时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | – Hey. – Hi. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[00:08] | Pheebs, what’s wrong? | 菲比 出了什么事吗 |
[00:09] | I’m just so exhausted from dragging around | 戴着这个超大订婚戒指 |
[00:11] | this huge engagement ring. | 快要把我累死了 |
[00:13] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天啊 |
[00:14] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[00:16] | So did he get on one knee? | 他有没有跪下来 |
[00:17] | Did he have a speech prepared? | 他有准备求婚词吗 |
[00:19] | Oh, did he cry? | 噢 他有哭吗 |
[00:23] | Yeah, big surprise, I like proposals. | 没错 我喜欢求婚 很奇怪吗 |
[00:27] | Well, it was really sweet, | 实在是很温馨 |
[00:29] | and, like, the most romantic thing ever. | 是我人生中最浪漫的一刻 |
[00:31] | Here’s to Phoebe, | 嘿 我们来敬菲比 |
[00:33] | who’s found the greatest guy in the world. | 为了她找到世界上最好的男人干一杯 |
[00:35] | To Phoebe and– | 敬菲比和… |
[00:36] | I want to say “Mike”? | 应该是迈克吧 |
[00:39] | To Phoebe and Mike. | 敬菲比和迈克 |
[00:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[00:42] | Oh, and I have something for you. | 对了 我有点东西要给你 |
[00:45] | It’s my little black book. | 这是我的小黑本本 |
[00:46] | It’s got the numbers of all the guys I’ve dated. | 里面有我约会过所有男生的电话 |
[00:48] | Oh, Phoebe, that’s nice, | 噢 菲比 很谢谢你 |
[00:51] | but you know what? I think I’m okay. | 但我想我用不上了 |
[00:53] | Why don’t you just give it | 你还是把它送给你 |
[00:54] | to one of your other single girlfriends. | 其他独身的女性朋友吧 |
[00:55] | I would, but you’re the last one. | 我也想 但你是最后一个独身的了 |
[00:59] | Give me the book! | 那给我吧 |
[01:02] | “Pablo Diaz. | 巴布罗·迪亚斯 |
[01:04] | Brady Smith. | 布里迪·史密斯 |
[01:07] | Guy in Van”? | “开货车的男生” |
[01:09] | Oh, my first love. | 那是我的初恋 |
[01:12] | What is the red X next to | 巴伯·格里莫的名字旁边 |
[01:14] | Bob Gremore’s name mean? | 标着个红叉是什么意思 |
[01:16] | Dead. | 挂了 |
[01:19] | Oh, it’s okay. No, he was old. Yeah. | 没关系 他已经很老了 |
[01:22] | And he lived a full life. | 他经历相当丰富 |
[01:23] | He was in the first wave at Omaha Beach. | 奥马哈登陆 他第一波上去的 |
[01:27] | oh, I’m sorry. I should’ve given you guys my black book | 嘿 对不起 我结婚时也应该 |
[01:29] | when I got married. | 把我的电话本给你们男生的 |
[01:30] | Although, it wasn’t so much a book | 尽管那不算是电话本 |
[01:31] | as a napkin. | 只是一张皱皱的纸… |
[01:34] | With Janice’s phone number on it. | …上面写着珍妮斯的电话 |
[01:37] | Phoebe, isn’t Jethro Tull a band? | 菲比 杰思罗·塔尔不是一个乐队吗 |
[01:45] | Oh, yes, they are. | 没错 |
[01:53] | So no one told you life was gonna be this way | 没人告诉你生活会是这样 |
[01:58] | your jobs a joke, you’re broke, | 你滑稽的工作 你的差劲 |
[02:00] | your love life’s D.O.A. | 你半途而废的爱情 |
[02:03] | It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear, | 就像开车卡在二档 |
[02:08] | And it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month, | 每日每周每月 |
[02:11] | or even your year, but | 甚至每年都是如此 |
[02:13] | I’ll be there for you, | 大雨倾盆时 |
[02:17] | ’cause you’re there for me too. | 因为你也陪伴着我 |
[02:28] | Hey, honey. | 嘿 老婆 |
[02:30] | Hey, sweetie. | 嘿 老公 |
[02:32] | – Is Monica not here? – No. | -莫尼卡不在吗 -不在 |
[02:34] | Then I’ll tell you. | 那我先告诉你吧 |
[02:35] | My agency was bidding for a big account, and they got it. | 我们公司中标了一个大广告订单 |
[02:38] | It’s my first national commercial. | 这是我第一个跨国广告 |
[02:40] | Cool. | 酷 |
[02:40] | And I don’t want to brag, | 不是我吹牛 |
[02:41] | but a lot of the ideas were mine. | 但很多内容都是我构思出来的 |
[02:44] | Hell, you weren’t there. | 去他的 你又没在那 |
[02:45] | All the ideas were mine. | 全部构思都是我的 |
[02:47] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[02:48] | Hey, can you cast me in it? | 嘿 可以介绍我去拍广告吗 |
[02:51] | I really don’t think you’re right for the part. | …不知道啊 我想你不适合里面的角色 |
[02:54] | What do you mean? I can do anything. | 怎么会 我可以演任何角色 |
[02:55] | I’m a chameleon. | 我是一条变色龙呢 |
[02:59] | I’m old. | 我很老 |
[03:02] | I’m tired. | 我很累 |
[03:05] | Oh, I am hot. I’m cold. | 嘿 我很热 我很冷 |
[03:07] | Come on, what can’t I do? | 拜托 有什么我不能演 |
[03:10] | First of all, bravo. | 我得说 精彩… |
[03:13] | But I don’t think you’re right for this. | 但我觉得你真的不适合 |
[03:15] | The part’s a stuffy college professor. | 这个角色是一个死板的大学教授 |
[03:18] | I can do that. | 也可以啊 |
[03:19] | Hello, I’m your professor. | 你好 我是你们的教授 |
[03:22] | When I’m not busy thinking of important things, | 当我停下来没想重要事情的时候… |
[03:24] | or professing… | 或者没在教授的时候… |
[03:27] | …l like to use– What’s the product? | 我会用… 噢 是什么产品 |
[03:30] | Software that facilitates inter-business networking e-solutions. | 电子商务网络解决方案 |
[03:39] | I’m cold. | 我很冷 |
[03:43] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[03:44] | Guess who’s a finalist | 猜猜谁有可能得到 |
[03:45] | for a huge research grant? | 一笔庞大的科研补助金 |
[03:47] | I’ll give you a hint. | 给你个提示 |
[03:48] | He’s looking right at you. | 他正在看着你 |
[03:51] | Well, unless it’s the creepy guy | 除非你说的是 |
[03:53] | with his hand up his kilt… | 那个把手伸入他裙子的怪人 |
[03:54] | …I’m gonna say, “Congratulations.” | 我要说 恭喜你 |
[03:57] | I’m so excited. | 我实在是太兴奋了 |
[03:58] | Apparently, I beat out hundreds of other applicants… | 我击败了其他的几百个竞争者 |
[04:02] | …including five guys I went to graduate school with. | 包括我上研究生时的五个同学 |
[04:04] | Not that I’m keeping score, or anything. Five. | 不是我吹嘘 但…五个人 |
[04:08] | – Wow, that’s great. – Yeah. | -哇 太厉害了 -是啊 |
[04:10] | So tell me about the grant. | 那个是什么补助金 |
[04:11] | Well, okay, it’s for $25,000. | 那是两万五千元的资金 |
[04:13] | And if I get it, | 如果我得到了 |
[04:14] | I’ll be able to complete my field research. | 那我就可以完成我那领域的研究了 |
[04:17] | And there will be an article about me | 然后我就可以在《古生物学刊》里 |
[04:19] | in the Paleontology Review. | 发表我的论文了 |
[04:21] | It’ll be the first time my name is in there… | 那将会是我头一次在那本书上发表论文 |
[04:23] | …without people raising serious questions about my work. | 而其他人就不会怀疑我的研究了 |
[04:27] | Are you talking about the Dewer Grant? | 等等 你是说杜瓦补助金 |
[04:30] | Yeah. Why? | 没错 怎么了 |
[04:31] | Benjamin Hobart is administering that grant. | 本杰明·哈伯特管理着那个补助金 |
[04:33] | – Your ex-boyfriend? – Yeah. | -你的前任男朋友 -对 |
[04:35] | So your ex-boyfriend is gonna determine | 那么说 你的前男友决定了 |
[04:37] | if your new boyfriend gets this grant? | 你现任男友是否能得到那笔钱 |
[04:40] | Wow, your new boyfriend is screwed. | 你的现任男友完蛋了 |
[04:43] | No. No, we ended on great terms. | 没有 我们很愉快地分手 |
[04:45] | I mean if anything, | 我意思是 如果对此事有影响的话 |
[04:46] | I think this could help you. You know what? | 那也肯定是帮助你的 |
[04:47] | Why don’t we all go out to dinner, | 我们可以把他约出来吃个饭啊 |
[04:50] | and I can introduce you. | 我可以把你介绍给他 |
[04:51] | If you think it’d help. | 是吗 你觉得有帮助吗 |
[04:53] | Yeah, absolutely. I’ll call him. | 当然啦 我给他打电话啦 |
[04:55] | Now, is there anything I could do to butter him up? | 我可以做什么去…迎合他啊 |
[04:57] | Anything he really likes? | 他有什么嗜好 |
[05:01] | He does have a pretty serious latex fetish. | 他确实有严重的乳胶恋物情结 |
[05:03] | We’ll see how dinner goes. | 还是看看晚饭会怎么样吧 |
[05:09] | – Hey. – Hey, you want to go see a movie? | -嘿 -嘿 想去看电影吗 |
[05:12] | I told you I had to spend all day clearing out stuff | 我已经告诉过你我今天一整天要打扫 |
[05:15] | so Mike could move in. | 好让迈克搬进来住 |
[05:16] | – Oh, right. – Yeah. | -噢 对哦 -没错. |
[05:18] | Now that I’m here, | 既然我都来了 |
[05:20] | I might as well help with the cleaning and organizing. | 我就帮你清洁和收拾一下吧 |
[05:22] | I just happen to have my label maker. | 刚好我还带了打标签机 |
[05:26] | Oh, it’s so hard to get rid of stuff. | 要丢弃自己的物品太难了 |
[05:29] | Did you and Chandler make compromises | 你和钱德勒要同居的时候 |
[05:31] | when you moved in together? | 有为丢弃东西妥协过吗 |
[05:32] | Chandler did. | 钱德勒有 |
[05:35] | What does he want you to give up? | 他想你丢弃什么 |
[05:36] | A bunch of stuff. | 很多东西啊 |
[05:38] | And the worst one, | 我最舍不得的是… |
[05:39] | he wants me to get rid of Gladys. | 他要我丢掉格拉达斯 |
[05:41] | Who’s Gladys? | 谁是格拉达斯 |
[05:47] | What a tragic loss. | 多么可怕的损失 |
[05:50] | Yeah, I really hate to give her up. | 就是说 我真的不想放弃她啊 |
[05:52] | Oh, I know. Oh, you should take her. | 噢 我想到了 你可以带她走啊 |
[05:57] | I don’t know. | 这样…不好吧… |
[06:00] | What, you don’t like her? | 为什么 你不喜欢她吗 |
[06:02] | Of course I do. What’s not to like? | 我当然喜欢她啊 有什么好不喜欢的呢 |
[06:07] | I’d take her in a minute. | 我恨不得马上就把她拿走 |
[06:09] | But I think that you’re giving up too easy. | 但我觉得你现在说放弃太早了 |
[06:11] | Honey, I think that you need to fight for her. | 我想你应该为她而斗争 |
[06:15] | – Really, you think? – Absolutely. | -真的 你这么觉得 -当然啦 |
[06:17] | You say to him, | 你对他说 |
[06:18] | “I’m sorry, Mike, I can’t live without her. | 对不起 迈克 没有她我就活不了 |
[06:20] | She means too much to me.” | 她对我来说太重要了 |
[06:23] | Okay, I’ll fight for her. Okay. | 好的 我是该为她争取一下 |
[06:27] | Oh, wait. I just realized, if I do that, | 等等 我忽然想到… 如果我这样做 |
[06:29] | that means you don’t get her. | 你就无法得到她了 |
[06:30] | Damn it, I did not think this through. | 可恶 我怎么没想到呢 |
[06:36] | – Hey, guys. – Hey. | -嘿 你们 -嘿 |
[06:38] | Oh, any word on casting yet? | 你给我的推荐有回复了吗 |
[06:40] | I told you, you’re not right for the part. | 乔伊 我已经说过了 你不适合那个角色 |
[06:42] | What do you mean? | 什么意思啊 |
[06:43] | Rach, don’t I seem like a professor | 瑞秋 你会不会花钱 |
[06:45] | you’d buy some kind of e-crap from? | 买像我这样的教授介绍的电子货啊 |
[06:49] | I’m sorry, | 不好意思 |
[06:49] | this sounds like something I’m never gonna be interested in. | 你说的东西估计我这辈子也不会感兴趣 |
[06:53] | Look, come on, please? | 拜托啦 |
[06:55] | It’s not like I’m asking you for some crazy favor. | 又不是要诚心为难你 |
[06:58] | This is what I do for a living. | 我就是干这行的啊 |
[06:59] | I am a professional actor. | 我是个职业的演员呢 |
[07:01] | Man, I’m two hours late for work. | 迟到了两小时了 |
[07:04] | Here’s a copy of my reel. | 这里有我的一盘磁带 |
[07:06] | It’s got all the commercials that I’ve been in. | 里面有我拍过的所有广告 |
[07:08] | – Joe– – Just watch it. | -乔伊… -你就看一下吧 |
[07:10] | If you don’t like it, | 如果你不喜欢 |
[07:11] | don’t pass it on to your bosses. | 就别给你上司就是了 |
[07:13] | – Fine. – Thank you. | -好吧 -谢谢 |
[07:19] | – Work, Joe. – Damn it. | -工作啦 乔伊 -可恶 |
[07:25] | What am I gonna do now? | 我该怎么办啦 |
[07:27] | Just pass the tape along. | 就给你上司看看咯 |
[07:28] | He’s not right for the part. | 他的确不适合演这个 |
[07:30] | If I suggest him, | 如果我推荐他 |
[07:31] | my bosses will think I’m an idiot. | 我的老板会觉得我是个白痴 |
[07:33] | And that’s something they should learn on their own. | 我希望我的老板能迟些才发现这一点 |
[07:36] | Just tell Joey that you watched the tape… | 那就告诉乔伊你看过带子 |
[07:38] | …and you liked it, but your bosses didn’t. | 你很喜欢 但你的老板们不喜欢 |
[07:40] | Then that way, you’re the good guy, | 那样 你就成了好人 |
[07:41] | and they’re the bad guy. | 坏人就是你的老板啦 |
[07:43] | That’s good. I liked it, they didn’t. | 好主意 我喜欢 老板不喜欢 |
[07:47] | Joey, for God’s sake, go to work. | 乔伊 看在上帝份上 去工作啦 |
[07:55] | I can’t believe I’m about to meet Benjamin Hobart. | 真不敢相信我马上就要见到本杰明·哈伯特 |
[07:59] | I’ve always thought of him as someone I’d invite… | 我一直以为 |
[08:01] | …to my fantasy dinner party. | 只有在梦中才能和他共聚晚餐呢 |
[08:05] | Do you think there’s any chance | 他会不会带上一些 |
[08:06] | he’ll bring Christie Brinkley or C-3PO? | 他喜欢的小玩偶来呢 |
[08:10] | Sorry, it looks like it’s just him. | 对不起 看来他是自己来的 |
[08:14] | Charlie. | 查莉 |
[08:18] | My God, you look absolutely stunning. | 天啊 你简直太美了 |
[08:22] | Well, I am having a good hair day. | 是吗 今天我特地去了理发 |
[08:26] | – It’s so good to see you. – Oh, you too. | -见到你真好 -我也是 |
[08:33] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[08:36] | I’m sorry. Ross Geller, Benjamin Hobart. | 对不起…罗斯·盖勒 本杰明·哈伯特 |
[08:39] | It’s an honor to meet you. | 很荣幸见到你 |
[08:41] | I can’t tell you how long… | 我仰慕你都不知道多久了 |
[08:43] | …I’ve been an admirer of your work. I mean, that Nobel Prize. | 我是说 你得了诺贝尔奖 喔… |
[08:49] | I mean, I have to tell you | 不得不对你说 |
[08:51] | that you’re one of the reasons I got into the field. | 你是我进入这个领域原因之一 |
[08:54] | Well, likewise. | 是吗 我也久仰大名 |
[08:56] | Actually not likewise. | 其实没有久仰 |
[08:58] | I’d never heard of you until this morning. | 我今早才第一次听到你的名字 |
[09:00] | But it’s nice to be nice. | 但为人随和没什么不好 |
[09:03] | – Shall we? – Yeah. Thank you. | -我们坐 -好的 谢谢 |
[09:10] | I can’t believe that you chose this restaurant. | 不敢相信你选了这个餐馆 |
[09:13] | Do you remember the night? | 你还记得那天晚上吗 |
[09:14] | Oh, my God. I completely forgot. | 噢天啊 我完全忘记了 |
[09:17] | Oh, my God, I can’t believe they let us back in this place. | 天啊 真不敢相信他们能让我们进门 |
[09:30] | You weren’t there. | 你当时不在场 |
[09:33] | No, but, you know, it’s just a funny image. | 是不在 但想想都好笑 |
[09:36] | You know, the two of you in this restaurant with the…. | 想想你们两个 在这个餐馆 还… |
[09:43] | Ross, why don’t you tell Benji | 罗斯 我去洗手间的时候 |
[09:45] | about your proposal while I go to the ladies’ room. | 你跟本杰说说你的方案吧 |
[09:50] | So tell me about it. | 来吧 告诉我吧 |
[09:52] | Okay. Well, I would like to do a dig in the Painted Desert. | 我们会在彩色沙漠里进行挖掘 |
[09:56] | There are still several areas that haven’t been fully excavated. | 因为里面有些地区还没完全挖掘 |
[10:00] | – Break up with Charlie. – What? | -和查莉分手吧 -什么 |
[10:01] | What? | 什么 |
[10:04] | Did you just say, “Break up with Charlie”? | 你刚才说 “和查莉分手”吗 |
[10:09] | Well, yes and no. | 可以说是 也可以说不是 |
[10:11] | Yes, I did say it. And no, I didn’t not say it. | 是 我是这样说了 不是的话就是说我没有不说 |
[10:15] | Kind of inappropriate, don’t you think? | 你不觉得这么说有点不妥吗 |
[10:18] | Listen, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:20] | I just haven’t seen her for so long, | 因为我太久没有见她了 |
[10:21] | all these feelings are rushing back. | 以前的感觉又涌上心头 |
[10:23] | I’m starting to realize | 让我意识到 |
[10:24] | how much I’ve missed her. | 我有多想念她 |
[10:26] | And I’m gonna need you to break up with her. | 我需要你和她分手 |
[10:30] | Are you serious? | 你是说真的吗 |
[10:32] | If you say, yes, then I’m serious. | 如果你说行 那我就是认真的 |
[10:33] | If you say, no, then I’m joking. | 如果你说不行 那我就是开玩笑 |
[10:37] | – No. – Joking it is. | -不行 -我开玩笑的 |
[10:43] | Hi, sorry I’m late. | 嗨 对不起 我迟到了 |
[10:45] | Hey, how’d it go with Mike? | 嘿 和迈克谈得怎样 |
[10:46] | Is he gonna let you keep the painting? | 他肯让你保留那幅画吗 |
[10:47] | No, he really hates it. | 不行 他实在很讨厌它 |
[10:50] | But he’s gonna let me keep my box of human hair. | 但他肯让我留下我那盒头发 |
[10:54] | So you gotta pick your battles. | 所以我只能妥协了 |
[10:57] | But the good news is, Gladys is yours. | 但好消息是 格拉达斯已经属于你了 |
[11:01] | Wow, what’s the bad news? | 那坏消息呢 |
[11:04] | Who’s Gladys? | 谁是格拉达斯 |
[11:06] | Oh, she’s that work of art I made. | 她是我的手工作品 |
[11:08] | You know, with the woman coming out of the frame. | 就是女人从相框里出来的那幅 |
[11:11] | And Monica gets to keep her? | 给莫尼卡了吗 |
[11:15] | In her house? I am so jealous. | 放在她房间里 羡慕嫉妒恨啊 |
[11:20] | I didn’t know you wanted her too. | 我不知道你也想要她啊 |
[11:25] | Well, I mean, sure, of course. | 我…当然想要啊 |
[11:28] | But you already gave that to Monica, so…. | 但…你已经给了莫尼卡了 所以… |
[11:31] | You know, I would give her up for you. | 为了你 我可以放弃她 |
[11:33] | No, I couldn’t let you do that. | 不行 我不可以让你这样做的 |
[11:35] | – No, but I want to. – But I don’t want you to. | -但我想这样做 -但我不想你这样做 |
[11:37] | – But I insist. – But I insist harder. | -但我坚持 -但我更坚持 |
[11:43] | Girls. Girls. Stop. Okay, we’ll flip a coin. | 女生们 停一停好吗 我们投硬币决定吧 |
[11:46] | Heads, she’s Rachel’s. | 正面 她是瑞秋的 |
[11:47] | Tails, she’s Monica’s. | 反面 她就是莫尼卡的 |
[11:51] | Tails. Monica, she’s yours. | 反面 莫尼卡 她是你的了 |
[11:53] | No, that landed in your food. | 不行 它掉到你的食物里了 |
[11:56] | No, no, that’s okay. | 不 没关系 |
[11:57] | You won fair and square. I’m so sad. | 你赢得光明正大 我太难过了 |
[12:03] | Hey, Joe? | 嘿 乔伊 |
[12:05] | – What’s up? – Bad news. | -什么事 -坏消息 |
[12:06] | I watched the tape | 我看过了带子 |
[12:07] | and passed it along to my bosses | 并把它交给我的老板们 |
[12:08] | and they weren’t interested. | 但他们不感兴趣 |
[12:12] | I’m sorry, man. | 对不起 老兄 |
[12:16] | But you watched the tape? | 但…你看过这带子吗 |
[12:18] | Yeah, I liked it. | 是啊 我…我很喜欢啊 |
[12:21] | But my bosses didn’t go for it. | 但…我的老板不喜欢 |
[12:24] | Stupid sons of bitches. | 这些愚蠢的狗杂种 |
[12:32] | You didn’t watch the tape. | 你没有看过这带子 |
[12:34] | What? Of course I did. | 什么 我当然看啦 |
[12:36] | Look, it’s one thing not to cast me, | 你不推荐我是一回事 |
[12:38] | but to lie to me? | 但你对我说谎 |
[12:39] | I’m not lying to you. I watched it. | 我没有说谎啊 我看了啦 |
[12:41] | You lied again. | 你看 又说谎 |
[12:43] | – I watched it. – Keep going, Pinocchio. | -我看了 -继续说谎吧 匹诺曹 |
[12:47] | – I did. – No, you didn’t. | -我看了 -没有 你没看 |
[12:49] | I’m telling you, I watched the tape. | 我告诉你 我看了这带子 |
[12:53] | – Did you watch the tape? – No. | -你看过这带子吗 -没有 |
[12:59] | All right. The selection committee has chosen | 评选委员会选出 |
[13:01] | the three of you as our finalists. | 你们三人于今天作最后评核 |
[13:03] | The ultimate decision will be based on the answers | 最终决定会基于 |
[13:05] | you give to the questions I ask. | 你们如何回答我的问题 |
[13:07] | We’re gonna go ahead and start with Dr. Li. | 先从李博士开始吧 |
[13:08] | Dr. Li, you claim the field is too reliant | 李博士 你提出学界 |
[13:10] | on the Linnaean taxonomic system. | 太依赖林奈分类系统 |
[13:13] | How do you propose to correct this problem? | 那你打算怎么解决这个问题 |
[13:15] | Well, I believe that the answers | 我相信解决办法 |
[13:16] | lie in the osteological evidence. | 在骨骼证据上 |
[13:18] | – I plan to begin there. – Interesting. | -我打算从那里入手 -很有趣 |
[13:20] | I guess. | 是吧 |
[13:24] | Dr. Biely, your proposal includes some fieldwork. | 白莉博士 你的方案有一些挖掘工作 |
[13:26] | Where might that take place? | 你会选择哪里 |
[13:27] | Primarily in the Pierre Shale region of South Dakota. | 首先是南达科他州的皮尔页岩地区 |
[13:30] | Certainly. Very well. | 当然 很好 |
[13:32] | And Dr.Geller, when is my birthday? | 那盖勒博士 我生日是什么时候 |
[13:41] | What? I– | 什么 我… |
[13:45] | Care to venture a guess? | 不能猜一下吗 |
[13:49] | – May 12? – That’s not even kind of close. | -5月12号 -还差很远呢 |
[13:55] | Dr. Li, how many graduate students you’d be needing? | 李博士 你需要多少个研究生呢 |
[13:57] | Half a dozen. | 六个 |
[13:58] | I see. And Dr. Biely? | 明白了 那白莉博士呢 |
[13:59] | Three for excavation, and two for analysis. | 三个负责挖掘 两个负责分析 |
[14:02] | Certainly. Dr. Geller, which 1965 Shirelles hit… | 当然 盖勒博士 1965年沙伦斯乐队 |
[14:06] | …was later covered by a popular British Invasion band? | 被哪支英国乐队盖过风头 |
[14:13] | What? I need six graduate students. | 什么… 我需要六个研究生 |
[14:15] | No, I’m sorry. | 不是 对不起 |
[14:16] | We were looking for “Baby It’s You.” | 答案是 “宝贝 就是你” |
[14:19] | “Baby It’s You.” | “宝贝 就是你” |
[14:22] | What? Wait just a minute. | 什么… 等等 等一下 |
[14:25] | None of my questions have anything to do with paleontology. | 我的问题没有一条是关于古生物学的 |
[14:28] | You’re right, I apologize. | 没错 我该道歉 |
[14:29] | Scratch the last question. | 那最后一条问题 |
[14:30] | Spell “Boscodictiasaur.” | 拼写单词”Boscodictiasaur” |
[14:35] | I’ve never heard of a “Boscodictiasaur.” | 我没有听过这个单词啊 |
[14:39] | Yeah, I just made it up. Spell it. | 是 我乱编的单词 快拼 |
[14:44] | Okay. B-O-S- | 好的 B…O…S… |
[14:46] | No, it starts with a silent M. | 不 开头有个不发音的”M” |
[14:47] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[14:57] | I can’t believe Joey. | 我不敢相信乔伊这么说我 |
[14:59] | I hate being called a liar. | 我讨厌被人称为骗子 |
[15:01] | But you are a liar. | 但你就是个骗子 |
[15:03] | What did I just say? | 我刚刚怎么说的 |
[15:07] | Are you still here? | 你还在啊 |
[15:08] | Yes. And I have to say. | 是的 而且我不得不说 |
[15:09] | And I’m not just hurt, I’m insulted. | 我不仅仅是受伤害 我感觉被侮辱了一样 |
[15:11] | When I tell somebody I did something– | 当我说我已经做了某事… |
[15:13] | Okay, hold on, let me just stop you right there, okay? | 好了好了… 我打断你一下好吗 |
[15:15] | First, you lied. Right? | 首先 你说谎 对吗 |
[15:17] | Then you lied about lying, okay? | 然后 你又说谎去圆谎 好吗 |
[15:20] | Then you lied about | 然后 你又再说谎 |
[15:22] | lying about lying, okay? | 去圆你刚才圆的谎 |
[15:23] | So before you lie about | 所以在你说谎去圆你刚才 |
[15:24] | lying about lying about lying about lying…. | 为圆谎…而说的谎…的那个谎言… |
[15:30] | Stop lying. | 不要说谎啦 |
[15:32] | Why are you so sure | 为什么你这么肯定 |
[15:34] | I didn’t watch this tape? | 我没有看过那带子 |
[15:35] | You wanna know why? | 你想知道… |
[15:36] | You wanna know why? | 你想知道为什么 |
[15:38] | Well, this is going well. | 事情发展得不错呢 |
[15:41] | Here’s how I know you didn’t watch. | 这就是我知道你没看的原因了 |
[15:43] | If you had seen what was on this tape, | 如果你看了这带子 |
[15:45] | believe me, you’d have some comments. | 你绝对不会没有话说的 |
[15:48] | All right, remember, I got paid a lot of money for this… | 听好 我收了很多钱才去拍这个广告 |
[15:51] | …and it only aired in Japan. | 而且只在日本地区放映 |
[15:54] | Ichiban. | 一级棒 |
[15:57] | Ichiban, lipstick for men. | 一级棒 男用唇膏 |
[16:12] | Ichiban, lipstick for men. | 一级棒 男用唇膏 |
[16:19] | And that’s how I know you didn’t watch the tape. | 这就是我知道你没看的原因 |
[16:24] | He really is a chameleon. | 他真的是一条变色龙呢 |
[16:34] | Well, Gladys, say hello to your new home. | 格拉达斯 跟你的新家打个招呼吧 |
[16:41] | – Oh, my. – Wow. | -我的… -哇 |
[16:44] | Oh, she is so nice and big. | 她真漂亮 又显眼 |
[16:49] | Oh, Monica, where are you going to display Gladys, | 莫尼卡 你会把她放到什么地方 |
[16:54] | oh, so proudly? | 你得多骄傲啊 |
[16:56] | I haven’t really settled on a spot yet. | 我还没决定放在哪里 |
[16:58] | How about right above the TV? | 那不如放在电视机上面吧 |
[17:01] | That way, it will be the first thing that you see | 这样的话 人们一进门 |
[17:04] | when you walk in the door. | 就马上看得到了 |
[17:06] | Yeah, yeah, | 好啊 好啊 |
[17:08] | and you can get rid of that French poster. | 那你就可以丢掉那法国的海报了 |
[17:10] | – I like that poster. – Really? | -我喜欢那海报啊 -是吗 |
[17:12] | It doesn’t have anything coming out of it. | 它没有东西可以”冒”出来啊 |
[17:16] | Or maybe there’s someplace for her in your bedroom? | 又或者你的卧室里有空位吗 |
[17:18] | There’s nothing above your bed. | 噢 你床头还空着呢 |
[17:20] | Are you still here? | 你怎么还在这 |
[17:25] | Oh, hi. Hello. | 噢 嗨 你好 |
[17:27] | Have you come to ask me some more paleontology-related questions? | 你是来问我古生物学的问题的吗 |
[17:32] | Your grandmother’s nickname, perhaps? | 可能你要问我你祖母的昵称吧 |
[17:34] | Aunt Margaret’s pants size? | 还是你马格莉特阿姨内裤的尺寸 |
[17:39] | I’ve come here to apologize. | 我是来道歉的 |
[17:41] | I think I may have let my feelings… | 我想我对查莉的感情… |
[17:43] | …for Charlie interfere with the interview process. | 影响到面试的程序了 |
[17:46] | No. Stop. | 没有 哪里有 |
[17:49] | Anyway, I decided to offer you the grant. | 不管怎么说 我决定把资金批给你 |
[17:54] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:54] | There is just one small stipulation. | 只是还有一个条件 |
[17:59] | I have to break up with Charlie? | 我要和查莉分手 |
[18:00] | Hey, you got one right. | 嘿 你终于答对一次了 |
[18:04] | You’re crazy. | 你发神经 |
[18:06] | Crazy or romantic? | 神经 还是…浪漫 |
[18:09] | Crazy. | 神经 |
[18:13] | – Or? – Get out! | -还是… -出去 |
[18:21] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天啊 |
[18:24] | What? | 什么 |
[18:25] | Joey, what is this thing doing here? | 乔伊 这东西在这里干嘛 |
[18:29] | I got her from Monica. | 我在莫尼卡那里拿过来的 |
[18:30] | She sold it to me for a very reasonable price. | 她出了个很合理的价格 |
[18:34] | Joey, we’re not keeping this. | 乔伊 我们不能留着这个 |
[18:36] | But it’s an original Buffay. | 但它是原版的布菲作品啊… |
[18:41] | All right, fine. You can keep it. | 好的 没关系 你就留着吧 |
[18:44] | As long as you don’t mind that she’s haunted. | 只要你不介意她有灵魂附体 |
[18:46] | Hey, what? What? | 嘿 什么… |
[18:48] | Well, legend has it, Joey, | 有这样一个传说 乔伊 |
[18:50] | that she comes alive when you’re asleep. | 她在你半夜睡觉的时候会活过来 |
[18:55] | She climbs out of the frame… | 她爬出这画框 |
[18:58] | …and then drags her half-a-body | 然后她拖着她这半个身体 |
[19:01] | across the floor… | 爬在地板上 |
[19:03] | …just looking for legs to steal. | 想办法去偷一双腿 |
[19:06] | And then with her one good hand… | 然后她用她唯一的一只手 |
[19:09] | …she slowly reaches up… | 慢慢地… |
[19:13] | …and turns your doorknob. | 扭开门把手 |
[19:15] | Get that legless witch out of here! | 拿走这没脚的妖怪 |
[19:24] | Hey, I sold that to Joey. | 嘿 我把它卖给乔伊了 |
[19:26] | Yeah, well, I told him it’s haunted. | 所以我骗他这是鬼怪了 |
[19:28] | Two can play at this game. | 我们都会玩这种把戏 |
[19:29] | Too late. You can’t give it back. | 不行 太迟了 你不能退货 |
[19:31] | Oh, yes, I can. | 我当然可以 |
[19:31] | No, you can’t, she’s yours. | 不 你不可以 她是你的 |
[19:33] | – She’s yours. – She’s yours. | -她是你的 -是你的 |
[19:35] | She’s yours. | 她是你的 |
[19:36] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[19:39] | – She’s mine. – She’s mine. | -她是我的 -是我的 |
[19:40] | – She’s mine. – She’s mine. | -她是我的 -她是我的 |
[19:42] | You guys, you don’t have to fight over her anymore. | 你们啊 不用为她争吵了 |
[19:46] | Whoever doesn’t get Gladys, | 谁得不到格拉达斯 |
[19:47] | gets Glynnis. | 就把格林妮斯拿回去吧 |
[19:57] | – I want Gladys. – She’s mine. | -我要格拉达斯 -她是我的 |
[19:59] | – She’s mine. – She’s mine. | -她是我的 -她是我的 |
[20:05] | I know. Look, I’m sorry I didn’t give them your tape. | 很抱歉我没有把你的带子给他们 |
[20:08] | And I promise next time to submit you, | 我保证 下次无论合不合适 |
[20:10] | whether I think you’re right or not. | 我都会把你推荐上去的 |
[20:12] | That’s not the point, Chandler. | 重点不是这个啊 钱德勒 |
[20:14] | The point is that you lied. | 重点是 你说了谎 |
[20:15] | I know. You’re right. | 我知道 你说的对 |
[20:17] | What’s it gonna take for you to forgive me? | 我要做什么你才能原谅我 |
[20:20] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天啊 |
[20:25] | Excellent. | 绝了 |
[20:28] | Now what do you say? | 现在你该说什么 |
[20:31] | Lying is wrong. | 说谎是不对的 |
[20:33] | And? And? | 还有呢… 还有呢… |
[20:38] | I’m a pretty little girl. | 我是个漂亮美眉 |
[20:42] | I knew it. | 我早就知道啦 |
[20:51] | Your ex-boyfriend is insane. | 你的前男友是个疯子 |
[20:55] | Did you get the grant? | 随便啦 你得到那笔资金了吗 |
[20:56] | No. And you wanna know why? | 没有 你想知道为什么吗 |
[20:58] | Because your ex-boyfriend is still in love with you. | 因为你的前男友还是爱着你 |
[21:01] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -没错 |
[21:02] | He wouldn’t give me the grant, | 他没有给我那笔补助 |
[21:03] | because I wouldn’t give you up. | 就因为我没有放弃你 |
[21:05] | Benji isn’t in love with me. | 本杰不会还爱着我的 |
[21:07] | I mean, he broke up with me. | 因为当时是他抛弃我 |
[21:08] | And besides, he’s a very ethical man. | 而且 他是个很有道德的人 |
[21:11] | Really? | 是吗 |
[21:14] | Is it ethical to ask someone in a grant review: | 在面谈中问这种问题 |
[21:17] | “Who was the voice of Underdog?” | 《超狗任务》中谁给狗配音 |
[21:19] | I’m sure he was just joking, Ross. | 我肯定他是在开玩笑 罗斯 |
[21:21] | If you don’t believe me, let’s go talk to him. | 如果你不相信我 我们去找他对质吧 |
[21:23] | I’m telling you, | 可以告诉你 |
[21:24] | he didn’t ask me one paleontological question. | 他没有问过我一个关于考古学的问题 |
[21:27] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[21:27] | Oh, I’m sorry. No, he did ask me one: | 哦 不是 他问了我一个 |
[21:30] | “How do you spell Boscodictiasaur?” | 怎么拼”boscodictiosaur” |
[21:32] | Well, if it’s like the Lake Mbosco in Congo, | 和刚果的巴斯克湖拼法一样 |
[21:34] | then M-B-O– | 那是M…B…O… |
[21:36] | Damn it. | 可恶 |
[21:41] | Dr. Geller. Charlie, what are you doing here? | 盖勒博士… 查莉 你们到这来干什么 |
[21:44] | I want you to tell her everything. | 我要你告诉他一切 |
[21:46] | About the deal you tried to make with me, | 告诉他你想和我做的交易 |
[21:48] | about the crazy questions you– | 那些神经病的问题 |
[21:50] | Wally Cox. That’s the voice of Underdog. | 沃利·考克斯 他就是《超狗任务》的配音 |
[21:56] | Like I tried to tell you in the interview… | 就如之前的调查我告诉你一样 |
[21:58] | …this grant is not based on | 这笔资金不是为了 |
[22:00] | your knowledge of pretty useless trivia. | 这些无聊的知识而设的 |
[22:02] | No, don’t do that. | 不 不 不 别这样 |
[22:04] | I want you to look her in the eyes | 我要你看着她的眼睛 |
[22:06] | and tell her the truth. | 告诉她真相 |
[22:09] | Benji? | 本杰 |
[22:11] | All right. It’s true. | 是的 的确是这样 |
[22:12] | I behaved horribly, | 我之前简直是乱来 |
[22:14] | but it’s only because I still love you. | 但这都是因为我还爱着你 |
[22:16] | And I would do anything | 只要你回到我身边 |
[22:17] | to have you back in my life. | 我可以做任何事 |
[22:19] | Too little, too late, Benji. | 早干嘛去了 本杰 |
[22:23] | I can’t believe this. | 我不敢相信 |
[22:25] | I never should’ve broken up with you. | 我真不应该离开你 |
[22:27] | I think about you all the time. | 我无时无刻不在想你 |
[22:29] | Do you ever still think about me? | 难道你就从来没想过我吗 |
[22:32] | No. | 没有 |
[22:35] | – Yes. – What? | -有 -什么 |
[22:38] | I don’t know what to say, Benji. | 我不知道该说什么好了 本杰 |
[22:40] | This is all so… | 这一切实在太… |
[22:42] | …romantic. | 浪漫了 |
[22:45] | Or? | 或者… |
[22:49] | I know I may be way out of bounds here… | 我知道 或者我做得太过火了 |
[22:51] | …but is there any chance you would take me back? | 但我们还有机会在一起吗 |
[22:57] | Maybe. | 或者可以… |
[23:00] | Sweetie, this conversation is starting to | 甜心 你们的对话 |
[23:01] | make me a little uncomfortable. | 让我觉得有点不舒服了 |
[23:05] | Oh, God. I am so sorry, but– | 天啊 我很抱歉 但… |
[23:09] | I mean, there’s so much history between us, you know? | 我是说…我们之前有太多的过去了… |
[23:14] | I’m sorry too. | 我也觉得抱歉… |
[23:24] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[23:26] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[23:30] | Okay, that’s it, we are seeing other people. | 好吧就这样 我们都可以找下家了 |
[23:54] | Gladys? | 格拉达斯 |
[24:02] | For the third time this week. | 这个星期的第三次了 |
[24:03] | Man, this does not get old. | 天啊 真是常玩常新啊 |
[24:07] | You’re mean! | 你真可恶 |
[24:08] | Oh, don’t be such a baby. Please. | 不要这么孩子气啦 |