时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | My name is Henry Morgan. | 我叫亨利·摩根 |
[00:03] | My story is a long one. | 我的故事说来话长 |
[00:06] | Over the years, | 过了这么多年 |
[00:07] | you could say I’ve become a student of death. | 可以说我已经是死亡学家了 |
[00:10] | I need to find a key to unlock my curse. | 我得找出破除诅咒的良方 |
[00:15] | Something happened nearly two centuries ago. | 差不多两个世纪前发生了一点意外 |
[00:17] | And I was transformed. | 我被转化了 |
[00:19] | My life is just like yours. | 我的生命和你的几乎一样 |
[00:21] | Except for one small difference. | 除了一个小小的差别 |
[00:24] | It never ends. | 我的生命从没有尽头 |
[00:28] | Every time I die, I always return in water, | 每次我经历死亡 总是会回到水里 |
[00:31] | And I’m always naked. | 而且总是一丝不挂 |
[00:33] | Now you know as much about my condition as I do. | 现在我的情况你知道得差不多了 |
[00:36] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[00:42] | I hope to see you again. | 下回见 |
[00:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:57] | God, what I wouldn’t give. | 天哪 我才不会爱这种东西 |
[01:00] | What you wouldn’t give to what? | 爱什么 |
[01:04] | You’d break your hip, Abraham. | 亚伯拉罕 那样你会摔烂你的屁股 |
[01:06] | I wouldn’t be so sure. | 这可不一定 |
[01:08] | I was extremely dexterous in my youth. | 我年轻的时候手脚可灵活了 |
[01:10] | Perhaps we have a different recollection of those days. | 我怎么没有印象 |
[01:13] | I seem to recall quite a few trips to the dentist’s office | 我反倒记得在你学骑车的那段时间 |
[01:15] | when you were learning to ride your bike. | 我带你去看了好几次牙医 |
[01:16] | Well, we all evolve over time, | 人都要变的 |
[01:19] | at least most of us do. | 至少大部分人是这样 |
[01:21] | Please tell me | 别告诉我 |
[01:22] | you aren’t slaving away in that dungeon of yours. | 你又在你的地牢里鼓捣了这么久 |
[01:24] | Come on. It’s the weekend. | 这可是周末 |
[01:26] | I was in my laboratory, studying. | 我是在实验室里做研究 |
[01:28] | I’ve made an incredible discovery about my condition. | 针对我的情况 我已经有了一个重大发现 |
[01:31] | That you can pass on the secret of everlasting life? | 你已经破解了永生的秘密 |
[01:33] | Better. | 比这更好 |
[01:35] | I may have just found a way to die. | 我好像发现了一种死法 |
[01:39] | Youth is wasted on the immortal. | 让不死之人永葆青春真是浪费 |
[01:43] | So, I’ve been gathering data on my awakenings. | 我一直在收集苏醒时的数据 |
[01:46] | On your what? | 什么证据 |
[01:47] | When I emerge from the water. | 就是我浮出水面的时候 |
[01:48] | I’m uncomfortable with the term “Rebirth.” | 我不太喜欢”重生”这个词 |
[01:50] | Strange that’s the part that makes you uncomfortable, | 我很好奇为什么让你不舒服的是这个词 |
[01:52] | but, okay. | 不过无所谓了 |
[01:53] | Anyway, when charting my exact reappearances, | 言归正传 根据目击者口供和偶有的警方报告 |
[01:55] | as using witness accounts and the occasional police report, | 把我每次重新出现的时间列成表格 |
[01:58] | and comparing them with my likely times of deaths. | 再把它们和我估算的死亡时间进行比较 |
[02:02] | Well, what? | 然后呢 |
[02:04] | Sometimes, I stay dead longer. | 有时候我死的更久 |
[02:08] | Only by a few seconds | 虽然只是多了几秒钟 |
[02:09] | but still it’s something. | 但是这肯定代表了什么 |
[02:10] | I think it may have to do with the method of death. | 我觉得这和不同的死法有关 |
[02:12] | Visceral damage versus nerve damage. | 比如内脏损伤跟神经损伤就有区别 |
[02:16] | Where are you going? This is fascinating. | 你要去哪里 这个发现太棒了 |
[02:17] | No, it’s depressing. | 不 这个发现让我很沮丧 |
[02:19] | Well, let me ask you a question. | 让我来问你个问题 |
[02:21] | I mean, let’s say that one of these cockamamie | 假设你其中一个荒唐的实验 |
[02:23] | experiments really works. | 终于成功了 |
[02:24] | I mean, would you really do it? | 你真的会选择去死吗 |
[02:28] | Do you want to be gone that badly? | 你就真的这么想死 |
[02:30] | Well, no. No. | 不 不是的 |
[02:31] | No, that’s not what I’m saying. | 我不是这个意思 |
[02:42] | I want to grow old, | 我想要变老 |
[02:44] | experience the cycle of life, | 经历人生的各种阶段 |
[02:46] | have gray hair, | 长出灰白的头发 |
[02:47] | become a curmudgeon like you. | 变成一个像你一样的老顽固 |
[02:51] | Well, I, I realize that glaucoma and sciatica | 你肯定很想尝试青光眼 |
[02:55] | must seem very glamorous to you. | 和坐骨神经痛 |
[02:56] | But just because you can’t grow old, | 虽然你无法老去 |
[02:59] | that doesn’t mean you can’t evolve. | 但这并不代表你不能有所变化 |
[03:01] | Well, what would you have me do? | 那你想我怎么做 |
[03:02] | If I had your condition, | 如果我是你的话 |
[03:05] | everything. | 我会尝试所有可能 |
[03:19] | Hey, that’s my briefcase! | 那是我的公文包 |
[03:20] | Someone, help! | 来个人帮忙啊 |
[03:40] | Stop him! Get him off me! Help! | 快阻止他 把他拉开 救命 |
[03:58] | Call 911! | 快打911 |
[04:05] | There is a whole litany of things we can do | 要想让死亡离我们远远的 |
[04:07] | to keep death at bay. | 有很多事情可以做 |
[04:09] | Exercise, eat well, put on sunscreen. | 比如锻炼 健康饮食 涂防晒霜 |
[04:13] | And though you might try to bargain with death, | 尽管你会想尽办法争取 |
[04:15] | bear no delusions. | 但别搞错了 |
[04:17] | It will find you. | 人终有一死 |
[04:20] | So if you spend all your time hiding from death, | 如果你把时间都用来躲避死神的追踪 |
[04:22] | or, in my case, searching for it, | 或者像我一样 寻找死亡的方法 |
[04:24] | I guess the question is, were you ever really alive? | 我只能问你一句 你真的活过吗 |
[04:29] | Morning, Doc. | 早安 医生 |
[04:30] | How was your weekend? | 你的周末过得怎么样 |
[04:32] | Wistful stroll, through central park, maybe? | 绕着中央公园漫无目的地散步 |
[04:35] | Hulu “Scandal” Marathon? | 看了一周末的《丑闻》 |
[04:36] | Maybe some scarf shopping? | 买了几条围巾 |
[04:38] | I worked. | 我在工作 |
[04:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:40] | Would you like to hear about my weekend? | 你想知道我的周末怎么样吗 |
[04:42] | I would not. | 不想 |
[04:42] | Good. Because I was not interested in sharing. | 很好 我也没兴趣和你分享 |
[04:46] | Okay. Deceased name is Bill Sayle, 67 years old. | 死者名叫比尔·塞尔 67岁 |
[04:49] | E.M.S. picked him up in Chinatown, | 救护车在中国城发现他 |
[04:51] | possibly killed by a mugger. | 有可能是被抢劫者杀了 |
[04:53] | Judging by the state of his knuckles, | 看他的指关节 |
[04:54] | Mr. Sayle fought back. | 塞尔先生当时回击了 |
[04:56] | Light concavity on his ring finger | 无名指轻微的凹陷 |
[04:58] | says he must have worn a wedding ring, | 说明他曾经戴着婚戒 |
[05:00] | but not for the last year, | 不过去年就不戴了 |
[05:01] | since I don’t see a tan line. | 因为没有日晒留下的痕迹 |
[05:02] | Also, there’s some sort of soot on his fingers. | 手指上有少许烟尘 |
[05:07] | Subtle gray flannel with a hook vent | 灰色法兰绒面料 钩形衩设计 |
[05:10] | and a soft shoulder. | 还有软垫肩 |
[05:11] | It must have been bought at least 30 years go, | 这件西服起码有30年了 |
[05:13] | but it’s been re-tailored recently. | 但最近它被重新熨过 |
[05:15] | Stain on his shirt, grape slushie, I believe. | 衬衫上的污渍应该是葡萄冰沙 |
[05:18] | Now, let’s take a look at what’s going on underneath. | 现在我们来看看衣服底下是什么 |
[05:26] | He’s ripped! 1 | 瞧这肌肉 |
[05:27] | He’s 67? He looks like me. | 他67岁了 但看起来和我差不多 |
[05:31] | After my morning crunches. | 在我早上做完仰卧起坐之后 |
[05:36] | What could have done this to his body? | 是什么令他的身体有这样的变化 |
[05:38] | One thing’s for sure — | 有一件事可以肯定的是 |
[05:40] | never can tell how old someone is just by looking at him. | 光从外表是看不出一个人的年龄的 |
[05:57] | You didn’t happen to move m-14 8536 — | 你是不是挪过M14 8536号 |
[06:00] | that John Doe with – the neck tattoos, did you? | 就是那个脖子上有纹身的无名氏 |
[06:02] | Okay, thanks, Jim. | 好 谢谢 吉姆 |
[06:04] | Hey, Anton. Thanks for the doughnut. | 安东 谢谢你的甜甜圈 |
[06:05] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[06:07] | Careful. | 小心点 |
[06:08] | We don’t need more dead people around here. | 我们这不需要更多的死人 |
[06:12] | Caught the mugger trying to check into an urgent care. | 那名抢劫犯在急救处登记时被我们抓了 |
[06:14] | Not the sharpest pencil in the box. | 不是很难搞 |
[06:16] | He still had the briefcase on him. | 他身上还带着公文包 |
[06:17] | Should we be charging him with the homicide? | 我们应该控告他谋杀吗 |
[06:19] | Mr. Sayle – wasn’t killed by the mugger. | 塞尔先生 不是被抢劫者所杀 |
[06:21] | He didn’t have a single contusion, abrasion, | 他身上毫无挫伤 擦伤 |
[06:23] | or laceration on him, | 或是任何伤口 |
[06:25] | other than on his knuckles. | 除了他的指关节之外 |
[06:27] | His heart – was in perfect condition. | 他的心脏状态良好 |
[06:29] | He had dense bone mass – | 还有很好的的骨密质 |
[06:31] | and robust muscles and joints. | 强健的肌肉和关节 |
[06:33] | Okay, so, then, why did this perfect specimen die? | 那为什么这个完好无缺的家伙还是死了 |
[06:36] | His brain. | 是因为他的大脑 |
[06:38] | Look at the texture — the amyloid plaques. | 看看这些组织 这些淀粉样斑块 |
[06:41] | That’s disgusting. | 太恶心了 |
[06:41] | It’s as if he was suffering | 他当时似乎正饱受老年痴呆 |
[06:42] | from Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s | 帕金森氏综合症以及亨廷顿舞蹈病的痛苦 |
[06:45] | all at the same time. | 三种病同时来袭 |
[06:46] | Essentially, what we have here is a 67-year-old man | 本质上来说 这是一位 |
[06:49] | with the body of a 30-year-old | 拥有一个30岁的年轻身体 |
[06:50] | and the brain of a 100-year-old. | 和一个100岁大脑的67岁老人 |
[06:52] | So you’re saying – he died of natural causes. | 所以你的意思是他自然死亡 |
[06:54] | I’d say the opposite of “Natural.” | 恰恰相反 |
[06:55] | I found this concoction in his stomach. | 我在他的胃里找到了这个混合物 |
[06:58] | In fact, there was – nothing else in his system. | 事实上 他的身体里什么也没有 |
[06:59] | Don’t quote me just yet, | 先别引用我的话 |
[07:00] | but I believe this is what killed him. | 但是我想这才是他致死的原因 |
[07:02] | What is it? Poison? | 是什么 毒药吗 |
[07:03] | Bile… | 胆汁 |
[07:04] | with a hint of… | 加入了少许的 |
[07:06] | artificial vanilla. | 人造香草 |
[07:07] | A shake, maybe. | 也许是奶昔 |
[07:09] | Yummy. | 美味 |
[07:12] | Mark Sayle, the decedent’s son, | 马克·塞尔 死者的儿子 |
[07:13] | is here to talk to you. | 来找你 |
[07:22] | It’s not my dad. | 这不是我爸 |
[07:23] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[07:24] | I mean, it’s him. | 是他 |
[07:25] | It’s just…that’s not the man who raised me. | 但不是养大我的那个人 |
[07:28] | My dad rode the train home to my mom in New Jersey | 35年以来 我爸每晚坐火车回到新泽西州 |
[07:30] | every night for 35 years | 回到我妈身边 |
[07:31] | and fell asleep on his recliner. | 在他的躺椅上睡着 |
[07:33] | He certainly didn’t have a body like that | 他肯定没有如此强健的体魄 |
[07:35] | or do crossfit | 或是去健身 |
[07:37] | or stay out partying with kids half his age… | 或者在外面和只有他一半年纪的小朋友狂欢 |
[07:42] | Before… | 在 |
[07:45] | Before your mother passed. | 在我母亲过世前 |
[07:49] | Of cancer. Two years ago. | 两年前她死于癌症 |
[07:53] | After that, – he became a different person. | 在那之后 他变成了另外一个人 |
[07:55] | He forgot about my mom, and he forgot about us. | 他忘记了我妈 忘记了我们 |
[08:01] | Will you give us permission to open your father’s briefcase? | 我们能打开你父亲的公文包吗 |
[08:15] | That’s my mom. | 那是我妈妈 |
[08:18] | Yeah, she was beautiful. | 她很漂亮 |
[08:20] | We all have different ways of dealing with loss. | 对于亲人的逝去 我们都有不同的处理方式 |
[08:22] | He never forgot her. | 他从未忘记过她 |
[08:24] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[08:26] | “Youth. Vitality. Vigor.” | “青春 活力 有精气” |
[08:31] | The ouroboros, or a snake eating its own tail. | 衔尾蛇 也就是一条咬自己尾巴的蛇 |
[08:34] | It suggests eternal renewal. | 表明了永恒的延续 |
[08:37] | I wonder if that has something to do with the condition | 不知道这和你父亲的身体状况 |
[08:39] | of your father’s body. | 是否有关系 |
[08:41] | Or maybe this does. | 或者是和这笔钱有关 |
[08:45] | Looks like about 7 grand. | 看上去有七千块左右 |
[08:47] | You have any idea what this was for? | 你知道这钱是用来干什么的吗 |
[08:49] | No. | 不知道 |
[08:50] | He definitely didn’t get that kind of money from me. | 这么多钱肯定不是我给他的 |
[08:53] | It seems logical why | 看来这倒是说得通 |
[08:54] | he would chase down his briefcase in Chinatown. | 他为什么在唐人街追抢他的公事包 |
[08:58] | You know what he was doing there? | 你知道他去那干什么吗 |
[08:59] | He lived in Jersey. | 他住在新泽西 |
[09:01] | Always told me he hated downtown. | 总是和我说他讨厌市区 |
[09:04] | I guess there was a lot I didn’t know about my dad. | 看来我爸有很多事我并不了解 |
[09:12] | So, this is where Bill Sayle ended up, | 看来这里就是比尔·塞尔的死亡地点 |
[09:13] | but it’s not gonna help us much. | 但是这也帮不了我们什么 |
[09:14] | The mugger decided which direction to run. | 那名抢劫犯决定逃跑的方向 |
[09:16] | We got to figure out where he started. | 我们得搞清楚他是从哪开始的 |
[09:22] | There. | 在那 |
[09:25] | Skid marks? | 刹车痕迹 |
[09:26] | They’re fresh. | 刚留下的 |
[09:28] | Bill Sayle had a layer of soot on his left hand | 比尔·塞尔的左手有一层油烟 |
[09:31] | and a line of it on his left pant leg. | 左边裤脚上有一条油烟线 |
[09:35] | He must have crossed the street… | 他肯定是穿过马路 |
[09:36] | and almost got hit by a car. | 然后差点被车撞上 |
[09:39] | Over there. | 那里 |
[09:44] | I found noodle fragments and wood splinters | 我在比尔·塞尔的鞋子里 |
[09:46] | in Bill Sayle’s shoes. | 找到一些面条渣和木屑 |
[10:04] | Hey, Henry. | 亨利 |
[10:05] | This is weird, even for you. | 就算是你 这种行为也很奇怪 |
[10:06] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[10:08] | Hints of grape slushie. | 葡萄冰沙的味道 |
[10:10] | There was a stain on his shirt. | 他的衣服上有一块污渍 |
[10:12] | The old pickpocket routine | 老扒手惯用的手法 |
[10:14] | spill, grab, and run. | 弄脏你的衣服 抢钱 然后跑 |
[10:15] | This is where Bill Sayle started. | 这里是比尔·塞尔开始的地方 |
[10:17] | Around the corner is where his night ended. | 到了转角 他的夜晚就结束了 |
[10:19] | So, where was he going with all that cash? | 他带着这么多现金要去哪 |
[10:21] | A 67-year-old man who hated downtown. | 一个讨厌市区的67岁老人 |
[10:26] | He didn’t fit in here. | 他和这里格格不入 |
[10:31] | And neither does she. | 她也是 |
[10:35] | Heels that high means she doesn’t do much walking. | 这么高的高跟鞋说明她不需要走太多的路 |
[10:38] | She gets driven. | 肯定有什么目的 |
[10:39] | I’m willing to bet she knows | 我愿意打赌她一定知道 |
[10:40] | what you can get around here for 7 grand. | 七千块能在这里干什么 |
[10:59] | An ouroboros. | 衔尾蛇 |
[11:01] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[11:02] | All right, get behind me. | 好了 站我身后去 |
[11:21] | I wonder what they’re selling here. | 我想知道他们这儿卖什么的 |
[11:24] | Youth. Vitality. Vigor. | 青春 活力 有精气 |
[11:27] | Welcome to Aterna. | 欢迎光临回春堂 |
[11:29] | I’m Dr. Frederick Gardner. | 我是弗雷德里克·加德纳医生 |
[11:31] | Let me ask you one simple question — | 让我问你一个简单的问题 |
[11:34] | Do you want to live forever? | 你想长生不老吗 |
[11:37] | I thought so. | 我想是的 |
[11:42] | What exactly is it that you sell here, doctor? | 您这儿到底是卖什么的 医生 |
[11:44] | Youth. Vitality. | 青春 活力 |
[11:46] | Vigor. Yeah — we heard. | 有精气 是的 我们听到了 |
[11:48] | But specifically? | 但具体是什么呢 |
[11:49] | Our premier product is called Aterna. | 我们的主要产品是回春剂 |
[11:51] | It’s essentially a high-end supplement | 本质上它是一种高端药物 |
[11:53] | that has revolutionized aging. | 能革命性地延缓衰老 |
[11:55] | How high-end are we talking? | 到底是有多高端 |
[11:56] | Well, given the proprietary nature of the research, | 考虑到这项研究的专利性 |
[11:59] | a regimen of Aterna can get quite pricy. | 回春剂养生法价格不菲 |
[12:03] | Here’s our menu list. | 这是我们的项目单 |
[12:04] | Your clients spend – thousands of dollars a week | 你的顾客每周花上千美金 |
[12:07] | just to look young? | 就是为了让自己看起来年轻些吗 |
[12:08] | No. | 不 |
[12:09] | To be young, detective. | 是变年轻 警官 |
[12:10] | Aterna makes you a better version of yourself. | 回春剂让你成为更好的自己 |
[12:13] | There’s a reason professional athletes | 专业运动员使用能提高成绩的药物 |
[12:15] | turn to performance-enhancing drugs | 是有原因的 |
[12:17] | and a reason why they were banned. | 这些药物被禁止也是因为这个原因 |
[12:20] | It’s because they worked. | 因为它们的确能起作用 |
[12:21] | For the rest of us, | 对于我们普通人而言 |
[12:22] | we can literally turn back the clock. | 我们可以返老还童 |
[12:24] | This is the future of medicine. | 这是医药界的未来 |
[12:26] | Except that – one of your patients died. | 除了一点 你的一位客户死了 |
[12:29] | Well, we don’t guarantee everlasting life — | 我们是不能保证永生的 |
[12:32] | Just more vitality while you’re here. | 只保证你活着的的时候活力四射 |
[12:34] | The reality is many of our clientele | 事实是 我们许多客户 |
[12:36] | are in the twilight of their years. | 都已到垂暮之年了 |
[12:38] | Unless it was your product that killed him. | 除非是你的产品杀了他们 |
[12:40] | We take every measure | 我们采取了一切措施 |
[12:42] | to make sure Aterna is completely safe. | 来确保回春剂是百分百无害的 |
[12:44] | We’re registered with the FDA. | 我们在美国食品和药物管理局注册过的 |
[12:46] | If I thought there was anything dangerous about Aterna, | 假如我觉得回春剂有什么危险之处 |
[12:48] | I wouldn’t drink it every day. | 我也不会每天喝它了 |
[12:50] | So, tell me, doctor, | 所以告诉我 医生 |
[12:52] | what exactly is in it? | 它的成分到底是什么 |
[12:53] | Well, it’s a bit complex. | 这还真有点复杂 |
[12:55] | I’ll try and keep up. | 我会尽力理解的 |
[12:57] | Let’s say | 这么说吧 |
[12:57] | we took into account the newest research in human growth hormone — | 我们参考了对人类生长激素最新的研究 |
[13:01] | Coenzyme Q10, testosterone, TA-65, | 辅酶Q10 睾丸酮 Ta-65 |
[13:04] | and others. | 还有其他的一些 |
[13:05] | Yeah, about that — | 是啊 关于这一点 |
[13:06] | we’re gonna need a sample to take with us. | 我们需要带一份样本走 |
[13:08] | I’m sorry, detective. | 不好意思 警官 |
[13:09] | Demand has been so high | 这药的需求量太大了 |
[13:10] | that we have a waiting list a mile long. | 客户都排长队等着呢 |
[13:13] | I don’t think you understand. | 我觉得你没理解我的意思 |
[13:14] | This is an NYPD investigation. | 这是纽约警局的一次调查 |
[13:17] | Well, if that’s true, | 假如真是这样的话 |
[13:18] | I would feel much more comfortable if you had a warrant. | 我希望你们能提供一份搜查令 |
[13:21] | Dr. Gardner? | 加德纳医生 |
[13:23] | May I speak with you for a moment? | 我能和您说句话吗 |
[13:25] | Privately. | 单独 |
[13:27] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[13:31] | Dr. Gardner’s had two very skillful plastic-surgery procedures. | 加德纳医生经历了两次技术高超的整容手术 |
[13:35] | He’s had his jaw line shaved down and a rhinoplasty. | 他的下颚线削尖了 还隆了鼻 |
[13:38] | So he’s a little vain. | 所以他有点爱慕虚荣 |
[13:40] | That’s what they’re selling around here. | 他们这里卖的也就是这个 |
[13:41] | One procedure’s very feminizing, | 一个手术让他变得非常女性化 |
[13:43] | and the other’s made his nose longer. | 另一个手术把他的鼻子变长了 |
[13:44] | Both very strange choices | 对于一个非常在意自己外貌的男人而言 |
[13:46] | for a man who cares so much about his appearance. | 这两个选择都非常奇怪 |
[13:48] | Yeah, but not for someone | 没错 但是对一个 |
[13:49] | who’s looking to drastically change himself. | 想彻底改变自己的人来说就不奇怪了 |
[13:54] | Things are piling up. | 事情都堆成山了 |
[13:55] | I need to get back to my patients. | 我得回去应付我的病人们了 |
[13:56] | Thank you so much for your time. | 谢谢您抽出时间 |
[13:58] | What you’re doing here sounds amazing. | 你们的研究听起来很棒 |
[14:00] | You don’t happen to have a card, do you? | 您带名片了吗 |
[14:03] | Well, sure. | 当然带了 |
[14:05] | There’s one in my office. | 我办公室有一张 |
[14:06] | It’s right this way. | 这边请 |
[14:07] | Does it have your personal number? | 上面有您的私人号码吗 |
[14:08] | I mean, just in case I have a question. | 以防我有什么疑问 |
[14:14] | There you are. | 给你 |
[14:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:22] | I beg your pardon. I’m sorry to bother you. | 请原谅 不好意思打扰一下 |
[14:23] | I’m new here, and, uh… | 我是新来的 然后… |
[14:25] | I’m a little bit hesitant. | 我有点犹豫 |
[14:27] | How has your experience been? | 您在这儿的体验如何 |
[14:28] | Amazing. | 很好 |
[14:29] | You have nothing to be worried about. | 你没什么可担心的 |
[14:31] | I mean, Aterna’s changed my life. | 回春剂改变了我的生活 |
[14:33] | I’m sure, I guess, that wasn’t too hard. | 我确定 生活都没这么艰难了 |
[14:35] | Because of your recent divorce? | 是因为你最近离婚的事吗 |
[14:38] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[14:39] | You’re reading a magazine | 你在看一本杂志 |
[14:40] | with a subscription label that calls you “Mrs.”, | 上面订阅标签写的是”夫人” |
[14:43] | and yet you don’t have a wedding ring. | 但你却没戴婚戒 |
[14:46] | He wanted the younger model. | 他想要年轻的模特 |
[14:48] | Well, that was foolish on his part. | 这是他蠢 |
[14:51] | Careful. | 小心 |
[14:52] | Oh, I’m so sorry! | 不好意思 |
[14:55] | It’s fine. I’m a klutz. | 没关系 我笨手笨脚的 |
[14:57] | Please. Allow me. | 拜托 请让我来 |
[14:58] | Thank you. It’s fine. | 谢谢 没关系的 |
[15:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:04] | Uh, for what it’s worth… | 顺便说一句 |
[15:06] | from my perspective, you don’t need Aterna. | 在我看来 你不需要回春剂 |
[15:10] | Well, you’re just saying that because I’m on it. | 你这么说只是因为我正在服用 |
[15:16] | Were you just flirting with that woman? | 你刚才是在跟她调情吗 |
[15:18] | She had a kind smile. | 她笑起来很和气 |
[15:20] | But purely for research. | 但我只是为了调查 |
[15:22] | I want to know what’s inside this. | 我想知道里面到底有什么 |
[15:24] | Very suave. | 还真是老练 |
[15:25] | While you were doing that, | 你在偷药的同时 |
[15:26] | I lifted the doctor’s prints. | 我拿到了医生的指纹 |
[15:29] | What are the chances that Dr. Gardner’s hiding something? | 加德纳医生有事瞒着我们的可能性有多大 |
[15:32] | So, let me ask you again — | 我再问一遍 |
[15:34] | do you want to live forever? | 你想要长生不老吗 |
[15:39] | The future of medicine is here. | 医学的未来就在这里 |
[15:42] | Hudson Valley Sanitarium will be open for business | 哈德逊谷疗养院即将开张 |
[15:44] | with all the newest and most relevant equipment. | 这里有所有最先进最便利的设施 |
[15:47] | Electrotherapy, hydrotherapy — | 电疗 水疗 |
[15:49] | scientifically proven | 科学证明 |
[15:50] | to treat everything from neuralgia | 能够治疗包括神经痛 |
[15:52] | to tuberculosis and tic douloureux. | 肺结核 三叉神经痛在内的所有疾病 |
[15:54] | We combine modern medicine… | 我们运用现代药物与… |
[15:56] | Electricity cleaning bacteria from your blood. | 电流能清除血液里的细菌 |
[15:59] | Radioactive water fixing nerve damage. | 放射性水能修复破坏的神经 |
[16:02] | People actually believe this nonsense? | 人们真信这种胡说八道 |
[16:03] | Well, I think people will do anything | 我觉得人为了不死 |
[16:05] | to keep death at bay — | 什么都做得出来 |
[16:06] | even you. | 你也是 |
[16:08] | Let’s change that. | 让我们改变这一点 |
[16:09] | Me? | 我 |
[16:11] | How so? | 怎么会 |
[16:12] | I seem to recall a certain physician pleading for mercy | 我记得某个内科医生某晚在德尔莫尼科家 |
[16:15] | after an errant eve at Delmonico’s. | 在犯错后不断求饶 |
[16:18] | Gin and oysters – will make a mule of any man. | 杜松子酒和牡蛎吃多了谁都会脑子不清楚 |
[16:21] | James, these patients are legitimately ill | 詹姆斯 这些人是真的病了 |
[16:24] | and need the counsel of real doctors. | 需要真正医生的帮助 |
[16:25] | Oh, come on now, Henry. | 得了 亨利 |
[16:27] | There’s no need to take it as a personal affront. | 没必要把这看成是对你的冒犯 |
[16:29] | But this man’s a charlatan, | 但这家伙就是个骗子 |
[16:30] | giving these people false hope. | 尽宣扬些虚无缥缈的希望 |
[16:32] | Look, medicine changes so rapidly. | 医学发展得太快了 |
[16:34] | Who knows what the future holds? | 谁知道未来会成什么样 |
[16:36] | But maybe one of these wonder drugs | 也许有一天这些神效药之中 |
[16:39] | will keep you alive someday. | 就有救你命的东西 |
[16:41] | Are you happy with the way you feel today? | 今天你满意自己的状况吗 |
[16:43] | Let’s change that! | 让我们改变这一点 |
[16:48] | I thought you were gonna get out of this dungeon of death. | 我以为你离开这个死亡地牢了 |
[16:51] | I’m not studying death. | 我没在研究死亡 |
[16:52] | I’m doing research on a wonder drug — | 我在研究一种特效药– |
[16:54] | a modern-day fountain of youth. | 摩登时代的青春之泉 |
[16:56] | Speaking for all of us septuagenarians, | 作为广大古稀老朽的代表 |
[16:59] | I must ask, does it work? | 我得问一问 有用吗 |
[17:01] | It’s too early to tell, | 现在下定论还太早 |
[17:02] | but my instinct is probably not. | 但我的直觉告诉我可能没用 |
[17:05] | I can’t even decipher what’s in it. | 我甚至不能分析出里面有什么 |
[17:07] | What have you found so far? | 目前为止你发现什么了 |
[17:08] | Well, it seems to be a blend of hormones | 看起来像是激素混合物 |
[17:10] | mixed with concentrated doses of vitamins and minerals | 还掺有浓缩的维他命和矿物质 |
[17:13] | and some sort of mammalian cellular matter. | 和一些类似哺乳动物细胞的物质 |
[17:15] | Beef protein, perhaps? | 也许是牛肉蛋白 |
[17:17] | Sounds delicious. Maybe I should try it. | 好像挺好吃的 也许我该试试 |
[17:18] | Oh, I’d be careful. | 是我就会小心一点 |
[17:20] | The decedent looked great — | 死者看上去很不错 |
[17:21] | had the body of a man half his age, | 尸体年龄只有他真实年龄的一半 |
[17:23] | but his brain was full of holes. | 但大脑已经是千疮百孔了 |
[17:26] | Well, maybe I’ll hold off. | 那我还是再看看吧 |
[17:28] | Age gracefully, like you. | 像你一样 体面地老去 |
[17:30] | Thank you, Abe. | 谢谢 亚伯 |
[17:31] | You don’t look a day over 200. | 你看起来根本不像两百多岁的人 |
[17:35] | All right, 250. | 好吧 250岁 |
[17:49] | Hey, hey, Smitty. | 斯密提 |
[17:51] | where did, uh, Jane Doe 8611 go? | 8611号无名女尸去哪了 |
[17:54] | How the hell should I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[17:55] | Who signed her out last? | 昨晚是谁签字让她被领走的 |
[17:56] | Which — uh… | 签字的… |
[17:58] | your signature. | 是你 |
[17:59] | Where did you put her? | 你把她放哪了 |
[18:00] | Come on, man. You got to help me. | 拜托了 兄弟 你得帮帮我 |
[18:02] | Two — two M.E.s got fired last year for losing one body, | 去年丢了一具尸体就有两个法医被开除 |
[18:05] | and I… may have lost two. | 而我…好像丢了两具 |
[18:08] | Two?! | 两具 |
[18:09] | Yeah. Shh, shh, shh. | 对 小点声 |
[18:10] | Okay? I’m — I’m in serious trouble here. I’m freaking out. | 我真摊上大事了 都快疯了 |
[18:13] | Today, in particular, I am super-psyched I’m not you. | 今天 我真的特别高兴我不是你 |
[18:17] | See ya! | 回头见 |
[18:26] | Detective. There you are. | 警官 你来了 |
[18:29] | I’ve spent all night | 我花了一整晚 |
[18:30] | distilling and separating the compounds found in Aterna. | 提炼分离回春剂里的化合物 |
[18:33] | Sounds like a real bender. And? | 听起来真够呛的 结果呢 |
[18:35] | Traces of ubiquinol, idebenone, fluoxymesterone, | 里面含有泛醇 艾地苯醌 氟氢甲睾酮 |
[18:38] | and extracts from astragalus membranaceus. | 还有黄芪的提取物 |
[18:41] | I have no idea what you just said. | 我根本不明白懂你说的是什么 |
[18:43] | Dr. Gardner mentioned | 加德纳医生说过 |
[18:44] | some of the premium compounds found in Aterna. | 回春剂里含有多种高级昂贵的成分 |
[18:47] | These are cheaper variations. | 但这些成分都很廉价 |
[18:49] | He’s been cutting corners. | 他一直在偷工减料 |
[18:50] | And if he is, | 如果是这样的话 |
[18:51] | he may have put in something that | 他可能用了其他的成分 |
[18:53] | caused real damage to his patients’ brains. | 给病人的大脑造成了真正的损伤 |
[18:55] | Like eating holes through them? | 比如腐蚀大脑形成孔洞 |
[18:57] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[18:58] | Except Dr. Gardner isn’t Dr. Gardner. | 不过这个加德纳医生不是真的加德纳医生 |
[19:01] | I pulled his prints from his business card. | 我在他名片上提取了指纹 |
[19:02] | His real name is Harold Price. | 他的真名是哈罗德·普莱斯 |
[19:04] | Zero medical training. | 从未受过医学培训 |
[19:05] | Two years ago, he had a wellness clinic in Miami, | 两年前 他在迈阿密开过一家疗养所 |
[19:08] | where two of his patients died mysteriously. | 两名病患离奇死亡 |
[19:10] | He shut the clinic down and disappeared until now. | 他关了诊所消失了 如今才又出现 |
[19:14] | If there’s something lethal in Aterna, | 如果回春剂里有致命成分 |
[19:15] | we have to close that clinic down. | 我们必须关闭那家机构 |
[19:17] | I already filed for an injunction. | 我已经申请了禁令 |
[19:18] | You better pack your swimsuit. | 你最好快去拿泳衣 |
[19:21] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[19:22] | Oh, we have to pay the doctor a house call. | 我们要去医生家一趟 |
[19:24] | He’s in the Hamptons. | 他住汉普顿[美国度假胜地] |
[19:47] | Well, only the best money can buy. | 土豪才负担得起 |
[19:49] | Be nice, detective. | 警官 说话客气点 |
[19:50] | They may be very kind women. | 她们可能是好姑娘 |
[19:53] | They’re only playing the cards they’ve been dealt. | 她们只是认命地生活 |
[19:56] | Not everyone was born so lucky. | 不是每个人都生来好运 |
[19:58] | Are you trying for charming? | 你是在讨好我吗 |
[20:00] | Oh, please, you must know that you’re attractive — | 拜托 你一定知道你很吸引人 |
[20:02] | scientifically speaking, | 科学角度上来说 |
[20:03] | the distance between your eyes | 你的眼睛间距 |
[20:04] | is 44% the width of your face. | 占了你整张脸的44% |
[20:07] | 46% is considered optimal, but you’re in the zone. | 46%被认为是黄金比例 但你在最佳范围 |
[20:10] | Wide eyes, high cheekbones — | 宽眼距 高颧骨 |
[20:12] | It’s not my taste, mind you. | 不过我告诉你 这不是我的取向 |
[20:13] | I prefer a more flawed look. | 我比较喜欢不完美的脸 |
[20:14] | But empirically speaking, detective, | 但是实际上来说 警官 |
[20:16] | you’re quite hot. | 你很正 |
[20:19] | Looks don’t go very far in my chosen profession. | 长相在我这个行业里并不能帮我多少 |
[20:21] | It’s more of a liability, actually. | 实际上 它更多的是一种负担 |
[20:23] | And I appreciate – the effort to conceal them. | 那我很欣赏你竭力隐藏美貌的努力 |
[20:25] | But just so you know, it’s not working. | 但我还是要告诉你 并没有成功 |
[20:30] | There you are — the good doctor. | 你在这里啊 好医生 |
[20:34] | Not sure I sent you an invite. | 我不觉得我邀请你了 |
[20:36] | You two seem a bit overdressed. | 你们俩看上去穿的有点多 |
[20:38] | I’m sure we could find something | 我确定能找到一些 |
[20:39] | for you to slip into, detective. | 适合你穿的衣服 警官 |
[20:41] | Not actually planning on staying. | 其实我们并没有打算长待 |
[20:43] | Just came to give you a lift. | 只是过来载你一程 |
[20:44] | Hoping you would join us downtown. | 希望你能跟我们去一下市区 |
[20:46] | Sounds like a blast. | 听上去蛮有意思的 |
[20:47] | But as you can see, I have company in my home. | 但是你们也看到了 家里这么多客人 |
[20:51] | I’m confused. Whose home is this? | 我有点混乱了 这是谁的家 |
[20:53] | Dr. Gardner’s or Mr. Price’s? | 是加德纳医生的家 还是普莱斯先生的家 |
[20:55] | That is your real name, right? Harold Price. | 那是你的真名 对吧 哈罗德·普莱斯 |
[21:00] | What are they talking about? Who is Harold Price? | 他们在说什么 谁是哈罗德·普莱斯 |
[21:03] | Dr. Gardner’s real name before he changed it. | 加德纳医生改名之前的真名 |
[21:06] | He opened a wellness clinic in Florida | 他之前在佛罗里达开过疗养所 |
[21:07] | where two patients died. | 两位病人死于诊所 |
[21:09] | That was not my fault. | 那不是我的错 |
[21:11] | Honey, let me just clarify this misunderstanding with them, | 亲爱的 让我跟他们澄清这个误解 |
[21:15] | and I’ll come and join you in a minute, okay? | 晚点我就去找你 好吗 |
[21:22] | It was a terrible thing that happened. | 那是一件可怕的事情 |
[21:23] | But I assure you that I had nothing to do with their deaths. | 但是我向你们保证我跟他们的死没任何关系 |
[21:25] | I have no doubt. | 我不怀疑 |
[21:27] | You have neither the training nor the intellect | 你没有受过培训也没有那个智力 |
[21:29] | to conceive a drug as complex as Aterna. | 来创造一个如回春剂般复杂的药品 |
[21:31] | But we need to know who did. | 但是我们需要知道是谁做的 |
[21:34] | Not here. | 别在这说 |
[21:36] | I’ll come with you. | 我跟你们走 |
[21:38] | Can I – at least put some clothes on? | 我可以先换下衣服吗 |
[21:40] | I wish you would. | 我也希望你去换 |
[21:50] | Well, hello again. | 又见面啦 |
[21:52] | Do I…Know you? | 我…认识你吗 |
[21:54] | We met at the Aterna office. | 我们在回春堂办公楼见过 |
[21:56] | I probably had on a scarf. | 我当时大概围着围巾 |
[21:58] | I’m sorry. I don’t remember. | 真抱歉 我不记得了 |
[22:03] | Perhaps you’ve had enough to drink. | 可能你喝得太多了 |
[22:06] | I don’t drink alcohol. | 我不喝酒 |
[22:13] | Sparkling water? | 苏打水 |
[22:34] | I need names, photos, and statements | 我需要这个派对上每个人的名字 照片 |
[22:35] | of every person at this party — now. | 还有陈述 马上就要 |
[22:40] | So, the killer likely entered here coming from the pool. | 凶手可能是通过游泳池进到这里的 |
[22:42] | He attacked Dr. Gardner from behind | 他从背后袭击加德纳医生 |
[22:44] | with an arm around his throat. | 用手臂缠绕住他的喉咙 |
[22:46] | Yeah, the mirror – would have shown his reflection, | 从这个镜子 本应能看到他的身影 |
[22:48] | But the victim never turned. | 但是死者并没有转身 |
[22:50] | He was stabbed in the fifth intercostal space | 他被刺中左胸骨缘 |
[22:52] | at the left sternal border — | 第五个肋间 |
[22:54] | a precise wound. | 一个相当精准的伤口 |
[22:56] | A precise killer. Didn’t waste a moment. | 一个严密的凶手 一点都没浪费时间 |
[22:58] | Excuse me? May I borrow those? | 不好意思 我可以借用一下这个吗 |
[23:01] | You got something? | 你发现什么了 |
[23:08] | A single stab wound – with a disposable scalpel. | 一刀毙命 而且用的是一次性手术刀 |
[23:12] | We’re looking for someone with medical training. | 我们要找的嫌犯有医学教育背景 |
[23:22] | Look at those spots. | 看看这些点 |
[23:24] | It’s like something’s eating his brain. | 就好像有人在吃他的脑子 |
[23:26] | Dr. Gardner was suffering from | 加德纳医生有着和比尔·塞尔 |
[23:27] | the same neurodegenerative disorder as Bill Sayle was. | 一样的神经退化疾病 |
[23:30] | So if he didn’t get stabbed… | 就是说如果他没有被刺 |
[23:32] | He would have died anyway. | 不管怎么样他也会死的 |
[23:33] | That is massively unlucky. | 那真是大不幸 |
[23:35] | Or lucky, if you consider getting stabbed | 或者他也是幸运的 试想被刺死 |
[23:37] | less painful than your brain turning to swiss cheese. | 总比你的脑子慢慢变成瑞士奶酪少很多痛楚 |
[23:39] | The one correlation we have — | 我们现有的关联是 |
[23:41] | they were both taking Aterna. | 他们都有吃回春剂 |
[23:43] | Yeah, but we ran the tox reports. We found nothing. | 但是我们做过毒性测试 没有问题 |
[23:45] | I don’t believe in nothing. | 我不信它没有问题 |
[23:47] | I’m a scientist and, quite frankly, a skeptic. | 我是个科学家 更确切地说是个怀疑论者 |
[23:49] | There’s always something, | 肯定有问题的 |
[23:51] | so long as you know what to look for. | 只要你知道你要找的是什么 |
[24:06] | When Mulgrave told me, I thought he was joking. | 马尔格雷夫告诉我时 我还以为他在开玩笑 |
[24:08] | What are you doing here, James? | 你在这干什么 詹姆斯 |
[24:16] | I’m just trying to feel better, live longer. | 我只是想感觉舒服些 活得长些 |
[24:20] | You’ve read the literature. | 你也读过那篇文章 |
[24:21] | Are you toying with me? | 你在逗我玩吧 |
[24:23] | We laughed – about people who did this. | 我们嘲笑过那些那么做的人 |
[24:24] | Well, maybe we’ve been closed-minded, then. | 那可能是我们太老思想了 |
[24:27] | There’s no logical reason for you to be here. | 你没有任何合理的理由出现在这里 |
[24:30] | – This isn’t science. This is magic. – Stop. | -这不是科学 这是魔法 -闭嘴 |
[24:33] | Now you’re being a fool. I’m taking you out of here. | 你现在就是个傻子 我要带你走 |
[24:35] | Calm down, Henry. You — | 淡定 亨利 你 |
[24:54] | Yes. | 没错 |
[24:56] | Your gift for instant diagnosis is correct. | 你的即时诊断天赋是正确的 |
[25:01] | James… We’re gonna fix this. | 詹姆斯 你会好的 |
[25:04] | We’re both men of science. | 我们都是讲究科学的人 |
[25:06] | The Europeans have been reporting | 欧洲人在报道 |
[25:07] | all sorts of novel treatments. | 很多新颖的治疗方法 |
[25:09] | There is no cure for tuberculosis. | 肺结核是治不好的 |
[25:12] | We don’t even know what causes it. | 我们甚至都不知道病因是什么 |
[25:15] | Yes, we are men of science, Henry… | 我们的确是讲究科学的人 亨利 |
[25:20] | Until it fails us. | 直到它让我们失望 |
[25:32] | Tuberculosis! | 肺结核 |
[25:34] | Is that still a thing? | 现在这还是个事吗 |
[25:35] | For centuries, – it’s been turning healthy lungs | 多个世纪以来 这个病把健康的肺 |
[25:37] | into rotting, decaying tissue. | 变成腐烂 衰变的组织 |
[25:40] | I just ordered Chinese. | 我刚叫了中餐外卖 |
[25:41] | We didn’t even know it was a bacterial infection until 1882. | 直到1882年 我们才知道是细菌造成感染 |
[25:45] | And then it took us another 20 years to learn | 然后我们又花了二十年才知道 |
[25:47] | that it can be transmitted via infected cow’s milk. | 它可以通过染病的牛所产的奶传播 |
[25:50] | Okay, so how does that tie into our case? | 这和我们的案子有什么关系 |
[25:52] | I was looking for a compound in Aterna | 我一直在找回春剂里 |
[25:54] | that could be causing this damage, | 会造成这种损害的化合物 |
[25:55] | but what if the Aterna itself | 但如果是回春剂本身 |
[25:57] | was infected with something? | 感染了什么呢 |
[25:59] | Wouldn’t you have seen it on the tox report? | 那你该在毒检报告上看出点什么 |
[26:00] | Not if it was a prion disease. | 如果是朊病毒就不会 |
[26:02] | A what? | 你说什么 |
[26:03] | Prions — they’re neither bacterial nor viral. | 朊病毒…既不是细菌也不是毒菌 |
[26:05] | And they’re not alive. They’re simply bits of protein. | 它们没有生命 只由少量蛋白质简单构成 |
[26:07] | That’s why they never showed up on any tests. | 所以任何检验都无法发现它们 |
[26:09] | But when prions infect you, | 但当你被朊病毒感染时 |
[26:11] | they cause bizarre neurological symptoms | 会出现奇怪的神经系统病状 |
[26:13] | because they’re eating holes through your brains. | 因为它们会吞噬洞穿你的大脑 |
[26:19] | What are you doing? | 你要做什么 |
[26:19] | I-I have to get ahold of | 我要找到 |
[26:20] | every person – who ever went to that clinic, | 所有去过那家诊所的人 |
[26:22] | get them to stop drinking this stuff, and | 让他们停止喝这个东西 然后 |
[26:23] | I’m gonna need you to explain that prion thing | 我要你向众多市里的官员 |
[26:25] | to a whole bunch of city officials. | 解释朊病毒的事 |
[26:26] | Jo…It gets worse. | 乔…情况其实更糟 |
[26:29] | You catch a prion disease by ingesting infected tissue. | 要感染朊病毒 你需要摄入被感染的组织 |
[26:32] | And prions reside in human neuro tissue. | 而朊病毒存在于人的神经组织里 |
[26:37] | Brains? These people are eating brains? | 大脑 这些人在吃脑髓吗 |
[26:39] | Drinking them. | 是喝 |
[26:41] | The more important question is this — | 更重要的问题是… |
[26:43] | Where are those brains coming from? | 那些脑髓是从哪里得来的 |
[26:47] | How many missing Jane and John Does are there, Lucas? | 有多少具无名尸体不见了 卢卡斯 |
[26:51] | You know about the missing bodies? | 你知道丢失尸体的事了吗 |
[26:52] | You’ve been nervous about losing someone for two days | 这两天因为丢失尸体 你一直神经紧张 |
[26:54] | because you never lose anything — | 因为从你六岁时把你父亲的 |
[26:56] | Not since you left your father’s first-edition | 首版《沙丘》小说忘在地铁里后 |
[26:58] | “Dune” novel on the subway when you were 6. | 你就再也没弄丢过任何东西… |
[27:00] | You remember that story. | 你记得那件事 |
[27:02] | How many, Lucas? | 丢了多少 卢卡斯 |
[27:03] | Yes! Uh… Between us, Brooklyn, | 是的 在我们 布鲁克林 |
[27:06] | Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, | 布朗克斯 皇后区 斯塔顿岛之间 |
[27:08] | I’ve tracked down 12 over the last year. | 我查到去年一共丢了12具尸体 |
[27:10] | You have lists of who could have checked out the bodies. | 你列好了那些能接触到尸体的人的名单 |
[27:12] | I’ve talked to every morgue attendant, | 我已经跟所有去过殓房的人和 |
[27:13] | every MSAT driver. | 运送尸体的司机谈过了 |
[27:15] | You tell me every single detail of your life. | 告诉我你生活中的每一个细节 |
[27:18] | Do that now, beginning with the missing John Doe. | 现在说 从那具丢失的无名尸开始 |
[27:21] | Now? Just — uh, o-o-okay, well, that was Monday. | 现在吗 好吧 那天是周一 |
[27:25] | And, um… | 而且… |
[27:26] | Oh, and it was my ex-girlfriend’s birthday. | 而且那天是我前女友的生日 |
[27:29] | So I walked into storage, | 所以我走进停尸房 |
[27:31] | thinking about how she loved black labs. | 想着她超喜欢黑色拉布拉多犬 |
[27:35] | Why don’t I just get her one? | 我为什么不买一条给她呢 |
[27:38] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[27:39] | Uh, I was drinking a Colombian dark roast | 那时我在喝我从包底调制法的店 |
[27:41] | that I got from that place that does the pour-overs, | 买的哥伦比亚焦炒咖啡 |
[27:43] | and the flavors melded perfectly with the doughnut | 那咖啡的味道和我正在吃的甜甜圈 |
[27:46] | that I was eating. | 完美地结合在一起 |
[27:47] | Tell me about the doughnut, Lucas. | 跟我说说那个甜甜圈 卢卡斯 |
[27:49] | The doughnut? | 甜甜圈 |
[27:50] | Lucas doesn’t usually eat doughnuts. | 卢卡斯不常吃甜甜圈 |
[27:52] | Eh, it was…yeasty. But it wasn’t too yeasty. | 它有恰到好处的蓬松感 |
[27:56] | The texture was delightful. | 口感丰满诱人 |
[27:57] | They come from this special bakery down in Brighton Beach. | 是布莱顿海滩一家特定的面包房做的 |
[27:59] | I saw you licking sugar – off your fingers that morning, | 那天早上我看到你舔…手指上沾到的糖 |
[28:02] | and you don’t live in Brighton Beach. | 而你不住在布莱顿海滩 |
[28:04] | Who gave you the doughnuts, Lucas? | 那个甜甜圈是谁给你的 卢卡斯 |
[28:07] | Anton. | 安东 |
[28:08] | Anton Vann, our E.M.S. Guy. | 安东·范恩 给我们送尸体的司机 |
[28:11] | He — he brings me one every time he delivers a body. | 他…他每次送尸体来时都给我带一个 |
[28:13] | To distract you – when he leaves with another. | 为了分散你的注意力 偷走别的尸体 |
[28:16] | Hey, this is Jo Martinez. | 我是乔·马丁内兹 |
[28:18] | I need a bolo on one Anton Vann. | 帮我发安东·范恩的全境通缉令 |
[28:27] | NYPD. Don’t move. | 纽约警局 别动 |
[28:29] | Do not move! | 别动 |
[28:30] | Anton, you’re under arrest. | 安东 你被逮捕了 |
[28:48] | We have records to prove you stole 12 | 我们有证据证明你偷了城里 |
[28:50] | John and Jane Does across the city | 十二具无名尸体 |
[28:53] | to harvest their pituitary glands. | 来采集脑下腺体 |
[28:57] | They didn’t need them anymore. | 反正他们也不需要那个了 |
[28:58] | Maybe you should take this a little more seriously. | 也许你该态度认真点 |
[29:01] | You’re gonna get at least 10 years for fraud, theft, | 你将会因诈骗 偷窃 损害尸体等罪 |
[29:06] | tampering with a corpse. | 至少被判十年 |
[29:07] | But that is child’s play, | 但跟谋杀哈罗德·普莱斯的 |
[29:09] | compared to a sentence – for the murder of Harold Price. | 刑罚比起来 这些都不值一提 |
[29:12] | Who? | 谁 |
[29:13] | Dr. Gardner. | 加德纳医生 |
[29:17] | We have witnesses – who place you at his party. | 我们有证人…目击你去了他的派对 |
[29:20] | We also checked your ambulance. | 我们还检查了你的救护车 |
[29:23] | Your kit was missing one disposable scalpel. | 你工具箱里的一次性手术刀不见了 |
[29:26] | And guess – what Price was stabbed with. | 而你猜猜…普莱斯是被什么刺死的 |
[29:30] | Who was Harold Price – working with to make the Aterna? | 哈罗德·普莱斯是跟谁合作制作回春剂 |
[29:34] | Now, he didn’t have a science background. | 他没有科学教育背景 |
[29:36] | He was just a salesman. | 他以前只是个推销员 |
[29:37] | You give me a name, and I will talk to the D.A. | 告诉我是谁…我会和检察官陈情 |
[29:44] | or I could have a conversation with immigration. | 否则我就去告诉移民局 |
[29:47] | I am sure they would just love to send you back home, | 我相信他们很乐意把你遣送回国 |
[29:51] | have you stand trial in the Ukraine. | 让你在乌克兰受审 |
[29:53] | I made the Aterna. | 回春剂是我做的 |
[29:55] | I trained to be a chemist in Ukraine. | 我在乌克兰接受过化学教育 |
[29:57] | But when I moved to America, this was all I could do. | 但当我搬来美国后 我只能做个司机 |
[30:00] | – You ready to put that in writing? – Yes. | -你准备把它写进供词 -是的 |
[30:02] | I’ll put all of it in writing. | 我会把这些全部写进供词 |
[30:09] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[30:14] | You’re gonna break the mirror. You realize that? | 你会把镜子敲碎 你知道吗 |
[30:16] | I apologize. Before you secure a confession, | 我很抱歉 在你确认安东证词之前 |
[30:18] | I need you to ask Anton something verbatim. | 我需要你一字不差地问他 |
[30:21] | “When you extracted the complex peptide | “当你从脑下腺 |
[30:23] | from the pituitary gland, | 提取肽化合物时 |
[30:25] | Did you use the Ribowsky method?” | 你是否使用了瑞保斯基法” |
[30:33] | My colleague has a simple question — | 我的同事要问你个简单的问题 |
[30:35] | when you extracted the complex peptide | 当你从脑下腺中 |
[30:37] | from the pituitary glands, | 提取肽化合物时 |
[30:39] | did you use the Ribowsky method? | 你是否使用了瑞保斯基法 |
[30:43] | Of course I did. | 当然用了 |
[30:51] | He didn’t do it. | 不是他做的 |
[30:52] | Which part of it? | 你是说哪部分 |
[30:53] | Anton definitely – stole the Jane and John Does, | 肯定是安东偷走了无名尸体 |
[30:55] | and he murdered Dr. Gardner — that’s clear. | 杀了加德纳医生 这点毫无疑问 |
[30:57] | But there’s no Ribowsky method. | 但瑞保斯基法根本不存在 |
[30:59] | He doesn’t have the scientific experience | 他根本没有医学经验 |
[31:01] | to have created Aterna. | 不可能创造回春剂 |
[31:02] | Sorry to interrupt, but we found this | 抱歉打断下 但我们在关闭诊所时 |
[31:03] | when we closed down the clinic. | 发现了这个 |
[31:04] | It’s a list of all the Aterna patients. | 这是回春堂全部客户的名单 |
[31:06] | Okay, we’ve got to get ahold of | 我们必须找到 |
[31:08] | every single one of these people, | 这张单子上的每个人 |
[31:09] | get them to stop drinking this stuff. | 让他们停止服用那玩意 |
[31:12] | Henry? Are you all right? Hey. | 亨利 你没事吧 |
[31:15] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[31:17] | Uh, this painting would be a fine addition to any collection. | 这张画是件极好的收藏品 |
[31:20] | But what about resale value? | 转售的话值多少呢 |
[31:22] | Well, I always thought beautiful women never go out of style. | 我一直认为美女永远不会过时 |
[31:25] | Abraham! Did you take it?! | 亚伯拉罕 你吃了吗 |
[31:27] | Take what? | 吃什么 |
[31:28] | I’m sorry. The store’s closed. | 不好意思 本店打烊了 |
[31:30] | Hey! Hey — hey, come back in five | 五分钟后再来好吗 |
[31:32] | after this crazy gentleman has cooled off. | 等这位疯小伙冷静下来就好 |
[31:34] | Oh, don’t joke about this, Abraham! | 别开玩笑了 亚伯拉罕 |
[31:35] | Did you take the Aterna?! | 你服用回春剂了吗 |
[31:36] | What?! Why would you think that? | 什么 你为什么会这么想 |
[31:38] | Because I saw your name on the list of patients. | 因为我在病人名单上看到了你的名字 |
[31:40] | Oh, somebody slipped me a brochure | 那是有个人在麻将比赛时 |
[31:42] | at a mahjong tournament. | 给我塞了一本小册子 |
[31:44] | I only went in for a consultation. | 我就是去咨询一下的 |
[31:45] | I never took any of it. | 没吃任何东西 |
[31:51] | So you lied to me — right to my face. | 所以你当着我的面骗我 |
[31:53] | What happened to growing old gracefully? | 说好的优雅地变老呢 |
[31:55] | I’ve done it. | 我已经那样做了 |
[31:56] | Now I’m old, and I’ve done it gracefully. | 我现在老了 而且是优雅地老了 |
[31:58] | So, what? You want to be young? | 所以 你是想变年轻吗 |
[32:00] | No! | 不是 |
[32:03] | Maybe. Some– sure. | 也许 有时候 当然想 |
[32:05] | That’s not why I went up there. | 但那不是我去那里的理由 |
[32:08] | Then why? | 那为什么 |
[32:10] | Because… | 因为 |
[32:13] | Because sometimes I worry. | 因为有时候我会很担心 |
[32:20] | I mean, I think… | 我是说 我想 |
[32:23] | Who’s gonna take care of you when I’m gone? | 我要是走了谁来照顾你 |
[32:35] | And by the way, you should know me better than that. | 还有你要知道我没蠢到那个地步 |
[32:37] | I’m a doctor’s son. | 我是医生的儿子 |
[32:38] | Do you think I’d be taken in by any of that hokum? | 你真以为我会信那些鬼话吗 |
[32:40] | I asked them so many questions, | 我问了他们好多问题 |
[32:41] | they had to trot the chemist out to explain it to me. | 他们不得不叫化学家来跟我解释 |
[32:45] | What chemist? | 什么化学家 |
[32:46] | The beautiful one. | 就是长得很漂亮的那个 |
[32:47] | And she’s smart, too. | 而且还很聪明 |
[32:50] | God, what eyes. | 那双眼睛美极了 |
[32:52] | Would you know her if you saw her? | 你要是再看到她能认得出来吗 |
[32:54] | Hey, don’t insult me. | 别瞧不起我 |
[32:58] | Eyes a little bigger, a-and the jaw not so square. | 眼睛更大点 下巴没这么方 |
[33:02] | 瑞典籍电影女演员 好莱坞黄金时代最伟大的女演员之一 | |
[33:02] | Are you familiar with Ingrid Bergman? | 你知道英格丽·褒曼吗 |
[33:04] | She has Ingrid’s eyes. | 她的眼睛和英格丽很像 |
[33:08] | T-that’s close. That’s close. | 差不多 就这样差不多 |
[33:14] | Your sister is here to see you. | 你妹妹来看你了 |
[33:31] | Go now. | 快走 |
[33:37] | Got it. Got a match. | 搞定 找到匹配的了 |
[33:40] | That’s Dr. Gardner’s girlfriend. | 这是加德纳医生的女朋友 |
[33:42] | She was the brains behind Aterna. | 她就是回春剂的制造者 |
[33:44] | Sasha Savchenko — 28. | 萨莎·萨弗申科 28岁 |
[33:47] | She’s a Ukrainian chemist. | 乌克兰化学家 |
[33:49] | Moved here on – a medical-school visa in 2011. | 2011年持医学院签证搬到这里 |
[33:52] | Last known address in Brighton Beach, | 最近的地址在布莱顿海滩 |
[33:53] | living with her brother. | 和她哥哥住在一起 |
[33:55] | Anton Vann. | 安东·范恩 |
[34:12] | 1 train now arriving. | 一号列车进站中 |
[34:17] | We have a unit – headed to her house right now. | 我们已经派了一组人前往她家 |
[34:20] | Dr. Morgan? Your, uh, roommate is on the phone. | 摩根医生 你的室友找你 |
[34:25] | I see the chemist from the clinic. | 我看到诊所里的那个化学家了 |
[34:26] | The beautiful one. | 就是漂亮的那个 |
[34:29] | I’m gonna follow her. | 我要跟着她 |
[34:30] | Stay right where you are, Abraham! | 站着别动 亚伯拉罕 |
[34:31] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[34:32] | I left the precinct. I went to the subway. | 我从店里出来 去了地铁站 |
[34:34] | I’m — I’m at… | 我 我在 |
[34:37] | Abe?! | 亚伯 |
[34:42] | I need you to put out a bolo on this woman. | 你去发这个女人的通缉令 |
[34:44] | Henry, do you have a photo of Abe? | 亨利 你有没有亚伯的照片 |
[34:45] | It’s Wednesday, so Abe should be heading | 今天星期三 所以亚伯应该是去 |
[34:46] | to the Russian bars on 50th and Broadway. | 五十大道和百老汇之间的俄罗斯酒吧 |
[34:48] | The next 1 train station is at 18th street. | 最近的一号线车站是在十八街 |
[34:51] | But given the frequency of the trains uptown | 结合每天这个时候往城外发出的 |
[34:52] | at this hour of the day, | 列车的频率 |
[34:53] | he should be at 23rd in 6 minutes. | 他应该会在六分钟后到达二十三街 |
[35:13] | Next stop — 23rd street. | 下一站 二十三街 |
[35:24] | Hello? This is Henry Morgan’s roommate. | 你好 我是亨利·摩根的室友 |
[35:27] | Please stand clear of the closing doors. | 车门即将关闭 请保持距离 |
[35:29] | I’m on the 1 train. | 我在一号线列车上 |
[35:30] | Still on at 23rd, but I think… | 还在二十三号街 但是我觉得 |
[35:40] | She didn’t get out at 23rd. | 她没在二十三街下车 |
[35:45] | Next stop — 34th street-penn station. | 下一站 三十四街车站 |
[36:00] | She’s getting off. She’s getting off. | 她下车了 她要走了 |
[36:02] | She’s getting out. | 她下车了 |
[36:16] | Officer! | 警官 |
[36:17] | I need you to arrest that woman. | 我要你逮捕那个女人 |
[36:19] | Why? What did she do? | 为什么 她做了什么 |
[36:20] | I-it’s a little complicated. | 情况有点复杂 |
[36:21] | She’s a chemist who’s been making, Uh, | 她是个化学家 |
[36:22] | shakes out of human brains. | 一直在撬开人脑 |
[36:25] | O-kay. Have you eaten today, sir? | 你吃饭了吗 先生 |
[36:28] | A little nosh. What does that got to do with anything? | 吃了点点心 这跟这事有什么关系 |
[36:30] | Take it easy, sir. | 放松点 先生 |
[36:31] | Take your hands off me. | 别碰我 |
[36:32] | – Check all the incoming cars. – Abe! | -检查所有驶入车辆 -亚伯 |
[36:36] | Do you know this guy? | 你认识他吗 |
[36:36] | Thank God. Will you tell this moron | 谢天谢地 你能告诉这个傻瓜 |
[36:38] | that I’m here on official police business? | 我是在执行警方公务吗 |
[36:40] | – No, you’re not! – Hey, w-which way did she go? | -不 你没有 -她往哪边走了 |
[36:42] | There! There! | 那边 那边 |
[36:44] | Hey, hey! What about me?! | 那我呢 |
[36:45] | Keep him there! | 让他待在那儿 |
[36:47] | Sir… Don’t call me a moron. | 先生 别叫我傻瓜 |
[37:13] | You were at the party. | 你当时有在派对上 |
[37:14] | I’m not the police, Sasha. | 我不是警察 萨莎 |
[37:17] | I’m a doctor, | 我是名医生 |
[37:19] | just like you studied to be. | 和你一样是学医的 |
[37:24] | I know you’ve been making the Aterna. | 我知道是你一直在制造回春剂 |
[37:31] | I…didn’t know it was hurting people. | 我不知道它在害人 |
[37:34] | I-I wasn’t going to sell it. I was going to destroy it. | 我没有要卖掉它 我是准备销毁的 |
[37:37] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[37:39] | It was good when we used the stem-cell line, | 我们用干细胞生产的时候 它没有问题 |
[37:41] | but… they were expensive. | 但是太昂贵了 |
[37:53] | He threatened to tell I.N.S. about me | 他威胁说如果我不按他说的做 |
[37:55] | if I didn’t do what he wanted. | 就要去移民局举报我 |
[37:58] | And that’s why you asked your brother for help. | 所以你才向你哥哥求助 |
[38:00] | I just wanted it to work. | 我只是想成功 |
[38:03] | You can’t imagine – what I was giving people — | 你想像不到 我给了人们什么 |
[38:06] | what I was able to do. | 我能做到什么 |
[38:08] | It was your brother that killed Dr. Gardner, not you. | 是你哥哥杀了加德纳医生 不是你 |
[38:12] | Anton was scared – someone would find out about me. | 安东很害怕 会有人发现是我做的 |
[38:15] | Dr. Gardner didn’t deserve to die. | 加德纳医生并不该死 |
[38:17] | None of those people deserved to die. | 这些人都不该死 |
[38:20] | But it’s my fault. | 但这是我的错 |
[38:21] | Stop! Drop the bag! | 停下 把包放下 |
[38:23] | Put your hands up where I can see them! | 把手放在我能看见的地方 |
[38:24] | – Jo, wait! – Drop it! | -乔 等等 -放下 |
[38:25] | I have to go now. | 我得走了 |
[38:27] | – Stop! – Henry! | -停下 -亨利 |
[38:35] | You’re too young to die. | 你还年轻 不应该死 |
[38:46] | We managed to get in touch with all the Aterna clients, | 我们成功联系上了所有回春堂的客户 |
[38:48] | and the first question out of everyone’s mouth was, | 而每个人问的第一个问题都是 |
[38:50] | “When will I be able to get more?” | “什么时候我还能拿到更多” |
[38:53] | everyone wants to be young again. | 每个人都想重获青春 |
[38:55] | Not everybody. | 不是每个人 |
[38:58] | I worry about you, detective. | 我可担心你了 警官 |
[39:00] | You have breakfast at your desk before anyone arrives | 你在所有人上班前在办公桌上吃早餐 |
[39:03] | and dinner after everyone leaves. | 在所有人走后吃晚饭 |
[39:05] | Then you go home to sleep. | 然后你就回家睡觉 |
[39:07] | There’s more to life. | 生活的意义可不止这一点点 |
[39:09] | Be careful, Henry. You start talking about | 小心点 亨利 你要再敢说 |
[39:11] | the perfect symmetry of my face again, | 我脸型有多么匀称 |
[39:13] | And I’ll draw my sidearm. | 我可就拔枪了 |
[39:14] | Abe’s always telling me to enjoy life. | 亚伯总是告诉我要享受生活 |
[39:17] | I think I’m doing the same thing here. | 我想我正在这里享受着呢 |
[39:22] | This is the most exciting city in the world. | 这是世上最有意思的城市 |
[39:24] | There is someone out there | 总有那么个人 |
[39:26] | for all those breakfasts and dinners. | 会和你一起吃所有早餐和晚餐 |
[39:30] | Yeah, well, I already found him. | 我已经找到他了 |
[39:36] | He’s gone. | 他离开了 |
[39:44] | Good night, detective. | 晚安 警官 |
[39:48] | Good night, Henry. | 晚安 亨利 |
[39:52] | As sad and dreadful as death may be, | 尽管死亡会很悲伤可怕 |
[39:55] | it forces us to cherish every moment | 但它迫使我们珍惜每一刻 |
[39:57] | because the truth is… | 因为真相是… |
[39:59] | Life is precious because it’s finite. | 生命因有限而珍贵 |
[40:02] | We’re not giving up hope. | 我们不会放弃希望 |
[40:04] | I’ve been reading European journals. | 我一直在看欧洲的学术期刊 |
[40:07] | The French have seen results with plombage | 法国人用充填术来治疗肺衰竭 |
[40:09] | – to collapse lungs. – No. | -已经取得成果了 -不 |
[40:12] | There are still options. | 还有别的选择 |
[40:14] | No. | 不 |
[40:17] | Henry… | 亨利… |
[40:24] | I should have stopped a long time ago. | 我早就该停止了 |
[40:33] | I want to go outside. | 我想出去 |
[40:42] | Don’t give up. | 不要放弃 |
[40:44] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[40:47] | I’m giving in. | 我只是屈服了 |
[40:50] | Seeing it all as it should be. | 把这看成是命中注定 |
[40:55] | Henry, look. | 亨利 看 |
[40:57] | Look around. | 看看四周 |
[41:03] | It’s just all so beautiful. | 实在是太美了 |
[41:08] | When you’re immortal, | 当你是不死之身的时候 |
[41:09] | you have to be reminded of beauty. | 需要有人提醒你生活中的美 |
[41:12] | Days stretch into years, stretch into centuries. | 日复日 年复年 世纪复世纪 |
[41:15] | Time can lose its meaning. | 时间会失去意义 |
[41:17] | I mean, that — that was amazing yesterday, huh? | 我是说 昨天很精彩 对吧 |
[41:20] | Just like my old activist days at Berkeley. | 就像我当年在伯克利参加抗议的日子 |
[41:23] | And I got arrested! | 我还被捕了 |
[41:26] | I tell you something — I feel 40 years younger. | 跟你说 我觉得年轻了四十岁 |
[41:29] | I feel 40 years older. | 我觉得老了四十岁 |
[41:31] | I just need some alone time in my lab. | 我得去实验室单独呆会儿 |
[41:33] | I found another tidbit for my chart. | 我又找到了一个珍品 |
[41:34] | I-I-I refuse to allow you to spend one more moment in there. | 我不准你再进去多待一秒 |
[41:38] | Come on. I-I-I-I need you to help me with something. | 来吧 我要你帮我个忙 |
[41:44] | So however long you live, | 不管你活了多久 |
[41:46] | even though that might prove a very, very long time… | 就算那真的可能是一段很长很长的时光… |
[41:50] | You must tell yourself to live every day… | 你还是得告诉自己过好每一天… |
[41:52] | every hour, as if it could be your last. | 过好每小时 当做是你生命的终点来过 |
[41:59] | This may be a terrible idea. | 这也许是个很糟糕的主意 |
[42:01] | Yeah. Or a great one. | 也可能是很棒的主意 |
[42:04] | Are you absolutely sure you want to do this? | 你真的确定要这么做吗 |
[42:09] | You only live once. | 生命只有一次 |
[42:13] | I’ll see you on the other side. | 另一边见 |