时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | What the hell’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[00:10] | Mom thinks that I’m crazy. | 妈妈觉得我疯了 |
[00:13] | I thought we weren’t supposed to say stuff like that. | 你不是说我们不能用这种字眼吗 |
[00:15] | Baby, there’s something I need to tell you. | 宝贝 有件事我得告诉你 |
[00:17] | Dr. Sturgis | 斯特吉斯博士 |
[00:18] | is not in the kind of hospital you think he is. | 不是住进了你想的那种医院 |
[00:22] | What kind of hospital is he in? | 那他是在哪种医院 |
[00:24] | The psychiatric kind. | 精神病院 |
[00:27] | And you think since he and I are both gifted, | 你觉得因为我和他都天赋异禀 |
[00:29] | I’m going to end up like him? | 我以后也会变成他那样吗 |
[00:31] | Oh, baby. | 宝贝 |
[00:34] | See how valuable a little communication can be? | 看见没 一点沟通就能有巨大的效果 |
[00:36] | You do not take credit for this. | 这事你屁功劳都没有 |
[00:40] | You never know where scientific inspiration will strike. | 你永远不会知道科学灵感何时会来临 |
[00:43] | For Newton, it was under an apple tree. | 牛顿是坐在苹果树下时 |
[00:46] | For Archimedes, it was sitting in a bathtub. | 阿基米德是坐在浴缸里时 |
[00:48] | For me, on this particular day, | 而我呢 在那一天 |
[00:50] | it had a “Sweaty people eating meat” kind of vibe. | 感觉会在”流汗的人们吃着肉”时来灵感 |
[00:54] | Sheldon, do you really have to do that here? | 谢尔顿 你一定要在这里搞这些吗 |
[00:56] | If the management didn’t want me to solve unified field theory, | 如果店里的人不想我解开统一场论 |
[00:59] | why would they give me a crayon? | 那他们为什么要给我蜡笔呢 |
[01:00] | I told you to crack a window and leave him in the car. | 我就跟你说车窗开个缝 把他留车上吧 |
[01:03] | It occurred to me | 我灵光一闪 |
[01:04] | that Maxwell’s equations would achieve full symmetry | 如果麦克斯韦方程组中加入一个磁单极子 |
[01:06] | by adding a magnetic monopole. | 就能达到完全对称 |
[01:09] | I drew a ladybug. | 我画了一只瓢虫 |
[01:11] | All right, y’all. | 好啦好啦 |
[01:13] | Oh… Is it okay to set this down? | 我可以把菜放下吗 |
[01:15] | I’m a little busy. Could you come back later? | 我现在这里正忙着 你能等会再上菜吗 |
[01:17] | Sheldon, I’m hungry. | 谢尔顿 我很饿了 |
[01:18] | Let’s just sit over there. | 我们坐过去隔壁桌吧 |
[01:20] | No. We’re gonna eat together as a family. | 不行 我们一家得坐同一桌一起用餐 |
[01:22] | Instead of electricity, we’ll have magnetricity. | 这样就不是电力 而是电磁力 |
[01:26] | It’s getting heavy. | 我快举不动了 |
[01:28] | We’ll be right over here if you need us. | 我们就坐隔壁 有事就叫我们 |
[01:30] | Let’s go. | 过去吧 |
[01:32] | Bye, ladybug. | 再见啦 小瓢虫 |
[01:34] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:37] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:39] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:42] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:45] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:57] | Baby, you need to eat something. | 宝贝 你必须得吃点东西 |
[01:58] | But it looks like I can change the definitions | 感觉我可以改变 |
[02:00] | of electric and magnetic fields | 电力与电磁场的定义 |
[02:02] | and rotate the magnetic charge away mathematically to zero. | 这样磁荷这个变量就不会为0 |
[02:05] | Maybe some fried okra would help. | 或许吃一点炸秋葵会有帮助 |
[02:07] | Richard Feynman didn’t develop quantum electrodynamics | 理查德·费曼发明量子电动力学时 |
[02:09] | by filling up on fried okra. | 靠的可不是吃炸秋葵 |
[02:11] | Well, maybe that’s because his mama didn’t love him | 那可能是因为他妈妈爱他的程度 |
[02:13] | as much as I love you. | 没有我爱你那么深啊 |
[02:15] | Richard Feynman was Jewish. | 理查德·费曼是犹太人 |
[02:17] | His mother didn’t give him fried okra. | 他的妈妈才不可能给他吃炸秋葵[黑人菜] |
[02:24] | Ugh. What am I missing? | 我是漏了哪里呢 |
[02:28] | Wake me up one more time, | 你再吵醒我一次 |
[02:29] | and I will sneeze in your mittens. | 我就往你手套里打喷嚏 |
[02:31] | A big, wet, snotty one. | 打一个带鼻涕的大喷嚏进去 |
[02:40] | Baby, what are you doing? | 小宝贝 你在干嘛呢 |
[02:42] | Working. | 做事 |
[02:45] | Have you been out here all night? | 你是一整晚没睡待在这里吗 |
[02:46] | No. Why, what time is it? | 没有啊 怎么这么问 现在几点了 |
[02:48] | 7:30. | 7点30 |
[02:50] | Oh. Then yes. | 那我是待了一晚 |
[02:56] | Son of a… | 我了个… |
[02:57] | Dad, you busy? | 老爸 你在忙吗 |
[02:58] | Do I look like I’m busy? | 我表情看起来像在忙吗 |
[03:00] | I can’t see what you look like. You’re under the sink. | 你在水槽底下 我看不见你表情啊 |
[03:04] | What do you want? | 找我什么事 |
[03:05] | Would you teach me how to throw a baseball? | 你可以教我怎么投球吗 |
[03:08] | What’s bringing this on? | 怎么突然想学了 |
[03:26] | I don’t know, just seems fun. | 我也不知道 就感觉挺好玩 |
[03:28] | Sure, why not? | 行啊 有何不可 |
[03:29] | Great, I’ll get the gloves. | 太好了 我去拿手套 |
[03:31] | Not now! | 不是现在 |
[03:36] | So, what’s new? | 有什么新鲜事啊 |
[03:38] | I’m worried about Sheldon. | 我有点担心谢尔顿 |
[03:40] | I said “new.” | 我问的是”新鲜事” |
[03:41] | He’s not sleeping, he’s not eating. | 他都不睡觉 也不吃饭 |
[03:44] | We went out for barbecue last night, | 我们昨晚出门吃烧烤 |
[03:46] | and he didn’t touch a thing. | 他一口都没吃 |
[03:47] | He also started biting his nails. | 他还开始咬指甲了 |
[03:49] | I’ve never seen him do that before. | 我从没看过他有这习惯 |
[03:51] | Is he worried about something? | 他心里有什么烦恼吗 |
[03:52] | He’s fixated on some science problem. | 他一心想着一个科学的问题 |
[03:55] | Well, I’m sure he’ll solve it | 我确定他会解开的 |
[03:56] | and then everything will go back to normal. | 然后一切就会变回原来那样 |
[03:58] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[04:02] | What’s going on with John? | 约翰最近怎么样了 |
[04:05] | Not much. | 一切如常 |
[04:06] | We write letters back and forth. | 我们就书信往来 |
[04:08] | That’s romantic. | 那很浪漫啊 |
[04:10] | Romantic if he were off to war, | 他是上前线写信才浪漫啊 |
[04:12] | not in a mental hospital. | 他进精神病院有什么浪漫的 |
[04:14] | Well, he’s at war with his inner demons. | 他也是在跟心魔打仗啊 |
[04:23] | – You’re right-handed, yeah? – You don’t know? | -你是右撇子吧 -你不知道吗 |
[04:26] | Okay, smartass, which one am I? | 行啊 聪明鬼 那我是左撇子还右撇子 |
[04:29] | I’m right-handed. | 我是右撇子 |
[04:31] | Put this on your left hand. | 那把手套戴上你的左手 |
[04:34] | You ever thrown a ball before? | 你以前投过球吗 |
[04:36] | Just rocks at Sheldon. | 只用石头丢过谢尔顿 |
[04:37] | Did you hit him? | 有丢中吗 |
[04:38] | Every time. | 每次都中了 |
[04:40] | So, we got something to work with. | 很好 那我们算有些基础 |
[04:42] | All right, since you’re right-handed, which I now know, | 好 根据我新学到的 你是右撇子 |
[04:46] | you’re gonna bring your arm up | 你要把你的右手臂举起 |
[04:48] | and follow through like this. | 然后顺着这动作丢出去 |
[04:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:56] | Nice. You might be a natural. | 很棒 你可能很有天赋 |
[04:58] | I’m not surprised. This is the arm I color with. | 我不意外 这可是我平常画画上色的那只手 |
[05:02] | I wasn’t even aware I was chewing them. | 我都没意识到我在啃手指 |
[05:05] | Baby, I think this math problem | 宝贝 我觉得这个数学题 |
[05:07] | you’re working on is stressing you out. | 你为了解开 把自己逼过头了 |
[05:09] | It makes sense. Einstein struggled with it for 30 years | 很有可能 毕竟爱因斯坦辛苦了30年 |
[05:12] | and never found a solution. | 最后都还是没有解开 |
[05:14] | Maybe if you stop thinking about it, it’ll just come to you. | 或许你先别想 放一放 之后灵感就来了呢 |
[05:18] | – No. I can’t stop. – Sheldon. | -不 我不能停下 -谢尔顿 |
[05:20] | If I stop, I’ll lose momentum. | 如果我停下 就会失去动力 |
[05:22] | I’ll never solve it. I’ll be a failure. | 然后就永远解不开 我就会是个失败者 |
[05:23] | My life will be worthless. | 我的人生就会比咸鱼还不如 |
[05:25] | Okay, that’s it. You’re taking a break from science. | 好了够了 你必须停止搞科学一阵子 |
[05:28] | Give me one good reason why I would do that. | 给我一个应该这么做的好理由 |
[05:30] | Where is Dr. Sturgis right now? | 斯特吉斯博士现在沦落到哪了 |
[05:34] | That’s a good reason. | 这是个好理由 |
[05:39] | All right, remember, you need to look | 你要记得 眼睛盯着 |
[05:41] | right where you want the ball to go. | 你想要球飞过去的落点 |
[05:42] | Where else would I look? | 不然我还能看哪里 |
[05:43] | Well, in the last five minutes, | 光是刚才五分钟 |
[05:44] | I saw you watch a butterfly, | 我就看到你看了蝴蝶 |
[05:46] | a squirrel and the ice cream truck. | 一只松鼠 还有卖冰激凌的卡车 |
[05:48] | You looked at the ice cream truck, too. | 你自己也看了冰激凌卡车啊 |
[05:53] | Which team has a big red “T” on their hat? | 哪个队伍的球帽上有个大红”T”字 |
[05:56] | Texas Rangers. | 德州游骑兵队 |
[05:57] | – Is that a team we like? – Uh, yeah. | -是受我们喜爱的队伍吗 -是啊 |
[05:59] | Yeah, that’s who most people around here root for. | 这里大多数的人都支持他们 |
[06:03] | Okay. And what’s something I could say about the Rangers? | 那如果要聊这队 我可以说些什么呢 |
[06:06] | You know, to sound cool. | 说出来会让人惊叹的 |
[06:08] | – Is this about a boy? – No. | -这是跟小男生有关吗 -不是 |
[06:10] | All right, sorry. | 抱歉 是我误会了 |
[06:15] | If you want, you could say, “Even though Nolan Ryan is old, | 如果想聊 你可以说”虽然诺兰·莱恩老了 |
[06:19] | the Rangers were still smart to get him.” | 但游骑兵队招揽他来十分明智” |
[06:21] | That’s a real thing? | 真有这回事吗 |
[06:22] | That’s a real thing. | 这是真的 |
[06:24] | How old is Nolan Ryan? | 诺兰·莱恩几岁了 |
[06:24] | 美国职棒大联盟史上第一的三振王 1947年出生 1993年在游骑兵队退休 | |
[06:26] | My age. | 我这年纪 |
[06:27] | Ew. | 恶心 |
[06:31] | I’m so used to thinking about science, | 我太习惯整天想着科学了 |
[06:32] | I’m not sure how to make myself stop. | 我不知道该怎么让自己停下 |
[06:34] | As soon as I think about | 一旦我开始想着 |
[06:35] | not thinking about it, I’m thinking about it. | 我要不想科学 我就又重新开始想了 |
[06:38] | Well, why don’t you just think about something else? | 那你为什么不想点别的呢 |
[06:41] | – Like what? – I don’t know. | -比如呢 -不知道啊 |
[06:43] | Read a comic book? | 看漫画呢 |
[06:44] | How do you think the spider that bit Peter Parker | 你觉得咬了彼得·帕克的蜘蛛 |
[06:46] | got radioactive? Science. | 是怎么有放射性的 是科学 |
[06:48] | How do you think Bruce Banner got exposed to gamma rays? | 你觉得布鲁斯·班纳是怎么受到伽马射线照射的 |
[06:50] | – Science. – All right. | -是科学 -行了 |
[06:51] | When the Green Goblin flies… | 当绿魔在飞… |
[06:53] | – I said all right. – Science. | -我说行了 -是科学 |
[06:55] | I know you don’t want to hear this, | 我知道你不会想听这个 |
[06:57] | but I find prayer can bring incredible peace of mind. | 但我发现祈祷可以给心灵带来无上平静 |
[07:00] | Come on, Mary, I’m trying to help the kid. | 别闹了 玛丽 我在想办法帮这孩子呢 |
[07:03] | You just need a new hobby. | 你需要一个新爱好 |
[07:05] | Very well. What are yours? | 很好 那你有什么爱好 |
[07:07] | Smoking, drinking and gambling. | 抽烟 喝酒 赌博 |
[07:09] | But we can find you something almost as fun. | 但我们可以给你找到差不多有趣的事情啊 |
[07:12] | Let’s sweat again! | 再来一起流汗吧 |
[07:15] | Come on, everybody! | 大家一起来 |
[07:17] | Come on, Sheldon. | 跟上啊 谢尔顿 |
[07:18] | Let’s get that blood pumping. | 一起来热血沸腾吧 |
[07:20] | I’d rather not. | 谢了 不必 |
[07:22] | Do it. A little exercise will help | 做嘛 稍微运动一下 |
[07:24] | get your head out of your butt. | 有助于把头伸出你的龟壳 |
[07:29] | Get those hands going. | 手部动作做起来 |
[07:32] | Back to the front. | 回到前面 |
[07:34] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[07:35] | I think I hate this. | 我觉得我想死 |
[07:37] | Well, you’re not thinking about science now, am I right? | 但好歹你现在没心思想科学了吧 |
[07:41] | I’m thinking about how miserable I am. | 因为我在想我有多想死 |
[07:43] | Let’s get on that train. Can we? | 一起搭火车 来吧 |
[07:45] | Back to the front. Come on. | 换回前面 来 |
[07:49] | Three. | 三 |
[07:50] | Yes. Four. Count them out for me! | 四 帮我一起数出来 |
[07:53] | Five. | 五 |
[07:58] | B14 B-14. | |
[08:00] | B14 B-14. | |
[08:02] | 有几张独立的宾果卡 从15中选5 B I G O列 | |
[08:04] | 从15中选4 第N列 | |
[08:06] | What else you got? | 你还有什么别的 |
[08:13] | Are you positive other people’s fingers haven’t been in this? | 你确定别人的手指没进过这里面吗 |
[08:16] | I made sure to get you a new one. | 我特别帮你弄了一颗新球 |
[08:18] | – It doesn’t look new. – It’s new. | -感觉不新啊 -是新球 |
[08:20] | Let her rip. | 出手吧 |
[08:28] | I’m still thinking about science. | 我还是在想着科学 |
[08:30] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[08:32] | Just aim for the front pin. | 瞄准最前面那个球瓶 |
[09:19] | You and Missy looked like you were having fun today. | 感觉你今天跟米希玩得很开心啊 |
[09:22] | Uh, yeah, we were. | 是啊 是挺开心 |
[09:25] | A little father-daughter bonding. | 你们父女俩好好培养了感情 |
[09:26] | Yeah. It was nice. | 是的 感觉很棒 |
[09:28] | Hmm. You guys were out there for a while. | 你们在外面玩了很久 |
[09:34] | What were you talking about? | 都聊了什么呀 |
[09:35] | Oh, you know, just… life. | 就是人生咯 |
[09:40] | Sure. | 好 |
[09:42] | Everything okay? | 没什么问题吧 |
[09:44] | Everything’s fine. | 一点问题都没有 |
[09:46] | Nothing to worry about. | 没什么好担心的啦 |
[09:50] | You’re really not gonna tell me? | 你真的不打算告诉人家吗 |
[09:52] | No. | 不 |
[09:59] | Hey there, Sheldon. What can I do for ya? | 你好啊谢尔顿 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[10:02] | I’m wondering if you have any books | 不知道你有没有关于 |
[10:03] | on stopping bad habits. | 戒掉坏习惯的书 |
[10:05] | A few. What habit are you trying to stop? | 有几本 你想戒掉什么习惯 |
[10:07] | – Science. – Yowza, | -科学 -妈呀 |
[10:09] | It’s not permanent. | 不是永远戒掉啦 |
[10:10] | I’m just looking to take a break. | 我只是想放下一段时间 |
[10:12] | I’ve heard that one before. | 这话我以前听过 |
[10:14] | What did you take a break from? | 你放下过什么 |
[10:16] | Happiness. | 幸福 |
[10:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:18] | I’ve tried a few different activities, | 我尝试了几种不同的活动 |
[10:19] | but whatever I do just leads me back to science. | 但不管我做什么 最终都把我引回科学 |
[10:22] | Well, let’s think about it. What’s the opposite of science? | 我们来想想看 什么是跟科学截然相反的 |
[10:25] | Science is based in facts, | 科学基于事实 |
[10:26] | and the opposite of facts is fiction. | 事实的对立面就是虚构作品 |
[10:28] | How about fantasy? | 奇幻小说怎么样 |
[10:30] | Magic and dragons. | 有魔法和龙 |
[10:31] | We have a whole section here. | 图书馆里有一整区都是这个分类 |
[10:33] | Ooh, that sounds intellectually bankrupt. | 听上去智商就要破底了 |
[10:35] | I’ll give it a shot. | 我愿意试一试 |
[10:39] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[10:40] | I found a way to take a break from science. | 我找到方法暂时放下科学了 |
[10:42] | That’s great. What is it? | 太好了 什么方式 |
[10:44] | A fantasy book series called The Lord of the Rings. | 叫《指环王[主]》的长篇奇幻小说 |
[10:48] | Well, it’s got “The Lord” in it. | 至少书名里含有”主” |
[10:51] | That’s something. | 还算可以 |
[10:59] | That one had some zip on it. | 刚才这一投还带了旋啊 |
[11:01] | Zip’s a good thing, right? | 带旋是好事吧 |
[11:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:04] | So it looks like I know what I’m doing? | 所以我看起来像老手吗 |
[11:07] | Just like a pro. | 跟职业球手没两样 |
[11:09] | But like a lady pro? | 但是淑女职业球手 |
[11:10] | Oh, yes. Very much. | 当然 非常淑女 |
[11:14] | Is there anything else good I could say about the Rangers? | 还有什么游骑兵队的好话是我能说的 |
[11:16] | Uh, let’s see. | 我想想啊 |
[11:19] | Tell whoever’s interested | 告诉听你说话的那个人 |
[11:21] | that no one’s ever gonna touch Nolan Ryan’s strikeout record. | 绝对没人能撼动诺兰·莱恩的三振出局纪录 |
[11:25] | ‘Cause he strikes out all the time. | 因为他经常被三振出局 |
[11:27] | No. | 不是的 |
[11:28] | Because he throws strikeouts all the time. | 因为他经常投出好球 让对手三振出局 |
[11:30] | Oh. Big difference. | 差别很大 |
[11:33] | Dinner’s ready. | 晚饭好了 |
[11:34] | Five more minutes? | 再五分钟行吗 |
[11:37] | She wants five more minutes with her ole dad. | 她想跟亲亲老爸再玩五分钟嘛 |
[11:44] | What are they doing out there? | 他们在外面干什么 |
[11:45] | They’re bonding. It’s great. Sheldon, how’s your book? | 联络感情 那很棒 谢尔顿 书看得怎么样 |
[11:48] | Nice pivot. | 话题转得真硬 |
[11:49] | Excellent. There’s a character named Gollum | 非常棒 有个叫咕噜的人物 |
[11:51] | who was corrupted by the Ring of Power. | 被力量之戒吞蚀了心智 |
[11:53] | Now he runs around naked and bites the heads off fish. | 现在他光着身子到处乱跑 还喜欢一口咬掉鱼头 |
[11:56] | That’s called sushi. | 那叫寿司 |
[11:58] | Which, by the way, I will die before I eat. | 不过说真的 我宁死也不吃那玩意 |
[12:01] | Speaking of dying, when you do, | 说到死 你死了之后 |
[12:03] | can I have your car? | 你的车能给我吗 |
[12:08] | This can’t be right. | 这不可能啊 |
[12:11] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[12:12] | In the letter that Gandalf leaves for Frodo | 甘道夫在跃马旅店 |
[12:14] | at The Prancing Pony, he says that it’s Mid-year’s Day, | 留给佛罗多的信上说 那天是年中日[6月22日] |
[12:16] | Shire year 1418. | 夏尔纪年1418年 |
[12:19] | However, in Appendix B, it says that Gandalf met Radagast | 然而在附录二里 写着甘道夫于6月29日 |
[12:21] | on June 29, which is impossible because… | 遇到褐袍瑞达加斯特 那是不可能的 因为… |
[12:24] | Hey! | 喂 |
[12:25] | Next time, it’s my shoe. | 下次丢的就是老娘的鞋子 |
[12:27] | And I will put zip on it. | 我还会带上旋 |
[12:32] | “The man who lived in the town was tall.” | “住在镇上的男人个子很高” |
[12:37] | Which word is the relative pronoun? | 这句话里哪个词是关系代词 |
[12:40] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[12:41] | Have you read The Lord of the Rings? | 你读过《指环王》吗 |
[12:43] | Um, I have, | 读过 |
[12:45] | but that’s not what we’re really doing right now. | 但我们现在不是在讨论这个 |
[12:47] | The relative pronoun is “who.” | 关系代词是”who” |
[12:48] | Now, did you notice that in Fellowship, | 你有没发现在《护戒使者》里 |
[12:50] | Elrond says that the foundations of Barad-dur | 埃尔隆德说巴拉多的地基 |
[12:52] | were made with the One Ring? | 由至尊魔戒所建成 |
[12:54] | Let’s say sure. | 就当做是吧 |
[12:56] | However, in Appendix B, “The Tale of Years,” It’s clear that | 然而在附录二《纪年传说》中 显然 |
[12:58] | Sauron began building Barad-dûr in Second Age 1000, | 魔王索伦于第二纪元1000年开始建造巴拉多 |
[13:02] | 600 years before the ring was forged. | 那比铸造魔戒还早了600年 |
[13:07] | Georgie. | 小乔治 |
[13:07] | Imagine living with this. | 想象一下跟这奇葩一起生活 |
[13:09] | An hour a day is enough. | 每天一小时就够我受的了 |
[13:13] | The timeline doesn’t make sense. | 时间线根本说不通啊 |
[13:14] | I mean, it lists Samwise Gamgee’s birth year as both | 山姆·詹吉的出生年份既有2963 |
[13:17] | 2963 and 2980. | 也有2980 |
[13:20] | Maybe he lied about his age. | 或许他谎报年龄了 |
[13:21] | – Why? – I don’t know. Maybe he thinks | -为什么 -我也不知道 或许 |
[13:23] | his neck makes him look older than he is. | 他认为他的颈纹让他显老 |
[13:26] | But he’s only in his 30s. | 但他才三十几岁 |
[13:28] | That’s young. | 还很年轻 |
[13:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢你啦 |
[13:30] | For a hobbit. For a human, that’s mommy-age. | 对霍比特人而言 人类到这岁数就是大妈了 |
[13:34] | Thank you. | 谢你全家 |
[13:36] | When Frodo and Sam are riding through the Shire, | 当佛罗多和山姆骑马穿过夏尔时 |
[13:38] | the book says the moon went westward, | 书里说月亮往西移动了 |
[13:40] | but according to the calendar Tolkien created, | 但根据托尔金创作的历法 |
[13:42] | there should have been no moon visible. | 当时不应该能看见月亮 |
[13:43] | But in the appendix, Tolkien covers himself | 但在附录里 托尔金辩解道 |
[13:45] | by saying there may be mistranslations from the Red Book. | 《西界红皮书》的翻译可能有误 |
[13:48] | Fictional Tolkien says that, | 这是小说里的托尔金说的 |
[13:50] | but I can’t help wondering if real Tolkien, | 但我很想知道 是不是该书作者 |
[13:52] | who wrote the book, made the mistake | 真正的托尔金犯了这个错 |
[13:53] | or if it was an intentional mistake | 还是这是小说版托尔金 |
[13:55] | made by the fictional Tolkien, | 他根据原始来源翻译出 |
[13:56] | who translated these real-world events | 这些真实世界的事件时 |
[13:57] | from an original source. | 故意犯的错 |
[14:01] | Oh, no. | 妈呀 |
[14:03] | Is that how I sound to people? | 别人听我说话时也是这感受吗 |
[14:04] | Hey! You want to throw the ball around? | 闺女 你想玩投球吗 |
[14:08] | No, go away. | 不要 走开 |
[14:11] | Did something happen at school? | 学校里出什么事了吗 |
[14:13] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想说 |
[14:16] | Okay. Well… | 好吧 |
[14:20] | You change your mind, you know I’m here for you. | 如果你想谈 我随时都在 |
[14:28] | He likes someone else. | 他喜欢别人 |
[14:47] | I’m sorry, sweetheart. | 别难过了 宝贝 |
[14:49] | She doesn’t even know who Nolan Ryan is. | 那女生连诺兰·莱恩是谁都不知道 |
[14:53] | This guy sounds like an idiot. | 这男生听起来是个大白痴 |
[14:54] | He’s not. He’s perfect. | 他才不是 他很完美 |
[14:56] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:01] | Want me to get your mom? | 想让我叫妈妈来吗 |
[15:02] | No. | 不要 |
[15:04] | You want me to beat this guy up? | 想让我去揍他一顿吗 |
[15:06] | No. | 不要 |
[15:09] | What can I do? | 我能做什么 |
[15:17] | Nice. | 真不错 |
[15:20] | How do you make it curve? | 怎么投出曲球啊 |
[15:22] | Well, that’s a little tricky. | 这有点难度 |
[15:23] | You… you put two fingers on the seam. | 把两根手指压在接缝上 |
[15:27] | Right? And then you flick your wrist. | 看到了吗 然后转动手腕 |
[15:30] | – Okay. – Yeah? Here, try it. | -好 -知道了吗 来 试一下 |
[15:33] | Two… Oh, so there. | 两根… 放这里啊 |
[15:35] | There you go, right on the stitch there. | 这就对了 放在接缝上 |
[15:37] | Two fingers on it. | 两根手指放在上面 |
[15:39] | – Then at the end, you flick your wrist. – Like that? | -然后球脱手前一刻 转动手腕 -这样吗 |
[15:41] | There you go. Give her a shot. | 就是这样 投一个试试 |
[15:44] | Hey! How about that? | 还挺厉害啊 |
[15:46] | Right? Just like a pro, I’m telling you. | 对吧 我就说了跟职业球手没两样 |
[15:50] | Well, we’ll work on that, shall we? | 我们要再多练习 |
[15:51] | Definitely. | 绝对的 |
[15:56] | Nice. | 不错 |
[15:58] | Having found no answers, | 遍寻答案无果后 |
[16:00] | I took it upon myself to rectify | 我决定自己纠正 |
[16:02] | the inconsistent timeline in Lord of the Rings. | 《指环王》中前后矛盾的时间线 |
[16:06] | J.R.R. Tolkien had a brilliant mind, | J.R.R.托尔金是很聪明没错 |
[16:08] | but let’s be honest. | 但老实说 |
[16:09] | He was no S.L. Cooper. | 他跟S.L.库珀比差远了 |
[16:22] | You okay out here? | 你还好吧 |
[16:23] | I will be once I finish this. | 等我完成这个就会好了 |
[16:28] | As hard as I tried to work out a consistent chronology, | 纵使我很努力想排列出前后一致的年表 |
[16:31] | I kept running into roadblocks. | 我还是不断遇到障碍 |
[16:40] | What am I missing? | 我漏掉了什么 |
[16:49] | We’re never going to figures it out. | 我们永远都不会想明白的 |
[16:54] | We can, we’re smarts. We’re so smarts. | 我们可以的 我们很聪明 我们绝顶聪明 |
[16:57] | Our brains is precious. | 我们的大脑就是宝贝 |
[17:01] | If our brains is precious, | 如果我们的大脑是宝贝 |
[17:02] | we’re wasting it on hobbitses. | 那都浪费在霍比特人身上了 |
[17:04] | We like sciences. | 我们喜欢科学 |
[17:06] | We took a break from sciences. | 我们暂时放下科学了 |
[17:08] | It was making us crazy. | 科学快把我们逼疯了 |
[17:10] | And look at us now. | 结果我们现在成什么样子了 |
[17:11] | Look at what those nasty hobbitses have done to us. | 瞧那些恶心的霍比特人对我们做了什么 |
[17:16] | No, it was physicses. | 不 是物理 |
[17:19] | Physicses did this to us. | 是物理害我们变成这样 |
[17:21] | Hobbitses. | 是霍比特人 |
[17:22] | Physicses. | 是物理 |
[17:23] | Hobbitses. | 霍比特人 |
[17:29] | I warned you. | 我警告过你的 |
[17:33] | Mom. Mom. | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[17:35] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[17:36] | I was Gollum and Smeagol and I was in a cave | 我变成咕噜和史麦戈了 在一个山洞里 |
[17:38] | fighting with myself over physics and hobbits. | 跟我自己争辩物理和霍比特人 |
[17:41] | And then I realized that even though physics is frustrating, | 但之后我意识到 虽然物理使我崩溃沮丧 |
[17:43] | it won’t turn me into a tormented creature | 但它不会把我变成受尽折磨 |
[17:45] | who bites the heads off fish. | 爱把鱼头生生咬下来的怪物 |
[17:48] | Okay, good night. | 说完了 晚安 |
[17:52] | I’ve been doing a great job with Missy. | 我给米希当好爸爸了 |
[17:54] | This one’s on you. | 你去给他当好妈妈 |