时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[00:23] | Hey, buddy. | 嘿 伙计 |
[00:24] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[00:28] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[00:29] | About what? | 什么还好吗 |
[00:30] | God! Absolutely blotto last night. | 老天 昨儿晚上彻底喝高了 |
[00:35] | You… You don’t remember what I told you? | 你不记得我跟你说的事了吗 |
[00:37] | No. | 不记得 |
[00:38] | But tell me again. | 再说一遍吧 |
[00:41] | Okay, seriously, dude. | 说真的 老兄 |
[00:42] | I think you might have a drinking problem. | 我觉得你可能有酗酒问题 |
[00:44] | Like, you need to go to church basements and shit. | 你得去参加一下戒酒互助会什么的 |
[00:47] | Oh, my God. Okay, um… | 我的天 好吧 |
[00:52] | I am… so sorry, but, uh… | 我很遗憾 但是… |
[00:58] | Sweetheart, your dad died. | 亲爱的 你爸爸去世了 |
[01:03] | What? | 什么 |
[01:05] | Papa? | 爸爸 |
[01:06] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[01:07] | I know. Oh, God. I’m so sorry. | 我懂的 天啊 我很遗憾 |
[01:10] | I… I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[01:41] | Do you want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈这事吗 |
[01:47] | I was kidding. I totally remembered. | 我开玩笑的 我记得很清楚 |
[01:49] | Wait… what? | 等等 什么 |
[01:50] | You knew? | 你知道 |
[01:51] | Yeah. You told me last night. | 是啊 你昨晚就告诉我了 |
[01:53] | You’re not getting that one back. | 刚刚那次口交反悔不了了哦 |
[01:54] | I stole one, dummy. | 我偷了一次 小傻瓜 |
[01:56] | Jimmy! You do not need to steal blow jobs. | 吉米 你用不着偷口交 |
[01:59] | Yeah, but you know how amazing free food tastes. | 是啊 但免费的午餐就是那么美味 |
[02:03] | Seriously, are you okay? | 讲真 你还好吗 |
[02:05] | Your dad died. That’s a big deal. | 你爸爸去世了 那可是大事 |
[02:07] | Yes, I am absolutely fine. | 没事 我好得很 |
[02:09] | I feel… nothing about it. | 我对此毫无感觉 |
[02:12] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[02:14] | Great! | 太棒了 |
[02:17] | Thank God that’s over. | 谢天谢地这事终于结束了 |
[02:19] | Do you want to do, uh, one of those Korean gel masks? | 你想不想敷一张韩国的面膜 |
[02:22] | – Not really. – I got a snail one. | -不太想 -我这有张超级”黏稠”的 |
[02:25] | It’s supposed to be extra goopy. | 敷起来会特别”湿润”哦 |
[02:51] | I made my special heart pancakes, | 我做了特制心形煎饼 |
[02:55] | because we love you, Jimmy. | 因为我们爱你 吉米 |
[02:57] | – We really do. – What kind of jank-ass hearts are these? | -我们真的爱你 -这都是些什么破心形 |
[03:00] | That one looks like a butt. | 那个看上去像屁股 |
[03:01] | Sorry. It was… it was kind of a rough night. | 抱歉 我昨晚不太好过 |
[03:04] | Uh, but later this afternoon, | 但是今天下午晚些时候 |
[03:05] | I’m finally gonna | 我终于要和 |
[03:06] | have my consultation with the chief of staff at the VA. | 退伍军人事务处的主任会谈了 |
[03:08] | Yeah, chiefs’ll do that sometimes. | 是啊 主任时不时就会找人会谈 |
[03:10] | Can I get some sticky sauce for these pan-butts or what? | 能帮我拿点酱汁 蘸着屁股煎饼吃吗 |
[03:14] | Do you know, I actually just read something interesting about PTSD? | 我刚刚读了些关于创伤后应激障碍的有趣内容 |
[03:17] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah, it turns out in World War I, | -是吗 -是啊 我发现在一战的时候 |
[03:19] | the official term for “PTSD” Was “Cowardice,” | 创伤后应激障碍的官方解释就是”懦弱” |
[03:22] | – and you were shot for it. – That is interesting. | -你会因此被枪毙 -是挺有趣 |
[03:24] | How are you holding up, Jimmy? | 你还好吗 吉米 |
[03:26] | My guinea pig died. | 我的仓鼠死的时候 |
[03:28] | I couldn’t jack off for, like, half a day. | 我有整整半天 都没心情自插 |
[03:30] | I’m telling you guys– false alarm. | 我跟你们说 这是虚惊一场 |
[03:32] | He truly doesn’t give a shit. | 他根本就不在乎 |
[03:33] | Look, when a relationship | 听着 当一段关系 |
[03:35] | has been virtually non-existent for 33 years, | 实际上不存在已经有33年 |
[03:39] | we’re not talking about a major tectonic shift. | 发生这种事 并不会对你的生活造成重大改变 |
[03:41] | Nothing has changed. | 一切照旧 |
[03:43] | I still have exactly zero off-track bettors | 我的日常生活中依旧没有 |
[03:46] | with IBS in my daily life. | 患肠易激综合征的赌马狂 |
[03:48] | I almost wish I knew more dead people. | 我都有点希望我认识更多的死人了 |
[03:49] | I think funerals are hella sexy. | 我觉得葬礼太他妈性感了 |
[03:52] | All right, everybody out. I have work to do. | 行了 大家都走吧 我还要工作 |
[03:54] | Wait! | 等等 |
[03:56] | Jimmy’s dad died, and he doesn’t care. | 吉米的爸爸去世了 但他根本不在乎 |
[03:59] | – Yes? – I’m going to have a baby. | -所以呢 -我要生孩子了 |
[04:03] | What’s happening? Is Lindsay processing thought? | 这是怎么了 琳赛是在思考吗 |
[04:05] | – Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh, shh. – And when I’m old, | -别说话 -等我老了 |
[04:09] | my kid will have a feeling about me dying. | 我的孩子会对我的死有所感触 |
[04:13] | Oh, my God, she’s doing it. | 我的天 她真的在思考 |
[04:15] | I want my kids to be sad when I die. | 我希望我死时 我的孩子会为我悲伤 |
[04:17] | – Yes? – So I need to be a good… A good… | -所以呢 -所以我就得做一个好… |
[04:22] | – This is really happening. – A good… | -她真的要成功了 -一个好… |
[04:27] | dad. | 爸爸 |
[04:29] | It almost had it. | 差点就成功了 |
[04:31] | I should probably sign up for one of those stupid classes | 我应该去报一个贝卡一直念叨的 |
[04:33] | Becca’s always yammering about. | 那什么破班 |
[04:35] | Edgar? Edgar? | 埃德加 埃德加 |
[04:36] | Uh, yeah. What’s up? | 在 怎么了 |
[04:37] | Big writing day ahead of me. | 今天是重大的写作日 |
[04:39] | I need you to get all my usual writing snacks | 我需要你从英国特产店买来所有 |
[04:41] | from the British specialty store. | 我习惯在写作时吃的零食 |
[04:43] | Shrimp-flavored crisps, | 虾味薯片 |
[04:44] | Wallenger’s choco-knockers, tartar biscuits, | 瓦伦格牌巧克力甜甜圈 塔塔酱饼干 |
[04:46] | and then all your standard candies, | 以及所有常见的”糖” |
[04:48] | lemingtons, fluffingtons, rum Christophers, | 莱明顿蛋糕 弗拉芬顿饼 朗姆饼 |
[04:50] | salted licorice knib knobs. | 咸味甘草饼 |
[04:52] | I’m not mad, Felix. | 我没生气 菲利克斯 |
[04:53] | No, and when you constantly accuse me of being mad, | 不 你老是说我生气 |
[04:56] | you deny my right of actually being goddamn mad at you. | 否决了我真的对你生气的权利 |
[04:58] | No, I’m not “therapizing” you, all right? | 不 我不是在对你进行心理分析 好吗 |
[05:01] | Stop saying that. | 别再那样说了 |
[05:02] | Holy shit. | 我靠 |
[05:05] | I-I’ll call you later. | 我晚点再给你回电话 |
[05:06] | What’s up? Give me a cigarette. Who was that? | 还好吗 给我根烟 刚刚是谁啊 |
[05:08] | What that your shitty boyfriend with his cargo shorts? | 是你那个工装短裤的渣朋友吗 |
[05:10] | None of your business. | 跟你没关系 |
[05:15] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[05:16] | So, I told Jimmy his dad died, like you told me to, | 按你的要求 我告诉吉米他爸死了 |
[05:20] | and he said that he feels nothing, and then he stole a beej, | 结果他说他没有感觉 还骗我给他口交 |
[05:23] | which is a pretty good heckle, actually. | 不过这黑招倒是挺损挺有创意的 |
[05:25] | – Is there a question? – Nope. | -有问题吗 -没有 |
[05:27] | I just wanted you to know that you were wrong. | 我只是想告诉你 你错了 |
[05:31] | You were wrong. | 你错了 |
[05:33] | Jimmy can say he’s fine all he wants, | 吉米当然可以说他没事 |
[05:36] | but sooner or later, his dad’s death is gonna hit him, | 不过他迟早会为他爸爸的死伤心的 |
[05:38] | and when it does, you’re gonna have to be there for him. | 当他伤心的时候 你必须在他身边陪着他 |
[05:41] | When? We’re going on a rad cruise. | 什么时候 我们要去极致巡游了 |
[05:45] | Are you saying this could come out on the rad cruise? | 你是说那种情况可能在极致巡游途中发生吗 |
[05:48] | Sure. Yes, it could happen on the rad cruise. | 当然 对 可能会在极致巡游途中发生 |
[05:51] | What’s the rad cruise? | 极致巡游是什么 |
[05:52] | No, I don’t want to know. I mean, I do want to… | 不 我不想知道 我是说我想… |
[05:55] | Never mind. So you’re telling me | 算了 所以你是说 |
[05:58] | I need to help him get it all out now, | 我必须帮他现在就宣泄出来 |
[06:01] | just pop it like a pimple. | 就像挤痘痘一样 |
[06:03] | No, that is not how humans work. | 不 人的情绪不是那回事 |
[06:04] | Yeah, I get it. | 没错 我明白了 |
[06:05] | Get him cry. | 让他哭出来 |
[06:06] | Hoo-hoo, there, there, we’ll be done by Wheel. | 然后安慰他”没事没事” 到轮子播出时就没事了 |
[06:10] | Of Fortune. Seven years in school? Really? | 《幸运之轮》节目啊 上学七年 不是吧你 |
[06:13] | Gretchen, Jimmy has got to go through his grieving process. | 格雷琴 吉米必须经历一个悲伤的过程 |
[06:16] | All right? | 明白吗 |
[06:18] | It’s not gonna happen on your exact schedule. | 不会按你的时间安排发生的 |
[06:20] | I think I’m gonna do it my way. | 我要用我的方式来处理 |
[06:22] | Thanks for nothing. | 谢谢你没帮上任何忙 |
[06:25] | Your boyfriend… sucks. | 你男朋友 逊毙了 |
[06:28] | Sucks. | 逊毙了 |
[06:32] | Simon’s sisters and Kitty sprawled on the carpet, | 萨蒙的姐妹们和凯蒂懒散地趴在地毯上 |
[06:35] | watching Top of the Pops, their bums in the air. | 看着《流行前线》 屁股翘得高高的 |
[06:38] | From his perch on the coach, Simon noted | 萨蒙坐在沙发上 他注意到 |
[06:41] | that while Cynthia and Patsy had gotten quite porcine, | 辛西娅和帕西变得像猪一样臃肿 |
[06:44] | Kitty’s bottom had an almost otherworldly lift, | 凯蒂的屁股高高翘起 |
[06:48] | as if in the process of being raptured | 仿佛因为太完美了 |
[06:51] | for being too perfect to dwell any longer on Earth. | 而不适合继续留在这地球上 |
[06:57] | Goddamn it! | 该死的 |
[06:59] | What’s wrong with me? | 我这是怎么了 |
[07:00] | It’s been hours, | 都好几个小时了 |
[07:02] | and I still haven’t perfected the bum metaphor. | 我还没润色好这个屁股的暗喻 |
[07:05] | – My fingers hurt. – My dad died. | -我的手指好疼 -我爸爸死了 |
[07:07] | At least you know where he is. | 至少你知道他在哪里 |
[07:08] | Edgar, I need sustenance. Where are my snacks? | 埃德加 我需要食物 我的零食在哪里 |
[07:10] | Uh, sorry, Jimmy. There was some police activity near the store. | 抱歉 吉米 商店附近有什么警务活动 |
[07:13] | That’s my last food! | 那是我最后一点儿吃的了 |
[07:14] | I’ve been thinking about it all day, | 我已经考虑一整天了 |
[07:16] | and you really need to cry, Jimmy. | 你真的得哭出来 吉米 |
[07:18] | – My therapist says it’s very… – Gretchen, | -我的理疗师说这样非常… -格雷琴 |
[07:19] | the sheer breadth of my labyrinthian abstruse psychological composition | 我的心理情况非常复杂 如同一座迷宫 |
[07:24] | cannot possibly be second-handedly grasped | 是不可能被一个长滩社区大学 |
[07:27] | by some Long Beach Community College graduate | 毕业的心理医生所理解的 |
[07:30] | who deals with the… tragically maladroit all day. | 她整天不过是跟一堆可悲的蠢货打交道 |
[07:34] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[07:34] | None taken, because I do not know that word. | 没事 因为我完全听不懂那个词 |
[07:37] | Just give me the afternoon. | 把下午的时间腾出来给我 |
[07:38] | We’ll do some super-sad shit, | 我们好好地伤心一下 |
[07:40] | you’ll poop out some tears and we’ll be home by Wheel. | 你大哭一场 然后我们到轮子播出时就回家了 |
[07:43] | …of Fortune. | 《幸运之轮》 |
[07:50] | It won’t work. I feel nothing! | 没用的 我真的没感觉 |
[07:53] | But fine. Let’s go. | 但是好吧 我们走吧 |
[07:54] | Work day’s already a disaster. | 反正工作已经很不顺利了 |
[07:56] | I don’t know why I’m suddenly blocked. | 不知道为什么我突然灵感全无了 |
[07:58] | I’m rewriting the same paragraph over and over. | 我在一遍又一遍地重写同一段落 |
[08:02] | Killswitch, while I’m out, | 卡仔 我出去的时候 |
[08:04] | copy edit the chapter where Simon watches Kitty bathe | 复制编辑下萨蒙在迷幻舞曲音乐会之后 |
[08:06] | after the trip-hop concert. | 看凯蒂洗澡的那一章 |
[08:08] | Oh, and for the love of God, | 对了 苍天大老爷啊 |
[08:09] | finally learn how to spell “Anilingus,” will you?! | 你他妈赶快学会拼写”舔肛”这个词行不行 |
[08:14] | You never say “Thank you.” | 你从不说”谢谢” |
[08:16] | That’s what the money’s for! | 给钱就是为了不用说谢谢 |
[08:33] | I’m so glad we’re gonna learn how to be a family. | 我很高兴我们要学习怎么成为一家人了 |
[08:35] | Family. | 家人 |
[08:36] | But we’re already a family. | 但我们已经是一家人了啊 |
[08:38] | You can’t just have two people in a family, Paul. | 一个家庭里不能只有两个人 保罗 |
[08:41] | Name one family that’s two people. | 你说有哪个家是两个人的 |
[08:44] | Gilmore Girls. | 《吉尔莫女孩》 |
[08:45] | We have to learn how to be good parents, | 我们要学习怎么当好父母 |
[08:48] | so that when we’re old, they’ll take good care of us. | 这样我们老的时候 他们才会好好照顾我们 |
[08:51] | Plus, you’re so accident-prone. | 而且 你这么容易出意外 |
[08:53] | You turned into my knife, | 你一不小心撞到我的刀上 |
[08:55] | and it’s taken, like, forever | 结果经过好长好长时间 |
[08:56] | for your skin to grow back together. | 你的皮肤才重新长到一起 |
[08:58] | You mean heal? | 你是说痊愈吗 |
[08:59] | Dogs heel, Paul. | 狗才跟着跑[同音] 保罗 |
[09:01] | Men get strong. | 人越挨刀越坚强 |
[09:04] | – Nerds! – Oh, my God. | -呆子们 -我的天 |
[09:07] | I still can’t believe you’re keeping it. | 我仍然不敢相信你们要把那玩意生下来 |
[09:09] | Oh, Rebecca, you josher. | 瑞贝卡 你真会开玩笑 |
[09:13] | Such a bummer about the timing though. | 不过你们这时机真不好 |
[09:15] | By the time it comes flopping out, | 等你把那玩意儿挤出来的时候 |
[09:17] | our entire family’s gonna be so babied out, | 我们全家人都已经为我的宝宝激动过了 |
[09:19] | your poor little lump’s not gonna get any attention. | 谁也不会在意你肚子里掉出来的那块肉的 |
[09:22] | You’re just mad I didn’t get all fat like you. | 你只是气我没像你一样发福 |
[09:25] | You’re barely pregnant. | 你才怀孕没多久 |
[09:27] | Yo, dingus, help me gaffle some of these brews. | 喂 阿呆 帮我偷点啤酒 |
[09:30] | Becca’s being a cooze and doesn’t want me to drink | 贝卡又抽疯 不想让我喝酒 |
[09:32] | so I actually pay attention. | 好让我保持专注 |
[09:34] | Anyway, pretend like you got to go drop a dook, | 总之 你装出一副想拉屎的样子 |
[09:37] | grab, like, four of them dummies, | 拿上四瓶啤酒 |
[09:39] | leave ’em in the toilet tank for me, | 帮我藏在马桶水箱里 |
[09:40] | Godfather-style. | 就像《教父》里那样 |
[09:42] | Nothing gets this pimp through a dumb baby class like toilet beer. | 唯有马桶里的啤酒能让本爷熬过傻逼育婴课 |
[09:46] | Hello, mommies and daddies. | 准妈妈准爸爸们好 |
[09:48] | So, last week we covered birth plans | 上周我们讲到了生产计划 |
[09:50] | and how pretty much everyone poops during labor. | 以及几乎所有人都会在生产时大便失禁 |
[09:53] | So today we’re gonna practice | 今天我们要练习一些 |
[09:54] | some real-life skills. | 实际生活中会用到的技能 |
[09:56] | Everybody come and grab a baby doll. Come on. | 每个人都过来抱一个婴儿娃娃 来吧 |
[10:08] | Emotions are dangerous, Gretchen. | 情绪是很危险的 格雷琴 |
[10:10] | Think about it, the most emotional movie characters always die. | 想想看 最情绪化的电影角色总会死掉 |
[10:14] | Kane from Citizen Kane. | 《公民凯恩》里的凯恩 |
[10:16] | The wife from Up. | 《飞屋环游记》里那老头的妻子 |
[10:17] | Table-dancing destitute | 《泰坦尼克号》里 |
[10:19] | on the bottom deck of the Titanic. | 在底层船舱的桌子上跳舞的穷人们 |
[10:21] | And the ones who survive in movies: | 而在电影中幸存下来的那些角色 |
[10:23] | RoboCop, Terminator, | 机械战警 终结者 |
[10:26] | – Chappie. – Those are all robots. | -超能查派 -那些都是机器人 |
[10:28] | Yeah, exactly. No emotions. | 没错 一点情感都没有 |
[10:30] | Just cold circuitry and a thirst for revenge. | 只有冰冷的电路系统和对复仇的渴求 |
[10:33] | I don’t really know why you guys insist on sitting in the backseat. | 我真搞不懂你们为什么坚持坐在后座上 |
[10:36] | I’m not an Uber. | 我又不是优步司机 |
[10:38] | Yeah, damn right you’re not. | 没错 你还真他妈不是 |
[10:39] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[10:41] | His rating. | 他的服务评价 |
[10:44] | One star. | 一颗星 |
[10:49] | Oh, almost forgot. Give us your car booze. | 我差点忘了 把你车里的藏酒给我 |
[10:51] | Guys, I really have to get to my VA appointment. | 二位 我真的得赶去退伍军人事务处了 |
[10:55] | Fine. But when you’re done with your stupid thing, | 好吧 但等你这些蠢事办完后 |
[10:58] | you’re giving us a ride home. | 你得来载我们回家 |
[11:05] | Come on. A little wah-wah, | 快点 随便哭一哭 |
[11:07] | death is sad, and then you’re done. | 死亡真悲伤 然后就完事了 |
[11:09] | Pretend one of these is your dad’s grave. | 假装这里有一座坟是你爸的 |
[11:11] | The problem is death doesn’t bother me. | 问题是 死亡困扰不到我 |
[11:13] | I’m not upset by the inevitable. | 我不会为无法避免的事难过 |
[11:16] | It’s like being upset by the weather | 那就像为天气而难过 |
[11:18] | or by an Irishman proving untrustworthy. | 或是为爱尔兰人不值得信任而难过 |
[11:21] | Look. | 快看 |
[11:22] | Real live dead person. | “活生生的”死人 |
[11:24] | Come on. Maybe it’ll stir something up. | 快来 没准能撩起点情绪来 |
[11:26] | …with so many questions and so few answers. | 疑问那么多 却少有答案 |
[11:31] | Hi. Sorry. | 你好 抱歉 |
[11:32] | But it would be a mistake to think of today as a sad day. | 但若将今天看做悲伤的一天是不对的 |
[11:34] | Charlotte, if you would please step forward. | 夏洛特 麻烦你上前来 |
[11:41] | Our Father, who art in heaven… | 我们在天上的父 |
[11:42] | Jimmy, am I… Jimmy, am I crazy | 吉米 吉米 是我疯了 |
[11:45] | or is this funeral hella sexy? | 还是这场葬礼性感到爆 |
[11:49] | I don’t know where that fetish came from, | 我不知道你这癖好是哪来的 |
[11:51] | but it is absolutely… | 但那绝对… |
[11:58] | Oh, my God, you’re right. | 我的天 你说的还真对 |
[12:00] | It’s like the funeral from November Rain. | 就像《十一月的雨》里的那场葬礼 |
[12:08] | Wait! Make sure to pull out. I can’t get pregnant. | 等等 务必记得拔出来 我不能怀孕 |
[12:11] | Your dad might be floating around right now, | 你爸的亡灵说不定正在周围游荡 |
[12:13] | looking for a body to reincarnate. | 寻找能投胎转世的肉身 |
[12:16] | Good call. | 你真明智 |
[12:31] | Too hard. | 太用力了 |
[13:25] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[13:29] | It’s not real! | 又不是真的 |
[13:31] | It’s not a real baby! | 那又不是真的宝宝 |
[13:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:34] | Okay, we got a little distracted at that last place. | 好吧 我们在上一站有点分心了 |
[13:37] | But this is it: living fathers with their kids. | 但就是这没跑了 活生生的父亲带娃 |
[13:41] | That is some straight-up “Cat’s in the Cradle” shit right there. | 绝对像《摇篮里的猫》那首破歌一样催泪 |
[13:44] | Plus, look at my dope maze. | 另外 看看我画的炫酷迷宫 |
[13:46] | Usually, I’m a master of all art forms — | 通常来讲 我是所有艺术形式的大师 |
[13:49] | writing, music, quips, | 写作 音乐 警句 |
[13:51] | mixed media collage — | 多材质拼贴画 |
[13:53] | but, for some reason, I am creatively blocked. | 但出于某种原因 我的灵感枯竭了 |
[13:56] | A sun wearing sunglasses. | 一个戴太阳镜的太阳 |
[14:01] | Doesn’t even make sense. | 根本说不通啊 |
[14:02] | He’s too bright for his own eyes? | 难道他觉得自己的光芒太耀眼了吗 |
[14:04] | It’s because you need to cry it out. | 那是因为你需要哭一场发泄出来 |
[14:07] | Maybe you’re right. | 或许你说得对 |
[14:09] | Jesus Christ. | 老天爷啊 |
[14:10] | I don’t even know what to do with you anymore! | 我实在不知道该拿你怎么办了 |
[14:16] | And… jackpot. | 中奖了 |
[14:17] | Go. Follow him. | 去 跟上他 |
[14:19] | Maybe he’ll rage-kick a garbage can, | 也许他会愤然踢一下垃圾桶 |
[14:20] | remind you of your dad. Go. | 让你想到你爸爸 去吧 |
[14:22] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:24] | I will give it a go. | 我会试试看的 |
[14:30] | What you workin’ on, buddy? | 你在干什么呢 伙计 |
[14:37] | Parenting, right? | 为人父母真难 是吧 |
[14:39] | I don’t know what to do, man. | 我都不知道该怎么办了 |
[14:42] | It’s hard to communicate with them, yeah? | 和他们交流很难 对吧 |
[14:44] | Like you don’t even recognize yourself in them. | 就像你从他们身上完全都认不出自己了 |
[14:46] | I don’t. | 我是认不出来 |
[14:48] | You’re frustrated | 你一定很泄气 |
[14:49] | because he’s a little clumsy, | 因为他有点笨 |
[14:51] | a little too artsy-fartsy, | 有点太附庸风雅 |
[14:53] | because he broke a blood vessel in his eye crying at My Girl. | 因为他看《我的女孩》哭爆了眼睛里的血管 |
[14:57] | What? No. | 什么 才不是 |
[14:59] | He’s legitimately a bad person. | 他真的是个坏人 |
[15:01] | Like, my son is an awful human being. | 我儿子是个可怕的人 |
[15:04] | – What? – He set up a bunch of Facebook accounts to cyberbully me. | -什么 -他注册了一堆脸书账号对我发动网络暴力 |
[15:07] | Hey, this bitch is bothering me. | 喂 这个小婊子一直在烦我 |
[15:10] | You trying to hit on my dad, twink? | 你是想勾引我爸吗 小基佬 |
[15:12] | Jimmy, turns out this kid sucks. | 吉米 原来这小孩烂透了 |
[15:14] | You suck! What kind of adults go | 你们才烂透了 什么样的大人会来 |
[15:16] | to a paint-your-own-pottery place anyway? | 自绘陶器店这种地方啊 |
[15:18] | Nasty-ass pedophiles. | 臭不要脸的恋童癖 |
[15:21] | Oh, shit! | 靠 |
[15:24] | – Don’t go… – Shut up, Greg. | -别走 -闭嘴 格雷格 |
[15:26] | I wish you would call me Dad. | 我希望你叫我爸爸 |
[15:27] | Well, I wish you’d suck my dick. | 我还希望你给我舔鸡巴呢 |
[15:32] | Oh, hey, emotion check. | 看看有没有情绪 |
[15:35] | Actually, I think I felt something that time. | 其实 我想刚刚我感受到了什么 |
[15:38] | Really?! Jimmy! | 真的吗 吉米 |
[15:40] | We’re thawing your cold, dead heart. | 我们在融化你冰冷的已死的心 |
[15:42] | Hurry up! We got one more stop on the sadness tour. | 快点 我们的悲伤旅途还有一站 |
[15:45] | Okay. Let me call an Edgar. | 好吧 让我打给埃德加 |
[15:50] | We’re ready to go. | 我们准备走了 |
[15:51] | And I sincerely hope you’ve got our car booze. | 而且我真心希望你准备好了在车上喝的酒 |
[15:54] | Sorry, Jimmy, I can’t come. My car broke down. | 抱歉吉米 我来不了了 我的车坏了 |
[15:57] | Oh, well, that’s not a surprise. | 真是一点也不意外 |
[15:58] | Piece of shit with no auxiliary plug or car booze! | 那破烂玩意儿没有辅助启动装置也没有酒 |
[16:21] | Great job. Here’s a Sophie giraffe | 做得很好 长颈鹿苏菲送给你 |
[16:24] | for winning the skills section. | 恭喜你在技能比拼环节获胜 |
[16:28] | Oh. No, that’s… | 不 那是… |
[16:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:32] | I won a prize. | 我得奖了 |
[16:34] | You’re such a natural mommy. | 你真是天生的好妈妈 |
[16:35] | One of the dads just told me the neatest thing: | 有位爸爸刚告诉我件很棒的事 |
[16:38] | babies are programmed | 宝宝们出生的时候 |
[16:39] | to look like the father when they’re born. | 一定会长得很像父亲 |
[16:41] | Won’t that be so adorable? | 那多可爱啊 不是吗 |
[16:43] | A tiny little me suckling at your bosom? | 一个小小的我吸着你的奶子 |
[16:50] | Linds… | 琳子 |
[16:53] | that was actually quite… impressive. | 你刚刚真的非常厉害 |
[16:56] | I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but I think… | 我真不敢相信我会说这话 但我觉得 |
[17:00] | you were born to be a mom. | 你真是天生的好妈妈 |
[17:02] | Thanks, Bec. | 谢谢 贝卡 |
[17:05] | There’s something’s wrong with my big ol’ honkers! | 我的大奶子出问题了 |
[17:07] | Ah! No leche! | 哇 没有奶了 |
[17:10] | – Glug, glug, glug, glug, glug. – Oh. This poor dear. | -咕嘟咕嘟咕嘟咕嘟 -我可怜的宝贝 |
[17:13] | He is so delirious from working so many double shifts. | 他总是连上两个班 都累得精神错乱了 |
[17:16] | Paul, will you drive us home? | 保罗 你能开车送我们回家吗 |
[17:17] | Of course. See you at home, Mama? | 当然了 家里见咯 妈妈 |
[17:20] | Sure, Pap… | 好啊爸… |
[17:21] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[17:24] | Um, hi, what is this? | 你好 这是什么 |
[17:27] | What do I look like, some baby lady? | 难道我看上去像个育婴妇女吗 |
[17:29] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:30] | M-My wife, she’s stuck at work– shocker. | 我妻子工作太忙了没能来 真是一点都不震惊 |
[17:33] | She gave me this shopping list, and, | 她给了我这份购物清单 |
[17:35] | man, I have no idea what I’m doing. | 但我对这种事根本毫无头绪 |
[17:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:42] | Looks like you’re gonna need a Miracle Blanket, a Woombie, | 看上去你需要一块打包毯 一块包巾 |
[17:44] | a Boppy– really great neck support– | 一个枕头 真是很棒的颈部支撑 |
[17:47] | and, of course, Zipadee-Zip. | 当然了 婴儿专用睡衣袋 |
[17:49] | It’ll be quicker if I just do it. | 不如我直接帮你找比较快 |
[17:52] | Thank you so much. I appreciate it. | 非常感谢你 我很感激 |
[17:55] | Well, Gretchen, you did it. | 格雷琴 你做到了 |
[17:56] | I can’t think of a place more gloomy, more soul-crushing, | 我再也想不出比这更阴郁 更让人心碎 |
[18:00] | more quintessentially England. | 更英伦范的地方了 |
[18:03] | Yeah, I thought you might want a wee English breakfast. | 没错 我想你可能想来点英式早餐 |
[18:07] | – Excuse me? – Don’t be a berk. | -什么 -别犯傻了 |
[18:09] | You know what I’m talkin’ about, Shitty Jimmy. | 你知道我在说什么 屎吉米 |
[18:12] | – Are you being Ronny? – Today’s been all abstract. | -你是在模仿罗尼吗 -今天一整天都那么抽象 |
[18:15] | It’s time to personalize it. | 是时候人物化了 |
[18:16] | I even boned up on some British slang online. | 我还在网上专门钻研了些英国俚语 |
[18:19] | Blarmy! Knob jockeys getting married?! | 狗日的 同性恋都可以结婚了吗 |
[18:22] | Next thing you know, some ringburner’s | 接下来 有人都要操狗 |
[18:24] | gonna want to shag and marry his dachshund! | 并且和狗狗领证结婚了吧 |
[18:27] | Almost felt something again. Get more personal. | 好像又感受到什么了 更加私人化一点 |
[18:30] | Uh, talk about my ceramic pony collection | 说说我的陶瓷马藏品 |
[18:32] | or the time Fiona caught me kissing a magazine cover of Boy George | 或者菲奥娜发现我亲博伊·乔治杂志封面那事 |
[18:35] | because I thought he was a girl. | 因为我以为他是个女孩 |
[18:36] | Look at ‘at pasty skin. | 瞧瞧你这苍白的皮肤 |
[18:39] | Them soft girl hands. | 女孩般柔软的手 |
[18:42] | The poofy scrote | 你这该死的废物 |
[18:43] | never worked an honest day in his whole miserable, sodding life. | 一辈子都没工作过 过着可悲的一生 |
[18:48] | Now, you listen to me, you fat, grey void. | 给我听好了 你个肥胖的老混蛋 |
[18:51] | Writing is hard! It is actual work. | 写作是很难的 也是份实实在在的工作 |
[18:54] | It’s a noble, nay, spiritual endeavor | 那是份高尚的 精神的付出 |
[18:57] | that taxes both the brain… Oh, my God. | 不仅需要脑力的…天啊 |
[19:01] | This wretched idea of yours might actually be working. | 你这个烂主意可能还真起作用了 |
[19:03] | – The feeling? It’s back. – Yeah, it’s coming. | -找回那些感觉了吗 -是的 汹涌而出 |
[19:06] | Oh, my God. Here it comes. | 天啊 真的来了 |
[19:16] | That was the feeling? A fart? | 这就是那种感觉吗 一个屁 |
[19:19] | Apparently. Well, I told you, | 显然嘛 我跟你说了的 |
[19:21] | I’m very evolved. | 我进化得很高级了 |
[19:23] | Stupid therapist. | 傻逼心理医生 |
[19:25] | I’m warning you, this better be it. | 我警告你 这事最好到此为止 |
[19:27] | If you lose your shit on the cruise | 如果你在巡游途中崩溃了 |
[19:28] | and ruin my time with Cotton Candy Raccoon, | 毁了我跟棉花糖浣熊 泡泡壁虎 |
[19:30] | Bubble Gecko, or Sneezy Panda, | 喷嚏熊猫相处的美好时光 |
[19:32] | I… Well, she died in a plane crash. But never mind. | 我…它死于飞机坠毁中了 算了 |
[19:39] | How do you even mess up toast? | 你怎么把吐司也搞得这么难吃 |
[19:45] | Thanks so much for helping. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[19:48] | Jesus, I’m already this overwhelmed. | 天啊 我已经觉得有点扛不住了 |
[19:51] | I don’t even have a baby yet. | 我的孩子都还没出生呢 |
[19:52] | How are you this good at it already? | 你怎么会已经这么擅长这些事了 |
[19:55] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[19:57] | So now what? I’m just stuck doing this baby shit | 现在要怎么样 我后半辈子都要 |
[20:00] | for the rest of my life? | 围绕着孩子转了吗 |
[20:02] | What if there are other things I’m meant to be | 如果我的人生注定还有其他的成就 |
[20:04] | and I never find out? | 但我却一直不知道呢 |
[20:06] | Like a phlebologist or a dinosaur? | 比如静脉血医师或是恐龙 |
[20:10] | Once my ex and I split, | 有次我和我前女友分手了 |
[20:13] | I figured that was it. | 我心想 一切到此为止了 |
[20:16] | I was never gonna be a dad. | 我永远都不会成为一个父亲了 |
[20:18] | Then I meet this cute Asian chick | 然后我在库布里克大师作品展上 |
[20:20] | at the Kubrick exhibit at LACMA | 遇到一个可爱的亚洲女孩 |
[20:22] | and suddenly she’s knocked up | 突然 她就怀孕了 |
[20:25] | and I get this second chance at 42. | 我在42岁高龄获得了第二次机会 |
[20:29] | So you believe in second chances? | 所以你相信第二次机会吗 |
[20:32] | I didn’t. | 我本来不信 |
[20:34] | But I guess I do now. | 但我现在信了 |
[20:44] | Oh, Jesus. What the hell are you doing? Are you insane? | 天啊 你在干什么 你疯了吗 |
[20:47] | I just told you, I’m on my second chance! | 我才刚跟你说 我这是在把握第二次机会 |
[20:51] | – I just thought… – Oh, my God! What is wrong with you?! | -我以为… -天啊 你是有什么毛病 |
[20:54] | Why would you even do that? I talked to your husband! | 你为什么要那么做 我还跟你丈夫说过话呢 |
[20:57] | He was so nice. | 他人那么好 |
[20:58] | – We’re going kayaking together sometime! – Fine. | -我们还约好了一起划皮艇呢 -好吧 |
[20:59] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[21:00] | This isn’t a singles bar where you just pick up guys! | 这又不是单身酒吧 让你可以钓汉子 |
[21:02] | – You’re having a baby, you weirdo! – Shut up, | -你都要生孩子了 你个怪胎 -闭嘴 |
[21:06] | shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[21:08] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[21:09] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[21:26] | I got your snacks. | 我买了你要的零食 |
[21:31] | It’s too late. | 已经太迟了 |
[21:32] | I’ve already lost an entire day’s writing. | 我已经一整天都没写作了 |
[21:35] | Sorry, literature. | 对不起了 文学 |
[21:39] | Mmm, rum Christophers; they’re so disgusting, | 朗姆饼 好恶心啊 |
[21:42] | I can’t stop eating them. | 但我吃得根本停不下来 |
[21:48] | How was your thing today? | 你今天那事怎么样了 |
[21:50] | Fine. | 挺好的 |
[21:52] | Do you want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[21:54] | No. | 不想 |
[21:54] | Yes! Two for two. | 好棒 两个问题人士都搞定 |
[22:28] | Well, Dad, here we are. | 爸爸 终于到了 |
[22:31] | The final test. | 最后的考验 |
[22:59] | That’s it. | 就该这样才对 |
[23:01] | Get it out. | 都发泄出来 |
[23:03] | Let all the sadness out. | 把悲伤都发泄出来 |
[23:07] | I thought you were crying! | 我以为你在哭呢 |
[23:08] | No. It’s amazing. | 没有 真的太爽了 |
[23:10] | I was smelling the jacket that Dad left | 我拿出了我爸留下的那件外套 |
[23:13] | and it smelled exactly like him. | 上面完全是他身上的气味 |
[23:14] | Just cigarettes, ale, beans, occupational failure. | 香烟味 麦芽酒味 大豆味 职业失败的味道 |
[23:18] | And in a rush, that feeling that we’d been searching for all day | 突然间 我们寻找了一整天的那种感觉 |
[23:22] | just came flying out. And, Gretchen, | 就那么喷薄而出 格雷琴 |
[23:23] | it wasn’t sadness. | 那可不是悲伤 |
[23:26] | It was happiness. | 而是幸福 |
[23:28] | I’m free. | 我自由了 |
[23:30] | I am finally free! | 我终于自由了 |
[23:32] | And I’m finally unstuck creatively. | 我的创意桎梏终于解除了 |
[23:35] | I found, all right, the perfect metaphor | 我终于想出了 对凯蒂的 |
[23:37] | for the heft of Kitty’s adolescent bottom. | 少女屁股的完美比喻 |
[23:40] | I’ll tell you later. It’s-it’s too sexy. | 我稍后再跟你说 真是太性感了 |
[23:44] | Do you want to go, uh, binge-watch | 你想去 连看 |
[23:46] | that six-part series on the Susan Smith case? | 关于苏珊·史密斯案的那部六集迷你剧吗 |
[23:47] | Yeah. Just a sec. | 好啊 稍等下 |
[23:48] | Now that my parental nightmare is finally over, | 现在我的父母噩梦总算结束了 |
[23:50] | I’m gonna get rid of everything that smacks of Ronny Overly. | 我要处理掉有关罗尼·奥弗利的一切 |
[23:55] | May he rest in relative peace | 愿他获得 |
[23:57] | for someone of his arterial calcification. | 对一个动脉石灰化患者而言相对的安宁 |