时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | For most students, | 对大多数学生来说 |
[00:02] | the weekend represented two days of fun, freedom, | 周末代表着两天的欢乐与自由 |
[00:05] | and in the case of my brother, | 而对我哥哥来说 |
[00:07] | a chance to ignore all forms of hygiene. | 那是一个无视任何卫生习惯的机会 |
[00:13] | Come on, come on. | 快点 再走快一点 |
[00:15] | To me, however, it represented | 对我来说 周末代表着 |
[00:17] | an unwelcome break from education. | 我不喜欢的学习中断期 |
[00:23] | Whoo! Thank the Lord! | 感谢老天爷 |
[00:25] | But this wasn’t a typical weekend, | 但这个周末与平常的不同 |
[00:28] | because this was the weekend I got to do my parents’ taxes. | 因为这个周末我可以帮我父母报税 |
[00:32] | Howdy do, W-2. | 欢迎欢迎 收入税表 |
[00:35] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[00:38] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[00:41] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[00:44] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[00:46] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[00:57] | “If you were not covered by a retirement plan, | “如果您没有养老金计划 |
[00:59] | but your spouse was, see the worksheet on page 14.” | 但您的伴侣有 请翻到表格第14页 |
[01:03] | Try and stop me. | 没人能阻止我翻过去 |
[01:06] | Mom, I was going through our expenditures | 妈 我在整理我们的支出的时候 |
[01:08] | and noticed our grocery bills are up 12% compared to last quarter. | 发现我们买食品杂货账单比上一季高了12% |
[01:12] | Any idea why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[01:13] | There’s a person at the end of the table that eats for free. | 可能是因为桌尾有一个人总来蹭白食吧 |
[01:16] | There’s a person at the other end of the table that eats for three. | 是因为另一边桌尾有人得食三份吧 |
[01:21] | I’ve been buying groceries for the church food drive. | 我买了不少食物拿去教堂捐给穷人 |
[01:24] | I think that’s it. | 应该是这个原因吧 |
[01:25] | Ooh, I bet I could write that off, | 那我肯定这笔支出能冲销 |
[01:27] | including the gas it took to drive to the grocery store | 连带开车去超市与教堂路上的油费 |
[01:30] | and then to the church. | 都能一并冲销 |
[01:31] | With all that driving, maybe she can count her car as a home office. | 开这么多路 或许能把车算作是家庭办公室 |
[01:34] | Sounds aggressive, but I like how you’re thinking. | 挺激进的做法 但我喜欢你这个思路 |
[01:37] | None of that is necessary, it’s for charity. | 不需要搞那些 这是为了做慈善 |
[01:40] | What’s the point of charity if there are no tax benefits? | 如果没有税务福利 那我们还做慈善干嘛 |
[01:43] | Eat your peas. | 吃你的豆子 |
[01:44] | I like how he’s thinking. | 我喜欢他这个思路 |
[01:46] | You eat your peas, too. | 你也乖乖吃你的豆子 |
[01:52] | Dad, banking question. | 爸爸 有银行相关问题 |
[01:53] | Whs that, buddy? | 怎么啦 小家伙 |
[01:54] | I noticed there’s a check missing. | 我发现有一张支票不见了 |
[01:56] | I have a copy of check 128 | 我这里有第128号支票的副本 |
[01:58] | and a copy of check 130, but 129 isn’t there. | 还有第130号支票的副本 唯独缺了129号 |
[02:01] | Oh, yeah, don’t worry about it. | 没事啦 不用担心这个 |
[02:03] | But I enjoy worrying; I find it very relaxing. | 但我就喜欢担心事情 我觉得能放松心情 |
[02:07] | ‘Course you do. | 真不意外 |
[02:08] | I balanced the rest of the account, | 我算了算帐 |
[02:09] | and it appears to be a check for $300. | 那是一张300块的支票 |
[02:12] | All right, well, let’s just put it down for $300 for miscellaneous. | 好吧 那你就写300块的杂项支出 |
[02:17] | I’ve never labeled anything miscellaneous in my life. | 我此生没给任何东西标为杂项过 |
[02:20] | I’ll go ask Mom. | 我去问妈 |
[02:21] | Wait. | 别走 |
[02:23] | I just remembered. | 我想起来了 |
[02:27] | I gave the money to a friend. | 我把钱给了一个朋友 |
[02:29] | – Who? – It doesn’t matter who. | -谁啊 -是谁不重要 |
[02:31] | Why’d you give it to them? | 那你为什么给人家 |
[02:32] | They needed it. It… it’s like charity. | 人家有需要嘛 就像是做慈善 |
[02:35] | Ooh, another write-off, excellent. | 又可以冲销 太棒了 |
[02:42] | What do you say we keep this quiet? | 你觉得我们能不说出去这事吗 |
[02:45] | You mean like a secret? | 你是指这事是个秘密 |
[02:46] | No, no, just, you know, something between you and me. | 不 也没有啦 就是我跟你之间的一件事 |
[02:49] | What about Mom? | 那妈妈呢 |
[02:50] | Mom is on a need-to-know basis. | 妈妈知道该知道的就行了 |
[02:52] | What if Mom needs to know? | 那万一妈妈需要知道呢 |
[02:53] | Okay, it’s a secret. | 行吧 这是个秘密 |
[02:56] | Just trust me. | 你相信我 |
[02:57] | It is better for everyone if she doesn’t know about this. | 她不知道这件事对所有人都好 |
[02:59] | But I’m not good at keeping secrets. | 但我很不擅长保密 |
[03:01] | It’s not hard. Just keep your mouth shut. | 不难啊 你只要闭上嘴就行 |
[03:03] | But I’m not good at keeping my mouth shut. | 但我很不擅长闭上嘴 |
[03:05] | Sheldon, all you got to do is be cool. | 谢尔顿 你只需要上道 酷一点就行 |
[03:12] | “Be cool.” | “酷一点” |
[03:13] | He might as well have asked me to fly around the backyard. | 他干脆要求我在后院里飞翔算了 |
[03:18] | – Good night, baby. – Night, Mama. | -晚安宝贝 -晚安妈妈 |
[03:20] | – Love you. – Love you, too. | -爱你 -我也爱你 |
[03:24] | Oh, hello. | 你好啊 |
[03:26] | I was just brushing my teeth like I do every night. | 我刚才是如平常一样去刷牙了 |
[03:30] | Nothing new there. | 完全没什么不同之处 |
[03:32] | You all right? | 你还好吧 |
[03:33] | Yes. I’m cool. | 很好啊 我很酷 |
[03:35] | I’m very cool. | 非常酷 |
[03:37] | Tell Sheldon what cool means. | 告诉谢尔顿酷的真正意思吧 |
[03:38] | Hush. | 你安静 |
[03:40] | Sweet dreams. | 做个美梦 |
[03:42] | Love you. | 我爱你 |
[03:44] | Love you, too, ’cause you’re my mom. | 我也爱你 因为你是我老妈 |
[03:55] | You’re so weird. | 你真的好奇怪 |
[03:56] | More than usual? | 比平常怪吗 |
[03:59] | No, I guess not. | 那倒没有 |
[04:01] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[04:04] | To avoid looking suspicious, | 为了不显可疑 |
[04:06] | I tried to interact with my mom as little as possible. | 我试着尽量减少与我妈妈有互动 |
[04:09] | Thankfully, it’s rude to speak with your mouth full. | 幸好 有礼的孩子食不言寝不语 |
[04:12] | You look tired, baby. Sleep okay? | 你看起来很累 有睡好吗 |
[04:19] | So how big a tax refund you think we’re gonna get? | 你觉得我们今年能退多少税回来呢 |
[04:24] | – Mornin’. – Mornin’. | -早安 -早 |
[04:26] | I slept in the nude last night. | 我昨晚裸睡了 |
[04:27] | Felt every little breeze. | 感受到了每一徐微风 |
[04:30] | Thank you for sharing that. | 多谢你的分享啊 |
[04:32] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[04:40] | Mare, we got any batteries?! | 阿丽 家里还有电池吗 |
[04:43] | Look in the drawer by the refrigerator. | 去冰箱旁边的抽屉看看 |
[04:47] | There was only so much food I could eat, | 我的食量有限 不可能总在吃东西 |
[04:49] | so I started avoiding my mother whenever possible. | 所以我剩下的时间都尽力躲我妈 |
[04:56] | What are you doing in there? | 你在里面干嘛 |
[04:57] | Keeping your secret. | 为你保密 |
[04:59] | You got to pull it together. | 你得振作起来啊 |
[05:00] | This is me pulling it together. | 这已经是我振作的样子了 |
[05:02] | – Pull harder. – Find ’em? | -那就再多振一点 -找到了吗 |
[05:04] | Yeah. Got ’em. Thanks. | 找到啦 谢谢 |
[05:07] | You’re very welcome. | 不客气 |
[05:08] | Hey, have you noticed anything off with Sheldon? | 你有发现谢尔顿最近怪怪的吗 |
[05:11] | Uh, no, no, no. Can’t say that I have. Why? | 没 没有啊 没发现 怎么了 |
[05:14] | He’s been awful quiet, and, at the risk of being indelicate, | 他最近异常安静 而且虽然这么做不好 |
[05:18] | he’s gone several days without a bowel movement. | 但我发现他有好几天没有上过大号了 |
[05:21] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[05:22] | Well, I was worried about him, | 我很担心他嘛 |
[05:24] | so I took a look in his potty journal. | 所以我去看了他的如厕日志 |
[05:26] | He’s still keeping that thing, huh? | 他还在写那玩意呢 |
[05:27] | Oh, yeah, that’s why he wanted the Polaroid camera. | 对啊 所以他才跟我们要了一台拍立得相机 |
[05:31] | Uh, well, I’m sure he’s gonna be fine, | 我相信他一定没事啦 |
[05:34] | uh, but I’ll keep an eye on him. | 不过我会多留意他 |
[05:36] | – Thank you. – You got it. | -谢谢 -小事 |
[05:41] | – She’s gone. – Thank you. | -她走了 -谢谢 |
[05:44] | Batteries are in this drawer. | 电池在这个抽屉里 |
[05:55] | We got a problem. | 有麻烦了 |
[06:00] | I don’t know how much longer Sheldon can hold out. | 我不知道谢尔顿还能保守秘密多久 |
[06:02] | This is why I did not want you to write a check. | 这就是为什么我让你别用支票嘛 |
[06:04] | Well, I’m sorry, but I didn’t have that kind of cash lying around. | 给您添麻烦啦 但我平常没那么多现金 |
[06:07] | I do not want Mary to find out about this. | 我不想玛丽发现这件事 |
[06:09] | Well, what about Sheldon? | 那谢尔顿怎么办 |
[06:11] | The kid hasn’t pooped in days, he might pop. | 这孩子好多天没上大号了 他会炸的 |
[06:13] | Slip a little Metamucil into his apple juice, he’ll be fine. | 给他的苹果汁里加点纤维粉就没事了 |
[06:16] | Why don’t we just come clean? | 我们就去坦白不好吗 |
[06:21] | All right, sure, we could do that. | 好啦 我们是也可以去坦白 |
[06:23] | You could rat me out to Mary and… | 你可以去跟玛丽告我状 |
[06:26] | I could tell her what you did at the church picnic. | 那我也可以告诉她你在教会野餐时做的事 |
[06:29] | Come on. | 你不是吧 |
[06:31] | Now you’re just playing dirty. | 你也太损了吧 |
[06:32] | We sink or swim together, George. | 乔治 我们生一起生 死就一起死 |
[06:35] | We sink or swim together. | 生一起生 死一起死 |
[06:44] | Grandmas are supposed to be nice. | 当姥姥的不都应该很善良吗 |
[06:46] | What went wrong with you? | 你是哪里出了毛病 |
[06:49] | Avoiding my mother in our own house | 在我们自己家中躲我妈妈 |
[06:51] | was proving to be difficult, | 已被证明十分有难度 |
[06:53] | so it was time to get creative. | 所以我得想点妙招 |
[06:56] | Hello. I’d like to book a room in your hotel. | 您好 我想在你们的旅馆订个房间 |
[07:00] | I’d be arriving tonight. | 我今晚就要入住 |
[07:02] | No, it’s just me. | 不 就我一个人 |
[07:06] | Ooh, a queen bed, that sounds fancy. | 女皇[大号]床吗 听起来很华丽 |
[07:08] | And how much would this room cost? | 那这房间的房费是多少呢 |
[07:13] | Wow. Is that per month? | 这价格是月费吗 |
[07:16] | Per day? | 是一晚的啊 |
[07:19] | By any chance, do you have a children’s rate? | 那冒昧问一下 有没有儿童优惠价呢 |
[07:23] | We’ve been friends for a while now, haven’t we? | 我们当朋友也有些日子了吧 |
[07:26] | I suppose so. | 大概吧 |
[07:28] | Given that, how would you feel about a sleepover? | 所以你觉得去对方家过夜玩怎么样 |
[07:30] | Sure. Your mom lets you watch TV. | 没问题 你妈妈都让你看电视 |
[07:32] | Jake and the Fatman is on tonight. | 今晚有我喜欢的刑侦犯罪剧呢 |
[07:34] | I meant we could sleep at your house. | 我是说我去你们家过夜 |
[07:36] | But you’ll miss Jake and the Fatman. | 但这样你就会错过看剧啊 |
[07:39] | Even better. So what do you say? | 那更好了 你意下如何 |
[07:42] | I’ll have to ask my mom. | 我得先请示一下我妈妈 |
[07:43] | Well, be sure to tell her I’m clean, I’m well-behaved, | 那你记得告诉她 我很讲卫生 又有礼貌 |
[07:46] | and if you don’t have a lot of room, | 而且我还不占地方 |
[07:47] | I can fit in really tight spaces. | 能塞进特别窄小的空间 |
[07:54] | So your first sleepover. | 第一次去朋友家过夜 |
[07:56] | Pretty exciting, huh? | 挺兴奋的吧 |
[07:57] | No. It’s not exciting, it’s constipating, | 才不兴”粪”呢 我是便秘 |
[08:00] | and I’m only doing it to avoid Mom. | 我这么做也只是为了躲老妈 |
[08:03] | But still, it’s your first sleepover. | 但始终还是你第一次去朋友家过夜 |
[08:05] | It’s fun stuff. | 很好玩的 |
[08:08] | Okay, I know you’re having a tough time with this, | 好啦 我知道你心里憋得慌 |
[08:10] | but… you’re doing great. | 但… 你表现得很棒了 |
[08:13] | You spend some time at Tam’s house, | 你去丹家玩一玩 |
[08:15] | you know, clear your head, and come back home refreshed. | 把脑海里的烦恼甩去 然后崭然一新地回家 |
[08:18] | And then I can tell Mom? | 然后我就能告诉妈妈了吗 |
[08:20] | Oh, no, you can never tell Mom. | 不行 你永远不能告诉你妈 |
[08:22] | Wouldn’t it be easier to just be honest? | 你直接坦白不会比较简单吗 |
[08:25] | Usually, it would be, but… | 通常会 但这事嘛… |
[08:27] | sometimes the truth can hurt people. Hmm? | 有时候真相会伤人 |
[08:31] | We wouldn’t want to hurt Mom, right? | 我们不想让妈妈伤心的吧 |
[08:33] | Of course not. | 当然不 |
[08:34] | Attaboy. | 乖孩子 |
[08:39] | Hey, here’s a funny prank you can try tonight. | 教你一个今晚你可以玩的恶作剧 |
[08:42] | When Tam falls asleep, put some shaving cream in his hand | 等丹睡着了之后 你就挤刮胡膏到他手上 |
[08:45] | and then tickle his nose. | 然后瘙痒他的鼻子 |
[08:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:47] | ‘Cause then he’ll go to, | 因为他就会… |
[08:49] | you know, scratch his nose, | 你懂的 给鼻子抓痒嘛 |
[08:51] | and he gets shaving cream on his face. | 然后他就会把刮胡膏弄得满脸 |
[08:53] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[08:54] | Well… that-that’s it. | 就这样啊 |
[08:58] | But I’m a guest in their home, | 但我是去人家家里做客 |
[08:59] | and that doesn’t seem like a very good way | 用这种方式回报人家 |
[09:01] | to repay their kindness. | 大方收留我不太好吧 |
[09:03] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[09:05] | And what if the shaving cream gets in his eyes? | 而且如果刮胡膏弄到他眼睛里怎么办 |
[09:07] | That would sting. | 会很刺痛的吧 |
[09:08] | Sorry I mentioned it. | 抱歉我不该提的 |
[09:09] | Also, I didn’t bring my own shaving cream. | 而且我没带自己的刮胡膏 |
[09:11] | I’d have to use his dad’s, and that… | 我就得用他爸爸的 这样… |
[09:12] | Forget it! | 别说了 |
[09:20] | Hello. | 您好 |
[09:21] | Hi. You must be Mrs…. | 你好 你一定是… |
[09:23] | Tam’s mom. | 丹的母亲 |
[09:24] | I’m Sheldon’s dad, George Cooper. | 我是谢尔顿的爸爸 乔治·库珀 |
[09:27] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[09:28] | Thanks for letting him spend the night. | 谢谢你收留他过夜 |
[09:29] | It’s his first sleepover. He’s excited. | 这是他第一次到朋友家过夜 他很兴奋 |
[09:31] | Actually, I’m quite apprehens… | 其实我还挺… |
[09:33] | He’s really looking forward to it. | 他十分期待 |
[09:35] | Uh, in case something comes up, just give us a holler. | 如果有任何事情 喊我们一声就行 |
[09:38] | I mean, a call. If you hollered, we wouldn’t hear you. | 我是指打电话 如果你用喊的 我们家听不到 |
[09:43] | That-that was a joke. | 我刚才是在说笑啦 |
[09:45] | Ha-ha-ha! | 哈 哈 哈 |
[09:46] | Okay, buddy, have fun. | 好啦 小家伙玩开心点 |
[09:51] | Visiting Tam’s house for the first time | 第一次到丹家 |
[09:53] | was an emotional roller coaster. | 简直像坐情感过山车 |
[09:55] | For example, it’s traditional in Vietnamese homes | 比如说 越南人有个传统 |
[09:58] | to have gruesome religious iconography near the entrance. | 会在入门处摆放可怕的宗教肖像 |
[10:01] | I did not like that. | 我不喜欢 |
[10:03] | However, it’s also customary | 不过 他们通常 |
[10:05] | to not wear shoes around the house | 进屋后会脱掉鞋子 |
[10:07] | for sanitary reasons. | 出于卫生考量 |
[10:09] | I did like that. | 这一点我喜欢 |
[10:11] | Interestingly, | 有趣的是 |
[10:12] | one of the main ingredients in Vietnamese cooking | 越南菜其中一种主要成分 |
[10:15] | is an extremely pungent condiment known as fish sauce. | 是一种叫鱼露的刺鼻调味料 |
[10:19] | I did not like that. | 我十分不喜欢 |
[10:21] | But before every meal, | 但每次吃饭前 |
[10:23] | it’s common for everyone to wash their hands and face. | 大家都会先洗手洗脸 |
[10:26] | I did like that. | 这一点我喜欢 |
[10:28] | Forks are not customary in a Vietnamese household. | 越南人家里通常不会有叉子 |
[10:34] | I did not like that. | 我不喜欢 |
[10:36] | And instead of napkins, there was one towel | 另外 餐桌上没有纸巾 |
[10:39] | for everyone to share at the table. | 大家共用一条毛巾擦嘴 |
[10:42] | Seriously, what are they thinking? | 说真的 他们是不是傻 |
[10:46] | I can’t help thinking how odd it is | 我还是觉得好奇怪 |
[10:47] | that Shelly volunteered to go on a sleepover. | 谢利居然会主动到别人家过夜 |
[10:50] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[10:51] | Hmm? He’s growing up. | 他长大了 |
[10:53] | It’s natural for a young boy to want to spread his wings a little bit, | 小男生想出去闯闯 尝试新事物 |
[10:56] | try something new. | 是很正常的 |
[10:57] | That’s nonsense. | 胡说八道 |
[10:59] | Last week, I brought home | 上周 我买回家的 |
[11:00] | the Raisin Bran with the sugar on the raisins. | 葡萄干麦片的葡萄干上有糖粉 |
[11:02] | He almost lost his mind. | 他差点崩溃暴走 |
[11:04] | If you ask me, | 要我说 |
[11:06] | you’re worried about nothing. | 你是杞人忧天 |
[11:08] | Maybe it’s me. | 说不定是我 |
[11:09] | Maybe I did something to upset him. | 是我做了什么让他不开心了 |
[11:12] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么傻话 |
[11:14] | He loves you like crazy. | 他爱死你了 |
[11:16] | Much more than he loves this one. | 比对他爸的爱多多了 |
[11:18] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[11:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:20] | I just feel like something isn’t right. | 就是觉得有什么不对劲 |
[11:23] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[11:24] | I got my hair stuck in my zipper! | 我头发被拉链夹住了 |
[11:26] | That’s the kid you need to be worried about. | 你该担忧的是那个孩子 |
[11:32] | Okay, Connie, why don’t we just come clean? | 康妮 我们何不坦白告诉她呢 |
[11:34] | No. | 不行 |
[11:35] | You heard her. | 你也听到她说的了 |
[11:36] | Now she’s blaming herself. | 她现在在责怪自己 |
[11:38] | And Sheldon’s so upset | 而谢尔顿很不好受 |
[11:39] | he’s-he’s acting like a regular kid. | 他变得像个正常孩子了 |
[11:42] | – All right, let’s tell her. – Thank you. | -好吧 我们告诉她 -谢谢你 |
[11:44] | But first I’m gonna tell her what you did at the picnic. | 但我要先告诉她你野餐时做了什么事 |
[11:46] | – Oh, Mary! – Okay, okay, shh. | -玛丽啊 -好了 安静 |
[11:53] | I don’t know how much longer we can keep this going. | 我不知道我们还能瞒她多久 |
[11:55] | I’m willing to find out. | 我拭目以待 |
[12:04] | So, this game is called Mystic Warlords of Ka’a. | 这个游戏叫做”卡亚战神” |
[12:07] | It’s pretty fun. | 很好玩的 |
[12:08] | There are six kinds of secret warlords… | 里面有六种秘密的战神 |
[12:10] | – Secret warlords. – It’s a secret. Secret. | -秘密的战神 -这是秘密 秘密 |
[12:14] | It’s a secret. | 这是个秘密 |
[12:15] | Have you noticed anything off with Sheldon? | 你有发现谢尔顿最近怪怪的吗 |
[12:17] | Something between me and you. | 就是我跟你之间的一件事 |
[12:18] | Mom is on a need-to-know basis. | 妈妈知道该知道的就行了 |
[12:20] | I took a little look in his potty journal. | 我去看了他的如厕日志 |
[12:22] | – It’s a secret. – Several days without a bowel movement. | -这是个秘密 -我发现他有好几天没有上过大号了 |
[12:24] | – Sheldon. – Secret. Secret. | -谢尔顿 -秘密 秘密 |
[12:26] | – A secret. – Sheldon. | -秘密 -谢尔顿 |
[12:28] | Did you hear anything I said? | 你有听到我说的话吗 |
[12:30] | Sorry, I was reliving a traumatic experience. | 抱歉 我刚才在重温一段创伤的经历 |
[12:34] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[12:37] | Tam, I have a secret that’s weighing on me, | 丹 我有个秘密 快把我压垮了 |
[12:40] | and I need to tell someone. | 我得说出来 |
[12:42] | Okay. Tell me. | 那告诉我吧 |
[12:43] | But I promised I wouldn’t. | 但我保证过不会说出来 |
[12:45] | Okay. Then don’t. | 那就别说了 |
[12:47] | But it’s driving me crazy. | 但我快被逼疯了 |
[12:49] | Too bad you’re not Catholic. | 可惜你不是天主教徒 |
[12:50] | You could confess it to a priest. | 不然就可以跟神父告解了 |
[12:53] | That’s a great idea. | 这是个好主意 |
[12:54] | You’re Catholic. I’ll confess it to you. | 你是天主教徒 我向你告解好了 |
[12:57] | I’m not a priest. | 但我不是神父 |
[12:58] | I’m not a Catholic. | 我也不是天主教徒 |
[12:59] | It makes perfect sense. | 所以这么做完全合理 |
[13:01] | Okay, whenever you’re ready. | 好吧 你随时可以开始 |
[13:05] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[13:06] | I’m assuming the position. | 我在进入角色 |
[13:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:10] | Forgive me, Tam, for I have sinned. | 原谅我 丹 我有罪 |
[13:13] | This is my first confession. | 这是我第一次做告解 |
[13:15] | I forgive you, my son. | 我原谅你 孩子 |
[13:18] | I was doing my parents’ taxes and noticed a check was missing. | 我帮爸妈报税时 发现有张支票不见了 |
[13:22] | – I asked my father about it… – As I walked Tam | -我去问我爸 -随着我给丹 |
[13:23] | through the whole sordid affair, | 娓娓道来这件丑事 |
[13:25] | I could feel a weight lifting off my shoulders. | 我能感觉到肩头的重担慢慢减轻 |
[13:28] | It was a relief to finally unburden myself | 终于把内心的秘密说了出来 |
[13:30] | of this deception. | 我如释重负 |
[13:32] | By the time I reached the end, | 等我把这事说完后 |
[13:34] | I felt like a new person. | 我仿佛脱胎换骨 |
[13:36] | That’s the whole story. | 整件事就是这样 |
[13:39] | Cool. Can we play now? | 好 能开始玩了吗 |
[13:40] | And now that my conscience had been cleared, | 现在我良心上的巨石放下了 |
[13:42] | my colon was ready to do the same. | 结肠里的”巨屎”也要蜂拥而出 |
[13:45] | Excuse me. I need to use your bathroom! | 不好意思 我要借用一下洗手间 |
[13:54] | Thank you for letting me sleep in your bed. | 谢谢你把床让给我睡 |
[13:57] | My father taught me that we must always honor our guests | 我爸说 我们必须以礼待客 |
[14:00] | and treat them with the utmost courtesy. | 给他们最好的款待 |
[14:02] | The Vietnamese are a very welcoming people. | 越南人很好客 |
[14:05] | Yeah, that hasn’t always worked out for us. | 是的 但我们越南人也因此吃了亏 |
[14:13] | Do you think your dad would ever ask you | 你觉得你爸会不会有一天 |
[14:15] | to keep a secret from your mom? | 叫你瞒着你妈一件事 |
[14:17] | Oh, no. | 不会 |
[14:18] | He’s so honest, it’s annoying. | 他特别诚实 有时候很烦 |
[14:21] | Enough talking. | 别再聊天了 |
[14:22] | Sleep now. | 赶紧睡觉 |
[14:26] | She’s just annoying. | 她是全方位烦人 |
[14:36] | Well, you did it. | 你做到了 |
[14:39] | How was your first sleepover? | 第一次到朋友家过夜怎么样啊 |
[14:43] | They feed you any weird food? | 他们给你吃奇怪的食物了吗 |
[14:46] | When I was in ‘Nam, we ate fish soup for breakfast. | 我在越南时 我们早餐都喝鱼汤 |
[14:50] | Sheldon, I’m talking to you. | 谢尔顿 我在跟你说话 |
[14:52] | Well, I’m not talking to you. | 但我不要跟你说话 |
[14:54] | Okay, what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[14:56] | After having my first good night’s sleep in a week, | 我终于睡了这一周以来第一次好觉 |
[14:58] | I woke up with a fresh perspective. | 我睡醒后有了全新的看法 |
[15:00] | And that is…? | 什么看法 |
[15:02] | It was irresponsible of you | 你让我背负保密的责任 |
[15:04] | to burden me with that secret. | 是很不负责任的行为 |
[15:06] | Sheldon, we’ve been through this. | 谢尔顿 我们聊过这个了 |
[15:07] | It’s complicated. | 这事很复杂 |
[15:10] | While I may not look up to you from an intellectual standpoint, | 虽然我可能没把你当成学术上的榜样 |
[15:13] | I’ve always looked up to you as a role model. | 但我一直把你视为人生楷模 |
[15:19] | I can’t do that anymore. | 我以后无法这么做了 |
[15:24] | And don’t worry– we made a deal. | 别担心 我答应过你 |
[15:27] | I’ll continue to keep your secret. | 我会继续保守你的秘密 |
[15:42] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[15:43] | Um, I need to tell you something. | 我有件事要告诉你 |
[15:45] | What did you do? | 你搞了什么鬼 |
[15:47] | When Sheldon was doing our taxes, | 谢尔顿给我们计税时 |
[15:49] | he noticed a missing check. | 发现少了一张支票 |
[15:51] | What did you do? | 你到底搞了什么鬼 |
[15:52] | Before I answer, do you trust me enough | 在我回答前 你是否足够信任我 |
[15:54] | to understand it was for a good reason | 明白我那么做是有好理由的 |
[15:56] | and j-just leave it at that? | 不会再追问细节 |
[16:02] | What did you do? | 你究竟搞了什么鬼 |
[16:04] | It’s all your mother’s fault. She is a bad person. | 都是你妈的错 她这人可坏了 |
[16:06] | I’ve been telling you for years. | 我跟你说了好几年了 |
[16:08] | What did you do? | 你搞了什么鬼 |
[16:09] | Okay, now, before I answer that– | 在我回答之前 |
[16:11] | Just tell me what you did. | 快告诉我你搞了什么鬼 |
[16:13] | I got a DWI. | 我被开了酒驾罚单 |
[16:15] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[16:16] | It’s not as bad as it sounds. | 没有听起来那么严重 |
[16:18] | How is driving drunk not bad? | 醉驾哪里不严重了 |
[16:20] | I wasn’t exactly driving. | 当时其实不是我在开车 |
[16:22] | I don’t follow. | 我没听懂 |
[16:24] | I was at the dog track with Georgie, | 我跟小乔治去看赛狗 |
[16:26] | and I had a few… | 我喝了几… |
[16:28] | Georgie? | 小乔治 |
[16:29] | With God as my witness, | 老天爷作证 |
[16:30] | I’ve never been to the dog track in my life. | 我这辈子从没去看过赛狗 |
[16:33] | She knows. | 她知道了 |
[16:35] | Oh, I’ve been there a bunch. | 我去过好多次 |
[16:37] | Will someone please tell me what happened? | 谁来告诉我到底发生了什么 |
[16:39] | Okay, me and Meemaw were in the bar at the track… | 好吧 我和姥姥在赛狗场的酒吧里 |
[16:42] | You took him to a bar? | 你居然带他进酒吧 |
[16:44] | He wasn’t drinking. | 他又没喝酒 |
[16:46] | She had a few too many margaritas, | 她玛格丽塔酒喝多了 |
[16:48] | so I drove us home. | 于是由我开车回家 |
[16:49] | But you don’t have a license. | 但你没有驾照啊 |
[16:51] | That’s why we swapped places after the cop pulled us over. | 所以我们被交警拦下来后 交换了位置 |
[16:53] | Oh, dear Lord. | 我的老天爷 |
[16:55] | I had nothing to do with this part. | 这部分不关我的事 |
[16:56] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[16:57] | Will do. | 已闭 |
[16:59] | I didn’t want Georgie to get into trouble, | 我不希望小乔治惹上麻烦 |
[17:01] | so I got behind the wheel | 所以在警察过来前 |
[17:02] | before the cop walked up. | 我换到了驾驶位上 |
[17:04] | And then I got arrested, and, uh, | 然后我被捕了 |
[17:07] | he bailed me out. | 他来保释我 |
[17:08] | So you all thought you should keep this from me? | 你们都觉得这事不该告诉我 |
[17:11] | – Absolutely. – 100%. | -当然 -毫无疑问 |
[17:12] | Okay, here’s what’s gonna happen: | 好吧 接下来这么办 |
[17:14] | you and you are staying at her house | 你和你都到她家去住 |
[17:16] | until I say otherwise. | 直到我改变主意为止 |
[17:18] | One could argue I was the hero in this story. | 有人会说我其实在这次事件中是英雄 |
[17:20] | You went gambling and you drove without a license | 你去赌博 并无证驾驶 |
[17:23] | and you lied to my face. | 还当着我的面说谎 |
[17:25] | Heroically. | 像个英雄般 |
[17:26] | Go. | 滚 |
[17:33] | I love everything about this. | 这场大戏的每一部分我都好爱 |
[17:38] | I’m guessing you’re mad at me. | 你应该生我气了吧 |
[17:40] | Aw, forget about it. | 算了吧 |
[17:42] | I appreciate you not… | 很感谢你没有… |
[17:44] | ratting me out about the picnic. | 抖出我野餐的事 |
[17:46] | Well, we had a deal. | 我们说好了的 |
[17:49] | Besides, your marriage is already hanging by a thread. | 再说 你的婚姻已经岌岌可危了 |
[17:52] | It is dangling there. | 确实命悬一线 |
[17:55] | All right, well, I’m gonna turn in. | 好了 我去睡了 |
[17:59] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:02] | Night! | 晚安 |
[18:10] | Hello? | 喂 |
[18:10] | So, get a load of this. | 你听仔细了 |
[18:12] | Last church picnic, your husband snuck in a six-pack, | 上次教会野餐 你老公偷带了六罐啤酒 |
[18:16] | polished off the whole thing, | 一个人全喝光了 |
[18:18] | then went to wait in line for the bathroom… | 然后去排队上厕所 |
[18:21] | You got an extra toothbrush? | 你有新牙刷吗 |
[18:23] | Under the sink, darlin’. | 在水槽底下 亲爱的 |
[18:25] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[18:25] | You got it. | 不客气 |
[18:28] | So then the big gorilla decides he doesn’t want to wait in line, | 之后这只大猩猩决定不排队了 |
[18:32] | so he stumbles over to the church vegetable garden | 于是他摇晃着跑到教会的菜园 |
[18:35] | and proceeds to irrigate the whole damn thing. | 好好地灌溉了那块地 |
[18:40] | I’ve eaten those vegetables. | 我吃过那里种的蔬菜 |
[18:42] | Sweet dreams. | 祝你睡得香 |