时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | There’s no wonder there’s a recession on | 难怪现在经济会这么不景气 |
[00:12] | if all these companies are just giving away so many pens. | 这里所有的公司都只是在派笔似的 |
[00:14] | I think you’re only meant to take one. | 我以为你只是要拿一支笔 |
[00:16] | Yeah, Kingsley, | 对 金斯利 |
[00:17] | let’s all take one of things, like good little communists. | 那就像个高尚的共产党员般每样东西只拿一个 |
[00:19] | Sorry, I forgot we’re living in Cuba. | 真对不起 我忘了我们住在古巴 |
[00:21] | Where next, Howard? | 霍华德 接著去哪? |
[00:23] | Howard, what are you doing? | 霍华德 你在干嘛? |
[00:25] | I’ve got blood on my sleeve. | 我袖口沾到血了 |
[00:26] | I don’t want BP to see it. | 我不想被BP的人看到 |
[00:26] | BP: 英国石油公司 | |
[00:27] | We’re not talking to BP. | 我们没说要去BP的摊位 |
[00:29] | Not after they did that massive oily shit all over the Gulf of Mexico. | 何况他们还搞出个墨西哥湾石油污染的破事 |
[00:32] | Yeah, but Kings, in their defence, | 是的 金 但是根据他们的辩护 |
[00:34] | that was miles away. | 那是十万八千里外的事 |
[00:35] | And they’re giving away free… | 而且他们还派发免费的… |
[00:37] | Howard? | 霍华德 他们发的啥? |
[00:38] | Mouse mats. | 鼠标垫 |
[00:39] | Oh, well then. If you’ll excuse me, | 哦 好吧 如果你不介意 |
[00:41] | this cat is going to gets his paws on the mouse… | 喵星人就要将魔爪伸向鼠… |
[00:44] | mats. | 标垫了 |
[00:48] | Fine. Come on then. Let’s meet the Fockers. | 好吧 那就去见见刁钻的家伙吧 |
[00:51] | And behave yourself, OK? | 表现好一点 知道不? |
[00:52] | Some of these guys may well want a piece of me. | 或许他们有些人想好好了解一下我呢 |
[00:55] | They kill the planet. Someone’s got to tell them. | 他们在扼杀地球 总要有人告诉他们这事实 |
[00:57] | Someone is telling them. His name is Sting. | 有人在告诉他们了 他叫斯汀 |
[00:59] | Anyway, it’s America’s fault. | 反正那都是美国的错 |
[01:01] | If the Yanks are actually upset about the Gulf of Mexico, | 要是美国佬真心不爽墨西哥湾事件 |
[01:04] | they should start cycling. | 他们就该骑单车出行 |
[01:12] | 麦德洛克大学 学生招聘会 找到理想工作 | |
[01:53] | Nobody called or anything, so I tidied up. | 没人打电话进来 我就稍微收拾了一下 |
[01:57] | I also defragged the hard-drive. | 我也清理了硬盘文件 |
[01:59] | I also did an aerial map of the office. | 一不小心还画了张办公室平面图 |
[02:01] | Oh. | 哦 |
[02:03] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[02:05] | Why did you do that? | 你干嘛画这个? |
[02:08] | Nobody called. | 因为没人打电话来 |
[02:09] | Where’s this stuff going, Jee? | 珍 这东西该摆哪? |
[02:12] | Oh, er, just pop it on my desk, Deh. | 德里克 就放我桌子上就可以了 |
[02:14] | Oregon, this is Derek. | 俄勒冈 这是德里克 |
[02:16] | He’s going to be working with us from now on. | 从现在开始 他会和我们一起工作 |
[02:18] | Hi. | 你好 |
[02:22] | I was sitting there. | 那是我的位子 |
[02:24] | I’m hot-desking. | 现在轮到我坐了 |
[02:26] | Any chance of a cup of tea? | 有人帮我泡杯茶吗? |
[02:28] | Oooh, I’d murder a cup of tea. | 真不好办 我随时会打翻茶杯的 |
[02:31] | So could I. | 我也会 |
[02:35] | So I guess I’ll just make some. | 我想还是我来泡点茶吧 |
[02:36] | I brought my own mug. | 我给自己买了个马克杯 |
[02:42] | And there’s the BP summer internship scheme | 我们为那些特别优秀的学生开展了一个 |
[02:44] | for particularly promising students. | 英国石油公司夏季实习计划 |
[02:46] | I’m particularly promising. | 我就是那种特优秀的学生 |
[02:48] | Well, I can give you a form if you want? | 有需要的话 我可以给你一份表格 |
[02:50] | Yes, please. | 好的 |
[02:58] | Thanks. What’s the green form? | 谢谢 那种绿色的表格是什么? |
[02:59] | Can I have a green form? | 我可以拿一份吗? |
[03:07] | It says there’s an application pack. | 这里说有一个应用程序包的 |
[03:09] | Can I have one, please? | 请问我可以要一个吗? |
[03:10] | Yeah, we like to let people read about the internship before… | 是的 我们希望人们先看完实习的材料再 |
[03:12] | Can I have one, please? | 请问我可以拿一个吗? |
[03:30] | OK. I get it. | 好的 我明白了 |
[03:32] | You ask for stuff while he steals the mouse mats. | 你们一个询问资料 一个趁机偷鼠标垫 |
[03:34] | No! I want a pack. I do. | 不是! 我是真想要程序包 真的 |
[03:36] | I mean, he is stealing mouse mats, but… | 我是说 他是在偷鼠标垫 但是… |
[03:38] | I’m not stealing anything, they’re free. | 我可没有偷东西 这些都是免费的啊 |
[03:41] | I’m not a part of this. | 我和他不是一伙儿的 |
[03:42] | I’ve got a built in mouse-pad on my laptop. | 我的笔记本电脑有内置鼠标垫 |
[03:44] | I don’t need a mouse mat. | 我才不要鼠标垫呢 |
[03:45] | Er, any chance of a photo? | 呃 可以拍张照吗? |
[03:46] | I’ll be in a photo. | 就拍我吧 |
[03:49] | Wait, what’s that? | 等等 那是什么? |
[03:51] | Oh, that’s not my blood. | 哦 这不是我的血 |
[03:53] | I work in an abattoir. | 我在屠宰场工作 |
[03:55] | This is a cable knit jumper, it just sucks it up like Weetabix. | 这件针织毛衣像吸维他麦一样沾了点小血迹 |
[03:59] | Yeah, not this guy. | 可以 但别拍这家伙 |
[04:00] | He’s too on message for a Geology student. | 他的形象会给地质学专业的学生带来负面影响 |
[04:03] | Take him away, would you? | 麻烦把他带走吧 |
[04:05] | No, no, no please! | 不 不 不 别这样! |
[04:08] | Sure. Come on. | 好的 走吧 |
[04:09] | This guy’s good. Let’s have a photo with this one. | 这家伙不错 帮我和他拍张照吧 |
[04:12] | Me? | 我吗? |
[04:13] | Yeah, come on. | 是的 来吧 |
[04:14] | So, you’re interested in working for BP? | 你有兴趣到BP工作吗? |
[04:17] | Um, not really. | 呃 没多大兴趣 |
[04:19] | Don’t believe all that stuff you read. | 不要尽信你读过的东西 |
[04:20] | Not everything wrong with the world is our fault. | 这世界上发生的破事不一定都是我们的错 |
[04:23] | Yeah, I know. Some of it’s Shell. | 是啊 我知道 有些是壳牌公司的错 |
[04:24] | Hmm, exactly! | 嗯 没错! |
[04:26] | Anyway, if the Americans are really upset about the effects | 总之 要是美国人真的不爽深海钻井的影响 |
[04:28] | of deep water drilling, they should start cycling. | 他们应该自己骑车出行才是 |
[04:31] | What did you say your name was? | 你叫什么名字? |
[04:33] | Kingsley. | 金斯利 |
[04:34] | Macauley. We have similar names. | 我叫麦考利 我俩名字挺像的 |
[04:38] | Mm. Yeah, sort of… | 唔 是的 有那么一丁点儿吧… |
[04:50] | Of course it’s not an arm. | 这当然不是谁的手臂 |
[04:53] | It looks very arm-y, though. | 虽然真的挺像手臂的 |
[04:54] | Which bit of the abattoir is this from, Howard? | 霍华德 这个屠宰场的材料是哪儿来的? |
[04:56] | The animal bit or the industrial accidents area? | 是动物身上哪部分呢还是工业事故区淘的? |
[04:59] | Leg, yes. | 有可能是腿 |
[05:02] | Wing, yes. | 有可能是翅膀 |
[05:04] | Arm, a limb too far, my friend. | 不太像是手臂啊 亲 |
[05:07] | I won’t eat something that could punch me. | 我可不想吃那些毁我三观的东西 |
[05:09] | It’s 100% probably not an arm. | 这100%不是手臂 |
[05:14] | Oregon, is that you? | 俄勒冈 是你吗? |
[05:16] | No, it’s us, we’re home! | 不 是我们 我们到家了! |
[05:17] | What does she mean home? She doesn’t fucking live here. | 她说到家是什么意思? 尼玛她又不住这里 |
[05:22] | Hey, where were you? | 嘿 你们去哪了? |
[05:23] | Just at the Union. | 去了社团那边 |
[05:25] | Yeah, I was talking to Heather. | 是的 我在和希瑟说话 |
[05:27] | We were going to go for a run at seven? | 我们七点钟还去跑步吗? |
[05:28] | Yeah, me and Kingsley went for a quick drink because… | 是的 我和金斯利去喝了点小酒 因为… |
[05:31] | Tuesday’s my night, Kingsley! | 金斯利 周二是我的! |
[05:32] | You know the rota. | 你知道轮值表上是这样的 |
[05:33] | If you want to see Heather, you wait till Wednesday. | 要是想见希瑟 你得等到周三 |
[05:35] | Erm, well, it couldn’t be helped, we had some good news. | 呃 好吧 没有办法 我们要宣布些好消息 |
[05:38] | Are you pregnant? If so, get rid. Seriously. | 怀孕了? 那就堕胎吧 真心的提醒你 |
[05:41] | Don’t even flinch. Just, get rid. | 不要犹豫 去堕胎吧 |
[05:43] | No. God, no. No. | 不 天啊 不是 不是 |
[05:46] | Just, I’ve been invited to some BP drinks thing at the end of the week. | 就只是我这周末被邀请去BP的一个酒会而已 |
[05:50] | What! How? Like what “thing”? | 什么? 怎么会? 那是干嘛的? |
[05:55] | It’s called, Students to Watch. | 那叫”学生参观会” |
[05:57] | It’s no big deal, although they only select 15 students | 不是什么大事 尽管他们只邀请从全国挑选的 |
[06:00] | from the entire country or something. | 十五个学生之类的 |
[06:01] | Oh, he’s getting all excited about it. | 你们不知道 他因为这事超级激动的 |
[06:05] | I’m not, I’m, whatever, | 我没有 我只是 |
[06:06] | maybe I’ll go, maybe I won’t. | 反正我可能会去 也可能不去 |
[06:07] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢? |
[06:08] | Well, presumably you know. | 可能你知道 |
[06:09] | BP? Are you serious? | BP? 真的吗? |
[06:12] | I had a photo taken with a guy and we got talking. | 我和个男的拍了张照 然后两个人谈了一下 |
[06:15] | And now you’re in the club. | 然后你就加入他们了 |
[06:16] | Oooh, now you get to go round killing seabirds | 那你现在要到处去毒害那些海鸟了 |
[06:18] | and putting bets on which Chinese kids | 还把账算在那些中国小孩 |
[06:20] | are going to die first in the sweat shops. | 喜欢得要命的糖果店头上 |
[06:22] | I don’t think BP have sweat shops so much as petrol stations, but… | 我想BP的糖果店没他们加油站那么多吧 |
[06:26] | It’s the same machine. | 但都是一样运作方式 |
[06:27] | BP, Tesco’s, Millets, all of ’em, Lush. | BP 乐购 觅乐 它们全都是一样 |
[06:29] | You can dress that shit up until it looks all sweet and lovely, | 你可以把那破玩意儿美化得贴心有爱 |
[06:32] | but you can’t stop it stinking. | 但你阻止不了它的臭名远扬 |
[06:34] | Yeah. I agree with that. Strongly. | 是的 我强烈同意这一点 |
[06:37] | With what? None of us know what she’s talking about. | 同意啥? 我们没人知道她在说什么 |
[06:40] | She’s basically just saying that you’re now nothing | 她主要就是说你现在 |
[06:42] | but a puppet for the man. | 只是那个男人的傀儡而已 |
[06:44] | Exactly. | 就是 |
[06:46] | Which man is this? | 哪个男人? |
[06:47] | The man… | 就是那个… |
[06:49] | The man who runs… the whole thing. | 那个在背后操作…这一切的男人 |
[06:53] | The BP CEO is called Bob Dudley. | BP的总裁叫鲍勃·达德利 |
[06:57] | Not him. | 不是他 |
[06:58] | We’re talking about the guy behind the guy. | 我们在说的是那个在幕后的人 |
[07:01] | You know, the guy you don’t see. | 就是你们看不见的人 |
[07:02] | Right. You mean Executive Director Iain Conn, | 对 你是说执行董事伊恩·康恩吗? |
[07:05] | then? | 然后呢? |
[07:05] | Why are BP even interested in you, Kings? | 金 为什么BP会对你感兴趣? |
[07:08] | Is it some sort of affirmative action thing because you’re poor? | 这算是对你的贫穷表示同情的关怀行为吗? |
[07:11] | I don’t know, OK, but they are. | 我不知道 好吧 他们就是这样的 |
[07:13] | Now let’s just all eat some… | 现在来吃点… |
[07:17] | Is that an arm? | 那是人的手臂吗? |
[07:18] | Would you like some oil on it, Kingsley? | 金斯利 你要往上面浇点油吗? |
[07:21] | Seeing as you love oil so much. | 因为你看起来这么爱油 |
[07:22] | Seeing as you love covering animals in oil. | 看起来你这么爱把动物身浸在油里 |
[07:26] | That’s a waste because that’s extra virgin… | 这真的很浪费 这可是特级初榨橄榄油啊 |
[07:27] | You’re extra virgin, | 你才是特级初榨的 |
[07:28] | you virgin-until-really-recently dickhead! | 你这个最近才刚榨出来的猪脑袋 |
[07:30] | Cool. Well, this has gone really well. | 酷 好吧 这事发展真顺利 |
[07:37] | You OK? | 你还好吗? |
[07:39] | Yeah, I’m fucking fab. | 是的 我他妈的好极了 |
[07:41] | So, are we going for a run or not? | 现在我们要去跑步吗? |
[07:43] | Well, it’s night time, and my arm’s still a bit sore from… | 现在很晚了 而且我的手还是有点不方便 |
[07:48] | OK, God, look! I am sorry that I broke your arm! | 好吧 天啊 听著! 我很抱歉弄伤你的手 |
[07:51] | But Jesus! Can we please get over it! | 但老天啊! 这事能不能别再提了! |
[07:58] | I didn’t mean it like that. | 我不是这意思 |
[07:59] | Sabine! | 萨宾娜! |
[08:01] | Oregon’s not home so you can have her… | 俄勒冈还没回家 你可以先吃她的那份… |
[08:03] | – arm! – It may well not be an arm! | – 手臂! – 这才不是手臂呢! |
[08:06] | Where is Oregon, anyway? | 话说 俄勒冈呢? |
[08:18] | Hi, Jee. | 嘿 珍 |
[08:20] | Yeah, I’m still here. | 是的 我还在 |
[08:22] | Tell her I’m still here. | 告诉她我也在 |
[08:25] | Just in case any emails come in from the States or… Exactly. | 以防有什么美国那边的邮件发过来或者 没错 |
[08:28] | Tell her I’m here. | 告诉她我还在 |
[08:29] | OK. Yeah. Will do. OK, thanks. Bye. | 好 是的 没问题 谢谢 拜 |
[08:32] | Jee, Jean. Hi, hi. It’s Oregon, yeah. I’m also still here. | 珍 珍 嗨 我是俄勒冈 是的 我也还在 |
[08:43] | Is that OK? | 那样行吗? |
[08:45] | Yeah, just the Tea Tree shower gel makes it go all tingly. | 可以 只要用茶树沐浴露一直刺激它 |
[08:56] | “Too on message for a Geology student.” | “给地质学专业的学生带来负面影响” |
[08:59] | That’s what the BP guy said. | 这是BP的那家伙说的 |
[09:01] | Too on message. What does that mean? | 带来负面影响 他什么意思? |
[09:04] | I think what he’s saying is that you don’t really lay down a great vibe. | 我想他是在说你的气场太过骚动了 |
[09:08] | Well, no, I’m deliberately vibeless. I’m the minister without vibe. | 不 我这人绝对没啥气场 我是没气场帝 |
[09:12] | Look, everyone’s got a vibe, Howard. | 听著 霍华德 每个人都有自己的气场 |
[09:15] | You know, yours is the whole NHS specs, | 你的气场体现在这副禁欲者眼镜 |
[09:17] | chronic masturbator, | 和习惯性手淫者长相上了 |
[09:19] | Lord of the Rings fan vibe. | 还有种魔戒疯狂粉丝的范儿 |
[09:21] | But I don’t even like Lord of the Rings! | 但我一点也不喜欢魔戒! |
[09:23] | Look, don’t sweat it, How. | 小霍 别想这么多了 |
[09:25] | We don’t even need these BP goons to vibe with us | 我们是特立独行之人 |
[09:27] | because we’re mavericks. | 不用那些BP的呆子对我们评头论足的 |
[09:30] | We’ll make our money by inventing something | 我们要自己赚钱 搞点小发明 |
[09:33] | or money laundering, whatever. | 或者洗洗钱什么的 |
[09:35] | It’s just I get excellent exam results | 我考试成绩优秀 |
[09:37] | and a robust reference from the abattoir, | 屠宰场也有很多人给我写推荐信 |
[09:39] | but I lose out to the guy | 但是我输给了那个 |
[09:41] | with the better haircut and less memorable handshake. | 发型好点 握手方式没啥特点的家伙 |
[09:44] | Why? What’s your handshake? | 为什么? 你是怎么握手的? |
[09:51] | Yeah, stop doing that. | 好吧 以后别这样了 |
[09:59] | This is bonkers! | 这是疯了! |
[10:00] | BP give all management a Toyota Avensis | BP给所有管理人员配了丰田爱文奇思 |
[10:03] | and full life insurance! | 还买了终身保险 |
[10:04] | It’s what Cobain died for. | 这正是科本梦寐以求的 |
[10:04] | 科特·科本:二十世纪九十年代摇滚乐坛巨星 | |
[10:06] | I’m just saying, it’s interesting. | 我就说说啊 很有意思 |
[10:09] | In the event of my death, | 如果我死了 |
[10:10] | you’d receive a payout of ten times my annual salary. | 你会得到我年薪十倍的赔偿金 |
[10:13] | Right, so what you’re saying is give up on the dentistry, | 没错 所以你是叫我别搞牙医这行了 |
[10:16] | just marry and then kill you? | 和你结婚 再把你杀了? |
[10:18] | You joke, but this is a really big opportunity. | 开玩笑 不过这真是个好机会 |
[10:20] | I thought you wanted to make music. | 我还以为你是想做音乐 |
[10:22] | I know. I do, | 是啊 我是很想 |
[10:23] | but maybe I could make music and work for BP. | 也许我可以一边做音乐 一边在BP工作 |
[10:26] | They might have a house band. | 他们可能有个新人驻唱乐队 |
[10:28] | Yeah. I mean it’s not exactly how The Prodigy met, is it? | 嗯 奇才乐队的成员不会就这样认识的吧? |
[10:28] | 奇才乐队:英国摇滚乐团 | |
[10:30] | In the BP house band. | 在BP驻唱乐队里碰上的 |
[10:32] | Well, no, sure but you could see, say, | 当然不是了 但是可能会看到像 |
[10:36] | Moby or a couple of Mumfords working there? | 莫比或者芒福德那样的人在那里工作呢 |
[10:36] | 莫比:美国音乐人 芒福德:伦敦摇滚乐队 | |
[10:41] | Yeah, yeah, agreed. | 嗯 同意 |
[10:43] | So, you know, it’s a dilemma. | 所以嘛 我进退两难 |
[10:45] | What should I do? | 我要怎么做? |
[10:46] | You genuinely want me to tell you what to do? | 你真的要我告诉你该做什么? |
[10:49] | It’s just a huge-y, Heather. | 这是个无比艰难的决定 希瑟 |
[10:51] | OK. Well, music’s not a reliable industry. | 好吧 音乐不是个可靠的行业 |
[10:54] | Very few people get a record deal, | 没什么人能出唱片 |
[10:55] | not many of them get a second album, | 出第二张专辑的更是少之又少 |
[10:57] | and even then, the public doesn’t hear your stuff | 即使出了 人们还是不会听你的音乐 |
[10:59] | because the radio’s playing songs by the Black Eyed Peas. | 广播就会播黑眼豆豆那样的歌 |
[11:02] | You’re right. Fuck it. I’m going to be an oil man. | 太他妈对了 我要成为石油大亨 |
[11:04] | I’m not spending twenty years sucking up to A&R men | 我才不想做20年的苦逼A&R人士呢 |
[11:04] | A&R:唱片公司下的一个部门 负责发掘和训练歌手或艺人 | |
[11:07] | and trying to get people to stop listening to Jamie Cullum. | 疲于带动人们不去听杰米·卡伦(英国歌手) |
[11:09] | I’m going to use this Geology degree to make some bloody money, | 我要用我的地质学学历挣点钱 |
[11:13] | and then, when I’m rich as fuck, I’ll hire the Black Eyed Peas | 等我暴富了 再雇黑眼豆豆 |
[11:15] | to come to my 40th birthday, | 来参加我的四十岁生日聚会 |
[11:17] | but not to play any music or anything, | 但不是叫他们来表演 |
[11:18] | just so that I can tell them that they’re shit. | 我只是要告诉他们 他们就是一坨屎 |
[11:24] | 理想 获得数百万美元或英镑 | |
[11:37] | 坦克直升机 | |
[11:49] | You don’t need to still be here, you know. | 其实你可以回去了的 |
[11:51] | I can lock up on my own. | 我一个人就行了 |
[11:52] | I think Jean just appreciates me staying, | 我觉得我在这 珍会很高兴 |
[11:54] | cos I’ve got editorial experience, so… | 因为我有编辑的经验 所以… |
[11:56] | What? | 怎样? |
[11:57] | Have you? | 是吗? |
[11:59] | No, you haven’t. | 没有 你才没有啥经验呢 |
[12:00] | Jean’s allocated her funding to the magazine I edit. | 珍给我要办的杂志拨款了 |
[12:02] | So, yes. I have. | 所以嘛 我有工作经验了 |
[12:06] | But I wanted to start up a magazine. That was my idea! | 但是我想办杂志的 那是我的主意! |
[12:09] | You’ve stolen my idea! | 你偷了我的点子! |
[12:11] | Oh, apologies. Magazines are your idea? | 噢 不好意思 办杂志是你的点子? |
[12:13] | Are you going to sue Vogue or something? | 那你是要告<<时尚>>还是别的哪家? |
[12:15] | And Jean said that I could have that funding. | 珍说过会把钱拨给我的 |
[12:17] | Oh, well. Guess you can’t. | 呵呵 估计你是没戏了 |
[12:36] | Pancakes. Anyone for pancakes? | 煎饼 谁要吃煎饼啊? |
[12:39] | Can you believe Heather? | 你相信希瑟吗? |
[12:41] | Er, yeah. | 是啊 怎么了 |
[12:43] | She made pancakes! | 她居然做煎饼了! |
[12:44] | Right. What a fucking bitch? | 嗯 没什么大不了吧? |
[12:45] | Yeah, I know! | 我明白! |
[12:47] | Like, I know we’re best mates and stuff, | 就像我知道我们是好室友 |
[12:48] | but that is not cool. | 但她那样做可不怎么样 |
[12:49] | Pancakes are my thing. I always make pancakes. | 煎饼是我的专利 一向是我做的 |
[12:51] | Not for me you don’t. | 你貌似从不做给我吃 |
[12:53] | You want pancakes? I’ll make you pancakes. | 你要吃吗? 我来做 |
[12:55] | I’ll make you so many pancakes, you’ll think it’s pancake day. | 我明天给你做好多好多 让你觉得煎饼节到了 |
[12:57] | Right. Look forward to that then. | 好啊 十分期待 |
[12:59] | Where you going? | 你去哪里? |
[13:01] | Got a shift at the hotel. | 去酒店换班 |
[13:02] | Can I come? Can I do that? | 我可以去吗? 我可以干吗? |
[13:04] | Well, I am the boss now, so I kind of can hire people… | 我现在是经理 貌似可以雇人… |
[13:08] | Hire me! You should hire me! | 雇我吧! 你要雇我啊! |
[13:09] | Go on, we’ll have a wicked time, and we can get away from Heathsley. | 走吧 我们有的是时间 正好避开希斯利 |
[13:12] | Heathsley? Is that Heather and Kingsley? | 希斯利? 是希瑟和金斯利的合体吗? |
[13:15] | Yeah, Heathsley. Or Kingthler. | 是啊 叫希斯利或者金瑟都可以 |
[13:17] | Anyway, please Vod, go on. | 别管了 福德 走吧 |
[13:30] | Too much flour. | 面粉放多了点 |
[13:32] | Look at him. | 你看他 |
[13:34] | He thinks he’s Ryan fucking Reynolds. | 还以为自己是瑞安·雷诺兹(演员) |
[13:37] | I can’t believe BP were duped by that slick shit. | 真不敢相信BP居然被这种人骗了 |
[13:41] | Yeah, well, BP can blow me. | 是啊 打击到我了 |
[13:42] | I’ve already started coming up with invention ideas | 我已经开始有了一些发明创造的想法 |
[13:45] | and, I’ve got to say, they’re pretty strong. | 我必须要说 它们很强大 |
[13:48] | What are the ideas? | 什么想法? |
[13:49] | OK, so, the first one is a Tank-copter. | 听好了 第一个就是坦克直升机 |
[13:52] | You basically put helicopter blades onto a tank | 大体就是把直升机的螺旋桨装到坦克上 |
[13:56] | so that it can fly. | 使坦克飞起来 |
[13:57] | Too heavy. | 太重了吧 |
[13:59] | Yeah, I did think that it might be too heavy. | 是啊 我就是想著它太重了 |
[14:02] | So my next one is an idea for a website, | 所以我的下一个想法是建个网站 |
[14:05] | it’s called www.howamIlooking?com. | 叫”我长什么样网” |
[14:09] | You can’t have ?com. It’s got to be .com. | 域名不能用?com 必须是.com |
[14:13] | Well, anyway… | 额 不管… |
[14:14] | You go onto howamIlooking?com, | 你进入那个网页 |
[14:16] | and then the computer screen becomes a mirror. | 电脑屏幕就会变成一面镜子 |
[14:19] | Like an actual mirror. | 和真正的镜子一样 |
[14:21] | Can’t be done. | 无法实现的 |
[14:22] | Yeah, well, not with that attitude, no. | 哎 别这种态度啊 |
[14:25] | Not with any attitude. Any more? | 只有这种态度了 还有吗? |
[14:28] | OK, and hear me out. | 好吧 听我说 |
[14:31] | An iPhone that is also a razor. | iPhone也可作为剃须刀 |
[14:35] | Won’t work. | 没用的 |
[14:37] | But look, it’s so nearly there. | 看 很接近啊 |
[14:39] | That’s you just doing the noise. | 你只是在制造噪音而已 |
[14:41] | Yeah, I realise that. | 我懂 |
[14:43] | But what I’m saying is, please can you help me? | 但是我想说 请你帮下我好吗? |
[14:45] | I want to get started on the phone/razor, | 我想著手研制手机剃须刀 |
[14:47] | but I’m worried that I’ll break my phone. | 但是我怕会弄坏手机 |
[14:49] | Right, OK, go to the Computer Sciences Faculty and ask for Sauron. | 好吧 那你去计算机科学系找索伦 |
[14:53] | He’s the best programmer there is. | 他是那里最好的程序员 |
[14:56] | Sauron? Like in Lord of the Rings? | 索伦? 像指环王里那个? |
[14:59] | I don’t know! I haven’t seen it! | 无可奉告! 我没看过! |
[15:01] | I don’t watch films about wizards and magical fucking jewellery! | 我才不看什么巫师啊魔法的垃圾电影! |
[15:06] | Jesus! Chill out! | 我的天! 淡定啊! |
[15:12] | Tony? | 托尼? |
[15:15] | Oregon. | 俄勒冈 |
[15:18] | Firstly, thank you for agreeing not to sue me for breaking your nose. | 首先 谢谢你没有因我弄伤了你的鼻子而告我 |
[15:24] | Well, you should thank the legal system | 你应该感谢法律制度 |
[15:26] | for being institutionally weighted in favour of women. | 长久以来对女性的照顾 |
[15:31] | Yeah, OK, great. | 是啊 真好 太棒了 |
[15:34] | Secondly, have you spent all your funding? | 第二 你的经费全用完了吗? |
[15:36] | Because I was thinking of setting up a magazine, and… | 因为我一直想著办本杂志… |
[15:39] | I’ve spent it. | 用完了 |
[15:41] | Well, I don’t believe you. | 我不相信 |
[15:43] | Why? Because you think I’m some kind of chaotic, | 怎么? 难道在你眼中我就是颠三倒四 |
[15:47] | senile flake? | 未老先衰? |
[15:49] | It’s spent. | 已经用完了 |
[15:51] | Could you maybe ask around and see if there’s any more? | 你能不能再四处打听下有没有多的经费? |
[15:56] | I see. You want me to ask around. | 我懂了 你想让我四处打听 |
[15:59] | Like your pet pig, snuffling in the dirt for truffles. | 就像你的宠物猪 在泥土中可怜兮兮地求松露 |
[16:12] | So, basically, the computer screen turns into a mirror… | 大体说来 就是电脑屏幕变成镜子… |
[16:16] | That won’t work. | 那不现实 |
[16:19] | OK, well, what about this? | 好吧 那这个呢? |
[16:28] | It’s not easy. | 这可不简单 |
[16:30] | I know it’s not easy. | 我知道这不简单 |
[16:31] | That is why I’m giving you 100 pounds to work out how to do it. | 所以我才给你一百英镑 让你想出怎么实现它 |
[16:39] | You can count it, if you want. It’s all there. | 如果想你可以点一下 都在这里 |
[16:41] | Oh, no, it’s fine. | 不用了 挺好 |
[16:42] | Go on, count it. | 来嘛 点一下 |
[16:48] | 50 100 50, 100. | |
[16:51] | See? I’m not pissing about, Sauron. | 是吧? 我才没瞎说 索伦 |
[16:54] | This is our passport to planet fucking minted. | 这就是我们前往那操蛋的发财之道的通行证 |
[17:17] | Oh, my God, this is brilliant! We’re in a hotel, for free! | 我的天 太神奇了! 我们在酒店 免费诶! |
[17:21] | Yeah, you get used to that. | 那是 习惯就好了 |
[17:26] | Why don’t you do the bathroom while I do in here? | 我在这干活时你干嘛不去浴室打扫? |
[17:29] | Yeah, OK. | 噢 好的 |
[17:32] | Wow! Minibar. | 哇哦! 小冰箱 |
[17:35] | Look, Vod! Tiny wine! | 看 福德! 是小瓶葡萄酒诶! |
[17:37] | We’re allowed this, right? | 我们可以喝的吧? |
[17:38] | Not really. | 其实不行 |
[17:39] | Here’s to… | 为了… |
[17:40] | What’s a good nickname for us? | 给我俩起个什么昵称好? |
[17:43] | Er, the clean… The sisters of clean, the clean clan, | 清洁…清洁双煞 清洁一族 |
[17:48] | the cleaning towers of… No. | 清洁双塔…都不好 |
[17:49] | Why don’t you work it out while you do the bathroom? | 不妨在打扫浴室时想如何? |
[17:51] | Good idea, boss. | 好主意 老大 |
[17:58] | Hey, did you hear Heathsley last night? | 对了 你昨晚听到希斯利的声音没? |
[18:00] | They had a fucking bath together, like they’re a football team | 他们洗鸳鸯浴了 爽得很 就像80年代的 |
[18:03] | in the ’80s, or something. It’s rank! | 足球队什么的 真恶心! |
[18:07] | I’ve cleaned the loo! | 我把厕所打扫干净了! |
[18:08] | Well, you’ve flushed it. | 你就冲了一下 |
[18:10] | I might… clean the bath by having a bath. | 我想…洗个澡 顺便打扫下浴室 |
[18:13] | Like, give the bath a bath! | 就像给浴室洗个澡! |
[18:22] | OK, so I’ve found some funding. | 好啦 我得到经费了 |
[18:25] | Yes! | 太棒了! |
[18:33] | OK. | 好了 |
[18:39] | You are the best, Tony! You are the bloody best! | 你是最棒的 托尼! 你真他妈的棒啊! |
[18:41] | Yes. | 那是 |
[18:42] | So, have you given the magazine a title yet? | 那你有想好杂志名了嘛? |
[18:44] | Yes. It’s either The Definite Article, | 早想好了 要不叫绝对尚品 |
[18:47] | or Indefinite Articles, or Present Tense, or… | 或者尚品无限 或者今日今时 也可以叫 |
[18:52] | OK, because – and they’re great names, by the way… | 好了 因为它们都是好名字 顺便说一下 |
[18:54] | it might be better if it were called something Jewish. | 如果它有点犹太味可能更好 |
[18:57] | Oh, right. Why? | 好吧 为什么? |
[18:59] | Just think it’d be really classy | 这么想 如果它和犹太人的信仰联系起来 |
[19:01] | if it were in some way linked to the Jewish faith. | 定然是十分时髦的 |
[19:04] | Also, the funding comes from the Jewish Society, | 此外 这经费是出自犹太人的社团 |
[19:06] | so it would help. | 所以会有帮助 |
[19:07] | Oh. | 了啦 |
[19:10] | OK. Erm, Jewish. | 好的 犹太人 |
[19:14] | Yeah, OK, why not? | 好啊 干嘛没想到这个呢 |
[19:15] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[19:16] | I’m glad you’re pleased. | 我很高兴你能满意 |
[19:17] | I’m thrilled, Tony. | 托尼 我很高兴 |
[19:19] | And, erm, I’m really glad that we can be friends again. | 因为我们能再次成为朋友 |
[19:22] | Of course we can. | 当然了 |
[19:23] | I thought after the whole threatening to sue me | 在你恐吓要告我 |
[19:25] | and oinking thing… | 以及学了猪叫之后 我以为… |
[19:27] | That was before. That was angry Tony. | 那是之前 当时是愤怒的托尼 |
[19:31] | So who are you now? | 那现在的你是谁呢? |
[19:33] | Now, I’m nice Tony. | 现在是好人托尼 |
[19:38] | I want to put all that behind us. | 想放下我们之间的一切 |
[19:39] | Great, well, as long as nasty Tony doesn’t come back! | 真棒 如果那个讨厌的托尼不再出现就好了 |
[19:42] | He won’t. I promise. | 不会了 我保证 |
[19:44] | We won’t even tell him what we’re up to. | 我们要干嘛通通都不告诉他 |
[20:04] | What the hell are you doing?! | 你他妈到底在干嘛?! |
[20:06] | I paid you to work, Sauron, not to go out on the mega-lash! | 索伦 我付钱是让你工作 不是来打桌球的! |
[20:10] | I’m only having a half. | 我只想出了一半 |
[20:11] | I couldn’t give a fuck, mate! Go and work on the phone razor! | 伙计 我可不管! 给我开发手机剃须刀去 |
[20:15] | I’m in the middle of a game. | 这局我才打了一半 |
[20:17] | Oh, are you, now? | 哦 是吗? 那现在呢? |
[20:20] | Other people are out there trying to crack the phone razor, | 我们说话这当口 |
[20:21] | as we speak. | 其他人正试图攻克手机剃须刀这难题 |
[20:24] | I don’t want to go home now. | 可我不想现在就回家 |
[20:25] | You took my money. I own you. Go and work! | 你拿了老子钱 就归老子管 回去工作! |
[20:31] | I still have a fair bit of my… | 我还有些饮料… |
[20:42] | Because I figured the suit says, “I mean business”, | 因为我认为西装表示”我很庄重认真” |
[20:44] | but the tie says, “I also mean fun”. | 而打领带表示”哥也很活泼哦” |
[20:47] | But not so much fun that I stop meaning business. | 但又不能太活泼而掩盖了认真劲 |
[20:49] | I mainly mean business. | 我还是偏向于庄重和认真 |
[20:50] | Yeah, I think that’s pretty clear. | 没错 我想这很明显 |
[20:52] | I also got 12 business cards from that machine at the station and they clearly mean business. | 我在站点用打印机打了十二张名片以表认真 |
[20:56] | What? Let me see. | 什么? 让我看看 |
[21:00] | I couldn’t work out how to avoid having clip art on it, | 我不知道怎么去掉上面的剪贴画 |
[21:03] | but it’s a calculator, which is businessy. | 还好是很商业性的计算器 |
[21:05] | “Kingsley Owen. Student.” | “金斯利·欧文 学生” |
[21:08] | What do you reckon? | 你觉得怎样? |
[21:10] | Students shouldn’t have business cards. That’s weird. | 学生不应该有名片 很奇怪 |
[21:13] | But I have to wow them. | 但我要镇住他们 |
[21:15] | I think this will wow them. | 我觉得你肯定会镇住他们的 |
[21:17] | Like, “Wow, this guy is weird!” | 别人会说”哇 这家伙真奇怪!” |
[21:18] | Why are you being like this? I’m just following your advice. | 你怎么这样? 我可是照你的建议来的 |
[21:21] | I don’t remember advising you to buy an ill-fitting polyester suit. | 我什么时候建议你去买件不合身的聚酯西装了 |
[21:24] | You said I should go all out for the BP thing. | 你说我应该全力争取进BP(英国石油公司) |
[21:26] | No, I didn’t. I said music was difficult to get into. | 不 我可没说 我说的是很难进入音乐圈 |
[21:28] | I did not tell you to sell your soul away to the oil industry. | 我没叫你把自己的灵魂出卖给石油产业 |
[21:31] | You made it very clear what you expected. If it was up to me, | 你清楚地表明了你的期许 如果让我选 |
[21:34] | I’d make music and live by the docks in Berlin, or something. | 我会住在柏林的码头边 搞音乐创作之类的 |
[21:37] | Well, you can’t, because Berlin isn’t by the sea. | 其实不可能 因为柏林不靠海 |
[21:39] | Fine. Not the docks, then. The equivalent of the docks. | 好吧 那就不是码头 反正类似于码头的地方 |
[21:42] | Right, so you want to live by the Berlin truck terminal? | 好吧 那你想住在柏林的货运终点站? |
[21:44] | Are we having an argument? | 我们是在吵架吗? |
[21:46] | Are we now just another one of those couples that argue all the time? | 我们现在也是无休止吵架情侣中的一对吗? |
[21:49] | This is not an argument. There is no argument, | 这不是什么吵架 连个吵架点都没有 |
[21:51] | because you’re just being a dick-jerky. | 现在的你简直就是个阳痿 |
[21:53] | Right. That’s it. I am now leaving. | 好吧 就这样 我走了 |
[21:57] | Well, this is your house, so you’re leaving your own house. | 这是你的屋子 你是要玩离家出走吗 |
[21:59] | I’m going to a different bit of it where you’re not, therefore proving | 我要去一个没你的地方 以此证明 |
[22:03] | that this is an argument, so… piss off! | 我们吵架了 所以…我滚了! |
[22:16] | So… | 那… |
[22:19] | Have I created a new vibe? | 我有没有什么改变? |
[22:23] | Yes, Howard. Yes, you have. | 是的 霍华德 你变了 |
[22:27] | And, erm, what vibe is this? | 呃 现在的我有什么气场? |
[22:30] | Sort of… special needs, line dancer vibe. | 有点…特殊需要乐队和排排舞舞者的气场 |
[22:34] | Why did you buy those glasses, and the…? | 你为什么买这副眼镜和… |
[22:37] | I panic bought. | 我抽风买的 |
[22:39] | This is the result of panic buying. | 这就是抽风后购物的下场 |
[22:41] | Don’t take a photo of it! | 别拍! |
[22:42] | Oh, come on. It’s amazing! | 别害羞嘛 多好看啊! |
[22:46] | You look like a sort of trainee paedo. | 你看起来有点像恋童癖实习生 |
[22:49] | Look, just help me! One of youse! | 听著 帮帮我! 随便你们谁都行! |
[22:51] | Relax, Howard. Look, tomorrow, we’ll take the specs back | 放松 霍华德 听著 明天我们会把眼镜拿回 |
[22:56] | and return all the clobber to River Island. | 把所有东西都退回River Island |
[22:56] | River Island: 英国品牌连锁店 | |
[22:58] | How do you know it’s from River Island? | 你怎么知道从那儿买的? |
[23:01] | I just know. | 我就是知道 |
[23:18] | Are you there? | 在吗? |
[23:21] | I really want to talk to you. | 我很想跟你聊聊天 |
[23:24] | I miss that, I… | 我怀念那些时光 我… |
[23:27] | miss talking to you. | 怀念和你聊天的那些日子 |
[23:33] | Yes? | 有事? |
[23:35] | Oh, sorry, I… I didn’t know you were… | 抱歉 我… 我不知道你在… |
[23:38] | Josie asked me to swap rooms because she doesn’t like your noises. | 乔茜让我和她换房间 她嫌你们吵 |
[23:41] | I lived in Japan for a year, where walls are made of paper, | 我在日本住了一年 那儿的�椄O纸糊的 |
[23:44] | so as long as it’s not too loud, I’m fine with it. | 所以只要不是太大声 我都无所谓 |
[23:48] | So, what do you want to talk about? | 你想聊什么? |
[23:55] | So then my family moved to Bunnik when I was nine, | 我九岁时 我家搬到了宾尼克(荷兰) |
[23:58] | so I had to change schools, which was pretty traumatic, actually. | 我不得不换学校 事实上这让我很受伤 |
[24:01] | They always teased me, | 他们都取笑我 |
[24:03] | they always said, “Sabine zit je tegrienen!” | 常说”萨宾娜是个怨妇!”(荷兰语) |
[24:06] | It’s like, whining Sabine. | 就像是祥林嫂版的萨宾娜 |
[24:08] | New literary magazine. Submissions urgently required. | 新的文学杂志 紧俏货 |
[24:10] | I’ll say. The ones that have come in are shit, frankly. | 坦白讲 这上面写的东西真垃圾啊 |
[24:14] | We’ll take submissions on anything. | 我们取材很广 |
[24:16] | Love, loss, bar mitzvahs, nature, anything at all. | 爱 遗失 受诫礼 大自然 什么都有 |
[24:16] | 受诫礼: 犹太男孩的成人礼 | |
[24:19] | I mean, all these submissions are by sexually frustrated boys | 我是说这些文章都是那些摆明了 |
[24:21] | who clearly want to have sex with you. | 想上你的阳痿男写的 |
[24:23] | Oh, come on, Tony, I don’t… | 得了吧 托尼 我不想… |
[24:25] | This one about the snake is about sex, | 这篇写蛇的是关于性的 |
[24:27] | the one about the tree is about sex, | 这篇写树的是关于性的 |
[24:29] | the one about the man having sex with the woman is about sex. | 这篇写人类性交的也是关于性的 |
[24:32] | Are they anti-Semitic? | 这些反犹太教吗? |
[24:33] | No, but… | 没有 但… |
[24:34] | Then they can go in. | 那就可以写进去 |
[24:38] | Chutzpah? | 肆无忌惮? |
[24:40] | Your magazine’s called Chutzpah? | 你的杂志叫<<肆无忌惮>>? |
[24:42] | Yes. Meaning audacity in Yiddish. | 没错 依地语里指英勇无畏 |
[24:42] | 依地语: 犹太人国际用语 | |
[24:44] | Oh, yeah? Well, what’s this in Yiddish? | 哦 是吗? 那依地语里这叫什么? |
[24:46] | I imagine it’s the same. | 我想是一个意思 |
[24:49] | Not scared of a little competition, are you, Derek? | 德里克 你不怕小竞争的对吗? |
[24:52] | Oh, it’s on. It is on! | 已经开始了 开战了! |
[25:03] | Yeah, I just… I need another 30 seconds, OK? | 嗯 我只是… 再睡三十秒可以吗? |
[25:07] | A micro-nap. A power-blink. | 打个小盹 人更精神 |
[25:11] | You’ve been asleep for five hours. | 你已经睡了五个小时了 |
[25:13] | I’m sorry, Jose, but you’re fired! | 乔茜 我很抱歉 但是你被炒了! |
[25:18] | You can’t fire me! We’re the Sparkle Sisters! | 你不能炒我! 我们是活力姐妹花! |
[25:21] | You’re treating this place like a fucking hotel! | 尼玛当自己来住宾馆的啊! |
[25:25] | Stop eating those! | 别再吃了! |
[25:28] | You’ve eaten 65 pillow chocolates in the past two days. | 这两天你一共吃了六十五块巧克力了 |
[25:32] | Well, you’ve become everything that you hate, do you know that? | 知道吗 你变成了自己所厌恶的人 |
[25:35] | Crushing the little guys. | 压榨小人物 |
[25:37] | The little guys who love the little chocolates | 爱小巧克力的小人物 |
[25:39] | because they fit perfectly in their little tummies. | 因为刚好可以裹腹 |
[25:42] | Bollocks! | 胡说八道! |
[25:49] | Take a chocolate, then. | 那就吃块巧克力 |
[25:55] | Yeah, but… they come out of our wages, so… | 嗯 但这是要我们血汗钱的 所以… |
[26:45] | What are you doing in here? | 你在这干嘛? |
[26:48] | Oh, I left my paper clip. Yeah, here it is, look. | 我落下纸夹了 没错 它在这 看 |
[26:54] | Argh! | 啊! |
[26:56] | Maybe we get you some soft ones. | 或许我们该买温和的 |
[27:00] | What do you mean, soft ones? | 温和的是指什么? |
[27:02] | There is something touching my eye. | 碰到我的眼球了 |
[27:04] | It wouldn’t matter if it was cotton wool, it would still feel like | 如果只是药棉还没关系 但感觉上还是会像 |
[27:07] | boiling shrapnel, because it’s on my actual eye! | 沸腾的弹片 因为它实实在在贴在我的眼球上 |
[27:11] | Why are you wearing lenses? | 你干嘛要戴隐形眼镜? |
[27:13] | What? | 啥? |
[27:15] | Why do you think, Kingsley? | 金斯利 你咋想的? |
[27:17] | The same reason that Ed Miliband got work done | 这和工党领袖埃德·米利班德 |
[27:18] | on his adenoids, | 用他肿大的扁桃体搞定工作一个道理 |
[27:19] | because life is a struggle for people like me. | 因为对于我这种人 生活就是在不断的挣扎 |
[27:22] | It may be all right for you, | 对你来说可能没什么关系 |
[27:23] | with all your corporate parties and Cava, | 你的家庭事业都顺心如意 |
[27:25] | poster boy! | 海报男孩! |
[27:26] | I just got an invite, I’m not their fucking poster boy! | 我只是获得了邀请 才不是狗屁海报男孩! |
[27:29] | No? Well, check out the Geology Faculty noticeboard! | 不是? 你去看看地质学院的布告吧! |
[27:45] | I believed in you, Sauron. | 索伦 我相信你的 |
[27:46] | – It’s too difficult. – Of course it’s not. Look. | – 这太难了 – 一点都不难 看 |
[27:49] | No, you don’t need to demonstrate it again. | 打住打住 你不用再演示了 |
[27:51] | I understand the concept, I’m just saying… it can’t be done. | 我知道什么意思 只是说…我做不了 |
[27:58] | If you try and develop this without me, I will end you! | 如果你敢背著我研发这个 那你就完了! |
[28:01] | I am not your Winklevosses! | 我又不是你的文克莱沃斯兄弟! |
[28:01] | 文克莱沃斯兄弟认为脸谱网是窃取哈佛连线的创意 | |
[28:03] | Do you hear me?! | 听到了吗?! |
[28:09] | It’s just so gay. | 太耽美了 |
[28:11] | I guess that’s the point, but, no, not for me. | 我想这就是卖点 但我可不吃这套 |
[28:14] | How is it this glossy? | 这杂志怎么样? |
[28:15] | It’s going to make Chutzpah look like it’s printed on bog roll. | <<肆无忌惮>>和它比 就像在泥里印刷的 |
[28:18] | Oregon, it’s about content, not expensive colour printing. | 俄勒冈 好坏在于内容而不是昂贵的彩印 |
[28:20] | Well, you said our content was shit. | 可你说我们的内容很垃圾 |
[28:22] | Well, yes, but… | 虽说的确如此 但是… |
[28:24] | So basically, | 所以简单说来 |
[28:24] | our magazine is just shit-covered bog roll. | 我们的杂志就是一堆烂泥里滚过的垃圾 |
[28:26] | Oh, Oregon. This is just a dip. | 俄勒冈 这只是试水 |
[28:28] | In all creative endeavours, there are moments of… | 所有创造性的付出后 总有… |
[28:31] | Shakespeare probably finished Henry IV and was like, | 就像莎士比亚完成亨利四世后 人们可能会说 |
[28:33] | “Christ! How many more Henrys are there?” | “老天! 还有多少个亨利?” |
[28:36] | Come here. | 来吧 |
[28:37] | No, no, don’t. | 不 不 不要 |
[28:38] | I… I don’t need a hug. | 我…我不需要拥抱 |
[28:40] | A friendly hug. A nice, friendly hug. | 一个朋友的拥抱 一个善意友好的拥抱 |
[28:50] | You’re in it as well. | 你也在里面啊 |
[28:52] | As a bystander. I’m clearly standing by. | 作为路人甲 显然我站在旁边 |
[28:55] | Hey, Kingsley, erm, I’m going to need your invite to the BP do. | 嘿 金斯利 我想要你那张BP酒会的邀请函 |
[29:01] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[29:02] | I take it the MOD didn’t order a battalion of Tank-copters! | 进入非军购大批坦克直升机模式! |
[29:05] | Yeah, well, it turns out | 嗯 最后证明 |
[29:07] | I’m the only one with any bloody vision in this country. | 我是这国家唯一有远见的人 |
[29:10] | So, Kingsley, mate? | 所以 金斯利 老弟? |
[29:12] | They’ve airbrushed out my soul patch! | 他们把我的小胡子给P掉了! |
[29:14] | Look. They can’t do that! | 看 他们不能那么做! |
[29:17] | Oh, yeah, I mean, that is outrageous. | 噢 没错 无法容忍 |
[29:19] | I knew it! They just want some drone. | 我知道! 他们只想要一群没有思想的工蜂 |
[29:23] | They want me to sell my soul to the devil. | 他们想让我把灵魂卖给魔鬼 |
[29:25] | I think they want you to sell your soul patch to the devil. | 我想他们是想让你把胡须卖给魔鬼 |
[29:28] | I’m not an oil man. | 我又不是石油工人 |
[29:29] | They can stick their internship up their arse. | 他们该把实习函塞到自己屁眼里 |
[29:32] | Exactly! So… give me the invite. | 没错! 那… 邀请函给我吧 |
[29:36] | Come on. I’m what BP want. | 来吧 我就是BP需要的人才 |
[29:37] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不是 |
[29:38] | Well, of course I am. | 我当然是了 |
[29:39] | What’s a tension-leg drilling platform then? | 那什么是张力腿式钻井平台? |
[29:39] | 张力腿式钻井平台:一种典型的深水油气开采平台 | |
[29:45] | It’s a… type of platform. | 是一种…平台 |
[29:48] | What does BP stand for? | BP是什么的缩写? |
[29:53] | Britain… Petrol. | 英国…汽油 |
[29:54] | Wrong. | 错 |
[29:56] | OK, Howard, you may have more actual facts than me, | 好吧 霍华德 你懂的可能是比我多一点 |
[30:00] | but I’ve got stuff that BP need. | 但是我有BP需要的东西 |
[30:02] | Like what? | 比如一个? |
[30:03] | People with my accent make foreigners shit themselves. | 像我这样的口音连外国人都得佩服 |
[30:06] | If I’d been born 40 years ago, I’d be running India. | 如果我早出生四十年 那印度就得是我的了 |
[30:09] | India was independent 40 years ago. | 印度四十年前就独立了 |
[30:11] | Well, maybe if I’d been around, it wouldn’t be. | 是么 那当时要有我 说不定它就独立不成了 |
[30:13] | Howard, you should have it. | 霍华德 我还是给你吧 |
[30:14] | Kings! | 金! |
[30:15] | I repeated what you said about Americans taking up cycling. | 我只是重复了你说美国人应该骑车的那些话 |
[30:18] | That’s why I got this. | 那才是我得到邀请的原因 |
[30:19] | That was my comment. You stole my comment! | 那是我的观点 你偷了我的观点! |
[30:21] | I’m sorry. You don’t need to be more like me. | 我很抱歉 你不应该总向我学 |
[30:25] | If anything, I should be more like you. | 如果说应该 也是我该向你学才对 |
[30:31] | Well, now. In that case… | 嗯 那如果是这样… |
[30:36] | Argh! | 啊! |
[30:45] | Gentlemen… | 先生们… |
[30:48] | Howard? Er, listen – er, any chance of getting me into that BP thing? | 霍华德? 听著 你觉得我有可能进BP么 |
[31:03] | He put a penis in Lips! | 他这是羊入虎口啦! |
[31:07] | – Sorry? – Derek. | – 你说什么? – 我说德里克 |
[31:08] | He put an image of a male penis in his magazine | 他在他的杂志上刊登了一张男性生殖器照片 |
[31:11] | and I found a university statute from the ’70s | 而我找到了一条七十年代的校规 |
[31:14] | explicitly banning photos of male penises! | 明确规定禁止校刊上出现男性生殖器照片! |
[31:16] | Right, well – thanks for coming round to let me know | 说的对 嗯 谢谢你特意来告诉我 |
[31:19] | but, erm, I’ve got a fair bit to get on with. | 但是 我还有点事 |
[31:22] | Oregon, it’s been closed down. I got his magazine closed down! | 俄勒冈 它被封刊了 我封了这个杂志! |
[31:24] | Oh, my God! That’s brilliant! | 天哪 太棒了! |
[31:27] | Ha-ha! I know! | 哈哈 我也觉得! |
[31:30] | We crushed gay and lesbian fiction! | 我们打垮了那个同性恋小说! |
[31:33] | No, Tony, don’t. | 不 托尼 别这样 |
[31:34] | Oh, come on. | 来吧 |
[31:35] | No – I said no! | 不要 我说了不要! |
[31:36] | Do you know how hard I’ve been working on this? | 你知道我做这件事花了多少心血么? |
[31:38] | That doesn’t mean we can have sex again! | 那并不代表我们就可以再上一次床! |
[31:40] | It bloody should! I’ve been going over statutes all night for you! | 那当然代表了 我通宵研读校规都是为了你! |
[31:43] | Do you have any idea how dull that is? | 你知道那有多无聊么! |
[31:46] | Well, I thought we were friends. | 嗯 我以为那是因为我们是朋友 |
[31:47] | I mean, what happened to nice Tony? | 我是说 那个友善的托尼哪去了? |
[31:50] | Oh, wake up! There is no nice Tony. There’s just this one | 醒醒吧你! 跟本就没什么友善的托尼 |
[31:53] | this car-crash of a man who gets his nose broken | 从来都只有站在你面前的这个鼻子被打断了 |
[31:56] | and has genre-defying homosexual magazines closed down because | 还在想办法封杀什么同性恋杂志 |
[31:59] | he thinks there might be a shag in it! | 以为他该为此得到点回报的男人! |
[32:01] | And if you think that sort of behaviour sounds pathetic | 如果你觉得这些听起来很可悲 |
[32:04] | try and imagine how I feel about it! | 那你不如好好想想我会有什么感觉! |
[32:11] | Hi, it’s me… again. | 嗨 还是我 |
[32:13] | I’m sorry for shouting at you. | 我很抱歉吼了你 |
[32:16] | I’m not going to the BP thing. It’s not for me. | 我不打算去BP那个实习了 那并不适合我 |
[32:20] | I’m not an oil man. I realise that now. | 我并不是个适合做石油的人 我意识到了 |
[32:24] | I’m a musician. | 我是个音乐家 |
[32:26] | Shut up, Sabine! | 闭嘴 萨宾娜! |
[32:38] | Wait for me! | 等等我! |
[32:40] | What the hell are you doing? | 你要干嘛? |
[32:42] | What the hell are you doing, more like? | 应该是你要干嘛好吧! |
[32:44] | I’m his plus one, not you! | 他要带的是我 不是你! |
[32:46] | No, I mean, what the fuck are you doing in a dress? | 不 我的意思是 尼玛你穿礼服干嘛? |
[32:49] | Oh, I know. It’s Oregon’s. I hate it. | 哦 没错 这个是俄勒冈的 我讨厌它 |
[32:51] | I feel like I’m off to marry Bryan Ferry or something. | 我这身打扮都可以当布莱恩·费瑞的新娘去了 |
[32:51] | 布莱恩·费瑞:摇滚乐团Roxy Music的主唱 | |
[32:54] | You’re fit! I can’t deal with you being fit. | 真搭啊! 真接受不了你居然很适合这样穿 |
[32:57] | Change back. | 换回来 |
[32:58] | You don’t have to deal with it. You won’t be there. | 你不用接受 因为你本来就去不了 |
[33:01] | You don’t have an invite. | 你没有邀请函 |
[33:03] | This is my invite. | 这就是我的邀请函 |
[33:06] | This little bastard gets me in anywhere. | 这个小可爱能让我进任何地方 |
[33:12] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[33:33] | Are you drinking in the dark? | 你是在黑灯瞎火的地方喝酒么? |
[33:36] | Not any more. | 现在不是了 |
[33:40] | Hi, there. Do you have your invite? | 嗨 你好 你有邀请函么? |
[33:42] | Oh, yes. | 哦 当然 |
[33:48] | Invite, please, sir. | 请出示您的邀请函 先生 |
[33:51] | Oh, dear! I appear to have left my invite on my desk | 哦 天哪 很明显我把邀请函落在桌上了 |
[33:55] | at BP headquarters. | 在BP总部的桌子上 |
[33:57] | You work for BP? | 您是说您为BP工作么? |
[33:59] | Well, BP works for me. | 嗯 其实是BP为我工作 |
[34:01] | It’s invite only, sir. Who’s next? | 只有拿邀请函才能通过 先生 下一个? |
[34:04] | No, wait. | 别 等等 |
[34:06] | Silly me, here it is. | 我真傻 给你 |
[34:11] | Here’s my invite. | 这是我的邀请函 |
[34:13] | No, sir, that’s 50 pounds. | 不 先生 这是五十英镑 |
[34:14] | Which is half an invite. | 您要想进还得再给一张 |
[34:19] | Look, has Heather spoken to you at all? | 嘿 希瑟最近有和你聊过么? |
[34:21] | What about? | 聊什么? |
[34:22] | We had an argument and she won’t return my calls. | 我们吵了一架 她现在都不回我电话了 |
[34:25] | Yeah, funnily enough, I’ve actually got better things to do | 嗯 有趣的是 我还有比解决你和我朋友的 |
[34:27] | than to sort out your relationships with my friends. | 感情纠纷更重要的事做 |
[34:29] | OK. OK, forget it. | 好吧 好吧 当我没问 |
[34:30] | I got fired, by the way. Thanks for asking. | 顺便告诉你 我被炒了 谢谢你的关心 |
[34:33] | Fired from what? | 你做什么被炒了? |
[34:35] | Vod gave me a job, then fired me. | 福德给了我份工作 然后炒了我 |
[34:37] | – I’m useless, apparently. – What? | – 显然 我百无一用 – 什么? |
[34:40] | No, of course you’re not! | 不 你怎么会是百无一用呢! |
[34:41] | You don’t need to worry about job stuff now. | 你不需要现在就开始担心工作问题 |
[34:45] | It’ll all be fine. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[34:46] | Yeah, well, it probably seems like that to you, oil man! | 是啊 对你来说确实如此 石油先生! |
[34:50] | Your life’s sorted, so… | 你的生活都被安排好了 你… |
[34:52] | I’m not going to that BP thing. | 我不打算去BP实习了 |
[34:54] | I gave my invite to Howard. | 我已经把邀请函给霍华德了 |
[34:58] | Why? | 为什么? |
[34:58] | I don’t just want to take the first thing that comes along. | 我不想轻易接受给我的第一个机会 |
[35:01] | I want to experience life first – find out who I am. | 我想先了解什么是生活 什么是我 |
[35:04] | You’re a knob. | 你真傻 |
[35:05] | Right, thanks – good one. | 很对 谢谢 说的好 |
[35:07] | Look – do you know how many people under 24 are unemployed? | 听著 你知道不到24岁就失业的有多少人么 |
[35:11] | About 20% – and it’s only going up. | 大约百分之二十 而且数量还在增长 |
[35:14] | You can’t afford to take your sweet time over this. | 你不能只看重眼前的幸福而不在乎前途 |
[35:16] | When we leave this place, | 我们离开学校时 |
[35:18] | it’s going to be fuckin’…Darwinian out there. | 进入的是个弱肉强食 适者生存的社会 |
[35:21] | So if there’s something you want | 所以如果有什么是你喜欢的 |
[35:24] | that you want to be part of your future, then… | 想要它存在于你未来生命里的东西 那… |
[35:27] | then you have to go after it right now. | 那你现在就该开始为之努力了 |
[35:30] | Otherwise… you might not get it. | 要不… 要不你可能就会把它弄丢了 |
[35:34] | Do you understand? | 你明白么? |
[35:37] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[35:49] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[35:51] | You didn’t go? | 你没去吗? |
[35:52] | No, I couldn’t, I was worried about us and… | 没 我没心思去 我一直在愁我们的事 |
[35:57] | I’m sorry. I’m… I’m really sorry. | 我很抱歉 我… 我真的很抱歉 |
[36:16] | The whole action of drilling for oil is very erotic. | 这些开采石油的事让我迷醉 |
[36:21] | Completely. | 同感 |
[36:24] | I find it erotic. | 我也觉得它让人著迷 |
[36:25] | Mmm. Must be an amazing feeling… | 找到一个喷油井… |
[36:28] | finding a gusher. | 是件多么让人兴奋的事啊 |
[36:30] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[36:31] | Yeah, it’s… it’s wonderful. | 是啊 那感觉…太奇妙了 |
[36:34] | I mean, I don’t locate new wells personally, | 我是说 我并不亲自去定位油井的 |
[36:38] | but, yeah, it’s, er… Sorry, what’s your name? | 但是 没错 不好意思 你叫什么来著 |
[36:40] | Violet. | 维尔莉特 |
[36:41] | Right. | 哦对 |
[36:42] | You weren’t at the careers thing, were you? | 学校招聘展销会你并没来 对吧? |
[36:45] | No. I don’t get up early enough for that. | 嗯 我起来得晚了些 没有赶上它 |
[36:48] | Because you could be exactly what we’re looking for. | 如果你要是来了 将会是我们的绝佳人选 |
[36:49] | Hello. | 您好 |
[36:52] | Erm, I’m also here. | 我也来了 |
[36:54] | I’m Howard. I’m with her. | 我叫霍华德 和她一起的 |
[36:57] | Right. | 好吧 |
[37:00] | Sorry, have we met? | 不好意思 我们见过么? |
[37:01] | Er… Yes, erm | 嗯… 是的 |
[37:04] | at the geology fair, er, a guy made a comment | 就在学校大厅 有个人谈了关于 |
[37:07] | about people taking up cycling if they don’t like the oil industry? | 让不喜欢石油工业的人开始骑自行车的观点 |
[37:12] | Right, Kingsley. | 哦 对了 是金斯利 |
[37:12] | Yeah, erm, but… | 对 嗯 但是… |
[37:16] | it was actually my comment. I’d said it to him. | 那其实是我的观点 是我告诉他的 |
[37:19] | I was a victim of comment theft. | 我是个观点偷窃案的受害人 |
[37:22] | It was a good comment. | 那是个很好的想法 |
[37:23] | I have got loads more… | 我还有很多其他想法… |
[37:25] | OK, listen, I’m what you’re looking for. | 好吧 听著 我就是你们想要的人 |
[37:27] | JP, piss off! | JP 你滚一边去! |
[37:28] | Excuse me? | 打扰一下? |
[37:29] | I can help you people. I’m a pioneer. | 我能帮助你们 我是个思想前卫的人 |
[37:31] | I don’t give a flying fuck about native American land rights. | 我一点儿都不在乎什么美国本土主权问题 |
[37:33] | I’d drill anywhere. I’d drill through | 我愿意在任何地方钻井 我甚至愿意 |
[37:36] | an orphanage on the fucking moon! | 在月球上的孤儿院钻口井! |
[37:38] | Seriously, you need me. | 说真的 你需要我 |
[37:41] | BP need to stop saying sorry | BP应该再有种点 |
[37:42] | and grow some balls. | 你们不该再继续道歉什么的了 |
[37:45] | Well, I’m those balls. | 而我 就是你们的勇气 |
[37:47] | He thought that BP stood for Britain Petrol. | 他以为BP是英国汽油的简称! |
[37:50] | Yeah, and I checked the website. I was extremely close on both words. | 好吧 我上网查过了 我说的很接近的 |
[37:53] | OK, guys, please just calm down. | 好了 你们两个都淡定点 |
[37:55] | If you’re friends of Violet, then you’re friends with me. | 如果你们是维尔莉特的朋友 那就是我的朋友 |
[37:58] | Ye… We are very good friends with Violet. | 嗯… 我们和维尔莉特非常要好的 |
[38:02] | OK, so – let’s get drinks. Talk internships. | 好吧 那我们去喝一杯吧 谈谈实习的事 |
[38:06] | Yes, please! | 好的 太好了! |
[38:07] | That would be great. | 那太棒了 |
[38:11] | I just wanted to thank BP | 我只想向BP致谢 |
[38:14] | for putting on such a good spread. | 因为它提供了这么好的一个舞台 |
[38:21] | And to say well done for making a fortune flogging something | 我还想说 干得漂亮! 因为它拿走了本属于 |
[38:25] | that occurs naturally and therefore can’t belong to anyone. | 大部分人的自然资源 才让自己大赚了一票! |
[38:30] | – Hear, hear! – JP, no! | – 好 说得好! – JP 别叫好了! |
[38:33] | And let’s hope | 让我们一起 |
[38:34] | there aren’t any more accidents that… | 祈祷不会再有这样的意外发生… |
[38:41] | Fuck! | 我擦! |
[38:42] | Oh, no! | 哦 不! |
[38:43] | I’m so sorry, it was just an accident! | 我很抱歉 只是个小意外 |
[38:46] | Oh, Jesus. | 哦 天哪 |
[38:48] | Ignore it. Pretend it never happened! | 忽略它吧 假装什么都没发生! |
[38:50] | Call security! Get her out of here! | 叫保安来! 把她给我弄出去! |
[38:52] | Actually, we don’t know her that well. | 其实 我们和她不怎么熟 |
[38:54] | Carry on stuffing your faces with sausages. | 继续用山珍海味填满你们的嘴 |
[38:56] | Ignore the oil spill! | 不用管那些石油泄漏问题! |
[39:01] | – Who is she? Do you know her? – I don’t know her. | – 她谁啊? 你认识么? – 我不认识啊 |
[39:03] | Get rid of these two as well! | 把他们两个也给我赶出去! |
[39:04] | Vod! | 福德! |
[39:17] | That is too loud! | 你们太吵了! |
[39:30] | I made pancakes! | 我做了煎饼! |
[39:32] | Someone come and eat one of my fuckin’ pancakes! | 尼玛有人想来点煎饼么! |
[39:37] | I will have a pancake! | 给我来点吧! |