时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | You should know why you’re about to die. | 你应该知道你为什么要死了 |
[00:15] | God has abandoned you. | 上帝已经放弃你了 |
[00:19] | The God who claims to love you, | 那个声称爱你的上帝 |
[00:22] | who demands your praise, | 那个要求你赞美的上帝 |
[00:24] | has given you up to be destroyed. | 已经放任你被毁灭 |
[00:28] | Bad luck. | 只能算你倒霉 |
[00:31] | Shall we begin? | 我们可以开始了吗 |
[00:42] | Stay your hand, Demon! | 住手 恶魔 |
[00:44] | Despised tool of Satan, | 你不过是撒旦卑鄙的工具 |
[00:46] | in the name of Almighty God! | 以万能的上帝的名义 |
[00:48] | Avaunt! | 走开吧 |
[00:55] | It’s you. Dear me. | 是你啊 我的天 |
[00:58] | Haven’t seen you since… | 咱们上次见面还是在 |
[01:01] | – the flood? – Ah, yeah. | -大洪水那时候 -是的 |
[01:04] | Well, sorry about this. | 刚才抱歉了 |
[01:06] | No, of course. | 不 没关系 |
[01:12] | Oh God. Where was I? | 老天 我刚说到哪了 |
[01:14] | – “Avaunt”. – Yes, yes. | -“走开” -对对 |
[01:16] | Avaunt, foul demon! | 走开吧 肮脏的恶魔 |
[01:19] | In the name of the Almighty, I command thee, begone! | 以全能者的名义 我命令你离开 |
[01:24] | No. | 不 |
[01:26] | No? | 不 |
[01:28] | No, thank you. See, I have a permit. | 不了 谢谢 我有许可 |
[01:30] | A permit? From whom? | 许可 谁的许可 |
[01:34] | From God. | 上帝的 |
[01:37] | You see, it’s not that I mind jokes. | 我倒不介意你开玩笑 |
[01:39] | Oh no, no, no, no, no. No, no jokes. | 不不不不不 不 不是玩笑 |
[01:41] | – These goats belong to Job, right? – Yes, Job. | -这些羊是约伯的 对吗 -是的 约伯 |
[01:45] | Who is, I might add, a particular favorite of God, so… | 我得提醒你 他是上帝的心头肉 所以 |
[01:58] | Shall I summarize? | 要我总结一下吗 |
[02:00] | Satan and his diabolical ministers | 撒旦和他的恶魔使臣们 |
[02:03] | may destroy everything Job owns, no questions asked. | 可以摧毁约伯拥有的一切 不容置疑 |
[02:06] | Hugs and kisses, God. | 亲亲抱抱 上帝 |
[02:07] | No! | 不是吧 |
[02:08] | This can’t be real! | 这不可能是真的 |
[02:11] | Job is a… good and… righteous man. | 约伯是个 友善 且正直的人 |
[02:14] | I mean, he really is an absolute poppet. | 我是说 他确实是个百分百的小甜心 |
[02:21] | Well, I am a demon. Maybe I’m lying. | 我是个恶魔 我可能在撒谎 |
[02:26] | Tell you what, let’s find out. | 这样吧 一试就知道 |
[02:38] | Seems legit to me! | 似乎没犯天条哦 |
[02:44] | So, sealed by our marks of hand and hoof. | 所以 由我们的手足之印加封 |
[02:48] | Amen! | 阿门 |
[02:50] | Yep, that’s all fine! | 是的 完全没问题 |
[02:52] | Good heavens. | 老天啊 |
[02:54] | – What did he do? – Job? Nothing. | -他做了什么 -约伯吗 什么都没做 |
[02:58] | Job’s the nicest man in the world. | 约伯是世界上最好的人 |
[03:00] | That’s why he’s so perfect for the bet. | 所以他很适合用来打赌 |
[03:04] | – The bet? – Yep. | -打赌 -是的 |
[03:06] | You see, God was saying how righteous Job was | 你看 上帝在说约伯有多么正直 |
[03:09] | and how much Job loved God. | 约伯有多么爱上帝 |
[03:10] | – And Satan pointed out– – Sorry, so Satan? | -然后撒旦指出 -抱歉 所以撒旦 |
[03:13] | Mm-hmm, that maybe that was just | 撒旦指出那可能只是 |
[03:15] | ’cause God’s been so nice to him. | 因为上帝对他太好了 |
[03:17] | Anyway, long story short, | 总之 长话短说 |
[03:19] | God’s letting Satan destroy everything Job has. | 上帝准许撒旦摧毁约伯拥有的一切 |
[03:21] | And then we’ll see. | 这样我们就会知晓了 |
[03:24] | – So just his worldly goods. – Exactly. | -所以只摧毁他尘世间的东西 -正是 |
[03:27] | Oh, nothing important, no. | 不是什么重要的东西 不 |
[03:29] | Just his farm, his camels, his goat, | 只是他的农庄 他的骆驼 他的羊 |
[03:33] | – his oxen, his children, his geese– – His what? | -他的牛 他的孩子 他的鹅 -他的什么 |
[03:37] | His geese. You know, big cross ducks. | 他的鹅 你懂的 肥大的杂交鸭子 |
[03:41] | His children? | 他的孩子 |
[03:47] | Oh, I see. Well, oh well, that’s alright then. | 我明白了 好吧 那没事了 |
[03:51] | Of course it is. | 当然没事了 |
[03:52] | Trust in God’s plan, Aziraphale. Always. | 永远相信上帝的计划 亚茨拉斐尔 |
[03:55] | Of course, of course. | 当然 当然 |
[03:57] | So, once Job’s trials are over, | 所以 一旦约伯的审判结束 |
[04:00] | um, everything is restored to him? | 一切都会归还给他吗 |
[04:03] | Even better than that. | 甚至比那更好 |
[04:05] | God will reward him with twice as much as he had before. | 上帝会双倍奖励他曾拥有的一切 |
[04:09] | Oh, praise be. | 赞美上帝 |
[04:10] | Twice the oxen, twice the goats, twice the children. | 两倍的牛 两倍的羊 两倍的孩子 |
[04:13] | Twice the… twice the children? | 两倍的 两倍的孩子 |
[04:15] | Yes, of course. How many does he have now, three? | 是的 当然 他现在有几个 三个吗 |
[04:19] | – So, he’ll get six! – Uh, probably… seven. | -所以他会得到六个 -可能是七个 |
[04:22] | You know how God likes sevens. | 你知道上帝有多爱数字七 |
[04:24] | Right. Gosh, um… | 好吧 天啊 |
[04:27] | The only thing is, um… | 只是 |
[04:29] | Well… Sitis is 58. | 希提斯五十八岁了 |
[04:33] | I, I don’t know how familiar you are | 我 我不知道你对 |
[04:35] | with the um, the human… birth process. | 人类的生育过程有多熟悉 |
[04:39] | Pretty familiar actually, | 非常熟悉 |
[04:42] | seeing as how I personally witnessed the very first human birth. | 因为我亲自见证了第一位人类的诞生 |
[04:45] | Yes, yes of course. | 是的是的 当然 |
[04:47] | Although perhaps Eve’s birth | 虽然可能夏娃的诞生 |
[04:50] | wasn’t an entirely typical um… Anyway. | 并不完全是典型 总之 |
[04:54] | Um, I only meant, | 我只是想说 |
[04:56] | are we sure that Sitis wants to give birth four more times? | 我们确定希提斯想要再生产四次吗 |
[05:00] | Seven more times. | 是再来七次 |
[05:01] | But, well, she’s already got three children, so… | 但她已经有三个孩子了 所以 |
[05:03] | Yeah, but those ones will be dead. | 是的 但那几个会死掉 |
[05:06] | Keep up. | 跟上思路 |
[05:07] | We’re not bringing the old ones back? | 我们不会把原来的还回去吗 |
[05:10] | Well of course not! | 当然不会 |
[05:12] | But we’re giving them new ones. | 但我们会给他们新的 |
[05:15] | I think they quite like the old ones. | 我想他们非常喜欢原来的那几个 |
[05:19] | – And, and if… if we kill them. – Aziraphale… | -而且如果 如果我们杀了他们 -亚茨拉斐尔 |
[05:23] | we are the good guys. | 我们可是好人 |
[05:25] | Okay? We’re not killing anyone. | 懂吗 我们从不杀生 |
[05:26] | What we are doing is simply not stopping hell. | 我们只是没有阻止地狱的恶行而已 |
[05:32] | What they do is up to them. | 地狱的行为可不归我们管 |
[05:50] | What comes after K? | K后面是什么 |
[05:52] | Ah, you startled me. | 你吓到我了 |
[05:54] | – Is that good? – I just didn’t see you coming. | -我是不是很厉害 -我只是没看到你过来 |
[05:56] | Right. | 好吧 |
[05:57] | Perhaps you could make a noise when you move around. | 或许你走路时可以弄出点声音 |
[06:01] | – Yes. – After K is L. | -好的 -K后面是L |
[06:04] | But look, what exactly are you doing? | 但是你到底在干什么呢 |
[06:06] | Oh, I thought I’d make the books easier to find, | 我想把书摆得更好找一点 |
[06:09] | so I thought if I put them in alphabetical order. | 所以想把书按照字母顺序排列 |
[06:11] | Alphabetical… by author? | 按作者名的字母顺序吗 |
[06:16] | What’s “author”? | 什么是作者 |
[06:17] | No, I was shelving the books | 不是 我是按照每本书 |
[06:19] | by the first letter of the first sentence. | 第一句话的第一个字母排列的 |
[06:23] | But no-one would ever– Jolly good. Good idea. | 但是谁会…好极了 好主意啊 |
[06:24] | Thank you, Jim. Carry on. | 谢谢你吉姆 继续吧 |
[06:26] | And now I will make a noise when I move around. | 我之后走路时会弄出点声音的 |
[06:29] | Right. | 好的 |
[06:35] | Not that. | 不是这种声音 |
[06:40] | Or that. | 这也不行 |
[06:44] | ♪Every day It’s getting closer♪ | ♪每天 它都在靠近♪ |
[06:48] | ♪Going faster than a rollercoaster♪ | ♪比过山车还快♪ |
[06:53] | ♪A love like yours will surely come my way♪ | ♪你的爱意 即将进驻我心♪ |
[07:00] | What are you singing? | 你在唱什么 |
[07:02] | Am I singing? | 我在唱歌吗 |
[07:08] | I guess I was. | 那可能是吧 |
[07:10] | Perhaps I made it up. | 估计是我现编的吧 |
[07:13] | “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” | “这是最好的时代 也是最坏的时代” |
[07:16] | That goes under I. | 这本是I |
[07:40] | You’re in trouble. | 你有麻烦了 |
[07:41] | Obviously. | 这不明摆着吗 |
[07:43] | Former Demon, hated by Heaven, loathed by Hell. | 曾经的恶魔 为天堂所憎 为地狱所恶 |
[07:46] | How will our hero cope? | 故事的主角将何去何从 |
[07:48] | – Are you making fun of me? – Would you know if I was? | -你在笑话我吗 -就算是 你听得出来吗 |
[07:53] | Mind if I come in? | 我可以坐进去吗 |
[07:55] | – Gabriel has disappeared. – So I understand. | -加百列失踪了 -我听说了 |
[07:59] | I’ve spoke with Beelzebub, | 我跟别西卜谈过了 |
[08:01] | and we believe Aziraphale has something to do with it. | 我们都认为这事跟亚茨拉斐尔有关 |
[08:04] | Yeah, that sounds unlikely. | 不太可能吧 |
[08:07] | A miracle of enormous power happened last night. | 昨晚出现了一个能量巨大的奇迹 |
[08:09] | The kind of miracle only the mightiest of archangels could’ve performed. | 只有最强大的大天使才有能力施放 |
[08:17] | Somewhere very close to your friend’s bookshop. | 地点离你朋友的书店非常近哦 |
[08:20] | Are you telling me you don’t know what caused it? | 难道你要说你不知道是什么引起的吗 |
[08:22] | How’d you know I didn’t do it? | 你怎么知道不是我干的 |
[08:25] | Help us, and we will be grateful. | 帮助我们 我们必会感激你 |
[08:29] | And otherwise, | 否则 |
[08:31] | you’ll be disliked by Heaven, | 不仅天堂的黑名单上有你一份 |
[08:33] | hunted and eliminated by Hell. | 地狱也必然追杀你到灰飞烟灭 |
[08:40] | So you do understand I’m threatening you? | 你听懂了没有 我在威胁你 |
[10:07] | 第二章 线索 | |
[10:23] | Ah, Maggie! | 玛姬 |
[10:25] | You know music. | 你懂音乐 |
[10:27] | What can you tell me about a song that goes: | 这段旋律你听了能想到什么 |
[10:30] | ♪Every day It’s a getting stronger♪ | ♪每天 它都在变强♪ |
[10:35] | ♪A love like that will surely come my way♪ | ♪那种爱意 即将进驻我心♪ |
[10:42] | Oh. You’re crying. | 你哭了 |
[10:43] | I’m not. | 没有 |
[10:45] | Do you actually think you aren’t? Because I– | 你真觉得你没哭吗 我可是… |
[10:48] | Yes, I know I’m crying. It’s just a thing you say. | 我知道我在哭 但否认会显得体面些 |
[10:52] | Oh, yes. Of course. | 那好吧 |
[10:55] | Then may I ask why you… aren’t crying? | 那我能问问你为什么”没有”在哭吗 |
[11:00] | Well, I’m certainly not crying over her. | 我绝对不是为了她而哭 |
[11:06] | No, no. Naturally not. | 那当然不能是了 |
[11:08] | I mean, sure, | 可不嘛 |
[11:10] | it took me months to nerve myself up to even bring her an LP | 我花了几个月才鼓起勇气 送她一张唱片 |
[11:13] | and then absolutely, we got locked in the coffee shop last night | 然后我俩昨晚被锁在咖啡店里 |
[11:16] | and granted I then made a complete arse of myself, | 我让自己出了个大洋相 |
[11:19] | and she already has a partner! | 因为她已经有对象了 |
[11:21] | But apart from that, I’m pretty sure I’m in love. | 不考虑这因素 我确信 我恋爱了 |
[11:27] | But she hates me and… | 可是她讨厌我 而且 |
[11:30] | What am I gonna do? | 我要怎么办啊 |
[11:33] | Can I get back to you on that? | 这事我们可以一会儿再谈吗 |
[11:35] | I think right now I’m a bit out of miracles. | 我的奇迹现在有点断货了 |
[11:39] | Yeah. Don’t worry. I’ve got it. | 当然 别在意 我没事的 |
[11:42] | And you’re quite right, | 你说得很对 |
[11:43] | it’s not your job to sort out my doomed love life. | 你的工作又不是拯救我悲惨的爱情生活 |
[11:47] | The song is called “Everyday” by Buddy Holly and Norman Petty. | 你唱的是巴迪·霍利和诺曼·佩提的《每一天》 |
[11:50] | It was the B-side to the “Peggy Sue” single | 是单曲唱片《佩吉·苏》B面的歌 |
[11:52] | released on the Coral label in 1957. | 于1957年由珊瑚唱片公司发行 |
[11:56] | Jolly good. | 好极了 |
[11:57] | – Do you have a copy? – Too many of them. | -你这里有吗 -太多了 |
[12:02] | There’s a pub in Edinburgh. | 爱丁堡有一家酒吧 |
[12:04] | I send them singles for the jukebox, | 我会寄给他们自动点唱机可用的单曲唱片 |
[12:05] | and they send me back copies of Everyday. | 他们寄回来的全是《每一天》 |
[12:08] | They say every record they play | 他们说不管他们放什么唱片 |
[12:10] | eventually just turns into that song, | 最终都会变成这首歌 |
[12:12] | which is mad, but they’re Scottish, so… | 这可太扯了 不过他们是苏格兰人 也难怪 |
[12:15] | Here. | 给你 |
[12:18] | 盗尸者酒吧 爱丁堡山羊门66号 | |
[12:22] | Oh no. | 不好 |
[12:24] | – No, that’s not good at all. – What? | -大事不妙 -你说什么 |
[12:26] | – They’re here. Can’t you feel them? – Who’s here? | -他们来这了 难道你感觉不到 -谁来这了 |
[12:30] | And he’s there on his own! | 他还独自在店里 |
[12:45] | Ah. Well, well. | 哎呦 |
[12:46] | – Fancy meeting you here. – Aziraphale! | -没想到在这见到你们 -亚茨拉斐尔 |
[12:48] | I think you know why we’re here. | 我想你知道我们为何来这里 |
[12:50] | – We are looking– – Greetings! I’m Jim! | -我们来找… -你们好 我是吉姆 |
[12:53] | It’s short for James, but I don’t need to keep telling everyone that. | 是詹姆斯的简称 但我不需要整天给别人解释 |
[12:56] | I’m an assistant book seller. | 我是图书销售助理 |
[12:59] | Gabriel. | 加百列 |
[13:00] | – Where is Gabriel? – Gabriel? | -加百列在哪 -加百列 |
[13:03] | You know sometimes people call me Gabriel. | 有时候大家会叫我加百列 |
[13:06] | – Shall we discuss this inside? – Yes! | -我们进去谈好不好 -好 |
[13:12] | By all means. | 那还用说 |
[13:14] | Would you like to come in? | 诸位请进吧 |
[13:21] | Hooray! Let the book selling commence! | 太棒了 可以开始卖书了 |
[13:24] | Uh, Jim, leave these good people alone. | 吉姆 别去打扰这些善人 |
[13:27] | They, they don’t want any books. | 她们 她们可不想买书 |
[13:29] | Well, that’s because they haven’t tried them. | 那是因为她们没鉴赏过 |
[13:30] | Books are keen! Let me show you. | 书籍是很有魅力的 我来拿给你们看 |
[13:34] | Did you think we wouldn’t see the plume? | 你觉得我们会看不见羽烟吗 |
[13:37] | The… The plume? What plume? | 羽烟 什么羽烟 |
[13:39] | The huge plume of miraculous activity. | 奇迹出现时的羽烟 |
[13:42] | Last night. From this shop. | 昨晚 从这间书店发出的 |
[13:44] | Nearly 25 Lazarii. | 强度将近25拉撒路呢 |
[13:48] | Don’t tell me you did it? | 别跟我说是你干的 |
[13:50] | I, I suppose I, um… | 我… 我想… |
[13:53] | I might have done a miracle. | 我也许确实施放了个奇迹 |
[13:56] | And what was this miracle for, Aziraphale? | 这个奇迹是用来干什么的 亚茨拉斐尔 |
[13:58] | Something that powerful must have been important. | 这么大强度 事情一定很重要喽 |
[14:00] | These little bendy ones make a neato fan! | 这些软皮书可以用来当小扇子 |
[14:03] | It was, um… | 是为了… |
[14:05] | 盗尸者酒吧 爱丁堡山羊门66号 | |
[14:07] | Love! Yes! | 为了爱情 没错 |
[14:10] | Yes, um, you see, uh… | 没错 是这样… |
[14:12] | Maggie, who err, who owns the record shop | 唱片店老板玛姬 |
[14:17] | is in love. | 坠入情网了 |
[14:19] | It, it’s what humans do. | 人类就是这样的 |
[14:21] | Uh, with Nina, over the road. | 她爱上了街那边的妮娜 |
[14:24] | And, and Ni-Nina doesn’t love her back. | 而妮娜并没有爱上她 |
[14:28] | And, um, well, Maggie’s my tenant, | 而玛姬呢 是我的租客 |
[14:30] | so I, um… I did a big, big miracle… | 于是呢 我施放了一个超级大的奇迹… |
[14:36] | uh, to make it so that she and Nina, err… | 就是为了能让她和妮娜… |
[14:41] | fell in love. | 爱上彼此 |
[14:43] | – And did it work? – Oh… Yes! Yes. | -成功了吗 -成功了 成功了 |
[14:46] | It, it worked brilliantly, yes. | 非常成功 是的 |
[14:48] | Head over heels in love. | 她俩狠狠坠入了情网 |
[14:50] | So the miracle was nothing to do with Gabriel’s disappearance then? | 所以这个奇迹与加百列的失踪无关 |
[14:57] | Gabriel? | 加百列 |
[15:00] | Oh, you mentioned you’re looking for Gabriel. | 对 你们确实提过在找加百列 |
[15:04] | – Did we? – Yes. | -我们说了吗 -对 |
[15:08] | And see, the big ones can be used as fly swats. | 看到没 大部头的书可以用来当苍蝇拍使 |
[15:11] | I know what you’re thinking, but it’s okay, | 我知道你们在想什么 不过这没关系的 |
[15:13] | because the beauty part is, it never works. | 因为其可爱之处在于 它根本打不着 |
[15:20] | Don’t I… | 我是不是… |
[15:23] | Don’t I know you? | 我是不是认识你 |
[15:25] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[15:28] | You do. | 你认识 |
[15:31] | I’m the assistant bookseller. | 我是图书销售助理 |
[15:33] | I opened the door for you. | 是我给你开的门 |
[15:37] | I’ll send someone tomorrow morning to log and verify the miracle. | 我明天早上会派个人来对奇迹进行记录和核实 |
[15:41] | We’ll be keeping a very close eye on you, Aziraphale. | 我们会紧紧盯着你的 亚茨拉斐尔 |
[15:46] | That’s very, very professional of you. | 你们非常 非常专业 |
[15:50] | What… what about me? | 那… 那我呢 |
[15:51] | Uh, guys, shouldn’t you keep a close eye on me too? | 各位 难道你们不应该也紧紧盯着我吗 |
[15:57] | They seemed nice. | 她们看着人挺好 |
[16:04] | ♪Everyday it’s gettin’ closer♪ | ♪每天 它都在靠近♪ |
[16:08] | ♪Goin’ faster than a roller coaster♪ | ♪比过山车的速度还快♪ |
[16:11] | ♪A love like yours will surely come my way♪ | ♪你的爱意 即将进驻我心♪ |
[16:16] | 苏格兰人 每天 它都在靠近 | |
[16:19] | ♪Everyday, it’s a gettin’ faster♪ | ♪每天 它都变得更快♪ |
[16:22] | ♪Everyone says: go ahead and ask her♪ | ♪每个人都说 去找她吧♪ |
[16:26] | ♪ Love like yours will… ♪ | ♪你的爱意即将…♪ |
[16:34] | Oh, we’re going to the pub! | 我们居然来酒吧了 |
[16:37] | – You never go to the pub! – We’re in the pub now. | -你从不去酒吧的 -我们现在就在酒吧 |
[16:40] | What’s wrong with the coffee shop? | 咖啡厅有何不妥啊 |
[16:41] | Well, that is precisely the point. | 问题恰好就在这 |
[16:43] | Sherry for me please, a large one. | 请给我来杯雪莉酒 要大杯的 |
[16:52] | Large Talisker, please. | 请给我大杯泰斯卡威士忌 |
[16:54] | And a sherry for Lady Brackney. | 再给布莱克内女士一杯雪莉酒 |
[16:56] | Mr. Fell! | 斐尔先生 |
[16:59] | Oh… Hello? | 你好 |
[17:00] | Brown, from Brown’s World of Carpets. | 我是布朗 布朗地毯世界的布朗 |
[17:03] | We met at the Whickber Street Traders and Shopkeepers Association | 几年前我们在威克波街商贸协会的 |
[17:06] | annual meeting several years ago. | 年会上见过 |
[17:08] | – Of course. – You said back then | -当然了 -你当时说 |
[17:09] | that you’d be delighted to host one of our monthly get-togethers. | 你很乐意在你那主办一次我们的月度聚会 |
[17:13] | I did? | 是吗 |
[17:14] | Every time I would look into your shop, you’d be closed! | 每次我看向你的书店 你都关门了 |
[17:17] | If I was a superstitious man, I would have taken it personally! | 但凡我迷信 我都会以为我们有孽缘 |
[17:20] | – Indeed. – Yes. | -确实 -是啊 |
[17:21] | So, we all need to talk about the council’s proposed | 所以 我们都需要谈谈规划局提出的 |
[17:23] | rubbish collection times and the Winter Street Lights campaign. | 垃圾收集时间和冬日路灯活动 |
[17:26] | – Oh, I, I’m afraid that– – A sherry for you. | -我 我恐怕 -给你的雪莉酒 |
[17:29] | Whisky for me… Hello. | 给我的威士忌 你好 |
[17:31] | Oh, Mr. Fell has just been telling me | 斐尔先生一直在跟我说 |
[17:32] | how much he’s looking forward | 他有多么期待 |
[17:33] | to hosting our monthly street association get-together. | 主持我们街道协会的月度集会 |
[17:36] | – Ooh, you astonish me. – So, look, I’ll send over all the details, | -你惊到我了 -我会把细节都发给你 |
[17:39] | but Thursday night after closing. | 但要在周四晚上关门后 |
[17:44] | See? This is why I don’t go to the pub. | 看到了吧 这就是为什么我不爱来酒吧 |
[17:47] | It was your idea! | 明明是你说要来的 |
[17:49] | There’s something urgent I need to talk to you about. | 我要跟你说一件很紧急的事情 |
[17:51] | Yes, same here. Last night’s miracle. | 是的 我也有 昨晚的奇迹 |
[17:53] | Right. And we can’t talk about it in the café. | 好 我们没办法在咖啡店里聊 |
[17:55] | – Because? – It’s about the woman in the café! | -因为 -这事是关于咖啡店那个女人的 |
[17:58] | Her name’s Nina. | 她的名字叫妮娜 |
[17:59] | Maggie in the record shop has a… | 唱片店的玛姬对她 |
[18:02] | pash on her… | 有好感 |
[18:04] | and doesn’t know how to conduct a courtship. | 但不知道怎么去追求她 |
[18:06] | We’ve got a real problem and it’s in your bookshop right now! | 我们有个真正的麻烦 现在就在你的书店里 |
[18:09] | Same problem. | 是同一个麻烦 |
[18:11] | Our Gabriel miracle last night set off alarms in Heaven. | 昨晚我们的加百列奇迹触发了天堂的警报 |
[18:14] | They suspect something! | 他们起疑了 |
[18:17] | And so, I told them I’d made Nina and Maggie fall in love. | 所以我告诉他们我让妮娜和玛姬相爱了 |
[18:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:22] | – It was the first thing I could think of. – And they believed you? | -我当时只想到这个理由 -他们相信你吗 |
[18:25] | They’re sending someone to check. | 他们要派人来查 |
[18:26] | Great. Do a little miracle, wiggle your fingers about, | 很好 来个小奇迹 动动你的手指 |
[18:29] | Nina falls for Maggie, problem solved. | 妮娜爱上玛姬 问题解决了 |
[18:30] | Ah, miracles don’t work like that. | 奇迹不是那样运作的 |
[18:33] | So, what are you proposing? | 所以 你想说什么 |
[18:35] | We… fix it. | 我们得解决这个问题 |
[18:38] | Nina and Maggie fall in love. Heaven’s suspicions are allayed. | 妮娜和玛姬相爱 天堂的怀疑解除 |
[18:44] | You mean like a sudden rainstorm | 你是说比如一场突如其来的暴雨 |
[18:47] | forces them together beneath a canopy? | 让她俩被迫待在同一个雨篷下 |
[18:50] | They look into each other’s eyes… | 她们看着彼此的眼睛 |
[18:52] | And realize they were made for each other? | 意识到她俩天造地设 |
[18:55] | – Sounds a bit unlikely. – No, no, no. No. No. | -听起来不太可能 -不不不不不 |
[18:59] | Get humans wet and staring into each other’s eyes, | 让人类湿了身 再深情对望 |
[19:02] | vavoom, sorted. | 问题解决 |
[19:05] | I saw it in a Richard Curtis film. | 我在理查德·柯蒂斯的电影里看到过 |
[19:08] | If you’re going to invoke fiction, | 如果你想效仿虚构桥段 |
[19:11] | – you might as well do it properly. – Properly? | -你最好妥善行事 -妥善 |
[19:14] | – You remember Jane Austen? – Yeah. | -你记得简·奥斯汀吗 -记得 |
[19:16] | I’m not gonna forget her in a hurry, am I? | 我不会那么快就把她忘了对吧 |
[19:18] | The brains behind the 1810 Clerkenwell Diamond Robbery. | 1810年克勒肯维尔钻石抢劫案的幕后黑手 |
[19:21] | Brandy smuggler. Master spy. | 白兰地走私犯 间谍大师 |
[19:24] | What a piece of work. | 简直是天才 |
[19:26] | She wrote books. Novels. | 她是写书的 写小说 |
[19:29] | – Jane? Austen? – Yes! | -简·奥斯汀吗 -是的 |
[19:34] | Whoa, bit of a dark horse. Novels, eh? | 真看不出来 她还写小说啊 |
[19:36] | Yes. They were very good. | 是的 都是经典 |
[19:38] | Well. No, I’m just surprised, that’s all. | 不 我只是很惊讶 仅此而已 |
[19:41] | You think you know someone. | 我还以为我很了解她呢 |
[19:43] | – She had balls. – Well. | -她会举办舞会 -好吧 |
[19:45] | Cotillion balls. | 沙龙舞会 |
[19:47] | People would gather and do some formal dancing | 人们聚在一起跳一些交际舞 |
[19:50] | and then realize they had misunderstood each other | 然后意识到他们曾误解了彼此 |
[19:52] | and were actually deeply in love. | 而实际上他们深深相爱 |
[19:55] | – Now that sounds unlikely. – Works every time apparently. | -现在听起来不太可能了 -显然每次都会成功 |
[19:58] | And there’s something else, I’ll show you the record. | 还有别的东西 我给你看个唱片 |
[20:01] | I think it may be… a Clue. | 我想那可能是 一个线索 |
[20:03] | I’m lost. Am I doing a rainstorm? | 我迷惑了 我还要天降暴雨吗 |
[20:05] | Come on! I want to show you the Clue! | 走吧 我想给你看看那个线索 |
[20:13] | Whatever you’ve found out, don’t call it a “Clue”. | 不管你发现了什么 别称其为”线索” |
[20:15] | But it is a Clue. | 但那就是线索 |
[20:16] | Well, at least don’t pronounce the capital letter. | 至少别咬字这么奇怪 |
[20:18] | Gabriel was singing this morning, a song. | 加百列今早在唱一首歌 |
[20:20] | Wha… what? | 什 什么 |
[20:21] | Have you ever heard a song that goes, | 你有听过一首这样的歌吗 |
[20:23] | ♪Every day, it’s a getting closer?♪ | ♪每天 它都在靠近♪ |
[20:25] | – No. – Well, that’s what he was singing. | -没 -那就是他唱的 |
[20:27] | A human song. | 一首人类的歌 |
[20:28] | And there is an actual mystery associated with that song. | 而关于这首歌 有一个真实的谜团 |
[20:32] | And that is the Clue! Yeah. | 而那 就是线索 |
[20:35] | Not another word. | 别再说了 |
[20:45] | Jane Austen. Wrote books too. | 简·奥斯汀 竟然还写书 |
[20:49] | You people, I will never get the hang of you lot. | 你们人类啊 我永远无法理解你们 |
[20:52] | Ah, Jim. Now, tell me. What do you know? | 吉姆 现在告诉我 你知道什么 |
[20:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:58] | “Whaddayaknow.” | “你知道什么” |
[20:59] | No, I mean, what’s the first thing you remember? | 不 我是说 你记得的第一件事是什么 |
[21:03] | I remember a song I sang this morning. | 我记得今早我唱的一首歌 |
[21:06] | But where did you hear it? | 但你是在哪听到的 |
[21:08] | I heard it this morning. It came out of my mouth. | 我今早听到的 从我嘴里出来的 |
[21:12] | Oh, and I remember those three nice people that were in the shop just now. | 我还记得刚才来店里的三个好人 |
[21:15] | You do? | 你记得 |
[21:17] | Yes. They were in the shop, just now. | 是的 她们刚刚还在店里 |
[21:19] | Ah, you can do better than that. | 你再加把劲 |
[21:22] | Come on, think! | 快点 好好想想 |
[21:24] | Think hard! What is the very first thing you remember? | 仔细想想 你记得的第一件事是什么 |
[21:34] | I remember when the morning stars sang together, | 我记得那时晨星一同歌唱 |
[21:37] | and all the Angels of God shouted for joy. | 神的众子也都欢呼 |
[21:40] | Yes! Oh yes, yes! That’s right! | 对了对了 就是这个 |
[21:43] | – No… – Keep going! | -不 -继续说 |
[21:44] | – I can’t. – Yes, you can. | -我不能 -你可以的 |
[21:46] | I can’t! I can’t! | 我不能 我办不到 |
[21:48] | I can’t remember those things. | 我想不起来了 |
[21:49] | My, my head isn’t big enough. Not anymore. | 我的脑子不够用 大不如前了 |
[21:52] | Yes, I, I see. Um… | 好 我明白 |
[21:54] | I’m sorry Jim. | 抱歉 吉姆 |
[21:57] | But you’ve done awfully well. | 但你做得非常好 |
[21:59] | Have a rest now. | 现在 去休息吧 |
[22:12] | Your boss said that to Job, do you remember? | 你老板对约伯说过同样的话 你还记得吗 |
[22:17] | I most certainly do. | 我当然记得 |
[22:29] | 约伯书 约伯的谷仓被摧毁 | |
[22:38] | My children? | 我的孩子们 |
[22:41] | Are they around? Only I need them for a… thing. | 他们在吗 我找他们…有点事 |
[22:45] | I’m not sure. | 我不知道 |
[22:47] | Sitis will know. | 希提斯应该知道 |
[22:49] | Sorry, you’ve… you’ve come at rather a bad time. | 抱歉 你来得真不凑巧 |
[22:52] | Well, yeah, yeah, so I can see. What happened? | 是啊 我看得出来 出什么事了 |
[22:55] | God has forsaken me and delivered me to demons. | 上帝抛弃了我 将我送于恶魔之手 |
[23:00] | You must be furious? | 那你肯定气坏了吧 |
[23:01] | I burn with fury. | 我在怒火中煎熬 |
[23:03] | Course you do. | 那是肯定的 |
[23:05] | After all your devotion to God. | 毕竟你之前对上帝那么虔诚 |
[23:07] | Not at God! | 我的怒火不是对上帝 |
[23:09] | Fury at myself. | 是对我自己 |
[23:11] | Yourself? Why, what have you done? | 你自己 为什么 你干了什么 |
[23:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:14] | And how sunk in sin must I be not only to deserve all this, | 我的罪到底有多深 才会既经历诸般苦难 |
[23:17] | but not even to know why. | 又不知道缘由 |
[23:20] | What is it now? | 又怎么了 |
[23:22] | Ah, Sitis my dear. | 我亲爱的希提斯 |
[23:23] | This… person was looking for the children. | 这位在找咱们的孩子 |
[23:28] | Why? Who are you? | 为什么 你是谁 |
[23:29] | Just an old friend. Here to offer some comfort. | 老朋友罢了 来安慰安慰你们 |
[23:32] | What ‘old friend’? | 哪里的老朋友 |
[23:34] | You tell me. | 你觉得呢 |
[23:39] | Oh… Bildad the Shuhite? | 是…书亚人比勒达 |
[23:42] | Sure. So, the kids. | 是我 话说回来 你的孩子们 |
[23:44] | Where are they? | 他们在哪儿 |
[23:46] | Oh. Not now Bildad the Shuhite. | 真不凑巧 书亚人比勒达 |
[23:47] | Good of you to look in, but we’re a tiny bit busy | 谢谢你好心来探望 但我们实在没空 |
[23:49] | weathering the wrath of God. | 我们正在承受上帝的怒火 |
[23:51] | Well, yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:52] | I thought you could do with someone to check up on the kids. | 我觉得你该找个人去看看孩子们 |
[23:56] | No. | 不是吧 |
[23:57] | God wouldn’t! | 上帝不会这么做 |
[23:59] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[24:01] | But they’ve done nothing! They’re innocent! | 可他们什么都没做 他们是无辜的 |
[24:04] | So were the goats. | 羊也是无辜的啊 |
[24:22] | Nice gaff. | 房子不错 |
[24:24] | Shame… | 可惜了 |
[24:27] | Crowley! | 克劳利 |
[24:28] | You don’t have to destroy Job’s children. | 你无需毁灭约伯的儿女 |
[24:30] | Last time we met you seemed pretty confident | 上次见面你也是这么信誓旦旦 |
[24:32] | I couldn’t destroy Job’s goats. | 说我不能毁灭约伯的羊群 |
[24:35] | Yes. I was wrong. | 对 上次我错了 |
[24:37] | – Technically you can, but– – Oh, then technically I will. | -虽说你有这个本事… -有本事就要做啊 |
[24:40] | But you don’t have to! That’s the point. | 但你可以不做 这才是关键 |
[24:43] | Surely the great thing about being a demon | 当然 当恶魔的一大好处就是 |
[24:44] | is you can do whatever you want. | 你可以随心所欲 |
[24:46] | – Mm, you sound jealous, angel. – Certainly not. | -你不会羡慕我吧 天使 -才不是 |
[24:49] | I get to do what God wants. | 我可以奉行上帝的旨意 |
[24:51] | Like killing innocent children to win a bet with Satan? | 为了赢和撒旦的赌局 杀死无辜的孩子吗 |
[24:55] | I… I don’t think… | 我…我觉得 |
[24:58] | – that is what God wants. – Well… | -那不是上帝的本意 -是嘛 |
[25:02] | And I don’t think you want it either. | 我觉得你也不想那么做 |
[25:05] | What do you know about what I want? | 你怎么会知道我的想法 |
[25:08] | – I know you. – You do not know me | -我了解你 -你不了解 |
[25:11] | I know the angel you were. | 我知道你做天使时的样子 |
[25:13] | The angel you knew is not me. | 你认识的天使已非如今的我 |
[25:16] | Then… Then you tell me that you want to do this. | 那你亲口说 你想作这恶行 |
[25:20] | You look me in the eye and tell me. | 看着我的眼睛 亲口说出来 |
[25:27] | I want to. | 我想作恶 |
[25:30] | I long to destroy the blameless children of blameless Job, | 我渴望毁灭无辜约伯的无辜儿女 |
[25:35] | just as I destroyed his blameless goats. | 正如我毁灭了他无辜的羊群 |
[25:47] | Then God forgive you. | 愿上帝宽恕你 |
[26:25] | Well? | 怎么说 |
[26:29] | – You can stop grinning. – I’m not grinning. | -你别傻笑了 -我没笑 |
[26:32] | Doesn’t mean we’re on the same side. | 这不意味着咱们俩统一战线了 |
[26:33] | No! No… | 当然不是了 |
[26:37] | Temporarily not on different sides. | 只是暂时不在敌对阵营罢了 |
[26:39] | Just as you say. | 你说是就是吧 |
[26:43] | Be not afraid! | 不要害怕 |
[26:46] | I am an angel of the Lord thy God. | 我是上帝派来的天使 |
[26:50] | Oh. Have you brought the wine Daddy prayed for? | 你有没有带来父亲祈祷的酒 |
[26:53] | – For the party? – Err, err… No. | -聚会要用的 -没有 |
[26:56] | I have no wine, child. | 我没有酒 孩子 |
[26:58] | – I bring– – Ennon! | -我带来… -恩农 |
[27:00] | – What is it? – The angels are here. | -怎么了 -天使们来了 |
[27:03] | Just not our usual ones. | 只是不是常来的那位 |
[27:05] | And they haven’t brought the wine. | 而且他们还没带酒来 |
[27:08] | Well them you’d better pop off and get it now, hadn’t you? | 那你们最好赶紧去拿酒来 不是吗 |
[27:17] | Ooh, he seems nice. | 他人挺好啊 |
[27:21] | I bring a warning! | 我带来一个警告 |
[27:23] | Satan has sent a demon to destroy you! | 撒旦派了恶魔来毁灭你们 |
[27:28] | – Tonight! – Don’t be silly. | -就在今晚 -别傻了 |
[27:30] | He wouldn’t dare. | 他才不敢 |
[27:32] | I’m sorry, Satan? | 抱歉 你说撒旦吗 |
[27:34] | – Satan wouldn’t dare? – Certainly not. | -撒旦不敢吗 -当然不敢 |
[27:36] | You see, I’m Keziah, daughter of Job. | 你看 我叫凯齐亚 是约伯的女儿 |
[27:38] | I’m Ennon, son of Job. | 我叫恩农 是约伯的儿子 |
[27:40] | And I’m Jemimah! I made this pot! | 我叫杰米玛 这个罐子是我做的 |
[27:43] | She did. | 是的 |
[27:44] | But also: daughter of Job. | 但她也是约伯的女儿 |
[27:46] | You know, the Job? | 知道吗 就是那个约伯 |
[27:48] | Literally God’s favorite human. | 上帝最喜爱的人类 |
[27:51] | Yes, I know who you are. | 是的 我知道你们是谁 |
[27:52] | – You’re a funny looking angel. – Aren’t I just? | -你这个天使长得挺奇怪 -可不是吗 |
[27:57] | Are you a demon? | 你是恶魔吗 |
[27:59] | Oh, she’s good. | 她可真厉害 |
[28:02] | Yes. He is in fact technically a demon. | 对 事实上 他是恶魔 |
[28:07] | Spot on. | 一点没错 |
[28:08] | Sent here to destroy you all! | 我奉命来杀掉你们 |
[28:13] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[28:16] | But… you said you wouldn’t. | 但你说过你不会 |
[28:17] | I’m a demon. I lied. | 我是恶魔 我撒谎了 |
[28:21] | Can’t you save us? | 你不能救救我们吗 |
[28:23] | I’m afraid not. He has a permit, you see. | 恐怕不行 他有上帝的许可 |
[28:27] | But… be not afraid. | 但别害怕 |
[28:30] | You’re perfectly safe. | 你们非常安全 |
[28:35] | Are you sure, Angel? | 你确定吗 天使 |
[28:37] | Yes. Quite sure. | 是的 非常确定 |
[28:52] | What happened? We’re in the cellar. | 怎么回事 我们在地窖 |
[28:55] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[28:56] | Wind, I assume. That’s what Satan really has planned. | 我猜”风”才是撒旦真正的计划 |
[29:00] | A mighty wind from the wilderness | 荒野吹来的狂风 |
[29:03] | to smite the mansion and bring it down upon them. | 将房子吹倒 砸在他们身上 |
[29:05] | Ooh, aren’t you brilliant? | 你可真是个大聪明 |
[29:08] | Actually I, I think getting us all in the cellar was very clever. | 事实上 我觉得带我们来地窖才非常聪明 |
[29:12] | Will someone please tell me… | 有人能告诉我… |
[29:14] | …what– | 到底… |
[29:20] | What have you done to him? | 你对他做了什么 |
[29:22] | This. | 这个 |
[29:31] | Can I be a blue one? | 我能变条蓝色的吗 |
[29:34] | It’s alright. You haven’t annoyed me yet. | 没事 你还没惹毛我 |
[29:37] | But can I be? | 但我可以吗 |
[29:40] | Oh. Sure. | 当然 |
[30:00] | Oh. They’ve started early. | 他们提前动手了 |
[30:07] | Might as well get comfortable. | 我们不妨放松一下 |
[30:13] | Are you… drinking human wine? | 你在喝人类的酒吗 |
[30:17] | It’s the source of drunkenness. | 喝了很容易醉的 |
[30:19] | Isn’t it just? | 可不是吗 |
[30:25] | Very promising little vineyard. | 这个小葡萄园的酒相当不错 |
[30:31] | Yeah alright, you don’t drink. | 好吧 你不喝酒 |
[30:34] | Try the food, though. | 那就吃点东西吧 |
[30:37] | You can’t get drunk on food. | 吃东西不会醉 |
[30:41] | Go on. | 吃吧 |
[30:44] | Have an ox-rib. | 来根牛肋条 |
[30:47] | Are you trying to tempt me? | 你是在诱惑我吗 |
[30:50] | Not at all. Angels can’t be tempted, can you? | 完全没有 天使是无法被诱惑的 对吗 |
[30:53] | – Certainly not. – Well, there you are then. | -当然不会 -那行 |
[30:55] | You’re free to try the food. | 请尝尝吧 |
[31:26] | Oh, I say. | 真好吃 |
[31:35] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[31:50] | Come on! You’re a little bit on our side. | 拜托 你是有一点点站在我们这边的 |
[31:54] | Not even the littlest. | 半点都没有 |
[31:57] | Well, you’re not on Hell’s side. | 你肯定不站地狱那边 |
[31:59] | I go along with Hell as far as I can. | 我尽量和地狱保持相安无事 |
[32:04] | So whose side are you on? | 那你站哪一边 |
[32:07] | My side. | 我自己这边 |
[32:09] | Gosh. | 天啊 |
[32:11] | Well, that sounds… | 这听起来… |
[32:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:14] | Lonely. | 好孤独 |
[32:16] | Lonely? No, not lonely. | 孤独 不 完全不会 |
[32:20] | Whose side are you on? | 你站哪一边 |
[32:23] | God’s, of course! | 当然是上帝这边 |
[32:25] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[32:27] | The same God that wants me to whack the kids? | 就是那位想让我杀掉那些孩子的上帝吗 |
[32:32] | Yes. | 对 |
[32:35] | – But… – Yeah… | -但是… -没错… |
[32:38] | That’s just how it started for me. | 我就是这样开始堕落的 |
[32:41] | See you in Hell. | 地狱见 |
[32:59] | Oh, my God! | 我的上帝啊 |
[33:01] | Blasphemy, Angel? That’s not like… you. | 竟然亵渎上帝 天使 这可不像你 |
[33:03] | No, look! | 不 快看 |
[33:07] | My God! | 真的是上帝 |
[33:09] | Job, if you have questions for me, | 约伯 如果你有问题要问我 |
[33:11] | I have questions for you. | 那我也有几个问题要问你 |
[33:13] | Do you know how I created the earth? | 你知道我是如何创造大地的吗 |
[33:15] | Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth, Job? | 约伯 我立大地根基的时候 你在哪里呢 |
[33:19] | Were you there when all the morning stars sang together | 那时晨星一同歌唱 神的众子也都欢呼 |
[33:21] | and all the angels shouted for joy? | 你在那里吗 |
[33:24] | – Is God actually… – I think so. | -上帝是在… -我想是的 |
[33:25] | …talking to him? | 跟他说话吗 |
[33:29] | – I don’t suppose he’s getting any answers. – No. | -我想他不会得到任何答案 -没错 |
[33:33] | But just to be able to ask the question. | 只是刚刚能问出问题 |
[33:35] | Do you know the rules of the heavens? | 你知道天的定例吗 |
[33:37] | Did you set the constellations in the sky? | 能使地归在天的权下吗 |
[33:40] | Can you send lightning bolts and get them to report back to you? | 你能发出闪电 叫它行去 使它对你说话吗 |
[33:45] | Did you give wings to peacocks, Job, | 约伯 你曾给孔雀翅膀 |
[33:47] | or teach the ostrich to run? | 或教鸵鸟奔跑吗 |
[33:55] | What did God say? | 上帝说了什么 |
[33:59] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[34:00] | I didn’t understand much. | 我不太懂那些话 |
[34:03] | Things too wonderful for me. | 对我来说 这一切都太奇妙了 |
[34:08] | Ostriches came into it. | 祂提到了鸵鸟 |
[34:10] | – Ostriches? – And whales. | -鸵鸟 -还有鲸鱼 |
[34:13] | God’s very proud of the whale. | 上帝非常自豪自己创造了鲸鱼 |
[34:16] | Went into some detail about… how great whales are. | 祂仔细解释了一下 鲸鱼有多美好 |
[34:21] | They explain? | 神解释了 |
[34:26] | I think the point was, | 可能祂想说的是 |
[34:29] | if you want answers, | 如果我们想要答案 |
[34:32] | come back when you can make a whale. | 等我们能创造出鲸鱼后再来 |
[34:35] | And the children? | 孩子们呢 |
[34:37] | Did they mention the children? | 神有没有提到孩子们 |
[34:40] | No. | 没有 |
[34:41] | No. | 没有 |
[34:53] | Virtuous Job, | 高尚的约伯 |
[34:54] | you have passed God’s test. | 你通过了上帝的考验 |
[34:57] | Prepare for your reward. | 准备好接受你的奖励吧 |
[34:58] | Behold, where you have lost 300 sheep, | 听好了 你曾丢失了三百只绵羊 |
[35:01] | the Lord grants you 600! | 上帝现在给予你六百只 |
[35:09] | Sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[35:13] | What do you say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[35:15] | Thank you? | 谢谢你 |
[35:17] | Well, don’t thank me. Thank God! | 不用谢我 要感谢上帝 |
[35:20] | You want me to thank God for sheep? | 你想让我为了羊而感谢上帝 |
[35:24] | Our children. | 我们的孩子 |
[35:25] | What about our children? | 我们的孩子呢 |
[35:26] | Yes, yeah, yes… | 对了 |
[35:28] | I was… I was, I was getting to that! | 我… 我正要说到这个呢 |
[35:30] | For Lo, | 瞧 |
[35:31] | though your three children are completely dead, | 虽然你们的三个孩子已全部死亡 |
[35:35] | God now grants that you may conceive seven more children! | 上帝允诺你们再孕育七个孩子 |
[35:43] | – Our children are dead? – Yeah. | -我们的孩子都死了 -是的 |
[35:46] | But I loved my children! | 但我爱他们 |
[35:48] | I don’t… I don’t want more children. | 我不… 我不想要更多孩子了 |
[35:52] | If my children are dead, then I will curse God and… | 如果孩子们都死了 那我就诅咒上帝… |
[35:55] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa… That never ends well. | 等等 等等… 那可从来没有好下场 |
[36:01] | Remember me? Bildad the Shuhite? | 还记得我吗 书亚人比勒达 |
[36:05] | Um… Who is this? | 这是哪位 |
[36:06] | Err, he says he’s Bildad the Shuhite? | 他说自己是书亚人比勒达 |
[36:10] | And so I am. Bildad the Shuhite. | 没错 书亚人比勒达 |
[36:14] | Need any shoes? | 需要买鞋吗 |
[36:16] | Shuhite of course means from the land of Shua. | 书亚人 肯定是从叫书亚的地方来的 |
[36:20] | – Yes. – Indeed, it does. | -对 -没错 正是 |
[36:24] | Where, as it happens, I am a leading shoemaker. | 巧的是 我在家乡可是著名鞋匠 |
[36:31] | What, you think they don’t wear shoes in Shua? | 怎么 你觉得书亚的人不穿鞋吗 |
[36:34] | Yes, well, it would be really useful | 如果你是人类生育方面的专家 |
[36:36] | if you were an expert on human births? | 那可就太好了 |
[36:42] | Then this is your lucky day! | 算你们运气好 |
[36:45] | Shoemaking and obstetrics. | 制鞋和产科 |
[36:48] | Those have always been the twin passions of Bildad the Shuhite. | 这两个正好都是我书亚人比勒达的爱好 |
[36:51] | What seems to be the trouble? | 这里有什么麻烦呢 |
[36:53] | Well, um, Sitis here | 这位是希提斯 |
[36:55] | has just learned that she is to have lots more children. | 她刚得知自己将会生育更多孩子 |
[37:00] | Let’s get started! No need to be shy, Sitis. | 那就开始吧 没必要难为情 希提斯 |
[37:03] | I am a professional midwife slash cobbler. | 我可是专业助产士兼制鞋匠 |
[37:06] | And I’m sure these angelic entities have seen it all before. | 而且这几位天使一定都见过人类的分娩过程 |
[37:09] | Yes, in fact Gabriel here | 没错 这位是加百列 |
[37:12] | has personally witnessed childbirth in the Garden of Eden. | 他曾在伊甸园亲眼见证过孩子的诞生 |
[37:18] | Have you now? Wow. | 真的吗 |
[37:21] | Then I’d better be on my toes, under the eyes of an expert. | 有这么一位专家看着 我可得小心些了 |
[37:30] | …Exactly what I say. Trust me. | …照着我说的做 相信我 |
[37:34] | Now, good lady, | 那么 夫人 |
[37:36] | simply turn to your husband, | 转过去 面对你的丈夫 |
[37:39] | reach into his robes… | 将手伸进他的长袍… |
[37:43] | H-higher. Higher. | 高一点 高一点 |
[37:46] | Uh, a little higher… | 再高一点… |
[37:47] | That’s it! And pull out three of his ribs. | 就是那里 然后抽出他的三根肋骨 |
[37:51] | Oh yeah. Uh, ribs. It’s… Don’t worry. | 对了 肋骨 是… 没关系的 |
[37:55] | It’s all part of the process. I’ve seen this before. | 这都是分娩的步骤之一 我以前见过 |
[38:04] | And to complete the process, a simple embrace. | 为了完成这一流程 再来一个简单的拥抱 |
[38:20] | Mummy! Oh! | 妈妈 |
[38:26] | But… they’re not babies. | 但是… 他们不是婴儿 |
[38:30] | Certainly not. | 当然不是了 |
[38:31] | Was Eve a baby? | 夏娃出生时是婴儿吗 |
[38:32] | – Was she? – No, no. | -是吗 -不是 |
[38:34] | They can arrive in any size. | 人类诞生时可以是任何体型 |
[38:36] | Ennon, my boy! | 恩农 我的儿子 |
[38:37] | – Ennon? – No, no, no. | -恩农 -不不不 |
[38:39] | Not Ennon, Job. Ennon’s gone. | 不是恩农 约伯 恩农不在了 |
[38:41] | This is your new son. | 这是你的新儿子 |
[38:44] | – But it is– – A miracle. | -但这是 -奇迹 |
[38:47] | It is a miracle that our new son | 这是个奇迹 我们的新生儿子 |
[38:50] | should look so much like our old son. | 长得那么像我们之前的儿子 |
[38:51] | – But it is– – No, Job. Look. | -但这是 -不 约伯 听着 |
[38:54] | It’s not Ennon, it’s a new child. | 这不是恩农 这是我们的新生孩子 |
[38:58] | These are all… They’re all new children. | 他们都是… 都是新生孩子 |
[39:02] | No, you’re right! It’s not Ennon. | 你说得对 这不是恩农 |
[39:06] | Yes, it bloody is. | 我就是恩农啊 |
[39:10] | Aziraphale, are these the new children God promised Job? | 亚茨拉斐尔 他们是上帝允诺给约伯的新生儿吗 |
[39:17] | They certainly seem to be. | 他们看上去是的 |
[39:19] | No, they certainly ought to be. | 不 他们应该是 |
[39:21] | But they seem to be his old children. | 但他们看上去是他以往的孩子 |
[39:26] | Aziraphale, who are they? | 亚茨拉斐尔 他们是谁 |
[39:30] | They are… | 他们是… |
[39:36] | his new children. | 他的新生儿 |
[39:40] | I… You have my word as an angel. | 我… 我以天使的身份向你保证 |
[39:47] | Well, that’s alright then. Huh? | 那不就好了 |
[39:50] | Why didn’t you just say so? | 你早这么说不就行了 |
[39:53] | Congratulations! | 恭喜 |
[40:09] | Crowley? | 克劳利 |
[40:11] | He went away. | 他走了 |
[40:14] | While you were thinking. | 在你走神思考的时候 |
[40:17] | You know, you really used to be… | 要知道 你以前真的… |
[40:21] | awful. | 很讨人厌 |
[40:23] | I mean, so awful. | 非常讨人厌 |
[40:27] | Am I awful now? | 我现在还讨人厌吗 |
[40:30] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[40:32] | I hope not. | 希望不是 |
[40:37] | Oh… Good. | 挺好 |
[41:04] | You’re the one from yesterday. Struck by lightning. | 你是昨天那个被闪电劈中的人 |
[41:08] | It looked worse than it was. | 其实没有看上去那么糟糕 |
[41:09] | Mr. Six Espressos In a Big Cup. | 要了六份浓缩咖啡的那位先生 |
[41:13] | Silly questions, but how do you feel about sudden rain? | 问个傻问题 你遇到突如其来的雨会怎么办 |
[41:18] | Yeah. That’s a silly question alright. | 这真是个傻问题 |
[41:20] | No, but in the event of a sudden torrential downpour, | 如果遇到突然的倾盆大雨 |
[41:24] | would you be likely to shelter under an awning? | 你会到雨篷下躲雨吗 |
[41:29] | It’s like you’ve looked deep into my secret soul. | 你仿佛洞察了我的灵魂 |
[41:31] | Well, it’s a knack. | 这是我的本领 |
[41:33] | For instance… | 例如… |
[41:36] | Oh? Maggie? | 玛姬 |
[41:37] | Oh, err, no. Not a thing. Definitely. | 没有 我和她之间真的没什么 |
[41:40] | We’re just friends. | 我们只是朋友 |
[41:41] | Actually, we’re not friends. We barely know each other. | 其实也不算朋友 我们不怎么熟 |
[41:43] | We just got trapped in the shop when the power went out. | 我们只是停电时被一起困在了店里 |
[41:46] | My partner was not impressed. | 我的伴侣对此不以为然 |
[41:49] | Well, not a pleasant evening. That’s all. | 那晚过得不太愉快 就这样 |
[41:52] | Gotcha. | 明白了 |
[42:00] | Do you need a lift somewhere? | 你需要我开车送你去哪吗 |
[42:02] | Err, no. Thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[42:03] | I was trying to tell you about this. | 我是来跟你说这个的 |
[42:06] | My Clue. | 我的线索 |
[42:07] | – “The Resurrectionist.” – Pub. | -“盗尸者” -酒吧 |
[42:10] | Has a jukebox. | 里面有台点唱机 |
[42:11] | This record was found on the jukebox. | 这张唱片是在点唱机上面发现的 |
[42:16] | So what? | 所以呢 |
[42:17] | So first it wasn’t on the jukebox. | 一开始点唱机上不是这张唱片 |
[42:20] | It doesn’t seem to matter what people in the pub want to listen to, | 但是酒吧里的人想听什么音乐似乎不重要 |
[42:23] | sooner or later every record turns into this. | 因为点唱机里的所有唱片最后都会变成这张 |
[42:27] | It is, as you might say… a miracle. | 用你的话来说就是…奇迹 |
[42:32] | So, I thought I might pop up there myself | 所以 我想亲自去一趟酒吧 |
[42:36] | and investigate! | 进行调查 |
[42:39] | Fair enough. What time’s your train? | 好吧 你坐的火车是几点 |
[42:41] | Actually I rather thought I might take the car. | 其实我更想开车去 |
[42:45] | – What car? – Our car. | -什么车 -我们的车 |
[42:48] | – We don’t have a car. – Of course we do. | -我们没有车 -当然有了 |
[42:52] | Isn’t she a beauty? | 这辆车多美啊 |
[42:54] | This Bentley is my car. | 这辆宾利是我的车 |
[42:56] | Well, yes, technically. | 严格来说 是的 |
[42:57] | Just as that bookshop is technically my shop, | 就像严格来说 书店是我的 |
[43:01] | but… we both get plenty of use out of it, don’t we? | 但是… 我们两个都常常使用啊 对吧 |
[43:05] | You can’t drive my Bentley. | 你不可以开我的宾利 |
[43:06] | No, I can! I have a license, yes. | 可以的 我有驾照 |
[43:09] | I passed my driving test 90 years ago. | 我在90年前就通过了驾照考试 |
[43:12] | They didn’t even require tests, but I insisted. | 他们甚至不要求考试 但我坚持要考 |
[43:14] | No. | 不行 |
[43:15] | Don’t worry! | 别担心 |
[43:17] | – I’ll be very, very careful. – No! | -我会非常非常小心的 -不行 |
[43:21] | And while I’m gone, you can look after the bookshop. | 我不在的时候 你可以照看书店 |
[43:24] | And Gabriel. | 还有加百列 |
[43:26] | Yes? | 行吗 |
[43:29] | “It was the day my grandmother exploded.” | “那天 我的祖母爆炸了” |
[43:38] | “It is a truth universally acknowledged | “这是一条举世公认的真理 |
[43:41] | that a single man in possession of a good fortune | 一个家财万贯的单身男子 |
[43:44] | must be in want of a wife.” | 一定想要娶位妻子” |
[43:47] | Whatever that is. | 随便吧 |
[44:02] | “It was a nice day.” | “这天天气晴好” |
[44:05] | That’s more like it. | 这还差不多 |
[44:33] | Ah. Yes, I thought perhaps they might send you. | 我就猜他们可能会派你来 |
[44:39] | Well… | 好吧 |
[44:44] | I’m ready to go. | 我准备好要去了 |
[44:45] | – Go where? – To Hell. | -去哪 -去地狱 |
[44:51] | I’m not taking you to Hell, Angel. | 我不会带你去地狱的 天使 |
[44:55] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[44:57] | Well, I don’t think you’d like it. | 我觉得你不会喜欢地狱 |
[45:01] | But you have to. | 但你一定得带我去 |
[45:05] | I’m like you now. | 我现在跟你一样了 |
[45:07] | A demon. | 我是恶魔了 |
[45:17] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[45:20] | You think you’re a demon? | 你觉得你是恶魔 |
[45:23] | With your curly little… and your neat white… | 就你那小卷毛… 和你那白色的… |
[45:26] | I’m a fallen angel! | 我是个堕天使了 |
[45:30] | I lied. | 我说谎了 |
[45:33] | To thwart the will of God. | 为了阻挠上帝的意志 |
[45:35] | Well yeah, you did, but… | 是的 你说谎了 但是… |
[45:39] | I’m not gonna tell anybody. | 我不会说出去的 |
[45:42] | Are you? | 你会吗 |
[45:47] | No. Then nothing has to change, does it? | 那什么都没必要改变 对吗 |
[46:12] | But what am I? | 但我现在是什么呢 |
[46:15] | You’re just an angel who goes along with Heaven as far as he can. | 你只是个天使 想要尽可能地与天堂相安无事 |
[46:25] | That sounds, um… | 这听起来… |
[46:27] | Lonely? | 很孤独 |
[46:31] | Yeah. | 对 |
[46:34] | But you said it wasn’t. | 但你说过不会的 |
[46:37] | I’m a demon. | 我可是恶魔 |
[46:39] | I lied. | 我会说谎 |