时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Oh, that ain’t good. | 这可不妙 |
[00:07] | Connie Tucker, | 康妮·塔克 |
[00:08] | please stop running. | 请你别再跑了 |
[00:10] | A deal can be made without going to trial. | 好 你只要签一份协议就不用出庭受审 |
[00:12] | You plead guilty, pay a fine, lose your business license, | 你认罪 付罚金 吊销营业执照 |
[00:15] | maybe some community service, | 可能再做些社区服务 |
[00:17] | probation, but no jail time. | 就可以被判缓刑 不用坐牢 |
[00:19] | So… | 那么… |
[00:19] | do I tell them we have a deal? | 我去告诉他们你愿意签协议 |
[00:22] | – Okay, fine. – Oh, thank God. | -好吧 -谢天谢地 |
[00:24] | I’m too old to find somebody new. | 我这么老了 还怎么找第三春啊 |
[00:35] | Hi, I’m Connie Tucker. | 你好 我是康妮·塔克 |
[00:36] | I’m supposed to be reporting to my probation officer? | 我需要找到我的假释官并跟她报到 |
[00:39] | You found her. Come on in. | 你找到她啦 请进 |
[00:44] | Sorry I’m a little late. | 抱歉我有点迟到 |
[00:46] | Not moving very fast today. | 今天手脚不是那么利索 |
[00:49] | Weren’t you arrested running from the police? | 你被捕的时候不是正在逃跑吗 |
[00:52] | Well, I have my good days. | 身体状况有好有坏嘛 |
[01:01] | So the terms of your probation | 你的缓刑条款 |
[01:03] | require you to do 180 hours of community service. | 要求你得做180小时的社区服务 |
[01:07] | And you’re currently sitting at… | 而你目前做了… |
[01:09] | zero. | 0小时 |
[01:10] | Not true. | 此言差矣 |
[01:11] | I’ve been reading to the elderly. | 我有去给老人家朗读东西 |
[01:13] | Oh. Where at? | 在哪里做的呢 |
[01:14] | Chi-Chi’s. | 餐厅 |
[01:15] | My boyfriend forgot his glasses, | 我男友忘了带眼镜 |
[01:17] | so I read him the menu. | 所以我读菜单给他听 |
[01:21] | This is a joke to you. | 你觉得这一切是玩笑吗 |
[01:24] | Well, I was hoping. | 是这么希望的 |
[01:25] | You think putting on this act is gonna get you a lighter sentence? | 你觉得搞嬉皮笑脸这套 能让你刑罚轻一点吗 |
[01:28] | Act? | 套 |
[01:30] | What act? | 哪一套啊 |
[01:31] | Look at my nose. | 你看我的鼻子 |
[01:34] | Okay… | 然后呢… |
[01:35] | You know what this nose can do? | 你知道我的鼻子有什么本事吗 |
[01:37] | It can smell bull-pucky from two counties over. | 它能闻到远在十万八千里外的狗屁 |
[01:39] | And you know what it’s smelling right now? | 你知道它现在闻到什么了吗 |
[01:41] | A big, steamy pile. | 一坨新鲜又巨大的 |
[01:44] | What kind of community service are we talking about? | 那你是想要我做哪种社区服务嘛 |
[01:46] | I can’t be up there on the interstate | 我可不想要去高速旁边 |
[01:47] | picking up trash with some winos. | 跟那些酒鬼一起捡垃圾 |
[01:51] | Well, there are other options. | 那我也还有一些其他选项 |
[01:53] | Hit me. | 你说 |
[01:54] | How about Habitat for Humanity? | 去仁人家园怎么样 |
[01:56] | Build some poor soul a home. | 帮可怜的人们盖个家 |
[01:58] | The tornado blew mine to smithereens. | 龙卷风把我家都卷成渣了 |
[02:00] | How about some do-gooder build me a home? | 要不送两个好心人来帮我盖新房子吧 |
[02:02] | Moving on. | 那下一个 |
[02:05] | You own a hazmat suit? | 你有生化防护服吗 |
[02:07] | What? Why-why? | 什么 为什么这么问 |
[02:08] | There’s a sewage pipe under the hepatitis clinic | 肝炎诊所的底下有个污水管 |
[02:11] | with your name on it. | 正等候您光临 |
[02:12] | Let’s keep thinking. | 你再想想吧 |
[02:14] | Well, we got… | 我们还有… |
[02:17] | animal shelters, libraries, churches… | 动物收容所 图书馆 教会 |
[02:19] | Ooh. Is that any church? | 任何教会都行吗 |
[02:22] | Yeah. As long as they sign off on your hours. | 是啊 只要他们愿意为你签工作时数单就行 |
[02:25] | Oh, I like where this is heading. | 这话我爱听 |
[02:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[02:29] | A good Christian woman always is eager to serve. | 虔诚的女基督教徒永远乐意为教会服务 |
[02:33] | A Christian woman who ran a backroom casino? | 一个开地下赌场的女基督教徒吗 |
[02:36] | Hey, God forgave me, maybe you should, too. | 主原谅了我的罪 或许你也应该这么做 |
[02:39] | Do you understand I have the power to throw you in jail? | 你知道我有权送你去坐牢吗 |
[02:43] | To be honest, I did not. | 说实话 我不知道 |
[02:46] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:49] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:52] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:55] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:57] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[03:08] | That doesn’t go there. | 那个东西不放这边 |
[03:09] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓的 |
[03:10] | Canned beans next to jarred preserves? | 把豆子罐头跟果酱腌菜摆一起吗 |
[03:12] | – Who cares? – I care. | -谁在乎呢 -我在乎 |
[03:14] | Well, no one cares that you care. | 没人在乎你在不在乎这件事 |
[03:16] | I’m someone. And I care that I care. | 我就是人 我在乎我在乎这件事啊 |
[03:18] | And I care that I care that I care. | 我也在乎我在乎自己在乎这件事 |
[03:19] | Okay. That’s enough. | 好了 够啦 |
[03:21] | Are we done? | 完事了吗 |
[03:22] | What’s your hurry? | 你在着急什么 |
[03:23] | It’s paternity test day on Ricki Lake and I’m missing it. | 我要错过电视节目今天的亲子大鉴定单元了 |
[03:25] | If people paid more attention of what belongs where, | 如果大家都更在乎什么东西该放到哪里 |
[03:27] | there’d be no need for paternity tests. | 或许就不会需要做亲子鉴定了 |
[03:30] | Just go. | 你去吧 |
[03:32] | I’ll give you a hand. | 我来帮忙你 |
[03:33] | Actually, I’m not crazy about how you organize things, either. | 说实话 我对你归类的方式也不是那么满意 |
[03:39] | I need you to do me a favor. | 我需要你帮我一个忙 |
[03:40] | Hello to you, too. | 真是欢迎您大驾光临啊 |
[03:41] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Look. | 好好好 听我说 |
[03:43] | I need you to sign some forms for me, no questions asked. | 我需要你不问任何问题 帮我签一张单子 |
[03:45] | What am I signing? | 是要我签什么东西 |
[03:47] | We agreed no questions asked. | 我们说好了不问任何问题 |
[03:49] | Given her criminal past, I’d advice caution. | 考虑到她的犯罪记录 我建议你小心为上 |
[03:51] | Moon Pie, I love you, but shut it. | 小饼饼 我爱你 但闭嘴吧 |
[03:54] | Look, I got to knock out my community service, | 我需要做完社区服务的规定时数 |
[03:56] | and they say I can do it at the church. | 他们说我可以去教会做 |
[03:58] | That’s great. We’d love to have you. | 那太好啦 我们绝对欢迎你来 |
[04:00] | Or you could just fill out my timesheets | 或者你直接帮我填工作时数表 |
[04:03] | and we would be done with the whole thing. Easy peasy. | 这整件事就成了过眼云烟了 简简单单 |
[04:07] | I’m not lying for you. That’s a sin. | 我才不要帮你撒谎 那是罪 |
[04:09] | Oh, come on. 180 hours at my age? | 别这样 我这把年纪了去做180小时 |
[04:12] | Who knows if I’ve even got that much time left. | 谁知道我的命够不够撑到做完呢 |
[04:15] | Well, then it’s a good thing | 那太好啦 |
[04:16] | that we’re gonna get to spend so much of it together. | 这样我们就能在最后的时间多多相处 |
[04:28] | – Hi. – Hello. | -你还好吗 -你好啊 |
[04:31] | Don’t you hear the baby crying? | 你没听到宝宝在哭吗 |
[04:33] | Yeah. | 听到了啊 |
[04:34] | She’s been at it for a while. | 她已经哭一阵子了 |
[04:37] | And you didn’t go pick her up? | 那你为什么不去抱她 |
[04:39] | Well, no, it’s still her naptime. | 不 现在还是她午觉时间 |
[04:41] | She’ll cry herself out and go back to sleep. | 等她哭累了就会接着睡 |
[04:44] | Unbelievable. | 真是绝了 |
[04:46] | Good idea. Let the baby be in charge. | 真棒 一切都让宝宝说了算 |
[04:48] | No, actually, I left my mother in charge, | 不 其实我本是让我妈说了算 |
[04:51] | but I won’t make that mistake again. | 但我以后不会再犯这个错误了 |
[04:53] | Amanda, I’m trying to teach her self-reliance, | 阿曼达 我是在训练她自力更生的能力 |
[04:57] | but if you prefer to coddle her, you go right ahead. | 但你要是想含在嘴里哄着 你就去吧 |
[05:00] | I’m sorry, are you accusing me of babying my baby? | 抱歉 你是在指责我太宝贝我的宝贝吗 |
[05:03] | Because I am her mother and I think I know when she needs me. | 我可是她老妈 我能感觉到她需不需要我 |
[05:11] | You were saying? | 你刚才说什么来着 |
[05:14] | Ha! | 你看 |
[05:15] | You’re happy your daughter’s crying? | 你女儿哭了你很高兴吗 |
[05:17] | I’m happy you’re wrong. | 我是高兴你错了 |
[05:22] | All right, I’m here. | 好了 我到了 |
[05:23] | Clock me in for 9:30. | 记录我9点半到了 |
[05:26] | It’s 10:15. | 现在都10点15了 |
[05:28] | I prayed on the way in. That counts. | 我来的路上有在祈祷 这也得算吧 |
[05:31] | – Mom. – Fine. | -妈 -行 |
[05:32] | Call it 9:45. | 算9点45 |
[05:34] | Let me just finish up this payroll here | 稍等我把工资表的东西弄完 |
[05:36] | – and then we’ll find some work for you to do. – No hurry. | -我们就找一些工作让你做 -不着急 |
[05:38] | I’m just gonna lay down here and close my eyes for a minute. | 我先躺在旁边闭目养神一番 |
[05:42] | Mary, the racoons got into the communion wafers again. | 玛丽 浣熊又来偷吃圣饼了 |
[05:45] | Oh. Hey, Connie. | 你好啊 康妮 |
[05:46] | Didn’t know you were here. | 我不知道你在这 |
[05:47] | I’m just here to help out. | 我就是想来帮帮手 |
[05:49] | That’s so nice. | 你人真好 |
[05:50] | Well, it’s her community service for being arrested. | 是因为她被逮捕需要做社区服务 |
[05:53] | Still nice. | 还是很好啦 |
[05:54] | Well, the big guy appreciates it. | 上头感谢你的心意 |
[05:56] | He’d really appreciate it if she actually did something. | 等她真的帮点什么 祂会更感谢的 |
[05:59] | Why are you like this? I raised you to be cool. | 你干嘛这样 我不是从小把你养育成酷人吗 |
[06:02] | I am plenty cool. | 我可太酷了好吗 |
[06:04] | Anyway. | 总而言之 |
[06:05] | If you have anything that you need help with, | 如果你有任何需要帮忙的事 |
[06:07] | my mom is here to work. | 我妈妈是来工作的 |
[06:08] | Oh. Well, I do need my suit picked up from the dry cleaner. | 我的确需要有人帮我从干洗店拿回我的西装 |
[06:11] | Is that the dry cleaner next to the nail salon? | 是开在美甲店旁的那间干洗店吗 |
[06:13] | – Yeah. – I’m on it. | -是的 -我这就去 |
[06:15] | Or… you know what we could really use | 或者… 你知道我们更需要 |
[06:17] | is someone to help organize the donation room. | 有人帮忙整理捐赠室 |
[06:20] | That’s a big job. | 那可是个大活儿 |
[06:21] | Too late. I’m getting the suit. | 太迟了 我要去拿西装了 |
[06:23] | I’ll get it on my way to the bank. | 我去银行的路上顺便取就行 |
[06:25] | That way, you can start on the donation room | 这样你就可以开始去捐赠室忙 |
[06:26] | instead of getting your nails done. | 而不是去做美甲了 |
[06:30] | You’re the boss around here. What’s your call? | 你是这里的老板 你来定夺 |
[06:32] | Oh, actually, he’s the boss. | 其实主才是老板 |
[06:34] | What’s that? | 您说什么 |
[06:36] | He says it’s Mary’s call. | 祂说由玛丽来安排 |
[06:42] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[06:44] | We don’t say that, but… yeah. | 我们不说这个词 但… 的确 |
[06:48] | This is gonna take forever. | 这要整理到何年何月啊 |
[06:51] | How many hours is your community service? | 你的社区服务要多少小时呢 |
[06:54] | Hundred eighty. | 180小时 |
[06:55] | Than you better get cracking. | 那你最好赶紧开工啦 |
[06:59] | Maybe I’ll get my nails done. | 或许我可以去做个美甲 |
[07:04] | Hey, we got any fresh binkies? | 家里还有干净的奶嘴吗 |
[07:06] | I found this one in her diaper. | 这个掉进尿布里了 |
[07:07] | Drying rack. | 晾碗架 |
[07:11] | Or… you could just let her soothe herself. | 或者你也可以让她学会自己平静下来啊 |
[07:14] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[07:16] | Well, if you give her a pacifier every time she fusses, | 如果每次她一哭闹你就给奶嘴 |
[07:20] | she’ll never learn. | 她就永远不会成长 |
[07:21] | So, I should just let her cry? | 所以我应该让她就这么哭着吗 |
[07:23] | Whatever you think is best. | 你觉得怎么好就怎么做呗 |
[07:25] | Can’t you just tell me? | 你不能直接跟我说答案吗 |
[07:27] | Hey, where’s the binky? | 奶嘴呢 |
[07:28] | – Right here. – What are you waiting for? | -在这 -那你在等什么呢 |
[07:30] | Well, your mom was just saying if we give it to her | 你妈妈刚才跟我说 如果每次 |
[07:33] | every time she’s cranky, she’ll never learn. | 她一哭闹就给奶嘴 她永远不会成长 |
[07:35] | Oh, is that what she said? | 她这么说了是吗 |
[07:37] | I’m just trying to help. | 我只是想帮忙而已嘛 |
[07:38] | I told you we don’t need your help. | 我说过我们不需要你帮忙了 |
[07:40] | – We don’t? – What do you think? | -我们不需要吗 -那你觉得呢 |
[07:44] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[07:49] | Should I go after her? | 我应该去追她吗 |
[07:50] | You’re her husband. You decide. | 你是她老公 你自己决定 |
[07:55] | Why won’t anybody tell me anything? | 为什么大家就不能直接回答我 |
[08:01] | Six hours. | 6个小时 |
[08:02] | All day long for six lousy hours. | 忙了一整天 就只算垃圾6小时 |
[08:06] | I gave you six, you worked four. | 你只做了4小时 我给你算了6呢 |
[08:08] | – Felt longer. – Most people work eight. | -感觉比那更久呢 -大多数人可是都做8小时 |
[08:10] | – Most people get paid. – Most people don’t commit crimes. | -大多数人也有工资啊 -大多数人也没犯罪 |
[08:13] | Sure they do. They just don’t get caught. | 他们肯定有 只是没被抓到罢了 |
[08:17] | So, how’d the first day of giving back to the community go? | 回馈社区的第一天感觉如何 |
[08:19] | I sorted a pair of work pants | 我整理了一条 |
[08:21] | that had a prosthetic leg still in it. | 假肢还在里面的工作裤 |
[08:24] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[08:25] | Oh, don’t be so dramatic. | 不要这么戏精好不好 |
[08:26] | 180 hours, Mary. | 足足要180小时啊 玛丽 |
[08:30] | Only 174 to go. | 只剩174小时了 |
[08:32] | You’re enjoying this, aren’t ya? | 你很享受我受苦 对吧 |
[08:34] | Darn tootin’. | 那还用说 |
[08:37] | I got her on my ass, | 有她在给我找麻烦 |
[08:38] | I got Officer Thomason on my ass. | 还有托马森在找我麻烦 |
[08:40] | Who’s that? | 那是谁啊 |
[08:42] | My probation officer. | 我的假释官 |
[08:44] | Wait. Rhonda Thomason? | 等等 朗达·托马森吗 |
[08:47] | You know her? | 你认识她啊 |
[08:48] | Yeah. Her kid’s on varsity. | 认识啊 她的孩子在校队 |
[08:50] | Nice lady. Brings grapes to halftime. | 人挺好的 会带葡萄请我们中场休息吃 |
[08:53] | She could get the judge to reduce my hours, | 她有权让法官缩短我的服务时数 |
[08:55] | but she won’t do it. | 但她不愿意这么做 |
[08:57] | Yeah, like I said, nice lady. | 如我所说 挺好的一个人 |
[08:59] | By chance, would you talk to her for me? | 有没有可能你帮我跟她美言两句 |
[09:03] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:04] | Are you asking me for a favor? | 你是想请我帮忙吗 |
[09:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:07] | I didn’t hear the magic word. | 我没听到那个魔法词汇啊 |
[09:10] | How about this? | 那你看这样如何 |
[09:11] | Why don’t you pay me back the money I gave you | 当年这房子的首付是我借你的 |
[09:13] | for the down payment on this house? | 你把那笔钱还我吧 |
[09:17] | Thank you. Was that so hard? | 谢谢 说这个词有很难吗 |
[09:24] | She asleep? | 她睡着了吗 |
[09:26] | Yeah, ’cause I gave her a pacifier. | 对啊 因为我给了她奶嘴 |
[09:28] | That’s some good mothering. | 真是一个好妈妈啊 |
[09:30] | How could you not take my side? | 你刚才怎么可以不站我这边 |
[09:33] | Sorry, but we don’t really know what we’re doing. | 对不起嘛 但我们并不知道怎么做最好啊 |
[09:37] | I mean, I don’t. You are a natural. | 我是说我不懂 但你是天生好手 |
[09:40] | We’re her parents. | 我们才是她的父母 |
[09:41] | We should decide how to raise her. | 我们自己决定怎么养育她 |
[09:43] | Okay, but your mom’s done this before. | 好 但是你妈妈有过经验啊 |
[09:46] | I mean, she raised you. And you’re pretty great. | 好歹她把你养成了这么棒的一个人 |
[09:49] | Do you honestly think I’m gonna fall for that? | 你不会觉得我会上这话的当吧 |
[09:51] | No, you’re way too smart. | 当然不会 你那么聪明 |
[09:53] | Oh, cut it out. | 你别来这套了 |
[09:55] | And stop defending her. | 也不要再帮她说话了 |
[09:56] | I’m not defending her. | 我不是在帮她说话 |
[09:57] | I was just taught to respect my elders. | 我只是从小被教育要敬老尊贤 |
[10:00] | I’m your elder. | 我就比你大 |
[10:01] | When I say that, you get mad. | 可是我这么说的时候 你都会生气 |
[10:02] | Yeah, ’cause you shouldn’t say it. | 是啊 因为你不应该这么说 |
[10:04] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 女士 |
[10:06] | Oh. Oh, you think you’re funny? | 你觉得自己很幽默是吗 |
[10:07] | No, ma’am. | 没有 女士 |
[10:12] | Hey, Rhonda. | 你好啊 朗达 |
[10:13] | Coach Cooper, what a nice surprise. | 库珀教练 真是令人惊喜 |
[10:16] | Yeah, you know me. | 你又不是不认识我 |
[10:17] | Full of surprises. | 我这人充满惊喜 |
[10:19] | Like that fake field goal against Plainview. | 就像对普莱恩维尤校队的那一记假射门 |
[10:21] | Ooh, that was something. | 那招的确是非同凡响 |
[10:24] | But really. What are you, what are you doing here? | 说认真的 今天是什么风把你吹来了 |
[10:26] | Well, uh… | 这个嘛… |
[10:28] | you may not know this, | 你可能不知道这件事 |
[10:29] | but, uh, one of your… | 但是… 你的其中一位 |
[10:31] | clients happens to be my mother-in-law. | “客户” 正好是我的岳母 |
[10:34] | Connie Tucker. | 康妮·塔克 |
[10:34] | She’s a character, ain’t she? | 她这人可真是不一般 你说是吧 |
[10:36] | And she asked you to come down here | 她是不是要你来我这 |
[10:38] | to see if I would go easy on her? | 想让我给她放水 |
[10:39] | What? No, no, no. | 什么 不是 才不是呢 |
[10:41] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不是 不是 绝对不是 |
[10:43] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:44] | ‘Cause she thinks she deserves special treatment? | 因为她觉得自己值得受特别照顾吗 |
[10:47] | Yeah, well, you’re just hitting the nail on the head today. | 你今天可真是句句一针见血啊 |
[10:50] | Let me ask you a question. | 让我问你个问题 |
[10:52] | Would you give one of your players special treatment | 如果你手下的球员练习都不去 |
[10:54] | if they were ducking practice? | 你会给他特别照顾吗 |
[10:56] | No, if anything, I’m tougher on those kids. | 不会 相反 我会给他特别”照顾” |
[10:58] | So if I understand you, | 所以如果我没听错 |
[11:01] | you’re saying I should be tougher on your mother-in-law. | 你的意思是我应该更”照顾”你岳母 |
[11:04] | I just made it worse, didn’t I? | 我是不是让情况更糟糕了 |
[11:05] | No, no, no, no, no. | 什么 不是 才不是呢 |
[11:07] | No, no, no, no, no, no. | 不是 不是 绝对不是 |
[11:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:11] | Okay, then. | 好的 |
[11:13] | Thanks for the grapes. | 还是谢谢你带葡萄来 |
[11:20] | Finished the inventory. | 清点完库存了 |
[11:21] | Hey. Georgie? | 小乔治 |
[11:22] | I ran into Amanda’s | 我最近刚好遇到 |
[11:23] | old pediatrician and he said he could take | 阿曼达小时候的儿科医生 他说他愿意 |
[11:25] | CeeCee on as a new patient. | 收丝丝当他的新病患 |
[11:27] | Thanks, but she already has a doctor. | 谢谢 但她已经有个医生了 |
[11:30] | Yes. | 的确 |
[11:30] | Well, Dr. Talanda is the best. | 可是塔兰达医生可是最厉害的 |
[11:33] | Okay, look. | 好了 听我说 |
[11:34] | I know you’re trying to help, but Mandy al– | 我知道你是想帮忙 可是曼蒂… |
[11:37] | Oh, oh, oh, look at that. | 等等 看看这里 |
[11:38] | That can’t be right. Georgie, come here. | 这肯定没数对 小乔治 你过来 |
[11:39] | Walk with me for a minute. | 我们到那边去一下 |
[11:41] | – Where we going? – Shut up. Keep walking. | -我们要去哪里 -闭嘴 跟我走 |
[11:49] | – Are you mental? – What? | -你疯了吗 -怎么了 |
[11:51] | Why are you arguing with her? | 你为什么要反驳她 |
[11:53] | What? I was just trying to be a good husband, | 怎么了 我只是想要当个好丈夫 |
[11:54] | and take Mandy’s side. | 站在曼蒂的那边 |
[11:55] | Okay, you know a great time to take Mandy’s side? | 你知道站曼蒂那边的最佳时机是什么时候吗 |
[11:58] | When you’re alone with Mandy. | 当你跟曼蒂独处的时候 |
[11:59] | And when you’re with Audrey… | 当你面对我老婆时 |
[12:02] | Take Audrey’s side. | 站她那边 |
[12:04] | Okay, there’s hope for you. | 好了 看来你还有救 |
[12:06] | When you’re alone with me in a closet, | 当我们独自在这储藏室里时 |
[12:08] | feel free to speak your mind. | 你可以放胆说真心话 |
[12:09] | – Seems a little complicated. – Oh, it is. | -感觉有点复杂啊 -没错 |
[12:12] | Yeah, life would be so much easier | 如果她们俩能够意识到 |
[12:13] | if they just realized how alike they are. | 彼此有多像的话 我们人生该多轻松啊 |
[12:15] | Don’t say that. | 千万别这么说 |
[12:17] | Don’t ever say that. | 永远别这么说 |
[12:19] | We’re alone in a closet. | 我们独自在这个储藏室里 |
[12:20] | You said I could speak my mind. | 你自己说我可以说真心话的啊 |
[12:21] | Yeah, yeah, but not that. | 是啦是啦 但这个不行 |
[12:23] | – So where? – Nowhere. | -那哪里可以说 -哪都不行 |
[12:24] | They, uh… | 她们… |
[12:27] | they’ll know. | 会知道的 |
[12:35] | Working hard? | 在努力工作吗 |
[12:37] | Hey. | 你好啊 |
[12:40] | What brings you by? | 你怎么来啦 |
[12:42] | Your son-in-law dropped in to see me. | 你的女婿来找我了 |
[12:45] | Oh, y’all know each other? | 你们互相认识吗 |
[12:46] | – We do. – Small world. | -认识 -世界真是太小了 |
[12:48] | It did not go your way. | 但事情没有如你所愿 |
[12:51] | – No? – No. | -没有吗 -没有 |
[12:53] | Well, you can’t blame a gal for trying. | 你不能怪罪一个女人有拼搏精神吧 |
[12:55] | Actually, I can. | 我还真可以 |
[12:57] | Oh, come on, there must be | 拜托 难道就没有其他 |
[12:58] | some criminals out there that you could be focused on. | 你更应该花费心力盯着的犯人吗 |
[13:00] | Not some old granny with slot machines. | 就非得盯着一个开老虎机房的老太婆吗 |
[13:03] | Go out there and harass somebody who actually deserves it. | 快去外面骚扰那些真正该受到惩罚的人吧 |
[13:06] | You done? | 你说完没 |
[13:07] | Yes, I think I am. | 我说完了 |
[13:08] | My turn. | 那轮到我了 |
[13:10] | You are a criminal. | 你就是一个犯人 |
[13:12] | And I can treat you however the hell I want, | 我想怎么治你就怎么治你 |
[13:14] | because I own your tired old ass. | 你这可怜巴巴的老屁股是我的 |
[13:17] | And I will make your life miserable | 我绝对会让你生不如死 |
[13:19] | unless you shape up and shape up fast. | 除非你用最快速度改过自新 |
[13:23] | Do we understand each other? | 听懂了吗 |
[13:25] | Yes, ma’am. | 听懂了 女士 |
[13:28] | To be clear, what are you? | 那我再确认一遍 你是什么 |
[13:31] | A criminal. | 一个犯人 |
[13:32] | And what do I own? | 那什么是我的 |
[13:34] | My tired old ass. | 我可怜巴巴的老屁股 |
[13:39] | I’m gonna come back in a couple of days. | 我过几天会再回来检查 |
[13:41] | This room better be spic and span. | 到时这间房间最好干净整齐 |
[13:43] | It will be. Yes, ma’am. | 会的 遵命 女士 |
[13:44] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢您 女士 |
[13:47] | Oh, say hi to George for me. | 帮我跟乔治打声招呼 |
[13:55] | Hey, Connie. | 康妮你来啦 |
[13:56] | What did you say to her? | 你跟她说什么了 |
[13:58] | Nothing. | 没什么啊 |
[13:59] | Just what a great grandma you are. | 就说了你是多好的祖母 |
[14:01] | And what a great great-grandma you are. | 还有多好的曾祖母 |
[14:03] | Well, you made it worse. | 你把情况弄更糟了 |
[14:04] | I’m sorry, I– | 抱歉啊 我… |
[14:05] | I did my best. | 我尽力了啊 |
[14:06] | Well, your best stunk. | 你是尽力弄死我吧 |
[14:10] | So now what? | 那现在怎么办 |
[14:11] | I got no choice. | 我别无选择了 |
[14:15] | Got to bring in the big guns. | 只能使出终极手段了 |
[14:20] | What a mess. | 好大的一团乱啊 |
[14:21] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:23] | You want me to organize this whole room in two days? | 你想要我在两天内整理好这间房间吗 |
[14:25] | I do. | 是的 |
[14:27] | Oh, boy. Thank you, Meemaw. | 天啊 太谢谢你了 姥姥 |
[14:34] | Well, you can go ahead and cancel that appointment. | 你可以去把那个预约给取消掉了 |
[14:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:39] | Gonna kill her. | 我一定要杀了她 |
[14:40] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[14:42] | My mother made CeeCee an appointment | 我妈妈问都没问 |
[14:44] | with a new doctor and she didn’t even ask. | 就帮丝丝跟新的医生预约了 |
[14:46] | What? Oh, no. | 什么 不是吧 |
[14:48] | I am furious. | 我要气死了 |
[14:50] | As you should be. | 完全合理 |
[14:52] | You don’t think I’m overreacting? | 你不会觉得我反应过度吗 |
[14:54] | Not at all. | 完全不会 |
[14:55] | I agree with you. | 我完全同意 |
[14:56] | Sometimes I just don’t understand what she’s thinking. | 有时候我真是不理解她在想什么 |
[14:59] | Well, how could you? | 怎么可能理解得了 |
[15:00] | You two are just… | 你们两个… |
[15:02] | so different. | 这么不一样 |
[15:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:09] | – Toy. – Toy. | -玩具 -玩具 |
[15:13] | – Taxidermy. – Taxidermy. | -标本 -标本 |
[15:19] | Toy? | 玩具吗 |
[15:22] | Hi. My name is Teddy Ruxpin. | 你好 我叫泰迪·华斯比 |
[15:26] | Can you and I be friends? | 我们能成为朋友吗 |
[15:29] | Nightmare. | 噩梦 |
[15:30] | I’ll start a new box. | 我弄个新分类 |
[15:32] | How’s it going? | 情况怎么样了 |
[15:34] | What’s he doing here? | 他在这里做什么 |
[15:35] | Meemaw’s letting me organize everything. | 姥姥允许我整理这一切 |
[15:37] | You’re farming out your community service to my son? | 你把社区服务外包给我儿子吗 |
[15:40] | How about thanks for getting him to the church? | 何不谢我带他进教堂呢 |
[15:43] | Come on, Sheldon, we’re going home. | 走啦 谢尔顿 跟我回家 |
[15:45] | But I haven’t even started on the hats yet. | 但我都还没整理到帽子这区呢 |
[15:47] | There’s so many different kinds. | 它们有那么多种类 |
[15:48] | – Baseball, cowboy, hard… – Now. | -棒球帽 牛仔帽 硬… -现在就回去 |
[15:55] | You are unbelievable. | 你这人真是绝了 |
[15:57] | You think that the rules don’t apply to you. | 你觉得世间一切规则都与你无关 |
[15:59] | And that when you get caught, | 你被抓到后 |
[16:00] | it just becomes everybody else’s problem. | 后果也都由别人来承担 |
[16:02] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[16:03] | He’s sorting out a room full of junk. | 是让他给一屋垃圾分门别类 |
[16:05] | This is his Disneyland. | 这简直是他个人的迪士尼乐园 |
[16:07] | What about Georgie? | 那小乔治呢 |
[16:09] | What about the gambling room? | 地下赌场呢 |
[16:10] | He could’ve gone to jail. | 他差点就蹲大牢了 |
[16:11] | I’m sorry I’m such a disappointment. | 真是抱歉 我让你如此失望 |
[16:14] | Yeah, me, too. | 是啊 我也很遗憾 |
[16:22] | Meat’s a little dry, isn’t it? | 肉是不是有点干 |
[16:23] | No, I like it like this. | 不会啊 我就喜欢这口感 |
[16:26] | You don’t think it’s too salty? | 你不觉得太咸吗 |
[16:27] | It’s perfect. I love your cooking. | 刚刚好 我喜欢你的厨艺 |
[16:30] | My mom made this. | 是我妈煮的 |
[16:33] | Oh, well, now that you mention it, | 你这样一说 |
[16:35] | it is a little dry. | 好像是有点干 |
[16:37] | I made it. | 其实是我煮的 |
[16:38] | What are you doing to me? | 你干嘛这样对我 |
[16:39] | What are you doing to me? | 你又干嘛这样对我 |
[16:40] | For the past couple of days you’ve been agreeing | 这几天无论我说什么 |
[16:42] | with everything that I say. | 你都对我百依百顺 |
[16:44] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[16:44] | Stop it. | 别再这样了 |
[16:46] | I’m sorry. | 对不起嘛 |
[16:47] | It was suggested to me that agreeing with you | 有人建议我说 对你言听计从 |
[16:50] | is the key to a happy marriage. | 是幸福婚姻的关键 |
[16:52] | By my dad? | 我爸给你的建议吗 |
[16:53] | I don’t recall. | 我不记得了 |
[16:54] | – Georgie… – By your dad. | -小乔治 -是你爸说的 |
[16:56] | Do my parents sound happy to you? | 你觉得我爸妈的婚姻很幸福吗 |
[16:59] | I don’t know, they’re still married. | 我也不知道 至少他们没离婚 |
[17:01] | Well, I want us to be better than that. | 我希望我们的婚姻比他们的更好 |
[17:03] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[17:04] | Oh, cut it out. | 别再来这套了 |
[17:05] | No, I meant that one. | 不 这次我是真心的 |
[17:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:09] | And if you want the truth, | 如果你想听真话 |
[17:11] | I think your mom was right about the doctor. | 我觉得你妈找那个医生是对的 |
[17:13] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[17:14] | Our doctor rubbed alcohol on one arm | 我们的医生给丝丝的一条胳膊擦完酒精后 |
[17:16] | and gave CeeCee the shot on the other arm. | 却在她另一条胳膊上扎针 |
[17:19] | He did? | 真的吗 |
[17:20] | He did. Look, | 真的 听我说 |
[17:21] | your mom shouldn’t have made an appointment behind our backs, | 你妈是不该背着我们偷偷做预约 |
[17:23] | but our guy might be ready for the glue factory. | 但我们那医生也真是不咋地 |
[17:26] | Maybe you’re right. | 或许你说得对吧 |
[17:28] | I’m confused, do I like this or not? | 我搞不懂了 我到底该不该喜欢这道菜啊 |
[17:38] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[17:39] | Helping. | 帮忙 |
[17:41] | I thought I was a disappointment. | 我不是让你很失望吗 |
[17:43] | I can be disappointed with you | 我是对你很失望 |
[17:44] | and still not want you to go to jail. | 但我仍然不希望你进监狱 |
[17:47] | Finished organizing the religious items. | 我整理完宗教相关的物品了 |
[17:48] | I separated them by New Testament hokum, | 我把它们分为三大类 《新约》屁话 |
[17:50] | Old Testament hokum, and general nonsense. | 《旧约》屁话和普通的屁话 |
[17:52] | Also, Sheldon couldn’t sleep | 而且 谢尔顿也睡不着 |
[17:54] | knowing the room was only half-organized. | 因为知道房间还没整理完 |
[17:56] | It’s true. It was like my brain | 是真的 仿佛我的大脑 |
[17:57] | was itchy and I couldn’t scratch it. | 瘙痒难耐 而我却挠不到 |
[17:59] | Very irritating. | 超级烦人 |
[18:00] | It was. Very. | 没错 快被烦死了 |
[18:02] | Well, I thank you both, but… | 我很感谢你们帮我 但是 |
[18:05] | I should be doing this myself. | 这些事应该由我自己完成 |
[18:07] | Yes, you should, but we’re already here. | 你是应该 但我们来都来了 |
[18:09] | Great, I’m gonna start on the books. | 太好了 我从准备从书本开始整理 |
[18:10] | I invented my own Dewey Decimal System, | 我发明了我派的杜威十进图书分类法 |
[18:12] | but instead of decimals, I use fractions. | 即不用小数 改用分数 |
[18:20] | 40 hours, not bad. | 40小时 还不错 |
[18:22] | It might’ve been 42, but I rounded down. | 其实有42小时 不过我四舍五入取整数了 |
[18:26] | And you did all the work by yourself? | 这些工作都是你独立完成的吗 |
[18:28] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[18:30] | You know I called your daughter to check up on you. | 你知道吗 我有叫你女儿去查看你的情况 |
[18:36] | What did she say? | 她怎么说 |
[18:37] | She said you worked your butt off. | 她说你干活很拼 |
[18:39] | Well, there you go. | 你瞧 我没乱说吧 |
[18:41] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[18:42] | I’ll see you next week. | 我们下周再见 |
[18:47] | You know, you were pretty rough on me the other day, | 那天你对待我很苛刻 |
[18:50] | and I just want to let you know | 我想告诉你 |
[18:51] | that I appreciated that. | 我对此感激不尽 |
[18:53] | You do? | 真的假的 |
[18:54] | Well, I think it was the kick in the pants that I needed. | 真的 我当时正需要这样的严厉批评 |
[18:59] | And since things are going so well, | 既然一切进展得如此顺利 |
[19:01] | I was wondering it you might want to reduce my sentence. | 你能不能给我减点刑呀 |
[19:07] | See you next week. | 下周见 |
[19:10] | Bye now. | 慢走不送 |
[19:13] | Bye. | 再见 |
[19:20] | I heard you took CeeCee to Dr. Talanda. | 听说你们带丝丝去看塔兰达医生了 |
[19:24] | We did. | 是的 |
[19:25] | And he was very good. | 他非常专业 |
[19:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:28] | No need to thank me. | 不用谢我 |
[19:30] | I just want the best for my granddaughter. | 我只是想给我外孙女最好的 |
[19:32] | Well, that’s what we all want. | 我们都是这样希望的 |
[19:36] | Funny thing. | 有意思的是 |
[19:37] | Uh, Talanda said | 塔兰达医生说 |
[19:38] | it’s actually okay for CeeCee | 丝丝含着安抚奶嘴睡觉 |
[19:41] | to have her pacifier to sleep. | 其实也没什么问题 |
[19:43] | Who’s raising this baby, him or you? | 到底是谁在养这个宝宝 你还是他 |
[19:45] | We are. | 我们啊 |
[19:46] | And I think we’re doing a dang good job of it. | 而且我觉得我们做得很棒呢 |
[19:48] | I was talking to my daughter. | 我是在跟我女儿说话 |
[19:50] | Oh, I love this commercial. The dog eats the cat food. | 我好喜欢这个广告 里面的狗在吃猫粮 |
[19:55] | Georgie can talk, okay? | 小乔治也有发言权的 好吗 |
[19:57] | That’s how our marriage works. | 这是我们的夫妻相处之道 |
[19:59] | Excuse me, are you implying my husband | 你是在暗指我丈夫 |
[20:01] | isn’t allowed to speak his mind? | 无权在家里发表意见吗 |
[20:04] | Well, if we’re gonna put cards on the table, | 如果要把话挑明了说 |
[20:06] | yeah. | 是这意思 |
[20:08] | That isn’t true. | 才不是这样 |
[20:09] | Tell him, Jim. | 你快告诉他啊 吉姆 |
[20:11] | Like he can say anything now that you put him on the spot. | 你把爸爸推出来当箭靶 他哪敢说什么 |
[20:13] | He isn’t on the spot. | 我没推他当箭靶 |
[20:15] | He is a grown man. | 他是成年人了 |
[20:17] | Speak. | 说话啊 |
[20:19] | Stop bossing him around. He will speak when he wants to. | 你不要再指挥他 他自己想说话才说 |
[20:22] | You want to get some popcorn? | 你要不要吃爆米花 |
[20:23] | I’ve been married to the man for 35 years, I know what he wants. | 我和他结婚35年了 我很清楚他想要什么 |
[20:25] | Maybe what he wants is for you to get off his back. | 他最想要的可能就是你别再烦他 |
[20:28] | Oh, look who’s an expert on marriage | 某人不过嫁为人妇短短一个月 |
[20:30] | after one whole month. | 就装出一副婚姻专家的样子 |