时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | 加利福尼亚 吉莱斯皮 1961年 | |
[00:32] | – Besides the backfire, how was she? – Real sweet, Murph. | -除了回火 飞机还不错吧 -很棒 墨菲 |
[00:37] | It’s no X-15, but she handles like a real beaut. | 虽然和X15没法比 但表现已经很出色了 |
[00:39] | – Yeah, she’s cherry. – Chaddie. You piece of shit. | -确实很棒 -查迪 小王八蛋 |
[00:42] | They’ll let anyone land a plane in this godforsaken town. | 在这儿降落根本没人管 |
[00:44] | Yeah. Navy still handing out wings like candy, I see. | 是啊 看来海军战机很多啊 |
[00:47] | – My bad. – Pardon me. | -抱歉 -不好意思 |
[00:49] | – No, that was my fault. – Sorry. | -都怪我 -对不起 |
[00:54] | – Weren’t you– – The Tumbler Inn. Friday night. | -你是不是… -周五晚在汤不热酒馆见过 |
[00:57] | You were with your friend. | 你当时和朋友在一起 |
[00:59] | – Likes the two-step? Yeah? – Yeah, she likes to have fun. | -她两步舞跳得很欢 -是啊 她玩得很开 |
[01:01] | – Yeah, there’s nothing wrong with that. – No. | -没毛病 -是啊 |
[01:03] | – So, what are you doing here? – So, what are you doing here? | -你怎么在这儿 -你怎么在这儿 |
[01:07] | – You first. – I was just– | -男士优先 -我就是… |
[01:09] | What’s a pretty girl like you doing all the way out here? | 你这种美妞怎么会来这种地方 |
[01:12] | – Your boyfriend a pilot or something? – No. No. | -你男友是飞行员吗 -不是 |
[01:16] | I came here by myself. | 我自己来的 |
[01:18] | Always wanted to learn how to fly. | 我一直想学开飞机 |
[01:20] | Come on. | 少来 |
[01:21] | What? Pretty girls can’t be pilots? | 怎么 漂亮妹子不能做飞行员吗 |
[01:23] | Well, I suppose they can. I just, I don’t know any who want to. | 能是能 但没人想做吧 |
[01:27] | Well, you do now. | 我就想啊 |
[01:30] | I’ve always wanted to learn how to fly, ever since I was a kid. | 我从小就想学开飞机 |
[01:37] | Say, you wouldn’t happen to know any instructors, would you? | 你认识飞行教练吗 |
[01:41] | Someone that could give a girl her first lesson? | 给我启蒙一下 |
[01:50] | Just gonna ease it into a nice altitude for ya. | 我先帮你调整好高度 |
[01:55] | There you go. | 好了 |
[01:59] | Best seat in the house. | 最佳观景位置 |
[02:00] | Never gets old. | 屡试不爽 |
[02:08] | You’re gonna let me fly? Now? | 现在就让我飞吗 |
[02:10] | You gotta start sometime. | 总得自己动手试试 |
[02:11] | Don’t worry about a thing, okay? | 别担心 |
[02:13] | I’m right here with ya. | 我在呢 |
[02:16] | Push in. | 推近 |
[02:19] | Houses get bigger. | 房屋越来越大 |
[02:23] | Pull back. | 拉回 |
[02:26] | Houses get smaller. | 房屋越来越小 |
[02:29] | Let’s level that off. | 平稳飞行 |
[02:32] | There you go. | 很好 |
[02:35] | Okay, your turn. | 换你了 |
[02:39] | Okay, here I go. | 我试试 |
[02:42] | Back. Houses are smaller. | 拉回 房屋越来越小 |
[02:49] | Okay, so you see how you’re starting to lose speed? | 飞机就快停了 |
[02:53] | Okay, push down. | 踩下去 |
[02:57] | Push down on the wheel. We’ll go a little bit faster. | 踩油门 加加速 |
[03:00] | – Is this what’s called a stall? – That’s it. | -这就是”停滞”吗 -没错 |
[03:02] | Down, honey. Down on the… Push the wheel in. | 踩油门 亲爱的 踩油门 |
[03:06] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[03:24] | Well, did I do it right, Mister Navy Pilot Man? | 我飞得不错吧 “海军飞行员”先生 |
[03:31] | Shit. | 我去 |
[03:37] | Do that again. | 再来一次 |
[03:56] | How long you been flying? | 你飞了多久了 |
[03:58] | 725 hours. If anyone’s counting. | 算起来 有725个小时了 |
[04:01] | You really had me going. | 差点被你骗了 |
[04:06] | Why the whole… Why not just… | 为什么… 何不直接… |
[05:33] | Americans across the political spectrum are asking, | 各党派人士都在问 |
[05:36] | “Are American women falling behind their counterparts in the Soviet Union?” | “美国女性是否落后于苏联女性了” |
[05:40] | This in the wake of the moon landing of female cosmonaut, Anastasia Belikova, | 此疑问由苏联女性宇航员安娜斯塔西娅·贝利科娃登月引发 |
[05:44] | who has become an overnight sensation across the globe. | 贝利科娃一夜之间风靡全球 |
[05:47] | The photograph taken of her on the lunar surface, smiling in pure joy, | 她站在月表甜笑的照片 |
[05:51] | has become an iconic image, splashed across the front pages | 在世界各大报纸杂志上 |
[05:54] | of magazines and newspapers around the world. | 成为了头版头条 |
[05:56] | Belikova has been likened to Rosie the Riveter, | 贝利科娃被视为下一个”铆钉工人罗茜” |
[05:59] | up until now, a uniquely American image | 罗茜从1940年至今 |
[06:01] | that symbolized female strength in the 1940s. | 一直是代表女性力量的美国女性人物 |
[06:04] | This latest Soviet success has cast doubt on NASA’s priorities | 苏联登月的成功令人对宇航局的计划产生了怀疑 |
[06:08] | as the rest of the world celebrates | 与此同时 世界各地 |
[06:10] | the incredible moment in the history of womankind. | 都在庆祝女性历史上这一光辉的时刻 |
[06:12] | We were converting the third stage of a Saturn V into an orbiting workshop. | 我们曾打算将土星五号的三级火箭打造为绕轨工作间 |
[06:19] | Von Braun called it Skylab. | 冯布朗称之为”太空实验室” |
[06:21] | Construction is already underway in Huntsville. | 亨茨维尔已经开始建造了 |
[06:24] | But it is still early enough to change the trajectory of the conversion process. | 但现在改变主意还来得及 |
[06:29] | Current thinking is to take what would have been Skylab and strip it down. | 我们正考虑取消建造”太空实验室” |
[06:34] | Reduce the weight until we have a launchable habitat module | 减轻重量 以打造可发射的居住舱 |
[06:37] | for our new permanently-manned moon base, Moonlab. | 为新的永久月球基地”月球实验室”铺路 |
[06:40] | And how many military personnel can we fit inside that thing? | 可容纳多少士兵 |
[06:43] | Doesn’t look that big. | 看着不大啊 |
[06:45] | It’ll be manned by three astronauts at a time for the first stages | 先由三名宇航员试飞 |
[06:49] | until the kinks are ironed out, | 确保舱体一切运转正常 |
[06:50] | and then there’ll be further expansions that can include military aspects. | 然后会扩大空间 允许军队入驻 |
[06:55] | What exactly are the Pentagon’s plans in that regard? | 五角大楼有何打算 |
[07:02] | How soon will this Moonlab be ready? | “月球实验室”何时能完工 |
[07:05] | Two years, give or take. | 差不多两年吧 |
[07:07] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[07:10] | You know, first we have to find a place to land the damn thing. | 我们得先选址 |
[07:14] | Apollos 13, 14 and 15 are being re-tasked | 阿波罗13 14 15号的任务都有所调整 |
[07:17] | to survey for potential sites for the base. | 为基地考察合适的位置 |
[07:20] | And then we have to analyze those results. | 我们还得对结果进行分析 |
[07:22] | We look at geology, we do trade studies, resource budgeting, system analysis. | 考虑地理因素 权衡取舍 做好预算 系统分析 |
[07:26] | Change of plans, gentlemen. | 计划有变 各位 |
[07:28] | I thought you weren’t back until tomorrow. | 你不是明天才回吗 |
[07:30] | No, I wasn’t, but the boss threw me a curve, | 本来是 但上面给我出了个难题 |
[07:32] | and I thought I better get back ASAP. | 我觉得还是尽早回来跟你们商量比较好 |
[07:35] | Could you give us a minute, General? | 能回避一下吗 将军 |
[07:47] | Well, this can’t be good. | 肯定不是好事 |
[07:49] | Not if it involves Shorty Powers, it can’t. | “矮个”鲍沃斯出现 肯定没好事 |
[07:51] | I am so misunderstood. | 我好冤啊 |
[07:53] | The president feels it’s of national importance that America equals the Soviets | 总统认为 美国与苏联比肩是重中之重 |
[07:57] | in its great achievement of landing a woman on the moon. | 我们也要派女性宇航员登月 |
[08:00] | You mean his poll numbers are down with women. | 他的女性民调支持率下降了吧 |
[08:04] | To this end, Nixon wants us to put a woman on the moon. | 为此 尼克松要我们派女性登月 |
[08:08] | – Preferably a blonde. – You can’t be serious. | -最好是金发妞 -别异想天开了 |
[08:10] | – What about Moonlab? – What about what? | -那”月球实验室”呢 -什么 |
[08:12] | Our lunar base. | 我们的月球基地 |
[08:13] | That’s a terrible name. | 这名字太难听了 |
[08:15] | This is bullshit, Tom. | 简直是胡扯 汤姆 |
[08:17] | We’re on track to actually beat the Soviets for a change. We can’t keep– | 我们很有可能抢先苏联建立基地 不能总变… |
[08:21] | Establishing a base on the moon is still our top priority, | 建立基地依然是头等大事 |
[08:24] | but so is putting a female astronaut on the moon. | 但派女宇航员登月也一样重要 |
[08:26] | They’re both top priority. Co-top priorities. | 都是要务 双头等要务 |
[08:31] | Anybody tell the president that we don’t have any female astronauts? | 总统不知道我们没有女性宇航员吗 |
[08:35] | Well, I think he’s aware. | 他应该知道 |
[08:36] | Every newspaper, magazine, talk show and newscast | 报纸 杂志 访谈 广播 |
[08:39] | is pointing it out on a daily basis. | 每天无不在提醒他这个事实 |
[08:41] | Can’t just put a woman on the moon. She has to be an astronaut. | 不能随便找个女人登月 必须是货真价实的宇航员才行 |
[08:44] | There are procedures, training, tests. | 还要经过一系列的筛查 训练 测验 |
[08:48] | And I can’t just train one woman. | 而且不能只有一个人选 |
[08:49] | I’ll need at least 20 candidates to find one who can pass muster. | 至少需要20名候选人 择优选择一位 |
[08:53] | For God’s sake, Deke. | 天呐 迪克 |
[08:55] | This is just something to throw the women’s libbers and The New York Times. | 此举只是想堵住女权主义者和纽约时报的嘴 |
[08:57] | You don’t need to go through the whole rigmarole. | 别搞得那么复杂 |
[08:59] | Just find a nice-enough looking lady pilot, put her in a space suit, | 找个漂亮女飞行员 穿上太空服 |
[09:03] | teach her to walk down the goddamn ladder, and take her picture. | 教她走下梯子登月 拍张照片 就完事了 |
[09:05] | Nobody gets into a spacecraft in this program that I haven’t certified. | 未经我同意 谁也别想随便塞人上天 |
[09:11] | The second that changes, my resignation will be on your desk. | 若不同意 我就辞职 |
[09:17] | I don’t think any of us, including the president, would enjoy the bad press | 在场各位以及总统 都不会希望这样 |
[09:21] | that would result from Mr. Slayton’s resignation. | 斯莱顿先生辞职 必会引发媒体口诛笔伐 |
[09:23] | It’s fine. | 行吧 |
[09:24] | You wanna train 20 women to find one? Go right ahead. | 你想20选1 那就选吧 |
[09:37] | The press called them the Mercury 13. | 媒体称之为”水星13金花” |
[09:39] | Each was an experienced pilot | 她们都是经验丰富的飞行员 |
[09:41] | with hundreds or thousands of hours of flight time. | 飞行时间从几百到几千小时不等 |
[09:44] | Each passed the entire battery of physical and psychological tests | 她们都通过了心理和体质测试 |
[09:47] | given the original Mercury Seven male astronauts. | 接受了和当初”水星七郎”男宇航员同样的测试 |
[09:49] | Program was killed before they could attend flight training in Pensacola. | 她们还未前往彭萨克拉接受飞行训练 计划就取消了 |
[09:54] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[09:55] | John Glenn really hated that whole thing. | 约翰·格伦当年极力反对培训女性宇航员 |
[09:57] | Well, Glenn’s not flying anymore. | 格伦已经不是宇航员了 |
[09:59] | And he’s a Democrat, so his opinion doesn’t matter. | 况且他还是民主党人 就不必在意他了 |
[10:02] | Are any of these ladies still flying? What was this? Ten years ago? | 她们中还有人继续飞行吗 这是十年前的事了吧 |
[10:05] | It was shut down seven years ago. | 计划七年前终止 |
[10:07] | And of the 13 pilots, exactly two are still flying. | 13名飞行员中 还有2人继续飞行 |
[10:10] | The rest stopped because of kids, husbands, that sort of thing. | 其他人都因为孩子 丈夫等纷纷停飞了 |
[10:13] | Who’s left? | 还剩下哪两人 |
[10:17] | Molly Cobb. | 莫莉·科布 |
[10:18] | Set aviation records for long-distance solo flight, | 创造了长距离单人驾驶飞行记录 |
[10:21] | won several racing awards, qualified in single and multi-engine aircraft, | 获得多个飞行竞赛奖 单双引擎飞行都很拿手 |
[10:24] | and was first in her class in Mercury 13, | 在”水星13金花”中 排名第一 |
[10:27] | but she’s not really what the president’s looking for. | 但她不符合总统的要求 |
[10:30] | The hell does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[10:34] | I mean, she’s a bit rough around the edges. | 她长相有点凶 |
[10:37] | We need Marlo Thomas, not Danny Thomas. | 我们要找金发芭比 可不是金刚芭比 |
[10:39] | Jesus Christ, Shorty. This isn’t a beauty contest. | 天呐 “矮个” 我们又不是在选美 |
[10:41] | I’m telling you, the president is gonna want a more enticing woman | 总统想找个魅力十足的女性 |
[10:46] | to be America’s first Moon Maiden. | 来做美国第一个”月球女郎” |
[10:47] | “Moon Maiden”? | “月球女郎” |
[10:49] | – I’m working on a press release. – Keep working. | -名字还没确定 -继续想吧 |
[10:51] | Well, maybe she’ll get lucky and wash out in favor of a Playmate of the Month. | 要是选《花花公子》当月女郎 她肯定不够格 |
[10:54] | But for now… | 但做宇航员候选绰绰有余 |
[11:02] | Patty Doyle. | 帕蒂·道尔 |
[11:04] | Only other member of the Mercury 13 still flying, mainly helicopters. | “水星13金花”还在飞行的另一人 主要飞直升机 |
[11:08] | She passed the Mercury test with flying colors. | 她出色地通过了水星测试 |
[11:11] | Finished second in her class behind Cobb. | 仅次于科布 排名第二 |
[11:14] | She’ll do. | 这个可以 |
[11:25] | Danielle Poole. | 丹妮尔·普尔 |
[11:28] | Twenty-five years old, has a bachelor’s of math and science– | 25岁 持有数学和理学学士学位 |
[11:32] | Perfect. She’s in. | 完美 就她了 |
[11:33] | Hang on. I’m not letting her in just because she’s black. | 等等 不能因为她是黑人 就放水啊 |
[11:37] | That’s exactly why you’re letting her in. | 正因如此 才得放水呢 |
[11:38] | I do not need Jesse Jackson up my ass | 我既不想被杰西·杰克逊找麻烦 |
[11:41] | or Ralph Abernathy back here with his damn mules making all that commotion. | 又不想惹得拉尔夫·阿伯纳西掀起抗议 |
[11:45] | This time we’re getting ahead of the story. | 这次 我们要防患于未然 |
[11:47] | She’s got 1,500 hours in the air, a commercial pilot’s license, | 她飞行过1500小时 持有商用飞机驾驶证 |
[11:51] | and she already works here at NASA. | 她现在还是宇航局的员工 |
[11:54] | She’s an engineer over with the computer ladies. | 她是一名电脑工程师 |
[11:57] | You see? | 不错吧 |
[12:02] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:11] | Okay, that’s our group then. | 就这么定了 |
[12:14] | Not quite. | 还不行 |
[12:16] | Great. Now what? | “真棒” 又怎么了 |
[12:20] | Just got off the phone with Ron Ziegler. | 刚跟罗恩·齐格勒通完电话 |
[12:21] | Who? | 谁 |
[12:23] | White House press secretary. This won’t be good either. | 白宫新闻发言人 也没好事 |
[12:27] | Ziegler remembered this article from a couple years ago | 齐格勒记起了几年前的一篇报道 |
[12:29] | and showed it to the president, who thought it was a great idea. | 总统看完觉得是个好主意 |
[12:32] | Thought what was a great idea? | 什么好主意 |
[12:34] | 空中之恋 飞行员史蒂文斯夫妇 | |
[12:38] | Gordo will lose his mind. | 戈登肯定会跳脚 |
[12:39] | Be serious, Shorty. | 别闹了 “矮子” |
[12:41] | I am. I mean, let’s face it. | 我很严肃 认清现实吧 |
[12:42] | We do not have one John Glenn in that group, and it’s not even close. | 这几人都不出彩 没有约翰·格伦的感染力 |
[12:45] | I don’t know. A couple of them look like they’re starting to lose their hair. | 这可不好说 脱发再严重点就和格伦很接近了 |
[12:50] | Who in this group is the all-American girl? | 这些人中 哪一个是典型的美国女性 |
[12:54] | The one people are gonna love and take into their hearts | 会受人喜爱 让人印象深刻 |
[12:56] | and feel good about doing it? | 并且乐意效仿 |
[12:58] | John Glenn wasn’t “John Glenn” until he became “John Glenn.” | 约翰·格伦也是后来才家喻户晓 受人爱戴啊 |
[13:02] | John Glenn was always “John Glenn.” | 约翰·格伦一直极具个人魅力 |
[13:03] | And that’s why he was chosen for Mercury. | 正因如此才会入选水星计划 |
[13:05] | If the president wants Tracy Stevens, then Tracy Stevens he will have. | 总统想要特蕾西·史蒂文斯 那就让她试试 |
[13:09] | America’s space couple. | 美国的宇航员夫妇 |
[13:11] | That’s Gordo’s wife. | 那是戈登的妻子 |
[13:13] | She’s a mother, for Chrissake. How’s she gonna manage that? | 天呐 她都有孩子了 怎么顾得过来 |
[13:16] | Get her a nanny. | 请个保姆 |
[13:17] | – What if she says no? – Change her mind. | -万一她拒绝呢 -那就说服她 改变主意 |
[13:19] | – What if she flunks out? – See that she doesn’t. | -万一她通不过测试呢 -暗箱操作 |
[13:21] | I make the crew selections. I thought that was clear. | 我负责选人 不是说好了吗 |
[13:25] | I didn’t say put her on a crew. I said don’t flunk her out. | 我没让你选她啊 别把她刷掉就行了 |
[13:28] | She can be the goddamn mascot for all I care. But she’s in. | 当个吉祥物也行 反正得让她加入 |
[13:32] | You think Gordo’s gonna be all right with his wife working the same place he does? | 戈登怎么会同意让妻子和他一起共事 |
[13:37] | How’d you like to see Barbara in the hallways, Tom? | 要是芭芭拉来这儿工作 你愿意吗 汤姆 |
[13:39] | Or Mary? | 玛丽呢 |
[13:42] | Not to mention his… shenanigans. | 而且这小子很多花花肠子 |
[13:45] | Come on. We can’t do this. | 别这样 不行啊 |
[13:49] | Just give him something he wants. Make it worth his while. | 他想要什么 给他就是了 堵住他的嘴 |
[13:51] | I don’t care what you have to do. Just do it. She’s in. | 随你怎么做 反正她必须加入 |
[14:26] | I think maybe Tracy and I need to discuss this in private | 我和特蕾西得私下商量一下 |
[14:30] | before, you know, we arrive at anything definite. | 然后才能做决定 |
[14:33] | Yes. | 我加入 |
[14:35] | Sorry, hon? | 什么 亲爱的 |
[14:38] | Yes, I’ll do it. | 我加入 |
[14:40] | – Great news. – There’s my girl. | -真棒 -太好了 |
[14:43] | Everyone’s going to be very happy to hear that, Tracy. | 大家都会很高兴 特蕾西 |
[14:46] | – Welcome aboard. – I won’t let you down, Deke. | -欢迎加入 -我不会让你失望 迪克 |
[14:49] | No worries there, Tracy. | 这点不必担心 特蕾西 |
[14:52] | See you back at the ranch. | 宇航局见 |
[15:00] | Holy shit. | 天呐 |
[15:02] | Look at you. Astronaut candidate Tracy Stevens. | 瞧瞧你 宇航员候选人 特蕾西·史蒂文斯 |
[15:05] | That is crazy. I mean, wow. | 太不可思议了 |
[15:12] | So, you’re just okay with this? | 你没意见吗 |
[15:15] | Sure. Why wouldn’t I be? | 没有啊 怎么会有意见呢 |
[15:16] | I mean, if you think it’s a good idea, then I’m all for it. | 只要你想做 我全力支持 |
[15:20] | – What’s Deke giving you? – Huh? No, Deke– I mean, you know Deke. | -迪克给了你什么好处 -没有啊 你知道迪克这人 |
[15:25] | He gave you a slot. | 他同意让你飞 |
[15:27] | He doesn’t throw out crew slots willy-nilly. | 他才不会随便让人飞天呢 |
[15:29] | I mean, he’s a son of a bitch on that front. | 他选人可铁面无私了 |
[15:31] | Let me tell you. | 是这样 |
[15:32] | He… | 他… |
[15:34] | – Fifteen. He gave me slot on Apollo 15. – There it is. Yeah. | -15 他让我飞阿波罗15号 -我猜也是 |
[15:37] | That does not matter right now. | 这不重要 |
[15:39] | What’s important is you. | 你才是重点 |
[15:42] | You’re gonna be an astronaut candidate. | 你要成为宇航员候选人了 |
[15:45] | No. I’m gonna be an astronaut. | 不 我会成为宇航员 |
[15:51] | One day I’m gonna have one of those pins on my collar just like you. | 总有一天 我会像你一样佩戴宇航员徽章 |
[15:57] | Someone’s got a fire up her ass. | 口气很大啊 |
[16:00] | I like it. A lot. | 我爱你这股劲儿 |
[16:04] | We should celebrate. Steaks at the Lamplighter. | 我们该去点灯人牛排店庆祝一下 |
[16:11] | No, let’s try the new Chinese place. I’ll go get dressed. | 去新开的中餐馆试试吧 我去换衣服 |
[16:13] | Come on, you look great. | 别啊 你这身就挺好 |
[16:16] | I’ll only be a minute. | 很快就好 |
[16:42] | And although NASA has not released the names of the female candidates | 虽然宇航局并未公布 |
[16:45] | accepted to the program, | 女候选人的名单 |
[16:47] | we’ve learned that one of the ladies | 但我们得知 |
[16:49] | is none other than the wife of astronaut Gordon “Gordo” Stevens. | 其中一人是戈登·史蒂文斯宇航员的妻子 |
[16:55] | Mrs. Stevens was a pilot herself when she met her future husband, | 史蒂文斯太太与丈夫相遇时 曾是一名飞行员 |
[16:59] | a story chronicled in Look magazine | 《观察报》曾报道过他们的恋爱故事 |
[17:03] | under the heading “Love in the Skies.” | 标题是”天空之恋” |
[17:07] | May I please be excused? | 我可以走了吗 |
[17:10] | – Yes, you may. – Thank you. | -可以 -谢谢 |
[17:14] | I mean, it’s just embarrassing, Ed. | 简直丢人现眼 爱德 |
[17:20] | Orders, you know. Straight from the top. | 上面有令 不得不从啊 |
[17:24] | So, Tracy Stevens is gonna fly in space? | 特蕾西·史蒂文斯要飞上太空了 |
[17:28] | Deke’s call, you know? | 最后能不能飞 迪克说了算 |
[17:30] | I heard he threatened to resign if they took crew selection away from him. | 我听说 他以辞职威胁才把选人大权握在手中 |
[17:33] | Well, you don’t seem very bothered by it. | 你好像并不介意啊 |
[17:35] | I mean… | 这个吧… |
[17:39] | Not really my concern, you know? I’m focused on 15. | 我不太关心 我管好15号就行了 |
[17:41] | But I don’t think it’s a great idea– | 不过 这确实不是个好主意… |
[17:43] | Not a great idea? | 不是个好主意 |
[17:46] | Ed, they are making a mockery of what you do. | 爱德 这是公然藐视你的努力啊 |
[17:50] | I mean, you have trained and you’ve worked and you’ve suffered. | 你经历了艰苦训练 付出汗水 历经困苦 |
[17:54] | You’ve taken enormous risks over years to get where you are. And now what? | 多年来克服重重障碍 才能成为宇航员 可现在呢 |
[17:59] | Now these women, they’re just gonna waltz in and get pinned and fly. | 这帮女人大摇大摆地插进来 想飞就飞了 |
[18:04] | And why? Because the Soviets did? | 凭什么 就因为苏联有个女宇航员吗 |
[18:11] | Look. Ed, she’s not remotely capable of doing what you do. | 爱德 她和你根本没法比 |
[18:16] | None of them are. | 她们都比不上你 |
[18:17] | Couple of them supposed to be pretty good pilots. | 有几个人是飞行好手 |
[18:20] | But you’re probably right. | 不过 你说得也没错 |
[18:23] | – Jesus, Ed. – ‘Course you’re right. You’re 100% right. | -天呐 爱德 -你说得对 你说得都对 |
[18:27] | – Got to be kidding me! – I’m sorry. | -你不是吧 -抱歉 |
[18:30] | I’m… | 我… |
[18:32] | I’m sorry. | 我知道错了 |
[18:54] | 第一天 宇候20人 | |
[19:14] | “Love in the Skies.” | “天空之恋” |
[19:42] | – May I sit here? – Of course. | -我能坐在这儿吗 -当然可以 |
[19:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:49] | I’m Tracy. | 我叫特蕾西 |
[19:51] | Danielle. | 我叫丹妮尔 |
[20:00] | Well, look what the cat dragged in. | 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[20:02] | I had a feeling you’d be here, Molly. | 我就知道你一定会在 莫莉 |
[20:05] | Beats the circus. | 那是自然 |
[20:08] | Looks like we’re the only two Mercurys still kicking tires. | 看来水星13金花只剩我们两人坚持飞行了 |
[20:11] | Yeah. Well, it’s good to know you’ll be right behind me. | 是啊 还好你还跟在我屁股后面 |
[20:14] | Just like the old days. | 跟以前一样 |
[20:17] | Ladies, take your seats. We’ll get this show on the road. | 女士们 请坐 开始了 |
[20:22] | My name is Deke Slayton. | 我叫迪克·斯莱顿 |
[20:24] | I’m head of the astronaut office, and I’m here to welcome you to NASA. | 我是宇航员办公室主管 欢迎各位来到宇航局 |
[20:28] | Congratulations. As of this moment, you are officially astronaut candidates. | 恭喜 你们此刻正式成为宇航员候选人了 |
[20:32] | Affectionately referred to from this point on as ASCANs. | 以后就简称为”宇候” |
[20:42] | You come from near and far and all across America. | 大家来自全国各地 |
[20:47] | Those of you who were part of the Mercury 13, | 有些人曾参与过水星计划 |
[20:49] | Patty Doyle, Molly Cobb, | 帕蒂·道尔 莫莉·科布 |
[20:51] | I know you’ve waited for this day for a long time. | 我知道你们为这一天已经等待了多年 |
[20:57] | But these aren’t the Mercury tests. | 但本次选拔与水星计划不同 |
[21:00] | No. | 不一样 |
[21:02] | This is a rigorous, 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week training program | 本次训练十分严格 全天候不间断 |
[21:06] | preparing you for space travel. | 以使你们为太空飞行做好准备 |
[21:08] | There are 20 of you here today. | 今天在座的有20人 |
[21:10] | I expect that number to be far less a year from now. | 一年后 可能会所剩无几 |
[21:13] | Honestly, | 说实话 |
[21:15] | I don’t know if any of you will still be here. | 我都不知道是否有人能坚持到最后 |
[21:18] | Here’s how this works. | 选拔流程如下 |
[21:19] | I’m going to be grading you as we go along. | 训练中会进行打分 |
[21:22] | And everything you do will be graded. | 每个任务都会计分 |
[21:25] | Pilot performance, academics, your character and motivation. | 包括飞行表现 学习成绩 性格特点 精神状态 |
[21:29] | I’ll post results periodically. | 我会定期公布成绩 |
[21:31] | If your name’s not on the list, you’re cut. | 名单上没有你的名字 就代表被淘汰了 |
[21:34] | Get your stuff and go home. | 收拾东西 回家吧 |
[21:39] | Kill the lights. Let’s get to the program overview. | 关灯 开始计划简介 |
[21:44] | Basic science programs, jet qualification, celestial navigation, | 基础科学 飞行资格 天体导航 |
[21:49] | simulator training, guidance, navigation and control training. | 模拟训练 导航飞行和控制训练 |
[22:08] | In Moscow today, Premier Alexei Kosygin accused the Nixon administration | 苏联总理阿列克谢·柯西金谴责尼克松政府 |
[22:12] | of planning to put missiles on the recently proposed American moon base | 计划为美国月球基地配备导弹 |
[22:16] | in violation of the Space Treaty of 1967. | 此举违反了1967年的《太空条约》 |
[22:19] | The White House denies the accusation, | 白宫否认相关指控 |
[22:21] | saying it will not be the first country to introduce weapons in space. | 称不会首先在太空使用武器 |
[22:24] | Tensions are as high as they’ve ever been as the “race for a base” continues. | “基地战”持续 紧张局势加剧 |
[22:29] | Fifty bucks says this whole thing doesn’t make it past month two. | 五十块 赌本计划不到两个月就会流产 |
[22:34] | I don’t know. | 这可说不好 |
[22:36] | I think we’re going all the way this time, Molly. | 我有预感这次会成功 莫莉 |
[22:40] | Last time you said that, we ended up spending the night in a Tulsa drunk tank. | 你上次这么说 我们最后惨到进了醉汉拘留所 |
[22:45] | That was a long time ago. | 这都老黄历了 |
[22:47] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:49] | Just don’t go getting your hopes up beyond anything other than the here and now. | 期望值别太高 做好眼前之事就好 |
[22:54] | Things ain’t changed that much. | 世道没怎么变 |
[23:06] | You ever flown a jet before? | 你之前飞过喷气式飞机吗 |
[23:09] | Couple times. | 飞过几次 |
[23:12] | I’ve always wanted to. | 我一直想试试看 |
[23:18] | – You’re not married? – No. | -你未婚吗 -嗯 |
[23:19] | But you’re so pretty. | 你这么漂亮 怎么会呢 |
[23:23] | – You sound like my mother. – Yeah, that can’t be good. | -你和我妈语气一样 -这可不妙 |
[23:26] | It’s not. | 是啊 |
[23:30] | Here comes Janice. | 珍妮丝飞回来了 |
[23:33] | She’s carrying too much speed. | 速度太快了 |
[23:41] | Told ya. | 我就说吧 |
[23:42] | She porpoised. | 机头翘起了 |
[23:44] | Deke’s not gonna like that. | 迪克肯定很生气 |
[23:46] | Stevens, you’re up! | 史蒂文斯 到你了 |
[23:52] | Shit. | 该死 |
[23:53] | So, if you enter these two parameters, you’ll be fine. | 这两个参数无误 就不会有问题 |
[24:07] | Cabin pressure’s good, Trace. | 舱内压力正常 特蕾西 |
[24:08] | I mean, Candidate Stevens. | 史蒂文斯候选人 |
[24:13] | Check your oxygen regulator. | 检查氧气调节器 |
[24:16] | Got a good blinker, Commander Baldwin. | 一切正常 鲍德温指挥官 |
[24:23] | Start with an easy turn to the left. | 慢慢向左转 |
[24:28] | You push the throttle on a prop plane, you get an immediate result. | 螺旋桨飞机的油门很灵敏 |
[24:31] | Jets, you gotta think way ahead. | 喷气式飞机的油门比较迟钝 |
[24:34] | – Copy that. – Let’s make an easy turn to the right. | -收到 -慢慢向右转 |
[24:37] | Copy. | 收到 |
[24:41] | Airfield in view, ten o’clock, five miles. | 降落场在十点钟方向 距离五英里 |
[24:44] | You ready to crash, I mean, land this sucker? | 你准备好坠落 降落飞机了吗 |
[24:49] | Copy that. Yes, sir. | 收到 准备好了 长官 |
[24:50] | Remember what we talked about the other day. T-38 lands fast. | 想想之前的讲解 T38降落速度很快 |
[24:53] | So, you come in slow, you’ll stall. | 速度太慢 就会停滞 |
[24:55] | Come in fast, you’ll land long. | 速度过快 滑行距离就会加长 |
[24:57] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[24:59] | All right, here we go. | 准备好 |
[25:01] | Watch your airspeed. 170, you’re fast. Push the throttles back. | 注意速度 170太快了 松油门 |
[25:06] | All right, still fast, 160. Keep working the throttles off. | 160还是太快了 继续减速 |
[25:09] | Here we go. Now flare. Nose up. Nose up. | 很好 抬起飞机 抬头 |
[25:25] | Women applicants will be interviewed today for the new space program | 新太空计划的女性候选人今天将会接受采访 |
[25:28] | that will send an American man and woman team of astronauts | 该计划将把男女宇航员送入太空 |
[25:30] | as the first couple on the moon. | 他们将是第一对登月的男女宇航员 |
[25:38] | Danny, look who’s here. | 丹尼 快看谁来了 |
[25:40] | Hi, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[25:41] | – Hi, baby. How was your day? – Good. | -宝贝 今天怎么样 -很好 |
[25:44] | Missed you. | 好想你 |
[25:46] | Thank you so much. I’m sorry I’m late. | 太感谢你了 抱歉 我来迟了 |
[25:49] | It’s fine. Boys already had their dinner. | 没事 他们已经吃过晚饭了 |
[25:53] | You two, cut it out. Do not point those at each other. | 你们俩别闹了 不准用枪指着对方 |
[25:57] | Yeah, we were doing emergency egress drills, | 我们进行紧急疏散演习了 |
[25:59] | and so, there’s no way to handle a phone in that suit. | 穿那身没法带手机 |
[26:05] | It’s no problem, honestly. | 真没事 |
[26:09] | Yeah, Ed told me that you made it through the first cut. | 听爱德说 你通过了初选 |
[26:13] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[26:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:16] | Yeah, Ed’s… | 爱德… |
[26:19] | you know, Ed’s really been a help with training. | 爱德在训练中给了我很多帮助 |
[26:22] | You know, I don’t think I could’ve gotten this far without him. | 要不是他 我不可能顺利通过 |
[26:27] | I’m glad that he’s been a help. | 我很高兴他能帮上忙 |
[26:28] | You know, he puts his all into everything that he does. | 他做事总是很用心 |
[26:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:33] | I just hope that he’s focused enough on 15. | 我就希望不会影响他阿波罗15号的任务 |
[26:36] | ‘Course he is. | 当然不会了 |
[26:37] | If anything, | 真说起来 |
[26:39] | it’s me trying to keep my head above water. | 我才该担心 毕竟我是勉强支撑 |
[26:43] | It’s… not easy. | 太难了 |
[26:50] | Well, it’s not supposed to be easy, Tracy. | 本就不是易事 特蕾西 |
[26:57] | Danny, thank Mrs. Baldwin. | 丹尼 谢谢鲍德温太太 |
[27:01] | Go get your jacket on. Let’s get going. | 穿上衣服 我们走了 |
[27:04] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. See you soon, buddy. | -谢谢 -别客气 回见 小家伙 |
[27:06] | – Have a good night, Shane. – Good night. | -晚安 谢恩 -晚安 |
[27:09] | Thanks again, Karen. | 谢谢你 凯伦 |
[27:10] | Let’s go get your brother. | 我们去接你弟吧 |
[27:12] | Let’s put everything away, all right? | 把东西收起来吧 |
[27:17] | To safely return the crew, | 为载人安全返回 |
[27:19] | the command module has to enter Earth’s atmosphere | 控制舱进入地球大气层时 |
[27:22] | at exactly the right angle | 角度决不能有任何偏差 |
[27:23] | 第55天 剩余”宇候”15人 | |
[27:24] | while coming in at 25,000 miles per hour. | 速度需保持在2万5千英里每小时 |
[27:29] | That’s 36,000 feet per second… | 也就是每秒3万6千英尺 |
[27:33] | like a meteorite. | 和陨石速度一样 |
[27:34] | That’s literally what you are. | 你们降落就像陨石一样 |
[27:38] | And if you plunge through at a steep angle, you’ll burn up. | 角度太小 就会爆炸 |
[27:41] | But if you hit the atmosphere too shallow, you’ll just bounce off back into space. | 角度过大 就会被弹回太空 |
[27:52] | Cart. | 手推小车 |
[27:55] | Four-letter word for “wagon.” | 形容车辆的四字词语 |
[28:02] | I understand the reentry equations. | 返回大气层的知识 我都懂 |
[28:05] | I hope so. | 但愿如此 |
[28:13] | Let’s find out. | 一试便知 |
[28:18] | Pop quiz. | 突击测验 |
[29:10] | Janice? | 珍妮丝 |
[29:12] | I guess she didn’t make the cut. | 看来落选了 |
[29:27] | I couldn’t have done it without you nipping at my heels, Doyle. | 多亏有你在一旁激励 道尔 |
[29:34] | Fifth. Dammit. | 第五 该死 |
[29:46] | God. | 天呐 |
[30:00] | Winner, winner, chicken dinner. | 大吉大利 今晚吃鸡 |
[30:04] | Hell’s bells, Cobb. | 见鬼 科布 |
[30:06] | Double or nothing? | 输家赔双倍 赢了就前账一笔勾销 |
[30:07] | Rack ’em. | 来吧 |
[30:20] | – You notice it yet? – What’s that? | -你注意到了吗 -什么 |
[30:23] | How every guy in this bar is trying to pretend | 酒吧里的男人 |
[30:25] | he doesn’t hate the fact that we’re standing here. | 都假装不在意我们的存在 |
[30:28] | ‘Cause you know what we are? | 知道为什么吗 |
[30:31] | We’re change in living color. | 因为我们代表着改变 |
[30:33] | Us standing here means that | 我们今天出现在这里 |
[30:35] | their time on top of the shitpile’s coming to a close, | 意味着男性主宰一切的局面就要结束了 |
[30:38] | and they don’t like it one bit. | 他们并不心甘情愿 |
[30:40] | Give it up, Doyle. | 别幻想了 道尔 |
[30:42] | They’ll get around to screwin’ us over, just like they did last time. | 他们肯定会搅黄此事 本性难移 |
[30:46] | Not them I’m worried about. | 我倒不担心他们 |
[30:50] | Look at them. | 瞧瞧她们 |
[30:52] | They just waltzed into this program | 她们大摇大摆加入太空计划 |
[30:53] | like we weren’t trying to get this done ten years ago. | 可我们十年前都开始为之努力了 |
[30:56] | Come on. They’re not so bad. | 别这样 她们也不是很差 |
[31:01] | They got no idea how hard it’s gonna be | 她们还是不知深浅 |
[31:02] | when the shit hits the fan and they shut this thing down. | 等出了岔子 计划终止 她们哭都来不及 |
[31:05] | And you know it’s gonna happen, right? | 那一天迟早会到来 |
[31:10] | And they all have to go back to their miserable little lives in bumfuck wherever. | 她们都得继续回去悲惨地活着 |
[31:15] | I feel sorry for ’em. | 真可怜她们 |
[31:17] | Except for the astro wife. | 宇航员老婆除外 |
[31:20] | She is gonna be just fine going back to her cushy little life and her hubby. | 她不会有事 还是会生活得很滋润 |
[31:26] | The scariest thing I ever flew was an S-2 Pitts. | 我飞过最惊险的是S2毕式飞机 |
[31:29] | Damn. | 厉害了 |
[31:30] | That aircraft will kill you in a heartbeat. | 坠机是分分钟的事 |
[31:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:36] | How about you, Tracy? | 你呢 特蕾西 |
[31:41] | Well, you know. | 我啊 |
[31:45] | My brother actually taught me to fly in a Piper Cub. | 我哥教我飞过小熊飞机 |
[31:50] | It’s not state of the art or anything, I know, but… | 虽然不算顶尖 但是… |
[31:55] | You know, actually… | 其实吧 |
[32:02] | One time, he had me try the AT-6. | 有次 他让我试了试AT-6 |
[32:05] | Golly. | 天呐 |
[32:07] | And that move from 40 to 600 horsepower… | 从40马力瞬间飙上600马力 |
[32:12] | it was a real eye-opener. | 真是大开眼界 |
[32:14] | I’ll bet. | 是啊 |
[32:16] | No, but, if I’m honest, | 但说实话 |
[32:18] | I haven’t really flown much in the last few years, so… | 我这几年都没怎么飞… |
[32:21] | Well, that’s understandable. You got two kids. | 可以理解 你有两个孩子呢 |
[32:25] | Yeah, I guess. | 是啊 |
[32:27] | I mean… | 可是… |
[32:29] | flying just didn’t seem like an option as a career, you know? | 飞行员做不长久啊 |
[32:35] | I ended up a nurse. | 我成了护士 |
[32:37] | NICU… for a while anyway. | 在新生儿重症监护室做过一段时间 |
[32:41] | I was a secretary. | 我转行做了秘书 |
[32:45] | Switchboard operator. | 我是接线员 |
[32:47] | Computer. | 我是电脑技术员 |
[32:49] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[32:51] | We did calculations and some engineering at NASA. | 我们在宇航局做运算 搞技术 |
[32:55] | But that wasn’t nearly as glamorous as all this. | 但跟宇航员的光鲜可比不了 |
[33:00] | You know what? Gordo gave me so much shit for coming here tonight. | 就为我今晚和你们出来喝酒 戈登念叨个没完 |
[33:03] | – Come on. – I’m serious. | -少来 -真的 |
[33:05] | He said he wouldn’t even have dreamt of stepping foot in this place, in the Outpost, | 他说绝不会踏进”前哨站”一步 |
[33:11] | unless he had his astronaut pin. | 除非佩戴了宇航员徽章 |
[33:13] | It’s not a church. It’s a bar with a roach problem. | 哪有那么多讲究 这就是个蟑螂泛滥的小酒馆 |
[33:17] | Some of these guys act like it’s a nightly communion. | 有人把来这儿看作一种神圣的仪式 |
[33:19] | Yeah. They’re not the only ones. | 是啊 不止他们这么想 |
[33:24] | Well, Patty’s nice. | 帕蒂人不错 |
[33:25] | Molly, she’s… | 莫莉就… |
[33:32] | I don’t know. I just thought she’d be more encouraging. | 怎么说呢 我本以为她会更平易近人 |
[33:34] | You know? | 你懂我意思吧 |
[33:36] | She’s not here to make friends. And she’s right. | 她来此不是为了交友 这也没错 |
[33:42] | I mean, I like all of you, but only one of us is gonna be chosen. | 我喜欢大家 但最后只有一人能入选 |
[33:49] | Well… | 既然如此 |
[33:52] | till then, can I buy y’all another round? | 趁现在 我再请大家喝一轮吧 |
[33:56] | Yes. | 好 |
[34:06] | Blackjack, Houston for Danielle. | 黑杰克 休斯顿呼叫丹妮尔 |
[34:07] | 第74天 剩余”宇候”12人 | |
[34:08] | Please give us a status on our pH indicator for fuel cell one. | 请汇报一号燃料电池的PH值指示表情况 |
[34:11] | Copy that, Houston. I’ve got barber poles on fuel cell one. | 收到 休斯顿 一号燃料电池呈彩色柱状 |
[34:15] | The other two talk-backs are nominal. | 其余两项正常 |
[34:21] | Snap to it. | 醒醒 |
[34:24] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[34:26] | Yeah. Early morning. | 没事 起得太早了 |
[34:27] | Blackjack, Houston for Tracy. | 黑杰克 休斯顿呼叫特蕾西 |
[34:30] | Please open all four Helium-1 iso valves. | 请将四个氦1隔离阀全部打开 |
[34:32] | Copy that, Houston. Opening helium system one. | 收到 休斯顿 正在打开 |
[34:39] | It’s right there. | 在那儿 |
[34:47] | Nice job, Blackjack. We see good RCS tank pressurization. | 干得漂亮 黑杰克 反推力系统增压正常 |
[34:51] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[34:55] | Fail the guidance computer. Have them come in manually. | 关闭导航计算机 让她们手动操作 |
[34:58] | That’s just mean. You know they’re not ready for that. | 太狠了吧 她们还没准备好 |
[35:01] | We don’t have time to wait for them to be ready. | 我们没时间等她们准备好 |
[35:09] | “What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.” | “简直是无效沟通” |
[35:15] | Cool Hand Luke. | 《铁窗喋血》 |
[35:19] | I grew up in movie theaters. | 我从小泡在电影院 |
[35:23] | – You see Butch Cassidy? – Love the movie. Hate the music. | -你看过《虎豹小霸王》吗 -电影很棒 配乐垃圾 |
[35:26] | A traditionalist. | 看来你很传统 |
[35:28] | You must love Magnificent Seven. | 那你一定喜欢《豪勇七蛟龙》 |
[35:30] | Well, yeah. It’s the best Western soundtrack ever recorded. | 当然了 西部片中数这部电影配乐最棒了 |
[35:33] | Better than Red River? You got a lot to learn, kid. | 《红河》排不上号吗 你还得多看点片啊 |
[35:36] | Work now. Flirt later. | 专心工作 下班再调情 |
[35:38] | Yes, ma’am. Right away, ma’am. Working. Aye, aye, ma’am. | 是 长官 小的这就好好工作 |
[35:49] | Master caution alarm. | 主警报响了 |
[35:53] | Primary guidance has failed. We need to do this manually. | 基本导航系统失灵了 我们得手动操作 |
[35:55] | – What? – Take manual control. | -什么 -手动操作 |
[35:58] | Okay, we need to maintain constant g’s. Watch your g-meter and your EMS scroll. | 保持好重力 盯好加速仪和动态监控 |
[36:02] | – Yeah, I got it. – Don’t get over four g’s or we’ll burn up. | -好 -重力别超过四倍 不然就完了 |
[36:05] | I got it. | 好 |
[36:06] | – Your attitude rates are getting high. – I see it. | -姿态过高 -我知道 |
[36:09] | You’re fighting the deadband. Lower your gains. | 你是在送死 降低一点 |
[36:11] | Stop being a backseat commander. | 别在旁边瞎指挥 |
[36:18] | Shit! We’re coming in too steep. Accel’s at seven g’s. | 该死 角度太小了 七倍重力加速度 |
[36:22] | Pulling lift vector up. | 拉高 |
[36:24] | Too late. We’re gonna burn up. | 太晚了 要爆炸了 |
[36:30] | Great. We’re dead. | “真棒” 我们”死了” |
[36:33] | End of sim. Prepare for debrief. | 模拟结束 准备汇报情况 |
[36:43] | Sorry, y’all. | 抱歉 两位 |
[36:45] | So, what, you didn’t get much sleep? | 你昨晚没睡好 |
[36:48] | Was it Gordo? | 戈登不消停 |
[36:50] | Was it the kids? | 孩子们吵闹 |
[36:52] | Was it the dog? | 狗乱叫了 |
[36:55] | – Look– – You know, I don’t give a good goddamn. | -听着 -我不在乎 |
[36:59] | You’re tired? | 你累了吗 |
[37:00] | Your job is not to be tired. | 你的工作不允许你感到疲惫 |
[37:03] | Yeah, I know, I know. I’m trying to just– | 我明白 我就是想… |
[37:05] | You ain’t flown that much, you got kids, you’re not an engineer. | 你飞行时数短 还有孩子 更不是个工程师 |
[37:09] | A lot of exceptions have been made for you, Tracy Stevens. | 一路给你开后门啊 特蕾西·史蒂文斯 |
[37:11] | So, I don’t get how you see fit to complain about any damn thing. | 都这样了 你还有脸抱怨吗 |
[37:15] | What are you saying, Cobb? | 你什么意思 科布 |
[37:16] | What I’m saying is that other than being a pretty face | 我的意思是 除了长得好看 |
[37:19] | and married to Gordo Stevens, | 还嫁给了戈登·史蒂文斯之外 |
[37:21] | I don’t get what you’ve done to deserve still being here. | 我真不懂你凭什么还没被踢走 |
[37:25] | I know why I’m here, I know why Patty’s here, | 我知道我和帕蒂入选的原因 |
[37:27] | and Dani and pretty much everyone | 包括丹妮在内的每个人都是凭本事进来 |
[37:30] | except for you, astro wife. | 除了你 “宇航员之妻” |
[37:33] | Why are you still here? | 你怎么还在 |
[37:42] | And she’s right. I mean, why am I still doing this, huh? | 她说得没错 我为什么还要继续下去 |
[37:45] | Why am I still doing this, Gordo? It’s a joke. | 我为什么要继续 戈登 这就是个笑话 |
[37:48] | Don’t talk like that. | 别这么说 |
[37:50] | Hon, you got a real shot at this. | 亲爱的 你希望很大 |
[37:53] | And Shorty, he said your final jet scores were amongst the highest in the class. | “矮个”说你最终的飞行成绩名列前茅 |
[37:57] | – You’re a good pilot. – No. | -你是个好飞行员 -不 |
[37:58] | Trace, you’ve always been a good pilot. | 特蕾西 你一直是个好飞行员 |
[38:00] | I was a good pilot eight years ago. | 我八年前是个好飞行员 |
[38:01] | Now I’m just a housewife trying to remember basic radio navigation. | 我现在就是个家庭主妇 连基本的无线电导航都不懂 |
[38:04] | And why are you talking to Shorty Powers about my test scores? | 你跟”矮个”鲍沃斯讨论我的测试成绩干什么 |
[38:07] | He mentioned it in passing. | 他随口提到了 |
[38:10] | I think you gotta see this out, Trace. | 你得坚持下去 特蕾西 |
[38:15] | I should’ve been bounced weeks ago. | 我几周前就该被淘汰了 |
[38:17] | And everyone knows that the only reason I’m still here | 大家心知肚明 我之所以还没被刷 |
[38:20] | is because Shorty wants his space couple. | 就是因为”矮个”想打造太空夫妇 |
[38:23] | Come on, Tracy. | 别这样 特蕾西 |
[38:24] | I’m a laughingstock, Gordo. | 我就是个笑柄 戈登 |
[38:27] | I am a laughingstock, | 我成了众人的笑柄 |
[38:28] | and you are fine with your wife being humiliated like this | 你居然无动于衷地看着你妻子被羞辱 |
[38:32] | because you don’t wanna lose a seat on 15. | 就因为你想飞阿波罗15号 |
[38:34] | – This isn’t about me. – It’s always about you! | -这与我无关 -向来事事都围着你转 |
[38:36] | Every goddamn thing is about you. | 每件事都以你为重 |
[38:38] | Don’t start this shit. | 别扯这个 |
[38:39] | It’s been that way since the day we met. | 自从我们相遇 你就是如此 |
[38:42] | This entire household revolves around King Gordo. | 这个家事事要以”戈登国王”为重 |
[38:46] | Don’t change the subject. This is about you wanting to punch out | 别转移话题 凡遇到一点困难 |
[38:49] | the first time something gets a little tough. | 你就想退缩 |
[38:51] | “A little tough”? Have you listened to one goddamn word I’ve said? | “一点困难” 你到底有没有听我讲话 |
[38:55] | I’ve listened to everything you’ve said. | 我很认真听了 |
[38:56] | “Sim training was hard, jet qualification was hard, math is hard. | “模拟训练好难 飞行测试好难 数学好难” |
[39:00] | Everything’s so hard. I may as well just lie down and quit.” | “一切都好难 我不如干脆放弃算了” |
[39:04] | Jesus Christ, Trace. Show some goddamn… guts! | 天呐 特蕾西 有点骨气好不好 |
[39:08] | Don’t let something small as that run you outta the program. | 别因为一点困难就退出 |
[39:14] | So, that’s what you think of me, huh? | 你居然这么想我 |
[39:18] | That I don’t have guts? | 你觉得我没骨气吗 |
[39:21] | That I’m the quitter? | 我总是轻言放弃 |
[39:26] | That’s what you’re talking about doing, isn’t it? | 你就是想放弃吧 |
[39:28] | Packing up your toys because some girl said something mean to me in the sim. | 因为有人模拟时嘲讽你了 你就想退出 |
[39:34] | Get out! | 滚 |
[39:37] | I’m going, all right. | 走就走 |
[39:45] | I said get the fuck out! | 你给我滚 |
[39:47] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[39:58] | God. | 天呐 |
[41:03] | On the moon? Is that even possible? | 月球上发现的吗 可能吗 |
[41:05] | Ray, how sure are you that those bright spots are really ice? | 雷 你确定这些亮点是冰吗 |
[41:09] | I’m not. I can’t be. | 我不确定 无法确定 |
[41:11] | It’s just one of the possibilities the data suggests. | 根据数据分析 有这个可能 |
[41:14] | The instruments on the lunar orbiter weren’t designed | 在月轨运行的航天器 |
[41:17] | for that kind of analysis. | 无法进行物质分析 |
[41:19] | We’ll know more after Apollo 15. | 阿波罗15号发射后 才能得到更多信息 |
[41:21] | Our CM’s going up with an enhanced infrared photo-spectrometer. | 控制舱会配备升级版红外光谱仪 |
[41:24] | – Get us better data. – I’ll tell you this. | -获取更准确的数据 -这么说吧 |
[41:27] | I mean, if he’s right, if there is water up there, | 如果月球上真有水 |
[41:31] | that changes everything. | 一切就会随之改变 |
[41:32] | – How so? – Well, sir, we can drink it. | -怎么说 -我们就有饮用水了 |
[41:34] | So we don’t have to haul up our own. | 这样就不用自己带水了 |
[41:36] | And we can use it to grow plants hydroponically. | 还可以水培植物 |
[41:38] | But the really exciting thing, sir, | 但真正令人激动的事情是 长官 |
[41:41] | we can electrically separate H2O into hydrogen and oxygen, | 我们可以将水电解成氢气和氧气 |
[41:45] | then liquefy them to produce– | 将其液化 用来制造… |
[41:47] | English, please. | 说人话 谢谢 |
[41:48] | He’s saying we can use it to make rocket fuel. | 我们可以用其制造火箭燃料 |
[41:51] | Same kind we use in the upper stages of the Saturn V. | 土星五号升空所用的那种燃料 |
[41:54] | A refueling station on our way to the rest of the solar system. | 我们探索太阳系的飞船可以在月球补充燃料 |
[42:04] | Good work, Ray. Thanks. | 干得漂亮 雷 谢谢 |
[42:13] | Guys. | 各位 |
[42:15] | The president wants to know how we’re doing with his women, | 总统很关心他的”女人们”进展如何 |
[42:19] | specifically Stevens’ wife. | 尤其是史蒂文斯的妻子 |
[42:21] | He really hopes she’s the one. | 他很希望她是最终人选 |
[42:23] | You can tell him his women are about to do desert survival training. | 告诉总统 女宇航员们即将进行沙漠求生训练 |
[42:28] | You’re really doing that? | 你真这么狠啊 |
[42:29] | It’s part of the program. | 这是计划必不可少的一环 |
[42:31] | Are you trying to wash them out? | 你是想借此淘汰她们吧 |
[42:34] | They can’t haul a 40-pound pack 20 miles in the desert sun. | 她们无法携带40磅装备顶着沙漠的大太阳徒步20英里 |
[42:37] | They have to be able to handle all aspects of spaceflight, | 她们必须能够应对太空飞行的所有可能情况 |
[42:40] | including survival after a botched landing. | 包括如何在航天器坠毁后幸存 |
[42:44] | You’ll lose half of them out there. | 这样会刷掉一半人 |
[42:46] | If they can’t survive the desert, they can’t survive the moon. | 连沙漠都无法穿越 就更难在月球幸存了 |
[43:01] | 第101天 剩余宇候10人 | |
[43:03] | Ladies, here’s the scenario. | 女士们 训练要求如下 |
[43:05] | You are flying a solo mission. | 每人单独行动 |
[43:07] | Your spacecraft has gone off course, and you have landed in the desert. | 你的航天器偏离了路线 着陆在了沙漠 |
[43:11] | You have your parachute and the spacecraft survival kit. | 你们携带了降落伞和太空生存装备 |
[43:14] | Strapped to your back is 40 pounds of gear. | 你们所背的装备重达40磅 |
[43:17] | You have no maps of the area, and you are out of radio communication. | 没有地图 无法进行无线电通讯 |
[43:21] | Your goal is to make it to a checkpoint due east of your location | 目标是徒步抵达正东方向的哨卡 |
[43:25] | in less than 14 hours. | 限时14小时 |
[43:42] | This is not, repeat, not a teamwork-building assignment. | 再强调一遍 这不是团队任务 |
[43:47] | This test will be timed and graded on your individual performance. | 本次测试将全程计时 根据个人表现打分 |
[43:51] | Each of you will have a walkie-talkie for use in case of emergency. | 以防万一 每人都配备有对讲机 |
[43:55] | But be warned. | 但请注意 |
[43:57] | Any use of the walkie-talkie for any reason will abort your test, | 无论任何原因 使用对讲机就意味着放弃测试 |
[44:01] | and you will receive a failing grade. | 将会被判不及格 |
[44:04] | And in case I haven’t made this clear… | 再次强调一遍 |
[44:07] | this is a must-pass test. | 宇航员必须通过本次测试 |
[44:11] | Good luck. | 祝好运 |
[45:16] | God. | 天呐 |
[45:39] | Got something. | 来人了 |
[45:59] | Congratulations, Cobb. Your time is ten hours, 12 minutes. | 恭喜你 科布 用时10小时12分钟 |
[46:03] | 10:12? | 10小时12分钟 |
[46:07] | I was hoping I’d break ten. | 我本想10小时之内完成呢 |
[46:09] | I guess being number one will have to do. | 不过首个到达 也还行吧 |
[46:12] | Didn’t say you were number one. | 我可没说你是第一 |
[46:15] | What? | 什么 |
[46:16] | Cobb. Catch. | 科布 接住 |
[46:20] | Nine hours, 53 minutes. | 9小时53分钟 |
[46:23] | Read it and weep. | 可别气哭啊 |
[46:26] | Well, it’s about time, Doyle. | 也是时候了 道尔 |
[46:29] | ‘Cause I was wondering when you’d get around to beating me at something. | 我之前还在想 你什么时候能超过我呢 |
[46:37] | My God. | 天呐 |
[48:04] | Ellen. | 艾伦 |
[48:11] | I’m not doing it. | 休想 |
[48:14] | What? | 什么 |
[48:17] | I’m not using the walkie-talkie to abort. | 我绝不会用对讲机 放弃任务 |
[48:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[48:30] | I think it’s busted. | 好像骨折了 |
[48:32] | I’m not aborting. I won’t fail. | 我决不放弃 我不想被淘汰 |
[48:34] | All right. Give me that. | 好 给我吧 |
[48:37] | All right. You ready? Breathe. | 准备好了吗 深呼吸 |
[48:41] | There you go. There you go. All right. | 好了 可以了 |
[48:43] | Can you feel this? | 有感觉吗 |
[48:45] | Yeah? | 有吧 |
[48:47] | Can you wiggle your toes? | 动动脚趾 |
[48:50] | All right. | 好 |
[48:51] | It’s probably just a bad sprain. | 可能只是严重扭伤了 |
[48:54] | So we’re gonna get the swelling down. | 包裹住肿胀部位 |
[48:57] | And then we’re going to get that boot laced up | 系紧鞋带 |
[49:02] | as tight as your ankle can stand it, all right? | 给脚踝提供支撑 好吗 |
[49:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[49:14] | We’re not gonna get very far with this sun. | 太阳这么大 我们肯定走不远 |
[49:23] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[49:24] | Something I picked up from Gordo. | 我跟戈登学了一招 |
[49:31] | All right. I got you. There you go. | 我扶着你 很好 |
[49:34] | There you go. Get your arm around me. | 很好 把手搭在我肩上 |
[49:37] | All right. I got you. Okay. | 扶着我 很好 |
[49:58] | You want some? Ma’am? You guys all right? | 喝水吗 女士 还好吗 |
[50:22] | If we’re both gonna die out here, | 如果我们俩注定死在沙漠 |
[50:25] | I’d at least like to know who I’m dying with. | 我至少也该了解一下跟我共同赴死的人 |
[50:28] | Trust me, I’m not that interesting. | 信我吧 我并不是个值得了解的人 |
[50:30] | Come on, you got anything better to do? | 别这样 反正也没别的事情做 |
[50:33] | What’d you do before this? | 入选之前 你从事什么工作 |
[50:38] | After school, I thought about getting a job at an engineering firm, | 毕业后 我本打算应聘工程公司 |
[50:42] | but my dad convinced me to come home and work for the family business. | 但我爸说服我回家族企业工作 |
[50:48] | What’s the family business? | 什么家族企业 |
[50:50] | We’re in air transportation. | 空运 |
[50:54] | All right, take a rest. | 休息一下吧 |
[50:56] | Air transportation, huh? What, like United Airlines? | 空运啊 美联航吗 |
[51:01] | No. | 不是 |
[51:07] | Cavalier. | 骑士 |
[51:09] | Cavalier? | 骑士吗 |
[51:12] | Cavalier Airlines? | 骑士航空 |
[51:14] | “The only way to fly is Cavalier”? | “空中飞行 认准骑士” |
[51:18] | That’s us. | 没错 |
[51:25] | So you’re… | 这么说 你… |
[51:27] | Loaded. | 很有钱 |
[51:29] | Yeah. | 对 |
[51:31] | Well. There’s worse things you could be. | 也不算太糟 |
[51:55] | Time to call it. | 该结束了 |
[51:58] | This is NASA checkpoint one | 这里是宇航局一号哨卡 |
[52:00] | to all astronaut candidates still on the training course. | 呼叫所有仍未完成训练的宇航员候选人 |
[52:03] | Your allotted time has elapsed, and the evaluation is complete. | 时间已到 评估结束了 |
[52:08] | Radio in with your approximate position | 汇报你的大致位置 |
[52:10] | and we’ll get some rescue gear out to your location. | 我们会派人前去救援 |
[52:12] | Over. | 完毕 |
[52:27] | This is NASA checkpoint one to all candidates still on the course. | 宇航局一号哨卡呼叫所有仍在进行任务的候选人 |
[52:30] | You are ordered to check in immediately. Please respond. Over. | 立即汇报情况 收到请回复 完毕 |
[52:34] | Don’t have to shout, Deke. | 别喊了 迪克 |
[52:38] | Medics! | 医务人员 |
[52:44] | This is so embarrassing. | 好丢人啊 |
[52:48] | It would’ve been worse if they carried you out on a stretcher. | 被担架抬回来就更尴尬了 |
[52:50] | Right? Ma’am, stay there. | 女士 我们来吧 |
[52:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[53:14] | Not a teamwork exercise, Stevens. I told you that. | 本次任务不是团队合作 史蒂文斯 我强调过了 |
[53:17] | Waverly should’ve called abort, and you should’ve come in. | 韦弗莉应该放弃任务 而你也该及时汇报情况 |
[53:23] | She wouldn’t call abort, and I wasn’t gonna leave her behind. | 她不肯放弃 我也绝不会留下她不管 |
[53:27] | Neither would you, sir. | 换成是你 也不会 长官 |
[53:58] | This is bullshit. | 简直胡闹 |
[54:00] | Couldn’t have done it without you nipping at my heels, Cobb. | 没有你在一旁激励 我也拿不了第一 科布 |
[54:03] | Girls, look at this. | 快来看啊 |
[54:06] | There’s some letters here. | 有人寄来了信 |
[54:08] | One for Molly from a little girl in Munich. | 一个慕尼黑的小女孩写给了莫莉 |
[54:11] | One for me from Tokyo. | 我收到了东京寄来的信 |
[54:14] | Patty. | 帕蒂 |
[54:17] | Cheyenne, Santiago… | 夏安 桑迪亚哥 |
[54:19] | Yeah, I don’t need to listen to fan mail. | 我对粉丝来信可不感兴趣 |
[54:23] | “Dear Ms. Doyle, what’s it like being an astronaut? | “亲爱的道尔女士 做宇航员是什么感觉呀” |
[54:26] | When I grow up, I wanna go into space. | “我长大后 想要进入太空” |
[54:28] | We hope to see you up in space real soon. | “希望你能尽快飞向太空” |
[54:31] | Keep on dreaming. | “不要放弃梦想” |
[54:33] | Love, Lorraine and Janice.” | “爱你的 罗安和珍妮丝” |
[54:37] | “Dear Ms. Waverly.” “Dear Danielle.” | “亲爱的韦弗莉女士” “亲爱的丹妮尔” |
[54:39] | “My favorite subject in school is science.” | “我最喜欢的科目是科学” |
[54:42] | “To Mrs. Tracy Stevens, | “致特蕾西·史蒂文斯女士” |
[54:44] | you have become a big inspiration in my life.” | “你给了我极大的鼓舞” |
[54:47] | “My parents always told me that I could be anything I wanted when I grow up. | “我父母总说 我长大后 想做什么都可以” |
[54:52] | But I never really believed them till now.” | “我之前总是不信 可我现在信了” |
[54:55] | “One day, I want to travel to outer space like you’re going to do.” | “总有一天 我想像你将来一样飞向外太空” |
[54:58] | “I can’t wait to see what you’ll accomplish at NASA. | “我迫不及待想要看到你在宇航局大展拳脚了” |
[55:01] | And I look forward to following your…” “All the best.” | “我想要跟随你的步伐” “祝好” |
[55:04] | “Sincerely.” “Best wishes.” | “最真诚的祝愿” “祝你好运” |
[55:06] | “Jennifer.” “Caroline.” | “珍妮弗” “卡洛琳” |
[55:07] | “Alyson.” “Alicia.” | “艾莉森” “艾丽西亚” |
[55:14] | – You wanted to see me. – Have a seat. | -你找我 -请坐 |
[55:25] | Got a lot of respect for what you did out there. | 你的所作所为值得敬佩 |
[55:27] | Risking yourself to help another candidate showed a lot of heart. | 冒险援救其他候选人 你真是菩萨心肠 |
[55:33] | – It was nothing, sir. – No, you’re wrong. | -这不算什么 长官 -恰恰相反 |
[55:37] | Remember, I went through the same training on Mercury. | 记住 我准备水星计划时 也经历了这样的训练 |
[55:42] | Pretty sure Shepard slipped some rocks in my pack. | 谢泼德当时肯定往我包里塞石头了 |
[55:46] | But this next stuff we’re doing… | 但接下来的训练… |
[55:50] | it’s dangerous, | 危险十足 |
[55:51] | especially the LEM simulator. | 尤其是登月舱模拟器 |
[55:53] | You make one mistake in that bedstead… | 在试验台上稍有差池… |
[55:56] | Yeah, I can handle it. | 我可以 |
[56:02] | You just don’t have the skill set, Tracy. | 你不具备所需的能力 特蕾西 |
[56:06] | This stuff isn’t like riding a bike. | 这可不是小孩子过家家 |
[56:10] | You should be proud of what you’ve done so far. | 你能坚持这么久 已经很不错了 |
[56:14] | But… | 但是… |
[56:17] | You’re gonna cut me. | 你要刷掉我 |
[56:19] | No. | 不是 |
[56:23] | I think you should withdraw from the program. | 你应该自己退出 |
[56:32] | I don’t understand. | 我没懂 |
[56:36] | – You kept me on the list. – I did. | -可你没刷掉我 -对 |
[56:38] | You showed guts. | 你很勇敢 |
[56:41] | But guts isn’t enough, not anymore. | 但光有勇气远远不够 |
[56:49] | Well, I’m not gonna drop out, Deke. | 我不会退出 迪克 |
[56:55] | I want this. | 我想成为宇航员 |
[56:58] | I didn’t know how much until it was right in front of me, | 之前机会摆在我面前时 我还没意识到自己的渴望 |
[57:01] | but I do now. | 但我现在意识到了 |
[57:07] | So. | 所以 |
[57:09] | If you want me out, you’re gonna have to cut me yourself, sir. | 你不想要我 就得亲自刷掉我 长官 |
[57:31] | We call this baby “the flying bedstead.” | 我们称其为”飞行试验台” |
[57:33] | Its official name is the lunar landing training vehicle. | 正式名称是”月球着陆训练仪” |
[57:34] | 第200天 剩余宇候5人 | |
[57:37] | The LLTV is designed to emulate the flight dynamics of the lunar module spacecraft. | “月陆仪”旨在模拟登月舱的飞行动态 |
[57:41] | Flies like a helicopter, but it is not a helicopter. | 感觉像直升机 但与直升机不同 |
[57:46] | There are several important distinctions that y’all need to be aware of | 首先要了解该仪器的特点 |
[57:49] | before you take the controls. | 然后才能进行模拟 |
[57:51] | See, this is a finicky beast. | 操作要求严苛 |
[57:54] | Neil Armstrong almost bought the farm in it a couple years ago. | 尼尔·阿姆斯特朗几年前差点死在里面 |
[57:57] | If he’d ejected two seconds later, | 要是晚两秒弹出 |
[57:58] | he would not have made it home, much less to the moon. | 他就回不了家了 更别提登月了 |
[58:03] | The flight plan for today is basic takeoff and landing maneuvers. | 今天只需进行基本的起飞和降落操作 |
[58:07] | Each of you will fly the bedstead up to an altitude of 300 feet, | 每人驾驶机器 升空至300英尺 |
[58:10] | hover for 30 seconds, | 盘旋30秒 |
[58:12] | execute a 360-degree clockwise spin, | 进行360°顺时针翻转 |
[58:15] | hover for another 30 seconds, | 再次盘旋30秒 |
[58:16] | and then land the vehicle on the landing target. | 然后降落在指定地点 |
[58:19] | No frills, nothing fancy. | 别耍花架子 不用故意卖弄 |
[58:21] | Just up, hover, spin, hover and land. | 升空 盘旋 翻转 盘旋 着陆 |
[58:26] | – We clear? – Clear. | -明白了吗 -明白了 |
[58:30] | Tracy? | 特蕾西 |
[58:33] | Clear, sir. | 明白 长官 |
[58:37] | Flight order. Tracy, Patty, Ellen, Dani, Molly. | 飞行顺序 特蕾西 帕蒂 艾伦 丹妮 莫莉 |
[59:11] | Stand by for liftoff in three, two, one. | 起飞倒计时 三 二 一 |
[1:00:01] | Go. Let’s go. Move it out! | 快快快 跟上 |
[1:00:04] | All emergency personnel report immediately to Flight Ops tarmac. | 所有应急救援人员立刻前往飞行任务场 |
[1:00:09] | Situation red. | 红色警报 |
[1:00:11] | Repeat: All emergency personnel report immediately to Flight Ops tarmac. | 重复 所有应急救援人员立刻前往飞行任务场 |
[1:00:16] | Situation red. | 红色警报 |
[1:00:27] | – Tracy! – Gordo, Gordo. | -特蕾西 -戈登 戈登 |
[1:00:28] | – Tracy! Tracy. – No, no. It’s okay. | -特蕾西 特蕾西 -我没事 |
[1:00:32] | Gordo! | 戈登 |
[1:00:40] | Patty. It was Patty. | 帕蒂 是帕蒂 |