时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Our genes, which we inherit from our parents, | 我们从父母那遗传的基因 |
[00:15] | determine who we are biologically. | 决定了我们的生物特征 |
[00:19] | Just a heads-up — the owner of the cabin | 提醒你一下 小屋的主人 |
[00:20] | has a very strict no-phones policy, | 实行严格的无手机政策 |
[00:22] | except in emergencies. | 紧急情况除外 |
[00:24] | I wouldn’t want to upset the owner. | 我可不想让主人不高兴 |
[00:25] | – No, you wouldn’t. – Right? | -不 你不会 -是吧 |
[00:30] | It’s more amazing than you described. | 这比你说的还要好 |
[00:32] | Well, the porch railing’s a little loose, | 这个嘛 门廊的栏杆有点松 |
[00:34] | and, you know, bears. | 你懂的 有熊出没 |
[00:36] | But they’re not inside, so… | 但它们不会进去 所以… |
[00:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:39] | Our blueprint. | 我们的蓝图 |
[00:42] | Sorry, it’s just one last e-mail | 抱歉 给艾米莉娅发最后一封 |
[00:45] | to Amelia about the FDA. | 关于药监局的邮件 |
[00:46] | – And then you’ll be done changing the world? – Yes. | -你就完成改变世界了吗 -是的 |
[00:49] | Done. | 搞定 |
[00:51] | – Ready? – Yeah. | -准备好了吗 -是的 |
[00:52] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[00:55] | Paging Dr. Hamilton to the Grey Center. | 呼叫汉密尔顿医生到格蕾中心 |
[00:57] | Dr. Hamilton to the Grey Center. | 汉密尔顿医生到格蕾中心 |
[00:59] | Everything from our eye color to our height. | 从眼睛颜色到身高的每个特征 |
[01:02] | Even our laugh. | 甚至我们的笑容 |
[01:04] | But, also, our diseases. | 但也包括疾病 |
[01:06] | Did I miss the party invite? | 是我错过了派对邀请吗 |
[01:08] | A very expensive experiment succeeded, | 一个非常昂贵的实验成功了 |
[01:10] | which means more money, more people. | 这意味着更多资金 更多人员 |
[01:13] | More toys. Is this a new 3D b– | 更多设备 这是新的3D |
[01:15] | – Don’t. – I know. Don’t touch it. | -别 -我懂 别碰 |
[01:17] | Did you see Meredith’s notes? | 你看到梅瑞狄斯的笔记吗 |
[01:18] | She said we could finish the report. | 她说我们可以完成报告 |
[01:20] | Asthma, diabetes, cancers. | 哮喘 糖尿病 癌症 |
[01:23] | And be done with all this? | 然后这就结束了吗 |
[01:28] | But who you are at your core goes way beyond genes. | 但你的本质并非是基因决定的 |
[01:32] | 98, 99, 100! | 九十八 九十九 一百 |
[01:35] | – Ready or not, here I come. – So, the sun is actually white? | -不管藏好没 我来了 -太阳真是白色的吗 |
[01:38] | – Yeah. Weird, huh? – Yeah. | -是啊 奇怪吧 -对 |
[01:40] | – And it’s not even the biggest star. – Is that true, Aunt Maggie? | -这还不是最大的星星 -真的吗 麦琪小姨 |
[01:45] | I’m so sorry. What was it? | 抱歉 什么 |
[01:46] | What — Ask me again. | 什么 你再问一遍 |
[01:48] | Well, I think you should go lay down. | 我觉得你该躺下休息 |
[01:49] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[01:50] | I took the flu medication. | 我吃了流感药 |
[01:52] | I’m gonna rally, and I’m gonna help with the kids. | 我会振作 我来带孩子 |
[01:54] | Well, you know I used to be a camp counselor, right? | 你知道我以前是营地辅导员吧 |
[01:56] | I know CPR, and I’ve seen every Marvel movie. | 我懂心肺复苏 我看过所有漫威电影 |
[02:00] | And, you know, the whole surgeon thing. | 还有 我还是外科医生 |
[02:03] | It’s just it requires a different kind of training. | 这个需要其他类型的训练 |
[02:05] | I’ll be fine. | 我可以的 |
[02:06] | Let’s just get you upstairs and — | 我送你上楼 |
[02:07] | I can’t find Ellis. | 我找不到爱丽丝 |
[02:10] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[02:11] | Yeah, okay. Here we go. | 好吧 来吧 |
[02:15] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[02:23] | You’re rewriting your report in your head, aren’t you? | 你在脑袋里构思重写报告吗 |
[02:26] | I am still stuck on the part where we explained | 我还卡在该怎么解释 |
[02:31] | why we chose to break up the injection into four parts. | 为什么我们选择将注射分为四部分 |
[02:35] | When you work on something like that, | 当你研究这些事情的时候 |
[02:36] | it invades your thoughts. | 会占据你的思考 |
[02:37] | It I-invades your dreams, everything. | 连做梦都是 所有事情都是 |
[02:40] | It’s weird. | 太奇怪了 |
[02:41] | Two weeks ago, | 两周前 |
[02:41] | I wrote out a cellular calculation on Zola’s homework. | 我在佐拉的作业上做了细胞计算 |
[02:45] | Well, think how smart she looked. | 这会让她看起来多聪明 |
[02:46] | It was a history assignment. | 那是历史作业 |
[02:48] | About 15 years ago, | 大约十五年前 |
[02:49] | I got involved in a study on liver transplants | 我参加了一项肝移植的研究 |
[02:51] | with HIV-positive donors and recipients, | 捐赠人和受体都是艾滋病阳性患者 |
[02:53] | and it was a lot of ups and downs | 有很多起起落落 |
[02:55] | and flying all over the country. | 全国到处飞 |
[02:56] | And I wanted to be able to turn my brain off | 我想偶尔能够 |
[02:58] | every once in a while, so…cabin. | 放空大脑 所以有了小屋 |
[03:01] | It was the first big purchase I made just for me. | 这是我首次给自己买的大件物品 |
[03:04] | Did it work, to shut your brain off? | 有用吗 放空脑袋 |
[03:05] | The first few times I came up here, | 我最初几次来这里 |
[03:06] | I got a little stir crazy. | 我有点坐不住 |
[03:08] | – Because there were no lives to save. – Not a single one. | -因为不用救死扶伤吗 -完全不用 |
[03:10] | So, I had to settle into the calm. | 所以我得适应平静 |
[03:14] | What’s that like? | 那是什么感觉 |
[03:15] | Takes some getting used to. | 需要一点时间适应 |
[03:21] | You’re not very good at this, are you? | 你不擅长这事对吗 |
[03:24] | No. | 不 |
[03:28] | Come here. | 给我 |
[03:47] | I think we need to re-work the way we tackle | 我认为我们需要重新考虑 |
[03:49] | David’s bowel obstruction. | 如何处理大卫肠阻塞的情况 |
[03:50] | – It reads like he was intentionally trying to hide it. – Didn’t he? | -这读起来像他故意隐藏的 -不是吗 |
[03:53] | Maybe, but he’s already been accused of pay-to-play. | 也许吧 但他已经被指责是金钱玩家 |
[03:55] | Putting entire responsibility on him | 把所有责任压他身上 |
[03:57] | would further discredit him, | 会使他更没有公信力 |
[03:58] | just as he’s looking to widen the project. | 他还正考虑着扩展项目呢 |
[03:59] | So we should take the blame? | 那就得我们背锅吗 |
[04:00] | I didn’t say that, either. | 我也没这样说 |
[04:02] | Hamilton’s primary care physician had examined and cleared him, | 汉密尔顿主治医生已经做了检查 表明没问题 |
[04:05] | and he reported feeling fine that morning. | 而且那天早上他也说感觉良好 |
[04:07] | Patients with Parkinson’s are at risk | 帕金森症病人 |
[04:09] | for other health conditions. | 有患上其他疾病的风险 |
[04:11] | Maybe we could have done more on our end. | 也许我们这边可以多做点 |
[04:13] | Hamilton almost cost us that entire surgery. | 汉密尔顿差点让我们整个手术失败 |
[04:15] | – Why would we lie? – We’re not. | -为什么我们要撒谎 -我们没有 |
[04:16] | But the goal is to further Parkinson’s research. | 但目标是推进帕金森症的研究 |
[04:19] | Do you have to do that? | 你非得这样吗 |
[04:20] | – Walk? – Pace. | -走路吗 -踱步 |
[04:24] | Fine, okay — an argument could be made | 好吧 我们可以这么说 |
[04:26] | that due to the extreme motivation of patients | 由于寻求实验性手术的 |
[04:28] | who are seeking this experimental surgery, | 病人强烈要求 |
[04:30] | it requires more in-depth history and physical pre-op. | 我们需要进行更深入的病史调查和术前准备 |
[04:32] | Right, okay. Let’s frame it like that. | 好 就这样写 |
[04:34] | Thorough history-taking and rigorous testing | 在进行手术之前应该考虑 |
[04:36] | should be considered before performing the surgery moving forward. | 搜集详尽的病史并作严格的检查 |
[04:39] | Yeah, it doesn’t point fingers, | 对 没有横加指责 |
[04:40] | and it focuses on outcomes. | 而且专注于结果 |
[04:42] | And it provides value to future surgeries. | 而且为将来的手术提供价值 |
[04:47] | Pacing works. | 踱步有用 |
[04:55] | So, are we ready to submit this? | 可以提交了吗 |
[04:56] | I think we are. | 可以了 |
[04:58] | Okay, we are… | 好 我们… |
[05:01] | done. | 结束了 |
[05:04] | We are. | 我们也是 |
[05:05] | My flight doesn’t leave until tomorrow morning. | 我的飞机明天早上才走 |
[05:09] | Or I could change it… | 我也可以改到… |
[05:12] | to today. | 今天 |
[05:13] | Or you could stay. | 你也可以留下来 |
[05:14] | You wanna come to a show? | 你想去看一个演出吗 |
[05:28] | – What the — – Uncle Nick! | -什么 -尼克叔叔 |
[05:30] | Charlotte! What — What are you doing here? | 夏洛特 你 你来这干吗 |
[05:32] | Clearly, we had the same idea. | 很明显我们想法一致 |
[05:36] | Can you give me a minute? | 给我点时间好吗 |
[05:39] | Just a minute. | 就一下子 |
[05:45] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:46] | – Ellis! – Ellis? | -爱丽丝 -爱丽丝 |
[05:49] | Where is that girl? | 那孩子在哪儿 |
[05:50] | Well, she’s not in the bathroom. | 她不在浴室 |
[05:52] | – Ugh, God. – Are you okay? | -天啊 -你还好吧 |
[05:54] | My sinuses have just turned into a vise around my brain. | 我的鼻窦变成了一个钳子夹着我的脑子 |
[05:58] | Hey, doesn’t she love to hide in her closet? | 她不是喜欢藏在她的衣橱里吗 |
[06:00] | – I checked. She’s not there. – Ellis! | -我检查过了 她不在 -爱丽丝 |
[06:03] | How am I gonna tell Meredith I lost one of her kids? | 我怎么告诉梅瑞狄斯我把她的一个孩子弄丢了 |
[06:05] | We didn’t lose her — we just don’t know where she is. | 我们没搞丢 我们只是不知道她在哪 |
[06:07] | Ellis! | 爱丽丝 |
[06:08] | I can just hear Meredith now. | 我简直能听到梅瑞狄斯现在会说什么 |
[06:09] | “I always knew it was gonna be you.” | “我就知道会是你” |
[06:12] | I found her! | 我找到她了 |
[06:17] | Here I come. | 我来了 |
[06:21] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[06:23] | Did I win? | 我赢了吗 |
[06:24] | Yeah, you sure did. | 你肯定赢了 |
[06:25] | – Let’s play again. – No, let’s not. | -我们再玩一次 -别玩了 |
[06:27] | Why don’t you two go get a juice box, all right? | 不如你俩去拿瓶果汁好吗 |
[06:30] | And I’ll be right there in a second. | 我马上就来 |
[06:34] | Hey, let me handle it. | 我来处理吧 |
[06:36] | All right? You rest. | 好吗 你休息 |
[06:38] | Look how level-headed I was during all that. | 看看我处理得多冷静 |
[06:41] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[06:50] | Oh, this looks like some of Ellis’ old stuff. | 看起来好像是爱丽丝的旧东西 |
[06:52] | I thought Meredith had all of this stuff put in storage. | 我以为梅瑞狄斯把所有这些东西都放在储物间 |
[06:56] | Can I keep this? | 我可以保留吗 |
[06:57] | I don’t see why not. | 我觉得没什么问题 |
[06:58] | I mean, we can ask your mom. | 我们还是问下你妈 |
[07:05] | Is this for you, Aunt Maggie? | 这是给你的吗 麦琪阿姨 |
[07:43] | Okay, let’s try this again. | 好吧 我们再来一遍 |
[07:45] | Uh, Meredith, this is my niece, Charlotte. | 梅瑞狄斯 这是我外甥女夏洛特 |
[07:46] | – Charlotte, this is Dr. Meredith Grey. – Hi, Charlotte. | -夏洛特 这是梅瑞狄斯·格蕾医生 -夏洛特 |
[07:49] | It’s really nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[07:50] | He talks about you all the time. | 他总是提起你 |
[07:53] | Wait, Dr.Grey? | 等等 格蕾医生 |
[07:54] | As in the — the surgeon that saved your kidney? | 是那个挽救了你的肾脏的外科医生吗 |
[07:55] | Life. But, yes, same one. | 生命 对 就是她 |
[07:57] | You forgot to mention that she’s your girlfriend. | 你没说她是你女朋友 |
[07:59] | Well, I wanted to properly introduce you two. | 我想找合适的机会介绍你俩 |
[08:00] | Well, that was definitely an introduction. | 刚才绝对算是介绍 |
[08:03] | And, um, are you supposed to be dating your patients? | 你可以和病人约会吗 |
[08:06] | He’s not my patient anymore, so it’s fine. | 他不再是我的病人了 所以没关系 |
[08:08] | – Who’s this? – Oh, uh, this is Silver. | -这是谁 -他是西尔弗 |
[08:11] | Silver? Okay. Nice to meet you. | 西尔弗[银] 好 很高兴见到你 |
[08:13] | You guys, uh, friends, or… | 你们是朋友还是… |
[08:15] | – More like soul mates. – “Soul mates”? | -更像是灵魂伴侣 -“灵魂伴侣” |
[08:16] | – It’s like we’ve known each other lifetimes. – Eras. | -好像我们已经认识了一辈子似的 -一个纪元 |
[08:21] | Long time. | 很久 |
[08:22] | Pretty far away from school. | 你们离学校很远啊 |
[08:24] | You know, mid-terms. | 现在放期中假呢 |
[08:25] | I’m starving. | 我饿了 |
[08:26] | – I saw steak. – I can eat. | -我看见牛排了 -我可以吃 |
[08:32] | – Let’s eat. – Let’s eat. | -去吃吧 -去吃吧 |
[08:37] | Are you gonna open it? | 你要打开吗 |
[08:39] | Well, it could be for another Margaret. | 也许是给你另一个玛格丽特的 |
[08:47] | You know, after my mom died… | 我妈死后… |
[08:50] | there was a fire in my grandmother’s house, | 我祖母家着了一次火 |
[08:52] | and it burned up a good part of it, | 烧掉了大部分房屋 |
[08:54] | including the bedroom where my brother and I kept | 包括卧室 我哥和我在那里 |
[08:56] | a lot of our stuff in storage. | 放了很多东西 |
[08:58] | I lost a lot of pictures and books, | 我失去了很多照片和书 |
[09:01] | and I lost the last birthday card | 我失去了我妈给我的 |
[09:03] | my mom had given me. | 最后一张生日卡片 |
[09:07] | I was devastated. | 简直要了我的命 |
[09:11] | And to this day, I still dream about… | 直到今天 我还会梦想着… |
[09:14] | seeing her handwriting again. | 再次见到她的亲笔 |
[09:18] | You don’t even have to read it, | 你不一定非得要读它 |
[09:20] | but it’s nice that you have it. | 但你能拿到它就挺好 |
[09:29] | Do you want a soda? A water? | 你想来杯苏打水还是来杯水吗 |
[09:32] | I would love a ginger ale. | 来杯姜汁汽水就再好不过了 |
[09:34] | Can I get a ginger ale and Coke, please? | 来杯姜汁汽水和一杯可乐 谢谢 |
[09:38] | I spent a lot of time in places like this | 我年轻的时候 |
[09:41] | when I was younger. | 经常来这种地方 |
[09:42] | – What was that Amelia like? – Lucky to have survived. | -年轻的艾米莉娅是什么样 -能活着就万幸了 |
[09:44] | High most of the time. | 大部分时间都飘飘欲仙 |
[09:45] | Doing things she could not remember the next day. | 做一些隔夜就忘记的事情 |
[09:48] | – Probably still brilliant. – They call it high-functioning. | -大概仍然很出色 -人们管这叫高智商 |
[09:51] | Well, this Amelia just helped a million patients | 但今天这个艾米莉娅刚帮助了近百万患者 |
[09:53] | get one step closer to a cure for their horrible disease. | 在战胜一个可怕的疾病的道路上前进了一步 |
[09:57] | To the one who drilled the holes. | 敬给脑壳钻洞的神经外科医 |
[09:59] | To us. | 敬我们 |
[10:09] | – Are you okay? – Yeah. | -你还好吗 -没事 |
[10:10] | Not exactly the night I had planned, | 不是我计划中的夜晚 |
[10:12] | but I’m still gonna make you the perfect steak. | 但我还是能给你烹饪完美的牛排 |
[10:14] | If Silver doesn’t eat it first. | 如果西尔弗能给我剩点的话 |
[10:16] | Yes, that is true. | 这倒是真的 |
[10:17] | A little more cheese would go a long way. | 再放点芝士这菜会更好 |
[10:22] | So, Silver. | 西尔弗 |
[10:24] | – Cool name. – Yeah. | -这名字挺酷 -确实 |
[10:25] | – Real cool. – It feels like who I am in this moment, you know? | -非常酷 -感觉能代表当下的我 你懂吗 |
[10:28] | Bright, but overlooked. | 光芒万丈但被弃之不顾 |
[10:30] | When I first met Silver, his name was actually Oak, | 我刚认识西尔弗时 他还叫欧克[橡树] |
[10:33] | but he’s much more of a Silver now. | 但现在他更像个西尔弗了 |
[10:36] | I’m sorry — Silver’s not your real name? | 等等 西尔弗不是你的真名吗 |
[10:38] | Oh, it is — for now. Yeah. | 是的 暂时 |
[10:40] | Uh, we’re always evolving, you know? | 我们总是不断在进化的 你懂吗 |
[10:41] | So, I change my name each time I feel | 每次我感觉自己变成不同的人时 |
[10:43] | like a different person. | 我就会改变名字 |
[10:46] | – Is that often? – No more than the next person. | -这事常发生吗 -跟大家差不多 |
[10:50] | Mmm, that’s good. | 这不错 |
[10:52] | A little salty. | 有点咸 |
[10:55] | Where did you two meet? | 你们俩在哪认识的 |
[10:57] | In the woods. | 在丛林里 |
[10:58] | Charlotte participated in one of my micro-dosing experiences. | 夏洛特参加了我组织的一个微摄入体验 |
[11:02] | – Drugs? – Psilocybin. | -毒品吗 -是裸头草碱 |
[11:04] | – So, ‘shrooms? – Calm down. | -毒蘑菇 -冷静点 |
[11:05] | Real low doses. You don’t even feel it. | 只是很小的剂量而已 你根本感觉不到 |
[11:07] | As I understand it, micro-dosing therapy | 我所知道微摄入疗法 |
[11:08] | is for people with, uh, anxiety, | 适用于给患有焦虑症 |
[11:10] | depression, substance abuse issues. | 抑郁症和药物滥用的人群使用 |
[11:12] | Does that describe you, Charlotte? | 你有这些疾病吗 夏洛特 |
[11:15] | We use it to get in touch with our shadow selves — | 我们用它来和我们的阴暗面对话 |
[11:17] | the parts of us that we’re ashamed and scared of. | 和我们害怕并耻于面对的自我对话 |
[11:20] | – Not what it’s for. Meredith? – Yeah? | -这不是它的用途 梅瑞狄斯 -怎么了 |
[11:22] | – Micro-dosing therapy — know anything about it? – I… | -关于微摄入疗法你知道些什么吗 -我… |
[11:26] | have read some of the science, sure. | 看过相关的文献 |
[11:29] | I’m not sure I’m as educated on it as Silver is. | 但我不确定自己比西尔弗知道得更多 |
[11:34] | – So, are you guys in some of the same classes, or…? – Nope. | -你们俩是同班同学吗 还是 -不是 |
[11:36] | Uh, are we ready to eat? | 我们能开饭了吗 |
[11:37] | I’m not really a college type of guy. | 我对读大学不是很感兴趣 |
[11:38] | I’m more of a student of life. | 我是社会大学毕业生 |
[11:40] | So, as a student of life, what do you do? | 那作为社会大学毕业生 你做哪行 |
[11:42] | We can learn a lot more from traveling the world | 我们能从环游世界中学到 |
[11:44] | than sitting in a classroom. | 比坐在课室中更多的东西 |
[11:46] | Okay, we’re definitely ready to eat. | 我们确实该开饭了 |
[11:51] | We plan to really study everything around us in Costa Rica. | 我们计划在哥斯达黎加充分了解身边环境 |
[11:54] | I’m sorry. “Costa Rica”? | 不好意思 你说”哥斯达黎加” |
[11:56] | Are you guys planning a trip after the semester’s over? | 你们是打算这个学期结束后去旅行吗 |
[11:58] | – In two weeks. – Is this some sort of study abroad? | -是两周后 -这是要在境外上课的意思吗 |
[12:00] | Why pay tuition when you can just go for a few months? | 能去自然里学习几个月又何必付学费呢 |
[12:04] | – I was gonna tell you. – Tell me what? | -我打算和你说的 -说什么 |
[12:07] | I’m leaving school. | 我要退学 |
[12:38] | I have to admit that letter writing | 我得承认我更喜欢 |
[12:39] | is my preferred form of communication. | 用写信来交流 |
[12:43] | You’re able to say what you need to say | 你能在信中表达清楚一切 |
[12:44] | without rude interruption or interference. | 而不会被粗鲁地打断和打扰 |
[12:48] | “There are things I should probably say to you, Margaret, | 我有些事情得和你说 玛格丽特 |
[12:51] | and there’s no time like the present. | 此刻正是最好的时机 |
[12:54] | My recent diagnosis | 我最近确诊的病症 |
[12:55] | has forced me to think about my own mortality. | 迫使我去思考我的寿数 |
[12:59] | The past.” | 去思考过去 |
[13:01] | “And mistakes.” | 去思考我犯的错 |
[13:10] | “You know, I think I got my desire to take care of people | 我想我这种照顾他人的天性是从我母亲那里 |
[13:12] | – from my mother.” – I can’t believe it’s you. | -继承而来 -怎么是你 |
[13:14] | “She was the quintessential housewife.” | 她是典型完美家庭主妇 |
[13:17] | “And everything, down to the pleats in my A-line skirt, | 一切东西 甚至是我A字裙上的褶 |
[13:21] | had to be perfect. | 都得是完美的 |
[13:23] | But that wasn’t enough for my father. | 但这显然无法打动我的父亲 |
[13:24] | He slept with all of his secretaries. | 他和他每一个秘书都睡过 |
[13:26] | Even the married ones. | 甚至是那些已婚的 |
[13:28] | My mother hated it, but clearly not enough to say a word. | 我母亲恨透了他 但又没到直抒胸臆的地步 |
[13:30] | But I swore I’d never become someone’s doormat.” | 但我发誓我绝不会为任何人忍气吞声 |
[13:33] | I would never have taken you as the doormat type. | 我从来都不认为你是忍气吞声的类型 |
[13:37] | I wasn’t. | 我不是 |
[13:39] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[13:39] | This letter is for my daughter. | 这封信是给我女儿的 |
[13:40] | It’s — It’s — I’m — I’m — I’m Maggie. | 这 这是 我…我是麦琪 |
[13:43] | Margaret. Your daughter. | 玛格丽特 你的女儿 |
[13:44] | I-I am one of your daughters. | 我是你其中一个女儿 |
[13:50] | Where was I? | 我念到哪里了 |
[13:53] | “I swore I’d never follow my mother’s example. | 我发誓我不要步我母亲的后尘 |
[13:56] | Well, that was short-lived. | 但这好景不长 |
[13:58] | I ended up as Richard Webber’s doormat. | 我最终还是为理查德·韦伯忍气吞声了 |
[14:00] | Oh, how I loved that man. | 我爱惨了这个男人 |
[14:01] | Even the part of him that was married, | 甚至爱他已婚这一点 |
[14:03] | because that meant I could never end up like my mother…” | 因为这意味着我就不会成为我母亲了 |
[14:07] | Don’t hover over me! | 不要在我眼前晃了 |
[14:09] | Y-You’re distracting me. | 你让我分心了 |
[14:10] | I’m sorry, I — | 对不起 我 |
[14:12] | I’m s– Please. | 拜托了 |
[14:14] | Don’t go. Please, just keep reading. | 不要走 就继续念吧 |
[14:21] | Hey. Hey, you two. Hey. | 你们两个人 |
[14:22] | – Why don’t you come sit down… – Give it back! | -你们不如坐下来 -还给我 |
[14:24] | – …so that we can play “Connect Four”? – Give me the bear! | -我们可以玩连线游戏 -把熊给我 |
[14:25] | – No! Give me the bear! – And we can be real quiet | -不要 把熊给我 -我们可以安静一点 |
[14:26] | – so that your Aunt Maggie can get some sleep, okay? – No, he’s mine! | -让麦琪阿姨休息一下 -不 他是我的 |
[14:29] | – Give me it! – I’ll teach you my game strategy if you come sit down. | -还给我 -你们坐下来 我就教你们游戏策略 |
[14:31] | – Always choose yellow… – Give it back! | -永远选黄色 -还给我 |
[14:32] | …if you want to win. | 如果你想赢的话 |
[14:33] | Aren’t you tired yet? | 你们不累吗 |
[14:37] | Were you scared when your mom died? | 你妈妈去世的时候 你害怕吗 |
[14:44] | Yeah, I’m — I-I was. | 害怕 |
[14:46] | I was — I-I was a lot of things. | 我有过很多情绪 |
[14:49] | I was scared when I thought my mom was dying. | 我以为我妈妈快死时 我也很害怕 |
[14:52] | Yeah, I was, too. | 我也是 |
[14:54] | But thankfully, she’s here now. | 不过幸好她还在 |
[14:56] | She’s okay. | 她没事 |
[14:57] | Yeah, but I’m… | 没错 但我… |
[14:59] | still scared. | 我还是很害怕 |
[15:01] | Yeah, I understand that. But you know what? | 我能理解 但你知道吗 |
[15:03] | I think all we can do… | 我觉得我们能做的 |
[15:05] | is try to take advantage of the time we have now | 就是抓住当下 |
[15:09] | – with the people we love. – It’s mine! It’s mine! | -珍惜我们爱的人 -是我的 |
[15:10] | – Give me it! – It’s mine! Stop! | -还给我 -这是我的 住手 |
[15:13] | – Oh. Uh-oh, okay. – Oh, God. | -不好 -天啊 |
[15:15] | What happened? What, what, what, what, what? | 怎么了 怎么怎么 |
[15:16] | What happened? What happened? | 怎么回事 怎么了 |
[15:18] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[15:19] | Ooh, okay. | 没事的 |
[15:23] | I swear, I was gonna tell you. | 我发誓 我打算告诉你的 |
[15:24] | – When? – Soon? | -什么时候 -不久以后 |
[15:25] | I knew you were gonna do this. | 我就知道你会这样 |
[15:26] | I knew you were gonna be you and freak out. | 我知道你会像现在这样大惊小怪 |
[15:28] | I’m sorry. How am I supposed to react to the news | 不好意思 你都要辍学了 |
[15:30] | you’re dropping out of college? | 我应该是什么态度呢 |
[15:31] | I’m taking time off. | 我只是休息一下 |
[15:33] | Charlotte, you have two years left. | 夏洛特 你只剩两年就毕业了 |
[15:34] | I want to travel now. | 我想现在就去旅行 |
[15:36] | You finish, then you travel the world. | 你可以大学毕业 然后再去环游世界 |
[15:37] | – That’s how it works. – The world really is the best classroom. | -应该是这个顺序 -世界是最好的教室 |
[15:40] | Dude. Please? | 伙计 拜托 |
[15:41] | He’s not entirely wrong. | 他说的也不是全错 |
[15:42] | – Are you serious? – Will you just listen? | -你是认真的吗 -你能听我说完吗 |
[15:45] | Silver and I want to elevate ourselves, | 西尔弗和我想提升自己 |
[15:47] | and Costa Rica’s all about wellness — | 哥斯达黎加很注重健康 |
[15:49] | I’m planning some sweet meditation workshops. | 我在计划做冥想工坊 |
[15:50] | Man, you’ve got to stop talking. | 你该闭嘴了 |
[15:52] | We’re gonna stay in an eco-lodge and be surrounded by nature. | 我们会住在生态小屋里 享受自然 |
[15:55] | Are you hearing yourself, or am I the only one that thinks | 你听到自己在说什么吗 还是只有我觉得 |
[15:57] | this sounds ridiculous? | 这听起来很荒谬 |
[15:58] | Please, help me out here. | 拜托 帮我评评理 |
[16:01] | – Wow, thank you. – You know what? | -真是谢谢你了 -你知道吗 |
[16:03] | – It’s not your decision to make. – How you gonna pay for it? | -这是我自己的决定 -你哪来的钱 |
[16:05] | I have money saved, and we’re gonna make some more | 我有存款 我们也会赚钱 |
[16:07] | with Silver’s…workshops. | 靠西尔弗的工坊 |
[16:09] | – They’re pay-what-you-can. – That sounds about right. | -那些是自愿给钱 -听起来是你的风格 |
[16:12] | So, what happens when you change your mind | 万一你改变主意 |
[16:13] | about the eco-lodge and your soul mate? | 不想住生态小屋 不想和你的灵魂伴侣旅行了呢 |
[16:15] | You know, when Silver here turns to Bronze. | 等到西尔弗[银]变成布朗兹[铜]了呢 |
[16:17] | You’re gonna be stuck in Costa Rica with no money. | 你只能呆在哥斯达黎加 身无分文 |
[16:19] | Who you gonna call then, huh? | 到时候你给谁打电话 |
[16:21] | Not you. | 肯定不是你 |
[16:22] | I’m the only one you cancall! | 你只能来找我了 |
[16:29] | I think this steak’s Wagyu. | 我觉得这是和牛牛排吧 |
[16:33] | – An afterlife? Really? – You seem surprised. | -来世 你认真的吗 -你看上去很惊讶 |
[16:36] | ‘Cause you’re a neuroscientist. | 因为你是个脑神经科学家 |
[16:37] | Who doesn’t believe this is all there is. | 我不相信生命只有这一段 |
[16:39] | I think that this life is part of one long journey. | 我认为这辈子只是漫长人生中的一段 |
[16:42] | I don’t think I want to keep living life after life. | 我不想有下辈子了 |
[16:45] | It sounds exhausting. | 听上去很累 |
[16:46] | Well, I’d like to think we do better each time. | 我认为来世会比现在更好 |
[16:48] | So, the next one will be decent? | 所以 你的下辈子会更好吗 |
[16:52] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[16:53] | So, to temper your expectations… | 为了降低一下你的期待 |
[16:57] | the band is okay. | 乐队只是还行 |
[16:59] | The vibe is good. | 但氛围不错 |
[17:00] | I would listen to bad karaoke right now. | 唱的不好我现在也想听 |
[17:03] | – Can you watch my Coke? – Mm-hmm. | -你能看着我的可乐吗 -好的 |
[17:09] | All right, guys. | 来吧 |
[17:17] | *You been causing me trouble and keeping me up* | *你不停地惹麻烦 让我夜不能寐* |
[17:24] | *Throw your rock at my window* | *朝我的窗户扔石头* |
[17:26] | *I’m calling your bluff* | *我说你在虚张声势* |
[17:30] | *An eye for an eye doesn’t seem too unfair* | *以牙还牙似乎还是公平的* |
[17:33] | *If you stare long enough* | *如果你盯着我足够久的话* |
[17:36] | *Keep your hands off my phone and I’ll leave you alone* | *不要动我的手机 我就不会来找你* |
[17:39] | *Do you miss me or what? | *你想念我了吗* |
[17:47] | *And when the night comes, I hope I’m causin’ you trouble* | *等夜晚降临 我希望给你带来麻烦* |
[17:53] | *And when the night comes, I hope I’m keepin’ you up* | *等夜晚降临时 我希望能让你夜不能寐* |
[17:59] | *And when the night comes, I hope I’m causin’ you troubl | *等夜晚降临时 我希望给你带来麻烦* |
[18:05] | *And keepin’ you, and keepin’ you up* | *让你夜不能寐 夜不能寐* |
[19:15] | I used to be Charlotte. | 我曾经也像夏洛特一样 |
[19:18] | I had pink hair, traveled all over Europe. | 我染粉色的头发 去欧洲各地旅游 |
[19:22] | I had soul mates that were fun. | 找到了有趣的灵魂伴侣 |
[19:27] | – That supposed to make me feel better? – Maybe. | -你说这些是想让我好受点吗 -或许吧 |
[19:29] | I’m just saying, things worked out okay for me. | 我只想说 我现在过得很好啊 |
[19:31] | When I thought I was dying, | 在我以为自己要死了的时候 |
[19:32] | what did I ask you to do for Charlotte? | 我让你帮我替夏洛特做什么事 |
[19:34] | To make sure she got an education. | 确保她好好上学 |
[19:35] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[19:38] | Then you should know this isn’t really up for discussion. | 那就该知道这没得商量 |
[19:39] | Because of your sister? | 因为你妹妹 |
[19:40] | I’m not gonna talk about my sister right now. | 我现在不想谈我妹妹 |
[19:43] | If you keep trying to control her, you… | 如果你一直试着控制她 你… |
[19:46] | you will lose her. | 你会失去她 |
[19:49] | You have to find a way to let her be who she is. | 你得想办法放手 让她自己成长 |
[19:52] | That’s the one thing I do know about being a 20-year-old woman. | 我非常了解20岁女性的心理 |
[19:55] | It’s hard. I get it. | 很难放手 我懂 |
[19:56] | No, you do not get it. | 不 你不懂 |
[19:58] | You had a mother who was a surgical genius. | 你的母亲是外科手术天才 |
[20:00] | She had a woman who couldn’t recognize her 9 times out of 10. | 她的母亲10回 有9回认不出她 |
[20:04] | She’s genetically programmed to make huge mistakes, | 她携带着犯大错的基因 |
[20:06] | and I’ve spent the last 10 years trying | 过去十年里 |
[20:07] | to make sure that that does not happen. | 我都在确保她不犯错 |
[20:09] | So, no, you do not get it. | 所以 你不懂 |
[20:27] | She pushed me into the fireplace. | 她把我推进壁炉里 |
[20:28] | – Ellis! – He pushed me first! | -爱丽丝 -他先推我的 |
[20:31] | – He’s my bear. – No, it’s mine! | -这是我的熊 -是我的 |
[20:33] | – No, give me it! Stop! – Give me! | -给我 别抢了 -给我 |
[20:35] | Hey, we want Aunt Maggie to stay asleep | 我们不要吵醒麦琪阿姨 |
[20:36] | so she doesn’t see the blood on the carpet, okay? | 让她别看到地毯上的血 好吗 |
[20:38] | – How much blood is there? – Barely any. | -有多少血 -几乎没有 |
[20:40] | And I told you not to run in the house. | 我跟你说了别在房子里跑 |
[20:42] | You always run in the house. | 你总是在房子里跑 |
[20:44] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[20:46] | We are gonna play emergency room. | 我们来玩”急诊室”吧 |
[20:48] | – Is that a game? – Yeah. | -是游戏吗 -对 |
[20:50] | It’s an exciting one, too. | 还是个很刺激的游戏 |
[20:51] | – Can I play? – You’re our patient. | -我能玩吗 -你当我们的病人 |
[20:53] | And, Zola, you’re my resident, | 佐拉 你当我的住院医生 |
[20:55] | so you will assist me with the surgery. | 所以 你得协助我做手术 |
[20:57] | Will you prepare the antiseptic? | 你能准备消毒剂吗 |
[20:59] | – Surgery? – It’s like a play surgery. | -手术 -是玩做手术的游戏 |
[21:01] | You know, like, pretend. It’s make-believe. | 假装的 想象出来的 |
[21:02] | – It’ll be fun. – Here you go. | -会很好玩的 -给你 |
[21:04] | Thank you, Dr. Grey-Shepherd. | 谢谢 格蕾-谢博德医生 |
[21:05] | You’re welcome, Dr. Ndugu. | 不用客气 恩都古医生 |
[21:07] | We’re going to clean the cut first, | 我们先清理伤口 |
[21:08] | and then we’re going to apply gauze | 然后敷上纱布 |
[21:10] | to protect the skin and help with healing. | 保护皮肤 帮助愈合 |
[21:22] | *Hush, little baby, don’t say a word* | *嘘 小宝贝 别说话* |
[21:25] | *Papa’s gonna buy you a mockingbird* | *爸爸给你买只小八哥* |
[21:28] | Did you ever think about me? | 你考虑过我吗 |
[21:29] | *And if that mockingbird don’t sing* | *如果小八哥不唱歌* |
[21:31] | – Or did you ever try to contact me… -*Papa’s gonna buy you…* | -你试过联系我吗… -*爸爸给你买只…* |
[21:32] | – …or want to contact me?-*A diamond ring* | -或你想联系我吗 -*钻戒* |
[21:34] | -*And if that diamond ring…* – Stop singing, please. | -*如果钻戒…* -别唱了 拜托 |
[21:38] | “I used to be so unsure of myself. | 我曾非常怀疑自我 |
[21:39] | I constantly listened to everyone else — | 我不断听从其他人的意见 |
[21:41] | advisors, attendings, even other residents — | 指导教授 主治医生 甚至其他住院医生 |
[21:43] | but I never listened to the voice inside. | 但我从没听从过我内心的声音 |
[21:45] | – To what I wanted.” – Is that why you gave me up? | -听听我想要什么 -所以你放弃我了吗 |
[21:47] | “I didn’t even want to go into general surgery initially. | 我原本甚至不想从事普通外科 |
[21:49] | I wanted to do cardio, but I talked myself out of it. | 我本想从事心胸科 但我劝阻了自己 |
[21:53] | I forced myself out of it.” | 我强迫自己打消念头 |
[21:54] | You wanted to go into cardio? | 你曾经想从事心胸科 |
[21:56] | “I would have been extraordinary.” | 我本可以十分出色 |
[21:57] | I am extraordinary! | 我现在就很出色 |
[21:59] | I went into cardio. | 我进了心外科 |
[22:00] | Ellis, is that because of you? | 爱丽丝 是因为你吗 |
[22:01] | How should I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[22:03] | Because… | 因为… |
[22:05] | I a-am your daughter. | 我是你女儿 |
[22:06] | I… | 我… |
[22:08] | Please, look at me! Please! | 请看着我 拜托了 |
[22:10] | Please! See me! Please! | 求你 看我 |
[22:12] | “Regrets are useless, though. | 但后悔是无用的 |
[22:13] | They make you weak. | 会让人软弱 |
[22:14] | Always pining for something out of your control. | 总是会让事态发展超出你的掌控 |
[22:16] | That’s why I became a remarkable surgeon — | 我之所以成为了优秀的外科医生 |
[22:18] | because I never let the inconsequential | 是因为我从不让无关紧要的事物 |
[22:20] | get in my way.” | 阻挡我 |
[22:23] | I was inconsequential? | 我无关紧要 |
[22:24] | Margaret, would you stop interrupting? | 玛格丽特 你能别打断我了吗 |
[22:49] | Your sister’s kids are cute. | 你姐姐的孩子很可爱 |
[22:50] | Yeah, they’re adorable. | 是啊 他们很讨人喜欢 |
[22:52] | Pb&j? | 来个花生酱三明治吗 |
[22:53] | Yeah! | 好耶 |
[22:57] | Did you ever feel the kid and marriage pressure? | 你受到过来自长辈对于孩子和婚姻的压力吗 |
[23:00] | Mm, my grandmother guilts me every Thanksgiving. | 每个感恩节我奶奶都拿这些事让我愧疚 |
[23:03] | She’s not getting any younger. | 她在一年年老去 |
[23:06] | So, plants? | 所以你就养植物吗 |
[23:08] | Yeah, mm-hmm. | 是啊 |
[23:09] | This is Ringo. | 这是林戈 |
[23:12] | Makes sense. | 名副其实 |
[23:13] | And this is Janis. | 这是詹尼斯 |
[23:18] | And that is Tina. | 那是蒂娜 |
[23:22] | I actually love kids. | 我其实很喜欢孩子 |
[23:24] | So much that I don’t want any. | 太喜欢了 所以不想养 |
[23:29] | Being a parent is hard, as you know. | 你知道 当父母很难 |
[23:32] | Don’t touch. | 别碰 |
[23:33] | You are responsible for another person’s everything. | 得为另一个人的所有事负责 |
[23:35] | Shaping their perspective and worldview. | 塑造他们的看待事物的观点和世界观 |
[23:38] | Trying to keep them alive | 想办法让他们活着 |
[23:39] | and help them be a decent human being. | 帮助他们成长为像样的大人 |
[23:41] | All the while, figuring out your own stuff. | 同时还得解决自己遇到的困难 |
[23:44] | Well, yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:46] | But there’s a lot of love | 但你会收获很多爱 |
[23:47] | that kind of comes in to balance all of that. | 会让你觉得一切辛苦都值得 |
[23:50] | I love. | 我爱 |
[23:52] | I love my plants. | 我爱我的植物 |
[24:07] | – Oh, hi. – Oh, sorry. | -你好 -对不起 |
[24:08] | I thought Silver was in here. | 我以为西尔弗在这里 |
[24:09] | No, he went outside, I think. | 不 我想他在外面 |
[24:11] | He said something about needing a “Pipe.” | 他说需要”抽一管” |
[24:15] | Look, I know we just met, | 听着 我知道我们只是初识 |
[24:17] | but, uh, would you mind talking to my uncle for me? | 但你能帮跟我舅舅谈谈吗 |
[24:19] | Since you’ve probably got some sway with him right now. | 鉴于你现在或许可以说动他 |
[24:21] | Charlotte, you remind me so much of myself. | 夏洛特 你让我想起了自己 |
[24:26] | Except you’re a lot braver than I was. | 只是你比我当年更勇敢 |
[24:30] | I thought I was rebelling against my mother. | 我以为我当时在反叛我妈 |
[24:32] | In actuality, I was doing exactly what she wanted me to do. | 实际上 我完全按照她希望的那样在做 |
[24:36] | I’m not rebelling. | 我不是叛逆 |
[24:39] | – Are you sure? – Yes. | -你确定吗 -对 |
[24:41] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 是的 我很确定 |
[24:42] | I just — I don’t know. | 我只是…说不好 |
[24:44] | I want something new, different. | 我想要些全新 不同的东西 |
[24:48] | – Change. -Yeah. | -改变 -是的 |
[24:50] | The last two years were not what I expected, | 过去两年与我想象的完全不同 |
[24:52] | and I’ve been thinking about, you know, | 我一直在思考 |
[24:54] | the way I want to live my life, | 我想要以何种方式生活 |
[24:55] | and maybe it’s not like other people | 也许和其他人的不一样 |
[24:58] | or like how my uncle wants me to. | 或不像我舅舅希望我的那样 |
[25:00] | You know he means well. | 你知道他是出于好意 |
[25:02] | He is so worried about me becoming my mother | 他太担心我会变成我妈那样 |
[25:04] | that he doesn’t see, you know, who I’m actually becoming. | 以致于他看不到我现在真正的样子 |
[25:11] | Very hard to live outside the shadow of your parents. | 人很难生活在父母的阴影之外 |
[25:13] | Yeah, well, he’s making it harder. | 对 他让事情变得更难了 |
[25:14] | It’s always been his way or no way. | 永远得听他的 否则就休想 |
[25:17] | You’ll see that — eventually. | 你总有一天会看到的 |
[25:21] | Will you talk to him? | 你愿和他聊聊吗 |
[25:26] | You can. | 你可以自己说 |
[25:29] | You can. | 你可以的 |
[25:37] | “I stopped doing what was expected of me after Richard. | 在理查德后 我不再做人们期望我做的事 |
[25:41] | I started doing what was best for me, and only me.” | 我开始做只对我自己最有利的事 |
[25:45] | Now, I’m not judging you for giving me up. | 我不是责怪你抛弃我 |
[25:47] | I just feel like you’re ashamed of me. | 我只是觉得你以我为耻 |
[25:49] | I’m the child of an affair with a married man | 我是你与一个没选择你的已婚男人 |
[25:51] | who didn’t choose you. | 婚外情生出的孩子 |
[25:54] | Tell me I’m wrong. | 告诉我 我错了 |
[25:56] | “The first time I met Bill and Diane, | 第一次遇见比尔和黛安时 |
[25:57] | I was so nervous that they would judge me. | 我非常紧张 害怕他们会对我评头论足 |
[25:59] | But it was nothing like that. | 但事情并不是那样 |
[26:00] | They we really kind, loving, hardworking people | 他们是非常善良 有爱和勤奋的人 |
[26:03] | who really wanted a child.” | 真的想要一个孩子 |
[26:06] | You chose my parents? | 你选择了我的父母吗 |
[26:08] | “I knew you were going to be in good hands. | 我知道他们会好好对待你 |
[26:10] | They were my first choice. | 他们是我的首选 |
[26:12] | I just knew.” | 我知道 |
[26:14] | “They asked if I wanted the occasional update | 他们问我是否想偶尔了解 |
[26:17] | about how you were doing.” | 你的最新情况 |
[26:18] | – They did? – “Of course, I declined.” | -他们这么问吗 -我当然拒绝了 |
[26:20] | – You declined? – Hmm. | -你拒绝了吗 -是的 |
[26:22] | I’m not a dinner invitation, Ellis. | 我不是晚宴请柬 爱丽丝 |
[26:28] | You declined? | 你居然拒绝了 |
[26:29] | You weren’t the least bit curious about me? | 你对我一点都不好奇吗 |
[26:32] | You’re the one who thinks | 你是那种认为 |
[26:32] | that everything you touch is extraordinary. | 你触碰到的一切都非同寻常的人 |
[26:34] | Didn’t want to see if I fit the bill? | 你就不想看看我是否符合要求吗 |
[26:36] | No, no, no. Look at me, Ellis. | 不不不 看着我 爱丽丝 |
[26:38] | You don’t get to avoid me now. | 你现在不许回避我 |
[26:41] | – Look at me! – What do you want me to say?! | -看着我 -你希望我说什么 |
[26:42] | That I wish it was different? | 说我原本不希望这样吗 |
[26:43] | That I wish that you and Meredith and me and Richard | 说我希望你 梅瑞狄斯 我和理查德 |
[26:46] | could have been one big, happy family? | 能成为一个快乐的大家庭吗 |
[26:48] | Well, that was a childish fantasy. | 这是个幼稚的幻想 |
[26:50] | It was never gonna happen! | 永远不会这样 |
[26:51] | I — I’m here. | 我 我在这里 |
[26:53] | Living every day in the shadow of the great Ellis Grey. | 每天生活在伟大爱丽丝·格蕾的阴影之下 |
[26:56] | Her living and breathing and walking and talking mistake, | 生活在她的生活 呼吸 走路和说话错误中 |
[26:58] | the one who wasn’t good enough to be approved. | 这个人根本不够好 不值得被赞扬 |
[27:00] | You don’t know how hard it was for me. | 你不知道我那时有多难 |
[27:02] | But I picked up the pieces, and I moved on. | 但我振作起来 开始新生活 |
[27:05] | And I did it — on my own. | 我做到了 靠我自己 |
[27:06] | And I spent every day | 我每天都在想 |
[27:09] | wondering why I wasn’t worthy. | 为什么我不值得 |
[27:10] | Didn’t you ever think about how I might feel? | 你有没有考虑过我的感受 |
[27:12] | I made a decision, and I stood by it. | 我做了决定 就会坚持到底 |
[27:14] | That decision not to see you I do not regret one bit. | 我一点都不后悔不再见你的这个决定 |
[27:17] | That decision I am proud of! | 我很自豪这个决定 |
[27:33] | Baby, hey. | 亲爱的 |
[27:35] | What happened? What’s going on? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[27:36] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[27:37] | That woman — | 那个女人… |
[27:40] | She’s awful. She — | 实在太可怕 她… |
[27:43] | She was exactly how Meredith described her. | 她和梅瑞狄斯形容的一模一样 |
[27:46] | I don’t think I’m gonna finish the letter. | 我觉得我没法读完这封信了 |
[27:49] | Then don’t. | 那就不读 |
[27:51] | And know that… | 记住 |
[27:54] | whatever it says does not change | 无论信上写什么 都无法改变 |
[27:56] | the amazing person that you are. | 你是个超棒的人 |
[28:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[28:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:05] | I just wish I didn’t need her to know that. | 我只是希望我不需要让她知道 |
[28:11] | Come here. | 过来 |
[28:19] | Finishing school is gonna give you more options. | 读完大学会让你有更多选择 |
[28:22] | It’s something most people do not have. | 这是大多数人没有的奢侈 |
[28:23] | – Most people — You’re talking about Mom? – Yes. | -大多数人 你在说我妈吧 -对 |
[28:25] | Your mom could have had options, but she threw them all away. | 你妈本有许多选择的 但她全都丢掉了 |
[28:28] | She made the same mistake over and over and over again. | 她一次次地犯同样的错误 |
[28:31] | – I know. I was there. – Then act like it! | -我知道 我在场 -那就像样点 |
[28:33] | I’m not her! | 我不是她 |
[28:34] | – Oh, my- – Wait, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Please, stop. | -我的天 -等等 你等等 停下 |
[28:36] | Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop. No, no. | 停停停 停下 不 不 |
[28:37] | Stop, stop, stop. I-i-i — | 停下 我… |
[28:40] | Look, I just want what’s best for you, okay? | 我只是想给你最好的 好吗 |
[28:42] | Based on what you want, not what I want. | 根据你想要的 不是我想要的 |
[28:44] | No, based on a lot of life experience. | 不 是根据很多人生经验 |
[28:46] | You know, most people aren’t like you. | 你知道吗 大部分人和你不一样 |
[28:47] | Not everyone wakes up one day and immediately knows | 不是每个人某天醒来就马上知道 |
[28:49] | what they want to do. | 他们想要做什么 |
[28:52] | I need to figure some stuff out by myself. | 我需要靠自己搞清楚一些事情 |
[28:55] | Why can’t that be okay? | 为什么那样不行 |
[28:59] | I just… | 我只是… |
[29:03] | I don’t want you to have to struggle. | 我不想让你经历挣扎 |
[29:05] | Will you give yourself some more credit? | 你能不能自信一点 |
[29:07] | Have you ever had to bail me out of jail? | 你从监狱里把我保释出来过吗 |
[29:09] | Or, like, pick me up off the side of the road? | 或者 在路边接过我 |
[29:12] | Or — I don’t know, take pills out of my hand? | 再或者 把药片从我手上拿走 |
[29:15] | – No. – Because you did your job. | -没有过 -因为你尽职尽责 |
[29:18] | I’m okay, and it’s because of you | 我没事的 是因为你 |
[29:21] | that I can even think about traveling the world. | 我甚至能有环游世界的想法 |
[29:26] | I will go back to school. I promise. | 我会继续上学 我保证 |
[29:31] | I’ll make sure that I have options. | 我会确保自己有选择 |
[29:33] | But in order for me to do that, | 但为了我做到这些 |
[29:34] | you have to stop trying to dictate my every move. | 你得停止指挥我的每一步 |
[29:38] | You have to let me mess up | 你要让我搞砸 |
[29:41] | and, like, change my mind a few times. | 改变几次自己的主意 |
[29:45] | – And if I do drugs… – Charlotte. | -如果我碰毒品… -夏洛特 |
[29:48] | …they will be plant-based, okay? | 会是植物类的 好吗 |
[29:52] | So calm down. | 所以冷静下来 |
[30:28] | “I do have one regret.” | 我确实有一个遗憾 |
[30:31] | Please, go. | 你快走吧 |
[30:32] | “I do wish that you and Meredith could have met. | 我希望你和梅瑞狄斯见面 |
[30:34] | She could have used a sister. | 她会需要你这个妹妹 |
[30:37] | She’s so much like me. | 她和我太像了 |
[30:39] | Stubborn, singular-focused. | 固执 非常专注 |
[30:41] | I have a feeling you would have been a good influence on her.” | 我感觉你会给她带去好的影响 |
[30:45] | True sisters. | 真正的姐妹 |
[30:49] | We are. | 我们的确是 |
[30:53] | I wasn’t the best mother to Meredith. | 我不是梅瑞狄斯最好的母亲 |
[30:55] | I had high expectations | 我有很高的期待 |
[30:57] | which she couldn’t always reach. | 但她不能经常达标 |
[31:02] | But I did my best with you, | 但对你我尽力做到最好 |
[31:05] | by giving you away. | 把你送去寄养 |
[31:08] | I knew you would be better off with Bill and Diane. | 我知道你同比尔和黛安一起生活会更好 |
[31:12] | I was. | 没错 |
[31:34] | Hey, my baby. | 嘿 我的宝贝 |
[31:37] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[31:44] | Okay. | 好了 |
[32:08] | When did you get into music? | 你是什么时候接触音乐的 |
[32:11] | – A few years ago. – Really? | -几年前 -真的吗 |
[32:12] | You looked like you’d been playing since you were a kid. | 你看起来像从小就学过 |
[32:15] | It started as a dare, actually. | 实际上是从一次挑战开始 |
[32:17] | My friend took me to an Open Mic Night, | 我朋友带我去开麦之夜 |
[32:19] | certain it would cure my hatred of public speaking. | 确信这会治好我对公众演讲的憎恶 |
[32:22] | Didn’t work. | 没效果 |
[32:24] | Clearly. | 显然 |
[32:24] | No, still hate it, but performing is different. | 确实 还是讨厌 但表演就不同了 |
[32:27] | It’s like this deep part of myself | 它像是我自己深处的一部分 |
[32:30] | that doesn’t get to come out often… | 并不经常出现 |
[32:33] | gets to be a rock star. | 有机会成为一名摇滚明星 |
[32:36] | You’re real carefree on stage. | 你在舞台上真是无忧无虑 |
[32:38] | I am. | 确实是 |
[32:39] | And self-assured. | 还自信十足 |
[32:43] | Just when I feel like I’m figuring my stuff out… | 就在我以为自己已经搞懂了生活时 |
[32:46] | …life lifes. | 出现了对生活更明确的人 |
[32:48] | Why do you pretend like you’re not a rock star yourself? | 为什么你假装自己不是一个摇滚明星呢 |
[32:53] | Thank you for flattering me. | 谢谢你的恭维 |
[32:55] | No, I-I’m wondering. | 不是的 我好奇 |
[32:57] | Why do you self-deprecate? | 你为什么自我贬低 |
[32:59] | You’re more than that. | 你远不是那样 |
[33:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:11] | I guess… | 我猜… |
[33:13] | it’s kind of become my shield of armor. | 某种程度上是我的防护盾牌 |
[33:16] | Protection. | 保护 |
[33:17] | From what? | 保护什么 |
[33:20] | From fully loving every part of me. | 保护我不要爱所有自己 |
[33:24] | ‘Cause if I do, then… | 因为如果我这样做 那么… |
[33:28] | I deserve a love that does the same. | 我值得其他人也那样爱我 |
[33:30] | It took me a long time to embrace all of who I am. | 我花了很长时间接纳自我 |
[33:33] | So, outside love is like icing. | 外在的爱就像糖衣 |
[33:40] | I don’t even think I know all of who I am. | 我甚至不觉得我完全了解自己 |
[33:44] | Well, I’m excited to get to know all of who you are. | 我很乐意去了解完整的你 |
[33:52] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[33:58] | You sure you two don’t wanna come? | 你确定你们两个不想一起来吗 |
[33:59] | Should be a sick full moon ceremony. | 应该会有个很酷的满月仪式 |
[34:01] | Meredith? Sick full moon? | 梅瑞狄斯 超酷的满月仪式感兴趣吗 |
[34:03] | – I’m good. – We’ll pass. | -不用了 -我们就不去了 |
[34:04] | It was nice meeting you. | 见到你很开心 |
[34:05] | I’m glad my uncle has someone else to worry about. | 我很高兴舅舅有其他可关心的人 |
[34:07] | Have a great time in Costa Rica. | 祝你们在哥斯达黎加玩的开心 |
[34:09] | We will. | 我们会的 |
[34:11] | – So, next weekend, yes?- Yes, yes, yes. | -下个星期 是吗 -对对对 |
[34:13] | I will come, and I’ll give you all the deets about our trip. | 我会来 我会告诉我旅行的一切细节 |
[34:15] | You know, coordinates, flights, the trees I’ll be touching. | 坐标 航班 我要碰的树 |
[34:18] | Okay. Goodbye. | 好吧 再见 |
[34:30] | I’m sorry our weekend got ruined. | 我很抱歉毁掉了我们周末 |
[34:33] | No, these are our lives. | 不 这就是我们的生活 |
[34:36] | There’s no need to apologize for them. | 没必要因为他们而道歉 |
[34:45] | I’m not used to help. | 我不习惯有人帮忙 |
[34:48] | Someone else’s opinion. | 别人给我意见 |
[34:49] | Well, if you know anything about me, | 但凡你了解我的为人 |
[34:50] | you’ll have to get used to it. | 你就得习惯这一点 |
[34:51] | Well, yeah, that’s not easy for me. | 对我来说确实很难 |
[34:53] | I mean, how would you feel if I was trying | 要是你的妹妹遇上这种情况 |
[34:54] | to give you help when it comes to your sisters? | 我施以援手 你会作何感想 |
[34:56] | I wouldn’t like it, | 我不会喜欢的 |
[34:57] | and I would tell you you were wrong. | 而且我会说你错了 |
[34:59] | Well, then, we’re gonna have to get used to it. | 那我们必须得适应这一切 |
[35:06] | Charlotte’s a great girl. | 夏洛特是个好姑娘 |
[35:09] | You did a really good job. | 你是个好家长 |
[35:10] | The weird thing is, | 奇怪的是 |
[35:11] | is I don’t want her to end up like me, either. | 我也不想让她重蹈我的覆辙 |
[35:14] | So rigid one day, she wakes up | 固执倔强 有一天她醒来 |
[35:16] | and wants to rethink everything. | 想要反思一切 |
[35:18] | Is that what you’re doing? | 你现在是这样吗 |
[35:19] | I chose a career | 我选择的这个职业 |
[35:20] | where saving one life means losing another, | 拯救一个人意味着另一个人就会死掉 |
[35:22] | and every case feels harder than the last. | 每一次都比上次更煎熬 |
[35:25] | Are you thinking about quitting? | 你想要放弃吗 |
[35:27] | No. | 没有 |
[35:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:32] | I don’t — I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:38] | You know, Hamilton thinks that I took the Parkinson’s project | 汉密尔顿觉得我接下帕金森症的项目 |
[35:40] | because I’m really trying to cure Alzheimer’s. | 是因为我想努力治好阿尔兹海默症 |
[35:43] | – Is that true? – I don’t know. | -是这样吗 -我不知道 |
[35:45] | But I also don’t know if I can just go back | 我也不知道自己还能否回到 |
[35:47] | to Grey-Sloan and be Chief of General anymore. | 格蕾-斯隆纪念医院继续当外科主任 |
[36:00] | You know, I think today, you saw that I’m not the, um — | 我觉得今天你见我不是… |
[36:03] | I’m not the most, uh… | 我不是最… |
[36:07] | Patient? | 耐心吗 |
[36:09] | Yeah, that’s it. | 没错 |
[36:11] | Who is patient when it comes to their family? | 遇到自己家人的事 谁还能耐心 |
[36:17] | Not me. | 我也不会 |
[36:22] | I also have a temper. | 我也有脾气的 |
[36:23] | – You have a temper? – Yeah. | -你还有脾气 -当然 |
[36:24] | Well, I don’t believe it. | 我可不信 |
[36:30] | I threw a retractor once. Yeah. | 我曾经摔过一把牵开器 |
[36:34] | About eight years ago, after losing a patient, I — | 大约八年前 在我没能救回一个病人之后 |
[36:38] | I didn’t hit anyone, but I-I think about it | 我没伤到人 但我大约 |
[36:41] | about once a day. | 每天回想一遍 |
[36:43] | I also have a very hard time trusting people. | 我也很难相信别人 |
[36:46] | And if you sell insurance or you don’t like dogs, | 如果你是卖保险的 或者不喜欢狗 |
[36:48] | you’re dead to me. | 你就完蛋了 |
[36:50] | Well, agreed on that. | 这点我也同意 |
[36:55] | I just — | 我只是 |
[36:57] | When I’m falling in love, I-i-i — | 当我陷入爱河时 我 |
[37:01] | I mean, it scares me | 我很害怕 |
[37:02] | because I’ve done it very rarely in my life. | 因为我这辈子几乎没爱过 |
[37:07] | I just don’t love the feeling of losing control. | 我只是不喜欢失控的感觉 |
[37:09] | When you’re falling in love? | 当你陷入爱河吗 |
[37:13] | Yeah, when I’m falling in love. | 没错 当我陷入爱河 |
[37:49] | – There you go! – Thank you. | -这是你的 -谢谢 |
[37:51] | Is Aunt Maggie okay? | 麦琪阿姨还好吗 |
[37:52] | Yeah. | 很好 |
[37:54] | She’s all right. | 她很好 |
[37:59] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[38:01] | Do you think my birth mother thinks about me? | 你觉得我的生母会想起我吗 |
[38:07] | Do you think about her? | 你会想起她吗 |
[38:08] | I wonder about her, but I feel bad about it. | 我想知道她的近况 但我对此内疚 |
[38:12] | I don’t want to make my mom sad. | 我不想让我妈伤心 |
[38:14] | I think it’s normal to wonder where we came from | 我觉得这很正常 好奇我们从哪来 |
[38:16] | and why we are the way we are. | 我们为什么是这样的人 |
[38:18] | And we can — | 我们对此 |
[38:19] | we can have different feelings about it. | 我们对此可以有不同的感受 |
[38:23] | Growing up, I didn’t like being around my dad | 成长的过程中 我不喜欢待在我爸身边 |
[38:25] | because of some of the decisions he made. | 就因为他做的一些决定令我不爽 |
[38:27] | But my mom — | 但我的妈妈 |
[38:30] | she was my hero. | 她就是我的英雄 |
[38:33] | So’s mine. | 我妈也是我的英雄 |
[38:50] | You know, you could stay. | 你可以留下来 |
[38:54] | – I can’t. – Why not? | -我不能 -为什么呢 |
[38:55] | Because I’m a mom. | 因为我是个母亲 |
[38:58] | And when I’m here in Minnesota… | 当我在明尼苏达的时候 |
[39:04] | …I miss my son with every cell of my body. | 我身体上的每一个细胞都在想念我的儿子 |
[39:08] | And I hope that part of me doesn’t scare you away, | 我希望那部分的我不会吧你吓跑 |
[39:10] | because it is a part of me that I truly, deeply love. | 因为这部分 是我非常喜爱的自己 |
[39:38] | Who you really are | 你的本质 |
[39:39] | is the result of many, many things. | 是很多个因素综合作用的结果 |
[39:44] | How you deal with fear. | 你怎样面对恐惧 |
[39:50] | Who you surround yourself with. | 你周围都是什么样的人 |
[39:55] | I can’t believe she wrote this. | 我不敢相信她写了这些 |
[39:58] | It doesn’t even seem like her. | 一点都不像她 |
[40:03] | It’s not like she mailed it. | 反正也不是她寄来的 |
[40:05] | She could have forgotten she wrote it. | 她可能都忘了自己写过这些 |
[40:08] | Are you glad you read it? | 你很庆幸你读了吗 |
[40:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:13] | I just… | 我只是 |
[40:15] | …felt like I should. | 觉得我应该读 |
[40:19] | I used to feel like there was something missing, | 我此前一直觉得自己缺失了什么 |
[40:22] | and I just figured it was her. | 我自然而然就以为是她 |
[40:29] | I don’t feel that way anymore. | 我不再这么觉得了 |
[40:45] | And how you show up when it matters. | 以及在关键时刻 你的表现如何 |