时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Yes, Rodney, I know the agreement is for two years. | 是啊 罗德尼 我知道协议签的是两年 |
[00:04] | The truth is, I’m on dialysis. | 实际上 我正在做透析呢 |
[00:07] | It’s acute renal failure caused by sweat poisoning. | 是因汗中毒引起的肾衰竭 |
[00:10] | Strenuous exercise could literally kill me. | 剧烈运动真会要了我的命 |
[00:12] | I’m with my doctor right now. | 我的医生现在就在我身边呢 |
[00:14] | Let me put him on. | 我让他听电话 |
[00:15] | Oh, come on. | 不是吧你 |
[00:20] | This is dr. Patel. Look, between you and me, | 我是帕特尔医生 听着 我私下跟你说 |
[00:22] | she’s on her deathbed. | 她已经生命垂危了 |
[00:24] | I told her to cancel her gym membership | 我让她取消健身房的会员身份 |
[00:27] | just to give her a purpose in her final hours. | 就是为了让她在生命的最后寻找到一点目标 |
[00:30] | What a tragedy to die so young having not accomplished anything in life. | 一无所成就英年早逝 真是个大悲剧啊 |
[00:35] | Oh, that guy. What a pessimist. | 那家伙 真是个悲观主义者 |
[00:37] | I’m gonna fight this thing! | 我一定会努力与病魔抗争的 |
[00:39] | Thanks, Rodney. You’ve been a delight. | 谢了 罗德尼 你真是个大好人 |
[00:40] | Why don’t you just say, | 你为何不直接说 |
[00:41] | “I don’t want to go to your dumb gym anymore?” | “我不想去你那该死的健身房了” |
[00:43] | Because I don’t want Rodney out there judging me | 因为我不希望罗德尼因为我没去参加 |
[00:45] | when I don’t show up for 10:00 a.m. Pilates class. | 10点钟的普拉提课而评判我 |
[00:47] | You’ve never been to a 10:00 a.m. anything. | 你从没参加过早上10点的任何活动 |
[00:49] | My flight’s soon. | 我的飞机就快飞了 |
[00:50] | Can we continue this when I come back from parental purgatory? | 能等我从父母的炼狱中回来时再谈这些吗 |
[00:52] | Are your folks really that awful? | 你父母真有那么可怕吗 |
[00:55] | Just uptight and lame. | 严肃 正经 无趣 |
[00:58] | They act like I don’t have my shit together. | 他们搞得好像我完全没有自理能力一样 |
[01:01] | Those clothes aren’t even fully dry. | 那些衣服都没有完全干透啊 |
[01:03] | I’m gonna go borrow your toothbrush. | 我得借用一下你的牙刷 |
[01:11] | Uh, the trash goes from inside to outside, | 垃圾应该是从屋里往屋外扔 |
[01:13] | not the other way around. | 而不是从屋外捡回屋内 |
[01:14] | Oh, I’ve been trying this recycling thing. | 我最近在搞”废物循环利用”项目 |
[01:16] | If I save up enough money, I can buy Ambien from this Web site. | 如果我存到足够的钱 就能从网上买安睡药了 |
[01:19] | Isn’t the V.A. supposed to give you drugs for your… | 老兵管理处不是该免费发放药物治疗你的… |
[01:22] | for your war brain stuff? | 你的大脑在战争中的创伤吗 |
[01:24] | I don’t want to use up resources | 我不希望过多地占用医疗资源 |
[01:26] | when there are vets out there with real problems. | 毕竟有些老兵是真的面临很大的问题 |
[01:27] | You’re trading soda cans for black market pharmaceuticals. | 你是在捡易拉罐换黑市上的药物 |
[01:31] | That is a problem! | 那就是大问题啊 |
[01:33] | Fine. I’ll go talk to them. | 行吧 那我去找他们谈谈 |
[01:37] | And I’m out. | 我要出发了 |
[01:38] | All right, just let me wash this mask off, | 好吧 等我先把面膜洗掉 |
[01:40] | and then we can go. | 然后我们就可以出发了 |
[01:41] | Oh, no, no, no. I’ll just take an Uber. | 别别别 我用”优步打车”就行了 |
[01:42] | I’m headed that direction anyway. | 我反正也是要去那个方向啊 |
[01:43] | Jimmy, you’re not driving me to the airport. | 吉米 我不要你送我去机场 |
[01:45] | That’s ridiculous. | 那也太荒唐了 |
[01:46] | Look, I promise there will be no mushy, curbside stuff, okay? | 我保证不会有伤离别 执手相看泪眼的场面 |
[01:50] | I won’t even come to a complete stop. | 我都不会将车完全停下 |
[01:51] | You can just tuck and roll, all right? | 你直接飞身滚出车就行了 好吗 |
[01:53] | Give me a couple of minutes. | 给我几分钟就行 |
[02:15] | You cheated on Paul?! | 你背着保罗出去偷汉子了 |
[02:17] | Don’t whisper-yell at me! | 别小声吼我 |
[02:19] | How can you even live with yourself? | 你的良心怎么过得去啊 |
[02:20] | I can’t! | 我就是过不去呢 |
[02:21] | I feel so bad, | 我感觉好愧疚 |
[02:22] | I can’t eat | 我吃不下饭 |
[02:23] | or watch any shows with adultery. | 任何有通奸情节的剧我也不敢看 |
[02:25] | That’s all my shows. | 可我爱看的剧都是那类的 |
[02:27] | I’m getting nosebleeds from the guilt. | 我因为愧疚都开始流鼻血了 |
[02:28] | Nosebleeds? | 流鼻血 |
[02:29] | Also, I lied. | 并且 我撒谎了 |
[02:30] | I can totally eat. | 我能吃得很 |
[02:32] | Ladies, please keep it down. | 女士们 请小声点 |
[02:34] | It’s not fair. | 那不公平 |
[02:35] | You don’t know what it’s like to yearn for the touch of another. | 你完全不懂渴望被另一个男人爱抚的心情 |
[02:40] | Jimmy tried to kiss me. | 吉米曾试图吻我 |
[02:42] | What?! | 神马 |
[02:43] | But I… | 但是我… |
[02:45] | Oh, I said no… because I love my husband. | 我拒绝了 因为我爱我丈夫 |
[02:48] | Did you want to? | 你想吻他吗 |
[02:50] | I took a vow. | 我发了婚誓的 |
[02:51] | Marriage means being in it 24/7 | 婚姻意味着分分秒秒都要遵守 |
[02:53] | from the moment when you wake up in the morning, | 从你早上醒来的那一刻 |
[02:55] | and you see that red, curly happy trail, | 看到那红毛的小卷发 |
[02:57] | to at night when he rolls off of you | 到晚上 他从你身上翻身下来 |
[03:01] | and asks if you’ve had your “Gazz” yet. | 然后问你爽了没有 |
[03:02] | He asks you after he rolls off you? | 他从你身上翻下来后才问你爽了没吗 |
[03:04] | The point is, I restrain myself because I am not an animal. | 重点是 我克制着自己 因为我不是禽兽 |
[03:07] | After this class, you are gonna come clean with Paul. | 这节课结束后 你必须对保罗坦白 |
[03:09] | I can’t tell him. | 我不能告诉他 |
[03:11] | Lindsay, you’re not gonna tell him? | 琳赛 你不告诉他是吗 |
[03:13] | You need me to make you tell him? | 你是要我逼你告诉他吗 |
[03:14] | You gonna tell him, Lindsay? You gonna tell him? | 你到底要不要告诉他啊 琳赛 说不说 |
[03:16] | You know I can make you tell him, can make you! | 你知道我可以逼你告诉他的 我有那个本事 |
[03:18] | No. Fine! Fine. | 不要 好吧 好吧 |
[03:21] | Fine, I’ll tell him. | 行 我告诉他 |
[03:27] | You can continue the yoga now. | 你们可以继续练瑜伽了 |
[03:40] | Cheers. | 谢谢 |
[03:43] | Fellows! How is it? | 兄弟们 你们还好吗 |
[03:46] | Are you here to see a black movie, as well? | 你们也是来看黑人电影的吗 |
[03:49] | We just call it a movie. | 我们就称其为普通电影 |
[03:51] | – Where’s Sam? – Had a meeting. | -山姆呢 -开会去了 |
[03:52] | He’s on the board of the angelino Heights Restoration Committee. | 他是安杰利诺高地生态恢复委员会的一份子 |
[03:55] | What are you doing here? | 你到这儿来干什么 |
[03:56] | I like to yell out character inconsistencies, | 我喜欢大骂电影角色性格缺乏一致性 |
[03:58] | structural flaws, and keep a general humorous running commentary. | 结构缺陷 再加一些比较幽默的评论 |
[04:02] | This is the only place I can do that. | 我只能到这里来了 |
[04:05] | To be fair, we do like to go to Beverly Hills | 老实说 我们确实喜欢去比弗利山庄 |
[04:07] | to see a Wes Anderson movie, so… | 去看韦斯·安德森的电影 |
[04:09] | I like it when they clap for Bill Murray. | 我就喜欢他们为比尔·莫里喝彩的时候 |
[04:13] | I’ve just dropped Gretchen off at the airport, | 我刚把格雷琴送去了机场 |
[04:15] | as well, so I was in the hood any way. | 所以我恰好在这附近 |
[04:18] | Where does that bitch think she flying? | 那个贱人是要飞去哪儿啊 |
[04:19] | We supposed to meet her ass tomorrow morning. | 我们明早得跟她见个面才行的啊 |
[04:21] | Oh, that’s impossible. | 那是不可能的 |
[04:22] | She’s gone home for, like, a week. | 她大概要回家 一星期 |
[04:24] | Hey, it’s Shitstain. | 嘿 我是施斯坦 |
[04:26] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿 |
[04:28] | Oh, oh, she’s here. | 她还在这儿 |
[04:30] | Yeah, she’s headed to the museum with her parents. | 没错 她跟她父母一起去博物馆了 |
[04:32] | Yeah, yeah, Sam tried to drag us to that. | 是啊 是啊 山姆试图拉我们去呢 |
[04:35] | Heard the Rauschenberg pretty tight. | 听说罗森伯格那边很难搞呢 |
[04:37] | Okay, word. | 好的 说定了 |
[04:39] | Okay, so she told you she was flying out of town? | 好吧 她跟你说她要出城一周吗 |
[04:42] | And now she at a museum? | 但这会儿她却在博物馆里 |
[04:43] | Why would she lie to you about seeing her folks? | 她见父母为什么还要对你撒谎呢 |
[04:46] | – Have you met them? – No. | -你见过他们吗 -没有 |
[04:49] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[04:51] | She trying to hide you! | 她想掩藏你的存在 |
[04:53] | It’s just like Richie and Margot in The Royal tenenbaums. | 就跟《天才一族》里里奇和玛歌的关系一样 |
[04:56] | Right. Shit. | 对啊 我操 |
[04:57] | Look, I wouldn’t want to tell my mom | 如果我男友是德拉科·马尔福小少爷 |
[04:58] | I’m dating Draco Malfoy, either. | 我也不会告诉我妈的 |
[05:00] | Draco. | 德拉科 |
[05:04] | That’s… Draco! | 那是…德拉科 |
[05:06] | It’s butter in that? | 爆米花里有黄油吗 |
[05:08] | Oh, yeah, there’s Oh, we good. | 好棒 很好 |
[05:10] | So, for a while, I started drinking generic vodka till I passed out, | 一开始 我会喝伏特加喝到醉过去 |
[05:14] | but then I’d still have the same nightmares, | 但我依然会不停做噩梦 |
[05:16] | only in the dream, I’d be drunk | 只不过在梦中 我都是醉的 |
[05:17] | and way less coordinated. | 身体协调性也差很多 |
[05:19] | I am so sorry, bother. | 我真的很遗憾 兄弟 |
[05:20] | Now I’m scared to go to sleep | 现在我都不敢睡觉了 |
[05:21] | because I wake up super angry. | 因为我醒来时总是怒火满腔 |
[05:23] | Sleep to rage. It’s the worst. | 睡眠暴怒 那是最严重的一种了 |
[05:25] | I used to tell my wife to duct-tape pillows to my hands | 我曾经让我妻子把枕头用胶带缠在我手上 |
[05:28] | in case I woke up swinging. | 以防止我醒来就开始挥拳 |
[05:33] | So, my roommate says that I have a serious problem, | 我室友说我有一个严重的问题 |
[05:37] | and that you guys should cover all my meds. | 该由你们来负担我所有的医药费 |
[05:40] | Usually, I have to turn down a lot of folks, | 通常 我都得拒绝很多人 |
[05:43] | but you seem like a perfect candidate for help. | 但你似乎是很适合得到我们帮助的人 |
[05:47] | Real quick, who is this roommate? | 速问速答 你室友是谁 |
[05:49] | Oh, Jimmy. He’s a novelist from Britain. | 吉米 他是个来自英国的小说家 |
[05:52] | He lets me live with him in exchange for cooking and housework. | 他为我提供住处 我帮他做饭 打扫房屋 |
[05:54] | You have a job? | 你有工作吗 |
[05:55] | Tight. It can be so tough for vets to find work… | 真厉害 退伍老兵想重新找到工作是很难… |
[05:57] | Oh, no, he doesn’t pay me. | 不 他是不支付我工资的 |
[05:59] | Cool. | 好吧 |
[06:01] | So he thinks the U.S. Government should cover your expenses… | 他觉得美国政府该负担你的医药费 |
[06:04] | …while you work for free. | 但你却免费帮他工作 |
[06:06] | Oh, no. | 不是 |
[06:07] | He’s my best friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 |
[06:09] | Cool. | 好吧 |
[06:11] | Okay, very cool. | 好吧 很好 |
[06:13] | Soldier, have you ever heard of | 大兵 你有没有听说过 |
[06:15] | Domestic Civilian Transference Syndrome By Proxy? | 普罗克西所著的《国内平民情感转移综合症》一书 |
[06:19] | It’s my only copy, but trust me, | 我就这一本 但是相信我 |
[06:21] | it’s highly true. | 上面说的太对了 |
[06:22] | You need to nip this in the bud. | 你必须把这一切扼杀在摇篮中 |
[06:25] | Tonight, you sit this so-called roommate down | 今晚 你得把那个所谓的室友按下来长谈 |
[06:28] | and you say, “Hey, man, I was in the shit | 说 “老兄 我当时在战场上经历枪林弹雨 |
[06:30] | while you were at home watching telly. | 你却在家舒服地看电视 |
[06:32] | If my nightmares are too scary for you, | 如果我的噩梦对你来说太吓人了 |
[06:35] | maybe you need to pay for my meds!” | 或许该由你来负担我的医药费” |
[06:37] | Damn straight. | 说得太对了 |
[06:38] | Yeah, you tell him that. | 是啊 你就这么跟他说 |
[06:39] | I will tell him that. | 我就这么跟他说 |
[06:41] | I will! Thank you. | 我一定说 谢谢你 |
[06:44] | You’re welcome, soldier. | 不客气 大兵 |
[06:48] | Watching telly… | 看电视 |
[06:53] | Number 97. | 97号 |
[07:06] | You’re home. | 你回来啦 |
[07:07] | We need to talk about something. | 我们得好好谈一下 |
[07:09] | This has been eating away at me, | 我的心被这事折磨吞噬着 |
[07:12] | but the fact is… | 但事实上… |
[07:21] | …I realized I don’t really know what you do all day. | 我意识到 我都不知道你整天在干什么 |
[07:25] | Tell me about this…weird thing. | 跟我说说这个 古怪的东西吧 |
[07:29] | The recumbent? | 斜躺车吗 |
[07:29] | Yeah! How does it work? | 是啊 那是怎么骑的啊 |
[07:31] | Well, if you really want the total experience, | 如果你想充分体验一下 |
[07:35] | I can always pull out the tandem. | 我可以把双排座驾给放下来 |
[07:38] | The what now? | 什么来着 |
[07:44] | A semi-reclined position | 半斜躺的姿势 |
[07:47] | provides broader distribution of body weight, | 可以将身体重量更均匀地平摊开来 |
[07:49] | and allows some better blood flow to the anus and testicles. | 可以保证对肛门和睾丸有更充足的血液供应 |
[07:52] | Aw, heck yeah! Here’s the gang! | 你们好啊 大伙儿都在呢 |
[07:55] | Mimi, Connor, this is my wife Lindsay. | 米米 康纳 这是我妻子琳赛 |
[08:00] | Last one to Starbucks is an uprighter! | 最后一个到达星巴克的人要坐直了骑哦 |
[08:05] | We should let them win. | 我们该让他们赢 |
[08:06] | Connor’s life-coaching business just went under, | 康纳的生活指导生意刚刚败了 |
[08:09] | and Mimi has impetigo. | 米米患上了脓疱病 |
[08:11] | All right, here I come, Mimi. Look out. | 好了 我来了 米米 当心哦 |
[08:22] | Nice use of negative space. | 真是对负空间的绝佳利用 |
[08:25] | What are you doing here?! | 你跑到这儿来干什么 |
[08:26] | What are you doing here? | 你又到这儿来干什么 |
[08:28] | I just dropped you at the airport! | 我才刚把你送去机场呢 |
[08:30] | What? No, you didn’t. | 什么 你才没有呢 |
[08:32] | Yes, I did | 我明明就有啊 |
[08:32] | What?! What are you talking about? | 什么 你在胡说些什么呢 |
[08:35] | No, that was a dream you had. | 不 那明明是你做的一个梦 |
[08:38] | All right, fine. This is so dumb. | 好吧 演不下去了 这好蠢 |
[08:41] | So, I am waiting at the gate as they deplane the flight before mine, | 我当时在门边 等着头一班飞机上的人先下飞机 |
[08:46] | and all of a sudden, guess who gets off? | 突然间 猜猜谁下飞机了 |
[08:49] | My friggin’ parents! And I’m like, “What?! | 我父母 然后我心想 “搞毛啊 |
[08:53] | I thought you guys wanted me to come visit.” | 我还以为你们希望我飞过去呢” |
[08:56] | So dumb. Gretchen, you nerd. | 太蠢了 格雷琴 你个傻瓜 |
[09:00] | Stop | 打住 |
[09:02] | All right, I lied. | 好吧 我撒谎了 |
[09:03] | But Vanessa and Fred are such a bummer! | 但瓦妮莎和弗雷德是很烦的人 |
[09:05] | I didn’t want to subject you to their passive-aggressive shit. | 我不希望让你承受他们那消极反抗式的蹂躏 |
[09:08] | Right, so you packed and had me drop you off at the airport. | 好吧 所以你打了包 让我把你送去机场 |
[09:12] | Did I really pack? | 我真的打包了吗 |
[09:15] | I just put some damp laundry and toilet paper into a suitcase. | 我只是把些湿衣服和厕纸放进了旅行箱里 |
[09:18] | Open your eyes, Jimmy. | 眼睛睁大点吧 吉米 |
[09:19] | Right, well, I have to meet the people | 好吧 我必须见见 |
[09:20] | that created this nightmare of a person. | 创造出你这朵奇葩的奇男异女 |
[09:23] | Oh, I would, but we have to leave. | 我也想让你见 但我们真得走了 |
[09:25] | I’m taking them to the airport. | 我要送他们去机场 |
[09:26] | I thought you just picked them up. | 你不是才把他们接过来嘛 |
[09:27] | It turns out they can’t stay. | 结果发现他们不能久留 |
[09:29] | Dad is having emergency back surgery tomorrow at Johns Hopkins. | 我爸明天要在约翰·霍普金斯医院做个紧急背部手术 |
[09:33] | He is having his L7 fused, | 他的脊柱L7单节需要固定下 |
[09:35] | and they just had a cancellation. | 刚好有其他病人取消了 |
[09:37] | The procedure’s experimental, but Dr. Pablo’s the best, | 那个手术是实验性质的 但帕布罗医生是最棒的 |
[09:40] | and a slot just opened up. I am serious. | 刚好出现了一个空位 我是认真的 |
[09:43] | Well, I’m not leaving until you produce these monsters. | 你不把他们带出来 我是不会走的 |
[09:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:49] | You asked for it. | 是你自找的 |
[09:59] | You’re not art. | 你才不是艺术品呢 |
[10:00] | Jimmy? Vanessa and Fred. | 吉米 瓦妮莎和弗雷德 |
[10:04] | Jimmy, hi. | 吉米 你好 |
[10:05] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[10:06] | So sorry we have to run. | 很抱歉我们这么赶 |
[10:08] | I’m having a surgery, Jimmy. | 我要做手术了 吉米 |
[10:09] | Yes. Yes, Gretchen said. | 是啊 是啊 格雷琴说过了 |
[10:11] | Okay, good luck with that. | 好吧 祝你好运 |
[10:15] | So glad I got to meet you. | 很高兴能见到你们 |
[10:17] | So I’ll see you later? | 那我们晚些时候再见吧 |
[10:19] | Uh, nah, I have a work thing. | 不行 我还有工作要做 |
[10:20] | Call you tomorrow? | 明天给你打电话行吗 |
[10:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:35] | My dad’s having back surgery… | 我爸要做个背部手术 |
[10:39] | at Johns Hopkins. | 在约翰·霍普金斯医院 |
[10:42] | He’s having his L7 fused. | 他的脊柱L7单节需要固定下 |
[10:48] | Dr. Pablo’s the best. | 帕布罗医生是最棒的 |
[10:52] | Back surgery… | 背部手术 |
[10:52] | Johns Hopkins… Back surgery… | 约翰·霍普金斯医院 背部手术 |
[10:55] | Johns Hopkins… Back surgery… | 约翰·霍普金斯医院 背部手术 |
[10:56] | John Hopkins… Dr. Pablo… | 约翰·霍普金斯医院 帕布罗医生 |
[11:00] | Procedure’s experimental… experimental… experimental. | 那个手术是实验性质的 实验性质的 实验 |
[11:03] | 莱玛 实 验 艺 术 | |
[11:10] | They said that it’s, like, all tropical plants. | 他们说那里有各种热带植物 |
[11:13] | Who are you? | 你们到底是谁啊 |
[11:15] | Where’s Gretchen? | 格雷琴去哪儿了 |
[11:15] | Oh, look, hon. It’s the guy with the accent. | 瞧啊 是那个有口音的家伙 |
[11:17] | That lady said we were on a hidden camera show. | 那位小姐之前跟我们说我们在录偷拍节目 |
[11:19] | What channel will this be on? | 到时候会在哪个台播出啊 |
[11:21] | – Oh, I bet it’s nine. – Four? | -我觉得肯定是9频道 -4频道吗 |
[11:21] | No, four, right? | 不是 4频道 对吗 |
[11:22] | I bet you a week of dishes it’s channel nine. | 我跟你打赌是9频道 输了的洗一星期碗 |
[11:25] | – Nine?! Nine. Nine. – Nine. Four. Four. Four. | -9频道 9 9 -4频道 4 4 |
[11:33] | And as I like to say, once you pedal on your back, | 我时常说 一旦你享受了靠着踩单车 |
[11:37] | you never go back, | 你就再也不想回到过去 |
[11:38] | To pedaling normally. | 那种普通的踩踏板方式 |
[11:42] | This is really nice. | 感觉真的很不错 |
[11:44] | Well, there’s more where that came from. | 其实还有更精彩的呢 |
[11:47] | Were you serious about seeing what I do for fun? | 你之前说想看我爱玩什么 是真的吗 |
[11:52] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[11:54] | Well, hold on to your hat. | 抓紧了哦 |
[12:05] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[12:06] | we’ve reached an altitude of 75 feet. | 我们的飞行高度已经达到了75英尺 |
[12:09] | If you look out the right side of the plane, | 如果你从飞机的右侧往外看 |
[12:11] | you can see the San Gabriels. | 就能看到圣盖博山 |
[12:13] | Those on the left | 而坐在左边的乘客 |
[12:14] | can catch a glimpse of my beautiful wife Lindsay. | 可以看到我美丽的妻子琳赛 |
[12:19] | Paul, you know that sub-hundred elevation | 你知道100英尺以下的海拔 |
[12:21] | is for westbound traffic only. | 仅供西行飞机使用 |
[12:23] | Roger that. Sorry, Darren. | 收到 抱歉 达伦 |
[12:26] | Climbing. | 爬升 |
[12:28] | Did you know that four American presidents were home-brewers? | 你知道有4位美国总统都喜欢自酿酒吗 |
[12:35] | Can you guess? | 你能猜猜是谁吗 |
[12:38] | George Washington, | 乔治·华盛顿 |
[12:39] | Thomas Jefferson, | 汤玛斯·杰斐逊 |
[12:42] | James Madison, | 詹姆斯·麦迪逊 |
[12:44] | and…? | 以及呢 |
[12:48] | The answer is Barack Obama! | 答案是巴洛克·奥巴马 |
[12:54] | Lindsay? | 琳赛 |
[12:57] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[12:59] | Keep talking beer. | 你继续说啤酒吧 |
[13:06] | Jimmy, we need to talk. | 吉米 我们得谈谈了 |
[13:08] | Gretchen was so scared of me meeting her parents | 格雷琴极其害怕我见到她的父母 |
[13:11] | that she hired fake parents. | 以至于她竟然请了对假父母 |
[13:13] | Am I really Draco Malfoy? | 我真的是德拉科·马尔福吗 |
[13:15] | I just talked to the V.A., and… | 我刚跟老兵管理处的人谈过了 然后… |
[13:18] | Am I just some unpaid servant who lives here for free? | 我只是个免费住这里 不拿工资的男仆吗 |
[13:21] | That’s a concise way of putting it. | 你这么定义真是简洁明了 |
[13:22] | My caseworker says maybe you should be paying for my meds. | 接待我的那个人说 或许你该负担我的医药费 |
[13:26] | Right. Listen to me, my friend. | 听我说 朋友 |
[13:29] | You bought into a long con. | 你陷入了一个大骗局中 |
[13:30] | Society screwed you over, | 社会把你给操翻了 |
[13:33] | and we owe you for that. | 我们欠你的 |
[13:34] | I, personally, do not owe you, | 但我个人 并不欠你 |
[13:36] | but a sort of collective “we” does. | 但是集合性的”我们”确实欠你的 |
[13:38] | And you need your meds | 你需要吃药 |
[13:40] | so you can shake off some of the damage done | 那样你才能减轻 |
[13:42] | by Cheney’s fictional yellowcake uranium. | 因迪克·切尼假想的核武器造成的伤害 |
[13:45] | So, you turn around, | 所以你该转个身 |
[13:47] | you go back to the V.A., | 继续回到老兵管理处 |
[13:49] | and you demand your due! | 势必要求得到你应得的 |
[14:02] | 15:0 15, love. | |
[14:03] | Let’s go, sweetie. | 加油啊 亲爱的 |
[14:04] | Gretchen, your backhand has completely disintegrated. | 格雷琴 你的反手打法完全崩坏了 |
[14:07] | Sorry, mommy. | 抱歉 妈咪 |
[14:08] | Seven years of training with Andres for nothing. | 跟安德烈练了7年都白练了 |
[14:14] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[14:15] | You can do it, sweetie. | 你能行的 亲爱的 |
[14:16] | Sorry, mommy. | 抱歉 妈咪 |
[14:29] | Hello, darling. | 你好啊 亲爱的 |
[14:31] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[14:33] | Hello. I’m Jimmy Shive-Overly. | 你们好 我是吉米·希瓦-奥弗利 |
[14:36] | Gretchen’s boyfriend. | 格雷琴的男友 |
[14:38] | Oh, well, hello. I’m Fred. | 你好啊 我是弗雷德 |
[14:40] | Vanessa. Please join us. | 我是瓦妮莎 一起吃吧 |
[14:42] | In her typical way, Gretchen has told us nothing about you. | 格雷琴总是这样 完全没跟我们提过有男友了 |
[14:47] | Milk. | 牛奶 |
[14:49] | Gretchen– always ordering milk. | 格雷琴总是会点牛奶 |
[14:51] | Sometimes double milks. | 有时候会点双份牛奶 |
[14:52] | I actually sometimes wonder if maybe she drinks too much milk. | 我有时候都会觉得 她是否牛奶喝得过多 |
[14:58] | So, Jimmy, where are you from? | 吉米 你是哪里人啊 |
[15:01] | London. The fancy part. | 伦敦 上流社会 |
[15:04] | And what do you do? | 你是做什么工作的 |
[15:05] | He’s a novelist. | 他是个小说家 |
[15:06] | Published, very well-regarded. | 出版过作品 反响特别好 |
[15:09] | – Jimmy… – And, Gretchen, | -吉米 -格雷琴 |
[15:10] | you’re still doing that music thing? | 你还做那份跟音乐有关的工作吗 |
[15:12] | Who’s that skinny boy you represent? | 你代理的那个瘦瘦的男孩叫什么来着 |
[15:14] | Shitstain? | 屎斯坦吗 |
[15:15] | No! Josh Groban is who he meant. | 不是 他是说乔希·葛洛班 |
[15:19] | How did you two meet? | 你们是怎么认识的 |
[15:21] | At a fund-raiser. | 在一个筹款会上 |
[15:23] | It was… | 是跟… |
[15:25] | animal-related. | 动物有关的 |
[15:26] | Gretchen does so much charity work. | 格雷琴就喜欢参与慈善活动 |
[15:28] | Oh, she does love animals. | 她确实很喜欢动物 |
[15:30] | Tell your mom how you got your cat. | 跟你妈说说你是怎么得到那只猫的吧 |
[15:31] | Jimmy, it was so nice of you to stop by, | 吉米 你能过来一趟真的很好 |
[15:33] | but I know you have that meeting. | 但我知道你还得参加那个会议 |
[15:35] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你出去吧 |
[15:35] | What meeting? | 什么会议 |
[15:37] | Movie producers. From Hollywood. | 电影制片人 好莱坞来的 |
[15:40] | They are turning his book into a movie starring Zach Braff | 他们要把他的书改编成电影 主演是扎克·博拉夫 |
[15:45] | and that woman from the show you like. | 以及你喜欢的那部剧里的那个女星 |
[15:47] | – Scandal? – Yes, scandal. | -《丑闻》吗 -没错 《丑闻》 |
[15:49] | Jimmy, I bet that driver has been waiting outside for a while now. | 吉米 我相信那个司机一定在外等很久了 |
[15:53] | You should go. | 你该走了 |
[15:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:58] | Nice to meet you both. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[16:03] | Okay, none of this is true. | 好吧 刚刚所说的一切都是假的 |
[16:05] | I’m not from the fancy part of London, | 我并非来自伦敦的上流社会 |
[16:07] | – I’m from the bad part of Manchester. – Stop. | -我来自曼彻斯特的杂乱区 -打住 |
[16:09] | I am an author. | 我是个作家 |
[16:10] | Talented but wildly underappreciated. | 才华横溢 却不被赏识 |
[16:13] | I had to follow Gretchen here today, | 我今天不得不偷偷跟踪格雷琴过来 |
[16:15] | only to witness her mother bullying her during a tennis match. | 却听见她妈在打网球时对她无情地指责 |
[16:19] | You’re right about her backhand, | 你对她反手拍的批评是对的 |
[16:19] | by the way– it’s appalling. | 顺便说下 那太差劲了 |
[16:20] | You’re telling me how to speak to Gretchen? | 你是在教育我该怎么跟格雷琴说话吗 |
[16:23] | You’ve never spoken to the real Gretchen. | 你从未跟真正的格雷琴对话过 |
[16:25] | The real Gretchen runs publicity | 真正的格雷琴为城里 |
[16:26] | for some of the biggest rap acts in town. | 最大牌的说唱明星做公关 |
[16:29] | The real Gretchen doesn’t drink milk or take ballet classes. | 真正的格雷琴才不会喝牛奶或跳芭蕾 |
[16:33] | In fact, she just cancelled her gym membership | 实际上 她刚刚取消了健身房的会员卡 |
[16:35] | so she’d have money for cigarettes. | 那样她就能省下钱买香烟了 |
[16:36] | You smoke? | 你还抽烟 |
[16:37] | Sure, she hasn’t been to the dentist in years | 当然了 她已经好多年没去看过牙医了 |
[16:40] | and lives off 7-Eleven hot dogs, | 靠吃便利店的热狗维生 |
[16:42] | but she is brave and spontaneous. | 但她很勇敢 很随性 |
[16:45] | And that Gretchen is so paralyzed | 那个格雷琴非常害怕 |
[16:49] | with the fear of disappointing you | 让你们失望 |
[16:51] | that you don’t actually know her at all. | 其实你们根本不了解她 |
[16:53] | I feel sorry for you two. | 我为你们感到遗憾 |
[16:54] | You will never know the brilliant, | 你们永远无法了解你们的女儿 |
[16:57] | beautiful mess that is your daughter. | 超赞的 美丽而又混乱的一面 |
[17:12] | Daddy, I… | 爸爸 我… |
[17:15] | Just take us back to our hotel. | 送我们回宾馆吧 |
[17:18] | And… finish your milk. | 并且 把牛奶喝干净了 |
[17:37] | I really wish I could help, | 我也希望我能帮上忙 |
[17:39] | but funds are tight. | 但资金真的很紧张 |
[17:41] | Congress wants to pay for the war, | 议会愿意为战争拨款 |
[17:42] | not the casualties. | 却不愿承担伤者医疗费 |
[17:43] | I’m not asking for a medal or a parade, | 我这不是要你给我发勋章或搞个游行 |
[17:45] | just a good night’s sleep. | 只求一晚安睡而已 |
[17:50] | Uncle! I give in. | 山姆大叔 我屈服了 |
[17:52] | I will fill out your paperwork and find the money for your meds. | 我会帮你填申请资料 筹钱给你买药的 |
[17:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:57] | Where is it that you’re living? | 你现在住在哪儿来着 |
[17:58] | Uh, Silver Lake. | 银湖区 |
[17:59] | Silver Lake. | 银湖区 |
[18:02] | Hey, Jerry, bad news, | 嘿 杰瑞 坏消息 |
[18:04] | you’re gonna have to turn in your hook. | 你得把你的钩子交上来了 |
[18:06] | But-but I use it to pick things up. | 但我得用这个捡东西啊 |
[18:08] | No, man. Stuff’s gonna stay on the ground. | 不行 老兄 你只能任由东西掉地上了 |
[18:11] | This hipster’s having bad “Dweams.” | 这位嬉皮士可是每晚都做噩梦呢 |
[18:22] | I didn’t… | 我不是… |
[18:35] | Why would you do that?! | 你为什么要那样啊 |
[18:37] | My dad didn’t say another word to me in the car, | 我爸坐在车里一个字都不肯跟我说 |
[18:39] | and now they’re changing their flight so they leave tomorrow! | 他们现在更改了航班 打算明天就走 |
[18:41] | What is wrong with you?! | 你是怎么回事啊 |
[18:42] | Sorry, wouldn’t you rather have a fractured, | 不好意思 难道你不希望跟你父母之间 |
[18:44] | combative relationship with your parents that’s based on truth | 是建立在真相上的有嫌隙的 矛盾不断的关系 |
[18:48] | than this pleasant artificial relationship based on lies? | 而非建立在谎言上的 虚假美好的关系吗 |
[18:51] | No. | 不希望 |
[18:52] | Well, then you should’ve been more explicit about that. | 那你应该表现得更明确一点啊 |
[18:54] | They’re my family! | 他们是我的家人 |
[18:56] | I get to lie to them till I’m old and they’re dead, | 我可以骗到他们死去 到我老去 |
[18:59] | and you don’t get a vote! | 你无权做任何决定 |
[19:00] | I would never tell your dad to read your book. | 我就不会叫你爸去读你的书 |
[19:02] | Yeah, because he wouldn’t let you through the door | 是啊 因为他根本就不会让你进门的 |
[19:04] | ’cause you’re a redhead | 因为你是红头发 |
[19:05] | and he’s hated the Irish | 自从爱尔兰共和军 |
[19:06] | ever since the IRA blew up his favorite chip shop. | 炸了他最爱的薯条店 他就憎恶爱尔兰人 |
[19:08] | Look, I’m sorry. | 听着 我很抱歉 |
[19:10] | Forgive me for valuing honesty. | 原谅我太看重诚实 |
[19:12] | This is about you controlling | 实质是你喜欢操控别人 |
[19:13] | and bullying everybody to behave the way you think they should. | 迫使他们按照你觉得对的方式生活 |
[19:16] | I knew you were insensitive and manipulative, | 我早知道你没有同理心 爱控制人 |
[19:18] | but you’re mean, Jimmy. | 但你很刻薄 吉米 |
[19:20] | You’re a mean person. | 你是个刻薄的人 |
[19:21] | Well, at least I am a person! | 那至少我还是个人啊 |
[20:18] | I’m done. I’m tagging out. | 我退出了 我不想继续了 |
[20:20] | What? Of-of this argument? | 什么 不继续争吵了吗 |
[20:21] | No, Jimmy. Of this. | 不是 吉米 是这种关系 |
[20:24] | I told you I don’t do relationships, | 我早跟你说过 我是不谈恋爱的 |
[20:25] | and yet here we are in one. | 但我们却还是谈上了 |
[20:28] | I feel… | 我感觉… |
[20:29] | I feel like this train is speeding up, | 我感觉 感情的列车奔跑得太快了 |
[20:31] | and this may be my last chance to hop off | 现在或许是我最后跳下来的机会 |
[20:34] | before any serious injury. | 才不会导致车毁人亡 |
[20:35] | Speak English. | 说人话 |
[20:39] | Good-bye, Jimmy. | 再见了 吉米 |
[20:42] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[20:44] | You’re right, I’m not a person. | 你说得对 我不是个人 |
[20:56] | Those three stars are Orion’s Belt. | 那3颗星是猎户的腰带 |
[21:00] | See how he looks like a man with a club? | 瞧他多像一个挥舞着球棒的男人啊 |
[21:04] | G’day, Linds. | 你好啊 小琳 |
[21:06] | I’m Orion, the mighty hunter. | 我是奥赖恩 伟大的猎户 |
[21:15] | What was that for? | 你干嘛吻我啊 |
[21:16] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[21:17] | Just… you. | 就为 你 |
[21:21] | You weirdo. | 你个怪胎 |
[21:29] | I’m sorry. I have to go. | 对不起 我得走了 |
[21:31] | Gretchen needs me. | 格雷琴需要我 |
[21:33] | Thanks for the day. | 谢谢你陪我一天 |
[21:35] | Have fun with your stars. | 祝你跟你的星星相处愉快 |
[21:41] | They’re everyone’s stars. | 那是大家的星星啊 |
[21:58] | Where’s Gretchen? | 格雷琴呢 |
[21:59] | And why are you cooking? | 你怎么会在做饭 |
[22:03] | It’s over. | 我们结束了 |
[22:05] | Lasted longer than anyone would’ve guessed, huh? | 比大家预想的都要久 对吧 |
[22:08] | No. | 不是吧 |
[22:10] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[22:12] | Uh, can we not talk about it? | 我们能别谈这事吗 |
[22:13] | I-I need to just… | 我就是… |
[22:15] | just not. | 不想谈 |
[22:18] | You hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[22:20] | Yeah, I-I could eat. | 是啊 我可以吃些东西 |
[22:27] | No go on the pills, huh? | 药没戏了是吧 |
[22:29] | Nope. | 没戏 |
[22:31] | We’ll go down there tomorrow and sort it out. | 我们明天一起过去 想办法争取到 |
[22:32] | R-Really? | 真的吗 |
[22:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:39] | I have no idea how to cook. | 我根本不知道该怎么做饭 |
[22:41] | What have you been doing all this time? | 那你这是在干什么 |
[22:44] | Just, uh, stirring ketchup in a pan. | 就是在锅里搅番茄酱而已 |
[22:48] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[22:52] | that’s a good base. | 底打得不错 |
[22:56] | Pinch of salt, throw it in there. | 抓一点盐 扔进去 |
[22:58] | Pinch-pinch of salt. | 抓点盐 |
[22:59] | And then add a little bit of, uh, olive oil, | 然后加一点 橄榄油 |
[23:02] | two, three counts worth. | 倒过来 数两三下就够了 |
[23:04] | Now stir it in. | 然后开始搅拌 |
[23:04] | Stir it in nice and gently. | 轻轻地搅 搅匀了 |
[23:06] | And, uh, keep stirring, | 不断搅拌 |