时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | So, where should I go? | 那我应该去哪儿 |
[00:04] | – Caltech. – MIT. | -加州理工 -麻省理工 |
[00:06] | I’m so excited to visit MIT. | 要去参观麻省理工 我好兴奋 |
[00:08] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[00:11] | Proud of you, son. | 我为你骄傲 孩子 |
[00:12] | Thank you, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[00:17] | Caltech? | 还是去加州理工吧 |
[00:18] | Caltech. | 去加州理工 |
[00:22] | I always believed my extraordinary life | 我一直相信我非凡的一生 |
[00:24] | would be chronicled in numerous biographies. | 会被出版成各种传记 |
[00:27] | I even used to make up my own titles. | 我以前甚至会自己想书名 |
[00:29] | My favorites were: | 我最爱的几个有 |
[00:30] | From Texas to Success: the Sheldon Cooper Journey, | 《从德州到成功: 谢尔顿·库珀的传奇之路》 |
[00:33] | and Cooper for Kids, | 以及《库珀幼儿版》 |
[00:35] | a pre-school introduction to quantum gravity in superstring. | 给幼儿园孩子们的超弦理论中的量子引力入门 |
[00:38] | The point is, | 重点是 |
[00:39] | I knew my formative years would be well-documented, | 我知道我的成长阶段会被后人探究 |
[00:42] | which meant I needed to polish up | 这就表示我需要把 |
[00:44] | some of my early academic credentials, | 我早期的学术资历给提升一番 |
[00:47] | especially East Texas Tech. | 尤其是东德州理工这里 |
[00:49] | Wh-What am I looking at? | 这些是什么东西 |
[00:50] | My proposal for next semester’s curriculum on string theory. | 我给下学期弦理论课程的教学大纲的建议 |
[00:53] | I may be leaving, but that doesn’t mean | 我虽然要离开了 但这并不代表 |
[00:54] | you can attract more brilliant minds | 这里不能继续吸引更多天纵奇才啊 |
[00:56] | by staying on the cutting edge. | 只要学术上保持尖端就行 |
[00:57] | Sheldon, you are not a professor here. | 谢尔顿 你又不是这里的教授 |
[00:59] | Oh, I know. If I were to teach, | 我太清楚了 因为如果我是 |
[01:00] | it would be at a much better university than this one. | 这里绝对会是一所比现在好太多的大学 |
[01:03] | And, in 54 days, you will no longer be a student here. | 而且 再过54天 你就不再是这里的学生了 |
[01:07] | Not that I’m counting. | 我绝对没有在一天天数日子 |
[01:08] | True, we should relish these moments. | 是啊 所以我们更要珍惜最后的时光 |
[01:10] | Oh, I’m relishing. | 我珍惜着呢 |
[01:12] | Look at me relish. | 看我珍惜的表情 |
[01:14] | So, what am I supposed to do with this? | 所以 你这堆建议是想我怎么样 |
[01:16] | Just because I won’t be here doesn’t mean | 虽然我之后不在这里就读 |
[01:18] | I won’t forever be associated with this university. | 但我这一生还是会跟这所大学有关联啊 |
[01:20] | And it would be nice if people look at my resume | 所以我希望以后别人看我简历时 |
[01:22] | and said “East Texas Tech,” not “East Texas Tech.” | 能说出”是东德州理工啊” 而非”是东德州理工啊” |
[01:25] | You said those the exact same way. | 你两种的语气一模一样啊 |
[01:27] | Really? In my head, the second one was dripping with scorn. | 真的吗 在我脑海里 第二种充满了鄙夷 |
[01:30] | “East Texas Tech.” How was that? | “是东德州理工啊” 这样如何 |
[01:32] | Dripping. | 太充太满了 |
[01:34] | Sheldon, I appreciate this, | 谢尔顿 我谢谢你的好意 |
[01:35] | but, uh, we have an excellent faculty here, | 但我们大学有许多优秀的教职员了 |
[01:38] | and they are quite capable of | 他们完全有能力 |
[01:40] | devising their own curriculum without your help. | 不靠你的帮助 独力设计卓越的上课内容 |
[01:42] | I suppose I could spin East Texas Tech | 大不了我以后说起东德州理工 |
[01:43] | as a hardship I had to overcome, like a hunchback or a club foot. | 就说是我已经克服的人生难关 类似驼背或者畸形足 |
[01:48] | 54 days. | 就剩54天了 |
[01:50] | I know. I’m going to miss this, too. | 我知道 我也会想念这一切 |
[01:53] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:56] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:59] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:01] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:04] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:11] | So, this is the new physics curriculum I’ve developed for next year. | 这些是我为下学年设计好的新物理学课程 |
[02:15] | Introduction to nonlinear sigma models? | 非线性西格玛模型导论吗 |
[02:19] | That’s some pretty advanced stuff. | 这是挺深的内容耶 |
[02:21] | And that’s the point. | 重点就在这里 |
[02:23] | You know, Sheldon may be leaving, | 谢尔顿或许要离开了 |
[02:24] | but we can attract the next brilliant mind | 但只要我们让课程保持在最尖端 |
[02:26] | if we stay on the cutting edge. | 我们还是能吸引下一个天纵英才 |
[02:29] | Couldn’t agree more. | 太同意你这想法了 |
[02:29] | In fact, John, why don’t you take point | 这样吧 约翰 要不然你负责去 |
[02:31] | on that nonlinear class and I’ll teach, uh… | 教那门非线性课 而我负责教… |
[02:33] | Ooh, so much here I’ve heard of, | 这上面好多我听说过的东西啊 |
[02:36] | which one do I pick? | 我该选哪一样呢 |
[02:38] | All right, if this material is too challenging for you, | 行吧 要是这些内容对你们来说太高深 |
[02:41] | maybe I should rethink my faculty. | 或许我该整顿一下学系了 |
[02:43] | What are you saying? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[02:45] | Well, legally I can’t say that I’m replacing you | 为了保持合法 我不能说要换掉你们 |
[02:48] | with someone younger, so I’m not saying that. | 改请年轻人 所以我绝对没要这么说 |
[02:50] | Uh, legally. | 合法上说 |
[02:51] | Nice try, but I have tenure. | 想得美 我有终身教职 |
[02:53] | I don’t. | 我没有啊 |
[02:55] | – Tough luck. – Another thing | -那你多保重 -另一方面 |
[02:56] | I’m not saying is | 我也绝对没有要说 |
[02:58] | that I’m going to put your office at the top | 我要把你们的办公室改到 |
[03:00] | of a flight of very steep stairs. | 要爬超多楼梯的教学楼上层 |
[03:02] | Okay, that won’t be necessary. | 行了 不需要做到这样吧 |
[03:03] | We may be out of the loop on this stuff, | 或许我们对这些新东西还不熟 |
[03:06] | but we can catch up. | 但我们也能迎头赶上啊 |
[03:07] | Agreed! We can be up to speed in two shakes of a lamb’s tail. | 同意 我们士别三日 必让你刮目相看 |
[03:12] | Don’t say that, you sound old. | 别这么说 感觉好老气 |
[03:13] | Lickety-split? | 飞速进步 |
[03:14] | Better. | 好些了 |
[03:15] | Lickety-split. | 飞速进步 |
[03:23] | – Oh, come to Nana. – There you go. | -来奶奶怀里 -给 |
[03:25] | Oh, you got so big. | 你变得好大啊 |
[03:27] | I said that to her when she was pregnant. | 她怀孕时我也这么对她说了 |
[03:29] | No bueno. | 绝对不行 |
[03:31] | So, uh, what movie y’all going to see? | 所以你们要去看哪部电影 |
[03:33] | Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. | 《神探飞机头》 |
[03:35] | Mandy, you want to see that? | 曼蒂 你会想看这电影吗 |
[03:37] | I don’t care, I’m gonna be asleep before the lights go down. | 我无所谓 估计灯光还没暗我就睡着了 |
[03:39] | Well, we are so happy to babysit. | 我们很乐意帮你们看孩子 |
[03:41] | In fact, if you want to go to dinner | 甚至如果你们电影完 |
[03:43] | after the movie, that’s fine with us. | 想顺便共进晚餐 我们也很欢迎 |
[03:45] | Aw, thanks, | 多谢了 |
[03:46] | but we’re trying to save money. | 但我们最近想存钱呢 |
[03:48] | George, give them some money so they can go to dinner. | 乔治 给他们一点晚餐钱 |
[03:50] | We’re already babysitting for free. | 我们已经免费帮忙看小孩了 |
[03:52] | But we never get to see this little one, | 我们平常都没什么机会见到宝宝了 |
[03:54] | because her mean Mommy and Daddy moved her away. | 因为她的大坏蛋爸爸妈妈搬家了 |
[03:57] | Well, Mommy and Daddy have their own bathroom now, so… | 但爸爸妈妈现在有自己的洗手间 所以… |
[04:00] | Oh, that’s the dream right there. | 那可是梦想成真啊 |
[04:03] | Alrighty. Bye, baby. | 好啦 再见啦 宝宝 |
[04:05] | Bye, honey. Be good. | 亲爱的再见 要乖啊 |
[04:07] | Oh, she’ll be an angel for Nana and Grampy. | 她绝对会当奶奶与阿公的小天使 |
[04:10] | Grampy? | 阿公吗 |
[04:11] | I didn’t sign off on that. | 我可没同意过这称呼 |
[04:12] | Okay, let’s go, I want to get this nap started. | 好啦 出发吧 我想赶紧开始补眠了 |
[04:16] | See you, Grampy. | 再见啦 阿公 |
[04:19] | Grant. | 格兰特 |
[04:20] | I finished reading Ed Witten’s article | 我已经读完爱德华·维滕 |
[04:23] | on the Landau-Ginzburg orbifold. | 关于金兹堡-朗道轨环的论文了 |
[04:25] | I’m almost done with one on Planckian scattering. | 我也快读完普朗克散射的那篇了 |
[04:28] | I don’t know why we were so reluctant | 我真是不理解我们之前怎么会 |
[04:30] | to dive into these new theories. | 那么不乐意学习新的理论 |
[04:33] | – Agreed. – Exciting stuff. | -就是啊 -多新鲜刺激的东西啊 |
[04:35] | – Thrilling. – So thrilling. | -眼前一亮 -太亮了 |
[04:37] | A little hard to parse. | 微微有点难以理解 |
[04:39] | A bit enigmatic. | 有一点像天书 |
[04:41] | I had to read the same paragraph four times. | 同一段文章我得反复读四遍 |
[04:43] | I fell asleep on one paper, drooled all over it. | 我看其中一篇论文时睡着了 口水全流上去了 |
[04:47] | – Huh. – Is it possible | -嗯哼 -你说有没有可能 |
[04:49] | that we’re too old to learn new things? | 我们已经老到学不了新东西了 |
[04:52] | Nonsense. This would have been over my head | 胡说八道 这些玩意就算是我年轻时 |
[04:54] | even as a young man. | 我也照样过目就忘 |
[04:55] | Maybe we just need someone to explain it to us. | 或许我们只需要有人跟我们讲解一下 |
[04:58] | Are you talking about Sheldon? | 你是在说谢尔顿吗 |
[05:00] | I’m sure he’d be happy to help. | 我相信他会很乐意协助 |
[05:01] | Oh, that’s what I’m afraid of. | 我怕的就是这点 |
[05:03] | I don’t want to give him the satisfaction of thinking | 我可不想让他享受到自己比我们俩聪明 |
[05:05] | he’s smarter than us. | 这种满足感 |
[05:06] | But he is smarter than us. | 但他的确比我们聪明啊 |
[05:08] | I know that and you know that, but he can never know that. | 这我们俩心知肚明 但决不能让他知道 |
[05:11] | Okay, how about this? | 那这样如何 |
[05:14] | We take one of these papers, | 我们随便选一份论文 |
[05:16] | buckle down and figure it out together. | 一起努力来搞懂它 |
[05:19] | Teamwork, I like it. | 团队合作啊 我喜欢 |
[05:23] | Actually, could you move it a bit closer? | 你可不可以举近一点呢 |
[05:25] | That’s a little fuzzy. | 我看着有点模糊 |
[05:27] | Now it’s fuzzy for me. | 但这样我看着模糊了 |
[05:29] | Put on your cheaters. | 戴上你的眼镜啊 |
[05:31] | I forgot them on the bus. | 我把它忘在公交上了 |
[05:33] | I have an extra pair, would you like them? | 我有一副多的 你想要戴吗 |
[05:35] | That would be lovely. | 那就太好了 |
[05:37] | Teamwork. | 团队合作 |
[05:40] | Say “Nana.” | 喊”奶奶” |
[05:42] | Nana. | 奶奶 |
[05:43] | Na-na. | 奶 奶 |
[05:45] | Ain’t she a little young for that, Mare? | 玛丽 她离说话还很久吧 |
[05:47] | For the record, I said my first word at four months. | 告诉你们 我第一次说话是在4个月大时 |
[05:50] | It was “Hypotenuse.” | 我说了直角三角形的”斜边” |
[05:52] | I asked you to get her bottle, not yours. | 我是让你去拿她的瓶子 不是你的 |
[05:54] | Two birds, Mare. | 一石二鸟嘛 玛丽 |
[05:56] | Get down here and feed her with me. | 给我坐下来 陪我一起喂她 |
[05:58] | Why? | 为什么啊 |
[05:59] | ‘Cause that’s how you bond. | 这样才能建立感情啊 |
[06:01] | All right. | 好吧 |
[06:03] | You’re gonna have to get me back up. | 那你就得负责帮我起身了 |
[06:06] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[06:08] | I’m home! | 我到家啦 |
[06:10] | Oh, no, did Dad fall? | 糟糕 爸爸摔跤了吗 |
[06:11] | No, I’m bonding with the baby. | 没有 我是在跟宝宝建立感情 |
[06:14] | Isn’t she the cutest? | 她是不是世界第一可爱 |
[06:16] | Want to know what else is cute? | 想知道还有什么东西可爱吗 |
[06:17] | – Another piercing right up here. – No. | -这里再穿一个耳洞 -不准 |
[06:19] | Why? Heather just got one. | 为什么不行 海瑟就穿了一个 |
[06:21] | I thought you and Heather were fighting. | 你跟海瑟不是在吵架吗 |
[06:22] | Yeah, middle school’s complicated. | 是啊 中学人生多复杂啊 |
[06:24] | You’re not getting another piercing. | 你不准再打耳洞 |
[06:26] | It’s my ear. | 这是我的耳朵 |
[06:27] | We made that ear. It’s our ear. | 是我们做出来的耳朵 所以属于我们 |
[06:30] | I hate this house. | 我恨这个家 |
[06:33] | I miss when she couldn’t talk. | 我好怀念她还不会说话的时候 |
[06:46] | Hi, Sheldon. | 你好啊 谢尔顿 |
[06:47] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:48] | I was hoping I could pick your brain | 我来是想跟你切磋切磋 |
[06:50] | about some of the latest breakthroughs in string theory. | 弦理论的一些最新突破 |
[06:53] | And, uh, | 然后嘛… |
[06:55] | maybe we keep this between us. | 这件事我们俩知道就行 |
[06:57] | Uh, Dr. Linkletter doesn’t need to know. | 不需要让林克莱特博士知道 |
[07:02] | Grant? | 格兰特 |
[07:03] | John. | 约翰 |
[07:04] | I can’t believe you went to Sheldon behind my back. | 真不敢相信你背着我来找谢尔顿 |
[07:08] | You’re doing the same exact thing. | 你也在干一样的事好吗 |
[07:10] | Yeah, well, you did it first! | 可是你先这么干了 |
[07:13] | In or out? I don’t have all night. | 那你进不进来 我没太多闲工夫 |
[07:22] | Well, thanks so much for watching her. | 谢谢你帮忙照看她 |
[07:24] | – Was she any trouble? – No, not at all. | -她有给你们添麻烦吗 -完全没有 |
[07:26] | How was your nap? | 你补觉补得如何 |
[07:27] | I’ve had better. Hey. | 不算睡得太好 |
[07:28] | A guy talks out of his butt, I laugh. | 男主角用屁眼说话 我笑也不行吗 |
[07:30] | Dr Pepper came out your nose. | 你笑到汽水都从鼻孔喷出来了 |
[07:32] | Yeah, when words came out of his butt. | 对啊 毕竟他屁眼说出话来呢 |
[07:34] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[07:35] | Mare, this is where you hand the baby back | 玛丽 通常这时候应该把宝宝还回去 |
[07:36] | and let them leave. | 让他们回家了 |
[07:37] | I’m just soaking her up. | 我只是想多粘着她 |
[07:39] | They don’t live in Kansas. | 他们又不是住大老远 |
[07:40] | You can see ’em whenever you want. | 你只要想 随时都能去找他们 |
[07:41] | Okay, well, | 好啦好啦 |
[07:43] | Nana loves you. | 奶奶爱你 |
[07:45] | Nana’s the best. | 奶奶是最棒的 |
[07:47] | Nana. | 奶奶 |
[07:48] | Nana, Nana, Nana. | 奶奶 奶奶 奶奶 |
[07:51] | All right, Nana. Take it down a notch. | 好了奶奶 你悠着点 |
[07:53] | Okay. Bring her back anytime. I mean it, anytime. | 好啦 随时都能带她回来 真的随时都行 |
[07:56] | I think they got it. | 好啦 他们听到了 |
[07:58] | We got it. | 我们听到啦 |
[07:59] | Bye. | 再见 |
[08:01] | That was so nice. | 感觉真是太好了 |
[08:03] | Yeah, what a sweet deal. | 对啊 多棒的条件啊 |
[08:03] | You have a little fun, then hand her right back. | 你能玩个爽 玩完又能直接丢回去 |
[08:06] | I don’t know, I like having a baby in the house. | 是吗 可是我喜欢家里有宝宝的感觉 |
[08:11] | Yeah, well… | 是吗 这个嘛… |
[08:13] | You know, Russ at work, he-he’s starting all over | 跟你说 学校的那个罗斯 他最近刚跟 |
[08:15] | with wife number two. | 第二任老婆有了新孩子 |
[08:16] | You should see him. | 你真应该看看他 |
[08:17] | Looks like a walking corpse. | 累到仿佛行尸走肉 |
[08:19] | That doesn’t sound so bad. | 感觉也不是那么糟啊 |
[08:22] | Are you serious? | 你是说认真的吗 |
[08:25] | Well, Georgie and CeeCee live across town, | 毕竟小乔治与丝丝住在城市另一边嘛 |
[08:28] | Sheldon’s about to move to California. | 谢尔顿也准备搬去加州 |
[08:31] | The house is gonna feel empty. | 家里会变得很冷清 |
[08:32] | Whoa, whoa, it ain’t empty yet, you still got Missy here. | 人还没跑光好吗 米希还住在家里 |
[08:35] | Missy doesn’t let me hug her anymore. | 米希都不让我抱她了 |
[08:38] | That is not true. | 哪有这回事 |
[08:39] | – Missy, get out here and hug your mother! – No! | -米希 过来抱抱你妈 -才不要 |
[08:50] | Booth just opened up. | 卡座有位了 |
[08:51] | Y’all want to move over? | 你们想不想过去那边坐 |
[08:53] | Booth? We’re not on a date. | 卡座 我们又不是在约会 |
[08:55] | I don’t want our knees rubbing up on each other. | 我可不想和你互蹭膝盖 变成调情 |
[08:57] | Well, excuse me for wanting to be comfortable. | 我就是想坐得舒服点 犯法吗 |
[09:00] | George, you believe this guy? He wants to sit in a booth. | 乔治 你说这人离不离谱 居然想去卡座坐 |
[09:02] | What? Oh, yeah. | 什么 就是啊 |
[09:04] | Come on, Wayne we’re not on a date. | 韦恩 拜托 我们又不是在约会 |
[09:06] | I just made that joke. | 我刚刚才这样吐槽他 |
[09:07] | Get your head in the game. | 你能不能认真点听我们说话 |
[09:08] | Sorry, I… | 抱歉 我… |
[09:10] | I’m a little distracted. | 我有点心烦意乱 |
[09:11] | All right, what’s going on? | 怎么了 说来听听 |
[09:13] | We were babysitting the granddaughter. | 我们在帮忙照看孙女 |
[09:15] | I’m worried Mary’s got a little baby fever. | 我担心玛丽有点想再生一个 |
[09:18] | You tell her about Russ? | 你有跟她说罗斯的情况吗 |
[09:19] | ‘Course I told her about Russ. | 我当然有跟她说 |
[09:21] | Poor bastard. Shuffling around like a zombie. | 可怜的家伙 天天累得像行尸走肉 |
[09:24] | And Russ is in shape. | 而且罗斯身材还不错 |
[09:25] | You can’t go around chasing after a baby. | 你可没体力追着一个小婴儿跑了 |
[09:28] | Hey, I’ll have you know I got up off the floor | 别小看我 今天我可是 |
[09:29] | all by myself today. | 独力从地板爬起来了 |
[09:31] | Of course you did. | 当然当然 |
[09:33] | Just because she’s having fun with your grandkid | 她带孙女带得很开心 |
[09:35] | doesn’t mean she wants more babies. | 也不代表她就想再生小孩啊 |
[09:36] | I don’t know. | 这可不好说 |
[09:38] | She’s definitely brought it up before. | 她以前确实提过这事 |
[09:40] | Oh, boy. | 糟了 |
[09:41] | There’s gonna be a new zombie in town. | 镇上要出现新丧尸了 |
[09:43] | Chunky zombie. | 肥仔丧尸 |
[09:44] | Hey, it isn’t all up to her. I have a say in this. | 这又不是她一人说了算 我也有发言权 |
[09:49] | I’m serious. It… | 我是说真的 |
[09:50] | It takes two. | 造人是双人运动嘛 |
[09:52] | Then be honest with her. | 那就跟她说真心话 |
[09:53] | Or you don’t want another one, do what I did. | 或者如果你不想再要孩子 就效仿我的做法 |
[09:57] | I’m not getting a divorce. | 我可没打算离婚 |
[09:59] | No, I mean, get a little snip. | 不 我是说结扎 |
[10:01] | Never worry about it again. | 再也不用担心会有小孩 |
[10:03] | Well, you mean like a… like a down-there snip? | 你是指 把下面扎起来吗 |
[10:07] | I can’t believe I let you teach Health. | 我居然让你去教健康教育课 |
[10:09] | Well, Mary’d never go for that. | 玛丽肯定不会同意 |
[10:11] | I didn’t know you got snipped. | 我都不知道你结扎了 |
[10:13] | That’s ’cause my balls are none of your business. | 因为我的蛋不劳你费心 |
[10:16] | Fair point. | 有道理 |
[10:18] | If W is the Kahler metric on the algebraic variety X, | 如果W是在代数簇X上的卡勒度量 |
[10:21] | and the canonical bundle KX is trivial, then X is what? | 且标准丛KX不重要 那X是什么 |
[10:23] | – A Zariski space. – Wrong. | -扎里斯基空间 -错 |
[10:27] | Hey! | 你干嘛 |
[10:28] | Obviously, it’s an elliptic curve. | 显然是椭圆曲线嘛 |
[10:30] | Wrong. | 错 |
[10:31] | Hey! | 喂 |
[10:32] | Why are you hitting us? | 你为什么打我们 |
[10:35] | – Wrong. – Ow! Why’d you hit me? | -错 -你为什么打我 |
[10:37] | Pain is the best teacher. | 疼痛是最好的老师 |
[10:39] | I’m teaching you. | 我是在教你们 |
[10:40] | Well, it feels like you’re hitting us. | 感觉你只是趁机打我们 |
[10:42] | Like you, I struggled with these concepts, but eventually, | 我也曾和你们一样 苦思这些概念 但最终 |
[10:44] | I mastered them, through hard work, resilience | 我全部掌握了 正是通过不屑的努力 |
[10:46] | and a healthy dose of knuckle whacking. | 和适量的打关节惩罚 |
[10:47] | Son, we are accomplished scientists. | 孩子 我们可是建树斐然的科学家 |
[10:50] | We won’t be treated like this. | 你不能这样对待我们 |
[10:52] | Very well. | 那好吧 |
[10:53] | Class, who knows where the dummkopf went wrong? | 有哪位同学能说出这位傻蛋错在哪里 |
[10:56] | Dummkopf? You’re calling me a dummy? | 傻蛋吗 你说我是傻蛋吗 |
[10:58] | There’s also public humiliation. That was quite effective. | 还有一招是当众羞辱 也很有效 |
[11:01] | Are you old dummkopfs ready to learn, | 你们两个老傻蛋准备好学习了吗 |
[11:02] | or is it past your bedtime? | 还是你们该上床睡觉了 |
[11:04] | Oh, I’m good till at least 7:30. | 我能熬夜到7点半的 |
[11:11] | Hey. | 我回来了 |
[11:12] | What you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[11:14] | – The twins’ first birthday. – Yeah. | -双胞胎一岁生日的照片 -是哦 |
[11:16] | Look how little they were. | 你看他们那时候小小一个 |
[11:18] | Well, look how little I was. | 看 我那时也很瘦啊 |
[11:19] | And Georgie when he lost his first tooth. | 这是小乔治刚掉第一颗乳牙 |
[11:22] | When he learned it was worth a quarter, | 他得知牙仙会给2毛5后 |
[11:23] | he tried to pull out the rest of ’em. | 还试图把所有牙全拔下来 |
[11:25] | Guess he’s always been a businessman. | 看来他从小就有生意头脑 |
[11:26] | Yeah. And an idiot. | 是啊 以及傻头傻脑 |
[11:28] | Tell me you don’t miss their sweet little faces. | 难道你不怀念他们那时的可爱小脸蛋吗 |
[11:33] | Mm. That’s why we took pictures. | 所以才拍照留念啊 |
[11:34] | It’s not the same as rocking ’em to sleep at night. | 照片代替不了晚上亲自哄他们睡觉的感觉 |
[11:37] | Yeah, ’till they wake you up at 3:00 a.m. | 是啊 然后半夜三点被他们吵醒 |
[11:39] | And smelling their little heads. | 还有嗅闻他们的小脑袋 |
[11:41] | Really? That’s the smell you remember? | 不是吧 你念念不忘的是那个味道吗 |
[11:43] | Come on. It wasn’t that bad. | 也没有那么臭啦 |
[11:45] | It wasn’t, but… we were younger then. | 是啦 但我们当年还年轻力壮 |
[11:49] | I’m not saying we should try for another one. | 我不是说我们应该试着再生一个 |
[11:52] | – Great. – I’m just saying, | -太好了 -我只是说 |
[11:54] | if there was an accident, it might be a happy accident. | 如果发生了意外 也是个美好的意外 |
[12:01] | I guess it’s in God’s hands. | 看来只能听从上帝的安排了 |
[12:02] | I guess it is. | 是啊 |
[12:05] | Hello. Hey. | 你好 |
[12:07] | I’m here about a vasectomy. | 我想咨询一下输精管结扎术 |
[12:08] | Actually, our earliest appointment is in three weeks. | 最快的预约也要排到三周后 |
[12:13] | – Hmm. That long, huh? – Yeah. | -要等那么久 -是的 |
[12:15] | I can’t do it. I cannot do it. | 我做不到 我真的做不到 |
[12:19] | Something may have just opened up. | 可能正好出现了个空档 |
[12:29] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:30] | Hello, Meemaw. | 你好 姥姥 |
[12:31] | Well, isn’t this a nice surprise? | 你打来真是个惊喜啊 |
[12:33] | You’re old. Can you still learn new things? | 你都那么老了 还能学会新事物吗 |
[12:41] | Want to try that again? | 你要不要重新措辞 |
[12:43] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[12:45] | I’m listening. | 我在听 |
[12:46] | I’m trying to teach | 我想教会 |
[12:47] | Dr. Linkletter and Dr. Sturgis string theory, | 林克莱特博士和斯特吉斯博士弦理论 |
[12:48] | and they’re struggling. | 但目前尚未成功 |
[12:50] | I’m worried that their advanced age is a factor. | 我担心他们年纪大也是一个因素 |
[12:52] | And since you’re also… | 由于你也… |
[12:53] | Careful. | 说话注意点 |
[12:55] | …in the winter of your life… | 正身处人生的冬季 |
[13:03] | You were saying? | 你刚才想说什么 |
[13:05] | And since you’re also a wise and mature woman… | 由于你也是睿智的成熟女性 |
[13:09] | Go on. | 继续 |
[13:10] | …you might have some tips on how best | 或许你能给我些建议 |
[13:11] | to educate others in your peer group. | 如何教导你的同龄人 |
[13:13] | So you want me to help you teach an old dog new tricks? | 你想让我帮你教老狗新把戏 |
[13:16] | I feel like if I said that you would have hung up. | 感觉我要是那样说 你会挂电话 |
[13:18] | Look, it can’t be easy for them | 他们很难接受 |
[13:20] | to be taught by somebody your age. | 被你这年纪的人教 |
[13:23] | I think you’re just gonna have | 你只能对他们 |
[13:24] | to be a little understanding and patient. | 多一些理解和耐心 |
[13:27] | Patient? They could drop dead at any mome– | 耐心 他们随时可能会断气… |
[13:35] | What? | 干嘛 |
[13:36] | Despite this challenging exchange, | 虽然我们交谈不愉快 |
[13:37] | you know I love you. | 但你知道我是爱你的 |
[13:38] | Yeah, yeah. | 是是是 |
[13:47] | I can’t believe you did it without telling your wife. | 你干这事居然没告诉你老婆 |
[13:49] | I didn’t call you for a lecture, Wayne. I called you for a ride. | 韦恩 我打给你是需要搭车 不是想听人训话 |
[13:52] | Which you needed ’cause you had a vasectomy | 你需要搭车正是因为你瞒着玛丽 |
[13:54] | without telling Mary. | 做了结扎手术 |
[13:55] | I only went down there to ask some questions, | 我本来只是去咨询咨询 |
[13:57] | and they had an opening. | 谁知突然有了空档 |
[13:58] | So you said, “Get in there, start snipping!” | 于是你就觉得机不可失 赶紧手起刀落 |
[14:00] | I panicked! | 我慌了嘛 |
[14:02] | Mary was looking at baby pictures. | 玛丽一直看婴儿照片 |
[14:04] | Oh. Well, clearly, you had no choice. | 那你真是别无选择了呢 |
[14:06] | I’m in a lot of pain here, Wayne. You’re not helping. | 我现在很疼 韦恩 你就别说风凉话了 |
[14:08] | What do you think she’s gonna say when she finds out? | 你觉得她发现之后会怎么说 |
[14:10] | – She’s not gonna find out. – You can barely walk. | -她不会发现的 -你连路都走不了 |
[14:14] | You think she’s not gonna notice? | 你觉得她不会注意到吗 |
[14:15] | You have any idea how much sitting I do at home? | 你知道我在家里有多少时间是坐着的吗 |
[14:17] | Oh, I can imagine. I do work with you. | 我能想象得到 毕竟我是你同事 |
[14:22] | Hey, watch out for that… | 注意地上有个… |
[14:26] | …pothole. | 坑 |
[14:28] | Oh, I saw it. | 我有看到啊 |
[14:31] | 26 dimensions. | 26个维度 |
[14:32] | In what world are there 26 dimensions? | 哪个世界会有26个维度啊 |
[14:34] | When I was an undergraduate, | 我读本科的时候 |
[14:36] | we made fun of the old professors | 也经常和同学取笑那些 |
[14:39] | who didn’t understand the theory of mesons. | 不懂介子理论的老教授 |
[14:42] | Me, too. I told my thesis advisor, | 我也是 我对我的论文导师说 |
[14:44] | “I’m surprised you don’t understand the physics of time. | “我很讶异 你居然不懂时间物理学 |
[14:47] | You were here for the dawn of it.” | 毕竟你也是时间之初就存在的老古董” |
[14:50] | And now, we’ve become them. | 如今 我们也成了他们 |
[14:54] | I wish. My mentor was a Fields Medal winner, | 我倒是想 我导师得过菲尔兹奖 |
[14:57] | taught at Princeton. What have I done? | 在普林斯顿大学任教 我有什么成就 |
[14:59] | You wrote that article on the positron. | 你写过关于正电子的那篇文章 |
[15:02] | I did. I was the belle of the physics ball that year. | 对 我就是那一年物理舞会的女王 |
[15:06] | And you– you’ve lectured all over the world. | 而你 你在世界各地都授过课 |
[15:08] | I can ask for Pepto Bismol in 16 languages. | 我会用16种语言点健胃消食饮料 |
[15:13] | Poro na echo ligo Pepto Bismol? | 能给我一杯健胃消食饮料否 |
[15:16] | That was Greek. | 这是希腊语 |
[15:18] | Clearly, we’re not too old to learn things. | 显然我们还没有老到学不会新事物 |
[15:20] | And there’s no shame in needing a little help. | 需要帮助也没什么可耻的 |
[15:23] | – Yeah! – Yeah! | -没错 -是啊 |
[15:25] | But does it have to be Sheldon? | 但非得是谢尔顿吗 |
[15:28] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -没错 -是啊 |
[15:30] | My meemaw made me realize | 我姥姥让我意识到 |
[15:31] | that Dr. Linkletter and Dr. Sturgis’ failure | 林克莱特博士和斯特吉斯博士 |
[15:34] | to learn string theory was my failure as a teacher. | 学不会弦理论 其实是我这个老师失职了 |
[15:37] | Perhaps the knuckles that really needed | 或许真正需要被打关节的 |
[15:39] | to be rapped were my own. | 是我自己 |
[15:41] | Ow! Lesson learned. | 我学到教训了 |
[15:46] | Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[15:47] | we’d like you to teach us again. | 我们想让你再教我们一遍 |
[15:50] | Understanding and patience. | 理解和耐心 |
[15:57] | All right, dummkopfs, let’s do this. | 好的 傻蛋们 开始吧 |
[16:09] | You don’t do that to all the food, do you? | 你不会对所有食物都那样做吧 |
[16:12] | I got hurt at practice. | 我训练时受伤了 |
[16:14] | Blow your whistle too hard? | 吹哨子吹太用力吗 |
[16:15] | Funny. | 你挺搞笑 |
[16:16] | Well, you make it easy. | 是你浑身破绽太容易被攻击 |
[16:19] | George, what happened? | 乔治 发生什么事了 |
[16:21] | Pulled a muscle at practice. | 训练时拉伤了肌肉 |
[16:22] | Also, I’m never eating peas again. | 还有 我再也不要吃青豆了 |
[16:25] | – Is it your…? – Groin, yeah. | -是不是伤到… -对 下面 |
[16:28] | Let me run you a warm bath. I bet that’ll help. | 我给你放热水泡个澡 肯定能缓解 |
[16:30] | Oh, I’ll be fine. I just need to sit for a while… | 没事的 我坐下缓缓就好了 |
[16:33] | and not take a shower for two to three days. | 还有就是两三天别洗澡 |
[16:36] | I’ll get you some BENGAY. | 我拿奔肌缓解酸痛膏给你涂 |
[16:37] | No, no! No. | 不不 不用 |
[16:38] | Heating pad? | 加热垫呢 |
[16:39] | I’m good. Got my peas, just need to sit. | 不用了 我有青豆了 我坐下就好 |
[16:51] | You sure you’re okay? | 你真的没事吗 |
[16:53] | Oh, yeah, right as rain. | 没事 我好得很 |
[17:01] | So wait a minute. Are you saying | 等等 你是说 |
[17:03] | that the particle should be understood | 应该把粒子理解为 |
[17:05] | as a sequence of functions executed in a manifold? | 在流形中执行的一系列函数吗 |
[17:10] | He said it, not me. | 是他说的 别打我 |
[17:11] | Actually, that’s correct. | 事实上你说对了 |
[17:13] | We were both thinking it. That’s what’s important. | 我们都是这么想的 这一点才最重要 |
[17:16] | So that would mean…? | 所以这意味着… |
[17:19] | Gravity is just the residue of forces within manifolds? | 重力只是流形内部力的残余 |
[17:22] | Are you asking me or telling me? | 你是在问我还是告诉我 |
[17:25] | Telling? | 告诉你…吧 |
[17:26] | You’re right. | 你说对了 |
[17:30] | I’m going to bed. You coming? | 我准备上床睡了 你来吗 |
[17:32] | Nah, I think I’m just gonna stay here. | 不了 我想待在这 |
[17:34] | You sure you’re okay? | 你真的没事吗 |
[17:35] | Yeah, I’ll be fine. | 我没事啊 |
[17:37] | Look at us. It’s 9:00, I’m exhausted. | 瞧我们 才9点我就累得不行了 |
[17:40] | You got hurt watching other people exercise. | 而你看别人训练都能把自己弄伤 |
[17:44] | I can’t believe I thought we could handle another baby. | 我之前居然还以为我们能再顾好一个宝宝 |
[17:51] | Really? | 你真这么想 |
[17:52] | Oh. CeeCee’s all we need. | 我们有丝丝就够了 |
[17:56] | Well, if that’s how you feel, I support it. | 如果你是这么想的 我绝对支持 |
[18:00] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:02] | Hey, before you go… | 你回房间之前 |
[18:05] | …could you swap me out? | 能不能帮我换一包 |
[18:08] | Broccoli or corn? | 要西蓝花还是玉米 |
[18:09] | Surprise me. | 给我个惊喜吧 |