时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on The Good Doctor | 《良医》前情捉要 |
[00:02] | I’m Charlotte Lukaitis. | 我是查洛特·卢凯提斯 |
[00:04] | Charlie. You are on my team. Yesl | -查莉 你跟我 -好耶 |
[00:06] | Positive affirmations are empowering for people with ASD. | 积极的肯定会赋予自闭谱系人群力量 |
[00:09] | My autism is awesome. | 我的自闭症太棒了 |
[00:10] | We should prep a bolus dose of TPA. | 我们应该准备大剂量的抗凝血药 |
[00:12] | No, we should not do that. | 不 我们不应该 |
[00:14] | You ordered a nurse to prep an unindicated and very risky medication. | 你在无指征的情况下让护士准备了非常危险的药物 |
[00:17] | I didn’t order her. I was just making a suggestion. – Get outl | -我没让她准备 我只是提个建议 -出去 |
[00:19] | I believe your intense curiosity | 我相信你强烈的好奇心 |
[00:22] | and attention to organization | 和对组织的细微关注 |
[00:24] | will one day make you an excellent pathologist. | 总有一天会使你成为一名优秀的病理学家 |
[00:26] | I don’t want to be a pathologist. | 我不想当病理学家 |
[00:28] | I just want to be a surgeon like you. | 我只想成为像你一样的外科医生 |
[00:30] | You’re nothing like me. | 你一点也不像我 |
[00:31] | So much of my life in Orthodox world. | 我生活中的大部分时间都身处东正教的世界 |
[00:34] | I still don’t feel like I know what I’m doing. | 我还是觉得我不知道自己在做什么 |
[00:37] | I have so little figured out, | 我对大部分事情都不太明白 |
[00:39] | except that I’m really into you. | 除了我真的很喜欢你 |
[00:42] | Mom? – Hey, Audie. | -妈妈 -嘿 奥迪 |
[00:44] | But what are you doing here? Are you okay? | 你在这里做什么 你没事吗 |
[00:47] | Oh, I’m just here for a drug trial. For my hyperthyroid. | 我是来参加药物试验的 治疗我的甲状腺机能亢进 |
[00:50] | You heard they’re calling a board meeting tomorrow? | 你听说他们明天要开董事会了吗 |
[00:52] | Can you cover for me? – I wish I could cover it. | -你能替我去吗 -真希望我能帮你 |
[00:54] | It would be preferable to taking my mom shopping. | 总比带我妈去购物好 |
[00:57] | I’ll take her shopping. | 我带她去购物 |
[00:58] | Thank you for your help. | 谢谢你来帮忙 |
[00:59] | Oh, no. Happy to help. | 哦 不 我很乐意帮忙 |
[01:00] | See, and here you are, stuck with me. | 看到没 她把你发配给我了 |
[01:02] | Oh! [chucklesjNo. | 哦 没有的事 |
[01:04] | You have been very sweet. | 你真是太贴心了 |
[01:25] | Should we just- – – No. | -我们要不要 -不 |
[01:26] | Can’t we just check on him? It’s been ten minutes. | 我们就不能去看看他吗 已经十分钟了 |
[01:30] | Nine. – I’m rounding up. | -9分钟 -我四舍五入了 |
[01:33] | You shouldn’t. This process is tiring and difficult. | 你不应该这样 这个过程既累人又困难 |
[01:36] | But once we finish, we will all be happier | 但一旦我们完成 我们都会更快乐 |
[01:38] | and more well- rested. | 休息得更好 |
[01:43] | How does the crying not bother you? | 这哭声怎么就烦不到你呢 |
[01:49] | In prehistoric times, | 在史前时代 |
[01:51] | when infants awoke in the night | 如果婴儿在夜间醒来 |
[01:53] | and didn’t see their parents, | 却看不到父母 |
[01:54] | it could mean they had been killed by wild animals | 那可能意味着他们被野兽杀死了 |
[01:57] | or competing tribes. | 或者是被竞争部落杀了 |
[01:58] | Steve’s cries are designed by nature | 史蒂夫的哭声天生就是为了 |
[02:00] | to alert other adults to take care of him. | 提醒其他成年人该照顾他了 |
[02:04] | How much longer? | 还要多久 |
[02:07] | Ten seconds. | 十秒钟 |
[02:09] | Nine, eight | 九 八 |
[02:10] | seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. | 七 六 五 四 三 二 一 |
[02:15] | Don’t worry, Steve. Mommy’s coming. | 别担心 史蒂夫 妈妈来了 |
[02:32] | Morning. | 早 |
[02:34] | Morning. | 早 |
[02:36] | That was fun. | 还挺有趣 |
[02:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:44] | I have to go, unfortunately. | 很不幸 我得走了 |
[02:49] | When’s your first meeting? | 你的第一个会议是什么时候 |
[02:56] | After this. | 在这之后我就去 |
[03:00] | I have a consult. | 我有个会诊 |
[03:02] | No, Shaun, please stay. | 不 肖恩 请留下 |
[03:05] | Sorry. I was, um… | 对不起 我刚刚 |
[03:09] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:10] | I was just about to tell Shaun | 我正要告诉肖恩 |
[03:12] | that he’ll be working with Charlie Lukaitis today. | 他今天要和查莉·卢凯提斯一起工作 |
[03:14] | No, Im going to work with Dom | 不 我要带多姆 |
[03:16] | Charlie is disruptive and distracting. | 查莉总是捣乱 让人分心 |
[03:18] | She should be failed out of this rotation. | 她应该被排除在这次轮岗之外 |
[03:20] | That’s a harsh assessment, | 这是非常严重的评估 |
[03:22] | and one you can’t make yntil she’s completed her rotation. | 在她完成轮岗之前你不能做出这样的评估 |
[03:27] | I want to opt out of being a teaching attending. | 我想选择退出教学工作 |
[03:29] | You can’t do that, Shaun. This is a teaching hospital. | 你不能这么做 肖恩 这是一家教学医院 |
[03:32] | You can’t opt out. | 你不能选择退出 |
[03:33] | Well, actually, you can, but you lose access to the residents- – | 其实你可以的 但你就不能接触其他住院医生 |
[03:36] | Jordan, Kalu, Asher. | 乔丹 卡鲁 亚设 |
[03:37] | I prefer to work alone. | 我更喜欢独自工作 |
[03:39] | And you’d stick to simple surgeries. | 那你就只能做最简单的手术了 |
[03:41] | Lap choles, appendectomies, hernia repairs. | 腹部绞痛 阑尾切除术 疝气修补术 |
[03:44] | Not to mention, you’d lose a third of your salary. | 更不用说 你会损失三分之一的薪水 |
[03:48] | I cannot teach her. | 我教不了她 |
[03:49] | She interrupts me, and when I point out her mistakes, | 她打断我 当我指出她的错误时 |
[03:52] | she just argues with me. | 她只会和我争论 |
[03:54] | Well, why don’t you stop pointing out her mistakes? | 那你为什么不停止指出她的错误呢 |
[03:56] | Why don’t you start | 你为什么不能 |
[03:58] | pointing out things she does well? | 指出她做得好的地方呢 |
[04:00] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[04:01] | Because when you criticize people, they feel bad, | 因为当你批评别人的时候 他们会感觉很糟糕 |
[04:04] | and that leads to arguments. | 这就会导致争吵 |
[04:06] | And that leads to Charlie standing alone, mute in an elevator. | 这导致了查莉独自一人站在电梯里难过得说不出话 |
[04:08] | And that leads to more meetings with us. | 然后导致了我们进行更多的会面 |
[04:10] | I can’t just let her mistakes go. | 我不能就这样放过她的错误 |
[04:13] | So, how about you try a compliment sandwich? | 那你试试三明治赞美法怎么样 |
[04:16] | When you need to give negative feedback, | 当你需要给出负面反馈时 |
[04:19] | stick it between layers of praise. | 把它夹在两层表扬之间 |
[04:22] | Charlie. | 查莉 |
[04:24] | doesn’t have two pieces of bread to work with. | 连两点可以表扬的地方都没有 |
[04:29] | Then make it a compliment open- faced sandwich. | 那把它做成一个单层表扬的开放式三明治 |
[04:35] | Find the bread, Shaun. | 找到她的优点 肖恩 |
[04:51] | Hi, honey. Hey, you okay? | -嗨 亲爱的 -嘿 你没事吧 |
[04:53] | Your door was closed when I left. | 我走的时候你的门是关着的 |
[04:55] | I wasn’t there. I, um | 我不在那里 我 嗯 |
[04:59] | stayed over at Aaron’s. | 在业伦家过的夜 |
[05:02] | You…s- slept over there? | 你 在那边过的夜 |
[05:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:05] | LikeYes. | -你是说 -是的 |
[05:08] | I hope you don’t have a problem with that. | 我希望你对此没有意见 |
[05:11] | You’re a grown woman. | 你是个成年人了 |
[05:13] | That decided to have sex with my co- president. | 决定和我的联合院长上床的成年人 |
[05:15] | Sure. That’s…fine. | 当然可以 这 无所谓 |
[05:18] | Great. | 太好 |
[05:21] | It was amazing, Audrey. | 太棒了 奥黛丽 |
[05:23] | I mean, for a man his age, | 我是说 他都这个年纪的人了 |
[05:24] | you cannot believe the stamina and the decisiveness. | 你简直无法相信他的那种毅力和果断是真的 |
[05:29] | That’s great, Mom. | 太好了 妈 |
[05:30] | It’s just sex. | 只是上床而已 |
[05:32] | I’ll be going home after the study is over. | 研究结束后我就回家了 |
[05:35] | But as sex goes, this is pretty high quality. | 但就性爱而言 还是相当高质量的 |
[05:44] | Where did you fall? | 你在哪里摔倒的 |
[05:46] | In the shower. | 洗澡的时候 |
[05:48] | I hate how old that makes me sound. | 我讨厌说这话 让我听起来很老 |
[05:49] | Don’t worry, you also look old. | 别担心 你看起来也老了 |
[05:52] | Oh, thank you for that. | 哦 真是谢谢你了 |
[05:54] | BP’s 100 over 70, heart rate 75 BPMs. | 血压 100的70 心率75 |
[05:57] | Hip bone’s swollen and deformed. | 髋骨肿胀变形 |
[06:00] | Does this hurt? | 这样疼吗 |
[06:03] | You have a fractured and dislocated hip. | 你的髋关节骨折脱臼了 |
[06:06] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[06:08] | Don’t worry. We’ll get him to the OR right away. | 别担心 我们马上送他去手术室 |
[06:09] | Your dad will be fine. | 你爸爸会没事的 |
[06:13] | He’s my fiance. | 他是我的未婚夫 |
[06:18] | Then your fiance will be fine. | 那你的未婚夫会没事的 |
[06:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:26] | Hi! I know the last time we worked together | 嗨 我知道上次我们一起合作 |
[06:28] | could have gone better. | 本来可以更顺利一点的 |
[06:30] | I always quote the great Taylor Swift | 我总是在重要时刻引用伟大的 |
[06:32] | at important moments, | 泰勒·斯威夭特的话 |
[06:34] | so let me just say- – – Don’t do that. | -所以我想说 -别说 |
[06:35] | I promise Iwon’t interrupt you today. | 我保证今天不打断你 |
[06:37] | I’ll work extra hard to be helpful. | 我会加倍努力帮上忙的 |
[06:43] | What were you doing when you first started throwing up? | 你第一次呕吐的时候在做什么 |
[06:45] | Walking with Mom. | 和妈妈一起散步 |
[06:46] | We weren’t overdoing it or anything. | 我们并没有走得太快之类的 |
[06:48] | We walk together every morning before school. | 我们每天早上上学前一起散步 |
[06:51] | It’s our special time. | 这是属于我们的特殊时刻 |
[06:52] | That’s awesome. Do you know Mirna Valerio? | 太棒了 你认识米尔娜·瓦莱里奥吗 |
[06:54] | She’s a large- bodied woman who runs ultramarathons. | 她身材魁梧 跑超级马拉松的 |
[06:57] | You could work your way up to that. | 你可以慢慢来 练到跑超级马拉松 |
[06:58] | Or just marathons. | 或者普通马拉松 |
[06:59] | That wasn’t an interruption. | 那不是打断 |
[07:02] | It was… | 那是 |
[07:04] | good that you did not interrupt me, | 很好 你没有打断我 |
[07:06] | but you did not need to tell that story. | 但你没必要讲那个故事 |
[07:10] | Although, it was not completely irrelevant. | 虽然 这并非完全无关紧要 |
[07:13] | With the fever and white count, I thought she had a UTI | 发烧 白细胞计数 我以为她得了尿路感染 |
[07:18] | Lucy, please lie down. | 露西 请躺下 |
[07:25] | Take a deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[07:29] | Positive Murphy sign. | 墨菲征阳性 |
[07:30] | And it was spotted by Dr. Murphy. So cool. | 墨菲医生发现的 太酷了 |
[07:32] | It wasn’t named after Dr. Murphy, though. | 但它并不是以墨菲医生的名字命名的 |
[07:34] | It is, in fact, named after Dr. Murphy. | 事实上 它是以墨菲医生的名字命名的 |
[07:36] | He just wasn’t me. – It’s still cool. | -但是是另一个墨菲医生 -还是很酷 |
[07:38] | There’s nothing cool about it, | 这一点都不酷 |
[07:40] | since it means Lucy’s gallbladder is inflamed | 因为这意味着露西的胆囊发炎了 |
[07:42] | and will need to be removed. | 需要切除 |
[07:43] | Why would she be having trouble with her gallbladder? | 为什么她的胆囊会有问题 |
[07:46] | Probably because she’s morbidly obese. | 可能是因为她病态肥胖 |
[07:51] | But don’t worry, | 不过别担心 |
[07:52] | we do the surgery every day. | 我们每大都做这手术的 |
[07:54] | Not on teenagers, though. | 但不是在青少年身上做 |
[08:00] | I shouldn’t have assumed. | 我不应该假设这是人家爸的 |
[08:03] | Placing second guidewire. | 放置第二根导丝 |
[08:05] | But are we all just going to ignore how gross this is? | 但我们就要这样忽略这有多恶心吗 |
[08:07] | I mean, he’s old enough to be her grandfather. | 我是说 他年纪大得可以当她爷爷了 |
[08:10] | Lots of people think it’s gross that you and I are together. | 很多人觉得你和我在一起很恶心 |
[08:12] | Yes, but we’re actually in love. | 没错 但我们是真心相爱的 |
[08:13] | Okay? She’s gold- digging. | 好吧 她就是在钓金龟婿 |
[08:15] | Another assumption. A deduction, actually. | -你又在假设了 -其实这叫推测 |
[08:18] | If he’s not loaded, why would she be with him? | 如果他没钱 她怎么会跟他在一起 |
[08:21] | Also, I found her Instagram. | 还有 我找到了她的社交账号 |
[08:23] | You should see the hotel they stayed at in Baja. | 你应该看看他们在巴哈住的酒店 |
[08:24] | And they’ve been engaged for a year, but no wedding website. | 他们已经订婚一年了 但还没有婚礼计划网站 |
[08:28] | He’s clearly stalling, | 他显然在拖延时间 |
[08:29] | trying to have as much sex as he can before tossing her. | 想在甩她之前尽可能多地做爱 |
[08:32] | He’s 74 Yeah. | -他都74了 -对 |
[08:34] | And a man. | 他也还是个男人 |
[08:36] | Implanting primary FNS screw. | 植入一级FNS固定钉 |
[08:38] | If she’s after his money and he’s after her youth, | 如果她是看上他有钱 而他是看上她年轻 |
[08:40] | then they’re both getting something out of it. | 那他俩不就是各取所需吗 |
[08:44] | Tightening locking screw. | 紧固锁紧螺钉 |
[08:48] | Dissecting the gallbladder off the liver. | 把胆囊从肝脏上剥离 |
[08:51] | Processed foods, sugary drinks, schools dropping PE | 加工食品 含糖饮料 学校放弃体育课 |
[08:54] | No wonder there’s an epidemic of childhood obesity. | 难怪儿童肥胖如此流行 |
[08:57] | Weight is a bad proxy for health, actually. BMI, too. | 事实上 体重并不能代表健康 BMI也一样 |
[09:00] | It doesn’t take into account muscle mass or metabolic- | 它们都没有考虑到肌肉量或新陈代谢 |
[09:02] | Excuse me. What are you doing? | 对不起 你在干什么 |
[09:04] | Oh, I, um I- I asked Charlie | 我 我让查莉 |
[09:06] | to learn the tools by laying them out. | 通过把工具摆出来来学习 |
[09:08] | Laparoscopic instruments go on the left, | 左边放腹腔镜工具 |
[09:11] | then clamps, scissors, retractors, and sutures. | 然后是夹子 剪刀 牵开器和缝合线 |
[09:13] | You have done the opposite. | 你摆反了 |
[09:17] | You…did lay them out, though. | 你 不过你确实是它们都摆出来了 |
[09:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:23] | One thing, though. Shaming people who are overweight, | 不过有一件事 羞辱超重的人 |
[09:26] | which, sorry, Shaun, you kind of did | 对不起 肖恩 你刚才说的 |
[09:28] | with that “morbidly obese” comment, | “病态肥胖”的话 |
[09:29] | can actually lead to overeating. | 实际上会导致他们暴饮暴食 |
[09:31] | I was stating a medical fact. | 我只是陈述一个医学事实 |
[09:33] | I was stating a medical fact | 我只是陈述一个医学事实 |
[09:34] | Ultrasonic coagulator. Startjng the | 超声波凝结剂 开始 |
[09:36] | But if your fact made her feelrashamed, | 但如果你陈述的事实让她觉得惭愧 |
[09:38] | then you- – You inter- – | -那你就 -你又 |
[09:41] | Charlie, you did a good job | 查莉 你之前没有打断我 |
[09:43] | when you were not interrupting me earlier. | 我觉得你做的非常棒 |
[09:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:47] | But you did not do a good job | 但你刚刚打断我 |
[09:48] | when you were interrupting me just now. | 这就不太合适了 |
[09:50] | Oh, I just thought we were talking at the same time. | 我认为我们其实是同时开口说的话 |
[09:52] | But you are doing a good job right now | 但你现在做的就很好 |
[09:55] | because you are not interrupting- – | 因为你没有打断 |
[09:57] | It’s mostly I’m completing your train of thought, which helps. | 主要是因为我在跟着你的思路走 这样很有帮助 |
[09:58] | Okay, I am running out of bread. | 好吧 我没话说了 |
[10:04] | Shaun. | 肖恩 |
[10:06] | Her liver has yellow diffuse deposits and fibrosis. | 她的肝脏有黄色弥漫性沉积物和纤维化 |
[10:10] | She has advanced fatty liver. | 她患有晚期脂肪肝 |
[10:13] | If this progresses, | 如果继续发展 |
[10:14] | she will need a liver transplant or she will die. | 她就需要进行肝脏移植否则就会死 |
[10:22] | It may take a few months to regain full mobility, | 可能需要几个月才能完全恢复活动能力 |
[10:25] | but that shouldn’t stop you from walking down the aisle. | 但应该不会影响你们走进教堂 |
[10:28] | Thank you so much, Doctor. | 非常感谢 医生 |
[10:32] | So, how’d you two meet? | 你们俩怎么认识的 |
[10:34] | Well, we needed some legal work done at the school | 在我教七年级英语的学校里 |
[10:37] | where Iteach seventh grade English, | 有些法律方面的工作需要做 |
[10:39] | and somehow, a big fancy litigator | 不知怎么的 一个超有名的高端诉讼律师 |
[10:42] | took us on pro bono. | 肯为我们做无偿服务 |
[10:44] | Not that fancy. No. Fancy. | -没你说的那么高端啦 -就是很高端啊 |
[10:45] | And very modest. | 而且非常谦虚 |
[10:48] | I had, uh, lost my wife, Julie, to COVID | 几年前 因为新冠 |
[10:51] | a couple of years before and | 找老婆朱莉去世了 |
[10:53] | Well, I was a mess. | 我深受打击 |
[10:54] | I certainly never thought I could fall in love again. | 从没想过我还会再次爱上别人 |
[10:57] | Neither of us expected this to happen. | 我们俩都没想到会发生这种事 |
[10:59] | But we’re real glad it did. | 但我们觉得很庆幸 |
[11:01] | It’s a beautiful story. | 真是个美丽的故事 |
[11:05] | When’s the big day? | 婚礼是哪天 |
[11:09] | Hey, are you okay? | 嘿 你没事吧 |
[11:11] | Yeah, it’s just my stomach thing. | 没事 就是胃有点不舒服 |
[11:13] | Uh, we’re just waiting for Scott | 我们在等斯科特 |
[11:16] | to finish converting to Judaism. | 完成皈依犹太教的仪式 |
[11:18] | I’m sure you know how long that process can be, Dr. Wolke. | 沃尔克医生 我想你肯定知道那过程有多漫长 |
[11:20] | You’re Jewish, right? | 你是犹太人对吧 |
[11:22] | No. | 不是 |
[11:24] | Oh, I- I’m sorry, I | 我 我很抱歉 我 |
[11:27] | I assumed… | 我以为 |
[11:31] | I feel sick. | 我好恶心 |
[11:33] | Ronit? | 罗尼特 |
[11:36] | Ronit. | 罗尼特 |
[11:39] | Look at me. – Ronit! | -看看我啊 -罗尼特 |
[11:42] | Crash cart! | 急救车 |
[11:47] | Stomach and duodenum are normal. | 胃和十二指肠正常 |
[11:50] | Are you ready to admit you’re wrong about them? | 准备好承认你对他们的看法是错的了吗 |
[11:52] | Fine. They’re in love. | 行吧 他们是真心相爱的 |
[11:54] | But why not just peacefully live out | 但为什么不能平静地陪他 |
[11:56] | his golden years together? | 一起度过晚年呢 |
[11:58] | Why is she making him jump through all these hoops to get married? | 她为什么要让他经历这么多麻烦非要结婚呢 |
[11:59] | Does he really want to spend the rest of his years | 他真的想把余生都花在 |
[12:01] | studying the Book of Ruth? | 研究《路得记》上吗 |
[12:03] | She’s not forcing him to do anything. | 她没有逼他做任何事 |
[12:05] | He wants to make her happy. | 他想让她开心 |
[12:06] | Yeah, by pretending to care about | 是啊 假装在乎一些 |
[12:07] | something he doesn’t actually care about. | 他明明不在乎的事 |
[12:09] | If he wants to stay married, I also recommend pretending | 如果他想维持婚姻 |
[12:11] | to care about every other thing she cares about. | 我还建议他假装关心她在意的每一件事 |
[12:13] | Transverse colon is normal. | 横结肠正常 |
[12:15] | Also, it doesn’t hurt for a man of his age | 而且 对他这个年纪的人来说 |
[12:17] | to have a younger medical proxy who cares about him. | 有一个关心他的年轻医疗代理人也没什么坏处 |
[12:19] | So just give her power of attorney. | 那就给她一份授权书好了 |
[12:21] | Yeah, maybe in a ceremony. She could wear white. | 嗯 也许在仪式中给呢 她一身洁白 |
[12:24] | They could exchange rings. What’s that called? | 他们可以交换戒指 这叫什么来着 |
[12:25] | Why are you so invested in this? | 这事你怎么这么上心 |
[12:27] | Why are you so cynical? | 你怎么这么愤世嫉俗 |
[12:28] | Guys. | 两位 |
[12:31] | Left ovary and pelvic organs. | 左侧卵巢和盆腔器官 |
[12:40] | Dr. Glassman and Dr. Lim | 格拉斯曼医生和林医生 |
[12:42] | suggested the compliment sandwich, | 建议用三明治评价法 |
[12:44] | but it is very distracting | 找出查莉做得对的两件事 |
[12:45] | having to find two things Charlie is doing right | 这样我才能纠正她的错误 |
[12:47] | just so I can correct her mistakes. | 可这真的很让人分心 |
[12:49] | There are a lot of them. | 而且这种事还不少 |
[12:51] | What do we do in sleep training when Steve cries? | 在睡眠训练中我们遇到史蒂夫哭时是怎么做的 |
[12:55] | We ignore him. | 忽视他 |
[12:57] | Ignore her. | 你忽视她就好了啊 |
[12:58] | Charlie isn’t a baby. | 可查莉不是宝宝 |
[13:00] | When she makes mistakes, it affects patients. | 她犯错的时候会影响到患者 |
[13:02] | How often do med students get to do something | 医学生有多少机会 |
[13:04] | that could actually hurt a patient? | 去做真的能伤害到病人的事呢 |
[13:07] | Not very often. | 不太多 |
[13:09] | So, when she does something annoying, just let it go. | 所以 当她做了让你心烦的事 别理她 |
[13:12] | If you ignore the mistakes, | 如果你能忽视那些错误 |
[13:13] | you don’t need to look for the compliments. | 你就不用去找需要表扬的地方了 |
[13:16] | Well, yeah. That is worth a try. | 也对 值得一试 |
[13:20] | Lucy’s coming out of anesthesia. | 露西从麻醉中苏醒了 |
[13:22] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[13:25] | Have you forgotten something? | 你是不是忘了点什么 |
[13:27] | Something to steel you against any level of annoyingness? | 一个能让你抵抗任何烦恼的 |
[13:31] | It smells of adorableness and diaper cream? | 闻起来有可爱和护臀膏味道的小东西 |
[13:48] | Now go get your ignore on. | 现在打开“忽视”键吧 |
[13:56] | You have stage three ovarian cancer. | 你患上了三期卵巢癌 |
[13:58] | It’s spread beyond the ovaries and pelvis. | 已经扩散到整个卵巢和骨盆了 |
[14:05] | I told my GP months ago | 几个月前我跟全科医生说 |
[14:06] | that I was having back pain and nausea. | 我感到背痛和恶心 |
[14:08] | He said that it was probably just stress. | 他说可能就是压力造成的 |
[14:09] | Unfortunately, that’s not uncommon. | 遗憾的是 这种情况并不少见 |
[14:11] | 70%of cases are missed at the early stages. | 70%的病例在初期都会被忽视 |
[14:17] | We will do everything we can, | 我们会尽一切所能 |
[14:20] | starting with removing as many of the tumors as possible. | 尽可能多切除现有的肿瘤 |
[14:25] | And hopefully chemo can get the rest. | 并且希望化疗能解决剩下的部分 |
[14:41] | Thanks. Perfect. | 谢谢 很好 |
[14:45] | Audreyl- Oh! | 奥黛丽 |
[14:48] | Hi. Hello. Q | -嗨 -你好 |
[14:50] | So, we were just talking about where to go for dinner. | 我们刚正在说去哪吃晚饭 |
[14:53] | Yeah, what was that place? | 嗯 那个地方叫什么来着 |
[14:54] | The Chinese fusion on Elm? – East- West. | -榆树街的那家中式融合菜 -东西方 |
[14:58] | Try the wonton tacos. | 尝尝炸馄饨 |
[15:02] | Excuse me. Um | 失陪一下 |
[15:04] | Hey, uh, I’m guessing you’re not okay with this. | 嘿 我猜你对这事不太高兴 |
[15:08] | You sleeping with my mom? | 你睡我妈这事吗 |
[15:10] | My dad did it for years. We got along fine. | 我爸也睡了好多年 我俩也处得来 |
[15:12] | Since you’re not okay with it, uh, | 既然你不高兴 |
[15:14] | is there anything that I can do | 我能做点什么 |
[15:16] | to make this a little bit less awkward? | 让整件事没那么尴尬吗 |
[15:18] | There’s not going out with her. | 你可以不跟她一起啊 |
[15:20] | Short of that? | 就只有这个选择吗 |
[15:22] | You asked. | 是你问我的 |
[15:39] | Are they? | 他们是不是 |
[15:41] | Please don t make me think about this any more than I already have. | 拜托别让我再想这事了 我已经够烦的了 |
[15:43] | Ah! Wow. | 给力 |
[15:46] | You ve really gotta hand it to Glassman. | 你真得佩服格拉斯曼 |
[15:47] | I really don’t | 我真做不到 |
[15:48] | Sleeping with your competitor’s mom | 和竞争对手的母亲上质 |
[15:50] | has got to be the 49th Law of Power. | 一定是第49条权力法则 |
[15:52] | He’s not my competitor, He’s my colleague. | 他不是我的竞争对手 他是我的同事 |
[15:57] | Imagine if they got married. | 想想看如果他们结婚了 |
[16:04] | That’s why we are recommending gastric sleeve surgery. | 这就是为什么我们建议做袖状胃切除手术 |
[16:07] | She’s 14. | 她才14 |
[16:09] | Lucy fits the guidelines. | 露西符合手术条件 |
[16:11] | She has a BMI of 40, | 她的BMI值高达40 |
[16:12] | she’s 136 pounds overweight, | 超重61公斤 |
[16:15] | and she’s having severe medical problems as a result. | 而且也出现了严重的健康问题 |
[16:18] | Do other kids get surgery like that? | 其他孩子也会做这种手术吗 |
[16:19] | There were 1, 400 bariatric surgeries | 2022年共有1400例 |
[16:21] | performed on adolescents in 2022, | 针对青少年的减肥手术 |
[16:23] | and it’s becoming more common every year. | 而且变得越来越普遍 |
[16:25] | Dr. Murphy will remove a large portion of your stomach. | 墨菲医生会给你切除大部分的胃 |
[16:28] | That will help you to eat less. | 这会让你少吃 |
[16:30] | And in ways we don’t fully understand yet, | 而且虽然无法全面理解原因 |
[16:31] | it reduces the hunger signals in your brain. | 但它会减少你大脑中的饥饿信号 |
[16:35] | That is not wrong. | 没错 |
[16:40] | I want to do this. | 我想做 |
[16:44] | Mom, I think about food all the time. | 妈 我无时无刻不想吃东西 |
[16:47] | I don’t want to keep fighting my body. | 我不想持续跟自己的身体作战 |
[16:50] | I’mjust so tired. | 太累了 |
[16:52] | Baby, I didn’t | 宝儿 我不 |
[16:54] | I didn’t realize you were still hurting this much. | 我都没意识到原来你这么痛苦 |
[16:58] | I didn’t want you to know. | 我不想告诉你 |
[17:00] | I was trying to fight it on my own, but. | 我一直想靠自己努力 但是 |
[17:03] | I don’t think I can anymore. | 我觉得我做不到了 |
[17:10] | Uh, okay. Let’s do it | 好 那我们就做手术吧 |
[17:13] | Let’s do it. | 做手术 |
[17:17] | Charlie will return with the preoperative consent form. | 查莉会带着术前同意书来的 |
[17:20] | Responsibility. | 责任 |
[17:22] | Awesome. | 太赞了 |
[17:27] | Gunderson’s doing a robotic- assisted thoracoscopic lobectomy. | 甘德森正在做机器人辅助的胸腔镜肺叶切除术 |
[17:31] | Gunderson. Isn’t he a little green? | 甘德森 他是不是还有点稚嫩 |
[17:32] | Yeah. He’ll probably push the wrong button and start a robot rebellion | 是 他很有可能按错按钮然后导致机器人暴动 |
[17:35] | Can you assist? | 你能协助吗 |
[17:36] | I could shuffle some stuff around | 我可以把事情调换个时间 |
[17:38] | Great. Problem solved. | 太好了 问题解决了 |
[17:40] | I do need you to write that memo to the board, though | 不过我需要你给董事会写一份备忘录 |
[17:43] | What memo? | 什么备忘录 |
[17:44] | Latest Practices in Lean Hospital Process Management. | 精益医院流程管理的最新灾践 |
[17:47] | Oh, that memo. | 哦 那个啊 |
[17:48] | The one you were supposed to write. | 原本该你写的那个 |
[17:50] | Now that I’m bailing Gunderson out. You don’t have the time | -但现在我要帮甘德森 -所以就没时间了 |
[17:53] | Let me guess, it’s due | 这个截止日期是 |
[17:55] | Tomorrow. What a coincidence | -明天 -真巧 |
[17:57] | Now I can’t take your mom out to dinner | 现在我不能带你妈共进晚餐了 |
[18:00] | OR awaits. | 手术室等我呢 |
[18:05] | Before I have you sign this, I need to tell you | 在你签字之前 我需要告诉你们 |
[18:07] | about the risks of gastric sleeve surgery. | 该项手术的风险 |
[18:09] | Yeah, okay. Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[18:10] | Yeah, okay. Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[18:11] | One, acid reflux. | 一 胃酸反流 |
[18:13] | Two, vitamin or iron deficiency. | 二 维生素或铁缺乏 |
[18:16] | Three, hernias. | 三 疝气 |
[18:17] | Four, internal bleeding during surgery or afterwards. | 四 术中或术后内出血 |
[18:19] | That doesn’t sound good. – Itjs not. | -这听上去不太妙啊 -的确 |
[18:20] | Five, surgical wound infection. | 五 手术伤囗感染 |
[18:22] | Six, fatal blood clots. | 六 致命血栓 |
[18:24] | Fatal? Yeah, like a pulmonary embolism. | -致命 -对 比如肺栓塞 |
[18:26] | Oxygen is blocked from your lungs, | 氧气无法进入肺部 |
[18:28] | and you start to suffocate. | 你就会开始窒息 |
[18:29] | Seven, sepsis leading to organ failure | 七 败血症导致器官衰竭 |
[18:31] | Wait. Hold on. Ive changed my mind. | -等等 别念了 -我改变主意了 |
[18:32] | So have I. Wefre not doing this. | 我也是 我们不做手术了 |
[18:33] | So have I. We’re not doing this. | 我也是 我们不做手术了 |
[18:38] | Guess you don’t need to hear about number eight. | 看来我不用再念第八条了 |
[18:45] | You have put that girl’s life at risk by telling her that. | 你告诉她这些会害她出现生命危险的 |
[18:48] | I did what I was supposed to. | 我也是照章办事啊 |
[18:49] | I listed all the possible complications. | 我只是告诉了她们所有的并发症 |
[18:51] | Did you say how unlikely each one was? – No, but | -你有提到每一项的概率吗 -没 但是 |
[18:53] | Or explain that many were a complication of any surgery? | 或者解释说所有的手术都有可能有这些并发症 |
[18:55] | – I didn’t think! – Or that this was a relatively safe surgery? | -我没来得及想 -或者说这是个相对安全的手术 |
[18:58] | This is unfair. Stop interrupting me. | -这不公平 -别再打断我了 |
[19:00] | You’re interrupting me. | 你是在打断我 |
[19:02] | I am the attending. | 我是主治医师 |
[19:04] | I have tried complimenting you, | 我试图表扬你 |
[19:06] | but that didn’t work. | 但不成功 |
[19:08] | I have also tried ignoring you, but that also didn’t work. | 我也试图忽略你 但这也不行 |
[19:10] | But I am required to keep teaching you, though, | 但我又被要求继续带你 |
[19:12] | so you will have to go back to learning | 所以你现在需要回到 |
[19:14] | by observing only. | 观察学习阶段 |
[19:16] | You will not bother me. | 不能再打扰我 |
[19:18] | You will not say a word, | 一个字都不能说 |
[19:19] | either in surgery or in front of the patient. | 无论是在手术中还是在患者面前 |
[19:31] | You’re quiet. | 怎么这么安静 |
[19:34] | I can’t stop thinking about Ronit. | 我止不住想起罗尼特 |
[19:38] | If her doctor had only taken her seriously. | 如果她的全科医生能早点当回事 |
[19:40] | Imagine trying to plan a wedding | 当她在化疗 |
[19:42] | while she’s in chemo and he’s recovering from a broken hip. | 而他正在从髋部骨折中恢复时 还要计划婚礼 |
[19:45] | Who cares about their wedding, planning? She could die. | 谁在乎计划婚礼的事啊她可能会死的 |
[19:47] | They care. – Well, they shouldn’t. | -他们在乎啊 -他们不该在乎 |
[19:49] | Marriage is an outdated institution | 婚姻是一种过时的制度 |
[19:51] | that was invented as a property transaction, | 是作为一种财产交易而生的 |
[19:54] | not as an expression of love. | 而不是作为爱的表达 |
[19:55] | How people feel about it now is | 现代人们对婚姻的感觉 |
[19:58] | That’s all that matters. | 还是很重要的 |
[19:59] | Well, sometimes our feelings trap us | 有时候感觉会让我们 |
[20:01] | in conventional ways of thinking. | 陷入传统的思维方式 |
[20:04] | Like, Rashi says that most of the Israelites | 比如拉什说大多数以色列人在埃及被奴役 |
[20:07] | stayed enslaved in Egypt because it’s all they knew. | 因为他们只知道这些 |
[20:09] | Are you seriously comparing a loving marriage to slavery? | 你真的要把有爱的婚姻比作奴隶制吗 |
[20:12] | Both were invented as a means of exchanging human chattel. | 两者都是作为交换人类动产的手段而产生的 |
[20:15] | That is offensive on so many levels. | 这话在很多方面都非常有冒犯性 |
[20:17] | And I doubt it’s what Rashi, whoever that is, | 而且我怀疑拉什还是谁的 |
[20:19] | meant when he wrote that parable. | 在写这段宗教寓言时是不是那个意思 |
[20:21] | It’s a Midrash, not a parable. | 是《挪得之书》不是寓言 |
[20:23] | Well, you sure know a Ipt about Judaism | 对于一个非犹太人来说 |
[20:24] | for someone who isn’t Jewish. | 你对犹太教懂的还真多 |
[20:26] | Okay, I’m not a practicing Jew, | 好吧 我不是信犹太教的 |
[20:27] | but I don’t have to share my life story with a patient. | 但我没必要把个人生活分享给患者吧 |
[20:29] | Why didn’t you just say, I was raised Jewish, but I don’t”- | 那你为什么不说 我是犹太人养大的 但我不 |
[20:33] | Hold on. fll get you a bandage. | 等会 我去给你拿创可贴 |
[20:38] | Here. | 给 |
[20:43] | I don’t feel like cooking anymore. | 我不想再做饭了 |
[20:46] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[20:57] | What are you still doing here? | 你怎么还在这呢 |
[20:58] | Aaron and I are going out to dinner. | 亚伦和我要去吃晚饭 |
[21:01] | And salsa dancing. | 然后跳萨尔萨 |
[21:02] | You dance salsa? | 你跳萨尔萨 |
[21:05] | You dance salsa? | 你跳萨尔萨 |
[21:06] | My Spanish teacher got me into it. | 我的西班牙语老师教我的 |
[21:09] | You have a Spanish teacher? | 你还有西班牙语老师 |
[21:10] | She could actually be a Spanish teacher. | 她自己都可以教西班牙语了 |
[21:12] | Habla muy bueno. | 祝你好事 |
[21:14] | Ah, bien, actually. – Bien, actually. | -是好运 -好运 |
[21:16] | So, I was doing research for this very urgent memo, | 我正在为这份紧急备忘录做研究的时候 |
[21:19] | and I came upon this great article on Lean Practices | 偶然发现了一篇发表在《阿根廷医院管理杂志》上的 |
[21:23] | in the Argentinian Journal for Hospital Administration, | 关于精益实践的很棒的文章 |
[21:26] | and it was in Spanish. | 西班牙文的 |
[21:27] | So I translated it for him. | 所以我帮他翻译了一下 |
[21:29] | So she translated it for me | 她帮我翻译了 |
[21:30] | and had some great ideas for the memo itself | 里面有很多备忘录能用到的内容 |
[21:34] | and saved me hours of work. | 所以帮我节约了几小时出来 |
[21:37] | Oh, don’t wait up tonight, hon. | 今晚别等我了 宝儿 |
[21:44] | With an open surgery, | 通过开放式手术 |
[21:45] | Park and I can get more of the tumors. | 朴和我可以切除更多的肿瘤 |
[21:47] | Laparoscopic surgery lowers the risk of complications, | 腹腔镜手术降低了并发症的风险 |
[21:50] | which would allow her to start chemo sooner. | 这将使她能够更快地开始化疗 |
[21:53] | Ronit’s pre- op labs. | 罗尼特的术前检查 |
[21:56] | Hey, Jordan. Hey, Jerome. | -嘿 乔丹 -嘿 杰罗姆 |
[21:58] | How’s Grandma E? | E婆婆怎么样 |
[21:59] | Doctor said she’ll recover fine. | 医生说她恢复的很好 |
[22:01] | Whether they’ll recover from me second- guessing | 但他们是否会从我对他们行为的质疑中恢复过来 |
[22:02] | everything they’re doing is another question. | 就是另一个问题了 |
[22:04] | I’m glad to hear it. On both counts. | 很高兴听你这么说 两样都是 |
[22:10] | What was that? | 这是闹哪样 |
[22:13] | We had a fight last night. | 我们昨晚吵架了 |
[22:17] | AlI right, this weekend, | 是这样 这周末 |
[22:19] | I found a box in Jerome’s drawer. | 我在杰罗姆的抽屉里发现了一个盒子 |
[22:22] | I’m pretty sure it was a ring box. | 我很确定是个戒指盒 |
[22:24] | Tomorrow night’s the second anniversary of our first date. | 明晚是我们首约两周年纪念日 |
[22:27] | I think he’s going to propose. | 我觉得他可能是要求婚 |
[22:28] | Or I should say, was. I don’t know about now. | 或者说之前想来着 现在不好说了 |
[22:32] | But isn’t that what you wanted? No, it is. | -但这不是正是你想要的吗 -是 |
[22:35] | There’s just something about the ceremony of it all, | 只是那些传统啊 古老的仪式啊 |
[22:37] | the ancient rituals, it just feels…icky. | 让人感觉 挺讨厌的 |
[22:40] | Ancient rituals? | 古老的仪式 |
[22:42] | We’re talking about you getting married, not sacrificing a goat. | 我们说的是你结婚的事 又不是献祭山羊 |
[22:45] | I worry we’d only be doing it because we’re supposed to. | 我担心这么做只是因为我们觉得应该这样 |
[22:48] | In Brooklyn, my path was laid out for me. | 在布鲁克林 我未来的道路就已经铺好了 |
[22:53] | Study the Talmud, get married, have kids. | 学习犹太法典 结婚生子 |
[22:56] | I didn’t really have a choice. | 我没有选择 |
[22:59] | What if this is the same thing? | 但如果这也是一样呢 |
[23:01] | Do you love Jerome? | 你爱杰罗姆吗 |
[23:03] | Absolutely. – Then you do have a choice. | -当然啊 -那你就有选择啊 |
[23:06] | You can make a life with the man you love | 你可以跟你爱的人一起生活 |
[23:08] | or find another path without him. | 或者另走一条人生路 不带他 |
[23:18] | Bariatric surgery is conducted hundreds of thousands | 在美国的医院里 |
[23:21] | of times a year in United States hospitals. | 减肥手术每年要进行数十万次 |
[23:23] | But what Ms Lukaitis talked about, | 但是卢凯提斯女士说的 |
[23:25] | the bleeding, the clots- | 出血啊 血栓啊 |
[23:27] | Serious complications are very rare. | 严重的并发症很少发生 |
[23:29] | How rare? | 很少是多少 |
[23:31] | Based on my surgical record, | 根据我的手术记录 |
[23:33] | site infection rate is less than 1. 5%, | 部位感染率低于1.5% |
[23:35] | and I would identify it early and treat it well. | 而且就算有我也会及早发现并且妥善治疗 |
[23:38] | Excess bleeding is less than 1%, | 失血过多的概率不到1% |
[23:40] | and death is 1/20th of that. | 死亡的概率是它的1/20 |
[23:43] | What do you think, Mom? | 你怎么想 妈 |
[23:50] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[23:51] | I don’t want her to be ashamed | 我不想让她觉得丢脸 |
[23:55] | Last year. | 去年 |
[23:57] | she was suicidal because of: the teasing and the bullying. | 因为收到戏弄和霸凌 她有自杀倾向 |
[24:02] | And I was too, when I was her age. | 我像她这么大时也经历过 |
[24:05] | We got counseling | 我们接受了心理咨询 |
[24:06] | and were really in a place where she Ioved herself, | 她现在很爱自己 |
[24:10] | and I don’t want you to lose that | 我不想让你失去这种感觉 |
[24:15] | I was diagnosed with ASD when I was five years old. | 我亏岁的时候被诊断为自闭症 |
[24:18] | That’s not relevant. And I told you not | 那事与这无关 而且我跟你说过不要 |
[24:20] | Shaun, I think they want to hear what Charlie has to say. | 肖恩 我觉得他们想听听查莉要说的话 |
[24:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:32] | My brain… | 我的大脑 |
[24:33] | it doesn’t process emotional signals | 它不像其他人的大脑那样 |
[24:36] | like other people’s brains | 处理情绪信号 |
[24:37] | Same with Lucy’s brain with hunger. | 就象露西大脑处理饥饿信号一样 |
[24:41] | My parents wanted what was best for me, | 我父母想给我最好的 |
[24:43] | but my mom, she didn’t want me to feel different. | 但我妈妈 她不想让我感觉跟普通人不一样 |
[24:45] | So she was against me having an in- school aid. | 所以她反对我申请校内援助 |
[24:48] | Thought it would stigmatize me, but my dad convinced her. | 我以为这会让我丢脸 但我爸说服了她 |
[24:51] | They found a great aid | 他们给我找了一个很好的援助人员 |
[24:53] | that helped me learn to navigate the world, | 帮助我学习如何在这世界上生活 |
[24:57] | This surgery won’t stigmatize your daughter. | 这个手术不会让你女儿蒙羞 |
[25:00] | It will give her what she needs to thrive. | 而是会让她茁壮成长 |
[25:04] | Everyone needs help sometimes. | 有时候每个人都需要帮助 |
[25:06] | Let Dr Murphy help you. | 让墨菲医生帮你吧 |
[25:14] | Mom, please. | 妈 拜托了 |
[25:25] | Good job. | 干的漂亮 |
[25:31] | After radical debulking, | 根治性切除后 |
[25:32] | I don’t see any obvious gross tumor. | 我没有看到任何明显的巨大肿瘤 |
[25:35] | Assessing abdominal organs and spleen. | 评估腹部器官和脾脏 |
[25:40] | There are sub- centimeter lesions on her liver. | 她的肝脏上有亚厘米级别病变 |
[25:42] | There are sub- centimeter lesions on her liver. | 她的肝脏上有亚厘米级别病变 |
[25:43] | Infiltrative hepatic metastasis. | 渗透性肝癌转移 |
[25:48] | Check her diaphragm. | 检查下隔膜 |
[25:56] | It’s everywhere. | 到处都是 |
[25:57] | She probably only has a couple months, if that. | 这样的话 她可能只有几个月的时间了 |
[26:02] | Let’s close. | 缝合吧 |
[26:08] | What exactly is your motivation here? | 你的动机是什么 |
[26:10] | Are you trying to piss me off? | 就是想气我吗 |
[26:12] | Mark your territory? | 标记领地 |
[26:14] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[26:15] | You, dating my mom. | 你跟我妈约会的事 |
[26:17] | You think this is about you? | 你觉得这是在针对你 |
[26:19] | It’s crossed my mind. | 是这么想过 |
[26:21] | Are you out of your mind? | 你没事吧 |
[26:23] | Oh, come on. What do you have in common with her? | 行了吧 你跟她能有什么共同点 |
[26:25] | My mom’s… | 我妈她 |
[26:27] | She’s, uh | 她 |
[26:29] | Yes? | 怎么 |
[26:30] | Dull. | 没劲 |
[26:32] | My mom’s dull. No, she’s not. | -我妈沉闷无聊 -并不是 |
[26:36] | She’s a great person, a loving mother. | 她是个很好的人 一个有爱心的母亲 |
[26:40] | But she was a homemaker. | 但她就是个家庭主妇 |
[26:42] | Not exactly the world’s most interesting woman. | 可不是世界上最有趣的女人 |
[26:45] | Let me tell you something about your mom. | 还是让我来告诉你她是个什么样的人吧 |
[26:48] | She learned Spanish so she could read Don Quixote | 她学西班牙语是为了能读原版的《堂吉诃德》 |
[26:51] | in the original. Who does that? | 谁会做这种事 |
[26:53] | She’s seen every movie in the Criterion Collection. | 她看过《准则收藏电影目录》里面的所有电影 |
[26:56] | That’s five stars right there. | 都是五星的 |
[26:57] | She buys The New York Times in paper form | 她买《纽约时报》的纸质版 |
[27:00] | so she can do the crossword, | 这样她就可以做填字游戏了 |
[27:01] | which she does through Saturday. | 她从周一到周六都在做填字游戏 |
[27:03] | I don’t even get past Wednesday. | 我觉得我都挺不过周三 |
[27:07] | She does? – Yes, she does. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[27:10] | Maybe you should get to know your mom a little bit better. | 也许你应该多了解你妈一点点 |
[27:12] | I certainly will. | 我会的 |
[27:14] | Thrilled for you two. | 真为你们俩高兴 |
[27:16] | Plus, the sex is amazing. | 再说了 跟她滚床单也很美好 |
[27:27] | I want to marry you. | 我想跟你结婚 |
[27:32] | It won’t be a Jewish wedding, but… | 不能举行犹太婚礼了 但是 |
[27:36] | der mentsh trakht un got lakht. | 谋事在人 成事在天 |
[27:42] | “Man plans, God laughs. “ | 谋事在人 成事在天 |
[27:49] | But if a Beit Din, | 但如果有拉比法庭 |
[27:52] | a council of three rabbis, approves your conversion, | 一个由三位拉比组成的委员会 批准了你的皈依 |
[27:56] | then there are only a couple steps left. | 那就只剩下几步了 |
[27:58] | The big one being a ritual bath. | 最大的就是受洗仪式 |
[28:05] | You can have a Jewish wedding here. | 你们可以在这举行犹太婚礼 |
[28:09] | I’ll set it all up for you. | 我帮你们安排 |
[28:13] | I was raised Hasidic. | 我在信奉犹太教的哈西德派家庭长大 |
[28:20] | You’ve done this with strength. | 你真有勇气 |
[28:22] | You will be blessed. | 我祝你们 |
[28:42] | I’m sorry. I just can’t take this anymore. | 抱歉 我真的受不了了 |
[28:44] | No. No. I have to rock him to sleep. | -不 不 -我要去摇着他睡觉 |
[28:46] | No, that is the worst thing we could do. | 不 那是最糟糕的了 |
[28:49] | It will teach Steve that if he cries for ten minutes, | 这会让史蒂夫觉得如果他哭了10分钟 |
[28:51] | he will get rewarded with a hug from Mom. | 他就能得到妈妈的拥抱 |
[28:53] | Steve isn’t a test subject. | 史蒂夫不是个实验项目 |
[28:55] | He’s our baby, and we need to be flexible with him. | 他是我们的宝宝 我们需要灵活一点 |
[28:59] | He will be fine. | 他不会有事的 |
[29:02] | I’m not sure I will be fine. | 我不知道我是不是能没事 |
[29:03] | This is so hard. | 这太难了 |
[29:05] | And you have surgery tomorrow. | 而且你明天还要做手术 |
[29:07] | Don’t you need your sleep? | 你不需要睡觉吗 |
[29:09] | We should focus on how much better it will be | 我们应该专注于这样处理的话 |
[29:13] | for all three of us in a few weeks. | 几周之后对我们三个来说都会更好 |
[29:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:27] | Thank you for doing this, Rabbi Benjamin. | 谢谢你帮忙 本杰明拉比 |
[29:30] | I’ve adored Scott and Ronit since I met them last year. | 自从我去年认识斯科特和罗尼特起就一直很喜欢他们 |
[29:32] | I’d do anything for them. | 需要我做什么都可以 |
[29:35] | Now, time for some Jewish math. | 现在 该来做一些犹太人的数学了 |
[29:38] | 300 gallons is about 150 se’ah. | 300加仑等于大概150习亚 |
[29:42] | We need 40 se’ah of natural water | 我们需要40习亚的天然水 |
[29:45] | and a wall between the natural water and tap water. | 以及用一堵墙隔开天然水和自来水 |
[29:48] | And we aren’t getting rainwater in here, | 而且这里没有雨水 |
[29:51] | but Rav Kook and the Ben Ish Chai | 亚伯拉罕·艾萨克·库克和本·伊什·柴 |
[29:54] | wrote that we can use ice, | 写过 我们可以用冰 |
[29:56] | so we’re going to need a lot. | 所以我们需要很多冰 |
[29:57] | We have a giant ice maker on every floor. | 我们每层楼都有个很大的制冰机 |
[30:03] | Where do you go to shul, Asher? | 你平时都去哪家犹太教堂 亚设 |
[30:06] | Uh, I don’t. | 我不去的 |
[30:10] | Or, you know, not since I came out. | 自从我出柜之后 |
[30:13] | You can’t be gay and Jewish? | 男同不能信犹太教吗 |
[30:15] | Well, aside from the explicit prohibitions in Vayikra 18 and 20, | 利未记18和120都明确禁止了 |
[30:19] | there’s the Noahide laws | 还有挪亚律法 |
[30:21] | and the sin of Sodom, as explained in Sanhedrin. | 还有犹太人议会所解释的鸡奸罪 |
[30:23] | You should brush up on Sanhedrin. | 你需要重新了解一下犹太人议会了 |
[30:25] | According to the Midrash, | 根据米德拉什 |
[30:26] | the sin of Sodom was cruelty toward strangers, not homosexuality. | 鸡奸罪指的是强迫他人 而不是同性恋 |
[30:31] | Is an Orthodox rabbi telling me | 你这位正统犹太拉比是在告诉我说 |
[30:32] | that the real sodomites are the homophobes? | 真正鸡奸的是恐同的那些人吗 |
[30:35] | If the Midrash fits | 米德拉什里是这么解释的 |
[30:37] | You are a Jew, Asher. Whether you want to be or not. | 你就是犹太人 亚设 不管你想不想做一个犹太人 |
[30:39] | Anti- Semites don’t give you a pass | 反犹的人并不会因为 |
[30:42] | because you have no mezuzah on your door, | 你家门上没有安家符就放过你 |
[30:44] | so might as well get something positive out of it. | 所以还不如从中找到一些积极的东西呢 |
[30:46] | Respectfully, Rabbi, I have everything I need in my life. | 无意冒犯 拉比 我已经拥有了我需要的一切了 |
[30:48] | 5, 000 years of tradition, | 5000年的传统 |
[30:50] | and you can’t find anything of value? | 你就找不到一点有用的吗 |
[30:52] | The Torah isn’t all or nothing. | 教谕并不是绝对的 |
[30:54] | Try lighting some candles on a Friday night. | 你可以试试在周五晚上点几根蜡烛 |
[30:57] | Take a little break on a Saturday. | 周六休息一下 |
[30:59] | Put some spare change in the Tzedakah box for the poor. | 在施舍盒里给穷人放点小钱 |
[31:00] | Read Rambam | 读读摩西·本·迈蒙尼德的书 |
[31:02] | or Philip Roth. | 菲利普·罗斯也可以 |
[31:07] | I do love bagels. | 我确实挺喜欢百吉饼的 |
[31:09] | They’re super carby, | 碳水超高 |
[31:10] | but I can always scoop out the middle, right? | 但我可以把中间的去掉 对吧 |
[31:12] | Heresy. And yet, a start. | 离经叛道 但也算是个开始 |
[31:19] | Now let’s make a mikveh. | 现在 我们来做个净身池吧 |
[31:35] | ♪ You save my life ♪ | 你救了我一命 |
[31:43] | ♪ You take the pain away…♪ | 你带走了痛苦 |
[32:11] | ♪ You bring me’round ♪ | 在我低落时 |
[32:18] | ♪When I’m down ♪ | 你让我回心转意 |
[32:25] | ♪ You take my ♪ | 你夺走了 |
[32:29] | ♪ Breath away…♪ | 我的呼吸 |
[32:43] | ♪ You make me feel ♪ | 你让我感觉 |
[32:50] | ♪ Alive ♪ | 我还活着 |
[32:52] | 1 2 ♪ One, two ♪ | |
[32:55] | 1 2 3 4 ♪ One, two, three, four ♪ | |
[33:04] | ♪You make me feel ♪ | 你让我感觉 |
[33:11] | ♪ Alive ♪ | 我还活着 |
[33:14] | Placing the final staples. | 正在打最后的钉子 |
[33:17] | Okay. Removing the amputated stomach. | 好 移开切除下的胃部 |
[33:21] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[33:23] | I got less than the optimal amount of sleep last night, | 昨晚我没睡够 |
[33:26] | but I am fine to operate. | 但我可以做手术 |
[33:28] | Partial stomach is removed. | 胃部部分切除 |
[33:34] | Heart rate’s 115. BP is 146 over 93. | 心率115 血压高压146 低压93 |
[33:37] | Splenic infarct? | 脾梗死吗 |
[33:39] | No, it is baseline color and well perfused. | 不 脾脏的颜色和灌注状态都正常 |
[33:41] | It could be an intestinal- No, it couldn’t. | -可能是肠道的 -不 不可能 |
[33:43] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[33:45] | Charlie, we don’t have time to answer your questions right now, okay? | 查莉 我们现在没时间回答问题 好吗 |
[33:47] | That makes sense. | 有道理 |
[33:53] | Submerge the remaining stomach in saline. | 把剩余的胃浸到盐水里 |
[33:55] | Shoot air in from the endoscope. | 用内窥镜注入空气 |
[33:57] | That will tell us what the problem is. | 这样就能知道问题出在哪里了 |
[34:03] | It’s a leak. | 是漏了 |
[34:04] | We need to reinforce our staple line with sutures and- – | 我们需要用缝线来加固钉合线 |
[34:08] | Heart rate 128. BP 170. | 心率128 血压170 |
[34:09] | 4- 0 Vicryls, fibrin glue. | 4-0缝线 纤维蛋白胶 |
[34:12] | Get the 4- 0 s from the suture cart. | 从缝合车上把4-0缝线拿来 |
[34:14] | Why aren’t they on the back table? | 缝线为什么不在后桌上 |
[34:16] | I read in The Journal for Bariatric Surgery | 我在减重手术期刊上看到说 |
[34:17] | that they were rarely used, so- – | 很少用到这种线 所以 |
[34:19] | You should have asked an attending. | 你应该提前问过主治医生的 |
[34:20] | I know she can be quite unrelenting, | 我知道她挺倔的 |
[34:22] | but you should not make changes | 但你不应该根据一个医学生的指示 |
[34:23] | based on the instructions of a medical stydent. | 就做出改变 |
[34:25] | Starting sutures. It’s not her fault or mine. | -开始缝合 -这不是她的错 也不是我的错 |
[34:27] | You have the stitches now, so- – | 现在缝线已经给你了 所以 |
[34:29] | I am trying to concentrate. | 我现在需要专注 |
[34:31] | Suturing. I need to explain myself! | -开始缝合 -我需要解释清楚 |
[34:32] | Stop talking. You’re distracting me. | 闭嘴 你在让我分心 |
[34:34] | I wanted to impress you. It’s a top journal- – | 我是想让你刮目相看 那是顶级期刊 |
[34:36] | Get out of the ORI | 离开手术室 |
[34:41] | Get out right now. | 立刻出去 |
[34:50] | Goggles. | 护目镜 |
[34:59] | No more anastomotic leak. | 没有吻合口瘘了 |
[35:02] | Let’s close. | 缝合吧 |
[35:11] | Lucy, we’ll keep you here for a couple of days, | 露西 我们会留你在这里观察几天 |
[35:13] | and then you’ll be good to go home. | 然后你就可以回家了 |
[35:15] | When will I start to lose weight? | 我什么时候会开始瘦下来呢 |
[35:17] | You can expect to lose five to fifteen pounds per week | 在接下来几个月内 你每周应该会瘦 |
[35:20] | over the next few months. | 大概5到15磅 |
[35:35] | You look nice. | 你状态不错 |
[35:36] | Going out? | 要出去玩吗 |
[35:38] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[35:42] | I could tell that you were uncomfortable | 我看得出来 在我看到你和亚伦在一起的时候 |
[35:44] | when I saw you with Aaron. | 你很不自在 |
[35:46] | And I think I knew you were uncomfortable even before then. | 而且我觉得你在这之前就已经很不自在了 |
[35:50] | But Ijust was having so much fun, I | 但我玩得太开心了 我 |
[35:55] | It was unfair of me. | 我那么做是不公平的 |
[35:56] | And I think that maybe I should just- – – Mom. | -或许我应该 -妈 |
[36:00] | It was unfair of me. | 是我做的不公平才对 |
[36:02] | Go have fun. | 你去好好玩 |
[36:04] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[36:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:10] | Thank you, honey. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[36:18] | Why didn’t you ever tell me about learning Spanish | 你为什么没有告诉过我 你在学西班牙语 |
[36:22] | or salsa dancing or anything? | 还有萨尔萨舞这些事情呢 |
[36:27] | You never asked. | 你从来没问过 |
[36:30] | I guess I never thought there was much to hear. | 可能我一直以为你没什么好说的 |
[36:39] | You and Dad. | 你和爸 |
[36:41] | He always seemed so in charge, | 我总是觉得是他在掌控一切 |
[36:44] | and you just… | 而你就 |
[36:47] | went along. | 只是在听他的 |
[36:52] | I’m sure it did seem that way, | 我相信在你看来肯定是那样没错 |
[36:55] | because I knew it was important to him. | 因为我知道那对他来说很重要 |
[36:56] | He was old school. | 他很传统 |
[36:59] | But at its heart | 但是本质上 |
[37:01] | it was a partnership. | 我们还是搭档关系 |
[37:05] | I didn’t know. | 我都不知道 |
[37:08] | You have always been so ambitious, driven. | 你一直都那么有野心 有动力 |
[37:13] | Is that because you didn’t want to be someone who just… | 那是因为你不想做一个 |
[37:18] | went along? | 单纯听话的人吗 |
[37:21] | Maybe. | 有可能吧 |
[37:26] | Is that why you and Clay broke up? | 所以你和克雷才分手了吗 |
[37:29] | He hasn’t called since I’ve been here. | 我来之后他就没打过电话来 |
[37:32] | None of his clothes are in the closet. | 衣柜里也没有他的衣服 |
[37:40] | He wanted to get married. | 他想结婚 |
[37:44] | And I wasn’t sure. | 但我不确定 |
[37:47] | So I did my usual. | 所以我就采取了老办法 |
[37:49] | I just avoided him and I focused on work. | 我就躲着他 投入在工作上 |
[37:54] | And he took the job in Chicago. | 然后他就接了那份芝加哥的工作 |
[37:58] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很遗憾 |
[38:06] | I love my job. | 我爱我的工作 |
[38:09] | I like who I am. | 我也喜欢现在的自己 |
[38:11] | I don’t need to get married again. | 我不需要再结婚 |
[38:15] | But I don’t always like being alone. | 但我也不总是喜欢独自一人 |
[38:23] | I am always here for you. | 我会永远在你身边 |
[38:46] | Charlie Lukaitis won’t listen to me. | 查莉·卢凯蒂斯不听我的话 |
[38:48] | She is putting patients at risk. | 她让患者面临危险 |
[38:52] | She should finish her rotation at another hospital. | 她应该去另一家医院完成实习 |
[38:55] | I cannot work with her anymore. | 我无法继续跟她合作了 |
[39:00] | Well, apparently she can’t work with you, either. | 显然她也无法继续和你合作了 |
[39:06] | She filed a complaint against you. | 她投诉了你 |
[39:22] | Thanks for the ride. | 谢谢你送我 |
[39:24] | I really enjoyed our conversation today. | 今天我真的和你聊得很开心 |
[39:26] | Yeah. Me too. | 是啊 我也是 |
[39:29] | Asher, when was the last time you wrapped tefillin? | 亚设 你上一次戴经文护符匣是什么时候 |
[39:35] | Maybe another time. | 下次吧 |
[39:37] | Sorry, I just have an important dinner to get to with my boyfriend. | 抱歉 我得跟我男朋友一起去吃晚餐了 这很重要 |
[39:40] | I think he’s going to pop the question. | 我觉得他要提那个问题了 |
[39:43] | And if he doesn’t, I will. | 如果他不提 那就我来提 |
[39:46] | Mazel tov. | 恭喜啊 |
[39:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:50] | Until next time. Yeah. | -那就下次见 -好 |
[40:09] | Hey! What are you doing? Get out of here, man! | 你干什么 滚出去 |
[40:16] | You’re desecrating a house of worship. | 你这是在亵渎礼拜堂 |
[40:17] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[40:19] | I’ve asked them to leave. | 我已经请他们离开了 |
[40:26] | Go. | 请你们离开 |
[40:27] | Go, and there won’t be a problem. | 你们现在走 就不会有事 |
[40:30] | What do you care? | 关你什么事 |
[40:31] | He’s a Jew too. | 他也是犹太人 |
[40:36] | Yeah, I am a Jew. | 是的 我是犹太人 |
[40:38] | A gay one, in fact. | 而且还是男同 |
[40:39] | And I’m calling the cops. | 我报警了 |
[40:43] | Go! | 走啊 |
[40:52] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[40:53] | Yeah. I’ll call our security. | 没事 我去叫保安 |
[40:56] | Are you sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[41:00] | Now go get engaged. | 你赶紧订婚去吧 |
[41:16] | ♪` And who by fire ♪ | 谁燃于火 |
[41:20] | ♪ Who by water ♪ | 谁溺于水 |
[41:24] | ♪ Who in the sunshine ♪ | 谁沐浴在阳光下 |
[41:27] | ♪Who in the nighttime ♪ | 又是谁在夜晚 |
[41:30] | ♪ Who in your merry Merry month of May ♪ | 谁正生活在快乐明媚的五月 |
[41:33] | ♪Who by very slow decay ♪ | 又是谁正慢慢腐烂 |
[41:35] | ♪`And who shall I say ♪ | 这些低语 |
[41:41] | ♪ Is calling? ♪ | 是谁正在呼唤 |
[41:48] | ♪And who by brave assent ♪ | 谁入天堂时是勇敢迎上 |
[41:52] | ♪Who by accident ♪ | 谁又只是意外辞别 |
[41:55] | ♪ Who in solitude…♪ | 谁走得如此孤寂 |
[41:58] | ♪Whb in this mirror ♪ | 谁却在明镜里自毁 |
[42:01] | ♪Who by his lady’s command ♪ | 谁死于爱人控制 |
[42:04] | ♪ Who by his own hand♪ | 谁又死在自己手中 |
[42:07] | ♪` Who in mortal chains…♪ | 谁禁锢于致死枷锁 |
[42:10] | ♪ Who in power ♪ | 谁却在权力中丧生 |
[42:13] | ♪And who shall I say…♪ | 这些低语 |
[42:19] | ♪ Is calling? ♪ | 是谁正在呼唤 |