时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Young Sheldon… | |
[00:03] | – Who are you? – I’m Paige. | -你是谁 -我叫佩奇 |
[00:05] | A unique child can require a lot of attention. | 一个特殊的孩子可能需要耗费很多注意力, |
[00:07] | Try all the attention. | 应该是全部的注意力 |
[00:08] | Barry and I haven’t been in a good place in a long time. | 巴里跟我的感情不睦很久了 |
[00:11] | This is oddly reminiscent of a dinner with my family. | 这个意外地让我想起我家人共进晚餐的场景 |
[00:14] | Do you think Stone Age parents stayed together forever? | 你觉得石器时代的父母会一直在一起吗 |
[00:17] | They had to. There were no lawyers. | 必须的啊 那年代没有离婚律师 |
[00:19] | – Well, I think my parents are getting a divorce. – Why? | -我觉得我父母要离婚了 -为什么 |
[00:22] | They fight all the time. | 他们总是吵架 |
[00:23] | – About what? – Mostly me. | -吵什么 -大多跟我有关 |
[00:25] | I guess I’m lucky. | 那我挺幸运吧 |
[00:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:28] | I’m the glue that holds our family together. | 我是维持我家紧密关系的胶水 |
[00:36] | No more coffee? | 没咖啡了吗 |
[00:37] | Last cup. | 我这是最后一杯 |
[00:38] | Well, you mind making more? | 那你不介意再煮一壶的吧 |
[00:40] | I just sat down. | 我刚坐下呢 |
[00:41] | But you finished the pot. | 但喝掉最后一杯的人得煮新的呀 |
[00:43] | George, if I wanted to make a cup of coffee, | 乔治 我要是想泡咖啡 |
[00:45] | I’d have stayed at my house. | 我就留在自己家里喝了 |
[00:49] | One day I’m gonna put you in a home, | 有一天我要送你去老人院 |
[00:51] | and I’m gonna smile just like that. | 到时候我也会这么对你笑 |
[00:53] | That’s fine. | 无所谓 |
[00:54] | By then I won’t know who you are anyway. | 到时候我也不记得你是谁了 |
[00:58] | Guess who is getting a divorce. | 猜猜谁要离婚了 |
[01:00] | About time. Congrats. | 也是时候了 恭喜你啊 |
[01:02] | Linda and Barry Swanson. | 琳达与巴里·斯旺森 |
[01:04] | Who’s that? A-And can you tell me how to make coffee? | 那是谁啊 你能教我怎么煮咖啡吗 |
[01:07] | They’re Paige’s parents. | 是佩奇的父母啦 |
[01:09] | Who? | 谁啊 |
[01:10] | The little smart girl. | 那个天才小女孩啊 |
[01:12] | Apparently she’s taking the divorce really hard. | 离婚好像让她受了很大的打击 |
[01:15] | I guess she’s been having trouble in school. | 可能本来在学校也过得不太开心吧 |
[01:17] | Aw, poor thing. | 可怜的小东西 |
[01:18] | Linda thinks Sheldon might be a good influence, | 琳达觉得谢尔顿或许能让她振作起来 |
[01:21] | you know, maybe rub off on her a little bit. | 当当她的榜样 让她学习一下 |
[01:23] | What, she wants her kid to be more like Sheldon? | 她想让她孩子多像谢尔顿一点吗 |
[01:27] | I don’t know what to say about that. | 对此我真是感到无言以对 |
[01:30] | So, good news. | 好消息 |
[01:32] | Paige is gonna spend the weekend with us. | 佩奇这周末要来我们家住 |
[01:34] | My history with Paige brought up complicated feelings. | 我跟佩奇的过去令我对此事有复杂感受 |
[01:38] | She challenged me. | 她挑战我 |
[01:39] | Do you know if you’ll be doing | 你知道他会不会 |
[01:40] | a full-color octet calculation with matrix manipulations? | 教用矩阵乘法做八色胶子运算吗 |
[01:44] | I know you’re in my spot. | 我知道你坐了我的专座 |
[01:46] | She disturbed me. | 她令我不舒服 |
[01:47] | Hi, Sheldon! | 你好啊 谢尔顿 |
[01:49] | She enraged me. | 她令我火冒三丈 |
[01:51] | Checkmate. | 将军 |
[01:53] | Things were simpler for my simple-minded sister. | 跟我头脑简单的姐姐相处就没那么复杂 |
[01:56] | Yay! | 好棒 |
[01:59] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:02] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:04] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:07] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:10] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:20] | Shelly, I got you something. | 谢利 我给你准备了礼物 |
[02:24] | The Professor Proton Science Kit! | 《质子教授》科学用品组 |
[02:26] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[02:28] | Last time you gave me a present for no reason, | 你上次无来由就给我礼物 |
[02:30] | I had to get a booster shot. | 随后我就被抓去打了疫苗 |
[02:32] | Nothing like that. | 没有那样啦 |
[02:33] | I was just thinking, it might be a fun thing for you | 我只是觉得 如果你跟佩奇分享一起玩 |
[02:35] | to share with Paige. | 应该会挺有意思 |
[02:37] | Sharing. Sometimes I feel like you don’t know me. | 分享 有时候真觉得你完全不懂我 |
[02:41] | Paige is having a rough time at home right now, | 佩奇最近在家里过得很不开心 |
[02:43] | and I think she could really use a friend. | 我觉得她或许很需要一个朋友的陪伴 |
[02:46] | A crocodile could really use a meal, | 一只鳄鱼也很需要饱餐一顿 |
[02:47] | but that doesn’t mean I should leap into his mouth. | 但并不代表我要以身喂鳄鱼啊 |
[02:50] | Shelly, I am asking you to do this for me. | 谢利 我是在请你为我这么做 |
[02:54] | This was the woman who cut the crusts off my sandwiches. | 这位女士可是为我把三明治切边的人 |
[02:58] | – She had me. – Into the mouth I go. | -我被她掌握 -我这就往鳄鱼嘴里跳 |
[03:08] | Why haven’t you mowed the lawn? | 你为什么还没把院子的草割了 |
[03:09] | I been busy. | 我忙着呢 |
[03:11] | Well, you’re not busy now. | 你现在就不忙啊 |
[03:13] | I’m working out. | 我在忙着健身[工作]呢 |
[03:14] | Got the word “work” right there in it. | 这不是还带着”工作”的吗 |
[03:18] | Get out there and mow. | 快给我滚出去割草 |
[03:21] | Why? I’m making good money. | 为什么 我现在赚不少钱 |
[03:22] | I don’t need an allowance, so I don’t need to do chores. | 我不需要零花钱了 我才不要做家事 |
[03:25] | It’s not about that. | 跟那个无关 |
[03:26] | You’re part of this family, you still need to help out. | 你是家庭的一份子 就需要帮忙做家事 |
[03:28] | So I’m just here to do your bidding? | 所以我就得当你跑腿的呗 |
[03:30] | Well, and people say Sheldon’s a genius. | 人家还说谢尔顿是天才呢 你也不赖 |
[03:38] | I just want to remind you both to please be sensitive | 我最后一次提醒你们多注意一点 |
[03:40] | about the situation with Paige’s family. | 不要让佩奇想起家里的事 |
[03:43] | She’s talking to you, dingus. | 她是在跟你说呢 小老弟 |
[03:45] | Both of you. | 是对你们俩说 |
[03:47] | – Hi, come in. – Hello. | -欢迎 请进 -你好啊 |
[03:49] | Hi, Missy. Hi, Sheldon. | 你好啊 米希 你好啊 谢尔顿 |
[03:51] | What did you do to your hair? | 你的头发怎么弄成这样了 |
[03:52] | Is this because your parents got divorced? | 是因为你父母离婚了吗 |
[03:55] | Dingus. | 小老弟啊 |
[03:56] | Well, she just really wanted to, | 她就是想要嘛 |
[03:57] | and I thought, you know, under the circumstances, | 我就想 这种情况下她说想要 |
[03:59] | why not? | 那又有何不可呢 |
[04:00] | Well, I think it looks great. | 我觉得很好看啦 |
[04:02] | So, can I have pink…? | 那我也可以染粉色… |
[04:02] | No. Why don’t you kids go play? | 别想 孩子们你们去玩吧 |
[04:05] | I’d rather have pink hair than together parents. | 我想要粉头发胜过父母不离婚 |
[04:07] | I don’t blame you. | 这想法没毛病 |
[04:13] | Well, it’s about time. | 这才对嘛 |
[04:18] | Hi, Mr. Cooper! | 库珀先生你好啊 |
[04:20] | Billy. What are you doing? | 比利 你在做什么 |
[04:24] | I’m mowing the lawn. | 我在割草啊 |
[04:25] | What are you doing? | 那你在干嘛 |
[04:26] | Did Georgie put you up to this? | 是小乔治要你来割的吗 |
[04:27] | Yeah. He’s paying me. | 对啊 他付我钱 |
[04:29] | That dummy. | 那傻子 |
[04:30] | I’m raising the money to buy a Jet Ski. | 我在存钱买摩托艇 |
[04:35] | I mean, I’m thrilled that he’s gone, | 跟他分开我是非常开心啦 |
[04:37] | but I do worry about how it’s affecting Paige. | 但我很担心对佩奇的影响 |
[04:39] | Of course. | 当然啦 |
[04:40] | You and George have such a beautiful family. | 你跟乔治的家庭这么幸福 |
[04:42] | I think it’s good for her to be around that right now. | 我觉得让她在这样的环境待几天也不错 |
[04:48] | Oh. Hey. | 你好啊 |
[04:49] | Nice to see you. Sorry about the divorce. | 欢迎你来 离婚的事情别太难过 |
[04:51] | I got to go yell at my idiot son. | 我现在得去骂我的傻逼儿子了 |
[04:54] | Georgie! Where are you? | 小乔治 你在哪 |
[04:58] | You look great, by the way. | 对了 你看起来很容光焕发啊 |
[04:59] | Oh, thanks. I started smoking again. | 谢谢 我最近又开始抽烟了 |
[05:06] | What the hell’s wrong with you? | 你他妈是有什么毛病啊 |
[05:07] | You think it’s okay for Billy Sparks to do your work? | 你觉得叫比利·斯巴克斯帮你做事是对的吗 |
[05:10] | I paid him. | 我付钱给他了啊 |
[05:11] | I tried to give him two dollars, but he only wanted one. | 我想给他两块钱的 但他坚持只要一块 |
[05:13] | Damn it, Georgie, I’m trying to teach you responsibility. | 靠 小乔治 我是想教导你责任感 |
[05:16] | – You can’t just buy your way out of everything in life. – You sure? | -人生不是什么问题都可以用钱解决的 -你确定吗 |
[05:19] | ‘Cause I’ll give you ten bucks to leave me alone right now. | 如果你现在不烦我 我可以给你十块钱 |
[05:22] | Go mow the lawn. | 给我去割草 |
[05:23] | I’m not gonna say it again. | 这是我最后一次说了 |
[05:26] | Fine. But I’m only doing this so you’ll get off my back. | 行行行 但纯粹是因为我不想再听你唠叨了 |
[05:29] | Oh, you’ll know when I’m on your back, little man. | 我真的要唠叨你就不只是这样了 小伙子 |
[05:33] | Now we can be hair twins. | 现在我们可以当发型姐妹了 |
[05:34] | Paige, you’re supposed to be doing science with me. | 佩奇 你应该跟我一起做科学才对 |
[05:37] | That’s boring. | 那无聊死了 |
[05:38] | I want to do something dangerous. | 我想要做点危险的事情 |
[05:40] | This is dangerous. We don’t have an eye wash station. | 这就很危险啊 我们没有紧急洗眼台 |
[05:43] | – Let’s go to the mall. – Mom doesn’t like the mall. | -我们去商场吧 -妈妈不喜欢商场 |
[05:46] | She says the mannequins don’t have enough clothes on, | 她说里面的假人都衣不蔽体 |
[05:48] | but I think it’s ’cause we’re poor. | 但我觉得只是因为我们穷 |
[05:50] | We are poor. I do our taxes. | 我们家是穷 我报税的 我很清楚 |
[05:52] | Don’t worry. I’ll ask her. | 别担心 由我来问 |
[05:54] | Ever since my parents got divorced, | 打从我父母离婚后 |
[05:56] | people can’t say no to me. | 大家就什么事情都让我做 |
[05:57] | My mom promised she would take me to the mall | 我妈答应过我带我去商场 |
[05:59] | to get me a new backpack, | 要给我买新背包 |
[06:00] | but she was so busy cleaning my dad’s stuff out of the garage | 但她当时忙着在把我爸的东西清出车库 |
[06:03] | that I think she forgot. Oh. | 我觉得她可能已经忘了这事 |
[06:05] | Of course I can take you. Anything you need. | 我当然可以带你去啦 任何事都可以 |
[06:09] | Thank you, Mrs. Cooper. | 谢谢您 库珀太太 |
[06:15] | Will you marry me? | 你可以嫁给我吗 |
[06:21] | Why are you taking a backpack to the mall? | 你为什么去商场要背背包啊 |
[06:22] | This is my mall safety kit. | 这是我的商场救护包 |
[06:26] | Earplugs to drown out crowd noise, | 耳塞是用来阻挡嘈杂的人群声 |
[06:28] | Wet-Naps to wipe down escalator handrails, | 湿纸巾是用来擦电扶梯的扶手 |
[06:30] | a compass, a map of the mall, | 一个指南针 一份商场地图 |
[06:32] | and a whistle, in case I get lost | 一个求救口哨 以防我走丢 |
[06:33] | or approached by a woman holding a perfume bottle. | 或是被拿着试用香水的女人搭讪 |
[06:36] | You want to stuff him in there, right? | 你是不是也想把他塞进包里 |
[06:38] | No. | 没有啊 |
[06:43] | Okay, Paige, | 好的 佩奇 |
[06:44] | where should we go to get your backpack? | 我们应该去哪里买你的背包呢 |
[06:46] | The Hello Kitty store. | 凯蒂猫商品店 |
[06:47] | I would help you find it, but this subpar mall map | 我很愿意帮你找 但这个二流的商场地图 |
[06:49] | isn’t even oriented north. | 甚至都不是朝北画的 |
[06:51] | – Let’s go. – All right, have fun at the Hello Kitty store, | -走吧 -好啦 在凯蒂猫商品店玩得开心 |
[06:54] | and meet me at the fountain in half an hour. | 半个小时后到喷水池那里跟我碰头 |
[06:57] | Just to be clear, there are no actual kitties, right? | 我确认一下 里面没有真的猫吧 |
[07:02] | I can’t imagine talking to my dad | 我都不敢想象 |
[07:03] | the way this kid talks to me. | 用那孩子对我说话的方式跟我爸说话 |
[07:05] | I’d have had a belt on my backside so fast… | 感觉我爸的皮带会瞬间抽到我的屁股上 |
[07:08] | My dad was a hugger. | 我爸爸是爱抱抱的那种 |
[07:11] | I had to tell him three times to mow the lawn, | 请他去割草我还得三催四请 |
[07:12] | and he still gave me attitude. | 他还能给我脸色看 |
[07:15] | He’s going to school, holding down a job. | 他有在上学 还能有工作 |
[07:17] | If he was my kid, I’d be proud of him. | 如果他是我孩子 我会很引以为豪 |
[07:22] | I am proud of him. | 我有以他为荣啊 |
[07:24] | When he’s not being a total pain in my ass. | 只要他不要在我面前跟个死小孩一样 |
[07:28] | You ever tell him you’re proud? | 你有跟他说过你以他为荣吗 |
[07:31] | He knows. | 他知道啦 |
[07:33] | I think it’s important for children to hear it. | 我觉得让孩子亲耳听到这事挺重要的 |
[07:35] | You don’t even have kids. | 你都没孩子好吗 |
[07:37] | I teach and coach teenage boys. | 我是一群青少年的老师与教练 |
[07:39] | I also put up with your childish nonsense. | 还得忍受你的孩子气 |
[07:44] | Georgie’s just being so damn disrespectful, | 小乔治就是真的很目无尊长嘛 |
[07:46] | I don’t want to reward that. | 我不想鼓励他这种行为 |
[07:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:49] | My father never said he was proud of me. | 我父亲也从未对我说过他以我为荣 |
[07:51] | I turned out just fine. | 我还不是好好的 |
[07:54] | George, I’m just trying to have a nice day, | 乔治 我只是想来愉快地打打球 |
[07:57] | make some white folks uncomfortable. | 然后顺便让一些白人兄弟看了难受 |
[07:59] | Can you please? | 能对我高抬贵手吗 |
[08:06] | This isn’t the Hello Kitty store. | 这不是凯蒂猫商品店啊 |
[08:09] | No. It’s Hot Topic. | 不是 这是热议潮服店 |
[08:11] | What’s the topic, devil worship? | 议论什么呢 恶魔崇拜吗 |
[08:13] | Hey, did you know there’s a bow tie section in the back? | 你知道这店后面有领结区吗 |
[08:17] | Why would they hide that in the back? | 他们为什么要把领结区放在后面 |
[08:21] | Ooh. What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[08:24] | Body glitter. | 身体闪粉 |
[08:25] | That’s so much better than regular glitter. | 这可比普通的闪粉酷多了 |
[08:27] | Then buy it. | 那就买啊 |
[08:29] | I don’t have any money. | 我一分钱都没有 |
[08:30] | Then steal it. | 那就偷走 |
[08:32] | No, my mom would kill me. | 不行 我妈妈会杀了我的 |
[08:37] | Fine. Your mom can’t punish me. | 好吧 你妈妈不能惩罚我 |
[08:39] | I didn’t see any bow ties, | 我一个领结都没看到 |
[08:40] | just a shirt with a bad word on it. | 只看到一件印着脏话的衬衫 |
[08:42] | What did you put in your pocket? | 你把什么东西放进口袋了 |
[08:44] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[08:44] | Are you guys stealing? | 你们在偷东西吗 |
[08:46] | Because if you are, | 因为如果你们偷东西 |
[08:47] | – I am prepared to literally blow the whistle on you… – Okay. | -我就要对你们吹哨子了[揭发你们] -好了 |
[08:52] | Okay. | 好了 |
[08:53] | Relax, we were just playing around. | 放松点 我们只是闹着玩 |
[08:55] | – Let’s just get out of here. – Good. | -我们还是走吧 -很好 |
[08:57] | Everyone behind the counter | 柜台后面的每一个人 |
[08:58] | has an earring where an earring does not belong. | 都有个在正确位置以外的耳环 |
[09:06] | I’ve already mowed the lawn. | 我已经割好草了 |
[09:08] | I know. Thanks for doing that. | 我知道 谢谢你的帮忙 |
[09:11] | So what do you want? | 你还想怎样 |
[09:13] | Well, I was thinking you and I could go grab a burger. | 我在想我们可以去吃个汉堡 |
[09:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:17] | ‘Cause I thought it’d be a nice thing to do. | 因为我觉得一起吃个饭挺好的 |
[09:19] | Which restaurant? | 去哪家餐厅吃 |
[09:21] | Why does it matter? | 去哪家吃有差别吗 |
[09:22] | Well, McDonald’s burgers are fried, | 麦当劳的汉堡是煎的 |
[09:24] | and sometimes I like flame-broiled. | 我有时喜欢吃明火烤的 |
[09:26] | Fine, we can go to Burger King. | 好吧 我们可以去吃汉堡王 |
[09:29] | I don’t like the fries at Burger King. | 我不喜欢吃汉堡王的薯条 |
[09:30] | Ooh, Arby’s has those curly fries. | 阿比餐厅有卷卷薯条 |
[09:32] | Shoot, they don’t have burgers. | 该死 他们不卖汉堡 |
[09:35] | Then let’s go to Whataburger. | 那就去吃华特汉堡吧 |
[09:38] | Okay, but I hope you’re not this cranky the whole meal. | 好吧 但我希望你在吃饭时脾气能好一点 |
[09:48] | So, | 那个 |
[09:49] | we haven’t really had a chance to talk much lately. | 最近我们一直没机会说说话 |
[09:51] | Why is it so hot in here? | 这里为什么这么热 |
[09:53] | AC’s busted. | 空调坏了 |
[09:55] | Why don’t you get it fixed? | 那你为什么不修 |
[09:56] | ‘Cause I got better things to spend my money on. | 因为我要把钱花在更重要的地方 |
[10:00] | Anyway, | 总而言之 |
[10:02] | what I wanted to say is, | 我只想说 |
[10:04] | even though I’m not loving your attitude lately, | 虽然我不喜欢你最近的态度 |
[10:07] | I think it’s great you got this job | 但你能找到这份工作很好 |
[10:09] | and y-you’re doing so well at it. | 你做得还很出色 |
[10:13] | I’m proud of you. | 我以你为荣 |
[10:15] | All right. | 知道了 |
[10:17] | That’s all you have to say? | 这就是你的回应吗 |
[10:19] | Well, maybe if I wasn’t sweating my balls off, | 我要不是热的要死 |
[10:21] | I could think of something else. | 也许还能想出点别的 |
[10:22] | Just stick your head out the window. | 你把头伸出窗外就好了 |
[10:25] | If it’s about money, I’ve got money. | 如果是因为钱的话 我这里有 |
[10:29] | It can even be a loan if it makes you feel better. | 如果你心里过不去 我可以借给你 |
[10:33] | Don’t you dare. | 你再敢说一句试试 |
[10:39] | You said you’re proud of my job. I don’t think you are. | 你说你以我的工作为荣 我觉得你没有 |
[10:41] | You know what? Forget lunch. | 这样吧 别吃午饭了 |
[10:43] | Let’s just go home. | 干脆回家吧 |
[10:44] | Smart. Save some money for your truck. | 明智 为你的卡车省点油钱 |
[10:48] | That’s it. | 够了 |
[10:50] | You’re walking. | 你给我走路回家 |
[10:59] | I had survived a perilous trip to the accessory store, | 我从这趟配饰店危险之旅中幸存下来 |
[11:03] | but it turned out, the real accessory was me. | 但其实 真正的配饰[从犯]是我 |
[11:05] | 身体闪粉 | |
[11:11] | I can’t believe you stole. | 我不敢相信你偷了东西 |
[11:13] | You walked out with it. You stole. | 是你把它带出来的 是你偷的 |
[11:15] | Why would I steal glitter? | 我为什么要偷闪粉 |
[11:17] | I already have a sparkling personality. | 我已经有闪光般的人格了 |
[11:19] | Tell it to the cops. | 去跟警察解释吧 |
[11:20] | Or your cellmate. | 或是跟你的狱友解释 |
[11:22] | You’re so smart. Why are you acting like this? | 你那么聪明 为什么要变成这样 |
[11:25] | Maybe I don’t want to be smart. | 也许我不想那么聪明 |
[11:27] | I have to sit down. | 我得坐下缓缓 |
[11:29] | Being smart sucks. | 当聪明的小孩糟透了 |
[11:31] | It’s the reason we moved here from Arkansas, | 就是因为这个我们才从阿肯色州搬到这里 |
[11:33] | a-and my parents never yelled at each other before that. | 在这之前我的父母从来没吵过架 |
[11:38] | It’s just better to be normal. | 当个普通人更好 |
[11:41] | It works for me. But I also have good cheekbones. | 我就这么觉得 但我还有漂亮的颧骨 |
[11:52] | You swim here? | 你这是游泳了吗 |
[11:54] | Dad kicked me out of his truck. I had to walk back. | 爸爸把我从车上赶下去了 我只能走回来 |
[11:57] | What dumb thing did you say or do? | 你又说了什么蠢话还是做了什么蠢事 |
[11:59] | How do you know I’m the one who did something dumb? | 你怎么知道我是那个做蠢事的人 |
[12:02] | ‘Cause you kind of shine at it. | 因为你就擅长这个 |
[12:04] | All I did is offer to pay to fix his AC. | 我只是说要出钱修车载空调而已 |
[12:07] | And there it is. Dumb. | 果然是你犯蠢 笨蛋 |
[12:09] | What’s wrong with that? | 这么说怎么了 |
[12:10] | Your dad is a grown man. | 你爸爸是个成年人 |
[12:11] | He doesn’t want his kid giving him money. | 他不想要他的孩子给他钱 |
[12:14] | So he’s glad I’m making money, | 所以我赚钱他高兴 |
[12:16] | but I’m not allowed to use that money to help him out? | 但我不能用那些钱帮助他吗 |
[12:18] | I don’t get it. | 我真不懂了 |
[12:19] | Well, someday, when you have a bunch of sweaty, | 等有一天 你也有一大堆满身大汗 |
[12:21] | mullet-headed kids running around, you will. | 笨头笨脑的小孩到处跑的时候 你就懂了 |
[12:24] | Oh, I ain’t never having kids. | 我永远都不会生小孩 |
[12:27] | Well, that’s the smartest thing I ever heard you say. | 这是从你嘴里说出来最聪明的一句话 |
[12:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:40] | John Sturgis at your service. | 这里是约翰·斯特吉斯 |
[12:42] | Dr. Sturgis, Sheldon Cooper. | 斯特吉斯博士 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[12:44] | Hello, Sheldon. | 你好 谢尔顿 |
[12:45] | How are you doing? | 你最近怎么样 |
[12:46] | Confused, upset, annoyed, | 困惑 沮丧 懊恼 |
[12:48] | and potentially in trouble with the law. | 还可能触犯了法律 |
[12:51] | Well, in which order would you like to handle this? | 你想从哪开始解决这个问题呢 |
[12:54] | Let’s start with confused, | 先从困惑开始吧 |
[12:55] | but if we hear sirens approaching, we’ll jump ahead. | 但如果我们听到警笛声 我们就跳过这部分 |
[12:58] | Great. What’s on your mind? | 好的 你在烦恼什么呢 |
[13:00] | Do you ever wish that you weren’t smart? | 你曾希望过自己不聪明吗 |
[13:02] | So I would be short, lonely and stupid? | 所以我就只是矮 孤独还笨吗 |
[13:05] | No, that seems worse. | 不 那就更糟了 |
[13:07] | Why do you ask? | 你为什么问这个 |
[13:09] | Do you remember Paige? | 你还记得佩奇吗 |
[13:10] | Of course, brilliant little girl. | 当然 聪明的小姑娘 |
[13:12] | I know, but she says | 我知道 但是她说 |
[13:13] | that she doesn’t want to be smart anymore. | 她不想再这么聪明了 |
[13:15] | Well, perhaps she’s experiencing some sort of identity crisis. | 也许她正在经历某种身份认同危机 |
[13:20] | Is it possible her ex is dating someone | 有没有可能是她的前任 |
[13:23] | who seems better for her in every imaginable way? | 在跟一个各方面都更适合她的人约会 |
[13:27] | I’m confused. | 我好困惑 |
[13:28] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[13:30] | How do I make her understand that being smart is the best? | 我该怎么做才能让她明白聪明才是最好的 |
[13:34] | Might I suggest, instead of trying to fix her problem, | 我建议 你不要试着去解决她的问题 |
[13:39] | you just listen? | 你倾听就好了 |
[13:41] | When I was in the psychiatric ward, | 当我在精神病院病房的时候 |
[13:43] | I learned that people who are struggling emotionally | 我明白了那些在情绪中苦苦挣扎的人 |
[13:46] | often just need to be heard. | 通常只是想被倾听而已 |
[13:51] | Sounds difficult, but I suppose I could try. | 听着好难 但我想我可以试试 |
[13:53] | Another thing I learned in the hospital is that some people believe | 我还在医院还学到一件事 有些人相信 |
[13:56] | there are weird mole men living in tunnels deep inside the earth. | 有奇怪的鼹鼠人住在地球深处的隧道里 |
[14:02] | Well, this has been mostly helpful. | 这次谈话大抵都很有用 |
[14:04] | And you’re mostly welcome. | 我大抵也欢迎你打来 |
[14:13] | You made it. | 你成功走回来了 |
[14:14] | Yeah, I made it. | 是啊 我走回来了 |
[14:23] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:27] | No problem. | 没关系 |
[14:37] | Is there a way to do this so it doesn’t hurt? | 有没有不痛的修眉方法 |
[14:39] | No. Beauty is pain. | 没有 想变美就要忍痛 |
[14:42] | Boy George must really suffer. | 乔治男孩[歌手]肯定很痛苦 |
[14:44] | Missy, I need a moment with Paige. | 米希 我要跟佩奇单独谈谈 |
[14:46] | Make it quick. | 快点谈 |
[14:47] | I’m only half-beautiful. | 我现在只有一半脸是美的 |
[14:54] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[14:55] | I’m listening. | 我听着呢 |
[14:57] | To what? | 听什么 |
[14:57] | To you. | 听你倾诉 |
[14:58] | I’m not saying anything. | 我什么都没说 |
[14:59] | Well, if you wanted to say anything, I’d be listening. | 如果你想说的话 我听着呢 |
[15:03] | But I don’t want to say anything. | 但我什么都不想说 |
[15:04] | And I don’t want to be listening, but here we are. | 我也不想倾听啊 但相逢即是有缘 |
[15:07] | Are you feeling better yet? | 你现在感觉好点了吗 |
[15:09] | You’re being weird, and not in the usual way. | 你怪怪的 而且不是平常的那种怪 |
[15:15] | Guess that’s my life now. | 看来这就是我现在的生活了 |
[15:17] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[15:20] | Everyone is acting weird. | 每个人的举止都怪怪的 |
[15:23] | My mom is going on dates and my dad is acting like a child. | 我妈妈出去约会 我爸爸表现得像个小孩 |
[15:28] | My sister’s crying all the time. | 我的妹妹一直哭 |
[15:33] | I just | 我只是 |
[15:34] | wish that everything could go back to the way it was. | 希望所有事情都回到以前那样 |
[15:40] | I don’t think it will. | 但已经回不去了 |
[15:43] | It turned out I was really good at listening. | 原来我非常擅长倾听 |
[15:46] | The trick is to sit there, and when you want to leave, don’t. | 秘诀就是坐在那 如果你想走的话 忍住别走 |
[15:51] | I have to live in two separate houses. | 我不得不住在两个房子生活 |
[15:54] | And my grandma says the meanest things about my dad. | 我的外祖母用最恶毒的话骂我爸爸 |
[15:59] | I know that everyone is upset | 我知道所有人都很伤心 |
[16:02] | that I’m not doing well in school. | 因为我不好好上学了 |
[16:04] | It’s just hard to care. | 只是我很难去在乎了 |
[16:09] | Everything that used to seem important to me | 所有从前对我很重要的事情 |
[16:13] | just… doesn’t anymore. | 现在都不再重要了 |
[16:19] | So I guess, really, I just feel alone. | 所以我想 我其实只是觉得孤独吧 |
[16:29] | That sounds hard. | 听起来很难受 |
[16:31] | Yeah… it is. | 是 没错 |
[16:34] | Dr. Sturgis was right. | 斯特吉斯博士是对的 |
[16:36] | There was nothing I could do to fix this, or so I thought. | 我做什么也不能解决这个问题 至少我当时那么想 |
[16:40] | Can I offer you a hot beverage? | 你要我给你倒一杯热饮吗 |
[16:44] | That would be nice. | 好啊 |
[16:46] | Be right back. | 马上就来 |
[16:49] | The “Hot Beverage of Comfort” | 这个”热饮安慰法” |
[16:51] | would become my go-to method | 变成了我安慰人时的万用妙招 |
[16:53] | of dealing with someone in emotional distress. | 安慰那些情绪失落的人 |
[16:55] | And it always worked. | 这个方法百试不爽 |
[16:57] | Except when my wife was in labor, | 除了我妻子生产那次 |
[17:00] | where it was suggested I throw it in my own face. | 某人建议我应该把它泼在自己脸上 |
[17:07] | – What you doing? – Paige is feeling sad, | -你在干什么 -佩奇很难过 |
[17:10] | so I’m making her a hot beverage. | 所以我在给她做热饮 |
[17:12] | Oh. You’re a good kid. | 你是个好孩子 |
[17:17] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[17:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:22] | Of all my accomplishments, | 在我取得的所有成就中 |
[17:23] | I don’t know why he single this moment out. | 我不知道他为什么偏偏选了这个 |
[17:26] | but I’m glad he did. | 但我很庆幸他这么做了 |
[17:29] | What’s up? | 你们好吗 |