时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | What do I do now that my book has failed? | 我的书失败了 现在该怎么办呢? |
[00:04] | Who am I if not a literary genius? | 如果不是写作天才 那我又是谁呢? |
[00:08] | Louis has his restaurant. | 路易斯有他的餐厅 |
[00:10] | Evan and Emery are model students. | 艾文和艾默利是模范学生 |
[00:12] | Oh, even Eddie is on track to go to college. | 连艾迪都走上了考大学的正路 |
[00:15] | But here I am… rudderless. | 只有我失去了方向 |
[00:19] | Mm-hmm. Uh, Mrs. Huang, again, | 黄太太 |
[00:21] | I am a school counselor for students, | 我再重复一遍 我是学校的学生顾问 |
[00:23] | students like your son Evan, | 我这里是给您儿子艾文 |
[00:25] | who happens to come here for therapy. | 那种学生提供治疗的地方 |
[00:26] | What does he have to do with this? | 这跟他有什么关系? |
[00:28] | It is a conflict of interest for me. | 对我来说有利益上的冲突啊 |
[00:30] | I’m pretty sure the way it works is, | 我跟你倾诉我的问题才是解决之道 |
[00:32] | I tell you my problems, not the other way around. | -而不是反过来 |
[00:34] | Okay. Uh… | -好吧… |
[00:36] | you’re putting a lot of pressure on yourself. | 你给自己太大压力了 |
[00:37] | Your next move will come. | 转机很快回来的 |
[00:39] | Maybe take a break and focus on your family for a while? | 要不要试着先把精力放在家人身上? |
[00:41] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[00:44] | Addressing their potential failures | 去修正他们潜在的失败 |
[00:45] | will help me forget mine | 能让我忘记自己的失败 |
[00:47] | and lead to my next great success. | 还能拥有强烈的成就感 |
[00:49] | That is not at all what I s– Thank you, Mr. Tim. | -我说的不是这个… -谢谢你 提姆先生 |
[00:52] | You surprised me today. | 你今天惊到我了 |
[00:53] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[00:55] | [ Door opens, closes ] | |
[00:56] | Heaven help whoever she latches onto first. | 上帝保佑她的第一个目标 |
[00:59] | Do I still have time to talk about my dog? | 我还有时间聊聊我的狗吗? |
[01:04] | — Captions by VITAC — | |
[01:06] | * Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[01:07] | * I’m gettin’ mine everywhere I go * | 所到之处 尽显真我 |
[01:09] | * If you don’t know, homey, now you know * | 如果你之前没听说过我 那你现在就会认识我 |
[01:11] | * Fresh off the boat | 初来乍到 |
[01:12] | * Homey, you don’t know where I come from * | 你不知道我来自何处 |
[01:15] | * But I know where I’m goin’ | 但我知道我将去往何地 |
[01:16] | * I’m fresh off the boat | 《初来乍到》 初来乍到 多多指教 |
[01:19] | If you use the term “Let me borrow…” | 当你说:“借我…” |
[01:21] | [ Door opens ] “Montel” and Mentos — | 看曼特尔 |
[01:23] | [ Door closes ] Fresh talk, fresh breath. | 吃曼妥思 |
[01:25] | And a friend who’s a good friend might say, “Well…” | 新鲜的言语 新鲜的口气 |
[01:26] | Hi, Louis. I feel like | 嘿 路易斯 |
[01:28] | you’re falling behind on some things. | 我觉得 你有些事做得不太好 |
[01:29] | Uh-oh, like what? | -比如? -首先是草坪 |
[01:31] | The lawn, for starters. | -比如? -首先是草坪 |
[01:33] | I literally mowed it yesterday. And fertilized. | 我昨天确实除过草了 |
[01:35] | It’s thriving. | 还施了肥 它们长得挺好的 |
[01:36] | Well, Cattleman’s is a mess. | 牛仔牧场餐厅状况可不好 |
[01:38] | How do you figure that? | 怎么会这么想? |
[01:39] | We just posted another month of profits. | 我们刚公布了最新的月利润 |
[01:41] | We might even be able to stop charging for bread. | 我们甚至还有可能不收面包的钱呢 |
[01:44] | [ Remote clicks ] …advice to borrowers… | |
[01:46] | [ Sighs ] Well, you’ve let yourself go! | 你已经自我放弃了 |
[01:47] | Alright, no idea what that means. | 行吧 听不懂你的意思 |
[01:49] | It means this belly-shelf of yours troubles me. | 我是说 |
[01:53] | ** | 你的大肚腩看着很烦 |
[01:55] | [ Breathes deeply ] | |
[01:58] | This has been nice. | 算你厉害 |
[02:00] | [ Birds chirping ] | |
[02:02] | Thanks for letting me stop by, Honey. | 哈妮 |
[02:04] | Little intense at my place. | 谢谢你让我过来待着 我家有点儿压抑 |
[02:06] | [ Maria coos ] | |
[02:07] | Hi, Maria. | 玛莉亚 你好呀 |
[02:09] | Can you wave to godfather Louis? | 你能跟路易斯教父挥挥手吗? |
[02:11] | Eh? | |
[02:12] | No? Okay. | 不要?好吧 |
[02:14] | What an angel. [ Chuckles ] | 多可爱的小天使 |
[02:15] | Marvin at work? Yep. | 马尔文在工作吗? |
[02:17] | “Molar Mondays,” as he’s been calling them… | 是的 他管今天叫“臼齿周一” |
[02:20] | often. | 经常说 |
[02:21] | Can I get you anything? | 要给你拿点儿什么吗?零食?饮料? |
[02:22] | A snack? Drink? | |
[02:24] | I wish I could, but it’s been brought to my attention | 我也想 但我的一生挚爱提醒我 |
[02:26] | by the love of my life that I’ve chunked out. | 我的身材已经大走样了 |
[02:28] | I totally get it. | 完全理解 |
[02:30] | I haven’t been able to lose the last of my baby weight, | 不论我多努力都没办法减掉 |
[02:32] | no matter how hard I try. | 怀孕长的肉 |
[02:34] | How did Jessica deal with all this? | 洁西卡当时是怎么减肥的? |
[02:36] | Well, she defied every law of human physics | 她违反自然规律 |
[02:38] | and snapped back to Peak Jessica almost instantly. | 几乎生完就恢复到最佳状态了 |
[02:41] | She truly is a unicorn. Hm. | 她真是头独角兽 |
[02:43] | A unicorn with a sharp horn and lots of thoughts. | 有着犀利犄角和很多想法的独角兽 |
[02:45] | My three-month checkup is this week, | 我这周要去做产后三个月的检查 |
[02:47] | and I am dreading stepping on that scale. | 我太害怕站上那台秤了 |
[02:50] | Those results go on my permanent record. | 那个结果要永远跟着我啊 |
[02:52] | What we both need | 我们都需要有人帮我们制定健身计划 |
[02:54] | is someone who could help get us on a fitness routine. | |
[02:56] | Hey, we should be workout buddies. | 嘿 |
[02:58] | There’s this new Step Aerobics class — | 我们就可以搭伙啊 新开了踏板舞的课程… |
[02:59] | I love it. I’m in. I heard it’s an amazing workout, | 我喜欢 我要去 我听说那种锻炼很棒 |
[03:02] | especially for people like us who live in ranch houses | 尤其对我们这种住平房的人来说 |
[03:04] | and don’t often experience the fat-burning power of stairs. | 没什么机会通过经常走楼梯燃烧脂肪 东奥兰多高中 |
[03:08] | Mrs. Norwall’s gotta be the worst English teacher ever. | 劳威尔夫人肯定是最糟糕的英语老师 |
[03:11] | This reading syllabus of hers — awful. | 这个阅读大纲就是她的吧?太可怕了 |
[03:13] | I can’t handle any more of these “Canterbury Tales,” man. | 兄弟 我再也受不了 《坎特伯雷故事集》了 |
[03:16] | All my dreams take place on horseback now. | 我现在做梦都全是在马背上 |
[03:19] | Sometimes I’m the horse. | 有时候 我就是那匹马 |
[03:21] | 24 stories, 17,000 lines, | 24个故事 |
[03:23] | all in Middle English. | 17000行 |
[03:25] | It’s too much. | 全是中世纪英语 真是够了 |
[03:27] | Oh. What’s Principal Mathis doing here? | 玛缇丝校长来干嘛? |
[03:29] | Hello, students. | 同学们好 |
[03:30] | Mrs. Norwall won’t be coming in today. | 劳威尔夫人今天不来了 |
[03:31] | In fact, she will be out for quite a while. | 她得外出一段时间 |
[03:33] | Did she bore herself to death with her own reading list? | 她是被自己的阅读清单无聊死了吗? |
[03:35] | [ Laughter ] | |
[03:37] | She shattered her collarbone. Oh. | 她锁骨摔断了 |
[03:40] | Apparently, her flag football league | 很显然 |
[03:41] | plays for keeps near the goal line. | 她支持的橄榄球队 还在边线上认真比赛 |
[03:43] | [ Sighs ] Anyway, I wanted to introduce | 不管怎样 让我先介绍一下 |
[03:44] | your new substitute teacher, Mr. Grant. | 你们的代课老师 格兰特先生 |
[03:47] | This is awesome! Subs are the best. | 太棒了 |
[03:49] | All they do is show movies. Perfect timing | 代课老师最爽了 他们老放电影 |
[03:51] | ’cause my mom just got us banned from Blockbuster again. | 时机完美 我妈刚不准 我去百视达看电影 |
[03:53] | [ Indistinct conversations ] | |
[03:55] | Everybody, listen up! [ Conversations stop ] | 大家听好 |
[03:57] | Let’s get something out of the way right now. | 现在说一下我上课的要求 |
[03:59] | There will be no screwing around in here whatsoever — | 不许在课堂上搞什么乱七八糟的 |
[04:02] | no movies, no naps, no staring out the window | 不许看电影 不许睡觉 不许盯着窗外 |
[04:05] | wishing you were running through a field of barley. | 幻想自己在大麦田上奔跑穿梭 |
[04:07] | This is a school. | 这是学校 |
[04:09] | And while I’m your teacher, you are going to learn. | 我是你们的老师 你们是来学习的 |
[04:11] | This is all very terrible. | 这可太糟了 |
[04:13] | So, everyone, please take out your syllabus. | 大家把教学提纲拿出来 |
[04:14] | [ Students grumbling ] That’s right. | 对 |
[04:16] | And throw it in the trash. | 然后扔进垃圾桶 |
[04:18] | Now get out of your chairs and follow me outside | 现在站起来 跟我去外面 |
[04:19] | because today the world is our classroom. | 今天 |
[04:22] | [ Claps, chuckles ] | |
[04:23] | -Whoo! -[ Laughs ] ** | 外面的世界就是我们的教室 |
[04:25] | [ Laughter ] | |
[04:30] | You think Mom saw us sneak in here? | -你觉得妈妈发现我们溜进来了吗? -希望没有 |
[04:32] | I hope not. Without a job to keep her busy, | 她没什么工作忙 就像老鹰一样盯着我们 |
[04:33] | she’s on us like a hawk. Mm. | 不要像懦夫一样躲起来… 面对她 有我挺你们呢 |
[04:41] | [ Door opens ] | |
[04:43] | What are you two doing here? | 你们两个在这干什么? |
[04:44] | It looks like loitering… [ Snoring ] | 好像在这闲着呢 |
[04:46] | …which is bad. | 这样不好 |
[04:47] | We were, uh, just about to… | 我们正打算 |
[04:50] | refurbish Grandma’s nightstand. | 给奶奶的床头柜翻个新 |
[04:52] | Is your homework done? | -你们作业做完了吗? |
[04:54] | Our homework’s always done. | -我们的作业从来都没落下过 |
[04:55] | [ Sighs ] Perfect answer, Evan. | 真是完美的答案 |
[04:58] | Carry on. | 艾文 你们继续吧 |
[05:00] | “Refurbish Grandma’s nightstand”? | “给奶奶的床头柜翻个新” |
[05:02] | Why would you say that? We’re not woodworkers. | 你干嘛那么说? |
[05:04] | I panicked. But don’t worry. | -我们又不是木工 -我一时着急 |
[05:06] | It’s not like we actually have to do it. | 别担心 又不是真的要做 是的 你要做 现在我有希望了 |
[05:11] | Morning, Grandma. | 奶奶 早上好啊 |
[05:14] | Let’s get this over with. | 我们动手吧 |
[05:21] | Ah! I got a splinter. | 我手上有根刺 |
[05:23] | Grab some tweezers and pull it out. No way. | 找个夹子拔掉吧 |
[05:25] | I can’t operate on myself. | 不行 我怎么治疗我自己 |
[05:26] | Fine. I’ll do it. | 行吧 我来 |
[05:28] | Uh, I don’t know. | 不好吧 |
[05:30] | Emery, I’m a future doctor-president, | 艾默利 我可是未来的大医生 |
[05:32] | so I’m gonna pull out that splinter. | 我现在帮你把刺拔出来 |
[05:34] | And then 30 years from now, | 30年之后 |
[05:36] | I’ll pardon you for ever doubting me. ** | 我再原谅你对我的质疑 |
[05:40] | [ Indistinct conversations ] | |
[05:42] | I mean, I can see why this class is so popular. | 我知道这个课为什么流行了 |
[05:45] | Everybody here is shredded. | 这里的每一个人都好瘦 |
[05:47] | One might say this is | 这是我们向着伟大目标 |
[05:48] | our first big step in the right direction. | 迈出的第一步 |
[05:51] | [ Intense music plays ] Dax: Are you ready to push your bodies | 准备好燃烧自己的身体了吗? |
[05:53] | to the max?! [ Cheers and applause ] | |
[05:55] | Let’s step! | 开始吧! |
[05:57] | ** | |
[05:59] | March it out! | 预备 |
[05:59] | ** | |
[06:03] | Right foot! Touch! | 右脚 踏 |
[06:06] | Step! Touch! | 跨步 踏 |
[06:07] | Heel…digs…right…here. | 脚后跟踩下去 没有错 |
[06:11] | Corner knee, single lunge! | 屈膝 单侧 |
[06:14] | Let’s go now. Boom, boom, straddle. | 我们一起来 |
[06:16] | Knees up! Knees up! | 劈腿 抬膝盖 |
[06:18] | [ Rhythmic stomping ] | |
[06:22] | [ Breathless ] I’m…fading. | 我要不行了 |
[06:24] | What is this place?! | 这是什么地方? |
[06:25] | I think I’m gonna vomit. We need to go. | 我要吐了 我们走吧 |
[06:27] | [ Groans ] | |
[06:29] | Hey, there’s no quitting in Step! | 嘿 你们两个不能逃跑 |
[06:31] | -We’re sorry! -Go to hell! | -抱歉了 -滚吧! |
[06:34] | So, Jenny, I was going over the phone bill. | 洁妮 我看了下电话账单… |
[06:38] | [ Snores ] [ Door opens, closes ] | |
[06:40] | Whoa. Where are you rushing off to? | -这么急去哪儿啊? |
[06:41] | To write my English essay. | -去写英语作文啊 |
[06:43] | I’ve never seen you get home and rush to do schoolwork. | 我从没见你着急回家是为了写作业 |
[06:45] | I got a new substitute teacher today, | 今天我们来了个新的代课老师 |
[06:47] | and I want to impress him. | 我想给他留个好印象 |
[06:48] | [ Bitterly ] Substitutes. | 代课老师 |
[06:50] | As if three months off isn’t enough vacation already. | 三个月的假原来的老师都不够休啊 |
[06:52] | He says if it’s not clear you care about your subject, | 他说如果我们不认真对待 |
[06:54] | we have to write another one. | 就得重写 |
[06:56] | [ Normal voice ] Homework and consequences? | 写作业还有惩罚? |
[06:58] | Mr. Grant is the first teacher who actually inspires me. | 格兰特先生是第一个 |
[07:01] | Wow! | 真正鼓舞到我的老师 |
[07:02] | Okay, well, what “Canterbury Tale” | 那他布置了《坎特伯雷故事集》 |
[07:04] | did he assign you? The one with the knight? | 的哪一篇? 讲骑士的那篇吗? |
[07:06] | The British are always ramrodding knights into everything. | 英国人老是喜欢解析骑士那套东西 |
[07:08] | That’s the best part! | 最棒的部分就在这! |
[07:10] | Mr. Grant lets us choose our own essay topics. | 格兰特先生让我们自选题目 |
[07:12] | I’m doing mine on cereal. Cereal? | -我打算写关于麦片的 -麦片? |
[07:14] | What about your syllabus? | -那你们的教学大纲呢? |
[07:16] | Mr. Grant had us throw those away. | -格兰特先生让我们扔了 |
[07:18] | [ Gasps ] | |
[07:20] | [ Snoring ] | |
[07:24] | You can quit pretending to be asleep, Jenny. | 洁妮 别装睡了 |
[07:27] | Your calls to the Nintendo Hotline | 我在也不会帮你给任天堂打电话了 |
[07:28] | are no longer my concern. | 我是不会停下来的…直到有人告诉我 为什么马里奥浣熊可以飞 |
[07:41] | [ Door opens ] | |
[07:42] | [ Sighs ] | |
[07:46] | Excuse me, modern janitor. Have you seen Mr. Grant? | 你好 保安师傅 你知道格兰特先生 在哪儿吗? |
[07:51] | Hi. I’m Mr. Grant. | 你好 |
[07:54] | [ Chuckling ] Oh. Oh, my mistake. | 我就是格兰特 抱歉 |
[07:57] | I-I didn’t expect, uh… | 我没想到… |
[08:00] | Ha ha. I’m Eddie’s mother. | 我是艾迪的妈妈 |
[08:02] | Oh. I know — “so young.” | 我知道你想说 “你看起来很年轻”之类的 |
[08:05] | He’s one of your students | 艾迪是您的学生 |
[08:06] | who you’re allowing to slack off. | 但现在状态好像有点放松 |
[08:08] | I’m sorry, but I-I don’t understand. | 抱歉 我不明白你什么意思 |
[08:10] | I know what you’re up to. | 我知道你的算盘 |
[08:12] | All you teachers are the same. | 你们老师都这样 |
[08:13] | You want the least amount of work | 你们都想做最少的工作 |
[08:15] | for the most amount of pay. | 拿最多的工资 |
[08:17] | Letting the students decide their essay topics? | 让学生自己选文章题目? |
[08:20] | You’re gonna let them grade them, too? | 你怎么不让他们自己打分呢? |
[08:21] | Oh, no grades on the first draft. | 初稿我不打分的 |
[08:23] | [ Dramatic chord plays ] No grades? | 不打分? |
[08:24] | Not until they get a sense of what I expect. | 他们写到我预期的水准之前 我是不打分的 |
[08:26] | Well, I expect my son’s curriculum to be taken seriously. | 我希望我儿子的学习能被认真对待 |
[08:30] | That syllabus is preparing him for his college-entry exams. | 教学大纲是专门为他考大学设计的 |
[08:34] | Mrs. Huang, I can assure you Eddie is learning a lot. | 黄太太 我向你保证 艾迪掌握了很多知识 |
[08:37] | You’re more than welcome to stay | 欢迎你常来学校参观我们的教学 |
[08:38] | and absorb what we do in here. | |
[08:40] | I see your bluff… | 吓唬我呢 |
[08:42] | and I call. [ Bell rings ] | 走着瞧 |
[08:44] | ** | 通常 |
[08:49] | Uh, usually observers sit in the back. | 家长会坐在后面 |
[08:54] | Okay. | 行 |
[08:58] | Mom? What are you doing here? | 妈?你来干嘛? |
[09:00] | I’m “absorbing.” | 来“参观” |
[09:03] | Curveballs are a part of life, Eddie. | 艾迪 无常本身就是生活的一部分 |
[09:05] | The sooner you learn to adjust to them, | 你越快适应 |
[09:06] | the better off you’ll be. | 就能成为越优秀的人 |
[09:07] | Speaking of which… curveball! | 说到…无常 |
[09:10] | Lights out today. | 我们今天把灯关了吧 |
[09:12] | [ High-pitched voice ] “But, Mr. Grant, | “格兰特先生 |
[09:14] | oh, how are we supposed to read and write in the dark?” | 灯关了 我们怎么看书写字呢?” |
[09:16] | [ Normal voice ] By using the original pen and paper — | 用最原始的纸笔 |
[09:19] | your imagination. | 也就是你们的想象力 |
[09:20] | Nope! | 不行 |
[09:21] | ** | |
[09:25] | And the curveballs continue. | 无常持续发生 |
[09:27] | [ Doorbell rings ] | |
[09:29] | [ Gasps ] Louis, | 路易斯 |
[09:30] | I think I found our next fitness class. [ Sighs ] Good, | 我找到我们下一堂健身课了 |
[09:33] | because that Step class straight-up ruined me. | 那就好 那个踏步舞课差点把我送走 |
[09:35] | Ugh. It’s been a full day, and I’m still dehydrated. | 都一整天了 |
[09:37] | Yeah. [ Gulping loudly ] | 我还在脱水 |
[09:40] | Check this out. | 看这个 |
[09:41] | It’s a workout designed specifically for new parents. | 这是专为初为父母的人群设计的 |
[09:44] | Honey, this is great. [ Chuckles ] | 哈妮 太棒了 |
[09:46] | Hmm. | 想运动吗?加入我们婴儿车竞走吧! |
[09:48] | Not a lot of men in this photo. | 照片上好像没什么男的 |
[09:49] | Yes, about that — it’s mostly moms. | 是的 好像大部分都是妈妈 |
[09:52] | It’s — Mm, it’s all moms, | 全都是妈妈 |
[09:54] | but I see no reason you can’t come. | 但也不代表你不能参加啊 |
[09:56] | I have always seen myself as a bit of a trailblazer. | 我一直觉得自己是个 挺有开拓精神的人 |
[10:00] | I don’t wear socks to work. | 我工作都不穿袜子的 |
[10:01] | Oh. Mm-hmm. | |
[10:03] | [ Both chuckle ] | |
[10:04] | [ Gulping loudly ] | |
[10:08] | So, then he cuts the lights | 然后他就把灯关了 |
[10:10] | and starts telling stories in the dark. | 在一片黑暗中开始讲故事 |
[10:13] | What’s next? Earplugs in music class? | 然后呢 带着耳塞的音乐课? |
[10:15] | You started a petition last year to cut our music program. | 您去年就发起过取消音乐课的请愿 |
[10:18] | And now I am asking you to cut Mr. Grant. | 现在我希望你们开除格兰特先生 |
[10:21] | Kick that bum to the curb. | 让那个疯子滚回路边 |
[10:22] | Mrs. Huang… [ Chuckles ] | 黄太太… |
[10:24] | normally when I walk by a sub’s classroom, | 通常我经过代课老师在上课的教室 |
[10:26] | I hear one of two things — screaming or snoring. | 我只能听到两种声音 大叫声和呼噜声 |
[10:30] | His students are actually paying attention. | 格兰特的学生注意力却都很集中 |
[10:32] | He is not going anywhere until Mrs. Norwall returns. | 他会继续任教 直到劳威尔老师回来 |
[10:37] | [ Pounding on door ] | |
[10:41] | Come on, Norwall! | 劳威尔开门啊!我是个担心孩子 |
[10:42] | I’m a concerned parent, and you’re needed at school! | 的家长 你需要回到学校去 |
[10:45] | [ Doorknob rattling ] | |
[10:47] | [ Groans ] | |
[10:51] | You’ve been knocking for so long. | 你敲门好久了 |
[10:54] | We need you back at school teaching your syllabus. | 我们需要你回学校按照教学大纲上课 |
[10:57] | Your replacement isn’t getting it done. | 帮你代课的老师不太行 |
[10:59] | I have physical therapy twice a day, | 我每天都要做两次物理治疗 |
[11:01] | and when I cough, I cry from pain. | 咳嗽的时候疼得想哭 |
[11:04] | Well, some people say work is the best medicine. | 有人说工作是良药 |
[11:09] | Fine. I’ll need a copy of your syllabus. | 行吧 我想复印一份你的教学大纲 |
[11:12] | Printer’s running low. | 打印机快没墨了 |
[11:13] | I’d have to drive to the store for toner. | 我得开车去买 |
[11:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:17] | ** | |
[11:21] | Extraction time. | -拔刺时间到 |
[11:22] | I need you to practice. | -我觉得你得先练习一下 |
[11:27] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是吧 |
[11:28] | Once you break the skin, there’s no turning back. | 你把皮肤挑破之后就不能反悔了 |
[11:31] | You’re a difficult patient. You know that? | 你是个难缠的病人 |
[11:35] | [ Sighs ] | |
[11:37] | [ Buzz ] Come on. | 你知道吗? |
[11:38] | You just basically lacerated my kidney. | 看吧 你这就是在搞坏我的肾 |
[11:41] | [ Sighs ] Give me those. | 给我吧 |
[11:43] | There. I got it. | -看 |
[11:45] | Oh, really? | 我搞定了 -是吗? |
[11:46] | Did you know this thing is also a lie detector? | 你知道这个东西还能测谎吗? |
[11:49] | [ Buzzing ] | |
[11:53] | How’s Evan’s old stroller feel, Louis? [ Chuckles ] | 路易斯 艾文小时候的婴儿车 是什么样的? |
[11:56] | You getting that muscle memory back? Feels good. | 你是不是都有肌肉记忆了? |
[11:58] | And thanks for agreeing to stop at the grocery store. | 感觉不错 谢谢你跟我一起去杂货店 |
[12:00] | This healthy cargo will help trim my waistline | 这车健康食物有利于我瘦腰 |
[12:02] | from both the outside and inside. | 里里外外都是 |
[12:04] | [ Chuckles ] | |
[12:05] | Hey, everyone! | 大家好! |
[12:07] | Thank you so much for welcoming us to your group. | 谢谢你们让我们加入 |
[12:09] | I’m Honey, and this is my daughter, Maria. | 我是哈妮 这是我的女儿玛莉亚 |
[12:11] | -Aww! | -Aww! |
[12:13] | I’m Louis, the godfather, | 我是路易斯 |
[12:14] | and this is my produce. | 玛莉亚的教父 这是我的行头 |
[12:16] | [ Laughter ] | |
[12:18] | I am so excited to be here and make this hour count. | 我好开心能加入你们 一起享受运动 |
[12:21] | God knows if I don’t get Maria back home in time for her nap… | 天知道如果我不在玛莉亚的 |
[12:24] | -Oh. Yeah. -Mm-hmm. | 睡觉时间及时带她回家… |
[12:26] | Are we gonna get started soon? | 我们会尽快开始吗? |
[12:27] | I really want to get a sweat going today. | 我今天真的很想出汗 |
[12:29] | Of course! | 当然了 |
[12:31] | We just need to sing “The Hello Song” first. | 我们只需要 先唱一下“你好”歌 |
[12:33] | It’s a little tune to make sure | 一小段歌 |
[12:34] | that everyone feels welcome and safe. | 让每个人都有 被欢迎的感觉和安全感 |
[12:37] | Ladies, time to sing “Hello”! | 女士们 我们一起唱“你好”歌 |
[12:39] | Together: * Hello, Honey | 你好 |
[12:41] | * Hello, Honey | 哈妮 |
[12:43] | * Hello, Honey | 你好 |
[12:45] | * It’s nice to see you today | 哈妮 |
[12:47] | Oh, well — | 今天见到你真开心 |
[12:48] | * Hello, Maria | 你好 |
[12:50] | * Hello, Maria | 玛莉亚 |
[12:51] | * Hello, Maria | 你好 |
[12:53] | * It’s nice to see you… | 玛莉亚 今天见到你真开心 |
[12:54] | * Hello, Bernadette | 15分钟后 |
[12:55] | * Hello, Bernadette | 你好 |
[12:57] | * It’s nice to see you today | 伯纳黛特 今天见到你真开心 |
[12:59] | Great! We have sung hello | 太好了!我们已经给所有的妈妈和 |
[13:01] | to all the moms and their babies. I’m….pretty sure | 宝宝都唱过“你好”歌了 |
[13:03] | we sung hello to Debra twice, but who’s counting? | 我确定我们给戴布拉唱了两次 但又有谁会数呢? |
[13:05] | So, let’s, uh — let’s get our exercise on! | 那我们开始运动吧 |
[13:08] | Ooh, not so fast, Honey. | 哈妮 |
[13:09] | There’s one guest left to go. | 没这么快 还有一位客人呢 |
[13:11] | [ Chuckles ] I knew if I just stayed patient, you’d sing me. | 我就知道只要我耐心等着 你就会给我唱 |
[13:13] | Together: * Hello, Louis | 你好 |
[13:15] | * Hello, Louis | 路易斯 |
[13:17] | S-S-Stop singing! Stop singing hello! [ Singing stops ] | 别唱了 别唱“你好”了 |
[13:19] | Class is half over. We haven’t taken a single strut. | 上课时间都过了一半了 我们还没开始 |
[13:22] | This class stinks. | 这课太糟糕了 |
[13:27] | * It’s nice to see me today * | 今天见到你们很开心 |
[13:31] | ** How do you have Mrs. Norwall’s syllabus? | 你怎么拿到劳威尔老师的教学大纲? |
[13:37] | A magician never reveals her secrets. | 魔术师从不揭秘 |
[13:39] | I drove to her house. | 我开车去了她家 |
[13:41] | I’m not reading any more “Canterbury Tales,” Mom. | 妈妈 我不会再读 《坎特伯雷故事集》了 |
[13:43] | I don’t care about these boring stories. | 我不在乎这些无聊的故事 |
[13:45] | You don’t have to care. | 你不用在乎啊 |
[13:47] | You just need to learn them for your college-entry exams. | 你只用学习 为高考做准备 |
[13:50] | Mr. Grant says the idea | 格兰特先生说 |
[13:51] | that everyone must go to college to lead a successful life | 每个人必须上大学 |
[13:54] | is a total myth. | 才能有个成功人生的说法 很荒谬 |
[13:55] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[13:57] | I’m just saying, maybe I don’t go to college. | 我是说 也许我不上大学了 艾迪 你得上大学 |
[13:59] | [ Dramatic chord plays ] | |
[14:04] | Eddie, you are going to college! | 也可能不去 我们不用今天决定 |
[14:05] | Or maybe I’m not. | 也可能不去 |
[14:06] | We don’t have to decide today. | 我们不用今天决定 |
[14:08] | [ Sighs ] | |
[14:09] | I knew it. You’re sick. | 我就知道 你病了 |
[14:11] | I’m not sick. I feel awesome. | 我没病 我感觉很好 |
[14:13] | Oh, you’re sick all right. | 你完全病了 |
[14:14] | Sick with a case of “Mr. Grant Fever”. | 你患了格兰特先生的狂热病 |
[14:17] | Symptoms include defying your mother | 症状包括反抗自己的妈妈 |
[14:19] | and talking about not going to college. | 还有声称不上大学了 |
[14:21] | You’re staying home. What? | 你必须在家待着 |
[14:23] | You can’t keep me from going to school. | 什么?你不能禁止我去学校 |
[14:25] | If Mr. Grant won’t follow | 如果格兰特先生不能按照 |
[14:26] | the standard lesson plan, then I will. | 标准课表上课 那我来教 |
[14:28] | You’re gonna be my English teacher? That’s correct. | -你要当我的英语老师? -是的 |
[14:31] | We’ll take it one “Canterbury Tale” at a time. | 我们一次读一个 《坎特伯雷故事集》 里的故事 |
[14:35] | Looks like today you’re reading “The Friar’s Tale.” | 今天要读的是“修道士的故事” |
[14:39] | For your essay, | 你的作文可以写羊毛披风 |
[14:40] | maybe write about woolen cloaks. | |
[14:42] | All friars wore them, but why? | 修道士为什么都穿它呢? |
[14:45] | Fine, but I’m doing this in my room. ** | 行!但我要回房间写 |
[14:48] | [ Dish clatters ] | |
[14:52] | You know what? This is fine. | 没事的 |
[14:54] | I’ll just write left-handed today. | 我今天用左手写字就行 |
[14:56] | Oh, I see. [ Door slams ] | 我明白了 |
[14:57] | You trust an oven mitt more than me. | 相比于我 你更信任隔热手套 |
[14:59] | Well, can’t wait for it to help you | 等不及看它帮你 |
[15:00] | pick out a tux for your wedding. | 挑选结婚礼服的样子了 够了! |
[15:03] | Emery. | 艾默利 你咬着这个木勺… 给我看看你的手指 |
[15:16] | ** | 我们要用老办法 把这个刺拿掉 就像从前人碰到困难的事情一样 |
[15:18] | Let’s do this. I trust you. | 来吧 我相信你 |
[15:21] | Now we’re talking. Scrubbin’ in. | 这就对了 |
[15:23] | ** | 我来了 |
[15:25] | Got it. | 好了 |
[15:27] | Thanks, Evan. I barely felt that. | 谢谢你 艾文 我几乎没有感觉 |
[15:30] | Of course you didn’t. I’m a pro. | 当然没有了 |
[15:33] | ** | 我很专业的 |
[15:36] | Eddie, open up. | 艾迪 开门 |
[15:38] | It turns out I assigned you the wrong story. | 我发现作业布置错了 |
[15:40] | You should actually be reading “The Franklin’s Tale,” | 你应该读的是“富兰克林的故事” |
[15:43] | not “The Friar’s.” | 不是“修道士” |
[15:45] | “Franklin’s.” | 是“富兰克林” |
[15:48] | [ Knock on door ] Eddie? ** | 艾迪? |
[15:52] | [ Gasps ] | |
[15:55] | A reverse-ditch! | 他反将我一军 |
[15:57] | ** | |
[15:59] | [ Knock on door ] | |
[16:01] | Hey, Honey, just checking in. | 嘿 |
[16:03] | Whoa. | 哈妮 我来看看 |
[16:04] | That is a big cup of cola. | 好大一杯可乐 |
[16:06] | Yeah, well, I mean, what’s the point? | 有什么大不了的? |
[16:08] | I’ll never get to exercise again. | 反正我再也不运动了 |
[16:10] | I’m sorry Stroller Strut didn’t work out. | 婴儿车竞走没成功 |
[16:13] | Oh, no, it’s not even that. | 我很抱歉 不是因为那个 |
[16:16] | I just miss all the little things | 我只是很想念生活中那些 |
[16:17] | that have always made me feel like myself. | 能让我感受到我自己的小事情 |
[16:20] | Jogging, reading, | 慢跑、读书、尿尿 |
[16:21] | peeing without having a baby staring back at me. | 我是说没有婴儿 在旁边盯着我的那种尿尿 |
[16:24] | You just want to get back to the old you. | 你只是想做回曾经的你 |
[16:26] | Exactly. Well, she’s dead. | -是的 -她已经死了 |
[16:28] | What I mean is, I’ve never been a mom, | 我是说 我没做过妈妈 |
[16:31] | but I remember how chaotic it was after Eddie was born. | 但我记得艾迪出生后一切都很混乱 |
[16:35] | It caused a lot of my old priorities | 我没时间做以前最首要的事情了 |
[16:37] | to fall by the wayside, but it also made room | 但这同时给了我机会体会 |
[16:40] | for all sorts of great, new ones I never expected. | 很多前所未有的新事物 |
[16:43] | I am a way safer driver. [ Chuckles ] | 我现在开车比以前小心很多 |
[16:46] | I had to quit my Tuesday night bowling league | 我必须退出周二晚上的保龄球社团 |
[16:48] | because that’s when Evan’s debate team competes, | 因为那是艾文辩论队的比赛时间 |
[16:50] | and I didn’t want to miss that. | 我不想错过 |
[16:51] | That’s probably how I got this belly-shelf. | 那可能也是我肚子变大的原因 |
[16:53] | Well, bowling isn’t really exercise. | -保龄球不算运动吧 |
[16:55] | It is the way we bowl. | -按照我们的打球方式 算运动 |
[16:57] | So, yes, you might miss the “old you,” | 所以 你可能确实会想念过去的自己 |
[16:59] | but I think you’ll find | 但我觉得你也有可能会喜欢 |
[17:01] | the “new you” is awesome, too. | 这个崭新的自己 |
[17:03] | I guess I’ve spent so much time | 我想我可能花了太多时间 |
[17:05] | focusing on what in my life is ending, | 关注我失去的东西 |
[17:07] | I really haven’t thought about everything that’s beginning. | 并没有好好想想我都得到了什么 |
[17:09] | I did the same thing. | 我也是 |
[17:11] | But trust me — what’s beginning is great. | 相信我 未来会很好的 |
[17:14] | Thanks, Louis. You’re welcome. [ Chuckles ] | -谢谢你 路易斯 -不客气 |
[17:18] | Also, if I had to do it again, | 补充一句 |
[17:19] | I wouldn’t have said you were dead. | 如果再来一次 我不会说以前的你死了 |
[17:21] | I came in a little hot. It was for effect. | 我有点儿激动 |
[17:22] | ** | 只是加重一下语气 |
[17:30] | Um…yes? | 怎么了? |
[17:32] | Why are you trying to destroy my son’s future? | 你为什么要毁了我儿子的未来? |
[17:36] | Mrs. Huang, I’m not sure why you would say that. | 黄太太 |
[17:38] | Eddie’s doing great. Yes. | 我不知道你为什么这么说 艾迪的表现很好 |
[17:40] | He’s doing great at not following his old lesson plan, | 是的 他在不遵循以前的课纲方面 表现得很好 |
[17:43] | so when he arrives today, | 所以等他今天到学校 |
[17:44] | I’m taking him home to teach it myself. | 我要带他回家自己教 |
[17:46] | You know, I understand | 我理解你让他 |
[17:48] | why you want him to read those stories and write those essays. | 读那些故事 写那些文章的原因 |
[17:51] | It’s a necessary skill. | 那是必备技能 |
[17:53] | I actually was just reading a student paper | 我之前读了一个学生 |
[17:55] | on British culture earlier. | 关于英国文化的文章 |
[17:58] | “It is that generational focus on casual pleasantries | “正是世世代代对非正式礼仪的关注 |
[18:01] | that has influenced the way people interact | “影响了人们在各种情况下 |
[18:03] | across a myriad of situations, | 的交流方式 |
[18:04] | no matter what they may confront in the day ahead.” | “无论他们即将面对什么情况” |
[18:07] | See, now, that sounds pretty good. | 看 写得不错啊 |
[18:09] | As a former author, I would know. | 作为曾经的作家 我能判断 |
[18:12] | Well, I’m glad you think so | 很高兴你这么说 |
[18:13] | because Eddie wrote this. | 因为这是艾迪写的 |
[18:15] | No. Eddie wrote his paper on cereal. | 不 艾迪的文章是关于燕麦的 |
[18:17] | “And that concludes my theory | “以上观点包含了我对 |
[18:18] | of how the British phrase ‘Cheerio’ | 英式短语‘再见’的理解 |
[18:20] | inspired the name of one of my favorite cereals.” | “我最爱的麦片给了我灵感“ |
[18:23] | He did such a great job | 他写得很好 |
[18:25] | because he wrote about something he felt excited about. | 他写的是他真正关心的东西 |
[18:28] | And that’s gonna give him confidence come test time, | 这会让他在考试的时候有自信 |
[18:30] | no matter the subject. | 不论考的是什么 |
[18:31] | Okay, but that doesn’t explain class in the dark | 好吧 但这也不能成为在黑暗中上课 |
[18:34] | or saying that college might not be for everyone. | 或者告诉他不是所有人 都适合上大学的理由 |
[18:37] | My goal is for students to discover their true passion | 我的目标是让学生们 找到自己真正热爱的东西 |
[18:40] | so they don’t find themselves staring at the ceiling one day, | 让他们不会某天抬头盯着天花板 |
[18:42] | wondering what they’re gonna do with their lives. | 发现自己不知道该做什么 |
[18:46] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[18:48] | It is important to find your passion. | 寻找到自己热爱的东西很重要 |
[18:52] | You’re a good teacher, Mr. Grant. | 格兰特先生 你是位好老师 |
[18:54] | I am glad Eddie is your student. | 很开心艾迪是你的学生 |
[18:57] | Well, I learn as much from them as they do from me. | 我从他们身上也学到了很多 |
[18:58] | Don’t ruin this. Sorry. | -别煽情 -抱歉 棕榈医疗中心 |
[19:02] | [ Scale creaks ] | |
[19:05] | So, Doc, about these few extra pounds | 医生 |
[19:07] | I can’t seem to lose — | 关于那几斤我减不下去的肉… |
[19:09] | This is America. We have a pill for this, right? | 这里是美国 我们应该有 针对这个的药吧? |
[19:12] | Maybe a little Fen-Phen? | 比如“芬芬减肥药”之类的? |
[19:13] | You are pregnant. | 你怀孕了 |
[19:15] | Right. I was pregnant, | 是的 |
[19:17] | and now I’m asking for a little Fen-Phen. | 我之前怀孕了 现在我想要一点减肥药 |
[19:19] | Is this an insurance issue? | 是保险的问题吗? |
[19:21] | ‘Cause if you don’t accept my plan, | 如果用不了我的保险 |
[19:23] | I think you’ll find out we’re also covered by | 我们可以用“绿盾“的保险 |
[19:26] | “Green Shield.” | |
[19:27] | Let’s start over. You are pregnant. | 再说一次 你怀孕了 |
[19:30] | Oh, my God. I’m pregnant. | 天哪 我怀孕了 |
[19:33] | I guess I’m gonna be the new me for a little bit longer, | 我还想做一段时间“新的我” |
[19:35] | and then I’m gonna be a newer new me. | 然后就能升级成“更新的我” |
[19:38] | Marvin, we’re having another baby! | 马尔文 我们又有宝宝了! |
[19:41] | [ Laughing ] Hot dog! | 太棒了!一年内出生的 |
[19:43] | Irish twins! | 爱尔兰双胞胎! |
[19:44] | As a child of Irish immigrants, | 作为爱尔兰移民的后代 |
[19:46] | I’m not the biggest fan of that term. | 我不是很喜欢这个说法 |
[19:48] | Well, you should be | 是吗?你应该喜欢呀 |
[19:49] | ’cause it means your countrymen are always having sex. | 因为这意味着你的同胞 永远都有性生活 |
[19:52] | [ Squeals ] [ Laughs ] | |
[19:57] | Crap. I ran too slow. | 天!我跑太慢了 |
[20:00] | [ Sighs ] You can’t stop me. | 你阻止不了我 我今天就要 |
[20:02] | I want to read my essay to the class today. | 在班上读我的文章 艾迪现在很酷 黄太太 |
[20:05] | You won’t be needing that, Eddie. | 艾迪 |
[20:07] | I spoke with Mr. Grant. | 不用这样了 我跟格兰特先生谈过了 |
[20:09] | I realized I’m quite lucky he’s your teacher. | 我发现有他做老师真的很幸运 |
[20:12] | I feel like this is a trick…or a trap… | 怎么感觉是个骗局 或者是什么陷阱 |
[20:14] | or a trick that leads me into a trap. | -或者是让我掉进陷阱的骗局 |
[20:15] | It’s neither. | -都不是 |
[20:17] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[20:18] | Whatever you choose to study, | 无论你要学什么 |
[20:19] | I want you to be passionate about it. | 我都希望你找到自己的热情所在 |
[20:21] | No matter the subject. | 不管学哪一科 |
[20:24] | And just so we’re clear, | 事先声明 |
[20:26] | you will be going to college, a good one. | 你还是得上大学 而且得是好大学 |
[20:27] | Right, Mom. I know. Totally. | 好了 妈妈 我都知道 |
[20:30] | Maybe I’ll major in nutritional engineering. | 也许我会主修营养工程学 |
[20:32] | Oh, engineering! Yeah! | -工程学! -是的 |
[20:34] | I’m thinking I could be a cereal inventor. | 我想我可以发明新麦片 |
[20:36] | And we’ll keep thinking because we don’t have to decide today. | 可以接着想 我们又不用今天就决定 |
[20:41] | Okay. Go. | 好了 去吧 |
[20:42] | ** | 我告诉玛缇丝校长 劳威尔太太应该 |
[20:49] | So, I told Principal Mathis that Mrs. Norwall | 在家休假一年 |
[20:50] | should keep her fragile bones at home all year. | 养骨伤 |
[20:52] | Her students are in great hands. | 她的学生有了好老师 |
[20:54] | You know, it sounds like your passion | 听起来你很热衷于孩子的教育 |
[20:55] | is your child’s education. | |
[20:57] | In fact, maybe teaching is something for you to explore. | 或许你可以尝试一下教育行业 |
[21:00] | Teacher? No. | 当老师吗?不要 |
[21:02] | I was already one of those. | 我已经是老师了 说来话长 |
[21:04] | Long story. We can skip it. | -可以跳过 -好 |
[21:06] | Great, because what I want to focus on | 因为我想把精力用来 |
[21:08] | is making sure all my kids’ teachers | 确认我所有孩子的老师们 |
[21:10] | are up to snuff, like Mr. Grant, | 都像格兰特先生一样有水准 |
[21:13] | which is why I have decided to enter the world | 所以我决定进入学校的管理层 |
[21:16] | of school administration. | |
[21:18] | Oh. | |
[21:19] | You mean like a principal? Exactly. | 你是说校长之类的? |
[21:22] | [ Breathes deeply ] | 没错 |
[21:24] | Teacher-boss. | 老师的老板 |