时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[00:02] | – I’m Paige. – This is a very advanced class. | -我叫佩吉 -你知道这是十分进阶的课程吧 |
[00:05] | Do you know how to differentiate under the integral sign? | 那你知道怎么做莱布尼茨积分法则吗 |
[00:08] | No. | 不会 |
[00:08] | Do you know anything? | 那你知道什么啊 |
[00:10] | I know you’re in my spot. | 我知道你坐了我的专座 |
[00:12] | These are parents we can actually relate to. | 这是跟我们有共同之处的家长 |
[00:15] | – Sounds good. – Oh, thank you, Lord, | -好主意 -感谢主 让我们能认识 |
[00:17] | for connecting us with the parents of another special child. | 另一对有一个特别孩子的父母 |
[00:21] | You kids are special, too. | 你们俩孩子也很特别啊 |
[00:23] | I used to work at the practice with Barry, but I had to quit | 我以前在巴里的诊所上班 但后来不得不放弃了 |
[00:26] | once Paige’s schedule started to get busy. | 因为佩吉的日程排得很满 |
[00:28] | Well, a unique child can require a lot of attention. | 独特的孩子需要加倍的关注 |
[00:31] | Try all the attention. | 是全部的关注吧 |
[00:33] | Barry, it sounds like you might be feeling left out. | 巴里 听起来你觉得自己被冷落了 |
[00:35] | Sometimes I do. | 有时确实如此 |
[00:37] | Don’t you get him another beer. | 你别再给他啤酒了 |
[00:39] | Oh, come on. You love this, and you know it. | 你也很享受看好戏 你心里清楚 |
[00:41] | They’re as messed-up as we are. | 他们跟我们一样一团糟 |
[00:52] | From a young age, I was the proud member | 从小开始 我就是几个 |
[00:54] | of several elite organizations: | 精英组织骄傲的成员 |
[00:57] | The Radio Shack Battery Club, | 睿侠电池俱乐部 |
[00:59] | entitling the bearer to the incredible bargain | 会员能享有超划算福利 |
[01:01] | 睿侠电池俱乐部会员卡 谢尔顿·库珀 5501 格兰特大街 梅德福 德州 | |
[01:02] | of one free battery per month. | 每个月能得到一个免费电池 |
[01:04] | It’s no wonder they went out of business. | 难怪它们最后倒闭了 |
[01:06] | Starfleet International, entitling the bearer | 《星际迷航》舰队国际会员卡 会员能享有 |
[01:08] | to say things like, “I’m a member of Starfleet International.” | 说出”我是《星际迷航》舰队国际会员”的资格 |
[01:12] | And best of all, the Natural Science Museum of Texas, | 还有最棒的就是 德州自然科学博物馆会员 |
[01:17] | which included a free subscription to their magazine. | 会员能免费得到博物馆出的杂志 |
[01:19] | “The secrets of carbon isotope dating.” | “碳同位素定年法的奥秘” |
[01:22] | Juicy. | 有料 |
[01:26] | Mom, can you make the salad? | 妈 你可以帮我做色拉吗 |
[01:27] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[01:29] | Hey, don’t put in any of those little tomatoes. | 别加小番茄啊 |
[01:31] | Hey, I don’t tell you how to impersonate a lump of clay. | 我没多嘴教你怎么当你这样的一坨黏土 |
[01:34] | You don’t tell me how to make a salad. | 你也别来教我怎么做色拉 |
[01:36] | There’s going to be a lecture on carbon dating | 这周六在自然科学博物馆会有 |
[01:38] | at the Natural Science Museum on Saturday. | 碳同位素定年法的讲座 |
[01:41] | Who would like to take me? | 谁想要带我去呢 |
[01:42] | You know what? I’d be happy to. | 其实我非常乐意呢 |
[01:44] | What happened to helping me at my yard sale? | 那之前说好的帮忙我搞旧物拍卖呢 |
[01:47] | Ooh, is that this Saturday? | 那是在这周六吗 |
[01:48] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉啦 |
[01:49] | I’m taking him to a lecture on, uh… | 我得带他去听讲座… |
[01:51] | what is it? Carbonation? | 什么主题来着 碳化吗 |
[01:53] | Carbon dating. A method of determining | 碳测年 一种用来测定 |
[01:55] | the age of artifacts and fossils. | 史前文物与化石年份的方法 |
[01:56] | Hey, we could use that to figure out how old your grandma is. | 我们可以用这个方法来测你姥姥的年纪呢 |
[02:00] | That won’t work. | 这不管用 |
[02:01] | You can’t carbon-date something that’s alive. | 这方法没办法测活物的年份 |
[02:03] | Well, then, we’ll just chop her down and count the rings. | 那就把她给砍了然后数年轮吧 |
[02:06] | Oh, George, did my “lump of clay” remark strike a nerve? | 乔治啊 我喊你”一坨黏土”是不是伤到你啦 |
[02:12] | A little. | 稍微吧 |
[02:15] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:18] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:21] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:24] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:27] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:37] | Dad, do you believe that fossils are millions of years old? | 爸爸 你相信化石有上百万年的历史吗 |
[02:41] | I guess. Why? | 大概吧 怎么了 |
[02:43] | Well, Mom believes the world was only created 6,000 years ago. | 妈妈相信世界是在六千年前被创造出来的 |
[02:47] | Yeah. So? | 是啊 所以呢 |
[02:49] | Are these differences a sticking point in your marriage? | 这些思想差别不会让你们婚姻起冲突吗 |
[02:52] | Not at all. | 完全不会 |
[02:54] | – Why? – Simple. | -为什么 -很简单 |
[02:56] | We never talk about it. | 我们从来不谈这些事 |
[02:57] | So you just avoid discussing topics you don’t agree on? | 所以你们就避开聊会有分歧的话题吗 |
[03:01] | At all costs. | 不惜一切代价避免 |
[03:02] | Hearing that further convinces me I’ll never get married. | 听完这番话我又更肯定要永不结婚了 |
[03:06] | Never say never. | 永不说永不 |
[03:07] | Why not? You just said it twice. | 为何不行 你刚刚才说了两次 |
[03:12] | All right, as soon as I get these tables set up on the lawn, | 好了 我把桌子都摆到草坪上后 |
[03:15] | y’all can start bringing that stuff out. | 你们就可以开始把东西都搬出来了 |
[03:17] | You think you’re gonna get ten bucks for this piece of junk? | 你觉得这破烂能卖出去10块钱吗 |
[03:20] | Hey, that piece of junk is a wedding gift | 你说的那个垃圾可是我结婚时 |
[03:22] | from my cheap-ass Cousin Betty. | 我的铁公鸡亲戚贝蒂送的呢 |
[03:25] | And I was gonna leave a little room to haggle. | 而且我预留了一点让人讲价的空间 |
[03:27] | What’s a haggle? | 什么是讲价 |
[03:28] | Negotiating. You start high, | 谈判 你先开高价 |
[03:31] | they offer less, then you meet somewhere in the middle. | 他们会出低价 然后你们折中谈个价格 |
[03:33] | Leaves them feeling like, you know, they got a deal. | 让他们觉得自己好像赚到了 |
[03:36] | – Did they? – Not if you did it right. | -会赚到吗 -你聪明他们就赚不到 |
[03:39] | How much are we getting paid today? | 我们今天能得到多少辛苦费 |
[03:40] | You’re not getting paid squat. You’re helping out your meemaw. | 你们得到个屁啦 你们是在帮忙姥姥 |
[03:43] | That doesn’t seem fair. | 这样不太公平吧 |
[03:45] | Yeah, we should get something. | 对啊 好歹有些报酬 |
[03:46] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[03:48] | How much you want? | 你们想要多少钱 |
[03:49] | – Five dollars. – Each. | -5块钱 -每人 |
[03:51] | Each. | 每人 |
[03:53] | That’s pretty steep. | 价钱挺高啊 |
[03:54] | How about I give you a buck apiece? | 我给你们两个一人1块如何 |
[03:57] | Let’s meet in the middle… Three dollars each. | 咱们折中吧 一人给3块 |
[04:00] | Now we’re haggling. | 现在这就是讲价了 |
[04:02] | Let me ask you a question. | 让我问你们个问题 |
[04:04] | If you break something today, | 如果你们今天不小心打碎东西 |
[04:05] | are you prepared to cover the cost of that? | 你们准备好赔钱了吗 |
[04:07] | – No. – Nuh-uh. Mm. | -没 -没有 |
[04:08] | Well, we’re gonna have to factor that in. | 那我们得把这点算进来 |
[04:11] | And did you bring your own lunch? | 那你们自备午餐来了吗 |
[04:13] | You said we were getting pizza. | 你说了我们会叫披萨吃 |
[04:15] | Well, I did, but pizza ain’t free. | 是啊 但披萨不是免费的 |
[04:17] | And I’m teaching you about negotiating, | 而且我还教了你们谈判 |
[04:19] | which is a pretty valuable life lesson, right? | 这是人生挺宝贵的一课呢 |
[04:22] | – Yeah. – I guess so. | -是啦 -大概吧 |
[04:23] | So, if my math is right, | 所以如果我没算错 |
[04:26] | you owe me… two dollars each. | 你们一人欠我… 2块钱 |
[04:30] | We owe you? | 我们还欠你吗 |
[04:32] | The numbers don’t lie. | 数字不会骗人 |
[04:34] | Dang it. | 靠 |
[04:36] | All right, listen. | 好啦 听我说 |
[04:37] | I love ya, and you’re family, | 我爱你们 你们也是我的家人 |
[04:40] | so if you do it for nothing, we’ll call it even. | 所以如果你们免费干活儿 这笔账当两清了 |
[04:43] | Take it, take it, take it. | 接受 快接受吧 |
[04:45] | You got yourself a deal. | 这笔生意我们同意了 |
[04:47] | Y’all drive a hard bargain. | 你们俩可真是太会讲价了 |
[04:50] | Now start bringing that crap outside. | 现在开始把这些垃圾搬出来吧 |
[05:04] | Oh, my. | 我的天啊 |
[05:05] | Yeah. | 厉害 |
[05:07] | I bet he dresses down | 我猜如果把它肉都割下来 |
[05:08] | to about 6,000, 7,000 pounds of USDA prime. | 估计能弄出大概3000公斤的顶级好肉 |
[05:11] | You would eat him? | 你会吃它肉吗 |
[05:12] | He’d eat me. | 反过来它也会吃我啊 |
[05:16] | Wow. You’re really cleaning house. | 你真的是要大清仓呢 |
[05:19] | Got to get rid of the old gar-bage, | 不清掉这些旧的破烂 |
[05:21] | make room for the new gar-bage. | 怎么有位子放新的破烂 |
[05:24] | This was Dad’s. | 这是爸爸的东西 |
[05:25] | You’re not getting rid of this, are you? | 你不会要把这个卖掉吧 |
[05:27] | Didn’t need it when he shot it, | 在他射杀时就不需要它 |
[05:28] | didn’t need it when he stuffed it, | 在他做标本时也不需要它 |
[05:30] | – don’t need it now. – Really? | -现在就更不需要它了 -真的吗 |
[05:32] | It was his first attempt at taxidermy. | 这是他第一次尝试做动物标本的作品 |
[05:34] | He was so proud. | 他可引以为傲了 |
[05:35] | If it has sentimental value to you, | 如果你对它有感情 |
[05:37] | I’ll let you have it for five dollars. | 我愿意5块钱卖给你 |
[05:38] | Ooh. For this nasty thing? | 5块钱买这个恶心玩意吗 |
[05:41] | Oh, you’re selling his golf clubs, too? | 你也要卖掉他的高尔夫球杆吗 |
[05:44] | Which one of your children do you see | 你那几个孩子里你能看出有谁 |
[05:46] | hanging out with Arnold Palmer in the future? | 哪天能跟高尔夫大神玩在一起吗 |
[05:49] | Dad’s clothes, his shoes, his pipes? | 爸爸的衣服 鞋子 烟斗都卖吗 |
[05:52] | Honey, it’s just stuff. | 亲爱的 这都只是俗物罢了 |
[05:54] | I know, but still… | 我知道 但是… |
[05:56] | I get how you’re feeling. | 我理解你的感受 |
[05:58] | I do. | 我真的明白 |
[05:59] | Now go away. | 但现在赶紧滚蛋吧 |
[06:00] | I got a lot of crap to sell. | 我还有很多破烂要卖呢 |
[06:06] | All right, now, don’t wander off. | 到了 你听我说 不许乱跑 |
[06:08] | Pick you up right after the lecture’s over. | 讲座一结束我就来接你 |
[06:11] | Bye. | 再见 |
[06:13] | You gonna be okay by yourself? | 你自己待着不会有问题吧 |
[06:15] | I actually prefer it. | 我其实更喜欢独处呢 |
[06:18] | Yep. I’m leaving. | 好吧 那我走啦 |
[06:21] | You keep saying that, but then you don’t do it. | 你一直说要走 但脚一直不迈开 |
[06:26] | Bye. | 再见 |
[06:28] | He’s so needy. | 他好粘人啊 |
[06:30] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[06:32] | Paige? | 佩吉 |
[06:33] | I’m so happy to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[06:35] | Are you happy to see me? | 你高兴见到我吗 |
[06:37] | Not immediately. | 没有立刻就高兴 |
[06:39] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[06:40] | I’m happy enough for both of us. | 我高兴的程度够两人份了 |
[06:55] | George? | 乔治 |
[06:58] | Hi. | 您好 |
[06:59] | Oh, Paige’s mom. | 我是佩吉的妈妈 |
[07:01] | I know. | 我当然知道啦 |
[07:02] | What a nice surprise. | 真是意外之喜啊 |
[07:04] | I just dropped Paige off at the carbon-dating lecture. | 我刚把佩吉带去听碳测年法的讲座 |
[07:06] | And I dropped Sheldon. | 我也刚带谢尔顿去听 |
[07:08] | Well, how about that? | 真是巧啊 |
[07:09] | How about it. | 无巧不成书 |
[07:11] | Mind if I join you? | 不介意我坐下吧 |
[07:14] | Sure. | 请坐 |
[07:19] | So, uh, where’s your… your hubby? | 所以你的… 你的老公呢 |
[07:22] | – Oh, Barry? – Barry. Yeah. | -巴里吗 -对 巴里 |
[07:24] | Who cares? | 谁管他啊 |
[07:27] | That doesn’t sound good. | 这听起来不太对啊 |
[07:28] | Oh, sorry. Just ignore me. | 抱歉 你别理我 |
[07:32] | Okay. | 行 |
[07:33] | Oh, hey, you want a wing? | 你要来一只鸡翅吗 |
[07:35] | Yeah, no, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[07:38] | You mind if I watch the game? | 你不介意我看比赛吧 |
[07:40] | Oh, no, not at all. Enjoy. | 不 完全不介意 你请看 |
[07:43] | I’ll just see what kind of pie they have. | 我在看他们这边提供哪些派 |
[07:50] | Well, we were here last year when Arkansas… | 我们去年也来了这里 当时阿肯色州… |
[07:56] | It’s getting a little tougher to ignore you. | 有点难不注意到你啊 |
[07:59] | Oh. I’m sorry. It’s just… | 对不起 我只是… |
[08:01] | Oh… forget it. | 算了啦 |
[08:04] | Okeydoke. | 恭敬不如从命 |
[08:05] | Fine, I’ll tell you. Barry and I haven’t been in a good place | 好啦 我告诉你 巴里跟我感情状况 |
[08:08] | in a long time, and I… | 已经不好很久了 而我… |
[08:11] | I think we’re headed for divorce. | 我觉得我们可能要离婚了 |
[08:15] | I’m sorry. Uh… | 我很遗憾 |
[08:17] | I don’t know what to say. | 我也不知道该说什么了 |
[08:21] | You don’t have to say anything. | 你不用特别说什么啦 |
[08:24] | That I can do. | 这个我可以做到 |
[08:27] | They have cobbler. | 这里有卖水果馅饼 |
[08:33] | All right, everybody, welcome. | 好的 欢迎各位前来 |
[08:35] | Glad to see we got so many people interested | 好高兴能看到有众多 |
[08:37] | in radioactive decay. | 对放射性衰变感兴趣的朋友们 |
[08:39] | Well, hello. | 你们好啊 |
[08:40] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[08:41] | This is a nice surprise. | 真是没有想到呢 |
[08:43] | I don’t usually see young people at my lectures. | 我很少见到我的讲座上有这么年轻的朋友 |
[08:45] | I enjoyed your paper on accelerator mass spectrometry, | 我很喜欢您的加速剖谱法论文 |
[08:48] | and wanted to find out more. | 想要来了解更多东西 |
[08:50] | Is that so? | 是这样吗 |
[08:52] | And you? | 那你呢 |
[08:53] | I read this magazine. | 我读了这本杂志 |
[08:57] | It has puzzles, too. | 里面还有谜题呢 |
[09:00] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[09:03] | Do you want to kick this off | 你想不想在讲座开始时 |
[09:04] | and tell us exactly what carbon dating is? | 先跟大家说到底什么是碳测年法呢 |
[09:07] | The 5,730-year half-life of carbon 14 | 碳14的5730年的半衰期 |
[09:10] | is used as a geochronometer. | 被人们用来当做地质时标 |
[09:12] | Anything else you’d like to add? | 你有什么想补充的吗 |
[09:18] | carbon dating is how we figured out how old my grandmother is. | 碳测年法能被用来检测我姥姥有多少岁 |
[09:26] | It was at this moment I learned | 在那一刻我认识到了 |
[09:28] | I was not only brilliant; I was also hilarious. | 我不只聪明绝顶 我还幽默风趣 |
[09:38] | I mean, you, of all people, would understand. | 世界上所有人中 你应该是最能理解的了 |
[09:41] | You’ve got a special child of your own. | 你自己也有一个特别的孩子 |
[09:44] | I do, I do. | 是的 我家有 |
[09:46] | How do you and Mary handle the stress? | 你跟玛丽是怎么承受这份压力的呢 |
[09:48] | Well, we actually have a pretty good system. | 我们其实有一个挺不错的方法 |
[09:50] | Oh, please tell me. | 求你教教我吧 |
[09:53] | We don’t talk about it. | 我们不谈这些事 |
[09:55] | Not at all? | 完全不谈吗 |
[09:56] | Zippo. | 完全不 |
[09:59] | Boy, that doesn’t sound like it could work. | 天啊 感觉这招不能行啊 |
[10:01] | Suit yourself, but I’m having a nice day; | 随你怎么想 但我正过着美好的一天 |
[10:04] | you’re crying into your peach cobbler. | 而你对着桃子馅饼以泪洗面 |
[10:07] | For now, let’s neglect changes in the isotopic ratio | 现在先忽略千年来空气里的 |
[10:11] | of the air over thousands of years. | 同位素比的变化 |
[10:14] | This is pretty basic stuff. | 这是好基本的东西 |
[10:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:19] | I’m bored. | 我好无聊啊 |
[10:21] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们走吧 |
[10:22] | I can’t. I told my dad | 不可以 我跟我爸爸说好 |
[10:24] | I’d stay here until the end of the lecture. | 我会在这里待到讲座结束 |
[10:27] | Okay. Be a baby. | 行吧 当个小屁孩 |
[10:30] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[10:32] | In our case, the math yields | 在这个案例中 算完的结果 |
[10:33] | approximately 48,000 years. | 大概是在48000年 |
[10:38] | I was most certainly not a baby. | 我绝对不是个小屁孩 |
[10:40] | If anyone was a baby, it was she, | 如果要说谁是小屁孩 那肯定是她 |
[10:42] | because people who call other people babies | 因为会叫别人小屁孩的人 |
[10:44] | are the real babies. | 自己才是真正的小屁孩 |
[10:47] | Wait up. | 等我 |
[10:54] | I like it. | 我喜欢它 |
[10:56] | It likes you. | 它也喜欢你 |
[10:57] | – How much? – Five dollars. | -多少钱 -5块钱 |
[10:59] | I only have 50 cents. | 我只有5毛钱 |
[11:01] | That’s okay. We’re haggling. | 没关系 我们可以讲价 |
[11:03] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不懂这个词是什么意思 |
[11:05] | You make me an offer, and we meet in the middle. | 你出个价 然后我们折中谈个价 |
[11:08] | The middle of what? | 折哪个中 |
[11:10] | I’m not really sure. | 我也不是很确定 |
[11:24] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[11:26] | Considering buying this jacket. | 考虑买这件夹克 |
[11:28] | I found chewing tobacco and Juicy Fruit in the pocket. | 我还在口袋里找到了咀嚼用烟草与口香糖 |
[11:32] | Does that come with it, or is it extra? | 这是随夹克附赠还是要钱 |
[11:36] | Actually, that’s not for sale. | 其实这件是非卖品 |
[11:37] | Why don’t you look for something else. | 你看看别的东西吧 |
[11:39] | You sure? There’s a price tag on it. | 你确定吗 上面贴了价钱呢 |
[11:41] | Just take it off. | 脱下来就是了 |
[11:43] | Is this some kind of bargaining technique? | 这是什么独特的谈价招数吗 |
[11:45] | Because I should warn you. | 我得先警告你 |
[11:47] | I’ve been to the bazaars in Istanbul, | 我曾经去过伊斯坦堡的市集 |
[11:50] | where the negotiations are fast, furious and bilingual. | 那里的讲价风风火火还得双语进行 |
[11:55] | Just take it off, damn it. | 少废话 老娘让你脱你就脱 |
[12:01] | What just happened? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
[12:03] | That’s my dad’s jacket. | 那是先父的夹克 |
[12:08] | Still don’t know what happened. | 还是没懂哪里出了问题 |
[12:12] | Do you think humans will become extinct like the dinosaurs? | 你觉得人类有可能像恐龙一样灭绝吗 |
[12:15] | Yes, but before that happens, some of us will merge | 可能 但当那一刻到来 我们其中一部分人 |
[12:18] | with computers and become immortal cyborgs. | 会跟电脑合而为一 变成永生的电子人 |
[12:20] | That’s a fascinating idea. | 这是很不错的想法呢 |
[12:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:24] | Did you get that from a TV show? | 你是从电视上学到的想法吗 |
[12:26] | No. | 不是 |
[12:29] | A comic book. | 是漫画啦 |
[12:33] | And then when Paige turned six, it was obvious | 当佩吉满6岁的时候 很明显 |
[12:35] | she wasn’t like the other kids, | 她跟其他孩子完全不一样 |
[12:36] | and she needed a school where she could excel. | 所以她需要去一间能让她大放异彩的学校 |
[12:38] | – Uh-huh. – But Barry’s dental practice | -嗯哼 -但巴里的牙科诊所 |
[12:40] | was 50 miles outside of Fayetteville, | 离费耶特维尔的学校有80公里远呢 |
[12:42] | and do you know what’s available for extraordinary children | 你知道离费耶特维尔有80公里远的孩子 |
[12:45] | 50 miles outside of Fayetteville? | 还有什么别的选择吗 |
[12:47] | – I’m gonna guess not much. – Nothing. | -我猜没什么选择 -是什么都没有 |
[12:49] | So I packed us up, and I made him move to Texas where, | 所以我打包了一切 让他带我们搬到德州来 |
[12:52] | believe it or not, people do get cavities. | 反正你猜怎么着 这里的人也有蛀牙 |
[12:55] | I believe it. I had a humdinger last summer. | 我相信 我去年夏天也有过经验 |
[12:58] | Face swelled up like a cantaloupe. | 脸肿到像个哈密瓜那么大 |
[12:59] | And do you know he’s been cool to me ever since, | 而且你知道从那之后他就对我冷淡 |
[13:02] | even though his practice is making money | 哪怕他的诊所在这赚大发了 |
[13:04] | – hand over fist. – Yeah, yeah. | -钱都数不过来 -是啊是啊 |
[13:07] | And as much as he says I ignore him, | 尽管他总说我忽视他 |
[13:08] | he ignores me just as much. | 他自己也没少忽视我好吗 |
[13:10] | I mean, would it kill him to get a babysitter every once in a while | 他偶尔请个保姆来看一下孩子会死吗 |
[13:12] | and take me to dinner, maybe a movie? | 然后带我去吃顿晚饭 或看场电影 |
[13:14] | It would not. | 绝对不会死 |
[13:15] | Oh, darn. You didn’t see me. | 惨了 别说你有看见我 |
[13:23] | George! | 乔治 |
[13:26] | Hey. | 你好啊 |
[13:28] | Paige’s dad. | 佩吉的爸爸 |
[13:30] | Barry. Yeah, of course, I remember. | 巴里嘛 我当然记得你啦 |
[13:32] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么呢 |
[13:33] | Uh, just, you know, | 你懂的 |
[13:35] | Sheldon wanted to go to a science lecture. | 谢尔顿想去听科学讲座嘛 |
[13:37] | No kidding. | 不是吧 |
[13:38] | We just dropped Paige off there. | 我也刚送佩吉去听 |
[13:40] | You don’t say. | 真是巧啊 |
[13:41] | 史前人类展 闭馆修缮中 | |
[13:43] | Caveman stuff. I love that. | 穴居人的东西 我喜欢 |
[13:45] | Where are you going? It’s closed. | 你要去哪里 这里关闭了 |
[13:47] | I can read… baby. | 我认字好吗 小屁孩 |
[13:53] | Just so you know, that won’t work every time. | 我告诉你 你这招不会一直有效的 |
[13:57] | You haven’t, uh, seen Linda around, have you? | 你没有在附近见到琳达吧 |
[13:59] | Linda. | 琳达 |
[14:01] | Your wife, Linda. | 你老婆嘛 琳达 |
[14:03] | Yeah. No. | 没见到 |
[14:05] | So what’s new? | 近来可好 |
[14:07] | Oh, not much. | 没什么特别的 |
[14:08] | Hey, you like football? | 你喜欢看橄榄球吗 |
[14:09] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[14:10] | Well, you sure? It’s a close game. | 你确定吗 比分很接近的精彩比赛呢 |
[14:12] | Uh, no, no, I’m, uh, more of a tennis man. | 不了不了 我个人比较喜欢网球 |
[14:17] | Well, those are two very different sports, aren’t they? | 这还真是两项非常不同的运动呢 对吧 |
[14:24] | George… can I confide in you? | 乔治 我能跟你吐露一些心事吗 |
[14:42] | This is oddly reminiscent of a dinner with my family. | 这里莫名让我想起我家共进晚餐的画面 |
[14:47] | You’re funny. | 你真搞笑 |
[14:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:49] | My family never eats dinner together. | 我家从来不一起共进晚餐 |
[14:52] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[14:53] | My dad always manages to come home from work after we’re done. | 我爸爸总是能在我们吃饱饭后才到家 |
[14:57] | Hmm. My dad never misses a meal. | 我爸爸从不错过任何一餐 |
[15:00] | Do you think Stone Age parents stayed together forever? | 你觉得石器时代的父母会一生相守吗 |
[15:03] | They had to. There were no lawyers. | 必须啊 当时没有离婚律师 |
[15:06] | What? | 怎么 |
[15:07] | That was funny. | 这话很好笑 |
[15:09] | Right, we’ve established I’m funny. | 是的 我们刚才已经证实过我很幽默了 |
[15:11] | Well, I think my parents are getting a divorce. | 我觉得我父母可能要离婚了 |
[15:13] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:14] | They fight all the time. | 他们整天吵架 |
[15:16] | – About what? – Mostly me. | -吵什么呢 -吵我的事吧 |
[15:19] | Hmm. That’s too bad. | 那真是太遗憾了 |
[15:21] | I guess I’m lucky. | 我想我很幸运吧 |
[15:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:25] | I’m the glue that holds our family together. | 我是把我家凝聚在一起的粘合剂 |
[15:28] | What are you kids doing in there? | 你们俩孩子在里面干嘛 |
[15:34] | Okay, ten cents a week for a whole year. | 行吧 一周1毛钱 付你一整年 |
[15:37] | I get the raccoon, and to tell people you’re my girlfriend. | 我带走浣熊 然后跟别人说你是我女朋友 |
[15:40] | 15 cents a week, and if you say hello to me in school, | 一周1毛5 如果你在学校跟我打招呼 |
[15:43] | I’ll say hello back. | 我也会跟你打招呼 |
[15:46] | Deal. | 成交 |
[15:48] | Connie, I need to apologize. | 康妮 我想向你道歉 |
[15:52] | Oh, that’s okay. Don’t worry about it. | 没事啦 别放在心上 |
[15:54] | No, I am worrying about it. | 不 我的确放心上了 |
[15:56] | I didn’t realize that with you and I being in a relationship, | 我没意识到我跟你在交往 |
[16:00] | me wearing your dead husband’s clothes | 我穿着你去世丈夫的衣服 |
[16:02] | would be emotionally challenging for you. | 会让你情绪上有些难接受 |
[16:06] | All right, apology accepted. | 好吧 我接受你的道歉 |
[16:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:14] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[16:18] | I guess I just didn’t expect that getting rid of my… | 我可能没有预料到卖掉我… |
[16:23] | my husband’s stuff was gonna hit me so hard. | 我去世老公的东西会让我那么难受 |
[16:29] | He must have been a wonderful man. | 他肯定是个很棒的男人 |
[16:34] | Well, he had his moments. | 他是有过他好的时候啦 |
[16:35] | He was married to a wonderful woman, so that says a lot. | 他娶了一个这么杰出的女性 肯定不一般 |
[16:41] | You’re pretty wonderful yourself. | 你也很棒啦 |
[16:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:46] | Now, let’s talk about this hula girl lamp. | 我们来聊聊这个草裙女郎灯 |
[16:51] | What’s your best price? | 你能给我多便宜的价格 |
[16:53] | It’s my gift to you. | 我送你了 |
[16:55] | Nice haggle. | 很会讲价啊 |
[16:57] | Nice mullet. | 很会吃鱼排啊 |
[17:00] | Thanks again. | 再次谢谢你们 |
[17:01] | Real sorry about this. | 真的很抱歉 |
[17:04] | What were you thinking? | 你在想什么呢 |
[17:05] | I got bored. | 我无聊了嘛 |
[17:07] | ‘Cause you’re a baby. | 因为你是个小屁孩 |
[17:08] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[17:10] | Everything’s fine. | 没事了 |
[17:10] | They just wandered off. | 他们俩乱跑了而已 |
[17:12] | Hey, Linda, nice to see you. | 琳达 很高兴见到你啊 |
[17:15] | George, Sheldon’s dad. | 我是乔治 谢尔顿的父亲 |
[17:17] | Oh, sure, yes. Hi. | 当然 你好啊 |
[17:19] | Well, good to see you folks. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[17:23] | Take care. | 保重 |
[17:27] | Did you know that her parents are getting a divorce? | 你知道她父母要离婚的事吗 |
[17:29] | Just keep walking. Keep walking. | 多动脚 少动嘴 |
[17:37] | What… what is that for? | 这… 这是干嘛 |
[17:39] | Well, can’t I appreciate my wife? | 我不能感激我的娇妻吗 |
[17:42] | What did you do now? | 你又做了什么事 |
[17:43] | I didn’t do anything. | 我没做什么啊 |
[17:45] | Want to hear something cool? | 想听一件很酷的事吗 |
[17:47] | Sheldon skipped out of that lecture | 谢尔顿翘了那堂讲座 |
[17:49] | with that little Paige girl, snuck into a closed exhibit. | 跟那个佩吉姑娘一起溜进了关闭的展览场 |
[17:52] | – You’re kidding. – True. | -不是吧 -是真的 |
[17:54] | Even got, uh, “arrested” by the museum security cops. | 而且还被博物馆安保人员给”逮捕”了 |
[17:57] | Why would you think that’s cool? | 那你觉得是哪里酷了呢 |
[17:59] | Sheldon got into trouble with a girl! | 谢尔顿跟个姑娘一起惹了麻烦 |
[18:02] | I’m bursting with pride. | 我真是骄傲到不行啊 |
[18:05] | You know what? I don’t want to talk about it. | 你知道吗 我不想谈这件事 |
[18:08] | There, right there. | 没错 就是这个 |
[18:11] | That’s why I love you. | 这就是为什么我爱你 |
[18:20] | You gonna eat your beans? | 你要吃你的豆子吗 |
[18:21] | Yeah, I’m gonna eat my beans. Duh. | 当然 我要吃我的豆子 |
[18:24] | What about your tots? | 那你的薯块呢 |
[18:25] | – Those, too. – Georgie! | -我也要吃 -小乔治 |
[18:27] | Just eat your own dinner. | 吃你自己盘里的食物 |
[18:29] | – Dad? – Can’t have my tots, either! | -老爸 -你也别想吃我的薯块 |