时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Not all science is created equal. | 各种科学学科并非平等 |
[00:05] | There’s physics, the undisputed king of science. | 比如物理 无可争辩的科学之王 |
[00:09] | There’s chemistry. It’s no physics, | 还有化学 虽然比不上物理 |
[00:11] | but it’s not a bad way to pass a rainy afternoon. | 但用来打发下雨的午后时光也还不错 |
[00:13] | And then there’s biology, | 还有生物学 |
[00:16] | the squishiest of the sciences. | 科学里最黏糊糊的一门 |
[00:19] | Once you have deposited enough saliva | 等你们加入了足够的口水 |
[00:22] | in the blue Benedict’s solution, | 进蓝色贝内迪克特溶液后 |
[00:24] | we’ll mix it in the centrifuge. | 我们就将它们放入离心机中混合 |
[00:26] | After that, we’ll pass it through the spectrometer | 之后我们再使用分光光度计 |
[00:29] | to measure how much glucose is present. | 来测定其中含有多少葡萄糖 |
[00:32] | And won’t that be a party? | 是不是想想就好玩啊 |
[00:33] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[00:52] | Oh, dear. Oh, dear. | 天啊 天啊 |
[00:53] | It’s warm. Oh, dear. | 还是温的 天啊 |
[00:56] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[00:59] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:02] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:05] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:08] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:16] | And then there was some extra money in the budget, | 然后还剩一点多余的预算 |
[01:18] | so I was able to order those tackling dummies I had my eye on. | 我就去添购我想买很久的擒抱练习假人了 |
[01:21] | I don’t understand why the football program gets | 我不懂为什么橄榄球队 |
[01:23] | so much money, while the equipment in the science lab | 预算这么多 而科学教室里的设备 |
[01:25] | is outdated and falling apart. | 过时到都开始坏了 |
[01:27] | Oh, I can explain that. | 我可以解释 |
[01:28] | This is Texas. | 因为这里是德州 |
[01:29] | Pass the ribs. | 把肋排递过来 |
[01:30] | Well, it’s not fair. | 这样不公平 |
[01:31] | It’s a school. | 这是学校 |
[01:32] | Education should be their priority. | 教育应该摆在第一位 |
[01:34] | All right, I’ll explain it again… | 好 我再跟你解释一次 |
[01:36] | I think Shelly’s got a point. | 我觉得谢利说的话不无道理 |
[01:37] | The school is supposed to prepare these kids for the future. | 学校应该是帮助孩子们做好未来的准备 |
[01:40] | How many of ’em are gonna be professional football players? | 这些孩子里有多少人能成为专业橄榄球运动员呢 |
[01:43] | No one at this table. | 这张桌上没有 |
[01:45] | But how many of ’em are gonna be scientists? | 那有多少人会成为科学家呢 |
[01:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:49] | George, isn’t there a way they can take some | 乔治 难道就没有办法 |
[01:51] | of the football money and spend it on science? | 分一点橄榄球队的预算给科学教室吗 |
[01:53] | Really? I need to explain it again? | 不是吧 需要我再解释一次吗 |
[01:55] | You know, Moon Pie, in the ’60s, when the hippies wanted to change things, | 小饼饼 在60年代 当嬉皮士想要求改革时 |
[01:59] | they would just protest. | 他们就会去抗议 |
[02:00] | – You were a hippie? – Oh, no. | -你以前是嬉皮士吗 -当然不是 |
[02:02] | But I wrote a letter complaining about the hippies, | 但我曾经写信投诉过那些嬉皮士 |
[02:04] | and the police chased ’em right out of that park. | 然后警察把他们赶出了公园 |
[02:07] | So my point is… | 所以我的重点是… |
[02:09] | maybe you could write a letter. | 或许你可以写一封信 |
[02:10] | Ooh! Maybe I can lodge a formal complaint | 或许我可以发一封正式投诉信 |
[02:13] | with the school board about the sports budget infringing | 给学校董事会表示体育部门侵占了 |
[02:15] | on the other departments. | 其他部门的预算 |
[02:16] | Okay, last time: | 行了 我最后说一次 |
[02:18] | Canada, | 加拿大 |
[02:19] | the other states, | 其他省 |
[02:21] | us. | 与我大德州省 |
[02:30] | What are you doing, standing there? | 你站在这里干嘛 |
[02:32] | I wrote a formal complaint letter to the school board | 我写了一封正式投诉信给学校董事会 |
[02:35] | on how much money is spent on football. | 是有关橄榄球队花掉了多少学校预算 |
[02:37] | I was hoping you could deliver it to them. | 我是希望你能转交给他们 |
[02:39] | You do realize your father’s a coach here. | 你知道你爸爸是我校橄榄球队的教练吧 |
[02:41] | Yes, sir, I do. | 是的先生 我知道 |
[02:42] | Maybe you ought to talk to him about this first. | 或许你应该先跟他谈谈这事 |
[02:44] | I did. | 我们谈过了 |
[02:45] | He didn’t care for the idea at all. | 他完全懒得鸟我这想法 |
[02:47] | Well, there you go. | 那就是啦 |
[02:50] | There I go what? | 是什么啊 |
[02:53] | Let me see that. | 我看看 |
[02:56] | “Barbaric sport… encourages bloodlust similar | “野蛮的运动… 提倡血腥暴力 |
[02:59] | to Roman gladiator games… | 与罗马角斗士相似 |
[03:01] | Christians, lions… | 基督徒 狮子 |
[03:03] | money better spent on science and learning.” | 预算最好花在科学与学习上” |
[03:06] | You’re joking, right? | 你是在开玩笑的吧 |
[03:07] | Did you see the word “bazinga” anywhere in that letter? | 你有在信里的任何一处看到”逗你玩”吗 |
[03:14] | Out. | 出去 |
[03:15] | I’ll just have to go over his head. | 看来我只能越级上访了 |
[03:20] | 竞选学生会主席 投票将在下周进行 | |
[03:22] | President Cooper. | 库珀主席 |
[03:23] | That’s serendipitous. | 踏破铁鞋无觅处啊 |
[03:27] | Hello. | 你好 |
[03:30] | What? | 干嘛 |
[03:31] | I understand that you’re in charge of student elections. | 据我了解 您是学生会选举的负责人 |
[03:35] | I am. | 是的 |
[03:36] | I’d like to run for class president. | 我想要参选学生会主席 |
[03:39] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[03:40] | Really. | 真的 |
[03:42] | Okay. | 行 |
[03:44] | You can sign up, but I have to warn you– | 你可以报名 但我先提醒你 |
[03:46] | you’ll be running against Nell Cavanaugh. | 你的对手将会是内尔·卡瓦诺 |
[03:49] | So? | 所以呢 |
[03:51] | She’s well-liked by the student body. | 她广受全体学生喜爱 |
[03:53] | So? | 所以呢 |
[03:54] | These elections tend to be a bit of a popularity contest. | 这些选举其实常变得更像是人气票选 |
[03:57] | – So? – You’re gonna make me say it, huh? | -所以呢 -你就是要逼我直说出来是吧 |
[04:00] | Say what? | 说什么 |
[04:02] | People don’t like you. | 大家不喜欢你 |
[04:03] | Well, as my meemaw likes to say, water off a duck’s back. | 就像我姥姥常说的 这话如水过鸭背 毫无影响 |
[04:06] | Elections shouldn’t be about popularity. | 选举不应该变成人气票选 |
[04:08] | They should be about who has the best ideas. | 应该是选出有最好主意的人 |
[04:12] | And what’s your idea? | 那你有什么主意 |
[04:13] | Less money on football, | 缩减橄榄球队预算 |
[04:15] | more on science. | 注入科学学习上 |
[04:18] | Really. | 是吗 |
[04:19] | Guess what. I’m running for class president. | 你猜怎么着 我要参选学生会主席啦 |
[04:22] | Good for you. | 那很棒啊 |
[04:24] | You’re encouraging him? | 你还鼓励他吗 |
[04:25] | He’s gonna get destroyed. | 他会被人搞得体无完肤 |
[04:27] | You don’t know that. | 你怎么知道一定会这样 |
[04:28] | I feel like I do. | 我感觉我真的知道 |
[04:30] | Well, whether you win or not, | 无论你最后是否赢得选举 |
[04:32] | I think it’s great that you’re trying. | 我觉得你愿意尝试就很棒了 |
[04:34] | But you think I’ll win, right? | 但你觉得我会赢的吧 |
[04:37] | God’s listening, Mom. | 人在说 上帝在听 老妈 |
[04:40] | I think it’s certainly possible. | 我觉得你绝对有可能胜选 |
[04:42] | Do you have a campaign strategy? | 你有竞选策略了吗 |
[04:44] | No. | 没有 |
[04:45] | Do you have a catchy slogan? | 那你有朗朗上口的口号吗 |
[04:47] | No. | 没有 |
[04:48] | Does he have a shot at winning? | 他有胜选的可能吗 |
[04:49] | No. | 没有 |
[04:53] | Hello, I’d like to speak to the mayor, please. | 您好 我想跟市长通话 谢谢 |
[04:56] | My name is Sheldon Cooper. | 我的名字叫谢尔顿·库珀 |
[04:57] | I’m running for class president | 我将要参选学生会主席 |
[04:58] | and was hoping he could give me some advice. | 希望能跟他请教选举事情 |
[05:02] | I’m ten years old. | 我10岁 |
[05:03] | But if it helps get him on the phone, | 但如果能让他更愿意接电话 |
[05:04] | I’m well-behaved, a straight-A student, | 请告诉他我举止良好 成绩出色 |
[05:06] | and have impeccable hygiene. | 卫生习惯更是无懈可击 |
[05:09] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:10] | This is Mayor Harrison. | 我是哈里森市长 |
[05:11] | I understand you are running for office. | 我听说你要参选 |
[05:14] | Class president. | 选学生会主席 |
[05:16] | Do you have any advice on how to win? | 您有任何帮助胜选的建议分享吗 |
[05:18] | The most important thing is to get out there | 最重要的事情就是走入选区 |
[05:20] | and connect with people. | 与选民们建立感情 |
[05:22] | That’s tricky. | 这有点难啊 |
[05:23] | I’m not terribly fond of people. | 我不是这么喜欢跟人接触 |
[05:25] | Well, you might need to get over that. | 那你可能得克服这一点 |
[05:27] | Assuming I can, | 假设我能做到这个 |
[05:28] | how do I connect with them? | 我该如何跟他们建立起感情呢 |
[05:30] | A friendly handshake is a great start. | 一个友善的握手是很好的开始 |
[05:32] | Oh, boy. | 要命 |
[05:33] | Now I have to touch them? | 现在我还得碰他们吗 |
[05:36] | Over the next few days, | 在接下来的几天中 |
[05:37] | I mounted my campaign. | 我开始了竞选活动 |
[05:39] | My name is Sheldon Cooper, and I’m runing for class president. | 我叫谢尔顿·库珀 我将要竞选学生会主席 |
[05:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:43] | Put her there. | 来握个爪吧 |
[05:46] | Greetings, fellow students. | 各位同学 你们好啊 |
[05:48] | I’m running for class president. | 我将要竞选学生会主席 |
[05:50] | Here’s a button. | 这是我的选民纪念胸章 |
[05:53] | Have a grown-up put them on you. | 记得请大人帮你们别上 |
[05:54] | They’re sharp. | 针很锋利 |
[05:57] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:57] | I’m Sheldon Cooper, | 我叫谢尔顿·库珀 |
[05:58] | and I’m running for class president. | 我将要竞选学生会主席 |
[06:00] | – Yeah? – I understand you had a baby last year. | -然后呢 -据我了解 你去年生过孩子 |
[06:03] | If you bring it in, I’ll try to kiss it. | 如果你带它来 我会试着亲它 |
[06:14] | Vote Sheldon for class president. | 一人一票让谢尔顿当学生会主席 |
[06:16] | Vote Sheldon for class president. | 一人一票让谢尔顿当学生会主席 |
[06:19] | Vote Sheldon for class president. | 一人一票让谢尔顿当学生会主席 |
[06:22] | Don’t worry– it’s a number two. | 别担心 是2B铅笔 |
[06:23] | You can use it on standardized tests. | 正常考试都能使用 |
[06:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:27] | And, of course, homework. | 当然啦 写作业也能用 |
[06:28] | I love homework. | 我可喜欢作业了 |
[06:30] | Well, it’s so nice to finally meet you. | 很高兴终于见到你了 |
[06:32] | I’m Nell Cavanaugh. | 我叫内尔·卡瓦诺 |
[06:33] | My opponent. | 我的竞选对手 |
[06:35] | I would shake your hand, but my mom is washing my mittens. | 我很乐意跟你握手 但我的手套我妈拿去洗了 |
[06:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:41] | She was really nice. | 她人很好呢 |
[06:42] | She even said, “May the best student win.” | 她还说”希望最适任的学生能赢” |
[06:44] | That’s sweet. | 那很棒啊 |
[06:46] | This was a great idea. | 这真是个好主意 |
[06:47] | Children like cupcakes, and, by giving them cupcakes, | 孩子们都喜欢小蛋糕 通过送他们小蛋糕 |
[06:50] | they’ll transfer that affinity to me. | 他们就会把这喜爱转移到我身上 |
[06:52] | That’s another way of looking at it. | 也是可以用这个角度看啦 |
[06:54] | By that reasoning, a rich person could simply buy people’s votes. | 根据这个道理 有钱人可以轻松买到选票 |
[06:58] | It’s been known to happen. | 买票不是什么新鲜事了 |
[07:00] | Until my ship comes in, | 在我发财之前 |
[07:01] | I guess it’s cupcakes. | 暂时只能先用小蛋糕了 |
[07:03] | Georgie, check it out. | 小乔治 你看看 |
[07:05] | Oh, man, I hate that he’s doing this. | 妈呀 我真的很讨厌他这样 |
[07:08] | What? It’s cute. | 怎么会 很萌啊 |
[07:09] | It’s embarrassing. | 太丢我脸了 |
[07:11] | I would think you’d be proud of him. | 我觉得你应该会以他为荣才对啊 |
[07:13] | That’s ’cause you’re a better person than me. | 那是因为你是个比我好太多的人 |
[07:15] | Maybe you ought to ask God to take away your anger | 或许你该请求上帝把你的愤怒拿走 |
[07:18] | and replace it with love. | 并将之转为爱 |
[07:19] | Can I ask him to take away my brother instead? | 那我能请求祂改把我弟弟带走吗 |
[07:22] | Georgie. | 小乔治 |
[07:24] | Not kill him– | 不是拿去宰了啦 |
[07:25] | just strand him on an island somewhere. | 只是把他放逐到某个孤岛上而已 |
[07:28] | A nice island, | 一个美好的岛屿 |
[07:29] | with coconuts and stuff. | 上面有椰子那一类的东西 |
[07:39] | 投谢尔顿一票 就是投给更多作业一票 | |
[07:47] | Nell Cavanaugh, | 内尔·卡瓦诺 |
[07:49] | it appears we’re taking the mittens off. | 看来我们是要脱手套决斗一场了 |
[07:52] | Well, that’s unfortunate. | 这真是坏啊 |
[07:54] | Oh, this goes well beyond unfortunate. | 这何止是坏啊 |
[07:56] | It’s flat-out unfair. | 这是大大的不公 |
[07:58] | Did you not say that you love homework? | 那你没说过你最爱作业吗 |
[08:00] | Of course I said it. I say it all the time. | 我当然说过啊 我整天说 |
[08:02] | But she took it out of context and is using it against me. | 但她断章取义 再用那话来攻击我 |
[08:05] | Well, that is what happens in politics. | 政治就是这样啊 |
[08:07] | People stretch the truth. | 人们扭曲事实 |
[08:09] | Well, those people are dirty dogs. | 那些人可真是狗啊 |
[08:11] | They certainly are. | 他们绝对是 |
[08:12] | Now, let me ask you something. | 让我问你个问题 |
[08:14] | How bad do you want to win this election? | 你有多想赢这场选举 |
[08:16] | Bad enough to let 105 kids shake my mitten. | 想赢到愿意让105个孩子握我的手套 |
[08:19] | Okay, then you need to toughen up. | 行 那你就得硬气起来 |
[08:20] | Politics is not for the weak-kneed. | 政治不是给弱鸡玩的 |
[08:23] | Are you suggesting that I fight fire with fire? | 你是在建议我以毒攻毒吗 |
[08:26] | I am. | 是的 |
[08:28] | So going to my room and crying in my pillow is not an option? | 所以我回房间对着枕头哭是不行的 |
[08:30] | It is not. | 不行 |
[08:33] | Then I have some thinking to do. | 那我得好好琢磨琢磨了 |
[08:38] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[08:39] | You’re screwed. | 你死定了 |
[08:40] | Which is why I need your help. | 所以我需要你的帮助 |
[08:42] | Why me? | 为什么找我 |
[08:43] | You’re ruthless. | 你冷血无情 |
[08:44] | I’ve seen you cheat at Candy Land. | 你玩桌游《糖果乐园》都作弊 |
[08:47] | Thanks. Go on. | 多谢夸奖 继续说 |
[08:48] | Well, I’d like to retaliate, | 我想报复 |
[08:49] | but I don’t know anything about her. | 但我对她一无所知 |
[08:51] | Make something up. | 那就编些负面的事 |
[08:53] | Ooh, tell people she has head lice. | 告诉大家她长了头虱 |
[08:55] | I won’t resort to lying. | 我不想靠说谎达到目的 |
[08:59] | There’s a Denise Cavanaugh in my class. | 我班上有一个丹妮丝·卡瓦诺 |
[09:01] | Could be her little sister. | 可能是你对手的妹妹 |
[09:02] | So? | 所以呢 |
[09:03] | I’ll see if I can dig up something about Nell | 我看能不能从她那套出内尔的黑料 |
[09:05] | you can use against her. | 你可以拿来攻击她 |
[09:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:09] | Georgie, I hate to have to ask this, | 小乔治 我觉得问出口很失礼 |
[09:10] | but are you going to vote for me? | 不过你打算投票给我吗 |
[09:12] | No. Go away. | 不 走开 |
[09:14] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[09:15] | If I win, I can make you a hall monitor. | 如果我赢了 就任命你为走廊纠察员 |
[09:17] | Imagine the respect you’ll get then. | 想想你会得到多少尊敬 |
[09:19] | Get lost. | 滚吧 |
[09:26] | Lord, | 主啊 |
[09:28] | please take away my anger toward my stupid brother. | 请您浇熄我被我蠢弟弟激起的怒火吧 |
[09:31] | My life is hard enough. | 我的生活已经很苦 |
[09:32] | Don’t let him be president. | 别让他当上学生会主席 |
[09:34] | And while we’re talking, | 趁刚好在聊天 |
[09:36] | Veronica– help me out. | 维罗妮卡的事 就拜托你啦 |
[09:38] | Encourage her to do something with me she’ll regret. | 鼓励她跟我做些她以后会后悔的坏事 |
[09:41] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[09:46] | Remember, | 记好了 |
[09:46] | tomorrow we’ll be dissecting worms! | 明天我们要解剖蚯蚓 |
[09:51] | Ah, your sadness makes me happy. | 你们的悲伤使我快乐 |
[09:53] | Mr. Givens, I just wanted you to know | 吉文斯老师 我想告诉你一声 |
[09:55] | that I’m still working hard on my campaign | 我仍在努力参选 |
[09:57] | to get more funding for the science department. | 希望能为科学部门争取到更多资金 |
[09:59] | Oh, great, ’cause I’ve got to dig up tomorrow’s worms myself. | 太好了 因为明天的蚯蚓我还得自己挖 |
[10:02] | Anything you can do to help me win a decisive victory | 如果有能助我在选举日当天得到决定性胜利的事 |
[10:05] | come Election Day would be much appreciated. | 那可能就要拜托您啦 |
[10:07] | Oh, well, I’m sorry, Sheldon, | 抱歉 谢尔顿 |
[10:08] | the faculty doesn’t get involved in student elections. | 教职员不能介入学生竞选 |
[10:11] | Oh, I understand. | 我明白 |
[10:12] | You have to remain neutral. Wink, wink. | 你必须保持中立 会心眨眼 |
[10:16] | I’m sorry, wink, wink? | 什么是会心眨眼 |
[10:17] | You want new science equipment and I want that for you. | 你想要新的科学设备 我希望你如愿 |
[10:20] | One hand washes the other. Wink, wink. | 互相帮助达到双赢 会心眨眼 |
[10:23] | Oh, sure, wink, wink. | 懂了 会心眨眼 |
[10:25] | Now you’re getting it. Wink, wink. | 现在你懂啦 会心眨眼 |
[10:29] | Wink, wink. | 会心眨眼 |
[10:30] | Wink, wink. | 会心眨眼 |
[10:33] | That kid creeps me out. | 那孩子总是吓得我汗毛直立 |
[10:34] | Another hurdle in my political career was glossophobia: | 我政治生涯的另一障碍就是演讲恐惧症 |
[10:37] | fear of public speaking. | 害怕公开发言 |
[10:39] | I’ve been known to experience dry mouth, perspiration, | 众人皆知我会口干舌焦 满头大汗 |
[10:42] | heart palpitations, and fainting. | 心悸 以及昏厥 |
[10:44] | A similar response to what I experience | 跟我遇到没绑狗绳的狗时 |
[10:46] | around unleashed dogs. | 出现的症状差不多 |
[10:48] | Hello, this is Sheldon Cooper. | 你好 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[10:50] | Can I please speak with Pastor Jeff? | 请叫杰夫牧师接电话 |
[10:52] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[10:56] | Hey, Sheldon, what can I do for you? | 谢尔顿 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[10:58] | I need to give a speech at school, | 我要在学校演讲 |
[11:00] | but I have a fear of public speaking. | 但我害怕在公开场合发言 |
[11:02] | Since you give a sermon every Sunday, | 而你每周日都会在教堂布道 |
[11:03] | I was hoping you’d have some words of advice. | 我希望你能给我些建议 |
[11:06] | As a matter of fact, I do. | 我还真有建议能给你 |
[11:08] | When I look down on my congregation and I feel nervous, | 当我看着台下一众教友 并感到紧张时 |
[11:11] | I just ask the Lord to speak through me. | 我就请求主透过我来发言 |
[11:15] | Like a ventriloquist? | 像腹语师那样吗 |
[11:17] | Not exactly. | 不完全是 |
[11:18] | I think of it more as a… | 我认为更像是… |
[11:20] | Like one of the Muppets? | 像布偶一样吗 |
[11:21] | No, not that either. | 不 也不是 |
[11:22] | ‘Cause you do look a little like Kermit. | 因为你的确长得挺像那只科密特青蛙 |
[11:24] | Uh, okay, good luck to you, Sheldon. | 好了 祝你好运 谢尔顿 |
[11:28] | Hello. | 喂 |
[11:29] | Dr. Sturgis. Can you give me any advice | 斯特吉斯博士 你能否给我些建议 |
[11:31] | on how to overcome a fear of public speaking? | 如何克服对公开演讲的恐惧 |
[11:33] | Ah, you know, when I was a young man | 我年轻的时候 |
[11:36] | I had a terrible fear of speaking to an audience. | 就很惧怕在众人面前发言 |
[11:40] | What did you do? | 你怎么克服的 |
[11:41] | Actually, it kinda took care of itself. | 事实上 这毛病自己迎刃而解了 |
[11:44] | One day I was, uh, playing miniature golf | 有一天 我在跟同事 |
[11:47] | with some colleagues and I got struck by lightning. | 打小型高尔夫 结果被闪电劈到 |
[11:51] | – Oh, dear. – No, it was fine. | -天啊 -我没事 |
[11:53] | When I came to, I found myself with the gift of gab. | 等我醒来后 我发现自己能说会道 |
[11:58] | Big crowds, | 无论在很多人面前 |
[11:59] | small crowds, you couldn’t shut me up. | 还是在几个人面前 我都能说个不停 |
[12:02] | I don’t see how that can benefit me. | 我看不出那如何能帮到我 |
[12:04] | Not unless you’d like me to take you miniature golfing | 除非下次你愿意让我在下雨前 |
[12:07] | next time there are clouds on the horizon. | 带你去打小型高尔夫 否则帮不了 |
[12:18] | – Everything okay? – No. | -你还好吗 -不好 |
[12:20] | I have to give a speech in front of the entire assembly. | 我得在全体同学面前发表讲话 |
[12:23] | Oh. Got a little stage fright? | 有点怯场吗 |
[12:26] | Unfortunately so. | 恐怕是的 |
[12:28] | Just thinking about it causes my bladder to misbehave. | 光是想到那个画面 我都紧张得快尿出来 |
[12:31] | Yeah, I been there. | 我也有过这种时候 |
[12:34] | You have? | 真的吗 |
[12:35] | Sure. | 是啊 |
[12:36] | When I first started coaching, | 我刚开始当球队教练时 |
[12:37] | I was real nervous to talk to the team, | 每次跟球员们讲话都紧张不已 |
[12:39] | you know, give a locker room speech. | 就是要在更衣室演讲鼓励大家时 |
[12:41] | Then, one day it dawned on me, | 然后有一天我忽然顿悟 |
[12:43] | I’m not just talking to football players, | 我不只是在跟橄榄球员说话 |
[12:45] | I’m talking to teenage football players. | 还是在跟青少年橄榄球员说话 |
[12:48] | Most of them aren’t listening to a word I’m saying. | 大部分人根本没在听我讲话 |
[12:50] | That’s an interesting perspective. | 这个观点挺有意思的 |
[12:52] | I’ll tell you something else. | 我再告诉你件事 |
[12:54] | You don’t give yourself enough credit for how brave you are. | 你没意识到自己有多勇敢 |
[12:57] | – I don’t? – No. | -真的吗 -对 |
[12:59] | Sheldon, you are ten years old, going to high school. | 谢尔顿 你是一个十岁的高中生 |
[13:02] | Everyone’s older than you, everyone’s bigger than you, | 所有同学都比你年长 比你高大 |
[13:05] | but you keep at it, day after day. | 但你依然每天坚持上学 |
[13:10] | That’s brave. | 这非常勇敢 |
[13:12] | Any kid who can do that could give a speech | 能做到这一点的孩子 |
[13:14] | to the United Nations if he had to. | 哪怕要在联合国发言也没问题的 |
[13:18] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[13:29] | I heard what you said in there. | 我听到你刚才说的话了 |
[13:31] | – That was very beautiful. – Thanks. | -非常动人 -谢啦 |
[13:34] | I gave a similar speech to my team last week. | 我上周对我的球员说过类似的话 |
[13:37] | Boy, did we get our asses kicked. | 我们那场比赛被打得落花流水 |
[13:44] | Emboldened by my father’s pep talk, | 我父亲的鼓励增强了我的信心 |
[13:46] | I began working on my speech. | 我开始写演讲稿 |
[13:48] | I aspired to walk in the footsteps | 我渴望追寻历史上 |
[13:50] | of history’s greatest orators: | 最有名的演说家的足迹 |
[13:52] | Socrates, Winston Churchill, | 苏格拉底 温斯顿·丘吉尔 |
[13:54] | and, last but not least, Professor Proton. | 当然还少不了质子教授 |
[13:57] | Hey, I spoke to Nell’s sister. | 我跟内尔的妹妹聊过了 |
[13:59] | Found out some interesting stuff. | 挖到些猛料 |
[14:01] | Thanks, but I’ve decided I don’t want to stoop to her level. | 谢了 但我决定我不想沦落到跟她一样 |
[14:04] | If I can’t win on the quality of my ideas, | 如果我不能凭借我的主张获胜 |
[14:06] | then I’d rather lose with my head held high. | 那我宁可虽败犹荣 |
[14:09] | That’s really stupid, | 你这么想傻透了 |
[14:10] | but in case you change your mind… | 不过以防你改变主意 |
[14:15] | All right, y’all have heard | 刚才你们已经听过 |
[14:17] | from your secretary candidates, your treasurer candidates, | 干事候选人 财务部候选人 |
[14:21] | your vice presidents… | 以及副主席的发言 |
[14:22] | It’s time for the big finale, | 现在迎来重头戏 |
[14:25] | the closing event, the headliners… | 有请今晚的主角 |
[14:28] | Nell Cavanaugh and Sheldon Cooper. | 内尔·卡瓦诺和谢尔顿·库珀 |
[14:31] | One of these two will be president of your class, | 其中一位将成为你们学生会主席 |
[14:34] | so listen to what they’ve got to say and choose wisely, | 请认真听他们演讲 然后谨慎做出选择 |
[14:38] | which will be a whole new experience for most of you. | 尽管你们中大部分人都没有做出过明智决定 |
[14:41] | Remember, heckling will get you detention. | 记住 乱吼乱叫乱问的人要罚留堂 |
[14:44] | Bite me! | 不服咬我啊 |
[14:46] | Bryan Larkin, two days! | 布莱恩·拉金 罚你留堂两天 |
[14:48] | You want to try for a week? | 你想被罚一整个礼拜吗 |
[14:50] | I didn’t think so. | 我就知道你不想 |
[14:52] | Nell, floor is yours. | 内尔 交给你了 |
[14:57] | Nell! | 内尔 |
[15:01] | Nell! | 内尔 |
[15:04] | Thank you, Ms. MacElroy, | 谢谢老师 |
[15:06] | Principal Petersen, our hard-working teachers, | 彼得森校长 各位辛勤付出的老师 |
[15:09] | and my fellow students. | 以及各位同学 大家好 |
[15:10] | I’m blessed to call so many of you friends. | 我很荣幸 你们中有许多都是我的朋友 |
[15:14] | Y’all probably know everything about me already. | 估计你们都已经很了解我了 |
[15:15] | Lord knows I love to talk. | 主知道我是话唠 |
[15:19] | So instead of going on about myself, | 所以我不打算介绍自己 |
[15:22] | I’d like to talk to you about my opponent. | 而是说说我的竞争对手 |
[15:25] | Sheldon Cooper has been lobbying | 谢尔顿·库珀最近 |
[15:27] | for new science equipment here at Medford High, | 一直在为梅德福高中争取新的科学设备 |
[15:29] | and while that sounds wonderful, the truth is, | 那听起来非常棒 然而事实就是 |
[15:33] | he thinks our school wastes its money on football. | 他认为我们学校把钱都浪费到橄榄球上了 |
[15:41] | Do we really want a class president | 我们真的想要一个 |
[15:43] | who doesn’t care about football? | 不在乎橄榄球的学生会主席吗 |
[15:46] | No! | 不 |
[15:48] | I know I am proud to be a Medford High cheerleader, | 作为一名梅德福高中拉拉队员 我无比自豪 |
[15:51] | and I love football! | 我热爱橄榄球 |
[15:57] | But you know the one thing | 但你们知道比起橄榄球 |
[15:58] | I love more than football? | 我更爱什么吗 |
[16:02] | God. | 上帝 |
[16:07] | Let me tell you another interesting fact | 让我告诉你们关于我对手的 |
[16:09] | about my opponent. | 另一件趣事 |
[16:11] | Did you know that Sheldon Cooper is an atheist? | 你们知道谢尔顿·库珀是无神论者吗 |
[16:16] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[16:17] | He doesn’t believe in God. | 他不信仰上帝 |
[16:20] | Just keep that in mind | 各位今天投票时 |
[16:22] | when you cast your vote today. | 请记住这一点 |
[16:24] | I’m Nell Cavanaugh. Go Wolves! | 我是内尔·卡瓦诺 野狼队加油 |
[16:35] | And now, please welcome Sheldon Cooper. | 现在有请谢尔顿·库珀 |
[16:51] | No one would fault you if you ran out the back door. | 你如果从后门逃走 也不会有人怪你的 |
[17:20] | Nell Cavanaugh is… a Yankee. | 内尔·卡瓦诺是… 洋基棒球队粉丝 |
[17:26] | She may love football and she may love God, | 她也许真的热爱橄榄球和上帝 |
[17:29] | but she was born in Scarsdale. | 但她在斯卡斯代尔镇出生 |
[17:31] | That’s in New York. | 那在纽约境内 |
[17:35] | There’s more. | 不止这样 |
[17:36] | My opponent didn’t move to Texas until she was seven years old. | 我的竞争对手在七岁那年才搬来德州 |
[17:40] | In fact, in her bedroom | 事实上 她卧室里 |
[17:42] | there’s a pennant for the New York Yankees. | 有一面纽约洋基队的三角旗 |
[17:50] | While I may not be a fan | 虽然我不爱好 |
[17:51] | of organized religion or sports, | 宗教组织或体育运动 |
[17:53] | I promise, if you vote for me, I’ll do my best | 但我保证 如果你们投给我 |
[17:56] | to get new science equipment for our school. | 我会尽我所能为学校争取到新的科学设备 |
[18:05] | Don’t mess with Texas! | 别惹德州 |
[18:14] | Sheldon! Sheldon! Sheldon! | 谢尔顿 谢尔顿 谢尔顿 |
[18:40] | Before I became Dr. Sheldon Cooper, | 在我成为谢尔顿·库珀博士之前 |
[18:42] | I was President Sheldon Cooper. | 我先当上了谢尔顿·库珀主席 |
[18:44] | And I don’t mind telling you they look pretty darn good on business cards. | 我不介意告诉你们 这俩头衔印在名片上拉风极了 |
[18:48] | One of my first responsibilities as class president | 作为学生会主席 第一个责任就是 |
[18:50] | was delivering the morning announcements. | 主持晨间公告 |
[18:53] | Please rise for the pledge of allegiance. | 请起立 宣誓效忠 |
[18:56] | I pledge allegiance to the flag | 我向美利坚合众国国旗 |
[18:59] | of the United States of America, | 及其所代表的共和国 |
[19:02] | and to the republic for which it stands. | 宣誓效忠 |
[19:04] | One nation… | 这一国度… |
[19:06] | Here’s a fun fact about the next two words. | 关于接下来的短语 有个冷知识 |
[19:08] | “Under God” wasn’t added to the pledge of allegiance until 1954. | “上帝庇护下”是在1954年才被加入誓言的 |
[19:12] | My first act as your president | 我上任后第一个举措 |
[19:14] | is to remove the words “under God” from the pledge | 就是去掉誓言中的”上帝庇护下” |
[19:16] | in order to honor the seperation of church and state in this public high school. | 以表对本公立高中政教分离的尊重 |
[19:21] | Okay, that’s enough. | 好了 闹够了 |
[19:22] | You can’t take my microphone. I’m the president. | 你不能抢走我的麦克风 我可是主席 |
[19:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[19:25] | All right. Let’s try this again. | 好了 我们再来一遍 |
[19:28] | I pledge allegiance to the flag | 我向美利坚合众国国旗 |
[19:30] | of the United States of America, | 及其所代表的共和国 |
[19:32] | and to the republic for which it stands. | 宣誓效忠 |
[19:35] | One nation under God, indivisible, | 这一上帝庇护下的国度不可分割 |
[19:39] | with liberty and justice for all. | 民众享有自由和公正 |