时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Jason, what are you doing? | 杰森 你在做什么 |
[00:13] | Stop staring at the customers. | 不要盯着客人看 |
[00:15] | You know who that is over there? | 你知道坐在那的是谁吗 |
[00:17] | Guy in the suspenders? Some actor or something? | 那个穿吊带裤的人 是演员吗 |
[00:20] | It’s Oliver Clausten. | 那可是奥利弗·克莱斯顿 |
[00:21] | He’s the CEO of Clausten Capital Investments. | 他是克莱斯顿投资公司的总裁 |
[00:23] | They’re as big as you can get on Wall Street. | 华尔街最大的公司 |
[00:25] | I must have sent my resume over there 10 times. | 我往那儿投了不下十回简历 |
[00:27] | Well, be the best waiter he’s ever had, | 那就做他遇见过的最好的服务员 |
[00:29] | – and maybe… – Waiter? Dad, no. | -也许 -服务员 老爸 不 |
[00:31] | I… | 我 |
[00:32] | I got to show this guy what I can actually do for him. | 我得让他看看 我都能为他做些什么 |
[00:36] | No, Jason. Don’t bother them. | 别去 别打扰人家 |
[00:39] | How is everything over here so far? | 各位吃得怎么样 |
[00:41] | It’s excellent. Thank you. | 很棒 谢谢 |
[00:42] | Could be better, though, right? | 不过还能有改进 对吧 |
[00:48] | – Always. – Exactly. | -总是有的 -没错 |
[00:49] | Like, say, maybe if, instead of the check, | 如果说 除了账单 |
[00:52] | I slipped you a can’t-miss stock tip. | 我给你一条不容错过的股市建议呢 |
[00:58] | I love this. | 真棒 |
[01:00] | What do you got, kid? | 什么建议 小伙子 |
[01:03] | And then this kid tells me about this Chinese company | 后来那个小伙子说有家中国公司 |
[01:06] | that makes chips for mobile. | 他们制造手机芯片 |
[01:07] | I never heard of them. | 我从没听说过这家公司 |
[01:09] | As of market close today, however, | 但截止到今天收市 |
[01:12] | Clausten Capital Investment in Zhu Lai Electronics | 克莱斯顿投资公司在竺来电子的投资 |
[01:14] | has earned the firm and its clients over $83 million. | 已经为公司和客户带来超过8300万的利润 |
[01:19] | All right! Yes! | 太棒了 |
[01:24] | You’ve become like a son to me. | 你就像我儿子一样 |
[01:25] | And what can I say? | 我能说什么呢 |
[01:26] | I believe in spoiling my kids. | 对我的孩子 我就是要溺爱 |
[01:45] | The victim shows signs of alcohol intoxication. | 死者显现出酒精中毒的迹象 |
[01:48] | So, likely drunk, he climbed onto the barrier and fell. | 可能他喝醉之后 爬上栏杆摔死了 |
[01:51] | Well, why aren’t his hands wrinkled? | 为什么他的手没有起皱 |
[01:54] | Who’s that? | 你是谁 |
[01:55] | Me? Hi. | 我吗 你好 |
[01:58] | Lucas Wahl, Assistant M.E. | 卢卡斯·沃尔 助理法医 |
[02:00] | Yeah, I sat right next to you on the way up, so… | 来的时候我坐你旁边 |
[02:03] | I was just wondering why the victim’s hands | 我在想为什么死者的手 |
[02:05] | aren’t showing more signs of water swelling. | 没有被水泡肿的痕迹 |
[02:07] | You’ll have my official report by the end of the day. | 今天之内你会拿到我的正式报告 |
[02:10] | That’s fast. | 速度真快 |
[02:11] | We’ve been working with Dr. Morgan. | 我们之前是跟摩根医生合作 |
[02:13] | You sure you don’t want to do something weird or | 你确定不先对尸体做点诡异 |
[02:15] | disgusting to the body first? | 或恶心的事 |
[02:17] | You know, turn his head inside out or something. | 比如把他的脑袋打开什么的 |
[02:19] | Right. | 好吧 |
[02:20] | Look, I have one more question. | 我还有一个问题 |
[02:22] | Why would the victim climb the barrier | 死者为什么要在半夜 |
[02:24] | in the middle of the night? | 爬栏杆呢 |
[02:25] | The “why” is your job, detective. | 找出”为什么”是你的工作 警官 |
[02:30] | You miss him as much as I do? | 你是不是跟我一样想念他 |
[02:32] | The accent, the scarf… | 他的口音 他的围巾 |
[02:35] | the “Joie de death”? | 还有所谓的”死亡的喜悦” |
[02:37] | How long has he been out now? | 他离开多久了 |
[02:39] | Three weeks, two days, and a few hours. | 三周零两天再加几个小时 |
[02:41] | Who’s counting, though, right? | 不过谁记得呢 |
[02:44] | I’m worried about him, you know? | 我很担心他 |
[02:46] | I mean, he killed a man. | 他杀了一个人 |
[02:48] | I’m worried about him, too. | 我也担心他 |
[02:50] | I-I called over there a few times, but I got Abe. | 我打过几次电话 都是亚伯接的 |
[02:52] | – He said he was doing… – He’s doing fine. | -他说他… -他很好 |
[02:54] | Yeah, I know. I called, too. | 我也打过电话 |
[02:58] | Wonder what that guy does to keep himself busy. | 不知道他都做些什么让自己一直那么忙 |
[03:04] | Trap finally got one? | 终于捕到一只了 |
[03:07] | No, actually. | 其实不是 |
[03:07] | My initial examination suggests another cause. | 初步尸检表明致死的是别的原因 |
[03:11] | Henry, when are you thinking about going back to work? | 亨利 你打算什么时候回去工作 |
[03:13] | You see, the rat is incredibly thin. | 你看 这只老鼠非常瘦 |
[03:15] | It was likely hungry, | 它很可能饥肠辘辘 |
[03:16] | so it climbed up the length of the chimney– | 于是它爬过长长的烟囱 |
[03:19] | there are soot marks on its feet, | 脚上沾了煤灰 |
[03:21] | where it slipped and fell | 在烟囱里滑倒 摔下来 |
[03:22] | and broke several bones and then | 摔断了几根骨头 |
[03:25] | crawled into the trap. | 然后爬进了陷阱 |
[03:27] | Tragic. | 真悲剧 |
[03:27] | No, not really. | 我不这么认为 |
[03:29] | Look, Henry, I was all for you | 亨利 我完全理解 |
[03:30] | taking off some time from work after what happened. | 在事情发生之后 你想要休整一段时间 |
[03:33] | By “what happened,” you mean… | “事情” 你指的是 |
[03:34] | You having had to kill a psychopath | 你不得不杀掉一个 |
[03:36] | who attacked you in your home. | 在你家袭击你的疯子 |
[03:37] | Yes, that. | 就是那件事 |
[03:39] | You had no choice. It was self-defense. | 你别无选择 那是自卫 |
[03:42] | But that’s the thing, isn’t it? | 但这就是问题所在 不是吗 |
[03:45] | I had no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[03:53] | I was manipulated, outsmarted by this Adam. | 我被这个亚当耍得团团转 |
[03:58] | The caller said he was immortal, but this man is… | 来电的人说他是永生的 但这个人… |
[04:00] | Dead. | 死了 |
[04:02] | Very dead. | 死透了 |
[04:04] | He wasn’t the anonymous caller. | 匿名电话不是他打的 |
[04:06] | He made me kill a man. | 他让我杀了一个人 |
[04:07] | A very bad man. | 一个坏人 |
[04:09] | But does it matter? Adam’s won. | 这有关系吗 亚当赢了 |
[04:13] | Look, the only way he wins | 如果你就此放弃 |
[04:14] | is if you decide to pack it in | 只会坐在这解剖老鼠 |
[04:16] | and sit around here and sherlock rats. | 他才真正地赢了 |
[04:24] | Hello? | 你好 |
[04:27] | Hey, Marco. | 你好 马克 |
[04:28] | It’s good to… | 很高兴… |
[04:29] | What? | 什么 |
[04:31] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[04:34] | Marco, I’m coming over. | 马克 我马上过来 |
[04:36] | Yeah, a-all right. I’m so sorry. | 好的 请节哀 |
[04:41] | That was Marco, my old army buddy. | 刚才是马克 以前当兵时的兄弟 |
[04:45] | His son is dead. | 他儿子死了 |
[04:49] | There is risk anytime we venture into the unknown, | 未知的冒险旅程总伴随着风险 |
[04:53] | whenever we are compelled, for whatever reason… | 每当我们被迫 无论出于何故 |
[04:56] | to push away the safety of the familiar, | 逃离亲友的庇护 |
[04:58] | of family and home. | 抛下家庭的安稳 |
[05:00] | As promised, my report. | 说好的报告来了 |
[05:02] | My assessment remains accidental death by drowning. | 经评定我仍然认为这是溺水身亡的意外 |
[05:06] | And there is the notion | 有这样的观念 |
[05:07] | that this impulse is, indeed, for the best, | 认为这种刺激其实是有利的 |
[05:10] | that whatever doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. | 如果我们挺过去了就会让我们更强大 |
[05:15] | Unless, of course, it does. | 除非 我们没挺过去 |
[05:18] | A-ask about the glass. | 问问玻璃的事 |
[05:20] | What glass? | 什么玻璃 |
[05:20] | The small shards of dark glass found near the head wound? | 在头部伤口附近发现了深色玻璃渣 |
[05:23] | Likely unrelated to the C.O.D. | 与死因应该无关 |
[05:26] | Assistant M.E.s, like children, | 助理法医就跟孩子一样 |
[05:28] | should be seen and not heard. | 应该多加看管 也不能听他们乱说话 |
[05:30] | Don’t you agree, detective? | 同意吗 警官 |
[05:31] | Oh, absolutely. | 当然了 |
[05:33] | Well, most of the time, wouldn’t you say? | 大部分时间是 你说呢 |
[05:35] | Dr. Washington, Detective Martinez, Lucas, | 华盛顿医生 马丁内兹警探 卢卡斯 |
[05:38] | good to see you all. | 见到你们很高兴 |
[05:39] | Good to see you, Henry. | 见到你很高兴 亨利 |
[05:40] | Are you back? Please tell me you’re back. | 你回来了吗 拜托告诉我你回来了 |
[05:42] | Well, I did come in early this morning | 今天一大早我就来过 |
[05:43] | to examine Jason Fox’s body, | 给杰森·福克斯做尸检 |
[05:46] | along with some related forensic evidence. | 顺便看了下相关的法医证据 |
[05:48] | I hope you don’t mind. | 我希望你不要介意 |
[05:49] | He was the son of a friend of Abe’s. | 他是亚伯一个朋友的儿子 |
[05:51] | I took the opportunity | 我借机 |
[05:52] | to test the salinity of the water in his lungs. | 检测了他肺里水的盐分 |
[05:55] | As did I. | 我也测了 |
[05:56] | It’s within the range of the salinity of the East River. | 结果并未超出东河的盐度范围 |
[05:59] | But only at full moon, high tide, | 但那只是在满月和涨潮的情况下 |
[06:00] | not present on the night of the murder. | 不是谋杀案发生那晚的情况 |
[06:03] | And the nature of the head trauma | 头部创伤的类型 |
[06:04] | suggests that he was struck by an object traveling at speed | 显示出他曾被高速移动的物体击中 |
[06:07] | rather than an injury sustained in the fall. | 并非因跌落而造成的 |
[06:11] | And then, there’s the burn on the neck. | 还有 他脖子后面有一处灼伤 |
[06:14] | Unrelated to the C.O.D., in my opinion. | 我认为那也与死因无关 |
[06:17] | Yeah, fair enough. | 是的 很合理 |
[06:19] | But in my opinion, | 但我的看法是 |
[06:20] | both it and the fractures around the victim’s knees | 这处灼伤连同死者膝盖处的骨折 |
[06:24] | were incurred postmortem. | 都是在他死后造成的 |
[06:26] | Finally, there were the splinters of white pine | 最后 在他的指甲里面还发现了 |
[06:29] | under his fingernails. | 雪松的木屑 |
[06:30] | Why? | 为什么呢 |
[06:32] | Well, detective, it seems you would have a choice — | 警官 看上去该由你来抉择了 |
[06:35] | my analysis, | 我的分析报告 |
[06:36] | which will wrap up the case by the end of the day, | 可以使案子在今天之内就能够结案 |
[06:38] | or Dr. Morgan’s stew of suppositions and suggestions, | 而摩根医生混合着假设和暗示的结论 |
[06:41] | which will lead to paperwork and insanity. | 会带来无数的文书工作和精神错乱 |
[06:44] | Are you feeling okay, Henry? | 你还好吗 亨利 |
[06:46] | I’m fine. Thank you. | 我很好 谢谢你 |
[06:48] | I choose insanity. | 我选择精神错乱 |
[06:50] | Welcome back, Henry. | 欢迎回来 亨利 |
[06:51] | Yes! | 棒极了 |
[07:02] | I hear Henry’s back. | 我听说亨利回来了 |
[07:03] | Yeah. He turned up this morning. | 是的 他今早出现的 |
[07:05] | He’s gonna work the Fox case with me. | 他要和我一起调查福克斯的案子 |
[07:06] | How does he seem to you? | 你觉得他看起来怎么样 |
[07:08] | Seems okay. Same old Henry. | 看起来还好 和以前一样 |
[07:10] | Well, you and I both know that | 你我都清楚 |
[07:12] | examining dead bodies is a hell of a lot different | 给死者做尸检 和造成他人死亡 |
[07:14] | than being responsible for one. | 是完全不同的两回事 |
[07:16] | And Henry’s not a cop. | 亨利并不是警察 |
[07:17] | Taking a life and all that comes after that | 夺走一条生命 以及随之而来的那些事 |
[07:20] | isn’t something that he’s been trained for. | 他并没有接受过相关的训练去面对 |
[07:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:23] | I also know that coming back to work | 我也知道他回来工作 |
[07:25] | was one of the only things that made me feel better. | 是唯一可以让我好过些的事 |
[07:28] | And at least this way, I can keep an eye on him, right? | 这样至少我可以看着他 不是吗 |
[07:34] | When was the last time you spoke to Jason? | 你最后一次同杰森说话是什么时候 |
[07:37] | A week ago maybe. | 大概一周以前吧 |
[07:40] | But it was… just the usual. | 但就跟以往没什么不同 |
[07:43] | Quick. “How you doing, dad? I got to go.” | 很简短 “爸 你怎么样 我要挂了” |
[07:47] | Seemed like he was always in between meetings. | 好像他总有开不完的会 |
[07:51] | And don’t get me wrong. I-I was happy for him. | 别误解我的意思 我为他感到高兴 |
[07:54] | The kid worked like hell, | 这孩子工作很拼命 |
[07:56] | beat every odd to get to where he was, | 坐到今天这个位置他克服了很多困难 |
[07:59] | but since he started at that firm, | 但自从他开始在那个公司工作 |
[08:00] | it was like… | 就好像… |
[08:03] | it was like I lost a piece of him. | 就好像我失去了他的一部分 |
[08:07] | Did you know many of the people that he worked with? | 你认识跟他一起工作的那些人吗 |
[08:10] | I knew Hannah, his girlfriend. | 我认识汉娜 他的女朋友 |
[08:13] | She works there. | 她也在那工作 |
[08:15] | Nice enough girl. | 很漂亮的女孩 |
[08:17] | But, look, those people and that world, | 但是 那些人 那个世界 |
[08:22] | it’s all about money. | 一切都只向钱看 |
[08:25] | It’s not what I wanted for Jason. | 我不希望杰森成为那样的人 |
[08:26] | It’s not what I would have chosen for him. | 这不是我会为他选择的生活 |
[08:31] | And I can’t help but think… | 我忍不住会想… |
[08:34] | Think what? | 想什么 |
[08:36] | That if he hadn’t been part of it, | 如果他没有成为其中的一员 |
[08:38] | then, somehow, he’d still be alive. | 可能现在 他还活得好好的 |
[08:43] | I just wish I could have kept him safe. | 我真希望自己能够保护他 |
[08:46] | That’s a father’s job. Right? | 这是父亲的职责 不是吗 |
[08:53] | 纽约 1965年 | |
[08:53] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[08:55] | Just inside the border of North Vietnam, | 北越边境内 |
[08:57] | was struck today by U.S… | 今日受到美军的袭击 |
[08:58] | What is it, Abigail? | 这是什么 阿比盖尔 |
[09:01] | A draft letter. | 征兵信 |
[09:08] | It came. | 还是来了 |
[09:10] | What came? | 什么来了 |
[09:11] | Hi, mom. | 妈妈 |
[09:12] | Abraham… | 亚伯拉罕 |
[09:13] | My draft letter. | 是我的征兵信 |
[09:16] | Not really a surprise, is it? | 意料之中的事了 对吧 |
[09:20] | You ready to have another soldier in the house, mom? | 你准备好家里再出一名军人了吗 妈妈 |
[09:26] | No. She most certainly is not. | 不 她当然没准备好 |
[09:29] | Nor am I. | 我也没有 |
[09:30] | We need to have a serious discussion about our options. | 我们有必要认真讨论一下我们的选择 |
[09:34] | Our options? | 我们的选择 |
[09:36] | The only name on this letter is mine, | 这封信上只有我的名字 |
[09:37] | and the only option I’m considering | 而我唯一的选择 |
[09:40] | is serving my country like you two did. | 是像你们俩一样报效国家 |
[09:42] | Yes, which is why we know better than you how horrific… | 是的 所以我们才比你更了解那有多可怕 |
[09:46] | Dad, please. | 爸爸 求你了 |
[09:48] | I’m going to report for duty. | 我一定要去报到 |
[09:51] | This is my decision. | 我已经决定了 |
[09:59] | When Jason dropped you off | 克莱斯顿的游艇聚会结束后 |
[10:01] | after the party on Clausten’s boat, | 开车送你回去后 |
[10:03] | did you ask him where he was going? | 你问过他要去哪儿吗 |
[10:04] | Of course. | 当然问了 |
[10:05] | He said he just wanted to drive the car some more. | 他说他只想在开车转会儿 |
[10:08] | That seem odd to you? | 你觉得那奇怪吗 |
[10:10] | No. | 不 |
[10:11] | I’m an early bird, | 我习惯早睡早起 |
[10:12] | but Jason had this incredible energy. | 但杰森总是很精力无限 |
[10:15] | Like, he was just so happy | 就好像 能过着现在的生活 |
[10:17] | to be living the life he was living. | 他特别幸福满足 |
[10:19] | Like, he appreciated it more | 为了这一切他算是拼尽全力 |
[10:21] | because of how hard he had to work for it. | 所以他更珍惜现在的一切 |
[10:24] | He was special. | 他很特别 |
[10:27] | Different. | 与众不同 |
[10:30] | And after he dropped you off, | 他送你回来后 |
[10:33] | what did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[10:34] | Worked a bit, then went to sleep. | 工作了一会儿 然后去睡觉了 |
[10:38] | Beautiful floors. | 地板很漂亮 |
[10:39] | White pine. But you stained them. | 雪松木的 但你漆了颜色 |
[10:42] | Yes, that’s right. | 对 没错 |
[10:43] | Had Jason been working on them recently? | 杰森最近上漆了吗 |
[10:46] | The floor? No. | 给地板 没有 |
[10:52] | He had white pine splinters under his fingernails. | 他的指甲下有雪松的木屑 |
[10:57] | Seems to me that a savings account | 在我看来 储蓄账户的 |
[10:59] | would yield a higher rate of return. | 回报会比这更高些 |
[11:02] | I had no idea that was there. | 我完全不知道会有这个 |
[11:04] | The hiding space or the money? | 你是指藏钱的地方还是钱 |
[11:07] | Both. | 都不知道 |
[11:07] | That’s quite a bit of money. | 数额还真不小 |
[11:08] | Looks like almost 100 grand. | 看起来有十万了 |
[11:10] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[11:12] | It’s not? | 不是吗 |
[11:13] | Look, I know this may sound strange. | 我知道听起来可能很奇怪 |
[11:14] | But for us, at least, it’s not a lot of money. | 但至少对我们来说 这算不上多少钱 |
[11:19] | What is it you do again? | 能再说一遍你是做什么的吗 |
[11:35] | Detective Martinez, Dr. Morgan. | 马丁内兹警探 摩根医生 |
[11:37] | Melanie Sparo, Mr. Clausten’s assistant. | 我叫梅勒妮·斯帕罗 克莱斯顿先生的助理 |
[11:39] | I understand you’re here to take a look at Jason’s office. | 我想你们是来查看杰森的办公室的 |
[11:42] | Yes, that’s right. | 是的 |
[11:43] | Can I get you anything — | 需要喝点什么吗 |
[11:44] | water, Pellegrino, fresh juice, champagne? | 水 圣培露[矿泉水] 鲜果汁 还是香槟 |
[11:48] | Oh, no, thank you. We’re on duty. | 不用了 谢谢 我们在执勤中 |
[11:49] | Doesn’t stop anyone here. | 这里的人照喝不误 |
[11:52] | This was Jason’s office. | 这里就是杰森的办公室 |
[11:54] | I’ll be right back with your water. | 我去给你们拿水 马上回来 |
[12:00] | Ah, you guys are late. | 你们迟到了 |
[12:02] | You’re the decorators, right? | 你们是室内装潢师 对吧 |
[12:04] | He looks like a decorator. | 他看起来很像 |
[12:07] | You moving in? | 你要搬进来 |
[12:08] | Yeah. Why else would I have hired you? | 没错 要不我请你们来干什么 |
[12:10] | So, spare no expense. | 不用考虑钱的问题 |
[12:11] | The guy who was in here before me, | 之前在这里工作的那家伙 |
[12:12] | he grew up in, like, seriously deep Brooklyn. | 他是在布鲁克林长大的乡巴佬 |
[12:15] | Had no taste. | 一点品味都没有 |
[12:17] | I’m Detective Martinez with the NYPD. | 我是纽约警局的马丁内兹警探 |
[12:19] | We’re investigating the death of that guy with no taste. | 我们在调查那个没品位的人的死因 |
[12:22] | Yes. I believe his name was Jason. | 没错 我记得他叫杰森 |
[12:25] | What’s yours? | 你叫什么 |
[12:27] | Sorry. Uh, Val. Val Kaplan. | 对不起 我叫瓦尔 瓦尔·卡普兰 |
[12:30] | I’ll get out of your hair. | 我就不打扰你们了 |
[12:32] | Jason was… | 杰森是个… |
[12:35] | He’ll be missed. | 我们都会想念他的 |
[12:39] | Apparently not by him. | 他肯定不会 |
[12:53] | Henry, check this out. | 亨利 看看这里 |
[12:58] | There was an altercation in here. | 这里发生过争执 |
[13:00] | Caused that lamp to fall off | 所以那盏灯才掉了下来 |
[13:02] | and left this blood on the carpet. | 还在地毯上留下了这处血迹 |
[13:05] | Water. | 水来了 |
[13:07] | – Thanks. – Is there anything else? | -谢谢 -还有别的需要吗 |
[13:09] | Yeah. We’d like to speak with Oliver Clausten. | 有 我们想和奥利弗·克莱斯顿谈谈 |
[13:12] | Mr. Clausten and Jason were very close. | 克莱斯顿先生和杰森非常亲近 |
[13:15] | He’s taken this pretty hard. | 这事对他打击很大 |
[13:17] | Here he is now. | 他来了 |
[13:18] | – Mr. Clausten. – Congratulations, everyone, | -克莱斯顿先生 -恭喜大家 |
[13:20] | for the end of another successful day… | 又创造了成功的一天… |
[13:22] | Sorry. It’s time for Oliver’s talk. | 抱歉 到讲话的时间了 |
[13:24] | – His what? – …and night, for our team in London. | -什么 -…伦敦小组 晚上好 |
[13:26] | Good morning to everyone over in Tokyo and Shanghai. | 在东京和上海工作的各位 早安 |
[13:30] | Here in New York, we continue to mourn | 在纽约的我们还在努力接受我们的同事 |
[13:31] | and process the loss of our colleague, Jason Fox. | 杰森·福克斯的离去 并为他哀悼 |
[13:35] | You know how I like to call you guys and girls my soldiers. | 你们都知道 我喜欢把你们叫做战士 |
[13:38] | Well, Jason was a green beret. | 而杰森则是最优秀的特种兵 |
[13:40] | He fought, conquered, | 他搏斗 征服 |
[13:41] | and destroyed every obstacle to his success — | 并且击溃了他成功道路上的一切阻碍 |
[13:44] | Every obstacle. | 一切阻碍 |
[13:45] | Why? Because he understood the simple, cruel perhaps, | 为什么 因为他明白那个简单 甚至残忍 |
[13:49] | but unyielding precept that fuels this firm | 却经久不衰的能使公司甚至是地球 |
[13:52] | and, for that matter, the planet Earth. | 运转的道理 |
[13:55] | Who here can tell me what that is? | 这里谁能告诉我吗 |
[13:58] | Kill! | 杀 |
[13:59] | What? | 什么 |
[13:59] | Kill! | 杀 |
[14:00] | Excuse me? | 你们说什么 |
[14:01] | Kill! | 杀 |
[14:02] | Again. | 再说一遍 |
[14:03] | Kill! | 杀 |
[14:03] | Or? | 要不然 |
[14:04] | Be killed! | 被杀 |
[14:07] | Kill or be killed. | 杀或者被杀 |
[14:08] | Rest in peace, Jason. | 愿你安息 杰森 |
[14:11] | And with him in your hearts and in his honor… | 带着对他的缅怀和敬意 |
[14:16] | let’s get back to work. | 回到各自的岗位上去吧 |
[14:25] | I’d say we have a few more suspects. | 看来我们又多了几个嫌疑犯 |
[14:31] | Did Jason say anything to you | 杰森有告诉过你 |
[14:32] | about where he was going that night after the party? | 那晚他聚会后要去哪吗 |
[14:34] | Nope. Seemed set on breaking in his new Aston Martin. | 没有 看上去是要试试他的新阿斯顿马丁 |
[14:37] | Big-game hunting, skydiving — | 大型狩猎 跳伞– |
[14:39] | it seems you have a taste for dangerous living. | 看来你喜欢危险刺激的生活 |
[14:43] | Makes me a better trader — no fear. | 能让我成为更好的生意人 无所畏惧 |
[14:46] | Got to be able to | 得要眼睛都不眨一下 |
[14:47] | play chicken with the market and not blink. | 就能在商战中吓退对手才行啊 |
[14:48] | Do you have any idea if Jason had any conflicts | 你知道杰森和公司同事 |
[14:51] | with anyone here at the firm or with any of his clients? | 或者顾客起过冲突吗 |
[14:54] | Our clients tend to be pretty satisfied with us. | 我们的客户对我们都非常满意 |
[14:57] | It’s a handy by-product of generating wealth for them | 每年我们为他们创造的额外财富 |
[14:59] | that, combined, annually, | 总值加起来 |
[15:00] | is equal to the GDP of western Europe. | 相当于西欧的GDP总值 |
[15:04] | It’s hard for me to imagine. | 对我来说很难想象 |
[15:05] | I’ve never been to western Europe. | 我从没去过西欧 |
[15:08] | It’s beautiful. | 那里很美 |
[15:10] | What about anyone here? | 那这里的其他人呢 |
[15:13] | Seems to me – you’ve created an environment | 在我看来 你确实营造了一种 |
[15:15] | that is, indeed, ferocious. | 残忍的环境 |
[15:16] | You know, I’m sure there were people here | 我确定这里有人 |
[15:17] | that were envious of Jason’s success, | 嫉妒杰森的成功 |
[15:20] | his closeness with me, | 嫉妒他和我的亲近 |
[15:21] | and may have secretly wished | 而且暗地里希望 |
[15:23] | some pretty nasty things on him. | 有什么倒霉事发生在他身上 |
[15:25] | But being ferocious is absolutely what it takes to win. | 但是变得残忍绝对是成功的代价 |
[15:30] | You have any idea why Jason would have $100,000 in cash | 你知道为什么杰森藏了十万美金 |
[15:34] | hidden in the floorboards of his apartment? | 在他公寓的地板下面吗 |
[15:35] | Hookers, blow, gas money — who knows? | 招妓 嗑药 跑路 谁知道 |
[15:38] | $100,000 seems a bit light, though. | 不过十万倒是有点少 |
[15:40] | I always keep at least $3 million | 我总在某个特殊的地方 |
[15:41] | stashed away somewhere special | 藏着三百万美金 |
[15:43] | in case I’ve got to get out of town in a hurry. | 以防我急着要出城 |
[15:45] | And why would you need to get out of town in a hurry? | 为什么你要急着出城 |
[15:48] | In case I forget what western Europe looks like. | 以防我忘记西欧长什么样 |
[15:51] | I got to run. I’ve got an appointment. | 我该走了 我还有约在身 |
[15:53] | But, please, feel free to talk to any of my employees. | 尽管随意询问我手下任何员工 |
[15:59] | Oliver said you should – feel free to talk to anyone — | 奥利弗说你们可以随意询问任何人 |
[16:01] | Actually, I’m not done talking to Oliver. | 其实 我还没跟奥利弗说完 |
[16:12] | Long commute? | 家离公司很远 |
[16:14] | Yes, well… | 是的 |
[16:15] | more comfortable for two buses and a train. | 两趟公车一趟地铁 还是这个舒服些 |
[16:20] | Sheepshead Bay. | 我住在羊头湾 |
[16:21] | That’s where Jason was from. | 你跟杰森是同乡 |
[16:23] | You two must have felt like strangers | 你们俩在这一定觉得是 |
[16:25] | in a strange land in here. | 异乡异客 |
[16:28] | We used to laugh about making it out. | 我们曾常常拿各种出来打拼的事打趣 |
[16:33] | Jason was a good egg. | 杰森是个好人 |
[16:36] | Yes, I bet he was. | 是 我想也是 |
[16:37] | Which is why I was hoping | 所以我希望 |
[16:38] | you could help me with something, Melanie. | 你能帮到我 梅勒妮 |
[16:41] | Have you any idea how blood | 你知道为什么杰森的 |
[16:44] | got on the carpet in Jason’s office? | 办公室地毯上会有血迹吗 |
[16:48] | I actually had a few more questions. | 我其实还有几个问题 |
[16:50] | Fire away. | 尽管问 |
[16:52] | I have reason to believe | 我有理由相信 |
[16:53] | that Jason was in a physical altercation of some kind | 杰森最近在他的办公室里 |
[16:55] | in his office recently. | 跟人起过争执 |
[16:57] | Right. | 没错 |
[16:58] | That. | 这个 |
[17:00] | He said it was some guy he knew growing up. | 他说那是他从小长大的玩伴 |
[17:03] | I told him to avoid that element. | 我告诉他不要跟那种人来往 |
[17:04] | He was an unsophisticated investor. | 他是个不谙世事的投资人 |
[17:07] | Looks like you made a mistake. | 你好像走错了 |
[17:08] | This one’s headed up instead of down. | 这是上去的电梯 不是下去的 |
[17:11] | No mistake. | 没弄错 |
[17:12] | My helicopter lands on the roof. | 我的直升机在屋顶上等我 |
[17:16] | I don’t go down. | 我不下楼[我不会失败] |
[17:23] | Oliver Clausten is a total ass. | 奥利弗·克莱斯顿是个彻底的混蛋 |
[17:25] | Kevin Crachiolla. | 凯文·克拉奇洛 |
[17:26] | Uh, who? | 谁 |
[17:27] | The name of the person | 在杰森办公室 |
[17:28] | with whom Jason fought in his office. | 和他打架的人 |
[17:30] | He owns an auto shop in Brooklyn. | 他在布鲁克林开了家修车店 |
[17:32] | I got it from Melanie, Clausten’s assistant. | 我从克莱斯顿的助手梅勒妮那里得知的 |
[17:34] | She said that a client came to visit Jason a week ago | 她说一周前有客户在营业时间之后 |
[17:38] | after work hours. | 来找杰森 |
[17:40] | She checked the firm’s appointment records | 她查了公司的预约记录 |
[17:41] | and got his name — Kevin Crachiolla. | 找到了他的名字 凯文·克拉奇洛 |
[17:45] | Nice work, Henry. | 做得好 亨利 |
[17:46] | Let’s go get this Crachiolla guy. | 我们去找这个叫克拉奇洛的人 |
[17:47] | We will tomorrow. | 我们明天会去找 |
[17:49] | And by “we,” I mean Jo and I. | “我们”是指我和乔 |
[17:50] | Why not — why not — why not you and me tonight? | 为什么…为什么不是今晚你和我 |
[17:52] | Abe… | 亚伯 |
[17:53] | Don’t “Abe” me. | 不要教育我 |
[17:54] | One of my best friends just lost his son. | 我最好朋友的儿子死了 |
[17:55] | Look, I want to be involved in this thing. | 我想帮忙 |
[17:57] | Actually, there is something. | 其实 是有你能帮忙的地方 |
[18:00] | We found this key hidden in Jason’s apartment. | 我们在杰森的公寓里发现了这把钥匙 |
[18:04] | Now, I’ve never seen anything like it before. | 我之前从来没见过这样的东西 |
[18:05] | Have you? | 你见过吗 |
[18:07] | No. | 没 |
[18:08] | But I know someone who would know everything about it. | 但是我知道有人可能会知道 |
[18:11] | You mind if I give it to him tomorrow? | 你介意我明天问问他吗 |
[18:13] | Okay. Show it to your friend. | 可以 给你的朋友看看 |
[18:14] | But make sure it gets back to me. | 但是确保要还给我 |
[18:16] | I just want to be helpful. | 我只是希望能帮上忙 |
[18:19] | You know… | 你知道的 |
[18:21] | Jason was Marco’s only kid. | 杰森是马克唯一的儿子 |
[18:24] | I mean, you — | 我意思是 你… |
[18:26] | can you imagine what he must be going through? | 能想象他现在有多煎熬吗 |
[18:39] | Seem like a long time ago to you? | 看来对你来说时间有点久远 |
[18:43] | Yes. | 是 |
[18:44] | And no. | 也不是 |
[18:45] | Well, you experience time a little differently | 你体验时间的方式跟常人 |
[18:48] | than everyone else. | 有点不同 |
[18:51] | Yes. | 对 |
[18:54] | But unlike time, | 但是不同于时间 |
[18:55] | war has been the same for me | 战争对每个人的影响 |
[18:57] | as it is for everyone else — | 都是一样的 |
[18:59] | brutal and terrifying beyond imagination. | 超乎想象的残忍和骇人 |
[19:03] | War’s not an adventure, Abe. | 战争不是冒险 亚伯 |
[19:05] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[19:07] | But there are some things you can’t run from. | 但是有些事情你是逃不了的 |
[19:09] | If you’d seen the things that I’ve seen, Abe, | 亚伯 如果你见过我经历的事 |
[19:12] | lost the loved ones that I’ve lost, | 失去过我已经失去的挚爱的人 |
[19:15] | you’d soon understand how pointless it all is. | 你就会知道这一切多么毫无意义 |
[19:18] | And if given the chance to change the outcome, | 如果我有改变结果的机会 |
[19:20] | to protect — | 来保护 |
[19:21] | It’s not your job to protect me. | 你的责任不是保护我 |
[19:23] | Yes, it is. | 就是 |
[19:23] | You are just afraid. | 你只是害怕了 |
[19:24] | Well, of course I am. | 我当然怕 |
[19:25] | And so am I. | 我也是 |
[19:27] | But what you don’t understand — | 而你没懂的是 |
[19:29] | maybe you can’t understand — | 可能你无法理解 |
[19:32] | is that risking your life for something you believe in | 当你为了所信仰的事冒险时 |
[19:35] | is a blessing… | 其实是一种幸福 |
[19:38] | Not a curse. | 而不是痛苦 |
[19:48] | You know, I noticed on the way in | 我在来的路上发现 |
[19:50] | that this garage abuts the Gowanus Canal. | 这个修理厂紧靠着格瓦诺思运河 |
[19:53] | Yeah. You thinking about taking a dip? | 是啊 你想去游个泳吗 |
[19:55] | No, no. Not today. | 不 今天就算了吧 |
[19:57] | No, the Canal is more brackish than the East River, | 不 这运河的水比东河的水要咸 |
[20:00] | its salinity more in line with what was in Jason’s lungs. | 咸度和杰森肺里的差不多 |
[20:03] | Can I help you? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[20:06] | Hi, I’m Detective Martinez with the NYPD. | 我是纽约警局的马丁内兹警探 |
[20:09] | Do you know a Jason Fox? | 你认识杰森·福克斯吗 |
[20:10] | Yeah. Why? | 认识 怎么了 |
[20:11] | Did you pay him a visit at his office recently? | 你最近去过他的办公室吗 |
[20:14] | Get in a little fight? | 和他发生了争执吗 |
[20:15] | Yeah, we had a disagreement. | 没错 我们有些不同意见 |
[20:17] | It’s not what I’d call a fight… | 这应该不算什么争执 |
[20:19] | Not where we grew up, at least. | 至少在我们那可不算 |
[20:20] | Wait. Is he pressing charges? | 等等 他要起诉我吗 |
[20:22] | You got to be kidding me. | 这是在逗我吧 |
[20:23] | Jason is dead. | 杰森死了 |
[20:25] | We found his body two days ago by the East River. | 两天前我们在东河发现了他的尸体 |
[20:28] | Are you serious? | 真的吗 |
[20:29] | What did you guys fight about? | 你们俩之前为什么而争吵 |
[20:32] | When I heard he was really killing it on Wall Street, | 我听说他在华尔街混得风生水起 |
[20:35] | I gave him some of my money to invest. | 就给了他一些钱要他帮我投资 |
[20:37] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[20:39] | 100 grand. | 十万美金 |
[20:41] | But some stuff came up for me. | 但是我最近出了点事 |
[20:42] | I needed the money back. | 我想把钱拿回来 |
[20:44] | Jason said no problem. | 杰森说没问题 |
[20:46] | Then he said he needed more time. | 然后他说他需要点时间 |
[20:49] | I never got a straight answer about why. | 他都没告诉过我为什么 |
[20:51] | Jo? Would you come here for a moment? | 乔 你能过来一下吗 |
[20:54] | We done here? | 说完了吗 |
[20:55] | You just hang tight, Kevin. | 你先别急着走 凯文 |
[20:59] | This bolt, those car mats, and this bulb | 这个螺栓 这些汽车垫和这盏灯泡 |
[21:02] | are all from a 2014 Aston Martin Vantage S. | 都是阿斯顿马丁14年推出的Vantage S上的 |
[21:06] | Jason’s new car. | 也就是杰森的新车 |
[21:07] | See how the bulb is cracked at its base? | 你看到这个灯泡底部的裂痕了吗 |
[21:10] | It would cause it to heat improperly. | 这会使灯泡因散热不均而发烫 |
[21:12] | That was the cause of the burn on Jason’s neck. | 这就是杰森脖子上的烫伤的元凶 |
[21:15] | And his right knee was fractured | 而他的右膝骨折 |
[21:17] | because he was stuffed inside that very same trunk. | 是因为他被塞进那辆车里 |
[21:23] | They chopped it already. | 他们已经把这辆车肢解了 |
[21:24] | There are parts of this car all over the garage. | 零件散落在这个修车厂里 |
[21:29] | And that is the sound of an Aston Martin engine. | 这是阿斯顿马丁引擎的声音 |
[21:34] | Inside an Impala? | 被装到雪佛兰羚羊里了 |
[21:37] | He’s getting away! | 他要跑了 |
[21:41] | Henry, stop! | 亨利 别去 |
[21:42] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[21:45] | Henry! | 亨利 |
[21:54] | What the hell’s wrong with that guy?! | 那家伙到底怎么回事 |
[21:56] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[22:02] | Interrogation room one, please. | 把他带到一号审讯室 |
[22:07] | Henry, what the hell was that all about? | 亨利 刚刚到底怎么回事 |
[22:09] | You could have been killed. I could have been killed. | 你差点丧命 我也可能丧命 |
[22:11] | I’m sorry. I just didn’t want to let him get away. | 对不起 我只是不想让他逃走 |
[22:14] | Henry, that’s not your job. | 亨利 那不是你的职责 |
[22:15] | Look, he was manipulating us. | 听着 他在玩弄我们 |
[22:17] | I wasn’t gonna let that happen. | 我不会任凭他这么做 |
[22:18] | Manipulating us? | 玩弄我们 |
[22:20] | You say it like it was personal. | 你说得好像和他有私人恩怨 |
[22:22] | The guy was lying. | 那家伙在说谎 |
[22:23] | That’s what guilty people tend to do. | 有罪的人常会这么做 |
[22:27] | Listen, you said that you were ready to come back. | 听着 你说准备好了回来工作 |
[22:31] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[22:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:35] | Come on, Henry. | 别这样 亨利 |
[22:37] | I’ve been through this before. | 我也经历过这种事 |
[22:39] | What goes through your mind after taking a life — | 杀人后脑海中浮现的种种 |
[22:41] | It is not easy. | 的确很难熬 |
[22:43] | You know that you can talk to me, right? | 你知道你可以和我聊聊 |
[22:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:50] | And I appreciate that. | 我也很感激你 |
[22:52] | But I’m fine, really. | 但我没事 真的 |
[23:11] | Well, well, if it isn’t Abe the Knave. | 瞧瞧谁来了 这不是老无赖亚伯吗 |
[23:14] | You know we don’t serve your kind around here, don’t you? | 你应该知道我们这不接待你这样的人吧 |
[23:16] | Yeah. And what kind is that? | 是吗 怎样的人 |
[23:18] | Guys who steal girls from guys | 会撬走同队战友的 |
[23:20] | they were in the same damn platoon with. | 女人的人 |
[23:22] | Jerry, that was 30 years ago. | 杰瑞 这都三十年过去了 |
[23:23] | We kicked the Brits’ ass in 1776. | 1776年我们把英国佬痛揍了一顿 |
[23:26] | We still celebrate the 4th of July. | 到现在每年7月4号我们还是会庆祝一番 |
[23:30] | Hey, uh, Jerry. | 杰瑞 |
[23:32] | J-Jer– Jerry! | 杰…杰瑞 |
[23:35] | You know what kind of a key this is? | 你知道这是什么钥匙吗 |
[23:36] | What it might be used for? | 可能会用在什么地方 |
[23:38] | Do I know? | 我知道吗 |
[23:39] | I will forget more about keys | 你这辈子见过的钥匙 |
[23:41] | tonight in my sleep than you will learn in your whole lifetime. | 都没有我今晚上做梦忘掉的多 |
[23:44] | J– Jerry, it’s — – it’s — it’s not about me. | 杰瑞 这 这不是我自己的事 |
[23:47] | It’s about Marco. | 这是为了马克 |
[23:50] | His son, actually. | 其实是他的儿子 |
[23:52] | What, little Jason? | 什么 小杰森吗 |
[23:54] | He’s, uh, dead. He… | 他死了 他… |
[23:57] | was murdered. | 被人杀了 |
[23:58] | What? Murdered? | 什么 被杀了 |
[24:01] | Look, this key, whatever it leads to, | 听着 这钥匙以及它能作用的地方 |
[24:04] | could help catch whoever did it. | 可能对抓住凶手有帮助 |
[24:08] | Let me see this. | 让我看看 |
[24:11] | It’s rare. | 这很少见 |
[24:11] | It’s made for a special kind of humidor lock. | 是用来开一种特殊的雪茄盒锁 |
[24:15] | For cigars. | 装香烟的 |
[24:16] | I know what a humidor is, Jerry. | 我知道雪茄是什么意思 杰瑞 |
[24:17] | Leave this with me. I’ll see what I can find. | 交给我吧 我看看能发现什么 |
[24:21] | For Marco. | 为了马克 |
[24:25] | Where did you get Jason’s car, Kevin? | 你从哪拿到杰森的车 凯文 |
[24:27] | He called me earlier that day, said he finally had my money. | 他那天早上打给我 说终于能把钱给我 |
[24:30] | Told me to come to his place in Tribeca at 10:00. | 让我十点钟去特里贝克找他 |
[24:33] | He never showed, so… | 他没有来 所以… |
[24:34] | – I went looking for him. – Where? | -我就去找他了 -去哪 |
[24:35] | – His dad’s restaurant. – What time? | -他父亲的饭店 -什么时候 |
[24:38] | Uh…11:00? Ask his old man. | 十一点吧 你问他爸就知道了 |
[24:40] | They were about to close, | 他们本来要打烊了 |
[24:41] | but he still brought me out a bowl of clams. | 但他还是给我做了碗蛤蜊汤 |
[24:43] | So, after that, I went back to his place | 之后我又去了他家 |
[24:46] | and waited for him in his garage. | 在他车库里等他 |
[24:47] | Around 4:00 a.m., this Aston Martin | 凌晨四点左右 那辆阿斯顿马丁 |
[24:49] | pulls in Jason’s spot. | 停到了杰森的车位上 |
[24:51] | So I figured, “You know what? I’m borrowing it.” | 所以我就想着 借走它得了 |
[24:55] | So, you’re saying you saw Jason | 所以你是说你看见杰森 |
[24:57] | pull into the garage at 4:00 a.m. | 凌晨四点把车停到了车库 |
[25:00] | Well, that makes you the last person | 也就是说你是最后一个 |
[25:01] | to see him alive, Kevin. | 见到他活着的人 凯文 |
[25:02] | No. I wasn’t the last person, | 不 我不是最后一个 |
[25:05] | because it wasn’t Jason in the car. | 因为车里的人不是杰森 |
[25:07] | Looked like him — the suit, the slicked-back hair. | 和他很像 穿着西装 梳着大背头 |
[25:09] | But it wasn’t him. | 但那不是他 |
[25:11] | Are you blowing smoke here, Kevin? | 你是在蒙我吗 凯文 |
[25:13] | All these broker douches look alike. | 这些经纪人长得都一样 |
[25:15] | But I grew up with Jason. | 但我是跟杰森一起长大的 |
[25:16] | I know what he looks like. | 我知道他长什么样 |
[25:20] | The steering wheel from Jason’s Aston Martin. | 杰森的阿斯顿马丁上的方向盘 |
[25:22] | They found it at the garage. | 他们在车库里找到的 |
[25:25] | What a waste. | 多可惜啊 |
[25:26] | Not really. | 倒没有浪费 |
[25:27] | – I pulled three sets of prints off of it. – Three? | -我从上面提取到了三组指纹 -三组 |
[25:30] | Jason’s, that Crachiolla guy, | 杰森的 克拉奇洛的 |
[25:32] | and one set without an I.D. | 还有一组身份未知 |
[25:33] | Hey. I pulled some photos of the male staff | 我调了些在克莱斯顿资本工作的 |
[25:35] | at Clausten Capital | 男员工照片 |
[25:36] | for Crachiolla to look at. | 让克拉奇洛指认 |
[25:38] | Guess who he I.D.’d. | 看他认出了谁 |
[25:40] | The redecorator. | 那个要装修办公室的 |
[25:41] | Yep. Val Kaplan. | 没错 瓦尔·卡普兰 |
[25:43] | So, Lucas pulled three sets of fingerprints | 卢卡斯从方向盘上 |
[25:46] | from the steering wheel. | 提取出了三组指纹 |
[25:47] | We can match two of them. | 有两组能对上 |
[25:50] | Perhaps we’ve just found number three. | 或许我们也找到了这第三个人 |
[25:55] | Hi, Val. Remember me? | 瓦尔 记得我吗 |
[25:58] | I’m not here to redecorate. | 我不是来给你装修的 |
[26:13] | What the hell is this? | 这是干什么 |
[26:14] | They’re arresting me, Oliver. | 他们要逮捕我 奥利弗 |
[26:15] | – I didn’t — I didn’t… – V-Val, | -我没有 我没有… -瓦尔… |
[26:16] | don’t… say another word. | 闭嘴 |
[26:20] | Where’s he going, detective? | 要带他去哪 警探 |
[26:21] | Down. | 下去 |
[26:27] | Now, are y-you sure the humidor is on this boat? | 你确定雪茄盒在这艘船上 |
[26:29] | I spoke to the guy that installed it. | 我问过安装的人了 |
[26:31] | Are you sure what we’re doing is a good idea? | 你确定我们这么做好吗 |
[26:33] | I mean, this guy Clausten’s big cheese. | 克莱斯顿这家伙可是个大人物 |
[26:34] | You sure you want to be messing with him? | 你确定要招惹他吗 |
[26:36] | If we wait any longer, the evidence can get destroyed. | 再拖下去 证据就没了 |
[26:39] | What evidence? | 什么证据 |
[26:40] | Well, that’s what we’re gonna find out. | 我们会找到的 |
[26:42] | Just trust me about this, huh? It’s not my first case. | 相信我就是 这不是我第一桩案子了 |
[26:44] | Okay. It might be my fourth. | 好吧 也许是第四桩 |
[26:46] | Look, we’re still doing this for Marco. | 我们做的这些还是为了马克 |
[26:49] | – Okay. Yeah. – All right. | -好吧 -好了 |
[26:51] | Just follow my lead. | 跟我来 |
[26:52] | Just let me explain once more. | 让我再解释一遍 |
[26:53] | Uh, uh, I work for the humidor company, | 我为雪茄盒公司工作 |
[26:56] | And, uh, Juan here, my colleague, | 胡安是我的同事 |
[26:58] | is the, um, locking, uh, mechanism, uh, specialist. | 是我们的 开锁技师 专家 |
[27:02] | Mr. Clausten’s humidor is equipped with a sensor | 克莱斯顿先生的雪茄盒装了传感器 |
[27:05] | that sends a distress signal every time the moisture level | 一旦湿度升高达到危险水平 |
[27:07] | becomes dangerously high. | 就会发出救援信号 |
[27:09] | And, sir, I can tell you right now, | 现在 现在我们可以告诉你 |
[27:10] | we are in the red zone. | 已经处于极度危险水平了 |
[27:12] | Is that true? | 真的吗 |
[27:14] | Uh, he doesn’t speak much English. | 他不太会说英语 |
[27:15] | He’s, uh, originally from Cuba. | 他是古巴人 |
[27:17] | Yeah. Es sí. | 没错 是的 |
[27:19] | I’ll need to call Mr. Clausten. | 我得打给克莱斯顿先生 |
[27:20] | No, no, no. We — we — we don’t have any time. | 不不不 我们现在没有时间了 |
[27:22] | That’s moisture — – moisture, moisture, moisture. | 湿度 湿度 湿度 |
[27:24] | It’s very h-humid. | 已经非常潮湿 |
[27:27] | All right. The humidor’s right there. | 好吧 雪茄盒就在那儿 |
[27:30] | Just be quick about it. | 快点吧 |
[27:31] | Now, look, why don’t you and I, | 咱们俩何不 |
[27:33] | Uh, uh, go into the wheelhouse over there… | 去那边的驾驶舱 |
[27:35] | And let Juan here, uh, do his magic? | 让胡安在这大显神通呢 |
[27:38] | Gracias, senior. | 多谢 先生 |
[27:40] | Please. | 请 |
[27:56] | I didn’t kill him. | 我没有杀他 |
[27:57] | We can put you in the car after the party, Val. | 派对之后你在那辆车上 瓦尔 |
[28:00] | At the least, that makes you an accessory. | 至少你也是从犯 |
[28:01] | You are looking at 10 years minimum. | 起码得判个十年 |
[28:03] | I am talking about state pen. | 我说的可是监狱 |
[28:06] | Do you have any idea what happens to guys like you | 你知道像你这样的人待在那种地方 |
[28:09] | in places like that? | 会怎样吗 |
[28:10] | Look, you have to understand, I just — | 你得知道 我只是… |
[28:13] | Just what? Just dumped the body? | 只是什么 只是抛了尸吗 |
[28:14] | Well, that’s good, Val. | 挺好 瓦尔 |
[28:16] | That means you’re not a murderer. | 也就是说你不是凶手 |
[28:17] | Even better, it means you know who is. | 甚至 你知道凶手是谁 |
[28:20] | Maybe we can work out a deal. | 也许我们可以谈谈条件 |
[28:22] | You can avoid having an overly friendly prison roommate. Hmm? | 你可以不用去体验监狱里过于热情的狱友 |
[28:27] | Oliver… | 奥利弗 |
[28:29] | called me around midnight. | 在十二点左右打给我 |
[28:32] | He said to come over to his place. | 让我去他那儿 |
[28:35] | Jason’s body was in the pool. | 杰森的尸体就在泳池里 |
[28:41] | I carried it to the elevator. | 我把他抬到了电梯里 |
[28:46] | I got his car. | 开了他的车 |
[28:49] | I stuffed the body in the trunk. | 把尸体藏在后备箱里 |
[28:55] | And I dumped the body by the river. | 然后到河边抛尸 |
[28:58] | And why would you do all that, Val? | 你为什么要做这些 瓦尔 |
[29:02] | Oliver told me it wouldn’t be a problem, | 奥利弗告诉我不会有什么问题 |
[29:05] | that he’d take care of it. | 他会处理好的 |
[29:11] | We have a warrant to search your house and property. | 我们申请了针对你住所和财产的搜查令 |
[29:13] | Perfect. | 好极了 |
[29:15] | I just opened a beautiful ’74 Barolo, | 我刚开了瓶74年的巴罗洛 |
[29:17] | and I’ve got an entire case inside, | 里面还有一整箱 |
[29:19] | so there’s plenty to go around. | 够你们喝的 |
[29:22] | Come on in. | 请进吧 |
[29:24] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[29:32] | Hmm. Salt water. | 盐水 |
[29:35] | Healthier for you. | 对健康更有益 |
[29:36] | I imagine its salinity matches the water | 我猜想它的盐浓度与在杰森肺里 |
[29:39] | found in Jason’s lungs. | 所发现的水相同 |
[29:43] | Same glass as we found near the wound on Jason’s head — | 和在杰森头部伤旁找到的玻璃碎片一样 |
[29:47] | from a wine bottle. | 来自红酒瓶 |
[29:48] | So, Jason was hit with it. | 杰森被红酒瓶砸中 |
[29:51] | He then fell into this pool. | 然后掉进这个泳池里 |
[29:58] | And he drowned. | 溺死了 |
[29:59] | Thinks he’s pretty smart, doesn’t he? | 他很聪明 不是吗 |
[30:02] | Does that remind you of anyone? | 他令你想起谁了吗 |
[30:08] | Lieutenant. | 长官 |
[30:09] | You guys need to get back here. | 你们赶紧回来 |
[30:10] | To the station? Why? | 回局里 为什么 |
[30:12] | Henry just found the murder weapon. | 亨利刚刚找到了凶器 |
[30:13] | Well, that’s good. | 太好了 |
[30:14] | Someone just walked – into my office and confessed. | 刚有人走进我的办公室自首了 |
[30:26] | I’d like to hear it all again. | 我想重头再听你说一次 |
[30:29] | Oliver invited Jason and me | 奥利弗邀请杰森和我 |
[30:30] | to come back to his place after the boat. | 在船上宴会结束后去他家 |
[30:33] | We went back there, | 我们回到那 |
[30:34] | and Oliver finally got tired and went off to bed. | 奥利弗后来感觉累了去睡觉 |
[30:38] | It was just Jason and me. | 就剩下杰森和我 |
[30:39] | And he made a move on me. | 然后他对我动手动脚 |
[30:43] | I wasn’t interested. | 可我对他没兴趣 |
[30:45] | He was really drunk, got angry… | 他喝得很醉 很生气 |
[30:48] | said it was because – I was sleeping with Oliver. | 说是因为我和奥利弗上床 |
[30:50] | And were you? Are you? | 以前有吗 现在呢 |
[30:52] | No and no. | 都没有 |
[30:55] | What Jason said – really pissed me off, though. | 杰森说的话让我怒火中烧 |
[30:59] | A little of the old neighborhood came out in me, I guess. | 我想当时是魔鬼占据了我的心 |
[31:04] | I threw a bottle of wine at him. | 我把红酒瓶朝他扔去 |
[31:07] | He stumbled off into the pool. | 他跌跌撞撞掉进了泳池 |
[31:12] | I didn’t mean to kill him. | 我不是故意杀人的 |
[31:16] | Yeah. I got to hand it to this Clausten character. | 我真想认识一下这个克莱斯顿 |
[31:18] | He’s one smart cookie. | 他是个聪明人 |
[31:21] | Henry. Get over here. | 亨利 过来这里 |
[31:22] | There’s been a huge break in the case. | 这起案子有个重大的突破 |
[31:24] | What, you’ve heard about Melanie already? | 你已经听说梅勒妮了吗 |
[31:26] | Melanie? No, no. Just listen. | 梅勒妮 不是 听我说 |
[31:28] | Jerry and I figured out that that key you gave us | 杰瑞和我发现你给我们的那把钥匙 |
[31:30] | was for the humidor on Oliver Clausten’s boat. | 是用来开奥利弗·克莱斯顿船上的雪茄盒的 |
[31:33] | So we pulled off this operation, and we broke in. | 所以我们叫停了那船 破门而入 |
[31:36] | And guess what. | 猜猜怎么着 |
[31:37] | Along with those fine cigars he’s keeping in his humidor, | 那个他用来装着上好雪茄的盒子里 |
[31:40] | – there was also — – These files. | -还有… -这些文件 |
[31:42] | Yeah? Filled with all sorts | 是吗 上面都是那些 |
[31:43] | of confidential financial information. | 机密的财务信息 |
[31:45] | Tell him, Myron. You remember Myron? | 告诉他 马伦 你记得马伦吗 |
[31:47] | My accountant. | 我的会计师 |
[31:48] | Myron Roth, Dr. Morgan. | 马伦·罗斯 摩根医生 |
[31:51] | May I ask if you are currently satisfied | 我能否问问你是否满意 |
[31:54] | with your tax-preparation professional? | 你现在的专业报税服务 |
[31:56] | Myron, just tell Henry what we got. | 马伦 告诉亨利有什么发现 |
[31:59] | These papers are Clausten Capital’s | 这些文件都是克莱斯顿资本的 |
[32:02] | actual financial records. | 真实的财务记录 |
[32:04] | The stuff the firm – is showing to the investors, | 那些公司资料是给投资者看的 |
[32:07] | the S.E.C. — it’s all bull. | 给证监会看的 全都是狗屁 |
[32:09] | The whole operation is just one big, | 这个公司的运作方式只是一场巨大 |
[32:10] | very complicated Ponzi scheme. | 且非常复杂的旁氏骗局 |
[32:13] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[32:14] | Did you say – that you stole these files | 你说你从克莱斯顿的船上 |
[32:17] | from Clausten’s boat? | 偷来这些文件吗 |
[32:19] | Not “Stole.” We — we liberated them. | 不是偷 我们顺便拿的 |
[32:21] | No, no, no, no. Don’t you understand? | 不不不 你还不明白吗 |
[32:23] | Jason had that key hidden | 杰森把钥匙藏起来 |
[32:24] | because he found out about what Clausten was up to. | 因为他发现了克莱斯顿的意图 |
[32:26] | Maybe that’s why he was killed. | 也许他就是因此而被杀的 |
[32:28] | How could you?! How could all of you?! | 你怎么能这么做 你们怎么能这么做 |
[32:31] | Don’t you realize | 你还没意识到吗 |
[32:32] | that even if everything you’re saying is true, | 就算你所说的一切都是真的 |
[32:34] | because of how it was obtained, | 但是因为文件取得的方式 |
[32:36] | none of it can be used against… | 这些全都无法作为证据… |
[32:42] | Who are you calling, Henry? | 你打电话给谁 亨利 |
[32:44] | I thought you said he was cool. | 我以为你说他不会怪我们的 |
[32:46] | Melanie, once you sign that confession, | 梅勒妮 一旦你签署了口供 |
[32:48] | there is no going back. | 就没有挽回的余地了 |
[32:50] | There’s no way to get back the years, | 你将在监狱里失去几年 |
[32:52] | possibly decades you are gonna lose in prison. | 甚至几十年的岁月 |
[33:00] | Hey. What’s up? | 什么事 |
[33:03] | Are you kidding me?! He did what?! | 你开玩笑吧 他做了什么 |
[33:06] | And you’ve seen all of this? | 你全都看过了吗 |
[33:10] | All right. I’m gonna call you back. | 好的 我一会回你电话 |
[33:18] | Melanie, that was a source of mine at the S.E.C. | 梅勒妮 刚才是我在证监会的线人打来的 |
[33:21] | Clausten Capital Investments and Oliver Clausten personally | 克莱斯顿投资公司和奥利弗·克莱斯顿个人 |
[33:25] | are being charged with security fraud. | 因证券诈骗而被控告 |
[33:28] | No. It’s not true. | 不 这不是真的 |
[33:30] | Jason confronted Oliver, and Oliver killed him. | 杰森当面质问奥利弗 而奥利弗把他杀了 |
[33:34] | Now he’s paying you to take the fall. | 现在他付钱让你做替罪羔羊 |
[33:36] | No. | 不 |
[33:37] | How much, Melanie? | 他付了你多少钱 梅勒妮 |
[33:39] | $5 million? $10 million? | 五百万还是一千万 |
[33:41] | Do you know what – a forensic accountant does? | 你知道法务会计师是做什么的吗 |
[33:45] | The S.E.C. has hundreds of them. | 证监会有上百个法务会计师 |
[33:46] | Now, it might take them awhile. | 也许他们要花时间来调查 |
[33:48] | It may take them the entire length of your sentence, | 也许直到你刑满才能查清楚 |
[33:50] | but they will find that money. | 但是他们肯定会找到那笔钱的 |
[33:53] | You will get out, | 你会被释放 |
[33:54] | and you will be left with nothing. | 而到时你将一无所有 |
[34:05] | Wait. | 等等 |
[34:08] | It was $20 million. | 是两千万 |
[34:11] | Hasn’t been wired yet. | 还未上报 |
[34:17] | Oliver killed Jason. | 奥利弗杀了杰森 |
[34:26] | It’s just a rumor. Business as usual. | 那只是传闻而已 一切如常 |
[34:27] | Hey, come on. Those kind of threats are not necessary. | 拜托 这些威胁根本没必要 |
[34:29] | – Everything here is just fine. – Shred everything! | -这里的一切都很好 -所有都粉碎掉 |
[34:32] | You just got to trust me. | 你必须要相信我 |
[34:48] | FBI! We have a warrant! | 联调局 我们有搜查令 |
[34:50] | Stop your work! Drop those files! | 停下手头的工作 放下那些文件 |
[34:52] | Everyone, come over here, please. | 大家请过来这边 |
[34:54] | Let me see those hands. Step away from the desk. | 举起双手 离开办公桌 |
[34:55] | You and you, fan out with me to find Oliver. | 你 还有你 散开和我去找奥利弗 |
[34:57] | – Henry, you — – Stay here. Will do. | -亨利 你 -留在这 我会的 |
[35:02] | Leave those files where they are. | 把文件留在原处 |
[35:03] | Step away from the computer now! | 即刻离开电脑 |
[35:06] | Step away from the desk. | 离开办公桌 |
[35:07] | You two. You two, move over here. | 你们两个 你们两个 去那边 |
[35:11] | Stop your work. Stop your work. | 停下手头的工作 停下工作 |
[35:14] | Anyone have a 20 on Oliver Clausten? | 有没有人看到奥利弗·克莱斯顿 |
[35:17] | He’s not in his office. | 他不在办公室 |
[35:19] | His key card says he’s still in the building. | 他的门卡显示他还在大楼里 |
[36:14] | Jason went to Oliver’s that night after the party | 杰森在派对之后去了奥利弗家 |
[36:17] | to confront him – about what the firm was up to. | 质问公司到底在做什么 |
[36:19] | Oliver got pissed, | 奥利弗被激怒了 |
[36:20] | threw one of his fancy bottles of red wine at him. | 朝他扔了一瓶红酒 |
[36:23] | Jason fell in the pool and drowned. | 杰森掉进泳池 淹死了 |
[36:25] | He had Val clean it up and paid Melanie to take the fall. | 他让瓦尔清理好 然后收买梅勒妮顶罪 |
[36:29] | Nice work, Jo. | 干得好 乔 |
[36:31] | You and Morgan are quite the team. | 你和摩根还真是最佳拍档 |
[36:35] | Yeah. I guess we are. | 是 我觉得也是 |
[36:37] | And Henry hasn’t behaved in any way out of the ordinary? | 亨利没有不同寻常的举动吧 |
[36:42] | Well, this is Henry – we’re talking about, right? | 我们说的可是亨利 |
[36:44] | So what’s ordinary? | 他怎么可能寻常 |
[36:45] | You know what I mean. | 你懂我的意思 |
[36:49] | No. No. Same old Henry. | 没有 亨利还是老样子 |
[36:52] | He’s back. | 他回来了 |
[36:57] | Committing fully to the protection of another | 奋不顾身地去保护他人 |
[37:00] | can often engender a kind of paradox. | 通常会产生悖论 |
[37:04] | In doing so, we are tempted to put ourselves at risk — | 这么做 可能将我们自己置于危险之中 |
[37:08] | the very thing most likely to cause pain in those whom we are trying | 而这很有可能会给我们费尽心思保护的人 |
[37:12] | so desperately to keep pain from. | 造成痛苦 |
[37:18] | Henry! You’re here. | 亨利 你回来了 |
[37:20] | Hey. Join us, huh? | 跟我们一起喝 |
[37:22] | – Have a drink. – Ah, thank you. | -喝点 -谢谢 |
[37:23] | – You earned it. – Oh, you did, too. | -你应得的 -你也是 |
[37:25] | The S.E.C. were very happy to receive your anonymous tip… | 证监会很高兴收到你的匿名举报 |
[37:28] | Although you might get an earful from Jo next time you see her. | 虽然等你再见乔 耳朵要受罪听她唠叨了 |
[37:31] | Oh, don’t worry. I can handle her. | 别担心 我能搞定她 |
[37:33] | Man, you can’t tell that dude nothing. | 天 和他什么都没法说 |
[37:36] | Thank you, Henry. | 谢谢你 亨利 |
[37:37] | For everything. | 一切 |
[37:40] | My pleasure, Marco. | 我的荣幸 马克 |
[37:42] | And, after all, from what I can gather, | 而且我听说 |
[37:44] | you were a big reason why this one came home safe from Vietnam. | 多亏了你 他才能平安从越南回来 |
[37:47] | That’s true, Marco. | 没错 马克 |
[37:47] | Yeah, me too, pal. Me too. | 没错 哥们 我也是 |
[37:51] | Marco, I think you should know | 马克 有件事得让你知道 |
[37:53] | Jason had intended to return Kevin Crachiolla’s investment | 杰森本打算归还凯文·克拉奇洛的投资 |
[37:57] | using his own money. | 用他自己的钱 |
[37:59] | Because you raised him right, Marco. | 因为你教育得好 马克 |
[38:02] | Thanks, man. | 谢谢你 兄弟 |
[38:07] | Over time, however, | 漫长的岁月教会了我 |
[38:09] | one learns that the choices of those we love | 你爱的人要做的选择 |
[38:12] | are impossible to control. | 是你无法左右的 |
[38:16] | You’ll write — every day. | 我要给我写信 每天都写 |
[38:18] | Every day? Come on, mom. | 每一天吗 不是吧 妈妈 |
[38:21] | I love you so much, Abraham. | 我非常爱你 亚伯拉罕 |
[38:24] | We both do. | 我们都是 |
[38:26] | And we’re proud of you. | 我们为你感到骄傲 |
[38:28] | Dad. You came. | 爸爸 你来了 |
[38:31] | How could I not? | 我怎能不来 |
[38:32] | I owe you an apology, Abe. | 我欠你一个道歉 亚伯 |
[38:34] | You are, indeed, capable of making your own choices, | 你确实可以做出自己的选择 |
[38:37] | as I was at your age. | 就像我在你这么大的时候 |
[38:38] | You’ve reminded me of that… | 你提醒了我 |
[38:40] | and of how loving someone means supporting them | 爱一个人就应该支持他 |
[38:43] | even if it scares you to do so. | 就算你会担惊受怕 |
[38:46] | Especially then. | 这时尤其要支持 |
[38:54] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[38:58] | Look after yourself out there, okay? | 要照顾好自己 好吗 |
[39:00] | I will. | 我会的 |
[39:01] | And I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[39:11] | I’m Marco. | 我叫马克 |
[39:13] | Hi. Abe. | 你好 我是亚伯 |
[39:15] | So… | 你… |
[39:18] | You scared? | 害怕吗 |
[39:22] | Yeah. Me, too. | 我也怕 |
[39:25] | I mean, I’m from Brooklyn, | 我是布鲁克林来的 |
[39:27] | So I figured I’ll be all right. | 所以我应该会适应的 |
[39:29] | You stick with me, Abe. | 你跟着我混吧 亚伯 |
[39:32] | I’ll take care of you. | 我罩着你 |
[40:18] | Have you come to tell me | 你是不是来告诉我 |
[40:19] | you no longer want to work with me in the field? | 不想再跟我一起工作了 |
[40:23] | No, Henry. | 不是 亨利 |
[40:24] | I still want to work with you. | 我还是想和你一起工作 |
[40:26] | But if we’re gonna do that, you need — | 但如果继续工作 你必须… |
[40:29] | To be less careless. Yes. | 不能粗心大意的 我懂 |
[40:30] | Yes. Absolutely. | 没错 就是这样 |
[40:32] | But that’s not what I came here to say. | 但我来这不是为了说这个 |
[40:35] | Henry… | 亨利 |
[40:36] | You and I — we’re — we’re not so different. | 你和我 我们很相似 |
[40:39] | We’re both a little guarded, a little screwed up. | 都有点拒人之外 有些黑历史 |
[40:44] | Maybe a lot screwed up. | 也许是很多黑历史 |
[40:47] | And we both have killed people. | 我们都杀过人 |
[40:50] | It leaves you feeling like | 那会让你觉得 |
[40:51] | you have to make up for it somehow… | 需要做些什么去弥补… |
[40:53] | You know, you have to solve every case, | 觉得有义务必须侦破每个案子 |
[40:56] | maybe throw yourself in front of a few cars | 就算要以血肉之躯拦车 |
[40:58] | to make sure – a bad guy doesn’t get away. | 也要保证坏人落网 |
[41:00] | But it doesn’t work, none of it. | 但这行不通的 哪个都不行 |
[41:10] | I didn’t have to kill him. | 我不是非杀他不可 |
[41:17] | I shouldn’t have, but I did. | 我不应该杀他的 但还是杀了 |
[41:23] | And that’s something – I’m gonna have to live with. | 这就是 我一辈子都要背负着的事 |
[41:26] | Forever. | 永远 |
[41:29] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[41:32] | Can I tell you something, Henry? | 我能和你说一些事吗 亨利 |
[41:34] | For me… | 对我来说… |
[41:37] | you make that a little easier. | 是你让我好过了一些 |
[41:41] | I just… | 我只是… |
[41:43] | I just want to be – able to do the same for you. | 我只是希望我也能让你好过一些 |
[41:56] | Hey. What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[41:59] | Okay. Right now? | 好 现在吗 |
[42:02] | I’m on my way. | 我马上出发 |
[42:06] | How would you like to see a dead body? | 想去看尸体吗 |
[42:08] | I thought you’d never ask. | 就等你这句话呢 |