时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Just the man I want to see. Coffee, please. | 我正好要找你呢 请来一杯咖啡 |
[00:10] | Niles, Niles, please…? | Niles Niles 请先 |
[00:11] | You will not believe the morning I’ve had.. . | 你不会相信今天早上我 |
[00:12] | Would you be terribly offended if I asked you | 如果我请你先不要讲 安静地坐着 |
[00:13] | just not to talk about it and sit quietly? | 你会不会生气 |
[00:16] | Look, can I at least tell you…? | 那我能不能至少告诉你 |
[00:17] | Shh-shh. Please, I do not have time for your folderol today. | 别说话 我没有时间听你的那些废话 |
[00:20] | I am meeting Charlotte for lunch, | 今天中午我要和Charlotte吃午餐 |
[00:21] | and I am planning my strategy on how to win her over. | 我正在思考如何赢得她的芳心 |
[00:23] | I thought you said she has a boyfriend, | 我记得你说她有男朋友 |
[00:25] | this environmentalist fellow. | 一个环境学家 |
[00:26] | – Yes. Frank. – Well, so… Thank you. | – 是的 叫Frank – 那么 谢谢 |
[00:27] | What’s your plan to get around him? | 那你打算怎么赢他 |
[00:29] | I’m merely going to present myself as the anti-Frank. | 我要表现成他的反面 |
[00:35] | Ah, so you’re going to be not rugged and not handsome.Interesting. | 那就是不阳刚不帅气呗 有意思 |
[00:39] | No. | 不是的 |
[00:40] | You also could be not passionate and not committed. | 也可以是毫无热情 缺乏忠诚 |
[00:42] | Very funny. | 有意思 |
[00:43] | Maybe she’d like you | 要是你表现得既无聊又无知 |
[00:44] | if you were not interesting and not informed. | 也许她会喜欢这样的你 |
[00:45] | Niles! | Niles 够了 |
[00:46] | Well, you said my day was folderol! | 那谁让你说我的日子就是废话 |
[00:48] | Sometimes it is! | 有时候确实是的啊 |
[00:50] | – I don’t believe you. – Well, it’s true. | – 不可能 – 是真的 |
[00:52] | My roommate and I used to listen | 我和我的室友以前每天 |
[00:53] | to your show every day, just for you. | 都听你的节目 就是因为你 |
[00:56] | We fell in love with your voice. | 你的声音令人着迷 |
[00:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[00:58] | It’s just a voice. | 只不过是声音而已 |
[01:02] | Well, all the guys on my floor listen to you. | 我们这一层的家伙都听你的节目 |
[01:04] | To our show? | 我们的节目吗 |
[01:05] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[01:06] | Boy, things sure have changed since I was in college. | 天呐 看来从我大学毕业之后事情确实变化了不少 |
[01:09] | Mmm. Well, it wasn’t exactly college. More like prison. | 那儿并不是什么大学 更像是监狱 |
[01:11] | Oh, so was mine. | 哦 我的也一样 |
[01:13] | So, where’d you go ? . | 那你是哪所大学的 |
[01:15] | Prison. | 监狱 |
[01:17] | Oh. | 这样 |
[01:18] | So… | 那么 |
[01:20] | you fell in love with my voice? | 你迷上我的声音了 |
[01:23] | Hi! Oh! | 你好 |
[01:24] | Charlotte, hi, hi. Hi. | Charlotte 你好 快来坐 |
[01:25] | You remember my brother, Niles? | 你还记得我弟弟Niles吧 |
[01:26] | – Yes,Oh, hello! – Charlotte. | – 记得 你好 – Charlotte. |
[01:27] | How are you? Hi. | 你今天过得如何 |
[01:28] | Well, frustrated. I’ve been selling | 有点筋疲力尽 我一直在四处 |
[01:30] | this guy all over town, but no one’s buying. | 推销这个家伙 但是没有人感兴趣 |
[01:31] | Oh, well, perhaps if you’d throw in a toaster. | 也许可以先把他丢进面包机里烤一下 |
[01:33] | Oh! | 哈 |
[01:36] | I just have to call Frank before we head out. | 我们出发前我需要给Frank打个电话 |
[01:38] | Oh, right. | 哦 好的 |
[01:39] | So, everything’s settled between the two of you? | 那么 你们之间所有事情都解决好了 |
[01:41] | Oh, yeah, he came over last night. | 哦 是的 他昨天晚上来我家了 |
[01:42] | I don’t even remember what we were fighting about. | 我都不记得之前吵架的原因了 |
[01:46] | You know what that means, don’t you?! | 你知道这意味着什么对吧 |
[01:48] | They had a long night of acrobatic makeup sex. | 他们昨晚进行了一场酣畅淋漓的和好性爱 |
[01:52] | I just thought of another way you could be the anti-Frank. | 我刚想到 这也可以算是你和Frank相反的一面 |
[01:57] | – Niles? – Hmm? | – Niles – 怎么 |
[01:59] | Keep an eye out for her, will you? | 帮我盯着她点 |
[02:00] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[02:01] | Research. | 调研 |
[02:01] | Frasier! Frasier! Foul play! | Frasier Frasier 你这是犯规 |
[02:03] | All is fair in love and war. | 情场和战场都可以不择手段的 |
[02:07] | That’s interesting. | 真是有趣 |
[02:09] | An anthology of Irish plays. | 爱尔兰戏剧的选集 |
[02:12] | It’s perfect! | 太完美了 |
[02:12] | What do you know about Irish plays? | 你对于爱尔兰戏剧很了解吗 |
[02:14] | Nothing, but not for long. | 一窍不通 但很快就不这样了 |
[02:16] | There’s one area where no man has ever bested me, Niles. | 有一个领域从来没人打败我 Niles |
[02:18] | Homework! | 那就是做功课 |
[02:21] | Oh, uh, Charlotte, listen. | 哦 那个 Charlotte 请听我说 |
[02:22] | I was just beeped by a patient | 刚刚有一位病人呼我 |
[02:24] | who’s-who’s desperate to see me. | 他 他非常急切地要见我 |
[02:25] | So, do you mind if we just switch lunch for dinner? | 你介意把午餐改成晚餐吗 |
[02:28] | Actually, that’s better for me | 实际上 那样更好 |
[02:29] | I have four new clients coming in. | 我有四位新客户 |
[02:31] | Just think, the woman of your dreams | 想想看 你的梦中情人很有可能 |
[02:33] | may be sitting in my office this afternoon. | 今天下午会出现在我的办公室 |
[02:35] | Indeed she may. | 确实有可能 |
[02:44] | Oh, Monsieur, it is so nice to see you again. | 哦 先生 能再次见到您真是太好了 |
[02:46] | Your special table is ready for you. | 您的专座已经准备好了 |
[02:47] | – And the wine? – As you requested, Monsieur. | – 酒呢 – 如您所吩咐的 先生 |
[02:49] | – Right. And the roses? – I’m so sorry, Monsieur. | – 玫瑰呢 – 很抱歉 先生 |
[02:51] | I felt that the scent would distract | 我觉得玫瑰的香气会干扰 |
[02:54] | from the wine’s distinctive bouquet. | 这瓶葡萄酒独特的味道 |
[02:56] | – You forgot them, didn’t you? – Yes, forgive me. | – 你就是给忘了吧 – 是的 请原谅我 |
[02:58] | For God’s sake, Georges! | 饶了我吧 Georges |
[02:59] | Send a busboy out to pick some wildflowers, please. | 请打发个打杂小弟去给我摘一些野花来 |
[03:01] | Very good, Monsieur. | 没问题 先生 |
[03:03] | Gee, you kind of sprinted ahead of me there. | 天呐 你刚才像在和我赛跑 |
[03:07] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[03:08] | Listen, I just wanted to | 我就是想确保 |
[03:08] | make sure that we could get a good table. | 能找到一个好位置 |
[03:10] | Here, come and sit. | 来 请坐吧 |
[03:11] | This place is kind of fancy for a working dinner. | 这地方对于吃工作餐有点高大上啊 |
[03:12] | Yes, well, after the rigors of your camping trip with Frank, | 你和Frank的野营旅行那么劳累 |
[03:15] | I thought that you deserved a little elegance. | 也该享受点高雅的东西啦 |
[03:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:21] | So, good news. | 好消息 |
[03:22] | I met this great woman today. | 我今天遇到了一位很棒的女士 |
[03:24] | How do you feel about dating someone a little taller than you? | 你会介意和比你高一点点的女士约会吗 |
[03:29] | How much taller? | 高多少 |
[03:30] | I don’t know exactly, | 这我还真不知道 |
[03:31] | but I did have to turn off the ceiling fan. | 但高到我得把天花板的风扇关掉 |
[03:35] | Well, let’s just put her in the “Maybe” Pile, shall we? | 那么 把她放在”有可能”这一栏吧 |
[03:41] | – Hi, sweetie. – Hi! | – 嗨 亲爱的 – 嗨 |
[03:42] | Sorry to interrupt. I know you’re working. | 抱歉打扰你们了 我知道你在工作 |
[03:44] | – Oh… Frank, you know Frasier. – Yes, yes, of course. | – 哦 Frank 你认识Frasier的 – 是的 当然了 |
[03:46] | – Nice to see again, Frasier. – Good to see you, Frank. | – 很高兴见到你 Frasier – 我也是 Frank |
[03:47] | I just need the keys to your apartment. | 我需要你公寓的钥匙 |
[03:49] | I left my blue field notebook there, | 我把我蓝色的场地工作笔记本落下了 |
[03:50] | and I want to double-check some old whale songs | 我需要再查看一下我以前记录的 |
[03:51] | – I copied down. – Oh, sure. | – 鲸鱼歌声 – 没问题 |
[03:53] | Been in a boat all day recording whale songs, | 我今天在船上耗费了一整天记录鲸鱼的歌声 |
[03:55] | and I think we might have had | 我认为我们有可能即将 |
[03:56] | a really big interpretive breakthrough. | 在转译其歌声上有一些重大突破 |
[03:57] | Oh! You must tell us about it sometime. | 真的吗 那你什么时候一定要讲给我们听 |
[04:00] | That’s a great wine. Can I steal a glass? | 这是瓶好酒 我能不能来一杯 |
[04:02] | – Yeah, here. – You don’t mind, do you? | – 请吧 – 你不介意吧 |
[04:05] | N-No, no. Not at all. | 当然不了 一点都不 |
[04:07] | Although, as the lrish say, | 不过 就像那句爱尔兰俗语 |
[04:10] | “A man takes a drink, | “如果一个人喝酒不节制” |
[04:12] | “The drink takes a drink, | “那么一杯又一杯之后” |
[04:13] | the drink takes the man. “ | “酒最终将会夺走他的性命” |
[04:16] | That’s very good. | 说的真好 |
[04:17] | “As the old cock crows, the young cock learns. “ | “当老公鸡鸣叫时 年轻的公鸡就学会了” |
[04:23] | Yes, well, wasn’t it O’Casey who once wrote: | 是啊 奥凯西不是说过吗 |
[04:28] | “The Irish treat a serious thing as a joke” | “爱尔兰人总是笑谈一切” |
[04:30] | and a joke as a serious thing”? | “但对说笑却不敢马虎” |
[04:32] | Well, you’d really have to ask Frank about that. | 关于这个你真得问Frank了 |
[04:36] | He’s the one who loves Irish literature. | 他喜欢爱尔兰文学 |
[04:39] | He lent me an anthology, but I haven’t made much of a dent in it. | 他借给我了一本选集 但我还没有看多少 |
[04:42] | I’m sorry, honey, I’m trying. | 真抱歉 亲爱的 我还在努力 |
[04:44] | I know you are, baby. | 我知道的 亲爱的 |
[04:45] | The flowers as you requested, Monsieur. | 您要求的花 先生 |
[04:48] | I’m sorry. I thought you were to bedeux. | 真不好意思 我以为你是两人约会 |
[04:50] | Yes, well, now we are trois. | 本来是 现在是三个人 |
[04:52] | Thank you, Georges. | 谢谢你 Georges |
[04:53] | Uh, could you bring us another glass, please? | 你能否再给我们拿一只杯子 |
[04:54] | Yes, I understand, Monsieur. | 好的 我懂了 先生 |
[04:56] | It is the most sophisticated of you. | 您真是老练 |
[05:02] | Frasier, you ordered these flowers? | Frasier 你订了这些花吗 |
[05:04] | Well, the table just looked so bare. | 因为桌子看上去太光秃秃的了 |
[05:05] | These are great choices, man. | 这些花真是太棒了 |
[05:07] | These are all Washington wildflowers. | 这些都是华盛顿野花 |
[05:08] | Remember, from our hike? | 记得吗 我们徒步的时候见过 |
[05:09] | Foxglove, fine-tooth penstemon, harsh paintbrush… | 毛地黄 气球花 印第安画笔花 |
[05:13] | Ah! | 啊 |
[05:15] | Remember this one? | 你还记得这个吗 |
[05:16] | Oh, it’s on the tip of my tongue… | 就在嘴边怎么也想不起来 |
[05:18] | – Monkey flower. – Monkey flower. | – 猴子兰花 – 猴子兰花 |
[05:20] | Yes, often confused with the chimp pansy. | 是啊 经常会和大猩猩三色堇搞混 |
[05:26] | Frank made the same joke this morning. | Frank今天早上也讲了同样的笑话 |
[05:27] | Oh! | 哦 |
[05:28] | Yeah. Great minds. | 英雄所见 |
[05:29] | Ah, yes, yes, yes. | 是啊是啊 |
[05:39] | Oh. | 哦 |
[05:40] | Terrific. | 棒极了 |
[05:47] | Hey, how you doing? | 嘿 你好吗 |
[05:48] | Hi. Hey, look at you, Mr. Handsome. | 你好 嘿 看看你 老帅哥 |
[05:50] | Oh, thanks. | 哦 谢谢 |
[05:51] | We’re going to go hear Ronee sing at the Rendezvous. | 我们要去聚集地听Ronee唱歌 |
[05:54] | And then afterwards, I am going to give her | 这之后 我要送给她一枚 |
[05:57] | her engagement ring. | 订婚戒指 |
[05:59] | Oh! Let’s have a look. | 哦 让我们先瞅瞅 |
[06:02] | Oh, Martin, it’s beautiful. | 哦 Martin 这太美了 |
[06:05] | She’s going to love this. | 她一定会非常喜欢的 |
[06:06] | Oh, thanks. You know, I forgot I had it. | 哦 谢谢 我都忘记我曾有一只戒指了 |
[06:08] | I bought it years ago for Sherry, | 多年前我给Sherry买的 |
[06:09] | but then we broke up. | 结果我们分手了 |
[06:12] | You can’t give Ronee a used ring. | 你不能给Ronee一只旧戒指啊 |
[06:14] | Sherry never even touched it. | Sherry又没戴过 |
[06:16] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不是重点 |
[06:17] | Ronee deserves something that you picked out just for her. | Ronee值得你专门挑选一枚送给她 |
[06:19] | Well, she’ll think I picked this out just for her. | 她会觉得这是我专门为她买的啊 |
[06:21] | – But you didn’t. – But she’ll think I did | – 但你没有 – 她会这么认为 |
[06:23] | But you didn’t. | 但是你没有 |
[06:24] | You’ll have to sell that one and buy Ronee a new one. | 你必须把这一枚卖掉 然后给Ronee买一枚新戒指 |
[06:26] | Oh, what’s the difference, Niles, come on. Back me up here. | 有什么区别 Niles 拜托了 这事儿你得挺我 |
[06:29] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是来真的吧 |
[06:33] | Oh, geez. | 哦 天呐 |
[06:34] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[06:35] | Back in the vault. | 扔回地下室 |
[06:38] | Some vault! | 什么地下室 |
[06:39] | It’s an old cigar box | 那就是个旧雪茄盒 |
[06:40] | with a bunch of silver dollars and Eddie’s baby teeth. | 装了一把银元和Eddie的乳牙 |
[06:45] | Oh, hey, Roz. What are you doing here? | 哦 嘿 Roz 你在这儿干什么呢 |
[06:46] | Oh, hi. I was just shopping around the corner. Thought I would just stop by. | 嗨 我来这儿买点东西 顺便看看你们 |
[06:49] | Oh, that is unfortunate cause I had a date. | 哦 那真是不巧 我要去约会 |
[06:52] | That’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[06:52] | I have one myself, with Steve. | 我一会儿和Steve有约 |
[06:54] | Oh, yes, your convict friend. | 哦 对了 你的罪犯朋友 |
[06:57] | Do you think that’s wise? | 你觉得这样做明智吗 |
[06:58] | The man made one mistake. | 这男人不过犯了个小错误 |
[07:00] | Besides, I don’t know any guy | 再说了 在我认识的男人里 |
[07:01] | who’s not a little fascinated by fire. | 就没有一个不着迷于火的 |
[07:04] | Yes, he is a felon now knows where you live. | 况且他还是个知道你住处的重罪犯 |
[07:07] | I’m not a total idiot. | 我又不是个傻子 |
[07:10] | Hello? | 喂 |
[07:11] | Oh, yeah, hi, Steve. | 是啊 你好啊 Steve |
[07:12] | I’m grabbing my coat. I’ll be right down. | 我去拿我的外套 我马上就下楼 |
[07:16] | You– | 你不是 |
[07:19] | So, you have a date tonight? | 你今晚有约会啊 |
[07:21] | Yes, yes, actually, | 是啊 实际上 |
[07:22] | Charlotte and I have been out three times this week. | Charlotte和我这周已经约过三次了 |
[07:24] | We have been wine-tasting, beach combing, | 我们去品酒 海滩寻宝 |
[07:26] | and we actually shared a blanket | 还盖了同一张毯子 |
[07:28] | in a horse-drawn carriage. | 在一辆马车里 |
[07:29] | I am taking it as Frank’s off in the mountains again. | Frank一定又去山里面了吧 |
[07:31] | Oh, no. He was there, too. | 哦 不是的 他跟我们一起 |
[07:34] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[07:35] | You mean, it’s been the three of you all week? | 你是说 这一周一直都是你们三个人吗 |
[07:37] | Well, it’s not exactly how I want it, | 是啊 虽然跟我设想的不一样 |
[07:39] | but the more time I spend with them, | 但是我和他们在一起的时间越长 |
[07:40] | the less time they get to spend alone together. | 他们能享受二人世界的时间就越短 |
[07:42] | It doesn’t bother Frank, you tagging along on their dates? | 你一直插手人家的约会不会让Frank心烦吗 |
[07:45] | Frank? No. In fact, he’s quite taken with me. | Frank吗 实际上 他相当喜欢我 |
[07:48] | Doesn’t even occur to him that I might be a rival. | 他从来没有把我当成一个对手来看 |
[07:50] | Galling, yes, but it does give me more time | 虽然不爽 不过这为我争取了更多时间 |
[07:52] | to work my magic on Charlotte. | 增进我和Charlotte之间的感情 |
[07:54] | In another week, you can kiss Frank good-bye. | 再过一周就可以和Frank吻别了 |
[08:01] | Maybe we’ll wait till there’s not a line. | 也许我们应该没人排队的时候再吻 |
[08:04] | Hi, guys. | 嘿 你们好 |
[08:04] | Hello. | 你好 |
[08:06] | Gangsta! | 老伙计 |
[08:07] | What it is! | 这是什么 |
[08:12] | So, what’s going on? I thought we were meeting downtown. | 怎么了 我以为我们约好城里见 |
[08:14] | I know. I’m sorry. But can we stay in tonight? | 我知道 真抱歉 但是我们今晚能不能待在你们家 |
[08:16] | I’ve got to get up early and catch a flight to Chicago | 我必须明早赶飞机去芝加哥 |
[08:18] | for some divorce stuff, | 处理离婚的事 |
[08:20] | and Frank’s beat. | 而且Frank很累 |
[08:22] | Yeah, I was at the beach all day | 是啊 我今天一天都在海滩 |
[08:23] | cataloguing the stomach contents | 给一只死海象的胃内容物 |
[08:24] | of a dead elephant seal. | 进行分类 |
[08:26] | It was like all-you-can-eat down at The Lobster Pot. | 就像在龙虾锅餐厅的自助一样 |
[08:29] | I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[08:30] | The collapse of our coastal fisheries is no joke. | 海岸线渔业的崩溃真不是闹着玩的 |
[08:34] | I’m just punchy. | 我被震惊了 |
[08:36] | We brought some movies. | 我们带了点碟片 |
[08:37] | We couldn’t agree on which one to watch, | 我们不能在看哪部电影上达成一致 |
[08:38] | so you break the tie. | 所以你来选吧 |
[08:43] | Well… | 那么 |
[08:45] | “The Perfect Storm… “ | <完美风暴> |
[08:47] | or”When Harry Met Sally. “ | 还是<当哈利遇见莎莉> |
[08:51] | I guess I’m going to have to go for When Harry Met Sally. | 我要选择<当哈利遇见莎莉> |
[08:52] | Yes! He’ll have what I’m having! | 太棒了 我就知道他和我想的一样 |
[09:04] | Oh, hi! Hey. | 哦 你好 |
[09:05] | – We keep passing each other. – Yeah. | – 我们总是错过 – 是啊 |
[09:08] | We have some dessert here, if you want to stay. | 我们带了一些甜点 要是你想小坐一会儿 |
[09:09] | Oh, no thanks. I’ve got to catch an early flight, | 不了 谢谢 我还要赶早班飞机 |
[09:11] | But tell Frasier I’ll call him. | 但请转告Frasier我会打电话给他 |
[09:13] | Sure. Bye. | 没问题 再见 |
[09:14] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[09:16] | Do I know her? | 我认识她吗 |
[09:17] | Yeah, she’s the woman Frasier’s been after. | 她就是Frasier一直在追的那个人 |
[09:19] | She has a boyfriend already, but maybe something happened. | 她已经有男朋友了 但也许发生了什么事情吧 |
[09:22] | I’ll say! You don’t get that hairstyle sitting up. | 我也觉得 光是坐着不动你的发型不可能那么乱 |
[09:31] | Aw, geez. | 哦 天呐 |
[09:33] | Well… | 那个 |
[09:35] | so long as he’s happy. | 只要他开心就好 |
[09:46] | Oh, hi, guys. | 哦 大家好 |
[09:46] | – Hey, Dad. – Hey, Daphne, Niles. | – 嘿 老爸 – 嘿 Daphen Niles |
[09:49] | Listen, the opera tickets are right there by the phone. | 歌剧票就放在电话旁边了 |
[09:51] | Wish I could use them myself. | 真希望我能自己去 |
[09:53] | Well, if you’d gotten a third, | 要是你能拿到第三张票 |
[09:54] | you could take that couple you’ve been dating. | 就可以带你一直约的那对情侣去了 |
[10:01] | Yes, that’s very droll. | 是啊 真好笑 |
[10:02] | Frank injured himself on our hike, | Frank在登山的时候受伤了 |
[10:05] | so I’ve got Charlotte all to myself this evening. | 所以今天晚上我可以独占Charlotte了 |
[10:07] | I’m not going to waste this opportunity. | 我才不会浪费这次机会 |
[10:09] | I’m going to make her a romantic dinner | 我要给她做一顿浪漫的晚餐 |
[10:10] | and then tell her how I feel about her. | 然后向她表露心意 |
[10:11] | Wow, really? | 哦 真的吗 |
[10:12] | Are, are you sure she’s ready for that? | 你确定 确定她已经准备好了吗 |
[10:14] | Well, I don’t know, but I can’t stand | 哦 我不知道 但是我再也不能接受 |
[10:16] | this ridiculous threesome anymore. | 这荒唐的三人行了 |
[10:17] | You know, the worst part is how completely unthreatening | 最糟糕的是 Frank完全不把我当作威胁 |
[10:19] | Frank finds me, as if I’m some sort of a harem eunuch. | 他认为 我就像是后宫里面的太监一样 |
[10:24] | How’d he hurt himself, anyway? | 他是怎么受伤的 |
[10:25] | Well, he strained his back carrying me over a brook. | 哦 他在背着我过小溪的时候拉伤了后背 |
[10:29] | You wounded him, and you’re stealing hi s woman in the same day? | 你弄伤了他 同一天内还要夺走他的女人 |
[10:32] | Well, I didn’t ask the man to carry me. | 又不是我求他背我的 |
[10:34] | He simply hoisted me over his shoulder | 他就一把把我抗上了肩膀 |
[10:36] | before I could stop him. | 我都没来得及阻止他 |
[10:37] | That’s not something you get used to, | 这又不是你可以习惯的事 |
[10:38] | no matter how many times it happens. | 不管它发生多少次 |
[10:40] | Don’t you worry about it. You just do what you gotta do. | 别担心了 做你想做的事情吧 |
[10:42] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 老爸 |
[10:44] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运吧 |
[10:46] | I’m making her beef bourguigno from a new recipe. | 我要按照一个新菜谱给她做红酒炖牛肉 |
[10:48] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[10:48] | Flour the beef. | 记得给牛肉挂浆 |
[10:56] | Mm, you’re looking very sharp. | 你看上去很帅气 |
[10:57] | Oh, I got the new ring. | 哦 我拿到新戒指了 |
[10:59] | Oh, let’s have a look. | 快让我们看看 |
[11:00] | I sold the old one | 我卖了旧的 |
[11:01] | and got this new one this morning. | 今天早上买了这枚新的 |
[11:03] | Oh. Dad, it’s huge. | 老爸 这真大 |
[11:06] | Oh, it’s beautiful, Martin. | 真漂亮 Martin |
[11:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:09] | – Hi. – Hey. | – 你们好 – 好啊 |
[11:10] | What’s going on? | 聊什么呢 |
[11:11] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[11:13] | Oh, you look lovely tonight. | 你今天看上去真可爱 |
[11:15] | But, you know, I think | 但我觉得 |
[11:17] | your hand is kind of underdressed. | 你的手上的装饰看上去不够 |
[11:21] | Oh, my God! | 哦 天呐 |
[11:23] | Marty, it’s gorgeous. | Marty 这太美了 |
[11:25] | Oh, I love it, and I love you. | 我爱这戒指 也爱你 |
[11:27] | In that order. | 爱它更多 |
[11:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:30] | Listen, I’ve got to go wash my hands. | 我得去洗手 |
[11:32] | I was eating Cheetos all the way over. | 来的时候我一直在吃奇多 |
[11:34] | I love this lady. | 我爱这个女人 |
[11:37] | Oh, let’s have a look. It’s brilliant. | 我看看 真是太棒了 |
[11:41] | Oh, you had it inscribed. | 你在戒指上刻字了 |
[11:44] | I did? | 有吗 |
[11:46] | “Lil Q-Pid. Till def do us part. “ | “Lil Q-Pid 至屎不渝” |
[11:51] | What is that? | 什么意思 |
[11:52] | What? Let me see that. | 什么 让我看看 |
[11:54] | Isn’t Lil Q-Pid that obese rapper? | Lil Q-Pid不是那个胖子说唱歌手吗 |
[11:59] | The one they arrested for drugs. | 那个因为毒品被逮捕的家伙 |
[12:01] | Where did you get this ring? | 你从哪里买的戒指 |
[12:02] | At an auction. | 拍卖会 |
[12:05] | A police auction. | 警察拍卖会 |
[12:08] | You can’t give that to her. | 你不能把这个送给她 |
[12:09] | Well, I can’t take it back. She loves it. | 但是我不能收回来了啊 她喜欢这戒指 |
[12:11] | What are you gonna tell her? | 那你要怎样跟她解释 |
[12:12] | Well, just relax, I’ll handle it. | 别紧张 我来处理 |
[12:15] | Well, there’s my lil cupid. | 这不是我的小丘比特吗 |
[12:20] | All beautiful and clean. | 干净又整洁 |
[12:22] | All you need is a bow and arrow, lil cupid. | 你再拿一副弓箭就更像了 小丘比特 |
[12:28] | Why are you calling me that? | 你为什么要这样称呼我 |
[12:29] | Well, I always call you that. | 怎么了 我一直这么称呼你啊 |
[12:30] | No, no, you don’t. | 不是的 你没有 |
[12:31] | Oh, well, maybe I mostly say it when you’re not around | 哦 也许因为我这样叫的时候你都不在身边吧 |
[12:35] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[12:36] | It’s always “Lil cupid said this” | 他总说”小丘比特这样说” |
[12:39] | or “Lil cupid did that. “ | 或者”小丘比特这样做” |
[12:42] | It looks beautiful on you. | 戴在你手上真好看 |
[12:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:44] | Now promise me you’ll never take it off, lil cupid. | 答应我你永远也不会把它摘下来 小丘比特 |
[12:47] | Okay, okay, I promise, | 好吧 好吧 我答应你 |
[12:48] | if you’ll stop calling me that. | 只要你不再这么叫我 |
[12:49] | Deal. | 成交 |
[12:51] | I’m going to go look at this in the mirror. | 我要对着镜子好好看一看 |
[12:58] | How did you get it to fit her? | 你怎么知道她的尺寸的 |
[12:59] | Lil Q-Pid’s as big as a house. | Lil Q-Pid的手胖的像一栋房子似的 |
[13:01] | Keep your voice down. | 你小点声 |
[13:03] | It was a toe ring. | 这是个脚环 |
[13:12] | Here we are, beef bourguignon | 做好了 红酒炖牛肉 |
[13:14] | with sauted fiddlehead ferns, | 配炒蕨菜 |
[13:17] | and walnut chutney. | 核桃甜酸酱 |
[13:18] | It’s my own recipe. | 独门菜谱 |
[13:19] | It’s exactly what I need after the day I’ve had. | 这正是经历了这样一天的我所需要的 |
[13:22] | Well, maybe I could give you a neck rub while it cools. | 也许在等菜稍微凉一凉的功夫 我可以给你做颈部按摩 |
[13:25] | Oh, Oh, you are the best. | 哦 你最好了 |
[13:29] | You know, I am so sorry that you have to put up with | 我真抱歉你要忍受 |
[13:30] | All this business with me and Frank. | Frank和我之间的这些事情 |
[13:33] | What business? | 什么事情 |
[13:34] | Well, you know. | 你懂的 |
[13:35] | Just all this tension between us. | 我们之间很紧张 |
[13:38] | There’s tension? | 很紧张吗 |
[13:40] | He’s a great guy. | 他是个好人 |
[13:42] | We just seem to be… | 我们似乎 |
[13:45] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[13:46] | Fighting? Growing apart? Not clicking? | 争吵 渐行渐远 没感觉了 |
[13:50] | Charlotte Charlotte? | |
[13:51] | Oh, gosh, I’m sorry. | 天呐 真抱歉 |
[13:53] | It’s my watch. It’s caught. | 我的手表夹住了 |
[13:54] | Here… | 给 |
[14:00] | Should have known. | 我早就应该知道 |
[14:01] | The minute I’m laid up, | 我一病倒 |
[14:02] | you’re over here making my lady dinner. | 你就赶来给我女朋友做晚饭来了 |
[14:05] | You’re true blue, buddy. | 你真是我的好朋友 |
[14:08] | Hi, baby. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[14:09] | Hello, Frank. | 嗨 Frank |
[14:13] | Walnut chutney. That’s daring. | 核桃酸甜酱 你真是太好了 |
[14:16] | Were you giving her a backrub? | 你有没有给她做后背按摩 |
[14:18] | Was I? | 我有吗 |
[14:19] | Well, yes, yes, I suppose I was. | 我想是的 |
[14:20] | Would you mind doing me? | 你介意不介意帮我按摩一下 |
[14:23] | I took an aspirin after our hike, | 登山之后我吃了一片止疼片 |
[14:24] | but my neck’s stilI a little tight. | 但是我的脖子还是有点紧 |
[14:28] | So tell me all about Chicago. | 跟我讲一讲芝加哥吧 |
[14:29] | How was it? | 怎么样 |
[14:30] | I’ll tell you later. | 我晚些讲给你 |
[14:31] | Oh, that’s nice. | 哦 真舒服啊 |
[14:34] | Frasier, stop rubbing his neck. | Frasier 别给他按摩了 |
[14:35] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[14:37] | Why can’t he rub my neck? | 为什么他不能给我按摩 |
[14:38] | Because when you came in, | 因为在你进来之前 |
[14:39] | we were just sitting down to dinner. | 我们本来要坐下吃饭的 |
[14:41] | You could have called first. | 你可以先打个电话说一声 |
[14:43] | Well, I didn’t know I needed to get clearance. Geez. | 我不知道我还要先拿到通行证 天呐 |
[14:45] | You’re as touchy as a Hermit Thrush. | 你就跟隐士夜鸫一样敏感 |
[14:47] | This is typical of you. | 真是太有你的作风了 |
[14:48] | You come in here, | 你闯过来 |
[14:49] | you expect me to change my plans | 就因为你正好闲下来了 |
[14:51] | because you’re suddenly available. | 希望我为你改变计划 |
[14:52] | It’s insensitive. | 你真是太不体贴了 |
[14:53] | Oh, I’m insensitive? | 我不体贴吗 |
[14:54] | I’ve been tracking a pod of humpback whales for a week, | 我整整一周都在追踪一群座头鲸 |
[14:56] | and they’ve been talking their asses off, | 它们都聊个不停 |
[14:57] | but have you once asked me what Bonnie has to say? | 而你一次都没有问过我Bonnie说了什么 |
[14:59] | Or Robert or Grace? | 或者Robert或者Grace |
[15:01] | They’re whales! | 它们是鲸鱼啊 |
[15:01] | They’re my friends! | 它们是我的朋友啊 |
[15:05] | Stop yelling. | 别喊了 |
[15:06] | Look, you’re upsetting Frasier. | 你看 你让Frasier不高兴了 |
[15:07] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[15:08] | I came in, kissed you hello, and you jumped down my throat. | 我进来跟你打招呼 你就开始对我发火 |
[15:10] | What is your problem? | 你有什么问题吗 |
[15:11] | You are driving me crazy. | 你真是让我抓狂 |
[15:14] | Do you believe her? | 你能相信她这个样子吗 |
[15:14] | Don’t you drag him into this. | 你别把他扯进来 |
[15:16] | You know what? I can’t deal with this tonight. | 你知道吗 今晚我不想再处理这件事了 |
[15:17] | When can you deal with it? | 那你什么时候才会处理呢 |
[15:18] | I’ll call ahead and make an appointment. | 下次我会先打电话预约 |
[15:19] | I think you should leave. | 我觉得你应该离开了 |
[15:20] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:21] | Come on, Frasier. Let’s go. | 来吧 Frasier 我们走 |
[15:26] | Times like this, a guy really needs his buddy. | 在这样的时刻 一个男人需要他的伙伴 |
[15:39] | Mm… | 嗯 |
[15:42] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[15:46] | Just wanted to see how you’re doing. | 我就是想看看你怎么样了 |
[15:48] | Tip-top. | 好极了 |
[15:51] | How’s your friend? | 你朋友呢 |
[15:54] | He went some place dark. | 他去了一个阴暗的地方 |
[15:56] | I couldn’t follow. | 我不能跟着他去 |
[15:59] | Him and his moods. | 他和他的心情吗 |
[16:01] | No, no, he climbed some kind of pine tree. | 不 不 他去爬什么松树了 |
[16:05] | Look, I’m sorry about all that. | 刚才很抱歉 |
[16:08] | I think this is it for Frank and me. | 我觉得我和Frank到此结束了 |
[16:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:13] | It’s just not working. | 就是行不通 |
[16:14] | I think I was always attracted | 我觉得比起他本身 |
[16:16] | to the idea of him more than… him. | 更让我着迷的是他的那些念头 |
[16:25] | This may seem inappropriate, | 虽然现在有点不合时宜 |
[16:28] | but I’m not entirely sad to hear you say that. | 但听见你这么说我不觉得难过 |
[16:32] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[16:35] | I would think my feelings were obvious by now, | 在我们共处的这段时间里 |
[16:38] | all the time we’ve been spending together. | 我以为我的感情应该已经明了了 |
[16:39] | I just thought it was because | 我一直都觉得是因为 |
[16:41] | you were hitting it off with Frank. | 你和Frank聊得很投机啊 |
[16:43] | Are you kidding? | 你在逗我吗 |
[16:44] | The man smells like a chum boat. | 他闻起来就像一艘钓鱼艇 |
[16:47] | You, you’re the one I wanted to be with. | 我是想和你在一起 |
[16:54] | Look, um… | 那个 |
[16:56] | I realize you’re in a vulnerable state, | 我意识到你现在的状态很脆弱 |
[16:58] | and you probably need some time to process this, | 可能需要一些时间来消化 |
[17:00] | So I’ll just, uh… | 那我就先 |
[17:01] | Don’t go. | 别走 |
[17:04] | I’ve been thinking a little about you, too. | 我也曾经对你有过一点点想法 |
[17:08] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:17] | Well, then… | 那么 我们 |
[17:33] | Oh, God, I’m uncomfortable. | 天呐 这太不舒服了 |
[17:34] | I’m sorry. I’m rushing things. | 对不起 是我太心急了 |
[17:35] | No, no, I’m just… | 不 不 |
[17:36] | I’m laying on a wine bottle. | 我刚才躺在酒瓶上了 |
[17:50] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[17:54] | Oh, dear God. | 我的天呐 |
[17:55] | Please tell me nothing happened last night. | 快告诉我昨天晚上什么都没发生 |
[17:59] | I’m kidding. I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 开玩笑 |
[18:06] | I’m glad you stayed. | 我真高兴你留宿了 |
[18:07] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[18:10] | Hey, guys. | 你们早啊 |
[18:18] | You’re in my robe. | 你穿着我的浴袍 |
[18:20] | I guess you got caught in the rain, too, huh? | 我猜你也被大雨困住了 是吧 |
[18:23] | Yes, I did. | 是啊 |
[18:26] | What happened to your hand? | 你的手怎么了 |
[18:29] | I was so mad last night, I… | 我昨天晚上太生气了 |
[18:32] | I punched a raccoon. | 我打了一只浣熊 |
[18:34] | God, I’m a bastard. | 天呐 我真是个混蛋 |
[18:36] | You’re a good guy to come check on her. | 你能回来关心她真是太好了 |
[18:39] | I never understand why women don’t like you. | 我一直都想不通为什么女人不喜欢你 |
[18:44] | Can we talk? | 借个地方说话 |
[18:45] | Yeah, I think that’s a good idea. | 好的 我觉得这是个好主意 |
[18:48] | Uh, my clothes should be dry by now. | 我的衣服现在应该已经干了 |
[18:55] | So what’s going on with us? | 我们之间怎么了 |
[18:56] | Oh, come on, Frank. | 哦 行了 Frank |
[19:01] | I think you know it’s not working. | 你知道这一切是行不通的 |
[19:04] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:05] | And, anyway, there is something else you should know. | 顺便说一句 还有些其他的事情 |
[19:10] | When I was in Chicago, | 当我在芝加哥的时候 |
[19:12] | my ex told me he’s moving to New York. | 我的前夫说他要搬到纽约去 |
[19:15] | So I bought the old business from him. | 所以我把公司从他手里买回来了 |
[19:19] | I’m moving back home. | 我要搬回去了 |
[19:21] | Oh, You are sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[19:25] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:27] | I mean, I know Chicago. | 我了解芝加哥 |
[19:29] | I have friends there. | 我有朋友在那里 |
[19:30] | Seattle just hasn’t panned out for me. | 西雅图不适合我 |
[19:32] | I thought you should be the first to know. | 我认为应该第一个告诉你 |
[19:35] | Well, I know you’ll do great. | 我知道你会做的很好的 |
[19:40] | So will you. | 你也一样 |
[19:41] | Ah… | 那个 |
[19:43] | Uh, I should be going. | 我应该走了 |
[19:45] | That’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[19:46] | You stay. I’m going. | 你留下 我走 |
[19:51] | You know this isn’t your fault, right, partner? | 你知道这不是你的错误 对吧 伙伴 |
[19:57] | You be good, buddy. | 保重啊 朋友 |
[20:05] | I know I should feel sad for Frank, | 我知道我应该为Frank感到难过 |
[20:08] | but I can’t help feeling happy. | 但我就是控制不住感到高兴 |
[20:10] | Frasier, I… | Frasier 我 |
[20:13] | Listen, I’m late for about three things, | 听着 我已经迟了 |
[20:15] | so can I see you later this afternoon? | 我能不能今天下午跟你见面 |
[20:17] | Maybe after my show? | 等我节目结束 |
[20:18] | Okay. After your show. | 好的 等你结束 |
[20:20] | Perfect. | 太好了 |
[20:21] | Uh, look, I hate to jinx this, but… | 听着 虽然我不想破坏这一切 但是 |
[20:27] | but I am so happy about what happened. | 但是我对发生一切感到很开心 |