时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | A voyage around the moon must be made in two phases. | 绕月必须分两步进行 |
[00:10] | 沃纳·冯布朗 1955年 | |
[00:12] | A rocket ship taking off from the Earth’s surface | 火箭从地球升空 |
[00:16] | will use almost all the fuel it will carry | 几乎会用尽所载燃料 |
[00:18] | just to attain a speed great enough to balance the pull of gravity. | 以此保持高速运行 摆脱地心引力 |
[00:22] | Here we have a scale drawing of the Earth with the moon 240,000 miles away. | 这是一幅比例图 地球距离月球24万英里 |
[00:28] | This is the elliptical path which our rocket ship will follow | 火箭将沿这条椭圆轨道运行 |
[00:31] | going out and coming back. | 探月及返回都需沿着这条轨道 |
[00:36] | And then you will use its primary system, the AGS | 第二步 启动主系统 “中断飞行制导系统” |
[00:38] | instead of the PGNCS, | 而非”基本导航飞行及控制系统” |
[00:39] | for separation and ascent. | 进行分离和升空 |
[00:41] | Copy all that, Tranquility Base? | 收到吗 静海基地 |
[00:43] | Guidance control AGS. Roger, Houston. | 启动中断飞行制导系统 收到 休斯顿 |
[00:46] | We are definitely concerned about stability | 我们很担心飞船的稳定性 |
[00:48] | once we fire the ascent engine from this canted position. | 毕竟升空有一定的倾斜角 |
[00:52] | In the meantime, we’re losing extra weight. | 我们还在尽力减轻飞船重量 |
[00:58] | I don’t like the margins, Wernher. | 有点冒险 沃纳 |
[01:00] | Getting back to vertical’s gonna cost him a lot of ascent fuel. | 让飞船恢复垂直飞行将消耗大量升空燃料 |
[01:03] | I mean, they may not be able to rendezvous with Columbia. | 可能因此无法与哥伦比亚号汇合 |
[01:06] | The plan is sound, Gene. | 计划很周全 吉恩 |
[01:17] | Tranquility, you have go for liftoff. | 静海基地 可以升空了 |
[01:20] | Okay, Buzz. Engine Arm on. | 巴斯 抬起引擎架 |
[01:29] | Mike, we’ll see you in a bit. | 麦克 一会儿见 |
[01:31] | Keep our beers cold for us. | 帮我们冰好啤酒 |
[01:35] | Copy that, Tranquility Base. | 收到 静海基地 |
[01:38] | Abort Stage. | 启动中断程序 |
[01:41] | – Engine Arm, Ascent. – Engine Arm, Ascent. | -收起引擎架 升空 -收起引擎架 升空 |
[01:45] | Here goes nothing. | 再见啦 |
[01:46] | Ignition. | 点火 |
[01:59] | Houston, we’re definitely picking up a little shimmy. | 休斯顿 飞船稍有晃动 |
[02:21] | We’re leveling out. | 恢复平稳飞行 |
[02:23] | The Eagle has wings. | 老鹰号展翅了 |
[04:12] | 两个月后 1969年9月5日 | |
[04:36] | Excuse me… | 打扰一下 |
[04:41] | Good morning, sir. | 早上好 先生 |
[04:44] | Green suits you, Emma. | 你穿绿色很好看 艾玛 |
[04:46] | Administrator Paine just arrived, sir. | 派恩局长刚回来 先生 |
[04:48] | Hope he’s got good news. | 但愿他带来了好消息 |
[04:50] | – Could use that. – Deke. | -我们需要一剂强心剂 -迪克 |
[04:54] | I’ll catch up. | 我稍后就去 |
[05:04] | How much longer do I have to eat shit before you put me back on flight status? | 我还得煎熬多久 你才肯让我重新飞行 |
[05:07] | I’ve been cooling my heels for two damn months now. | 我都被晾了两个月了 |
[05:09] | Look, it’s not only up to me. | 这事不是我一个人说了算 |
[05:11] | You pissed off a lot of people. | 你惹恼了很多人 |
[05:16] | I’m never going back up, am I? | 我再也不能飞了吗 |
[05:20] | Not as long as von Braun’s director. | 只要主任还是冯布朗 你就没戏 |
[05:23] | I’m sorry. But you made your bed. | 我也很遗憾 但你是自作自受 |
[05:29] | So, what the hell am I supposed to do, just keep pushing paper? | 我要怎么办 继续做文职吗 |
[05:31] | There are worse things. | 这还不算太糟 |
[05:33] | Yeah, I guess you’d know, wouldn’t ya? | 你真是站着说话不腰疼 |
[05:35] | Watch it, Ed. | 说话注意点 爱德 |
[06:19] | It’s from a trusted source in the Kremlin. | 此图是克里姆林宫的可靠线人提供 |
[06:21] | And if this is even close to ready… | 如果苏联即将建造成功… |
[06:23] | It’s merely blueprints. | 这只是个草图 |
[06:24] | I have hundreds of blueprints. It means nothing. | 我多的是草图 这什么也说明不了 |
[06:27] | We can’t afford to be cautious now, Wernher. | 不能再畏首畏尾了 沃纳 |
[06:30] | This is the new front in the Cold War. | 太空是冷战的新阵地 |
[06:32] | If the Soviets are gonna build a lunar military outpost up there, | 如果苏联计划打造月球军事前哨站 |
[06:35] | the president wants one too, and he wants it first. | 总统希望美国能够抢先完成 |
[06:38] | He can’t be serious. | 别说笑了 |
[06:40] | Frankly, I’ve never seen him more serious. | 说实话 他严肃得很 |
[06:42] | We’re talking a major realignment of priorities here. | 这样就得调整任务重点了 |
[06:45] | We may have lost the moon, but we can still win the race for the base. | 虽然登月被抢先了 但还有希望赢下”基地战” |
[06:50] | “Race for the base”? | “基地战” |
[06:52] | Catchy, right? | 真是朗朗上口啊 |
[06:54] | Your testimony before the committee | 你在委员会听证时 |
[06:55] | is the perfect time to unveil NASA’s new strategy. | 正好可以趁机介绍宇航局的新部署 |
[06:58] | Beginning with Apollo 12, | 从阿波罗12号开始 |
[07:00] | we will be scouting for the location | 我们将探索合适地点 |
[07:02] | of a permanent military installation on the moon. | 在月球建立永久军事基地 |
[07:05] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[07:06] | We’re a scientific program, not a playground for G.I. Joe. | 登月是为进行科学探索 不是为大兵开拓空间 |
[07:10] | Wernher. This is a good thing. | 沃纳 这是好事 |
[07:13] | Nixon’s doubling down on the program. | 尼克松会加大太空投入 |
[07:15] | Our budgets will go up exponentially. | 我们的预算将大幅提升 |
[07:17] | We can bring in three, four more classes of astronauts. | 这样就能招募更多宇航员了 |
[07:20] | What do you think, Deke? | 你觉得呢 迪克 |
[07:21] | Well, I could sure use the extra manpower, | 人多力量大 自然是好事 |
[07:24] | but I don’t know, 12’s flight is right around the corner. | 但阿波罗12号马上就要发射了 |
[07:27] | Yeah. We may need to move that up a tad. | 对 所以得抓紧了 |
[07:32] | Thomas, listen to me. | 汤马斯 听我说 |
[07:34] | We cannot allow this encroachment. | 我们决不能堕落至此 |
[07:38] | I’ve seen it before. | 我有惨痛的教训 |
[07:40] | My Aggregat 4, it was designed for low-Earth orbit. | 我设计的A4火箭本旨在近地轨道运行 |
[07:44] | When the Wehrmacht saw its potential, | 德国国防军得知其威力后 |
[07:47] | it became the V-2, a terrible weapon. | 就将其打造成了V2短程弹道导弹 |
[07:51] | We cannot allow space to become another battlefield. | 我们不能将太空变成下一个战场 |
[07:54] | It already is. | 木已成舟 |
[07:55] | If we don’t respond in kind, we’ll be sitting ducks. | 我们若不及时应对 就会任人揉捏 |
[07:58] | I will not watch, yet again, as my work is defiled by men with guns. | 我绝不会再一次放任我的研究被用作武器 |
[08:01] | This isn’t Germany, Wernher. | 这里不是德国 沃纳 |
[08:04] | Dick Nixon’s been fighting communists for 30 years, | 迪克·尼克松和苏联人斗了30年 |
[08:08] | and a red moon isn’t something our nation can accept. | 美国决不会放任”红月”发生[苏联占领太空] |
[08:10] | Red moon, blue moon, green moon. Enough with this nonsense. | 红月也好 蓝月绿月也罢 别什么都政治化 |
[08:13] | This is happening. | 此事势在必行 |
[08:16] | I suggest you get on the train before it runs you over. | 你最好及早醒悟 免得伤及自身 |
[08:20] | Who does he think he is, | 他以为自己是谁啊 |
[08:21] | to say “no” to the President of the United States? | 居然敢对美国总统说不 |
[08:24] | If I say put a military base on the moon, that’s it. | 我要在月球建造军事基地 他们就必须照办 |
[08:27] | End of story. | 没得商量 |
[08:29] | I want that Kraut bastard gone. | 让那个德国佬滚蛋 |
[08:31] | I’m afraid he is quite untouchable, Mr. President. | 他可动不得 总统先生 |
[08:32] | 亨利·基辛格 国家安全顾问 | |
[08:35] | A beloved figure… he taught the country about space travel. | 他德高望重 是他帮助美国实现了太空飞行 |
[08:38] | Well, then, | 既然如此 |
[08:39] | we’ll have to get creative now, won’t we? | 那我们就自主研发 |
[08:44] | I miss the barbecue back in Huntsville. | 我想念亨特维尔的烧烤 |
[08:48] | Maybe it’s time to retire. Go back to Alabama. | 也许我该退休 回阿拉巴马了 |
[08:52] | Yeah. You could sit on your porch. | 是啊 你可以坐在门廊上 |
[08:56] | Smoke your pipe. | 悠闲地抽烟 |
[08:57] | Maybe take up painting? | 还能学画画 |
[09:01] | Besides, who would I eat lunch with? | 你走了 我跟谁一起吃午饭啊 |
[09:05] | I don’t know. | 这可说不好 |
[09:08] | Perhaps a handsome young suitor? | 找个帅气的年轻小伙嘛 |
[09:10] | We’re doing this again? You know I don’t have time. | 又催我谈恋爱 你明知我没空 |
[09:13] | Yes. You’re a very busy young woman. | 是啊 你可是日理万机 |
[09:18] | I heard about this interview of yours with Gene. | 我听说吉恩约谈你了 |
[09:23] | I was going to tell you. I just wanted– | 我本打算告诉你 就是想… |
[09:25] | Wanted to do it yourself. I know. | 想靠自己升职 我懂 |
[09:30] | You worry too much about what others might think, Margo. | 你太在意别人的看法了 玛格 |
[09:34] | You always have. | 你向来如此 |
[09:40] | The boys couldn’t stop talking about that Apollo 11 landing. | 大家还在喋喋不休地议论阿波罗11号的着陆 |
[09:44] | Good old-fashioned controlled crash. | 玩了一把惊险手动降落 |
[09:46] | Yeah, Neil’s a good stick. | 是啊 尼尔是个中好手 |
[09:48] | Though I still think your landing on the Kearsarge, | 但我还是觉得你进行荷兰翻滚 |
[09:51] | outta that Dutch roll, takes the cake. | 在奇尔沙志号攻击舰的着陆更令人惊艳 |
[09:56] | So when you going back up, Ed? 15, right? | 你什么时候能回去飞阿波罗15号啊 |
[10:00] | Well. It’s unclear at the moment. | 目前还不好说 |
[10:05] | Sort of why I asked you to come grab a beer. | 这也是我今天叫你出来喝酒的原因 |
[10:07] | I’ve been thinking about maybe moving back navy side. | 我在考虑回海军当飞行员 |
[10:10] | Yeah, right. | 别逗了 |
[10:14] | Now why on God’s green earth would you wanna do something like that? | 你怎么想不开要回来呢 |
[10:19] | Pilots become astronauts, Ed. | 飞行员都想当宇航员 爱德 |
[10:21] | Not the other way around. | 可没宇航员想回去做飞行员 |
[10:23] | Well, the only thing I’ve been flying lately is a desk. | 可我最近只能坐冷板凳 |
[10:27] | This about that article? | 因为那篇报道吗 |
[10:29] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:31] | You always did have a way of pissing off your superior officers. | 你总有本事惹恼上级 |
[10:36] | Present company included. | 包括我本人 |
[10:40] | But you’re also one of the best aviators I’ve ever seen. | 但你也是我见过最优秀的飞行员之一 |
[10:43] | “One of”? | 还有人跟我一样优秀吗 |
[10:45] | Don’t be a smart-ass. | 给你几分颜色 就开染坊 |
[10:48] | Navy would just about shit themselves though to get a guy like you back. | 你肯回来 海军求之不得呢 |
[10:51] | Especially now. We’re making a big push in Vietnam. | 尤其是现在 我们加大越战的投入力度了 |
[10:54] | Could be the turning point in the war. | 也许能扭转战局 |
[10:57] | And that means commanding a squadron or– | 我回去能指挥飞行中队吗 |
[10:59] | Squadron? | 飞行中队 |
[11:01] | You’d probably get command of an entire air wing. | 你都能指挥飞行联队了 |
[11:04] | And wait till you fly this new Phantom. | 我们还研制了新式幽灵战机 |
[11:07] | Puts those Panthers we flew in Korea to shame. | 简直把朝鲜战争时的黑豹战机秒成渣渣 |
[11:11] | It’s a fire-breathing beast, Ed. | 绝对是战机中的战斗机 爱德 |
[11:20] | I’m sorry, Ed. | 抱歉 爱德 |
[11:21] | It’s just, I can’t. | 我接受不了 |
[11:23] | Ed. I can’t get another phone call that your plane was shot down. | 爱德 我再也不想被人电话通知你中弹的消息了 |
[11:28] | I mean, every time the phone rang, my heart just fell. | 每次电话响 我就心里一沉 |
[11:32] | I coulda gotten killed just as easily going up on 10. | 我之前飞阿波罗10号 也有可能出事 |
[11:36] | Yeah. Well, at least you weren’t being shot at. | 对 但最起码不是被子弹打死 |
[11:39] | It’s what I signed up for, Karen. | 我入这行就意味着高风险 凯伦 |
[11:43] | No, Ed. It’s what we signed up for. | 不 爱德 我们夫妻二人要同进退 |
[11:48] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[11:54] | My God, would you just– | 天呐 你真是… |
[11:56] | Cut that out. You’re making a mess of things. | 一边去吧 真是越帮越忙 |
[12:00] | While in Washington, the political fallout from the Soviet moon landing continues, | 苏联登月对华盛顿造成的政治影响持续 |
[12:04] | as a joint congressional committee looks deeper | 两党联合成立国会听证委员会 |
[12:06] | into the alleged failures of the space program. | 深挖太空计划失败的原因 |
[12:08] | Administrator Thomas Paine | 汤马斯·派恩局长 |
[12:10] | grilled by Senator Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts, | 受到马萨诸塞州参议员泰德·肯尼迪的拷问 |
[12:12] | who’s quickly established himself as a leading voice on the committee | 肯尼迪迅速在委员会建立了主导地位 |
[12:15] | questioning President Nixon’s leadership. | 带头质疑尼克松总统的领导力 |
[12:17] | And how, sir, do you justify canceling production of the Saturn V rocket | 先生 你之前为何停止生产土星五号火箭 |
[12:21] | a full year before Apollo 11? | 那时距阿波罗11号发射还有整整一年 |
[12:23] | It was part of a broader– | 为了更长远的打算… |
[12:25] | These were drastic reductions of NASA’s funding by President Nixon. | 尼克松总统大幅削减了宇航局的预算 |
[12:30] | Excuse me. That’s not accurate, Senator. | 打断一下 这样说并不准确 参议员 |
[12:33] | The president is fully committed to the space program. | 总统全力支持太空计划 |
[12:51] | Yeah. | 谁啊 |
[12:56] | Where’d you put those vacuum tubes? TV’s fritzing again. | 你把真空电子管放哪儿了 电视又坏了 |
[12:59] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[13:01] | I don’t know. Maybe… | 我没印象了… |
[13:03] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[13:06] | Tell me you’re not still drunk. | 你不会还没醒酒吧 |
[13:08] | No, baby, I’m… just beat, is all. | 当然没有 亲爱的 我就是累坏了 |
[13:14] | They’re really working us down here. | 训练很紧张 |
[13:16] | You know I hate being away from you and the kiddos. | 我很不情愿跟你和孩子们分开 |
[13:18] | Yeah. I’m sure it’s just torture. | 你心里肯定都乐开花了 |
[13:20] | Mine, give it back! | 我的 还给我 |
[13:24] | Daniel, Jimmy! | 丹尼尔 吉米 |
[13:25] | Anything you put on that floor, you will pick up. Are we clear? | 谁乱扔东西 谁就负责捡起来 |
[13:29] | You tell Danny that I said– | 你告诉丹尼 爸爸说… |
[13:41] | Listen to his mom, yeah. Tell him I said that, hon. | 要听妈妈的话 转告他 亲爱的 |
[13:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:52] | Guess I’ll see you soon. | 等你回来 |
[13:54] | Trace. | 特蕾西 |
[13:57] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[14:14] | 载人航天中心 总部 | |
[14:16] | Look, I know you’re smart, Margo. | 我知道你很聪明 玛格 |
[14:18] | But it gets intense down there. | 但指挥中心并不好待 |
[14:21] | They call it the trench for a reason. | 大家称其为”壕沟”并不是毫无缘由 |
[14:23] | I need to know you’re not some pogue | 我得确认你不是怂包 |
[14:24] | who’s gonna wilt at the first sign of pressure. | 一遇到压力就崩溃 |
[14:26] | No, sir. That wouldn’t be– | 不 长官 不会这样… |
[14:29] | I’ve had guys on FIDO, solid guys, | 有些飞航动态员 平时很靠谱 |
[14:33] | damn near piss their pants during a rocky re-entry. | 航天器重返大气层时遇到颠簸 直接吓尿裤子了 |
[14:36] | Well, sir… | 长官… |
[14:39] | I don’t wear pants. | 我不穿裤子 |
[14:44] | That is a fact. | 这倒是实话 |
[14:49] | Dr. von Braun sure thinks the world of you. | 冯布朗博士对你青睐有加 |
[14:52] | How do you two know each other? | 你们俩怎么会认识 |
[14:54] | I’ve known him most of my life, actually. | 其实 我从小就认识他 |
[14:57] | My father, he taught at the university over in Huntsville. | 我父亲在亨特维尔的大学教书 |
[15:01] | Dr. von Braun would come over for dinners | 冯布朗博士之前总来我家做客 |
[15:02] | and regale us with stories about rockets to outer space, journeys to the moon. | 给我们讲外太空飞行和月球探索的故事 |
[15:09] | Mars. | 还有火星探索 |
[15:11] | I’d never even been outside of Huntsville. | 我当时从没离开过亨特维尔 |
[15:14] | But he made me think anything was possible. | 但因为他 我觉得一切皆有可能 |
[15:18] | He’s the reason I became an engineer. | 受他启迪 我才成为了一名工程师 |
[15:22] | I’m sorry. Am I rambling? | 抱歉 我是不是话太多了 |
[15:24] | No. It’s nice. | 没有 挺好 |
[15:28] | Tell me a bit more about yourself. | 再介绍一下你自己吧 |
[15:31] | What do you do for fun? | 你平时有哪些休闲娱乐 |
[15:34] | I… | 我… |
[15:35] | Relax. Margo, it’s not a test. | 放轻松 玛格 我们就是闲聊 |
[15:38] | Astronauts aren’t the only ones allowed to have fun around here. | 没人规定只有宇航员能放松享乐 |
[15:41] | But you are not exactly a spring chicken. | 你年纪也不小了 |
[15:45] | I give you this job, you’re not gonna run off on me to start a family, are you? | 你不会一升职就忙着结婚生子吧 |
[15:49] | I don’t think kids are in the cards, sir. | 孩子不在我考虑范围之内 长官 |
[15:53] | Really? You don’t want kids? | 是吗 你不想要孩子 |
[15:57] | I mean… | 怎么说呢 |
[15:59] | it’s not that I don’t, it’s just, right now– | 不是不想要 只是目前… |
[16:01] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[16:02] | Not every woman is cut out to be a mother. | 不是所有女人都是做母亲的料 |
[17:08] | Seen Aleida? | 艾蕾达呢 |
[17:12] | Aleida. | 艾蕾达 |
[17:14] | Papa is home. | 爸爸回来了 |
[17:17] | Octavio. | 奥塔维欧 |
[17:19] | I caught her doing it again. | 她又不乖了 |
[17:21] | Livi almost burned her hand. | 丽薇差点烧到手 |
[17:23] | You have to get her under control | 你必须管好她 |
[17:26] | or find someplace else to live. | 不然就让她走 |
[17:29] | No. No, Cata. Cata, wait. | 别啊 卡塔 等等 |
[17:32] | Where is she? | 她在哪里 |
[17:36] | Aleida! | 艾蕾达 |
[17:52] | Aleida, you need to stop doing this. | 艾蕾达 你不能再这样了 |
[17:56] | It’s dangerous. You know that. | 玩火很危险 你心里清楚 |
[18:01] | Why do you do it? Talk to me. | 为什么要这样 告诉我 |
[18:05] | I don’t know. I like it. | 说不好 就是喜欢 |
[18:07] | – English. – I don’t want to. | -讲英语 -不想讲 |
[18:15] | Aleida… | 艾蕾达… |
[18:18] | you need to talk to me. | 有心事 要告诉我啊 |
[18:20] | Do you remember how we used to talk all the time? | 我们父女以前可是无话不谈 |
[18:25] | Look, I know this is hard. I know. | 我知道你不好受 |
[18:29] | It’s a new home, a new country, a– | 搬到了新家 来到了新的国度… |
[18:34] | But we can help each other. | 但我们父女可以互相倾诉啊 |
[18:37] | Just leave me alone. | 别管我 |
[19:10] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[19:12] | I’m so glad you called. | 幸好你通知我了 |
[19:14] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[19:15] | How do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[19:17] | All right. Here. | 好了 给我吧 |
[19:18] | Okay. Give this to me. | 我来拿吧 |
[19:19] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[19:20] | I will take it from here. You can go. | 交给我吧 你回去吧 |
[19:22] | – All right. – I’ll get it. Thank you, Doris. | -好 -我来吧 谢谢你 朵瑞斯 |
[19:24] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[19:33] | Trace? | 特蕾西 |
[19:36] | Hon, it’s Karen. I– | 亲爱的 是我 凯伦 |
[19:37] | Don’t you dare make excuses for him. | 不准为他找借口开脱 |
[19:40] | Gordo can stay with that Cape cookie for all I care. | 戈登就和那个狐狸精待在肯尼迪角别回来了 |
[19:42] | – Okay. – I’m not letting him back in this home. | -好了 -他休想进家门 |
[19:43] | Yes, let’s calm down, all right? | 你冷静一点 |
[19:45] | I could hear her! | 我都听到她的动静了 |
[19:47] | She was in the room with him. | 她当时就在屋里 |
[19:50] | Maybe some of you other wives can grin and bear it for the program, | 也许你们能为了太空计划对丈夫出轨忍气吞声 |
[19:54] | but… fuck the program! | 我可不管什么太空计划 |
[20:00] | Trace… | 特蕾西… |
[20:02] | come here. | 过来 |
[20:17] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[20:19] | I have this fantasy I’m married to another man. | 我一直幻想嫁给了另外一个男人 |
[20:24] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[20:26] | Yeah, his name’s Bert. | 对 他叫伯特 |
[20:30] | He’s an accountant. 9:00 to 5:00, drives a Buick. | 他是个会计 工作朝九晚五 有辆别克 |
[20:36] | Does Bert have a brother? | 伯特这么好 有兄弟介绍给我吗 |
[20:38] | Come on. Ed’s a rock. | 得了吧 爱德那么靠谱 |
[20:42] | Believe you me, being married to Edward Baldwin is no picnic. | 信我吧 和爱德华·鲍德温过日子可不省心 |
[20:46] | I’m not saying our problems are the same, | 他倒没有出轨 |
[20:47] | but that doesn’t mean we don’t have problems. | 但我们夫妻也有摩擦 |
[21:01] | You know… | 说起来 |
[21:03] | I think I always knew. | 其实我早有察觉 |
[21:08] | I was just– | 我之前只是… |
[21:12] | I fooled myself into– to feeling like a– | 我一直装糊涂 假装一切都好 |
[21:19] | Christ, he’s not even trying to hide it anymore. | 天呐 他现在连表面功夫都懒得做了 |
[21:21] | I do everything for that man, Karen. | 我为他奉献了一切 凯伦 |
[21:24] | I know. | 我懂 |
[21:25] | I know it’s not easy, I do. | 确实很不容易 |
[21:32] | Divorce. | 离婚 |
[21:35] | I mean, that’s what we’re talking about. | 你是想离婚吧 |
[21:37] | That’s where this leads. | 过不下去只能离婚 |
[21:42] | I mean, it’s– it is hard enough for any woman. | 为人妻子 本就不易 |
[21:45] | But for women like us, it’s– | 宇航员的妻子更是… |
[21:49] | Do you remember Harriet and Don? | 你还记得哈利特和唐吗 |
[21:51] | There were reporters camped out in their front lawn. | 记者当时在他们家草坪上赖着不走 |
[21:54] | Their kids’ photos were in magazines. | 孩子的照片都被曝光了 |
[21:56] | I mean, Trace, you gotta think about those things. | 特蕾西 你得考虑好 |
[22:00] | You know, I mean, a divorced single mother of two. I– | 离婚后成为单亲母亲 独自拉扯两个孩子 |
[22:03] | How do you support yourself? I mean, what do you tell your kids? | 你怎么生活啊 怎么向孩子们交代 |
[22:07] | Your parents? | 怎么向父母交代 |
[22:09] | I mean, you’re not just leaving Gordo, you’re leaving your entire life. | 离婚不仅是离开戈登 更是将过去的生活挥刀斩断啊 |
[22:15] | I’m sorry. I– | 抱歉 我… |
[22:18] | Trace, I want what’s best for you, I do. | 特蕾西 我是为了你好 |
[22:23] | Look me in the eye and tell me you don’t love him. | 看着我的眼睛 告诉我 你不爱他了 |
[22:39] | Well… | 行吧 |
[22:44] | shit. | 算你狠 |
[22:58] | Margo. | 玛格 |
[23:00] | I thought you’d already left for DC. | 我还以为你已经出发去华盛顿了 |
[23:02] | I am disappointed in you. | 我对你太失望了 |
[23:04] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 怎么了 |
[23:07] | You’ve made me look very bad. | 你让我脸上无光啊 |
[23:10] | I was second to the moon. | 我助美国第二个登上月球 |
[23:11] | And now you, you will be the first woman in Mission Control. | 而你将会是指挥中心第一位女性工作人员 |
[23:25] | You didn’t have to convince him, did you? | 你没替我说好话吧 |
[23:27] | I did not say a word. | 我根本没跟他打招呼 |
[23:29] | Gene is a smart man. He could see how talented you are. | 吉恩是个聪明人 他知道你是个人才 |
[23:33] | No, this is you alone. | 你是凭自己本事升职 |
[23:37] | No, it wasn’t. | 你骗人 |
[23:40] | Yes. | 千真万确 |
[23:44] | Well, I… | 我… |
[23:46] | I’ve had this for over 20 years. | 这个东西伴随我二十多年了 |
[23:50] | And now I would like you to have it. | 现在送给你 |
[24:05] | I was hoping for cognac. | 我还期待你能送我瓶白兰地呢 |
[24:40] | Welcome to the trench, | 欢迎加入”壕沟” |
[24:41] | Eva von Braun! Eva von Braun! | 伊娃·冯布朗 伊娃·冯布朗 |
[24:46] | All right, people. Let’s get those handover briefs started. | 各位 开始做交接简报吧 |
[24:50] | White Team is on-console in 35 minutes. | 白队35分钟后交接 |
[24:59] | Don’t take it personal. | 别介意 |
[25:01] | They pull this stuff with all the new guys. | 新人都会被捉弄 |
[25:17] | Feeling like we should make a little detour here, Freddie. | 我们是不是该绕个路啊 弗莱迪 |
[25:22] | Come on, Gordo. | 别闹了 戈登 |
[25:24] | Don’t you remember the ass-chewing we got last time? | 忘了上次的教训了 |
[25:27] | Ellington Tower, NASA 963. | 艾灵顿控制中心 这里是宇航局963号 |
[25:39] | Boys, Daddy’s home. | 孩子们 爸爸回来了 |
[26:11] | – Daddy! – Daddy! | -爸爸 -爸爸 |
[26:12] | Yeah! | 乖儿子 |
[26:16] | I got you something. I got you this. | 我给你带了礼物 瞧 |
[26:19] | It’s the biggest because you’re the biggest. | 这个最大 正好适合你 |
[26:23] | Smelling good, Trace. What you cooking? | 真香啊 特蕾西 做了什么 |
[26:25] | It’s just some casserole. Hands off. It’s for the barbecue. | 炖了砂锅菜 不准偷吃 烧烤要用 |
[26:28] | Barbecue? | 烧烤吗 |
[26:30] | All right! | 太棒了 |
[26:36] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[26:40] | – You too. – Okay. | -我也是 -好 |
[26:43] | – That’s the casserole. – Yeah. | -砂锅菜好了 -好 |
[26:57] | Guys. | 你们好 |
[26:59] | You. Glad you could make it. | 你好啊 你能来真好 |
[27:02] | Yeah, well, wouldn’t miss it. | 是啊 可不能错过 |
[27:07] | – Come here. Come here! – He loves those boys. | -过来 -他很疼孩子 |
[27:10] | Yeah, I know. But this would be great for the… | 是啊 但这样更好… |
[27:13] | Come on. Come on over here. Come on– | 往这边来一点 快点… |
[27:15] | That’s great. Great! That’s great. Up here! Big smiles. | 很好 非常好 站上面 笑一个 |
[27:19] | Buzz, take a bite of the hamburger. | 巴斯 咬一口汉堡 |
[27:23] | There we go! Nice. Excellent. | 很好 非常好 |
[27:29] | I’m just saying, word is we’re putting a base up there. | 听说要在月球建基地 |
[27:32] | We wanna be on the crew, Deke. | 我们想飞 迪克 |
[27:34] | Guys, drink some beer. Eat some dogs. Enjoy yourselves. | 两位 喝几杯酒 吃点热狗 享受派对吧 |
[27:42] | Her niece just got back from London, | 她侄女刚从伦敦回来 |
[27:44] | and apparently all the kids over there were wearing hammer and sickle T-shirts. | 英国小孩现在衬衫上印的都是苏联的锤子和镰刀 |
[27:49] | Can you imagine? | 难以想象吧 |
[27:50] | Karen, I cannot believe how well you put this all together, | 凯伦 派对办得这么成功 你真是太厉害了 |
[27:53] | what with all you and Ed are going through. | 毕竟你和爱德最近很难熬 |
[27:57] | Well, we do what we can. | 日子还得继续过啊 |
[28:00] | Gordo! Stop it! | 戈登 住手 |
[28:04] | You got me all wet. | 你都把我弄湿了 |
[28:09] | I wish Harry and me still had that kind of passion. | 真希望我和哈里也能这么有激情 |
[28:21] | Ed. | 爱德 |
[28:29] | Plotting your escape too? | 你也想溜啊 |
[28:31] | Yeah. Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[28:43] | Look, I know you came out here to get away from all the questions, | 虽然你跑到这儿是为躲避人们的好奇追问 |
[28:47] | but it’s still my backyard. | 但在我家 你还得满足一下我的好奇心 |
[28:49] | So, spit it out. | 快说吧 |
[28:52] | Did they really make you go through customs when you came back? | 你回来时 他们真让你过海关了吗 |
[28:58] | I got the receipt to prove it. | 单据我还留着呢 |
[28:59] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[29:08] | That was… a hell of a landing, Neil. | 好一出着陆啊 尼尔 |
[29:12] | If you can call it that. | 可以这么说吧 |
[29:16] | Maintaining attitude control was no joke. | 控制姿态实在太难了 |
[29:18] | I bet. | 我懂 |
[29:21] | Tell you the truth? | 说实话吧 |
[29:24] | I can’t believe I didn’t abort. | 我都不敢相信我竟然没放弃着陆 |
[29:26] | Well, you pulled it off. It was a good call. | 你成功了 没放弃是正确的决定 |
[29:29] | Easy to say that looking back. | 现在回想起来 倒是说得很轻松 |
[29:31] | Couple things go different, | 万一当时出了任何差错 |
[29:33] | we drift a little bit further into those rocks… | 要是离石头再近一点… |
[29:37] | we’re a smoking hole | 我们早就死翘翘了 |
[29:38] | and I got my name on the biggest disaster in NASA history. | 我就成宇航局史上的大罪人了 |
[29:44] | Then why’d you go for it? | 那你为何坚持着陆呢 |
[29:46] | I don’t know. You’re in flight test… | 怎么说呢 我们都会试飞 |
[29:51] | and, every once in a while, | 总会有那么几次 |
[29:53] | you get to that point where part of your brain is saying, “Eject.” | 你的大脑中有个声音让你”弹出” 结束任务 |
[29:57] | But another part of your brain is saying, “Go for it.” | 但脑中还有另外一个声音 让你”继续下去” |
[30:03] | And you just have to make the call… | 而你则需要做出抉择 |
[30:07] | and hope you’re not wrong. | 但愿没选错 |
[30:16] | There he is. | 来了啊 |
[30:17] | Ed, I want you to meet Congressman Charles Sandman. | 爱德 这位是查尔斯·桑德曼议员 |
[30:19] | He’s on the committee looking at this whole mess, and he’s a big fan of yours. | 他是事故调查听证委员会成员 他很喜欢你 |
[30:23] | You know, before I headed back to Washington, | 我很快就要回华盛顿了 |
[30:25] | I told Tom here I had to meet the man who almost won the moon for us. | 但我告诉汤姆 我一定得见见差点登月成功的英雄 |
[30:28] | I watched Apollo 10 on TV, Commander. | 我当时在电视上观看了阿波罗10号的飞行过程 指挥官 |
[30:30] | I mean, you boys, you came so damn close. Must have just about killed you. | 你们当时差点就成功了 现在肯定很后悔吧 |
[30:34] | Not exactly a secret these days, huh? | 人尽皆知 悔得肠子都青了 |
[30:37] | You know, I would love for you to come talk to the committee, | 我希望你能去参加听证会 |
[30:40] | hear what you have to say about all this. | 谈谈你的想法 |
[30:43] | With all due respect, sir, I think my mouth has done enough damage. | 恕我直言 先生 我已经说过太多混账话了 |
[30:47] | You see? | 听听 |
[30:49] | The fact that you were punished for speaking the truth… | 说实话居然会受罚… |
[30:51] | I mean, if they’d listened to you before, we wouldn’t be in this mess to begin with. | 要是他们之前听你的 就不会被人抢先登月了 |
[30:55] | We’re at war here. | 现在已经开战了 |
[30:56] | Well, you, you know what I’m saying, you’re navy. | 你肯定懂 毕竟你是海军 |
[30:58] | All you astronauts, you’re all military, aren’t you? | 所有宇航员都是军人出身吧 |
[31:01] | Well, technically, yes, sir. But– | 严格来说是这样 先生 但是… |
[31:03] | They’re on loan to NASA. | 他们是借调来了宇航局 |
[31:05] | Still military, but they can’t even wear their uniforms in public. | 军人身份还在 但不能在公共场合穿戴军服了 |
[31:10] | See? What a disgrace. | 真是太不像话了 |
[31:11] | That is exactly the kinda ticky-tack crap that’s undermining our fight for the moon. | 就是因为这些条条框框 我们才会输掉登月之战 |
[31:16] | I know you’re not happy, Ed. | 我知道你不乐意 爱德 |
[31:19] | And I’ve spoken with the president. He’s not happy either. | 我跟总统谈过了 他也很不满 |
[31:22] | He wants to make some big changes at the agency, and he needs your help. | 他想将宇航局大换血 但需要你的帮助 |
[31:26] | Come on up to DC and tell my colleagues exactly what you told that reporter. | 去华盛顿吧 把你对记者说的话原封不动讲给议员们听 |
[31:30] | That von Braun is too cautious. That he cost us the moon. | 冯布朗过于小心谨慎 他害我们错失了登月先机 |
[31:37] | I don’t know. | 不好吧 |
[31:41] | Look, I don’t always see eye to eye with von Braun. But I respect him. | 我和冯布朗确实有时意见相左 但我很敬佩他 |
[31:47] | – You know, he built the Saturn V. – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -他是土星五号的建造者 -没错 |
[31:49] | No, Wernher is a great man. Don’t get me wrong. | 沃纳确实功勋卓著 这点我不否认 |
[31:53] | But men like him, they don’t see the tide till they’re drowning in it. | 但他跟不上时代潮流 总醒悟得太晚 |
[31:57] | The president is clear-eyed about the threat we’re facing here. | 总统很清楚我们现在面临的威胁 |
[32:00] | He thinks astronauts should be running things. | 他认为该对宇航员放权 |
[32:03] | Men who actually know what it feels like to be in a dogfight. | 你们知道如何打败对手 赢得比赛 |
[32:06] | You astronauts, you’re holding all the cards. | 宇航员最清楚状况了 |
[32:08] | I mean, hell, you’re already the face of the program. | 你们已经是太空计划的门面了 |
[32:10] | Why not be the voice too? | 何不将控制权也握在手中呢 |
[32:13] | The president’s real keen on this, Ed. | 总统对此事十分关注 爱德 |
[32:15] | And he remembers his friends. | 他会记得帮助过他的朋友 |
[32:18] | Could be your ticket back up there. | 你也许能借此重回飞行岗 |
[32:20] | So, what do you say? | 你看如何 |
[32:35] | Maybe if you do what they want, things will go back to the way they were before. | 如果你按他们说的做 也许一切就能恢复原样了 |
[32:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:42] | I’d be back on 15… | 我就能回去飞阿波罗15号了 |
[32:45] | headed for the Apennine Highlands. | 向月球进发了 |
[32:49] | Yeah. No desk duty. | 对啊 不用再做无聊的文职 |
[32:53] | No Vietnam. | 也不必去越南枪林弹雨了 |
[33:01] | You know, you said yourself that NASA could use a good kick in the rear. | 你也曾说过 宇航局正缺一剂助力 |
[33:07] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[33:13] | But Von Braun, he– | 但是冯布朗… |
[33:16] | he would be… | 他就会被… |
[33:18] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[33:58] | Now, Commander Baldwin, if I’m not mistaken… | 鲍德温指挥官 要是我没理解错 |
[34:03] | both Apollo 10 and Apollo 11 lunar modules, | 阿波罗10号和11号的登月舱 |
[34:06] | they had almost the same amount of fuel, correct? | 所载燃料数量相仿吧 |
[34:09] | Yes, sir. | 没错 先生 |
[34:10] | A little shy of 18,000 pounds in the descent stage, | 下降阶段有将近1万8千磅燃料 |
[34:13] | and 5,000 in the ascent. | 升空有五千磅 |
[34:15] | Okay. Were there any other differences in the spacecraft? | 两者还有何不同吗 |
[34:17] | Anything that would prevent you from landing. | 有能够导致10号无法着陆的不同吗 |
[34:20] | Well, Snoopy was– | “史努比”… |
[34:21] | Wait. I’m sorry. Snoopy? | 等下 不好意思 “史努比”是什么 |
[34:26] | Yes, sir. We named our LEM Snoopy. | 我们给登月舱取名为”史努比” |
[34:30] | And the command module was Charlie Brown. | 控制舱名叫”查理·布朗” |
[34:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:37] | Our LEM was heavier than Eagle, | 我们的登月舱比老鹰号沉 |
[34:39] | so the concern was whether we’d have enough thrust to re-enter lunar orbit. | 所以当时无法确定推力是否足以重返月球轨道 |
[34:45] | You share in that concern? | 你也担心这个问题吗 |
[34:46] | Well, it wasn’t within NASA’s safety margins. | 当时的情况确实不符合宇航局的安全标准 |
[34:51] | You were a naval test pilot, were you not, Commander? At Pax River. | 你曾是海军试飞员吧 指挥官 在帕图森河服役 |
[34:56] | I was, sir. | 没错 先生 |
[34:57] | And when was playing it safe part of being a test pilot? | 试飞员何时需要考虑安全性问题了 |
[35:02] | Never, sir. | 不需要 先生 |
[35:04] | You pushed and you pushed for Apollo 10 to land on the moon, didn’t you? | 你之前极力主张驾驶阿波罗10号登月吧 |
[35:08] | Well, during planning, yes, sir. I pushed for us to land. | 是的 先生 我在研讨时极力主张着陆 |
[35:12] | And you were overruled by Wernher von Braun. | 但被沃纳·冯布朗否决了 |
[35:15] | Well, it was ultimately his decision to view Apollo 10 as a trial run for 11. | 最终是他决定让阿波罗10号为11号探路 |
[35:22] | But were it not for him, | 但若不是他 |
[35:24] | you would’ve been the first man to set foot on the moon, right? | 你本能成为登月第一人吧 |
[35:40] | It’s not that simple, sir. | 没这么简单 先生 |
[35:45] | It’s not– I’m sorry? | 没… 你说什么 |
[35:50] | Well, it’s true von Braun made the call on the ground, but… | 确实是冯布朗在地面指挥 但是… |
[35:56] | when we were up in lunar orbit… | 我们当时绕月飞行时… |
[36:00] | I knew I could bring the LEM safely down to the surface. | 我心知能将登月舱安全降落在月表 |
[36:12] | I mean, we were so close. | 我们离得很近了 |
[36:14] | Snoopy, Houston. We put you one minute ahead of the timeline. | 史努比号 这里是休斯顿 你们有一分钟的空闲 |
[36:18] | Take a minute and enjoy the view, gentlemen. | 趁机欣赏一下风景吧 两位 |
[36:20] | Roger that, Houston. We got the best seat in the house. | 收到 休斯顿 前排看景 视野上佳啊 |
[36:26] | All I had to do was hit Engine Arm, Descent… | 我那时只需放下引擎架 开始下降… |
[36:31] | let the burn run all the way to completion. | 用尽燃料 就可着陆 |
[36:33] | Except that wasn’t your mission, Commander. | 可着陆不在任务计划范围内 指挥官 |
[36:36] | I mean, von Braun, you know, he made it very clear that that was not– | 冯布朗明确表示不可以… |
[36:39] | After launch, it’s my ship to command. | 飞船发射后 我就是指挥官 |
[36:45] | There’s boulders in every one of those little– little craters. You see that? | 环形山上好多石头 你瞧 |
[36:50] | On the ridge. | 月脊上也是 |
[36:52] | Boulders are black, but whatever’s ejected out of them is white. | 石头是黑色 但喷出物却是白色 |
[36:56] | White, but… still some black around them. | 白色 但周身环绕着黑色 |
[37:01] | It almost looks windblown down there, right? | 似乎有风在吹动 |
[37:06] | What a place. | 真神奇 |
[37:10] | Snoopy, Houston. | 史努比号 这里是休斯顿 |
[37:12] | Hate to rain on your parade, but that’s as close as you get this trip. | 抱歉打断你们观景 但本次旅途结束了 |
[37:15] | Time to head for the barn. | 该返回了 |
[37:17] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[37:19] | Heading for the barn. | 返回 |
[37:21] | I wanna just reach down there and scoop up a handful of moon dust. | 我好想伸手抓一把月尘啊 |
[37:29] | Engine Arm, Ascent. | 抬起引擎架 升空 |
[37:33] | Abort Descent Stage. | 终止下降 |
[37:36] | Three, two, one… | 三 二 一 |
[37:45] | Skipper? | 怎么了 |
[37:50] | And if I would’ve said we can land, | 如果我当时要求着陆 |
[37:52] | I knew Gene would’ve backed me. | 吉恩肯定会支持我 |
[37:54] | Just like he backed Neil on 11. | 就像他支持尼尔驾驶阿波罗11号着陆一样 |
[38:01] | It was maybe a few seconds… | 虽然想法一闪而过 |
[38:07] | but I knew I could’ve flown her right down to the deck. | 但我心知能够安全着陆月球 |
[38:24] | Abort Descent Stage. | 终止下降 |
[38:25] | Three, two, one… | 三 二 一 |
[38:42] | And I almost did. | 我差点就成功了 |
[38:49] | But I pulled back. | 但我退缩了 |
[38:53] | And it was my call… | 放弃是我的决定 |
[38:57] | no one else’s. | 不怪任何人 |
[39:10] | Hang on, now. | 等一下 |
[39:12] | You said– | 你曾说… |
[39:14] | Just hang on a minute. | 先打住 |
[39:17] | You said– Here! Right here. | 你之前不是这么说啊 |
[39:18] | You said, | 你曾说 |
[39:20] | “We don’t have guts at NASA anymore. That’s why we lost the moon.” | “宇航局现在没胆冒险了 所以才会被苏联抢先登月” |
[39:24] | Now what are you saying? | 现在怎么改口了呢 |
[39:25] | Now you’re saying, “I could’ve landed. I just didn’t”? | 现在又变成 “本有机会着陆 可我没把握住” |
[39:31] | I think about it every day, sir. | 我每天都在思考这件事 先生 |
[39:33] | Whether it was the right call or not. | 思考我是否做出了正确的决定 |
[39:37] | Ten years ago when I was in flight test, | 十年前 我当试飞员时 |
[39:41] | maybe I would’ve said, “Hell with it.” | 可能不会考虑这么多 |
[39:44] | Brought the LEM down. | 直接就着陆了 |
[39:45] | But up there I wasn’t just some test pilot trying to break another record. | 但绕月飞行时 我不再是只想打破纪录的试飞员了 |
[39:54] | I was the commander of Apollo 10. | 我当时是阿波罗10号的指挥官 |
[40:00] | So if this committee is looking for someone to blame… | 如果委员会想找人背锅 |
[40:04] | don’t look to von Braun or Neil or anyone else. | 别打冯布朗或者尼尔他们的主意了 |
[40:11] | You look to me. | 冲我来吧 |
[40:15] | I lost the moon. | 我错失了登月先机 |
[40:28] | Right. | 好吧 |
[40:29] | Thank you, Commander. That’ll be all for today. Thank you. | 谢谢你 指挥官 今天到此结束 谢谢 |
[40:32] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢各位 |
[40:54] | The new rocket can carry over one million pounds into Earth orbit. | 新火箭可携带一百多万磅升空 |
[40:58] | Nearly four times the payload of the Saturn V. | 载重接近土星五号的四倍 |
[41:03] | This is possible… | 有可能… |
[41:04] | So you just weren’t gonna tell me? | 你都没打算跟我商量一下 |
[41:10] | What do you want me to say, Gordo? | 我能怎么说 戈登 |
[41:11] | It wasn’t just your decision to make, Ed. | 那不是你一个人的决定 爱德 |
[41:13] | I was up there too. | 我当时也在飞船上 |
[41:17] | Did it ever even occur to you to ask me what I thought? | 你想过问问我的意见吗 |
[41:19] | Pushing the envelope. That’s what all this is about. | 不是说好要挑战极限吗 |
[41:21] | Or did you just forget that? | 难道你忘了吗 |
[41:23] | Right now it should be you and me doing all these ticker tape parades. | 本该由我们俩前去执行任务 |
[41:26] | Instead I’m backing up Pete Conrad on 12. | 现在倒好 我成了皮特·康拉德飞12号的替补宇航员 |
[41:30] | Don’t blame every bad decision you’ve ever made on me. | 你做错了事 不能每次都怪在我头上啊 |
[41:34] | ‘Cause you do enough damage yourself. | 你自己就够能折腾了 |
[41:36] | What do you think it says when you wander into sim an hour late | 你模拟都能迟到 |
[41:39] | just reeking of booze and pussy? | 为了寻欢作乐不顾训练 |
[41:41] | That the American dream is alive and well. | 寻欢作乐是我们的美国梦啊 |
[41:44] | Yeah. Everything’s a goddamn joke to you, huh? | 是啊 在你眼中都是儿戏吧 |
[41:50] | At least I own what I did. | 至少我会为自己的选择负责 |
[41:52] | And what the hell’s that supposed to mean? | 什么意思 |
[41:55] | I resigned. | 我辞职了 |
[41:59] | I’m going back to the navy. | 我要回海军 |
[42:01] | You for real? | 真的吗 |
[42:06] | What are you doing drinking beer? | 那还喝什么啤酒 |
[42:09] | Pam. | 帕姆 |
[42:12] | We’re gonna need a couple of whiskeys. | 上威士忌 |
[42:22] | All right, all right, all right. | 好好好 |
[42:23] | NASA will be pressing forward. Pursuing more ambitious projects. | 宇航局将继续开拓 开展更多宏大的计划 |
[42:28] | Journeys to Mars, to Jupiter, | 向火星和木星进发 |
[42:29] | and perhaps, even deeper into the solar system. | 也许某天还能深入太阳系 |
[42:34] | Right, yeah. That’s a very impressive presentation, Director. | 好吧 讲得很好 主任 |
[42:37] | But while we sit here, | 但我们举行听证这会儿 |
[42:40] | the Soviets are pushing ahead | 苏联人正奋力推进 |
[42:42] | with their plans for a lunar military foothold. | 打造月球军事基地呢 |
[42:45] | We cannot cede the beachhead! | 我们可不能放弃争夺啊 |
[42:49] | I mean, it’s not a time for pie in the sky ideas about Mars and the solar system– | 现在不是梦想探索火星和太阳系的时候 |
[42:52] | Respectfully, Congressman. Now is precisely the time. | 恕我直言 议员 现在正是好时候 |
[42:56] | We cannot allow fear to drive us from our purpose. | 我们不能因恐惧而放弃初心 |
[42:59] | What we are seeking is the key to our future. | 太空探索关乎人类未来 |
[43:02] | We are expanding the mind of man. | 我们将拓宽人类视野 |
[43:05] | Extending this God-given brain and these God-given hands to their outermost limits. | 突破血肉之躯的极限 |
[43:09] | And in so doing, everyone will reap the harvest. | 如此 人人都将从中获益 |
[43:13] | He’s good. | 他能言善辩 |
[43:14] | Well, for someone who claims not be guided by fear, | 你满口说着不被恐惧打倒 |
[43:18] | your leadership created a culture of caution | 可阿波罗1号爆炸后 |
[43:21] | after the Apollo 1 fire, right? | 在你的领导下 宇航局做事瞻前顾后 |
[43:23] | Yes, of course. We were more cautious. | 没错 我们确实更加谨慎了 |
[43:26] | Lives were lost. | 有人牺牲了 |
[43:28] | We test, we retest, and we prepare. | 所以我们会在发射前再三检查 做足准备 |
[43:31] | Because, unlike the Soviets, | 因为我们与苏联不同 |
[43:33] | we care about the lives of our astronauts. | 我们在乎宇航员的性命 |
[43:35] | You must understand, Congressman, that this is not the end of the race. | 你得明白 议员 这不是竞赛的结束 |
[43:41] | It’s simply the first stage. | 而仅仅只是第一阶段 |
[43:42] | We must keep our eyes to the future. | 我们必须着眼于未来 |
[43:45] | As Mr. Armstrong so aptly put it, | 正如阿姆斯特朗先生所言 |
[43:48] | “We pick ourselves up and go back to work.” | “我们要站起来 继续向前” |
[43:51] | Well, if you had– If you– | 若是如此… |
[43:59] | Come here. | 过来 |
[44:04] | Okay. Sorry. Just one more thing, Director. | 抱歉 还有一件事 主任 |
[44:07] | Now, you’re such a familiar face to Americans. | 你是我们的老熟人了 |
[44:10] | Honestly, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were born in Alabama. | 讲真 要不是了解情况 我真以为你是阿拉巴马人呢 |
[44:13] | Unfortunately my accent gives me away, Congressman. | 很不幸 我的口音露馅了 议员 |
[44:20] | And most people know that during World War II, | 多数人都知道 二战期间 |
[44:23] | you built the German V-2 rocket… | 你为德国建造了V2火箭 |
[44:27] | that killed thousands of innocent Londoners. | 夺去了数万伦敦市民的性命 |
[44:32] | Well… I, of course… have great regret | 我深感痛心… |
[44:38] | that my rockets, which were born of idealism, much like the Saturn V, | 我建造火箭本是好意 正如土星五号 |
[44:46] | had joined in the business of killing. | 可不幸被用作了杀人武器 |
[44:48] | Then why– why didn’t you stop manufacturing it? | 那你当时为何不停止生产 |
[44:54] | If I may, Mr. Chairman, | 不好意思 主席先生 |
[44:56] | I’m not sure how any of this is relevant to the hearing. | 这似乎与本次听证会无关 |
[44:59] | There is– | 这… |
[45:00] | Congressman, I was not a soldier, merely an engineer. | 议员 我当时不是士兵 只是个工程师 |
[45:04] | Well, that’s interesting. | 这就有意思了 |
[45:07] | Because what most people don’t know, | 多数人都不知情 |
[45:11] | since, until very recently, it was classified as part of Operation Paperclip, | 毕竟”别针行动”曾是军事机密 |
[45:14] | is that you were also a member | 我们最近得知 你曾加入过 |
[45:16] | of the elite Nazi organization known as the SS. | 纳粹精英团体 武装党卫队 |
[45:24] | That was a matter in which I had no choice. | 我当时是身不由己 |
[45:28] | Not everybody gets invited to a photo op with the Führer. | 不是谁都能和希特勒合照啊 |
[45:33] | Dr. von Braun, only a few minutes ago, | 冯布朗博士 几分钟前 |
[45:37] | you stated that, | 你还曾说 |
[45:40] | “We care about the lives of our astronauts.” | “我们在乎宇航员的性命” |
[45:44] | Yes. | 对 |
[45:45] | And what about the lives of the workers from the Dora-Mittelbau concentration camp | 那多拉米特堡集中营里工人的性命呢 |
[45:48] | that were, in fact, building your rockets? | 他们当时为你打造火箭 |
[45:50] | Do you care about their lives? | 你在乎他们的性命吗 |
[45:52] | I saw no camp or any sort of thing like this– | 我从没见过什么集中营… |
[45:55] | You did visit the Mittelwerk factory, yeah, quite a few times. | 你曾去米特尔维克工厂视察过好几次 |
[45:59] | I visited the factory, yes. | 我确实去过工厂 |
[46:01] | Did you not wonder where all these workers came from? | 你当时难道不好奇 那些工人从何而来吗 |
[46:04] | I didn’t know. This was handled by others. | 我并不知情 此事不归我管 |
[46:07] | You must understand that I had no real authority in– | 请你理解 我并无实权… |
[46:10] | I’m sorry. Are you saying you had no authority over your own rocket factory? | 不好意思 你的火箭工厂 你说了不算吗 |
[46:14] | Well, yes. I had authority insomuch as I was chief– | 没错 作为总工程师 我确实有一定的话语权 |
[46:17] | But I never worked there. I had only visited. | 但我从未在该工厂工作过 只是曾经到访 |
[46:21] | The camp was less than half a mile | 集中营离你的火箭工厂 |
[46:24] | from the factory where you made your rockets. | 只有半英里远 |
[46:27] | So, how could you not know? | 你怎会不知情 |
[46:35] | You know, over 20,000 men and women died building your V-2. | 两万人因建造你设计的V2火箭而死 |
[46:41] | Ten times more than were killed by it as a weapon. | 这是火箭实际用作武器而造成伤亡人数的十倍 |
[46:46] | They were worked to death, | 这些人都在工厂中死去 |
[46:48] | starved, hung from machinery, shot. | 饿死 累死 被枪杀 |
[46:52] | That photograph? | 这张照片 |
[46:54] | That was taken by American soldiers upon their arrival at Dora Camp. | 是美军士兵到达多拉集中营时所拍 |
[47:00] | That’s the camp that supplied your workers, Director von Braun. | 你的工人们就被关在那个集中营 冯布朗主任 |
[47:05] | I… | 我… |
[47:09] | They paid for your scientific pursuits with their lives, sir. | 他们为你的科学探索付出了生命 先生 |
[47:17] | You knew exactly what was going on, didn’t you? | 你当时一定知情吧 |
[47:23] | And you did nothing. | 但你却放任不管 |
[47:29] | I– | 我… |
[47:32] | I had no authority. | 我说了不算 |
[47:36] | I was… limited. | 我能力有限 |
[47:39] | You– | 你… |
[47:41] | You must understand– | 你得明白… |
[47:58] | ♪ Gather ’round while I sing you of Wernher von Braun ♪ | ♪齐聚一堂 为你道来 沃纳·冯布朗♪ |
[48:03] | ♪ A man whose allegiance is ruled by expedience ♪ | ♪一张巧嘴 为己谋利♪ |
[48:07] | ♪ Call him a Nazi, he won’t even frown ♪ | ♪身为纳粹 毫无羞愧♪ |
[48:11] | ♪ “Nazi, Schmazi” says Wernher von Braun ♪ | ♪纳粹万岁 沃纳高唱♪ |
[48:18] | ♪ Some have harsh words for this man of renown ♪ | ♪有人唾弃 冷眼待他♪ |
[48:22] | ♪ But some think our attitude should be one of gratitude ♪ | ♪感激之人 大有人在♪ |
[48:26] | ♪ Like the widows and cripples in old London town ♪ | ♪伦敦的寡妇和瘸子♪ |
[48:30] | ♪ Who owe their large pensions to Wernher von Braun ♪ | ♪该谢谢冯布朗 没他怎有补偿♪ |
[48:34] | ♪ You too may be a big hero ♪ | ♪你虽是英雄♪ |
[48:37] | ♪ Once you’ve learned to count backwards to zero ♪ | ♪过往却不能归零♪ |
[48:41] | ♪ “In German, oder Englisch I know how to count down ♪ | ♪我会用德语和英语数数♪ |
[48:47] | ♪ Und I’m learning Chinese!” ♪ | ♪我还在学中文♪ |
[48:50] | ♪ Says Wernher von Braun ♪ | ♪沃纳·冯布朗高唱♪ |
[49:00] | Margo. | 玛格 |
[49:03] | Apparently, the Soviets have launched another N1… right ahead of Apollo 12. | 苏联人在阿波罗12号升空前会发射一枚N1火箭 |
[49:11] | Imagine both of them on the moon at the same time. | 他们会同时登月 |
[49:18] | Margo. | 玛格 |
[49:22] | Did you know? | 你早就知情吗 |
[49:26] | It was an ambush. | 他们给我下了套 |
[49:28] | Nixon and his lackeys, they laid a trap for me. I– | 尼克松及其走狗给我设套了 |
[49:31] | But… | 但是… |
[49:34] | is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[49:38] | How can you ask me this? | 你还用问吗 |
[49:43] | Sit down, Margo. | 过来坐 玛格 |
[49:48] | I had to keep my work moving forward. | 我当时必须继续研究 |
[49:52] | You of all people must understand this– | 你最该能明白… |
[49:54] | Your work? | 你的研究 |
[49:58] | What do you expect me to say? | 我能怎么说 |
[50:01] | “I don’t know. | “我并不知情” |
[50:03] | Maybe I could have done more.” | “也许我能救他们” |
[50:06] | But then I would probably be dead. | 但我可能早就死了 |
[50:11] | And all the things I have spent my life building, | 我用尽毕生心血建造之物 |
[50:15] | they would never have come to pass. | 就都付诸东流了 |
[50:19] | You can’t know that, what might have been. | 未发生的事情 谁也说不准 |
[50:23] | Something is or it isn’t. | 是就是 不是就不是 |
[50:28] | Remember? | 记得吧 |
[50:31] | When the war was ending… | 战争结束后 |
[50:34] | we gathered everything… | 我们把东西都收拾好 |
[50:36] | schematics, calculations, designs… | 原理图 计算数据 设计图纸… |
[50:42] | and buried it in the hills above Peenemünde | 都埋在佩内明德山了 |
[50:44] | so the Soviets couldn’t find it. | 以免被苏联人找到 |
[50:49] | I chose America to give my life’s work. | 我选择来到美国 贡献我的毕生心血 |
[50:54] | I gave them everything. | 我把全部研究都给了美国 |
[50:58] | And now I’m an old man and no longer indispensable. | 现在我老了 用不上我了 |
[51:03] | They throw me to the wolves. | 他们就想一脚把我踹开 |
[51:08] | Did you know? | 你早就知情吗 |
[51:18] | Progress is never free, Margo. | 进步总要付出代价 玛格 |
[51:25] | There’s always a cost. | 成大事 伴随着牺牲 |
[52:12] | Aleida? | 艾蕾达 |
[52:14] | Aleida! | 艾蕾达 |
[52:20] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[52:23] | What is wrong with you?! What were you thinking?! | 你怎么回事 想什么呢 |
[52:27] | I could have put it out… | 我可以扑灭… |
[52:29] | – It’s fine. – No, it’s not fine! | -别大惊小怪 -别避重就轻 |
[52:32] | Tell me, why do you keep setting these fires? | 告诉我 你为何要点火 |
[52:38] | Aleida… | 艾蕾达 |
[52:41] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[52:44] | I want… | 我想… |
[52:49] | I want to be inside the fire. | 我想在火中 |
[52:58] | But… | 但是… |
[52:59] | Why would you want to be inside the fire? | 你为什么想要去火中呢 |
[53:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[53:07] | It’s okay, it’s okay… | 没事 没事了 |
[53:20] | I want to show you something. | 带你看样东西 |
[53:46] | Tu mamá… | 你妈妈 |
[53:49] | she had a dream of what your future could be. | 她生前曾憧憬过你未来大展拳脚 |
[53:53] | That’s why we came here. | 所以我们才会来到美国 |
[53:57] | I miss her. | 我想她了 |
[53:59] | I know. | 我懂 |
[54:01] | I miss her too, mija. | 我也想她了 宝贝 |
[54:21] | You know, maybe one day, Aleida, you’ll build a fire inside one of these. | 艾蕾达 也许你将来能为火箭点火呢 |
[54:37] | 阿波罗12号发射日 1969年9月19日 | |
[54:38] | I have been informed by Dr. Kissinger that, | 基辛格博士最近告知我 |
[54:41] | thanks to our recent military operations, | 得益于近期的军事行动 |
[54:44] | we may be within reach of an honorable peace with the North Vietnamese. | 我们或将与北越达成和解 |
[54:48] | I have instructed him to begin negotiations with Lê Ðuc Tho | 我已命他与黎德寿开展和谈 |
[54:52] | so that we may focus our efforts and resources | 这样一来 我们就能将精力和资源 |
[54:55] | on the new challenges facing our nation. | 投入到我国面临的新挑战上了 |
[54:58] | And on this momentous day, as Apollo 12 readies to begin the search | 今天值得纪念 阿波罗12号准备升空 |
[55:03] | for the location of the first American lunar base, | 为美国首个月球基地选址 |
[55:06] | I commit that we will do whatever it takes. | 我承诺将不惜一切代价 |
[55:09] | We will bear any burden to secure our place in the heavens, | 我们将不遗余力赢下太空竞赛 |
[55:13] | and bring the fight for freedom to the new frontier. | 在新疆域继续为自由而战 |
[55:16] | We are on time for our planned liftoff of 32 minutes past the hour. | 火箭将于1点32分发射 |
[55:21] | Test supervisor now going through some status checks. | 检测员正进行最后的检查 |
[55:24] | Okay. Here we go. | 开始了 |
[55:26] | Give me status, people. | 汇报情况 各位 |
[55:27] | – Booster? – Go. | -助推系统工程师 -准备就绪 |
[55:29] | – Retro. – Go, Flight. | -制动点火员 -准备就绪 总指挥 |
[55:31] | – Fido. – Go. | -飞航动态员 -准备就绪 |
[55:32] | – Guido. – Go, Flight. | -导航员 -准备就绪 指挥官 |
[55:34] | – Eecom. – Go. | -电气环境消耗品管理员 -准备就绪 |
[55:36] | – Gnc. – Good to go, Flight. | -导航飞行控制系统工程师 -一切就绪 总指挥 |
[55:38] | Launch control, this is Houston. | 发射中心 这里是休斯顿 |
[55:40] | We are go for launch of Apollo 12. | 阿波罗12号发射准备就绪 |
[55:43] | Go for launch. | 准备发射 |
[55:45] | Ten, nine, eight, ignition sequence has started, | 十 九 八 点火程序启动 |
[55:49] | six, five, four, three, two, one. | 六 五 四 三 二 一 |
[55:59] | All engines running. | 全部引擎启动 |
[56:07] | Liftoff. We have a liftoff! | 起飞 起飞了 |
[56:09] | Thirty-two minutes past the hour. | 1点32分 |
[56:19] | Tower cleared! | 飞离发射塔 |
[56:27] | Yeah, we got a roll program. | 转动程序启动 |
[56:29] | Roger! I’ve got the pitch and roll program, and this baby’s really going. | 收到 火箭开始调整方向 运转正常 |
[56:34] | Roger, Pete. Forty seconds. | 收到 皮特 还有40秒 |
[56:36] | Mark one, bravo. | 1B调试 |
[56:38] | First stage tank pressures, all nominal. | 一级油箱压力正常 |
[56:41] | Altitude a mile and a half. | 海拔1.5英里 |
[56:48] | FIDO, how we looking? | 飞航动态如何 |
[56:49] | FIDO is good, Flight. Right down the middle. | 飞航动态平稳 总指挥 沿预定轨道飞行 |
[56:53] | Good. | 很好 |
[57:33] | – Here you go. – Thanks, Karen. | -给你们 -谢谢 凯伦 |
[57:46] | How you holding up? | 你怎么样 |
[57:48] | Just fine. And how’s everybody at MSC? | 还行吧 马歇尔航天中心的各位怎么样 |
[57:53] | This whole von Braun mess was a real black eye. | 因为冯布朗受到了重创 |
[57:57] | And now Nixon’s got us putting all hands on deck for this military lunar outpost. | 尼克松命我们全力建造月球军事基地 |
[58:01] | Dark days. | 真惨 |
[58:05] | What can I do for you, Deke? | 找我有事吗 迪克 |
[58:09] | I brought you something. | 我给你带来一样东西 |
[58:14] | Couldn’t figure out what to do with the damn thing. | 我不知道该怎么处理 |
[58:27] | I almost threw it away when Leonov landed, | 列昂诺夫登月时 我一气之下差点扔掉 |
[58:29] | but I couldn’t quite bring myself to. | 但还是没忍心 |
[58:34] | “Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the moon. | “人类初次登月” |
[58:38] | We came in peace for all mankind.” | “为了全人类的和平” |
[58:47] | Presidents come and go, Ed, but we’re the ones carrying the fire. | 总统总会下台 爱德 但我们会一直坚守 |
[58:54] | It took a lot of guts, what you did up there in DC. | 你敢在华府听证会讲那番话 真够胆 |
[58:59] | I need guys like you around for what’s coming down the pike. | 未来的任务 还需要你这样的人 |
[59:02] | I’m not coming back to sit behind a desk. | 我绝不回去坐冷板凳 |
[59:05] | No, you’re not. | 不会 |
[59:10] | What exactly does that mean? | 你什么意思 |
[59:12] | It means you’re back on Apollo 15. | 你可以继续飞阿波罗15号了 |
[59:15] | Wait– Are you– | 等下 你… |
[59:16] | Ed, maybe just once, shut the fuck up. | 爱德 就这一次 闭嘴吧 |
[59:19] | You’re going back to the moon. | 你可以重返月球了 |
[59:30] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[59:34] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[59:36] | I’m sorry. Hon, Deke, | 抱歉打断 亲爱的 迪克 |
[59:40] | you guys should come and see this. | 你们该过来看看 |
[59:46] | And even now, while Apollo 12 is hurtling towards the moon, | 此刻 阿波罗12号正向月球飞去 |
[59:50] | the Soviets have upped the ante in the space race once again. | 而苏联人再次加高了太空竞赛的赌注 |
[59:54] | The video is coming in now. | 画面已经传过来了 |
[59:58] | There’s the cosmonaut now, descending the ladder. | 一名宇航员正在爬下着陆舱 |
[1:00:04] | There we have it. | 看到了 |
[1:00:06] | The cosmonaut is now on the lunar surface. | 这名宇航员已经登上了月表 |
[1:00:13] | It’s a woman. | 是个女人 |
[1:00:16] | Ladies and gentlemen, it’s been confirmed that it’s a woman. | 女士们 先生们 已经确认是一名女性 |
[1:00:19] | Her name is Anastasia Belikova, | 她叫安娜斯塔西娅·贝利科娃 |
[1:00:23] | a former pilot in the Soviet Air Forces. | 曾是苏联空军飞行员 |
[1:00:28] | What a truly, truly historic moment for women watching across the world. | 对全世界观看这一幕的女性意义非凡 |
[1:00:35] | The 32-year-old Soviet cosmonaut has become the first woman to set foot on the moon. | 这位32岁的苏联宇航员成为了第一个登月的女性 |