时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – Hi, June. – Connie, Dale, this is Justin. | -你好 琼 -康妮 戴尔 这是贾斯汀 |
[00:05] | You must be a friend of my son’s. | 你一定是我儿子的朋友 |
[00:06] | Actually, he’s my date. | 事实上 他是我的约会对象 |
[00:08] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[00:09] | She brought him here on purpose. | 她带他来是别有用心 |
[00:12] | What purpose? | 别有什么心 |
[00:13] | To upset me. | 为了刺激我 |
[00:14] | Can you believe that Dale thinks | 你能相信吗 戴尔认为 |
[00:15] | the only reason you brought him here is just to piss him off? | 你带他来婚礼的唯一原因是为了激怒他 |
[00:18] | That’s exactly why I brought him. | 这正是我带他来的目的 |
[00:20] | Why would you go out of your way | 你为什么要特地 |
[00:22] | to upset Dale at your own son’s wedding? | 在你儿子婚礼上惹怒戴尔 |
[00:24] | He’s my ex-husband. | 他是我前夫嘛 |
[00:25] | Well, he’s my boyfriend. | 但他是我男友 |
[00:27] | Hey, that’s your problem. | 那是你的问题 |
[00:28] | Well, you’re starting to be my problem. | 那你现在成为我的眼中钉了 |
[00:30] | Dr. Linkletter, what can I do for you? | 林克莱特博士 请问有什么事吗 |
[00:31] | I just want to let you know, with Dr. Sturgis away, | 我只是想告诉你虽然斯特吉斯博士不在了 |
[00:34] | I’ll be available should Sheldon need anything. | 但是以后我也会帮忙照看谢尔顿 |
[00:37] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[00:38] | His well-being is important to me. | 他好不好对我十分重要 |
[00:40] | As was made abundantly clear by my boss. | 这可是我的老板亲自下达的命令 |
[00:47] | After a few short weeks as a full-time college student, | 在当了几周全日制大学生后 |
[00:50] | I’m proud to say the transition had gone quite nicely. | 我能很骄傲表示我完美转变成了大学生 |
[00:53] | My classes were going well, I knew my way around campus | 课都上得很好 对校园环境也都很熟悉了 |
[00:57] | and I had an active and vibrant social life. | 而社交生活还十分丰富 |
[01:00] | – There you are. – Why are you here? | -你来啦 -你为什么在这里 |
[01:02] | Lunch. Don’t worry, I didn’t start without you. | 吃午餐啊 放心 我没不等你就开动 |
[01:05] | How did you get in? | 你怎么进来的 |
[01:06] | Janitor Jim. | 靠清洁工吉姆 |
[01:07] | And why would Janitor Jim do that? | 为什么清洁工吉姆会让你进来 |
[01:09] | You’re not my only friend around here. | 你可不是我在学校里唯一的朋友 |
[01:13] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:16] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:18] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:21] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:24] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:35] | I’ll trade you my apple slices for your pudding cup. | 我愿意用切片苹果跟你换你的布丁 |
[01:37] | – No. – Aren’t you a little old for a pudding cup? | -不要 -你这年纪不适合吃布丁了吧 |
[01:40] | Sheldon, surely there’s somebody else you could have lunch with. | 谢尔顿 我敢确定你有更好的共进午餐人选 |
[01:43] | There is, but the lunch rush is a busy time for janitors. | 有啊 不过清洁工们在午餐尖峰时期都很忙 |
[01:47] | Perhaps you could work on widening your social circles here. | 或许你可以努力扩大一下自己的社交圈 |
[01:50] | I’m already at two. | 已经有足足两个人了啊 |
[01:51] | That’s double where I was at high school. | 比我高中时多了一倍呢 |
[01:55] | Hey. | 我回来了 |
[01:56] | Hey. How was school? | 你回来啦 今天学校如何 |
[01:57] | – Fine. Work? – Fine. | -还行 你工作呢 -也还行 |
[02:00] | And Mom says we never talk. | 咱俩多好啊 妈还说我们都不聊天 |
[02:02] | What is that on your belt there? | 你皮带上那是什么 |
[02:04] | It’s my new beeper. | 是我新的BB机 |
[02:06] | Why in the world would you need a beeper? | 你为什么会需要BB机啊 |
[02:07] | So people can get in touch with me. | 方便别人联系我啊 |
[02:09] | Trust me, when you’re not around, no one’s thinking, | 相信我 你不在的时候没人会想着 |
[02:11] | “I must speak with Georgie this minute.” | “哎呀 我必须立刻跟小乔治联络’ |
[02:13] | Hey, lots of people have these. | 干嘛啦 很多人都有这个好吗 |
[02:15] | Yeah, doctors and drug dealers, | 是啊 医生跟毒品贩子 |
[02:17] | and you’re not smart enough to be either. | 而你的智商局限了你进入这两行当 |
[02:20] | Excuse me, I’m being beeped. | 不好意思 有人呼我 |
[02:30] | Hey, I was paged from this number. | 你好 有人从这个号码呼我 |
[02:34] | No, I’m not Bruce. Sorry. | 不 我不是布鲁斯 抱歉 |
[02:38] | Mm, sounds like you got a real emergency there, Bruce. | 听起来是真的有急事啊 布鲁斯 |
[02:42] | Hey, Connie, it’s June. | 你好 康妮 我是琼 |
[02:44] | You know, I don’t feel good about what happened the other night, | 其实那天晚上的事情我觉得挺抱歉的 |
[02:47] | and I just want to say I’m sorry. | 我就是想打来跟你道个歉 |
[02:48] | Could you give me a call back? | 你接到了能给我回个电话吗 |
[02:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:51] | Bye. | 再见 |
[02:53] | That’s nice. | 还挺好啊 |
[02:54] | I don’t know why you get an apology. | 我都不知道为什么是跟你道歉 |
[02:56] | I’m the one she was trying to piss off. | 她故意气的人明明就是我 |
[02:58] | Looks like she’s still doing it. | 看来她还没停止气你 |
[03:00] | All the years we were married, I never once got an apology. | 跟她结婚那么多年 她从没跟我道过一次歉 |
[03:03] | Well, you’re not exactly the apologizing kind yourself, | 你自己也不是个会跟人认错的人啊 |
[03:06] | you know. | 你知道的吧 |
[03:07] | Well, that’s not true. | 才没有好吗 |
[03:09] | For years after we broke up, I was telling people | 我跟她散伙这么多年来 我一直都跟别人说 |
[03:12] | I was sorry I married her. | 娶她这事我真是犯了弥天大错 |
[03:19] | Thanks, Jim. | 吉姆 谢谢你 |
[03:33] | Where could he be? | 他去哪了怎么还没来 |
[03:38] | Dr. Linkletter? | 林克莱特博士吗 |
[03:40] | No. | 不是 |
[03:41] | Sorry. You and he have the same loafers. | 抱歉 你跟他穿了同款乐福鞋 |
[03:43] | Carry on. | 您继续 |
[03:47] | The Moho lies between the mantle and the crust, and… | 莫荷界面就夹在地幔与地壳之间… |
[03:51] | Excuse me, I’m looking for Dr. Linkletter. | 打扰一下 我想找林克莱特博士 |
[03:54] | He’s not here. | 他不在这里 |
[03:55] | Sorry for wasting your time. | 抱歉浪费了你们宝贵的时间 |
[03:57] | Oh, this is geology. | 原来是地质学课啊 |
[03:58] | You’re already wasting your time. | 你们本来就在浪费时间了 |
[04:08] | What? | 干嘛 |
[04:09] | I’ve been looking for you. | 我到处找你呢 |
[04:11] | I was just trying to have a little privacy. | 我只是想要有一点私人空间 |
[04:13] | Smart. No one will bother us out here. | 真聪明 肯定不会有别人来这里打扰我们 |
[04:18] | What is that? Ham? | 在吃什么呢 火腿吗 |
[04:34] | Hello. You paged me? | 你好 你呼我了吗 |
[04:36] | Bruce? | 布鲁斯吗 |
[04:37] | Sorry, you have the wrong number. | 抱歉 你搞错号码了 |
[04:39] | Oh. I was trying to reach my grandson. | 我本来是想联系我孙子 |
[04:43] | Well, when you do, can you have him tell people | 如果你之后联系到他 可以请他告诉大家 |
[04:44] | this ain’t his pager no more? | 他已经换了号码了吗 |
[04:46] | I was hoping he could give me a ride to the drugstore. | 我本来还希望他能帮忙载我去药局呢 |
[04:50] | I need to pick up my prescription. | 我需要去取药 |
[04:52] | All right, well, good luck. | 好吧 那祝你好运 |
[04:53] | I took my last heart pill this morning. | 我今早刚吃了最后一颗心脏药 |
[04:57] | Sorry to hear that. | 那真是太遗憾了 |
[04:58] | I suppose I could walk, if I take it slow. | 如果我自己慢慢走 应该也是能走到啦 |
[05:03] | You are just the little lifesaver. | 你真是我的救命恩人 |
[05:06] | No problem, ma’am. | 没事的 太太 |
[05:07] | You know, we are gonna drive right by that farmers market. | 你知道前面会经过那个农贸市场吗 |
[05:11] | You ever had their peaches? | 有没有吃过它们的桃子 |
[05:13] | Don’t think so. | 应该没有 |
[05:15] | Well, then we have to stop. | 那我们一定得在那里停一下 |
[05:17] | I’m gonna buy you a peach. | 我要给你买桃子吃 |
[05:19] | You really don’t have to. | 真的不用啦 |
[05:20] | I insist. | 我一定要 |
[05:22] | And then we’ll swing by Braum’s so I can pick up some whipped cream. | 然后我们再去一趟布家冰激凌店买一点奶油 |
[05:26] | That goes great with peaches. | 配上桃子可好吃了 |
[05:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:31] | Thank you for letting us know. | 谢谢你告诉我们 |
[05:34] | Uh, I will speak to him. | 好 我会再跟他谈 |
[05:35] | Sorry for the trouble. | 抱歉给您造成麻烦了 |
[05:38] | Bye. | 再见 |
[05:41] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[05:42] | That was Dr. Linkletter. | 是林克莱特博士打来 |
[05:43] | He says that Sheldon is spending too much time with him. | 他说谢尔顿花太多时间跟他待着了 |
[05:47] | Better him than us, right? | 缠着他好过缠着我们啊 |
[05:50] | He’s suggesting that Sheldon try and find some friends on campus. | 他建议让谢尔顿试着在学校里交些朋友 |
[05:54] | Makes sense. | 很有道理 |
[05:55] | I’m just worried that he’s gonna be hanging out with people | 我很担心他会认识那些 |
[05:58] | who are drinking and going to parties. | 喝酒跑派对的孩子 |
[06:01] | Like he’s gonna make friends with the cool kids. | 说得像他能跟这种酷孩子交上朋友 |
[06:06] | You still dating that young guy? | 你还在跟那个年轻人交往吗 |
[06:09] | Justin? | 贾斯汀吗 |
[06:10] | Oh, yeah. It wasn’t just to bug Dale. | 当然 跟他交往不光是为了恶心戴尔 |
[06:12] | He’s hot. | 他很帅好吗 |
[06:14] | And he doesn’t eat dinner at 5:00. | 而且他也不会五点就需要吃晚饭 |
[06:16] | Dale and I once ate dinner at 3:30. | 我跟戴尔有一次3点半就吃了晚餐 |
[06:19] | I still think it was lunch. | 我还是觉得那顿应该是午餐 |
[06:23] | Hey, you got any plans this weekend? | 你这周末有什么安排了吗 |
[06:25] | I don’t think so. Why? | 应该没有吧 怎么了 |
[06:26] | I happen to have a coupon for a free room at the Royale Casino. | 我刚好有一张皇家赌场的免费住宿券 |
[06:31] | Now you’re talking! | 这就很让人想听下去了 |
[06:34] | How’d you swing that? | 你怎么搞到手的 |
[06:35] | Well, you lose enough, they give you all kinds of crap. | 只要你输够多钱 他们什么都会送你 |
[06:39] | I’m in. | 我加入 |
[06:40] | And if you really feel like gambling, | 如果你真的想要赌大一点 |
[06:42] | they got an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. | 他们还有丰盛的海鲜吃到饱自助呢 |
[06:44] | Put enough drinks in me, I’ll eat anything. | 把我灌够醉 老娘什么都敢吃 |
[06:49] | Wil Wheaton’s cute. | 威尔·惠顿挺帅 |
[06:51] | If you like him, then you should watch Star Trek with me. | 如果你喜欢他 你应该跟我一起看《星际旅行》 |
[06:54] | He’s not that cute. | 他也没帅到这种程度 |
[06:55] | Shelly, I was looking at your college catalog. | 谢利 我刚才看了你的大学介绍手册 |
[06:58] | There are a lot of fun clubs. | 学校里有很多有趣的社团啊 |
[07:00] | Might be a nice way to make some new friends. | 参加社团或许能结交很多新朋友呢 |
[07:03] | I don’t need friends. I have Dr. Linkletter. | 我不需要朋友 我有林克莱特博士了 |
[07:06] | And he’s fun, but… | 他是挺有趣 但是… |
[07:08] | did you know that there’s a Science Fiction Club? | 你知道学校里有科幻社吗 |
[07:11] | You like science fiction. | 你不是喜欢科幻吗 |
[07:12] | I prefer science fact. | 我更喜欢科学真理 |
[07:15] | Then maybe you might enjoy the Astronomy Club. | 那或许你会喜欢天文社 |
[07:18] | Outer space and such. | 外太空什么的 |
[07:19] | Ooh. You can meet other people from your planet. | 这样你就能认识你母星的人了 |
[07:22] | Read your magazine. | 安静读你的杂志 |
[07:24] | Why are you so interested in me joining a club? | 你为什么这么兴致勃勃要我加入社团 |
[07:26] | I just want to make sure | 我只是想要确保 |
[07:28] | that you get the full college experience. | 你体验到大学生活里的方方面面嘛 |
[07:31] | I suppose my so-called peers could benefit from my presence. | 我想我的出现的确是能令同学们感到蓬荜生辉 |
[07:34] | And you might benefit, too. | 你或许也能有所收获 |
[07:36] | A nice thought, but I don’t spread my sunshine | 这想法不错 但我的光辉 |
[07:38] | for selfish reasons. | 是无私洒向人间的 |
[07:39] | Give me the catalog. | 把手册给我 |
[07:44] | You tried, and that’s what counts. | 你努力过了 过程比结果重要 |
[07:56] | Hello, lunch friend. | 你好 午餐伙伴 |
[07:58] | Hi, Sheldon. | 你好 谢尔顿 |
[07:59] | Egg salad. Stinky. | 蛋沙拉 臭啊 |
[08:01] | What do you want? | 你来干嘛 |
[08:02] | I have some bad news. | 我有坏消息要告诉你 |
[08:03] | I’m going to join a club on campus, | 我要去加入学校里的社团 |
[08:05] | which means we won’t be able to have lunch together. | 所以以后无法跟你一起共进午餐了 |
[08:08] | Wonderful! | 太好了 |
[08:09] | For you. Sad for me. | 我是指你好 我不好 |
[08:10] | Mmm. Happy trails. | 一路顺风 慢走不送 |
[08:12] | Oh, no, we’re still having lunch today. | 没呢 我们还能一起再共进一餐 |
[08:14] | You get to help me decide which club I should join. | 你有荣幸帮忙我选要加入的社团 |
[08:16] | Terrific. | “真好” |
[08:17] | For some reason, Dr. Linkletter felt it was important | 不知为何 林克莱特博士觉得 |
[08:20] | that I start my quest to join a club immediately. | 我加入社团是头等大事且刻不容缓 |
[08:23] | The interview process was tougher than you’d expect. | 不过面试的过程比我想象中艰难 |
[08:26] | So why exactly should I join your club? | 所以我为什么该加入你们社团 |
[08:28] | Well, cool people, good chess players, | 成员酷 棋力也赞 |
[08:31] | and when the weather’s nice, we meet in the quad. | 而且当天气好时 我们会到学校庭院集合 |
[08:33] | – Outside? – Yes. | -户外吗 -是的 |
[08:35] | – Under trees? – Yes. | -树下吗 -是的 |
[08:37] | – Where birds live? – Yes. | -鸟住的地方吗 -对啊 |
[08:39] | I think we’re done here. | 在此告别 |
[08:41] | So, what kind of activities | 所以在这个社团 |
[08:42] | does the Science Fiction Club engage in? | 我们会进行什么样的活动呢 |
[08:44] | Well, this Friday we’re having a screening | 这周五我们要一起看 |
[08:45] | of Star Wars on laser disc. | 激光盘的《星球大战》 |
[08:46] | I thought this was the Science Fiction Club. | 我记得你们不是科幻社吗 |
[08:48] | – It is. – Star Wars is science fantasy. | -是啊 -《星球大战》是科奇类 |
[08:48] | 科幻其实是指科学上 有可能的科学幻想小说 而科奇则更偏向 是科学题材的奇幻作品 | |
[08:51] | The Force is basically magic. | 原力基本上就是魔力 |
[08:52] | At that point, you might as well be watching The Hobbit. | 这都能算的话 那你们干脆看《霍比特人》得了 |
[08:55] | That’s next week. | 我们下周就要看那个 |
[08:56] | This is madness. | 这是要疯啊 |
[08:59] | Proposition: the newest member of the Debate Club | 命题 辩论社最新的成员 |
[09:02] | should be Sheldon Cooper. | 应该是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[09:03] | You’re the affirmative. Go. | 你是正方 开辩 |
[09:05] | Who’s Sheldon Cooper? | 谢尔顿·库珀是哪位 |
[09:06] | Me. And I believe I should not join the debate team | 我本人 我认为我不该加入辩论队 |
[09:08] | because there are far more valuable uses of my time. | 因为我的时间能用在更有价值的地方 |
[09:11] | Do you want to join or not? | 你到底想不想加入 |
[09:13] | That’s the debate, isn’t it? | 这不就是要辩论的问题吗 |
[09:14] | I don’t know what’s happening. | 我搞不懂这是怎么回事 |
[09:16] | If you’re thrown for a loop, wait until you hear my rebuttal. | 你这就被我震住了吗 我还没开始辩驳呢 |
[09:19] | Sheldon Cooper should not join the debate team | 谢尔顿·库珀不该加入辩论队 |
[09:21] | because your leadership is clearly questionable. | 因为你的领导能力显然很有问题 |
[09:23] | Okay, you’re not in the club. | 好吧 你不能加入本社团 |
[09:25] | Ha! I win. Wait. | 开心 我赢了 等等 |
[09:34] | – Aren’t you gonna call them back? – No. | -你不回电话给对方吗 -不了 |
[09:36] | It’s this old lady. She keeps getting me | 是一个老太太 她不停地使唤我 |
[09:38] | to run her errands and do her chores. | 帮她跑腿办事和做家务 |
[09:40] | You don’t even do that here. | 你连在家都不干这些啊 |
[09:41] | I know. | 就是啊 |
[09:44] | She’s not your grandma. | 她又不是你奶奶 |
[09:45] | Just call her back and say no. | 打回去拒绝她就是了 |
[09:48] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[09:51] | – Thanks again. – Uh-huh. | -再次感谢 -没事 |
[09:55] | What’re you gonna do with all these plants? | 这么多植物你要拿来干什么 |
[09:57] | Put them in my garden. | 把它们种到我的花园里 |
[09:58] | Sounds like a lot of work. | 听起来会很辛苦 |
[10:04] | Aw, man. | 又被坑了 |
[10:06] | So, why are you taking me instead of Dale? | 你为什么带我去 而不是带戴尔 |
[10:08] | Well, last time he and I went casino hopping, | 上次我和他去赌场玩 |
[10:11] | it didn’t work out too hot. | 结果可不太美妙 |
[10:12] | ‘Cause he proposed and you said no? | 因为他求婚而你拒绝了吗 |
[10:15] | Why would he tell you that?! | 他为什么要告诉你这件事啊 |
[10:17] | Hey, don’t feel bad. I’m the dummy that said yes to him. | 别内疚 我可是答应过他求婚的傻子 |
[10:20] | Well, I guess you got a point there. | 我想你说得有道理 |
[10:24] | Turn it up. I love that song. | 大声点 我超爱这首歌 |
[10:28] | * Crazy * | * 疯狂 * |
[10:30] | * I’m crazy for feeling * | * 这种寂寞 * |
[10:34] | * So lonely * | * 快将我逼疯 * |
[10:36] | You know, they got karaoke at the lounge. | 赌场休息室有卡拉OK哦 |
[10:40] | * I’m crazy * | * 疯狂 * |
[10:44] | * Crazy for feeling * | * 这种忧郁 * |
[10:48] | * So blue * | * 快将我逼疯 * |
[10:51] | That’s some voice you got. | 你的歌声真”催人泪下” |
[10:53] | Thank you. | 多谢夸奖啦 |
[11:03] | Sheldon, why are you at my desk? | 谢尔顿 你怎么坐在我的位子 |
[11:05] | I like your keyboard. The ones at the library are too clacky. | 我喜欢你的键盘 图书馆那些太响了 |
[11:08] | I thought you were going to join a club. | 你不是打算参加社团吗 |
[11:10] | I tried, but they each had their own problems. | 我试过了 但每个社团都存在问题 |
[11:12] | By chance, were any of those problems you? | 其中有没有哪些问题碰巧就是你呢 |
[11:15] | You’re so funny. I missed this. | 你真幽默 我想念你说笑 |
[11:17] | Would you like your seat back? | 你想让我把位子还给你吗 |
[11:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:21] | I’d also like my office back. | 我也想要回我的办公室 |
[11:23] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[11:24] | Son, you can’t just hang out here whenever you want. | 孩子 你不能随时想来这待着就来 |
[11:28] | Why not? We’re friends. | 为什么 我们是朋友啊 |
[11:29] | No. I’m a professor, you’re a student. | 不 我是教授 你是学生 |
[11:32] | I’m 68, you’re 11. | 我68岁 你11岁 |
[11:33] | Do you see where I’m headed here? | 你意识到我想说什么了吗 |
[11:35] | Nope. | 不知道 |
[11:37] | Sheldon, I’ve tried to be nice about this, | 谢尔顿 我试过委婉地告诉你了 |
[11:39] | but you’re just not taking the hint. | 但你就是听不懂暗示 |
[11:40] | If you have questions about class, I’m here. | 如果你对课程有疑问 可以来找我 |
[11:43] | Otherwise, please leave me alone. | 除此以外 请你别来打扰我 |
[11:49] | Uh, I understand. | 我明白了 |
[11:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:04] | I’m hurt Dr. Linkletter doesn’t want me as a friend. | 林克莱特博士不想跟我做朋友 我很受伤 |
[12:07] | Understandable. | 这可以理解 |
[12:08] | I’m also angry. | 我也很生气 |
[12:09] | I don’t like having two feelings at once. | 我不喜欢同时有两种心情 |
[12:11] | It’s annoying. | 这样很烦 |
[12:12] | Great, annoyed. That’s three. | 好极了 加上烦 这下有三种了 |
[12:14] | I thought you were gonna join a club. | 你不是要加入社团吗 |
[12:16] | Too bad there isn’t a Dr. Linkletter Haters Club. | 可惜没有仇林克莱特博士者社团 |
[12:19] | I would join that in a heartbeat. | 要是有我立马加入 |
[12:20] | Maybe I should start one. | 也许我该成立一个 |
[12:22] | Starting your own club is an interesting idea. | 自己成立个社团这想法挺有意思 |
[12:25] | Maybe just not one based on, | 不过最好别基于 |
[12:28] | you know, hating someone. | 仇恨某人吧 |
[12:30] | You started that group at church | 你在教会专门成立了一个小组 |
[12:31] | for parents who hate The Simpsons. | 全是仇视《辛普森一家》的家长 |
[12:33] | It’s not about hate. We just write letters | 那不是仇恨 我们只是写信投诉 |
[12:35] | to get it taken off the air. | 让那个卡通停播 |
[12:37] | And it’s gonna happen any day now. | 这节目随时就要下架啦 |
[12:40] | Ironically, | 讽刺的是 |
[12:40] | the only Simpson she did like was O.J. | 她唯一喜欢过的辛普森是O·J·辛普森 |
[12:40] | 知名橄榄球员 后涉嫌杀妻 并因持枪抢劫等罪被判33年监禁 | |
[12:43] | Time’s funny that way. | 时间就是这么喜欢打脸 |
[12:47] | Whoever decided to put video poker | 把电动扑克安装在酒吧的人 |
[12:49] | in the bar is a genius. | 就是天才 |
[12:51] | If they change the seats out to toilets, | 如果他们把座椅搬去厕所 |
[12:53] | we’d never have to leave. | 我们永远都不用挪窝了 |
[12:59] | So, what else has Dale told you about our relationship? | 戴尔还跟你说了哪些我们交往的事 |
[13:02] | You still hung up on that? | 你还在纠结这事吗 |
[13:04] | Apparently. | 当然啦 |
[13:05] | You know, I don’t think he meant to. | 我觉得他不是有意说出来的 |
[13:06] | We were having a drink, and it just kind of slipped out. | 我们当时在喝酒 他不小心说溜嘴而已 |
[13:10] | Y’all still go out drinking together? | 你们还有一起出去喝酒吗 |
[13:12] | It was our grandson’s elementary school graduation, | 那天是我们孙子的小学毕业典礼 |
[13:15] | so yeah. | 所以我们去喝了 |
[13:16] | I didn’t know y’all were that close. | 我都不知道你们关系还那么好 |
[13:19] | Are you jealous? | 你吃醋了吗 |
[13:20] | – No. – Sounds like it. | -没有 -听起来有哦 |
[13:22] | Well… | 那… |
[13:25] | You ever sleep with him after the divorce? | 你们离婚后还睡过吗 |
[13:28] | Gross! No. | 恶心 当然没有 |
[13:29] | That cranky bag of wrinkles is all yours. | 那个暴躁的臭老头是你的了 |
[13:32] | That’s a comfort. | 那我就安心了 |
[13:33] | I guess. | 算是吧 |
[13:36] | Well, now that we’re being honest, | 既然我们敞开心扉了 |
[13:38] | – can I ask you a question? – Sure. | -我能问你个问题吗 -可以 |
[13:41] | Do you regret saying no to Dale? | 你后悔拒绝戴尔了吗 |
[13:44] | No. | 没有 |
[13:46] | There was a little pause there. | 你稍微停顿了一下 |
[13:48] | There was not! | 才没有 |
[13:50] | Okay, I believe you. | 好吧 我相信你 |
[13:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:53] | You see how I paused? | 看到没 我也停顿了一下 |
[13:54] | That means I was lying. | 那代表我在说谎 |
[13:57] | Missy, | 米希 |
[13:58] | has your social experience in middle school been going well? | 你在中学的社交体验还顺利吗 |
[14:01] | So good, it’s nuts. | 简直顺利到飞起 |
[14:03] | Are you a member of any clubs? | 你有加入任何团体吗 |
[14:05] | Well, in the cafeteria, we call our table | 在食堂 我们那桌自称是 |
[14:07] | Heather M. And the Funky Lunch Bunch. | 海瑟·M和众仙女午餐小团体 |
[14:09] | Well, I meant school-sanctioned clubs. | 我是指学校认可的社团 |
[14:11] | The F.L.B. Is a pretty big deal. | 仙午团可是众人仰慕的对象 |
[14:13] | I don’t get why people think | 我不明白大家为何认为 |
[14:14] | that the social aspect of education is so important. | 教育中的社交层面如此重要 |
[14:17] | Maybe ’cause the education aspect is so boring. | 可能是因为教育本身太无聊了 |
[14:20] | But that’s the whole point of school. | 但那就是学校的意义啊 |
[14:22] | Eh. I’ll stick with being popular. | 随你 我反正要继续当万人迷 |
[14:24] | I’d like to point out | 我想指出 |
[14:25] | that one of us has a Nobel Prize. | 我们其中一个可是诺贝尔奖得主 |
[14:27] | All the other one has is a loving family and friends, | 另一个只有相亲相爱的家人和朋友 |
[14:30] | which I also have. Boy, did I win! | 这些我也有 我真是碾压大胜啊 |
[14:38] | This is it. I’m done. | 这是最后一次了 我不干了 |
[14:42] | – Oh, hi. You must be Georgie. – Uh, yeah. | -你好 你就是小乔治吧 -是的 |
[14:45] | My nana says you’ve been taking such good care of her. | 我奶奶说你这段时间对她照顾有加 |
[14:49] | You’re so sweet. | 你真是太有爱了 |
[14:50] | Thanks, but she’s the sweet one. | 谢谢 不过有爱的是她啦 |
[14:53] | Isn’t she? | 可不是嘛 |
[14:55] | Nana, Georgie’s here! | 奶奶 小乔治来了 |
[14:57] | Ask him if he wants to stay for dinner. | 问他想不想留下来吃晚餐 |
[15:00] | I’m free. What’re we having? | 我有空 今晚吃什么 |
[15:04] | 皇家赌场 免费卡拉OK | |
[15:04] | * Tender love is blind * | * 温柔的爱是盲目的 * |
[15:07] | * It requires a dedication * | * 这份爱需要无私的奉献 * |
[15:10] | * All this love we feel * | * 我们之间汹涌的爱意 * |
[15:12] | * It needs no conversation * | * 无需言语表达 * |
[15:14] | * Ride it together, uh-huh * | * 一同享受 * |
[15:17] | * From– love with each other * | * 对彼此的爱 * |
[15:21] | * Islands in the stream * | * 溪流中的岛屿 * |
[15:23] | * That is what we are * | * 就像你我 * |
[15:25] | * No one in between * | * 没人能介入 * |
[15:27] | * How can we be wrong? * | * 我们是天生一对 * |
[15:29] | * Sail away with me * | * 和我一起远航吧 * |
[15:31] | * To another world * | * 去往另一个世界 * |
[15:34] | * And we rely on each other, uh-huh * | * 相依为命 * |
[15:38] | * From one lover to another, uh-huh * | * 我们是命定的恋人 * |
[15:42] | We sound good! | 我们唱得真棒 |
[15:43] | One of us does. | 只有其中一人棒 |
[15:45] | The next day, | 第二天 |
[15:46] | I set out to start my own club. | 我着手成立我的社团 |
[15:48] | It involved science, education | 其包含了科学 教育 |
[15:51] | and all the glitz and glamour of show business. | 和娱乐界的闪耀星光 |
[15:56] | All I had to do was sit back | 我只需坐下来 |
[15:58] | and wait for my new Proton posse to come rolling in. | 等同样喜欢《质子教授》的小伙伴们蜂拥而入 |
[16:10] | Greetings, fellow Professor Proton fan. | 你好 《质子教授》同好 |
[16:12] | Oh, I thought this room was empty. | 我还以为这间教室没人 |
[16:13] | Well, it’s not. This is a meeting | 有人 这里在开 |
[16:15] | of the Professor Proton Appreciation Club. | 《质子教授》鉴赏社的会议 |
[16:17] | Would you like to fill out an application? | 你想填申请入社表吗 |
[16:19] | I’m just looking for someplace quiet. | 我只是想找个安静的地方 |
[16:21] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[16:23] | Well, it doesn’t look like anyone’s gonna show up, | 看样子没人会来了 |
[16:25] | so if you would like to read here, you’re welcome to. | 如果你想在这里看书 请便吧 |
[16:29] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[16:33] | I was only starting this club | 我成立这个社团 |
[16:35] | because my mother wanted me to make some friends. | 只是因为我妈希望我交些朋友 |
[16:37] | Not just her. | 不只她 |
[16:38] | It started with my physics professor, | 一开始是因为我的物理教授 |
[16:40] | Dr. Linkletter, who I thought was my friend | 林克莱特博士 我本来以为他是我的朋友 |
[16:42] | – but then decided… – Are you gonna keep talking? | -但之后决定… -你打算一直说不停吗 |
[16:44] | I-I’ve got a book. | 我有带书来 |
[16:46] | That day, the Read in Silence Club was born. | 那一天 安静看书社诞生了 |
[16:49] | Its members were me and my new friend… | 成员包括我和我的新朋友… |
[16:51] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[16:54] | And my new friend, that guy. | 和我的新朋友 那位小哥 |
[17:06] | Make it stop. | 快接啦 |
[17:14] | Who the hell is this? | 你谁啊 |
[17:15] | Hey. Morning, sunshine. | 早上好 美女 |
[17:18] | What time is it? | 现在几点了 |
[17:20] | 2:00 in the afternoon. | 下午两点 |
[17:22] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:23] | Well, I mean, you had a wild night singing and everything. | 毕竟你昨晚玩得很疯 唱嗨了玩嗨了 |
[17:27] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[17:28] | You called me at 3:00 in the morning. | 你凌晨三点给我打过电话 |
[17:29] | Do you remember me calling Dale last night? | 你记得我昨晚有打电话给戴尔吗 |
[17:32] | No. | 不记得 |
[17:33] | Do it! Call him! Do it! Call him! | 快 打给他 快 打给他 |
[17:36] | And I know exactly what I’m gonna say. | 我知道要对他说什么 |
[17:40] | What’d I say? | 我说什么了 |
[17:41] | You don’t remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[17:43] | And then I lost $20 at the video poker bar, | 然后我在电动扑克酒吧输了20块 |
[17:47] | and then we sang karaoke. | 之后我们唱了卡拉OK |
[17:49] | Tell him about the shrimp. | 快告诉他虾的事 |
[17:50] | We went to the all-you-can-eat buffet, | 我们还去吃自助餐了 |
[17:53] | you know, and they had these jumbo shrimp. | 那里供应特大鲜虾 |
[17:56] | – And, I mean, they weren’t just saying they were jumbo. – So big! | -说特大一点没夸张 -塞满我一嘴巴 |
[18:01] | Are you gonna tell me what I said or not? | 你到底告不告诉我 我说了什么 |
[18:03] | Hell no. I’m having too much fun. | 才不告诉你 我现在乐着呢 |
[18:07] | I hate you. | 我讨厌你 |
[18:10] | I can live with that. | 我可以接受 |