时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Think of these not as a report card, | 别把这些看作成绩单 |
[00:04] | but a window into the minds of your clients, | 把它看成一扇了解你们客户的窗户 |
[00:08] | their families and support persons, | 以及他们的家人和支持者的想法 |
[00:12] | and also as a window into yourselves. | 这也是了解你们自己的一扇窗户 |
[00:16] | To see your greatest strengths | 去发现你们最大的优势 |
[00:18] | 格拉斯曼医生 你在哪 | |
[00:19] | and the areas where you have | 以及你们最需要 |
[00:20] | the greatest opportunity for growth. | 改进的地方 |
[00:24] | First round of results is already in your inbox. | 第一轮的结果已经在你们的收件箱里了 |
[00:27] | Regular updates to follow. | 之后会定期更新 |
[00:36] | Third highest in the department. | 部门排名第三 |
[00:38] | Pretty good. | 真棒 |
[00:40] | Second. | 第二 |
[00:45] | How’d you do? | 你怎么样 |
[00:46] | Fine. | 还可以 |
[00:51] | “Dr. Reznick cares deeply about people.” | 「雷兹尼克医生非常关心人」 |
[00:54] | “Sweet.” “Kind.” | 「亲切」 「善良」 |
[00:56] | “Thoughtful.” | 「体贴」 |
[00:57] | What do I have to do to get that level of service? | 我要怎么做才能得到那种水平的服务 |
[00:59] | Let me bill your insurance. | 把你的医保付给我 |
[01:03] | You have six comments. | 你有六条评价 |
[01:05] | Four “OKs.” Two “Goods.” | 四个「及格」 两个「良」 |
[01:07] | I have 46. | 我有46个 |
[01:09] | It’s hard to live in your long, sweet shadow. | 生活在你巨大又甜美的阴影下可真难 |
[01:11] | I’ll give you some pointers. We could role play. | 我会给你一些指点 我们可以角色扮演 |
[01:13] | You could be the shirtless and eager-to-please doctor, | 你可以扮演光着膀子急于讨好的医生 |
[01:16] | and I’ll be the sexy-but-demanding patient | 而我则是性感又苛刻的病人 |
[01:18] | with a nasty fungal infection. | 有着严重的真菌感染 |
[01:28] | Top five. Nice work. | 前五名 干得好 |
[01:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:31] | But as Chief of Surgery, wouldn’t hurt to aim higher. | 但作为外科主任 目标再高一点也无妨 |
[01:35] | Speaking of which, where’s my numero uno? | 说到这 我的第一名去哪了 |
[01:38] | Dr. Rendon. Top of the class. | 伦东医生 部门第一名 |
[01:40] | Oh, he was called away on | 他被叫去 |
[01:41] | a medical mission in Guatemala. | 危地马拉做医疗援助了 |
[01:43] | It was urgent. | 挺紧急的 |
[01:45] | Heroic. | 真英雄 |
[01:46] | When will he be back? | 他什么时候回来 |
[01:47] | Should be just a few more days. | 应该要再过几天 |
[01:49] | In the future, please let me know | 以后 有任何长时间的缺勤 |
[01:51] | about any extended absences, hmm? | 请让我知晓 好吗 |
[01:54] | He can’t make our clients happy | 他不在国内又怎么能 |
[01:56] | if he’s not in the country. | 让我们客户高兴呢 |
[02:00] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[02:03] | I had the lowest ranking in | 我在整个外科部门中 |
[02:05] | the entire surgical department. | 排名最低 |
[02:07] | I made five people “very uncomfortable.” | 我让五个人「非常不舒服」 |
[02:10] | Seven patients said I talked weird, | 七个患者说我说话很怪 |
[02:12] | and one woman was “a little creeped out” by my manner. | 还有一个女性被我的行为方式「吓了一跳」 |
[02:15] | The algorithm has some major blind spots. | 这个算法有一些重大疏漏 |
[02:17] | I can make it better. I’ll talk to Salen. | 我可以改进它 我会和萨伦聊聊 |
[02:19] | No. The data reflects actual opinions. | 不 数据反映了真实的意见 |
[02:26] | I will learn how to make people feel comfortable | 我要学着怎么让人们感到舒适 |
[02:29] | and improve my scores. | 并提高我的分数 |
[02:47] | Rosa Castillo, 35, needs immediate bypass surgery | 罗莎·卡斯蒂略 35岁 急性肾衰竭 |
[02:50] | for acute kidney failure. | 需要立即做搭桥手术 |
[02:51] | She was treated for renal artery stenosis three years ago. | 三年前她因为肾动脉狭窄接受过治疗 |
[02:54] | Looks like the stent failed. | 看来支架失效了 |
[02:56] | This imaging is barely readable. It’s from 1985. | 这张图片几乎看不清 1985年拍的 |
[02:59] | Try Guatemala. Mateo sent her here. | 联系下危地马拉那边 马蒂奥把她送过来的 |
[03:01] | They don’t have the equipment for a bypass. | 他们没有搭桥手术需要的设备 |
[03:04] | Ms. Castillo. | 卡斯蒂略女士 |
[03:06] | I am Dr. Lim. This is Dr. Wolke. | 我是林医生 这位是沃克医生 |
[03:08] | I heard so much about you. | 久闻你的大名 |
[03:10] | The Chief. La Jefa. | 首席 老板 |
[03:13] | Well, hopefully, we can have you in the O.R. | 希望接下来的几个小时 |
[03:15] | in the next couple of hours. | 你能进手术室 |
[03:17] | We already have your medical history | 我们已经从伦东医生那里拿到你的病史了 |
[03:18] | from Dr. Rendon, which helps. | 这对我们帮助很大 |
[03:20] | Teo told me I would be in good hands here. | 蒂奥告诉我这里会有人照顾我 |
[03:24] | Uh, is that what all his patients call him back home? | 他家那边的病人都这么叫他吗 |
[03:28] | Probably just the ones who dated him. | 可能只有和他约会过的人 |
[03:37] | Bruising of the jaw, sublingual hematoma, | 下巴瘀伤 舌下血肿 |
[03:39] | most likely a parasymphyseal fracture. | 很可能是下颌骨骨折 |
[03:41] | It’s just a little bump. I’m fine. | 只是一个小突起 我没事 |
[03:44] | – You’re not fine, Dad. – How did it happen? | -你有事 爸爸 -这是怎么回事 |
[03:46] | Ah, some kids were horsing around outside | 我开店门的时候 有几个孩子 |
[03:48] | when I was opening up. | 在外面胡闹 |
[03:49] | He runs a hardware shop. They attacked him. | 他经营着一家五金店 他们袭击了他 |
[03:53] | It was an accident. | 这是个意外 |
[03:54] | I fell off the sidewalk into someone’s side-view mirror. | 我在人行道上摔下来撞到了别人的侧视镜上 |
[03:57] | Your jaw’s broken. | 你的下巴断了 |
[03:59] | They pushed you off the sidewalk, | 他们把你推下人行道 |
[04:01] | told you to not get them sick. | 跟你说别传染他们 |
[04:03] | They were just being stupid. | 他们只是在犯傻而已 |
[04:05] | She’s so sensitive. | 她太敏感了 |
[04:06] | Checking for abnormal movement of the mandible | 检查下颌骨是否有异常运动 |
[04:08] | or any malocclusion. | 或任何咬合不正 |
[04:10] | Okay, we need to file a report. | 好吧 我们得报案 |
[04:11] | A report? Why would I… | 报案 我为什么要 |
[04:16] | The fractured bone and tongue are sliding backwards, | 骨折的骨头和舌头在向后滑动 |
[04:18] | blocking his oropharynx. | 阻塞了他的口咽部 |
[04:20] | We need to secure the airway, now! | 我们确保他的呼吸道通畅 快 |
[04:25] | Placing the last two-millimeter miniplate. | 放上最后一个两毫米的微型接骨板 |
[04:29] | He must have been in a lot of pain. | 他一定很痛苦 |
[04:31] | Good for you | 你可真厉害 |
[04:32] | if you can stay positive after a hate crime. | 在经历了仇恨犯罪之后还能这么乐观 |
[04:36] | Satisfactory occlusion and fragment reduction. | 咬合很好 碎片复位 |
[04:39] | Doctors Allen and Murphy, | 艾伦医生和莫菲医生 |
[04:41] | let’s remove the temporary MMF. | 把临时的颌骨内固定移除吧 |
[04:43] | Mr. Song and his daughter | 宋先生和他的女儿 |
[04:45] | see the same situation very differently. | 看待同样的情况的方式非常不一样 |
[04:51] | He’s bradycardic. Heart rate dropped to 35. | 他心动过缓 心率下降到35 |
[04:54] | And hypotensive, 73 over 42. | 血压过低 73/42 |
[04:55] | Let’s dial back the sedation and opiates, | 降低镇静剂和麻醉剂的用量 |
[04:57] | push one milligram I.V. atropine. | 静脉注射一毫克阿托品 |
[05:06] | Maybe an adverse reaction to the anesthesia? | 也许是麻醉的不良反应 |
[05:08] | We need to figure out if there’s an underlying cardiac problem. | 我们得弄清楚他是否有潜在的心脏问题 |
[05:11] | Get a post-op EKG, echo in recovery, | 做个术后心电图 并在恢复期做个超声 |
[05:13] | and check for electrolytes. | 检查下电解质 |
[05:15] | And I need to figure out | 我得想想办法 |
[05:17] | how to get a good review from both of them. | 如何才能得到他们两个的好评 |
[05:29] | How’s the water pressure? | 水压怎么样 |
[05:32] | – Fine. – I decreased output by 5%. | -还行 -我调低了5% |
[05:35] | Saves 150 gallons a month, $17,000 annually. | 每月节省682升水 每年节省11万人民币 |
[05:40] | Which, in three years and five months, | 这样 三年零五个月后 |
[05:43] | will make up for what you’re about to spend | 就可以弥补你将要为伦东医生 |
[05:45] | operating on this new client, | 送到我们这来的新客户 |
[05:47] | whom Dr. Rendon gifted us. | 所做手术的花费 |
[05:50] | Mateo’s commitment to patients | 马蒂奥对患者负责任 |
[05:52] | is the reason he’s numero uno in the department. | 是他在这个部门排名第一的原因 |
[05:55] | My concern isn’t Mateo. | 我担心的不是马蒂奥 |
[05:57] | You allowed him to fly in an uninsured patient | 你允许他送来一个没有保险的病人 |
[06:00] | without informing me. | 而不告知我 |
[06:04] | Do I still have the autonomy to run my own department? | 我还有管理自己部门的自主权吗 |
[06:08] | I hope you see yourself | 我希望你不仅仅把自己 |
[06:09] | as more than just the head of one department. | 视作一名部门主管 |
[06:11] | You are a vital member of the Ethicure family. | 你还是爱思医疗家庭的重要成员 |
[06:14] | We have to work together, | 我们必须通力协作 |
[06:16] | all of us, or we will all… | 我们所有人 不然我们都会 |
[06:25] | …falter. | 衰退 |
[06:30] | The colors on these are wild. | 这上面的颜色很大胆 |
[06:33] | That yellow would look great with your complexion. | 那种黄色和你的肤色很相配 |
[06:36] | Full-crested double gerbera daisies. | 两朵全冠的非洲菊 |
[06:38] | Mr. Song has sinus rhythm on his EKG. | 心电图显示宋先生是窦性心律 |
[06:41] | Normal electrolytes, and no abnormalities on the echo. | 电解质正常 超声无异常 |
[06:44] | Which rules out a lot, | 这就排除了很多可能性 |
[06:45] | but not a P.E. or small cardiac contusion. | 但不是因为体育锻炼或轻微的心脏挫伤 |
[06:48] | Get a CTA chest. | 做个胸部血管造影 |
[06:50] | Gerberas produce excessive amounts of pollen, | 非洲菊的花粉太多了 |
[06:53] | which can trigger migraines. | 可能会引发偏头痛 |
[06:56] | You don’t need to be here for this. | 你不必在这讨论这个 |
[07:00] | – Text me. – Yeah. | -给我发消息 -好 |
[07:02] | Excellent point about the gerberas. | 关于非洲菊这一点想得很好 |
[07:04] | Lucky me, working with such | 我真幸运 能和一对 |
[07:06] | a fabulous, knowledgeable couple. | 这么棒 又知识渊博的夫妇共事 |
[07:08] | Mm, gerberas are notoriously big pollen producers. | 非洲菊是出了名的花粉来源 |
[07:11] | It’s an obvious point, not an excellent one. | 这是一个显而易见的观点 并不算很好 |
[07:14] | You called Lea and me “fabulous.” | 你说莉亚和我「这么棒」 |
[07:16] | Are you using hyperbolic language to make us like you? | 你是在用夸张的语言让我们喜欢你吗 |
[07:19] | Mm, I think the language was pretty accurate, actually. | 事实上 我觉得用词很准确 |
[07:24] | I’m trying to improve | 我在试着提高 |
[07:25] | my own client satisfaction scores, | 我的客户满意度评分 |
[07:27] | which are poor. | 目前有点差劲 |
[07:30] | You received 97% five-star reviews on Yelp. | 你在点评网上有97%的五星评价 |
[07:33] | Your methods must be very effective. | 你的方法一定很有效 |
[07:35] | Are you using hyperbolic language to make us like you? | 你是在用夸张的语言让我们喜欢你吗 |
[07:39] | It’s all about appeasing and affirming. | 归根究底就是安抚和肯定 |
[07:42] | Appease. Give the customers what they want. | 安抚 把客户想要的给他们 |
[07:44] | And affirm. Make them feel | 肯定 让他们感觉 |
[07:46] | that what they want is wise and good, | 他们想要的是明智的 美好的 |
[07:48] | which in your case, it is very much so. | 就你而言 情况就更是如此 |
[08:01] | Rotating everything medially | 把所有东西都旋转到内侧 |
[08:03] | to expose the renal vessels. | 暴露肾血管 |
[08:05] | I got three lap choles | 我这有三个腹腔胆囊术 |
[08:07] | waiting for Dr. Rendon on Wednesday, | 等着伦东医生周三做 |
[08:10] | little thank-you gift | 小小的回敬礼物 |
[08:10] | for letting us operate on his patient. | 谢谢他让我们给他的病人做手术 |
[08:13] | Well, might be Thursday before he’s back. | 他可能要到周四才回来 |
[08:16] | Sorry the humanitarian crisis is screwing up your schedule. | 抱歉 人道主义危机打乱了你的计划 |
[08:21] | There’s a massive aneurysm cutting off blood flow. | 有个巨大的动脉瘤阻断了血液流动 |
[08:25] | There’s no way to get vascular control for reconstruction. | 没办法控制血管进行重建 |
[08:28] | We might be able to do a bypass | 我们也许可以从主动脉或髂动脉 |
[08:29] | from the aorta or iliacs. | 做个血管绕道手术 |
[08:31] | There are several aneurysmal segments | 沿着腹主动脉 |
[08:33] | along the abdominal aorta. | 有几段动脉瘤 |
[08:35] | This one’s abnormal, too. | 这个也不正常 |
[08:38] | All of her arteries are defective. | 她所有的动脉都有缺陷 |
[08:52] | You should take me on a date tonight. | 你今晚应该带我去约会 |
[08:54] | It’s a lecture on leadership in medicine by Dr. Chandra. | 有场钱卓拉医生关于医学领导力的讲座 |
[08:57] | Recipient of two NIH grants. | 他是国家卫生研究所两项资助的获得者 |
[08:59] | That’s not a date. That’s homework. | 那不是约会 是作业 |
[09:01] | Starting the scan. | 开始扫描 |
[09:02] | There’s a cocktail party after. | 之后有个鸡尾酒会 |
[09:06] | How about we spend our time | 不如我们去做 |
[09:07] | doing that role playing you suggested? | 你建议的那个角色扮演怎么样 |
[09:09] | You know, minus the fungus. | 除去真菌那一部分 |
[09:11] | The infection was the whole motivation for my character. | 感染是我扮演这个角色的全部动机 |
[09:15] | Your guy’s heart is fine. | 他的心脏没问题 |
[09:17] | Make sure you break the good news. | 你要确保是你把这个好消息说出来 |
[09:18] | Should bump up your scores a notch. | 这样应该可以提高你的分数 |
[09:26] | The tests show your heart function | 检查表明你心脏的功能 |
[09:27] | and anatomy are normal. | 和组织结构都很正常 |
[09:29] | The episode during surgery | 手术期间的发作 |
[09:30] | was probably just a minor anesthesia reaction. | 可能只是轻微的麻醉反应 |
[09:33] | You should be good to go very soon. | 你应该很快就能走了 |
[09:35] | Thank you, Dr. Allen. | 谢谢你 艾伦医生 |
[09:40] | We can stop by the police station on the way home | 我们可以在回家的路上去趟警察局 |
[09:42] | so you can make a statement. | 这样你可以录个口供 |
[09:44] | I told you, no reports, no statements. | 我跟你说过 不报案 不录口供 |
[09:47] | BP is 133 over 70. | 血压是133/70 |
[09:49] | Checking O2 sat. | 检查氧饱和度 |
[09:50] | Appa,these things are underreported. | 阿爸 这种事报案的太少了 |
[09:54] | Our relatives, our friends, | 我们的亲戚 朋友 |
[09:57] | our people are getting hurt out there. | 我们的人在外面正受到伤害 |
[10:00] | “Our people.” | 「我们的人」 |
[10:01] | It’s not us versus them. | 我们和他们不是对立的 |
[10:04] | That doesn’t help anyone. | 这对任何人都没有好处 |
[10:05] | You don’t think we’re seen as different? | 你不认为我们被看作异类吗 |
[10:06] | You wantto be seen as different. | 是你自己想被视作与众不同 |
[10:08] | You rub people’s faces in it. | 你让别人难堪 |
[10:10] | That’s why you aren’t getting anywhere. | 这就是为什么你没有任何成长 |
[10:12] | You don’t have a real job… | 你没有一个正经工作 |
[10:13] | Community organizing is a real job. | 社会组织是一份正经工作 |
[10:17] | I am lucky to have such | 我很幸运 |
[10:19] | fabulous, knowledgeable clients. | 有这样棒 这样博学的客户 |
[10:22] | Emily, you’re right | 艾米莉 你说得没错 |
[10:24] | about the importance of recognizing problems. | 认识到问题所在是很重要的 |
[10:28] | Mr. Song, it is wise | 宋先生 |
[10:30] | to be concerned for your daughter’s professional future. | 关心你女儿的职业前途是非常明智的 |
[10:37] | Please, Appa. | 拜托了 阿爸 |
[10:39] | Go with me to make a statement. | 跟我一起去录个口供 |
[10:41] | It’s important. | 这很重要 |
[10:43] | Not to me. | 对我来说不重要 |
[10:52] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[10:53] | Community organizing does not sound like a real job. | 社会组织听起来不像是一份正经工作 |
[10:56] | It’s a real job. | 那是一份正经工作 |
[10:57] | Heart rate dropped. | 心率下降了 |
[10:59] | A-line shows a widened pulse pressure reading. | A线显示脉压差增宽 |
[11:01] | Something is wrong with my heart? | 我的心脏出了什么问题吗 |
[11:05] | Respiration rate down, trending apneic. | 呼吸频率下降 有窒息倾向 |
[11:09] | Cushing’s Triad. | 库欣三联征 |
[11:10] | 75 grams of mannitol. | 75克甘露醇 |
[11:13] | Your heart is fine. | 你的心脏没有问题 |
[11:16] | There’s something wrong with your brain. | 有问题的是你的大脑 |
[11:26] | It’s invaded the motor strip, | 它侵入了运动皮层 |
[11:28] | left temporal, anterior corpus callosum. | 左颞叶 前胼胝体 |
[11:31] | Severe necrosis and edema, | 严重坏死和水肿 |
[11:32] | and no way to see where tumor ends and brain begins. | 看不到哪里不是肿瘤 哪里是大脑 |
[11:37] | It’s inoperable. | 这没办法做手术 |
[11:39] | I will definitely get a bad review. | 我肯定会得到一个差评 |
[11:43] | I need more time to find a surgical solution. | 我还需要一些时间来找到一个手术方案 |
[11:48] | 事件提醒 下午4:30预约了亨利·杜鲁门礼服店 | |
[11:50] | But we also need to leave for our tux fitting. | 但我们也得出发去试礼服了 |
[12:00] | We were able to bypass the renal artery | 我们本来可以用你的一条静脉 |
[12:02] | using one of your veins. | 绕过肾动脉 |
[12:03] | But new imaging showed | 但新的影像显示 |
[12:05] | you have a condition called Fibromuscular Dysplasia. | 你有肌纤维发育不良的问题 |
[12:08] | It’s caused areas of stenosis and aneurysm | 这会让你的心脏 脑部和其他主要血管中 |
[12:10] | in your heart, brain, and other major vessels. | 出现狭窄和动脉瘤 |
[12:16] | We can give you medication | 我们可以给你一些药物 |
[12:17] | to manage the underlying condition, | 来控制病情恶化 |
[12:19] | but we’ll have to do another surgery | 但我们也必须再做一次手术来 |
[12:20] | to repair each of the aneurysms. | 修复这些动脉瘤 |
[12:22] | There are risks of stroke, or major hemorrhage. | 这会有中风或大出血的风险 |
[12:25] | But without it, it’s only a matter of time | 但如果不做手术 你的动脉瘤 |
[12:28] | before one of these aneurysms ruptures. | 迟早会破裂 |
[12:37] | if anything goes wrong, | 如果手术出了问题 |
[12:40] | can you please let Teo know? | 你能告诉蒂奥吗 |
[12:43] | He should be the one to tell my family. | 应该让他通知我的家人 |
[12:48] | I wouldn’t want them to hear it from a stranger. | 我不想让他们从陌生人嘴里听到这个消息 |
[12:52] | Of course. | 当然 |
[12:58] | We could use intraoperative stimulated raman histology | 我们可以使用术中受激的拉曼组织学技术 |
[13:02] | to determine tumor tissue versus normal. | 来区分肿瘤组织和正常组织 |
[13:04] | Eh, if we resect normal tissue, | 如果我们切除了正常的组织 |
[13:06] | we can’t put it back in. | 就再也放不回去了 |
[13:08] | Drape is perfect with your physique. | 这套真合身 |
[13:11] | Intraoperative MRI guidance | 术中核磁共振引导 |
[13:13] | would help us achieve gross total resection. | 可以帮助我们把肿瘤组织全部切除 |
[13:16] | And risk resecting eloquent cortex, with major deficits. | 有风险切除有重要缺陷的运动性语言中枢 |
[13:19] | You look like a little boy. | 你看着像个小男孩 |
[13:22] | The shoulder sag is awful. Take it off. | 肩膀根本撑不起来 脱下来吧 |
[13:24] | That was neither appeasing nor affirming. | 这既不是安抚 也不是肯定 |
[13:27] | But your reviews are exceptional. | 但你的评价很中肯 |
[13:31] | You can’t just tell people what they want to hear. | 你不能只说人们想听的话 |
[13:33] | You’ve got to give them the cold, hard truth. | 你也得告诉他们残酷的真相 |
[13:36] | I always do that, and people don’t give me good reviews. | 我一直都这么做 但别人对我的评价都不好 |
[13:40] | You have to follow it with a compliment, | 你说完之后必须赞美他们 |
[13:42] | which now, thanks to your honesty, | 然后因为你的真诚 |
[13:44] | they’ll believe. | 他们就会相信你的话 |
[13:47] | Very striking with those eyes. | 这件很衬你的眼睛 |
[13:51] | I…do believe you. | 我确实相信你 |
[14:02] | Yeah, hey, Shaun. | 喂 肖恩 |
[14:03] | Um, sorry for not replying. | 对不起我没回电话 |
[14:05] | You’re late for the tux fitting. | 你试穿礼服迟到了 |
[14:08] | Oh, yeah, um… | 对 |
[14:11] | I’m in Montana? | 我在蒙大拿州 |
[14:12] | We need to reschedule your appointment. | 我们得重新安排你试礼服的时间 |
[14:15] | When will you be back? | 你什么时候回来 |
[14:17] | Well, I’m not so sure. | 我不确定 |
[14:19] | I’m heading towards a little town called Paradise, | 我要去一个叫天堂的小镇 |
[14:22] | and I’m– | 而且我… |
[14:24] | I’m thinking of hunkering down there for a little while. | 我想在这里冷静一段时间 |
[14:27] | How about Wednesday, 12:00 p.M.? | 星期三中午12点如何 |
[14:30] | Will you be done hunkering by then? | 那时候你是不是已经冷静好了 |
[14:33] | Sure. I’ll see what I can do. | 应该把 我会尽量想想办法 |
[14:40] | You are confirmed. Goodbye. | 那你确定了 再见 |
[14:43] | We have to get back to the hospital and talk to Mr. Song. | 我们得回医院跟宋先生谈谈 |
[14:46] | With only chemo and radiation, you would die soon. | 如果只做化疗和放疗 你活不了多久 |
[14:51] | But I’ve found a way to remove the tumor | 但我找到了一种方法可以用荧光灯来 |
[14:52] | using fluorescent light. | 切除肿瘤 |
[14:54] | If we administer 5-ALA before surgery, | 如果我们在手术前让你服用五胺基酮戊酸 |
[14:56] | the cancer cells will turn pink under the light. | 癌细胞就会在灯光下变成粉红色 |
[14:59] | Then we can resect those cells | 这样我们就可以将癌细胞切除 |
[15:00] | and leave healthy tissue unharmed. | 并完好无损地保留健康的组织 |
[15:02] | You will likely have paralysis on your right side, | 你的右侧可能会瘫痪 |
[15:04] | but no cognitive or speech impairment. | 但不会有认知或语言障碍 |
[15:15] | No. | 不 |
[15:17] | I’ve always taken care of myself. | 我一直很注重身体健康 |
[15:20] | Without this procedure, you’d have a year at most. | 如果不做手术 你最多只能活一年 |
[15:25] | I’d better make it count, then. | 那我最好活得有意义点 |
[15:28] | No surgery. | 不做手术 |
[15:40] | Chicken pepian, from the place down the street. | 鸡肉炖菜 街尾那家店买的 |
[15:43] | Mateo says it reminds him of home. | 马蒂奥说这让他想家 |
[15:46] | Funny. When he was “home,” | 有意思 他在「家」时 |
[15:47] | his favorite food was pizza. | 最喜欢吃的是披萨 |
[15:51] | You’re very kind. | 你人真好 |
[15:52] | I’m not sure I would be this nice | 我不确定我是否会对 |
[15:54] | to the ex-girlfriend of my current boyfriend. | 现男友的前女友那么好 |
[15:58] | Mateo told you about us? | 马蒂奥跟你说过我们的事吗 |
[15:59] | No, but you’re his type. | 没有 但你是他喜欢的类型 |
[16:01] | Beautiful. Smarter than he is. | 漂亮 比他还聪明 |
[16:06] | And Dr. Wolke let something slip. | 是沃克医生说漏嘴了 |
[16:10] | I can’t quite picture Teo here. | 我想象不出蒂奥在这里的样子 |
[16:13] | Everything is very | 一切都那么 |
[16:15] | nice. | 美好 |
[16:17] | And shiny. | 光鲜亮丽 |
[16:21] | Did you meet here? | 你们是在这里认识的吗 |
[16:24] | No. | 不是 |
[16:25] | We met in Guatemala. | 我们是在危地马拉认识的 |
[16:28] | And then he decided to move. | 然后他就决定搬家 |
[16:31] | It was a little… | 这有点太… |
[16:32] | Romantic? | 浪漫 |
[16:34] | – Crazy. – Yes. | -疯狂 -没错 |
[16:36] | He moves fast when he knows what he wants. | 他一知道自己想要什么就会很快付诸行动 |
[16:39] | We were practically living together by our third date. | 我们其实第三次约会就住在一起了 |
[16:44] | Were you together a long time? | 你们在一起很长时间吗 |
[16:46] | Six months, maybe less. | 六个月 可能还不到 |
[16:49] | Long enough for me to start imagining | 对我来说已经足够长可以开始想象 |
[16:50] | what our kids would be like. | 我们的孩子会是什么样子 |
[16:53] | But then there was a war in Congo | 但后来好像是刚果爆发了战争还是 |
[16:56] | or an earthquake in Haiti. | 海地地震了 |
[16:58] | Someone, somewhere needed him. | 总之 某个地方有人需要他 |
[17:04] | But I am glad he’s found a place to settle down. | 但我很高兴他找到了安定下来的地方 |
[17:10] | I wasn’t sure that would ever happen for him. | 我之前不确定他会不会安定下来 |
[17:19] | 已经开始想你了 我会很快回来 好好享用这瓶酒吧 马蒂奥 | |
[17:31] | 谢谢你给我的酒 那边情况如何 想你 回家时告诉我一声 你收到我的消息了吗 关于罗莎的病情 只是问一下 你周三会回来吗 | |
[18:02] | You left me. At the party? | 你在派对上丢下我走了 |
[18:04] | I was tired and bored. I went home. | 我又累又烦 就回家了 |
[18:06] | Without saying goodbye. | 都不告别吗 |
[18:08] | I was about to introduce you to Dr. Chandra. | 我正要把你介绍给钱卓拉医生 |
[18:11] | I didn’t ask you to do that. | 我没让你这么做 |
[18:12] | And I didn’t ask you to tell that guy from Stanford | 而且我也没让你告诉那个斯坦福的家伙 |
[18:14] | that I’ve done over 50 robotic surgeries, | 我做过50多次机器人手术 |
[18:15] | or give that research fellow my ABSITE scores. | 或把我的外科培训考试分数告诉那个研究员 |
[18:18] | It’s calling mingling. | 这就叫社交 |
[18:19] | Felt more like being pimped out. | 感觉更像被推销 |
[18:21] | What can I say? You’re a stud. | 我能说什么 你是个学生 |
[18:23] | I’m fine. I’m good. My scores are average, | 我没事 我很好 我的成绩一般 |
[18:25] | and it’s driving you crazy. | 这让你疯狂 |
[18:28] | You’re not average, but you shy away from the spotlight. | 你并不一般 但你不好意思站在聚光灯下 |
[18:32] | You’re a hot Korean martial artist surgeon, | 你是会功夫的性感韩裔外科医生 |
[18:35] | and your face isn’t on a poster. | 但你的脸没有出现在海报上 |
[18:37] | Why do you think that is? | 你觉得这是为什么 |
[18:40] | I just want you to reach your full potential. | 我只是希望你能充分发挥潜力 |
[18:43] | I mean, don’t you want that for yourself? | 难道你自己不想吗 |
[18:58] | Rough night? | 昨晚没睡好 |
[19:00] | Not really. Oh. | 也不是 |
[19:02] | You know, when I don’t sleep well, | 如果我睡不好 |
[19:03] | it’s usually anxiety about work | 通常是为工作焦虑 |
[19:04] | or why some hot guy isn’t texting me back, | 或者在想为什么某个帅哥不回我短信 |
[19:06] | or, oh, he sent his ex-girlfriend to me for help. | 或者是他让前女友来找我帮忙 |
[19:09] | I was up late prepping for this surgery. | 我熬夜是为了准备今天的手术 |
[19:11] | Yeah. Me, too. | 对 我也是 |
[19:13] | I have moisturizer in my bag, just, if you want it. | 我包里有润肤霜 如果你想要的话 |
[19:17] | Where is she? | 她去哪了 |
[19:18] | Rosa was stable, so I transferred her | 罗莎情况稳定了 所以我今天早上 |
[19:20] | to County Hospital this morning. | 把她转去县医院了 |
[19:22] | She’s my patient, and I’m your boss. | 她是我的病人 而且我是你上司 |
[19:24] | This is the right call for our department. | 这对我们的部门来说是正确的决定 |
[19:27] | She’ll get the care she needs, and as a non-profit… | 她会得到必要的治疗 作为非盈利… |
[19:29] | Their team has far less experience | 他们的团队做这类手术的 |
[19:31] | with this kind of surgery. | 经验尚浅 |
[19:33] | I know this patient is important to Mateo, | 我知道这位病人对马蒂奥很重要 |
[19:36] | and he’s important to you, | 而且他对你也很重要 |
[19:37] | but we cannot allocate our limited resources | 但我们不能根据个人感情来 |
[19:39] | based on personal feelings. | 分配我们有限的资源 |
[19:40] | Oh, this has nothing to do with Mateo. | 这跟马蒂奥没关系 |
[19:43] | You are risking a woman’s life | 你拿一个女人的生命冒险 |
[19:45] | so you can crawl further up Salen’s ass. | 就为了拍萨伦的马屁 |
[19:50] | I’m protecting this department, | 我在保护这个部门 |
[19:53] | which is actually your job. | 这其实应该是你的工作 |
[19:56] | Pedes just hired three new nurses. | 儿科刚刚雇了三位新护士 |
[19:58] | I got approval for a portable X-ray. | 她也批准我买便携式X光机了 |
[20:01] | When’s the last time Salen approved one of your requests? | 上次萨伦批准你的请求是什么时候 |
[20:03] | This is a hospital, not a swap meet. | 这里是医院 不是跳蚤市场 |
[20:06] | It’s her hospital. | 这是她的医院 |
[20:10] | I’m contacting County. | 我去跟县医院联系 |
[20:11] | You can’t bring her back here. | 你不能把她带回来 |
[20:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:14] | What about a limited temporal lobe resection? | 有限颞叶切除术如何 |
[20:17] | Lower the risk of future brain herniation? | 可以降低未来出现脑疝的风险 |
[20:19] | Good for preserving motor function, | 有利于保持运动功能 |
[20:21] | but he’d likely lose speech. | 但他很可能失去语言功能 |
[20:24] | Why is my dad still here? | 为什么我爸爸还在这里 |
[20:26] | He isn’t telling me anything. | 他什么都不肯告诉我 |
[20:29] | Emily, the break room is for surgical residents only. | 艾米莉 这个休息室是外科住院医师专用的 |
[20:33] | Your presence is not only prohibited, it is unwelcome. | 你在这里出现是禁止的 而且也不受欢迎 |
[20:36] | You’re distracting us from | 我们正在努力改变你爸爸的想法 |
[20:37] | trying to change your dad’s mind | 拯救他的生命 |
[20:39] | and save his life. | 你会让我们分心 |
[20:45] | That sweater is very striking with your eyes. | 这件毛衣很衬你的眼睛 |
[21:11] | You should talk to him. | 你应该跟他谈谈 |
[21:14] | So he can tell me everything’s fine? | 好让他告诉我一切都好吗 |
[21:17] | He needs you. | 他需要你 |
[21:32] | I used to be a cop. | 我以前是个警察 |
[21:35] | In part to try and please my dad. | 某种程度上是为了取悦我爸爸 |
[21:39] | He was all about being tough. | 他一直都很强硬 |
[21:41] | He always had this, uh, | 他总是竖起这样 |
[21:43] | wall up, you know? | 一堵墙 你明白吗 |
[21:47] | He came over with nothing. | 他刚来时身无分文 |
[21:49] | Didn’t know the language. | 语言不通 |
[21:52] | He got by on very little for a long time. | 他很长时间都靠微薄的收入勉强度日 |
[21:55] | It took a while for me to realize it, | 我花了很长时间才明白这一点 |
[21:57] | but being tough was just a survival strategy. | 但强硬就是他的生存策略 |
[22:05] | My dad came here when he was 19 | 我爸爸19岁时来到这里 |
[22:09] | and went “From a socket wrench and a couple bolts | 而且他说「从一个套筒扳手和一对螺栓做到 |
[22:12] | to Number One Convenience Hardware in the Bay, | 湾区第一的五金便利店 |
[22:15] | no problem.” | 没问题」 |
[22:22] | I get that he’s strong because he had to be. | 我明白他坚强是因为他不得不坚强 |
[22:29] | And I get | 我明白也正是他的坚强 |
[22:32] | that it helps him to deny how the world sees us as “Other.” | 让他拒绝承认这个世界把我们当做异类 |
[22:37] | But when you do that, | 因为你一旦承认了 |
[22:41] | it can make people who are struggling feel | 就会让苦苦挣扎的人 |
[22:44] | messed-up and… | 感觉一团糟而且 |
[22:46] | Alone. | 被孤立 |
[22:56] | Maybe he’s protecting you | 也许他保护你不是因为 |
[22:58] | not because he thinks you’re weak | 他觉得你很脆弱 |
[23:02] | but because he’d rather take on the world all by himself | 而是因为他宁愿自己扛起整个世界 |
[23:06] | than see you get hurt. | 也不想看到你受伤 |
[23:10] | Your dad’s a fighter, Emily. | 你爸爸是位斗士 艾米莉 |
[23:14] | But so are you. | 你也是 |
[23:16] | And he needs you to fight for him right now. | 他现在正需要你为他战斗 |
[23:24] | Why haven’t you told your daughter | 你为什么不告诉你女儿 |
[23:26] | what you’re going through? | 你的病情 |
[23:35] | When she was a little girl, she’d help out at the shop. | 她小时候在店里帮忙 |
[23:39] | Make a mess, more like, | 弄得一团糟 |
[23:41] | disappear in the middle of stocking fasteners. | 更像是消失在一堆吊袜带里 |
[23:45] | I’d find her hiding behind the counter. | 我会发现她躲在柜台后面 |
[23:48] | Someone said something mean, | 有些人会说些很刻薄的话 |
[23:50] | made her feel bad. | 让她很不开心 |
[23:55] | That’s… That’s the world. | 但这世界就是这样 |
[23:58] | I sell hammers to people who hate me. | 我把锤子卖给那些讨厌我的人 |
[24:02] | I get their money, they get their hammers. | 我赚到了钱 他们得到了锤子 |
[24:05] | I kept my head down, | 我埋头苦干 |
[24:07] | built a life for our family, for her. | 为家人 为她创建美好的生活 |
[24:13] | So, when I’d see her upset, I’d tell her, “Hey, | 所以 我看到她不开心时 会对她说「嘿 |
[24:16] | forget that guy. | 忘了那家伙吧 |
[24:18] | Focus on the next customer.” | 服务好下一位顾客」 |
[24:28] | I don’t want her to hurt. | 我不想让她受伤 |
[24:30] | I need to be strong for her. | 我必须为了她坚强起来 |
[24:35] | Mr. Song, | 宋先生 |
[24:38] | the best way to show your daughter what strength is… | 告诉你女儿什么是坚强的最佳方式就是 |
[24:44] | tell her what you’re going through. | 把你的病情告诉她 |
[24:48] | She’s not the little girl | 她不再是那个 |
[24:49] | hiding behind the counter anymore. | 躲在柜台后面的小女孩了 |
[25:03] | I heard you’re doing Rosa’s surgery at County. | 我听说你要在县医院做罗莎的手术 |
[25:07] | I would like to assist. | 我想做你的助手 |
[25:11] | You don’t have any surgical privileges at County. | 你没有在县医院做手术的特权 |
[25:15] | And unless you want to piss off the CEO, | 而且除非你想惹怒首席执行官 |
[25:19] | you shouldn’t do it anyway. | 否则无论如何你都不该做 |
[25:22] | Maybe you shouldn’t, either. | 也许你也不应该做 |
[25:29] | You don’t know when Dr. Rendon is coming back, do you? | 你不知道伦东医生什么时候回来 对吗 |
[25:35] | Before I got into this program, | 我加入这个项目前 |
[25:37] | I had heard so much about you, | 听说了很多关于你的事 |
[25:39] | how you were smart and talented and | 你多么聪明 多么有天赋 |
[25:43] | tough and fair. | 多么严格而又公正 |
[25:45] | And at first, | 而且一开始 |
[25:46] | I was like, “Oh, my God. Stop. I get it.” | 我觉得「天哪 闭嘴 我知道了」 |
[25:48] | But… | 但 |
[25:50] | But I didn’t. | 但我见到你后 |
[25:53] | Until I met you. | 就不这么想了 |
[25:56] | Everyone who works for you | 每一位为你工作的人 |
[25:59] | is a better doctor because of it. | 都因此成为了更优秀的医生 |
[26:04] | And I would hate | 而且我讨厌看到 |
[26:06] | to see you put everything you’ve worked for on the line | 你赌上自己努力得到的一切 |
[26:10] | for someone who | 为了那些 |
[26:13] | isn’t willing to do the same for you. | 不愿意为你做同样的事的人 |
[26:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:32] | Don’t ever give me advice again. | 不要再给我提建议了 |
[26:47] | Whatever you and Jordan said has improved the situation. | 不管你和乔丹说了什么 情况有所改善 |
[26:51] | How did you do it? | 你们怎么做到的 |
[26:54] | I just affirmed where Emily was coming from | 我只是肯定了艾米莉的初衷 |
[26:56] | and helped her see where her dad was coming from, too. | 又帮她了解她爸爸的初衷 |
[26:59] | That’s what I tried to do, | 我也试图这么做 |
[27:01] | and it made them both angry. | 但却让他们都很生气 |
[27:04] | There’s some shared experiences. | 我有共同的经历 |
[27:08] | Because you’re both Asian. | 因为你们都是亚洲裔 |
[27:11] | American, yeah. | 美国人 对 |
[27:13] | Both second generation, similar fathers. | 都是二代移民 都有相似的父亲 |
[27:17] | You’re both outsiders. | 都是局外人 |
[27:21] | Yeah. I guess that’s, uh… | 对 我想… |
[27:23] | Um, my dad | 我爸 |
[27:26] | told me about the tumor. | 跟我说了肿瘤的事 |
[27:29] | Did you convince him to accept the surgery? | 你劝他接受手术了吗 |
[27:34] | The thought | 一想到 |
[27:37] | of losing him terrifies me. | 会失去他 我就害怕 |
[27:41] | But he needs my support now. | 但他现在需要我的支持 |
[27:44] | Which means supporting his decision. | 也意味着支持他的决定 |
[27:48] | Thank you for helping me see that. | 谢谢你让我意识到这一点 |
[27:58] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[27:59] | What you and Jordan said has made the situation worse. | 你和乔丹的话让情况更糟糕了 |
[28:10] | My clients are finally in agreement with each other. | 我的患者最终达成了一致 |
[28:14] | But against me. | 但和我相反 |
[28:16] | I’m sorry, Shaun. | 抱歉 肖恩 |
[28:19] | I love the tuxes, but where’s Glassman? | 我喜欢这个晚礼服 但格拉斯曼在哪呢 |
[28:22] | Oh, he is “Hunkering down” In Paradise. | 他在天堂里「冷静」呢 |
[28:26] | Dr. Park, Emily, and I are all outsiders, | 朴医生 艾米莉和我都是局外人 |
[28:28] | but I failed to connect with her, | 但是我没能和她沟通 |
[28:30] | and Dr. Park succeeded. | 而朴医生成功了 |
[28:32] | To connect with people, | 想要和人沟通 |
[28:33] | I need them to like me, which they do not. | 我需要让他们喜欢我 而他们不喜欢我 |
[28:38] | I need new strategies. | 我需要新策略 |
[28:41] | Shaun, I know you grew up not feeling accepted, | 肖恩 我知道你从小就不被人接受 |
[28:46] | you didn’t have many friends… | 你没有太多朋友 |
[28:47] | No. I did not have any friends. | 不 我没有任何朋友 |
[28:49] | Maybe the scores are bringing up | 或许你的评分让你想起 |
[28:51] | some of those old, painful feelings? | 一些过去的 受伤的感受 |
[28:56] | The scores are providing useful data | 评分提供了有效的数据 |
[28:59] | to help me track my progress. | 帮助我记录我的进步 |
[29:01] | Many people like you. Why do you think that is? | 很多人喜欢你 你觉得是为什么 |
[29:04] | Shaun, | 肖恩 |
[29:06] | obsessing over whether or not people like you | 太过纠结人们是不是喜欢你 |
[29:09] | is a guaranteed trip to Crazytown. | 早晚会把自己搞疯的 |
[29:11] | That is very easy to say when you are likeable. | 你这么轻描淡写是因为你很受欢迎 |
[29:15] | You’re an amazing doctor, | 你是个很棒的医生 |
[29:16] | which any functioning, decent algorithm should recognize. | 任何运转正常的算法都应该能够识别 |
[29:20] | If I just talked to Salen, I… | 如果我跟萨伦说一下 |
[29:22] | No. I don’t want you to do that. | 不 我不希望你这么做 |
[29:24] | It might be simpler. | 这样更简单 |
[29:25] | Do you think I can’t improve my scores? | 你认为我不能提升我的评分吗 |
[29:29] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[29:32] | I know you can. | 我知道你可以 |
[29:39] | Mm. I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[29:46] | Securing the airway. | 保持气道 |
[29:47] | Give another two milligrams Lorazepam. | 再加两毫升氯羟去甲安定 |
[29:49] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事 |
[29:52] | The seizures and brain herniation will only get worse | 随着肿瘤增大 癫痫和脑疝 |
[29:55] | as the tumor grows. | 只会越来越严重 |
[29:57] | All we can do now is keep him in a medically induced coma. | 我们现在能做的只有用药物诱导他昏迷 |
[30:02] | Until the tumor kills him. | 直到肿瘤杀死他 |
[30:07] | Without waking up first? | 再也不会醒来了吗 |
[30:11] | There’s nothing you can do? | 你们已经无能为力了吗 |
[30:14] | You are his medical proxy. | 你是他的医疗监护人 |
[30:18] | Now, your dad rejected surgery | 你爸爸认为他还有时间 |
[30:21] | when he thought he still had time. | 所以之前他拒绝手术 |
[30:24] | It’s possible he’d make a different choice now. | 也许他现在的选择会有所变化 |
[30:33] | He made it clear he didn’t want | 他说的很清楚 他不想以任何 |
[30:35] | to live weakened in any way. | 羸弱的方式生活 |
[30:38] | He’d hate me for choosing the surgery for him. | 如果我选择手术 他会恨我的 |
[30:41] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[30:45] | That is a very bad, very irrational decision. | 这个决定非常糟糕 非常不理智 |
[30:50] | It doesn’t matter if your father hates you. | 你爸爸恨不恨你不重要 |
[30:54] | Being liked doesn’t matter, | 别人的喜好不重要 |
[30:56] | and worrying about that is | 而担心这个 |
[30:59] | a guaranteed trip to Crazytown. | 早晚会发疯的 |
[31:02] | What matters is saving your dad’s life. | 重要的是救你爸爸的命 |
[31:11] | Your watch is a very nice shade of orange. | 你手表的橙色很好看 |
[31:30] | Teo’s lucky to have you. | 蒂奥很幸运能和你在一起 |
[31:33] | I told him he better not screw this one up. | 我跟他说最好不要把这个搞砸了 |
[31:37] | You talked to him? | 你跟他说 |
[31:38] | Mm. Earlier today. | 今天早些时候 |
[31:40] | Only for a minute. | 就一分钟 |
[31:43] | He said he’ll be back soon. | 他说他很快就会回来 |
[31:46] | Hopefully. | 希望吧 |
[31:48] | The nurse will come by in a couple minutes | 护士很快就会过来 |
[31:49] | to take you to the O.R. | 推你去手术室 |
[31:59] | Hello, Dr. Glassman, | 你好 格拉斯曼医生 |
[32:01] | you haven’t accepted the calendar invite | 你还没有接受重新安排的 |
[32:03] | for the rescheduled tux fitting. | 礼服试衣的日历邀请 |
[32:04] | Should I send another one? | 需要我再发送一遍吗 |
[32:05] | Also, in attempting to improve | 还有 试图提高 |
[32:06] | my performance with my clients, | 患者满意的尝试 |
[32:08] | I have not many progress, even though… | 没有任何进展 即便… |
[32:09] | Dr. Murphy? | 莫菲医生 |
[32:14] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[32:17] | Nothing matters except saving my dad. | 没有任何事能比救我爸爸更重要 |
[32:21] | Do the surgery. | 做手术吧 |
[32:26] | Ignore the part about not making progress, | 忽略没有任何进展那部分 |
[32:28] | but please respond about the calendar invite. | 不过请回应一下日历邀请 |
[32:41] | We got over 98% of the tumor, | 我们切除了98%的肿瘤 |
[32:44] | and your prognosis is very good. | 并且你的预后非常好 |
[32:47] | As expected, we weren’t able | 一如预期 我们没能 |
[32:49] | to preserve full motor strength | 完全保留你左臂和左腿的 |
[32:50] | in your left arm and leg. | 运动能力 |
[32:54] | Who… | 谁 |
[32:55] | I told them to. | 我让他们做的 |
[33:01] | Appa, | 阿爸 |
[33:03] | I couldn’t stand to lose you. | 我不能失去你 |
[33:07] | I know you may never forgive me | 我知道你可能永远都不会原谅我 |
[33:10] | or speak to me again, | 不会再跟我说话 |
[33:13] | but at least I know you’re still here | 但至少我知道你依然 |
[33:14] | on the planet with me. | 在这个世界上陪着我 |
[33:28] | That decision… | 这个决定 |
[33:33] | …took a lot of strength. | 需要很大的勇气 |
[33:40] | Good thing my daughter’s so tough. | 还好我女儿很坚强 |
[33:44] | Wonder where I got that from. | 不知道我跟谁学的 |
[34:06] | Everything went well. | 一切顺利 |
[34:07] | I was able to repair each of the aneurysms. | 我修复了每一个动脉瘤 |
[34:09] | We should have you home in a week, maybe less. | 你应该在一周内就能回家 还可能更快 |
[34:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:21] | How did it end, between you and Mateo? | 你和马蒂奥怎么结束的 |
[34:27] | It’s none of my business. | 这事与我无关 |
[34:28] | You don’t have to answer that if you don’t want to. | 如果你不想说可以不说 |
[34:30] | He would go on medical missions all the time, | 他总是在执行医疗任务 |
[34:33] | sometimes with no notice. | 有时候不告而别 |
[34:36] | I would wake up and find a little gift, | 我醒来发现一个小礼物 |
[34:39] | like a book or a bottle of wine, | 比如一本书或者一瓶酒 |
[34:41] | and a sweet note. | 还有甜蜜的留言 |
[34:44] | After a few days, or weeks, | 几天或者几周后 |
[34:47] | he would come back, and everything would be good. | 他就会回来 然后一切如常 |
[34:53] | And then one time, he didn’t. | 然而有一次 他没有回来 |
[35:01] | I waited for a long time. | 我等了很久 |
[35:05] | Too long. | 太久了 |
[35:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[35:25] | You want to get some dinner? | 你想吃晚饭吗 |
[35:26] | I make a fairly average lasagna. | 我做的千层面平平无奇 |
[35:29] | Ah, I have to finish this | 我得写完这个 |
[35:30] | proposal for Dr. Chandra’s lab. | 钱卓拉实验室的申请书 |
[35:33] | Unless you want to work on it together. | 除非你想和我一起写 |
[35:36] | I’m good. | 不了 |
[35:41] | You know, the day I handed in my badge, | 我上交警徽的那天 |
[35:46] | my dad told me I was weak. | 我爸爸说我太软弱 |
[35:50] | And then he didn’t say | 然后他一年间 |
[35:51] | anything else to me for a year. | 都没有跟我说话 |
[35:54] | I was only able to do it because of him. | 我只是因为他才能做得到 |
[35:58] | I’d watched him make tough choices my whole life. | 我一辈子都在看着他做出艰难的选择 |
[36:05] | It cost me a lot to get here, | 我用尽全力走到这里 |
[36:09] | but I’m finally in a good place. | 不过我终于走到了乐土 |
[36:10] | I love my work | 我爱我的工作 |
[36:11] | and my pain-in-the-ass girlfriend. | 和我的刺头女友 |
[36:19] | I don’t know if that’s “Reaching my full potential,” | 我不知道这是不是「充分发挥潜力」 |
[36:24] | but I’m happy. | 但是我很开心 |
[36:27] | And I fought too hard for that | 我已经够努力了 |
[36:29] | to let anyone tell me it’s not enough. | 不需要任何人告诉我这还不够 |
[36:34] | Even the person who makes me the happiest. | 哪怕是最让我开心的人 |
[36:40] | I’ll eat the lasagna. | 我会吃千层面 |
[36:48] | I need to know | 我需要知道 |
[36:49] | at some point “Good” is gonna be good enough. | 某种程度上的「好」就足够了 |
[36:52] | For you. For us. | 对你 对我们 |
[36:58] | I’m ambitious. That doesn’t mean I’m broken. | 我有野心 但不代表我崩溃了 |
[37:03] | I think you’re unhappy. | 我觉得你不开心 |
[37:07] | As long as I’ve known you, | 我从认识你起 |
[37:08] | you’ve been reaching for the next rung of the ladder. | 你就一直在努力向上爬 |
[37:12] | Will it ever be enough? | 什么时候才会满足 |
[37:39] | 我很感谢莫菲医生来做手术 拯救我爸爸的生命 他对手术的想法很棒 结果也很好 他绝对是非常有才的外科医生… | |
[37:48] | 不过也有一些不和谐的时候使我困扰 比如 莫非医生似乎(很奇怪) 对于我爸爸在手术室不能呼吸很兴奋 这无疑让人不安 | |
[37:59] | 在进行新的疗法和药物之前 我的医生会花时间解释可能的风险和副反应 我觉得我的医生关心我 我信任我的医生 | |
[38:11] | Hi. You haven’t reached Aaron Glassman. | 喂 你没有接通亚伦·格拉斯曼 |
[38:15] | So I’ll call you back. Sometime. | 我会择时回电话给你 |
[38:17] | Hi. It’s Lea. Call me back. | 喂 我是莉亚 给我回电 |
[38:19] | And call Shaun. He needs you. | 也打给肖恩 他需要你 |
[38:53] | Did transferring that young woman make you feel | 把那个年轻女人转院让你感觉 |
[38:57] | crappy? | 很糟糕吗 |
[38:58] | It was the right call. | 决定很正确 |
[39:05] | Yeah. | 是 |
[39:07] | Pretty crappy. | 非常糟糕 |
[39:12] | A few years ago, a colleague made me take | 几年前 一个同事让我 |
[39:14] | one of those online tests that | 做一个在线测试 |
[39:16] | tells you if you’re a sociopath. | 看看你是不是反社会人 |
[39:22] | I’m not. | 我不是 |
[39:25] | I’m just committed. | 我只是尽忠职守 |
[39:28] | Allowing feelings to influence business decisions leads to… | 让感情影响商业决策会导致… |
[39:31] | Bad decisions. | 错误决定 |
[39:32] | Yes. Exactly. | 正是 |
[39:35] | You think like somebody who knows how to be in charge. | 你的思维像一个领导人 |
[39:42] | So why aren’t you anymore? | 所以你为什么不做领导了 |
[39:47] | I made a good call. | 我做了一个正确的决定 |
[39:49] | The board made a bad one. | 董事会做出了一个糟糕的决定 |
[39:54] | Would you like to have dinner? With me. | 你可以和我一起吃晚饭吗 |
[39:59] | Before you answer, you should know that going out with me | 回答之前 你应该知道和我吃饭 |
[40:01] | will not benefit you professionally in any way. | 不会对你的职业生涯有好处 |
[40:03] | Or personally, maybe. | 或者个人好处 |
[40:06] | Who’s to say? | 谁知道呢 |
[40:07] | And turning me down will have no repercussions. | 拒绝我也不会有任何后果 |
[40:10] | Feelings do not influence business. | 感情不应该影响经营 |
[40:12] | I can sign something to that effect. | 我可以签个类似的承诺书 |
[40:25] | I’d love to have dinner with you. | 我很乐意和你共进晚餐 |
[40:28] | Excellent. | 非常好 |
[40:30] | Do you like shawarma? | 你喜欢沙瓦玛吗 |
[40:32] | I know the best shawarma place. | 我知道哪里的沙瓦玛最棒 |
[40:34] | Oh, I love their chicken, | 我太爱他们的鸡肉 |
[40:36] | but I hear their lamb is also very good, | 不过我听说他们的羔羊肉也不错 |
[40:38] | though I don’t eat lamb anymore. | 虽然我再也不吃羔羊肉了 |
[40:39] | It makes me sad. | 令人难过 |
[41:01] | You have reached the voicemail box of… | 这里是马蒂奥·伦东医生的 |
[41:03] | Dr. Mateo Rendon. | 语音邮箱 |
[41:05] | Please record your message. | 请留下您的留言 |
[41:07] | Hi. It’s me. | 喂 是我 |
[41:14] | If you’re coming back for work, | 如果你要回来工作 |
[41:16] | I’ll see you Thursday. | 我们周四见 |
[41:22] | If you’re coming back for me… | 如果你要回来见我 |
[41:26] | …don’t. | 不必 |
[41:41] | Ranunculus. | 毛茛属 |
[41:47] | They have very low pollen, | 它们花粉少 |
[41:48] | and the colors are also…”wild.” | 并且颜色也「大胆」 |
[41:51] | These are Delano Yellow. | 这是抵蕾诺黄 |
[41:54] | Gorgeous, | 太美了 |
[41:55] | allergen-free, they’re perfect, Shaun. | 不会过敏 它们很完美 肖恩 |
[41:58] | Yes, we are celebrating my success. | 我们要庆祝我的成功 |
[42:00] | I received a new batch of scores, | 我收到了新的评分 |
[42:01] | and they are elevated 2.3 points. | 它们增加了2.3分 |
[42:05] | That’s great. | 很棒 |
[42:06] | Yes. It is. | 确实 |
[42:08] | My efforts to improve my performance | 我提升表现的努力 |
[42:10] | have been effective after all. | 最终得到了效果 |
[42:12] | And no one said I was weird. | 没有人说我奇怪 |