时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:51] | Please, Luke. | 拜托 Luke 拜托 拜托 |
[00:53] | How many cups have you had this morning? | 你今天早上喝了几杯了? |
[00:55] | – None. – Plus? | – 零 – 加上? |
[00:57] | Five, but yours is better. | 5 但你的更好喝 |
[00:59] | – You have a problem. – Yes, I do. | – 你不正常 – 没错 我是 |
[01:03] | – Junkie. – Angel. | – 瘾君子 – 天使 |
[01:05] | You’ve got wings, baby. | 你有翅膀 亲爱的 |
[01:10] | Luke’s. Yeah. | Luke 是的 |
[01:16] | You make that look really good. | 看你喝得很香 |
[01:19] | It is really good. It’s the best coffee in town. | 是真的很香 这是镇上最好的咖啡了 |
[01:21] | – Yeah? I’ll have to get a cup. – Good plan. | – 是吗? 那我要去买一杯 – 好主意 |
[01:24] | I’ve never been here before. | 我以前从没来过这儿 |
[01:26] | Just passing through on my way to Hartford. | 只是路过这里而已 我要去Hartford |
[01:28] | You’re a regular Jack Kerouac. | 你个整洁的Jack Kerouac (跨掉一代的先锋人物) |
[01:32] | – Mind if I sit down? – Actually, I’m meeting someone… | – 我能坐下吗? – 其实…我约了人 |
[01:36] | – I’m Joey. – Okay. | – 我是Joey – 好啊 |
[01:39] | You don’t have a name? | 你没有名字吗? |
[01:40] | I do have a name. I just am really meeting someone. | 我当然是有名字的 只是我真的约了人 |
[01:43] | So I guess I should get going. | 那看来我该离开 |
[01:45] | – So soon? – What? | – 这么快? – 什么? |
[01:47] | I’m just screwing with your mind. It’s nice to meet you. | 我只是在跟你闹着玩呢 很高兴认识你 |
[01:50] | – Enjoy Hartford. – Enjoy your coffee, mystery woman. | – 好好享受Hartford – 好好享受你的咖啡 神秘女子 |
[01:55] | I like that. | 不错 |
[01:58] | – Hey, it’s freezing. – What do you need? Hot tea, coffee? | – 嘿 冻死人了 – 你要喝什么? 热茶还是咖啡? |
[02:02] | Lip gloss. | 唇膏 |
[02:05] | I have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and toasted marshmallow. | 我有香草 巧克力 草莓还有烤蘑菇味的 |
[02:08] | Anything in there not resembling a breakfast cereal? | 里面有什么不带早餐味儿的吗? |
[02:11] | Yes. It has no smell, but it changes colors with your mood. | 是的 无味的 但会随你的心情变换颜色 |
[02:15] | – RuPaul doesn’t need this much makeup. – You’re crabby. | – 老天哪 RuPaul都用不了这么多化妆品 – 你真难伺候 |
[02:18] | I’m sorry. I lost my Macy Gray CD, and I need caffeine. | 抱歉 MacyGray的CD不见了 我需要咖啡因 |
[02:21] | – I have your CD. – Thief. | – 你的CD在我这儿 – 小偷 |
[02:23] | Sorry, and I will get you some coffee. | 抱歉 我给你拿杯咖啡去 |
[02:30] | What? It’s not for me. It’s for Rory, I swear. | 怎么了啊? 不是我喝的 是给Rory的 我发誓 |
[02:33] | – You’re shameless. – Look, Officer Krupke… | – 你脸皮真厚 – 听我说 Krupke长官 |
[02:36] | she’s right at that table, right over there. | 她就坐在那张桌子旁 就在那里 |
[02:40] | He’s got quite a pair, this guy. Thanks. | 他竟然一下子把两个 这家伙 多谢 |
[02:45] | – I’ve never been through here before. – You have, too. | – 是啊 我从没到过这里 – 你到过了 |
[02:48] | Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[02:50] | – You really like my table, don’t you? – I was just… | – 你真的很中意我的桌子 是不是? – 我只是… |
[02:53] | Getting to know my daughter. | 来认识我闺女 |
[02:55] | Are you my new daddy? | 你是我的新爸爸? |
[02:58] | You don’t look old enough to have a daughter. | 你岁数看起来还不像有女儿的 |
[03:00] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[03:02] | And you don’t look like a daughter. | 而你看起来也不像是女儿 |
[03:05] | That’s possibly very sweet of you. Thanks. | 谢谢你这么说 |
[03:08] | So, daughter. | 那…女儿 |
[03:13] | – You know, I am traveling with a friend. – She’s 16. | – 我是和朋友一起出来的 – 她16岁 |
[03:17] | – Bye. – Drive safe. | – 再见 – 小心开车 |
[04:34] | – Here you go. – Thanks. | – 给你 – 谢谢 |
[04:36] | Independence Inn, Michel speaking. | “独立旅馆” 我是Michel |
[04:40] | No, I’m sorry. We’re completely booked. | 没有 非常抱歉 全部订满了 |
[04:42] | We have a wedding party here. | 我们这里要举办婚礼 |
[04:45] | No, there is really nothing I can do. | 不是的 我真的无能为力 |
[04:48] | Yes, I’m sure. Positive. | 是的 我确定 很肯定 |
[04:51] | No, I don’t have to look, ma’am. Yes, of course I’ll look. | 不 我不用查 女士 好吧 我一定查 |
[04:59] | No, I’m sorry. We’re completely booked. | 没有 抱歉 全订满了 |
[05:01] | No, don’t move. | 不 不用动 |
[05:02] | Just ignore the tiny woman pushing the 200-pound instrument around. | 就当没有看到有个弱小的女人 推着一个200磅重的乐器经过好了 |
[05:06] | This is good. I like this. Maybe after this I’ll bench-press a piano. | 这样很不错 我很喜欢 或许之后我可以去拿钢琴练推举 |
[05:10] | That’s it, lady. Tie your shoe now. | 没错 女士 现在系鞋带就对了 |
[05:13] | Don’t worry. I’ll wait. | 没事 我等着你 |
[05:16] | – Hi, Drella. – Hi. | – 嗨 Drella – 嗨 |
[05:17] | I was just wondering, could you be nicer to the guests? | 我只是想说 你可以对客人再友善些吗? |
[05:22] | I’m sorry. Did you not want a harp player? | 真抱歉 你不想要竖琴演奏家了? |
[05:25] | – Yes, I did. – Did you not want a great harp player? | – 不 我想要 – 你不想要出色的竖琴演奏家了? |
[05:29] | – Yes, I did. – I am a great harp player. | – 不 我想 – 我就是个出色的竖琴演奏家 |
[05:33] | And this is my great harp, okay? | 这就是我出色的竖琴 |
[05:35] | So if you just want someone to be nice to the guests… | 如果你只是想找个对客人好的人 |
[05:38] | get a harmonica player. Some guy who whistles through his nose. | 去找个吹口琴的 或是某个可以用鼻子吹口哨的人 |
[05:41] | Okay? Capisce? | 好吗? 懂了吗? |
[05:44] | And that is a great spot for a table. The decorator’s a genius. | 这桌子放这儿还真合适啊 装修的人是个天才 |
[05:48] | Madame, you have no idea how desperately I’d like to help… | 女士 您不知道我有多么想帮您 |
[05:51] | but I’d have to build a room for you myself… | 但那样我得单独为你再盖间房 |
[05:54] | and I’m not a man who works with his hands. | 可是我不会这门手艺 |
[05:56] | So the best I can do is suggest… | 所以我能做到最多的就是建议… |
[05:58] | that you please try for another weekend. Any weekend. | 建议您另找个周末 随便哪个 |
[06:03] | Good. Fine. The 21st. Hold on, I’ll look. | 啊 好极了 好的 21号 等一下 我查查 |
[06:10] | No, I’m sorry. We’re completely booked. | 不行 抱歉 全订满了 |
[06:15] | – Has the plumber attended to Room 4 yet? – He was here. He did nothing. It’s $100. | – 水管工去过4号房没有? – 来过了 什么都没干 100块 |
[06:24] | Hi, Marco. Lorelai. | 嗨 Marco 我是Lorelai |
[06:25] | Talk to me about Room 4. What was wrong with it? | 跟我说一下4号房的事 是什么问题? |
[06:31] | I thought you replaced that already. | 我以为你已经换好了 |
[06:33] | Because you told me you did. I never forget anything. | 因为你是这么跟我说 我记性好得很 |
[06:35] | So this one’s on you, right? | 所以这次就算你的了 是吧? |
[06:37] | Pleasure doing business with you. | 很高兴跟你合作 |
[06:39] | – What is your offspring doing? – I need stamps. Can I have these? | – 你的下一代来这儿做什么? – 我要用邮票 能拿这些吗? |
[06:43] | – No. – Take them. | – 不行 – 拿走吧 |
[06:44] | – What’s with the muumuu? – Stop. | – 穿这身穆穆装是为什么? – 停 |
[06:46] | You couldn’t find one made of metal, in case anyone has x-ray eyes? | 你找不到金属做的衣服吗? 是为了防止别人有X光眼吗? |
[06:50] | And now we say goodbye. | 我们再见吧 |
[06:51] | Have Michel look at your French paper before you go. | 走之前让Michel看看你的法语作业吧 |
[06:54] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[06:56] | – That would be great. – No. | – 那太好了 – 不成 |
[06:57] | Come on, Michel. I’ll tell all the ladies what a stud you are. | 别这样 Michel 我会告诉姑娘们你是多么的精神 |
[07:01] | I believe that memo has already been sent. | 我相信我已经名声在外了 |
[07:03] | Please, Michel. | 拜托 Michel |
[07:05] | Pretty please with sucre on top? I will stop talking like this. | 小美女 把作业放在这儿吧 你帮忙我就不这么说话了 |
[07:08] | Leave it. I’ll look at it if I get a chance. | 放下吧 我要是有工夫就看 |
[07:11] | It’s due tomorrow. And pay special attention to the grammar. | 明天要交的 麻烦注意看一下语法 |
[07:18] | I despise you. | 鄙视你 |
[07:26] | When are you gonna let your parents know that you listen to the evil rock music? | 你打算什么时候告诉你父母你在听邪恶的摇滚乐? |
[07:30] | You’re an American teenager, for God’s sake. | 拜托 你可是美国青少年 |
[07:33] | If my parents still get upset… | 我爸妈还再因为 |
[07:35] | over the obscene portion size of American food… | 美国食物那令人不爽的份量而烦恼 |
[07:37] | I seriously doubt I’m going to make any inroads with Eminem. | 我很怀疑我能用Eminem作为切入点 |
[07:41] | – I have to go to that. – The hayride? You’re kidding. | – 我得去参加这个 – 干草卡车出游? 你开玩笑呢吧 |
[07:44] | My parents set me up with the son of a business associate. | 我父母为我介绍了一个同事的儿子 |
[07:47] | He’s gonna be a doctor. | 他将来要当医生的 |
[07:49] | – How old is he? – Sixteen. | – 他多大? – 16 |
[07:51] | So he’s gonna be a doctor in 100 years. | 那他要过100年才能成为医生 |
[07:53] | My parents like to plan ahead. | 我父母喜欢为将来做打算 |
[07:56] | – You have to go to the hayride with him? – And his older brother. | – 那你要跟他一起去喽? – 还有他哥哥 |
[07:59] | – Now you’re kidding. – Koreans never joke about future doctors. | – 别开玩笑了 – 韩国人从来不拿未来的医生开玩笑 |
[08:03] | I guess you’re not going? | 我想你是不会去了吧 |
[08:05] | No. I’m still fuzzy on what’s fun about sitting in the cold for two hours… | 不去了 我还是很搞不懂大冷天 在外面坐两个小时有什么意思 |
[08:09] | – with a bundle of sticks up your butt. – Don’t expect me to clear it up for you. | – 一堆草杆顶着你的屁股 – 别指望我给你解释清楚 |
[08:17] | For those of you who have not finished the final chapters of Huckleberry Finn… | 谁要是还没完成Huckleberry Finn的最后一章 (The advanture of Huckleberry Finn) |
[08:21] | you may use this time to do so. | 你可以用这段时间看一下 |
[08:23] | For those of you who have, you can start on your essay now. | 如果看完了 就可以开始写随笔了 |
[08:27] | Whichever task you choose, do it silently. | 不管你做什么 保持安静 |
[08:45] | – Maybe it’s a love letter. – Or her diary. | – 可能是封情书 – 或者是她的日记 |
[08:48] | Could be a slam book. | 或者是在写别人坏话 |
[08:54] | It’s the assignment. | 是在写作业 |
[09:15] | – Nice, huh? – It’s beautiful. | – 不错 是吧? – 很美 |
[09:19] | Tell it to the tip jar. | 跟小费桶说吧 |
[09:21] | Take the bags up to 314. | 把这些包拿到314 |
[09:23] | Make sure the drapes are closed and there’s extra soap… | 确保窗帘拉好 有多余的香皂 |
[09:26] | and she wants her pillow mints now. | 她要枕头是全新的 |
[09:30] | – Sookie! – I’m okay. | – Sookie! – 我好了 |
[09:33] | What did you do now? Why weren’t you watching her? | 你这次又做了什么啊? 你怎么不看着她点呢? |
[09:37] | No estabas cuidandola? | 你没看好她吗? |
[09:38] | No. She’s this. Bad food in the head. | 不 是她的问题 脑子坏掉了 |
[09:43] | – I need you to be more careful. – I know. I’m sorry. | – 你一定要小心一点 – 我知道 很抱歉 |
[09:46] | I fixed the peach sauce. | 我做好桃子酱了 |
[09:48] | – That’s blood. Why are you bleeding? – My stitches opened. | – 那是血 你怎么流血了? – 我的伤口裂开了 |
[09:51] | I was using too much maple syrup. It strangled the fruit. | 我放了很多槭蜜 盖过了水果的味道 |
[09:54] | – When did you get stitches? – Friday night. Radish roses. | – 你什么时候去缝的针? – 周五晚 雕萝卜花弄的 |
[09:56] | Okay, stop moving. | 好了 不要动了 |
[09:58] | You gotta taste the sauce while it’s still warm. | 趁着酱还热 你一定要尝尝 |
[10:00] | Sookie, I need you to be more careful. | Sookie 你一定要小心再小心 |
[10:03] | I need there to be fewer accidents. | 我不要再这里再出什么事故了 |
[10:09] | Dear God Almighty, that’s incredible! | 噢 我的老天爷啊 好吃得一塌糊涂 |
[10:12] | I’ll put it on the waffles tomorrow morning for breakfast. | 我要把这个酱涂在明天早餐的软饼上 |
[10:15] | – I wanna take a bath in that sauce. – I will make more. | – 我想在这酱里面洗个澡 – 我要多做一些 |
[10:17] | Someday when we open our own inn, diabetics will line up to eat this sauce. | 等到有天咱们开了自己的旅馆 糖尿病患者会排队等着吃这个酱的 |
[10:22] | Won’t that be great? | 那样就太好了 |
[10:24] | The key to someday achieving that dream is for you to stay alive long enough… | 想要实现那个梦想的关键 就是你得活到那个时候 |
[10:28] | so we can actually open an inn, you understand? | 那样咱们才能真的开一家旅馆 你明白吗? |
[10:31] | – Yes, I understand. – All right. | – 是 我明白 – 好的 |
[10:33] | Now let’s get you up and to the doctor on three. One, two, three. | 现在我数三下扶你起来 去看医生 1 2 3 |
[10:38] | What? | 怎么了? |
[10:39] | Stepped on my thumb. I’m fine. On three. Okay. | 踩到自己的大拇指了 没事 数到三 好了 |
[10:44] | – Was it a good color, at least? – It had sparkles in it. | – 至少是个好看的颜色吧? – 里面有亮片 |
[10:48] | And it smelled like bubble gum when it dried. | 干了之后 闻起来就像泡泡糖 |
[10:50] | There’s no way Mark Twain could compete with that. | Mark Twain可比不过 |
[10:55] | Mom, we’re home! | 妈妈 我们回来啦! |
[10:58] | – Did you hear something? – I’m not sure. | – 你听到什么没? – 我不确定 |
[11:01] | Mom, are you here? | 妈妈 你在吗? |
[11:03] | We’re open. Everything’s half off. | 现在营业 全部半价 |
[11:05] | We have contact. | 我们联系过 |
[11:07] | – Mom! – Lane? | – 妈妈 – Lane? |
[11:12] | Mom, where are you? | 妈妈 你在哪儿啊? |
[11:14] | – Lane, where are you? – Back here. | – Lane 你在哪儿? – 在后面 |
[11:16] | Over here. | 过来 |
[11:19] | I think she’s that way. | 我想她在那边 |
[11:21] | – Are we closer? – I’m by the table. | – 是这里吗? – 我在桌子这儿 |
[11:25] | She’s kidding, right? | 她在开玩笑 是吧? |
[11:27] | Look, we’ll meet you in the kitchen. | 听我说 我们在厨房等你 |
[11:29] | – What? – The kitchen! | – 什么? – 厨房! |
[11:31] | – Who’s that? – It’s Rory, Mom. | – 是谁啊? – 是Rory 妈妈 |
[11:36] | I could hear the disappointment from here. | 我在这儿都能听出她的失望 |
[11:38] | Come on. Stop it. | 行了 别说了 |
[11:40] | It sucks that after all these years your mom still hates me. | 过了这么多年你妈还是讨厌我 真是糟糕 |
[11:43] | – She doesn’t hate you. – She hates my mother. | – 她不恨你 – 她恨我妈 |
[11:45] | – She doesn’t trust unmarried women. – You’re unmarried. | – 她不信任未婚女人 – 你也未婚啊 |
[11:49] | I’m hayriding with a future proctologist. I have potential. | 我要和一个未来的直肠科医师一起出游 我有(结婚的)潜力 |
[11:52] | Go upstairs. Tea is ready. I have muffins. No dairy, no sugar, no wheat. | 上楼去 茶泡好了 还有松饼 无乳制品 无糖 无小麦 |
[11:57] | You have to soak them in tea to make them soft enough to bite… | 你得把这些泡在茶里 泡软了才能咬得动 |
[12:00] | but they’re very healthy. | 但这些很健康 |
[12:02] | How was school? | 学校怎么样? |
[12:04] | None of the girls get pregnant, drop out? | 没有女生怀孕 然后被赶出来吧? |
[12:06] | Not that we know of. | 我们没听说 |
[12:08] | Though come to think of it, Joanna Posner was glowing a little. | 仔细想想的话 Joanna Posner有点像 |
[12:11] | – What? – Nothing, Mama. She’s just kidding. | – 什么? – 没什么 Mama 她开玩笑呢 |
[12:14] | – Boys don’t like funny girls. – Noted. | – 男生不喜欢可笑的女孩 – 记住了 |
[12:18] | Hello! Anybody here? | 你好! 有人吗? |
[12:20] | We’re here. We’re coming. | 在这儿 来了 |
[12:22] | Have the muffins made from sprouted wheat. | 去吃用发芽小麦粉做的松饼吧 |
[12:24] | Only good 24 hour. | 24小时后就不好吃了 |
[12:25] | Everything’s half off! | 全部半价! |
[12:27] | – Where are you? – Over here! | – 你在哪了? – 这里! |
[12:29] | – Where? – By the chair! | – 哪里? – 椅子这里! |
[12:31] | What chair? | 哪个椅子? |
[12:33] | – Careful! – I’m okay. | – 当心! – 我没事 |
[12:35] | Peppers. | 胡椒 |
[12:36] | Mike | Mike. |
[12:38] | Hello, little vegetables. Come with me. I got it. | 你好啊 小蔬菜 跟我来 我可以的 |
[12:42] | – Where’s my glaze? – In the counter. | – 我的糖浆呢? – 在台子里 |
[12:44] | On the counter. On, not in the counter. | 在台子上 上 不是里 |
[12:46] | Okay, good. All right. | 好吧 好 好极了 |
[12:49] | My sauce. That’s pretty good. | 我的酱 太好吃了 |
[12:53] | Hello. A little bit of green. Okay. | 你好啊 一点点绿色 好了 |
[12:56] | Hello, my little babies. You like that? | 你们好 我的小宝贝们 你们喜欢吗? |
[12:59] | A little bit of juice. | 一点点果汁 |
[13:01] | You’re very pretty. Okay. | 真漂亮 好了 |
[13:10] | It’s here. It happened. She did it. | 成功了 发生了 她做到了 |
[13:12] | I’m gonna need a longer sentence. | 是啊 我需要长一点的句子 |
[13:14] | The Chilton School. Rory got in. | Chilton学校 Rory考上了 |
[13:17] | – Oh, my God! – I know. Look. | – 噢 我的上帝啊 – 我知道 听着 |
[13:20] | “We are happy to inform you we have a vacancy at Chilton Preparatory…” | “亲爱的Gilmore小姐 我们很高兴的通知你 你在Chilton获得了一个读预科班的机会” |
[13:23] | “starting immediately. Due to Rory’s excellent credentials…” | “可以马上开始 因为Rory的优异成绩” |
[13:26] | “and your enthusiastic pursuit of her enrolment…” | “以及您为她入学所做的热情奉献” |
[13:28] | I offered to do the principal to get her in. | 我跟校长说只要让她进去我就跟他睡 |
[13:30] | “…we’d be happy to accept her once the first semester’s tuition is received.” | “在收到第一学期的学费后 我们很高兴马上安排她入学” |
[13:34] | This is very exciting. | 真是太激动人心了 |
[13:38] | – Is something burning? – My bangs. Earlier. Go on. | – 有什么烧着了吗? – 我的刘海 刚才烧的 接着说 |
[13:42] | She can finally go to Harvard like she’s always wanted… | 她终于可以如她所愿的去上哈佛了 |
[13:44] | get the education I never got, and do all the things I never got to do. | 去接受我从来没受到过的教育 去做我从没做过的事 |
[13:48] | Then I can resent her for it… | 然后我就可以借故生她的气 |
[13:49] | and we can finally have a normal mother-daughter relationship. | 我们终于可以拥有正常母女关系了 |
[13:54] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[14:00] | – You’re happy. – Yeah. | – 你们很高兴 – 是的 |
[14:02] | – Did you do something slutty? – I’m not that happy. | – 是不是做了什么下流的事? – 还没那么开心 |
[14:07] | Here. | 给你这个 |
[14:08] | – What’s going on? – Open it. | – 怎么了啊? – 打开 |
[14:13] | – I’m gonna be in a Britney Spears video? – You’re going to Chilton! Sorry. | – 我要去拍小甜甜的音乐录影带了? – 你要去Chilton了! 抱歉 |
[14:17] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[14:19] | You did it, babe. You got in. | 你做到了 宝贝 你被录取了 |
[14:22] | How did this happen? You didn’t with the principal, did you? | 怎么会呢? 你不会和校长…没有吧? |
[14:25] | No. That was a joke. | 没有 那是玩笑而已 |
[14:27] | They have an open spot. You’re gonna start on Monday. | 他们有个空缺 你周一就可以去了 |
[14:30] | – Really? – Really. | – 真的吗? – 真的 |
[14:31] | I don’t believe this. My God, I’m going to Chilton? | 我不敢相信 我的上帝啊 我要去Chilton了? |
[14:36] | Sookie, I’m going to Chilton! | Sookie 我要去Chilton了! |
[14:37] | I’ll make cookies. Protestants love oatmeal. | 我会做饼干的 新教徒都喜欢燕麦片 |
[14:40] | I have to call Lane. | 我要去给Lane打电话 |
[14:44] | – I love you. – I love you. | – 我爱你 – 我爱你 |
[14:50] | My girl’s going to Chilton. | 我闺女要去Chilton了 |
[14:51] | Yeah, I know. Rory’s going to Chilton! | 是啊 Rory要去Chilton了! |
[15:13] | Michel, the phone. | Michel 电话 |
[15:16] | It rings. | 响了 |
[15:18] | – Can you answer it? – No. | – 你能接一下吗? – 不行 |
[15:20] | People are particularly stupid today. I can’t talk to any more of them. | 人们今天都特别蠢 我不要再和他们说话了 |
[15:25] | You know who’s really nice to talk to? The people at the unemployment agency. | 你知道和谁聊天最好吗? 失业中心的人 |
[15:31] | Independence Inn, Michel speaking. | 独立旅馆 我是Michel |
[15:35] | No, I’m sorry, we’re completely booked. | 没有了 抱歉 全订满了 |
[15:38] | I’m holding for Miss Bell. I’ve been trying to get ahold of her all day. | 我一直在等Bell小姐 我这一整天都在联系她 |
[15:42] | Lorelai Gilmore | Lorelai Gilmore. |
[15:47] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[15:49] | Yeah, my daughter Rory has just been accepted. | 是的 我女儿Rory刚刚被录取 |
[15:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:55] | And I got the invoice for your enrolment fee. | 我收到了入学费用的单据 |
[15:59] | That is a lot of zeroes behind that five. | 哇 5后面的0可真多啊 |
[16:04] | Okay, I guess what I’m wondering is… | 好的 我想说的是… |
[16:07] | if you couldn’t take, say, part of it now, just to get her going? | 如果我拿不出这么多 现在付一部分的话 可以吗? |
[16:14] | But she’s supposed to start Monday. | 但她应该周一就去报到的 |
[16:17] | It just doesn’t give me a lot of time to pull a bank job. | 我现在来不及去抢银行啊 |
[16:21] | Never mind. I was just kidding. | 别介意 我只是开玩笑而已 |
[16:24] | No, a bank job is robbing a bank, but… | 不 抢银行是指打劫银行 但是… |
[16:32] | No. I don’t want you to give up her space. | 不是的 我不是想让你放弃她 |
[16:37] | I’ll have to figure it out. | 我会想办法的 |
[16:41] | Okay. No, thank you. It’s been a real treat talking to you. | 好的 不了 谢谢你 跟你聊天还真是不错 |
[16:46] | Yeah. Bye-bye. | 好 再见 |
[16:57] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办啊? |
[17:00] | You can have anything I own. My car. Sell my car. | 我所有的东西都可以给你 我的车 把我的车卖了 |
[17:03] | Sweetie, no one wants your car. | 亲爱的 没人想买你的车的 |
[17:06] | There’s something I haven’t thought of. | 一定有什么是我没想到的 |
[17:08] | There’s something out there staring me right in the face. I haven’t seen it. | 一定有个办法就在那盯着我看 我没看到而已 |
[17:12] | – You might consider calling… – No. | – 你可以考虑打给…. – 不行 |
[17:15] | – But I don’t think you have… – Stop. | – 但我想你没有 – 别说了 |
[17:17] | You can at least go and… | 你至少可以去… |
[17:18] | Okay, can I say one more thing? I think it’s your only option. | 好吧 我能再多说一句吗? 我想这是你唯一的选择了 |
[17:21] | There are several chapters from a Stephen King novel I’d reenact… | 在我做这个选择之前 |
[17:25] | before I’d resort to that option. | 我宁愿重演Stephen King小说里的情节 |
[17:27] | – Okay, dropped. – Thank you. | – 好吧 放弃 放弃 – 谢谢 |
[17:30] | Mom, so what do you think? | 妈妈 你觉得怎么样? |
[17:33] | It makes you look smart. | 让你看起来很精神 |
[17:35] | Okay, no more wine for you. Mom? | 是啊 不能再给你酒喝了 妈妈? |
[17:39] | You look like you were swallowed by a kilt. | 你看起来就像是被格子裙给吞了 |
[17:42] | Fine, you could hem it. | 好吧 你可以折上去 |
[17:43] | A little, only a little. | 一点点 就一点点 |
[17:45] | Okay. Or I could hem it a lot. | 好吧 或许我可以折很大一块 |
[17:47] | No, I don’t want it to be too short. | 不行 我不想裙子太短了 |
[17:50] | I can’t believe tomorrow’s my last day at Stars Hollow High. | 我真不敢相信 明天是我在Stars Hollow高中的最后一天 |
[17:52] | I know. | 我明白 |
[17:54] | – Today I was so excited, I dressed for gym. – You’re kidding! | – 今天我很兴奋 我还换了体育课的衣服 – 真的啊! |
[17:56] | – And I played volleyball. – With other people? | – 我还打排球了 – 和其他人一起? |
[17:59] | And I learned all this time I was avoiding group sports… | 我也意识到之前我不参加这些团体活动 |
[18:02] | was very smart, because I suck at them. | 是明智的 因为我玩得真的很烂 |
[18:04] | You got that from me. | 那你是受我遗传了 |
[18:06] | – Where’s your pate? – At Zsa Zsa Gabor’s house. | – 你的馅饼在哪儿? – 在Zsa Zsa Gabor家 |
[18:08] | I’m going to the store, because you have nothing. | 好吧 我要去商店 因为你这儿什么都没有 |
[18:11] | – Do you feel like duck? – Lf it’s made with chicken, absolutely. | – 想吃鸭子吗? – 如果是用鸡肉做的就吃 当然 |
[18:14] | – I’ll be back. – Bye. | – 待会儿回来 – 拜 |
[18:17] | All right, this will give you an idea. | 好了 先这样弄一下 |
[18:20] | – Go see how you like it. – Okay. | – 去看看怎么样 – 好的 |
[18:24] | I love being a private school girl. | 我喜欢当私立学校的女生 |
[19:09] | Hi, Mom. | 嗨 妈妈 |
[19:11] | Lorelai! My goodness, this is a surprise. | Lorelai! 我的老天 还真是个惊喜啊 |
[19:15] | Is it Easter already? | 复活节已经到了? |
[19:17] | No, I just finished up my business class, and I thought I would stop by. | 不是的 我刚上完商务课 我想该顺便过来看看 |
[19:21] | – To see me? – Yes. | – 来看我? – 是的 |
[19:24] | Isn’t that nice. | 真好啊 |
[19:26] | – Come in. – Thanks. | – 进来吧 – 谢谢 |
[19:33] | – The place looks great. – It hasn’t changed. | – 这地方真不错啊 – 根本就没变过 |
[19:37] | There you go. | 说的是啊 |
[19:40] | How are the girls at the bridge club? | 桥牌俱乐部的姑娘们怎么样了? |
[19:43] | Old. | 都老了 |
[19:46] | Good. | 好啊 |
[19:53] | You said you were taking a business class? | 你说你在上商务课? |
[19:56] | Yeah. I’m taking a business class at the college twice a week. | 是的 我在大学里上商务课 一周两次 |
[20:00] | I’m sure I told you. | 我肯定我跟你说过 |
[20:01] | If you’re sure, then you must have. | 你要是肯定的话 那就是说过了 |
[20:07] | – Would you like some tea? – I would love some coffee. | – 要喝点茶吗? – 我想喝点咖啡 |
[20:10] | – Emily, I’m home. – We’re in here. | – Emily 我回来了 – 我们在这儿 |
[20:14] | Hi, Dad. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[20:16] | What is it, Christmas already? | 怎么了? 圣诞节到了? |
[20:19] | Lorelai was taking a business class at the college today… | Lorelai 今天在大学里上商务课 |
[20:22] | and decided to drop in to see us. | 决定突然过来看看咱们 |
[20:24] | What business class? | 什么商务课? |
[20:25] | – She told us about it, dear. Remember? – No. | – 她跟我们说过的 亲爱的 记得吗? – 不记得 |
[20:31] | Actually, I came here for a reason. | 其实 我来是有原因的 |
[20:34] | Dad, would you mind sitting down for a minute? | 爸爸 你介意坐下来一会儿吗? |
[20:36] | – You need money. – I have a situation. | – 你需要钱 – 我有状况 |
[20:39] | – You need money. – Dad, just please let me get this out, okay? | – 你需要钱 – 爸爸 先让我说完 好吗? |
[20:44] | Rory has been accepted to Chilton. | Rory被Chilton录取了 |
[20:48] | Chilton? That’s a wonderful school. | Chilton? 那是个很不错的学校 |
[20:51] | It’s only five minutes from here. | 离这儿才5分钟的路 |
[20:53] | That’s right, it is. She can start as early as Monday. | 没错 就是那里 她周一就可以开始上课了 |
[20:57] | The problem is that they want me to put down an enrolment fee… | 问题是他们要我交入学费 |
[21:01] | plus the first semester’s tuition. | 还有第一个学期的学费 |
[21:03] | I have to do that immediately or she loses her spot. | 我必须马上凑齐 不然她就失去这个位置了 |
[21:06] | So you need money. | 所以你需要钱 |
[21:10] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:12] | But it’s not for me, it’s for Rory. | 但不是为了我 是为了Rory |
[21:15] | I intend to pay you back, every cent. I don’t ask for favors. You know that. | 我会还给你们的 每一分钱 我通常不求人的 你知道的 |
[21:19] | Yes, we know. | 是啊 我们知道 |
[21:21] | I’ll get the checkbook. | 我去拿支票簿 |
[21:24] | Thank you. You have no idea. Thank you. | 谢谢 你不知道 太谢谢你了 |
[21:28] | – On one condition. – So close. | – 有个条件 – 就差一步了 |
[21:30] | Since we are now financially involved in your life… | 因为我们现在在财政上牵扯进了你的生活… |
[21:34] | I want to be actively involved in your life. | 我想要更加深入你的生活 |
[21:38] | What does that mean, Mother? | 什么意思? 妈妈 |
[21:40] | – I want a weekly dinner. – What? | – 我要周末聚餐 – 什么? |
[21:44] | Friday nights, you and Rory will have dinner here. | 周五晚上 你和Rory过来吃晚餐 |
[21:47] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[21:48] | And you have to call us once a week… | 你还要一周打个电话给我们 |
[21:50] | to give us an update on her schooling and your life. | 向我们汇报她在学校和你生活的最新情况 |
[21:54] | That’s it. That’s the condition. | 就是这样 这就是条件 |
[21:56] | If you agree, you’ll come to dinner tomorrow night… | 如果你同意的话 明晚你们就来吃晚餐 |
[21:59] | and leave here with the check. | 走的时候把支票给你 |
[22:00] | Otherwise, I’m sorry, we can’t help you. | 不然的话 很遗憾我们帮不了你 |
[22:07] | I don’t want her to know that I borrowed money from you. | 我不想她知道我找你们借钱 |
[22:11] | Can that just be between us? | 可以只有咱们知道吗? |
[22:13] | Does 7:00 work for you? | 7点钟 你有问题吗? |
[22:16] | Perfect. | 好极了 |
[22:34] | And we get to wear uniforms. | 我们要穿制服 |
[22:36] | No more people checking you out to see what you’re wearing… | 不会再有人再打量你穿了什么 |
[22:39] | ’cause everyone’s dressed alike in boring clothes, just there to learn. | 因为每个人都穿着单调的衣服 去那里就是为了学习 |
[22:43] | Okay, there’s academic-minded, and then there’s Amish. | 是啊 有了学术派 就有了安曼派教徒 (Amish 以严格之教义以朴素之生活方式著称) |
[22:46] | – Funny. – Thank you. | – 真好笑啊 – 谢谢 |
[22:48] | – I told my mom you’re changing schools. – Was she thrilled? | – 我跟我妈说了你要转学 – 她是不是乐得都抽过去了? |
[22:51] | The party’s on Friday. I got to go. | 派对是周五 我该走了 |
[22:54] | I have to have a pre-hayride cup of tea with a future doctor. | 我要和未来的医生先去喝杯出游前的暖身茶 |
[22:58] | – How do I look, Korean? – Spitting image. | – 我看起来怎样 够韩国人吗? – 酷似 |
[23:00] | – Good. Bye. – Bye. | – 好的 拜 – 拜 |
[23:11] | God! | 天啊! |
[23:13] | You’re like Ruth Gordon, just standing there with the tannis root. | 你就跟Ruth Gordon一样 手拿坦尼斯根站在那里 |
[23:16] | – Make a noise. – Rosemary’s Baby. | – 出个声啊 – 《魔鬼怪婴》(Rosemary’s Baby) |
[23:25] | – Yeah. – That’s a great movie. | – 是啊 – 好电影 |
[23:28] | You’ve got good taste. | 你很有品位 |
[23:32] | Are you moving? | 你要搬家吗? |
[23:34] | No, just my books are. | 不 只是我的书 |
[23:36] | My family just moved here from Chicago. | 我家刚从芝加哥搬到这里 |
[23:38] | Chicago. Windy. Oprah. | 芝加哥 大风 Oprah(著名脱口秀主持人) |
[23:43] | Yeah, that’s the place. | 没错 就是那里了 |
[23:46] | I’m Dean. | 我是Dean |
[23:47] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[23:51] | Rory. Me. That’s me. | Rory 我 我的名字 |
[23:55] | – Lorelai, technically. – Lorelai. I like that. | – Lorelai 应该说 – Lorelai 我喜欢 |
[23:59] | It’s my mother’s name, too. She named me after herself. | 这也是我妈的名字 她用自己的名字为我命名 |
[24:01] | She was in the hospital thinking about how men name boys after themselves… | 她当时在医院 男人总用自己的名字给儿子取名 |
[24:05] | so why couldn’t women? She says her feminism took over. | 为什么女人就不行? 她说是她的女权主义在作祟 |
[24:08] | Personally, I think a lot of Demerol also went into that decision. | 个人认为 Demerol对这个决定也起了不小的作用 (Demerol 分娩常用止痛药) |
[24:12] | I never talk this much. | 我从来不怎么说这个的 |
[24:15] | I better go. | 我该走了 |
[24:18] | – Sure. – I have to go look for a job. | – 是啊 – 我得去找个工作 |
[24:20] | Okay, good. | 好啊 好的 |
[24:25] | – You should check with Miss Patty. – What? | – 你可以去Patty小姐那看看 – 什么? |
[24:28] | About the job. You should check with Miss Patty. | 工作的事 你可以去她那儿看看 |
[24:31] | She teaches dance. She was actually on Broadway once. | 她教跳舞 其实她真的在百老汇表演过一次 |
[24:34] | I don’t really dance much. | 我不怎么跳舞的 |
[24:37] | No, she just knows everything that’s going on in town. | 不是的 只是她知道镇上发生的每件事 |
[24:40] | She’ll know if someone’s looking. | 如果有人在招工她一定知道的 |
[24:44] | Great. Thanks. | 好极了 多谢 |
[24:50] | – What are you doing now? – Nothing much. | – 你现在要做什么? – 没什么 |
[24:55] | I should throw this away at some point. | 我得先把这些东西给扔了 |
[24:58] | Maybe you could show me where this Miss Patty’s place is. | 那或许你可以带我去Patty小姐那里 |
[25:01] | Yeah, I guess so. I really don’t have anything important to… | 是啊 我想可以 我的确没什么重要的事… |
[25:05] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[25:14] | – Have you lived here all your life? – Yes. Pretty much. | – 你一直都住在这里吗? – 是啊 差不多 |
[25:18] | – I was actually born in Hartford. – That’s not far. | – 其实我是在Hartford出生的 – 不太远 |
[25:20] | – Thirty minutes with no traffic. – Really? | – 不堵车的话30分钟 – 真的? |
[25:23] | – I timed it. – Okay, then. | – 我算过时间 – 是啊 |
[25:30] | – Do you like cake? – What? | – 你喜欢蛋糕吗? – 什么? |
[25:34] | They make really good cakes here. | 这里的蛋糕做得特别好 |
[25:37] | They’re very round. | 很圆 |
[25:40] | Okay, I’ll remember that. | 好的 我会记着的 |
[25:42] | Good. Make a note. | 好的 记下来吧 |
[25:44] | You wouldn’t want to forget where the round cakes are. | 你不会想要忘记哪里卖圆蛋糕的 |
[25:49] | How are you liking Moby Dick? | 你觉得《白鲸记》怎么样? |
[25:51] | – It’s really good. – Yeah? | – 非常不错 – 是吗? |
[25:52] | – Yeah, it’s my first Melville. – Cool. | – 是的 是我看的Melville的第一本书 – 不错 |
[25:55] | I know it’s cliche to pick Moby Dick as your first Melville, but… | 我知道选择《白鲸记》 作为你读Melville的第一本书很老套 但是… |
[26:00] | How did you know I was reading Moby Dick? | 你怎么知道我读《白鲸记》的? |
[26:05] | – I’ve been watching you. – Watching me? | – 我一直在观察你 – 观察我? |
[26:07] | Not in a creepy I’m-watching-you sort of way. I’ve noticed you. | 不是那种变态的 只是看着你而已 注意你 |
[26:12] | – Me? – Yeah. | – 我? – 是的 |
[26:14] | When? | 什么时候? |
[26:16] | Every day. | 每天 |
[26:19] | After school, you come out and sit under that tree, and you read. | 放学后 你走出教室 坐在那棵树下读书 |
[26:22] | Last week it was Madame Bovary. This week it’s Moby Dick. | 上个星期是《包法利夫人》这个星期是《白鲸记》 |
[26:27] | – But why would you… – Because you’re nice to look at… | – 但你为什么… – 因为你那样很好看 |
[26:30] | and because you’ve got unbelievable concentration. | 因为你有种难以置信的专注 |
[26:33] | What? | 什么? |
[26:34] | Last Friday, two guys were tossing a ball… | 上周五 有两个家伙在玩投球 |
[26:36] | and one guy nailed the other right in the face. | 其中一个人把球扔到了对方的脸上 |
[26:38] | It was a mess. Blood everywhere, the nurse came out… | 一团糟 到处都是血 护士都赶来了 |
[26:41] | the place was in chaos, his girlfriend was freaking out… | 场面很混乱 他的女朋友吓坏了 |
[26:44] | and you just sat there and read. You never even looked up. | 而你就坐在那里看书 你甚至都没抬头看一眼 |
[26:48] | I thought, “I’ve never seen anyone read so intensely before in my entire life.” | 我就想”我这辈子还没见过有谁看书看得如此专心” |
[26:53] | “I have to meet that girl.” | “我要见见这个女孩” |
[26:55] | Maybe I just didn’t look up because I’m unbelievably self-centered. | 或许我不抬头看 是因为我太自我了 |
[27:00] | Maybe, but I doubt it. | 可能 但我不相信 |
[27:06] | – Did I ask you if you like cake? – Yeah, you did. | – 我问过你喜不喜欢蛋糕了吗? – 是的 问过了 |
[27:11] | ‘Cause they have really good cake back there. | 因为这里的蛋糕做得真的很好 |
[27:25] | You were late getting home tonight. | 你今天回来晚了 |
[27:28] | Yeah, I went to the library. | 是的 我去图书馆了 |
[27:33] | We’re having dinner with the grandparents tomorrow night. | 明晚我们要和姥姥姥爷一起吃晚饭 |
[27:36] | We are? But it’s September. | 什么? 可是才9月啊 |
[27:39] | – So? – So what holiday is in September? | – 所以? – 所以哪个假期是在9月啊? |
[27:42] | Look, it’s not a holiday thing. It’s just dinner, okay? | 听我说 不是什么假期 只是晚餐而已 好吗? |
[27:44] | Fine. Sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 |
[27:51] | Red meat can kill you. Enjoy. | 红肉会害死你 慢用 |
[27:58] | I finished hemming your skirt today. | 我今天把你的裙子弄好了 |
[28:04] | A grunt of acknowledgement might be nice. | 麻烦你哼一声回应我一下 |
[28:07] | Why are we going to dinner tomorrow night? | 咱们明晚为什么要过去吃饭? |
[28:09] | What if I had plans? You didn’t even ask me. | 要是我有计划了怎么办? 你都没问过我 |
[28:11] | – Lf you had plans, I’d have known. – How? | – 如果你有计划 我会知道的 – 怎么知道? |
[28:14] | You would’ve told me. | 你会告诉我的 |
[28:15] | I don’t tell you everything. I have my own things. | 我不是所有事都跟你说的 我有自己的事情 |
[28:17] | – Fine, you have things. – That’s right. I have things. | – 是啊 你有自己的事 – 是这样的 我有事 |
[28:21] | – I had dibs on being the bitch tonight. – Just tonight? | – 今晚轮到我不讲理 – 只是今晚吗? |
[28:24] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你到底是怎么了啊? |
[28:29] | I’m not sure I want to go to Chilton. | 我不确定自己是否想去Chilton |
[28:32] | – What? – The timing is just really bad. | – 什么? – 现在真的不是时候 |
[28:35] | The timing is bad? | 不是时候? |
[28:37] | And the bus ride to and from Hartford, it’s 30 minutes each way. | 去Hartford来回都要坐公车 每趟都要花半个小时 |
[28:40] | I can’t believe what I’m hearing. | 我真不敢相信我听到的 |
[28:42] | I don’t think we should be spending that money right now. | 我想咱们现在不该把钱花在这个上 |
[28:45] | I know Chilton’s got to be costing you a lot. | 我知道Chilton要花很你很多钱 |
[28:48] | You’ve no idea. | 你不知道 |
[28:49] | Your money should be going into buying an inn with Sookie. | 你所有的钱都该用来和Sookie开一家自己的旅馆 |
[28:52] | What about college? What about Harvard? | 那大学怎么办? 哈佛怎么办? |
[28:54] | We don’t know I can’t get into Harvard if I stay where I am. | 我们又不知道我留在这儿的话 是不是就考不上哈佛了 |
[28:58] | Enough of the crazy talk, okay? | 这种疯话我不要再听了 好吗? |
[29:00] | I appreciate your concern, but I have this covered. | 我很感激你的关心 但我已经解决了 |
[29:04] | – I still don’t want to go. – Why? | – 我还是不想去 – 为什么? |
[29:06] | – Because I don’t. – I have to get out of here. | – 因为我不想 – 我受够了 |
[29:13] | We have to pay first. | 我们得先结帐 |
[29:42] | One, two, three. It’s a waltz, ladies. Susie, do you have to tinkle? | 1 2 3 这是华尔兹 女士们 Susie 你是要尿了吗? |
[29:47] | Then uncross your legs, darling. | 双腿打开 亲爱的 |
[29:48] | Rory, I think I found a job for your male friend. | Rory 我想我给你的男性朋友找到工作了 |
[29:53] | What male friend? | 什么男性朋友 |
[29:54] | They need a stock boy at the supermarket. | 他们的超市需要货物员 |
[29:56] | I already talked to Taylor Doose about him. | 我已经跟Taylor Doose提过他了 |
[29:58] | Just send him around tomorrow. | 明天让他过去就可以了 |
[30:00] | – Okay, thanks. – What male friend? | – 好的 谢谢 – 什么男性朋友? |
[30:03] | He’s very cute. You have good taste. | 他很帅 你很有品位 |
[30:07] | Hands in the air, not in the nose. | 双手举到空中 不要放在鼻子里 |
[30:11] | You’ll have to walk faster than that. | 你最好走得再快一点 |
[30:13] | You’ll have to turn into frigging Flo Jo to get away from me. | 你要变成讨厌的Flo Jo才能躲的过我 |
[30:21] | This is about a boy. Of course! | 是因为一个男生! 当然了! |
[30:23] | I can’t believe I didn’t see it. All this talk about money and bus rides. | 真不敢相信我竟然没想到 所有这些关于钱啊坐公车啊 |
[30:27] | You’ve got a guy, and you don’t wanna leave school. | 你认识了一个小伙子 你就不想离开这个学校了 |
[30:30] | – I’m going to bed. – God, I’m so dense. | – 我要去睡觉了 – 上帝啊 我真是笨啊 |
[30:32] | It should’ve been my first thought. After all, you’re me. | 我应该首先就想到这个的 毕竟你就是我 |
[30:36] | – I’m not you. – Really? | – 我不是你 – 是吗? |
[30:38] | Someone ready to throw important life experiences out to be with a guy? | 有人为了某个男生 就准备好抛开一次重要的人生经历了? |
[30:41] | – It sounds like me to me. – Whatever. | – 我听着这就是我啊 – 随便了 |
[30:44] | – Who is he? – There’s no guy. | – 他是谁? – 谁也不是 |
[30:46] | Dark hair, romantic eyes, looks a little dangerous? | 黑头发 深情的双眼 看起来有点坏坏的? |
[30:48] | – This conversation’s over. – Tattoos are good, too. | – 谈话结束 – 有纹身也不错 |
[30:51] | I don’t wanna change schools because of all the reasons… | 我不想换学校的理由 |
[30:54] | I’ve already told you a thousand times. | 我已经跟你说过上千遍了 |
[30:55] | If you don’t want to believe me, that’s fine. Goodnight. | 如果你不想相信我 无所谓 晚安 |
[30:58] | Does he have a motorcycle? | 他有摩托车吗? |
[31:00] | If you’re going to throw your life away, he’d better have a motorcycle! | 如果你想丢开自己的生活 那他最好有辆摩托车 |
[31:08] | – I think that went pretty well, don’t you? – Thanks for the knock. | – 我看这样还真不错啊 你说呢? – 谢谢你敲门 |
[31:12] | Listen, can we just start all over, okay? | 听我说 我们重新开始 好吗? |
[31:14] | You tell me all about the guy, and I promise not to let my head explode. | 你跟我说这个男生的事 我保证不会抓狂 |
[31:20] | Rory, please talk to me. | Rory 拜托跟我说说 |
[31:24] | Okay, I’ll talk. | 好吧 我说 |
[31:25] | Don’t get me wrong, guys are great. | 别误会我的意思 男生很棒 |
[31:27] | I am a huge fan of guys. | 我是男生们的超级大粉丝 |
[31:30] | You don’t get knocked up at 16 being indifferent to guys. | 要是对男生毫无兴趣就不会在16岁大肚子了 |
[31:34] | Babe, guys are always gonna be there. This school isn’t. | 宝贝 男生到处都是 可学校却不是啊 |
[31:37] | It’s more important. It has to be more important. | 这个更重要 这个应该更受重视 |
[31:40] | I’m going to sleep. | 我要睡觉了 |
[31:45] | You’ve always been the sensible one in this house. | Rory 你一直都是这房子里理智的那个 |
[31:48] | I need you to remember that feeling now. | 我现在要的是理智的你 |
[31:51] | You will kick your own butt later if you blow this. | 如果这次你放弃了 将来你会想踢自己屁股的 |
[31:54] | – It’s my butt. – Good comeback. | – 屁股是我自己的 – 说的好 |
[31:57] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. Rory, come on. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 Rory 别这样 |
[31:59] | I don’t want to talk about this. Could you please just leave me alone? | 我不想谈这个 你让我自己待会好吗? |
[32:04] | Okay. Fine. | 好 好吧 |
[32:10] | We’ve always had a democracy in this house. | 咱们这个家一直都是民主的 |
[32:12] | We never did anything unless we both agreed. | 咱们只做双方都同意的事 |
[32:15] | But now I guess I’m gonna have to play the mom card. | 但现在我看我得使出”妈妈牌”了 |
[32:19] | You are going to Chilton whether you want to or not. | 你要去Chilton上学 不管你愿不愿意 |
[32:22] | Monday morning, you will be there. End of story. | 周一早晨 你就得到那里 讲完了 |
[32:26] | – We’ll see. – Yeah, we will. | – 走着瞧吧 – 好啊 走着瞧 |
[32:55] | Okay. One, two… | 好的 1 2… |
[32:59] | – I swear I don’t know what happened. – It’s not important. | – 我发誓我不知道发生了什么事 – 那不重要 |
[33:03] | I’ve made that dish a hundred times. It never exploded. | 这道菜我做了不下一百次 从来没爆炸过 |
[33:06] | – Please forget it. – God, I killed a Viking. | – 忘了吧 – 老天 我毁了一台Viking(厨具品牌) |
[33:09] | You should fire me or make me pay the cost of a new stove… | 你应该炒了我 或者让我来赔新炉子的钱 |
[33:13] | – out of my paycheck. – Whatever you want. | – 从我的薪水里扣 – 听你的 |
[33:15] | I can’t afford a new stove. Those things are expensive. | 我赔不起新炉子 这玩意儿太贵了 |
[33:17] | Sookie, please, I am begging you, pull yourself together. | Sookie 拜托 我求你 冷静一点 |
[33:21] | I got no sleep last night, and I think I put my contacts in backwards. | 我昨晚没睡 还有我想我把隐形戴反了 |
[33:25] | – Rory’s still mad at you? – I’m not so crazy about her, either. | – Rory还在生你气? – 我的气也还没消呢 |
[33:28] | It was a fight. Mothers and daughters fight. | 那是吵架 母女之间经常吵架 |
[33:31] | No, we don’t fight. We never fight. | 不 我们不是吵架 我们从来不吵架 |
[33:34] | You told me to tell you when your daughter arrived. | 你闺女来了的话 你要我告诉你 |
[33:36] | – She’s here, and she’s sitting in my chair. – Hold on just a minute. | – 她到了 就坐在我的椅子上 – 等一下 |
[33:44] | And you are the one left standing. | 你就是最后的胜利者啊 (跟炉子打架 你赢了啊) |
[33:46] | Life is a funny thing, no? | 人生真是有意思 是不是? |
[33:51] | No muumuu today. You know what’s weird? I kind of miss it. | 今天没穿穆穆袍 知道吗 很奇怪我还有些怀念 |
[33:54] | You left me a note to meet you here. | 你给我留了字条让我来这儿找你 |
[33:56] | I thought you might want to work a couple hours, make a little extra cash. | 我想你或许需要打两个小时的工 赚点外快 |
[34:00] | – Fine. – You’re not gonna give me… | – 好吧 – 你不会想要… |
[34:02] | the Mommie Dearest treatment forever, are you? | 永远像《亲爱的妈咪》里那样对我吧? |
[34:04] | You wanted me here, I’m here. Should I do something or what? | 你要过来 我来了 我是不是该做点什么? |
[34:08] | Yeah, go home. Dinner’s at 7:00. Be ready to go. | 是的 回家去吧 晚饭是7点钟 做好准备 |
[34:12] | – Fine. – Fine. | – 好吧 – 好吧 |
[34:18] | My chair. | 我的椅子啊 |
[34:32] | Do we go in or do we just stand here reenacting The Little Match Girl? | 咱们是要进去还是就站在这重演”卖火柴的小女孩”? |
[34:39] | Look, I know we’re having a thing here, and I know you hate me… | 听着 我知道现在咱们之间有问题 我知道你讨厌我 |
[34:43] | but be civil, at least through dinner… | 但至少你要礼貌地吃完这顿饭 |
[34:45] | and then on the way home you can pull a Menendez. Deal? | 等回家的路上你再给我来Menendez那一套 好吗? (Menendez兄弟俩枪杀了其双亲) |
[34:49] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[34:57] | – Hi, Grandma. – You’re right on time. | – 嗨 姥姥 – 真准时 |
[35:00] | Yeah, no traffic at all. | 是啊 没堵车 |
[35:04] | I can’t tell you what a treat it is to have you girls here. | 你们不知道我有多高兴你们能来 |
[35:08] | We’re excited, too. | 我们也很兴奋 |
[35:11] | Is that a collector’s cup, or can I throw it away for you? | 那杯子是拿来收集的吗? 还是我帮你扔了? |
[35:14] | – In the kitchen, please. – Sorry. | – 扔到厨房 谢谢 – 抱歉 |
[35:19] | – I want to hear all about Chilton. – I haven’t actually started yet. | – 我想听听所有关于Chilton的事 – 事实上还没开始呢 |
[35:27] | – Richard, look who’s here. – Rory. | – Richard 看看谁来了 – Rory |
[35:32] | – You’re tall. – I guess. | – 你长高了 – 我想是吧 |
[35:35] | – What’s your height? – 5’7″. | – 你有多高了? – 5尺7寸 |
[35:37] | – That’s tall. She’s tall. – Hi, Dad. | – 很高啊 她很高 – 嗨 爸爸 |
[35:41] | – Lorelai, your daughter’s tall. – I know. It’s freakish. | – Lorelai 你女儿很高啊 – 我知道 真是有够奇怪 |
[35:45] | We’re thinking of having her studied at MIT. | 我们在考虑让她去念麻省理工 |
[35:48] | – Champagne, anyone? – That’s fancy. | – 来杯香槟吗? – 真华丽 |
[35:51] | It’s not every day I have my girls here for dinner… | 我的姑娘们可不是天天都来吃饭的 |
[35:54] | on a day the banks are open. | 只在银行开门的日子 |
[35:56] | A toast: To Rory entering Chilton… | 为Rory进入Chilton |
[35:59] | and an exciting new phase in her life. | 和她人生中的新阶段 干杯 |
[36:01] | Hear, hear. | 干杯 |
[36:04] | Let’s sit, everyone. | 咱们坐下吧 |
[36:10] | This is just wonderful. | 真是太好了 |
[36:12] | An education is the most important thing in the world, next to family. | 教育是这个世界上最重要的一见事 其次就是家庭 |
[36:16] | And pie. | 还有派 |
[36:21] | Joke. | 玩笑 |
[36:41] | – Rory, how do you like the lamb? – It’s good. | – Rory 你觉得羊肉怎么样? – 很好 |
[36:43] | – Too dry? – No, it’s perfect. | – 太干吗? – 不 刚刚好 |
[36:47] | The potatoes could use a little salt, though. | 不过土豆尼可以再咸一点 |
[36:49] | Excuse me? | 你说什么> |
[36:51] | So, Grandpa, how’s the insurance biz? | 姥爷 保险生意怎么样? |
[36:54] | People die, we pay. People crash cars, we pay. | 人们死了 我们掏钱 人们撞车了 我们掏钱 |
[36:58] | – People lose a foot, we pay. – At least you have your new slogan. | – 人们少了一只脚 我们掏钱 – 至少你有新口号了 |
[37:03] | – How are things at the motel? – The inn? They’re great. | – 汽车旅馆怎么样了? – 你问旅馆啊? 好极了 |
[37:07] | Lorelai’s the executive manager now. Isn’t that wonderful? | Lorelai现在是主管了 是不是很棒? |
[37:10] | Speaking of which, Christopher called yesterday. | 顺便说一句 Christopher昨天打电话来 |
[37:13] | Speaking of which? How is that a speaking of which? | 顺便说一句? 是有多顺便啊? |
[37:16] | He’s doing very well in California. | 他在加里弗尼亚发展的很好 |
[37:18] | His internet start-up goes public next month. | 他的网络下个月开始公开运作 |
[37:20] | This could mean big things for him. Very talented man, your father. | 这对他来说可是个大事 非常有天赋的男人 你的爸爸 |
[37:23] | – She knows. – He always was a smart one, that boy. | – 她知道 – 他一直都很有脑子 那个孩子 |
[37:27] | You must take after him. | 你一定是遗传自他 |
[37:29] | Speaking of which, I’m going to get a Coke. Or a knife. | 顺便说一句 我要去拿杯可乐 或者拿把刀 |
[37:52] | Hi, how are you doing? | 嗨 你好吗? |
[37:59] | – I think I’m going to go talk to her. – No. I’ll go. | – 我想我该去跟她聊两句 – 不 我来 |
[38:02] | You stay and keep your grandfather company. | 你留下来 陪着你姥爷 |
[38:09] | Lorelai, come back to the table. | Lorelai 回桌子那儿去 |
[38:11] | Is it going to be like this every Friday night? | 是每个周五都要这样吗? |
[38:13] | I come over and let the two of you attack me? | 我过来就是为了让你们两个攻击我? |
[38:15] | – You’re being very dramatic. – Dramatic? | – 你也太戏剧化了 – 戏剧化? |
[38:17] | – Were you at that table just now? – Yes, I was. | – 你刚才在桌子旁吗? – 是的 我在 |
[38:20] | You took what your father said the wrong way. | 你误会你爸说的话了 |
[38:22] | The wrong way? How could I have taken it the wrong way? | 误会? 我怎么会误会呢? |
[38:25] | – What was open to interpretation? – Keep your voice down. | – 有什么能解释一下吗? – 小点声音 |
[38:27] | No, Mother. I can’t take it anymore. Tonight has been like a nightmare. | 不 妈妈 我受够了 今晚简直就是场噩梦 |
[38:31] | You’re dripping all over the floor. | 你把水都滴到地上了 |
[38:34] | Why do you pounce on every single thing I say? | 干吗我说的每句话你都要找麻烦? |
[38:36] | That’s absurd. You’ve barely uttered a word all night. | 胡扯 你今晚都没说几句话 |
[38:39] | – That’s not true. – You said “pie.” | – 才不是呢 – 你说了”派” |
[38:41] | – Come on. – You did. All I heard you say was “pie.” | – 少来 – 你说了 我就听见你说”派”了 |
[38:43] | Why bring up Christopher? Was that really necessary? | 干吗要扯到Christopher? 有这个必要吗? |
[38:46] | – He likes Christopher. – Isn’t that interesting? | – 他喜欢Christopher – 还真有意思啊? |
[38:48] | Because, as I remember, when Christopher got me pregnant… | 因为我记得 Christopher把我肚子搞大的时候 |
[38:51] | Dad didn’t like him so much. | 爸爸可不这么喜欢他 |
[38:53] | You were 16. What were we supposed to do, throw you a party? | 你那时才16岁 我们能怎么办呢? 给你开个派对? |
[38:57] | We were disappointed. The two of you had such bright futures. | 我们那时很失望 你们两个本该有那么美好的未来 |
[39:00] | Yes. And by not getting married, we got to keep those bright futures. | 是啊 多亏了没结婚 我们才保住了美好前程 |
[39:05] | When you get pregnant, you get married. A child needs a mother and a father. | 当你怀孕了 你就得结婚 孩子需要爸爸妈妈 |
[39:10] | Do you think Christopher would have his own company now… | 妈妈 你觉得要是当时我和他结了婚 |
[39:13] | if we were married? You think he’d be anything at all? | 他今天还能有自己的公司吗? 他还会有今天的一切吗? |
[39:15] | Yes, I do. Your father would’ve put him… | 是的 当然 你父亲会给他在保险公司 |
[39:17] | in the insurance business, and you’d be living a lovely life right now. | 安排一个职位 而你现在就会过上幸福的生活了 |
[39:21] | He didn’t want to be in the insurance business. | 他不想进保险业 |
[39:23] | And I am living a lovely life right now. | 而我现在就是过得很幸福 |
[39:26] | – That’s right. Far away from us. – Here we go. | – 是啊 远离我们 – 噢 又来一遍 |
[39:29] | You took that girl and completely shut us out of your life. | 你带走那孩子 完完全全地把我们排除在你生活之外 |
[39:32] | – You wanted to control me. – You were still a child. | – 那是因为你想要控制我 – 你那时还是个孩子 |
[39:35] | I stopped being a child the minute the strip turned pink, okay? | 当那一条变成粉红色时 我就不再是孩子了 好吗? (指验孕棒) |
[39:38] | I had to figure out how to live. I found a good job. | 我得自谋生路 我找到了一份好工作 |
[39:41] | As a maid. With all your brains and talent. | 当个女佣 侮辱了你的脑子和天赋 |
[39:44] | I worked my way up. I run the place now. | 我升职了 现在我是主管 |
[39:47] | I built a life on my own with no help from anyone. | 我有了自己的生活 没靠任何人的帮助 |
[39:50] | Yes, and think of where you would’ve been if you’d accepted a little help. | 是啊 想想要是你接受别人一点帮助 今天你会是什么样啊? |
[39:54] | And where Rory would have been? | Rory又会怎样呢? |
[39:56] | But no, you were always too proud to accept anything from anyone. | 但是没有 因为你太骄傲所以不肯接受任何帮助 |
[39:59] | I wasn’t too proud to come here to you two… | 至少我没骄傲到不来这里见你们两个… |
[40:03] | begging for money for my kid’s school, was I? | 来求你们借钱给我 让我的孩子上学 是不是? |
[40:05] | No, you certainly weren’t. | 是啊 你当然没有 |
[40:07] | But you’re too proud to let her know where you got it from, aren’t you? | 但由于你的骄傲 你不肯让她知道钱是从哪儿来的 不是吗? |
[40:10] | Fine, you have your precious pride, and I have my weekly dinners. | 好吧 你有你宝贵的自尊 我有我的周末聚餐 |
[40:16] | Isn’t that nice? We both win. | 这样不好吗? 双赢 |
[40:38] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[40:40] | I’m okay. I just… | 我没事 我只是… |
[40:42] | Do I look shorter? Because I feel shorter. | 我看起来矮吗? 因为我觉得自己变矮了 |
[40:46] | How about I buy you a cup of coffee? | 我给你买杯咖啡怎样? |
[40:53] | You drive, though, ’cause I don’t think my feet will reach the pedals. | 你开车吧 因为我恐怕我的脚踩不到踏板 |
[40:59] | – Nice dinner at the grandparents’ house. – Yeah. Her dishes have never been cleaner. | – 姥姥姥爷家的饭很好吃 – 是啊 她的盘子从来没这么干净过 |
[41:03] | You and Grandma seemed to have a nice talk. | 看来你和姥姥聊得很不错 |
[41:06] | – How much did you hear? – Not much. | – 你听到了多少? – 没多少 |
[41:08] | Snippets. | 断断续续的 |
[41:10] | – Little snippets. – So basically everything? | – 很断断续续? – 那就是基本都听到了? |
[41:12] | – Basically, yes. – The best-laid plans. | – 基本上 是的 – 真是完美计划啊 |
[41:20] | I think it was really brave of you to ask them for money. | 我觉得你肯开口找他们借钱 很勇敢 |
[41:23] | I so do not want to talk about it. | 我很不想说这个 |
[41:27] | How many meals is it gonna take till we’re off the hook? | 我们要吃多少顿饭才能解脱? |
[41:29] | I think the deli spread at my funeral will be the last one. | 我看得等我葬礼上那顿了 |
[41:37] | Wait, does that mean… | 等等 那是不是说… |
[41:40] | Can’t let a perfectly good plaid skirt go to waste. | 不能浪费一条漂亮的格子裙啊 |
[41:43] | Honey, you won’t be sorry. | 噢 亲爱的 你不会后悔的 |
[41:51] | You look nice. Really nice. | 你很帅 真的很帅 |
[41:56] | I had a meeting earlier at the bank. They like collars. | 我之前在银行有个会 他们喜欢有领子的衣服 |
[42:00] | You look nice, too. | 你也很不错 |
[42:02] | I had a flagellation to go to. | 我之前去挨了顿打 |
[42:06] | – What’ll you have? – Coffee, in a vat. | – 你们要什么? – 咖啡 大杯的 |
[42:11] | I’ll have coffee also. And chili fries. | 我也要咖啡 还有辣薯条 |
[42:14] | That’s quite a refined palate you got there. | 你的口味还真高雅 |
[42:21] | Behold the healing powers of a bath. | 瞧瞧洗澡的还原功效啊 |
[42:26] | Tell me about the guy. | 跟我说说那小子 |
[42:28] | You know what’s really special about our relationship? | 你知道咱们之间关系最特别的是什么吗? |
[42:31] | The total understanding about the need for one’s privacy. | 我们很清楚彼此需要隐私 |
[42:34] | You really understand boundaries. | 你很清楚界限是什么 |
[42:37] | – So tell me about the guy. – Mom! | – 那跟我说说那家伙 – 妈妈! |
[42:39] | – Is he dreamy? – That’s so Nick at Nite. | – 他是不是很梦幻? – 这也太小孩子了 |
[42:42] | – I’m gonna find out anyway. – Really? How? | – 反正我早晚会知道的 – 是吗? 怎么知道? |
[42:45] | I’ll spy. | 我会暗中调查 |
[42:47] | Coffee. | 咖啡 |
[42:50] | Fries. | 薯条 |
[42:52] | I can’t stand it. This is so unhealthy. Rory, please, put down that cup of coffee. | 我真不理解 这样太不健康了 Rory 拜托 放下那杯咖啡吧 |
[42:56] | You do not want to grow up to be like your mom. | 你不会想长大后跟你妈一样吧 |
[42:59] | Sorry. Too late. | 抱歉 太晚了 |
[43:08] | – Tell me about the guy. – Check, please. | – 跟我说说那小子 – 结帐 谢谢 |
[43:11] | – Are you embarrassed to bring him home? – I’m not embarrassed. | – 你觉得带他回家很难为情? – 我不难为情 |
[43:14] | – Does he talk at all? – No, Mom, he’s a mime. | – 他没说什么吗? – 没有 妈妈 他是哑剧演员 |