时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | ’80s night should be banned. | 80 年代之夜晚应该要禁止 |
[00:05] | You had a blast. | 你很尽情 |
[00:06] | I didn’t say it wasn’t fun, | 我没有说不好玩 |
[00:08] | but that decade was a crime against fashion. | 但那十年是对时尚的罪行 |
[00:11] | Tonight’s club is my pick, my vibe. | 今晚的夜店是我的心水,我的氛围 |
[00:13] | Ooh, which is? | 唔,即是? |
[00:15] | Sophisticated ladies. | 精致女士 |
[00:17] | I can work with that. | 我可以接受这个 |
[00:23] | – Shaun? – Hmm? | 肖恩? 嗯? |
[00:25] | Sure you don’t feel left out? | 你确定你不觉得被抛弃了吗? |
[00:27] | I use the time to study less invasive | 我利用时间研究侵入性较小的 |
[00:29] | bowel resection techniques. | 肠切除技术 |
[00:33] | Please be home by 11:30. | 请在 11:30 之前到家 |
[00:37] | He’s got you on a curfew? | 他对你实施宵禁? |
[00:39] | Sex schedule. Our window ends at midnight. | 性爱时间表 我们的窗口在午夜结束 |
[00:49] | It’s like I slept on gravel. | 这就像我睡在砾石上 |
[00:51] | Well, that explains your snoring. | 嗯,这就解释了你的鼾声 |
[00:53] | Your mattress should be burned. | 你的床垫应该被烧毁 |
[01:01] | It’s time to end the sleepovers | 是时候结束熬夜了 |
[01:04] | and for you to ditch the bachelor pad. | 并让你放弃单身公寓 |
[01:06] | You asking me to move into your place? | 你要我搬进你家? |
[01:09] | I’m asking you to move into a new place… | 我要求你搬到一个新的地方… |
[01:13] | With me. | 与我一起 |
[01:19] | No neutral zone to run to after a fight. | 打架后没有中立区可逃跑 |
[01:23] | Making up’s the best part. | 化妆是最好的部分 |
[01:26] | Well, it can’t hurt to look. | 好吧,看看也不会坏 |
[01:37] | This is Trent, his mother, Carrie. | 这是特伦特,他的母亲,嘉莉 |
[01:40] | Signs of severe infection on his left index finger. | 左手食指有严重感染迹象 |
[01:43] | I’m ordering a CT. | 我要预约 CT |
[01:44] | Sutures are inconsistent and crude. | 缝合线不一致且粗糙 |
[01:45] | It’s a minor upgrade. | 这是一个小升级 |
[01:49] | I installed a magnet in my finger. | 我在我的手指上安装了一块磁铁 |
[01:55] | Were you having trouble holding forks? | 你拿叉子有困难吗? |
[01:57] | It’s body art. | 是人体艺术 |
[01:58] | Yeah, he’s 17, immune to common sense. | 是的,他 17 岁,对常识免疫 |
[02:02] | Art seems like a poor descriptor | 艺术似乎是一个糟糕的描述 |
[02:04] | given the ugliness of the infection. | 鉴于感染的丑陋 |
[02:06] | The more appropriate term is “bio hacking.” | 更合适的术语是「生物黑客」 |
[02:10] | I put Neosporin on it and took ibuprofen for the swelling. | 我在上面涂了抗生素软膏 然后用布洛芬消肿 |
[02:13] | That’s worked before. | 这以前有效的 |
[02:15] | Before? | 以前? |
[02:17] | Show them. | 给他们看 |
[02:48] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我? |
[02:49] | Dr. Glassman, this is Kayla Quinn. | 格拉斯曼医生,这是凯拉·奎恩 |
[02:51] | She’s been diagnosed with major depressive disorder | 她被诊断出患有重度抑郁症 |
[02:54] | as well as chronic neuropathic pain | 以及慢性神经性疼痛 |
[02:56] | from a neck injury six years ago. | 六年前颈部受伤 |
[02:58] | The pain and depression are besties, | 痛苦和沮丧是最好的… |
[03:00] | uninvited guests that travel together, | 一起旅行的不速之客 |
[03:03] | make it so I can’t work, can’t get out of bed, | 让我不能工作,不能起床 |
[03:05] | can’t even think. | 甚至无法思考 |
[03:08] | That’s why I’d like to do this before their next visit. | 这就是为什么我想在他们下次来访之前这样做 |
[03:13] | An anterior cingulotomy seems like the… | 前扣带切开术似乎… |
[03:16] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[03:22] | She is a smart, charming | 她是个聪明、迷人 |
[03:24] | successful woman whose life… | 成功的女人,她的生活… |
[03:25] | Nice ambush. | 不错的伏击 |
[03:26] | She’s had over a decade of therapy, | 她接受了十多年的治疗 |
[03:28] | five classes of anti-depressants, | 五类抗抑郁药 |
[03:30] | and non-invasive neuro-modulation, | 和非侵入性神经调节 |
[03:31] | including C.E.S. and full-on E.C.T. | 包括 CES 和全面的 ECT |
[03:34] | She’s desperate for real relief | 她渴望真正的解决 |
[03:36] | from her pain and depression, | 从她的痛苦和抑郁中 |
[03:37] | and she’s well aware of the risks. | 她很清楚这些风险 |
[03:42] | Get me a complete medical and psychological history | 给我一份完整的医疗和心理史 |
[03:44] | and a couple of residents. | 和几个住院医生 |
[03:47] | We’re just gonna talk about it. | 我们只是会谈论一下 |
[03:53] | Not sure who’s struggling more, | 不知道谁更苦 |
[03:55] | the overwhelmed, super-critical mom | 不知所措,超级挑剔的妈妈 |
[03:58] | or the sad, self-harming teen. | 或悲伤,自残的青少年 |
[04:00] | Trent called it an upgrade. | 特伦特称之为升级 |
[04:02] | He’s not trying to self-harm, he is trying to self-improve. | 他不是要自残,而是要自我提升 |
[04:06] | Well, whatever the terminology, | 嗯,不管用什么术语 |
[04:07] | he cut into his finger with an X-ACTO knife. | 他用一把 X-Acto 刀切开了自己的手指 |
[04:10] | Okay. His technique was primitive, | 好的 他的技术很落后 |
[04:13] | but considering he lacks formal training | 但考虑到他缺乏正规训练 |
[04:15] | and used only one hand, I am impressed. | 而且只用了一只手,我仍是蛮佩服 |
[04:18] | Don’t be. | 不要这样 |
[04:21] | Bony marginal erosion. | 骨边缘侵蚀 |
[04:24] | If the infection spreads, he could lose that finger. | 如果感染扩散,他可能会失去那根手指 |
[04:28] | For starters. | 而这只是「头盘」 |
[04:35] | It’s the modern equivalent of a lobotomy. | 它相当于现代的脑叶切除术 |
[04:37] | “Modern” being the operative word. | 「现代」是关键词 |
[04:39] | We’d be burning lesions into a key brain center. | 我们会将病变烧入一个关键的大脑中心 |
[04:41] | That could alter her personality, | 这可能会改变她的性格 |
[04:43] | impair cognitive function… | 损害认知功能… |
[04:44] | Her depression and reoccurring acute pain | 她的抑郁症和反复发作的急性疼痛 |
[04:46] | are already doing that. | 已经如此影响了 |
[04:47] | Cingulotomies are effective in 67% of patients | 扣带切开术对 67% |
[04:50] | with Kayla’s symptoms. | 有凯拉症状的患者有效 |
[04:51] | With a 20% chance of adverse effects, | 有 20% 的机率产生不良反应 |
[04:53] | like loss of creativity, it could be a big deal. | 例如失去创造力,这可能是一件大事 |
[04:56] | This is Kayla Quinn. | 这是凯拉·奎恩 |
[04:59] | She launched her own company at the age of 18, | 她在 18 岁时创办了自己的公司 |
[05:02] | made millions designing scrunchies and bangles. | 制造了数以百万计的设计发带和手镯 |
[05:04] | I discussed this with her. | 我和她讨论过这个问题 |
[05:06] | Her focus is quality of life. | 她的重点是生活质素 |
[05:07] | Now, I’m sure she feels that way now, | 现在,我敢肯定她现在也有这种感觉 |
[05:09] | but once it’s done, it can’t be undone. | 但一旦完成,就无法撤消 |
[05:12] | Are there any alternatives that Kayla hasn’t tried | 有没有凯拉还未尝试过的替代方案 |
[05:15] | or should try again? | 还是应该再试一次? |
[05:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:23] | Let’s do the surgery. | 让我们做手术吧 |
[05:30] | Wait, possible amputation? | 等等,可能截肢? |
[05:32] | The infection is in the bone beneath the magnet. | 感染位于磁铁下方的骨头中 |
[05:35] | It would have been better to have brought him in sooner. | 早点把他带进来会更好 |
[05:40] | I’m a single mom. | 我是单亲妈妈 |
[05:42] | Trent… Trent’s father isn’t in the picture. | 特伦特…特伦特的父亲不在照片中 |
[05:45] | You made sure of that. | 你确定了这一点 |
[05:48] | I got divorced last year. | 我去年离婚了 |
[05:49] | Trent and I were adjusting. | 特伦特和我正在调整 |
[05:52] | But then he started hanging out with these idiot biohackers. | 但后来他开始和这些白痴生物黑客一起出去玩 |
[05:55] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢妈妈 |
[05:58] | We should remove the infected implant | 我们应该移除受感染的植入物 |
[06:00] | and start Trent on IV antibiotics. | 并开始使用静脉注射抗生素 |
[06:03] | What about the other implants? | 其他植入物呢? |
[06:05] | Shouldn’t you take them all out? | 你不应该把它们都拿出来吗? |
[06:06] | No! The other implants aren’t infected. | 不!其他植入物没有被感染 |
[06:09] | Okay. This is not a decision you get to make. | 好的 这不是你要做的决定 |
[06:13] | Once a patient is 16, it is hospital policy | 一旦病人年满 16 岁,这是医院的政策 |
[06:17] | not to perform a surgery that’s been refused | 不进行被拒绝的手术 |
[06:18] | unless that surgery is medically necessary. | 除非手术在医学上是必要的 |
[06:23] | Leaving in the other implants | 留在其他植入物中 |
[06:25] | means Trent’s still at risk for | 意味着特伦特仍然面临 |
[06:26] | sepsis and septic emboli. | 脓毒症和脓毒症栓塞的风险 |
[06:30] | Dr. Wolke is correct. | 沃尔克医生是正确的 |
[06:32] | With your consent, we can physically compel | 一经征得你的同意,我们可以强制 |
[06:34] | the surgical removal of all your son’s modifications. | 手术切除你儿子的所有修改 |
[06:37] | Good luck. I’m outta here. | 祝你好运 我要出去了 |
[06:39] | Trent. | 特伦特 |
[06:43] | Trent! | 特伦特! |
[06:48] | This is much easier than chasing him. | 这比追他容易多了 |
[06:52] | Head frame is secure. | 头架安装妥当 |
[06:54] | Stand by with the Gamma knife. | 伽玛刀准备就绪 |
[07:02] | Dr. Glassman, please stop what you’re doing. | 格拉斯曼医生,请停止你正在做的事情 |
[07:06] | This is Justin Quinn, Kayla’s conservator. | 这是贾斯汀·奎恩,凯拉的监护人 |
[07:09] | I have full authority over my sister’s medical treatment, | 我对姐姐的治疗拥有全权 |
[07:12] | and I won’t allow this surgery. | 我不会允许这个手术 |
[07:26] | Kayla sees her psychiatrist weekly, | 凯拉每周去看她的心理医生 |
[07:28] | and I check in with her daily, | 我每天都会和她一起检查 |
[07:30] | but clearly, this is not | 但显然,这不是… |
[07:32] | a weekend getaway at a cabin in Tahoe. | 在太浩湖的小屋度过周末假期 |
[07:34] | A chance e-mail from our insurance tipped me off. | 一封来自我们保险的偶然电子邮件告诉了我 |
[07:38] | She’s never lied to me like this. | 她从来没有这样骗过我 |
[07:39] | I was 12 when my parents died. | 我父母去世时我才 12 岁 |
[07:41] | My memories of them don’t seem real, | 我对他们的记忆似乎并不真实 |
[07:44] | just clips from a movie. | 只是电影的剪辑 |
[07:46] | It was our grief therapist who first | 首先诊断出她的抑郁症的 |
[07:47] | diagnosed her depression. | 是我们的悲伤治疗师 |
[07:49] | I was 22 and so out of my depth. | 我 22 岁,所以超出了我的深度 |
[07:52] | Justin and I used to do everything together. | 贾斯汀和我过去常常一起做所有事情 |
[07:55] | It was us against the world. | 是我们对抗世界 |
[07:58] | I called him Bro-dad. | 我叫他老爹 |
[08:00] | She was such a creative kid, so talented. | 她是一个如此有创造力的孩子,如此有才华 |
[08:03] | She just had a vision and wanted to run with it. | 她只是有一个愿景,并想与它一起奔跑 |
[08:05] | Who knew scrunchies and glitter bangles | 谁知道发带和闪闪发光的手镯 |
[08:07] | could be a business? | 可能是一门生意? |
[08:08] | Just took off. | 才刚上轨道 |
[08:09] | Eighteen years old, all that money and no guardrails. | 十八岁,所有的钱,没有护栏 |
[08:14] | She was out of control. | 她失控了 |
[08:16] | Clubs every night, the booze, the drugs… | 每天晚上的夜店,酒,毒品… |
[08:21] | I couldn’t help her. I couldn’t stop her. | 我无法帮助她 我无法阻止她 |
[08:25] | It was during a blackout that I fell and injured my neck. | 在停电期间,我摔倒并伤了颈部 |
[08:29] | Everything just got worse after that. | 在那之后一切都变得更糟了 |
[08:31] | The arrests piled up, underage drinking, possession, DUI. | 逮捕堆积如山,未成年饮酒,拥有,酒后驾车 |
[08:36] | I thought she was going to prison. | 我以为她要进监狱了 |
[08:38] | The judge agreed to a diversion program… | 法官同意了一项转移计划… |
[08:40] | She’s nearly O.D.’d twice. | 她几乎过度滥药两次 |
[08:41] | …called me a danger to myself. | …称我对自己有危险 |
[08:42] | The judge ruled she was incompetent. | 法官裁定她无力自理 |
[08:44] | Put my brother in charge of everything. | 让我的兄弟负责一切 |
[08:49] | He took away my life. | 他夺走了我的生命 |
[08:52] | The conservatorship saved her life. | 监管机构挽救了她的生命 |
[09:01] | All I needed to piss off my parents | 我要惹恼我的父母… |
[09:03] | were fishnets and heavy eyeliner. | 只需要用渔网和厚重的眼线笔 |
[09:06] | Of course you were a goth. | 你当然是哥特 |
[09:08] | How many times did you see The Cure? | 你看过多少次《治愈》? |
[09:10] | Four. | 四次 |
[09:12] | Robert Smith was, like, leader of our tribe. | 罗伯特史密斯就像我们部落的领袖一样 |
[09:16] | Every lonely teen needs a tribe. | 每个孤独的青少年都需要一个部落 |
[09:19] | I was lonely, but I was not a rebel. | 我很孤独,但我不是逆民 |
[09:23] | My rebellion was just being honest. | 我的反抗只是诚实 |
[09:25] | My family preferred the lie. | 我的家人更喜欢谎言 |
[09:28] | Meanwhile Trent is damaging his relationship | 与此同时,特伦特正在破坏他的关系 |
[09:31] | with his mom and his body. | 与他的妈妈和他的身体 |
[09:33] | That is not his fault. | 那不是他的错 |
[09:36] | She is his mother. | 她是他的母亲 |
[09:37] | Mothers should try to understand their children. | 妈妈们应该努力理解自己的孩子 |
[09:40] | Nice thought, but teenagers are asses. | 好主意,但青少年是蠢驴 |
[09:44] | Scientifically proven. | 科学证明 |
[09:46] | Their prefrontal cortex is underdeveloped, | 他们的前额叶皮质发育不全 |
[09:48] | leading to excessive risk-taking | 导致过度冒险 |
[09:50] | and lack of impulse control. | 和缺乏冲动控制 |
[09:52] | Margins in the soft tissue look good, | 软组织的边缘看起来不错 |
[09:54] | but keep an eye out for the infection. | 但要注意感染 |
[09:56] | Let’s close. | 让我们合上 |
[10:13] | Mr. Quinn. | 奎恩先生 |
[10:16] | Your sister’s suffering. | 你姐姐的痛苦 |
[10:18] | It’s a roller coaster with her, | 和她一起坐起伏上落 |
[10:21] | good days and bad days. | 好日子和坏日子 |
[10:23] | But your solution is to fry part of her brain. | 但你的解决方案,是煎掉她的一部分大脑 |
[10:26] | She could lose her creativity, her personality. | 她可能会失去她的创造力,她的个性 |
[10:29] | Her pain, her depression. | 她的痛苦,她的抑郁 |
[10:31] | Maybe. Those other doctors ran me through | 可能是 那些其他的医生让我经历了 |
[10:33] | the risks and the numbers. | 风险和数字 |
[10:34] | What if I could show you | 如果我能告诉你凯拉的问题 |
[10:36] | how Kayla’s issues are hard-wired in her brain? | 如何在她大脑根深蒂固? |
[10:39] | An fMRI could demonstrate how the part of Kayla’s brain | 功能磁共振成像可以证明凯拉的大脑部分 |
[10:41] | that handles emotional and pain response | 处理情绪和疼痛反应 |
[10:44] | is functionally abnormal. | 功能异常 |
[10:46] | It’ll assure you that “frying her brain” | 它会向你保证,「煎掉她的大脑」 |
[10:49] | means only frying the part of her brain that isn’t working. | 意味着只煎她大脑中无法运作的部分 |
[10:53] | And it’ll get you both off of the roller coaster. | 它会让你们俩都脱离起伏上落 |
[10:58] | The scan’s harmless. | 扫描是无害的 |
[11:08] | Okay, do it. | 好的,做吧 |
[11:19] | I’ve got it. Oh, see? I can spin it around. | 我懂了 哦,看到了吗?我可以旋转它 |
[11:21] | I need to do a post-op exam. | 我需要做一个术后检查 |
[11:25] | Oh. You have modifications. | 哦 你有修改 |
[11:28] | I’m Dixie. | 我是迪士 |
[11:30] | My right hand got messed up in a car accident. | 我的右手在车祸中弄到了 |
[11:32] | I had RFID chips put in | 我植入了射频识别芯片 |
[11:34] | so I could unlock my front door, | 这样我就可以打开我的前门 |
[11:36] | store my medical info, and do some pretty cool tricks. | 存储我的医疗数据,并做一些很劲的技巧 |
[11:40] | Are you attracted to Dixie? | 你被迪士吸引了吗? |
[11:44] | Are you concerned you’ll be less attractive to her | 你是否担心没有植入物你 |
[11:46] | without your implants? | 对她的吸引力会降低? |
[11:49] | We’re just friends. | 我们只是朋友 |
[11:50] | I host a monthly bio hacker meet up, | 我每月举办一次生物黑客聚会, |
[11:52] | and Trent’s become a regular. | 特伦特成了座上常客 |
[11:54] | The only people who get me. | 唯一知心好友 |
[11:57] | You found your tribe. | 你找到了你的部落 |
[12:03] | Incision sites look good. Right wrist please. | 切口部位看起来不错 请用右手 |
[12:06] | It was not until I came to work here at St. Bonaventure | 直到我来圣博纳文医院这里工作之后 |
[12:09] | that I felt like I was part of a community. | 我才感觉我是一个小区的一部分 |
[12:12] | I’ve read about implants that can operate prosthetics | 我读过关于可以操作义肢 |
[12:14] | and an occipital lobe electrode | 和枕叶电极 |
[12:15] | that receives visual images for sightless people. | 为失明人接收视觉图像的植入物 |
[12:18] | Oh, these technologies are very exciting. | 哦,这些技术非常令人兴奋 |
[12:20] | It’s so cool, right? | 太酷了,对吧? |
[12:21] | I was thinking I should be an engineer | 我在想我应该成为一名工程师 |
[12:23] | and I can design tech for people like Dixie. | 我可以为像迪士这样的人设计技术 |
[12:28] | How’s he recovering, Dr. Murphy? | 莫菲医生,他恢复得怎么样了? |
[12:30] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:31] | The surgeries went well. | 手术进行得很顺利 |
[12:33] | Finger looks free of infection and bacterial cultures remain negative. | 手指看起来没有感染,细菌培养保持阴性 |
[12:36] | We still need to do an MRI to assess his joints | 我们仍然需要做核磁共振来评估他的关节 |
[12:38] | but I’m optimistic. | 但我很乐观 |
[12:40] | Great. Then once I’m 18, | 很好 然后 一旦我 18 岁 |
[12:41] | I can get all my mods back in | 我就可以把我所有的模块重新装回去 |
[12:43] | by the pros who did Dixie’s. | 由做迪士的专业后援 |
[12:46] | Meaning the tattoo artist at the strip mall. | 意思是脱衣舞商场的纹身艺术家 |
[12:50] | Tattoo parlors require a public health permit. | 纹身店需要公共卫生许可证 |
[12:53] | Yes, that would be much safer than doing it himself. | 是的,这比自己做要安全得多 |
[13:02] | Rain check for tonight. | 今晚检查雨量 |
[13:04] | Surgery? | 手术? |
[13:07] | A new patient reminded me I need to spend more time | 一位新病人提醒我,我需要花更多时间 |
[13:09] | on my business ideas, less time on the dance floor. | 在我的商业想法上 在舞池上的时间更少 |
[13:13] | I see a sparkle in your eyes. What is the product? | 我看到你眼中闪烁着光芒 产品是什么? |
[13:19] | My ingestible sensor that monitors gut bacteria | 我的可摄入传感器监测肠道细菌 |
[13:22] | as it travels through the GI tract. | 当它穿过胃肠道时 |
[13:24] | Gross yet cool. | 恶心但很劲 |
[13:27] | How are you gonna collect the data? | 你将如何收集数据? |
[13:28] | Ideally, real-time monitoring. | 理想情况下,实时监控 |
[13:30] | I’m looking at wireless open-source programs. | 我正在研究无线开源应用程序 |
[13:32] | You could connect the sensor | 你可以连接传感器 |
[13:34] | with a smart phone via Bluetooth. | 通过蓝牙使用智能手机 |
[13:35] | That would be amazing. | 这将是创世巨作 |
[13:40] | But that code would be pretty complicated to write. | 但是那个代码写起来会很复杂 |
[13:43] | Not for… me. | 其…实不难 |
[13:48] | You’d have time for that on top of your IT work? | 除了 IT 工作之外,你还有时间做这些吗? |
[13:50] | Says the second-year resident looking | 由这位希望破坏医疗技术业务的 |
[13:52] | to disrupt the med-tech business. | 二年级住院医生说出口 |
[13:55] | I wouldn’t be able to pay you, at least not up front. | 我不能付钱给你,至少不能预先付款 |
[13:58] | We could divvy up the spoils. | 我们可以瓜分战利品 |
[14:07] | 75%, 25% final offer. | 75%;25% 最终报价 |
[14:08] | Hell yes, partner. | 该死的,好的,生意拍档 |
[14:10] | Welcome aboard. | 欢迎入局 |
[14:14] | Put this on your calendar… | 把这个放在你的日历上… |
[14:16] | May 2025, yacht shopping. | 2025 年 5 月,游艇购物 |
[14:18] | – Okay. – Yes! | 好的 是的! |
[14:23] | Dr. Murphy? | 莫菲医生? |
[14:26] | Please stop encouraging Trent. | 请停止鼓励特伦特 |
[14:29] | Your interest in his body modifications | 你对他的身体改造感兴趣 |
[14:32] | comes across as an endorsement. | 给人一种肯定认可的印象 |
[14:34] | I am interested. | 我有兴趣 |
[14:36] | Why would I pretend that I’m not? | 为什么我要假装我不是? |
[14:38] | Not so long ago, we were talking about amputating fingers. | 不久前,我们还在谈论截肢 |
[14:40] | Someone has to talk some sense into my son | 在他再次这样做之前 |
[14:42] | before he does this again. | 必须有人对我儿子说些道理 |
[14:46] | I’m happy to have a chat with him. | 我很高兴和他聊天 |
[14:50] | He seems to connect with Dr. Murphy. | 他似乎与莫菲医生有联系 |
[14:54] | If you talk to him, he might listen. | 如果你和他说话,他可能会听 |
[14:57] | I… would not be very good at that. | 我…不会很擅长那个 |
[15:10] | Kayla, next I’m gonna ask you a series of prompts | 凯拉,接下来我要问你一系列提示 |
[15:12] | to help us map your brain activity. | 帮助我们绘制你的大脑活动图 |
[15:14] | I’ll do my best. | 我将尽我所能 |
[15:16] | Think of a nice memory. | 想想美好的回忆 |
[15:17] | Something from a happy time. | 来自快乐时光的东西 |
[15:22] | You didn’t like any of the apartments I sent you? | 你不喜欢我寄给你的公寓吗? |
[15:25] | As predicted, altered limbic activity | 正如预测的那样 |
[15:27] | in the connections to the cingulate cortex. | 在与扣带皮层的连接中,边缘活动改变 |
[15:30] | The apartments are okay. | 公寓还可以 |
[15:32] | I’m shocked you’re so easy to please. | 我很震惊你这么容易取悦 |
[15:34] | You’re such a quibbler. | 你真是个狡猾的人 |
[15:36] | “Hate art deco.” “Low ceilings equal doom.” | 「讨厌装饰艺术」「低天花板等于厄运」 |
[15:39] | “Berber carpets hurt my feet.” | 「柏柏尔地毯令我脚痛」 |
[15:41] | Well… | 好吧… |
[15:44] | Kayla, now I need you to think of an unpleasant memory. | 凯拉,现在我需要你想想一段不愉快的回忆 |
[15:49] | Take it as a compliment that I’m so picky. | 把它当作一种恭维,说我是如此挑剔 |
[15:51] | Picky’s fine, passive not so much. | 挑剔的很好,被动没那么好 |
[15:53] | Send me some links. | 给我一些链接 |
[15:58] | More abnormal connectivity. | 更多异常连接 |
[16:02] | We’re getting motion artifacts. | 我们取得活动伪影 |
[16:04] | She’s moving around. | 她在四处走动 |
[16:06] | Kayla, can you try and hold still? | 凯拉,你能试着保持不动吗? |
[16:10] | I’m sorry. Can we please stop? | 对不起 我们可以停下来吗? |
[16:13] | – Kayla? Where does it hurt? – Mm-hmm? | 凯拉?哪里受伤了? |
[16:15] | Everywhere. | 到处 |
[16:17] | It’s back. | 它回来了 |
[16:32] | You never came to bed. | 你整晚没有上过床 |
[16:33] | We were supposed to have sex. | 我们应该行房 |
[16:35] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:36] | Our sensor keeps running out of power | 我们的传感器一直 |
[16:38] | halfway through the digestive tract. | 通过消化道的一半时断电 |
[16:41] | It’s not on the schedule, but we could have sex now. | 这不在日程上,但我们现在可以做爱了 |
[16:44] | I have to shower. | 我得冲凉了 |
[16:46] | I shower first. | 我先冲凉 |
[16:49] | Okay. I will be flexible and make you coffee. | 好的 我会灵活处理,给你冲咖啡 |
[16:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:13] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[17:25] | How’s Kayla? | 凯拉怎么样? |
[17:27] | In pain and on the edge of a full depressive episode. | 在痛苦和完全抑郁发作的边缘 |
[17:31] | I upped her gabapentin | 我增加了她的加巴喷丁剂量 |
[17:32] | and started a low-dose Ketamine IV. | 并开始了低剂量氯胺酮静脉注射 |
[17:34] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[17:38] | You know we’ll have to get her off the Ketamine | 你知道我们必须让她戒掉氯胺酮 |
[17:40] | before we take another shot at finishing the fMRI. | 才能再次拍摄完成磁共振成像 |
[17:47] | Do you not want to move in with me? | 你不想和我一起住吗? |
[17:49] | I’ve been busy. I have other patients. | 我一直很忙 我还有其他病人 |
[17:52] | Allow me to present multitasking. | 请允许我介绍多任务处理 |
[17:54] | Look at that. Three-bedroom, two-bath, | 看那个 三房两厕 |
[17:57] | courtyard building with a pool. | 带游泳池的庭院建筑 |
[17:59] | We’d have a guest room for Kellan, a shared office, | 我们会为凯兰准备一间客房,一个共享办公室 |
[18:01] | and it’s 10 minutes from the hospital. | 而且离医院 10 分钟 |
[18:04] | Well, looks like the master bedroom window’s | 嗯,看起来主卧室的窗户 |
[18:06] | overlooking the courtyard. | 可以俯瞰庭院 |
[18:07] | I know. Nice. | 我知道 好的 |
[18:08] | Not nice. Loud. | 不是很好 大声 |
[18:14] | Then show me one you do like. | 然后给我看一个你会喜欢的 |
[18:18] | Oh, hell no. | 哦,该死的 |
[18:20] | I’m gonna update the brother. | 我要向大哥更新了 |
[18:23] | You paged me? | 你给我传呼了? |
[18:24] | Good morning, Shaun. | 早上好,肖恩 |
[18:25] | Lea and I missed our sex night. | 莉亚和我错过了行房日 |
[18:27] | It is not a good morning. | 这个早上并不好 |
[18:29] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[18:31] | Mine started with a distraught mother | 我的早上从一个心烦意乱的母亲… |
[18:34] | whose son you refused | 你拒绝建议为他儿子 |
[18:35] | to advise against bio hacking? | 反对生物黑客的母亲开始? |
[18:37] | What he chooses to do when he is 18 is up to him. | 他 18 岁时选择做什么取决于他 |
[18:40] | True, but you could advise him | 是的,但你可以建议他 |
[18:42] | against the dangers of further mods. | 防止进一步改装的危险 |
[18:44] | Trent enjoys the connections he has made | 特伦特享受他 |
[18:47] | in the bio hacking community. | 在生物黑客小区所建立的联系 |
[18:49] | You really think the emotional benefits of belonging | 你真的认为归属感的情感好处 |
[18:51] | outweigh the physical dangers for this kid? | 超过这个孩子的身体危险? |
[18:54] | Teens do many dangerous things. | 青少年会做很多危险的事情 |
[18:56] | If he injured himself skateboarding, | 如果他玩滑板受伤了 |
[18:58] | should I advise him never to skateboard again, | 我应该劝他不要再玩滑板了吗? |
[19:00] | which could alienate him from his skateboarder friends? | 让他和他的滑板朋友疏远? |
[19:03] | Is there a potential for medical harm? | 是否有潜在的医疗伤害? |
[19:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:07] | Then remind your patient of that. | 然后提醒你的病人 |
[19:10] | You have no trouble being honest. | 你在说实话方面,没有困难 |
[19:14] | I’ll do it, only because you’re my boss. | 我会做,只因为你是我的老板 |
[19:19] | Case in point. | 刚好是个例子 |
[19:28] | Justin’s refusing to let me finish Kayla’s fMRI. | 贾斯汀拒绝让我完成凯拉的功能磁共振成像 |
[19:31] | He thinks her being in the hospital | 他认为她在医院 |
[19:33] | is what triggered this latest episode. | 是触发最新情绪阶段的事情 |
[19:34] | He… He’s totally dug in. | 他…他完全被埋没了 |
[19:37] | It’s a judgment call. | 这是一个判断决定 |
[19:38] | Legally,it’s his judgment. | 从法律上讲,这是他的判断 |
[19:39] | I need you to talk to him, get him to change his mind. | 我需要你和他谈谈,让他改变主意 |
[19:41] | – Because? – You’re the surgeon. | 因为?你是外科医生 |
[19:43] | If medicine could persuade him, | 如果医学能说服他 |
[19:45] | we’d be in surgery right now. | 我们现在就在做手术了 |
[19:46] | So I should just give up? | 所以我应该放弃吗? |
[19:47] | I don’t know. Do you want to? | 我不知道 你想要吗? |
[19:49] | – No! – Okay, then don’t. | 不! 好吧,那就别 |
[19:50] | Go find another tactic. | 去寻找另一种策略 |
[19:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:55] | No, no, no. I do the surgery, you do the selling. | 不不不 我做手术,你做销售 |
[20:03] | Okay, fine. | 好的 |
[20:05] | Look at it this way. | 这样说吧 |
[20:07] | The brother has been cleaning up after his sister for years, right? | 哥哥多年来一直在执妹妹的手尾,对吧? |
[20:12] | So instead of trying to change his feelings about the surgery, | 所以与其试图改变他对手术的感受 |
[20:16] | maybe change his feelings about his sister. | 也许改变他对妹妹的感觉 |
[20:23] | Future modifications could result in sepsis, | 未来的修改可能导致败血症 |
[20:27] | severe arthritis, pseudo-tumor formation, nerve damage and paralysis. | 严重关节炎、假瘤形成、神经损伤和瘫痪 |
[20:30] | Suddenly you’re a guy in a drug commercial… | 突然间你变成了禁毒广告中的人… |
[20:32] | “Side effects include insomnia, rash, dry cough, and death.” | 「副作用包括失眠、皮疹、干咳和死亡」 |
[20:38] | Sounds like my mom got to you. | 听起来我妈妈找你了 |
[20:39] | She tried. | 她试过了 |
[20:41] | It didn’t work, but then she went to my boss. | 它没有用,但后来她去了我的老板 |
[20:43] | That did work. | 那确实生效了 |
[20:46] | I think that it is nice your mother cares about you. | 我觉得你妈妈关心你很好 |
[20:51] | Mine did not. | 我的没有 |
[20:55] | Mine used to. | 我的曾经 |
[20:58] | My dad used to travel a lot for work. | 我父亲过去经常出差工作 |
[21:01] | He was always off pitching to investors, | 他总是去向投资者推销 |
[21:03] | conferences in Vegas. | 在拉斯韦加斯举行会议 |
[21:05] | And me and my mom would hang out all the time. | 我和我妈妈会一直闲逛 |
[21:07] | Every weekend, she would take me to the Boardwalk. | 每个周末,她都会带我去木板路 |
[21:10] | Never said no, no matter how many times | 从来不说不-不管多少次 |
[21:12] | I wanted to ride the Cyclone. | 我想骑旋风 |
[21:14] | The Cyclone made me nauseous. | 旋风让我恶心 |
[21:18] | Now she’s just working all the time. | 现在她只是一直在工作 |
[21:19] | And whenever we’re together, she’s angry. | 每当我们在一起时,她都会生气 |
[21:23] | Never stops nagging me. | 永远不会停止唠叨我 |
[21:25] | She doesn’t like you bio hacking. | 她不喜欢你做生物黑客 |
[21:30] | I don’t think she’d like anything I do. | 我不认为她会喜欢我做的任何事情 |
[21:38] | Is it your finger? | 是你的手指吗? |
[21:40] | No, it’s my wrist. | 不,是我的手腕 |
[21:44] | Kayla’s biggest trigger isn’t being in the hospital, | 凯拉最大的触发点不是在医院里 |
[21:47] | it’s your control over her life. | 这是你对她生活的控制 |
[21:50] | I reviewed her history in detail, | 我详细回顾了她的历史 |
[21:52] | and over the last five years, | 在过去的五年里 |
[21:54] | Kayla’s major depressive episodes coincide | 凯拉的主要抑郁发作 |
[21:55] | with major life decisions | 做出重大的人生决定时发生 |
[21:58] | that you’ve made on her behalf… | 你替她做的… |
[22:00] | Changing meds and moving homes, | 换药搬家 |
[22:02] | making decisions for the business. | 为企业做决定 |
[22:04] | You’re saying this is all my fault. | 你说这都是我的错 |
[22:06] | She’s saying that being in charge of my own life | 她说,对我自己的生活 |
[22:08] | would be better for me. | 负责会更好 |
[22:10] | Until you get drunk or O.D. | 直到你喝醉或过度滥药 |
[22:13] | That was years ago. I’m not that person anymore. | 那是几年前的事了 我已经不是那个人了 |
[22:16] | Because I’ve been protecting you. | 因为我一直在保护你 |
[22:17] | Because the conservatorship works. | 因为监管有效 |
[22:21] | That argument means I’ll be in this forever. | 这个论点意味着我将永远处于这个状态 |
[22:24] | If I’m doing well, it proves you right. | 如果我做得好,就证明你是对的 |
[22:27] | If I’m a mess, proves you right. | 如果我一团糟,证明你是对的 |
[22:30] | I’m tired of this, Justin. | 我厌倦了,贾斯汀 |
[22:32] | I’m tired of living the life that you want me to. | 我厌倦了你想要我过的生活 |
[22:35] | You pick out my doctors, you search my cabinets, | 你挑选我的医生,你搜查我的橱柜 |
[22:38] | you test my urine for drugs. | 你测试我的尿液是否有药物 |
[22:40] | We can talk about relaxing some of those things. | 我们可以谈谈放宽其中的一些事情 |
[22:41] | No! No. | 不!不 |
[22:43] | I’m done negotiating over my own life, | 我已经受够关于我自己的生活的谈判 |
[22:45] | of having what you think is best rammed down my throat. | 把你认为最好的东西塞进我的喉咙 |
[22:47] | – Kayla… – Think acting like this is gonna | 凯拉…想想象这样行事会 |
[22:48] | change my mind about the surgery? | 改变我对手术的看法? |
[22:50] | It shouldn’t have to. It’s my life! | 它不应该 这是我的生活! |
[22:51] | It’s my messed-up brain! | 是我的脑残! |
[22:52] | This place is bad for you. I need her discharge papers. | 这个地方对你不利 我需要她的出院文件 |
[22:55] | Stop telling her what to do! | 不要告诉她该怎么做! |
[22:56] | Stop telling everyone what to do! | 别再告诉大家该做什么了! |
[22:57] | – Kayla, please… – Shut up! | 凯拉,请…闭嘴! |
[22:59] | I need 10 milligrams of Haloperidol. | 我需要 10 毫克氟哌啶醇 |
[23:01] | Stop it. Shut up. | 停下来 住口 |
[23:18] | The LED light you’ve installed in your right wrist | 你安装在右手腕上的 LED 灯 |
[23:21] | has irreversibly damaged the joint. | 已经不可逆转地损坏了关节 |
[23:24] | You will never regain full function in your hand. | 你将永远无法恢复手中的全部功能 |
[23:28] | You’ll need physical therapy | 你需要物理治疗 |
[23:29] | until you can compensate with your non-dominant hand. | 直到你能用你的非惯用手补偿 |
[23:33] | Damn it, Trent. How many times did I tell you? | 该死的,特伦特 我告诉你多少次了? |
[23:36] | Thousands, okay? | 几千次,好吗? |
[23:37] | But I’m such an idiot, and I never listened. | 但我是个白痴,我从来没有听话 |
[23:39] | I never said you were an idiot. | 我从来没有说过你是个白痴 |
[23:40] | I said to stop hurting yourself. | 我说不要再伤害自己了 |
[23:42] | Maybe some family counseling could help? | 也许一些家庭辅导会有所帮助? |
[23:44] | No, she’s the only one who needs counseling. | 不,她是唯一需要辅导的人 |
[23:46] | She’s the one who failed as a parent. | 她是作为父母失败的人 |
[23:48] | Your choices are not my fault. | 你的选择不是我的错 |
[23:49] | But I’m stuck with yours. | 但我得承受你的选择 |
[23:51] | Like how you tossed Dad out. | 就像你把爸爸扔出去一样 |
[23:53] | He walked out on us. | 他离去我们 |
[24:03] | I didn’t want you to hate him. | 我不想让你恨他 |
[24:06] | I hadn’t realized that the alternative was hating me. | 我没有意识到另一种选择是讨厌我 |
[24:16] | Your father was a schemer. | 你父亲是个阴谋家 |
[24:20] | He kept flitting from one big idea to the next, | 他不停地从一个大想法跳到下一个大想法 |
[24:23] | chasing fantasies instead of taking care of responsibility. | 追逐幻想而不是承担责任 |
[24:26] | That’s a lie. You’re a liar. | 这是一个谎言 你是个骗子 |
[24:30] | He was a self-absorbed narcissist | 他是一个自恋的自恋者 |
[24:32] | who cared more about himself than us. | 谁比我们更关心自己 |
[24:34] | – That’s not true! – Trent… | 这不是真的!特伦特… |
[24:36] | Leave me alone! Get out! | 请别打扰我!出去! |
[24:40] | Get out! | 出去! |
[24:58] | Lidocaine to numb you. | 利多卡因让你麻木 |
[25:01] | I figured you’d want me to feel every stitch. | 我想你会希望我感受每一针 |
[25:06] | I’m used to being the bad guy. | 我已经习惯了做坏人 |
[25:08] | Bad guys don’t give up their lives | 坏人不会放弃生命 |
[25:10] | to care for their little sisters. | 照顾他们的小姐妹 |
[25:12] | Thanks for seeing that. | 谢谢你看到那个 |
[25:17] | You feel that? | 你感觉到了吗? |
[25:23] | People idealize what it’s like being a kid, | 人们把小时候的感觉理想化 |
[25:26] | but, really, childhood blows. | 但是,真的,童年的打击 |
[25:29] | Being told what to do, | 被告知要做什么 |
[25:31] | where to go, how to behave. | 去哪里,如何听话 |
[25:36] | Spoken like someone who had a terrible childhood. | 像一个有着可怕童年的人一样说话 |
[25:39] | It wasn’t my wheelhouse, or my parents’. | 这不是我的驾驶室,也不是我父母的 |
[25:45] | Kayla’s first try at growing up, she flamed out. | 凯拉第一次尝试长大,她就着火了 |
[25:50] | Doesn’t she deserve a second shot? | 她不值得第二次机会吗? |
[25:54] | Maybe. | 可能是 |
[25:56] | Leave it to Kayla to choose elective | 让凯拉为处女航 |
[25:57] | brain surgery for a maiden voyage. | 选择选择性脑部手术 |
[26:01] | Scares the crap out of me. | 吓死我了 |
[26:05] | Tell her that. | 告诉她 |
[26:15] | Jerome’s birthday is coming up. | 杰罗姆的生日快到了 |
[26:17] | I need to find him a great gift. | 我需要给他找一份很棒的礼物 |
[26:19] | Please don’t distract me. | 请不要分散我的注意力 |
[26:20] | I am looking for a surgical solution for Trent’s wrist. | 我正在为特伦特的手腕寻找手术解决方案 |
[26:23] | That’s valiant, but he’s about to be discharged. | 那很勇敢,但他即将出院 |
[26:25] | I need a gift | 我需要一份礼物 |
[26:26] | that says “I’m really into you,” | 上面写着「我真的很喜欢你」 |
[26:28] | but, mm, without overdoing it. | 但是,嗯,不太着迹 |
[26:31] | We could attempt a partial wrist fusion. | 我们可以尝试部分手腕融合 |
[26:33] | Not for another year. Trent’s still growing. | 这年内不可 特伦特还在成长 |
[26:35] | Jordan mentioned you have some super cute race car pajamas. | 佐敦提到你有一些超级可爱的赛车睡衣 |
[26:39] | I could get Jerome a pair. | 我可以给杰罗姆买一套 |
[26:41] | They are classic cars, | 这些是老爷车 |
[26:42] | and I’d prefer not to discuss my sleepwear at work. | 我不想在工作中讨论我的睡衣 |
[26:44] | We could give Trent a course of Methotrexate to combat… | 我们可以给特伦特上一门甲氨蝶呤治疗… |
[26:47] | He’ll adjust to the bad wrist. | 他会适应坏手腕 |
[26:49] | The bigger problem is that mother and son | 更大的问题是母子俩 |
[26:51] | act like they hate each other. | 表现得好像他们互相憎恨 |
[26:53] | I have no idea how to fix that. | 我不知道如何解决这个问题 |
[26:55] | He’s managing his feelings by turning himself into a cyborg. | 他通过把自己变成个半机械人来控制自己感情 |
[26:59] | Trent is not becoming a cyborg… | 特伦特不会变成半机械人… |
[27:16] | But maybe he could! | 但也许他可以! |
[27:27] | I can fix Trent’s wrist. | 我可以修复特伦特的手腕 |
[27:30] | This experimental surgery | 这项实验性手术 |
[27:31] | uses a customized implant to replace his wrist joint. | 使用定制的植入物,来代替他的腕关节 |
[27:34] | He will have full use of his wrist. | 他将充分利用他的手腕 |
[27:35] | Also, he will be very happy, | 还有,他会很开心 |
[27:37] | because he’ll have a one-of-a-kind body modification. | 因为他将进行独一无二的身体改造 |
[27:39] | E-Experimental? | 电子实验? |
[27:41] | Would it be covered by our insurance? | 我们的保险会承担费用吗? |
[27:44] | n-no. | 不会 |
[27:46] | I-It is quite expensive. | 我…它很贵 |
[27:49] | Which means I’m getting a second mortgage to pay for it. | 这意味着我要拿第二笔钱来支付它 |
[27:53] | If Trent keeps getting other modifications, | 如果特伦特继续进行其他修改 |
[27:55] | could that cause problems with this device? | 这会导致该设备出现问题吗? |
[28:00] | Yes, his body could reject the implant. | 是的,他的身体可能拒绝植入物 |
[28:04] | Okay, but… Thank you… | 好的,但是…谢谢… |
[28:05] | Trent should be able to follow the post-op regimen, | 特伦特应该能够遵循术后方案 |
[28:08] | including no further modifications. | 包括没有进一步的修改 |
[28:10] | Or he’ll keep seeing it as a cool hobby | 或者他会一直认为这是一个很正的爱好 |
[28:13] | which allows him to stick it to | 这让他可以把它加诸 |
[28:14] | his terrible and controlling mother. | 他可怕而控制欲强的母亲身上 |
[28:19] | I can fix your son’s wrist… | 我可以修好你儿子的手腕… |
[28:26] | …with your consent. | …如果征得你的同意 |
[28:37] | No. | 不 |
[28:54] | Looks like our sensor’s gonna poop out before | 看起来我们的传感器在它被拉出来之前 |
[28:55] | it gets pooped out. | 就会拉出来 |
[28:56] | Maybe if we take another look at the component specs. | 也许如果我们再看一下组件规格 |
[28:58] | I have drawn up a list of house rules that apply to Dr. Allen | 我制定了一份适用于艾伦医生 |
[29:01] | when she is working at our apartment. | 在我们的公寓工作时的家规清单 |
[29:03] | One, no work on scheduled sex nights. | 一,在预定的性爱之夜不得工作 |
[29:05] | I can get down with that. | 我可以接受 |
[29:06] | Two, no brushing teeth in the kitchen sink. | 二、不能在厨房水槽里刷牙 |
[29:09] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[29:10] | Three, do not wear perfume. | 三、不要喷香水 |
[29:11] | Four, do not speak in a loud voice. | 四、不要大声说话 |
[29:13] | Five, please avoid eye contact. | 五、请避免目光接触 |
[29:14] | – Shaun… – I’m not finished. | 肖恩…我还没说完 |
[29:16] | – Avoid eye contact? – Mm… | 避免眼神接触? 嗯… |
[29:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:24] | Shaun, do you not like having me at your apartment? | 肖恩,你不喜欢我在你的公寓吗? |
[29:28] | I don’t like having anyone other than Lea at the apartment. | 我不喜欢公寓里有除莉亚 以外的任何人 |
[29:32] | With Lea, I feel safe. | 有了莉亚,我感到很安全 |
[29:35] | I am not obligated to follow | 当我完成工作时 |
[29:37] | the guidelines around social interactions. | 我没有义务 |
[29:39] | By the time I’m done with work, | 遵守有关社交互动的准则 |
[29:41] | I have had enough of following guidelines. | 我已经受够了遵循指导方针 |
[29:44] | Shaunie, I never knew. | 肖恩,我从来不知道 |
[29:48] | We can work someplace else. | 我们可以在其他地方工作 |
[29:50] | The apartment is half Lea’s. | 公寓莉亚有一半 |
[29:52] | I am very happy she has found a friend and partner. | 我很高兴她找到了朋友和伙伴 |
[29:57] | Dr. Allen… | 艾伦医生… |
[30:03] | …you are part of my tribe. | …你是我部落的一员 |
[30:07] | You are welcome in our home. | 欢迎你来我们家 |
[30:11] | As long as you follow the rules, including, | 只要你遵守规则,包括 |
[30:13] | six, I am allowed to ignore you when you are there. | 六、你在的时候我可以不理你 |
[30:35] | Does it ever feel to you like we go round and round, | 你有没有觉得我们绕来绕去 |
[30:38] | but we always find our way back to this same, sad place? | 但我们总能寻回同样悲伤地方的旧路吗? |
[30:43] | I remember when we first got here. | 我记得我们第一次来这里的时候 |
[30:46] | You were 12 | 你 12 岁 |
[30:48] | on a school field trip to the Municipal Garden. | 去市政花园的学校实地考察 |
[30:53] | And I got there and watched you sketch roses. | 我来到,看着你画玫瑰 |
[30:55] | So confident, | 那么自信 |
[30:58] | at peace, | 内心安宁 |
[31:01] | innocent. | 纯洁 |
[31:06] | Then I had to tell you Mom and Dad were dead. | 然后我不得不告诉你爸爸妈妈已经死了 |
[31:11] | I swore that I’d do everything I could | 我发誓我会尽我所能 |
[31:14] | to keep you from being hurt like that again. | 以免你再次受到那样的伤害 |
[31:18] | I know you’re just trying to protect me. | 我知道你只是想保护我 |
[31:25] | I’m protecting me, too. | 我也在保护我 |
[31:33] | I’ve been so scared that I could lose you. | 我一直很害怕我会失去你 |
[31:46] | During the fMRI | 在做核磁共振成像时 |
[31:47] | Dr. Reznick asked me to think of a happy memory. | 瑞兹尼克医生叫我想一段快乐的回忆 |
[31:52] | Silver top, Nevada. | 内华达州 西尔弗托普 |
[31:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:55] | You and me on that river in the canoe. | 你和我在独木舟的那条河上 |
[31:59] | That cabin was such a dump. | 那间小屋真是个垃圾场 |
[32:00] | It was. | 它是 |
[32:02] | And we were only there ’cause I screwed up | 我们在那里,只是因为我搞砸了 |
[32:04] | and forgot to sign you up for that camp. | 忘了给你报名参加那个营地 |
[32:06] | Camp Capistrano. | 卡皮斯特拉诺营地 |
[32:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:09] | That was the first summer after Mom and Dad died. | 那是爸爸妈妈去世后的第一个夏天 |
[32:12] | You had an excuse. | 你情有可原 |
[32:15] | That was a good trip. | 那是一躺很好的旅行 |
[32:17] | Best vacation I ever had. | 我有过的最好的假期 |
[32:23] | I want that again. | 我想重回旧地 |
[32:25] | We can always go back. | 我们总是可以回去的 |
[32:27] | Not the trip. | 不是旅行 |
[32:30] | The freedom, | 自在 |
[32:32] | that happiness | 那种幸福 |
[32:34] | without the next bout of pain and depression landing over me. | 没有下一轮的痛苦和抑郁降临在我身上 |
[32:42] | This is my chance. | 这是我的机会 |
[32:46] | Please let me take it. | 请让我捉紧 |
[32:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:16] | I’m dying to take this next step with you. | 我很想和你一起迈出下一步 |
[33:18] | Says the guy who’s sandbagging the search. | 由鸡蛋里挑骨头的人说 |
[33:21] | It’s the money. | 是钱 |
[33:25] | Between Kellan’s college tuition and my med school debt, | 在凯兰的大学学费和我的医学院债务之间 |
[33:30] | there’s not much left at the end of the month. | 月底剩下的不多了 |
[33:32] | And on top of that | 在此之上 |
[33:34] | My credit’s a mess. | 我的信用是一团糟 |
[33:38] | This is just about money? | 这只是为了钱? |
[33:40] | Just? | 只是? |
[33:43] | If you can’t afford it, I got you. | 如果你付不起,我来付 |
[33:44] | I pay my own way. Always have, always will. | 我自己付钱 永远有,永远都会 |
[33:48] | Your financial issues are no reason to put our plans on hold. | 你的财务问题不是搁置我们计划的理由 |
[33:50] | An easy thing to say when you’ve never had to worry about money, | 当你从来不用担心钱的时候,这很容易说 |
[33:54] | but some of us have had to live in the real world. | 但我们中的一些人不得不生活在现实世界中 |
[33:58] | And if you had the money and I didn’t, | 如果你有钱而我没有 |
[34:01] | you wouldn’t want to improve both our situations? | 你不想改善我们俩的情况吗? |
[34:05] | This isn’t about the real world. | 这与现实世界无关 |
[34:07] | It’s about your pride. | 这是关于你的自尊 |
[34:21] | I have your prescriptions and therapy referrals. | 我有你的处方和治疗推荐 |
[34:25] | I can do it. | 我能做到 |
[34:28] | Then do it. | 那就去做 |
[34:36] | I’m guessing this is my fault, as well. | 我猜这也是我的错 |
[34:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:40] | The way you behave is very confusing and frustrating. | 你的行为方式非常令人困惑和沮丧 |
[34:43] | It doesn’t make sense at all. | 这根本不合理 |
[34:45] | You criticize every choice Trent makes | 你批评特伦特所做的每一个选择 |
[34:47] | and never ask why he’s making them. | 永远不要问他为什么这样决定 |
[34:49] | See? | 听到了吗? |
[34:50] | You deliberately made choices you knew | 你故意做出你知道 |
[34:52] | your mother wouldn’t approve of, | 你妈妈不会同意的选择 |
[34:53] | and then were very angry when she didn’t approve. | 然后当她不同意时非常生气 |
[34:55] | Even he thinks you took your bio hacking too far. | 甚至他也认为你的生物黑客行为太过分了 |
[34:57] | She’s been mad at me since Dad left. | 自从爸爸离开后,她一直生我的气 |
[34:59] | – Oh, that’s not true. – Yes, it is. | 哦,那不是真的 是的 |
[35:02] | You don’t like me. | 你不喜欢我 |
[35:04] | You don’t like my friends. | 你不喜欢我的朋友 |
[35:05] | I don’t understand your friends. | 我不理解你的朋友 |
[35:06] | You never tried to. | 你从来没有尝试过 |
[35:09] | You’re just mad at me because… | 你就是生我的气,因为… |
[35:12] | You’re stuck with me. | 你被逼和我困在一起 |
[35:21] | I have been mad, but not at you, | 我一直很生气,但不是 |
[35:24] | at your father for leaving. | 因你父亲离开,而生你的气 |
[35:30] | Afraid I couldn’t take care of you or support us. | 而是怕我不能照顾你或支撑我们 |
[35:35] | You were so hurt when your father left. | 当你父亲离开时,你很心伤 |
[35:36] | All I wanted to do was make you feel better, but I just… | 我只想让你感觉好点,但我偏偏… |
[35:42] | I was too damaged | 我太受伤了 |
[35:45] | and jealous of your new friends, | 嫉妒你有新朋友 |
[35:48] | when I should’ve been grateful. | 我本应欣喜 |
[35:52] | But I was afraid of losing you to them. | 但我害怕会因他们而失去你 |
[35:55] | After all, you like them. | 毕竟,你喜欢他们嘛 |
[36:00] | You’re my mom. | 你是我的妈妈 |
[36:03] | I’m not supposed to like you. | 我不应该喜欢你的 |
[36:10] | Come here. | 过来 |
[36:21] | Can I do the surgery now? | 我现在可以做手术吗? |
[36:28] | You are gonna like this. | 你会满意成果的 |
[36:35] | Time to prep you for surgery. | 是时候为你准备手术了 |
[36:39] | Before I go, um… | 出发之前,嗯… |
[36:52] | I got a little inspired. | 我得到了一点灵感 |
[36:58] | I’ll hang on to them for you. | 我会为你留住他们 |
[37:07] | Ready? | 准备好? |
[37:08] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:28] | Carpal resection looks good. | 腕骨切除术看起来不错 |
[37:31] | What did you say to change Carrie’s mind? | 你说了什么改变了嘉莉的想法? |
[37:35] | I’m not sure. | 我不知道 |
[37:37] | I tried to understand them. | 我试图理解他们 |
[37:40] | Maybe you could do me and my father next. | 也许你可以做我和我父亲的下一个 |
[37:43] | Carpal and radial bones prepped for the upgrade. | 腕骨和桡骨为升级做好了准备 |
[37:50] | I’d say you get the honors. | 我宣布荣誉归你 |
[37:52] | Resolving conflict is a crucial skill for an attending. | 解决冲突是参加者的一项关键技能 |
[37:56] | Nicely done. | 做得很好 |
[38:05] | Placing carpal ball onto the distal component. | 将腕球放置在远程组件上 |
[38:13] | For the next few days | 在接下来的几天里 |
[38:14] | expect some headaches and fatigue, | 预计会出现一些头痛和疲劳 |
[38:16] | but the post-op symptoms should quickly pass. | 但术后症状应该很快过去 |
[38:19] | Kayla, how do you feel? | 凯拉,你感觉如何? |
[38:25] | Strange. | 奇怪的 |
[38:28] | Something’s missing. | 有些东西不见了 |
[38:37] | The pain. | 疼痛 |
[38:42] | And I think I’m still me. | 我想我还是我 |
[38:49] | Bro-dad. | 老爹 |
[38:57] | We have to go see a judge. | 我们得去见法官 |
[39:03] | It’s time I was just your brother. | 是时候让我只做你兄弟了 |
[39:16] | The arthroplasty fixed Trent’s wrist | 关节成形术固定了特伦特的手腕 |
[39:19] | like I said it would. | 就像我说的那样 |
[39:21] | You will need significant therapy, | 你将需要重要的治疗 |
[39:23] | but your prognosis is good. | 但你的预后很好 |
[39:25] | And you better take this seriously. | 你最好认真对待这件事 |
[39:28] | Take your meds, do your rehab. | 吃药,康复 |
[39:31] | Invite that friend of yours, Dixie, over for dinner. | 邀请你的朋友迪斯过来吃餐晚饭 |
[39:35] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[39:36] | Well, she seems interesting. | 嗯,她看起来很有趣 |
[39:40] | These are the schematics of your wrist implant. | 这些是你的手腕植入物的示意图 |
[39:45] | The engineering specifications are quite interesting. | 工程规格非常有趣 |
[39:50] | Thanks, Dr. Murphy. | 谢谢,莫菲医生 |
[40:08] | I’m glad my key still works. | 我很高兴我的钥匙还能用 |
[40:12] | It was about my pride. | 这是我的自尊作祟 |
[40:15] | And I used that as an obstacle, | 我把它当作障碍 |
[40:17] | instead of being honest with you. | 而不是对你诚实 |
[40:20] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:27] | It’s a big step, but let’s keep talking. | 这是一大步,但让我们继续沟通 |
[40:33] | I’m sure I’ll get over myself, in time. | 我相信我会及时克服自己的 |
[40:36] | Can you do it in a month? | 你能在一个月内完成吗? |
[40:41] | Because I found a house that I love. | 因为我找到了我喜欢的房子 |
[40:45] | Gorgeous. | 华丽的 |
[40:48] | And at that price, it should be. | 以这个价格,它应该是的 |
[40:50] | I would be very grateful for a studly roommate | 我会非常感谢 |
[40:52] | who could cover the utility bills. | 可以支付水电费的学习室友 |
[40:54] | What about rent? | 租金呢? |
[40:56] | I was thinking services rendered, like… | 我在想以提供服务代替,比如… |
[41:01] | Shirtless lawn mowing, shirtless pool cleaning, | 赤膊草坪割草,赤膊游泳池清洁 |
[41:06] | shirtless meal prep. | 赤膊准备就餐 |
[41:10] | Well, certain studly men would argue | 好吧,某些有学问的人会争辩 |
[41:11] | if we don’t start on equal footing, | 如果我们不从平等的基础上开始 |
[41:14] | it’ll never be our house. | 它永远不会是我们的家 |
[41:17] | It’ll be our home, because we’ll make it that. | 这将是我们的家,因为我们会经营的 |
[41:28] | A pool? What about a hot tub? | 一个游泳池?热水浴缸呢? |
[41:34] | Our power issue is a software issue. | 我们的电源问题是软件问题 |
[41:37] | Because your data domain requirements mandate | 因为你的数据域要求 |
[41:40] | a specific chip that requires | 一个需要比我们 |
[41:41] | way more power than we can actually… | 实际更多的功率的特定芯片… |
[41:59] | What if the sensor had bad manners? | 如果传感器不那么礼貌又如何呢? |
[42:03] | Shuts down when it needs to rest, | 需要休息时关机 |
[42:05] | ignores what doesn’t matter. | 忽略无关紧要的事情 |
[42:07] | It works, it rests, it works, it rests. | 它工作,它休息,它工作,它休息 |
[42:09] | We could extrapolate between the data points. | 我们可以在数据点之间进行推断 |
[42:11] | That could double the sensor’s life. | 这可以使传感器的寿命加倍 |
[42:14] | You’re pure inspiration, Shaun. | 你就是灵感源泉,肖恩 |
[42:16] | I am ignoring you. | 我正在忽视你 |