时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You can’t be my lab assistant. | 你不能当我的实验助手 |
[00:03] | There’s a wait list of students | 排队要抢那个位子的学生 |
[00:05] | and I just can’t give you special treatment. | 我不能就这么给你特殊待遇 |
[00:07] | Not with that attitude. | 要想成 你得改改态度 |
[00:11] | Hello? | 哪位 |
[00:12] | Can I be your lab assistant? | 我能当你的实验助手吗 |
[00:13] | If I say yes, will you please stop hounding me? | 如果我答应你 你可以别烦我了吗 |
[00:15] | – Absolutely. – Fine, you win. | -当然 -行 你赢了 |
[00:19] | I understand my role here. | 我很清楚自己在这的身份 |
[00:20] | In fact, I noticed a flaw in your reaction rate, | 事实上 我注意到你的反应速率有错误 |
[00:22] | but I kept it to myself because I know my place. | 但我绝口不提 因为我懂得守本分 |
[00:24] | – What is it? – Nice try. | -是什么错 -演技挺好 |
[00:27] | Fire! Fire! | 着火了 着火了 |
[00:29] | Was it too much oxygen in the reagents? | 试剂里是不是含太多氧了 |
[00:31] | See, you didn’t need my help after all. | 瞧 你根本不需要我帮忙 |
[00:39] | My role as Dr. Linkletter’s lab assistant | 我在当林克莱特博士的助手的这事上 |
[00:41] | was progressing nicely. | 进步神速 |
[00:43] | I had mastered operating the manual particle collector, | 我充分掌握了人工粒子收集器的使用 |
[00:47] | aka a broom. | 也就是俗称的扫把 |
[00:49] | I may not always recognize sarcasm, | 我或许不是每次都能听出别人在讽刺 |
[00:51] | but I sure know how to use it. | 但我绝对也是讽刺的一名好手 |
[00:53] | Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[00:54] | I’ve hit a bit of a roadblock with the solar neutrino detector. | 我在太阳中微子探测仪上碰到了一点瓶颈 |
[00:58] | Why don’t you come have a look? | 要不你来看看吧 |
[00:59] | Are you saying you would like me to take part in your experiment? | 你的意思是希望我加入你的实验吗 |
[01:03] | Well, I think a fresh set of eyes might be helpful. | 当局者迷嘛 请个旁观者或许能有帮助 |
[01:06] | Because my previous observations proved correct? | 因为我之前的旁观结果被证实是正确的吗 |
[01:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:10] | And had you listened to me, the lab wouldn’t have caught fire? | 如果你之前听我的 实验室就不会着火对吗 |
[01:13] | Yes. | 对啦 |
[01:14] | So just to be clear, at the tender age of 11, | 我确认一下 在稚嫩的11岁那年 |
[01:15] | I’ll be officially participating in an academic study. | 我将正式加入学术研究中吗 |
[01:18] | Will you do it or not? | 你到底来不来 |
[01:20] | Absolutely. Here you go. | 当然 这个给你 |
[01:22] | What am I supposed to do with this? | 你把这个给我干嘛 |
[01:24] | Well, if you can’t figure that out, no wonder you need my help. | 如果你连这都参不透 难怪你需要找我帮忙 |
[01:28] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:31] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:34] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:36] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:39] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:48] | Do we have another hair dryer? | 家里还有吹风机吗 |
[01:49] | This one broke. | 这只坏掉了 |
[01:51] | Just use a towel. | 你就用毛巾擦干嘛 |
[01:53] | So my hair can look like yours? | 然后变成你这种发型吗 |
[01:54] | I don’t think so. | 我才不要 |
[01:57] | Go look in the garage. | 去车库里翻翻吧 |
[01:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:05] | I like my hair. | 我喜欢我的发型 |
[02:06] | I may have been part of an academic study, | 虽然我加入了学术研究之中 |
[02:08] | but I wasn’t the only Cooper | 但我并不是库珀家 |
[02:10] | on the verge of making a great discovery. | 唯一一个即将有大发现的人 |
[02:13] | Sheldon’s tests. | 谢尔顿以前的考卷 |
[02:20] | I’m gonna be rich. | 我要发大财啦 |
[02:23] | Missy, ten minutes. | 米希 再10分钟出门 |
[02:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:35] | Whatcha looking at? | 你在看什么呢 |
[02:36] | Uh, just Pastor Jeff and Mrs. Sparks. | 就看杰夫牧师与斯巴克斯太太 |
[02:39] | They were out there the other day, too. | 他们之前也有一起散步过啊 |
[02:42] | How come you don’t go with them? | 你怎么没跟他们一起 |
[02:46] | They didn’t invite me. | 他们没邀请我 |
[02:48] | Ouch. | 真惨 |
[02:48] | Rough start to your day. | 这一天开始就难受啦 |
[02:53] | So, the problem that I’m running into | 所以我目前遇到的难题是 |
[02:55] | is I can’t get the inner sphere | 我没办法让内球体 |
[02:56] | to remain suspended in the buffer liquid. | 成功悬浮在缓冲液里 |
[02:58] | Have you tried wrapping the sphere in copper wire? | 你试过在球体外缠上铜线吗 |
[03:01] | I did, but it just slips out. | 试过了 会滑出来 |
[03:03] | Perhaps we could suspend it in some sort of sleeve. | 或许我们可以把它套在什么套子里 |
[03:05] | That would prevent light from getting through. | 可是这样会挡住光的照射 |
[03:10] | I wonder if my thinking would be more effective | 我很好奇如果我有胡须可以捋 |
[03:11] | if I had a beard to stroke. | 我思考会不会更有效率 |
[03:13] | It’s one of the few aspects of puberty I’m looking forward to. | 这是我对青春期少有的几个期待之一了 |
[03:18] | Hey, Tam. | 丹 |
[03:20] | What if I told you | 如果我跟你说 |
[03:21] | you didn’t have to study for your chemistry test tonight? | 你今晚不用准备明天的化学考试了 你会如何 |
[03:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:25] | ‘Cause I found this. | 因为我找到了这个 |
[03:27] | Cool. | 牛逼 |
[03:29] | But how do you know we’re gonna get the same test? | 那你怎么知道我们明天会考同一份考题 |
[03:31] | I checked– we’ve been taking the same ones all year. | 我确认过了 考题每年都是重复的 |
[03:34] | And teachers call us lazy? | 这些老师居然还敢骂我们懒吗 |
[03:36] | I know. | 就是说嘛 |
[03:38] | Well, thank you. | 好吧 谢啦 |
[03:40] | Hold on now. I ain’t just givin’ it away. | 你别急 我这东西可不是拿来送的 |
[03:43] | How much? | 你要多少钱 |
[03:45] | Five bucks. | 5块 |
[03:46] | It’s worth it. | 值得 |
[03:47] | If I get another B, my mom will kill me. | 我再考一次B 我妈会宰了我 |
[03:49] | Hey, I don’t just sell tests. | 我卖的可不只是考卷 |
[03:52] | I bring families together. | 是一家团圆 |
[03:57] | Get this. | 你猜怎么着 |
[03:58] | I drove past the Methodist church | 我开车经过卫理教派的教堂 |
[04:00] | and you know what the sign out front said? | 你猜他们教堂外的标语写了什么 |
[04:02] | What? | 什么 |
[04:03] | “Friendship, pirate ship, try the best ship– worship.” | “友谊海贼船 都比不上信仰” |
[04:08] | Clever. | 蛮棒的哏 |
[04:08] | That was our sign last year! I wrote that! | 这是我们去年用过的标语 是我写的 |
[04:11] | Isn’t the most important thing | 但最重要的事情难道不是 |
[04:13] | that it might get more people to go to church? | 让更多的人愿意上教堂吗 |
[04:15] | But whoever did it has the sin of stealing | 但这个凶手犯下了盗窃之罪 |
[04:17] | on their soul now, so at least there’s that. | 灵魂有了污点 这事跑不掉 |
[04:21] | There you go. | 那就行啦 |
[04:24] | Oh, um… | 对了 |
[04:25] | I saw you and Brenda Sparks | 我看到你跟布兰达·斯巴克斯 |
[04:27] | out for a walk this mornin’. | 今早在外面散步呢 |
[04:31] | – That’s fun. – Yeah. | -感觉挺有趣啊 -对啊 |
[04:33] | Nice way to start the day. | 一大早散步挺有益身心的 |
[04:35] | Yeah. Um… | 是啊 那个… |
[04:36] | I’d go with George, | 我也想找乔治一起去散步 |
[04:37] | but he’s a gym teacher, | 但他是体育老师 |
[04:39] | and as a group, they’re not much for walkin’. | 他们这些体育老师好像都不爱走动 |
[04:43] | Well, you keep asking, maybe he’ll come around. | 你就一直磨他嘛 或许哪天就顽石点头了 |
[04:47] | Good idea, thank you. | 好主意 谢谢你 |
[04:49] | It’s not just witty church signs up here. | 这里面可不止装了教堂标语金句 |
[04:54] | I never thought a sphere suspended in mineral oil | 我从没想过球体悬浮在矿物油中 |
[04:57] | could be so exciting. | 能这么让人兴奋 |
[04:58] | Eight minutes and it hasn’t moved. | 已经坚持8分钟没有移动了 |
[04:59] | So far so good. | 目前情况十分良好 |
[05:01] | Oh, boy, my heart is pounding. | 妈呀 我小心脏砰砰跳 |
[05:03] | I hope I don’t turn into an adrenaline junkie. | 希望我不会变成一个爱玩心跳的人 |
[05:05] | What’s going on in there? | 你们在忙什么呢 |
[05:07] | This is a prototype of a solar neutrino detector. | 这是一个太阳中微子探测仪的原型机 |
[05:09] | We need to keep the sphere suspended | 我们得让这球完美悬浮固定在 |
[05:11] | precisely in the scintillator. | 这个闪烁体之中 |
[05:13] | Speaking of scintillating… | 说到闪烁又光彩熠熠 |
[05:14] | – No. – Sorry. | -少来 -失礼了 |
[05:17] | Darn it. | 可恶 |
[05:19] | Ah, the oil must’ve dissolved the adhesive. | 一定是油把黏着剂给溶了 |
[05:21] | Well… | 好啦 |
[05:22] | ready to hit the road? | 准备好走了吗 |
[05:23] | Please, not yet. We’re so close to cracking this. | 拜托 再等等 我们马上就要解出方法了 |
[05:26] | Just ten more minutes? | 再给我们10分钟吧 |
[05:29] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[05:29] | – Oh, boy. – Yes! | -太好啦 -棒啊 |
[05:32] | I wasn’t even at that school, | 虽然哥已经离开那所学校 |
[05:34] | and I was still boosting its grade point average. | 但我还是持续提升着学生的平均分数 |
[05:37] | You got biology? | 你有生物考卷吗 |
[05:38] | Depends. You got money? | 不好说 你有钱吗 |
[05:39] | – Yeah. – I got biology. | -有 -那我也有 |
[05:46] | Perhaps we could create some sort of a cocoon to suspend it. | 或许我们可以制造某种茧来固定它 |
[05:49] | – Out of wire? – Or nylon. | -用金属线吗 -或尼龙 |
[05:52] | But I wouldn’t know how to weave it around a sphere. | 但我不知道怎么把它编织在球体周围 |
[05:54] | I’m not a genius, but it sounds to me | 我不是什么天才 但听起来 |
[05:56] | like what y’all are talking about is, uh, crochet. | 你们在说的就是打毛线嘛 |
[05:59] | I suppose we are. | 可以这么说吧 |
[06:00] | Because with crochet, you can make all kinds of shapes. | 因为你们可以把毛线打成各种形状的啊 |
[06:04] | Intriguing. | 有意思 |
[06:05] | Hell, I even crocheted a cover for Jolene. | 我就给琼尼打过一个罩子 |
[06:09] | I’m sorry? | 抱歉 什么东西 |
[06:10] | That’s my bowling ball. | 是我的保龄球啦 |
[06:11] | She likes to name inanimate objects– it’s odd. | 她喜欢给无生命体取名字 很怪 |
[06:14] | Or whimsically charming. | 也可以说是迷人的奇思妙想啊 |
[06:15] | Connie, would you help us detect solar neutrinos? | 康妮 你愿意帮助我们探测太阳中微子吗 |
[06:19] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:20] | You-you-you want me to be a part of your science thing? | 你想要我加入你这个科学的东西吗 |
[06:23] | Indeed. | 是的 |
[06:25] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[06:27] | sure, why not. | 有何不可 行吧 |
[06:29] | Excellent. | 太好啦 |
[06:31] | And just like that, | 就这样 |
[06:32] | my meemaw had been seduced by the siren call of science. | 我姥姥也被科学的魅惑呼唤所吸引 |
[06:37] | But before we unravel the secrets of the universe, | 但在我们揭开宇宙的神秘面纱之前 |
[06:39] | I’m gonna hit the john. | 我要先去上个厕所 |
[06:48] | And bless the hands that prepared it. | 保佑准备餐点的人 |
[06:50] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[06:51] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[06:53] | Where is everyone? | 大家都去哪里了 |
[06:54] | Georgie’s out and Sheldon’s at the university with Meemaw. | 小乔治还没回家 谢尔顿跟姥姥还在大学 |
[06:56] | A lot of pressure on me to keep things fun. | 今晚这餐我的娱乐责任压力山大啊 |
[06:58] | Hey, I was thinking after dinner, | 我在想 等会儿吃完饭 |
[07:00] | maybe you and I could go out for a walk. | 我们两个可以去散个步啊 |
[07:03] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:04] | Pastor Jeff and Brenda have been doing it, might be nice. | 杰夫牧师跟布兰达常一起散步 感觉很不错 |
[07:08] | So go with them. | 那你跟他们一起去就好啦 |
[07:10] | They didn’t invite her. She was all upset about it. | 他们没找她 所以她在不开心 |
[07:13] | Well, you get left out and I get punished? | 所以人家不带你玩 倒霉的却是我吗 |
[07:16] | A walk with your wife is punishment? | 跟你老婆散步是惩罚 是吗 |
[07:18] | You’re up, say somethin’ fun. | 换你上场 说点有趣的 |
[07:20] | I think Pastor Jeff and Mrs. Sparks might be talking about Billy. | 我觉得牧师跟斯巴克斯太太可能是聊比利的事 |
[07:24] | What’s going on with Billy? | 比利怎么了吗 |
[07:25] | He’s been getting in trouble at school. | 他在学校老是惹上麻烦 |
[07:27] | How is that fun? | 这事情哪里有趣了 |
[07:29] | It’s gossip. Gossip’s fun. | 这是八卦啊 八卦很有趣 |
[07:33] | Poor thing. | 可怜的孩子 |
[07:34] | Brenda did say he was having trouble adjusting. | 布兰达的确是有说过他还不太适应 |
[07:38] | Maybe I should see if she’s doing okay later. | 或许我等会该去关心一下她 |
[07:40] | Great idea. I’m not walking, good job. | 好主意 我不用散步了 你干得好 |
[07:46] | So what am I making this thing out of? | 所以我该用什么材料做这个东西 |
[07:48] | We were using wire, but that might be | 我们之前是用金属线 但或许 |
[07:49] | difficult to crochet with. | 这你编织起来不方便 |
[07:51] | Oh, please, I could crochet barbed wire | 拜托 只要老娘想 |
[07:53] | with a chopstick if I had to. | 我能用一双筷子加带刺铁丝打毛线 |
[07:55] | I admire your bravado. | 我欣赏你的英雄风范 |
[07:57] | In this case, isn’t it the feminine, “bravada”? | 这种时候我们是不是该用女性的”英雌风范” |
[08:00] | I’ve never heard the term “bravada.” | 可是我没有听过这个词呢 |
[08:01] | Let’s just go with “Chutzpah.” | 咱们还是用”豪气”吧 |
[08:02] | – What’s chutzpah? – It’s like moxie. | -豪气是什么意思 -就类似勇气 |
[08:04] | Oh, I do like moxie. | 我的确很喜欢勇气 |
[08:05] | I admire your moxie. | 我佩服你的勇气 |
[08:07] | However, I believe that nylon thread | 但是我认为尼龙线 |
[08:08] | would be the best choice. | 会是最好的选择 |
[08:10] | True, it’s chemically inert and would allow | 没错 其具有化学惰性 |
[08:11] | more light to pass through. | 能让更多光穿过 |
[08:13] | Nylon thread. | 尼龙线 |
[08:14] | Done. | 没问题 |
[08:15] | Brava. That one I know is a word. | 棒 我知道这是个词 |
[08:17] | Can I ask… | 我能问一下 |
[08:19] | why exactly are we looking for solar neutrinos? | 我们为什么要找太阳中微子吗 |
[08:22] | Other experiments have only seen about half the neutrinos | 其他实验只观测到了半数从太阳产生的 |
[08:24] | coming from the Sun. | 中微子 |
[08:25] | And we’d like to figure out why. | 我们想弄清原因 |
[08:27] | And what happens if we do? | 弄清会怎么样 |
[08:28] | They will tell us what kind of nuclear reactions | 就能告诉我们 那里正发生什么 |
[08:30] | are going on there. | 核子反应 |
[08:32] | In the Sun? | 在太阳里吗 |
[08:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:34] | That’s so far– how? | 这么远 怎么做到 |
[08:36] | Neutrinos are made deep within the core of the Sun. | 中微子是在太阳核心内生成的 |
[08:39] | They have to go over a hundred times | 它们想要出来 |
[08:40] | the radius of Earth just to get out. | 必须跨越地球半径百倍的距离 |
[08:42] | Mm, kind of like how you can drive | 有点像开一整天车 |
[08:44] | all day and still be in Texas. | 都还没开出德州范围 |
[08:46] | Exactly, then they have to travel another | 没错 然后它们还得旅行 |
[08:48] | 93 million miles just to get here. | 九千三百万英里才能到达地球 |
[08:50] | Huh. Neutrinos are essentially | 本质上中微子就是 |
[08:51] | direct messengers from the center of the Sun. | 来自太阳中心的直接信使 |
[08:54] | That’s why we’re building the prototype. | 所以我们才要建原型机 |
[08:57] | And I get to be a part of it? | 而我能成为其中一份子吗 |
[08:58] | You do. | 是的 |
[08:59] | Damn. | 我去 |
[09:00] | Is there any money in it? | 有钱拿吗 |
[09:01] | – No. – Damn. | -没有 -我去 |
[09:10] | Hello? | 喂 |
[09:11] | Hey, Brenda. It’s Mary. | 布兰达 是我 玛丽 |
[09:14] | Oh. Hey. | 是你啊 |
[09:16] | Hi. I was just checking in, seeing how you’re doing. | 我打来是想看看你怎么样了 |
[09:21] | How am I doing about what? | 什么事怎么样 |
[09:24] | Well, I heard that Billy | 我听说比利 |
[09:26] | might be having a tough time at school. | 可能在学校可能不太顺利 |
[09:28] | Well, you know what, he’ll be fine, so thanks for calling. | 他会没事的 谢谢你打来 |
[09:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:32] | Um, if there’s anything I can do, | 如果有什么我能做的 |
[09:35] | or if you ever want to talk…? | 或者你想找人聊聊 |
[09:37] | Good to know. Anything else? | 知道了 还有其他事吗 |
[09:40] | Uh, no, that was it. | 没有了 就这样 |
[09:41] | Okay. Bye. | 那好 再见 |
[09:52] | That night, my meemaw was so inspired | 那一晚 我姥姥因为 |
[09:54] | to be part of our science experiment, | 参与我们的科学实验而深受鼓舞 |
[09:56] | she began working on it as soon as she got home. | 她一回家便投入其中 |
[10:05] | She was in the zone. | 她简直进入了忘我境界 |
[10:08] | She was focused. | 专心致志 |
[10:09] | She was determined. | 下定决心 |
[10:11] | She was also 68 and had eaten a lot of pizza. | 同时她也是个嗑了过多披萨的68岁老妇 |
[10:16] | And the Nobel Prize for Science goes to Connie Tucker! | 诺贝尔科学奖得主是 康妮·塔克 |
[10:22] | Oh, my goodness, y’all are so sweet. | 我的天呀 你们太贴心了 |
[10:27] | I want to thank my brilliant grandson Sheldon and his pal Dr. Linkletter, | 我想感谢我聪慧过人的外孙谢尔顿 |
[10:31] | and his pal Dr. Linkletter, for bringing me in | 和他的搭档林克莱特博士 |
[10:34] | on the experiment. | 让我参与该次实验 |
[10:36] | I’d like to thank my Aunt Linda for teaching me to crochet | 以及感谢我琳达姑妈在我还是个小矮子时 |
[10:39] | when I was knee-high to a June bug. | 教会我打毛线 |
[10:42] | And everyone, for making me… | 还要感谢所有人 让我成为 |
[10:46] | “The Meemaw of Science.” | “科学之姥” |
[10:53] | Meemaw! Meemaw! Meemaw! | 姥姥 姥姥 姥姥 |
[11:04] | Being a good entrepreneur, | 身为一个优秀的企业家 |
[11:05] | my brother realized his supply of my old tests was limited. | 我哥哥意识到我的旧试卷数量有限 |
[11:10] | So he did something else he was good at: lie to my father. | 于是他做了另一件他擅长的事 骗我爸 |
[11:13] | Dad, you ever use the copy room at school? | 老爸 你会使用学校的复印室吗 |
[11:16] | Sometimes. Why? | 有时会啊 干嘛 |
[11:18] | I need to make some copies for a school project I’m working on. | 我需要复印些文件 我的学校作业要用 |
[11:21] | Uh, it’s not really for students. | 那并不是给学生用的 |
[11:22] | You know, they keep it locked. | 平时会上锁 |
[11:24] | So, you have a key? | 那你有钥匙吗 |
[11:27] | I’m not giving you my key. | 我才不会把我钥匙给你 |
[11:29] | Why not? – Well, because I know you, | -为什么 -因为我知道你是什么货色 |
[11:31] | and therefore don’t trust you. | 所以我不信任你 |
[11:33] | I told you, it’s for school. | 我说了 是做作业要用 |
[11:35] | Great, then bring it by my office tomorrow | 好啊 那你明天带来我办公室 |
[11:37] | and I’ll make copies. | 我给你复印 |
[11:39] | Never mind. | 算了 当我没问 |
[11:46] | It’s not on my key chain! | 不在我钥匙扣上哦 |
[11:48] | Dang it. | 失算了 |
[11:50] | It was however, in my dad’s drawer at work, | 然而钥匙在我爸办公室的抽屉里 |
[11:53] | leading my brother to do something | 导致我哥哥做了一件 |
[11:55] | he had never done before: get to school early. | 人生从没做过的事 早早到学校 |
[12:03] | Sucker. | 白痴 |
[12:12] | It’s like printing money. | 印出来的简直就是钱啊 |
[12:43] | You look beautiful. | 你看起来真美 |
[12:44] | Shut up and kiss me. | 别废话 吻我 |
[12:49] | Oh, Cheryl. | 谢丽尔 |
[12:51] | Oh, Hubert. | 休伯特 |
[12:57] | John Sturgis. | 我是约翰·斯特吉斯 |
[12:58] | Hey, John. | 约翰你好啊 |
[13:00] | Connie. So nice to hear from you. | 康妮 接到你来电好开心 |
[13:03] | You’ll never guess what I’m doing. | 你肯定猜不到我在忙什么 |
[13:05] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[13:06] | I am working on a solar neutrino detector. | 我在研发太阳中微子探测仪 |
[13:11] | Wow. I was gonna guess making soft-boiled eggs. | 我本来想猜你在煮水煮蛋啦 |
[13:16] | Yeah, Sheldon and Linkletter | 谢尔顿和林克莱特 |
[13:18] | asked me to help them out. | 叫我帮忙 |
[13:20] | Oh. Linkletter’s involved. | 原来和林克莱特有关啊 |
[13:23] | Oh, well, he’s not so bad. | 他也没那么讨人厌啦 |
[13:26] | You and he aren’t…? | 你俩不是在… |
[13:27] | Oh, no, no, no. I’m still seeing Dale. | 当然不是啦 我还在和戴尔约会 |
[13:29] | Okay, good. | 好吧 |
[13:31] | I can handle you with a guy who sells volleyballs, | 你和卖排球的人在一起 我勉强能接受 |
[13:34] | but you with another scientist, that’d be like | 但如果你和另一个科学家在一起 |
[13:37] | a dagger in the heart. | 我会心痛如刀割 |
[13:40] | No daggers here. | 没刀啦 |
[13:42] | So tell me about this experiment. | 跟我说说这个实验 |
[13:44] | Well, I don’t know if you know this, but solar neutrinos | 你知道吗 太阳中微子 |
[13:47] | are like little messengers from the center of the Sun. | 如同来自太阳中心的信使 |
[13:50] | I did know that, | 我是知道啦 |
[13:51] | but it’s delightful to hear you say it. | 但听你说出来感觉很可爱 |
[13:54] | Well, enjoy, ’cause that’s about all I remember. | 那你珍惜这感觉 因为我只记得这么多 |
[13:58] | – So, what’s new by you? – Well, let’s see… | -你最近有什么新鲜事 -我想想 |
[14:01] | Uh, oh, yesterday I had my first breakfast burrito. | 对了 昨天我第一次吃卷饼当早餐 |
[14:07] | Good for you. How was it? | 那很好啊 味道如何 |
[14:09] | Confusing. I ordinarily have burritos for lunch or dinner. | 很令人困惑 我一般都是午餐或晚餐才吃卷饼 |
[14:15] | I don’t know how to respond to that. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[14:17] | You’re working on an experiment | 你在筹备实验 |
[14:19] | and I’m eating dinner for breakfast. | 我在吃晚餐食物当早餐 |
[14:21] | It’s a crazy world. | 这世界天翻地覆啦 |
[14:28] | I’ve got to get back to the library. | 我得回图书馆 |
[14:30] | Oh, but this is so much more fun than books. | 但这可比书本刺激多了 |
[14:33] | Will I be seeing you tonight? | 我今晚能见你吗 |
[14:35] | Oh, you’ll be seeing all of me. | 你会见到我的”全身上下” |
[14:40] | I think this might be my finest work. | 这应该是我最骄傲的作品 |
[14:43] | And she made my dinner mittens, so that means a lot. | 我的晚餐手套可是她织的 所以这评价很高 |
[14:46] | I can’t thank you enough. | 感激不尽 |
[14:48] | Shall we apply the empirical method? | 我们是不是该用实验出真知法啦 |
[14:50] | Yes, the empirical method. Let’s apply that. | 实验出真知法好啊 就应用它吧 |
[14:57] | What now? | 又有什么事 |
[14:59] | I feel like I might’ve overstepped my bounds last night, | 我感觉我昨晚可能越界了 |
[15:02] | so I just wanted to bring you these and apologize. | 所我想送这个来给你道歉 |
[15:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 有心了 |
[15:08] | And I did mean it. | 我是真心的 |
[15:09] | If you ever need to talk, I’m here. | 如果你想找人聊聊 我随时都在 |
[15:12] | Appreciate it. | 非常感谢 |
[15:13] | Okay. | 好了 |
[15:17] | It’s more than Billy. | 不只是比利的事 |
[15:22] | Herschel moved out. | 赫谢尔搬出去了 |
[15:25] | Oh, Brenda, I’m so sorry. | 布兰达 我很遗憾 |
[15:30] | Do you want to come in? | 你想进来吗 |
[15:33] | Of course. | 当然 |
[15:42] | So what’s with the box? | 这大箱子是怎么回事 |
[15:44] | The experiment needs to be in complete darkness to work. | 这个实验需要在完全黑暗中才能有效进行 |
[15:46] | We watch these monitors for the results. | 我们在显示器看实验结果 |
[15:53] | Okay, all that’s left is to turn on the cameras. | 好了 剩下的就是打开摄影机 |
[15:56] | Sheldon, will you get the lights? | 谢尔顿 你能去关灯吗 |
[15:57] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 先生 |
[15:59] | Is that to make it more dramatic? | 关灯是为了制造戏剧性效果吗 |
[16:01] | It’s so that we can better see the flashes on the monitor. | 是为了能更清晰地在显示器看见闪光 |
[16:04] | But a little drama never hurts. | 但增加点气氛总是好的 |
[16:06] | All right, here we go. | 好了 开始 |
[16:07] | Commencement of the solar neutrino detector prototype | 太阳中微子探测仪原型机即将开工 |
[16:10] | in three, two, one. | 倒计时三 二 一 |
[16:20] | I don’t see anything. | 我什么都没看见 |
[16:21] | Give it a moment. | 稍等一下 |
[16:30] | Is that it? | 是这个吗 |
[16:31] | That’s it. | 就是这个 |
[16:34] | We did it. | 我们成功了 |
[16:35] | Phase one is a success. | 第一阶段大获成功 |
[16:37] | Congratulations. | 恭喜啊 |
[16:39] | Look at those beautiful neutrinos. | 看看那些美丽的中微子啊 |
[16:43] | Those aren’t neutrinos. | 那些不是中微子 |
[16:45] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[16:46] | That’s what we’re looking for. | 那不就是我们要找的吗 |
[16:47] | That’s just radioactivity. | 那只是放射现象 |
[16:49] | Well, then, when do we find the neutrinos? | 好吧 那我们几时才能找到中微子 |
[16:53] | We don’t. This is just the prototype. | 找不到 这只是原型机 |
[16:56] | You kidding me? | 你逗我呢吗 |
[16:57] | The actual device needed would be the size of a building. | 真正所需的设备有一栋楼那么大 |
[16:59] | And that’s 20 to 30 years away. | 还要20到30年后才会问世 |
[17:01] | Well, I could be dead by then. | 到那时我可能都入土为安了 |
[17:03] | You still may have helped advance science. | 你还是有可能帮助了科学发展啊 |
[17:06] | Unless another team beats us to it. | 除非有另一个团队比我们快 |
[17:07] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[17:10] | I’m gonna wait in the car. | 我还是去车上等吧 |
[17:12] | If it helps, in 30 years, I should still be alive. | 30年后我应该还活着哦 这样能好受点吗 |
[17:17] | Boy, you’d think she’d be happy about that. | 我还以为她听了会高兴 |
[17:25] | Remember, the smart cheater gets some answers wrong. | 记住 明智的作弊者会特地错几题 |
[17:32] | I heard I might find you here. | 听说能在这里找到你 |
[17:34] | Oh, hey, Mr. Givens. | 你好 吉文斯老师 |
[17:36] | Would you like to explain why this was on the copy machine? | 你能解释一下这个为什么在复印机里吗 |
[17:40] | Anyone could have left that there. | 有可能是任何人落下的啊 |
[17:41] | It’s your brother’s and Tam said it was you. | 是你弟弟的试卷 丹说是你干的 |
[17:45] | Fine, but I only left it there | 好吧 但我落下试卷 |
[17:46] | because you came in the copy room and I had to hide. | 纯粹是因为你进复印室了 我得躲起来 |
[17:50] | What? When? What? | 什么 几时的事 什么 |
[17:52] | This morning before school. | 今早上课前 |
[17:56] | What exactly did you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[17:58] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈那种事 |
[18:00] | Well, I don’t want you talking about it. | 我不想你提起那件事 |
[18:02] | Well, I don’t want you talking about this. | 我也不想你提起这件事 |
[18:04] | I don’t even know what this is. | 我都不知道这个是什么东东 |
[18:06] | I don’t even know what I saw. | 我都不知道我看见了什么 |
[18:07] | – All right, then. – All right. | -那好吧 -无事发生 |