时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:38] | So, even though the rain is not getting here | 因此 尽管雨水没有到达这里… |
[00:40] | till the afternoon and into the evening, | 直到下午和晚上为止 |
[00:43] | it will look different all day. | 但它整天看起来都不一样 |
[00:44] | The clouds are… | 云是… |
[00:45] | I slept through my alarm. | 我对闹钟按了「多睡一会」 |
[00:47] | Yes, many times, so I turned it off. | 是的 许多次 所以我把它关掉了 |
[00:50] | Shaun! I need to review Jordan’s business plan. | 肖恩!我需要检视乔丹的商业计划 |
[00:53] | It would be better if you worked later at night. | 如果你在晚上晚些时候工作 那就更好了 |
[00:57] | It would for you. | 对你来说是这样 |
[00:59] | Oh, and you. | 还有你 |
[01:01] | Lea, waking every 15 minutes | 莉亚 每15分钟醒来一次 |
[01:03] | impedes stage-four and REM sleep. | 妨碍了第四阶段和快速眼动睡眠 |
[01:05] | I’ll show you the research. | 我给你看研究报告 |
[01:08] | I’ll try not to hit snooze as much. | 我会试着少点按「多睡一会」 |
[01:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:13] | I made you coffee. | 我给你做了咖啡 |
[01:14] | I appreciate that. | 真贴心 |
[01:16] | It’s decaf. | 它是无咖啡因的 |
[01:18] | Caffeine interferes with deep sleep. | 咖啡因会干扰深度睡眠 |
[01:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:36] | You can have mine. | 你可以坐我的 |
[01:38] | You were looking for a seat, right? | 你在寻找一个座位 对么? |
[01:40] | Oh, no, no, no. You’re… You’re still eating. | 不 不是 你…你还在吃 |
[01:42] | Oh, I can stand and eat. | 我可以站着吃饭 |
[01:45] | Well, I can stand and eat, too. | 好吧 我也能站着吃饭 |
[01:46] | I was just on BART with my grandfather. | 我刚刚和我的祖父在坐地铁 |
[01:49] | No one gave up their seat. | 没有人让座 |
[01:54] | I’m gonna take this to go. | 我外卖拿走好了 |
[01:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:10] | This is Kevin and Sara, who runs Golden Compassion Boys Home, | 这是凯文和萨拉 他们经营金色慈悲男孩之家 |
[02:13] | where Kevin got into a fight today. | 凯文今天在那里打了一架 |
[02:15] | He may need reconstructive surgery. | 他可能需要进行重建手术 |
[02:17] | It wasn’t a fight. I fell. | 这不是一场打斗 我摔倒了 |
[02:21] | On someone’s fist? | 在某人的拳头上? |
[02:28] | Some bones are broken around your eyes. | 你的眼睛周围有一些骨头断裂 |
[02:30] | Lift your shirt, please. | 请拿起你的恤衫 |
[02:31] | I’d like to see if you have any other injuries. | 我想看看你是否有其他伤痕 |
[02:35] | Listen to the doctor. | 听医生的话 |
[02:36] | I don’t want to take my shirt off, Carlton. | 我不想脱掉我的恤衫 卡尔顿 |
[02:42] | Yes, Cousin Carlton of “Fresh Prince” fame. | 是的 「新鲜王子」的表哥卡尔顿 |
[02:46] | Clearly, you mean that as a compliment. | 很明显 你的意思是赞美 |
[02:47] | He was honest, hard-working, tremendous fashion sense. | 他诚实 勤奋 良好时尚感 |
[02:50] | Hell of a dancer, too. | 他也是一位出色的舞者 |
[02:57] | Let me finish the exam, I’ll do the Carlton for you. | 让我完成检验 我给你做卡尔顿 |
[03:01] | – For real? – Oh, yeah. | -是真的吗? -是的 |
[03:02] | It’s like a dream come true. | 这就像梦想成真 |
[03:14] | Kevin. | 凯文 |
[03:15] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[03:22] | Need a CT trauma pan-scan. | 需要做 CT 创伤全景扫描 |
[03:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:28] | – Now… – Your turn. | -现在… -轮到你了 |
[03:35] | Like Carlton Banks, I am a man of my word. | 像卡尔顿·班克斯一样 我是个言出必行的人 |
[04:08] | We’re gonna run some tests on your heart. | 我们要对你的心脏进行一些测试 |
[04:11] | EKG, CTA, and echo. | 心电图、CTA 和回声 |
[04:14] | The sound is very distracting. | 这声音非常让人分心 |
[04:16] | We could turn it off, but then I’d be dead. | 我们可以把它关掉 但那样我就会死 |
[04:27] | We’ve reduced the volume by 25%. | 我们已经减少了25%体积 |
[04:30] | Easier to swallow, much more user-friendly. | 更容易吞咽 更方便用户使用 |
[04:34] | I think it’s ready. | 我想它已经准备好了 |
[04:35] | I’ll draw up a list of VC’s I know. | 我会拟定一份我认识的风险投资人名单 |
[04:37] | I think it’s ready. | 我想它已经准备好了 |
[04:39] | That doesn’t mean we’re ready. | 这并不意味着我们已经准备好了 |
[04:42] | I’m a second-year resident. You’re an IT person. | 我是一个二年级的住院医生 你是一个IT人员 |
[04:45] | Yeah? | 然后呢? |
[04:46] | In Man Jose, heart of Sili-bro Valley. | 在「男人何塞」 「男人硅谷」的中心 |
[04:52] | We need an endorsement from someone with real clout. | 我们需要一个真正有影响力的人的支持 |
[04:56] | That’s out of my wheelhouse. | 这不是我的工作范围 |
[04:58] | Actually, | 实际上 |
[04:59] | I was thinking your future-kinda-sorta-almost father-in-law. | 我想的是你未来的岳父 |
[05:03] | Not sure it’s a good idea to go into business with | 不确定是否是一个好主意 |
[05:05] | your future-kinda-sorta-almost father-in-law. | 跟你未来的岳父合作做生意? |
[05:07] | It’s just an endorsement. | 这只是一种认可 |
[05:10] | And he’s got clout. | 而且他有影响力 |
[05:12] | Ugh. Yeah. | 对哦 |
[05:15] | He say what the fight was about? | 他说了战斗的内容吗? |
[05:17] | Wouldn’t even admit there was a fight. | 甚至不承认有一场打斗 |
[05:19] | Looks more like a beatdown. | 看上去更像是一场殴打 |
[05:22] | Not that I’ve been in either. | 我也没有试过这个地步 |
[05:23] | Which took some effort. | 这需要一些努力 |
[05:26] | I tucked my Peyos and yarmulke under a cap | 我把我的边落和犹太小帽塞进帽子里 |
[05:29] | whenever I left Williamsburg | 每当我离开威廉斯堡时这样做 |
[05:29] | so I wouldn’t get harassed. | 我就不会被骚扰了 |
[05:32] | The fifth grade, I came home with a black eye. | 五年级时 我带着一个黑眼圈回家 |
[05:36] | Eric Chen sucker-punched me. | 埃里克·陈给了我一拳 |
[05:38] | My dad brought me over to Eric’s house, | 我爸爸把我带到了埃里克的家里 |
[05:40] | made us stand in the driveway to finish the fight “like men.” | 让我们站在车道上 「像男人一样」战斗 |
[05:43] | Yeah? You kicked his ass? | 是吗?你打败他了? |
[05:45] | Well, I came home with two black eyes. | 好吧 我带着两个黑眼圈回家了 |
[05:48] | Bullies used to tease my sister on the school bus. | 欺负我的人经常在校车上戏弄我的妹妹 |
[05:51] | I tried to defend her, got my ass whooped. | 我试图为她辩护 结果被打得屁滚尿流 |
[05:53] | The bus driver, Ms. Limon, broke it up and told me, | 巴士司机利蒙女士把他们分开 告诉我 |
[05:57] | “They use their fists | 「他们使用他们的拳头 |
[05:59] | because they don’t know how to use their brains.” | 因为他们不知道如何使用他们的大脑」 |
[06:01] | So I learned to use words to prevent fights. | 所以我学会了用语言来防止打架 |
[06:05] | Didn’t hurt Ms. Limon had my back. | 利蒙女士支持我 所以并没有受到伤害 |
[06:10] | Three fractured ribs. | 三根肋骨断裂 |
[06:12] | This one’s deformed, but with callus formation. | 这个是变形的 有老茧形成 |
[06:16] | It’s been broken before. | 它以前被打破过 |
[06:23] | Your echo shows your chest tightness was caused | 你的回声显示你的胸闷是由于 |
[06:25] | by some narrowing in your aortic valve. | 由主动脉瓣的一些狭窄引起的 |
[06:27] | We recommend replacing it with a bioprosthetic one. | 我们建议用一个生物假体来替换它 |
[06:30] | Will you need to stick a trach tube in my neck afterwards? | 之后你需要在我的脖子上插上气管吗? |
[06:33] | Nope. | 不用 |
[06:34] | Good. | 很好 |
[06:35] | I had one of those about 20 years ago… | 大约20年前 我也有过这样的经历… |
[06:37] | Kept getting infected. | 一直在被感染 |
[06:39] | The iron lung is outdated but effective. | 铁肺已经过时 但很有效 |
[06:43] | You would probably be dead by now | 如果你有的是气管而不是一个铁肺 |
[06:44] | if you had a trach instead of an iron lung. | 你现在可能已经死了 |
[06:49] | How long will the surgery take? | 手术需要多长时间? |
[06:51] | About two hours. | 大约两个小时 |
[06:53] | We will use the transcatheter approach. | 我们将使用经导管的方法 |
[06:56] | Good. Frank and I don’t like to be apart for too long. | 很好 弗兰克和我不喜欢分开太长时间 |
[07:01] | Sinatra. | 辛纳特拉 |
[07:03] | I can’t dance to his music, | 我不能随着他的音乐跳舞 |
[07:05] | but I can always feel his warm embrace. | 但我总能感觉到他温暖的怀抱 |
[07:07] | Yeah, notice how she never asks if Frank enjoys it. | 是的 注意她从未问过弗兰克是否喜欢这样 |
[07:10] | Jealous? | 妒忌? |
[07:11] | I’m Sophie, the niece/roommate. | 我是苏菲 侄女兼室友 |
[07:13] | Slash Hollywood diva. | 和抨击好莱坞的女神 |
[07:15] | Says the woman with a Google alert for her own name. | 说的是那个对自己的名字有谷歌警报的女人 |
[07:17] | Oh, my alert goes off way more than hers. | 我的警报响得比她的多 |
[07:19] | That makes sense. | 这很有道理 |
[07:21] | Your physics research is more impressive | 你的物理学研究更令人印象深刻 |
[07:23] | than your niece’s documentary. | 比你侄女的纪录片还要好 |
[07:26] | The discussion of how polio destroyed the cells | 关于小儿麻痹症如何 |
[07:29] | in your spinal cord was oversimplified, | 在你的脊髓中破坏细胞的讨论 是过于简化了 |
[07:31] | but I did like the archival footage. | 但我确实喜欢这些档案片段 |
[07:34] | Thanks for the notes. | 谢谢你的说明 |
[07:35] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[07:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:39] | We can do the procedure this afternoon. | 我们可以在今天下午做这个程序 |
[07:51] | Gut-brain connection. | 肠道与大脑的联系 |
[07:53] | The next frontier of medical development, | 医学发展的下一个前沿阵地 |
[07:55] | and the market is wide open. | 而市场广泛开放 |
[07:57] | Your endorsement would really make a difference in our VC meetings. | 你的支持真的会让我们的风投会议变得不同 |
[08:03] | So, if… If I were to get involved, | 所以 如果…如果我参与进来 |
[08:07] | what if I were to partner with you? | 如果我与你合伙呢? |
[08:11] | That’d be amazing. | 这将是惊人的 |
[08:13] | Okay. Get me a business plan, | 好的 给我一份商业计划书 |
[08:15] | and I will set a follow-up. | 我将设定后续行动 |
[08:21] | That went great. | 这很顺利 |
[08:22] | I’m not ready to give away part of my… Our company. | 我还没有准备好放弃我…我们…公司的一部分 |
[08:26] | I thought you wanted his clout. | 我以为你想要他的影响力 |
[08:27] | I wanted an endorsement. | 我想要一个代言人 |
[08:29] | Instead, you signed us up for a throuple | 相反 你没有经过我的同意 |
[08:31] | without my consent. | 就给我们签了同意书 |
[08:32] | Do we need a safe word? | 我们需要一个安全词吗? |
[08:35] | Okay. I could tell him | 好吧 我可以告诉他 |
[08:37] | I spoke out of turn and we’re not interested. | 我说错话了 我们不感兴趣 |
[08:39] | Which would make us look like total noobs | 这将使我们看起来像完全不懂的人 |
[08:40] | and probably wreck any chance we have of using his connections. | 并可能破坏我们利用他关系的任何机会 |
[08:45] | Well, I can keep him in his lane. | 我可以让他留在他的车道 |
[08:52] | Inflate the balloon to deploy the TAVR, Dr. Murphy. | 给球囊充气以准备置换手术 莫菲医生 |
[08:57] | How many alarms do you need to get up in the morning? | 你需要多少个闹钟 才能在早上起床? |
[09:00] | One. That’s the point of an alarm. | 一个 这就是闹钟的意义所在 |
[09:02] | Yes, exactly. | 对的 没错 |
[09:04] | Hemodynamics? | 血液动力学? |
[09:06] | BP and cardiac output look good. | 血压和心输出量看起来不错 |
[09:08] | No alarms for me. | 我不用闹钟 |
[09:09] | I’ve mastered my circadian rhythms. | 我已经掌握了我的昼夜节律 |
[09:12] | Lea hitting the snooze a little too hard this morning? | 莉亚今天早上打盹打得太狠了? |
[09:14] | Yes, I turned them off. | 是的 我把它们关掉了 |
[09:16] | Well, why don’t you try ear plugs? | 那么 你为什么不试试耳塞呢? |
[09:18] | No. Dr. Lim, I do not like objects in my ears. | 不 林医生 我不喜欢耳朵里有东西 |
[09:22] | The valve is in place. | 阀门已经就位 |
[09:24] | I’m sure Lea doesn’t like having her entire morning disrupted. | 我肯定莉亚不喜欢她的整个早晨被打乱 |
[09:28] | Withdraw the catheters and close. | 拔出导管并关闭 |
[09:43] | How’s Frank? | 弗兰克怎么样了? |
[09:45] | Strong and warm. | 强壮而温暖 |
[09:47] | Glad you’re okay. | 很高兴你没事 |
[09:48] | What would I do without you around to nag me? | 如果没有你在身边唠叨 我该怎么办? |
[09:51] | Get a boyfriend? | 找个男朋友? |
[09:53] | Oh, another roommate would be helpful, | 另一个室友会很有帮助 |
[09:55] | considering Joan’s disability. | 考虑到琼的残疾 |
[09:57] | Oh, I already have a full-time nurse. | 我已经有一个全职护士了 |
[10:00] | And, I hate to admit it, but Sophie… | 而且 我不想承认 但苏菲… |
[10:03] | Sophie keeps the place running. | 苏菲维持着这个地方的运转 |
[10:05] | I also hate to admit it, | 我也讨厌承认这一点 |
[10:06] | but Aunt Joanie’s a pretty good roommate. | 但琼妮阿姨是个相当好的室友 |
[10:09] | Never walks in on me in the bathroom. | 从未在浴室里走进来 |
[10:10] | Oh, stick a pen in my mouth… | 把笔插进我的嘴里… |
[10:13] | …so I can write her out of the will. | …让我可以把她写在遗嘱 |
[10:27] | The motor gave out. | 马达坏掉了 |
[10:29] | Okay. Airway cart, STAT! | 好的 气道车 立即! |
[10:30] | We gotta get her out of this thing. | 我们得把她从这个东西里弄出来 |
[10:45] | Lea, you skipped Section 5, part A, | 莉亚 你跳过了第5节的A部分 |
[10:48] | insert the guide roller under the timing belt. | 将导辊插入同步皮带的下方 |
[10:51] | I don’t have the guide roller, Shaun. | 我都没有导辊 肖恩 |
[10:53] | That’s why I’m improvising. | 这就是为什么我在即兴发挥 |
[10:56] | You improvised building our furniture. | 你即兴建造了我们的家具 |
[10:59] | Now our Kongsvinger cabinet is missing a panel. | 现在我们的柜子少了一块面板 |
[11:01] | Which I repurposed into an extra drawer for your desk. | 我把它改成了你办公桌的一个额外的抽屉 |
[11:04] | Oh, good point | 说得好 |
[11:06] | Shouldn’t you be with your aunt? | 你不应该和你阿姨在一起吗? |
[11:08] | Seeing her on a ventilator… being here is better. | 看到她在呼吸机上…在这里就好了 |
[11:13] | Did you bring in your girlfriend? | 你把你的女朋友带进来了吗? |
[11:15] | Oh, Lea is my fiancee. | 莉亚是我的未婚妻 |
[11:21] | But you are a mechanic? | 但你是一个机械师? |
[11:22] | – No. – I… | -不 -我… |
[11:24] | I thought you said you were bringing in… | 我以为你说你会把… |
[11:26] | I’m a software engineer, and I used to work | 我是一名软件工程师 我曾经 |
[11:29] | for a car company and run my brother’s garage. | 在一间汽车公司工作过 经营我哥哥的车库 |
[11:32] | It failed. | 它失败了 |
[11:34] | I know what I’m doing. | 我知道我在做什么 |
[11:35] | The control box short-circuited | 控制箱短路了 |
[11:37] | because the fan belt is faulty. | 因为风扇皮带有问题 |
[11:46] | Kevin. | 凯文 |
[11:48] | Carlton. | 卡尔顿 |
[11:51] | You need reconstructive surgery on your face and your ribs. | 你需要对你的面部和肋骨进行重建手术 |
[11:55] | Three of them are broken and displaced. | 其中有三个被打破 移位了 |
[11:57] | One of them was broken before and healed improperly, | 其中一个之前就打破了 而且愈合得很不正常 |
[12:01] | because you never told anyone. | 因为你从未告诉过任何人 |
[12:06] | Who’s doing this to you? | 谁在对你这样做? |
[12:08] | No one. | 没有人 |
[12:10] | Kevin, will you please put down the book and talk to me? | 凯文 请你放下书 和我谈谈好吗? |
[12:18] | One of your ribs could’ve punctured your lung and killed you. | 你的一根肋骨有可能会刺穿你的肺部 害死你 |
[12:23] | If someone in the home is abusing you… | 如果家里有人虐待你… |
[12:24] | Stop. Stop interrogating me. | 够了 别再询问我了 |
[12:27] | I’m trying to protect you. | 我在努力保护你 |
[12:30] | But I need to know who I’m protecting you from. | 但我需要知道我在保护你 免受谁的伤害 |
[12:38] | Just fix my broken bones, okay? | 只管修复好我的骨折行了 别多问可以吗? |
[12:48] | Joan’s body is fighting the vent. | 琼的身体正在与呼吸机争斗 |
[12:50] | We may need to chemically paralyze her. | 我们可能需要用化学方法麻痹她 |
[12:53] | That doesn’t sound good. | 这听起来并不好 |
[12:54] | It’s not. It could impair her ability | 不是的 这可能会损害她 |
[12:57] | to transition back to the iron lung. | 以过渡到铁肺的能力 |
[13:02] | Shaun, you’re scaring her, | 肖恩 你在吓唬她 |
[13:04] | and I think unnecessarily, because… | 而且我认为是不必要的 因为… |
[13:12] | I was right. | 我是对的 |
[13:13] | Calling you was a good idea. | 给你打电话是个好主意 |
[13:16] | Calling me is always a good idea. | 给我打电话总是一个好主意 |
[13:26] | The motor is turning too fast. | 电机转得太快了 |
[13:36] | The gearbox is blown. | 齿轮箱被炸毁了 |
[13:38] | You… You know how to fix it, right? | 你…你知道怎么修 对吗? |
[13:42] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:44] | But I need parts that haven’t been manufactured since the ’50s. | 但我需要自50年代以来就没有生产过的零件 |
[13:59] | This is Sophie again. | 又是我 苏菲 |
[14:01] | I left the message earlier about your Reddit post | 我早些时候留下了关于你在Reddit上 |
[14:04] | on the ’38 Chevy. | 发布的38年雪佛兰的讯息 |
[14:06] | We really, really need that gearbox, | 我们真的 真的需要那个变速箱 |
[14:09] | so we’re just driving out to you. | 所以我们只是开车去找你 |
[14:13] | I’m sure he’s just with customers. | 我相信他只是和客户在一起 |
[14:18] | You and Shaun hugged at the hospital. | 你和肖恩在医院拥抱了 |
[14:21] | So he’s comfortable with physical contact? | 所以他对身体接触感觉舒服? |
[14:22] | Sometimes. | 有时 |
[14:24] | With me, most of the time. | 和我一起 大部分时间都是如此 |
[14:26] | How’s the sex? | 性生活如何? |
[14:28] | Did you really just ask me if my fiance, | 你真的只是问我 我的未婚夫 |
[14:30] | your aunt’s surgeon, is good in bed? | 你姨妈的外科医生 在床上很好吗? |
[14:32] | Eh, welcome to life with a documentarian. | 欢迎来到一个记录者的生活 |
[14:35] | Curiosity and lack of boundaries | 好奇心和缺乏底线 |
[14:37] | are sort of in the job description. | 是工作描述中的一种 |
[14:39] | You can feel free not to answer. | 你可以放心地不回答 |
[14:42] | Shaun is very focused and determined… | 肖恩非常专注和坚定… |
[14:47] | …in all areas. | …在所有领域 |
[14:50] | Good for him. And for you. | 对他来说是好事 对你来说也是如此 |
[14:54] | And what about just day to day? | 那么 仅仅是日常的工作呢? |
[14:57] | There must be times when he struggles ’cause of his ASD, | 他一定有因为自闭症而痛苦挣扎的时候 |
[15:00] | you know, loud noises, bright lights, itchy sheets? | 就有时 很吵 觉得光线耀眼 感觉床单很痒 |
[15:03] | For sure. | 可以肯定的是 |
[15:05] | This morning I hit snooze too many times, | 今天早上我按了太多次贪睡键 |
[15:07] | and he turned off my alarm. | 而他关闭了我的闹钟 |
[15:09] | That really screwed up his routine. | 这真的搞砸了他的日常工作 |
[15:10] | That’s a big deal to him. | 这对他来说是个大问题 |
[15:13] | So what do you do now? | 那么你现在做什么? |
[15:15] | I’ll probably sleep in the guest room | 我可能会睡在客房里 |
[15:17] | when I have to wake up early. | 当我必须早起的时候 |
[15:21] | One time, I went to Maui with this guy I was dating, | 有一次 我和我约会的这个人去毛伊岛 |
[15:23] | Travis, and we were gonna do the Road to Hana. | 特拉维斯 我们打算做「哈纳之路」 |
[15:25] | But the car rental place didn’t have pedal extensions. | 但租车的地方没有踏板延长装置 |
[15:28] | And I was just like, “Fine. Travis will drive.” | 而我当时只是想 「好吧 特拉维斯会驾车」 |
[15:31] | He went off. | 他失控了 |
[15:32] | He was threatening to report them, quoting the ADA, | 他威胁要举报他们 并引用了《反歧视法》 |
[15:35] | demanding to speak to a manager. | 要求与一位经理交谈 |
[15:38] | He was being my advocate, | 他为我出头 |
[15:40] | but for me, it was just another reminder that I’m different. | 但对我来说 这只是再次提醒我 我是不同的 |
[15:43] | The world does that to me. I don’t… | 这个世界对我来说就是这样 我不… |
[15:45] | I don’t need it from my boyfriend. | 我不需要从我的男朋友那里得知 |
[15:48] | Don’t think Shaun feels that way about me accommodating him. | 不认为肖恩对我迁就他 有这种感觉 |
[15:52] | It’s just when one person does all the accommodating, | 只是当一个人做了所有的迁就工作时 |
[15:56] | it’s not good. | 情况就不妙了 |
[16:04] | This will make sure your heart is healthy enough for surgery. | 这将确保你的心脏足够健康 可以进行手术 |
[16:16] | Jean-Michel Basquiat? | 尚·米歇尔·巴斯奇亚? |
[16:21] | You know, he did one painting | 你知道 他画了一幅画 |
[16:22] | with Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie that… | 与查理·帕克和迪吉·葛拉斯彼一起… |
[16:25] | “Ornithology.” | 《鸟类学》 |
[16:27] | That’s a part of his “Heroes and Saints” series. | 那是他的「英雄和圣徒」系列的一部分 |
[16:30] | You learn about him in art class? | 你在艺术课上了解到他? |
[16:32] | I wish. | 我希望如此 |
[16:33] | No, I just | 不 我只是 |
[16:34] | spend a lot of time on Google Images and Wikipedia. | 在谷歌图片和维基百科上花了很多时间 |
[16:39] | Great news. | 好消息 |
[16:40] | Your heart’s fine. | 你的心脏很好 |
[16:44] | You mind if I take a look? | 你介意我看一下吗? |
[16:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:07] | That’s amazing. | 这真令人吃惊 |
[17:09] | Yeah, each one’s in the style of an artist I like. | 是的 每一张都是我喜欢的艺术家的风格 |
[17:14] | Kehinde Wiley? | 凯欣德·威利? |
[17:17] | He’s… He’s awesome. | 他…他很厉害 |
[17:18] | Has skills just like those old Dutch painters… | 拥有像那些老荷兰画家一样的技能… |
[17:21] | Vermeer and Rembrandt, | 维梅尔和伦勃朗 |
[17:23] | but he paints stuff I actually care about. | 但他画的是我真正关心的东西 |
[17:25] | Kerry James Marshall. | 凯里.詹姆斯·马歇尔 |
[17:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:31] | Picasso. | 毕加索 |
[17:32] | Okay, but that one’s easy. | 好吧 但这个很容易 |
[17:37] | You know, he was dyslexic. | 你知道 他有阅读障碍 |
[17:41] | So? | 所以呢? |
[17:42] | So I know you are, too. It’s in your medical records. | 所以我知道你也是如此 这在你的医疗记录中 |
[17:45] | I’m not dumb. | 我并不笨 |
[17:46] | I didn’t say you were. | 我没有说你是 |
[17:50] | You know, some of history’s greatest geniuses | 你知道 历史上一些最伟大的天才人物 |
[17:52] | were dyslexic. Leonardo da Vinci, | 是阅读障碍者 达文西 |
[17:55] | Albert Einstein, Marcus Andrews. | 爱因斯坦和马库斯·安德鲁 |
[18:01] | That’s me. | 这就是我 |
[18:06] | S-So how did you become a doctor? | 那么你是如何成为一名医生的? |
[18:07] | A lot of support from my parents, my teachers… | 我的父母 我的老师给予了很多支持… |
[18:10] | My parents are dead, | 我的父母已经死了 |
[18:12] | and my teachers only notice me | 而只有在我搞砸的时候 |
[18:13] | when I’m screwing up. | 我的老师才会注意到我 |
[18:16] | I noticed you. | 我注意到了你 |
[18:20] | And I want to help. | 而且我想帮忙 |
[18:22] | If that group home is unsafe… | 如果该集体宿舍不安全… |
[18:24] | Just gimme my book back. | 只要把我的书还给我 |
[18:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:44] | I don’t buy it. An iron lung? | 我不相信 铁肺? |
[18:46] | I did a whole documentary about her. | 我做了一部关于她的完整纪录片 |
[18:48] | I don’t care about your documentary. | 我不关心你的记录片 |
[18:50] | I care about the 1975 Gran Torino you pulled up in. | 我在乎的是你开的那辆1975年的老爷车 |
[18:54] | How do I know the gearbox isn’t gonna wind up | 我怎么知道驾驶38年的雪佛兰变速箱不会 |
[18:55] | in a ’38 Chevy at the Santa Cruz Vintage Car Derby? | 在圣克鲁斯老式汽车德比中被烧毁? |
[18:58] | You think we invented a story about her aunt dying | 你觉得是我们编造了她阿姨去世的故事 |
[19:01] | to beat you in a vintage car competition? | 以在老式汽车竞赛中击败你? |
[19:03] | That’s what I’d do. | 这就是我所要做的 |
[19:06] | We can double… | 我们可以双… |
[19:07] | Quadruple whatever you paid. | 无论你付多少钱 都是四倍 |
[19:09] | That’s nothing compared to the business | 赢得一等奖后的业务相比 |
[19:11] | I’m gonna get after I win first prize. | 这不算什么 |
[19:15] | You got that call earlier from Garry Gerhardt, right? | 你之前接到加里·格哈特的电话 对吗? |
[19:20] | Sophie’s a producer for PBS. | 苏菲是公共电视台的制片人 |
[19:23] | See? | 看到了吗? |
[19:28] | You know “Gearhead”? | 你知道齿轮头吗? |
[19:29] | We’re talking about collaborating on a series. | 我们正在谈论合作开发一个系列 |
[19:32] | I bet “The Great American Car Show” | 我打赌《全美盛大汽车展》 |
[19:33] | would be interested in your collection. | 会对你的收藏感兴趣 |
[19:34] | And a story about you giving away a gearbox | 还有一个关于你赠送变速箱的故事 |
[19:37] | to save a woman’s life? | 来拯救一个女人的生命感兴趣? |
[19:38] | That would bring in more revenue | 这将带来的收入 |
[19:40] | than some local car show, right? | 比起一些当地的车展更多 对吗? |
[19:46] | Top it off with 500 bucks and we got a deal. | 再加上500块钱 我们就成交了 |
[19:50] | Done. | 成交 |
[19:57] | Who’s Gearhead? | 谁是齿轮头? |
[20:00] | Gearhead. | 齿轮头 |
[20:06] | Aunt Joanie, this is Lea. | 琼妮阿姨 我是莉亚 |
[20:08] | She fixed your iron lung with a gearbox from a ’38 Chevy. | 她用38年雪佛兰的变速箱修复了你的铁肺 |
[20:11] | Hm. A little young to know about something that old. | 对于了解古老石山的人来说 有点年轻 |
[20:17] | I’ve got a thing for the classics. | 我对经典作品情有独钟 |
[20:18] | Well, thank God, and thank you. | 感谢上帝 也感谢你 |
[20:22] | And Lea is engaged to Dr. Murphy, | 而莉亚则与莫菲医生订婚 |
[20:25] | whose surgical talents are matched by his skills in the bedroom. | 他的手术天赋与他在卧室的技能相匹配 |
[20:31] | It is important to me that Lea is sexually satisfied. | 莉亚在性方面得到满足 对我来说 也很重要 |
[20:34] | And she is also very skilled. | 而且她也非常熟练 |
[20:38] | How great are these two? | 这两个人有多好? |
[20:40] | You want them for your show. | 你想让他们为你的节目服务 |
[20:42] | I want them for the pilot. | 我想让他们打头炮 |
[20:44] | I’m producing a reality wedding series for Hulu | 我正在为Hulu制作一个关于婚礼的综艺档 |
[20:47] | about atypical couples… | 内容关于非典型夫妻… |
[20:49] | Mismatched, yet perfect together. | 鸳鸯错配 但又完美地结合在一起 |
[20:52] | You two have to be in it. | 你们两个必须参与其中 |
[20:55] | We’d pay for the wedding. | 我们会支付婚礼的费用 |
[20:56] | It’s not… | 这不是… |
[20:58] | Up to $150,000. | 高达15万美元 |
[21:04] | You are having trouble breathing. | 你有呼吸困难 |
[21:11] | It’s working fine. | 它运作得很好 |
[21:12] | It is. She’s not. | 它是 她不是 |
[21:15] | She has a bronchial rupture. | 她有一个支气管断裂 |
[21:25] | 3-0 PDS suture. | 3-0 PDS 缝合 |
[21:26] | Completing primary anastomosis. | 完成初级吻合术 |
[21:29] | Sophie asked me and Lea to get married | 苏菲要求我和莉亚 |
[21:30] | on a reality show she’s making. | 在她正在制作的一个综艺节目中结婚 |
[21:33] | You are not a reality show person. | 你不适合上综艺节目的人 |
[21:35] | What’s a reality show person? | 什么是综艺节目的人? |
[21:38] | Start ventilating. | 开始提供呼吸 |
[21:39] | Someone who loves attention, even when it’s bad. | 一个喜欢关注的人 即使是坏的关注 |
[21:43] | You should have seen what I tweeted about Katie on “The Bachelorette.” | 你应该看到我在推特上对「单身」凯蒂的评论 |
[21:45] | I have. | 我有 |
[21:47] | You think I didn’t check out your social media before hiring you? | 你以为我雇你之前没查过你的社交网络吗? |
[21:54] | The lung isn’t inflating. | 肺部没有充气 |
[21:56] | Buttress the repair with an intercostal muscle flap. | 用肋间肌皮瓣支撑修复 |
[22:00] | My ex-husband and I spent buckets on our wedding. | 我的前夫和我在婚礼上花费千金 |
[22:03] | Didn’t stop it from raining, didn’t stop his brother | 没能阻止下雨 没能阻止他的兄弟 |
[22:06] | from getting sloppy drunk, and it didn’t stop | 醉得不省人事 也没能阻止 |
[22:08] | my sketchy cousins from stealing wedding gifts. | 我的手脚不干净的表兄弟偷取结婚礼物 |
[22:11] | If someone else is paying, go for it. | 如果有人付钱 那尽情去吧 |
[22:17] | The muscle flap isn’t helping. | 肌肉瓣并没有帮助 |
[22:21] | Her respiratory muscles and lungs | 她的呼吸道肌肉和肺部 |
[22:23] | are too weak to go back in the iron lung. | 他们太虚弱了 无法回到铁肺中去 |
[22:25] | Her airway will rupture again. | 她的气道会再次破裂 |
[22:30] | What if we gave her diaphragm pacing | 如果我们给她 |
[22:32] | with phrenic nerve stimulation? | 用膈肌神经刺激法做膈肌起搏呢? |
[22:34] | There’s no way to sync the nerve stimulator to the iron lung. | 没有办法将神经刺激器与铁肺同步 |
[22:39] | We could take her out of the iron lung. | 我们可以把她从铁肺里拿出来 |
[22:41] | She would die. | 她会死的 |
[22:43] | Yes, unless we switch her to a biphasic cuirass ventilator. | 是的 除非我们把她换成双相套管式呼吸机 |
[22:47] | Her spine’s not strong enough for a cuirass. | 她的脊柱不够强壮 不适合穿护身衣 |
[23:05] | Kyphoplasties. | 颌骨整形 |
[23:08] | We can pour cement into her cracked vertebrae to stabilize them. | 我们可以往她骨折的椎骨里注入水泥来固定它 |
[23:14] | Good idea. | 好提议 |
[23:22] | I had fun working with you today. | 我今天和你一起工作很开心 |
[23:25] | I get why you love being a doctor. | 我知道你为什么喜欢当医生了 |
[23:28] | Being a doctor doesn’t usually involve buying old car parts. | 身为一名医生 通常不需要购买旧汽车零件 |
[23:33] | I have to wake up early tomorrow. | 我明天必须早起 |
[23:37] | And I’m not going to be sleeping in the guest room, | 而且我不要睡在客房里 |
[23:40] | and you’re not going to be turning off my alarm. | 而你也不要关掉我的闹钟 |
[23:54] | Shaun? | 肖恩? |
[23:56] | I got you a wrist alarm. | 我给你买了一个手腕闹钟 |
[23:58] | It uses silent vibration to wake you up | 它使用无声的振动来唤醒你 |
[24:01] | and has a snooze button. | 并有一个「多睡一会」按钮 |
[24:03] | Like the diaphragm pacing Jordan suggested for Joan, | 就像乔丹为琼建议的横膈膜起搏 |
[24:06] | but for your wrist. | 但用于你的手腕 |
[24:08] | I don’t want you to sleep in the guest room. | 我不想让你睡在客房里 |
[24:12] | This is a good compromise. | 这是一个很好的折衷办法 |
[24:15] | Are we reality show people? | 我们是参加综艺节目的人了吗? |
[24:20] | Jordan says we’re not because we don’t love attention. | 乔丹说我们不是 因为我们不爱关注 |
[24:25] | Sounds about right. | 听起来似乎是这样 |
[24:29] | And do you disagree? | 那你是否不同意? |
[24:32] | Neurotypicals consider me strange, | 神经典型的人认为我很奇怪 |
[24:35] | so I am used to people staring at me, | 所以 我已经习惯了人们盯着我看 |
[24:37] | especially after Salen put me on that billboard. | 特别是在莎伦把我放在那个广告牌上之后 |
[24:40] | Would the attention bother you? | 这些关注会让你感到不安吗? |
[24:42] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[24:44] | The first time we tried to plan a wedding, it sucked. | 我们第一次尝试策划婚礼时 很糟糕 |
[24:47] | And I don’t want the whole world to watch us flailing. | 而且我不想让全世界都看到我们失败 |
[24:51] | Maybe if Sophie does the planning, we would not flail. | 也许苏菲来策划 我们就不至于摇摆不定 |
[24:54] | And if she does the paying, that would be very helpful. | 而如果她负责买单 那将是非常有帮助的 |
[24:57] | I don’t think money should be the deciding factor | 我不认为钱应该是 |
[25:00] | on the start of our life together. | 在我们一起生活开始的决定性因素 |
[25:04] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[25:18] | Incision looks great. | 切口看起来很好 |
[25:22] | No periorbital edema. | 没有眶周水肿 |
[25:25] | We’ll monitor you tonight. | 我们今晚会监视你 |
[25:27] | So I go back tomorrow. | 所以我明天再回去 |
[25:29] | If all’s well, yes. | 如果一切顺利 是的 |
[25:31] | Great. | 很好 |
[25:38] | I’ll talk to Sara about getting you a reading tutor. | 我会和莎拉谈谈给你找一个阅读辅导老师的事 |
[25:41] | There are some techniques that have really worked for me. | 一些技巧对我来说确实有效 |
[25:48] | And I’m happy to talk you through them or… | 我很乐意与你讨论这些问题 或者… |
[25:53] | Anything else. | 其他任何事情 |
[25:59] | I don’t even have his personal cell. | 甚至我也没有他的私人手机 |
[26:03] | Here. | 给 |
[26:06] | Yeah, thanks. | 是的 谢谢 |
[26:26] | How are you gonna hold market share | 你要如何保持市场占有… |
[26:27] | when copycats flood the system? | 当赝品充斥整个体系时? |
[26:29] | If we get the patent first, that won’t be an issue. | 如果我们先拿到专利 这就不是一个问题 |
[26:31] | There’s n-nothing in the business plan about patent strategy. | 商业计划中 没有任何关于专利策略的内容 |
[26:34] | It’s a work in progress. | 我们在进行中 |
[26:36] | VC’s are gonna be asking you these questions, | 风险投资公司会问你这些问题 |
[26:38] | so you gotta be ready. | 所以你要做好准备 |
[26:40] | I’m well aware. | 我很清楚 |
[26:41] | I paid off half my med school debt by selling… | 我通过卖东西还清了一半的医学院债务… |
[26:43] | The ankle brace, yes, I-I know about that. | 踝关节支架 是的 我知道 |
[26:46] | That’s fantastic. But this time, you need investors, right? | 巴闭 但是这一次 你需要投资者 对吗? |
[26:48] | Not just buyers. | 不仅仅是买家 |
[26:49] | And in this case, you’re the product. | 而在这种情况下 你就是产品 |
[26:52] | We’ll be prepared. | 我们会做好准备的 |
[26:53] | And the product… | 而产品… |
[26:55] | The actual product needs to be retooled. | 实际的产品需要重新调整 |
[27:03] | What did you have in mind? | 你有什么想法? |
[27:05] | Okay. Increased functionality. | 好的 增加功能 |
[27:06] | Imagine if it monitored pancreatic function, | 想象一下 如果它能监测胰腺功能 |
[27:09] | hormonal levels, and also lesions. | 荷尔蒙水平 还有病变 |
[27:12] | That would require way more power, multiple sensors. | 这将需要更多电量 多个传感器 |
[27:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:20] | We would have to go back to the drawing board. | 我们将不得不回到绘图板 |
[27:23] | The drawing board is… is, what, two months old? | 绘图板是…是 什么 两个月前吗? |
[27:27] | Look, y-you ladies have a multi-million dollar idea here | 听着 你们这些女士有个数百万美元的点子 |
[27:30] | and it’s great, but I’m suggesting to you that | 这点很好 但我建议你 |
[27:33] | you could have a billion-dollar idea if you listen to me. | 如果你听我说 你可以有一个十亿美金的点子 |
[27:40] | Sleep on it. | 改天说吧 |
[27:42] | I’m pretty sure this is the right way to go. | 我很确定这是正轨 |
[27:50] | I’ll catch up with you later. | 我以后再来找你 |
[27:57] | What? | 怎么了? |
[27:59] | You need to have more respect | 你需要有更多的尊重 |
[28:01] | for the work Jordan and I have put in. | 对乔丹和我所做的工作 |
[28:03] | I-I suggested a few upgrades. | 我 我建议进行一些升级 |
[28:05] | Did not sound like a suggestion. | 这听起来不像是一个建议 |
[28:08] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[28:09] | And you really pissed off Jordan. | 而你真的激怒了乔丹 |
[28:11] | Maybe she’s being just a little bit too sensitive? | 也许她只是有点太敏感了? |
[28:14] | You did not just say that. | 你不只是这样说 |
[28:18] | Are we “ladies” being too sensitive? | 我们「这些女人」是不是太敏感了? |
[28:21] | Yeah, I-I don’t know what’s happening here. | 是的 我不知道这里发生了什么 |
[28:22] | Are you offended because I referred to you as “ladies”? | 你是否因为我称你为「女人」而感到不快? |
[28:25] | I’m offended by your overbearing attitude. | 我被你盛气凌人的态度所冒犯 |
[28:27] | Okay. FYI, | 好的 顺便说一下 |
[28:28] | if two men walked into my office right now | 如果现在有两个男人走进我的办公室 |
[28:31] | and presented to me this particular business plan, | 并向我介绍了这个特殊的商业计划 |
[28:34] | I wouldn’t have acted any differently! | 我不会有任何不同的行为! |
[28:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:41] | What? I just… I’m trying to help. | 什么 我只是…我想帮忙 |
[28:44] | I have experience. I have knowledge. | 我有经验 我有知识 |
[28:46] | I know the marketplace. | 我知道市场的情况 |
[28:47] | Maybe if you just listen to the ideas | 也许 如果你只是听了这些想法 |
[28:49] | instead of how the ideas are being presented to you… | 而不是如何这些想法向你陈列的方法… |
[28:53] | Thanks. I didn’t know how I was supposed to feel | 谢谢 我不知道我应作何感想 |
[28:55] | until you explained it to me. | 直到你向我解释 |
[29:03] | The cuirass is like a wearable mini-Frank. | 铁甲就像一个可穿戴的迷你弗兰克 |
[29:05] | You could use a motorized wheelchair. | 你可以使用电动轮椅 |
[29:07] | You’d be mobile again. | 你会再次郁动 |
[29:09] | Think of all the lecture invitations | 想想所有的演讲邀请 |
[29:11] | you’ve had to turn down. | 你不得不拒绝所有的演讲邀请 |
[29:12] | You could do a college tour. | 你可以巡游大学 |
[29:14] | We could go to Vegas. | 我们可以去赌城 |
[29:23] | I don’t want the surgery. | 我不想做手术 |
[29:30] | The intubations and rupture | 插管和断裂 |
[29:31] | weakened your respiratory system. | 削弱了你的呼吸系统 |
[29:34] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:36] | If… | 如果… |
[29:39] | If you stay in Frank, you’ll only have a few months left to live. | 如果你留在弗兰克 你将只剩下几个月命 |
[29:45] | I just taught my last class. | 我刚刚教了我的最后一堂课 |
[29:49] | I published my final paper. | 我发表了我的最终论文 |
[29:52] | And I got to spend my final years with a… | 我可以和一个… |
[29:56] | A pretty cool roommate. | 一个相当酷的室友一起度过我最后的年华 |
[30:00] | But I’m… | 但我… |
[30:04] | I’m at the finish line. | 我到尽了 |
[30:22] | He’s bleeding from the incision site. | 他的切口处在流血 |
[30:24] | Get me irrigation, bulb, 3-0 vicryl suture, and ChloraPrep. | 给我灌洗器、球管、3-0Vicryl缝线和氯己定 |
[30:31] | The sutures are torn. | 缝合线被撕裂了 |
[30:36] | You did this to yourself. | 这是你对自己做的 |
[30:49] | Were the sutures irritating you? | 缝合线对你有刺激性吗? |
[30:52] | No. | 没有 |
[30:57] | Did you want to hurt yourself? | 你想伤害自己吗? |
[31:00] | No. | 不是 |
[31:03] | Did you want to stay here? | 你想留在这里吗? |
[31:11] | Please tell me who’s hurting you. | 请告诉我谁在伤害你 |
[31:17] | I can’t help you if you won’t tell me. | 如果你不告诉我 我就无法帮助你 |
[31:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:33] | There are five of them. | 他们有五个人 |
[31:38] | They… | 他们… |
[31:40] | They play this game every Friday after school | 他们每周五放学后都会玩这个游戏 |
[31:44] | called Happy Hour. | 叫做快乐时光 |
[31:49] | They give me challenges… | 他们给我的挑战… |
[31:51] | Read that sign, spell this word. | 阅读那个标志 拼出这个词 |
[31:58] | If I get it right, they give me stuff, | 如果我做对了 他们会给我东西 |
[32:00] | extra snacks or weed, whatever. | 额外的零食或「草」 等等 |
[32:08] | I-I’m stupid. | 我 我很蠢 |
[32:14] | I never get it right. | 我从来没有弄对过 |
[32:18] | So they hurt me. | 所以他们伤害了我 |
[32:21] | You’re not stupid. You’re brilliant. | 你并不愚蠢 你很聪明 |
[32:25] | You’re just dyslexic. | 你只是有阅读障碍 |
[32:42] | Mr. Targum in Exam Room Two needs a rectal exam. | 二号检查室的他甘先生需要做直肠检查 |
[32:45] | You want to take it? | 你想接吗? |
[32:47] | No. | 不 |
[32:51] | I ran into Jordan after you guys met this morning. | 今天早上你们见面后 我碰到了乔丹 |
[32:54] | She seemed a little out of sorts. | 她似乎有点不正常 |
[32:57] | Yeah, I, um, apparently offended her and Lea, | 对 我 很显然冒犯了她和莉亚 |
[33:03] | because I offered an opinion that was overbearing… | 因为我提供的意见专横… |
[33:09] | And pushy. | 而且很爱出风头 |
[33:13] | I believe the word you’re looking for is “sexist.” | 我相信你要找的这个词是「性别歧视」 |
[33:15] | I wasn’t looking for that word. | 我不是在寻找这个词 |
[33:16] | Well, you are. | 你是 |
[33:18] | Men your age have spent your whole lives | 你们这个年龄段的人 已经度过了你们的一生 |
[33:20] | being told you are the center of the universe. | 被告知你是宇宙的中心 |
[33:23] | You don’t see the irony in reducing me to my age and my gender? | 你看不出把我的年龄和性别降低有多讽刺吗? |
[33:27] | You don’t see the irony in being more upset | 你没看到被称为性别歧视者 |
[33:29] | about being called a sexist than being one? | 比成为性别歧视者更大的讽刺吗? |
[33:31] | Okay. That’s… That’s not irony, that… | 好的 那是… 那不是讽刺 那是… |
[33:36] | Mansplaining. | 男人的抱怨 |
[33:37] | – Good first step. – Right. | -好的 第一步 -对 |
[33:40] | My diagnosis… | 我的诊断… |
[33:41] | While some of your symptoms overlap with toxic masculinity, | 虽然你的一些症状与有毒男性主义重迭 |
[33:45] | your real underlying issue is boss syndrome, | 你真正的潜在问题是老板综合症 |
[33:47] | which is very treatable. | 这是很容易治疗的 |
[33:50] | -Shut up. -What? | -闭嘴 -什么? |
[33:52] | You’re used to leading. | 你已经习惯于领导 |
[33:53] | Now you need to learn how to be quiet, listen, follow. | 现在你需要学习如何保持安静 倾听 跟随 |
[33:56] | It might be a fun, new experience for you. | 对你来说 这可能是一个有趣的新体验 |
[34:02] | You could start by taking this rectal exam off my hands. | 你可以先把这个直肠检查从我手上拿走 |
[34:05] | I’m a slow learner. | 我学得很慢 |
[34:12] | I’ve heard of “Happy Hour.” | 我听说过「快乐时光」 |
[34:14] | Victims vary, tradition continues. | 受害者不同 但传统继续 |
[34:18] | So separate him from his bullies. | 所以要把他和欺负他的人分开 |
[34:19] | I will. And I’ll tell my staff to keep eyes on him. | 我会的 我会告诉我的员工 让他们盯着他 |
[34:22] | But it is a 10-to-1 kid-to-staff ratio here. | 但这里的孩子与工作人员的比例是10比1 |
[34:28] | There’s got to be something more you can do. | 你一定有更多的事情可以做 |
[34:33] | Last week, Kevin was arguing about changing the channel | 上周 凯文在公共休息室里为换频道 |
[34:36] | in the common room. | 而争论不休 |
[34:38] | Kevin started calling the other boy a baby | 凯文开始叫另一个男孩为宝宝 |
[34:40] | because he wanted to watch cartoons… | 因为他想看卡通片… |
[34:42] | And got his ass kicked. | 并被收拾了 |
[34:43] | That doesn’t make it okay to just… | 这并不意味着可以随便… |
[34:45] | Not my point. | 这不是我的观点 |
[34:47] | It’s harder to help Kevin than you think. | 要帮助凯文比你想象的更难 |
[34:50] | But… | 但是… |
[34:56] | What about a foster family? | 寄养家庭呢? |
[34:58] | Not a lot of them want teenagers, | 他们中没有多少人想要青少年 |
[35:00] | especially if they have a history of running away from foster homes. | 特别是如果他们有从寄养家庭逃跑的历史 |
[35:06] | I’ll do everything I can to keep him safe. | 我将尽我所能保护他的安全 |
[35:18] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[35:19] | I keep trying to sell my aunt on the cuirass, | 我一直试图向我的阿姨推销铁甲 |
[35:21] | but she kicked me out. | 但她把我赶了出来 |
[35:24] | Is there anything else? | 还有什么其他的吗? |
[35:27] | N-No. | 没 没有 |
[35:29] | Just hospice care. | 只是安宁疗护 |
[35:35] | Have you guys thought any more about doing my show? | 你们有没有再考虑过做我的节目? |
[35:42] | We haven’t decided yet. | 我们还没有决定 |
[35:50] | I made my documentary because people like me | 我制作了我的纪录片 因为像我这样的人 |
[35:53] | need to know that someone like Aunt Joan exists. | 需要知道像琼阿姨这样的人存在 |
[35:59] | There are people who need to know you exist, Shaun. | 有的人需要知道你的存在 肖恩 |
[36:08] | Those people who needed Aunt Joan? | 那些需要琼阿姨的人? |
[36:12] | Now she needs them. | 现在她需要他们 |
[36:26] | Not another one of your director’s cuts. | 不是你的另一个导演剪辑 |
[36:30] | Better. | 比这更好 |
[36:32] | Aunt Joanie. | 琼妮阿姨 |
[36:36] | Polio made your world smaller, | 小儿麻痹症使你的世界变小 |
[36:39] | but you made the world bigger for so many others | 但你为许多人创造了更大的世界 |
[36:44] | by showing what’s possible. | 你展示了什么是可能的 |
[36:50] | – Hey, hey! There she is. – Hi, Joan. | -嘿 她来了 -嗨 琼 |
[36:51] | – Hi, Joan! – Oh! Wha… | -嗨 琼!-哇… |
[36:54] | Suzie? Is that… | 苏西?那是… |
[36:57] | Oh, Jeffrey. | 杰弗里 |
[36:58] | All right, Suzie, you’re up. | 好了 苏西 你上线了 |
[37:00] | I was first in my family to go to college. | 我是家里第一个上大学的人 |
[37:03] | I was ready to drop out freshman year | 我在大一的时候就准备退学了 |
[37:05] | until I took your seminar. | 直到我参加了你的研讨会 |
[37:07] | Your courage inspired me to come out. | 你的勇气激励我走出来 |
[37:10] | When I saw your movie, I thought, | 当我看到你的电影时 我想 |
[37:12] | “Her iron lung isn’t ruling her life. | 「她的铁肺并没有主宰她的生活 |
[37:15] | My depression shouldn’t rule mine.” | 我的抑郁症不应该支配我的」 |
[37:18] | Made an appointment with a therapist that day. | 当天预约了一位治疗师 |
[37:22] | Every time I start to say, “I can’t,” | 每当我开始说 「我不能」时 |
[37:24] | I just think about how brave you’ve been. | 我只是在想你是多么的勇敢 |
[37:25] | I talked to my kids about your bravery. | 我和我的孩子们谈到了你的勇敢 |
[37:27] | They learned so much from your story. | 他们从你的故事中学到了很多东西 |
[37:44] | I’m so lucky to call you a friend. | 我很幸运能和你以朋友相称 |
[37:45] | You didn’t just teach me physics. | 你不只是教我物理学 |
[37:47] | You taught me about life. | 你让我了解了生命 |
[37:54] | – Bye! – Bye! | -再见!-再见! |
[38:08] | You’ve been in that machine a long time. | 你已经在那台机器上呆了很久了 |
[38:11] | You’re scared of life outside because it’s new… | 你害怕外面的生活 因为世界变了样… |
[38:18] | Because it may make you look back | 因为它可能会让你回过头来 |
[38:20] | and realize how much you’ve missed. | 意识到你错过了多少东西 |
[38:26] | You’ve overcome so much more than most people. | 你比大多数人克服了这么多困难 |
[38:30] | You found your courage before. | 你之前找到了你的勇气 |
[38:33] | You can do it again. | 你可以再做一次 |
[38:38] | If I could feel my ass, you’d be such a pain in it. | 如果我能感觉到我的心 就是我的顶心杉 |
[38:50] | Fine. I’ll do the damn surgery. Just shut up about it. | 好吧 我会做这个该死的手术 你就闭嘴吧 |
[39:05] | You’re all set for discharge. | 你已经准备好出院了 |
[39:07] | I made some calls to DCFS. | 我给社署打了几个电话 |
[39:09] | They promised to get you in a new foster placement. | 他们承诺会给你安排一个新的寄养机构 |
[39:13] | H-How long will it take? | 需 需要多长时间? |
[39:15] | A week or so. | 一个星期左右 |
[39:30] | You see that? | 你看到了吗? |
[39:32] | Yeah. Looks like an infection. | 是的 看起来像是感染 |
[39:35] | He’s not ready for discharge. | 他还没有准备好出院 |
[39:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[39:41] | – Is it bad? – No. | -情况不好吗? -没有事 |
[39:44] | We just need to keep you here a little longer. | 我们只是需要让你在这里多呆一会儿 |
[39:46] | How much longer? | 还要多久? |
[39:48] | A week or so. | 一个星期左右 |
[40:01] | Thanks for coming. I-I… | 谢谢你的到来 我 我… |
[40:03] | Since the last time we met, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking. | 自从我们上次见面后 我一直在做大量的思考 |
[40:06] | If this is gonna work, there needs to be a change | 如果要行得通 在动态中需要 |
[40:11] | in the dynamic, mostly on my part. | 有一些改变 主要是在我方面 |
[40:13] | And I-I’m not sure I can do that, | 而我 我不确定我能否做到这一点 |
[40:15] | so maybe we should call it a day. | 因此 也许我们应该就这样作罢 |
[40:22] | That’s it? | 就这样了? |
[40:23] | Of course I’ll give you the endorsement. | 我当然会给你背书 |
[40:26] | You’re gonna give up on us? | 你要放弃我们吗? |
[40:28] | I… thought you said you didn’t want a partner. | 我…你不是说你不想要一个伙伴吗? |
[40:32] | It took me a while to get past the attitude, | 我花了一段时间才克服了这种态度 |
[40:35] | but you were right. | 但你是对的 |
[40:38] | We could use your code to power three different sensors. | 我们可以用你的代码为三个不同的传感器供电 |
[40:40] | We could sell it as a set or a la carte. | 我们可以把它作为一个套装或单点来卖 |
[40:43] | Make more money. | 赚更多的钱 |
[40:46] | I like that idea. | 我喜欢这个主意 |
[40:49] | What about it, Glassy? | 怎么样 小格? |
[40:51] | Maybe we can all learn some new tricks. | 也许我们都能学到一些新的技巧 |
[40:54] | Well, you know what they say about old dogs, | 你知道他们是怎么说老狗的 |
[40:57] | but… sure, I’m willing to give it a shot. | 但是…当然 我愿意努力试下 |
[41:10] | How’s Frank Jr.? | 小弗兰克怎么样了? |
[41:12] | No, this is Gene… | 不 这是吉恩… |
[41:15] | Kelly, light on his feet. | 凯利 脚履轻盈 |
[41:22] | So… the show? | 那么…这个节目? |
[41:25] | Oh, Shaun and I haven’t had a chance to… | 肖恩和我还没有机会… |
[41:27] | You are beautiful, smart, and kind. | 你很漂亮 很聪明 也很善良 |
[41:31] | When I was younger, I would have liked to see a TV show | 当我年轻的时候 我希望能看到一个电视节目 |
[41:35] | about a man like me lucky enough to marry a woman like you. | 关于像我这样的人有幸娶了你这样的女人 |
[41:43] | But you don’t want to do it, and that is okay. | 但你不想这样做 那也没关系 |
[41:48] | Shaun, you have inspired me, | 肖恩 你启发了我 |
[41:51] | and I want us to inspire other people. | 我希望我们能激励其他的人 |
[41:56] | And planning a wedding sucks. | 筹划婚礼也很糟糕 |
[42:00] | Yes, it does. | 是的 确实如此 |
[42:10] | We are going to be reality show people. | 我们要做综艺节目的人 |
[42:24] | Reality show people! | 综艺节目的人! |