时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Can we talk? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[00:03] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[00:06] | You’ve got a lot going on right now. | 你现在手头上有很多事 |
[00:08] | Maybe take some time off, focus on things at home. | 或许休息一段时间 好好处理家里的事 |
[00:11] | Hold on. Are you firing her? | 等等 你是要炒了她吗 |
[00:14] | Hey, George. | 乔治 |
[00:14] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[00:15] | Georgie and I ran into a little… problem at the border. | 我和小乔治在边境遇到点麻烦 |
[00:19] | What border? | 什么边境啊 |
[00:20] | The Mexican one. | 美墨边境 |
[00:22] | We got arrested. | 我们被捕了 |
[00:24] | – What? – Who is it? | -什么 -谁打来的 |
[00:28] | Arrested? | 被捕 |
[00:29] | What do you mean, arrested? | 什么叫他们被捕了 |
[00:30] | I don’t know. Some problem with Customs. | 我不知道 好像惹到海关吧 |
[00:32] | – What were they doing in Mexico? – I don’t know. | -他们两个跑去墨西哥干嘛呢 -我不知道 |
[00:35] | Why didn’t they tell us they were going? | 他们为什么瞒着我们跑去呢 |
[00:37] | How many times I got to say I don’t know? | 你是要我回答你多少次”我不知道” |
[00:39] | All right, what do you know? | 好吧 那你知道什么 |
[00:41] | Well, they’re probably gonna have to pay some fine, | 他们估计得付一些罚款才能走 |
[00:43] | and-and they’re gonna need cash. | 所以他们会需要现金 |
[00:44] | My son is gonna be in jail overnight? | 我的儿子要在监狱里过夜了吗 |
[00:47] | What about your mother? | 你不心疼你妈吗 |
[00:48] | Oh, she’s been there before. | 她熟门熟路了 |
[00:50] | Meemaw’s in jail? | 姥姥进监狱了吗 |
[00:52] | – No. – Forget about it. | -没有啦 -快忘了你听到这件事 |
[00:53] | Forget about it? Do I need to remind you I remember my birth? | 要我忘记 你知道我能记得出生的那一刻吧 |
[00:57] | Go to your room. | 回你房间吧 |
[01:00] | That was a rough day. | 这日子可真是难啊 |
[01:01] | Rough day for me. | 老娘才难呢 |
[01:04] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:07] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:10] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:12] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:15] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:24] | Wait here. | 在这里等着 |
[01:31] | You see what I see? | 你看到我看到的东西了吗 |
[01:34] | What? | 什么 |
[01:34] | An open window. | 敞开的”机会”之窗 |
[01:38] | You want to make a run for it? | 你想逃跑吗 |
[01:40] | You got a better plan? | 你有更好的计划吗 |
[01:42] | Yes. You shutting up. | 有啊 就是你闭上嘴 |
[01:45] | Son of a bitch. | 妈的 |
[01:47] | New shirt. | 新衬衫呢 |
[01:49] | You give me some seltzer, I can get that right out. | 给我一点苏打水 我能帮你弄干净 |
[01:52] | – Sorry. – So. | -抱歉 -所以… |
[01:54] | smuggling cigarettes. | 走私香烟 |
[01:56] | Your Honor, there was no smuggling. | 大人 我们才不是走私呢 |
[01:59] | This is a… misunderstanding. | 这一切… 都是一场误会 |
[02:02] | 400 cartons of undeclared cigarettes? | 400条未申报的香烟吗 |
[02:05] | Is that over the limit? | 这数量超过限制了吗 |
[02:07] | By 399. | 超了399条 |
[02:09] | I told you not to talk. | 我让你闭上嘴了 |
[02:11] | And he told you not to talk. | 他也让你闭上嘴了 |
[02:12] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:14] | Here’s youroptions: | 你们有两条路选 |
[02:15] | plead not guilty, post a bond, | 无罪抗辩 交保证金 |
[02:17] | come back here for a trial, | 之后回来审讯 |
[02:19] | which you will lose, | 你们必输无疑 |
[02:20] | because you’re guilty. | 因为你们有罪 |
[02:22] | – Or? – Plead guilty, | -或者… -承认有罪 |
[02:24] | pay a fine | 交罚款 |
[02:25] | and I never see your face again. | 我们永世不再相见 |
[02:28] | But we get the cigarettes back, right? | 交完可以把烟拿回来的对吧 |
[02:31] | No. | 不能 |
[02:33] | How much is the fine? | 罚款是多少钱呢 |
[02:34] | Why don’t we say $2,500? | 就2500吧 |
[02:37] | Let’s say $500. | 要不500块吧 |
[02:38] | This is not a negotiation. | 你以为在菜市场砍价呢 |
[02:40] | I hear ya. | 懂了 |
[02:42] | $750. | 750呢 |
[02:43] | We’re done. | 没什么好说的了 |
[02:44] | Leon, get these clowns out of here. | 里昂 把阿呆与阿瓜带走 |
[02:47] | Your Honor, please, | 大人 求求你了 |
[02:48] | I really need those cigarettes back. | 我真的很想拿回那些香烟 |
[02:50] | My girlfriend’s gonna have my baby | 我女朋友就快生了 |
[02:51] | and I was gonna sell ’em to help pay for the medical expenses. | 我想带回去卖 好支付医院费用 |
[02:55] | That’s a touching story. | 感天动地的故事啊 |
[02:57] | Leon! | 里昂 |
[03:00] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:00] | Too much Mountain Dew. | 喝太多汽水了 |
[03:02] | Take ’em back to holding. | 送他们回拘留牢房 |
[03:07] | How ’bout $1,000 and you can keep my grandson? | 我付1000 孙子送你怎么样 |
[03:11] | What is happening to our family? | 我们家到底怎么了啊 |
[03:13] | I know. Georgie and Meemaw in jail. | 对啊 小乔治与姥姥进了监狱 |
[03:15] | Mom getting kicked out of the church. | 妈妈被教会踢出去了 |
[03:16] | Georgie having a baby out of wedlock. | 小乔治未婚得子 |
[03:20] | You know what this means, don’t you? | 你知道这代表什么意思吧 |
[03:22] | What? | 什么 |
[03:23] | We really are white trash. | 我们真的是垃圾白人之家呢 |
[03:25] | Speak for yourself. | 你们垃圾别带上我 |
[03:26] | I’m in college on a full ride. | 我全额奖学金上着大学 |
[03:29] | But I wish y’all luck. | 但我祝你们早日脱离苦海 |
[03:34] | I really appreciate this, Dale. | 感激不尽啊 戴尔 |
[03:35] | Smuggling cigarettes? | 走私香烟 |
[03:38] | What the hell was she thinking? | 她脑子里想什么鬼呢 |
[03:39] | It was Georgie’s idea. | 是小乔治的主意 |
[03:41] | Well, that makes more sense. | 那就说得通了 |
[03:43] | Well, whose truck we taking? | 我们开谁的车去呢 |
[03:46] | You’re coming? | 你要来吗 |
[03:47] | My ex-girlfriend in jail at the Mexican border? | 我前女友在美墨边界的监狱里 |
[03:50] | I got to take pictures. | 我怎么能不把握机会去拍照留念呢 |
[03:53] | All right, I’ll drive. | 好吧 我开车 |
[03:54] | But we got to stop and get film. | 我们中途得去买胶卷 |
[04:01] | Who you spying on? | 你在偷看谁家呢 |
[04:02] | Meemaw’s house. There’s a strange woman loitering on her porch. | 姥姥家 有个奇怪女人在她家前院晃悠 |
[04:06] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[04:10] | Should we call the police? | 我们该报警吗 |
[04:12] | Nah, she’s too pretty to be a burglar. | 不用 这么漂亮肯定不是贼 |
[04:15] | I don’t think that’s how that works. | 坏人不是这么判断的吧 |
[04:19] | Connie? Are you okay? | 康妮 你还好吗 |
[04:24] | All right, I’m coming in. | 好吧 我要进来了 |
[04:27] | Freeze, dirtbag. | 不许动 你个垃圾 |
[04:30] | Who are you? | 你们是谁啊 |
[04:31] | No, no, we have the moral high ground here. | 少来 我们才是站在道德高地的一方 |
[04:33] | Yeah. Who are you? | 对啊 你才是哪根葱啊 |
[04:34] | I’m a friend of the lady that lives here. | 我是这户的女士的朋友 |
[04:37] | I’m worried about her. | 我很担心她 |
[04:38] | That’s no lady. That’s our meemaw. | 什么女士 她是我们姥姥 |
[04:40] | Are you Georgie’s brother and sister? | 你们是小乔治的弟弟妹妹吗 |
[04:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:44] | I’m Mandy. I’m Georgie’s… | 我叫曼蒂 我是小乔治的… |
[04:47] | I’m Mandy. | 我叫曼蒂 |
[04:49] | Oh, really? | 是咩 |
[04:50] | Yeah, really. | 是啊 不然呢 |
[04:51] | And I’m worried about your meemaw. | 我很担心你们姥姥 |
[04:53] | Well, you don’t have to be. She’s fine. | 省了这份心吧 她人没事 |
[04:56] | She is? | 她没事吗 |
[04:57] | Yes, Sheldon, she is. | 对啊 谢尔顿 她没事 |
[04:59] | So she’s not in jail? | 所以她不在监狱里吗 |
[05:00] | She’s in jail? | 她入狱了吗 |
[05:02] | Well, I thought so, but maybe not. | 我本也以为 但情况好像并非如此 |
[05:11] | So why is Connie in jail? | 为什么康妮入狱了 |
[05:13] | That’s family business. | 这是我们家庭的私事 |
[05:14] | Although Mandy is carrying Georgie’s baby | 不过曼蒂怀着小乔治的宝宝 |
[05:16] | and Georgie’s also in jail, so… | 而小乔治也在坐牢 所以… |
[05:18] | Georgie’s in jail?! | 小乔治也入狱了吗 |
[05:19] | Why are you still talking? | 你这张嘴怎么还在叭叭呢 |
[05:21] | That is a valid question. | 这是个好问题 |
[05:22] | It’s past my bedtime. | 已经过了我就寝的时间 |
[05:23] | Good. Go. | 太好了 快滚 |
[05:24] | Nice meeting you! | 很高兴见到你 |
[05:28] | So, what happened? | 到底发生什么事了 |
[05:30] | All I know is they had a problem at the border. | 我只知道他们在边境碰到了麻烦 |
[05:32] | Something about smuggling cigarettes. | 好像跟走私香烟有关 |
[05:35] | What an idiot. | 真是个傻逼 |
[05:36] | He was just trying to make money ’cause you got pregnant. | 他这么做是想赚钱给你和宝宝 |
[05:39] | Oh, so this is my fault? | 所以这还赖我了是吗 |
[05:40] | He didn’t make that baby on his own. | 一个巴掌拍不响 一个男人生不出 |
[05:43] | Look, you’re just a kid, okay? | 你就只是个孩子 |
[05:45] | You don’t understand what’s going on here. | 你不懂这背后有多复杂 |
[05:47] | I know my mom lost her job and got kicked out of the church | 但我知道我妈因为你不嫁我哥 |
[05:49] | because you won’t marry my brother. | 被踢出了教会 丢了工作 |
[05:53] | I didn’t know that. | 这点我不知道 |
[05:54] | So did I win this argument? | 所以我辩赢你了吗 |
[05:56] | Feels like I did. | 感觉好像是赢了 |
[06:00] | Okay, God, | 好啦 上帝啊 |
[06:01] | we need to talk. | 我们来谈谈吧 |
[06:02] | Are you testing me? | 您是在考验我吗 |
[06:04] | Is this a test? | 这是一场试炼吗 |
[06:05] | Am I Mrs. Job? | 我是先知约伯的太太吗 |
[06:05] | 善人约伯曾被指控为了回报而信仰上帝 经过一番试炼 证明了心意并得到加倍的祝福 | |
[06:08] | I try to be a good person, but… | 我一直努力当个好人 但… |
[06:11] | lately, it feels like you are smacking me down | 但近期感觉您给的难关 |
[06:13] | every chance you get. | 是一关接一关啊 |
[06:15] | And I know that that might sound a little ungrateful right now, | 我知道这么抱怨好像有点不知感恩 |
[06:17] | as I load my new dishwasher– | 毕竟我一边在用着新的洗碗机 |
[06:19] | that I love– | 我很喜爱 |
[06:20] | but can’t you pick on someone else for a while? | 但你就不能先换个人找麻烦吗 |
[06:23] | Who are you talking to? | 你在跟谁说话啊 |
[06:26] | – God. – To yourself. Got it. | -上帝 -自言自语 懂了 |
[06:29] | And you think, like Job, God is testing your faith? | 你觉得自己跟约伯一样都受到了上帝的试炼吗 |
[06:33] | Sure would explain | 起码这样能解释 |
[06:34] | all the bad things that have been happening. | 最近发生的一切坏事啊 |
[06:36] | So believing in a god who’s going out of his way | 所以相信有一个愿意花费精力 |
[06:37] | to ruin your life is more comforting | 给你赐予难关的神 也比相信 |
[06:39] | than believing there’s no God at all? | 这世上并没有神 更让你感到舒心吗 |
[06:43] | Isn’t it past your bedtime? | 现在过了你就寝的时间了吧 |
[06:44] | – I know. Good night. – W-Wait. | -我知道 晚安 -等… |
[06:46] | Where’s your sister? | 你妹妹呢 |
[06:47] | At Meemaw’s, talking to Mandy. | 在姥姥家跟曼蒂聊天 |
[06:49] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[06:50] | Can we table this for tomorrow? | 这事可以明天再聊吗 |
[06:52] | I’m running on fumes. | 在下已油尽灯枯了 |
[06:56] | So instead of traveling around the country with me, | 比起跟我环游全国 |
[06:59] | she’d rather smuggle cigarettes and rot in jail. | 她更想要走私香烟并锒铛入狱 |
[07:02] | How the hell is that supposed to make me feel? | 这让我作何感想呢 |
[07:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:06] | Bad? | 感到难受吗 |
[07:07] | Damn right, bad. | 没错 可他妈不好受了 |
[07:08] | Treated that woman like a queen. | 我待她如同待个女王呢 |
[07:11] | Didn’t you break up with her? | 不是你跟人家分手的吗 |
[07:12] | That was a bluff. | 我只是虚张声势罢了 |
[07:14] | Never thought she’d call it. | 没想到她会跟我刚到底 |
[07:16] | Well, you are coming to her rescue. | 你千里迢迢来救她 |
[07:18] | Maybe this’ll turn things around. | 或许她会回心转意呢 |
[07:19] | Who says I want her back? | 谁说我还要她了 |
[07:21] | Great, you don’t want her back. Let’s drop it. | 很好 你不想要回她 话题到此为止 |
[07:23] | I will say one thing. | 但我可以说一件事 |
[07:27] | I miss the sex. | 我倒是挺想念跟她上床 |
[07:28] | Oh, God. | 救命啊 |
[07:28] | She is vivacious. | 她可是龙精虎猛 |
[07:30] | And not just for a woman her age. | 而且对比的可不是她的同龄人 |
[07:33] | Oh, look, a hitchhiker. | 快看 搭便车者 |
[07:35] | Let’s pick him up. Maybe he’ll kill me. | 载上他吧 说不定能杀了我 给个痛快 |
[07:37] | Do you hate Georgie? | 你恨小乔治吗 |
[07:39] | No. No, Georgie’s a good guy. | 不 当然不 小乔治是个好人 |
[07:43] | If anything, I hate myself for making bad decisions. | 要恨 那也是恨自己做了错误的决定 |
[07:46] | Like having sex before marriage? | 比如婚前性行为吗 |
[07:48] | More like having tequila before sex. | 恨自己是酒后乱性吧 |
[07:51] | Hey. | 你们俩 |
[07:52] | What’s going on here? | 你们在干嘛呢 |
[07:53] | Mandy was just telling me how she got pregnant. | 曼蒂在跟我聊她是怎么怀孕的 |
[07:56] | – No, no… – But you said… | -不 不是的 -但你说… |
[07:57] | – No. – No. | -才没有 -没有 |
[08:00] | Uh, are Georgie and Connie okay? | 小乔治跟康妮还好吗 |
[08:05] | Um, I hope so. | 希望没事吧 |
[08:06] | My husband just went down there to get ’em out. | 我丈夫开车下去救他们了 |
[08:09] | Okay. That’s good. | 好的 那太好了 |
[08:13] | Okay, I guess I’ll get going. | 好啦 那我先走了 |
[08:17] | It… was nice seeing ya. | 很… 很高兴见到你 |
[08:21] | I’m sorry about your troubles with the church. | 很抱歉给你在教会添了麻烦 |
[08:25] | What did you tell her? | 你跟人家都说了些什么 |
[08:26] | Just the highlights. | 就重点事件 |
[08:28] | Oh! I forgot I punched out a kid in Sunday school. | 我忘了说我在主日学校揍了同学一拳 |
[08:30] | You don’t have to tell her all that. | 你不用跟她说这些事 |
[08:32] | Maybe she’ll feel guilty and marry Georgie. | 说不定她会感到愧疚就嫁了小乔治 |
[08:38] | No. | 才不要 |
[08:43] | How ya holding up? | 你还好吗 |
[08:45] | Not so good. | 不太好 |
[08:47] | Kid ain’t even born yet and I’m already a terrible father. | 孩子还没出生 我这当爹的已经够失格了 |
[08:50] | You’re not terrible. | 你一点都不失格 |
[08:53] | A terrible father would’ve walked away. | 失格的父亲会一走了之 撒手不管 |
[08:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:59] | Was my dad real pissed off? | 我爸真的很生气吗 |
[09:00] | No. | 没有啦 |
[09:01] | He was positively giddy | 他高兴坏了 |
[09:03] | about having to drive eight hours down to the border | 因为可以开八小时车到边境 |
[09:06] | to bail your ass out. | 保释你这个臭小子 |
[09:08] | Your ass, too. | 也保释你啊 |
[09:09] | Yeah, but I like it when he’s pissed at me. | 对 但我很享受气到他 |
[09:13] | This’ll be a cool story to tell my kid someday. | 以后可以告诉我孩子这个精彩故事 |
[09:17] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:18] | Oh. You know what would be awesome? | 我想到个很酷的主意 |
[09:20] | If it was a boy, we name him Winston. | 如果是男孩 我们就给他起名温斯顿 |
[09:22] | You know, like the cigarettes? | 和那个香烟牌子同名 |
[09:24] | And if it’s a girl, we could name her Virginia. | 如果是女孩 我们可以叫她维珍妮 |
[09:27] | Virginia Slims. | 就是维珍妮牌女士香烟 |
[09:30] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[09:32] | I think that’s enough of you for now. | 你暂时别再来烦我了 |
[09:49] | Evening! | 晚上好 |
[09:50] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[09:51] | Evening. | 晚上好 |
[09:55] | How come George ain’t taking out the garbage? | 怎么不是乔治把垃圾桶搬出来 |
[09:59] | He’s, uh… | 他… |
[10:01] | I am perfectly capable of taking the trash cans out. | 我完全有能力把垃圾桶搬出来 |
[10:04] | ‘Course. | 当然了 |
[10:05] | You are woman– hear you roar. | 你是女人 听你怒吼 |
[10:12] | I sure hope we’re still gonna see y’all in church tomorrow. | 希望明天仍会在教会见到你们 |
[10:16] | Thank you. Um… | 谢谢 |
[10:18] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[10:21] | How’s Georgie and his, uh, young lady friend? | 小乔治和他的小女友还好吗 |
[10:25] | Great. They’re great. | 很好 他们好得很 |
[10:27] | Has anything changed vis-à-vis their… nuptials? | 他们有改变计划 打算…结婚吗 |
[10:30] | Nope. Baby’s gonna be a bastard. | 没有 孩子会是私生子 |
[10:32] | That’s what you’re implying, isn’t it? | 你就想说这个 对吗 |
[10:34] | Not a word I like to use. | 我是不喜欢用这个字眼啦 |
[10:36] | But, most important, a happy, healthy… | 但最重要的是 孩子会是个快乐健康的… |
[10:39] | Bastard. | 私生子 |
[10:41] | What you said. | 就你刚说的那个词 |
[10:42] | Good night, Pastor. | 晚安 牧师 |
[10:44] | God bless. | 上帝保佑 |
[11:03] | Yeah? | 干嘛 |
[11:04] | I can’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[11:05] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[11:06] | This whole Mandy thing is a mess. | 曼蒂这件事真是一团乱 |
[11:08] | If you mean the nomenclature, I agree. | 如果你是指命名法 我同意 |
[11:11] | Norman who? | 哪个明明 |
[11:12] | Nomenclature– the system of devising | 命名法 就是为事物构想 |
[11:14] | or choosing names for things. | 或选择名字的方法 |
[11:15] | For example, if Mandy and Georgie were married, | 比如说 假如曼蒂和小乔治结婚了 |
[11:17] | she’d be our sister-in-law. | 她就会成为我们的大嫂 |
[11:19] | But they’re not. | 但他们没要结婚 |
[11:20] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[11:21] | So we need a term for the unmarried mother | 所以我们要给未来侄子或侄女的未婚母亲 |
[11:23] | of our future niece or nephew. | 取个称呼 |
[11:25] | How ’bout “Mandy”? | 就叫”曼蒂”怎么样 |
[11:26] | Follow me– if we knew the sex of the baby and it was a boy, | 跟上我的节奏 如果我们知道孩子是男孩 |
[11:29] | I was thinking we could call Mandy “Nephewterus,” | 也许可以管曼蒂叫”侄子宫” |
[11:32] | because she’d be having a nephew in her uterus. | 因为她的子宫会孕育出一个侄子 |
[11:34] | However, “Nieceuterus” just doesn’t hit the ear right. | 但是”侄女宫”听起来又不顺耳 |
[11:37] | I still think “Mandy” works. | 我还是觉得叫”曼蒂”就好 |
[11:38] | Now, there is a gender-neutral term | 有一个中性词 |
[11:40] | coined by linguist Samuel Martin in the 1950s, | 是由语言学家萨缪尔·马丁于1950年代创造的 |
[11:42] | which takes the “N” from “Niece” or “Nephew” | 将侄子侄女的”侄”字 |
[11:44] | with “Sibling” to get “Nibling.” | 与”手足”结合得出”侄手足” |
[11:46] | So she’d be our nibling? | 所以她会是我们的”侄手足”吗 |
[11:48] | No, the baby’s the nibling. | 不 孩子才是我们的侄手足 |
[11:49] | Mandy would be either the niblingess or the niblinger. | 曼蒂不是侄手足妈就是侄手足爸 |
[11:52] | Or, in a swerve from our traditional German suffixes, | 又或者背离我们的传统德语后缀 |
[11:55] | “Niblingo.” | 叫她”侄手足家长” |
[11:56] | That one. | 就这个了 |
[11:57] | Oh, yeah, that one’s the winner. | 没错 这个赢了 |
[11:59] | Sadly, “niblingo” never quite caught on. | 遗憾的是 “侄手足家长”没流行起来 |
[12:02] | But that doesn’t stop me from using it in Scrabble. | 但那阻止不了我在玩拼字游戏时用这个词 |
[12:05] | This is gonna be my Christmas card. | 我今年圣诞贺卡的封面就是这个了 |
[12:08] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[12:10] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么会在这 |
[12:12] | I’m saving ya. | 我来拯救你 |
[12:13] | You think I got that kind of cash lying around? | 你以为我手边有那么多现金吗 |
[12:15] | He doesn’t. That’s why I’m saving you. | 他没有 所以我来拯救你 |
[12:18] | Well, damn. | 真不爽 |
[12:19] | – Georgie, come on. – Five more minutes. | -小乔治 快起来 -再睡五分钟 |
[12:22] | Now! | 立刻给我起来 |
[12:23] | Okay! Okay. | 好啦 好啦 |
[12:25] | Fine’s paid. Let’s go. | 交完罚款了 我们走吧 |
[12:28] | I’m really sorry about this, Dad. | 我真的很抱歉 老爸 |
[12:30] | We’ll talk about it in the car. | 我们到车上再聊 |
[12:33] | Well, it’s just you and me. | 只剩下你我二人了 |
[12:35] | Great. | 好棒哦 |
[12:36] | Yeah, it is. ‘Cause I’m saving ya. | 那可不 毕竟是老子拯救了你 |
[12:48] | I know I messed up. | 我知道我闯祸了 |
[12:52] | And I’m gonna pay you back. | 我会还钱给你的 |
[12:53] | Every penny. | 一分不少 |
[12:58] | You get that I was doing this for the baby, right? | 你知道我这么做是为了孩子吧 |
[13:01] | I do. | 我知道 |
[13:04] | Which, when you think about it, | 你仔细想想 |
[13:05] | could be a reason to be proud of me. | 也许这值得你为我感到骄傲哦 |
[13:10] | Take some time. Think about it. | 花点时间 考虑一下嘛 |
[13:16] | When I get the pictures developed, you want copies? | 我把照片冲洗出来后 你想要一份吗 |
[13:19] | No. | 不想 |
[13:22] | Jail’s made you cranky. | 蹲大牢让你很暴躁啊 |
[13:28] | Still haven’t heard “thank you.” | 某人还没说”谢谢”哦 |
[13:30] | Thank you. | 谢你全家 |
[13:32] | Those are the words, but… | 你虽然说了 |
[13:34] | just not feeling it. | 但没有投入感情 |
[13:36] | I’m tired. | 我很累 |
[13:38] | I’m sore. I’m embarrassed. | 很酸痛 觉得很丢脸 |
[13:40] | Could we just… | 拜托你 |
[13:42] | please not? | 现在别烦我 行吗 |
[13:47] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:51] | Did you have to join any gangs when you were in there? | 你在狱中有没有被迫加入帮派 |
[13:56] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[13:58] | What? | 什么 |
[14:00] | Were you scared when Mom got pregnant with me? | 妈妈怀上我时你害怕吗 |
[14:02] | I was terrified. | 我快吓死了 |
[14:06] | Why? You scared? | 为什么问 你害怕吗 |
[14:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[14:11] | You’d be a fool if you weren’t. | 要是不怕你就是大傻子 |
[14:13] | I don’t know what I’m doing. | 我不知道自己在干什么 |
[14:14] | I don’t know what’s expected of me. | 我不知道我被寄予什么期望 |
[14:16] | At least you and Mom got married and were a team. | 至少你和老妈结婚了 夫妻同心 |
[14:20] | Yeah, you got it rougher than me. | 你确实比我更艰难 |
[14:23] | Does it ever stop being scary? | 害怕的感觉有一天会消失吗 |
[14:25] | I got a call from the Mexican border that my son was in jail. | 我接到墨西哥边境的来电 说我儿子在监狱里 |
[14:28] | What do you think? | 你说呢 |
[14:29] | Fair point. | 有道理 |
[14:30] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:34] | It’s not all scary. There’s fun parts. | 不全是害怕 也有快乐的部分 |
[14:36] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[14:39] | We went to the beach once. That wasn’t bad. | 我们去过一次海边 挺开心的 |
[14:41] | Well, regardless, it’s happening. | 不管怎样 这事都要发生了 |
[14:43] | I’m gonna be a dad. | 我要当爸爸了 |
[14:45] | Yes, you are. | 没错 |
[14:48] | I hope I’m as good a dad as you are. | 希望我能成为像你一样棒的爸爸 |
[14:51] | Don’t try to butter me up. | 别拍我的马屁 |
[14:53] | – You saw that, huh? – Yeah, I saw it. | -被你识破了哈 -无情识破了 |
[14:54] | Boy, you are smart. | 你真的好聪明 |
[14:59] | Just to be clear, I’m gonna pay you back every cent. | 跟你说清楚 我会把罚金全部还给你的 |
[15:02] | Ah. Don’t worry about it. | 别操心钱的事了 |
[15:03] | – I am worrying about it. – Well, | -我就是在操心 -这样吧 |
[15:05] | think of the money as a gift. | 把这笔钱当做礼物好了 |
[15:08] | That I’m gonna be holding over your head. | 我会一直用来提醒你欠了我 |
[15:10] | Well, that doesn’t work for me. | 这招对我没用 |
[15:13] | How ’bout… | 要不这样 |
[15:16] | when we get home… | 等我们回家后 |
[15:18] | I make it up to ya? | 我补偿你 |
[15:23] | Now, hold on. You want to… | 等一下 你想… |
[15:25] | you want to wipe out a $2,500 debt with one roll in the hay? | 你想靠滚一次床单就免除掉两千五的债吗 |
[15:29] | Are you saying I’m not worth it? | 你意思是我不值这个价吗 |
[15:31] | I’m saying it’s a lot of money. | 我意思是这是一大笔钱 |
[15:32] | Never mind. Offer’s off the table. | 算了 当我没提 |
[15:34] | No, no, no, wait a minute. Hang on. | 不不不 等一下 别着急 |
[15:35] | Too late. Too late. | 太迟了 来不及了 |
[15:37] | Hey, I was thinking a fair price would be… | 我在想比较公平合理的价格是 |
[15:40] | $500 a roll. | 一次五百 |
[15:41] | Well, isn’t that what a girl wants to hear? | 女孩子最喜欢听这种甜言蜜语了呢 |
[15:46] | Seemed fair to me. | 我觉得挺合理的啊 |
[15:49] | Do you think Georgie got a tattoo in jail? | 你说小乔治有没有在狱中文个身 |
[15:51] | No. | 不可能 |
[15:52] | Do you think Meemaw did? | 那姥姥呢 |
[15:55] | Probably. | 很可能有 |
[15:57] | Are we going to church? | 我们要去教会吗 |
[15:58] | I’m going. | 我准备去 |
[16:00] | After everything that happened? | 发生了那些不愉快的事 你还要去吗 |
[16:02] | Isn’t that weird? | 不会很尴尬吗 |
[16:04] | Doesn’t matter. | 那些都不重要 |
[16:05] | I need to. | 我需要去 |
[16:07] | I’ll go with you. | 我陪你去 |
[16:10] | You don’t have to. | 你不用勉强自己去的 |
[16:12] | I want to. | 我想去 |
[16:21] | What? | 干嘛 |
[16:43] | This isn’t where we sit. | 我们平时不是坐这里啊 |
[16:44] | – It’s all right. – All right? | -没关系的 -怎么会没关系 |
[16:47] | – This is nowhere near the acoustic sweet spot. – Shush. | -这里离完美听感点十万八千里远 -别出声 |
[16:50] | And I’m sitting behind what may be the largest man in Texas. | 而且我前面那位壮汉估计是全德州最魁梧的了 |
[16:56] | Dear friends, let us love one another. | 亲爱的教友们 我们应当彼此相爱 |
[17:00] | Whoever does not love does not know God, | 不懂爱的人就不懂上帝 |
[17:02] | because God is love. | 因为上帝即是爱的化身 |
[17:06] | It means that we are responsible for sharing | 这意味着我们有责任 |
[17:10] | that love with all those around us. | 与身边所有人分享这份爱 |
[17:12] | Now let’s join hands and pray. | 现在我们携手祈祷吧 |
[17:15] | Dear Heavenly Father, | 亲爱的天父 |
[17:17] | thank you for gathering us here today | 感谢您让我们今天齐聚在此 |
[17:19] | to join together in worship… | 一同敬拜 |
[17:20] | I’ve had enough. Let’s go. | 我受够了 我们走 |
[17:22] | – You sure? – Yes. | -你确定 -确定 |
[17:23] | Please give us the strength to reflect | 请赐予我们力量 |
[17:25] | your abundant love out into the world. | 将您丰盛的慈爱挥洒到人间 |
[17:29] | Thank you for bringing us here today | 感谢您让我们今天齐聚在此 |
[17:32] | to join together in worship. | 一同敬拜 |
[17:34] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[17:35] | Am I the only one struck by the incredible hypocrisy of this sermon? | 只有我一人被这伪善的布道内容惊到吗 |
[17:39] | You go on and on about loving one another | 你滔滔不绝地说要彼此相爱 |
[17:41] | and how God is love. | 说上帝即是爱的化身 |
[17:42] | But not when it comes to my mother and our family? | 但轮到我母亲和我家人 你们就双标了 |
[17:44] | And why? Because my brother impregnated a woman | 为什么 就因为我哥哥让一个 |
[17:46] | 11 years older than him? | 比自己年长11岁的女人怀孕了 |
[17:48] | Which one could argue was an act of love. | 人们也可以说这是爱的展现啊 |
[17:50] | – Sheldon. – At least on his part. She doesn’t seem to care for him. | -谢尔顿 -至少他是出于爱 她好像不喜欢他 |
[17:53] | – Also, earlier, you said “Nebuh-kuh-nezzar.” – Sheldon. | -还有 你之前说”尼布姐尼撒” -谢尔顿 |
[17:55] | In Hebrew, it would be pronounced “Neboo-kha-nezzar.” | 希伯来语应该念”尼布甲尼撒” |
[17:57] | More in the back of the throat. Kha. | 喉音要发出来 甲 |
[17:59] | – Kha. Bye. – Sheldon. | -甲 再见 -谢尔顿 |
[18:00] | Or in Hebrew, shalom. | 或者用希伯来语念 就是谢尔墩 |
[18:01] | Which also means “Hello.” And “Peace.” | 也有”你好”的意思 还有”和平” |
[18:03] | Kha! Kha! | 甲 甲 |
[18:12] | How’s Mom? | 妈妈还好吗 |
[18:14] | Pretty upset. | 很难过 |
[18:15] | Even after that excellent speech I made? | 听完我那番精彩演讲她还难过吗 |
[18:18] | For once, I don’t think you’re the problem. | 至少这一次 你不是问题所在 |
[18:20] | Good for me. | 那挺好 |
[18:24] | I’m reading. | 我在看书 |
[18:31] | Hi there, Missy. | 你好 米希 |
[18:33] | May I help you? | 有何贵干 |
[18:34] | Um, I was hoping to talk to your mom. She around? | 我想和你妈妈谈谈 她在家吗 |
[18:38] | I’m not sure. Let me see if she’s available. | 不确定 我去看看她有没有空 |
[18:41] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[18:43] | She’s available. | 她有空 |
[18:46] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:47] | Mary, I am so sorry about today. | 玛丽 今天的事我深感抱歉 |
[18:50] | I understand why you’re upset. | 我懂你为什么不开心 |
[18:53] | But the church is still your family. | 但教会依然是你的家人 |
[18:55] | I’d just… hate to see you walk away from the Lord. | 我不愿看到你离主而去 |
[19:03] | Feels like he’s walking away from me. | 感觉是祂离我而去了 |