时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Billy! Mr. Cooper is here. | 比利 库珀·叔叔来了 |
[00:06] | How you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[00:08] | Do not look under that rock. | 千万别提这茬 |
[00:11] | But I appreciate you asking. | 但我谢谢你的关心 |
[00:13] | Hey, you got rejected. | 你被拒绝了 |
[00:15] | But was it the end of the world? | 但世界因此毁灭了吗 |
[00:17] | No. | 没有 |
[00:18] | And that is extremely valuable information. | 那是非常有用的信息 |
[00:21] | And honestly… | 说实话 |
[00:22] | you dodged a bullet with Missy. | 米希这事是你逃过了一劫 |
[00:24] | The girl is mean. | 那姑娘可凶了 |
[00:27] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[00:35] | Come on, Missy! | 米希 加油 |
[00:38] | Came to see your man be a leader of little people, huh? | 来看你的男人统领一帮小娃娃吗 |
[00:41] | I came to see my granddaughter pitch. | 我是来看我外孙女投球的 |
[00:44] | Yeah, under my leadership. | 在我麾下投球 |
[00:46] | All right, Cooper, let’s see what you got. | 来吧 库珀 让我看看你的本事 |
[00:47] | Come on, girl! | 加油 孩子 |
[00:51] | Come on, shake it off! | 加油 提起精神 |
[00:53] | You got this. | 你能行 |
[00:59] | What the hell was that? | 你投的是什么鬼 |
[01:01] | Well, there’s some leadership. | 好有领导风范啊 |
[01:07] | Time! | 暂停 |
[01:08] | Cooper! | 库珀 |
[01:09] | Time! | 暂停 |
[01:10] | Cooper, what is the problem? | 库珀 是什么问题 |
[01:13] | The ball isn’t going where it’s supposed to. | 球都不朝我想要的方向飞啊 |
[01:15] | I saw that. | 我看到了 |
[01:16] | What am I doing wrong? | 我是哪里做错了 |
[01:18] | Just a little case of the yips. | 可能只是失去手感 |
[01:20] | – It happens. – What’s that? | -时有发生 -这是什么意思啊 |
[01:22] | The yips– you know, it’s when you’re thinking | 失去手感… 就是有时候 |
[01:24] | about stuff in your head | 你脑子里胡思乱想 |
[01:26] | and something you’ve done a million times, | 结果那些你都做过几百万次的事情 |
[01:27] | you can’t do it anymore. Even the pros get it. | 突然就做不好了 职业选手也有这种情况 |
[01:31] | How do I get rid of it? | 那怎么样可以恢复呢 |
[01:33] | Uh, just don’t think about it. | 你就脑子里别乱想了 |
[01:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:42] | Don’t think, just throw. | 别多想 投就对了 |
[01:49] | I hate the little people. | 我讨厌死小娃娃了 |
[01:52] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:55] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:58] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:00] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:03] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:18] | Damn it! | 靠 |
[02:20] | Brenda? | 布兰达 |
[02:22] | What? | 干嘛 |
[02:23] | Everything okay over there? | 你那边还好吗 |
[02:25] | Oh, yeah. | 没问题啊 |
[02:27] | Okay. | 行 |
[02:29] | Damn it! | 我靠 |
[02:31] | Okay, give her a go. | 好啦 再发动看看 |
[02:36] | You’re a lifesaver. | 你真是我的救星 |
[02:39] | It’s a gift. | 我有救人的天命 |
[02:41] | Can I offer you a beer and some thank-you cobbler? | 我能请你啤酒与水果馅饼作为感谢吗 |
[02:44] | Weren’t you on your way somewhere? | 你本来不是要去哪里吗 |
[02:46] | Weight Watchers. | 减肥会 |
[02:49] | What do you say? | 怎么样 |
[02:51] | Eh, sure. | 行吧 |
[02:54] | Do guys ever go to those Weight Watchers meetings? | 有男人去减肥会吗 |
[02:56] | Yeah, but they’re all fat. | 有啊 不过他们都是胖子 |
[03:00] | Of all the tests one takes in school, | 在学校里的所有考试中 |
[03:03] | my favorite was the midterm. | 我最喜欢的是期中考 |
[03:05] | Finals weren’t bad, | 期末考是也不错啦 |
[03:07] | but they also meant summer was approaching. | 但它们也意味着夏天马上到来 |
[03:09] | I don’t believe in religion, but sunshine, | 我并不信教 但日光 |
[03:12] | picnics and pool parties are proof hell exists. | 野餐与泳池派对 都证明地狱真的存在 |
[03:26] | Why are you trying to hit me? | 你为什么想用球丢我 |
[03:28] | I’m trying to hit the target. | 我是在尝试投到靶心 |
[03:30] | It’s over there. | 靶心在那个方向呢 |
[03:31] | I know, dingus. | 我知道好吗 傻子 |
[03:36] | I thought you were good at this. | 你不是很会投球吗 |
[03:37] | I was. | 我本来是啊 |
[03:38] | Coach Dale says I have the yips. | 戴尔教练说我是失了手感 |
[03:41] | It’s not contagious, is it? | 这东西不会传染吧 |
[03:43] | No, it happens in sports. | 这是运动圈的事情 |
[03:45] | Suddenly you can’t do a thing that used to be easy. | 你突然就做不到以前信手拈来的事情 |
[03:48] | It doesn’t sound real. | 听起来感觉就很假 |
[03:49] | Then why can’t I pitch anymore? | 那我为什么投不好了呢 |
[03:51] | Ooh, perhaps it’s the onset of puberty | 很有可能是青春期作祟 |
[03:53] | and the hysterical mood swings that go with it. | 以及它导致歇斯底里与情绪起伏 |
[03:55] | Dingus, house. | 傻子 进屋去 |
[03:57] | You’re only proving my point. | 你这样更证明我说对了 |
[04:04] | What, Billy won an award? | 比利是赢了个奖吗 |
[04:06] | Participation. | 参加奖 |
[04:07] | Big whoop. | 好了不起哦 |
[04:08] | I guess it’s something. | 聊胜于无吧 |
[04:10] | Well, he ain’t the sharpest pencil in the box, | 他虽然并不出类拔萃 |
[04:12] | but he’s the sweetest kid I know. | 但起码是心地最善良的孩子 |
[04:13] | Well, Sheldon is the sharpest pencil. | 谢尔顿就是那个出类拔萃的孩子 |
[04:16] | Sometimes I’d just like to shove his head in that box. | 但我有时真想把他的脑袋”拔”下来 |
[04:21] | Where’s your trash? | 垃圾放哪 |
[04:22] | Everywhere. | 四处 |
[04:23] | But the basket’s under the sink.Mm. | 不过垃圾桶是在水槽下 |
[04:30] | You know your faucet’s leaking? | 你知道你家的水龙头漏水吗 |
[04:31] | Yep, this whole place is falling apart. | 知道啊 到处都要不行了 |
[04:35] | I’ll come over another time, and take care of it. | 我找时间再过来帮忙你修吧 |
[04:37] | You know, you don’t have to do that. | 不用这么麻烦啦 |
[04:39] | One more? | 再一瓶吗 |
[04:41] | I should get going. | 我该走了 |
[04:44] | Well, thanks again. | 还是谢谢你啦 |
[04:48] | Want to buy a house? | 最近有兴趣买房吗 |
[04:52] | Hey, where you been? | 你去哪里啦 |
[04:55] | Ah, Brenda was having car trouble. | 布兰达的车坏了 |
[04:56] | – Just giving her hand. – That’s nice. | -我去帮忙她修一下 -那你人挺好 |
[04:58] | I’m sure it’s hard being by herself. | 她自己一个人想必是很不容易吧 |
[05:00] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:01] | That whole house is in need of repair. | 她那房子感觉到处都出问题了 |
[05:03] | I hope you offered to help her out. | 那你有问人家要不要帮忙吧 |
[05:05] | I did… she said no. | 有啊 她回绝了 |
[05:07] | Well, that’s just her being proud. | 人家只是不想开口求人吧 |
[05:09] | Of course she wants your help. | 她当然希望你能帮忙啦 |
[05:13] | I guess some time I’ll pop over. | 那我有空再过去帮忙吧 |
[05:15] | Good. | 很好 |
[05:17] | And when you go, hitch up your pants. | 你去的时候可得绑好裤腰带 |
[05:19] | There’s a lot going on when you squat. | 你蹲下的时候 背后可是春光乍泄 |
[05:22] | All right. You have 45 minutes to complete the test, | 好啦 你们有45分钟作答 |
[05:25] | eyes on your own paper and… | 眼神不要东张西望… |
[05:26] | Yes, Sheldon, if you finish early, you can take it again. | 谢尔顿 你要是提早完成 你可以再考一次 |
[05:30] | And… | 现在… |
[05:31] | begin! | 考试开始 |
[05:32] | And I was off. | 我如入无人之境 |
[05:33] | I flew through wave functions. | 拳打波动函数 |
[05:35] | I dominated harmonic oscillators. | 脚踢谐振子 |
[05:37] | The only challenging part of this exam | 这场考试唯一有挑战的地方 |
[05:39] | was trying to balance the desire to finish quickly | 就是要平衡我想提早交卷 |
[05:42] | with the urge to stop and smell my freshly sharpened pencil. | 以及忍住不要闻我削好的铅笔香味的心情 |
[05:47] | I was in the zone. | 我的状态正佳 |
[05:48] | Only one question left. | 只剩下最后一题 |
[05:50] | All I needed to do was solve Schrodinger’s equation | 我要做的就只是套用贝塞尔函数中的零点 |
[05:53] | in a cylindrical well by employing the zeroes of the Bessel function, | 来解圆柱阱中的薛定谔方程 |
[05:56] | which of course were… | 而那些是… |
[06:00] | Wait, what are they? | 等等 是什么来着 |
[06:02] | Come on, you know this. | 拜托 你知道这些啊 |
[06:03] | You’ve done it a million times. | 你都解过几百万次了 |
[06:07] | Oh, dear. | 惨了 |
[06:17] | All right, Sheldon, time to turn in your test. | 好了 谢尔顿 交卷 |
[06:19] | I’m not done yet. | 我还没做完 |
[06:22] | I know you like to add your own “better questions” at the end, | 我知道你喜欢在考卷后加”更好的题目” |
[06:25] | but for the last time, I don’t count them. | 但我再说一次 那些我不算分 |
[06:27] | I just need a few more minutes on this problem. | 我还需要几分钟来解这题 |
[06:29] | That’s an easy one. | 那题很简单啊 |
[06:30] | Just apply the zeroes of the Bessel function. | 套用贝塞尔函数中的零点就行了 |
[06:32] | I know what I have to do. | 我知道我该做什么 |
[06:34] | Is this is a tantrum? | 这是在闹脾气吗 |
[06:35] | I’ve heard children your age like to throw them. | 我听说你这年纪的小孩就喜欢闹 |
[06:38] | I can’t remember what the zeroes of the Bessel function are. | 我想不起贝塞尔函数中的零点了 |
[06:41] | You didn’t memorize them? | 你没有背吗 |
[06:42] | Of course I did– October 7, 1988. | 我当然有啊 在1988年10月7号那天 |
[06:44] | I had just had a bowl of Teddy Grahams. | 我刚吃完一碗小熊饼干后背的 |
[06:46] | Then what’s the problem? | 那问题在哪 |
[06:48] | I’m blanking, but I’ll get it. | 我脑海一片空白 但我会想起来的 |
[06:51] | Sorry, son, class is over. | 抱歉孩子 下课了 |
[06:52] | No, I can do this. | 别 我能解开这题 |
[06:53] | It’s just one question. You’ll still pass. | 就只是一题而已 你还是会及格啊 |
[06:55] | Sheldon Cooper doesn’t “Just pass.” | 谢尔顿·库珀才不要”有及格” |
[06:58] | I have an idea. | 我有个办法 |
[06:59] | Let me see the test. | 你让我看看考卷 |
[07:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:03] | – Sheldon Cooper isn’t always that gullible. – He was today. | -谢尔顿·库珀不会总那么好骗 -至少他今天好骗 |
[07:12] | All right, almost there. | 好啦 马上就好了 |
[07:15] | Hand me a screwdriver. | 把螺丝起子给我 |
[07:17] | Don’t stick this in an outlet. | 不要把这个捅进插座 |
[07:19] | It really tingles. | 会超级酥麻 |
[07:21] | We had an incident. | 我们出过点状况 |
[07:24] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[07:25] | Why don’t you fix it? | 要不你来修 |
[07:27] | – Really? – Yeah, you see that little screw there? | -真的吗 -对啊 你看到那个小螺丝了吗 |
[07:29] | Just go ahead and tighten her up. | 你去把它转紧就可以了 |
[07:32] | – Like this? – Yep. | -像这样吗 -没错 |
[07:34] | What now? | 然后呢 |
[07:35] | Uh, run outside and turn the water back on. | 然后去外面把水阀重新打开 |
[07:37] | Here, I’m not allowed to run with this. | 先给你 我不准拿着这个跑 |
[07:41] | We’ve had a lot of incidents. | 我们出过很多状况 |
[07:44] | – Who knew you were so handy? – Yeah. | -真看不出来你是能工巧匠 -是啊 |
[07:46] | There’s just things guys need to be good at. | 有些事情男人就是得会嘛 |
[07:48] | What else you good at? | 你还有什么事情厉害啊 |
[07:53] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[08:00] | Hey, pretty lady. | 您好啊 美丽的女士 |
[08:02] | – Are you drinking already? – No! | -你这么早就喝酒了吗 -才没有 |
[08:04] | Can’t a guy give his wife a compliment? | 难道一个男人不能夸自己的老婆吗 |
[08:07] | Do I have to smell your breath? | 我该检查你嘴里的酒味吗 |
[08:08] | How about a kiss instead? | 不如给我的嘴上来个吻吧 |
[08:10] | What is with you? | 你是犯了什么病 |
[08:11] | Well, I don’t know. | 你说呢 |
[08:13] | Kids aren’t home. | 孩子们又不在家 |
[08:15] | Now? I’m doing laundry. | 现在来吗 我在洗衣服 |
[08:17] | Laundry can wait. | 衣服可以晚点洗 |
[08:19] | So can your thing. | 你的”事”也可以晚点 |
[08:21] | I like to think of it as our thing, | 我觉得应该是”我们”的事吧 |
[08:23] | but if you only have time for my thing, that’s fine, too. | 但如果你只有空解决我的”事” 我也不介意 |
[08:25] | You’re being weird. | 你真是怪里怪气的 |
[08:28] | Weird sexy? | 怪性感的吗 |
[08:29] | No. | 并没有 |
[08:30] | – Headed to the bedroom? – No! | -你是要进卧室了吗 -并没有 |
[08:33] | Just checking. | 我就确认一下 |
[08:37] | Missy! | 米希 |
[08:39] | You gave me your yips. | 你把手感发冷传染给我了 |
[08:41] | What? | 什么 |
[08:42] | I froze on a test. That’s never happened before. | 我考试时僵住了 这从来没发生过 |
[08:44] | It’s all your fault. | 这全都是你的错 |
[08:45] | I told you it’s not contagious. | 我说过这事没有传染性了 |
[08:47] | You put the thought in my head. | 但你把这件事传进了我脑子里 |
[08:48] | The power of suggestion is very real. | 心理暗示的力量是真实存在的 |
[08:49] | Case in point: tulip mania. | 例证 郁金香狂热 |
[08:52] | – Here we go. – Tulip mania | -又要发病了 -郁金香狂热 |
[08:53] | was an insane desire to buy and trade tulip bulbs in the 1600s. | 是17世纪的疯狂购买与交易郁金香球根事件 |
[08:57] | It nearly ruined the Dutch economy. | 差点就让荷兰经济崩溃 |
[08:59] | You would not believe the gilders they were spending. | 你都想象不到人们愿意花多少荷兰盾买 |
[09:01] | How can you remember this stupid information, | 你怎么能够记得这么蠢的知识 |
[09:02] | but not the stuff on your test? | 却记不住考试要考的东西 |
[09:04] | You tell me, they’re your yips. | 你告诉我啊 是你传染我的 |
[09:05] | Sheldon, if I knew how to make it stop, | 谢尔顿 我如果知道怎么康复 |
[09:07] | I would tell you. | 我会告诉你 |
[09:09] | You better. | 你最好是这样 |
[09:11] | Maybe it’s puberty making you all emotional. | 或许是青春期发育令你情绪不稳定 |
[09:13] | I checked my armpits… smooth as balloons. | 我检查过我的腋下 光滑如气球 |
[09:22] | What’s your problem? | 你是什么毛病 |
[09:23] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想说 |
[09:25] | – Great. – I had a mental block on a test | -那就好 -我考试碰到了心理障碍 |
[09:27] | and it was something that I absolutely know how to do. | 本来绝对知道怎么解的问题 突然就解不出了 |
[09:29] | Oh, you know, that sort of thing happens in sports, too. | 玩运动的也会遇到这种事呢 |
[09:32] | I know. It’s called the yips, | 我知道 叫失去手感 |
[09:33] | and it’s a very silly name for a very serious problem. | 这么严重的问题怎么起了个像狗叫的儿戏名字 |
[09:36] | Well, you know, the best thing to do | 最好的解决办法就是 |
[09:38] | is get out of your head. | 别去想它 |
[09:40] | How do I do that? | 我要如何做到 |
[09:41] | Just turn your brain off. | 关闭你的大脑就行了 |
[09:43] | It’s like I’m not even your son. | 你对我陌生到仿佛我不是你亲生的 |
[09:46] | Look. | 听着 |
[09:47] | I know you don’t respect what I do as a coach. | 我知道你不尊重我的教练工作 |
[09:49] | Maybe you do know me. | 也许你还是了解我的 |
[09:51] | But this is a thing I actually know about. | 但这问题我还真有发言权 |
[09:53] | I’ve seen it happen to my players. | 我见过我的球员发作 |
[09:55] | I’ve seen it happen to pros in golf. | 我见过职业高尔夫球手发作 |
[09:57] | In baseball. | 棒球手 |
[09:58] | The answer is always the same. | 答案都是一样的 |
[10:00] | Stop thinking and get out of your own way. | 别再乱想 跳出桎梏 |
[10:03] | I don’t know how to do that. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[10:06] | Have you ever heard the Nike slogan “Just do it”? | 你有没有听过耐克的广告语”尽管去做” |
[10:08] | I’m familiar with the phrase “Let’s do it,” | 我比较熟悉”动手吧”这一句 |
[10:10] | uttered by Gary Gilmore, the last person | 是杀人魔加里·吉尔摩说的 |
[10:12] | to be executed by firing squad in America. | 他是美国最后一个被行刑队枪决的人 |
[10:16] | Okay, well, it’s a shoe slogan. | 好吧 总之这是鞋子的广告语 |
[10:19] | And it’s good advice. | 是个好建议 |
[10:21] | The answer is already in your head. | 答案早已在你大脑中 |
[10:23] | Don’t think so hard. | 别钻牛角尖想太多 |
[10:25] | Just do it. | 尽管去做 |
[10:28] | I’ll try. | 我会试试 |
[10:30] | Good man. | 好小伙 |
[10:32] | Another fun footwear slogan is “I’m Buster Brown. | 还有一个好玩的鞋类广告语是”我是布斯特·布朗 |
[10:34] | I live in a shoe. That’s my dog Tige. | 我住在鞋子里 那是我的狗泰格 |
[10:36] | Look for him there, too.” | 它也住在鞋子里” |
[10:38] | Mm, I think mine is more helpful. | 我的名句比较有用吧 |
[10:40] | Well, mine rhymes, so… | 但我的押韵啊 |
[10:44] | I decided to heed my father’s advice. | 我决定听从我爸的建议 |
[10:47] | I wasn’t sure how to turn off my brain. | 我不确定怎么才能关闭大脑 |
[10:50] | Thankfully, I lived with an expert. | 幸好我和无脑专家住在一起 |
[10:53] | What’s up? | 干嘛 |
[10:54] | I’ve never really thought about not thinking before. | 我以前没怎么想过不思考这件事 |
[10:56] | Well, I’m asking you to think about it. | 我现在就请你想一下 |
[10:59] | But I thought you were interested in notthinking. | 但你感兴趣的不是不思考吗 |
[11:01] | I am. I want you to think about not thinking, | 没错 我要你想想不思考的感觉 |
[11:02] | and then teach me how to do it. | 然后教我该怎么做 |
[11:04] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[11:05] | Not think. | 不思考 |
[11:06] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:11] | This is tough. | 难度挺大 |
[11:12] | I’m good at not thinking, but I don’t think | 我很擅长不思考 但我不动脑筋 |
[11:14] | I can teach you how to not think without thinking. | 又好像没法教你怎么不思考 |
[11:17] | Hmm, well, thank you for trying. | 还是感谢你有努力过 |
[11:19] | Hold on! What if you’re thinking | 等一下 假如你脑子里 |
[11:20] | about something else instead? | 在想别的事呢 |
[11:22] | Would that count as thinking or not thinking? | 那算思考还是不思考 |
[11:24] | I suppose it’s similar to the mantras | 那应该类似于东方圣哲 |
[11:26] | extolled by the sages of the east. | 所推崇的真言吧 |
[11:28] | It’s a practice that Swami Vivekananda | 就是被印度教圣人辨喜 |
[11:30] | called Japa Yoga and it’s intended to bring out | 称为颂歌瑜伽的仪式 旨在达到 |
[11:32] | a single-pointedness of concentration. | 专注一境的境界 |
[11:37] | Sorry, I zoned out. | 抱歉 我神游了 |
[11:38] | – Ooh, tell me how. – Let’s see. | -快教我怎么做 -我想想啊 |
[11:40] | You were blabbering. | 你刚才在叨逼 |
[11:41] | It all started to blur together. | 听着听着就全混在一起了 |
[11:43] | And I was gone. | 于是我就放空了 |
[11:44] | At what point did it start to happen? | 具体是从什么时候开始的 |
[11:46] | I don’t know. Say it again. | 我不知道 你再说一遍 |
[11:47] | I said I suppose | 我刚说 |
[11:49] | it’s similar to the mantras | 那应该类似于东方圣哲 |
[11:50] | extolled by the sages of the east. | 所推崇的真言 |
[11:52] | It’s a practice that Swami Vivekananda called Japa Yoga… | 就是被印度教圣人辨喜称为颂歌瑜伽的仪式… |
[12:04] | That is wild. | 太神奇了 |
[12:12] | The next day, armed with the sage advice | 第二天 我用我爸 我哥 |
[12:15] | of my father, my brother, | 和一位被处决杀人犯的 |
[12:17] | and an executed murderer, I was allowed to retake the test. | 至理名言武装自己 获准重考 |
[12:20] | You have 45 minutes starting now. | 答题时间45分钟 开始计时 |
[12:24] | Okay, just do it. | 好 尽管去做 |
[12:26] | Just do it. | 尽管去做 |
[12:27] | Just turn your brain off and do it. | 关闭大脑 靠本能行事 |
[12:29] | Is it off? Am I doing it? | 关了没 我做到了吗 |
[12:31] | Wait, if I’m thinking it’s off, then it must still be on. | 等等 如果我在想着大脑关闭了 那肯定还没关 |
[12:34] | I’m trying too hard. Don’t overthink, just do it. | 我太刻意了 别想太多 尽管去做 |
[12:37] | Just do it, just– | 尽管去做 尽管… |
[12:39] | Time’s up. | 时间到 |
[12:42] | But I didn’t do it. | 但我并没做到啊 |
[12:43] | Waste my morning? | 你指浪费我整个早上吗 |
[12:45] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[12:46] | That toilet won’t stop running. | 马桶的水一直在流 |
[12:49] | Have you tried jiggling the handle? | 你试过摇冲水把手了吗 |
[12:50] | I jiggled it, wiggled it. | 我摇过了也撸过了 |
[12:52] | Damn near had a baby with it. | 都差点跟它生出个小孩了 |
[12:53] | Yeah, let me take a look. | 好 那我去看看 |
[12:55] | I was fixing to put some dinner on, if you care to join me. | 我正要做晚餐 欢迎你加入 |
[12:59] | I don’t want to put you out. | 我不想给你添麻烦 |
[13:00] | It’s just frozen lasagna. | 只是冷冻千层面而已 |
[13:02] | But I’m going oven instead of microwave, | 但我打算讲究点用烤箱 而不是微波炉 |
[13:05] | ’cause you’re company. | 因为有你这位贵客 |
[13:07] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[13:09] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[13:10] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我什么意思 |
[13:13] | I was just trying to thank you. | 我本来只是想感谢你 |
[13:16] | And you’re the one who offered | 是你主动提出 |
[13:17] | to come over here and fix things. | 要来我家修东西 |
[13:19] | I was being nice. | 我只是表示友善 |
[13:20] | So was I. | 我也是啊 |
[13:21] | Yeah, maybe a little too nice. | 你会不会友善过头了 |
[13:23] | There is no pleasing you. | 你这人就是怎样都不满意 |
[13:25] | Well, I don’t need this here. | 我不想在这里和你吵 |
[13:26] | I can get fighting at my house. | 我自己家里就不缺吵架 |
[13:27] | Then maybe you should go back to your house. | 那或许你该回你家 |
[13:30] | Mom, can you help with my homework? | 妈妈 能教我做功课吗 |
[13:32] | There in a sec. | 马上就来 |
[13:35] | You leaving? | 你走吗 |
[13:37] | You gonna fix the toilet? | 你能自己修好马桶吗 |
[13:38] | – No. – Then I guess I’m not leaving. | -不能 -那我就不走 |
[13:39] | Thank you. Lasagna? | 谢谢 吃千层面吗 |
[13:41] | Small piece. Mary’s making tacos. | 一小块就好 玛丽做了玉米卷 |
[13:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:44] | Trying to outsmart my own thought patterns | 事实证明 试图智胜我自己的思维模式 |
[13:46] | proved to be challenging. | 颇具挑战性 |
[13:48] | It’s understandable, as smart as I was, | 也可以理解 虽然我本身机智过人 |
[13:51] | I was also that smart. | 但作为对手我也同样聪明伶俐 |
[13:53] | I wondered if I could invent a mind control device, | 不知道我能不能发明一部精神控制装置 |
[13:56] | but that sounded a little too “Mwah-ha-ha” | 但这念头听起来有点异想天开 贻笑大方 |
[13:59] | even for me. It turned out | 就算天才如我 结果我发现 |
[14:01] | the device I was looking for | 我寻觅的装置 |
[14:03] | had been in my presence the entire time. | 一直就在我面前 |
[14:06] | Television. It had been tranquilizing | 电视机 它已麻痹了 |
[14:08] | the minds of America’s youth for generations, | 数代美国青少年的思想 |
[14:10] | and it was just what I needed. | 这正是我所需要的 |
[14:12] | Lift off. | 发射 |
[14:13] | Too interesting. | 太精彩了 |
[14:17] | Too violent. | 太暴力了 |
[14:20] | I don’t think so. | 还是算了吧 |
[14:21] | Now, then, let’s build us a little cloud. | 接下来 我们画一朵小云 |
[14:25] | Clouds are very free. | 画云朵很随意的 |
[14:27] | Very, very free. | 非常随意 |
[14:28] | Tell you what. If you… | 这样好了 如果你… |
[14:30] | That was so much fun, let’s get crazy… | 刚才太好玩了 再放飞一点好了 |
[14:33] | Who’s this bohemian? | 这位放荡不羁的艺术家是何方神圣 |
[14:35] | If you could have | 如果高中里的岗位 |
[14:37] | any job in the high school, what would it be? | 随你挑选 你会选哪一个 |
[14:40] | I don’t know, why? | 我不知道 问这个干嘛 |
[14:41] | Sometimes I look at the janitor | 有时我看清洁工 |
[14:43] | pushing around that buffing machine. | 推着抛光机走来走去 |
[14:45] | That thing looks like a blast. | 那玩意看起来可好玩了 |
[14:48] | He doesn’t wear a tie. | 他不用打领带 |
[14:50] | No fights with the school board. | 不会跟校董会吵架 |
[14:53] | Vomit and feces aside, he’s, he’s living the dream. | 抛开呕吐物和排泄物不说 他简直活在美梦中 |
[14:58] | Hello? Am I boring you? | 还在吗 我说话太无聊了吗 |
[15:00] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:01] | I’m a little distracted. | 我有点心烦 |
[15:03] | Trouble at home? | 家里出问题了吗 |
[15:06] | Something like that. Mm. | 算是吧 |
[15:07] | You want to talk about it? | 想谈谈吗 |
[15:10] | No. | 不想 |
[15:12] | Tell me about your fun bachelor life. | 跟我说说你的精彩单身生活吧 |
[15:14] | Well, as of last week, I officially | 截至上周 |
[15:16] | tasted every Campbell’s soup. | 我正式尝遍了所有金宝罐头汤 |
[15:19] | Come on, Tom. | 别闹了 汤姆 |
[15:20] | I’m trying to live vicariously here. | 我是想望梅止渴一下 |
[15:22] | There’s got to be something good. | 肯定有好玩的事吧 |
[15:24] | Let’s see, I go hunting and fishing whenever I feel like it. | 我想想 我想去打猎和钓鱼就随时能去 |
[15:27] | Now we’re getting somewhere. | 这才像样 |
[15:28] | Spend my money on whatever I want. | 想把钱花在哪就花在哪 |
[15:32] | What was the last thing you got? | 你最新买的一样东西是啥 |
[15:33] | Foreman fight on pay-per-view. | 收费点播的工头打架节目 |
[15:36] | I ate a bucket of chicken and watched it in my underwear. | 我看的时候吃了一整桶炸鸡 还只着底裤 |
[15:39] | You lucky bastard. | 你小子也太幸运了 |
[15:42] | What about women? | 那艳遇呢 |
[15:45] | Honestly… | 说实话 |
[15:47] | it’s tough to meet people at this age. | 这把年纪很难遇到新对象了 |
[15:49] | No, come on, charming fella like you? | 怎么可能 你这种魅力熟男 |
[15:53] | Sadly, this is the best night out I’ve had in a long time. | 惨兮兮啊 这是我好久以来 玩得最开心的一晚了 |
[15:56] | Yeah. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[15:59] | But if you know anybody, send them my way. | 不过如果你认识寂寞佳人 尽管推荐给我 |
[16:06] | Yeah, I’ll think about. | 好 我再帮你看看 |
[16:09] | You ever eat chicken in your underwear? | 你试过只穿底裤吃炸鸡吗 |
[16:12] | What do you think? | 你说呢 |
[16:13] | – Yes. – Yes. | -有 -当然有 |
[16:15] | Making a gorgeous little mountain. | 画一座漂亮的小山 |
[16:18] | Little stand of evergreens that lives right in here. | 常青树林就长在山脚 |
[16:20] | I didn’t know Richard Simmons can paint. | 我都不知道理查德·西蒙斯会画画啊[也是爆炸头] |
[16:22] | His name’s Bob Ross. | 他叫鲍伯·鲁斯 |
[16:24] | And he’s oddly hypnotic. | 他讲话莫名很催眠 |
[16:26] | You’re gonna paint? | 你要画画吗 |
[16:27] | No, I just like watching him. | 不 我只是喜欢看着他 |
[16:29] | I can’t explain it, but his voice | 我无法解释 但他的声音 |
[16:30] | and demeanor are comforting, like a hot beverage. | 和举止抚慰人心 就像一杯热饮 |
[16:33] | Let’s get crazy and, once again, | 我们放开画 再一次 |
[16:35] | just pull it out, just like we did the other one. | 就这样拉出去 像画另一边一样 |
[16:38] | Yawn. | 我无聊到打哈欠 |
[16:40] | Barely touch, whisper. | 将将碰到就行 耳语一般 |
[16:43] | Just whisper light. | 像耳语一样轻 |
[16:44] | Let it go. | 然后随它去 |
[16:46] | Let it go, no pressure. | 随它去 轻松 |
[16:48] | The yips are a cruel mistress. | 失去手感很残酷 |
[16:50] | But thanks to a magical man with a halo of curls, | 但多亏了一位光环是卷毛的魔法师 |
[16:54] | I was finally able to relax and get out of my own head. | 我终于能放松 不再胡思乱想 |
[16:58] | Instead of freezing up, I thought about happy integers. | 我不怯场了 而是想着快乐的整数 |
[17:03] | Fluffy little formulas | 毛茸茸的公式 |
[17:04] | and a sweet Bessel function that just wants me to do my very best. | 还有可爱的贝塞尔函数 它希望我尽力而为 |
[17:08] | Done. | 答完了 |
[17:09] | Great, I can still make my doubles match. | 很好 我还来得及去打双打 |
[17:11] | Get out. | 你出去吧 |
[17:20] | Damn it. | 可恶 |
[17:21] | – Hold it. Time, time, time. – Time! | -等一下 暂停 暂停 -暂停 |
[17:24] | I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. | 我不知道我哪里做错了 |
[17:25] | Ah, don’t worry about it. It’s not your fault. | 别担心 不是你的错 |
[17:28] | – It isn’t? – No, I’m the one | -不是吗 -嗯 是我 |
[17:29] | that let a girl pitch. It’s my mistake. | 让一个小女孩当投手 都怪我 |
[17:32] | What? I’ve won so many games. | 什么 我可是赢了很多场比赛 |
[17:34] | Oh, that was then. | 那都是以前的事了 |
[17:36] | Why are you being so mean? | 你为什么这么刻薄 |
[17:37] | Well, why are you getting so emotional, like women do? | 那你为什么情绪失控 像女人一样 |
[17:40] | Maybe you ought to be a cheerleader. | 也许你该当拉拉队员 |
[17:42] | You trying to make me mad? | 你是想用激将法激怒我吗 |
[17:44] | – Is it working? – Yeah. | -奏效了吗 -奏效了 |
[17:46] | Well, I tell you what, | 那这样吧 |
[17:47] | picture my face in the catcher’s mitt. | 把捕手的手套想象成我的脸 |
[17:49] | What? | 什么 |
[17:50] | Do I have to dumb it down for you? | 我还要特地说简单点你才能听懂吗 |
[17:51] | Just do what I tell you. | 照我的话做就是了 |
[18:03] | – Strike! – Yes! | -好球 -棒 |
[18:04] | Aw, don’t get all hysterical, little girl! | 别那么兴奋 小姑娘 |
[18:08] | You suck! | 你烂透了 |
[18:09] | You suck! | 你才烂透了 |
[18:10] | No! You suck! | 不 你史上最烂 |
[18:13] | Strike! | 好球 |
[18:15] | I am the leader of the little people. | 我真是统领小娃娃的大将军 |