时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Young Sheldon… | |
[00:01] | – Excuse me. You Coach Ballard? – That’d be me. | -不好意思 你是巴拉德教练吗 -是我 |
[00:04] | My daughter’s here to try out. | 我女儿来参加选拔赛 |
[00:05] | Come on, I’m not gonna put a girl on my team. | 拜托 我不可能让一个女孩加入队伍 |
[00:08] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[00:09] | She’s got pigtails. | 她还扎着小辫子 |
[00:11] | You’re not even gonna give her a chance? | 你连一个机会都不给她吗 |
[00:14] | No. | 不给 |
[00:14] | Hey. Hello. Can I talk to you? | 你好 能跟你聊聊吗 |
[00:17] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[00:18] | You tell my granddaughter she can’t play baseball? | 你跟我外孙女说 她不能打棒球 |
[00:20] | Well, I was just looking out for her, that’s all. | 我只是想保护她 没别的意思 |
[00:22] | Well, we don’t need you deciding what’s best for her. | 我们不需要你来决定 什么对她才是最好 |
[00:24] | – Or what? – Or you and me are gonna have problems. | -要是我拒绝呢 -那我绝对跟你没完 |
[00:29] | – We’re back! – How’d it go? | -我们回来了 -怎么样了 |
[00:31] | She made the team. | 她被选进球队了 |
[00:32] | Congratulations! | 恭喜啊 |
[00:34] | And Meemaw got a date with the coach. | 而且姥姥要跟教练去约会 |
[00:36] | – What? – It was a productive afternoon. | -什么 -是个一箭双雕的下午嘛 |
[00:44] | You sure you don’t want me to stay? | 你确定你不想我留下吗 |
[00:45] | You promised you’d take me to RadioShack. | 你答应要带我去睿侠电器行了 |
[00:47] | Sheldon, this is a big day for your sister. | 谢尔顿 今天是你姐姐的大日子 |
[00:49] | I’m fine, Dad. | 我没事的 老爸 |
[00:51] | Come on. | 别这样嘛 |
[00:52] | I really don’t want to go to RadioShack. | 我真的不想去睿侠 |
[00:55] | Ah. George. | 乔治 |
[00:57] | – Dale. – Hey, Missy. | -戴尔 -你好啊 米希 |
[00:59] | Why don’t you get out there and start warming up? | 你先过去开始热身吧 |
[01:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:04] | And you must be Sheldon. | 那你肯定就是谢尔顿了 |
[01:05] | Your grandmother told me all about you. | 你姥姥跟我说了很多你的事 |
[01:07] | We’re going to RadioShack. | 我们要去睿侠了 |
[01:10] | Yeah, she didn’t lie. | 她可真是没瞎编啊 |
[01:12] | George, I figure we kind of got off | 乔治 我觉得我们那天 |
[01:14] | on the wrong foot the other day. | 首次见面的情况可能不是那么融洽 |
[01:16] | – Don’t worry about it. – Well, I do worry about it. | -别担心啦 -我是有点担心的 |
[01:18] | I-I’d like to take you out for a beer, | 我想邀请你出去一起喝杯啤酒 |
[01:20] | if that would be okay. | 你愿意吗 |
[01:22] | It appears Meemaw told him about you, too. | 看来姥姥也跟他聊过你 |
[01:26] | Sounds great. | 没问题 |
[01:28] | – Have a good practice. – Thank you. | -祝今天练习顺利 -谢谢 |
[01:32] | It’s nice that you’re going to socialize | 你愿意跟姥姥的新男朋友 |
[01:34] | – with Meemaw’s new boyfriend. – I know. | -一起出去玩 感觉挺不错的 -是啊 |
[01:36] | She’s gonna hate it. | 她绝对会不爽到死 |
[01:39] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:42] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:45] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:48] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:50] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:57] | 电脑区 | |
[01:59] | Hey, Clark. Today’s the day. | 你好啊 克拉克 今天就是那个大日子 |
[02:01] | It’s in the back. I’ll go get it. | 在后面仓库 我去拿 |
[02:04] | What’s he getting? | 他要去拿什么 |
[02:05] | A direct-connect 300 baud modem. | 300波特率的直接连接调制解调器 |
[02:08] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[02:09] | Don’t worry, I’m using my allowance. | 不用担心 我是用自己的零花钱买 |
[02:11] | Plus, Clark gave me a healthy discount | 而且克拉克也给了我不错的折扣 |
[02:12] | for helping with his application to medical school. | 因为我帮忙他弄了医学院的申请表 |
[02:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:17] | What’s a modem do? | 那调制解调器是干嘛用的 |
[02:18] | It allows me to connect my computer | 它让我能把我的电脑 |
[02:19] | to other computers that also have one. | 跟其他有调制解调器的人互相连上 |
[02:22] | Why would you need to do that? | 那你为什么需要跟人家连上呢 |
[02:23] | So I can share my scientific ideas | 这样我才可以把我的科学想法 |
[02:25] | with academics all over the world. | 跟世界各地的学者们分享啊 |
[02:27] | It’s like the cybernetic version of the Algonquin Round Table. | 就像是电脑版的阿尔冈琴圆桌会 |
[02:27] | 1919年至1929年间 每天中午在纽约阿尔冈琴酒店 由作家 评论家 演员等组成的文人雅士讨论会 | |
[02:32] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[02:33] | That’s okay, you’re still my dad | 没事啦 你还是我亲爹 |
[02:35] | and I’m genetically obligated to love you. | 我也有基因上必须爱你的责任 |
[02:40] | Missy, how was practice? | 米希 练习怎么样了 |
[02:42] | So good. | 太棒了 |
[02:43] | Tell us everything. | 快把全部都说出来 |
[02:45] | The boys were a little mean at first, but I handled it. | 男生们一开始有点坏 但都被我处理好了 |
[02:48] | Can I warm up with you? | 我能跟你一起热身吗 |
[02:49] | I don’t play baseball with girls. | 我才不跟女生一起玩棒球 |
[02:52] | Really? Your friend’s playing with one. | 是吗 可是你的朋友就在跟某个女生玩啊 |
[02:56] | I am so proud of you. | 你最棒了 |
[02:58] | Well, I’m glad you all had a good day. | 你们俩都玩得开心就好 |
[03:00] | Not just them. | 不只是他们 |
[03:02] | Guess who I’m grabbing a beer with. | 猜猜我要跟谁一起去喝啤酒 |
[03:04] | Your new friend, Dale. | 你的新朋友 戴尔 |
[03:06] | Are you kidding me? | 你是不是跟我闹呢 |
[03:08] | You were right, she’s not happy. | 你说得对 她不爽了 |
[03:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[03:22] | Hi, Georgie. | 你好啊 小乔治 |
[03:23] | It’s Lisa, from English class. | 我是跟你上一门英文课的丽莎 |
[03:25] | Oh, hey. What’s up? | 你好啊 什么事 |
[03:26] | I was wondering if you could help me with our homework. | 我是想问你能不能跟你请教我们的作业 |
[03:29] | Crap, we have homework? | 靠 我们还有作业吗 |
[03:32] | You’re so funny. | 你好搞笑啊 |
[03:33] | I think so. | 我也觉得 |
[03:34] | Most people don’t. | 但大多数人都不觉得 |
[03:37] | What’s that noise? | 那是什么声音啊 |
[03:39] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[03:40] | Georgie, I need you to get off the phone. | 小乔治 我需要你挂掉电话 |
[03:42] | Hang on, Lisa. | 稍等一下 丽莎 |
[03:44] | I’m helping someone with their English homework. | 我在帮忙人写我们英文作业呢 |
[03:46] | I don’t have time for jokes. | 我没空听你讲笑话 |
[03:47] | I need the phone line to connect my modem. | 你打电话我的调制解调器就不能连上网 |
[03:49] | What the hell’s a modem? | 调制解调器是什么鬼 |
[03:51] | It links my computer to an interconnected web of other computers | 它让我的电脑可以与其他电脑互相连接 |
[03:55] | in order to facilitate the exchange of ideas. | 好让我们进行思想的交换 |
[03:57] | That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of. | 这真是我听过最蠢的东西了 |
[04:00] | Sadly, that was not the stupidest thing he ever said. | 很遗憾 这不是他说过最蠢的话 |
[04:09] | Have you tried the meatballs here? | 你吃过这里的肉丸吗 |
[04:11] | They are fantastic. | 超好吃啊 |
[04:12] | I haven’t. | 还没呢 |
[04:14] | But speaking of meatballs, | 不过既然说到肉丸 |
[04:15] | I hear you’re gonna hang out with my son-in-law. | 我听说你要跟我的肉丸女婿出去玩 |
[04:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:23] | You don’t like that at all. | 你不喜欢我们一起相处啊 |
[04:25] | No, it’s fine with me. | 没啊 我完全不介意 |
[04:26] | I hope you all go out and… have a grand old time. | 我希望你们一起出去… 玩得超级开心 |
[04:30] | Yeah, well, what’s the matter? | 好啦 到底怎么了 |
[04:31] | – You afraid I’m gonna find out all your secrets? – Calm down. | -你是担心我会发现你的那些秘密吗 -您省省吧 |
[04:34] | You’re enjoying this a little too much. | 你感觉有点享受过头了吧 |
[04:36] | Enjoying it? I’m loving it. | 何止是享受 简直是心痒难耐啊 |
[04:38] | Look how mad you’re getting. | 看看你都不爽成什么样了 |
[04:40] | Come on, what’s he got on you? | 来嘛 他握有你什么把柄 |
[04:42] | Did you do some jail time? | 你蹲过监狱吗 |
[04:44] | Were you a go-go dancer? | 以前是在酒吧里的舞女吗 |
[04:47] | Have you got a tattoo in a naughty place? | 还是在什么”坏坏”的地方有刺青啊 |
[04:53] | Can I see it? | 我能看看吗 |
[04:58] | Ooh! Someone responded to a theory I posted | 有人回复了我在 |
[05:00] | on the physics bulletin board. | 物理学讨论版贴的理论了 |
[05:02] | He called my work flawed. | 他说我的作品有瑕疵 |
[05:04] | That’s rude. | 真没礼貌 |
[05:05] | Let him know he can’t push you around. | 让他知道你也不是好欺负的 |
[05:07] | That’s what I did at baseball practice. | 我在棒球练习时就是这么做的 |
[05:09] | I’d rather not resort to name-calling. | 我不想靠毒舌来回击 |
[05:11] | It usually gets me stuffed somewhere uncomfortable. | 这通常都会害我被塞进很不舒服的地方 |
[05:14] | That’s in person, | 那是面对面的时候嘛 |
[05:15] | where people know you’re pathetic and weak. | 人家知道你软弱悲催 |
[05:17] | That’s true. | 这倒是真的 |
[05:19] | This is completely anonymous. | 网上没人知道我的身份 |
[05:21] | I can say whatever I want | 我可以畅所欲言 |
[05:22] | without fear of physical retaliation. | 不怕受到身体上的打击报复 |
[05:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢你的建议 |
[05:27] | And on that day, | 就在那天 |
[05:28] | my sister created the first Internet flame war. | 我姐姐推动了因特网上首次的喷子大战 |
[05:32] | Ooh, that is as cruel as it is grammatical. | 又狠又毒 文法又标准无误 |
[05:36] | And send. | 发送 |
[05:41] | I tried to call you last night; the phone was busy. | 我昨晚试着打给你了 不过你家电话占线 |
[05:44] | Oh, yeah, that was Sheldon. | 是啊 是因为谢尔顿 |
[05:46] | Sheldon has friends he talks on the phone with? | 谢尔顿有可以打电话聊天的朋友了吗 |
[05:49] | Well, his computer was talking to another computer. | 是他的电脑在跟其他的电脑对话啦 |
[05:53] | And the world makes sense again. | 世界又恢复正常了 |
[05:56] | Morning. | 早安 |
[05:58] | Just a reminder, I’m gonna be late tonight. | 提醒你一下 我今晚会比较晚回家 |
[06:01] | Hanging with my new buddy Dale. | 要跟我新的好兄弟戴尔出去玩 |
[06:03] | Well, I hope you two have fun together. | 希望你们俩玩得愉快啦 |
[06:05] | Oh, we will. So much to talk about. | 当然会啦 有那么多能聊的 |
[06:08] | You better respect her privacy. | 你最好给我尊重一下她的隐私 |
[06:10] | Oh, I don’t plan on doing that at all. | 我完全没这个打算 |
[06:13] | Don’t you need to go to work? | 你不用上班的吗 |
[06:14] | Yes, but I don’t want to leave until I know you’re upset. | 要啊 但我在确定你不爽了之前还不想走 |
[06:17] | Well, I’m sorry, but I’m not. | 那抱歉了 我没不爽 |
[06:22] | Yeah, you are. | 你有 |
[06:23] | Bye. | 再见啦 |
[06:28] | It’s just so easy. All you do is type in the Usenet address: | 非常简单 你只需要输入新闻网的地址 |
[06:33] | “Sci… dot… theory… | “Sci[科学].theory[理论] |
[06:37] | dot… physics… | .physics[物理] |
[06:41] | dot… research… | .research[研究] |
[06:45] | dot… quantum.” | .quantum[量子]” |
[06:48] | Press enter, and it comes right up. | 按下回车 然后马上就出来啦 |
[06:51] | 正在初始化 | |
[06:58] | 正在读取数据中 | |
[07:01] | Careful. In WarGames, | 小心 在电影《战争游戏》中 |
[07:02] | Matthew Broderick almost blew up the world. | 男主角差点就把世界炸了 |
[07:05] | The only thing I’m gonna be blowing up | 我唯一要炸掉的东西 |
[07:06] | is this fellow’s flimsy argument. | 就是这家伙苍白无力的论点 |
[07:10] | That was one of my classic jokes; feel free to laugh. | 这是比较经典的那种笑话 想笑出声别客气 |
[07:17] | See? Like magic. | 你看 就像魔法一般 |
[07:25] | Uh, why are you dressed like a boy? | 你为什么打扮得像个男孩子 |
[07:28] | I made the baseball team. | 我入选棒球队了啊 |
[07:30] | Oh, so you are a boy. | 所以你是个男孩子 |
[07:42] | Get out, I need to change. | 出去 我要换衣服 |
[07:45] | – You seem upset. – I am. | -你好像不开心 -是啊 |
[07:47] | I was right? Good for me. | 我说对了吗 我真厉害 |
[07:49] | Just get out. | 快出去啦 |
[07:54] | Wait. | 等等 |
[07:56] | You get picked on all the time. | 你整天被人欺负 |
[07:58] | How do you deal with it? | 那你都是怎么处理的 |
[07:59] | Who’s picking on you? | 谁在欺负你 |
[08:01] | It doesn’t matter, just tell me. | 这不重要啦 快跟我说 |
[08:03] | I usually start by telling myself how much smarter I am | 我通常都是先从告诉自己 |
[08:05] | than the person who’s picking on me, | 我比欺负我的那个人聪明多少 |
[08:07] | but that won’t work for you. | 但这招你用不了 |
[08:09] | Out. | 出去 |
[08:14] | Missy? | 米希 |
[08:17] | What? | 干嘛 |
[08:17] | Sometimes I imagine that I’m an ion with a positive charge | 有时候我会幻想我是个阳离子 |
[08:20] | and they’re an ion with a negative charge. | 而欺负我的人是阴离子 |
[08:22] | It’s so that whatever they say bounces off me | 所以他们说的话都会弹回去 |
[08:24] | and sticks to them. | 粘到他们身上 |
[08:28] | Hi, Georgie. | 你好啊 小乔治 |
[08:32] | I like that jacket. | 你的夹克真好看 |
[08:33] | Then you’ll probably like my pants; | 那你应该也会喜欢我的裤子 |
[08:34] | they’re made of the same stuff. | 因为也一样是牛仔布料的 |
[08:39] | Well, see you in class. | 课上见 |
[08:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:55] | Veronica. | 维罗妮卡 |
[08:57] | Hey, Georgie. | 小乔治 |
[08:58] | What’s up? | 有事吗 |
[09:00] | We’re-we’re friends, right? | 我们… 我们是朋友对吧 |
[09:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:03] | We’re just friends? | 我们只是朋友而已吗 |
[09:07] | What do you mean? | 这问题什么意思 |
[09:08] | Well, I’ve asked you out a bunch | 我追过你很多次 |
[09:09] | and you’ve made it pretty clear | 但你每次都跟我表明 |
[09:11] | you weren’t interested, | 你没兴趣跟我在一起 |
[09:13] | but before I asked out another girl, | 但在我去约别的女孩子之前 |
[09:15] | I just wanted to make sure that… | 我想跟你确定一下… |
[09:16] | It’s fine. | 没关系的 |
[09:19] | You sure? Because if it’s not… | 你确定吗 因为如果你不… |
[09:21] | Georgie, I need to focus on my relationship with God right now, | 小乔治 我现在想专注在我与神的关系 |
[09:26] | but I’m really happy for you. | 不过我真的很替你开心 |
[09:30] | Okay. Cool. | 好吧 行 |
[09:35] | Cool. | 行 |
[09:39] | Well, guess I’ll see you around. | 那回见啦 |
[09:44] | Yup. | 好 |
[10:10] | Well, I-I was married for 18 years and I got to tell you, | 我之前那段婚姻维持了18年 我得承认 |
[10:12] | those were the two best years of my life. | 那是我这辈子最美好的两年 |
[10:16] | Ah. What’s it like, you know, being single at your age? | 你这个年纪单身是什么感觉 |
[10:20] | Why, you thinking about it? | 怎么 你也在考虑离婚吗 |
[10:21] | No, no, everything’s fine. | 不是啦 一切都好 |
[10:23] | Happily married, just, uh, just curious. Yeah… | 婚姻幸福美满 只是好奇问一下啦 |
[10:26] | Come on, now. She’s not here. | 别演了 她又不在这 |
[10:29] | Well, to answer your question, it’s just great. | 回答你刚才的问题 单身很自由自在 |
[10:31] | See, I get to wander around my house in my underwear, | 我可以只穿内裤在家里走来走去 |
[10:34] | and I can make whatever bodily noises I choose whenever I choose. | 还能随时任意发出各种身体响声 |
[10:38] | Ah. I do that now. | 我现在已经这么做了 |
[10:41] | Well, then, you got yourself a keeper. | 那你太太就是真爱了 |
[10:45] | So how’d you wind up coaching baseball? | 你怎么会当上棒球教练呢 |
[10:47] | Well, with the sporting goods store, | 我之前开体育用品店 |
[10:49] | you know, I’ve sponsored a couple of teams, | 所以赞助过几支球队 |
[10:50] | and then this year, my grandson wanted to play, | 然后今年 我孙子想打棒球 |
[10:52] | so it lets me spend more time with him. | 当教练我就能有更多时间陪他 |
[10:55] | That’s nice. Yeah, I coach my son in football. | 真好 我也教我儿子打橄榄球 |
[10:57] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿吗 |
[10:58] | Oh, God, no. Can you imagine? | 当然不是 那画面得多惊悚啊 |
[11:01] | – You really scared me there for a second. – Yeah. | -我刚才差点被你吓死 -是啊 |
[11:07] | – So you’re dating my mother-in-law. – Oh, no. | -话说 你在跟我丈母娘约会啊 -别啊 |
[11:09] | Now, did she send you here on a fact-finding mission? | 她是不是派你来挖我的料 |
[11:13] | No. No, I-if anything, | 没有 要说有 |
[11:14] | she’s worried I’m gonna tell you things about her. | 也是她担心我会爆她的料给你 |
[11:16] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:18] | Well, I tell you what, why don’t we get another drink | 不如这样吧 我们把酒续上 |
[11:20] | and let’s get to it? | 然后你向我娓娓道来 |
[11:22] | Would you get this man a bucket of beer here, please? | 麻烦给这位先生拿一扎啤酒来 |
[11:27] | I’m sorry those girls were so mean. | 那些女孩那么坏 我真替你难过 |
[11:30] | They didn’t just call me a boy. | 她们不只说我是男孩子 |
[11:32] | They wouldn’t sit with me at lunch. | 吃午饭时也不愿跟我一起坐 |
[11:33] | No one talked to me at recess. | 课间休息也没人跟我说话 |
[11:35] | Aw, baby. | 可怜的小宝贝 |
[11:37] | Somebody crossed out “Missy Cooper” in my notebook | 有人划掉了我笔记本上的”米希·库珀[库珀小姐]” |
[11:39] | and wrote “Mister Cooper.” | 改成”库珀先生” |
[11:41] | Well, if that’s what they’re like, | 如果她们是这种人 |
[11:42] | maybe you don’t want them as friends. | 也许你不该跟她们做朋友 |
[11:45] | I don’t think I want to play baseball anymore. | 我不想再打棒球了 |
[11:49] | If that’s what you want, it’s your decision. | 如果你想这么做 我尊重你的决定 |
[11:57] | Hello? | 喂 |
[11:58] | I heard your daughter’s playing baseball. | 我听说你女儿进棒球队了 |
[12:01] | Hey, Brenda. | 你好 布兰达 |
[12:02] | What were you thinking? | 你在想什么啊 |
[12:04] | Excuse me? | 你什么意思 |
[12:05] | My Billy’s on that team. | 我家比利也在棒球队 |
[12:07] | Baseball’s for boys. | 棒球是男孩子的运动 |
[12:10] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[12:11] | Says everyone. It’s not ladylike. | 人人都这么说 那很不淑女 |
[12:13] | Save some pudding for your father! | 留点布丁给你爸啊饿鬼 |
[12:18] | Okay, where was I? | 我刚说到哪 |
[12:20] | You were telling me what was ladylike | 你刚才教训我怎样才算淑女 |
[12:21] | and then yelled at your son like a dock foreman. | 接着你就像码头粗工一样吼你儿子 |
[12:24] | Listen, I’m just doing you a favor. | 听着 我只是好心帮你 |
[12:26] | The other moms on the team are starting to talk. | 球队的其他妈妈已经开始说闲话了 |
[12:28] | Well, maybe the other moms need to mind their own business. | 或许其他妈妈不该多管闲事 |
[12:31] | Come on, Mary. | 拜托 玛丽 |
[12:32] | Isn’t one weird kid in your family enough? | 你家已经有一个奇葩小孩了还不够吗 |
[12:35] | You going for a record? | 你想破纪录还怎么的 |
[12:40] | You’re playing baseball. | 你必须打棒球 |
[12:42] | But you said it was my decision. | 但你说会尊重我的决定的 |
[12:44] | It is. And you’re playing. | 没错 决定就是你得继续打 |
[12:48] | – There you are. – Oh, yeah. | -我帮你倒 -是啊 |
[12:50] | Connie’s great. | 康妮很棒 |
[12:52] | You can have a beer with her, watch a football game, | 她可以陪你喝啤酒 看橄榄球赛 |
[12:55] | joke around. | 乱开玩笑 |
[12:57] | She doesn’t mind if you swear. | 她也不介意你骂脏话 |
[12:58] | In fact, that woman’s got a mouth on her. | 事实上她自己就出口成脏 |
[13:01] | – I have noticed that. – Yeah. | -我注意到了 -是啊 |
[13:04] | You know, I just realized something. | 我刚意识到一件事 |
[13:07] | I got more in common with my mother-in-law | 我跟我丈母娘的共同点 |
[13:08] | than I do my own wife. | 比我跟我老婆的还多 |
[13:10] | That’s kind of creepy. | 那有点诡异啊 |
[13:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:14] | Let’s hope the beer does its job | 但愿这杯啤酒能放倒我 |
[13:15] | and I don’t remember this tomorrow. | 明天起来就不记得这事了 |
[13:17] | Well, hey, tell me something about this guy she was seeing. | 对了 跟我说说她之前交往的那个男人 |
[13:21] | Mm. The scientist | 那个科学家啊 |
[13:23] | – Really? A scientist? Yeah, not with test tubes; | -真的吗 科学家 -不是做试验的科学怪人类型 |
[13:26] | more with arithmetic, thinking and stuff. | 而是擅长运算和思考那种 |
[13:29] | – Uh-huh. A physicist. – There you go. | -那就是物理学家 -没错 |
[13:31] | Yeah. Nice enough fella. | 他是个好人 |
[13:33] | Always reminded me of that cartoon owl | 总让我想起棒棒糖广告里的 |
[13:35] | in the Tootsie Pop commercials. | 那只卡通猫头鹰 |
[13:38] | Well, why’d they break up? | 他们为什么分手 |
[13:40] | Uh, you know. | 就是… |
[13:42] | You know, things happen. | 人有祸福嘛 |
[13:43] | Uh-huh. What things? | 什么祸福 |
[13:46] | Come on, now. | 告诉我嘛 |
[13:49] | At least tell me if there’s something I need to worry about. | 至少告诉我我需要担心什么 |
[13:51] | Oh, no. Connie’s rock solid. | 没事 康妮靠谱得很 |
[13:54] | Unless you put on a little weight. | 除非你发福了 |
[13:55] | Then you will hear about it. | 你就会被她吐槽 |
[13:58] | Uh, you want to switch to light beer? | 你想换喝淡啤吗 |
[13:59] | Hey. I may have boobs, but I’m still a man. | 我虽然奶子不小 但我还是真男人 |
[14:16] | Well, I never. | 我才没有 |
[14:18] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:19] | I’m having a scientific argument with someone | 我正在跟别人争论科学 |
[14:21] | and I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[14:22] | I do love a good science fight. | 我最喜欢科学大战了 |
[14:25] | Has it devolved to name-calling yet? | 你们开始退化到互相辱骂了吗 |
[14:27] | Yes. I called him a Pongo pygmaeus. | 开始了 我骂他是沙巴人猿 |
[14:30] | Oh! A Bornean orangutan. | 婆罗洲猩猩啊 |
[14:33] | That is a creature who would be very bad at science. Well done. | 那种动物肯定是科学白痴啦 骂得漂亮 |
[14:38] | I know. | 本王知道 |
[14:39] | So how can I help? | 要我帮什么呢 |
[14:40] | I posted a theory on the collapse of wave function. | 我发布了一个理论 关于波函数坍缩 |
[14:43] | We’ve been arguing back and forth | 我们一直争辩个不停 |
[14:45] | and he’s saying that my probabilities come out negative. | 他说我的概率为负值 |
[14:48] | Hmm. I see. | 我知道了 |
[14:49] | Have you considered that negative probabilities | 你有没有想过负概率 |
[14:52] | can still have meaning? | 可能仍有其意义 |
[14:53] | Ooh, I hadn’t. That suggests another idea. | 还真没有 那我有新的想法了 |
[14:56] | I can argue that negative probabilities | 我可以说负概率 |
[14:58] | only show up in intermediate steps. | 只出现在中间步骤 |
[15:01] | I’m gonna destroy him with this. | 老子要用这条怼死他 |
[15:03] | And when you do, feel free to call him a Scarabaeus viettei, | 到时还可以补刀说他是圣甲虫 |
[15:07] | a dung beetle. | 也就是屎壳郎 |
[15:09] | Oh, I so admire your mind. | 我太敬佩您聪慧的大脑了 |
[15:11] | Back at you, little man. | 我也敬佩你 小家伙 |
[15:17] | Can I top off your coffee? | 要帮你添点咖啡吗 |
[15:19] | Well, that’s awfully nice of you. | 你人真好啊 |
[15:20] | You know me. I’m a pleaser. | 你了解我的 我就爱取悦别人 |
[15:23] | You just want to know what I talked about with Dale. | 你只是想知道我和戴尔聊了什么 |
[15:26] | Not really. | 并不是 |
[15:28] | I promise you got nothing to worry about. | 我保证 你没什么好担心的 |
[15:30] | I didn’t say a thing. | 我什么坏话都没说 |
[15:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:34] | So what’d you find out about him? | 那你挖到他什么料了 |
[15:35] | Oh, I see how this works. | 原来只准你八卦人家啊 |
[15:38] | You’re damn straight that’s how it works. | 当然是这样啊 |
[15:40] | Now spill. | 快招 |
[15:42] | Well, let’s see. | 我想想啊 |
[15:44] | Uh, he likes to drink, | 他喜欢喝酒 |
[15:46] | likes to hunt. | 喜欢打猎 |
[15:47] | Uh, he’s got a son who’s divorced. | 他有个儿子 离婚了 |
[15:48] | I know all this. Go on. | 这些我都知道 继续说 |
[15:51] | That’s all I got. | 我只问出这些 |
[15:54] | You are useless. | 你这个废物 |
[15:57] | When he comes to his senses and dumps you, | 等他清醒过来 把你一脚踢开之后 |
[15:58] | – I’m gonna stay friends with him. – Good. | -我会继续跟他做朋友 -很好 |
[16:00] | If he dumps me, he deserves to suffer. | 他要是敢甩我 就活该受这种罪 |
[16:10] | Hey, Dale. | 戴尔 |
[16:11] | Hey, George. | 乔治 |
[16:13] | So, uh, she gonna be okay out there? | 她在场上不会有问题吧 |
[16:16] | Well, I talked to the other coach. | 我和其他教练打过招呼了 |
[16:17] | The boys are gonna leave her alone. | 那些男生不会欺负她的 |
[16:20] | Hey, Billy! | 比利 |
[16:22] | You’re supposed to be warming up. | 你该去热身啊 |
[16:24] | I found a worm! | 我发现了一条蚯蚓欸 |
[16:26] | Do you want to coach a baseball team? | 你想执教棒球队吗 |
[16:30] | You praying? | 你是在祈祷吗 |
[16:32] | I’m asking the Lord to watch over my little girl. | 我在请求主照顾好我的宝贝女儿 |
[16:35] | Well, while you’re at it, ask Him for a win. | 既然在请求了 顺便叫祂保佑我们赢 |
[16:37] | I got money on this. | 我可是花钱下了赌注的 |
[16:38] | You bet on a kids’ baseball game? | 小孩子的棒球赛你也赌 |
[16:41] | I got three to one odds. | 赔率高达一赔三呢 |
[16:44] | Thanks to Dr. Sturgis, | 多亏有斯特吉斯博士 |
[16:46] | I had all the intellectual ammunition I needed | 我的知识子弹库存满满 |
[16:48] | to bring my opponent to his knees. | 足以令我的敌手俯首称臣 |
[16:51] | I accused him of conflating | 我指摘他把两种 |
[16:52] | two different interpretations of quantum theory, | 量子论解读混为一谈 |
[16:54] | woefully misrepresenting Paul Dirac, | 严重扭曲了保罗·狄拉克的研究 |
[16:54] | 英国理论物理学家 | |
[16:57] | and when I called him a dung beetle in Latin, | 然后当我用拉丁语骂他是屎壳郎时 |
[17:00] | I was so riled up, | 我怒火攻心 |
[17:01] | I almost started producing testosterone. | 气到差点开始分泌睾酮素了[变爷们] |
[17:06] | Here she comes. | 她上场了 |
[17:08] | This is it. | 好戏开演 |
[17:09] | Go get ’em. | 给他们点颜色看看 |
[17:13] | – Let’s go, Missy! – Go get ’em, Missy! | -加油 米希 -把他们打趴 米希 |
[17:38] | Ball. | 坏球 |
[17:38] | Oh! Dear Lord. | 老天啊 |
[17:42] | Hold it. | 别急 |
[17:43] | It happens. She’s okay. | 常有的事 她没问题的 |
[17:45] | Brush it off, Missy! | 别放心上 米希 |
[18:06] | Ball. | 坏球 |
[18:08] | – What the hell? – Son of a bitch. | -搞什么 -妈的臭小子 |
[18:10] | Hey! Hey, hey, hey. Hold it. | 喂 喂 等一下 |
[18:12] | We talked about this. | 不是说了不准欺负她 |
[18:21] | Cooper! | 库珀 |
[18:24] | Ah, well, here we go. | 行吧 开打吧 |
[18:25] | Eat dirt. Eat it. | 吃土吧你 快吃 |
[18:27] | Kick his ass! | 揍扁他 |
[18:29] | Does it taste good? | 土好吃吗 |
[18:31] | Yeah, listen to your meemaw. Kick his ass! | 没错 听你姥姥的 扁他 |
[18:33] | You gonna cry? Huh? Do it. Cry. | 你要哭吗 哭啊 娘炮 |
[18:36] | Do something. Break it up. | 快做点什么啊 分开他们 |
[18:38] | H-Hang on. She’s winning. | 等等 她要打赢了 |
[18:41] | Missy! | 米希 |
[18:42] | Missy Cooper, you stop beating up that boy! | 米希·库珀 不准再揍那个男孩 |
[18:45] | Punch him in the nuts! | 重锤他蛋蛋 |
[18:50] | Ooh, the long-awaited rebuttal. | 期待已久的反驳来了 |
[18:53] | “While I still believe my theory has merit, | “虽然我仍坚信我的理论有价值 |
[18:56] | I will concede that your point has some validity.” | 但我承认你的观点也有一定合理性” |
[19:01] | My point has some validity. | 我的观点有一定合理性 |
[19:04] | My point has some validity! | 我的观点有一定合理性 |
[19:07] | Yes! | 太棒啦 |
[19:09] | That day, both my sister and I | 那一天 我和我姐姐 |
[19:11] | emerged victorious from savage battles. | 都在野蛮的战斗中获得胜利 |
[19:14] | Hers fought with fists, mine with words. | 她的武器是拳头 我的则是文字 |
[19:17] | What does my point have? Some validity! | 我的观点有什么 一定合理性 |
[19:22] | Although we were both pretty sore the next day. | 不过第二天我们俩都累到肌肉酸痛 |
[19:27] | Ejected from your very first game. | 第一场比赛就被驱逐出场 |
[19:29] | I’m proud of you, slugger. | 我好骄傲 重炮手 |
[19:31] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢了 爸爸 |
[19:32] | Dairy Queen’s on me. | 去冰雪皇后 我请客 |
[19:34] | To be clear, we’re not rewarding violence. | 先说清楚 这不是奖励你实施暴力 |
[19:37] | But I am glad that you didn’t let those girls | 不过我很欣慰 你没因为学校那些女生 |
[19:40] | from school bully you into quitting. | 欺负你而放弃打棒球 |
[19:42] | I shreded their faces in the dirt. | 我把她们都按到地上摩擦了 |
[19:44] | Yeah. That’s my girl. | 不愧是我的女儿 |
[19:46] | Someone’s getting extra sprinkles tonight. | 今晚要奖励某人多一份彩虹糖粒咯 |
[19:49] | Hooray for battles. | 大战万岁 |