时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么会在这 |
[00:03] | Apparently, the head of the college wants to talk to us. | 校长好像有事想跟我们谈 |
[00:06] | I’ll just get right to the point. | 我就直接说正题了 |
[00:08] | I would like you and your son | 我想要你和你儿子 |
[00:09] | to meet with a very important benefactor of the college. | 跟本校一位非常重要的捐助人见面 |
[00:12] | Why us? | 为什么找我们 |
[00:14] | Sheldon is an impressive addition to the physics program, | 毕竟谢尔顿为物理系增色不少 |
[00:17] | and-and we like our donors to feel really good | 我们也希望捐助者觉得 |
[00:20] | about where their money’s going. | 自己所投入的钱不会白费 |
[00:22] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[00:23] | Can I speak to you alone? | 我能和你单独聊聊吗 |
[00:24] | Will you give us a minute? | 你能回避一下吗 |
[00:26] | Very well. But if you’re looking to see | 好吧 但如果你是想看看 |
[00:27] | if my father will be a potential donor, | 我爸有没有可能捐钱 |
[00:29] | you are barking up the wrong tree. | 那你就真是异想天开了 |
[00:36] | People often ask why I was so resistant | 常有人问我 |
[00:38] | to getting a driver’s license. | 为什么这么抗拒去考个驾照 |
[00:40] | My spotty history with motor vehicles was certainly a factor. | 我乘坐交通工具碰到过的种种不快就是原因之一 |
[00:44] | Please slow down. | 请开慢一点 |
[00:45] | I’m going eight miles an hour. | 我的时速才每小时13公里 |
[00:47] | A cow just passed us. | 刚才有头牛都超我们车了 |
[00:48] | You’re gonna hit it! | 你要撞到了 |
[00:50] | Make it stop! | 快让它停下 |
[00:51] | It’s just a car wash. | 只是洗车机 |
[00:53] | – Do something! – It’s just a car wash. | -快做点什么啊 -只是洗车机 |
[00:55] | We’re gonna die! | 我们要死了 |
[00:57] | Just a car wash. | 只是洗车机啦 |
[00:58] | Why did I agree to this? | 我为什么同意玩这个 |
[00:59] | I don’t care for this at all. | 我对这个完全没兴趣啊 |
[01:08] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[01:10] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[01:12] | Yes, I think so. | 应该没事 |
[01:14] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:17] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:20] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:22] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:25] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:33] | Tow truck’s on the way. | 拖车在来的路上了 |
[01:36] | You sure we shouldn’t call an ambulance? | 你确定我们不用叫救护车来吗 |
[01:38] | I’m fine. Sheldon? | 我没事啦 谢尔顿你呢 |
[01:40] | I feel fine. | 我感觉也没事 |
[01:40] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[01:42] | Oh, a cat ran in front of me. | 一只猫跑到我们车前啦 |
[01:44] | You couldn’t stop? | 你不能踩刹车吗 |
[01:45] | I tried, but the brake just gave out. | 我试了啊 但是刹车没反应 |
[01:48] | Well, thank goodness it wasn’t worse. | 天啊 我们这也算不幸中的大幸了 |
[01:50] | I should have aimed for the cat. | 早知道就撞了那笨猫 |
[01:52] | Looks like your car’s gonna be out of commission for a while. | 看来你的车得送去修一阵子了 |
[01:54] | If you need a ride, the church offers a shuttle service. | 如果你需要人载 教会有免费的接驳车 |
[01:57] | I’m not getting on that geezer bus. | 我才不要坐那个老人专线呢 |
[02:00] | It’s just for people who can’t get around. | 那只是帮助行动不那么方便的人而已 |
[02:03] | That’s ’cause they’re so shriveled up, | 他们是因为人老太萎缩 |
[02:04] | they can’t even see over the steering wheel. | 缩到开车时都看不见前面了 |
[02:07] | That’s not nice. | 这话有点恶毒吧 |
[02:08] | I’ve driven that van– it is grim. | 我去开过那个接驳车 是挺死气沉沉 |
[02:10] | If Meemaw doesn’t have a car, who’s gonna drive me to college? | 如果姥姥的车坏了 那谁载我去上大学呢 |
[02:13] | I guess if we leave early, I could take you before work. | 如果我们早点出门 我可以在上班前送你过去 |
[02:16] | Hey, when you take the shuttle, bring hard candy. | 你坐接驳车的时候记得带一点硬糖 |
[02:19] | They gobble it up. | 他们特爱吃 |
[02:22] | I can’t believe you and Meemaw almost died tonight. | 我真不敢相信你和姥姥今晚差点就死了 |
[02:25] | I wouldn’t say we almost died. | 我不觉得我们差点要死 |
[02:26] | Well, that’s what I’m saying at school tomorrow. | 反正我明天去学校就要这么跟小伙伴炫 |
[02:28] | – Why? – It’s called good storytelling. | -为什么 -这叫说故事的技巧 |
[02:31] | – But it’s lying. – They don’t know that. | -但这不是说谎吗 -他们又不知道真相 |
[02:33] | You weren’t even in the car. | 你甚至都不在车上 |
[02:34] | Doesn’t matter. Shay McElheney’s dad had a kidney stone– | 无所谓 有个同学她爸爸有肾结石 |
[02:38] | she got out of homework for a week. | 老师免了她一周的作业呢 |
[02:40] | I can’t believe you’d use my traumatic experience | 我真不敢相信你用我的创伤经历 |
[02:42] | to manipulate people. | 来操控别人 |
[02:43] | Really? I can. | 你不敢信吗 我就敢啊 |
[02:46] | Hey, did the engine catch fire? | 引擎有着火吗 |
[02:47] | No! | 没有 |
[02:48] | You’re in shock. You don’t know what happened. | 你惊魂未定 并不知情全部经过 |
[02:50] | I might be a little late picking you up tonight, | 我今晚去接你可能会有点迟 |
[02:52] | so you can wait in the library. | 你到时候就在图书馆里等吧 |
[02:54] | – All right. – I didn’t have time to make lunch, so are you okay… | -好 -我来不及给你做午饭 所以你… |
[03:02] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[03:04] | What’s going on? | 怎么不上车 |
[03:06] | – I can’t do it. – What’s wrong? | -我没办法 -怎么啦 |
[03:07] | What if there’s another crash? | 万一又发生车祸怎么办 |
[03:09] | Baby, that’s not gonna happen again. | 宝贝 不会再发生的啦 |
[03:12] | You don’t know that. | 这你怎么能肯定 |
[03:14] | Sheldon, if you don’t get in right now, | 谢尔顿 你再不上车 |
[03:16] | you’re going to miss school. | 你今天就去不了学校 |
[03:17] | True. | 的确 |
[03:20] | I know you don’t believe in it, | 我知道你不信这个 |
[03:22] | but I’m gonna say an extra special prayer right now | 但我现在要特别祈祷一下 |
[03:24] | to keep us safe. | 来祈求保佑我们平安 |
[03:26] | Lord, | 主啊 |
[03:27] | please look after me and Sheldon on our drive to school… | 请保佑我和谢尔顿在去学校的路上… |
[03:34] | I’ll get back to you. | 我稍后再跟您继续说 |
[03:36] | – You see Sheldon? – That way. | -你有看到谢尔顿吗 -那边 |
[03:39] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[03:40] | He’s having some sort of panic attack. | 他有点恐慌发作 |
[03:42] | Oh, man. My story just keeps getting better. | 天啊 我的故事真是越来越精彩了 |
[03:53] | Baby, you can’t go the rest of your life | 宝贝 你不可能这辈子都 |
[03:55] | never getting in a car again. | 再也不坐车啊 |
[03:56] | Before cars were invented, people did it all the time. | 在汽车发明之前 人们都是这么过活的啊 |
[04:02] | Well, I’m not gonna force you. | 好吧 我不会逼你 |
[04:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:16] | I can’t get him in the car. | 我说服不了让他上车 |
[04:18] | So what now? | 那现在怎么办 |
[04:19] | So he’s not going to school. | 那他就不能去上学了啊 |
[04:21] | You know, on The A-Team, Mr. T is afraid to fly, | 你知道在《A字特攻队》里 T先生怕坐飞机 |
[04:24] | and they give him special milk to put him to sleep. | 他们就给他喝加料牛奶让他昏睡过去 |
[04:26] | Ooh. No! | 不行 |
[04:29] | I don’t care what your guy says. | 我才不管你的员工说了什么 |
[04:31] | Have him check it again. | 让他再检查一次 |
[04:35] | Sorry, I’m cranky. | 抱歉我有点暴躁 |
[04:36] | No problem. I like when you yell at people who aren’t me. | 没事 我喜欢看你吼我以外的人 |
[04:40] | Stupid mechanic said the brakes are just fine. | 白痴修车工说我的刹车没问题 |
[04:43] | Well, you probably stepped on the wrong pedal. | 有可能只是你踩错踏板啊 |
[04:45] | I didn’t. | 我才没有 |
[04:46] | I’m just saying, it happens with people our age, you know. | 我就这么一说 我们这年纪这挺常发生的 |
[04:49] | I’ve been driving my whole life. | 我开了一辈子的车了 |
[04:51] | I know which pedal is which. | 我知道哪个踏板是刹车 |
[04:53] | – Now you’re yelling at me. – Sorry. | -你现在开始在吼我了 -抱歉 |
[04:56] | What do you think about letting me borrow your truck today? | 你今天借我开你的货车如何 |
[04:59] | – I don’t know. – Why not? | -不好说 -为什么不 |
[05:01] | ‘Cause I like my truck. | 因为我不想失去我的货车 |
[05:02] | Not funny. | 不好笑好吗 |
[05:04] | It is. You’re just cranky. | 好笑啊 是你自己在不爽 |
[05:07] | Fine. | 行 |
[05:08] | Maybe I’ll just ride my bicycle to the salon. | 那我就自己骑自行车去发廊 |
[05:12] | You ride a bike? | 你会骑自行车吗 |
[05:14] | Is that amusing to you? | 你觉得这个好笑吗 |
[05:17] | An old lady riding a bike? | 一个老太婆骑脚踏车 |
[05:18] | Oh, no. | 才不好笑呢 |
[05:21] | – Shut up. – Okay, will do. | -闭上你的嘴 -好的 遵命 |
[05:29] | Oh, my goodness. Was anyone hurt? | 天啊 有人受伤吗 |
[05:31] | No. But now I got no car for a while. | 没有 不过我的车得过阵子才能回来 |
[05:34] | You could ride your bike. | 你可以骑你的自行车啊 |
[05:36] | An old lady on a bike? That’s not cool. | 老太婆骑车吗 一点都不酷 |
[05:39] | Really? Then I won’t ask how I look on one. | 真的吗 那我就不问我骑车时看起来如何了 |
[05:43] | You look great. | 看起来很不错啦 |
[05:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:45] | I just wanted to hear you say it. | 我就是想听你夸我一下 |
[05:48] | So, there’s no one who can lend you a car? | 所以没人能借你车吗 |
[05:50] | There is the church shuttle, | 教会有提供福利车 |
[05:52] | but that just feels like it’s the end of the line. | 但坐那个车就感觉人生到了尽头 |
[05:56] | Oh, I wouldn’t say that. | 我不这么觉得 |
[05:58] | There’s all sorts of depressing steps before the end. | 在尽头之前还有好多更致郁的步骤呢 |
[06:02] | You’ve got full-time nursing care. | 比如请全天候专人看护 |
[06:04] | Bye, John. | 约翰再见 |
[06:05] | Assisted living. | 去住协助生活机构 |
[06:07] | – Bye, John. – Hospice. | -约翰再见 -临终安宁疗护 |
[06:09] | – Bye, John. – Life support. | -约翰再见 -插管 |
[06:11] | Bye, John! | 约翰再见 |
[06:13] | Pulling the plug. | 拔管 |
[06:15] | – Bye, John. – Then… | -约翰再见 -然后 |
[06:17] | you make a miraculous recovery! | 奇迹般康复过来 |
[06:19] | – Great! – But… | -太好了 -但是… |
[06:21] | – the hospital bills leave you destitute! – Bye. | -医院账单令你穷困潦倒 -再见 |
[06:25] | Bye. | 再见 |
[06:31] | Grant Linkletter. | 我是格兰特·林克莱特 |
[06:33] | Dr. Linkletter, Sheldon Cooper. | 林克莱特博士 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[06:34] | I wanted to let you know I won’t be in class today. | 我想告诉你我今天不能去上课了 |
[06:37] | – Is everything all right? – Yes, | -你一切都还好吗 -还好 |
[06:38] | but in the interest of self-preservation, | 但为了要更好地保护我自己 |
[06:40] | I’ve decided to avoid traveling in motor vehicles. | 我决定今后要避免乘坐交通工具 |
[06:43] | I’m sure there’s a story behind that. | 我相信这背后必定是有一番故事 |
[06:45] | – There is. – I don’t want to hear it. | -的确 -但我不想听 |
[06:47] | So, how shall we handle today’s class? | 所以我们今天的课该这么处理呢 |
[06:50] | Well, I’m sure you can get notes from another student. | 我想你可以从别的学生那里借到笔记吧 |
[06:52] | Or you could give the lecture to me right now. | 或者你可以现在直接给我讲课 |
[06:54] | That’s preposterous. | 荒唐 |
[06:56] | Why? We could be creating a new model of education | 怎么会 我们可以是在开创全新的教育方式 |
[06:59] | where students could learn remotely. | 让学生们能够远端学习 |
[07:01] | It could be the wave of the future. | 说不定这会是未来的潮流呢 |
[07:03] | Sheldon, it’s your responsibility to come to class, | 谢尔顿 到学校上课是你的责任 |
[07:05] | not mine to bring the class to you. | 而不是我上赶着来给你教课 |
[07:07] | My meemaw gets cranky like this when she’s hungover. | 我姥姥宿醉的时候也像你这样暴躁 |
[07:10] | Is that what’s happening here? | 你也是因为这样才暴脾气吗 |
[07:14] | First Baptist of Medford. How may I bless you? | 梅德福第一浸信会教堂 有何能为您保佑 |
[07:16] | I thought Peg answered the phones. | 我还以为是佩佩负责接电话的呢 |
[07:19] | Mom? | 妈 |
[07:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:21] | Something I can help you with? | 你有什么事吗 |
[07:23] | No, it can wait. | 算了 不急 |
[07:25] | You want the number to the shuttle, don’t you? | 你想要问福利车的电话对不对 |
[07:28] | Yes. | 对 |
[07:29] | Let me get that for you. | 我这就找给你 |
[07:33] | Huh. Um, looking under “G” for “geezer bus,” | 电话簿里找”老”开头底下的”老人专线” |
[07:37] | and it’s not there. | 没找到耶 |
[07:38] | Oh, that’s hilarious. | 好好笑哦 |
[07:40] | Maybe it’s under “O” for “Old fogies.” | 或许是在”遗”字底下的”遗老” |
[07:42] | You know, you’re not being a very Christian person right now. | 你现在这种举动可算不上是好基督徒 |
[07:46] | I have enough prayers in the bank, I can coast for a day. | 我平常充值了很多祈祷了 松懈一天也没事 |
[07:48] | Just give me the number! | 给我号码少废话 |
[07:50] | All right. Now, remember when you call | 好啦 你打给他们的时候 |
[07:53] | to let them know if you need any help getting up stairs. | 记得让他们知道你需不需要协助上下楼 |
[07:56] | Dr. Linkletter wouldn’t give me what I wanted. | 林克莱特博士不愿意满足我的要求 |
[07:58] | I couldn’t tell on him to his mommy, | 我也不能去跟我妈告状 |
[08:00] | but I could to his “work mommy.” | 但我能去跟他的”职场妈妈”告状 |
[08:01] | Sheldon. What can I do for you? | 谢尔顿 有什么需要我帮忙的 |
[08:03] | I can’t make it to school today, | 我今天不能去学校上学了 |
[08:04] | and I’m concerned about the physics class I’m missing. | 我很烦恼我会错过物理课 |
[08:07] | And how come you’re not here? | 为什么你没来学校呢 |
[08:08] | I was in a car accident with my meemaw. | 我跟我姥姥发生了一场车祸 |
[08:10] | Oh, my God. Are you okay? | 天啊 你没事吧 |
[08:12] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[08:13] | I can’t believe you’d use my traumatic experience to manipulate people. | 我真不敢相信你用我的创伤经历来操控别人 |
[08:16] | Really? I can. | 你不敢信吗 我就敢啊 |
[08:18] | …and then her car had to get towed away. | 然后她的车还得请人来拖去修 |
[08:20] | It was quite a traumatic experience. | 给我心里带来了不小的阴影 |
[08:23] | Oh, you poor thing. | 你个可怜的小家伙 |
[08:24] | What can I do to help? | 我有什么能帮到你的 |
[08:26] | If you turn to page 78 in the textbook, | 请你翻到课本第78页 |
[08:29] | I’ll begin today’s lecture. | 我将会从这里开始上今天的课 |
[08:31] | We should come up with some kind of video system | 我们应该做出一种影像系统 |
[08:33] | so you can see when I raise my hand. | 这样你能看到我举手 |
[08:35] | Why don’t you just tell me? | 你直接跟我说不就好了吗 |
[08:36] | Let’s try it. Hand-raise. | 我们来试试 举手 |
[08:39] | Yes, Sheldon. | 怎么了 谢尔顿 |
[08:40] | That worked great. | 效果拔群 |
[08:44] | Hey, Connie. Waiting for the mail? | 康妮 在等信吗 |
[08:46] | – Yeah. You know me. – Yeah. | -是啊 你懂我的 -嗯 |
[08:49] | Something from Publishers Clearing House. | 是广告公司寄来的奖券 |
[08:51] | Maybe you won. | 或许你中奖了呢 |
[08:52] | – Yeah, wouldn’t that be something? – Yeah. | -要是真的就好了 -是啊 |
[08:54] | You know, people think | 有些人觉得 |
[08:55] | Publishers Clearing House is Ed McMahon, | 这广告公司就像游戏节目主持艾德 |
[08:58] | but that’s actually a different company. | 但其实那是另外一家公司啦 |
[08:59] | – Is that so? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对啊 |
[09:00] | Publishers Clearing House is the Prize Patrol | 这家广告商是专门把中奖的大支票 |
[09:02] | with the giant check. | 亲自送上门的节目 |
[09:04] | Ed McMahon… | 而艾德·麦克马洪… |
[09:04] | Well, it sure is nice talking to you, Edwin. Bye. | 跟你聊天真是有趣 爱德温 慢走不送 |
[09:09] | The church van. My grandma rides that sometimes. | 是教会福利车 我奶奶有时会搭那辆车 |
[09:11] | Edwin. Beat it. | 爱德温 给老娘消失 |
[09:14] | All right. Yep. | 好的 这就滚 |
[09:15] | One can choose the extended-zone scheme, | 可以选择扩展能区图式 |
[09:17] | the reduced-zone scheme or the… | 约化区图式 或是 |
[09:19] | – Hand-raise. – Yes? | -举手 -怎么 |
[09:20] | I set you up on speakerphone, | 我把你放免提了 |
[09:22] | so now it’s really like I’m learning in the future. | 所以现在我真的像在未来学习 |
[09:24] | May I continue? | 我可以继续吗 |
[09:25] | Ahead warp factor five. | 比曲速五级还快 |
[09:27] | That’s from Star Trek, which is also in the future. | 那出自《星际旅行》 也是未来的事物 |
[09:31] | – Connie Tucker? – Yeah. | -你是康妮·塔克吗 -是 |
[09:33] | Give me one second. I’ll help you in. | 稍等一下 我扶你上车 |
[09:34] | No, no, I don’t need your help. I can get it myself. | 不 我不用你帮忙 我自己能上去 |
[09:39] | She opened that door by herself. | 她居然凭一己之力开了车门 |
[09:41] | Looks like we got a feisty one. | 看样子来了个脾气火爆的 |
[09:43] | Don’t test me. | 别测试老娘的底线 |
[09:46] | Oh, yeah, she’s feisty. | 她的确不好惹 |
[09:47] | – What? – She’s feisty! | -什么 -她不好惹啦 |
[09:53] | What? | 什么 |
[10:03] | Vern. | 我叫弗恩 |
[10:06] | Connie. | 我是康妮 |
[10:06] | Where you headed, Connie? | 你要去哪 康妮 |
[10:08] | Stop flirting with her. | 别跟她调情了 |
[10:10] | I’m not flirting with her. I was being cordial. | 我没有跟她调情啊 只是示好 |
[10:13] | I’m Hortense, | 我是霍顿丝 |
[10:14] | his wife, which, clearly, he seems to have forgotten. | 他老婆 但很明显他已经忘了 |
[10:17] | Judas Priest, give it a rest. | 天老爷啊 不要再说了 |
[10:19] | That’s Doris. | 那位是朵莉丝 |
[10:20] | – Hello, Doris. – What? | -你好 朵莉丝 -什么 |
[10:22] | Turn on your hearing aid. | 打开助听器啦 |
[10:26] | It’s nice to meet y’all. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[10:27] | And to answer your question, I’m headed to the salon. | 回答你刚才的问题 我要去发廊 |
[10:30] | Oh, fancy. | 好高级哦 |
[10:32] | We’re headed to the pharmacy. | 我们要去药房 |
[10:36] | Seven pills a day. | 我每天要吃七颗药 |
[10:38] | You take nine– clearly one ain’t working. | 你要吃九颗 显然有一颗没起效 |
[10:41] | Okay, I’m on. What’d I miss? | 我开助听器了 你们刚聊了什么 |
[10:44] | She’s headed to the salon! | 她要去发廊呢 |
[10:46] | Ooh, fancy. | 好高级哦 |
[11:00] | Cooper residence. | 这里是库珀家 |
[11:01] | Sheldon, President Hagemeyer again. | 谢尔顿 又是我 哈格迈尔校长 |
[11:04] | Just calling to make sure it all worked out with Dr. Linkletter. | 就是打来确认你和林克莱特博士没问题 |
[11:07] | Yes, everything went quite well. | 嗯 一切都进行得很顺利 |
[11:09] | Although he was a tad irritable. | 虽然他有点烦躁 |
[11:11] | Maybe because I ripped him a new one. | 可能是因为我把他骂得狗血淋头 |
[11:13] | – A new what? – Not important. | -什么血 -不重要 |
[11:15] | Uh, whatever you need for classes, | 不管你上课有什么需要 |
[11:18] | you just say the word. | 都直说就好 |
[11:19] | I suppose it could be helpful if I could dial into the university’s server | 如果我能拨号登上大学的服务器 同时继续 |
[11:22] | while still on the phone with my professors. | 和我的教授们通电话的话 会很有帮助 |
[11:25] | Like a second phone line? | 你是指增加一条电话线吗 |
[11:27] | We can take care of that. | 我们能搞定 |
[11:28] | Well, as my meemaw would say, | 借用一句我姥姥爱说的话 |
[11:29] | “Aren’t you just a spoonful of sugar?” | “你真是和砂糖一样甜” |
[11:33] | Who is he talking to all this time? | 他跟谁聊了那么久电话 |
[11:36] | And if there’s anything else you need, you just let me know. | 如果你还有别的需要 尽管跟我说 |
[11:39] | I can’t think of anything except that I wanted | 我暂时想要的就只有 |
[11:41] | Strawberry Quik and my brother put the empty | 草莓速溶奶粉 以及我哥不要再 |
[11:42] | milk carton back in the fridge. | 把空牛奶盒放回冰箱 |
[11:44] | Ah, brothers, they’re the worst. | 兄弟最讨厌了 |
[11:47] | Mine’s an environmental activist. | 我兄弟是个环保活动家 |
[11:51] | And then they crashed into a tree. | 然后他们撞到树上 |
[11:52] | – Oh, no! – The engine caught fire. | -不会吧 -引擎着火了 |
[11:55] | My goodness, is everyone okay? | 天啊 大家都没事吧 |
[11:56] | Thankfully, yes. | 幸好没事 |
[11:57] | But I was pretty shook up. | 但我吓得不轻 |
[12:00] | Well, don’t worry about that test today. | 你别管今天的考试了 |
[12:03] | Thank you for understanding. | 谢谢你的理解 |
[12:06] | Oh, and where are we on homework tonight? | 对了 那今晚的作业是不是也… |
[12:09] | – Don’t push it. – Right. | -别得寸进尺 -好吧 |
[12:12] | Hey, I’m just gonna run Doris into the bank. | 各位 我送朵莉丝进银行 |
[12:14] | we’ll be back in a minute. | 我们很快就出来 |
[12:16] | Doris. Whoa. | 朵莉丝 |
[12:17] | You seem like you can get around, | 你看起来身子骨还很灵活啊 |
[12:20] | so why are you in this geezer-buggy? | 为什么要搭这个老人专线 |
[12:23] | I had a little car accident. | 我出了个小车祸 |
[12:25] | – Oh, no. – Ooh. Anybody get hurt? | -天啊 -有人受伤吗 |
[12:27] | Only the tree. | 只有树受伤了 |
[12:29] | Step on the wrong pedal? | 是不是把油门当刹车踩了 |
[12:30] | No. | 不是 |
[12:32] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[12:33] | Maybe, my ass. | 屁啦 别嘴硬了 |
[12:35] | Hey, that sort of thing happens. | 那种事时有发生啦 |
[12:38] | He drove into all kinds of stuff | 他车钥匙被没收前 |
[12:40] | before they took his keys away. | 也撞到过各种各样的东西 |
[12:42] | Remember the goose? | 你记得那只鹅吗 |
[12:43] | Feathers everywhere. | 鹅毛飘得一地都是 |
[12:45] | Huh. I just think it’d kill me | 如果我像那样 |
[12:47] | to lose my independence like that. | 失去自主性 会生无可恋的 |
[12:49] | Oh, it’s not so bad. | 也没那么糟啦 |
[12:50] | Sometimes Clayton takes us to the park. | 有时克莱顿会带我们去公园 |
[12:53] | Like dogs. | 像遛狗一样 |
[12:54] | I got places to go– | 我有很多地方要去 |
[12:56] | bowling league, water aerobics, | 保龄球团体 水中有氧运动 |
[12:57] | I drive my grandson to college. | 我还开车载我外孙去大学 |
[12:59] | Why can’t he drive himself? | 他自己为什么不开车 |
[13:01] | Well, he’s 11. | 他才11岁 |
[13:02] | – Wha…? – 11 and in college? | -什么 -11岁就读大学 |
[13:05] | He’s special. | 他很特别 |
[13:06] | Our grandson is 27. | 我们的外孙27岁了 |
[13:09] | Mm, he may be the other kind of special. | 他可能是蠢得很特别 |
[13:21] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[13:22] | In my room. | 在我房间 |
[13:26] | I saw a truck outside. | 我看见外面有辆卡车 |
[13:27] | what’s wrong with the phone? | 电话出什么问题了 |
[13:28] | Nothing. Oh. | 一点问题都没有 |
[13:30] | Adding a second line. | 他在加装一条电话线 |
[13:32] | I’m almost done here. Just got to hop up on the roof. | 快装好了 再上屋顶弄一下就行了 |
[13:34] | Hold on. You can’t just add another phone line without asking. | 等一下 你不能不问过我就加装电话线啊 |
[13:39] | I didn’t do it. The university did. | 不是我加的 是大学加的 |
[13:41] | – Why would they do that? – I asked them to. | -他们为什么要这么做 -是我提的要求 |
[13:43] | Are you some sort of special kid? | 你是不是那种特别的天才儿童 |
[13:45] | You have no idea. | 超乎你想象 |
[13:47] | Shouldn’t you be up on the roof? | 你不是要上屋顶吗 |
[13:50] | You can’t just ask the university for things. | 你不能随便叫大学满足你的要求 |
[13:53] | President Hagemeyer seemed so happy to help. | 哈格迈尔校长似乎很乐意帮忙 |
[13:55] | Why rob her of that? | 何必剥夺她的快乐呢 |
[13:57] | Sheldon, you are going to have | 谢尔顿 迟早有一天 |
[13:59] | to get in a car again eventually. | 你得再坐进车里 |
[14:01] | It’s not looking like it. | 看样子没可能了 |
[14:04] | This isn’t over. | 这事还没完 |
[14:08] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[14:09] | – Grocery delivery for Sheldon Cooper? – What is it? | -送给谢尔顿·库珀的杂货 -都有什么 |
[14:12] | Looks like milk, straws and three cans of Strawberry Quik. | 似乎有牛奶 吸管还有三罐草莓速溶奶粉 |
[14:15] | Oh, boy. | 妈呀 |
[14:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:19] | Would you tip him? | 你能给他小费吗 |
[14:19] | I’m a little light. | 我手头紧 |
[14:21] | So, I was singing karaoke with my girlfriend | 当时我和我女性朋友在唱卡拉OK |
[14:25] | who used to be married to the guy I’m currently dating. | 她是我现任男友的前妻 |
[14:28] | What the heck is a karaoke? | 卡拉OK是什么东东 |
[14:30] | It’s when you stand up and sing | 就是在酒吧站出来 |
[14:31] | in front of everybody at the bar. | 在所有人面前唱歌 |
[14:33] | You’re like a Las Vegas showgirl. | 你是类似赌城歌舞女郎吧 |
[14:35] | Oh, no, no, anybody can do it. | 不是啦 谁都能唱的 |
[14:37] | – I’ll take you sometime. – Oh, please. Can we? | -改天带你们去啊 -拜托了 我们可以去吗 |
[14:40] | – Well, could I sing “Blue Suede Shoes”? – You bet. | -那我能唱《蓝色麂皮鞋》吗 -当然 |
[14:43] | You better turn your hearing aid down for that one. | 她高歌时你最好把助听器调小声 |
[14:46] | You got that right. | 没错 |
[14:47] | Tell me, when was the last time | 告诉我 你们上一次 |
[14:49] | you went and got all dolled up at a salon? | 去发廊打扮得美美的是什么时候 |
[14:51] | I don’t even remember. | 我都不记得了 |
[14:53] | It’s been years. | 好多年了 |
[14:54] | Does it look like I go to a salon? | 你看我这发型 像是常去发廊吗 |
[14:56] | We’re going now. | 我们现在就去 |
[14:58] | I’m gonna take you, and it’s on me. | 老娘带你们去 我请客 |
[15:00] | This is exciting. | 心情好澎湃啊 |
[15:02] | It’s a good thing I got my heart pills. | 幸好我带了心脏病药 |
[15:07] | Hello. | 喂 |
[15:08] | Hi. This is Linda Hagemeyer from the university. | 你好 我是大学的琳达·哈格迈尔 |
[15:10] | Is this Mrs. Cooper? | 你是库珀太太吗 |
[15:12] | – Yes, it is. – Excellent. | -是的 -太好了 |
[15:14] | Did the Strawberry Quik arrive? | 草莓速溶奶粉送到了吗 |
[15:16] | As a matter of fact, it did. | 还真送到了 |
[15:18] | Sounds like nasty stuff, but, hey, | 这玩意听起来很恶心 不过 |
[15:20] | whatever floats the little guy’s boat, right? | 只要是那小家伙喜欢的就好 对吧 |
[15:22] | Listen, I appreciate that you value Sheldon at your school. | 听着 我很感谢贵校如此器重谢尔顿 |
[15:26] | – Love him. – But I am trying to raise him | -是爱死他 -但我想把他养育成 |
[15:29] | to be a well-rounded individual who will get in a car. | 一个全面发展 敢坐进车里的人 |
[15:33] | Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that. | 这我倒不担心 |
[15:35] | Academia draws all kinds of eccentrics. | 学术界吸引了各种各样的怪人 |
[15:38] | Yeah, we’ve got a biology professor | 我们这有位生物教授 |
[15:40] | who hasn’t cut his nails in years. | 有好多年没剪过指甲 |
[15:42] | Ugh. Looks like Edward Scissorhands. | 跟剪刀手爱德华没两样 |
[15:44] | That is not what I want for my son. | 我可不希望我儿子变成这样 |
[15:49] | Do you have children? | 你有孩子吗 |
[15:51] | No, but thanks for bringing it up. | 没有 但谢谢你提起这个尴尬话题 |
[15:53] | Anyway, I would like Sheldon to function in society, | 总之 我希望谢尔顿能在社会正常生活 |
[15:57] | and it does not help if you give him everything that he asks for. | 如果他要什么你都给他 那可毫无帮助 |
[16:01] | I’m just doing my job. | 我只是在尽我的职责 |
[16:04] | And I am just doing mine. | 我也是尽一个母亲的职责 |
[16:08] | Understood. | 明白了 |
[16:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:10] | Oh, and, um, in a few minutes, | 对了 几分钟后 |
[16:12] | my assistant is gonna be dropping off a big old basket of Star Trek tapes. | 我助手会送去一大篮子《星际旅行》录像带 |
[16:17] | I’m afraid it’s too late for me to pump the brakes on that one. | 恐怕这件事我来不及刹车了 |
[16:30] | – Sarah did a real nice job on my cuticles. – Yeah. | -莎拉帮我去角质去得很干净 -是啊 |
[16:33] | So where we headed next? And don’t say dinner. | 我们接下来去哪 千万别说吃晚饭 |
[16:35] | Oh, but it’s almost 4:00. | 可是快四点了 |
[16:37] | – What?! – It’s almost 4:00. | -什么 -快四点了 |
[16:40] | Ooh, dinnertime. | 该吃晚饭啦 |
[16:42] | Just get in. | 给我上车 |
[16:44] | Ooh. She’s like a muscle man. | 她健壮如猛男呢 |
[16:48] | – Move on over, Doris. – What? | -挪过去一点 朵莉丝 -什么 |
[16:57] | My mother eventually coaxed me | 我妈妈最终还是用 |
[16:58] | back into a car with a trip to RadioShack. | 去睿侠电器行这借口哄骗我上了车 |
[17:01] | She knew I was nervous | 她知道我很紧张 |
[17:02] | so she came up with an interesting distraction. | 所以她想出个很有趣的办法来转移我注意力 |
[17:05] | Baby, how about we play a car game? | 宝贝 不如我们来玩乘车游戏 |
[17:07] | I suppose. Can I make it science-based? | 行吧 能不能与科学有关的 |
[17:11] | – Sure. – I’ll say an element starting with “A,” | -没问题 -我说一个A开头的元素 |
[17:13] | then you repeat that and add one starting with “B.” | 你复述之后再说一个B开头的化学元素 |
[17:16] | – I don’t think I’ll get very far. – Great. | -我应该撑不了太久 -很好 |
[17:18] | Then I’ll win. Aluminum. | 那我赢定了 铝 |
[17:20] | Okay, uh, you said “A” for aluminum. | 好吧 你说了A开头的铝 |
[17:25] | – “B.” Is boron an element? – Yes. | -到B 硼是化学元素吗 -是的 |
[17:29] | It was the beginning of a new tradition. | 这是一个新传统的开始 |
[17:31] | One that would eventually bring countless hours of joy | 最终这会给我和莱纳德的上班路途 |
[17:34] | to Leonard on our drives to work. | 带来无数小时的快乐 |
[17:36] | Much like my mother, he never beat me. | 他和我妈妈一样 一次都没赢过我 |
[17:40] | I don’t know an element that starts with “D.” | 我不知道D开头有什么化学元素 |
[17:42] | I win. That was fun. | 我赢了 真好玩 |
[17:43] | Round two. Argon. | 第二轮 氩 |