时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I understand you’re moving forward | 我知道你正在推进 |
[00:03] | with Sheldon’s grant database. | 跟谢尔顿的科研补助金数据库立合同的事情 |
[00:05] | I was an intrinsic part of that. | 我也是其中不可或缺的一部分 |
[00:06] | Hmm. Sheldon didn’t mention you. | 谢尔顿没提到你啊 |
[00:08] | Of course he didn’t, that pint-sized little credit hog. | 他当然没有啦 这个抢功劳的小豆丁 |
[00:11] | What did you decide? | 那你有什么决定 |
[00:12] | I’m cutting everybody out and doing this myself. | 我要把所有人踢出去 独力完成 |
[00:14] | – What? – I don’t need the university, | -什么 -我不需要大学 |
[00:16] | and I don’t need Dr. Linkletter. | 也不需要林克莱特博士 |
[00:17] | How are you gonna pay for all this? | 你怎么支付研发费用呢 |
[00:19] | I’ll find private investors. | 我会找私人投资者 |
[00:20] | They can pay for it on the condition I’m left alone. | 在不打扰我的条件下 他们可以支付费用 |
[00:23] | Are you sure you don’t want to think about this a little more? | 你真的不再考虑一下吗 |
[00:26] | Perhaps you’re right. | 或许你说得对 |
[00:27] | Done. I’m good. | 好 考虑完了 |
[00:33] | Good morning. I’m Sheldon Cooper. | 早安 我叫谢尔顿·库珀 |
[00:35] | Thank you for taking the time to hear my proposal. | 感谢你们抽空来听我的提案 |
[00:37] | I have some handouts. | 我有先打印好一些资料 |
[00:40] | I-I’m sorry, who are you? | 抱歉 你是谁啊 |
[00:41] | Oh, I’m… Sheldon Cooper. | 我是谢尔顿·库珀啊 |
[00:43] | I’m here to pitch my idea for a grant computer database. | 我来推我的电脑科研补助金数据库计划 |
[00:46] | How old are you? | 你几岁啊 |
[00:48] | When you hear my presentation, I believe you’ll realize | 等你听完我的报告 我相信你会发现 |
[00:50] | my age is irrelevant. | 我的年纪根本无所谓 |
[00:52] | So there’s no adult with you? | 所以没有大人陪你吗 |
[00:54] | Well, my mom drove me here, but I told her to wait in the car. | 是我妈妈开车载我来的 但我让她在车里等我 |
[00:59] | Is this a joke? | 这是在开玩笑吗 |
[01:00] | I assure you, it’s not. | 我跟你保证绝对不是 |
[01:01] | When I make jokes, I follow them with a “Bazinga” | 当我开玩笑时 我会在后面加上”逗你玩” |
[01:03] | so it’s clear. | 以免发生误会 |
[01:04] | “Bazinga.” | “逗你玩” |
[01:08] | How long does it take to grow a mustache? | 长出胡子需要多久的时间 |
[01:11] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:14] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:16] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:19] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:22] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:31] | I know we’ve lost to Pineview a lot over the years, | 我知道我们这些年来输给派恩维尤队很多次 |
[01:34] | but that’s in the past. | 但那都是过去式了 |
[01:35] | You’re a different team now. | 我们现在已脱胎换骨 |
[01:37] | So just stick to the plan, and you’re gonna come out on top. | 所以只要照着战术打 你们绝对会赢 |
[01:40] | And Stevens, I don’t care how uncomfortable you are, | 史蒂芬斯 我不管你觉得有多不舒服 |
[01:42] | you’re wearin’ your cup tonight. | 你今晚绝对得穿护裆 |
[01:44] | All right, | 好了 |
[01:45] | you boys have worked hard for this. | 你们辛苦训练了这么久 |
[01:47] | Now, let’s get out there and get that W. | 现在去打下这场胜仗吧 |
[01:49] | Yeah! Let’s go! Yes, sir! | 好的 上啊 |
[01:51] | Looking like some winners in here. | 一看你们就会赢呢 |
[01:52] | Hey, y’all. George. | 大家好 你好啊 乔治 |
[01:54] | – Pastor Rob, you made it. – Of course. | -罗伯牧师 你来啦 -当然 |
[01:56] | And… why? | 为什么来呢 |
[01:58] | Coach Wilkins invited me to pray with the kids | 威尔金斯教练邀请我来在比赛前 |
[02:00] | before the game. | 带领孩子们一起祈祷 |
[02:01] | Oh. And… why? | 了解 所以为什么呢 |
[02:03] | Can’t hurt to have a little extra help | 跟上面那位大人物 |
[02:04] | from the big man upstairs. | 祈求一点帮助也不会有什么损失吧 |
[02:06] | Amen to that. | 说得对 |
[02:07] | All right, guys. Circle up. | 好啦 各位来围成一圈 |
[02:10] | Lord, we lift these players… | 主啊 我们给予这些球员… |
[02:12] | What the hell, Wayne? | 你搞毛呢 韦恩 |
[02:14] | What? Lots of teams do it. | 怎么 很多队伍都这么做啊 |
[02:15] | – Well, why him? – He’s a good guy. | -那为什么非要找他 -他是好人啊 |
[02:18] | He’s been counseling me since Darlene left. | 达琳离开我之后 都是他在辅导我 |
[02:23] | Fine, just… next time, give me a heads-up. | 行吧 下次要干什么先通知我一下吧 |
[02:26] | Yeah, you’re right, I’m sorry. | 你说得对 我很抱歉 |
[02:27] | It’s okay, forget about it. | 没事啦 算了算了 |
[02:29] | – Amen! – Amen! | -阿门 -阿门 |
[02:30] | All right, hands in, | 好啦 手伸过来 |
[02:32] | “Team” on three! | 数到三喊”队伍” |
[02:33] | One, two, three! | 一 二 三 |
[02:34] | Team! Let’s go! | 队伍 上啊 |
[02:37] | Yeah! All right, boys, go get ’em. | 好啦 孩子们 去赢吧 |
[02:40] | He did “Team on three.” | 他抢了”数到三喊队伍” |
[02:41] | I do “Team on three.” | 这是我的 |
[02:43] | I’ll do it with ya. Wh… | 那我来跟你做吧 |
[02:44] | It’s not the same. | 这又不一样 |
[02:48] | Hey, how was the game? | 比赛怎么样啦 |
[02:51] | Fine. | 还行吧 |
[02:52] | Well, Pineview’s a tough team. | 派恩维尤队是强队 |
[02:54] | Don’t beat yourself up. | 别太泄气 |
[02:55] | No, we won. | 不 我们赢了 |
[02:59] | I want to be happy, but your face is confusing me. | 我想高兴 但你的表情让我搞不懂 |
[03:02] | We destroyed ’em. It was a blowout. | 我们摧枯拉朽 虐了他们 |
[03:05] | That doesn’t clear things up. | 你的解释我还是没懂 |
[03:08] | Pastor Rob prayed with the team before the game | 罗伯牧师在比赛前带领队伍祈祷了 |
[03:11] | and everyone thinks he’s the reason we won. | 现在大家觉得他才是我们赢球的理由 |
[03:14] | So you’re mad he helped you win? | 所以你在不爽他帮你们赢了吗 |
[03:16] | He didn’t help! | 他帮个屁啊 |
[03:17] | I coached that team up, I designed the game plan. | 我训练整个队伍 为他们设计战术 |
[03:20] | But who do they hoist on their shoulders | 但赛末吹哨时 球员们把谁 |
[03:21] | after the final whistle? | 扛到肩膀上庆祝了呢 |
[03:23] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[03:26] | What? | 怎么 |
[03:28] | Come on. | 还用我说吗 |
[03:33] | Of course I like cars. | 我当然喜欢汽车啦 |
[03:35] | Most girls don’t? | 大多数女孩都不喜欢吗 |
[03:36] | Well, I do. | 反正我喜欢 |
[03:38] | Which one’s your favorite? | 你最喜欢哪一牌 |
[03:40] | Yeah, totally. | 完全同意 |
[03:41] | Ford’s the best. | 福特最赞了 |
[03:43] | Missy, I need to use the phone. | 米希 我需要使用电话 |
[03:45] | Too bad. | 关我屁事 |
[03:46] | This is important. | 我有要紧的事 |
[03:47] | Can’t you lie to boys about liking cars some other time? | 你不能改天再骗男生你对车感兴趣吗 |
[03:50] | I gotta go. Bye. | 我得挂了 再见 |
[03:54] | Here. | 拿去 |
[03:56] | Wait, don’t go away. I need your help. | 等等 别走 我需要你的帮忙 |
[03:59] | This is stupid. | 这太蠢了吧 |
[04:00] | Do you want the money or not? | 这钱你是想要还是不想要 |
[04:04] | Hello? Yes, I have Sheldon Cooper calling for Mr. Jennings. | 您好 谢尔顿·库珀办公室想找詹宁斯先生 |
[04:08] | Yes, we’ll hold. | 可以 我们可以稍候 |
[04:14] | Hello, Mr. Jennings. | 你好 詹宁斯先生 |
[04:15] | Mr. Cooper here. | 我是库珀先生 |
[04:18] | Yes, I know we have an appointment for tomorrow, | 是的 我知道我们预约了明天开会 |
[04:20] | but I thought, why wait to do this face-to-face | 但我想 反正可以打电话聊 |
[04:22] | when we could do it over the phone? Ha, ha. | 有什么必要一定要见面再谈呢 哈哈 |
[04:25] | Well, it’s just that | 只是因为 |
[04:26] | there’s been so much interest in the grant database, | 太多人对科研补助金数据库感兴趣 |
[04:28] | I wanted to make sure that you got a chance to hear it first. | 我想确保你有机会抢先听到第一手消息 |
[04:32] | Excellent. Well… | 太好了 |
[04:36] | I’m on the phone. | 我在用电话 |
[04:37] | Oh. Sorry, baby. | 抱歉啊 宝贝 |
[04:39] | Uh, so you can hang up now. | 你那边可以先挂掉了 |
[04:41] | Your voice sounds funny, | 你的声音听起来怪怪的 |
[04:42] | are you coming down with a cold? | 你是不是感冒了 |
[04:45] | No, I’m fine. | 没有 我身体好得很 |
[04:46] | This is my normal adult voice. | 这是我正常的大人音 |
[04:47] | I guess I just miss that sweet little boy voice. | 可能我还是很想念你可爱的小男孩音吧 |
[04:51] | Mom! | 妈 |
[04:52] | Wh– I-It doesn’t matter how old I am, Mr. Jennings, | 我几岁这件事情完全不重要 詹宁斯先生 |
[04:54] | because I’m really, really smart. | 因为我非常非常聪明 |
[04:55] | Oh, is this about his database thingy? | 是在谈你那个数据库的东西吗 |
[04:58] | He is so excited about that | 他对这东西真的很有激情 |
[05:00] | I could barely get him to bed last night. | 我昨晚好不容易才哄他去睡觉 |
[05:03] | Mom! | 妈 |
[05:05] | Oh. As long as I’ve been teaching here, | 从我开始在这里教书以来 |
[05:08] | we have never beaten Pineview. | 我们就没有打赢过派恩维尤队 |
[05:09] | Oh, well, I can’t take credit for that. | 这功劳不是我的 |
[05:11] | Gotta give it to the big guy. | 都是大家伙的功劳 |
[05:12] | George? | 乔治吗 |
[05:13] | Oh, I meant the big guy upstairs, | 不是 我是指天上的大人 |
[05:15] | but yeah, him, too. | 不过乔治也有功劳啦 |
[05:17] | So when you baptize someone, | 当你给人施洗时 |
[05:19] | are you only wearing swim trunks or…? | 你是只穿着泳裤还是… |
[05:22] | Oh, no, no, fully covered. | 不不不 我全身都穿着衣服 |
[05:24] | So is it, like, in a pool… | 所以是在泳池里… |
[05:26] | or a hot tub or… | 还是浴缸里之类的… |
[05:29] | I thought you were Mormon. | 你不是信摩门教的吗 |
[05:30] | – Mind your business. – Okay. | -少多管闲事 -好的 |
[05:33] | Good mornin’. | 早安 |
[05:34] | – Hey, George. – Hey. | -早安 乔治 -早 |
[05:34] | Hey, good morning, George. | 早安啊 乔治 |
[05:36] | What’s going on here? | 你们在聊什么呢 |
[05:37] | Just talking about Friday’s game. | 随便聊聊上周五那场比赛 |
[05:38] | The paper called it the “Medford Miracle.” | 报纸称之为”梅德福奇迹”呢 |
[05:41] | No miracle, just good coaching. | 不是奇迹 良好的教练指导罢了 |
[05:43] | Let’s not forget about those kids– | 也别忘了那些孩子们 |
[05:44] | I mean, they really played their hearts out. | 他们可是使出了浑身解数呢 |
[05:47] | One of the things I coached them to do. | 其中一件我教导他们要做的事 |
[05:49] | Of course. I’m just saying it’s a team effort. | 当然啦 我只是说这是团队的努力成果 |
[05:52] | I’m sorry, what are you doin’ here? | 抱歉问一下 你在这里干嘛 |
[05:53] | Oh. A couple of the players wanted to talk, | 有几个球员想要聊聊 |
[05:55] | so I’m waiting for them to have a free period. | 所以我在等他们课间有空的时候 |
[05:58] | Talk about what? | 聊什么 |
[05:59] | Anything they want. | 任何他们想聊的事情 |
[06:01] | Just here to listen. | 我只是来聆听罢了 |
[06:03] | He’s a good listener, George. | 他是个很好的聆听者 乔治 |
[06:05] | If you ever need someone to talk to– | 如果你哪天想找人谈… |
[06:06] | I’m fine. | 不必 |
[06:07] | Sure. | 行呗 |
[06:10] | A man who listens. | 一个听人说话的男人 |
[06:16] | So what’s up? | 有什么事 |
[06:18] | Well, I was hoping I could maybe | 我想先征求你的同意 |
[06:20] | bring a friend over to watch a movie. | 我能不能带个朋友过来看电影 |
[06:22] | And would that friend be a-a boy? | 那个朋友是男生吗 |
[06:25] | Yeah, his name is Dean and he’s so cool, | 对 他的名字叫迪恩 他超酷 |
[06:27] | and if I bring him to my house, | 如果我带他回我家 |
[06:28] | my family’s gonna embarrass me | 我的家人绝对会害我出糗 |
[06:29] | and he’s never gonna talk to me again. | 他就再也不会想跟我说话了 |
[06:31] | Calm down, he can come here. | 冷静 你可以带他过来 |
[06:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:33] | – But I have some rules. – Anything. | -但我有一些规矩 -尽管说 |
[06:36] | Okay, first rule, | 第一条规矩 |
[06:37] | you can sit on the same couch, | 你们可以坐在同一张沙发 |
[06:38] | but separate cushions. | 但得是不同坐垫上 |
[06:40] | And no crossing the line. | 而且不许跨线 |
[06:42] | – Deal. – I’m not done. | -可以 -还没说完呢 |
[06:44] | I will leave you alone, | 我不会坐在旁边 |
[06:46] | but I will cross through occasionally, | 但我会时不时经过一下 |
[06:48] | unannounced | 不会提前通知 |
[06:50] | and I better not see any scooting, scurrying | 最好不要让我看到任何鬼鬼祟祟 偷偷摸摸 |
[06:52] | or resetting of pillows. | 或者是靠枕改变位置的举动 |
[06:54] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[06:54] | The movie can be PG-13, | 你们可以看13岁以上级别的电影 |
[06:56] | but the date has to stay G. | 但约会只能是绿色的全年龄适宜约会 |
[06:58] | – I promise. – All right, then. | -我保证 -那行吧 |
[07:01] | – Thank you, you’re the best meemaw ever. – Yeah, I know. | -谢谢 你是世界上最好的姥姥 -我知道 |
[07:03] | And just so you know, Little Mermaid is rated G, | 顺便跟你说 《小美人鱼》是全年龄电影 |
[07:06] | and they totally kiss. | 但里面接吻了 |
[07:08] | On the lips. | 而且是嘴对嘴 |
[07:11] | No one will even listen to my ideas. | 没有人愿意听我的点子 |
[07:13] | I’m being discriminated against because I’m too young. | 我因为年纪太小而被歧视了 |
[07:16] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 这真是太令人遗憾了 |
[07:17] | I can’t wait till I’m your age | 我真迫不及待想变你的年纪 |
[07:18] | and people treat me with respect and reverence. | 这样人们就会尊重并敬畏我 |
[07:20] | Sometimes older people get discriminated against, too. | 有时候老人也会受到歧视啊 |
[07:23] | For what? Getting smaller and cuter year after year? | 歧视哪点啊 身形越变越小 但人越来越可爱吗 |
[07:26] | Look at you. | 看你就知道 |
[07:27] | Well, sometimes people assume, | 有时候人们会先入为主 |
[07:29] | because of my age, that I’m out of touch, that I, uh, | 认为我都这把年纪了 我成了老古板 我… |
[07:33] | don’t know how to use new technologies, that I, uh… | 对那些新科技肯定一窍不通 我… |
[07:37] | Hold on, there’s a third one. | 等等 我还有第三点 |
[07:39] | So I’m too young and you’re too old? | 所以我太小而你太老是吗 |
[07:41] | If you take the mean of both our ages, | 如果取我们年龄的平均数 |
[07:42] | we’d be a formidable 41. | 那我们就是强大的41岁 |
[07:49] | My name is Sheldon Cooper | 我叫谢尔顿·库珀 |
[07:50] | and this is my partner, Dr. John Sturgis. | 这是我的搭档约翰·斯特吉斯博士 |
[07:52] | – Greetings. – With us, | -各位好 -我们这组合 |
[07:54] | you get both youth and experience. | 你们能得到青春与丰富的经验 |
[07:56] | Oh, by the way, I remembered that third thing. | 对了 我想起第三个点了 |
[07:59] | I’ll tell you later. | 我等会再告诉你 |
[08:06] | So once this is up and running, | 一旦架设并运作起来 |
[08:07] | anyone with a computer and a modem can have access | 任何有电脑与上网能力的人都能获得 |
[08:09] | to every grant offered worldwide. | 全世界所有科研补助金项目的信息 |
[08:11] | And you can charge for access on both sides. | 而且你们还能双向收费 |
[08:15] | As the kids like to say, ka-ching. | 就像这年头孩子们会发出的那个声音 |
[08:18] | That’s the sound of a cash register, | 那是收银机收款的声音 |
[08:20] | in case the onomatopoeia was unclear. | 以免有人没理解这个拟声词 |
[08:22] | Sounds like this could be very lucrative. | 听起来这东西十分有利可图啊 |
[08:24] | It was clear. | 大家都有懂 |
[08:25] | How soon do you think you could have a prototype? | 你们多久能弄出个原型呢 |
[08:27] | Well, working around my class schedule | 考虑到我的课表 |
[08:29] | and a sensible bedtime, I think within a year. | 与合理的睡眠时间 大概一年内吧 |
[08:32] | If we fund this, we’d expect you to work on it full-time. | 要我们出资 我们要你全职开发 |
[08:34] | We don’t want someone else beating us to the punch. | 我们可不想有别人抢在我们之前 |
[08:36] | I suppose I could, uh, take a sabbatical from teaching, | 我是也可以请学术休假来做这件事啦 |
[08:40] | but my bedtime is also quite rigid. | 但我的睡眠时间也挺固定的 |
[08:42] | Look, building a company is not a part-time endeavor. | 仅靠业余时间是建立不起一个公司的 |
[08:45] | We need to know our partners are as committed as we are. | 我们需要确定合作伙伴与我们一样全身心投入 |
[08:48] | So you want me to drop out of college? | 你们希望我大学休学是吗 |
[08:50] | Of course not. We want to give you money to build a grant database. | 当然不是啦 我们希望注资让你开发科研补助金数据库 |
[08:53] | I guess the question is… | 但我想问题是… |
[08:55] | what do you want? | 那你想要什么 |
[08:57] | Well, I-I want that too, | 我当然也想要你们的资金 |
[08:58] | but I should probably ask my mom. | 或许我该问问看我妈 |
[09:02] | My mom is long dead, so… | 我母亲去世多年 所以… |
[09:05] | I’m good to go. | 我没问题 |
[09:07] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[09:08] | We found investors for the grant database. | 我们找到科研补助金数据库的投资人了 |
[09:10] | Oh, honey, that’s great. | 亲爱的 那太好啦 |
[09:12] | And even more good news, you no longer have to drive me to school, | 还有个更好的消息 你以后不用载我去学校了 |
[09:14] | because I’m dropping out to work on it. | 因为我要休学来弄这个项目 |
[09:16] | What? No, you’re not. | 什么 不 你不能休学 |
[09:18] | But they won’t fund the project unless i’m working on it full-time. | 但如果我不是全职在做 他们就不会愿意投资 |
[09:21] | I don’t care, you’re finishing college. | 我不在乎 你必须得读完大学 |
[09:24] | But you let him drop out. | 但你就让他辍学啊 |
[09:25] | And look how his life turned out. | 那你看看他人生怎么样了 |
[09:28] | I’m sorry, Sheldon, | 抱歉 谢尔顿 |
[09:29] | but you’re gonna have to tell them no. | 你得跟人家回复不行 |
[09:31] | I got a job | 我有一份工作 |
[09:32] | and a cool garage to live in. | 还有个很赞的车库住 |
[09:33] | This doesn’t have to be permanent. I can always go back. | 这又不是永久的 我随时能回去接着读啊 |
[09:36] | People always say that, and then life gets in the way. | 很多人都这么说 但生活会挡住这条路 |
[09:38] | I was gonna go to college after I had Georgie, | 我本来生完小乔治后也想去读大学 |
[09:41] | and then I didn’t. | 但我没去成 |
[09:42] | And look how her life turned out. | 看看她人生变什么样了 |
[09:44] | This discussion is over. | 讨论就此结束 |
[09:46] | This is so unfair. | 这太不公平了 |
[09:47] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[09:48] | Sheldon wants to quit college. | 谢尔顿想从大学休学 |
[09:50] | So I’m the only one who’s not a dropout? | 只有我不是辍学的废物吗 |
[09:52] | Who saw that coming? | 谁能料到啊 |
[09:55] | Hey, Coach. | 教练 |
[09:57] | You got a sec? | 有空聊聊吗 |
[09:59] | I’m trying to get through this game tape on Jasper. | 我正忙着看贾斯珀队的比赛录像 |
[10:02] | We’re playing them on Friday. | 我们周五要迎战他们 |
[10:03] | Oh, I know, I’ll-I’ll be there. | 我知道 我会到场 |
[10:05] | Praying for you. | 去为你们祈祷 |
[10:07] | Great. | 好棒哦 |
[10:09] | Heck of a practice today. | 今天的练习好辛苦啊 |
[10:10] | Yeah? What practice were you watching? | 有吗 你看他们练什么项目了 |
[10:12] | They were soft as noodles out there. | 都是一群没用的软脚蟹 |
[10:14] | Yeah. Yeah, I heard you yell that a few times. | 是啊 我听见你骂了他们好几次 |
[10:21] | What can I do for ya, Rob? | 有什么事吗 罗伯 |
[10:24] | Well, you know I counsel a few of your players. | 你知道我有辅导你的几名队员 |
[10:25] | – Mm-hmm. – And, uh, | -是的 -是这样的 |
[10:27] | a-a couple of them have mentioned that | 有两三个人都提到 |
[10:30] | maybe you’ve been a little hard on ’em this week. | 你这周对他们有点过于严厉了 |
[10:32] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:33] | Was it Stevens? | 是史蒂芬斯吗 |
[10:34] | I bet it was Stevens. | 肯定是史蒂芬斯那臭小子 |
[10:35] | It doesn’t matter. | 是谁不重要啦 |
[10:37] | Thought I should let you know. | 我就是觉得该告诉你一声 |
[10:39] | They think I’ve been hard, | 他们以为这就算严厉了 |
[10:40] | they haven’t seen “hard” yet. | 他们根本没见识过真正的地狱模式 |
[10:42] | It’s just… I find that some kids | 我只是觉得有些孩子 |
[10:44] | respond better to encouragement. | 给予他们鼓励 效果会更好 |
[10:46] | This isn’t Sunday school, this is football. | 这里不是主日学校 是橄榄球队 |
[10:49] | Oh, hey. I get it. | 我懂 |
[10:50] | I was an athlete in high school. Varsity tennis. | 我高中时也是运动员 网球校队的 |
[10:53] | Okay. | 是哦 |
[10:54] | Almost went to state. | 差点被招进州代表队了 |
[10:56] | I’m sure you did. | 是啦是啦 |
[10:57] | And I’m sure tennis is considered | 我相信网球也算是正经运动啦 |
[10:59] | a real sport… somewhere. | 在某个山旮旯 |
[11:02] | But this is Texas, | 但这里是血气方刚的德州 |
[11:03] | and this game on Friday is gonna be a street fight, | 周五这场比赛会是肉搏战 |
[11:05] | and it is my job to make sure these boys are ready for it. | 我有责任让队员们做好准备 |
[11:07] | Yeah, we got the same goal here, George. | 我们的目的是一样的 乔治 |
[11:09] | Really? You also want you to get out of my office? | 真的吗 你也想把你赶出我的办公室吗 |
[11:14] | All right, I’ll go. | 懂了 我马上走 |
[11:17] | I’m sorry if I overstepped. I just… | 如果我越界了 很抱歉 |
[11:20] | hope you think about what I said, and, uh… | 希望你能考虑一下我的话 |
[11:23] | ball’s in your court. | 网球已到你的半场 轮到你做决定了 |
[11:26] | Yeah, I’m not doin’ that back. | 我不会挥拍回应你的 |
[11:31] | Okay. I’m just gonna set this | 我把爆米花 |
[11:33] | right here between you. | 放在你俩中间 |
[11:37] | And remember, just one hand at a time. | 记住 别同时伸手去拿 |
[11:40] | Thank you, Meemaw. | 谢谢你 姥姥 |
[11:41] | I’ll just be upstairs, | 我就在楼上 |
[11:44] | unless I’m downstairs. | 除非我下来了 |
[11:46] | I could be anywhere. | 我会无处不在 |
[11:47] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[11:50] | – Sorry about her. – Oh, no, | -我姥姥好失礼 -没事 |
[11:51] | I like that you and your grandma are so close. | 我喜欢你和你外婆如此亲近 |
[11:53] | – You do? – I think it’s cool. | -真的吗 -我觉得很酷 |
[11:56] | Yeah, she’s cool. We’re pretty close. | 她人是挺酷的 我们超亲的 |
[11:58] | I was close to my grandma, too. | 我以前和我外婆也很亲 |
[12:00] | Grandmas are the best. | 外婆都是最棒的 |
[12:01] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[12:03] | Mine died earlier this year. | 我外婆今年早些时候去世了 |
[12:07] | I’m sorry. | 请节哀 |
[12:08] | Yeah, it’s… it’s okay. | 谢谢 我没事 |
[12:12] | So, should we start the movie? | 我们开始看电影吧 |
[12:14] | Totally. | 好的 |
[12:20] | Is she just gonna sit upstairs by herself? | 她打算一个人待在楼上吗 |
[12:23] | Oh, yeah, she loves it. | 是的 她超喜欢这样 |
[12:24] | Probably knitting. | 八成在织毛衣 |
[12:26] | My grandma knitted. | 我外婆生前也喜欢织毛衣 |
[12:31] | Hey, think she’d want to watch with us? | 她会不会想跟我们一起看电影 |
[12:33] | Oh, no, she’s fine. | 不会的 |
[12:35] | I just know if I had the chance | 我知道如果我还有机会 |
[12:37] | to watch one more movie with my grandma, | 和我外婆再看一部电影 |
[12:40] | I’d hate to pass it up. | 我绝不会错过 |
[12:43] | Meemaw! | 姥姥 |
[12:47] | So what’s goin’ on here? | 现在是什么情况 |
[12:49] | I really don’t know. | 讲真 我也不知道 |
[12:52] | Well, how are the boys looking for Friday? | 周五的大战 孩子们的状态怎么样 |
[12:55] | Good. | 还行 |
[12:56] | Just good? | 只是还行吗 |
[12:58] | ‘Cause I have a bet with the Jasper principal | 我和贾斯珀的校长打了赌 |
[13:00] | and I really don’t want to wear a pink cowboy hat | 我可不想因为输了 下次必须戴粉色牛仔帽 |
[13:03] | to the next pep rally. | 去赛前动员会 |
[13:05] | I gotta be honest, it’d be going better | 说实话 如果罗伯牧师别多管闲事 |
[13:06] | if Pastor Rob would stay in his lane. | 我们备战会更顺利 |
[13:09] | Well, I thought the kids liked having him around. | 我还以为孩子们喜欢他的陪伴 |
[13:11] | Yeah, ’cause he’s filling their heads with junk | 当然喜欢啦 因为他都给他们灌输 |
[13:13] | like they should be treated nice and not get yelled at. | 球员应该被温柔以待 不该挨训这种歪理 |
[13:16] | Oh. Well, he’s one of those, huh? | 原来他是走这种路线的 |
[13:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:19] | So I can get rid of him? | 那我能踢走他了吗 |
[13:20] | Hell no. | 当然不行 |
[13:22] | We just beat Pineview by 28 points. | 我们刚以28分的优势战胜强队派恩维尤 |
[13:24] | You telling me God didn’t have anything to do with that? | 这种奇迹 难道不是有神助吗 |
[13:26] | Well, I think I deserve a little credit. | 我多少也有一点功劳吧 |
[13:28] | Fine, good job. | 好吧 干得好 |
[13:29] | – Mustache boy stays. – Oh, come on. | -那个小胡子得留下 -不是吧 |
[13:33] | George, you don’t mess with a winning streak. | 乔治 连胜时不能有任何变动影响好运 |
[13:35] | So as long as we’re winning I’m stuck with this guy? | 这么说 只要我们一直赢球 我就甩不掉他了 |
[13:37] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[13:38] | What if we lose? | 那要是我们输球呢 |
[13:39] | Then you’re gonna get murdered | 那你就会被一个 |
[13:40] | by a guy wearing a pink cowboy hat. | 戴粉色牛仔帽的人弄死 |
[13:46] | Dad, I have a question for you. | 爸爸 我想问你个事 |
[13:48] | Not a good time, Sheldon. | 我现在不想聊 谢尔顿 |
[13:49] | Please, it’s really important. | 拜托了 这件事很重要 |
[13:51] | Whatever it is, fine. | 不管是什么事 我都答应 |
[13:54] | Mom, Dad said I could drop out of college! | 妈妈 爸爸说我可以从大学休学了 |
[13:57] | – What? – George! | -什么 -乔治你搞什么 |
[14:03] | My parents are being completely unreasonable. | 我爸妈一点都不讲理 |
[14:05] | They won’t even let me drop out of school. | 竟然连我休学的事都不答应 |
[14:07] | And even after I told them that Bill Gates | 我都告诉他们比尔·盖茨 |
[14:08] | and Steve Jobs both dropped out of college. | 和史蒂夫·乔布斯都是辍学党了 |
[14:11] | What did they say? | 他们怎么说 |
[14:12] | They said, “We don’t care what your friends do, | 他们说 “我们不在乎你的朋友怎么做 |
[14:13] | you’re not dropping out.” | 总之你不准休学” |
[14:14] | Well, Sheldon, I know it’s disappointing, | 谢尔顿 我知道你很失望 |
[14:16] | but, uh, I think they just have | 但他们也是 |
[14:19] | your best interests at heart. | 为你着想 |
[14:21] | They said that, too. | 他们也说了这句话 |
[14:22] | And for every Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, | 再说 对于每个比尔·盖茨和史蒂夫·乔布斯 |
[14:25] | there’s a Paul Labiscous. | 相应的也有一个保罗·拉必斯克斯 |
[14:27] | Who’s that? | 他是哪位 |
[14:28] | Exactly. | 你没听过就对了 |
[14:30] | But this is a good idea. We can’t just give up. | 这是个好主意 我们不能轻言放弃 |
[14:32] | Well, you could go back to the university. | 你可以回大学 |
[14:35] | They were willing to fund it. | 他们也愿意资助你 |
[14:36] | No, they wanted to control the whole thing. | 不行 他们想拥有全盘控制权 |
[14:38] | I want somebody who will just give me the money, | 我想找的是 心甘情愿给我钱 |
[14:40] | let me work on my own schedule | 让我按自己进度做研究 |
[14:42] | and not expect me to listen to their dumb ideas. | 又不用我听他们的蠢意见的人 |
[14:43] | I don’t think rich people who give money | 我想听到你说他们的意见很蠢 |
[14:46] | like being told their ideas are dumb. | 还会高兴的冤大头资助人是不存在的 |
[14:49] | This is fun. Not a lot of people | 这样真有意思 没多少人能和我进行 |
[14:51] | I can talk to, scientist to scientist. | 科学家之间的谈话 |
[14:53] | We’re not talking scientist to scientist. | 我们并没有进行科学家之间的谈话 |
[14:55] | You’re not a scientist; | 你不是科学家 |
[14:56] | you’re just a rich man that no one will be honest to | 你只是个有钱人 没人愿意对你说真话 |
[14:59] | because everyone wants your money. | 因为大家都想要你的钱 |
[15:01] | What happened? | 结果怎么样 |
[15:02] | He found my honesty delightful | 他十分认可我的坦诚 |
[15:03] | and gave the university a lot of money. | 给了大学一大笔赞助 |
[15:05] | – Impressive. – I know. | -你真厉害啊 -我知道 |
[15:07] | But what are the odds we’ll find someone like him? | 但我们很难再找到像他一样的人 |
[15:16] | Hello? | 喂 |
[15:17] | Hey, Missy, it’s Dean. | 米希 是我迪恩 |
[15:18] | Oh, hi– Hey, I mean… Hi. | 你…你好啊 |
[15:22] | It was, uh, | 那天晚上 |
[15:22] | fun hanging out with you the other night. | 和你玩得很开心 |
[15:24] | I thought maybe we could do it again. | 我们要不要再约一次 |
[15:26] | Totally. We could go to the mall. | 好啊 我们可以去逛商场 |
[15:28] | Or we could go mini-golfing. | 或是去打迷你高尔夫 |
[15:29] | I was thinking | 我在想 |
[15:30] | maybe we could hang out with your grandma again. | 也许我们可以再跟你外婆一起玩 |
[15:34] | And do what? | 跟她玩什么 |
[15:35] | I don’t know, uh, | 我想想 |
[15:36] | we could play a board game, | 我们可以玩桌游 |
[15:38] | or… | 或是… |
[15:39] | Oh, my grandma loved to bake cookies with me. | 对了 我外婆以前喜欢和我一起烤饼干 |
[15:43] | I guess that could be fun. | 这应该也会好玩吧 |
[15:44] | Great. It’s a date. | 太好了 那这约会就说定了 |
[15:46] | Right. You and me. | 好 你和我的约会 |
[15:48] | At your meemaw’s. Can’t wait. Bye. | 在你姥姥家 我很期待 再见 |
[15:55] | All right! | 好了 |
[15:57] | Hands in, “team” on three. | 搭手 数到三喊”队伍” |
[15:59] | Wait. Isn’t Pastor Rob gonna pray with us? | 等等 罗伯牧师不是要和我们一起祈祷吗 |
[16:01] | Well, he’s late and we got a game to play. | 他迟到了 我们马上要比赛了 |
[16:03] | Actually, we have a few minutes. | 其实还有几分钟 |
[16:06] | Thanks, Wayne. | 真是谢谢你啊 韦恩 |
[16:07] | Y’all want a prayer, I’ll give you a prayer. | 你们想祈祷 那我跟你们一起祈祷 |
[16:10] | Circle up. | 围成一圈 |
[16:11] | Heavenly Father, | 天父 |
[16:13] | bless this team and the hands that catch… | 请您保佑这支球队 和接… |
[16:15] | – the-the ball… – Oh, boy. | -接球的双手 -真要命 |
[16:18] | …the feet that run and… | 还要保佑奔跑与踢球的 |
[16:20] | and kick… | 双脚… |
[16:20] | Hey, y’all! Sorry, guys. | 孩子们 抱歉啊 |
[16:23] | Sorry I’m late, Coach. | 我迟到了 不好意思 教练 |
[16:24] | Oh, Pastor Rob’s here, you can stop. | 罗伯牧师来了 你不用再憋祷告词了 |
[16:26] | No, no, George, | 不用 乔治 |
[16:27] | I’m-I’m sure you’re doing great. | 你肯定做得很棒 |
[16:29] | Come on, Pastor Rob, we want you to do it. | 可是我们想让你带头祷告 罗伯牧师 |
[16:33] | It’s fine, go ahead. | 没事 你来吧 |
[16:35] | All right. Oh. | 那好吧 |
[16:39] | Heavenly Father, bless this team– | 天父 请您保佑这支球队 |
[16:40] | – Exactly what I said. – Shh. | -跟我说的有差吗 -嘘 |
[16:42] | Help these young men… | 帮助这些年轻人… |
[16:46] | Thank you so much for bringing this opportunity to me. | 十分感谢你们把这个机会带到我面前 |
[16:49] | This is exciting. | 这很激动人心啊 |
[16:50] | So will you give us the funding? | 那你愿意资助我们吗 |
[16:51] | Well, it’s a lot of money, | 这笔钱不是小数目 |
[16:53] | but my horoscope did say take a chance today. | 但我的星座运势说 我今天应该冒险一试 |
[16:56] | You’re, uh, making a big financial decision | 你要根据星座运势 |
[16:59] | based on astrology? | 做出重大财务决策吗 |
[17:01] | I know, I’m such a Gemini, right? | 就是说啊 我真是典型的双子座呢 |
[17:04] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒唐了 |
[17:05] | The alignment of the planets and stars | 星球与群星的排列 |
[17:07] | has no correlation to your success or failure. | 和你的成败毫不相干啊 |
[17:09] | Ah, this is great. | 这可太棒了 |
[17:10] | I mean, science thrives on this kind of debate. | 科学家蓬勃发展正是靠的这种辩论 |
[17:13] | This isn’t a debate. | 这不是辩论 |
[17:14] | Rebuttal. Yes, it is. | 我反驳 这就是辩论 |
[17:16] | There we go again. | 我们又开始辩起来了呢 |
[17:18] | Oh, I gotta tell ya, | 老实说 |
[17:20] | making lab furniture has made me rich, | 我发家靠的是造实验室家具 |
[17:22] | but this, this is what I really love. | 但这 这才是我最喜爱的 |
[17:26] | Now, just to be clear, | 我先说清楚 |
[17:27] | we’re looking for a financier, not a partner. | 我们找的是资金提供人 不是合伙人 |
[17:30] | Oh, yes, no, this is your baby. | 我懂 科研是你们的孩子 |
[17:33] | You guys are the parents, I’m just a wet nurse. | 你们是父母 我只是奶妈 |
[17:35] | Just a wealthy, wealthy wet nurse. | 一个腰缠万贯的奶妈 |
[17:38] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[17:40] | A wet nurse is a woman who suckles another– | 奶妈就是喂奶给别的… |
[17:41] | No, no, I know what it means, I just meant what does he mean? | 我知道奶妈是什么意思 我只是不懂他说的 |
[17:45] | Well, I mean I just want to be around the process. | 我的意思是 我只想参与这个过程 |
[17:47] | Anything you need, I’m your guy. | 你们有任何需求就找我 |
[17:49] | But I’m still in charge, right? | 但仍然是我说了算 对吗 |
[17:51] | Did NASA fake the moon landing? | 登月是美国宇航局的骗局吗 |
[17:53] | No. | 当然不是 |
[17:54] | See, that’s what I thought until about a year ago. | 一年以前我也像你一样天真 |
[17:56] | Oh, we’re gonna have so much fun. | 我们会玩得很开心的 |
[18:06] | Close to 23. Hut, hut! | 向球门推进 上上上 |
[18:12] | Ah, damn! | 该死 |
[18:13] | Time! | 暂停 |
[18:15] | What do you want to do, Coach? | 你想怎么做 教练 |
[18:16] | Send in the field goal unit, we gotta go for a tie. | 派出踢球手 必须把比分追平 |
[18:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:23] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[18:24] | Not my place. | 我没资格插手 |
[18:25] | You got something to say, let’s hear it. | 你有话想说就说出来 |
[18:28] | I just don’t think | 我认为 |
[18:28] | they’re gonna expect you to go for it. | 他们不会料到你选择达阵 |
[18:30] | You fake a field goal, you might catch ’em off guard. | 你假装射门 也许能杀他们个措手不及 |
[18:32] | Actually, Pastor Rob, at this level | 其实罗伯牧师 这种水平的比赛 |
[18:35] | – that kind of play never– Hang on, Wayne. | -那种低级策略… -等等 韦恩 |
[18:37] | Rob got us a win last week all on his own. | 罗伯上周凭借一己之力帮我们获胜 |
[18:39] | Who are we to say no? | 我们哪有资格否定他 |
[18:43] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[18:44] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 确定啊 |
[18:45] | What’s the worst that could happen? | 最坏的结果能是什么呢 |
[18:47] | – We could lose. – Yep. | -我们会输 -没错 |
[18:48] | And who would we blame? | 到时该怪谁呢 |
[18:51] | Change of plans, we’re running the fake. | 战术有变 假装射门 实则达阵 |
[18:54] | – Really? – Yeah, you heard me. | -真的吗 -你都听到了 |
[18:55] | Come on, let’s go. | 好了 快去 |
[18:57] | All right! Let’s go! | 好 上场 |
[19:00] | Let’s go, guys! | 加油 孩子们 |
[19:03] | I don’t want to tell you how to do your job, | 我不想对你的工作指手画脚 |
[19:05] | but if I was a prayin’ man, I’d start now. | 但如果我是上帝的信徒 我现在会开始祈祷 |
[19:09] | All right, let’s go. | 好了 上吧 |
[19:21] | Touchdown! | 达阵得分 |
[19:31] | George, you crazy son-of-a-bitch, | 乔治 你个疯子 |
[19:33] | I can’t believe you pulled that off! | 你居然真的成功了 |
[19:35] | Me, neither. | 我也没想到 |
[19:36] | Looks like we make a pretty good team, George. | 看来我们合作得很好啊 乔治 |
[19:38] | Yeah! | 好棒 |
[19:39] | What’s up, boys? Go, go, go! | 孩子们 冲冲冲 |
[19:54] | Hey, Dean, want to help me roll out the dough? | 迪恩 想帮我擀面团吗 |
[19:56] | Yeah, one second, I’m just helping Grandma grease the pan. | 稍等 我在帮外婆给盘子涂油 |
[20:00] | Who? | 谁 |
[20:01] | Oh, uh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[20:03] | You just remind me of my grandma. | 您让我想起我外婆了 |
[20:06] | I tell you what, why don’t you help Missy, | 这样吧 你帮米希 |
[20:08] | and I’m gonna start the dishes. | 我来洗碗 |
[20:10] | Oh, uh, while the cookies are baking, | 趁饼干还没烤好 |
[20:11] | maybe you could teach me how to play gin rummy. | 你能不能教我玩金拉米牌 |
[20:14] | All right, we’re done here. | 忍无可忍 我们玩完了 |
[20:17] | – What? – You heard me. | -什么 -你听见了 |
[20:19] | Are you breaking up with me? | 你要跟我分手吗 |
[20:20] | Yeah. You can go now. | 没错 你可以滚了 |
[20:22] | But my mom’s not picking me up till 7:00. | 但我妈妈七点才来接我 |
[20:26] | Oh, I’ll get the cards. | 我去拿牌 |