | 你不该 |
[14:14] | That’s a security feature. | 那是为了安全起见 |
[14:16] | I had it put in after 9/11. | 我在911之后装的 |
[14:18] | I’m not gonna report you. | 我不会举报你的 |
[14:20] | When one checks into an establishment such as this, | 人们住这种旅馆 |
[14:23] | one expects the manager to be a Peeping Tom. | 就该想到经理可能是偷窥狂 |
[14:25] | But I do harbor suspicions | 但我确实怀疑 |
[14:26] | that you saw something in that trashed room | 你在那间被砸坏的房间里看到了一些东西 |
[14:28] | that greatly disturbed you. | 把你吓坏了 |
[14:30] | You mind telling me what that was? | 能告诉我是什么吗 |
[14:32] | You’re, uh… | 你 |
[14:34] | you’re not gonna believe it. | 你不会相信的 |
[14:36] | Try me. | 说说看 |
[14:45] | Yeah… | 好吧 |
[14:47] | Every day it’s the same thing! | 每天都是这样 |
[14:50] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:51] | I hate you! | 我恨你 |
[14:53] | I can’t go on like this! | 我不能这样继续下去了 |
[14:55] | I’m going insane having to look at you every day! | 每天都看到你这张脸 简直要把我逼疯了 |
[15:00] | Enough! | 够了 |
[15:03] | That’s going on his bill. | 这个他得赔 |
[15:05] | And you! You bastard… | 还有你 你个混蛋 |
[15:10] | You are not waking me up again tomorrow. | 明天你不许再把我吵醒 |
[15:13] | Do you understand?! | 明白吗 |
[15:14] | I’m sick of it! | 我受够了 |
[15:17] | It’s happening again. | 又开始了 |
[15:19] | Please! | 求求你 |
[15:21] | Let this be the last time. | 让这是最后一次吧 |
[15:37] | Now you can’t see… | 现在你看不到 |
[15:42] | Monster! Help me! It’s a… | 怪兽啊 救命 有… |
[15:44] | Monster. | 怪兽 |
[15:48] | Is this the creature that you saw? | 你看到的生物是这个样子吗 |
[15:52] | But with two eyes? | 不过只有两只眼 |
[15:53] | Yeah. That’s exactly it. | 对 就是它 |
[15:56] | And is this the man? | 是这个男人吗 |
[16:01] | That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you. | 这就是我想告诉你的 |
[16:03] | They’re one and the same. | 他们是同一个人 |
[16:06] | It’s a monster, Scully, plain and simple. | 它是个怪兽 简单明了 史考莉 |
[16:08] | And not just your everyday, run-of-the-mill monster, | 不是平常普通的怪兽 |
[16:10] | but we’re talking transformation here. | 而是一个变形怪 |
[16:12] | Man into monster and back again. | 人变成怪兽 再变回来 |
[16:14] | To which I know you’re going to say: | 我知道你要说 |
[16:16] | “But, Mulder, that only happens in werewolf myths | 穆德 这只会发生在狼人传说里 |
[16:18] | that were originally concocted to explain away | 而这些捏造的传说最初是为了解释 |
[16:20] | the violent behavior of people | 人类被猛兽咬了之后 |
[16:22] | who’d been bitten by rabid animals, | 产生的暴力行为 |
[16:23] | before the medical discovery of rabies.” | 那时医学上还没有发现狂犬病 |
[16:25] | But is it so outlandish to believe that some legends | 但相信一些传说是建立在真实事件的基础上 |
[16:27] | are based on actual occurrences and not just ignorance? | 而非简单的无知 真的很奇怪吗 |
[16:30] | To which I know what you’re going to say, | 我知道你对此又要说了 |
[16:32] | Scully, you’re going to say, “But, Mulder, | 史考莉你要说 穆德 |
[16:34] | it defies every known law of science and nature.” | 可是这有违一切已知的自然科学定律 |
[16:37] | Exactly, Scully– every known law. | 没错 史考莉 一切”已知”定律 |
[16:40] | What if this creature that we’ve stumbled upon | 万一我们偶然发现的这个生物 |
[16:41] | is here to create a whole new paradigm | 是为了创造一个全新的范式 |
[16:43] | for our understanding of life itself? | 来帮助我们了解生命本身呢 |
[16:46] | Or maybe science was used to create this “unnatural” being. | 又或者是科学创造了这个非自然的生命 |
[16:50] | Maybe this is some GMO experiment run amok | 这也许是某些军事制药大公司 |
[16:52] | by some military-agro-big-pharma corporation. | 乱搞的什么基因改造生物实验 |
[16:55] | Maybe this guy is its chief geneticist, | 也许这家伙就是这项实验的首席遗传学家 |
[16:58] | who recklessly experimented on himself | 他不顾一切地拿自己做实验 |
[17:00] | and now transforms into a fiend | 结果变成了一个怪兽 |
[17:01] | who needs to feast on human flesh. | 只能以人肉为食 |
[17:04] | To which I know you’re going to say: | 我知道你又要说 |
[17:06] | “But, Mulder, that sounds like the paranoid ravings | 但是穆德 这听起来像是疯子的 |
[17:08] | of some lunatic madman.” | 胡言乱语 |
[17:11] | I don’t know what this thing is going, Scully, | 我不知道它会怎么发展 史考莉 |
[17:13] | and I don’t know exactly how it came to be, I just… | 也不知道它是怎么产生的 我只是 |
[17:15] | All I’m saying is, it’s a monster. | 我想说的就是 它是个怪兽 |
[17:21] | Yeah, this is how I like my Mulder. | 我喜欢的就是这样的穆德 |
[17:24] | So you’re agreeing with me? | 那你同意我的看法 |
[17:26] | No! | 不 |
[17:28] | You’re batcrap crazy! | 你完全疯了 |
[17:29] | But what about the facts? | 但事实怎么解释 |
[17:30] | What facts? | 什么事实 |
[17:31] | This guy– | 这个家伙 |
[17:33] | who the manager just saw turn into a monster– | 经理亲眼看他变成了怪兽 |
[17:37] | was wearing the clothes of one of our victims, | 穿的衣服正是其中一个受害人的 |
[17:38] | which we did not notice at the time, | 当时我们没注意到 |
[17:40] | because we thought we were looking for an animal. | 因为我们以为要找的是一种动物 |
[17:42] | Turns out we were only half right. | 原来我们只对了一半 |
[17:44] | Yeah, okay. Well, we need to talk to this guy. | 好吧 我们得跟这家伙谈谈 |
[17:46] | Well, I doubt he’s coming back to his room. | 我觉得他不会回他的房间了 |
[17:47] | I did retrieve some personal items from it, though, | 但我找到了一些私人物品 |
[17:50] | that might help us track him down. | 也许能帮我们抓到他 |
[17:51] | Well, that sounds like a good investigative plan. | 这个调查计划听起来真不错 |
[17:54] | The first thing we need to do, though… | 不过我们首先要做的是 |
[17:59] | check out of this motel. | 结账退房 |
[18:04] | Once upon a time, there was a village | 很久很久以前 有一个小村庄 |
[18:07] | that was being tormented by a man-eating lizard-dragon. | 饱受食人蜥蜴龙的侵扰 |
[18:12] | The local constable did everything | 当地治安官用尽一切办法 |
[18:14] | to try to kill this creature, | 想杀死这个生物 |
[18:15] | but nothing could stop it. | 全都无济于事 |
[18:17] | So, finally, he visits a gypsy, | 最后 他去拜访一个吉普赛人 |
[18:20] | who tells him the only way to kill this monster | 吉普赛人告诉他 杀死怪兽只有一个办法 |
[18:24] | is to stab it in its appendix | 就是用绿玻璃做的长矛 |
[18:26] | with a lance made of green glass. | 刺进它的阑尾 |
[18:29] | Wh… why the green glass? | 为什么是绿玻璃 |
[18:31] | And why the appendix? | 还有为什么刺阑尾 |
[18:32] | Who the hell knows? | 天知道 |
[18:34] | In these old fairy tales, | 在这些古老的神话故事中 |
[18:36] | the monster must always be destroyed | 怪兽一定要死于 |
[18:38] | by some form of penetration– | 某种物体的穿入 |
[18:40] | a silver bullet, a wooden stake– | 比方说银子弹 木桩 |
[18:43] | obviously, our ancestors were as obsessed | 显然 我们的祖先跟我们一样 |
[18:46] | with impotency as we are, eh? | 痴迷于不举 |
[18:48] | So, he fashions a lance of green glass | 所以他做出了一把绿玻璃长矛 |
[18:51] | and stabs the monster in its appendix. | 刺进怪兽的阑尾 |
[18:53] | But as the monster is dying, | 但在怪兽咽气的同时 |
[18:56] | the constable realizes | 那个警察发现 |
[18:58] | he’s been looking in the mirror. | 他一直在看着镜子 |
[19:01] | He was the monster all along, you see? | 原来他就是那个怪兽 明白了吗 |
[19:04] | The moral being…? | 故事的寓意是 |
[19:06] | It’s easier to believe in monsters | 人们更容易相信怪兽 |
[19:08] | out there in the world | 存在于外面的世界 |
[19:10] | than to accept that the real monsters dwell within us | 却不愿接受潜藏在我们内心深处的怪兽 |
[19:14] | here… | 这儿 |
[19:16] | and sometimes here. | 有时在这儿 |
[19:18] | Maybe sometimes here. | 有时候也可能在这儿 |
[19:21] | Not everything can be reduced to psychology. | 不是所有事情都能简化为心理学 |
[19:23] | That’s what you think. | 这是你的想法 |
[19:25] | At any rate, | 无论如何 |
[19:26] | I was reminded of this tale | 我想起这个故事 |
[19:27] | because of your suspect’s delusion | 因为你的嫌犯有妄想症 |
[19:29] | that when the moon appears, | 觉得当月亮出现时 |
[19:31] | he would turn into a werewolf. | 他会变成狼人 |
[19:33] | Werewolf? | 狼人 |
[19:34] | I’m sorry. I meant “were-lizard.” | 抱歉 我指的是蜥蜴人 |
[19:37] | The werewolf was my patient on Monday. | 狼人是我周一的病人 |
[19:40] | At any event, | 无论如何 |
[19:41] | I prescribed for him this antipsychotic, | 我给他开了安定 |
[19:44] | but I doubt it did him much good. | 但我怀疑对他没有用 |
[19:46] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[19:48] | He seemed pretty crazy. | 他看上去挺疯狂的 |
[19:52] | Your, uh, records don’t provide much information, | 你的记录没有提供什么有用信息 |
[19:56] | and I’m assuming that Guy Mann is not a real name. | 我猜”盖·曼[人·人]”也不是真名 |
[19:59] | Do you have any idea of how I might find him? | 你知道我怎么才能找到他吗 |
[20:02] | I recommended, the next time he felt an episode coming on, | 我建议他说 下一次他感觉到要发作 |
[20:06] | that he go for a quiet stroll in the local cemetery. | 就去本地的墓地安安静静地溜达一圈 |
[20:10] | A reminder that no matter how overwhelming | 提醒自己无论他的焦虑 |
[20:13] | our anxieties might be, | 有多么沉重 |
[20:15] | they will soon be resolved, | 当我们死后 长眠于地下 |
[20:17] | when we are dead and buried for all eternity. | 这些都会归于平静 |
[20:21] | Do you really think that’s sound therapeutic advice? | 你真的觉得这是心理治疗师该给的建议吗 |
[20:25] | It’s what I do. | 这就是我的治疗风格 |
[20:27] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[20:28] | Uh… A moment. | 等等 |
[20:31] | A prescription… | 这是 |
[20:32] | for yourself. | 给你开的药方 |
[20:33] | For me? | 给我 |
[20:35] | Why me? | 为什么给我 |
[20:36] | Perhaps I’ve read you wrong, Mr. Mulder, | 或许是我看错你了 穆德先生 |
[20:38] | but I wonder: | 但我在想 |
[20:40] | who is in more need of an antipsychotic, | 究竟是谁更需要安定药 |
[20:43] | a man who believes himself to be a were-lizard | 是一个觉得自己是蜥蜴人的人 |
[20:46] | or a man who believes that man? Hmm? | 或是一个相信有蜥蜴人的人 |
[20:56] | Mulder, it’s me. | 穆德 是我 |
[20:58] | I can’t believe I’m about to say what I’m about to say, but… | 我不敢相信我会说这种话 但是… |
[21:00] | I think I just found your horny toad lizard man. | 我想我找到了你的长角蜥蜴人 |
[21:03] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的 -没错 |
[21:05] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[21:06] | At the phone store by the motel. | 旅馆附近的手机店 |
[21:09] | I think he works here. | 他好像在这里工作 |
[21:10] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就到 |
[21:12] | But, Mulder, I just got an e-mail with the lab results, | 但穆德 我刚刚收到测试结果的邮件 |
[21:16] | the blood tests from yesterday, | 昨天的血液测试 |
[21:17] | and there are some discrepancies. | 有些不对劲 |
[21:20] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[21:29] | Welcome to Smart Phones Is Us. | 欢迎来到智能手机我家强 |
[21:30] | How may I help? | 请问有什么能帮您的 |
[21:32] | I’m wondering if I can ask you some questions. | 我能不能问你几个问题 |
[21:48] | – What the hell happened? – I don’t know. | -发生了什么 -我不知道 |
[21:49] | I came in and I asked him | 我进来 问他 |
[21:51] | if I could ask him some questions, | 我能不能问几个问题 |
[21:52] | and he suddenly yelled, “I quit” | 他突然就大叫说”我辞职” |
[21:53] | and he went on a rampage. | 然后就发疯了 |
[21:54] | He fled out the back through the stockroom. | 他从后面穿过储藏室跑了 |
[21:56] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[21:57] | You know it’s not safe | 明知道在没有后援的情况下 |
[21:58] | to approach a dangerous suspect without backup. | 贸然接近疑犯是很危险的 |
[22:00] | Which way did he go? | 他从哪边走了 |
[22:02] | He went that way, down the back alley. | 从那边 去了那条小巷 |
[22:03] | But, Mulder, I got the results back from the lab, and… | 但穆德 我收到了实验室的测试结果邮件 |
[22:51] | Did you lose somebody recently? | 你最近有亲人逝世了吗 |
[22:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[22:54] | Myself. | 我自己死了 |
[22:57] | I know this sounds weird, but… | 我知道这听上去很不可思议 但是… |
[23:00] | until a few days ago, I didn’t know we die. | 一直到几天之前 我都不知道我们会死 |
[23:03] | I mean, I always knew we could die, | 我知道我们并非不死之身 |
[23:04] | I instinctively knew to avoid death, | 我本能地知道要逃避死亡 |
[23:08] | but what I didn’t know is… | 但我不知道的是 |
[23:10] | no matter what we do, | 无论我们做什么 |
[23:11] | eventually you end up in a place like this. | 最终都会葬身于此 |
[23:15] | It doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of sense, does it? | 好像有点没道理 对吧 |
[23:17] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 完全没有道理 |
[23:19] | Nothing makes sense. | 一切都没有道理 |
[23:21] | I don’t mean to intrude, | 我无意多嘴 |
[23:22] | but you seem to have something weighing heavily on you. | 但你看上去像背负着什么重担 |
[23:26] | It might help to get it off your chest. | 或许一吐为快会让你好受些 |
[23:28] | You mean… to confess? | 你是说让我忏悔 |
[23:32] | If you have something to confess. | 如果你有悔可忏的话 |
[23:35] | Well, I confess that… | 我忏悔… |
[23:37] | if life is nonsense… | 如果生活只是无稽之谈 |
[23:39] | I just want this madness to end. | 我只希望这些疯狂可以结束 |
[23:41] | But you’re not thinking of doing anything crazy, are you? | 但你没想做什么疯狂的事 对吧 |
[23:43] | No. | 没有 |
[23:45] | I’m just gonna… kill you. | 我只是要…杀了你 |
[23:49] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[23:54] | No, not the gun, you fool! | 不 不要用枪 你这个傻瓜 |
[23:57] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[24:01] | Oh, no! I’ve lost my weapon! | 不 我失去了我的武器 |
[24:03] | Here. | 刺这里 |
[24:06] | Come on, defend yourself! | 来啊 捍卫你自己 |
[24:09] | I know what you’re trying to do. | 我知道你想干什么 |
[24:11] | The green glass, the appendix. | 绿玻璃 刺阑尾 |
[24:14] | But I’m not gonna do it. | 但我不会动手的 |
[24:15] | I’m not gonna kill you. | 我不会杀了你 |
[24:18] | I want to help you. | 我想帮你 |
[24:21] | The only way you can help me, mister, is… | 先生 你能帮我的唯一途径就是… |
[24:23] | by killing me. | 杀了我 |
[24:25] | Please. | 求你了 |
[24:26] | Just put me out of my misery. | 终结我的痛苦吧 |
[24:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:32] | I’ll do it. | 我会的 |
[24:33] | I’ll kill you. | 我会杀了你 |
[24:35] | Thanks, mister. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[24:37] | You’re, like, the only nice person I’ve ever met! | 你是我遇到过的唯一好人 |
[24:40] | But first I want to hear how this happened to you. | 但首先 我要听听你身上发生了什么事 |
[24:44] | The whole story. | 完完整整地告诉我 |
[24:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:49] | But you’re gonna need this. | 但你会需要这个的 |
[24:52] | It’s a shocker. | 可惊人了 |
[25:05] | Stop! | 停下 |
[25:06] | No! | 不 |
[25:22] | Dude… | 老兄 |
[25:26] | Wait. | 等等 |
[25:27] | I’m confused already. | 我已经混乱了 |
[25:28] | You said you were going to start at the beginning. | 你说过你会从头开始说 |
[25:30] | I am. | 我就是从头开始的啊 |
[25:31] | That’s how the whole thing started. | 这就是整件事情的开端 |
[25:33] | I should have stayed still, but I panicked. | 我应该待着不动的 但是我慌了 |
[25:35] | I tried to scare off that predator. | 我想要吓跑那个捕食者 |
[25:37] | Of course, that only made him more rabid. | 当然 这只让他变得更疯狂 |
[25:39] | I didn’t even get a chance | 我都没能来得及 |
[25:40] | to shoot blood out of my eyeballs. | 从眼里射出血来自卫 |
[25:42] | So you’re saying | 你的意思是 |
[25:43] | a man bit you? | 一个人咬了你 |
[25:47] | That looks like a hickey. | 看上去跟吻痕似的 |
[25:49] | Well, it looks different when I’m normal. | 在我恢复常态的时候会看上去不一样的 |
[25:50] | Is this what you look like when you’re “Normal”? | 这是你所谓的”常态”的样子吗 |
[25:55] | What? | 什么 |
[25:57] | Three eyes? | 三只眼 |
[25:58] | But yeah, that’s actually quite close. | 但确实 这确实挺像的 |
[26:00] | So wh… when did you… | 所以你什么时候… |
[26:03] | first transform? | 第一次变身的 |
[26:05] | Oh, that didn’t happen till the next morning. | 第二天早上发生的 |
[26:10] | My transformation wasn’t just physical but mental. | 我的变身不仅是形体上的还是心灵上的 |
[26:15] | I heard a voice in my head. | 我听到脑海中有个声音 |
[26:17] | My voice. | 我的声音 |
[26:18] | I became conscious of my own self-consciousness | 我开始有了自我意识 |
[26:21] | and then I had my very first thought: | 然后我有了第一个想法 |
[26:24] | “I’m naked!” | “我光着身子” |
[26:26] | I became overcome | 我开始迫切地 |
[26:27] | by some irrational need to cover up. | 想要找东西遮盖自己的身体 |
[26:32] | For some unknown reason, | 也不知道为什么 |
[26:33] | there was a bunch of dead bodies lying around. | 那附近有一堆尸体 |
[26:40] | Now, I had never worn clothes before, | 我之前从没穿过衣服 |
[26:41] | but through some primordial instinct, I… | 但原始的本能让我… |
[26:44] | I knew how to put them on. | 明白如何穿上衣服 |
[26:47] | Once clothed, I became… possessed. | 我一穿上衣服就跟着魔一样 |
[26:49] | I fought against it as much as I could, | 我尽力与之对抗 |
[26:51] | but I lost control. | 但我失去了控制 |
[26:54] | I had to go on a hunt. | 我必须要去狩猎 |
[26:55] | I had to hunt down a… a… | 我必须捕到一个… |
[26:58] | A human victim? | 一名人类受害者吗 |
[26:59] | No, a job. | 不 一份工作 |
[27:03] | My craze wouldn’t be satiated | 在我找到稳定的工作之前 |
[27:04] | until I found steady work. | 我的那种狂热根本无法遏制 |
[27:07] | So I walked straight into town | 所以我直接去了镇上 |
[27:08] | and rather tragically I… | 可悲的是我… |
[27:10] | I found something right away. | 我很快就找到工作了 |
[27:11] | Now, this model comes with 3,000 gigabertz of Pixel/Bitz… | 这个机型的分辨率有3000千兆赫 |
[27:15] | It’s perfect for me. | 那工作非常适合我 |
[27:17] | I have no idea what I’m saying, | 我完全不知道我在说什么 |
[27:18] | and neither do my customers. | 我的顾客也都听不懂 |
[27:19] | You can see from the shape of it | 你可以从它的形状看出 |
[27:20] | that it’s quite rectangular… | 它非常方… |
[27:22] | By the end of the day, I was the manager. | 结果那天结束 我就升职当经理了 |
[27:24] | Putting aside the logistics | 我们先不说 |
[27:25] | of no Social Security number, no references… | 你没有社保号和推荐信这种漏洞… |
[27:28] | I don’t need any of that stuff. | 我根本不需要那些东西 |
[27:30] | You see, now I possess the one Darwinian advantage | 现在我拥有一个人类的优势 |
[27:32] | that humans have over other animals: | 一个人类比任何生物都强的优势 |
[27:35] | the ability to BS my way through anything. | 任何东西我都能胡扯一番 |
[27:37] | I mean, it’s better than camouflage! | 这比有伪装色还棒 |
[27:39] | You wouldn’t happen to be, uh, | 你不会恰巧 |
[27:40] | BSing me right now about all this, would you? | 也胡扯出了这段经历吧 |
[27:42] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道 或许吧 |
[27:45] | I don’t understand half the things I’m telling you. | 我跟你说的事我自己都不怎么理解 |
[27:47] | I find that… disconcerting. | 我觉得那…很令人不安 |
[27:50] | What’s even more disturbing | 更令人不安的 |
[27:51] | is what I did after work that first day. | 是我第一天下班后做的事 |
[27:54] | I was so exhausted, | 我当时特别累 |
[27:56] | out of my mind, I… | 失魂落魄 我… |
[27:59] | I committed a murder. | 我杀生了 |
[28:01] | Who did you kill? | 你杀了谁 |
[28:03] | A cow. | 一头牛 |
[28:04] | I’d like a double cheeseburger and a large order of fries. | 我要一个双层芝士汉堡和一大份薯条 |
[28:08] | Sir, if you’re not in a car, | 先生 如果你没有开车 |
[28:09] | you have to come inside to order. | 你必须进来点餐 |
[28:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:12] | In your natural state, | 在你正常状态下 |
[28:14] | you’re a vegetarian? | 你是吃素吗 |
[28:15] | No, an insectivore. | 不 吃昆虫 |
[28:17] | But no one likes insects, | 但没人关心昆虫的死活 |
[28:18] | not even other insects. | 连昆虫都不在乎其它昆虫 |
[28:21] | Anyway, I-I took my kill, | 总之 我杀了牛 |
[28:23] | checked into a motel, | 住进了小旅馆 |
[28:24] | and then I just spent the rest of the day | 之后剩下的时间我都在 |
[28:26] | helplessly watching… porn. | 无可救药地看…黄片 |
[28:42] | But then, sometime during the night, | 之后 夜里的某个时候 |
[28:44] | a change occurred. | 我的身体发生了转变 |
[28:59] | Yeah, all right! | 棒 太好了 |
[29:06] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[29:07] | Whoo, yeah! | 棒 |
[29:09] | I’m back, baby! | 我变回来了 |
[29:14] | I was myself again. | 我又回归自我了 |
[29:16] | And everything was fine… | 一切都很好… |
[29:18] | until the next morning. | 直到第二天早上 |
[29:53] | Coffee. | 咖啡 |
[29:54] | Need coffee. | 我需要咖啡 |
[29:57] | Alas, I was human again. | 真可悲 我又变成人了 |
[30:08] | I went back to work. | 我回去工作 |
[30:09] | But now that I had a job, | 但现在我有了工作 |
[30:11] | all I could think about was how much I hated my job. | 我唯一的想法就是我讨厌我的工作 |
[30:15] | Oh, that’s it. I quit! | 够了 我要辞职 |
[30:20] | But I was too overcome with human fear to quit. | 但我又充满了人类对辞职的恐惧感 |
[30:23] | How would I pay my bills? | 我辞职了拿什么付账单 |
[30:25] | Without a job, I’d-I’d never get a loan | 没有了工作 我永远贷不到款 |
[30:27] | and start a mortgage, whatever that is. | 买不起房 不管那是什么意思 |
[30:30] | Already I was terrified | 我已经开始害怕 |
[30:31] | I wasn’t saving enough for my retirement. | 我要是存不够养老的钱该怎么办 |
[30:33] | And what else was I supposed to do? | 而且我还能去做什么呢 |
[30:35] | If I haven’t written my novel by now, | 如果我现在都还没开始写小说 |
[30:37] | I’m never going to write it, you know? | 我永远都写不成的 你明白吗 |
[30:39] | I just couldn’t go on. | 我没办法继续下去了 |
[30:40] | So I… I visited a witch doctor. | 所以我…去看了巫医 |
[30:44] | Psychiatrist. | 心理医生 |
[30:46] | But the medicine he gave me didn’t cure me, | 但他给我开的药没有治好我 |
[30:48] | it just clouded my thoughts. | 只是蒙蔽了我的思想 |
[30:50] | And as a result, I… | 结果 我… |
[30:52] | I did something insane. | 我做了一件疯狂的事 |
[30:54] | You attacked and killed someone? | 你袭击杀害他人了吗 |
[30:55] | No, I got a puppy! | 不 我买了一条狗 |
[30:57] | I named him Daggoo. | 我叫他达古 |
[30:59] | Daggoo! | 达古 |
[31:00] | Daggoo! | 达古 |
[31:01] | Daggoo. | 达古 |
[31:02] | And I quickly realized | 很快我意识到 |
[31:03] | that the only way to be happy as a human | 唯一能够开心做人的方法 |
[31:05] | was to spend all of your time | 就是花所有时间 |
[31:06] | in the company of non-humans. | 和非人类在一起 |
[31:10] | We played all through the night. | 我们玩了一晚上 |
[31:13] | But the next day, | 但是第二天 |
[31:14] | when I came home from work… | 我下班回家… |
[31:16] | Daggoo, I’m home! | 达古 我回来啦 |
[31:18] | Daggoo? | 达古 |
[31:21] | Daggoo! | 达古 |
[31:22] | Well, I guess the maid must have accidentally let him out. | 我猜女佣肯定是不小心把它放出去了 |
[31:27] | Daggoo! | 达古 |
[31:29] | Daggoo! | 达古 |
[31:30] | I searched everywhere. All night long. | 我到处找遍了 找了一晚上 |
[31:33] | But it was hopeless. | 但完全没用 |
[31:35] | Daggoo! | 达古 |
[31:36] | Because life’s hopeless. | 因为人生本来就是没有希望的 |
[31:38] | A few fleeting moments of happiness, | 一些转瞬即逝的快乐 |
[31:40] | surrounded by crushing loss and grief. | 被令人崩溃的失落与悲伤围绕 |
[31:43] | Daggoo! | 达古 |
[31:45] | Daggoo… | 达古… |
[31:48] | Why bother? | 何苦呢 |
[31:54] | Just when I’d given up the search… | 就当我放弃寻找时… |
[31:56] | I saw him. | 我看到了他 |
[31:57] | Daggoo?! | 达古 |
[31:58] | No. | 不 |
[31:59] | No, the man who had bit me | 不 是那个咬了我 |
[32:01] | and turned me into a human. | 并把我变成人类的人 |
[32:03] | Just catching sight of that son of a bitch | 看到那个混蛋 |
[32:05] | made me even more human, | 让我变得更像人类了 |
[32:07] | because I was filled with the one thing | 因为我满脑子都想着 |
[32:08] | that only humans can understand: revenge. | 一件只有人类能理解的事 复仇 |
[32:12] | I got up and I stalked after him. | 我站起来 慢慢逼近他 |
[32:13] | I just wanted to… | 我只想… |
[32:14] | Strangle him and eat his flesh? | 掐死他然后吃了他吗 |
[32:16] | Yes! | 没错 |
[32:17] | Now we’re getting somewhere. | 终于有进展了 |
[32:18] | But just as I was about to do that… | 但我正准备这么做的时候 |
[32:20] | I saw him do the same thing to someone else. | 我看到他正对另一个人做同样的事情 |
[32:26] | I’d never seen such pointless brutality. | 我从没见过如此毫无意义的暴行 |
[32:33] | I was so transfixed by the horror | 我被这恐怖景象吓呆了 |
[32:34] | that I didn’t notice the moon had come out. | 都没注意到月亮已经升起 |
[32:40] | But having caught a glimpse | 光是看到 |
[32:41] | of what human nature was capable of, | 残酷人性的冰山一角 |
[32:43] | I wanted no more part of it. | 我就再也不想做人类了 |
[32:44] | I decided to shed my clothes and return to the wild! | 我决定脱下我的衣服 回归野外 |
[32:52] | Man, she hit like a man. | 她揍人像男人一样狠 |
[32:55] | That’s because she used to be… | 那是因为她以前就是… |
[32:58] | uh, she once… | 她以前… |
[33:00] | She’s transgender. | 她是个变性人 |
[33:01] | What? | 什么 |
[33:03] | You can’t transform into a different sex! | 你不可能变成另外一种性别 |
[33:04] | That’s nuts! | 那太疯狂了 |
[33:05] | It’s not nuts. | 那不疯狂 |
[33:06] | It’s actually a very common medical procedure. | 那其实只需要很普通的医疗手段而已 |
[33:08] | You don’t need the surgery, technically… | 严格来说都不需要做手术… |
[33:10] | Maybe that’s what I could do! | 也许我该去做那个 |
[33:11] | It’s a cure! | 能治好我 |
[33:11] | No. | 不能 |
[33:12] | Well, I’ve got to stop transforming. | 我不能再变形了 |
[33:14] | I’ll do the surgery. | 我去做那个手术 |
[33:15] | Completely different. | 完全不一样 |
[33:16] | I don’t care how much it costs, | 我不管要花多少钱 |
[33:17] | I’ll do it. | 我去做 |
[33:18] | They cut off your genitals. | 他们会切掉你的生殖器 |
[33:22] | Nah, I’ll leave it. | 那就算了 |
[33:23] | That’s… that’s a step too far, isn’t it? | 那 那太过分了 是不是 |
[33:25] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -是 -好吧 |
[33:27] | Well, anyway, I think she gave me a concussion. | 无论如何 我觉得她把我打出脑震荡了 |
[33:30] | Rest of the night’s pretty foggy. | 那天晚上之后的记忆都很模糊 |
[33:31] | Some people chased me around a truck, | 有人绕着辆卡车追我 |
[33:34] | and a man took a picture of me in the Porta Potti. | 一个人在移动厕所里给我拍了张照 |
[33:37] | That was me, actually. | 那其实是我 |
[33:39] | I thought I recognized you! | 我就觉得你很眼熟 |
[33:41] | But wait… how could you have changed back into a man? | 但等等 你怎么会变回人类的呢 |
[33:43] | It wasn’t morning yet. | 当时还没到早上 |
[33:45] | I don’t know how it works. I’m not a scientist. | 我又不知道变形的规律 我不是科学家 |
[33:47] | I’m just looking for some kind of internal logic. | 我只是想找出这里面内在的逻辑联系 |
[33:50] | Why? | 为什么 |
[33:51] | There isn’t an external logic to any of it. | 这连外在的逻辑联系都没有 |
[33:53] | I mean, I went back to the motel, | 后来我回到了汽车旅馆 |
[33:55] | and a jackalope head on the wall started screaming at me. | 结果墙上一个鹿角兔的脑袋开始冲我尖叫 |
[33:58] | Explain that. | 你解释看看 |
[33:59] | And I’m creeped out by jackalopes, | 自从我一个朋友被鹿角兔撞伤 |
[34:00] | ever since a friend of mine got gored by one. | 我就特别害怕鹿角兔 |
[34:03] | Jackalopes aren’t real. | 没有鹿角兔这种东西 |
[34:04] | They-they were a hoax perpetrated by | 鹿角兔是1932年怀俄明州 |
[34:07] | a Wyoming taxidermist in 1932. | 一个动物标本制作师制造的骗局 |
[34:09] | They… they don’t exist. | 鹿角兔根本不存在 |
[34:11] | Well, I’d like to see you explain that | 我倒想看你跟我那死去的朋友乔治 |
[34:12] | to my dead friend, George! | 解释看看 |
[34:15] | Anyway, | 无论如何 |
[34:16] | I fled the motel, | 我从旅馆逃走了 |
[34:18] | turned into a human again the next morning | 第二天早上又变成了人类 |
[34:19] | and went into work. | 继续去工作 |
[34:22] | Welcome to Smart Phones Is Us. | 欢迎来到智能手机我家强 |
[34:24] | How may I help? | 请问您有什么需要 |
[34:25] | I’m wondering if I can ask you some questions. | 能不能问你几个问题 |
[34:28] | I think maybe my phone isn’t working right, | 我觉得我的手机坏了 |
[34:30] | ’cause guys don’t send me pictures of their junk on it. | 因为男人都不给我发他们丁丁的照片了 |
[34:34] | I think maybe I’d like to… take a picture of yours. | 我在想能不能拍一张你的 |
[34:42] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[34:44] | I want to make you say “Cheese.” | 我想让你说”茄子” |
[34:52] | You’re an animal! | 你是头野兽 |
[34:54] | An animal! | 一头野兽 |
[34:56] | This feels good! | 感觉真好 |
[34:57] | Oh, don’t stop! | 别停 |
[35:00] | Don’t… | 别… |
[35:01] | Stop. | 停 |
[35:03] | That… did not happen. | 这可没发生 |
[35:06] | I know it’s hard to believe, | 我知道这很难让人相信 |
[35:07] | but apparently I’m terrific in the sack. | 但很明显我床上技术非常棒 |
[35:11] | You made that up. | 那是你编造的 |
[35:15] | All right, you got me. | 好吧 被你看出来了 |
[35:16] | Ever since I became a human, | 自从我变成了人类 |
[35:18] | I can’t help but lie about my sex life. | 我就抑制不住想说关于性生活的谎话 |
[35:21] | But that’s the only untruthful bit | 但整个故事里只有这一部分 |
[35:23] | in the whole story. | 是假的 |
[35:24] | So please… | 所以拜托你 |
[35:27] | will you kill me now? | 请你杀了我好吗 |
[35:30] | You don’t believe me, do you? | 你不相信我 对吗 |
[35:32] | I thought I was going to believe you, | 我以为我会相信你 |
[35:34] | but it’s all… | 但这全都… |
[35:34] | it’s just too… fantastic. | 就是太…太巧合了 |
[35:38] | It’s not fantastic. | 这可不是巧合 |
[35:39] | It’s tragic! | 这就是悲剧 |
[35:40] | No, I mean it’s just… silly. | 不是 我是说这太蠢了 |
[35:43] | That’s my life you’re talking about. | 你说的可是我的人生 |
[35:45] | It’s my life, too. | 也是我的人生 |
[35:47] | You and me, we’re the same, Guy. | 你和我 我们都一样 盖 |
[35:49] | We both want to believe in things that aren’t real | 我们都愿意相信不真实的东西 |
[35:52] | or even possible. | 甚至不可能存在的东西 |
[35:54] | “There are more things in Heaven and Earth, | “天地之间有许多事情 |
[35:56] | than are dreamt of in…” | 是你的哲学里…” |
[35:56] | “…your philosophy.” I know that. | “所没有梦想到的” 我知道 |
[35:58] | Ah, but did you know the First Folio version reads: | 那你知道在《第一对开本》里写的是 |
[36:01] | “Than are dreamt of in our philosophy”? | “是我们的哲学里所没有梦想到的”吗 |
[36:04] | So Hamlet is not just calling Horatio an ignorant idiot, | 所以哈姆雷特认为无知的不止霍拉旭一个 |
[36:07] | he’s calling us all ignorant idiots? | 他是说我们都是无知的笨蛋吗 |
[36:09] | It’s a comforting thought, isn’t it? | 这让人欣慰 不是吗 |
[36:11] | Because if there’s nothing more to life | 因为如果人生中只有 |
[36:13] | than what we already know, | 我们已知的东西 |
[36:15] | then there’s nothing but… worries, | 那人生就只剩忧虑 |
[36:18] | self-doubt, | 自我怀疑 |
[36:20] | regret | 悔恨 |
[36:21] | and loneliness. | 和孤独了 |
[36:26] | Foxman, | 福克斯 |
[36:27] | you’ve got to put me out of my misery! | 你一定要把我从不幸中拯救出来 |
[36:29] | I don’t want to wake up tomorrow and have to go to work! | 我不想明早起来又要去工作 |
[36:33] | What the hell’s this? | 这是什么 |
[36:37] | You’re the fuzz? | 你是条子吗 |
[36:38] | I’m in town investigating the murders. | 我是来调查谋杀案的 |
[36:41] | And you think I’d do something like that? | 你觉得我能做出那种事吗 |
[36:43] | What kind of a monster do you think I am? | 你以为我是怪兽吗 |
[36:46] | You didn’t want to help me, | 你根本不想帮助我 |
[36:47] | you just wanted to arrest me for something I didn’t do. | 你只想为了我没做的事来逮捕我 |
[36:50] | Who takes advantage of someone like that? | 谁会这么利用别人 |
[36:54] | A human, that’s who. | 只有人类做得出来 |
[36:57] | Human rat fink! | 会告密的卑鄙人类 |
[37:00] | I’m not delusional. | 我可没有妄想症 |
[37:01] | I know what I am. | 我知道自己是什么 |
[37:02] | I’m no monster. | 我可不是怪兽 |
[37:04] | You’re the monster! | 你才是怪兽 |
[37:06] | J’accuse Monsieur Mulder! | 我控诉 穆德先生 |
[37:10] | Run for your lives! | 逃命去吧 |
[37:12] | There’s a monster! | 这里有只怪兽 |
[37:14] | Run! | 快跑 |
[37:15] | Monster! | 有怪兽 |
[37:18] | Monster! | 有怪兽 |
[37:39] | Hey, Scully. | 史考莉 |
[37:40] | Hey, Mulder, where have you been? | 穆德 你去哪了 |
[37:43] | I fell off the wagon, Scully. | 我又犯老毛病了 史考莉 |
[37:46] | I got a little taste of my old monster-hunting ways | 我尝到了一丝当年追查怪兽的甜头 |
[37:49] | and then I downed the whole bottle. | 就忘乎所以 一瓶见底了 |
[37:50] | I take it you found your were-lizard? | 看来你找到你的蜥蜴人了 |
[37:53] | Yeah, it turns out it wasn’t a man who turns into a lizard, | 是的 结果发现不是人变成了蜥蜴 |
[37:55] | it was a lizard who turns into a man. | 而是蜥蜴变成了人 |
[37:56] | I don’t see the difference. | 我不明白这有什么区别 |
[37:58] | That’s the point, Scully, there is no difference. | 没错 史考莉 这根本没区别 |
[38:00] | Both scenarios are equally foolish. | 两种情形都足够愚蠢 |
[38:02] | And I was foolish to believe… | 而我居然蠢到去相信… |
[38:05] | Well, maybe I was just a fool, Scully. | 或许我本来就是个愚人 史考莉 |
[38:08] | Maybe I always have been. | 或许我一直都是 |
[38:11] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[38:12] | I’m at the animal shelter. | 我在动物收容所 |
[38:14] | I’m waiting to see that animal control officer. | 我在等那个动物管制员 |
[38:17] | So he didn’t quit after all, huh? | 所以他还是没有辞职啊 |
[38:18] | No, I guess maybe he’s like us. | 没有 我猜他也像我们一样 |
[38:21] | Some jobs keep pulling you back. | 总是不断干回老本行 |
[38:25] | What was that? What happened? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[38:26] | This little puppy here just tried to take a bite out of me. | 这只小狗刚才差点咬到我 |
[38:32] | A bite? | 咬 |
[38:33] | He’s a cute little guy, though. | 不过他还是只很可爱的小家伙 |
[38:35] | S03E04E12E22 | 史考莉从前养的狗 也以《白鲸记》人物命名 |
[38:35] | Kind of reminds me of Queequeg. | 让我想起魁克尔 |
[38:39] | You know, there was a recent comparative cognition study that showed | 你知道吗 最近有一项比较认知学研究显示 |
[38:43] | that dogs hold hostilities toward people that harm their masters? | 狗对于伤害自己主人的人会一直保持敌意 |
[38:47] | I mean, I guess maybe I miss having a dog to love… | 我想我有点怀念养狗的时光了 |
[38:51] | …and someone to hold my grudges for me. | 还能让它帮我记仇 |
[38:56] | Scully? | 史考莉 |
[38:59] | This is Agent Mulder with the FBI. | 我是联调局的穆德探员 |
[39:00] | I need emergency backup to the animal control shelter. | 我需要派遣应急警员前往动物收容所 |
[39:04] | And where the hell is the animal control shelter? | 还有那个动物收容所在什么鬼地方 |
[39:07] | Scully! | 史考莉 |
[39:12] | You missed all the fun. | 你错过好戏了 |
[39:15] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[39:16] | Yeah, but I hate to disappoint you. | 没事 不过很抱歉让你失望了 |
[39:17] | It wasn’t some monster running around, | 并不是怪兽在到处乱跑 |
[39:19] | killing people and eating their flesh; | 杀人吃肉 |
[39:20] | it was a normal human being. | 都是一个普通人类干的 |
[39:22] | Did you know it was him before coming here? | 你来之前就知道是他干的吗 |
[39:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:25] | That one autopsy result showed | 验尸结果发现 |
[39:27] | that the actual cause of death was strangulation. | 受害者其实是被勒死的 |
[39:30] | And so, on a hunch, | 于是出于直觉 |
[39:31] | I analyzed the pole that he left behind, | 我化验了他落下的套杆 |
[39:32] | and there was tissue and blood from previous victims. | 发现上面有之前那些受害者的细胞组织和血迹 |
[39:35] | It all started when I was a child… | 一切都是从我小时候开始的… |
[39:38] | this uncontrollable urge to torture small animals. | 那种想要折磨小动物的冲动难以控制 |
[39:41] | As I got older, my compulsion didn’t vanish… | 长大后 那种冲动并没有消失 |
[39:42] | Okay, all right. Leave it for the trial. | 好了 好了 等到法庭上再说吧 |
[39:45] | You’re right, Mulder: | 你是对的 穆德 |
[39:46] | you’ve seen one serial killer, you’ve seen them all. | 见过一个连环杀手 就知道他们都什么样了 |
[39:48] | But I have a whole speech prepared | 可我准备了一整套说辞 |
[39:50] | – that I… – Come on. | -我… -走吧 |
[39:54] | Scully, that is the second time | 史考莉 你这已经是第二次 |
[39:55] | you’ve approached a dangerous suspect without backup. | 在没有后援的情况下独自接近危险嫌犯了 |
[39:58] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[39:59] | Thought maybe you’d want some more quality time | 我觉得你可能想和你的蜥蜴人 |
[40:01] | with your lizard man. | 多厮守一会儿 |
[40:03] | S03E04中老术士预言史考莉将永生 S06E10中不死人疑似将永生能力传给了她 | |
[40:03] | Besides, you forget– I’m immortal. | 而且你忘了 我是永生不死的 |
[40:08] | Mulder, how did you figure out it was him? | 穆德 你是怎么猜到是他的 |
[40:11] | Oh, I was going over those photos I took | 我在翻看我之前拍的那些照片 |
[40:13] | and I realized one was of a bite mark, | 意识到有一张拍到的是咬痕 |
[40:15] | so if Guy’s story were true, | 所以如果盖说的是真的 |
[40:16] | it means he must have been bitten by… | 那就意味着他被咬… |
[40:21] | If Guy’s story were true? | 如果盖说的是真的 |
[40:29] | Hey, buddy. | 小家伙 |
[40:30] | You want to come home with me? | 想跟我回家吗 |
[40:44] | Guy! | 盖 |
[40:46] | Hey, Guy. | 盖 |
[40:49] | We caught the killer. | 我们抓住了那个凶手 |
[40:51] | So? | 所以呢 |
[40:52] | So… for a while there, | 所以…之前我曾经 |
[40:53] | I thought maybe it was you. | 以为凶手是你 |
[40:55] | Well, thanks… I guess. | 那谢谢了 我猜我该说谢谢 |
[40:57] | It means that I… I know now… | 这就意味着 我现在知道 |
[41:00] | you were telling the truth. | 你说的是真话 |
[41:02] | Sounds like you’re still unsure. | 听起来你好像还不确定 |
[41:05] | Well, you have to admit, it’s, uh… | 你得承认 这故事… |
[41:07] | it’s a little absurd. | 这故事实在有点荒唐 |
[41:09] | A little bit absurd? | 有点荒唐 |
[41:11] | It’s a lot absurd. | 荒唐透顶了 |
[41:13] | I mean, look at this thing. | 瞧瞧这东西 |
[41:15] | Whose genius idea was it | 这是谁想出来的天才主意 |
[41:16] | to tie a piece of cloth around your neck? | 把一块破布系在脖子上 |
[41:19] | It’s waiting to strangle you. | 简直是等着被它勒死 |
[41:21] | Do you want a hat? | 你想要帽子吗 |
[41:22] | No. | 不要 |
[41:24] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[41:26] | This is the time for my kind to go into hibernation. | 到了我们种族冬眠的时间了 |
[41:29] | I’m hoping I won’t turn into a human again during it, | 希望我不会在冬眠期间又变成人了 |
[41:33] | and maybe when I wake up again, | 或许等我醒来 |
[41:35] | I will have slept off this whole transformation thing. | 这种变化症状能消失 |
[41:38] | I didn’t know that, uh, reptiles hibernated. | 我不知道爬虫类也要冬眠 |
[41:41] | I’m not a reptile. | 我可不是爬虫类 |
[41:42] | That’s racist! | 你这是种族歧视 |
[41:43] | O-O-Okay… Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[41:45] | How-how long do you hibernate for? | 那你要冬眠多久 |
[41:48] | Well, I never really did get the hang | 我从没真正掌握 |
[41:49] | of human constructs of time. | 人类的时间计量概念 |
[41:52] | Let me see… | 让我想想 |
[41:54] | Uh, lunar cycles, you got four of those, | 月相周期 你们有四种变化 |
[41:56] | then you got your seasons, just… | 然后你们还有季节 |
[41:59] | 10,000 years. | 一万年 |
[42:01] | That’s… not possible. | 这…不可能 |
[42:04] | There you go again, not believing me! | 又来了 你就是不相信我 |
[42:11] | I want to believe. | 我想相信 |
[42:22] | I don’t mean to get too personal, but… | 我不想弄得太伤感 可… |
[42:26] | …this has been a real trying time for me. | 这几天我过得真的很艰难 |
[42:28] | I’ve been through a lot. | 经历了很多事 |
[42:30] | But just having someone like you to… | 但能有你这样一个人来… |
[42:35] | Look, what I’m trying to say is… | 我想说的是… |
[42:38] | I’m glad to have met you. | 能认识你 我很高兴 |
[42:45] | Like… | 我… |
[43:09] | Likewise. | 我也是 |