时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I’ve been corresponding with Dr. John Sturgis | 我跟约翰·斯特吉斯博士一直有通信 |
[00:05] | at East Texas Tech. | 他在东德克萨斯理工大学教书 |
[00:06] | He said I could audit his course. | 他说我能去旁听他的课 |
[00:08] | I’m John Sturgis. | 我是约翰·斯特吉斯 |
[00:09] | Sheldon invited me to dinner. | 谢尔顿邀请我来共进晚餐 |
[00:11] | Spaghetti and hot dogs is delightful. | 意面配热狗丁真是超好吃 |
[00:14] | You’re only here temporarily? | 这表示你只是暂时待在这个城市吗 |
[00:15] | That’s the plan for now, | 目前的计划是这样 |
[00:17] | but I could be enticed to stay. | 但如果有理由留下 我也可以留 |
[00:21] | I do believe there was subtext there. | 姥姥 我觉得他话中有话 |
[00:23] | Did you pick up on it? | 你有听出弦外之音吗 |
[00:26] | Okay. | 好了 |
[00:27] | I’ll see you later. | 我们晚点见 |
[00:28] | Are you sure you don’t want to stay with me? | 你确定你不要留下来陪我吗 |
[00:30] | I don’t think so. I don’t really understand this stuff. | 算了吧 我也听不懂这些东西 |
[00:32] | That’s how I felt when we watched Dirty Dancing, | 我看电影《辣身舞》时也是这感觉啊 |
[00:35] | and I stayed. | 但我也没走 |
[00:36] | When Patrick Swayze takes his shirt off in here, | 当那电影男主角在这里脱下上衣时 |
[00:38] | I’ll be back. You have a good one. | 我会回来的 你好好上课 |
[00:48] | Hello. | 你好 |
[00:49] | Hi. | 你好 |
[00:51] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[00:53] | I’m Paige. | 我叫佩吉 |
[00:54] | I like your bow tie. | 我喜欢你的领结 |
[00:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:57] | You seem awfully young, Paige. | 你看起来非常年轻啊 佩吉 |
[00:59] | Are you with an adult who’s taking this class? | 你是班上哪位成人带来的吗 |
[01:01] | No. Dr. Sturgis heard about my research | 不是 约翰·斯特吉斯博士 |
[01:04] | on quantum chromodynamics at high temperatures | 听了我关于高温下的量子色动力学演讲 |
[01:06] | and invited me to audit his course. | 之后就邀请我来旁听他的课 |
[01:08] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[01:09] | Yes. He’s been super nice. | 对啊 他对我超好 |
[01:12] | Interesting. Well, just so we’re clear, | 有意思 我先说清楚 |
[01:14] | he’s my mentor, he’s my meemaw’s boyfriend, | 她是我的导师 也是我姥姥的男朋友 |
[01:17] | and he had spaghetti and hot dogs at my house. | 他还来我家吃过意粉配热狗丁 |
[01:20] | The spaghetti goes on the hot dogs? | 热狗上有意粉吗 |
[01:23] | No. | 不是的 |
[01:24] | You realize this is a very advanced class. | 你知道这是十分进阶的课程吧 |
[01:26] | We’ll be discussing deriving nuclear physics from the quark model. | 我们会谈到从夸克模型推导核子物理 |
[01:29] | Do you know if he’ll be doing a | 你知道他会不会 |
[01:31] | full color octet calculation with matrix manipulations? | 教用矩阵乘法做八色胶子运算吗 |
[01:35] | I do not. | 我不知道 |
[01:36] | Do you know how to differentiate under the integral sign? | 那你知道怎么做莱布尼茨积分法则吗 |
[01:40] | No. | 不会 |
[01:41] | Well, do you know anything? | 那你知道什么吗 |
[01:44] | I know you’re in my spot. | 我知道你坐了我的专座 |
[01:47] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:50] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:53] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:55] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:58] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:09] | How old are you? | 你几岁啊 |
[02:10] | I’m ten. | 我十岁 |
[02:12] | I’m ten, too. | 我也十岁 |
[02:14] | When’s your birthday? | 你的生日是几月几号 |
[02:15] | February 26. | 2月26号 |
[02:17] | March 17. | 我3月17号 |
[02:20] | I’m the youngest person in this class. | 我是全班最小的孩子呢 |
[02:22] | That’s funny. | 真有意思 |
[02:26] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[02:28] | I see you two have met. | 你们俩已经见过面啦 |
[02:30] | I’m younger than him. | 我比他还小 |
[02:31] | How come you never mentioned she was coming to this class? | 你怎么没提过她要来上这门课 |
[02:34] | I thought it would be a fun surprise. | 我觉得会是个有趣的惊喜嘛 |
[02:36] | I don’t like surprises. | 我不喜欢惊喜 |
[02:38] | Neither do I. | 我也不喜欢 |
[02:39] | Then why did you do it? | 那你为什么还这么做 |
[02:41] | Some people like surprises. | 有些人喜欢惊喜啊 |
[02:43] | I love surprises. | 我喜欢惊喜 |
[02:44] | Did you enjoy this one? | 那你喜欢这个惊喜吗 |
[02:45] | – Yes. – A 50% success rate. | -喜欢 -5成成功率 |
[02:49] | Not bad. Let’s get started. | 还不错 开始上课吧 |
[02:53] | Not since sharing a uterus with my twin sister | 从跟我姐姐分享我妈妈的子宫之后 |
[02:55] | have I been so unhappy sitting next to someone. | 我还没有这么不爽地坐在别人旁边过 |
[03:07] | Awful quiet back there. | 某人在后座很安静啊 |
[03:10] | I’m having an emotion I’m unfamiliar with. | 我有一种我不太熟悉的情绪 |
[03:14] | Hmm. Think it might have something to do with your new classmate? | 会不会是跟今天有了新同学有关呢 |
[03:18] | It’s possible. | 有可能 |
[03:19] | She’s the only variable in the social equation. | 她是我的社交方程中唯一的新变数 |
[03:22] | So what are you feeling? | 你有什么感觉 |
[03:24] | My face is hot, | 我脸蛋发热 |
[03:25] | I’ve a knot in my stomach, | 肚子里仿佛打了结 |
[03:27] | and I’m resisting the urge to kick your seat right now. | 我还得忍着踢你椅背的冲动 |
[03:30] | I’m thinking it might be jealousy. | 我觉得有可能是嫉妒 |
[03:32] | No, that’s not in my nature. | 不可能 我的性格里没有嫉妒 |
[03:34] | All right, let’s go through all the emotions. | 行吧 那来用删去法 |
[03:37] | I’m looking at your face, | 我看了看你的脸部表情 |
[03:38] | so I’m gonna rule out happy. | 我觉得可以删掉开心 |
[03:41] | Are you sad? | 你难过吗 |
[03:42] | No, there’s too much anger in there. | 不 情绪里有太多愤怒 |
[03:43] | Oh, well, maybe you’re angry. | 那或许你是生气 |
[03:45] | No, there’s too much sad in there. | 不 情绪里也包含太多难过 |
[03:47] | Maybe you got a little crush on her. | 或许你是暗恋上了她 |
[03:48] | Do you want me to kick your seat? | 你是想要我踢你椅背吗 |
[03:50] | I don’t know, Moonpie. | 我不知道了 小饼饼 |
[03:52] | I’m still thinking it might be jealousy. | 我还是觉得你是嫉妒了 |
[03:54] | Give me one reason why I would be jealous. | 给我一个我可能嫉妒的理由 |
[03:57] | Well, Dr. Sturgis means a lot to you, | 你很在乎斯特吉斯博士 |
[04:00] | and now he’s paying attention to somebody else. | 而现在他把注意力都放在别人身上 |
[04:03] | You’re used to being the only smart kid around, | 你曾经是班里唯一的一个聪明孩子 |
[04:05] | and now there’s another. | 现在又多了一个 |
[04:07] | Oh, and there’s the possibility… | 而且还有可能… |
[04:08] | I said one reason, thank you. | 我让你说一个理由而已 谢谢啊 |
[04:16] | Hello? | 你好 |
[04:17] | Hello, Mary. | 你好啊 玛丽 |
[04:18] | This is John Sturgis, | 我是约翰·斯特吉斯 |
[04:20] | Sheldon’s professor and your mother’s lover. | 谢尔顿的教授也是你母亲的爱人 |
[04:23] | Hi. And “John” was more than enough. | “约翰”我就知道了 不用补充那么多 |
[04:26] | I was calling because there’s a new student in my class | 我打来是因为我班上来了个新学生 |
[04:30] | who’s Sheldon’s age. | 她跟谢尔顿同龄 |
[04:31] | No kidding. | 真的假的 |
[04:32] | Her mother wondered if I could put you two in contact | 她妈妈问我能不能帮忙交换联系方式 |
[04:36] | since you have so much in common. | 毕竟你们两家有很多共同之处 |
[04:38] | Oh, of course. | 没问题啊 |
[04:41] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[04:42] | I’ll give you the number when you’re ready. | 你拿好纸笔我就给你念她电话号码 |
[04:46] | I am ready. | 我拿好了 |
[04:48] | 4093566049 409-356-6049. | |
[04:54] | John? | 约翰 |
[04:56] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[04:56] | That’s my number. | 这是我家的号码 |
[04:59] | So it is! | 还真是 |
[05:04] | This is so exciting. | 真是好兴奋啊 |
[05:06] | Don’t you understand what this means? | 你知道这代表什么吗 |
[05:09] | Rather than me feel dumb, how about you just tell me? | 与其让我感觉像个傻子 你还是直接说吧 |
[05:12] | These are parents we can actually relate to. | 这是跟我们有共同之处的家长 |
[05:15] | – Yeah, sure. – All the times we wonder | -行吧 -这些年来我们一直烦恼 |
[05:18] | if we’re doing right by Sheldon or how to handle him, | 我们到底有没有养好谢尔顿 |
[05:20] | we finally have someone to compare notes with. | 我们现在终于有人可以交换心得笔记啦 |
[05:23] | There’s notes? | 还有笔记的吗 |
[05:24] | I just been winging it. | 我都是即兴发挥 |
[05:25] | – I’m gonna call her right now. – Sounds good. | -我现在就要打给她 -好主意 |
[05:28] | Oh, thank you, Lord, for connecting us | 感谢主 让我们能认识 |
[05:31] | with the parents of another special child. | 另一对有一个特别孩子的父母 |
[05:37] | You kids are special, too. | 你们俩孩子也很特别啊 |
[05:41] | Do you feel special? | 你觉得自己特别吗 |
[05:42] | At least I’m the only daughter. | 好歹我还是家里唯一的女儿 |
[05:44] | You got nothing. | 你啥都不沾边 |
[05:46] | And she’s such a know-it-all. | 她这人可自以为什么都懂了 |
[05:48] | Yeah, you mentioned that. | 你说过了 |
[05:49] | I’m surprised her arm wasn’t sore from raising her hand so much. | 我很好奇她整天一直举手答题手酸不酸 |
[05:52] | Yep, sure. | 行行行 |
[05:53] | And who goes to college with stickers on their notepad? | 而且谁上大学笔记本还贴那么多贴纸啊 |
[05:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:58] | Unicorn stickers. | 还是独角兽贴纸 |
[06:00] | And we’re home. | 我们到家啦 |
[06:02] | Hey, Shelly. | 谢利 |
[06:03] | Guess who’s coming over tomorrow? | 你猜谁明天要来家里玩 |
[06:05] | Your new friend Paige. | 你的新朋友佩吉 |
[06:07] | Okay, I’m gonna go. | 好了 我要闪人了 |
[06:14] | Come on, Shelly. Maybe you’ll end up being friends. | 别这样嘛 谢利 说不定你们会变成好朋友 |
[06:17] | I don’t like her, | 我不喜欢她 |
[06:18] | I’m not going to like her, and Tam is my friend. | 我也没打算要喜欢她 我的朋友是丹 |
[06:20] | I don’t need another one. | 我不需要新朋友了 |
[06:21] | You can have more than one friend. | 你可以有不只一个朋友啊 |
[06:24] | I’m sure Tam has other friends. | 我肯定丹一定也有别的朋友 |
[06:26] | No, I’m all he’s got. | 没有 我是他唯一的朋友 |
[06:28] | And even I avoid him half the time. | 而就连我都有一半的时间在躲着他 |
[06:30] | Also, you don’t have any friends. | 而且你也没有朋友啊 |
[06:32] | Why are you so worried about me? | 你为什么要那么担心我 |
[06:34] | I have friends. | 我有朋友啊 |
[06:36] | Then how come the only person who ever comes over is Meemaw? | 那为什么唯一会来家里的只有姥姥 |
[06:39] | Because… | 因为… |
[06:40] | Okay, this isn’t about me. | 好啦 事情的重点不是我 |
[06:42] | So Paige didn’t make a good first impression, | 佩吉没有给你留下好的第一印象 |
[06:45] | but that can change. | 但这可以改变啊 |
[06:47] | What’s that new Star Trek show? | 那个新的《星际迷航》的剧叫什么 |
[06:50] | Next Generation? | 《下一代》吗 |
[06:51] | When that first came on, you said a new Star Trek | 它刚出的时候 你说没有史波克博士 |
[06:54] | without Dr. Spock could never be good, | 那个剧不可能会好看 |
[06:56] | but I’ve seen you watching it. | 但我有看到你在追这个剧啊 |
[06:59] | Well, first of all, it’s Mr. Spock. | 首先 是史波克先生 |
[07:01] | Dr. Spock writes books about babies. | 史波克医生[博士]是写幼童保健书的 |
[07:03] | My apologies. | 我道歉 |
[07:05] | And second of all, Paige isn’t a TV show. | 其次 佩吉也不是电视剧 |
[07:07] | She’s a person, and we all know how I feel about people. | 她是个人 而你知道我对人有什么看法 |
[07:17] | Okay, look. | 好吧 你听我说 |
[07:18] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[07:23] | I don’t have many friends, | 我没有多少朋友 |
[07:25] | so I was hoping to get to know Paige’s mom. | 所以我希望能够认识佩吉的妈妈 |
[07:33] | But if it makes you uncomfortable, | 但如果这事会让你心里不舒服 |
[07:35] | then I will call her and cancel. | 我可以打给她并取消见面 |
[07:42] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑考虑 |
[07:45] | Thank you, baby. | 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[07:47] | Guilt and jealousy in the same day. | 在同一天感到内疚与嫉妒 |
[07:50] | I slept hard that night. | 我那晚辗转难眠 |
[07:57] | Did you know that there’s a type of vanilla flavoring | 你知道有一种人工香草 |
[07:59] | derived from the anal glands of the North American beaver? | 是从美洲河狸的肛门腺提取出来的吗 |
[08:04] | That seems like a fact you could have shared | 感觉你应该在我们开动前 |
[08:06] | before we started eating. | 分享这个小知识才对啊 |
[08:08] | It isn’t used very often. | 当然这并不常被用到 |
[08:09] | I understand it’s difficult to, uh, milk the little sacs. | 我能理解 毕竟要从那小囊中挤出来很难 |
[08:13] | Cool. Okay, new topic. | 厉害 好的 新话题 |
[08:16] | Let’s talk about Sheldon. | 来聊聊谢尔顿 |
[08:18] | Wonderful. What about him? | 很好 什么事 |
[08:19] | He’s having kind of a hard time with the new girl in your class. | 他有点难接受班里新来的女同学 |
[08:24] | Really? Why? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[08:25] | He’s jealous of the attention you’re paying her. | 你对她的特别关爱令他感到有些嫉妒 |
[08:29] | Well, she’s remarkable. | 她很棒嘛 |
[08:30] | You see that? Less of that. | 你看到了吗 少这样一点 |
[08:33] | But I think he’s remarkable, too. | 但我也觉得他很棒啊 |
[08:35] | Perfect. More of that, less of the other one. | 完美 这样多一点 前面那样少一点 |
[08:37] | Understood. | 懂了 |
[08:39] | See, this is why we’re great together. | 你看 这就是为什么我们特别搭 |
[08:41] | You teach me about social etiquette, | 你教导我社交礼仪 |
[08:44] | and I teach you about beaver anuses. | 我教你河狸肛门的知识 |
[08:47] | It is magical. | 的确是很奇妙 |
[08:48] | Did you know “ani” is also acceptable | 你知道肛”们”可以被用来 |
[08:52] | as the plural of “anus”? | 指复数的”肛”吗 |
[08:54] | And the magic continues. | 奇妙一波接一波 |
[09:00] | Must have been most difficult for you to share. | 你分享出来想必也很困难吧 |
[09:02] | The thought of spending an afternoon | 想到要一整个下午 |
[09:04] | with Paige seemed excruciating, | 都跟佩吉相处令我感到十分折磨 |
[09:06] | but I wanted to make my mother happy. | 但我又想让我妈妈开心 |
[09:08] | I was torn. | 我内心十分纠结 |
[09:10] | The release of emotions, Mr. Spock, | 史波克先生 释放情感 |
[09:12] | is what keeps us healthy– | 才是让我们保持健康… |
[09:14] | emotionally healthy, that is. | 保持内心健康的方法 |
[09:16] | Luckily, the wise words of Gene Roddenberry | 但幸好 由伦纳德·尼莫伊先生无情感演绎的 |
[09:19] | flatly delivered by Leonard Nimoy | 来自主创吉恩·罗登伯里所写的金句 |
[09:21] | resolved my dilemma. | 解决了我的困境 |
[09:23] | That may be, Doctor. | 或许吧 医生 |
[09:25] | However, I have noted | 不过 我发现了 |
[09:27] | that the healthy release of emotion | 人们健康良好地释放情绪时 |
[09:31] | is frequently very unhealthy. | 常常结果都十分不良好 |
[09:34] | I realized if Mr. Spock could rise above his emotions | 我发现了如果史波克先生能在进取号危在旦夕时 |
[09:38] | while the fate of the Enterprise hung in the balance, | 也不慌不乱 凌驾自己的情绪 |
[09:40] | certainly I could tolerate Paige for a few hours. | 我当然也能忍受佩吉几个小时 |
[09:44] | I’m not watching this crap. | 我不要看这个破剧 |
[09:46] | Why do I listen to you? | 我为什么听你的 |
[09:48] | Tony, this is going to help you choose a major. | 托尼 这能帮你选一个专业 |
[09:51] | This test is designed to help you focus. | 这个测试能帮你集中精神 |
[09:53] | I know, but what if it says all I’m good at is… | 我知道 但万一测试结果说我只擅长…. |
[09:55] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[09:56] | Suppressing my emotions. | 压抑我的情绪 |
[09:58] | Oh, yeah? Suppress this. | 是吗 那你压抑一下这个 |
[10:04] | Hot dogs. | 热狗 |
[10:10] | Vulcans use a technique called Kolinahr | 瓦肯人使用一种叫科林纳的招数 |
[10:13] | to suppress their emotions. | 来压抑情绪 |
[10:14] | Sheldon, they’re here! | 谢尔顿 他们来了 |
[10:16] | Obviously, I wasn’t a Vulcan. | 显然我不是瓦肯人 |
[10:17] | So I did the next best thing: | 所以我只能退而求其次 |
[10:19] | took my feelings and shoved them down so far | 把我的情绪埋到了最深处 |
[10:22] | they may have been lost forever. | 也许从此只能变成无心人 |
[10:23] | Hi, Sheldon! | 你好呀 谢尔顿 |
[10:25] | The release of emotions, Mr. Spock, | 史波克先生 释放情感 |
[10:27] | is what keeps us healthy. | 是让我们保持健康的方法 |
[10:30] | Dr. McCoy was an idiot. | 麦考伊医生就是个白痴 |
[10:35] | – Well, you just have a beautiful home. – Thank you. | -你家真温馨漂亮 -谢谢 |
[10:39] | Can I interest anyone in something stronger than iced tea? | 有人想喝比冰茶更烈的饮品吗 |
[10:41] | Oh, well, I’ll take a beer if you have one. | 如果你家有 我就来瓶啤酒吧 |
[10:43] | Don’t worry. He’s personally keeping | 你放心 全靠他 |
[10:45] | the Lone Star Brewing Company in business. | 孤星酿酒厂才没有倒闭 |
[10:49] | They did send me a belt buckle. | 他们还真给我寄了一个感谢皮带扣 |
[10:51] | Be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[10:53] | So, Barry, uh, Linda tells me you’re a dentist? | 巴里 琳达告诉我你是牙医 |
[10:56] | Uh, yes. I have a practice up in Jasper. | 对 我在杰斯帕市有个诊所 |
[10:58] | Uh, Paige actually does some of the bookkeeping for us. | 事实上 佩吉还帮我们记账 |
[11:02] | That’s so funny. | 太巧了 |
[11:03] | Sheldon does our taxes. | 谢尔顿也帮我们报税 |
[11:04] | Oh! Yeah, we used to pay her in stickers, | 以前我们给她贴纸作为酬劳 |
[11:07] | but, this year, she actually started asking for money. | 但今年她开始管我们要钱了 |
[11:09] | Well, don’t let Sheldon hear that. | 千万别让谢尔顿听见了 |
[11:11] | We pay him in binder clips. | 我们都只付他装订夹 |
[11:12] | He loves being organized. | 他喜欢让一切井井有条 |
[11:14] | Boy, does he. | 可不是嘛 |
[11:15] | We can’t go to the grocery store without him making sure | 我们每次去超市 他都要把所有瓶子 |
[11:17] | that all the labels are facing the right way. | 摆成标签对着外面 |
[11:19] | Oh, the stock boys there are always so happy to see him. | 负责货架的员工每次见到他都超开心 |
[11:23] | That’s adorable. | 真可爱 |
[11:25] | Well, it wasn’t adorable when we redid our shower | 我们重装修完浴室后 他嫌有两块瓷砖贴歪了 |
[11:28] | and he wouldn’t use it ’cause two of the tiles were crooked. | 而不肯用 那时就不可爱了 |
[11:30] | He took baths in the sink | 我们重新弄好之前 |
[11:32] | until we got it fixed. | 他都坚持在水槽里洗澡 |
[11:35] | So does Paige do any quirky stuff like that? | 佩吉也会做这种怪事吗 |
[11:40] | – No. – Not really. | -没 -其实不会 |
[11:44] | Now, since we’ll be spending a few hours together, | 由于我们要一起度过几小时 |
[11:47] | I’ve created a list of activities to keep us occupied. | 我列出了一些活动 让我们有事可做 |
[11:49] | We’ll start with a tour of my room, | 我们先参观我的房间 |
[11:51] | then board games, and, if time permits, | 然后玩桌游 要是还有时间 |
[11:53] | you can look at and not touch my trains. | 你可以看我的火车模型 但不许碰 |
[11:55] | Oh, My Little Pony. | 是《小马宝莉》呀 |
[11:57] | I love My Little Pony. | 我超喜欢《小马宝莉》 |
[11:59] | That’s my sister’s, and it’s not part of the tour. | 那是我姐姐的 不在参观行程里 |
[12:01] | I share a room with my sister, too. | 我也跟我姐姐共用一个房间 |
[12:03] | It’s super fun. | 超好玩的 |
[12:04] | You’re wrong. | 你大错特错了 |
[12:06] | Now, over here, we have my desk. | 这边是我的书桌 |
[12:09] | This is my computer. | 这是我的电脑 |
[12:10] | That’s my mouse. | 那是我的鼠标 |
[12:11] | This is my printer. This is the paper that goes in the printer. | 这是我的打印机 这些是打印机用纸 |
[12:14] | This is a box of extra paper | 这盒是备用纸 |
[12:16] | that also goes in the printer. | 也是打印机要用的 |
[12:18] | And this is my signed picture of Professor Proton. | 而这张是质子教授的签名照片 |
[12:24] | Do you watch his show? | 你有看这个节目吗 |
[12:25] | No. I don’t really like it. | 没有 我不太喜欢 |
[12:28] | You don’t? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[12:29] | I think he’s boring. | 我觉得他很无聊 |
[12:32] | And he dumbs everything down. | 而且他把什么东西都白痴化来教 |
[12:34] | Come on, Kolinahr, don’t fail me now. | 科林纳啊 别在这一刻弃我而去 |
[12:37] | And next on the tour, we have… | 接下来 我们参观… |
[12:40] | a lamp. | 一盏灯 |
[12:45] | This is not making me feel better. | 这没能让我好过些 |
[12:47] | Their kid is perfect. | 他们的孩子很完美 |
[12:48] | And so is ours. | 我们家孩子也是啊 |
[12:50] | So we’re lying to each other. Fine. | 所以我们要互相欺骗 行吧 |
[12:53] | It’s just nice to get to know another family | 能认识另一家跟我们情况类似的家庭 |
[12:55] | who’s in a similar situation as us. | 是挺好的事嘛 |
[12:57] | And we’re still lying. | 还在说谎 |
[13:03] | What grade are you in? | 你读几年级 |
[13:05] | Eighth. | 八年级 |
[13:07] | You? | 你呢 |
[13:08] | Tenth. | 十年级 |
[13:10] | Cool. | 酷 |
[13:12] | Nobody asked, but fourth. | 没人问我 但我读四年级 |
[13:16] | Why do grownups do this? | 大人为什么都这样 |
[13:18] | They love to stick random kids together | 他们喜欢把孩子乱凑一起 |
[13:20] | and expect them to just be friends. | 觉得他们一定能成为朋友 |
[13:22] | I know. | 就是啊 |
[13:23] | I hate that. | 我超讨厌这样 |
[13:24] | Fresh Prince is right. | 喜剧《新鲜王子妙事多》说得对 |
[13:25] | Parents just don’t understand. | 家长就是屁都不懂[有同名歌曲] |
[13:28] | I love that song. | 我很喜欢那首歌 |
[13:29] | I have a cassette of it, | 我有那首歌的卡带 |
[13:30] | but I recorded it off the radio. | 但我是用录音机录的广播 |
[13:33] | You can hear Sheldon in the background | 你能听见谢尔顿在后面 |
[13:34] | saying stuff about Sir Isaac Neutron. | 说艾萨克·猪顿爵士[牛顿]的事 |
[13:37] | Ugh, my sister’s always talking about him. | 我妹妹也是老提起他 |
[13:40] | I don’t know why. | 真不知道为什么 |
[13:42] | I think he’s dead. | 他好像已经死了 |
[13:44] | You have no idea how much it sucks | 你不知道有一个像他这样的弟弟 |
[13:46] | to have a brother like him. | 是多糟心的事 |
[13:47] | Believe it or not, he’s in my class. | 不管你信不信 他跟我同班 |
[13:49] | My parents sent Paige to a private school. | 我父母送佩吉去念私立学校 |
[13:52] | Cool. We’re too poor for that. | 真好 我们家穷读不起私立学校 |
[14:00] | Does Sheldon make you feel stupid? | 谢尔顿会让你们觉得自己很笨吗 |
[14:03] | Nah, I’m smart in other ways. | 不会 我在其他方面很聪明 |
[14:05] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[14:07] | Hey, I saw an old TV in the alley. | 我刚看到巷子里有台旧电视 |
[14:09] | Want to go throw rocks at it? | 想一起去朝它丢石头吗 |
[14:10] | – Cool! – Hell yeah! | -好啊 -当然想 |
[14:11] | Let’s do it. | 走吧 |
[14:14] | We could play traditional chess. | 我们可以玩传统国际象棋 |
[14:16] | Or if you’re interested, we could play a variant | 如果你有兴趣 我们也可以玩改过的版本 |
[14:18] | with a new piece I invented. | 有我发明的新棋子 |
[14:19] | That sounds fun. | 听起来很好玩 |
[14:21] | What’s the new piece? | 有什么新棋子 |
[14:23] | A wizard. | 巫师 |
[14:24] | The wizard cannot be taken, and, at any point, | 巫师不能被吃掉 |
[14:26] | he can teleport and switch places with any other piece. | 而且能随时瞬移 跟任意棋子交换位置 |
[14:29] | Yes, but there’s an obvious flaw. | 好 不过这有一个明显的漏洞 |
[14:31] | – What flaw? – Well, any time anyone is checkmated, | -什么漏洞 -玩家被将军时 |
[14:34] | they can simply have the wizard and their king switch places. | 可以直接把巫师和国王交换位置 |
[14:37] | So the game will never end. | 这样游戏永远都不会结束 |
[14:40] | I knew that. You passed my test. | 我知道 你通过我的测试了 |
[14:43] | We told Paige that if she won | 我们告诉佩吉 |
[14:45] | the regional spelling bee, she could get a puppy. | 如果她赢了地区拼字竞赛 就送她一只小狗 |
[14:47] | We ended up with two, | 我们家现在有两只小狗 |
[14:48] | ’cause she won twice. | 因为她赢了两次 |
[14:50] | Fun! That-That’s fun. | 有意思 真有意思 |
[14:53] | All right, | 好了 |
[14:54] | that’s enough about Paige. | 别再说佩吉了 |
[14:56] | So, George, I know you’re a football coach. | 乔治 我知道你是橄榄球教练 |
[14:59] | What about you, Mary? | 你做什么工作呢 玛丽 |
[15:00] | I work part-time at the church. | 我在教会做兼职 |
[15:02] | Oh. Oh, that’s so nice. | 真不错 |
[15:03] | I used to work at the practice with Barry, | 我以前在巴里的诊所上班 |
[15:05] | but I had to quit | 但后来不得不放弃了 |
[15:06] | once Paige’s schedule started to get busy. | 因为佩吉的日程排得很满 |
[15:08] | Well, that’s understandable. | 可以理解 |
[15:10] | A unique child can require a lot of attention. | 独特的孩子需要加倍的关注 |
[15:14] | Try all the attention. Hmm? | 是全部的关注吧 |
[15:16] | Okay. You know that’s not true, Barry. Well… | 哪有你说的那么夸张 巴里 |
[15:20] | She’s… she’s right. It’s not. | 她说得对 没那么夸张 |
[15:21] | Although I did spend Father’s Day alone | 不过我父亲节确实是独自度过的 |
[15:23] | ’cause she took Paige to a robotics show. | 因为她带佩吉去看机器人展了 |
[15:25] | Okay. That’s enough, Barry. | 好了 可以了啦 巴里 |
[15:28] | They don’t need to hear all this. | 没必要跟他们说这些 |
[15:30] | That’s OK. | 没事 |
[15:31] | That’s why we’re getting together, | 我们聚会就是为了这个目的 |
[15:32] | you know, talk about this kind of stuff. | 交流这类事情 |
[15:34] | Barry, it sounds like you might be feeling left out. | 巴里 听起来你觉得自己被冷落了 |
[15:37] | Oh. No. | 才没有 |
[15:40] | Sometimes I do. | 有时确实如此 |
[15:41] | And it’s not just me. It’s Erica, too. | 不只是我 艾丽卡也这么觉得 |
[15:44] | Oh, now he’s just being dramatic. | 他越说越夸张啦 |
[15:46] | Erica gets a lot of attention, | 艾丽卡也有得到很多关爱 |
[15:47] | and she’s just a joy. | 她可讨喜了 |
[15:52] | Dang it, the screen won’t break. | 可恶 屏幕砸不碎 |
[15:53] | Bet it’ll break if we blow it up. | 要是炸一下肯定会碎 |
[16:01] | I love her. | 本宫喜欢她 |
[16:03] | Fine, you’re right. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[16:04] | Erica’s doing just great. | 艾丽卡可”乖”了 |
[16:05] | Nothing to worry about there. | 完全没什么好担心的 |
[16:12] | Oh, come on. | 给点力啊 |
[16:15] | You got any matches? | 你有火柴吗 |
[16:16] | Be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[16:23] | While she’s gone, you want to make out? | 想趁她不在亲热一下吗 |
[16:26] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[16:28] | You actually believe in the multiverse theory? | 你真的相信多重宇宙理论吗 |
[16:31] | Very much so. | 深信不疑 |
[16:32] | It’s the most elegant interpretation | 这是对量子力学 |
[16:33] | of quantum mechanics. | 最优美的解读 |
[16:35] | So you really think there are an infinite number of universes? | 所以你真认为有无穷的平行宇宙 |
[16:38] | Stephen Hawking believes it, so, yes, I do. | 史蒂芬·霍金相信 所以我也相信 |
[16:42] | Well, if there are an infinite number of universes, | 如果真有无穷的平行宇宙 |
[16:45] | I think that theory’s dumb in all of them. | 那我觉得这个理论在所有宇宙里都一样蠢 |
[16:50] | This is fun. | 跟你一起很好玩 |
[16:51] | I don’t get to have discussions like this | 在学校里我没法跟其他孩子 |
[16:53] | with kids at my school. | 聊这些话题 |
[16:55] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[16:57] | No. | 聊不了 |
[17:05] | Do you ever wish you were just like everyone else? | 你可曾希望过自己跟其他人一样 |
[17:10] | Not at all. | 完全没有 |
[17:11] | Me neither. | 我也没有 |
[17:12] | I love being smarter than everyone. | 我很享受比其他人聪明的感觉 |
[17:15] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[17:17] | I started to think that Paige and I | 我开始觉得也许我和佩吉 |
[17:19] | might have more in common than I thought. | 比我想的有更多共同点 |
[17:21] | Maybe my mother was right. | 也许我妈妈说得对 |
[17:22] | I really did just need to get to know her better. | 我只是需要多了解她一些就行了 |
[17:27] | Checkmate! | 将军 |
[17:28] | You lose. | 你输了 |
[17:29] | Red alert. | 红色警报 |
[17:31] | Phasers stand by to fire on my order. | 听我命令 准备发射相位枪 |
[17:33] | Guess that makes me the smartest. | 看来我才是最聪明的人 |
[17:36] | I don’t know if ten-year-old Spock | 我不知道史波克十岁时 |
[17:38] | ever flipped a chess board, | 有没有掀翻过象棋盘 |
[17:39] | but ten-year-old Sheldon sure did. | 但十岁的谢尔顿绝对掀了 |
[17:48] | Got to say, I’m glad we invited ’em over. | 我必须说 邀请他们来我真高兴 |
[17:51] | Don’t you get him another beer. | 你别再给他啤酒了 |
[17:53] | Come on. You love this and you know it. | 你也很享受看好戏 你心里清楚 |
[17:55] | They’re as messed up as we are. | 他们跟我们一样一团糟 |
[17:59] | Fine. But one more and that’s it. | 好吧 不过这是最后一瓶了 |
[18:03] | Yes! | 好棒 |
[18:04] | Holy crap! | 我的妈呀 |
[18:06] | Don’t you– Go out there and check! | 你别… 快出去看看怎么回事 |
[18:11] | Now, does anyone know what happens to quarks | 有谁知道 夸克互相结合 |
[18:14] | when we combine them to make mesons and baryons? | 形成介子和重子时 会发生什么变化 |
[18:20] | Yes, Paige. | 你说 佩吉 |
[18:21] | We can ignore the particle masses | 我们可以忽视在单夸克级别的 |
[18:22] | at the individual quark level. | 粒子质量 |
[18:24] | Correct. You | 正确 你呀 |
[18:27] | are really… | 真是很… |
[18:30] | He’s jealous of you paying attention to her. | 你对她的特别关爱令他感到有些嫉妒 |
[18:34] | That was correct, Paige. | 回答正确 佩吉 |
[18:37] | And, Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[18:38] | is that a new bow tie? | 你戴的是新领结吗 |
[18:42] | It is. | 是的 |
[18:43] | Lookin’ sharp! | 看着真精神 |
[18:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:47] | That was a close one. | 好险 |
[18:48] | As I was saying, we only… | 我刚说到 我们只能… |