时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | The Clean Air Act required all new cars | 《清洁空气法案》将要求所有新上路车辆 |
[00:04] | to be equipped with catalytic converters | 都需要装设催化转换器 |
[00:06] | to combat air pollution. | 来减少空气污染 |
[00:08] | The first state to do this was California, | 最先开始执行的是加州 |
[00:10] | 投票箱 | |
[00:11] | which led Texans to say things like… | 这令一些德州人说出了比如… |
[00:11] | 德州也将要求加装催化转换器 | |
[00:13] | – I hate California. – And… | -我恨加州 -还有… |
[00:16] | When will that place fall in the ocean? | 那个破地方什么时候沉海底去啊 |
[00:19] | While not everyone was happy about it, | 不是每个人都对此感到高兴 |
[00:21] | six years later, one particular Texan | 在政策推行六年后 某个德州人 |
[00:23] | saw an opportunity to get rich quick. | 看到了一个商机 |
[00:24] | “致富经” | |
[00:26] | Oh, man, I’m gonna get rich quick. | 天啊 我要快速致富啦 |
[00:29] | I just got my ticket out of here. | 我刚才得到离开这个家的门票了 |
[00:31] | Adios. | 慢走不送 |
[00:32] | I’m serious. This thing is full of tips | 我是说认真的 这上面满满致富秘籍 |
[00:33] | on how to make a fortune. Only cost me a dollar. | 教你如何发家致富 只花了我一块钱呢 |
[00:36] | Is one of the tips “Make a crappy newsletter | 上面有写一招是”自己编一份垃圾报纸 |
[00:38] | and charge idiots a dollar for it”? | 然后卖傻逼一块钱来发财”吗 |
[00:41] | No, but not a bad idea. | 没写 不过这招也很不赖 |
[00:43] | Listen to this: “Raise bees and sell the honey for profit.” | 你听听”养蜜蜂 再靠卖蜂蜜发财” |
[00:47] | Do it, and I’m living with Meemaw. | 你养 我就搬去跟姥姥住 |
[00:48] | “Sell blood or non-vital organs.” | “卖血或卖非重要器官” |
[00:51] | Mm, give ’em your brain. You’re not using it. | 把你的大脑卖掉啊 反正你也没在用 |
[00:56] | I think that’s the only time I’ve ever heard you laugh. | 这好像是我第一次听你笑 |
[00:58] | That’s the only time you’ve ever been funny. | 因为这是你第一次好笑 |
[01:00] | Oh, platinum can be extracted from ordinary roadside gravel. | 路边的砂砾里可以提取出铂金 |
[01:04] | No, it can’t. | 提不出好吗 |
[01:05] | Actually, it can. | 其实是可以的 |
[01:07] | Catalytic converters contain platinum. | 催化转换器里含有铂金 |
[01:09] | Microparticles of that platinum are expelled in the exhaust | 铂金微粒会随着废气一起被排出 |
[01:11] | and are mixed in with the gravel. | 然后与路边的砂砾混在一起 |
[01:13] | See? This thing’s a gold mine. | 看到没 这玩意可是金矿啊 |
[01:16] | It would be more apt to call it a platinum mine. | 把它叫铂金矿应该会更正确 |
[01:21] | I laughed at your joke. | 你刚才的笑话我有笑 |
[01:23] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:26] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:29] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:31] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:34] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:43] | – Strike! – Keep your eye on the ball. | -一好球 -眼睛看着球 |
[01:49] | Strike two. | 两好球 |
[01:50] | You got this! | 你能行 |
[01:55] | Strike three. | 三好球 |
[01:57] | – You’re out. – Hey, ump, you’re blind. | -三振出局 -裁判你瞎了啊 |
[01:59] | – She swung and missed. – Fine. | -她自己挥棒落空 -行吧 |
[02:01] | Hey ump, you’re bald. | 裁判 你个秃子 |
[02:03] | Better? | 好点了吗 |
[02:06] | Come on. You can do this, girl. | 来吧 姑娘 你可以的 |
[02:11] | Strike one. | 一好球 |
[02:13] | You can do it, sweetheart. | 你一定行 宝贝 |
[02:15] | Strike two. | 两好球 |
[02:18] | Strike three. | 三好球 |
[02:19] | I still think you can do it, sweetheart. | 我还是觉得你能行 宝贝 |
[02:21] | Strike one. | 一好球 |
[02:23] | Strike two. | 两好球 |
[02:26] | Strike three. You’re out. | 三好球 三振出局 |
[02:29] | Strike one. | 一好球 |
[02:31] | Strike two. | 两好球 |
[02:34] | Strike three. You’re out. | 三好球 三振出局 |
[02:39] | It’s okay, Cooper. You’ll get ’em next time. | 没事的 库珀 下次一定可以 |
[02:46] | Want to go to Dairy Queen? | 想去吃冰激凌吗 |
[02:48] | I don’t deserve Dairy Queen. | 我不配吃冰激凌 |
[02:50] | It’s not your fault, honey. | 不是你的错啊 小宝贝 |
[02:52] | That other pitcher was almost a grown man. | 对方投手都差不多是成年人了 |
[02:54] | I think I saw him at the bar last night. | 我昨晚好像有在酒吧看到他 |
[02:57] | Y-You’re just going through a little slump. | 你只是遇到了一点低潮期啦 |
[03:00] | Happens to everyone. | 每个人都会有这种时候 |
[03:01] | Well, how do I get out of it? | 那我怎么走出低潮期呢 |
[03:03] | When I’ve been at the craps table… | 当我在赌桌上… |
[03:05] | George, you give advice. | 乔治 你来给她建议 |
[03:07] | Oh, smart. Man’s been in a slump his whole life. | “好主意” 这货低潮了一辈子了 |
[03:10] | You just got to get out of your head. | 你得打败心魔 |
[03:11] | You… you’re thinking too much. | 你… 你就是有点想太多了 |
[03:14] | I promise thinking too much has never been my problem. | 我跟你保证 我从没有过想太多这问题 |
[03:16] | When I’m feeling down, do you know what I do? | 你知道当我意志低沉时 都怎么振作吗 |
[03:18] | Pray. | 祈祷 |
[03:20] | It works. | 真的有用 |
[03:21] | In fact, I’m gonna pray for you tonight. | 我今晚就要为你祷告 |
[03:24] | Everybody prays to God at night. | 大家都会在晚上跟神祈祷 |
[03:26] | Do it now while he’s got some free time. | 祂现在比较有空 趁现在祈祷吧 |
[03:32] | Hey what you doing? | 你在干嘛呢 |
[03:33] | Playing a historically accurate game called The Oregon Trail. | 玩一个符合史实的游戏叫《俄勒冈之旅》 |
[03:37] | That sounds boring. | 听起来很无聊啊 |
[03:38] | Hardly. My wagon broke an axle, and my wife died of dysentery. | 并不会 我的四轮马车断了一根车轴 我老婆死于痢疾 |
[03:42] | Well, can you pause it for a sec? | 那你能暂停一下吗 |
[03:44] | It does seems rude to push on to Oregon | 在我女儿梅布尔哀悼母亲去世时 |
[03:46] | while my daughter Mabel is mourning the loss of her mother. | 就赶着往俄勒冈前进好像是有点失礼 |
[03:51] | What can I do for you? | 请问有何需要我帮忙 |
[03:52] | Remember when we were talking about platinum in gravel? | 还记得我们之前在聊砂砾中的铂金吗 |
[03:55] | Do you know how to get it out? | 你知道怎么样提取出来吗 |
[03:56] | It’s not a complicated principle. | 这原理并不复杂啊 |
[03:58] | I could probably do it with my Professor Proton chemistry set. | 我应该可以用《质子教授》的化学设备组办到 |
[04:01] | – Great. – And an oven that reaches 2,000 degrees. | -那太好了 -还要一个可以加热到2000度的烤箱 |
[04:04] | Does our oven do that? | 我们家的烤箱能办到吗 |
[04:05] | No, but I read you can build one | 不能 不过我读到过 |
[04:07] | out of a garbage can and a leaf blower. | 一个垃圾桶加一台吹叶机就可以办到 |
[04:09] | Cool. Let’s mine some platinum. | 厉害 那我们去挖铂金矿吧 |
[04:11] | No, thank you. I don’t care about money. | 不了 谢谢 我不在乎钱这种身外之物 |
[04:19] | But you care about science, right? | 但你在乎科学不是吗 |
[04:21] | Of course. | 当然啦 |
[04:22] | So I offer you the chance to do an experiment | 所以向你提出一个做实验的机会 |
[04:25] | and you’d rather play a video game? | 而你宁愿在家打游戏吗 |
[04:30] | What would Professor Proton think? | 你觉得《质子教授》会怎么想你 |
[04:33] | 《质子教授》多功能科学工具组 | |
[04:36] | He’d be disappointed. | 他会很失望 |
[04:38] | So what do you say? | 所以你说怎么样 |
[04:39] | I say we collect gravel. | 我说 我们去收集砂砾吧 |
[04:41] | There you go. | 这就对啦 |
[04:45] | In case you’re worried, | 为防你心里会担心 |
[04:46] | Mabel and I did finally make it to Oregon, | 梅布尔与我最终有成功到达俄勒冈 |
[04:49] | where I remarried and lived to the ripe old age of 41. | 我在那里续弦并活到高龄41岁 |
[04:57] | All right, Cooper, remember what I told you, okay? | 好啦 库珀 别忘了我教你的 |
[04:59] | Knees bent, elbows out, | 膝盖弯曲 手肘朝外 |
[05:02] | eye on the ball. | 眼睛看着球 |
[05:03] | Hang on. | 稍等 |
[05:06] | Hi, God. It’s Missy Cooper. | 神啊 我是米希·库珀 |
[05:08] | I know my mom talked to you about me the other day, | 我知道我妈前几天有跟你提到我 |
[05:10] | and she’s, like, your biggest fan. | 她算是你的头号铁粉了 |
[05:13] | Hey, what’s going on? | 现在是怎么样了 |
[05:14] | What, did you fall asleep? | 你是睡着了吗 |
[05:16] | Sorry, I was praying. | 对不起 我刚才在祷告 |
[05:17] | Oh, my apologies. | 抱歉 我失礼了 |
[05:22] | Anyway, I could really use your help getting a hit. | 总之 我很需要你帮忙我击球成功 |
[05:25] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[05:27] | – Okay. – Are we good? | -好了 -我们可以了吗 |
[05:29] | I don’t know. We’ll find out. | 不知道啊 试试就知道了 |
[05:31] | Okay, remember, | 好 别忘了 |
[05:32] | elbows up, | 手肘抬起 |
[05:34] | knees bent. | 膝盖微曲 |
[05:36] | I’m coming at you, Cooper. | 我要投啦 库珀 |
[05:43] | Way to go. Perfect. | 太棒啦 完美的一球 |
[05:46] | Thank you, God. | 谢谢你 神 |
[05:47] | How about, “Thank you, Coach”? | 说一句”谢谢你 教练”如何 |
[05:49] | – Thank you, Coach. – Too late. | -谢谢你 教练 -太迟了 |
[05:53] | This should be a good spot. | 这个点应该很不错 |
[05:54] | It’s a high-traffic area, which means plenty of exhaust, | 这里车流量大 代表会有很多废气排放 |
[05:57] | and therefore plenty of platinum. | 也就表示会有很多铂金 |
[05:59] | Great. Let’s get shoveling. | 很好 开挖吧 |
[06:10] | You ain’t gonna help? | 你不帮忙挖吗 |
[06:12] | No. | 不要 |
[06:15] | How was practice? | 今天练球如何 |
[06:16] | Great. I hit the ball further than anyone. | 很棒 我打出了比谁都远的一球 |
[06:19] | Sounds like a little prayer helped after all. | 看来祈祷好像帮上忙啦 |
[06:22] | – I guess it did. – You seem surprised. | -好像是真的有效 -感觉你很惊讶啊 |
[06:25] | Well, God knows everything, | 神祂全知全能 |
[06:27] | and I have some pretty evil thoughts. | 而我脑子里有一些蛮邪恶的想法 |
[06:29] | Oh, Missy. | 米希 |
[06:30] | Ooh, what if I start wearing a cross | 要是我开始戴十字架呢 |
[06:32] | so God knows I mean business? | 这样神就知道我是认真的了 |
[06:33] | You could also clean up your thinking. | 你也可以净化一下自己的思想 |
[06:36] | Nah. | 不要 |
[06:45] | What’s taking so long? | 怎么这么久啊 |
[06:47] | It’d be faster if you helped. | 你要是来帮忙就不用那么久了 |
[06:50] | Well, we know that’s not happening. | 我们都知道这是不可能的 |
[06:52] | I know you got your hands full with all that sad stuff, | 我知道你手头上要处理的事情很多 |
[06:55] | like disease and war and hunger and poverty, | 比如疾病 战争 饥荒与贫穷 |
[06:59] | so thanks again for helping me get some hits at practice. | 所以真的很感谢你帮忙我练习时打中球 |
[07:01] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[07:03] | Don’t forget to ask him to keep our family safe and healthy. | 别忘了请求祂保佑我们一家平安健康 |
[07:06] | I just hung up. Don’t make me call him back. | 我刚跟祂挂电话 别让我再打过去了 |
[07:13] | Should I be wearing all that? | 我该穿戴你那一套吗 |
[07:15] | I recommend it. Those rocks are filthy. | 我建议啊 那些石子可脏了 |
[07:17] | I’m good. | 我没事 |
[07:18] | God made dirt. Dirt don’t hurt. | 神制造出泥土 泥土不会伤人 |
[07:20] | Where do we start? | 我们怎么开始 |
[07:21] | The first step is to put the gravel in these colanders, | 第一步是把砂砾放进滤锅里 |
[07:23] | and then sift it over the tray to collect the dust. | 然后再抖进盘里收集灰 |
[07:31] | It’s like finding money in the street. | 就像从大街上捡钱一样 |
[07:33] | Why do you care so much about money? | 你为什么这么在乎钱啊 |
[07:35] | You saw Back to the Future when their dad’s rich at the end, | 你有看到电影《回到未来》结尾时 爸爸有了钱 |
[07:38] | his wife is all skinny and loves him way more. | 老婆纤细苗条 变得更爱他吗 |
[07:40] | So you want a wife who loves you because you have money? | 所以你希望你老婆因为你有钱才爱你吗 |
[07:44] | A skinny wife. | 还得是瘦子 |
[07:47] | I have something for you. | 我有个东西给你 |
[07:49] | You said you wanted a cross, | 你说你想要个十字架 |
[07:51] | and this is the one I used to wear when I was your age. | 这个是我在你这年纪时所戴的 |
[07:55] | It’s so pretty. | 好漂亮啊 |
[07:56] | I’m glad you like it. | 你喜欢就好 |
[07:59] | It’s a nice reminder that wherever you are, | 这是个能很好提醒你 |
[08:03] | God is always with you. | 上帝永远与你同在的东西 |
[08:06] | And it means a lot to me that you want to wear it. | 而你想戴它对我来说也意义非凡 |
[08:09] | Thanks, Mom. I’m gonna pray right now. | 谢谢你 妈 我现在要祈祷一下 |
[08:14] | God, it’s Missy again. | 神啊 我米希又来了 |
[08:15] | If you can hear me better, it’s ’cause I’m wearing a cross now. | 如果你听我说话变清楚 是因为我戴了十字架 |
[08:18] | Please let me get a lot of hits on Saturday. | 请你保佑我周六打中很多球 |
[08:20] | And if their star pitcher breaks his arm or gets run over by a truck, | 如果他们的王牌投手弄伤了手臂或是被卡车撞 |
[08:24] | I’d totally be okay with that. | 我也乐意接受 |
[08:26] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[08:28] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[08:30] | Now we have to sift the powder again | 现在我们得再过一次筛 |
[08:31] | because the platinum particles are extremely small, | 因为铂金的微粒非常非常小 |
[08:34] | sometimes no more than just a few atoms. | 有时都不超过几个原子 |
[08:36] | If I was as smart as you, I’d play the stock market. | 如果我有你那么聪明 我就去玩股票 |
[08:39] | Or go on Price Is Right. | 或者上猜价节目了 |
[08:41] | I’d rather spend my time focusing on important things, | 我比较想把时间用在重要的事物上 |
[08:44] | like figuring out how the universe works. | 比如解出宇宙是怎么运作的 |
[08:47] | So, say you figure out how the universe works. Then what? | 所以如果哪天你解出来了 之后呢 |
[08:51] | I’m not sure, but in the meantime, | 不确定 但与此同时 |
[08:53] | I agree with Richard Feynman. | 我同意理查德·费曼说的话 |
[08:55] | I simply enjoy the pleasure of finding things out. | 我单纯很享受解出事物逻辑的过程 |
[08:58] | I agree with the Beastie Boys. | 我同意嘻哈团体野兽男孩说的 |
[08:59] | You got to fight for your right to party. | 你得自己争取你派对的权利 |
[09:02] | Well, it’s good to have a personal philosophy. | 拥有个人人生观还是挺好的 |
[09:05] | – What’s next? – We create a chemical flux | -下一步呢 -我们调出化学药剂 |
[09:07] | by combining borax, sodium carbonate, | 将硼砂 碳酸钠 |
[09:09] | lead oxide and flour. | 氧化铅与面粉混合 |
[09:12] | Did you know Sheldon and Georgie | 你知道谢尔顿和小乔治 |
[09:13] | are working on something together? | 一起进行一个项目吗 |
[09:14] | That’s nice. And guess what– | 那可真好啊 说起来 |
[09:16] | Missy asked me if she could wear a cross. | 米希问我她能不能戴十字架 |
[09:19] | She’s in her bedroom saying prayers right now. | 她现在就在卧室里祈祷呢 |
[09:22] | Hmm. I don’t like it. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[09:24] | What are you talking about? Our kids are behaving. | 你在说什么傻话 我们孩子乖乖听话呢 |
[09:26] | Exactly. Something bad’s gonna happen. | 就是这样才有问题 有坏事要发生了 |
[09:29] | Why can’t you just be thankful? | 你为什么不能感恩就好 |
[09:31] | Because that’s when life kicks you right in the plums, Mary. | 因为一感恩 就会被生活踢爆蛋蛋 玛丽 |
[09:34] | Dad, where’s your power drill? | 老爸 你的机械钻在哪 |
[09:36] | – Why? – Our oven doesn’t reach 2,000 degrees, | -干嘛 -我们家的烤箱达不到2000度 |
[09:39] | so we’re going to make a homemade kiln out of a garbage can. | 所以我们要用垃圾桶自制一个窑 |
[09:42] | And there go the plums. | 瞧 蛋爆人亡了 |
[09:43] | Are you two trying to burn down the house? | 你们俩是想把房子烧掉吗 |
[09:46] | No, we’re trying to make platinum out of gravel. | 不是 我们是想用砂砾制造铂金 |
[09:48] | You’re not building a 2,000-degree oven. | 你不准造2000度的烤箱 |
[09:50] | Fine. Just so you know, I was gonna cut you in. | 好吧 但告诉你一声 我本来打算给你分成的 |
[09:55] | Really? You’ll fight for your right to party | 你认真的 你愿意为了参加派对奋力争取 |
[09:57] | but not for your right to make a device | 却不愿意为制造一个 |
[09:58] | that’ll exceed the melting point of lead? | 能超越铅熔点的设备据理力争吗 |
[10:00] | Shut up. | 闭嘴吧 |
[10:01] | Ooh, “Why can’t you be thankful?” | “你为什么不能感恩就好” |
[10:08] | What’s your problem? | 你在气什么 |
[10:09] | Mom and Dad won’t let me build a kiln, | 爸妈不准我建造窑 |
[10:11] | so Georgie and I can’t finish our experiment. | 所以我和小乔治无法完成我们的试验了 |
[10:13] | Before you tell me, I don’t care what a kiln is. | 不用解释 我不在乎窑是个什么鬼 |
[10:16] | Okay, but you’ll never know it’s a high-temperature oven. | 行吧 但你就永远都不会知道窑是高温烤箱 |
[10:19] | If you’re unhappy, just ask God for help. | 如果你不爽 就向上帝求助吧 |
[10:21] | I don’t believe in God. | 我不相信有上帝 |
[10:23] | He can hear you. | 祂能听见的 |
[10:25] | He knows if you’ve been bad or good. | 祂知道你有没有乖 |
[10:27] | Like Santa, but he can send you to hell. | 和圣诞老人一样 只不过祂能罚你下地狱 |
[10:29] | I’m not going to ask some magical being to solve my problems. | 我不会靠求神拜佛来解决我的问题 |
[10:32] | I asked him to help me with my batting, and he did. | 我请祂帮我解决击球的问题 祂就帮了 |
[10:38] | There’s a pottery kiln in art class. We can use that. | 美术教室有一个陶瓷窑 我们可以用它 |
[10:42] | Georgie, I figured it out! | 小乔治 我想到办法了 |
[10:45] | Good job, but that does not count as one of my wishes. | 干得好 但那不能算进我的愿望哦 |
[10:53] | Why are we being sneaky? | 我们为什么要偷偷摸摸 |
[10:55] | I thought you said we have permission. | 你不是说我们拿到使用许可了 |
[10:56] | We do. I just don’t want anybody knowing about our platinum. | 是没错 但我不想让人知道铂金的事 |
[11:00] | Smart. Last week, I bragged about having a Nutter Butter, | 明智 上周 我吹嘘我有花生夹心饼 |
[11:03] | and some rat stole it right out of my lunch bag. | 结果不知哪个小人就从我午餐袋里偷走了 |
[11:05] | Well, it sure wasn’t me. | 反正不是我干的 |
[11:08] | And then I hit it over the right fielder’s head. | 然后我就击中了 球从右外野手头顶飞过去 |
[11:10] | Sounds like you had a good practice. | 听起来你练得很顺利 |
[11:12] | I did. Coach said he’s gonna have me hit cleanup. | 是的 教练说他会把我安排在主棒 |
[11:14] | Missy, | 米希 |
[11:15] | will you rub your cross on my bat? | 你能用你的十字架摩擦一下我的球棒吗 |
[11:17] | No. | 不行 |
[11:18] | Have you been doing that? | 你有这么做吗 |
[11:19] | On mine. It’s working great. | 只摩擦我自己的啦 效果奇佳 |
[11:21] | Please? | 拜托啦 |
[11:23] | I’ll give you a dollar. | 我可以给你一块钱哦 |
[11:25] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[11:26] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你这是在干什么 |
[11:27] | Sharing God’s love and making some cash. | 分享上帝的爱 顺便赚点小钱 |
[11:30] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不可以 |
[11:31] | How about I give you the dollar? | 那我把这一块钱给你 行吗 |
[11:33] | God’s love has nothing to do with money. | 上帝的爱与金钱无关 |
[11:36] | What about the collection plate at church? | 那教堂里的奉献盘怎么说 |
[11:37] | That is different. | 那是两码事 |
[11:39] | That’s where I found this dollar. | 我就是在奉献盘里找到这一块钱的 |
[11:41] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:43] | Bye. | 再见 |
[11:44] | So now we just wait for the concrete dust | 我们现在就等混凝土粉末分解 |
[11:46] | to dissolve and the lead to melt? | 以及等铅熔化啦 |
[11:48] | That’s exactly right. | 非常正确 |
[11:50] | I know. I listen. | 我知道 我有认真听 |
[11:51] | – And you understand it? – I work in sales. | -你都能听明白吗 -我是干销售的 |
[11:54] | I don’t need to know what I’m talking about | 我不用理解我说的内容 |
[11:55] | to make it sound good. | 都能够说个天花乱坠 |
[11:56] | Don’t you think it would make you better at your job | 你真的了解你所卖的产品 |
[11:58] | if you understood the products you were selling? | 难道不会让你工作做得更好吗 |
[12:00] | – No. People don’t want to hear facts. – I do. | -不会 人们并不想听到事实 -我就想啊 |
[12:03] | Normal people don’t want to hear facts. | 是正常人不想听到事实 |
[12:05] | I’m normal. | 我就是正常人啊 |
[12:07] | Are you? | 你是吗 |
[12:08] | No, I’m special. | 好吧不是 人家是人中龙凤啦 |
[12:11] | – Is it supposed to be doing that? – Something’s wrong. | -这样大冒烟是正常的吗 -有点不对劲 |
[12:13] | Maybe we didn’t sift out all the rubber. | 可能我们没筛干净橡胶 |
[12:15] | I think it’s burning. | 好像烧起来了 |
[12:16] | Okay. Okay, calm down. I’ll handle it. | 好 冷静 我会处理好的 |
[12:19] | I’m having difficulty remaining calm. | 我很难保持冷静 |
[12:24] | Come on, come on, come on, come on. | 快点 快点 快点 |
[12:29] | I’m feeling more calm now. | 现在我冷静多了 |
[12:33] | – What were you thinking? – Well… | -你们这猪脑子怎么想的 -这个嘛… |
[12:36] | I don’t want to hear excuses. | 我不想听到一堆借口 |
[12:38] | You could’ve burned the school down. | 你们差点把学校烧没了 |
[12:40] | What do you have to say for yourselves? | 你们给我好好解释一下 |
[12:41] | I thought you didn’t want to hear my excuses. | 你不是不想听我们的借口吗 |
[12:44] | Oh, no, we didn’t break into the classroom. | 不 我们不是擅自闯入教室的 |
[12:46] | Georgie had permission from the teacher. | 小乔治从老师那里申请到使用许可了 |
[12:48] | That is not important right now. | 现在不用提这种无关紧要的小事 |
[12:50] | So you think a teacher said it was okay | 所以你认为老师会允许 |
[12:51] | for a ten-year-old and an idiot | 一个十岁小屁孩和一个学渣 |
[12:53] | to use a 2,000-degree oven unsupervised? | 在无人监督下使用一个2000度的烤箱吗 |
[12:58] | You fibber. | 你这撒谎精 |
[13:01] | You also stole my Nutter Butter. | 我的花生夹心饼也是你偷的 |
[13:08] | Are you mad at me? | 你生我气了吗 |
[13:11] | – No. – You sure? | -没有 -真的吗 |
[13:12] | ‘Cause that’s how you look when Dad had that breakfast beer. | 上次爸爸吃早餐时偷喝啤酒 你也是这幅表情 |
[13:18] | To be honest, I’m a little concerned that I have given you | 老实说 我有点担心 |
[13:22] | the wrong impression about how prayer works. | 我让你误解了祈祷是怎么回事 |
[13:24] | I get it. I ask God for stuff, he gives it to me. | 我知道怎么回事 我问上帝要什么 祂就给我 |
[13:27] | It’s not rocket science. | 这没多复杂 |
[13:28] | Missy, God does not grant wishes. | 米希 上帝不会实现人们的愿望 |
[13:32] | So he gave me good luck? | 那祂是给我好运吗 |
[13:34] | It’s not luck. | 不是好运 |
[13:36] | Luck is chance, and God has a plan. | 好运是机遇 上帝自有安排 |
[13:39] | Right, and his plan is to give me what I want when I pray. | 没错 他的安排就是我祈祷要什么 祂就给我 |
[13:43] | That’s why he’s so cool. | 所以祂超酷的 |
[13:44] | No. I… I mean, he is cool, | 不是 祂当然很酷 |
[13:47] | but sometimes that might not be his plan. | 但有时那或许不是他的安排 |
[13:50] | Then what’s the point of praying | 如果祂只会随心所欲 |
[13:51] | if he’s just gonna do what he wants? | 那祈祷还有什么意义 |
[13:53] | You don’t pray to God to get things. | 你向上帝祈祷不是为了得到东西 |
[13:55] | You pray to build a relationship with him. | 而是为了和祂建立关系 |
[14:00] | This is too complicated. I’m just gonna keep | 你说的这些太复杂了 我还是继续 |
[14:02] | rubbing this thing on my bat and kicking butt. | 用这玩意摩擦我的球棒 碾压其他人就好 |
[14:04] | Okay, that is it. Take it off. | 好了 到此为止 把十字架摘掉 |
[14:07] | No, I need it. The game’s Saturday. | 不行 我需要它 周六就要比赛了 |
[14:09] | There are more important things than baseball. | 有很多东西比棒球重要得多 |
[14:12] | Now, hand it over. | 快给我 |
[14:13] | God, cover your ears. | 上帝 盖住耳朵别听 |
[14:15] | Damn it. | 我靠 |
[14:16] | Missy Cooper! | 米希·库珀 |
[14:18] | You are not ready for that. You give that back. | 你还没准备好 把十字架还给我 |
[14:21] | Oh, you… Get! | 你这臭丫头 滚啦 |
[14:27] | Lord, I really need you right now. | 主啊 我此刻十分需要你 |
[14:31] | I have tried so hard to lead my family to your light, | 我一直很努力把家人引向你的光明 |
[14:35] | but so far, Sheldon doesn’t believe in you, | 但目前为止 谢尔顿不相信你的存在 |
[14:38] | Missy thinks you’re a magic trick, | 米希以为你会魔法 |
[14:41] | and you’re not a teenage girl, | 而且你不是豆蔻少女 |
[14:42] | so Georgie doesn’t think about you at all. | 所以小乔治连想都不会想到你 |
[14:46] | I never thought I’d take a cross away from my own child, | 我没想过有一天我会从我孩子手中夺走十字架 |
[14:49] | but what choice did I have? | 但我别无选择 |
[14:51] | She was rubbing it on sporting equipment. | 她居然用十字架摩擦运动器材 祈求好运 |
[14:54] | I didn’t think there was a wrong way to pray, | 我以前以为祈祷不限方式 |
[14:56] | but leave it to that girl to find one. | 但那姑娘以后会发现她错了 |
[14:59] | Please give me the strength to keep guiding my family to you. | 请赐予我力量 继续把我家人引向你 |
[15:04] | I can’t do it on my own. Amen. | 我一个人做不到 阿门 |
[15:09] | So, how was everybody’s day? | 大家今天过得怎么样啊 |
[15:15] | That good, huh? | “好”到无语吗 |
[15:18] | How about we just say grace? | 我们来做饭前祷告吧 |
[15:20] | You’re gonna ask him to bless the food? Interesting. | 你要请求祂赐予食物吗 呵呵 |
[15:22] | That is enough. | 你够了 |
[15:24] | Oh, come on. | 别这样嘛 |
[15:25] | How can I appreciate all this tension | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[15:27] | if I don’t know what it’s about? | 就没法笑看你们之间的八卦啦 |
[15:29] | Mom took my cross away, and I have a game on Saturday. | 妈妈拿走了我的十字架 可我周六有比赛 |
[15:31] | Why would you do that? She’s out of the slump. | 你为什么要那么做 她终于走出低潮期了 |
[15:34] | She was being sacrilegious. | 她亵渎上帝了 |
[15:36] | Mary, this is sports. | 玛丽 这可是体育运动 |
[15:37] | When something’s working, you do not mess with it. | 如果有些做法能带来好运 你绝不能打断 |
[15:39] | I am not changing my mind. God is not a good-luck charm. | 我不会改变我的决定 上帝不是幸运符 |
[15:43] | Well, how about all the players that kiss their crosses | 很多球员走入击球位置前都会亲十字架 |
[15:45] | before they go in the batter’s box? | 那又怎么说呢 |
[15:47] | They can take it up with their mommies. | 他们可以找自己的妈妈说理去 |
[15:50] | So she’s finally hitting good, | 她好不容易能击中球 |
[15:51] | and you’re gonna let her go to that game all up in her head? | 你现在却让她心里没底地去比赛吗 |
[15:53] | Her relationship with God is more important | 她和上帝的关系远比 |
[15:55] | than getting some hits in a baseball game. | 她在棒球比赛中击中球重要 |
[15:58] | This is perfect. They’re mad at each other. | 太好了 他们吵成一锅 |
[15:59] | Takes the heat off us. | 就没空骂我们了 |
[16:00] | Thank you. I had no idea what was going on. | 谢谢解释 我本来不知道这是在闹哪一出 |
[16:04] | Mary, give her the cross back. | 玛丽 把十字架还给她 |
[16:05] | When she is ready for it, I will. | 等她准备好了 我自然会还给她 |
[16:09] | I have a bunch of crosses in my jewelry box. | 我首饰盒里有几个十字架 |
[16:11] | You can take any one you want. | 你想拿哪个都行 |
[16:13] | I don’t want another cross. I want my lucky cross. | 我不想要其他十字架 我就要我那个幸运十字架 |
[16:17] | And that is exactly why she is not ready. | 这正是她没准备好的原因 |
[16:19] | Let’s say grace. | 我们祷告吧 |
[16:24] | Bless us, Lord, for the food we are about to receive, | 主 感谢你赐予我们今晚的食物 |
[16:26] | and bless the hands that prepared it. Amen. | 请你保佑烹饪食物的人 阿门 |
[16:29] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[16:35] | I’m glad we’re no longer in trouble | 我很庆幸你们不再气 |
[16:36] | for almost burning the school down. | 我们差点把学校烧掉那件事 |
[16:40] | Let’s talk about that. | 赶紧说说这又是什么八卦 |
[16:48] | Georgie. | 小乔治 |
[16:49] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[16:52] | Are you still interested in getting rich quick? | 你还有兴趣赚快钱吗 |
[16:55] | No, I want to do it slow like a chump. | 没有 我想像大白痴一样慢慢攒 |
[16:57] | Oh. Never mind. | 那就算了 |
[16:59] | Tell me, Sheldon. | 说吧 谢尔顿 |
[17:01] | It occurred to me that a good way | 我想到一个 |
[17:02] | to generate a positive cash flow would be | 产生正向现金流的好办法 |
[17:04] | to curate popular songs and make them available in a digital form. | 那就是储存流行歌曲 并把歌曲制成数字形式 |
[17:07] | Possibly on a small device that could also be used | 或许放进也能用作电话 |
[17:09] | as a phone or even a camera. | 或甚至相机的小型设备 |
[17:11] | Right. A phone, camera, music machine. | 兼具电话相机音乐功能的神奇机器耶 |
[17:15] | Get out of here. | 滚吧你 |
[17:20] | Psst. Hey, Missy. Come here. | 喂 米希 过来 |
[17:23] | What? I’m up next. | 干嘛 下一棒就轮到我 |
[17:25] | You know. Here. | 给你这个 |
[17:31] | Don’t tell your mother. | 别告诉你妈 |
[17:34] | I think I wanna do this on my own. | 我想我还是靠自己吧 |
[17:36] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[17:37] | Just in case mom’s right. | 万一妈妈说得对 |
[17:39] | I don’t wanna make God mad. | 我可不想惹上帝生气 |
[17:40] | Strike three. You’re up. | 三好球 该你上场 |
[17:43] | All right. Go get them. | 好吧 碾压他们 |
[17:56] | Strike one. | 一好球 |
[17:57] | – Dad! – Coming! | -爸爸 -来了 |