时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | You’re listening to KACL, | 您正在收听的是KACL |
[00:10] | 780 on your AM dial. | 调频780 |
[00:12] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:14] | All our lines are open. So please give us a call. | 我们的热线全部为您开通 欢迎来电 |
[00:19] | I’m just sitting here waiting. | 我在这儿期待着您 |
[00:23] | Hey Seattle, come on, I know you’re out there. | 西雅图 来嘛 我知道你们在听的 |
[00:26] | Hey I realise it’s a sunny day, | 我发现今天大家心情不错 |
[00:29] | but on all those rainy days I was there for you. | 但是别忘了你不开心的时候我都在陪伴着您哦 |
[00:35] | All right, if that’s the way you want it, | 好吧 如果这是你们想要的 |
[00:37] | you leave me no recourse. | 你们让我只能出此下策 |
[00:40] | *When the moon hits your eye Like a big pizza…* | *月亮照耀着你的眼 好像那圆圆大披萨* |
[00:44] | Ah, seems I got you going there, OK! All right, then. | 啊哈 看来我等到你了 好的 |
[00:49] | I knew you were out there. | 我就知道你在收听 |
[00:51] | OK, Roz, who do we have? | 那么 Roz 是谁的来电呢 |
[00:53] | We have Gary from Misiglown on line two. | 二号线上是来自Misiglown的Gary |
[00:56] | He and his wife had a fight. | 他和他的妻子打架了 |
[00:58] | Sorry to hear that, Gary. I’m listening. | 听到这样的消息很抱歉 Gary 您请讲 |
[01:01] | ‘Will you see that crime My wife’s hell-bent on going to Italy this year.’ | 我老婆她非得坚持今年一定要去意大利不可 |
[01:05] | Ah, Italia! | 啊 意大利 |
[01:08] | The rolling hills of Toscana, the art of Firenze, | 托斯卡尼连绵的群山 佛罗伦萨的艺术品 |
[01:12] | the passion that is Venezia! | 威尼斯的激情 |
[01:16] | ‘Yeah, well, anyway, I like | 额 好吧 不管怎样 我像 |
[01:19] | taking a vacation as much as the next guy, | 其他人一样也想度个假 |
[01:21] | ‘but I said if we dip into our savings, | 可是 我说考虑一下我们的存款 |
[01:23] | ‘the first thing we should buy a new sump pump for the basement | 我们首先要给地下室买个新的排水泵 |
[01:26] | …At least we’ listen Gary. | 至少我们 Gary |
[01:28] | Let me just stop you right there. | 让我稍稍打断你一下 |
[01:30] | I’m afraid I’m going to have to side with your wife on this one. | 这件事上 我可能要站在你妻子这一边 |
[01:32] | ‘But the trip to Italy costs 1,800 bucks, | 但是去意大利旅游要花1800块啊 |
[01:35] | and that doesn’t include the Splendours of the Vatican package.’ | 还不算去梵蒂冈的花费 |
[01:39] | Gary, there is more to life than sump pumps. | Gary 对生活 有些东西是比排水泵重要的 |
[01:43] | Whatever happened to feeding our souls? | 比如 陶冶我们的灵魂 |
[01:46] | Look, for example, I recently purchased a painting | 听着 举个例子 我买了美国最优秀 |
[01:49] | by one of this country’s premier artists. | 艺术家之一的一幅绘画 |
[01:51] | Oh, it’s not important who. | 画家是谁不重要 |
[01:53] | Well, it’s Seattle’s own Martha Paxton. | 好吧 是西雅图自己的艺术家Martha Paxton |
[01:57] | Practical, no, but… | 实用 谈不上 但是 |
[01:59] | Ever since acquiring that painting, I look at it every day | 自从有了这幅画 我每天都会盯着它看 |
[02:02] | and there’s not a moment that I do, that I’m not uplifted by its beauty. | 没有一次我不被它的美所提升 |
[02:07] | So, Gary, go to Italy. | 因此 Gary 去意大利吧 |
[02:10] | Bring back a suitcase full of memories. Will you do that? | 带回满满一行李箱的回忆 怎么样 |
[02:14] | ‘I still think I should get the sump pump.’ | 我还是觉得我应该买排水泵 |
[02:18] | Well, then yes, Gary, you… You should get the sump pump. | 也是 Gray 你 你应该买个排水泵 |
[02:24] | We’ll be right back after this newsbreak. | 新闻简报后 我们马上回来 |
[02:29] | Roz? Uh, just what is a sump pump? | Roz 那个 排水泵是啥 |
[02:34] | If you need one, you’ll know. | 你要用到了 你自然会知道 |
[02:36] | Listen, do you really own a Paxton or | 你是真的有Paxton的画 |
[02:38] | were you blowing sunshine up all Gary’s skirt? | 还是给Gary泼一身心灵鸡汤 |
[02:40] | Yes, indeed, I do own a Paxton. | 我真有一幅Paxton的画 |
[02:42] | You are happy to know she’s on line three. | 那你应该很高兴知道她在三号线上 |
[02:44] | God Roz she is a pre-eminent neo-fauvist on the 20th century | 天啊 Roz 她是优秀的20世纪新野兽派艺术家 |
[02:47] | and how could you put her on hold! | 你怎么能让她等电话 |
[02:48] | Well the phone rang and I pushed this little button. | 那电话铃响了 我按了这个按钮 |
[02:52] | Yes hello, Miss Paxton, oh I’m so sorry to have kept you waiting. | 您好 Paxton女士 让您久等真是抱歉 |
[02:56] | Well, thank you! | 谢谢 |
[02:58] | Yes. I’m very flattered that you listen to my little show. | 是 您收听我的节目真是令我受宠若惊 |
[03:03] | Yes, I meant every word. | 是 每句话都是我心里话 |
[03:06] | That’s lovely. I’d like to meet you, too, sometime. | 那真是太好了 我也想抽个时间跟您会个面 |
[03:09] | As a matter of fact, I’m having a few friends | 事实上 这周五晚 |
[03:13] | over for a little gathering this Friday night | 我邀请了些朋友小聚 |
[03:16] | for some cocktails and such. | 喝喝鸡尾酒之类的 |
[03:17] | Well, I suppose you’re far too… You would? Oh, that’s marvellous! | 那个 我想 要是你能赏光 你会来 那真是太棒了 |
[03:23] | Well, alright, it’s the Elliott Bay Towers, | 没问题 在艾略特港湾塔 |
[03:26] | on the counterbalance, around 7:00 is just fine.And | 附近 时间七点左右 |
[03:30] | Well, I’ll see you then. Ciao! | 好 到时候见 再见 |
[03:35] | I didn’t know you are having a cocktail party. | 我怎么不知道你有个鸡尾酒派对 |
[03:37] | That makes two of us. | 我也不知道 |
[03:47] | Well, me theory on death is, first you’re whisked down a dark tunnel | 我对死亡的看法是 首先你落入一个黑色的隧道 |
[03:52] | towards a beautiful white light and | 通向一处美丽白光 然后 |
[03:54] | you suddenly get all the jokes you never got before. | 你一下子顿悟了之前所有你没听懂的笑话 |
[03:56] | You let out a little chuckle and then you die. | 你忍不住笑出声 然后你就死了 |
[04:01] | That’s a delightful story I think, | 真是个可爱的小段子 |
[04:03] | but you know I think the toast points need replenishing. | 但是你得去补充点脆土司了 |
[04:05] | Be right on it. | 这就去 |
[04:09] | Enchanting, just enchanting. | 迷人 真是迷人 |
[04:11] | Why is no-one eating the mousseline of duck? | 怎么没人吃鸭冻啊 |
[04:15] | You mangy little cur! Get! Get! Get! Oh! | 你个小臭坏蛋 去 去 去 |
[04:20] | Now we know why. | 现在我们知道为啥了 |
[04:27] | Niles, the dog is eating the food, the pianist is too intrusive, | Niles 狗在偷吃食物 钢琴音乐太霸道 |
[04:31] | the Pinot Noir is far too stagy… | 这黑皮诺太装模作样 |
[04:34] | It’s 5 past 7, and Martha isn’t even here yet. | 都七点过五分了 Martha还没来 |
[04:36] | I won’t have to sedate you, am I? | 不是要我来给你打镇静剂吧 |
[04:39] | No, I’m just a bit on edge. I want everything to be so perfect. | 不用 我只是太紧张了 我想一切都完美 |
[04:43] | By the way, where’s Maris? I haven’t seen her all night. | 顺便问一句 Maris呢 我一晚上都没看见她 |
[04:45] | – She’s on your bed… – My bed? | – 她在你床上 – 我床上 |
[04:47] | Yes, she’s asleep under the guests’ coats. | 是 她在客人的大衣下睡着了 |
[04:53] | She exhausts easily under the pressure to be interesting. | 她在需要表现得有趣的压力下很容易感到疲倦 |
[04:58] | Niles, she’s supposed to be looking after Dad! | Niles 她应该看好老爸 |
[05:00] | That’s the only reason you’re here, remember ? | 这是你来这儿的唯一原因 |
[05:02] | Dad’s in the bathroom. Don’t worry. | 爸爸在厕所 别担心 |
[05:06] | That must be… La Paxton! | 那一定是 Paxton |
[05:09] | And fashionably late, of course! | 迟到都迟到得这么时髦 |
[05:19] | Oh, hi, Roz, it’s you. | 嘿 Roz 是你啊 |
[05:22] | – And you look radiant! – I look like crap. | – 你容光焕发啊 – 我看起来一塌糊涂 |
[05:25] | I spoted on my dress, over-plucked one eyebrow, | 我弄脏了我的裙子 一边眉毛拔太多 |
[05:28] | and the crotch of my pantyhose is creeping down to my knees. | 我连裤袜的裆部都快掉到我膝盖了 |
[05:38] | Couldn’t you just have done that on the elevator? | 你就不能在电梯里调整吗 |
[05:41] | Oh, my goodness, Roz you’ve got a neck! | 天啊 你的脖子挺美的 |
[05:46] | Gee so, what do you think of the place? | 快说说 你觉得这里怎样 |
[05:48] | Isn’t it anything you imagined it would be? | 是你想象的那样吗 |
[05:50] | Well, to be frank, Frasier | 老实说 Frasier |
[05:51] | I don’t spend my idle hours imagining how you live. | 我可不会用我休息时间想你怎么过的 |
[05:55] | But I did expect lots of beige. And look, I was right. | 不过我确实认为会有很多米黄色 看吧 我猜对了 |
[06:01] | – Would you like a drink? – Sure, something light would be nice. | – 喝点东西吗 – 可以 来点口味淡的 |
[06:04] | Double bourbon, rocks, and spill a little in the glass. | 波本威士忌加倍 加冰 用玻璃杯给我 |
[06:10] | Oh, Daphne, you’re here, too. | Daphne 你也在这儿啊 |
[06:12] | My goodness, Dr. Crane, shouldn’t you be out mixing? | 天啊 Crane博士 你不是应该外面跟别人聊天吗 |
[06:15] | Don’t mind me. I’m just getting some ice. | 别管我 我进来拿点冰 |
[06:20] | – Lovely party, isn’t it? – Yes, it is. | – 不错的派对 是吧 – 是的 |
[06:23] | Look this fresh fennel, smells wonderful, doesn’t it? | 这新鲜的茴香闻起来真不错 是吧 |
[06:27] | It certainly does. | 当然 |
[06:28] | Dr Crane, were you sniffing my hair? | Crane博士 你在嗅我的头发吗 |
[06:32] | Why would I do a thing like that? | 我干嘛要这样做 |
[06:33] | I’m a happily married man, I love my Maris. | 我是个快乐的已婚男人 我爱我的Maris |
[06:36] | – Where should I put this coat? – Just throw it on the bed. | – 这个大衣我该放哪 – 扔床上去 |
[06:41] | So, Frasier which one is your dad? | Frasier 哪位是你父亲 |
[06:44] | Well, he’s the old gentleman talking to Bethany Van Pelt | 就是那位和Bethany Van Pelt聊天的老先生 |
[06:47] | showing the photographs. | 正在给他看照片呢 |
[06:48] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[06:51] | When we finally got to her, it was hanging by two tendons. | 当我们最后找到她的时候 用两条筋挂在那里 |
[06:57] | Would you excuse us, please? | 打扰一下 我和他有话说 |
[06:59] | Dad, stop showing crime scene photos. | 爸 别再给别人看这些犯罪现场的照片了 |
[07:02] | You’re embarrassing me. | 这令我很难堪 |
[07:02] | Oh these society people lead this up. | 是这些社区工作人员提起来的 |
[07:04] | Besides she was the one who brought it up! | 况且是她提出要看的 |
[07:06] | Oh she brought it up? Bethany Vanpeld, the head of the Junior | 她提出要看的 Bethany Vanpeld 少年联盟的领导 |
[07:10] | League, brought up the subject of a hooker | 提出要看 一个妓女 |
[07:12] | whose body was hideously dismembered and | 被残忍肢解后 |
[07:13] | scattered all over in a abandoned warehouse? | 弃尸荒废仓库的照片 |
[07:16] | Yeah! She asked, “Are these | 是的 她问 这些 |
[07:17] | Swedish meatballs the messiest thing you’ve ever seen?” | 瑞典肉丸是你见过最脏乱差的东西吗 |
[07:20] | – And I said “No, as a matter of fact – Dad, please! | – 然后我说 不 实际上 – 爸 拜托 |
[07:23] | All right all right, but stop shadowing me! I don’t need a nursemaid! | 好好好 别跟着我了 我不需要保姆 |
[07:27] | All right, if you give me your word, that’s good enough for me. | 好好好 要是你跟我保证好 那就太好了 |
[07:30] | Watch him! | 看着他 |
[07:33] | – Hi, Niles. – Oh Hello – You may not remember me… | – 嘿 Niles – 你好 – 你也许记不得我 |
[07:36] | Of course I remember you! | 当然记得的 |
[07:38] | Would you be a love and watch that man with a cane. | 你能帮个忙看下那个拿着拐杖的先生吗 |
[07:42] | Everyone! | 大家 |
[07:50] | Dr Crane? | Crane医生 |
[07:52] | – I’m Martha Paxton. – Of course. Who else could you be? | – 我是Martha Paxton – 当然 您还能是谁啊 |
[07:58] | Welcome to my salon. | 欢迎来我的沙龙 |
[08:02] | Everyone, everyone your attention please! | 大家 大家请注意 |
[08:06] | Let’s welcome our guest of honour, | 让我们欢迎我们的贵宾 |
[08:08] | the renowned artist, Martha Paxton! | 著名艺术家 Martha Paxton |
[08:15] | May I take your…poncho? | 要我帮您拿您的 披风 |
[08:18] | No, I never take it off at parties. | 不必 我在派对上从来不脱披风 |
[08:20] | Gives me an excuse not to shake hands with people. | 好让我有理由不必和人握手 |
[08:23] | How delightfully eccentric. | 奇妙的主意 |
[08:24] | You must meet my brother Niles. Oh, Niles! | 那您可得和我弟弟Niles打个招呼 Niles |
[08:30] | Ms Paxton? Dr Niles Crane. | Paxton女士 我是Niles Crane博士 |
[08:32] | It’s an honour to shake your hand. | 能和您握手真是荣幸 |
[08:37] | Well, to shake anything of yours is an honour. | 能握您任何东西都是一种荣幸 |
[08:45] | Now, where did you hang my painting? | 那么 你把我的画挂在哪里 |
[08:48] | I was always curious to know how people live with my work. | 我总是好奇想知道 人们怎样忍受我的作品 |
[08:51] | “Live with my work.” I love that phrase. | 忍受我的作品 我爱死这个说法了 |
[08:54] | If you would, right this way, please. | 要是您乐意 这边请 |
[08:55] | I think this is the perfect spot | 这里对于一幅完美的作品 |
[08:57] | for an ideal viewing. Oh, God… | 是一个理想的观赏点 天啊 |
[08:59] | I’ve waited so long for this moment. | 为了这一刻 我已等待许久 |
[09:01] | I’m just going to stand back, let you describe your work, | 我这就后退 让您描绘您的作品 |
[09:04] | “Elegy In Green,” In your own words. | 绿色挽歌 用您的话说 |
[09:08] | The way you insinuate the palette but never lean on it. | 您这种暗含着色彩却从不依赖于色彩的方式 |
[09:12] | You’ve captured the Zeitgeist of our generation! | 您已经完全抓住了我们这一代时代精神 |
[09:15] | It’s the most perfect canvas. | 超完美的作品 |
[09:16] | It has ever been my privilege I’ve gazed upon. | 能注视着它都让我万分荣幸 |
[09:18] | I mean, one can only imagine what inspired you to paint it! | 谁能想象 是什么给了您灵感创作了这样的作品 |
[09:22] | I didn’t paint it. | 这不是我画的 |
[09:27] | Well, of course you didn’t. You created it, you gave birth to it. | 当然 不是你画的 是你创造的 你孕育了它 |
[09:32] | I didn’t do anything to it. | 这画跟我没有任何关系 |
[09:35] | I never saw this painting before in my whole life. | 我从来没有见过这幅画 |
[09:39] | And you thought I was gonna embarrass you. | 你还以为是我会让你难堪吗 |
[09:48] | – I really liked your friend, Roz. – What? | – 我很喜欢你那个叫Roz的朋友 – 啥 |
[09:51] | Roz, at the party tonight. Nice gal. What a chance go out. | Roz 今晚派对上的 大美女 有机会约出去啊 |
[09:55] | She’s great-looking and she can really hold her liquor. | 长得漂亮 酒量又好 |
[09:59] | Dad, you mind? | 爸爸 你介意吗 |
[10:00] | I’ve suffered the most humiliating evening in my life. | 我刚刚度过了人生中最丢人的一个夜晚 |
[10:03] | I’ve been made a fool of by this…this thing. | 我被玩弄了 罪魁祸首就是 这幅画 |
[10:09] | You know, I may be just a girl from Manchester, | 虽然我只是一个来自曼彻斯特的姑娘 |
[10:12] | but I have to tell you. | 但是我得告诉你 |
[10:13] | Even though it’s not a Paxton, I really like that picture. | 即使他不是Paxton画的 我也还是很喜欢它 |
[10:16] | I like it the minute I saw it. | 我一看到它就喜欢上了 |
[10:18] | I liked it before I even knew who Martha Paxton was | 在我知道Martha Paxton是谁之前就喜欢上了 |
[10:22] | and, quite frankly, I don’t think that woman bathes. | 而且老实说 那女人好像没洗澡 |
[10:27] | Well, enjoy it while you can, | 趁着还有机会多看几眼 |
[10:29] | because the first thing in the morning | 我明天一早 |
[10:29] | this is going back to the dealer where I bought it. | 就把它退到艺术品商那 |
[10:32] | I’m demanding my money back. | 我要拿回我的钱 |
[10:33] | No one is gonna take advantage of Frasier Crane! | 没人能占Frasier Crane的便宜 |
[10:35] | Oh, listen Frasier. You can’t upset about this. | Frasier 你不必为此难过 |
[10:38] | Maybe I should return it for you. | 让我去帮你退掉吧 |
[10:39] | Oh well dad, I appreciate the gesture, | 爸爸 很感谢你的提议 |
[10:41] | but really I mean what do you know about the art world? | 但是 真的 老实说 你对艺术有啥了解呢 |
[10:44] | Apparently about as much as you do. | 明显和你差不多 |
[10:59] | I can see the love in your eyes. | 我可以看见你眼中的热爱 |
[11:02] | – You must have this painting. – Are you the owner? | – 你想要拥有这幅画 – 你是画廊的店主吗 |
[11:06] | Yes, I am, Philip Hayson. | 是 是我的 我是Philip Hayson |
[11:08] | How do you do? I’m Dr Frasier Crane. | 您好 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[11:09] | – I have a little… – No, | – 我有点 – 不是吧 |
[11:11] | not the Dr Frasier Crane from the radio? | 不会是广播台的那个Frasier Crane医生吧 |
[11:14] | Guilty, yes. | 不才 正是在下 |
[11:15] | My wife and I love your show. | 我和我太太超爱听你的节目 |
[11:17] | Could I have your autograph before you go? | 你走之前能给我签个名吗 |
[11:19] | It would be my pleasure. But speaking of autographs, | 乐意之至 说起签名 |
[11:22] | I have a small problem with this painting. | 我有点关于这幅画的小问题 |
[11:25] | I’m really distress to hear that. | 我很乐意听一听 |
[11:26] | – Would you like a glass of wine? – Well actually I … | – 来杯酒如何 – 事实上我 |
[11:29] | My wife and I toured the Loire Valley last year | 去年我和我太太去卢瓦尔河谷旅游 |
[11:32] | and we couldn’t resist buying four cases of this. | 我们忍不住买了四箱这个 |
[11:35] | It’s quite extraordinary. I hope you like it. | 那是相当棒 希望你喜欢 |
[11:38] | – I’d rather not have any wine… – Just a moment, just try… | – 我不是来喝酒的 – 就一下 试一口 |
[11:44] | Oh, that’s rather nice, it finishes well. | 相当不错 尤其后味 |
[11:46] | Very well. Would you like more? | 真的不错 还想再来一点吗 |
[11:47] | No, thank you. Getting back to my problem. | 不用了 谢谢 回到我的问题 |
[11:51] | I recently gave a small but elegance soiree | 最近我办了一场小型晚会 |
[11:53] | which Martha Paxton was attended you see. | Martha Paxton出席了 |
[11:56] | And she told me that this painting was not her work. | 然后她告诉我这不是她的作品 |
[12:01] | Oh dear, I can imagine how embarrassing that must be. | 天啊 我都能想象那有多尴尬 |
[12:04] | I doubt it you can’t Mr Hayson. | 我想你不能 Hayson先生 |
[12:06] | Please, Philip. Let’s take a look at that | 叫我Philip 让我们在 |
[12:09] | in a slightly better light, shall we? | 光线亮一点的地方看看 |
[12:13] | – Oh, yes, I remember this. This is breathtaking. – Yes well. | – 我记得 真是太美了 – 是的 |
[12:17] | Ronald, Diane, will you step in here in a moment please? | Ronald Diane 你们能立马过来一下吗 |
[12:21] | Do you remember when this piece was in the gallery, | 你们还记得这幅画挂在这里的时候 |
[12:24] | everyone who saw it wanted it? | 谁见了都想买 |
[12:26] | Yes, it’s a very special piece. | 是的 这是件很特殊的作品 |
[12:28] | Mrs Chitcherelli was heartbroken | Chitcherelli夫人发现它被卖掉的时候 |
[12:30] | – when it’s sold. – Oh yes? | – 心都碎了 – 是吗 |
[12:31] | Yes, I’m sure she was but you see it’s not a Paxton. | 是的 我想她确实心碎了但这不是Paxton的作品 |
[12:35] | It says here that it is a Paxton. The signature… | 这里标明了是Paxton的 这个签名 |
[12:40] | Martha Paxton says it’s not a Paxton! | Martha Paxton说的那不是她的作品 |
[12:43] | Oh, Martha! How is the old dear? | Martha 她最近如何呢 |
[12:45] | She and I go back a long way. | 我跟她可有一段有一段过往呢 |
[12:48] | – Is she still…? – As a Crimean short melon, yes. | – 她还是 – 还跟克里米亚矮瓜一样光溜溜的 |
[12:52] | Would you like a little more wine? | 您想再来点酒吗 |
[12:54] | No, I don’t want any wine, I want to discuss this painting. | 我不要酒 我要说说这幅画 |
[12:56] | So want I. Maybe some brie? | 我也想的 来点布里奶酪 |
[12:58] | No, I don’t, I don’t want any brie. | 不 我不要奶酪 |
[13:02] | I want my money back! | 我想要退钱 |
[13:03] | Oh well, that’s where things might just get a bit prickly. | 那事情就变得有些棘手了 |
[13:08] | Well you see we have a strict policy here, | 您知道我们Hayson画廊有严格规定 |
[13:10] | the Hayson gallery. All sales are final. | 所有商品概不退还 |
[13:12] | But in this case you’ll make an exception. | 但是这个情况 你得有个例外 |
[13:14] | I’d love to but I can’t. | 我爱莫能助啊 |
[13:16] | But it’s a forgery. | 可这是伪造的啊 |
[13:17] | If it is, it’s a damn good one. | 要真的是的话 还真仿得不错啊 |
[13:20] | Alright, I’ll make this simple, I want my money. | 够了 简单地说 我要退钱 |
[13:24] | I’m sure you do. | 你肯定想要啊 |
[13:29] | Oh, I know what you’re doing. You are handlling me. | 我知道你在干嘛 你在操控我 |
[13:32] | You’re agreeing with everything I say, hoping I’ll tire and go away. | 你赞同我的每一句话 希望我感到厌烦就走了 |
[13:35] | – Whatever you say. – I don’t believe it. | – 随你怎么说 – 我不敢相信 |
[13:39] | You’re shining me on! You’re shining me on! | 你在耍我 你在耍我 |
[13:43] | Where is the fairness? Where is the justice? | 公平在哪里 正义在哪里 |
[13:45] | Dr Crane, if you ever find justice in this world, | Crane医生 如果你在世界上看到了正义 |
[13:50] | let me know, will you? | 记得告诉我一声 好吗 |
[13:53] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some work to do. | 现在 要是没事 我还有事要忙 |
[13:55] | What? Did a crate of freshly painted Rembrandts just arrive? | 啥 是不是一箱新鲜出炉的伦勃朗作品到了 |
[14:00] | Danm it! You’re not getting away with this. | 混蛋 你们别想这样就算了 |
[14:02] | I am not leaving! I am not leaving! | 我不会罢休的 不会罢休的 |
[14:14] | What did you still doing with that? I thought you gonna return it. | 这画还在呢 我以为你要去退掉啊 |
[14:17] | They wouldn’t take it back. | 他们不给退 |
[14:19] | All I got was some attitude, a cheap glass of wine. | 就给了我点脸色看 一杯廉价红酒 |
[14:22] | Loire Valley, my ass. | 卢瓦尔河谷 垃圾 |
[14:27] | What are you gonna do now? | 你打算怎么做 |
[14:29] | Well force of my hand, I’ll call the police. | 立刻下手报警 |
[14:31] | – 555-3000. – Thanks. | – 555-3000 – 谢谢 |
[14:36] | Try to mess with Dr Frasier Crane, I’ll teach them. | 想糊弄Frasier Crane医生 我得给他们点颜色看看 |
[14:38] | Hello…Yes. Oh, just a second. Dad, who do I ask for? | 你好 是 稍等 爸爸 我得找谁 |
[14:42] | Have them put you through to Fine Arts Forgery Department. | 让他们给你接到艺术品伪造部门 |
[14:47] | Hello, yes, the Fine Arts Forgery Department, please. | 你好 是 请找艺术品伪造部门 |
[14:58] | Dad! They’re laughing at me. | 爸爸 他们嘲笑我呢 |
[15:03] | Give me the phone. | 电话给我 |
[15:07] | Hi, who’s this? Hey, Doris! Yeah, Marty Crane. | 你是 Doris 是我 Marty Crane |
[15:11] | Yeah, that was my son. | 是 是我儿子 |
[15:15] | I just thought that he needed a bite of a reality sandwich. | 我只是觉得得让他尝一尝叫现实的三明治 |
[15:20] | Yeah, give my best to the guys. Thanks. Yeah, bye. | 代我给他们问好 谢谢 拜拜 |
[15:24] | – What was that? – Frasier, | – 怎么回事 – Frasier |
[15:26] | the boys downtown get a handful of murders and robberies. | 这些警察满手的凶杀抢劫案 |
[15:28] | They don’t have time for artsy-fartsy stuff. | 没时间管这种破艺术品的闲事 |
[15:31] | What am I supposed to do? I’ve been cheated! | 那我该怎么做 我被骗了 |
[15:40] | What were you two doing back there? | 你们在那里搞些什么 |
[15:42] | Maris lost her earring at the party last night. | 昨晚派对 Maris弄丢了她的耳环 |
[15:44] | Daphne was good enough to crawl under the bed to look for it while I… | Daphne提出要爬到床底下去找 我就 |
[15:47] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[15:52] | …searched the credenza. | 看了看书柜 |
[15:55] | Maybe I will check the hallway. It may got trampled into the hallway carpet | 我去看看走廊吧 可能会在大家冲进电梯 |
[15:59] | when everybody stampeded for the elevator. | 里的时候把耳环踩进走廊地毯了 |
[16:01] | No one stampeded! | 没人冲进电梯 |
[16:03] | They are just good guests just know when to leave. | 他们是知道什么时候该回去的好客人 |
[16:06] | – Two hours early. – Shut up! Niles! | – 提前了两小时 – 闭嘴 Niles |
[16:09] | Oh I see. May I address this foul mood mean | 我懂了 我能断言这坏情绪意味着 |
[16:12] | you were unable to unload the bogus Paxton? | 你无法摆脱Paxton赝品的阴影 |
[16:14] | Yes. | 是 |
[16:16] | Just I know, oh, Niles, | 我知道了 Niles |
[16:17] | What’s the name of that really vicious lawyer that you use? | 你雇的那个超级恶毒的律师叫什么名字 |
[16:21] | Which one? The one I used to sue the | 哪个 是我用来起诉 |
[16:22] | contractor or the one I used to sue the personal trainer? | 承包商的还是起诉私人教练的 |
[16:24] | – The meanest. – That would be the second one. | – 最卑鄙的那个 – 那一定是第二个 |
[16:26] | I used him to sue the first one. | 我用他起诉第一个呢 |
[16:29] | Just give me his number, will you. | 给我他的号码 好吧 |
[16:31] | Forget it, Frasier. Five years of | 算了吧 Frasier 五年的 |
[16:33] | litigation will and you will end up paying | 诉讼会让你付出 |
[16:35] | eight times what you paid for the painting. | 比买这一幅画多八倍的价钱 |
[16:37] | Right about that! God, I hate lawyers! | 说的对 我讨厌律师 |
[16:40] | Oh me too. But they make wonderful patients. | 我也是 不过他们是不错的病人 |
[16:42] | They have excellent health insurance and they never get better. | 他们有优秀的健康保险并且怎么都治不好 |
[16:50] | Say, I know, I know, | 我知道了 我知道哦了 |
[16:52] | I can use my radio show. Why don’t I think of this early? | 我可以利用我的节目 我怎么没想到呢 |
[16:54] | I can use my bully pulpit to expose that man for the fraud he is! | 通过电台讲坛 揭露这个大骗子 |
[16:58] | No Frasier, that slander will sue you for everything you’ve got. | 别这么干 Frasier 诽谤罪会让你倾家荡产 |
[17:01] | Damn it, Niles. Where is the justice? Where am I supposed to turn to? | 可恶 Nile是 正义在哪里 我该向谁求助 |
[17:04] | I’m a beloved household personality and I’ve been screwed! | 我是位备受爱戴家喻户晓的名人 我就这样被坑了 |
[17:09] | For god sake, Frasier, | 看在上帝的份上 Frasier |
[17:10] | you’re 41 years old. It’s your time to learn something. | 你都41岁了 该长点心了 |
[17:13] | The system ain’t perfect. | 社会就是不完美的 |
[17:14] | Sometimes the bad guy wins and | 有时候坏人得逞 |
[17:17] | all those things you thought would be around to help you, | 你觉得所有应该跟你站在一方的 |
[17:19] | the courts and the police department, | 法院 警察 |
[17:21] | sometimes they are just not there when you need them. | 有时你需要的时候他们就不在了 |
[17:24] | So you can either leave a hole in your stomach | 所以 要么继续自怨自艾下去 |
[17:26] | or you can just file it away under the heading “Sometimes life sucks”. | 要么把这事归到”有时生活就是如此”的文件里 |
[17:30] | Yeah well, that file’s getting pretty thick. | 这堆文件都越摞越厚了 |
[17:39] | So that’s that, Hayson just gets away with it. | 所以只能这样 Hayson就这么逃过法网 |
[17:42] | He’s sitting there right now with his brie, and his | 他现在正坐在那儿 吃着布里奶酪 |
[17:44] | wine and his little chuckle at my expense. | 品着红酒 嘲笑我做了冤大头 |
[17:48] | Finally I understand why people take matters into their own hands. | 我算是明白了为什么有些人会去惹事了 |
[17:51] | It would be so satisfying right now | 要是现在能戳他的轮胎 |
[17:53] | to just slash his tyres or throw a brick through his window | 砸他家窗户什么的 |
[17:57] | or something with it! | 一定会心情舒畅 |
[17:58] | Just so he learn that don’t do this to people and | 让他知道可没有干了坏事 |
[18:00] | get away with this. | 还偷着乐这种事 |
[18:02] | I know you Frasier. | 我了解你Frasier |
[18:03] | I know you would never resort to that sort of thing. | 我知道你永远不会耍这种小诡计 |
[18:06] | Would you, Frasier? | 对吧 Frasier |
[18:11] | There’s a vein throbbing in your forehead. | 你前额有青筋爆出来了 |
[18:16] | Well I couldn’t find it in the hallway, | 走廊里也没找到 |
[18:19] | but let me give it one last try. | 让我再试试最后一招吧 |
[18:20] | Give me the matching earring. Maybe I’ll get something from it. | 给我另一个耳环 我看看能不能感应到什么 |
[18:25] | Oh, yes, I’m getting a feeling. It’s in your father’s room. | 对 感应到了 它在你爸爸的房间 |
[18:29] | No, It’s in Dr Crane’s room. | 不对 在Crane医生的房间 |
[18:32] | No… Oh, this is odd. Now it’s in the hallway. | 不 奇怪了 现在它在走廊 |
[18:38] | Eddie Eddie! | |
[19:06] | Good evening. Lovely night, isn’t it? | 晚上好 多美好的夜晚 是吧 |
[19:10] | Yes, well, uh… Good night. | 的确是 晚安 |
[19:23] | – Get in the car. – Niles, What the hell you are doing here? | – 上车 – 你在这里干啥 |
[19:26] | Stopping you from doing something really stupid. Now get in the car. | 阻止你干蠢事 上车 |
[19:28] | I will not. Niles, I know this is wrong, | 我不上 我知道这样不对 |
[19:30] | but I don’t care. It’s the only thing left for me! | 但是我无所谓 这是我唯一能做的 |
[19:33] | All right, Frasier. | 好吧 Frasier |
[19:36] | Frasier just give me the brick and no one will get hurt. | Frasier 把砖头给我 没有人会受伤 |
[19:38] | – Just go away. It’s no concern of yours. – It is. | – 走开 不关你的事 – 关我的事 |
[19:41] | – How. – Remember that day in junior high school | – 为何 – 记得在初中的某天 |
[19:44] | when somebody took my all clothes while | 体育课后 有人趁我洗澡的时候 |
[19:46] | I was in the shower right after gym class? | 拿走我的衣服 |
[19:48] | They hung them from the goalpost on the football field. | 他们把衣服挂在足球场的门柱上 |
[19:51] | I had no choice but to get a ladder and climb | 我别无选择 只能拿了一梯子爬上去 |
[19:54] | up there wearing nothing only a towel, wet and shivering. | 唯有一条毛巾遮羞 浑身湿冷 颤抖 |
[19:57] | Then the towel fell off. | 然后毛巾掉了 |
[20:01] | There I was, your little brother, hanging naked from a goalpost, | 我在那里 你的弟弟 赤身裸体挂在门柱上 |
[20:04] | and everyone was standing around laughing, | 别人围观 嘲笑我 |
[20:05] | and all Coach Medwick would do was stand there going… | Medwick教练所做的也只是站在那里 |
[20:08] | Whatever that means. | 什么玩意儿 |
[20:11] | Well, why are you telling me this? | 好吧 你告诉我这个干嘛 |
[20:13] | Because I was so humiliated. | 因为我感到很耻辱 |
[20:16] | I went home, I cried my eyes out. I swore I would get even. | 我跑回家 痛哭流涕 我发誓我要报复 |
[20:21] | I was just about to put sugar into Coach Medwick’s gas tank, | 我正打算把糖倒进Medwick教练的油箱时 |
[20:26] | and you stopped me. | 你阻止了我 |
[20:28] | And what you said, | 记得你说了什么吗 |
[20:31] | “if you act like a barbarian, you will become barbarian.” | 行野蛮之事 为野蛮之人 |
[20:33] | – I said that? – Yes. Well, | – 我说的 – 是的 |
[20:36] | actually you were more verbose in the entire line. | 实际上你说了一大通 |
[20:39] | I had to listen, you were sitting on my chest. | 我不得不听 因为你坐在我的胸口上 |
[20:44] | Give me the brick, Frasier. | 砖头给我 Frasier |
[20:46] | And let him get away with this? | 就这样让他毫发无损吗 |
[20:48] | I know I know. But what the gallery owner did to you | 我知道 我知道 但是这家画廊老板的行为 |
[20:50] | was wrong and was humiliating. | 是错的 是令人不齿的 |
[20:53] | But if you throw that brick through that window, | 如果你要用砖头砸了他家窗户 |
[20:54] | you will have lost something more valuable than your money. | 你损失的可是比钱更重要的东西 |
[20:58] | You will lost…your mind. Frasier you can’t do this! | 你会失去 理智 你不能这样做 |
[21:06] | Well I alter a few words strong enough | 好吧 我随口几句的力量 |
[21:08] | to show strength after so much humiliation, | 大到让经历了如此羞辱的你还能如此坚强 |
[21:11] | not to mention the nicknames… | 更别说什么外号 |
[21:13] | – Nicknames. There were nicknames? – You didn’t know that? | – 外号 还有外号 – 你不知道吗 |
[21:17] | Oh dear God. Yes, peachfuzz, Jingle Bells… | 天啊 是的 毛小子 响铃铛 |
[21:21] | I can’t remember the rest. | 其他的我记不得了 |
[21:24] | – “Peachfuzz”? – Yes I believe | – 毛小子 – 是的 我确信是 |
[21:25] | Coach Medwick made that one up himself. | Medwick教练编的这个 |
[21:29] | Well, anyway, here you are. I won’t be needing this any more. | 不管怎样 给你 我不需要这个了 |
[21:35] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你感到自豪 |
[21:40] | Dear god! Niles what have you done? | 天啊 Niles 你干了什么 |
[21:43] | I fucked lowborn justice. Nobody calls me Peachfuzz! | 去他妈的狗屁正义 没人可以叫我毛小子 |
[21:45] | Now let’s get the hell out of here! | 现在我们快逃 |
[21:49] | Nile, what are you doing now? | 现在你又干嘛 |
[21:51] | We may be barbarians, but we pay for our pillaging. | 也许我们是野蛮之人 但是我们会为此负责 |
[21:55] | Come on! Go! Go! Go! Go! | 走 走 走 走 |