时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Did we talk about going home from the bar together? Sure. | 有没有说过要一起从酒吧回家 有 |
[00:05] | But nothing actually happened. | 可是实际上并没发生什么 |
[00:06] | Kind of feels like it. | 感觉有点不妥 |
[00:07] | It does feel like it. | 确实 |
[00:09] | Why does it feel like it? | 为什么会有这种感觉 |
[00:11] | – Hi, Mary. – Hey, John. | -你好啊 玛丽 -你好啊 约翰 |
[00:13] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么会在这里 |
[00:14] | Well, I lost my job, | 我最近刚丢了工作嘛 |
[00:16] | so, while I’m figuring things out, I’m a bag boy. | 所以我就想试试新工作 来当超市小弟 |
[00:19] | Aren’t you a little overqualified? | 这是不是有点大材小用了 |
[00:22] | Very. | 非常 |
[00:23] | You’ve got a PhD. | 你有博士学位 |
[00:25] | You’re the smartest person here. | 你是在座最聪明的人 |
[00:27] | Well… | 这不好说 |
[00:31] | In physics, | 在物理学里 |
[00:32] | potential energy is a fascinating topic. | 势能是很有趣的一个主题 |
[00:36] | Objects like springs store energy when they’re coiled, | 比如弹簧被压住时 能储存所有的能量 |
[00:39] | waiting to unleash their full potential and soar to the heavens. | 直到有机会将其全部释放 一飞冲天 |
[00:45] | Would you look at me go! | 快看我冲上云霄的样子 |
[00:49] | Even in toy form, I’m shooting for the stars. | 哪怕是玩具版的我 也要飞到众生之上 |
[00:53] | While the potential energy of an object | 物体的势能 |
[00:55] | can be measured in absolutes, | 能被测量出绝对值 |
[00:57] | human potential remains more elusive. | 但人类的发展走势还是难以捉摸 |
[01:02] | Sometimes, people seem to have all the potential in the world, | 有时候某人有着无尽的潜能 |
[01:06] | but for some reason stay stuck to the ground. | 却不知为何 只能留在原地 |
[01:11] | But why are you wasting your time here | 为什么你要在这里浪费时间 |
[01:13] | when you could be doing science? | 浪费大好的科研时光呢 |
[01:14] | I told you, I’m happy here. | 我跟你说过了 我在这里很开心 |
[01:18] | How could you be happy? | 你在这里怎么会开心啊 |
[01:19] | You have a doctorate in physics, | 你有物理学博士学位 |
[01:20] | and you’re sticking labels to a case of beans. | 现在却在给豆子罐头贴价格 |
[01:22] | I had to work here a month | 我在这里工作满一个月 |
[01:24] | before they let me use this thing. | 他们才给我用贴标枪的资格 |
[01:26] | And yet, I could go buy a real gun on my lunch break. | 但只要我想要 午餐时间就能直接去买到真枪 |
[01:30] | Ha! Texas, huh? | 咱们德州可真有意思 |
[01:32] | But don’t you miss trying to unlock the secrets of the universe? | 难道你不怀念解开宇宙谜团的时光吗 |
[01:36] | Sheldon, I spent my life chasing theoreticals. | 谢尔顿 我这一生都在追着假设的理论 |
[01:40] | Here, I have tangible accomplishments | 但在这里 我有实际可见的成就 |
[01:43] | and I get to listen to relaxing Top 40 music. | 还能听到令人放松的榜单前40金曲 |
[01:46] | Do you know this band, Air Supply? | 你听过这个乐团吗 空中补给 |
[01:50] | They’re terrific. | 超赞耶 |
[01:51] | ♪ I’m all out of love ♪ | ♪ 我对你深爱如许 ♪ |
[01:53] | ♪ I’m so lost without you ♪ | ♪ 没有你我失去了方向 ♪ |
[01:56] | ♪ I know you were right ♪ | ♪ 我知道你是对的 ♪ |
[01:58] | ♪ Believing… ♪ | ♪ 一直相信… ♪ |
[01:59] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:02] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:04] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:07] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:10] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:21] | What kind of things you and Darlene do when, | 你跟老婆出去约会时 |
[02:23] | you know, you go out on a date? | 你们都做些什么啊 |
[02:26] | All kinds of stuff. | 那可太多了 |
[02:27] | But it doesn’t matter what we do | 但做什么其实不是重点 |
[02:28] | as long as we’re together. | 只要有对方的陪伴就行 |
[02:30] | Looking for a thing to do here. | 我想要的是个明确的活动 |
[02:32] | All right. | 行吧 |
[02:33] | Nice to see you’re thinking about your wife. | 很高兴看到你终于愿意为老婆花心思了 |
[02:36] | I’m trying. | 我在努力中 |
[02:38] | Darlene and I love to go line dancing. | 我跟达琳很喜欢去跳排舞 |
[02:39] | – Next. – Let’s see. | -下一项 -我想想 |
[02:42] | There’s the Roundabout. | 也可以去环岛啊 |
[02:43] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[02:44] | It’s a roller rink. | 是一家溜冰场 |
[02:46] | They have cool lights and a DJ. | 有酷炫灯光跟DJ打碟 |
[02:48] | It’s like a disco. | 跟迪斯科一样 |
[02:50] | So, when I said no to line dancing, | 所以我刚说完不去跳排舞 |
[02:51] | you thought, “Let’s put George on wheels.” | 你就觉得”那让乔治溜滚轮吧” |
[02:54] | Take her bowling. | 带她去打保龄球 |
[02:59] | – I don’t want to take her bowling. – Fine. | -我不想带她打保龄球 -行吧 |
[03:01] | But it doesn’t matter where you go. | 但去哪里真的不是重点 |
[03:02] | She’s just gonna be happy you’re trying. | 她看到你那么有心就会开心了 |
[03:05] | I hope so. | 希望吧 |
[03:06] | It’s nice to see I’m finally rubbing off on you. | 好高兴我终于影响到你了 |
[03:08] | I am capable of being a decent husband. | 我本来自己也能当个好老公好吗 |
[03:10] | Oh, of course you are. | 对对对 你当然能 |
[03:12] | Don’t patronize me. | 少跟我阴阳怪气 |
[03:14] | I could stop, but then what will we have left? | 我如果停下 我们之间还剩下什么呢 |
[03:18] | Well, we don’t carry hockey skates. | 我们这里不卖冰球鞋 |
[03:20] | Uh, heck, I know of a place up north | 靠 我想起北边有个地方 |
[03:23] | where you can find them. | 肯定有在卖 |
[03:24] | It’s called Canada. | 那里叫加拿大 |
[03:29] | You’re early. | 你怎么早来了 |
[03:30] | I was sitting in algebra and realized, | 我代数课上到一半时突然意识到 |
[03:32] | don’t know what “X” is, don’t care what “X” is. | 我根本不懂X是什么 也不在乎X是啥 |
[03:34] | Boy, I hear “Ex” and I think of a woman | 这发音跟前任一样 你一说 |
[03:37] | who took half my stuff. | 就让我想到拿走我一半财产的女人 |
[03:39] | – That’s my problem. – Mind if I change? | -这是我的问题 -不介意我去换衣服吧 |
[03:42] | Yeah, please, go right ahead. | 当然 您请自便 |
[03:43] | Why else would I have a private bathroom? | 我这私人洗手间不就是为您而设的吗 |
[03:46] | Thanks. | 谢啦 |
[03:50] | – Did you like school? – Hated it. | -你以前喜欢上学吗 -讨厌 |
[03:52] | I quit and I joined the Army. | 所以辍学去参军了 |
[03:54] | How was that? | 那里如何 |
[03:56] | Less girls, more getting shot at. | 妹子稀缺 但枪林弹雨 |
[03:59] | Well, at least you made it out alive. | 至少你活着回来了 |
[04:01] | Well, then I got married. | 回来之后我就结婚了 |
[04:02] | Made me kind of miss getting shot at. | 那令我开始怀念在枪林弹雨中的日子 |
[04:05] | Have you ever been happy? | 你这一生有开心过吗 |
[04:06] | Ooh, let’s see. | 我想想啊 |
[04:09] | No. | 没有 |
[04:12] | Could you not do that in front of me? | 你可以别在我面前扎裤子吗 |
[04:23] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮忙 |
[04:25] | Why are you in my car? | 你为什么在我车里 |
[04:26] | Well, I was waiting outside, | 我本来是在外面等你 |
[04:27] | but then an angry squirrel forced me to seek shelter. | 但有一只愤怒的松鼠令我不得不找地方躲 |
[04:30] | What do you want? | 你找我干嘛 |
[04:31] | I need you to talk to Dr. Sturgis. | 我想请你去跟斯特吉斯博士聊聊 |
[04:33] | He’s wasting his time working in a grocery store. | 他在超市里打工虚度光阴 |
[04:35] | – Oh, then the rumor is true? – Yes. | -那个谣言是真的啊 -是的 |
[04:38] | Good, I spread it heavily at the faculty mixer. | 那就好 我之前在系酒会疯狂传谣呢 |
[04:41] | Well, please. | 拜托了 |
[04:43] | He won’t listen to me. | 他都不听我说 |
[04:44] | I’m hoping you can talk some sense into him. | 我希望你能让他想通这件事 |
[04:46] | Sheldon, he’s a grown man. | 谢尔顿 他是个成年人 |
[04:48] | Perhaps in a little apron with a nametag– is how I’m picturing it. | 我还猜他有穿小围兜与挂名牌 |
[04:51] | – That’s exactly right. – Excellent. | -没错 -太好了 又中 |
[04:53] | So, will you talk to him? | 那你能去跟他聊聊吗 |
[04:55] | Look, if he doesn’t want to come back, | 如果他真的下定决心不想回来 |
[04:56] | I certainly can’t force him. | 我也逼不了他 |
[04:58] | But he’s wasting his potential. | 但他这是在浪费天赋啊 |
[05:01] | I’m just curious, if he were to come back, | 我好奇问一下 如果他真的回来了 |
[05:04] | would you spend more time with him, | 你会多多去找他 |
[05:05] | and therefore less time with me? | 然后减少来找我吗 |
[05:07] | I suppose so. Why? | 大概会吧 为什么这么问 |
[05:08] | No reason. Get out. | 没什么 滚下车吧 |
[05:14] | John. | 约翰 |
[05:15] | Hello, Grant. What brings you here? | 你好啊 格兰特 你怎么来了 |
[05:18] | Well, I’m here to convince you to come back to the university. | 我是来说服你重回大学的 |
[05:20] | A mind like yours needs to be working on the advancement of science. | 你的才华应该用在科学的进步上 |
[05:24] | Well, I did that for 50 years. | 我已经那么做了50年 |
[05:26] | Now I’m content just keeping these cucumbers crunchy. | 现在让黄瓜保持爽脆我就很满足了 |
[05:29] | But exciting new things are happening in string theory. | 但弦理论领域有令人振奋的新东西呢 |
[05:32] | Don’t you want to be a part of that? | 你难道不想置身其中吗 |
[05:33] | Wasting years scrambling away at the academic hamster wheel? | 把生命再投入到学术的无尽仓鼠轮里吗 |
[05:38] | Constantly worried | 总是得担心 |
[05:40] | that your life’s work is just one big dead end? | 你一生研究的终点是条死路 |
[05:44] | Sure, some paths of research may not pan out, | 的确 某些研究道路最后通向死路 |
[05:47] | but we still have to try, right? | 但我们应该另辟蹊径啊 |
[05:49] | Do we? | 应该吗 |
[05:50] | – Of course. – I don’t know. | -当然 -我不知道耶 |
[05:53] | Einstein spent the last 30 years of his life | 爱因斯坦把他最后30年的光阴用在 |
[05:55] | on the grand unified field theory and got nowhere. | 大统一场论上 最后一无所获 |
[06:00] | Well, I wouldn’t say nowhere, | 我觉得不算一无所获啦 |
[06:02] | but I suppose he never did crack it. | 不过他的确是也没解开 |
[06:04] | And to this day, no one has. | 直到今日 也没人解开 |
[06:06] | True. | 的确 |
[06:07] | In fact, most of his major accomplishments occurred | 其实 他人生大多数的成就 |
[06:10] | when he was a young man, | 都是在他年轻时达到的 |
[06:11] | which you and I most certainly are not. | 而我跟你绝对不是那年纪的人了 |
[06:16] | Sometimes I look in the mirror and I think, “Who is that?” | 有时候我望向镜子 会想”那是谁啊” |
[06:21] | Would you like to give these cucumbers a spritz? | 你想来给这些黄瓜撒个水吗 |
[06:25] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[06:27] | Do you sell liquor here? | 你们这里卖酒吗 |
[06:31] | You wanted to see me? | 你要找我吗 |
[06:33] | Actually, I wanted to see you yesterday, | 其实我昨天就想找你 |
[06:34] | but you weren’t in school. | 但你昨天不在学校 |
[06:37] | You noticed that, huh? | 被你发现啦 |
[06:38] | I’ve noticed it a lot lately. | 我最近常常都发现到了 |
[06:41] | Level with me, son. | 跟我实话实说吧 |
[06:42] | Is it drinking? Drugs? | 是酒瘾还是毒瘾 |
[06:46] | Actually, it’s work. | 其实是去打工了 |
[06:48] | Oh. I don’t think I have a pamphlet for that. | 我好像没有这事的小手册 |
[06:51] | You sure you didn’t get a girl in trouble? | 你确定你没给女生惹上麻烦吗 |
[06:55] | You will at some point, just take it. | 你总有一天会 先拿着吧 |
[06:57] | My boss has been letting me pick up some extra hours. | 我老板最近同意让我多上一点班 |
[07:00] | You just can’t ditch school. | 你也不能就这么不上学啊 |
[07:02] | It’s not like I’m going to college. | 我之后又不去上大学 |
[07:04] | Son, a diploma’s important. | 高中文凭也很重要啊 |
[07:06] | Why? | 重要在哪 |
[07:07] | At least at work I’m getting actual experience | 我去打工好歹能有实际工作经验 |
[07:09] | and making money. | 还能赚到钱 |
[07:11] | Well, you saying you’re gonna drop out? | 你难不成是想要辍学吗 |
[07:14] | I guess I am. | 看来是吧 |
[07:16] | Does your father know about this? | 你爸爸知道这件事吗 |
[07:18] | No. | 不知道 |
[07:19] | Don’t you think you should tell him? | 你不觉得应该先告诉他吗 |
[07:20] | I don’t really want to. | 我不是很想说 |
[07:22] | Well, if you don’t tell him, I’m going to. | 你不去跟他说 那我就要去说了 |
[07:25] | That’d be great. | 那真是帮我省了事 |
[07:26] | You’re the best. | 你真是太好了 |
[07:32] | You never know. | 万一呢 |
[07:44] | You look nice. | 你打扮地好漂亮啊 |
[07:46] | Oh, no, are we going to church? | 惨了 我们不会是要去教堂吧 |
[07:48] | No, your father and I have a date night. | 不是 我跟你爸爸今晚要去约会 |
[07:50] | Why? Don’t you have enough kids? | 为什么 你们生三个了还不够吗 |
[07:53] | That is not what date night means. | 约会不是那个意思 |
[07:55] | Georgie here? | 小乔治在家吗 |
[07:56] | He’s in his room. | 他在房间里 |
[07:57] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[07:59] | – George? – Oh, good, more drama. | -乔治 -大戏又要上演了 |
[08:04] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你是有什么毛病啊 |
[08:05] | What is going on? | 到底怎么了嘛 |
[08:06] | He’s dropping out of school. | 他想要辍学 |
[08:08] | What?! Oh, no, you’re not. | 什么 你想都别想 |
[08:10] | It’s not a big deal. | 这又不是什么大事 |
[08:11] | You better believe it’s a big deal. | 你听好 这事可大了 |
[08:13] | You are finishing high school, end of discussion. | 你绝对得读完高中 谈都没得谈 |
[08:16] | It’s my life. | 我的人生我做主 |
[08:17] | It’s my house. | 我的房子我做主 |
[08:18] | If you’re don’t go to school, you can’t live here. | 如果你不去上学 你就不准住这里 |
[08:20] | Hold on, we are not kicking him out. | 等等 我们也不能赶他出去啊 |
[08:23] | The hell we’re not! | 不赶个大头鬼 |
[08:24] | I’ll pack right now. | 我现在就收拾东西 |
[08:25] | Stop, you don’t have to go. | 别收了 你不用搬走啊 |
[08:28] | Yes, he does. My house, my rules. | 当然得走 我的房子我说了算 |
[08:30] | It is my house, too. | 这也是我的房子啊 |
[08:32] | – Oh, really? – Yes, really. | -是吗 -那当然 |
[08:36] | Is Dale here? | 戴尔在这里吗 |
[08:37] | Yeah, what’s up? | 在啊 怎么了 |
[08:39] | I would like to have a word with him. | 我想跟他好好”聊两句” |
[08:41] | Better him than me. Have at it. | 好过跟我聊 你随意 |
[08:44] | Dale, Mary coming in hot! | 戴尔 玛丽火气十足 |
[08:47] | Did you tell Georgie to drop out of school? | 你煽动小乔治辍学了吗 |
[08:49] | What? No. | 什么 没有啊 |
[08:51] | Well, he did, and you had something to do with it. | 他要辍学的事绝对跟你有关 |
[08:55] | Well, no, he was just complaining about school | 没有吧 他来跟我抱怨学校 |
[08:57] | and I told him I dropped out. | 我说我当年辍学了而已 |
[08:59] | Dale, | 戴尔 |
[09:00] | you know that he looks up to you. | 你知道他很崇拜你 |
[09:01] | He does, doesn’t he? | 他的确是很崇拜我啊 |
[09:02] | Which is why you need to tell him | 所以你得告诉他 |
[09:04] | that he is making a big mistake. | 他这是在犯大错误 |
[09:06] | Oh, I don’t think I can do that. | 我做不到 |
[09:08] | Why not? | 为什么做不到 |
[09:09] | Well, I don’t believe he is. | 我没觉得他犯了什么错啊 |
[09:12] | How could you say that? | 你凭什么这么觉得 |
[09:14] | I did it, worked out fine. | 我当年也辍学 现在还不是好好的 |
[09:16] | Will you back me up here, please? | 能麻烦你帮忙我说两句吗 |
[09:19] | I agree with him. | 我同意他说的话 |
[09:21] | You do? | 你同意吗 |
[09:22] | You do? | 你同意啊 |
[09:23] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[09:25] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[09:26] | The kid’s a natural salesman. | 那孩子很有销售的天赋 |
[09:28] | I mean, school’s not gonna help with that. | 学校又加强不了他这点 |
[09:31] | So, you are fine with your grandson throwing his life away | 所以你不介意你外孙抛弃前途 |
[09:34] | so that he can sell fishing rods and baseball bats? | 好一辈子卖鱼竿跟棒球棍吗 |
[09:38] | Excuse me, those fishing rods provided | 不好意思 那些鱼竿 |
[09:40] | a nice life for me and my family. | 可是给我跟家人带来了很不错的生活 |
[09:42] | What family? | 你哪有什么家人 |
[09:44] | You’re divorced, and your kids don’t talk to you. | 你离了婚 孩子跟你断绝往来 |
[09:47] | Help me out here. | 帮我说两句 |
[09:48] | A diploma would not have made his life better. | 有高中毕业证也不会让他混得更好 |
[09:51] | Thank you. What she said. | 谢谢 如她所说 |
[09:55] | She really took his side? | 她真的站他那边吗 |
[09:57] | I don’t want to talk about that. | 我不想谈这个 |
[09:58] | I thought you two had date night. | 我还以为你俩今晚要约会 |
[10:00] | I don’t want to talk about that, either. | 我也不想谈这个 |
[10:01] | Why isn’t Georgie eating with us? | 小乔治为什么不和我们吃饭 |
[10:03] | Let’s talk about anything else. | 不聊这个 聊任何别的都行 |
[10:05] | Ooh. Perhaps this is a good time for a physics joke. | 那现在应该是讲物理笑话的好时候 |
[10:08] | It isn’t. | 并不 |
[10:08] | That’s the cool thing about physics, time is relative. | 这正是物理酷的地方 时间是相对的 |
[10:11] | Okay, here we go. | 好了 我要讲了 |
[10:12] | Why was the pirate worried that his shoes were less than “H”? | 为什么海盗会怕他的鞋宽小于”H”码 |
[10:17] | Because he had to walk the Planck. | 因为海盗得走木板桥[普朗克常数] |
[10:21] | Get it? Because Max Planck is | 明白了吗 因为马克斯·普朗克 |
[10:23] | a famous physicist who discovered a constant | 是著名的物理学家 他发现了普朗克常数 |
[10:25] | which is represented by “H.” And then he… | 用字母”H”表示 然后他… |
[10:26] | If Georgie’s kicked out, can I have his room? | 如果小乔治被逐出家门 他的房间能归我吗 |
[10:29] | We are not kicking Georgie out. | 我们不会把小乔治赶出去的 |
[10:30] | You want to start this up again? | 你又要提这事吗 |
[10:32] | Or can we just be mad at your mom and Dale? | 还是我们生你妈和戴尔的气就好 |
[10:33] | – And Georgie. – Thank you. And Georgie. | -还有小乔治 -谢谢 还有小乔治 |
[10:35] | Let’s just eat. | 吃饭吧 |
[10:39] | So can anyone drop out or do you need to be a certain age? | 所以谁都能辍学吗 还是必须要达到一定年龄 |
[10:42] | You are not dropping out of school. | 你不许辍学 |
[10:43] | Until you’re 16– then they legally can’t stop you. | 等你满16岁 法律上他们就不能阻拦你了 |
[10:46] | Good to know. | 学到了 |
[10:47] | This is exactly what I was afraid of. | 这就是我担心的事 |
[10:50] | What do you want me to do about it? | 你想要我怎么做 |
[10:52] | I would encourage you to love and nurture the one child | 我会建议你们爱护并培养那个 |
[10:54] | you have who’s destined for success. | 命中注定会成功的小孩 |
[11:01] | Dale, it’s for you! | 戴尔 是找你的 |
[11:03] | What are you thinking?! | 你是怎么想的 |
[11:04] | I’m thinking I should’ve went home | 我在想在你老婆走之后 |
[11:06] | after your wife left. | 我就该回家 |
[11:07] | Georgie’s only got one more year of school, | 小乔治只剩一年就毕业了 |
[11:09] | and then he can do whatever he wants. | 然后他想做什么都可以 |
[11:11] | I don’t want to come between you and your family. | 我不想让你的家庭不合 |
[11:13] | Too late. | 为时已晚了 |
[11:14] | Listen, I know you’re upset, | 听着 我知道你不高兴 |
[11:16] | but the person you ought to be yelling at | 但是你应该吼的人 |
[11:18] | is Georgie, not us. | 是小乔治 不是我们 |
[11:20] | I yelled at him– it didn’t help! | 我已经吼过他了 没用 |
[11:22] | Is this helping? | 那吼我们有用吗 |
[11:23] | A little, yes. | 有点用 |
[11:25] | So I’m datin’ a dropout? | 所以我现在在和辍学生约会吗 |
[11:27] | No, you’re datin’ a guy with a full-time job. | 不 你是在和有全职工作的男人约会 |
[11:30] | And your parents are okay with this? | 你父母对此没意见吗 |
[11:32] | They’ll come around. | 他们会想通的 |
[11:35] | By the way, can I crash at your place? | 对了 我能住你家吗 |
[11:37] | No! | 不能 |
[11:38] | My father already doesn’t think you’re good enough for me. | 我爸已经觉得你配不上我了 |
[11:40] | And I don’t want him to know he’s right. | 我不想让他知道他是对的 |
[11:42] | He’s not right! | 他才不对呢 |
[11:43] | He might be a little right. | 他说的也许有点道理 |
[11:46] | I thought you’d be more supportive. | 我本以为你会更支持我的 |
[11:47] | And I thought we were gonna be seniors together. | 我还以为我们会一起读高三呢 |
[11:50] | Homecoming court, prom king and queen. | 参加返校节 参选舞会国王和王后 |
[11:52] | Voted most likely to stay together forever. | 被评选为最有可能永远在一起的一对 |
[11:54] | We can still stay together. | 我们还可以继续在一起啊 |
[11:56] | They can’t vote for you if you’re not a senior! | 如果你不读高三他们就不能给你投票 |
[12:02] | I don’t think this is gonna work out. | 我觉得这样不会有结果的 |
[12:04] | You’re breakin’ up with me? | 你要跟我分手吗 |
[12:06] | – Yeah. – You’re serious? | -是的 -你认真的吗 |
[12:08] | I feel like I don’t have a choice. | 我别无选择 |
[12:12] | Fine, as a workin’ man I shouldn’t be | 好吧 像我这样的职场人 |
[12:14] | dating a girl in high school anyway– it’s immature. | 本来也不应该和高中女生交往 太不成熟了 |
[12:18] | Just take me home. | 送我回家吧 |
[12:19] | ‘Cause it’s a school night? | 因为明天要上学吗 |
[12:21] | How cute. | 可真逗 |
[12:29] | – Take me back. – No. | -和好吧 -不要 |
[12:30] | Dang it. | 该死 |
[12:32] | This is Grant Linkletter. | 这里是格兰特·林克莱特 |
[12:33] | I’m not home, please leave a message. | 我现在不在家 请留言 |
[12:37] | Dr. Linkletter, Sheldon Cooper. | 林克莱特博士 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[12:39] | I haven’t heard back from you. | 我还没收到你的回复 |
[12:40] | I hope everything went well with Dr. Sturgis. | 我希望你和斯特吉斯博士谈得顺利 |
[12:43] | Perhaps you two got caught up discussing physics. | 也许你们在忙着讨论物理 |
[12:46] | Time does fly when you’re having fun. | 快乐的时光总是过得很快 |
[12:48] | So what does it all mean, John? | 所以这一切有什么意义 约翰 |
[12:50] | Maybe you should ask someone | 也许你应该问一个 |
[12:52] | who isn’t drinking on a park bench. | 不在公园长椅上喝酒的人 |
[12:56] | You work your whole life. | 你用尽一生工作 |
[12:57] | It all seems so important at the time, but is it? | 当时觉得很重要 但真的如此吗 |
[13:00] | That’s a good question. | 问得好 |
[13:02] | It puts me in mind of, uh, Camus’ | 让我想起了加缪写的… |
[13:05] | The Myth of Siphisus… | 《西弗西斯的神话》… |
[13:08] | Siphaphis… | 西弗弗斯… |
[13:09] | – Sisyphus. – That’s the guy. | -西西弗斯 -就是他 |
[13:12] | Every day | 每天 |
[13:14] | he rolled the rock up the mountain, | 他都要把那块石头推上山 |
[13:17] | and every day | 然后每天 |
[13:19] | it rolled back down. | 石头又滚回山下 |
[13:21] | That’s what it seems like. | 就像我们的处境 |
[13:23] | But you escaped. | 但是你逃出这困境了 |
[13:24] | You stopped rolling that rock. | 你不再推那块石头了 |
[13:25] | Well, that’s what I thought. | 我本也这么以为 |
[13:28] | But every single bag of groceries I fill, | 但我每补一件货 |
[13:33] | there’s another one right behind it. | 总还有下一件在后面等着我 |
[13:35] | So what do we do about it? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[13:38] | We sing. | 唱歌 |
[13:40] | What do we sing? | 唱什么 |
[13:42] | ♪ When you’re too old to work ♪ | ♪ 当你年迈无法工作 ♪ |
[13:46] | ♪ And you’re too young to die ♪ | ♪ 却又没到离世的年纪 ♪ |
[13:49] | ♪ Who will take care of you? ♪ | ♪ 谁会照顾你呢 ♪ |
[13:51] | ♪ How will you get by? ♪ | ♪ 你要怎么把日子熬过去呢 ♪ |
[13:53] | ♪ When you’re too old to work ♪ | ♪ 当你年迈无法工作 ♪ |
[13:55] | ♪ And you’re too young to die? ♪ | ♪ 却又没到离世的年纪 ♪ |
[13:59] | I don’t think I know that one. | 我没听过这首歌 |
[14:02] | Do you know “Lollipop”? | 那你知道《棒棒糖》吗 |
[14:05] | ♪ Lollipop, lollipop, ooh, lolli, lollipop, lollipop ♪ | ♪ 棒棒糖 棒棒糖 棒棒棒棒糖 ♪ |
[14:09] | ♪ Lollipop, ooh, lolli, lollipop ♪ | ♪ 棒棒糖 棒棒棒棒糖 ♪ |
[14:11] | ♪ Lollipop, lollipop, ooh, lolli, lolli, lolli ♪ | ♪ 棒棒糖 棒棒糖 棒棒 棒棒 ♪ |
[14:14] | ♪ Lollipop ♪ | ♪ 棒棒糖 ♪ |
[14:17] | ♪ Lollipop, lollipop, lolli, lolli ♪ | ♪ 棒棒糖 棒棒糖 棒棒 棒棒 ♪ |
[14:20] | ♪ Lolli, lollipop, lollipop ♪ | ♪ 棒棒 棒棒糖 棒棒糖 ♪ |
[14:22] | ♪ Lolli, lolli, lollipop… ♪ | ♪ 棒棒 棒棒 棒棒糖… ♪ |
[14:24] | I bet those losers dropped out of high school, too. | 我敢说那些废物也在高中辍学了 |
[14:32] | Sorry I got riled up. | 对不起我发火了 |
[14:34] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用在意 |
[14:35] | Mary’s over here all the time yellin’ about something– | 玛丽总因为各种事来这大喊大叫的 |
[14:38] | it was a pleasant change of pace. | 这回换个花样也不错 |
[14:43] | What are you doin’ here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[14:45] | What are youdoin’ here? | 那你来这干嘛 |
[14:46] | I was hopin’ to stay here tonight. | 我想今晚住在这 |
[14:48] | Well, you can’t. | 不行 |
[14:49] | This ain’t your house. | 这不是你的房子 |
[14:50] | It ain’t yours, either. | 也不是你的 |
[14:51] | It’s my house, and I get to say | 是我的房子 谁去谁留 |
[14:53] | who stays and who goes. | 我说了算 |
[14:55] | Okay, well, I’ll be going. | 好吧 我会走的 |
[14:56] | Oh, you’re staying. | 你留在这 |
[14:58] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[15:00] | Lucky. | 你真幸运 |
[15:02] | How come Sheldon doesn’t help with the dishes? | 为什么谢尔顿不帮忙洗碗 |
[15:04] | When you do their taxes, I’ll do the dishes. | 等你帮他们报税时 我就去洗碗 |
[15:06] | If you don’t like washing dishes, | 如果你不爱洗碗 |
[15:08] | that is a good reason to stay in school | 就更应该留在学校读书 |
[15:10] | and get your diploma. | 拿高中毕业证了 |
[15:11] | You have a high school diploma, and you wash dishes every day. | 你有高中毕业证 还是要每天洗碗啊 |
[15:14] | Thank you. Helpful. | 谢谢你啊 可真会帮忙 |
[15:16] | Although I do think Missy should stay in school. | 不过我确实认为米希应该继续上学 |
[15:18] | You think everyone should stay in school. | 你认为全世界人都应该上学 |
[15:20] | Well, I understand why someone like Georgie would rather work, | 我明白为什么小乔治那种人会更想工作 |
[15:23] | but if you drop out, I think you would regret it. | 但如果你辍学 我觉得你会后悔 |
[15:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:26] | Historically, women in the workplace | 从过去的经验看 职场上 |
[15:28] | have been undervalued. | 女人的能力会被低估 |
[15:29] | You don’t want to make it easier | 你不会想让自己 |
[15:30] | for people to do that to you. | 更容易被人低估吧 |
[15:32] | He’s right. | 他说得没错 |
[15:33] | Not a problem if I marry a rich guy. | 我要是嫁给有钱人就没事了 |
[15:35] | You should marry someone for love. | 你应该嫁给爱情 |
[15:37] | You married Dad for love and there’s a lot of bickering. | 你和爸爸就是为爱结婚 不还是常吵架 |
[15:40] | – That’s not true. – Thank you. | -才不是呢 -谢谢 |
[15:42] | She married him ’cause she was pregnant. | 她嫁给爸爸是因为她怀孕了 |
[15:44] | I can finish these up on my own. | 剩下这些我自己干好了 |
[15:46] | Good, I have a date with Fresh Prince | 太好了 我和新鲜王子[电视剧]有个约会 |
[15:48] | who by the way is so rich. | 顺便告诉你他超有钱 |
[15:51] | Okay, here’s the deal. | 好了 你听好 |
[15:53] | You get one night here, then you’re out. | 你在这住一晚 然后就走人 |
[15:55] | You’re not being very grandmotherly right now. | 你现在可没有个外婆的样子 |
[15:58] | Where’s the milk? Where’s the cookies? | 牛奶呢 饼干呢 |
[16:00] | Do you believe this kid? | 你看看这孩子 |
[16:02] | I could go for a cookie. | 我不介意吃块饼干 |
[16:03] | No one’s gettin’ a cookie! | 谁都没饼干吃 |
[16:05] | One night here is fine. | 只住一晚也没关系 |
[16:06] | I’ll be workin’ more hours now | 我现在的工时更长了 |
[16:07] | so I’ll be able to get my own place soon. | 所以我近期就能找到自己的住处 |
[16:09] | Yeah, about that. | 说到这个 |
[16:11] | I can’t let you work full-time at the store. | 我不能让你在店里全职工作 |
[16:13] | What? Why not? | 什么 为什么 |
[16:15] | Well, your parents are pretty upset. | 你父母很不高兴 |
[16:16] | I’m not gonna get in the middle of that. | 我才不要趟这趟浑水呢 |
[16:19] | I’ll just get a job somewhere else. | 我去别地方找工作 |
[16:21] | That’s your business. | 那是你的事 |
[16:24] | For God’s sake. | 天啊 |
[16:25] | Who’s left that I know? | 还有我认识的人没来过吗 |
[16:29] | Finally! | 终于 |
[16:30] | The right house! | 找对地方了 |
[16:37] | Kids in bed? | 孩子睡了吗 |
[16:39] | Not all of ’em. | 还有没睡的 |
[16:41] | Mary, if we let Georgie stay here, | 玛丽 如果让小乔治待在这 |
[16:43] | we’re just makin’ this all too easy for him. | 那我们对他就太心慈手软了 |
[16:47] | I don’t want to fight. | 我不想吵 |
[16:48] | I just want to know that our son is okay. | 我只是想知道我们的儿子没事 |
[16:52] | He’s fine. | 他没事 |
[16:53] | He’s stayin’ at your mom’s. | 他待在你妈那里 |
[16:56] | Well, that’s something. | 这样还算好 |
[17:00] | Although, where does she get off thinking | 不过 她竟敢觉得 |
[17:02] | that it’s a good idea for him to drop out of school | 他辍学对他来说是好事 |
[17:05] | and then lettin’ him | 在这之后 |
[17:07] | live with her after he does it. | 她还让他住在那 |
[17:09] | – That’s what I said. – Good! | -我当时就是这么说的 -很好 |
[17:10] | Maybe they’ll learn to mind their own business! | 也许他们就能学会管好自己的事了 |
[17:13] | Will you please stop fighting? | 能请你们别吵了吗 |
[17:14] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[17:15] | Sweetie, no, we’re not fighting. | 亲爱的 不是 我们没吵架 |
[17:17] | We’re just agreeing with each other angrily. | 我们只是激愤同意彼此的话 |
[17:23] | Here’s the deal– you get one night here, then you’re out. | 你听好 你在这住一晚 然后就走人 |
[17:27] | And don’t ask for cookies. | 并且别管她要饼干 |
[17:28] | She is in no mood. | 她没那个心情 |
[17:30] | Well… | 好了… |
[17:32] | You know who’s at my place? | 你知道谁在我家吗 |
[17:35] | No one. | 没人 |
[17:36] | I think I should stay here and keep an eye on these two. | 我应该留在这看着他俩 |
[17:40] | It wasn’t an invite. | 我不是在邀请你 |
[17:41] | Just something I was looking forward to. | 我的意思是我想回家了 |
[17:45] | Later. | 回见吧 |
[17:46] | Bye. | 再见 |
[17:49] | Did he get a haircut? | 他剪头发了吗 |
[17:50] | It looks really nice. | 看着不错 |
[17:58] | So how come you’re here tonight? | 你今晚怎么来了 |
[18:00] | Were you too drunk | 你是不是也喝得太醉 |
[18:01] | to ride your bike home, too? | 不能骑车回家了 |
[18:03] | My father’s mad ’cause I dropped out of school. | 我爸爸因为我辍学生气了 |
[18:06] | Ironic. | 太讽刺了 |
[18:07] | Sheldon’s upset | 谢尔顿不高兴 |
[18:09] | ’cause I’m not going back to the university. | 因为我不回大学 |
[18:12] | Look at us. | 看看我们俩 |
[18:13] | A couple of dropouts. | 一对辍学人 |
[18:15] | Don’t you have a PhD? | 你不是有博士学位吗 |
[18:17] | Two, but I was trying to find | 有两个 但我在找 |
[18:20] | common ground over which we could bond. | 能让我们连结在一起的共同点 |
[18:25] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:29] | You wouldn’t believe the day I had. | 你都不知道我今天是怎么过的 |
[18:32] | My dad kicked me out. | 我爸把我逐出家门 |
[18:34] | My girlfriend broke up with me. | 我女朋友把我甩了 |
[18:35] | And now I got to find a second job. | 现在我又得再找一份工作 |
[18:37] | I drank hooch on a park bench | 我在公园的长椅上喝烈酒 |
[18:40] | and sang “Lollipop.” | 唱《棒棒糖》 |
[18:41] | It was tremendous. | 过得棒极了 |
[18:44] | I think I saw you. | 我好像看到你了 |
[18:46] | Were you with some other guy? | 你当时是不是和一个人一起 |
[18:47] | Yes. | 是 |
[18:49] | What happened to him? | 他去哪了 |
[18:53] | Hey, pal, wake up. | 老兄 醒醒 |
[18:57] | What’s happening? | 怎么了 |
[18:58] | You can’t sleep there. | 你不能在这睡觉 |
[19:00] | Right, sorry. | 好的 对不起 |
[19:07] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[19:08] | You didn’t happen to see a small bald man around here, did you? | 你不会正好在附近看见一个矮个子秃顶男人吧 |
[19:12] | Possibly singing “Lollipop”? | 可能还唱着《棒棒糖》 |
[19:14] | What? | 什么 |
[19:17] | Never mind. | 没事了 |
[19:24] | Where the hell am I? | 我到底在哪啊 |