时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | While my sister and I are twins, | 虽然我跟我姐姐是双胞胎 |
[00:02] | we’ve always been different. | 但我们从小就十分不同 |
[00:04] | By the age of two, I was reading books. | 两岁时 我开始阅读书籍 |
[00:07] | Missy was content to eat them. | 而米希更想吃了它们 |
[00:09] | By five, I had a healthy appreciation | 五岁时 我已经开始对 |
[00:12] | for a well-organized work space. | 井井有条的工作环境有所偏爱 |
[00:14] | My sister, less so. | 而我姐姐就不是了 |
[00:18] | Which is not to say she doesn’t have qualities I admire. | 但这并不代表她没有我所钦佩的特质 |
[00:21] | Get it! Get it! | 搞他 搞死他 |
[00:22] | It’s just a spider. Calm down. | 只是一只蜘蛛罢了 冷静 |
[00:24] | It’s got eight legs and fangs. | 它有八条腿跟毒牙 |
[00:26] | I see no reason to be calm. | 你让我怎么冷静 |
[00:28] | Did you kill it? | 你弄死它了吗 |
[00:29] | – Yup. – Are you sure? | -弄死了 -确定吗 |
[00:31] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[00:33] | The bond between twins is an incredibly close one, | 双胞胎之间的羁绊是非常非常深的 |
[00:37] | which is why I moved 1,500 miles to California | 所以当我有机会时 我立刻搬到了 |
[00:40] | the first chance I got. | 2400公里外的加州 |
[00:43] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[00:46] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[00:49] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[00:52] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[00:54] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:02] | – Hello. – You got a minute? | -你好啊 -你有空吗 |
[01:04] | John has something he wants to talk to you about. | 约翰有事情想跟你谈 |
[01:06] | I brought you kolaches. | 我给你带了水果派呢 |
[01:08] | Ooh, yummy. | 好吃啊 |
[01:11] | So, what’s up? | 什么事 |
[01:12] | You comin’ to me to ask for Connie’s hand in marriage? | 你来问我能不能娶康妮吗 |
[01:15] | No. | 不是 |
[01:16] | But if that were to come to pass, | 如果有一天真的要发生了 |
[01:19] | are you authorized to bless the union? | 你有权决定并祝福我们的婚姻吗 |
[01:24] | He was joking. | 他刚才胡扯呢 |
[01:28] | – Tell him. – Okay. | -告诉他吧 -好的 |
[01:30] | So, some colleagues of mine at the university | 我在大学的一些同事 |
[01:33] | are doing a research study on twins. | 在做有关双胞胎的研究 |
[01:35] | I told them about Sheldon and his sister, | 我跟他们说了谢尔顿跟她的姐姐 |
[01:38] | and they were most intrigued. | 同事们对他们很感兴趣 |
[01:40] | Uh, what kind of study? | 哪种研究啊 |
[01:41] | It’s a longitudinal investigation | 是要纵向研究 |
[01:44] | of environmental and genetic factors | 有关环境与基因 |
[01:46] | in the development of cognitive and other capacities | 对于同卵双胞胎的发展认知与其他能力 |
[01:49] | in pairs of fraternal and identical twins. | 所带来的影响 |
[01:53] | You asked. | 你自己要问的 |
[01:56] | Well, geez, I don’t… I don’t know | 天啊 我不知… 我不知道 |
[01:58] | if I want some scientists pokin’ and proddin’ the kids. | 我要不要让一帮科学家对我孩子动手动脚 |
[02:00] | Oh, but they wouldn’t be poked and prodded. | 不会对你的孩子动手动脚 |
[02:02] | They just have to, you know, answer some questions. | 孩子们只需要去回答一些问题 |
[02:05] | And maybe some puzzles and tests. | 可能解一些谜题 做点测试就行 |
[02:08] | That’s not too bad. Where is it? | 这样好像也不过分 地点呢 |
[02:10] | – Houston. – Oh, it just got bad. | -休斯顿 -过分的地方来了 |
[02:12] | That’s… that’s a long drive. | 那里… 开车要很久呢 |
[02:14] | It does pay $50 an hour plus gas and expenses. | 会给每小时50元劳务费外加油费与补贴 |
[02:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:20] | I told you to start with that. | 我跟你说一开始就先说这个吧 |
[02:26] | No. See, Mary, that’s the best part– | 你听我说 玛丽 最好的地方就是 |
[02:28] | there’s no pokin’ and proddin’. | 不会对我们孩子动手动脚 |
[02:29] | Plus, you know how much Sheldon loves puzzles and tests. | 而且你也知道谢尔顿有多爱解谜与测试 |
[02:33] | I’m not sure. | 我也不知道 |
[02:35] | Think about the money. | 你想想给的钱好了 |
[02:36] | 50 bucks an hour, four or five hours a week. | 一小时给50 一周有个4到5小时 |
[02:39] | That-That’s more than our mortgage. | 够还每个月房贷了呢 |
[02:40] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我懂 |
[02:42] | But Sheldon’s already self-conscious | 但谢尔顿已经很在乎 |
[02:44] | about being different from other kids. | 自己与别的孩子不同了 |
[02:45] | I worry how this might affect him. | 我很担心这会影响到他的心 |
[02:47] | You’re being too protective. He’s a rock. | 你太过度保护他了 他可是坚强如石 |
[02:49] | A rock? | 如石头吗 |
[02:51] | Are we raising the same child? | 我们养的是同一个孩子吗 |
[02:53] | And what about Missy? | 那米希呢 |
[02:54] | Aren’t these tests gonna make her feel bad | 那些测验难道不会让她觉得难过 |
[02:56] | that she’s not as smart as Sheldon? | 知道自己不比谢尔顿聪明吗 |
[02:58] | I’m not as smart as Sheldon. | 我也没谢尔顿聪明啊 |
[03:00] | Doesn’t make me feel bad. | 但我那也从来没让我难过啊 |
[03:02] | And we could put the money aside for their college education. | 而且我们可以把钱存起来 当他们的大学基金 |
[03:06] | That’s a good point. | 这个点好 |
[03:06] | It’s a great point. | 是超棒好吗 |
[03:08] | I don’t have to tell you, times are changing. | 不用我说你也知道 时代不一样了 |
[03:10] | Kids are pitching in. | 这年头孩子也会补贴家计 |
[03:11] | Like that Webster kid on TV– | 就像演电视剧的那个小童星 |
[03:13] | he’s making buckets of money for his parents. | 他已经给他家里人赚了多少钱了啊 |
[03:17] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[03:18] | I suppose we could give it a try. | 让他们试一试应该是可以 |
[03:20] | – There you go. – I’ll call Sturgis, | -这就对了嘛 -我去打给斯特吉斯 |
[03:22] | tell him we’re in. | 告诉他我们愿意 |
[03:24] | Baby, I’m getting a fishing boat. | 妈呀 我要艘钓鱼船 |
[03:29] | So, Sheldon, Missy, we got some exciting news. | 谢尔顿 米希 我们有个好消息 |
[03:33] | – Georgie took a bath? – No. | -小乔治洗澡了吗 -没有 |
[03:35] | And how come I don’t get exciting news? | 为什么没有我的好消息 |
[03:37] | This isn’t about you. | 这事跟你无关 |
[03:39] | But after dinner, why don’t you go rinse off? | 但晚饭后你能去冲个澡吗 |
[03:41] | So, what’s up? | 有什么事 |
[03:42] | Well, a couple of scientists at the college | 大学里有几个科学家 |
[03:45] | where Dr. Sturgis teaches are doing | 就是斯特吉斯教授的那个学校 |
[03:46] | a research study on twins. | 在做关于双胞胎的研究 |
[03:48] | They want to meet you guys, ask you some questions. | 他们想见见你们 问你们一些问题 |
[03:50] | Oh, boy, a research study. | 天啊 是科学研究呢 |
[03:52] | Will they give us written tests? | 他们会让我们做考卷吗 |
[03:54] | – Yeah, I think so. – Oh, boy. | -应该会吧 -妈呀 |
[03:57] | Now, you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. | 听我说 如果你们不想做我们就不去 |
[03:59] | It’s purely volunteer. | 这是纯凭个人意愿的 |
[04:01] | I don’t want to do it. | 我不想去 |
[04:02] | – Why not? – They probably just want to find out | -为什么不想 -他们应该只是想知道 |
[04:05] | why you’re so smart and I’m just average. | 为什么你那么聪明而我只有平均水平 |
[04:07] | Average? That’s a little generous. | 平均水平吗 给分标准还真是宽松啊 |
[04:10] | Why don’t they want to test me? | 他们为什么不想测试我 |
[04:11] | – Georgie, not now. – ‘Cause I’m available. | -小乔治 别闹 -我有空啊 |
[04:14] | Listen, why don’t we just go there this Saturday | 听我说 这周六我们何不去一次 |
[04:16] | and give it a try? | 看看到底怎么样 |
[04:17] | And if you don’t like it, we don’t have to do it again. | 如果你们不喜欢 那我们就不再去了 |
[04:20] | Or they’ll love it, and they’ll do it till | 也可能他们喜欢 我们会一直去 |
[04:22] | they’re 18, 19 years old. | 直到他们18 19岁才结束 |
[04:24] | I already love it. | 我已经喜欢了 |
[04:25] | – My man. – Missy? | -我的乖儿子 -米希呢 |
[04:30] | I believe there might be | 我记得去那里的路上 |
[04:31] | a Dairy Queen on the way there. | 有一家冰激凌店呢 |
[04:34] | Can I get an Oreo Blizzard? | 我能点奥利奥风暴吗 |
[04:36] | You know what I think? | 你猜我怎么想 |
[04:37] | I think you’re smarter than him. | 我觉得你比他聪明呢 |
[04:42] | 东德克萨斯理工 心理学系 | |
[04:42] | Dr. Thorpe and Dr. Pilson, | 索普博士与皮尔森博士 |
[04:45] | here are your research volunteers, | 你们的研究志愿者已带到 |
[04:47] | Sheldon and Missy. | 他们是谢尔顿与米希 |
[04:48] | So nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[04:49] | Thank you for participating in our study. | 谢谢你们参加我们的研究 |
[04:52] | Always happy to help advance our understanding of me. | 向来十分乐意为更深入了解我提供帮助 |
[04:54] | I’m just in it for the Dairy Queen. | 我是为了吃冰激凌才来的 |
[04:56] | All right. | 好啦 |
[04:58] | Um, if you two wouldn’t mind waiting here, | 希望你们俩不会介意在这里等一会儿 |
[05:00] | we’d like to start by talking to your mom, dad, and grandma. | 我们想先从跟你们父母与外婆聊聊开始 |
[05:03] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:04] | Just to get some background information | 只是想稍微先了解一下 |
[05:06] | on the both of you. | 你们两个的背景资料 |
[05:07] | Smart. Ask how old I was when I completed potty training. | 真聪明 记得问我是几岁学会自行上厕所的 |
[05:11] | You won’t believe it. | 你绝对不敢相信 |
[05:12] | I’ll do that. | 我会问的 |
[05:15] | Will you keep an eye on ’em? | 你可以帮忙照看他们吗 |
[05:17] | Well, I’ll try, but if they start running, | 我尽量吧 但如果他们想跑 |
[05:19] | you may never see them again. | 你们有可能再也见不到他们 |
[05:22] | Shall we? | 好了吗 |
[05:26] | We are on the clock, right? | 这也算在收费时段里的吧 |
[05:27] | George. | 乔治 |
[05:35] | Boy, this brings back some memories. | 这勾起了我的往事啊 |
[05:38] | – How come? – Well, when I was your age, | -怎么会 -当我在你年纪的时候 |
[05:40] | I was also taken to a university to be studied. | 我也曾被带到大学去被人研究 |
[05:44] | Because they thought you were really smart? | 是因为他们觉得你绝顶聪明吗 |
[05:46] | Because they thought I was clinically insane. | 是因为他们觉得我有神经病 |
[05:50] | And it wasn’t just me. | 有这经验的人可不止我呢 |
[05:51] | Did you know that when Albert Einstein | 你知道阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦 |
[05:54] | was a little boy, his parents worried | 他小的时候 父母也曾担心 |
[05:56] | there was something wrong with him? | 他是不是哪里有毛病吗 |
[05:58] | Because he couldn’t comb his hair? | 是因为他不愿意梳头发吗 |
[06:00] | No, that was a choice he made later in life. | 不 他的一头乱发是他长大后的自我选择 |
[06:03] | When he was young, | 是因为在他小的时候 |
[06:04] | he wanted nothing to do with other children, | 他完完全全不想跟别的小朋友接触 |
[06:07] | and would often have extreme temper tantrums. | 而且还常会有极端暴怒 |
[06:11] | He sounds like you. | 他听起来跟你好像 |
[06:13] | I know. Isn’t it great? | 对啊 真是太棒了 |
[06:18] | Well, to be perfectly honest, | 老实说呢 |
[06:20] | Sheldon has always avoided children his own age. | 谢尔顿的确是一直都不愿意跟同龄孩子玩 |
[06:23] | Tell ’em about temper tantrums. | 跟他们说说他的暴脾气 |
[06:24] | They’re not temper tantrums, | 他才没有暴脾气 |
[06:26] | he just has strong opinions. | 他只是想法十分强烈 |
[06:28] | Yeah, like when you yell and stomp your feet, | 是是是 就比如大吼并跺脚 |
[06:31] | and slam the door off its hinge. | 然后甩门到把门都弄坏了 |
[06:35] | They’re scientists. You can’t trick ’em. | 人家是科学家 你骗不了他们 |
[06:39] | And, as for Missy, she’s just the opposite. | 至于米希呢 她就完全相反 |
[06:41] | Loves to be around people and other kids. | 她十分乐意与其他大人小孩相处 |
[06:44] | Makes friends easy. | 很善于交朋友 |
[06:45] | Does she have temper tantrums as well? | 她也有暴脾气吗 |
[06:47] | Nope. She’s very even-keeled. | 没有 她脾气十分温顺 |
[06:49] | Except for when she’s eating. | 除了她在吃东西的时候 |
[06:51] | You put your hand near her face when she’s working on a lamb chop, | 你要是在她吃羊排时 把手放靠近她脸 |
[06:53] | she will bite off a finger. | 她就会咬掉你手指 |
[06:55] | Our daughter doesn’t bite. | 我们女儿才不咬人 |
[06:57] | Right here, Thanksgiving, 1986. | 看这印子 1986年感恩节咬的 |
[07:03] | Was there anything unusual about your pregnancy? | 在您怀孕期间有过任何不寻常之处吗 |
[07:06] | – No, not that I remember. – Really? | -没有啊 完全没任何印象 -是吗 |
[07:09] | You cried for, like, seven months. | 你哭了大概有足足7个月吧 |
[07:11] | Those were tears of joy. | 那是喜悦之泪 |
[07:13] | What about all those times you punched me? | 无数个锤在我身上的拳头呢 |
[07:15] | Punches of joy. | 那是爱的小粉拳 |
[07:18] | You’re not gonna get much out of Fred and Wilma here. | 你们从阿呆夫妇身上是问不出什么的 |
[07:20] | Why don’t you just get crackin’ on the kids? | 你们还是开始研究孩子吧 |
[07:25] | Okay, Sheldon, this first battery of tests measures | 好的 谢尔顿 这第一套测试题目呢 |
[07:28] | basic problem-solving abilities. | 主要是测试你们的解决问题能力 |
[07:30] | Is the Kaufman test or the Wechsler Intelligence Scale? | 是考夫曼教育成就测试还是韦氏智力测验 |
[07:35] | Are you familiar with those? | 你对它们熟悉吗 |
[07:36] | It’s embarrassing, | 说来有点丢人 |
[07:37] | but I enjoy a little light reading in the bathroom. | 但我喜欢在上大号时读一点轻松的读物 |
[07:41] | Okay. Are you ready? | 好了 你准备好了吗 |
[07:43] | – Will I be timed? – Yes. | -我会被计时吗 -会 |
[07:45] | Fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[07:50] | Okay, Missy, | 好了 米希 |
[07:51] | the first thing we’re gonna do is test | 我们首先要测试的呢 |
[07:52] | your problem-solving ability. | 是你解决问题的能力 |
[07:54] | – Okay. – You ready? | -好 -你准备好了吗 |
[07:56] | I just have one question. | 我有一个问题想问 |
[07:58] | What’s that? | 什么问题 |
[07:59] | Do you always wear your hair up? | 你平常都是把头发扎起来的吗 |
[08:01] | Uh, well, usually at work, yes. | 通常上班的时候都会扎 |
[08:04] | I bet it looks cute down. | 我相信放下来一定很好看 |
[08:07] | Thank you. Okay, | 谢谢 好啦 |
[08:10] | you’re all set. | 你准备好了吧 |
[08:11] | Is that camera gonna be on? | 会用摄像机录吗 |
[08:13] | Yes. | 会 |
[08:14] | Can you move it over to that side? | 那你能把它移到另一边吗 |
[08:16] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:16] | If I’ve learned one thing from school picture day, | 学校的拍照日我唯一学到的一件事 |
[08:18] | it’s that I look better from that side. | 那就是我的脸从另一边拍比较好看 |
[08:21] | Sure, I’ll move it. | 行 我去移 |
[08:25] | Okay… | 好啦 |
[08:26] | And bring it a little closer. | 再近一点 |
[08:31] | How’s that? | 怎么样 |
[08:32] | – Great. – Okay. | -很好 -好了 |
[08:35] | – Whenever you’re ready. – Wait. | -你可以随时开始 -等等 |
[08:37] | Do I have any Oreos in my teeth? | 我牙齿有沾上奥利奥吗 |
[08:40] | No. | 没有 |
[08:41] | – Ready to start? – One last thing. | -可以开始了吗 -还有一个问题 |
[08:43] | Did you ever think of wearing that white coat with a belt? | 你有没有想过用腰带把白大褂束起来 |
[08:46] | – No. – You should. | -没有 -你应该这么做 |
[08:48] | ‘Cause you have a very nice figure, | 因为你身材很好 |
[08:49] | and it’s lost in there. | 但都被白大褂遮住了 |
[08:55] | Hey, check this out. | 都过来看 |
[08:57] | Did you see Honey, I Shrunk the Kids? | 你有没有看过《亲爱的 我把孩子缩小了》 |
[09:00] | – No. – You should. | -没有 -你应该看的 |
[09:01] | ‘Cause there’s a lot of good science stuff in it. | 因为电影里有很多好的科学内容 |
[09:05] | Kudos on the question | “哪辆火车先抵达 |
[09:07] | “Which train gets to St. Louis first?” | 圣路易斯”这个问题问得好 |
[09:13] | I have to tell you something. | 我得跟你说个事 |
[09:15] | Why don’t you finish the test first. | 不如你先把测试做完 |
[09:17] | This can’t wait. | 这事等不了 |
[09:18] | The other doctor’s got a crush on you. | 另外一位医生暗恋你 |
[09:20] | Oh, dear Lord. | 老天爷啊 |
[09:24] | I don’t… I don’t think so. | 他应该没有吧 |
[09:26] | Let’s get back to the test. | 继续做测试吧 |
[09:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:32] | Why? What did you see? | 怎么 你看到什么了吗 |
[09:34] | When you’re not looking, he stares at your tushy. | 你不注意的时候 他盯着你屁股看 |
[09:37] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:37] | Imagine if you wore the belt. | 想想你要是束了腰带会怎么样 |
[09:40] | Clever girl. | 丫头真机灵 |
[09:42] | That would accentuate her buttocks. | 那样会凸显她的屁股 |
[09:47] | I can’t watch. Switch it back to Sheldon. | 我看不下去了 换回谢尔顿那边 |
[09:51] | Hot dog, syllogisms. | 哎妈 三段论 |
[09:54] | If all squares are parallelograms, | 如果所有四方形都是平行四边形 |
[09:56] | and all squares are rectangles, | 同时所有四方形都是长方形 |
[09:57] | then some parallelograms are rectangles. | 那么有一些平行四边形就是长方形 |
[10:00] | Who was this test made for, children? | 这些测试是给谁做的 小屁孩吗 |
[10:02] | I’m bored. Turn it back to Missy. | 好无聊 换回米希那边 |
[10:06] | Go ahead. | 换吧 |
[10:07] | This question about a train going to “S-T” Louis makes no sense. | 这个关于火车开往”又土”路易斯的问题不合理 |
[10:12] | It’s okay to guess. | 不会可以乱猜 |
[10:16] | Take your time, baby. The meter’s running. | 慢慢来 宝贝 计费表在跑呢 |
[10:21] | Well, thank you all very much. | 非常感谢各位 |
[10:24] | This was a great start. | 这是个很好的开始 |
[10:25] | Thank you. Did you have fun? | 谢谢 你们玩得开心吗 |
[10:27] | I got to take a test on a Saturday, heck yeah! | 我周六还能做测试 当然爽翻了 |
[10:30] | He’s like a young version of me, but without corrective shoes. | 他就像年轻版的我 除了没穿矫正鞋 |
[10:35] | Missy, what’d you think? | 米希 你觉得呢 |
[10:37] | The tests were just okay, | 测试还行吧 |
[10:38] | but I like Sandra. | 但我喜欢桑德拉 |
[10:40] | Well, thank you, Missy. I like you, too. | 谢谢你 米希 我也喜欢你 |
[10:44] | All right, | 好吧 |
[10:45] | we’ll see y’all next Saturday. | 我们下周六再见了 |
[10:47] | You bet we will. | 我们一定来 |
[10:50] | Good God, George, have a little dignity. | 老天 乔治 你可要点脸吧 |
[10:58] | Are you doing something different with your hair? | 你是不是换了发型 |
[11:02] | No, uh, why? | 没有啊 怎么了 |
[11:05] | No reason, just looks nice. | 没什么 挺好看的 |
[11:09] | Oh! Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:10] | Um, uh, what do you think about maybe stopping for a drink after, | 等会要不要一起去喝一杯 |
[11:14] | to discuss the test results? | 讨论一下测试结果 |
[11:17] | I would like that. | 乐意之至 |
[11:30] | Oh, yeah. | 正点 |
[11:31] | Get down. | 接着跳 |
[11:34] | We’re home. | 我们回来了 |
[11:37] | – What you watching? – Soul Train. | -你在看什么 -黑人音乐节目《灵魂火车》 |
[11:40] | I like trains. | 我也喜欢火车 |
[11:42] | It’s not that kind of train, dummy. | 不是那种火车 呆子 |
[11:44] | Well that seems like false advertising. | 那岂不是虚假宣传 |
[11:52] | Ooh, you sexy little thing. | 你这性感的小东西 |
[11:54] | George! | 乔治 |
[12:00] | I do not like what this study is doing to Sheldon. | 我不喜欢这个测试对谢尔顿产生的影响 |
[12:03] | What’re you talking about? He had a great time. | 你在说什么呢 他玩得很开心啊 |
[12:06] | All the way home all he could talk about | 他回家一路上都在说 |
[12:07] | is how that doctor thought he was so smart. It’s not healthy. | 那个医生认为他有多聪明 这样不健康 |
[12:11] | Would it make you feel any better | 我要是告诉你 我们今天 |
[12:12] | if I told you how much money we made today? | 赚了多少钱 你会好过些吗 |
[12:14] | No, it would not. | 并不会 |
[12:15] | $300. | 三百块 |
[12:16] | – Really? – Cash. | -真的吗 -现金 |
[12:20] | Okay, well, still, I… | 好吧 但仍然 |
[12:23] | I’m not interested in profiting off my children. | 我没兴趣利用我家孩子赚钱 |
[12:25] | You see, honey, that’s where you and I are very different. | 老婆 你跟我在这方面很不一样 |
[12:39] | Boats. | 船 |
[12:40] | Sheldon, what do you think | 谢尔顿 你认为 |
[12:43] | is happening in this picture? | 这幅画里正发生什么 |
[12:44] | Easy. There are four chimpanzees in a living room. | 很简单 有四只黑猩猩在客厅里 |
[12:47] | Okay, but what can you tell me about them? | 好 但你认为它们在做什么 |
[12:50] | They’re not behaving like chimpanzees. | 它们的行为不像黑猩猩 |
[12:53] | Anything else? | 还有呢 |
[12:55] | Chimpanzees don’t drink tea. | 黑猩猩不喝茶 |
[12:57] | Is that it? | 就这么多吗 |
[13:00] | Well, I suppose it might be coffee, | 也可能是咖啡 |
[13:01] | but they don’t drink that either. | 但它们也不喝咖啡 |
[13:03] | Anything interesting about their body language? | 它们的肢体语言有什么特别之处吗 |
[13:08] | No. | 没有 |
[13:09] | I think they found his kryptonite. | 他们好像发现他的死穴了 |
[13:15] | Missy, | 米希 |
[13:16] | what do you think is happening in this picture? | 你认为这幅画里正发生什么 |
[13:18] | The girl monkey on the couch | 沙发上的女猴子 |
[13:20] | is telling the guy monkey a secret. | 正跟男猴子说八卦 |
[13:21] | Must be something juicy, ’cause he’s smiling. | 料一定很猛 因为他在笑 |
[13:24] | Anything else? | 还有呢 |
[13:25] | It might be dirty, | 有可能是下流八卦 |
[13:26] | ’cause this girl monkey is sending | 因为这只女猴子 |
[13:28] | the kid monkey out of the room. | 正把宝宝猴子赶出房间 |
[13:30] | He doesn’t want to go. He looks sad. | 他不想走 他看起来很难过 |
[13:32] | Is that all? | 就这么多了吗 |
[13:33] | The monkeys on the couch are drinking tea, | 沙发上的两只猴子在喝茶 |
[13:35] | so it’s a tea party. | 所以这是个茶话会 |
[13:37] | Okay, very good. Let’s look at another picture. | 非常好 我们再看看另一幅画 |
[13:40] | I’m not done. The monkey in the painting | 我还没说完 画像里的猴子 |
[13:43] | is wearing an old lady hat, | 戴着老女人帽子 |
[13:45] | so she’s probably a meemaw monkey. | 她很可能是姥姥猴子 |
[13:47] | She’s not at the party, | 她没参加茶话会 |
[13:49] | so she must be bowling or dead. | 所以一定是在玩保龄球或者死了 |
[13:53] | Well, Missy won that round. | 这一轮米希赢了 |
[13:56] | It’s actually not a contest, George. | 其实这不是比赛 乔治 |
[13:58] | This is Texas. Everything’s a contest. | 这里可是德州 任何事都是比赛 |
[14:01] | A woman in a doorway. | 一个女人站在门口 |
[14:03] | Anything else? | 还有呢 |
[14:04] | She’s holding her head with her hand. | 她正用手扶着头 |
[14:06] | And what do you think that means? | 你认为这是什么意思 |
[14:10] | Wouldn’t you rather ask me about trains going to St. Louis? | 你不会更想问我火车开往圣路易斯的问题吗 |
[14:13] | Good gravy, she’s sad, Sheldon, come on. | 要死了 她很难过 谢尔顿 快回答 |
[14:16] | Oh, she’s very upset. | 她很难过 |
[14:18] | I don’t know why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[14:20] | Oh! Maybe she wasn’t invited | 或许因为没人 |
[14:22] | to the tea party at the monkey house. | 邀请她参加猴子家的茶话会 |
[14:26] | Also, she’s wearing a belt, like you are. | 她还系了腰带 跟你一样 |
[14:28] | Nice going. Very cute. | 干得漂亮 很好看 |
[14:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:33] | And I’m loving the hair. | 我也很喜欢你的发型 |
[14:37] | A lion sitting in a chair, holding a pipe. | 一只狮子坐在椅子上 手里拿着一根管子 |
[14:40] | Good. | 很好 |
[14:40] | But what do you think is on his mind? | 但你觉得他在想什么 |
[14:43] | How should I know? Maybe he’s wondering | 我哪知道 或许他正纳闷 |
[14:44] | why he’s posing for a silly picture | 自己为什么在为一幅蠢画摆姿势 |
[14:46] | instead of eating a gazelle. | 而不是吃羚羊 |
[14:48] | Anything else? | 还有呢 |
[14:50] | What exactly are we doing here? | 我们到底在干什么 |
[14:52] | I thought the purpose of this study | 我还以为这个研究 |
[14:54] | was to find out how smart I am. | 是为了搞清楚我有多聪明 |
[14:56] | That’s what we’re doing, | 我们正是在做这个 |
[14:58] | but there are different kinds of intelligence. | 但人有各种各样的智慧 |
[15:00] | Poppycock! | 瞎扯淡 |
[15:02] | There’s only one kind of intelligence… | 只有一种智慧 |
[15:03] | George, Sheldon’s getting upset. | 乔治 谢尔顿不开心了 |
[15:04] | I don’t like it. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[15:06] | All right, I’ll just change it back to Missy. | 好吧 那我换回米希那边 |
[15:09] | You are an insightful young lady. | 你是一位富有洞察力的年轻女士 |
[15:11] | I don’t know what that means, but thank you. | 我不知道那是什么意思 不过谢啦 |
[15:14] | It means perceptive. | 就是有领悟力的意思 |
[15:16] | You see things most people miss. | 你能看到大部分人忽略的东西 |
[15:18] | My name is Missy– go figure. | 我的名字是米希[忽略] 你自己想想 |
[15:21] | Have you always been that way? | 你一直是这样的吗 |
[15:23] | I guess so. I think when you’re on your own a lot, | 应该是吧 你经常独自一人时 |
[15:25] | you get good at seeing that kind of stuff. | 就会擅长发现这些东西 |
[15:28] | – Really? – My dad does football with my older brother, | -真的吗 -我爸常跟我哥玩橄榄球 |
[15:31] | so they’re like a team. | 所以他俩是一队的 |
[15:34] | And my mom and meemaw spend all their time fussing over Sheldon, | 我妈和姥姥把时间都花在操心谢尔顿上 |
[15:37] | so they’re like a team, too. | 所以他们仨是一队的 |
[15:40] | So no one’s on your team? | 这么说没人跟你一队了 |
[15:42] | Nope. | 没有 |
[15:43] | It’s just me. | 就我一个 |
[15:45] | Oh, Lord. | 天啊 |
[15:48] | Hey, what’s up with you and Dr. Pillsbury? | 你跟皮尔斯伯里博士到哪一步了 |
[15:51] | Dr. Pilson? | 你是说皮尔森博士 |
[15:53] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[15:56] | Oh. You can’t say ’cause we’re on camera. | 你不能说 因为摄像机在拍 |
[16:01] | Insightful. | 富有洞察力呢 |
[16:09] | A little late for me to start cooking. | 现在开始做饭有点晚了 |
[16:12] | – Why don’t we stop somewhere for dinner. – Really? | -不如找个地方停下吃晚饭吧 -真的吗 |
[16:14] | The five of us? That’s kind of pricey. | 五个人吃 有点贵 |
[16:16] | Would you rather buy a fishing boat? | 你宁愿把钱拿来买小渔船吗 |
[16:20] | You’re a blabbermouth, you know that? | 你真是大嘴巴 你知道吗 |
[16:23] | Missy, we’re gonna eat in a restaurant. | 米希 我们要下馆子吃饭 |
[16:25] | Where would you like to go? | 你想去哪家吃 |
[16:27] | I get to pick? | 让我选吗 |
[16:29] | Why don’t I get to pick? | 为什么不让我选 |
[16:30] | Because your sister’s getting to pick. | 因为这次让你姐姐选 |
[16:31] | It’s not just about you in this house. | 我们家不是只有你重要 |
[16:34] | What do you think, baby? | 你说呢 宝贝 |
[16:36] | I pick… | 我选 |
[16:38] | Red Lobster. | 红龙虾餐厅 |
[16:40] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[16:42] | Damn. | 我靠 |
[16:43] | There goes our per diem. | 日补津贴就这么没了 |
[16:52] | George, you got a minute? | 乔治 你有时间吗 |
[16:54] | – What’s up? – Not you, | -什么事 -不是找你 |
[16:56] | – him. – What? | -找他 -干嘛 |
[16:58] | Sheldon told me that we get paid to go to that college | 谢尔顿告诉我 我们去那所大学回答问题 |
[17:01] | and answer their questions. | 是有报酬的 |
[17:03] | Yeah, so? | 是啊 所以呢 |
[17:04] | I want to know how much we’re making. | 我想知道我们能赚多少钱 |
[17:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:08] | ‘Cause I want my fair share. | 因为我想要我那份 |
[17:10] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[17:13] | What do you think your fair share is? | 你觉得你该分多少 |
[17:15] | Half. | 一半 |
[17:17] | Hm, guess that sounds right. | 听起来似乎合理 |
[17:19] | So how much are we making? | 我们到底能赚多少钱 |
[17:21] | $7.50 a week. | 每周七块五 |
[17:23] | – Really? – Really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[17:26] | Well, I want half that. | 那我要一半 |
[17:28] | Which is? | 那是多少 |
[17:30] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[17:32] | Sheldon! | 谢尔顿 |
[17:35] | Can we put on Soul Train? | 我们能看《灵魂火车》吗 |
[17:37] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:38] | There’s a girl on there I kind of want to marry. | 节目里有个女生我想娶她当老婆 |