时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | From the very first moment, | 从一开始 |
[00:04] | I felt danger there. | 我就觉得那里有危险 |
[00:08] | Who’s out there? | 谁在那儿 |
[00:16] | My family was in danger and all I could do was watch. | 我的家人陷入危险 我却只能干瞪眼 |
[00:20] | When you see something like this, | 你看到这种事 |
[00:21] | a lot of crazy thoughts go through your head. | 会冒出很多疯狂的念头 |
[00:26] | Humans respond to fear in two simple ways: | 人对恐惧的反应有简单的两种 |
[00:29] | fight or flight. | 战或逃 |
[00:47] | Our friends used to tease us | 我们的朋友以前会调笑说 |
[00:49] | that they didn’t like socializing with Matt and I | 他们不喜欢跟我和马特来往 |
[00:51] | because we were too perfect. | 因为我们太完美 |
[00:54] | They’d get in fights in the car | 他们跟我们吃晚饭 |
[00:56] | on the way home from dinner with us because… | 回去的路上会在车里吵架 因为 |
[00:59] | we made them feel like | 我们让他们觉得 |
[01:00] | they weren’t as in love as Matt and I were. | 他们不如我和马特相爱 |
[01:03] | I won a free yoga class at a work raffle. | 我在单位抽奖赢了一堂免费瑜伽课 |
[01:06] | I’m a pharmaceutical salesman. | 我是个医药代表 |
[01:08] | Shelby was the teacher. I… | 谢尔比是老师 |
[01:11] | pulled a hamstring and never took a yoga class again, | 我拉伤了腿筋 从此再没去上过瑜伽课 |
[01:13] | but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. | 但那是我人生中最棒的事 |
[01:16] | Things were going really well. | 一切都很顺利 |
[01:18] | We settled in Los Angeles– | 我们在洛杉矶定居 |
[01:21] | the yoga capital of the world– | 世界的瑜伽中心 |
[01:24] | and… decided to start a family. | 我们决定组建家庭 |
[01:27] | Yeah, we found out that, uh, Shelby was pregnant | 我们发现谢尔比怀孕了 |
[01:30] | on the same day that I got promoted | 那天我也被升职为 |
[01:31] | to West Coast sales manager, | 西岸销售经理 |
[01:33] | so we decided to go out and celebrate both. | 所以我们决定出去 庆祝这两件事 |
[01:40] | That was the worst night of our lives. | 那是我们这辈子最糟糕的一晚 |
[01:43] | – No, no! – It was a gang initiation. | -不 -那是个帮派的入会仪式 |
[01:46] | Game of knockout. | 击昏游戏 |
[01:48] | They had to pick a random person on the street, | 他们要在街上随便找个人 |
[01:50] | sneak up on ’em and… | 偷偷走上去 |
[01:54] | knock ’em out. | 一拳击昏 |
[01:55] | Help! | 救命 |
[01:57] | Help! Somebody, help us! | 救命 来人啊 救救我们 |
[02:04] | I was in a trance | 我在候诊室 |
[02:06] | in the waiting room. | 神思恍惚 |
[02:08] | If I lost Matt… | 如果我失去了马特… |
[02:20] | Mrs. Miller? | 米勒太太吗 |
[02:23] | Is he okay? | 他还好吗 |
[02:25] | His orbital socket is broken. | 他的眼窝骨折 |
[02:28] | He will need surgery once the swelling goes down. | 消肿后需要立刻进行手术手术 |
[02:31] | Our bigger concern is he hasn’t regained consciousness. | 我们更担心的是他还没有恢复意识 |
[02:35] | Well, I need to see him. | 我得去看看他 |
[02:38] | If I’m with him, he’ll wake up. | 如果我在他身边 他会苏醒的 |
[02:40] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[03:18] | I was right. | 我是对的 |
[03:21] | As soon as we touched, | 我们触碰的刹那 |
[03:23] | he started waking up. | 他开始苏醒了 |
[03:25] | That’s just… | 那就是… |
[03:28] | that’s just the kind of connection that we have. | 那就是我们之间的牵绊 |
[03:32] | He was gonna be okay. | 他会没事的 |
[03:34] | But she wasn’t. | 但她有事 |
[03:41] | She lost the baby. | 她失去了宝宝 |
[03:45] | They don’t know if it was the stress | 他们不知道是因为压力 |
[03:46] | or-or, um, being pushed, but… | 还是因为被推倒 但… |
[03:54] | …well she… | 她… |
[03:56] | she lost the baby. | 她失去了宝宝 |
[04:08] | The city just didn’t feel safe anymore. | 城市不再安全了 |
[04:12] | We needed to get out. | 我们得离开了 |
[04:15] | I wanted to go east, to where I grew up. | 我想搬去东部 那是我长大的地方 |
[04:19] | My sister lived there. My mom. | 我姐姐住在那里 还有我妈妈 |
[04:23] | It was home. | 那里是家 |
[04:26] | It’s, um, North Carolina. | 北卡罗莱纳 |
[04:29] | Right near the ocean, but… | 就在海边 但… |
[04:30] | but also full of the most gorgeous native forests. | 但也到处都有最美丽的原始森林 |
[04:36] | It was so quiet and wonderful and calm. | 那里静谧 美好 安宁 |
[04:40] | I think we just both just realized | 我们俩都意识到 |
[04:41] | that at the end of the day, | 说到底 |
[04:43] | we weren’t city folks. | 我们不属于都市 |
[04:46] | We were in the woods, having fun. | 我们在森林里嬉戏 |
[04:51] | It was a perfect day, | 那天非常完美 |
[04:53] | and we found ourselves | 我们发现自己 |
[04:55] | in front of the most beautiful old farm house. | 站在一座最美丽的旧农舍前 |
[05:05] | It was three bedrooms. | 那里有三间卧室 |
[05:07] | And two stories and a basement. | 两层楼还带地下室 |
[05:12] | They told us that it had been built in 1792. | 他们说这楼是1792年建的 |
[05:17] | It was in great shape. | 但感觉维护得很好 |
[05:28] | It felt like it was meant to be. | 感觉这是命中注定 |
[05:30] | Like the universe just wanted us | 像是冥冥中有力量 |
[05:31] | to be there at that moment. | 在那一时刻引领我们到了那里 |
[05:39] | I also thought “There’s no way we can afford that house.” | 我还暗自寻思 “我们肯定买不起这房子” |
[05:43] | Opening bid is $21,000. | 起始价 2万1000 |
[05:46] | What is your bid? | 你出价多少 |
[05:49] | Well, now, that includes the ten acres of forest | 这价钱还包括房子周围 |
[05:51] | around the house. | 十英亩的森林 |
[05:52] | But you can’t build on it. | 但这些林地不能建房子 |
[05:53] | It’s protected. | 都是森林保护用地 |
[05:54] | That seems inexpensive. | 太便宜了吧 |
[05:57] | What’s wrong with the property? | 这房子出过什么问题 |
[05:58] | Hurricanes. | 经历过飓风 |
[06:00] | You don’t want this house. | 你不会想要这房子的 |
[06:03] | We bid $25,000. | 我们出2万5 |
[06:05] | $26,000. | 2万6 |
[06:07] | Do I hear 27? | 有人出价2万7吗 |
[06:09] | We bid $40,000. | 我们出价4万 |
[06:14] | It was almost all of our savings. | 这几乎是我们全部的积蓄 |
[06:16] | It totally turned me on when he did that. | 他出价的时候可让我动心了 |
[06:19] | Going once. | 4万第一次 |
[06:21] | Going twice. | 第二次 |
[06:22] | Sold, $40,000. | 4万 成交 |
[06:24] | Oh, my… | 我的天呐 |
[06:42] | What did we just do? | 我们刚干了什么啊 |
[06:44] | Baby, we just started over. | 亲爱的 我们要重新开始了 |
[06:49] | I loved it. And I loved him, | 我很爱这房子 也很爱他 |
[06:52] | but from the very first moment I felt | 但我从一开始 我就觉得 |
[06:56] | danger there. | 那里有危险 |
[07:21] | From the moment I walked into the house, | 从我第一次踏入这房子起 |
[07:23] | I… I was home. | 就有种回家的感觉 |
[07:26] | I mean, I love the country life… | 我喜欢乡村生活 |
[07:28] | the fresh air, | 新鲜的空气 |
[07:29] | waking up to the sound of the birds singing. | 在清脆的鸟鸣声中醒来 |
[07:31] | If Shelby felt any different, | 如果谢尔比真有什么意见 |
[07:32] | she didn’t say anything out loud, | 她当时也没有说出来 |
[07:34] | but I sensed a-a reluctance. | 但我感觉到她有点不情愿 |
[07:38] | Maybe she missed the city. Maybe my wounds healed quicker. | 也许她怀念城市 也许我伤口恢复得更快 |
[07:42] | They were nothing compared to what she lost: | 这些都无法与她所失去的相比 |
[07:44] | a life inside of her. | 她身体里的一条小生命 |
[08:05] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[08:18] | What the hell was that? | 那是什么 |
[08:21] | Shit! | 该死 |
[08:22] | No, no, no… no, no, no, no. | 别 别 别 |
[08:24] | Matt, please don’t go. | 马特 拜托不要去 |
[08:29] | Matt, please don’t go down there. | 马特 拜托不要下去 |
[08:31] | Just stay here, stay here. | 你就待在这 待在这 |
[08:47] | At first I thought it was a… a raccoon or-or a bear. | 一开始我以为是只浣熊或者是熊 |
[08:51] | But a bear didn’t do this. | 但熊干不出这个 |
[08:54] | Who’s there? | 谁在那 |
[08:56] | Who’s out there? | 谁在那 |
[09:07] | When you see something like that, | 你看到这种事 |
[09:09] | a lot of crazy thoughts go through your head. | 会冒出很多疯狂的念头 |
[09:13] | You think, today, | 你会想 今天 |
[09:15] | prejudice is not going to rear its ugly head. | 种族歧视不会再冒出它丑陋的面孔 |
[09:17] | But… this is the South. | 但这是在南方 |
[09:20] | They just got rid of the Confederate flag. | 他们才刚刚放弃邦联旗帜没多久 |
[09:22] | And with Shelby and I being an interracial couple… | 谢尔比和我正是跨种族夫妇 |
[09:24] | Matt! | 马特 |
[09:25] | This kind of hate is something | 这种厌恶 |
[09:26] | that’s always in the back of my mind. | 一直隐藏在我的脑海深处 |
[09:29] | And then I thought of those hillbillies who lost the auction. | 然后我就想起那些输了竞拍的乡巴佬 |
[09:31] | Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if they were trying | 如果他们想用破坏物品来吧我们吓走的话 |
[09:33] | to scare us away with this kind of vandalism. | 我倒是一点也不惊讶 |
[09:35] | We ran away once, and… | 我们逃离过一次 |
[09:38] | we weren’t gonna be victims again. | 我们不会再做受害者了 |
[09:43] | I had just finished 90 minutes of my practice, | 我刚完成了九十分钟的练习 |
[09:46] | and I had fallen asleep during my Shavasana, so… | 我在平躺放松阶段睡着了 所以 |
[09:50] | I wasn’t quite right with the world. | 我并没有与世界沟通得很好 |
[10:56] | Shelby was literally shaking… | 谢尔比真的一直在抖 |
[10:57] | Hey. You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[10:58] | …when I got back from running errands | 我刚从几英里远的一个小镇 |
[10:59] | in the little town a few miles away. | 跑腿回来 |
[11:16] | Honey, it-it’s just a hailstorm. | 亲爱的 那只是一场冰雹 |
[11:18] | I drove through it on the way home. | 我开车回来的路上也遇到了 |
[11:20] | I know what I saw. | 我知道自己看到了什么 |
[11:23] | It wasn’t ice. | 那不是冰 |
[11:24] | There were human teeth falling everywhere! | 到处下的都是人的牙齿 |
[11:33] | Weather ’round here does take some getting used to. | 这附近的天气还是要过段时间才能适应 |
[11:37] | That’s it. | 仅此而已 |
[11:38] | I felt pretty foolish. | 我觉得自己好傻 |
[11:40] | I mean, teeth don’t fall from the sky. | 毕竟 牙齿不会从天上掉下来 |
[11:44] | Raleigh is only two hours away. | 罗利离这里只有两小时车程 |
[11:47] | WakeMed is one of the busiest hospitals in the state. | 韦克迈德医院是全州最忙碌的医院之一 |
[11:50] | If I land these accounts, I won’t have to be gone so much. | 如果我能搞定这些订单 以后就不用常出差了 |
[11:55] | Babe, I know what I signed up for. | 宝贝 我知道我嫁给了什么人 |
[11:58] | Traveling salesmen travel. | 外勤销售员就是要在外面跑的 |
[12:00] | It’s how we pay the bills. | 我们靠这样来负担家里的开销 |
[12:01] | All these renovations. | 所有这些翻新的工程 |
[12:04] | Even that ugly tie that you’re wearing. | 还有你戴着的那条丑丑的领带 |
[12:10] | It’s my lucky tie. | 这可是我的幸运领带 |
[12:13] | Hey, are you sure you’re gonna be okay? | 你确定你一个人没事吗 |
[12:16] | I can always cancel my trip. | 我随时可以取消出差计划的 |
[12:19] | I’m a big girl. | 我是大姑娘了 |
[12:21] | I’m gonna be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[12:24] | – I’m gonna be fine! – Okay. | -我能行的 -知道啦 |
[12:31] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[12:32] | – Okay. – Well… It’s good. | -好了 -没事的 |
[12:34] | Go. Fine. | 去吧 没事了 |
[12:37] | To tell you the truth, | 老实说 |
[12:39] | I was looking forward to some alone time. | 我很期待能有一些独处的时间 |
[12:42] | He was being so sweet and so patient, but… | 他对我很体贴 很有耐心 可是… |
[12:50] | he was… hovering, extra protective, | 他太粘人了 对我过分保护 |
[12:54] | and I felt like i was suffocating a little. | 我觉得有点透不过气 |
[12:58] | So I wanted him to go. | 所以我希望他去出差 |
[12:59] | I felt like I needed the alone time. | 我觉得自己需要时间独处 |
[13:03] | In a way, it felt normal. | 在某种程度上说 这也正常 |
[13:05] | That’s how things had always been for us. | 以前我们的相处模式就一直是这样的 |
[13:07] | He’d go away on business, | 他因工作出差在外 |
[13:09] | and I’d miss him like crazy. | 我会疯狂地想念他 |
[13:11] | And then, we’d have the best sex when he came back. | 等他回来 我们就会享受最棒的性爱 |
[13:13] | I’d feel like… | 我会觉得 |
[13:15] | like nothing could tear us apart. | 没有任何事可以将我们分开 |
[13:18] | And I knew that I was probably being silly. | 我也知道应该是我在犯傻 |
[13:21] | I just… | 我只是… |
[13:22] | It takes time to settle into a new home, | 适应一个新家是需要花一点时间的 |
[13:27] | and I just needed to relax, and… | 我只是需要放松 |
[13:30] | Luckily, that’s-that’s what I do for a living. | 幸运的是 我的职业就是放松 |
[14:32] | Is anyone there? | 有人在那里吗 |
[15:00] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[15:04] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[17:08] | Well, Shelby called me, panicked, crying, | 谢尔比打电话给我 很惊慌 还在哭 |
[17:11] | saying she had been attacked. | 说她被袭击了 |
[17:13] | I was in Raleigh, two hours away, | 我当时在罗利 两小时的车程 |
[17:16] | but I made it home in half the time. | 但我一小时就赶回来了 |
[17:21] | Where’s Shelby? Is she all right? | 谢尔比在哪 她还好吗 |
[17:22] | She’s inside. | 她在屋里 |
[17:25] | You her husband? | 你是她丈夫吗 |
[17:29] | Your wife reported that she was assaulted | 你老婆称自己被人攻击了 |
[17:30] | and held underwater in the hot tub. | 并且被按在了热浴盆的水里 |
[17:33] | She claimed to have struggled against her attackers. | 她声称对攻击者进行了反抗 |
[17:37] | What do you mean, “Claimed?” | 你什么意思 “声称” |
[17:39] | I found no evidence of footprints or marks on the deck | 我在浴台和浴盆周围的地面上 |
[17:42] | or in the grounds around the hot tub. | 没有找到任何脚印和足迹 |
[17:43] | She also said her attackers were dressed in old costumes | 她还说攻击者穿着老旧 |
[17:46] | holding pitchforks and torches. | 拿着干草叉和火把 |
[17:50] | Does she imbibe? | 她是不是喝多了 |
[17:52] | I know exactly who did this. | 我知道是谁干的 |
[17:55] | It’s those ZZ Top wannabes. | 是那些摇滚迷 |
[17:57] | They’ve been trying to scare us off since we bought this place. | 我们买了房子之后他们就一直想把我们吓跑 |
[18:00] | I’ll bet it’s the Polks. | 我打赌你说的是波尔克那伙人 |
[18:01] | Let me, uh, go have a talk with them. | 让我 去和他们谈一谈 |
[18:04] | Those guys keep to themselves, | 那些家伙不与他人交往 |
[18:05] | and they’re, uh, not so easy to find. | 而且 不是那么容易找到 |
[18:08] | – We need protection! – Get a gun. | -我们需要保护 -弄把枪 |
[18:10] | – What?! – That cop– | -什么 -那个警察 |
[18:12] | he wasn’t gonna do a damn thing for us. | 他不会为我们做任何事情 |
[18:15] | I could tell by his manner, | 我可以从他的举止判断出来 |
[18:16] | and his-his… his condescending attitude. | 他那种高傲的态度 |
[18:20] | He said he’d file a report, but I knew | 他说他会递交一份报告 但我知道 |
[18:22] | it would just end up in the bottom of a drawer somewhere. | 那报告最后肯定会被扔在抽屉的某个角落里 |
[18:24] | Was it those guys from the auction? | 是那些拍卖会上的人吗 |
[18:28] | No. | 不是 |
[18:31] | I don’t… I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:33] | It’s just | 只是 |
[18:34] | what you told the cops | 你告诉警察的事 |
[18:35] | didn’t make a whole lot of sense there, Shelby. | 完全说不通 谢尔比 |
[18:37] | I saw what I saw. | 我就是看到了 |
[18:40] | They held you down… until they let you up? | 他们把你按在水下 直到把你放开 |
[18:44] | I was really scared. | 我当时太害怕了 |
[18:45] | I was choking on water. | 我在不停地呛水 |
[18:47] | When I could finally see clearly, | 当我最后能看清楚的时候 |
[18:48] | they were gone. I ran inside | 他们已经走了 我跑进来 |
[18:50] | to call the police, then I called you. | 报了警 然后打电话给你 |
[18:56] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:57] | The cops said | 警察说 |
[18:58] | that they didn’t find anything by the hot tub. | 他们在热水浴缸旁边没有发现任何东西 |
[19:01] | No fingerprints, no torches. | 没有指纹 没有火把 |
[19:07] | They must have come back for them. | 他们一定回来把东西拿走了 |
[19:09] | I wasn’t imagining things, Matt. | 我没有臆想 马特 |
[19:11] | I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[19:15] | Do you think I’m lying to you? | 你觉得我在说谎吗 |
[19:19] | Shelby, absolutely not. | 当然没有 谢尔比 |
[19:22] | No. I believe you 100%. | 我完全相信你 |
[19:25] | Shelby, no. | 谢尔比 不是这样 |
[19:26] | I’m sorry. I believe you. | 对不起 我相信你 |
[19:28] | I believe you. I’m sorry. | 我相信你 对不起 |
[19:31] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[19:35] | I felt so guilty, | 我很内疚 |
[19:37] | because I couldn’t tell Matt the truth. | 因为我不能跟马特说实话 |
[19:42] | I didn’t want to live there. | 我不想住在那里 |
[20:39] | I decided not to tell Shelby about what happened, | 我决定不告诉谢尔比发生了什么 |
[20:43] | but it was proof to me that that white trash gang | 但是我相信这是那些混蛋白人帮派 |
[20:46] | was trying to scare us away. | 想要把我们吓跑 |
[20:57] | I had to be back in Raleigh the next day, so, | 我第二天必须要回罗利 |
[20:59] | I set up security cameras all around the perimeter | 所以我在房屋周围安装了安全摄像头 |
[21:02] | that were synced to my cell phone so I could keep an eye | 并且同步到我的手机上 无论我在哪里 |
[21:05] | on the place from wherever I was. | 都可以监控家里的情况 |
[21:09] | Not bad for an amateur. | 作为一个外行我很满意 |
[21:12] | But I was not going to leave Shelby there alone. | 但我仍然不会让谢尔比一个人在这里的 |
[21:15] | So I called my sister. | 所以我叫来了我的姐姐 |
[21:21] | Shelby never liked me. | 谢尔比一点都不喜欢我 |
[21:22] | Which is fine, because I was never a huge fan of hers. | 这也无妨 因为我也不喜欢她 |
[21:25] | Yoga is not a job. | 瑜伽不是一项职业 |
[21:27] | I used to play volleyball in high school. | 我以前在高中是打排球的 |
[21:30] | Back then, yoga was called “stretching,” | 那时候瑜伽被称为”伸展运动” |
[21:32] | and it was something you did before, not as exercise. | 这不是一项运动 只是运动前的准备活动 |
[21:37] | Lee judged my yoga | 李对我的瑜伽工作 |
[21:39] | and my gluten allergy | 和麸质过敏症 |
[21:41] | and my two years of college. | 还有我两年的大学生活品头论足 |
[21:43] | She thought I was too much of a phony for her brother to marry. | 她觉得她弟弟不该娶我这个虚伪的人 |
[21:48] | I got my degree in criminal psychology from UNC. | 我毕业于北卡罗来纳大学犯罪心理学专业 |
[21:54] | I was on track to make detective. | 我本来是能当警探的 |
[21:56] | Didn’t work out though. | 但最终没能如愿 |
[21:58] | I didn’t start taking pills | 我开始嗑药可不是因为 |
[21:59] | because of some fault in my character. | 我性格有缺陷这么简单 |
[22:01] | I got hurt. On the job. | 我在执行一次任务时 负伤了 |
[22:45] | Do you know prescription painkillers can be | 你们知道处方止痛药 |
[22:48] | more addictive than heroin? | 比海洛因更容易上瘾吗 |
[22:51] | I went from two pills a day to two an hour. | 我开始是一天两片 到后来一小时两片 |
[22:54] | I don’t remember how many I took that day. | 我也不记得那天我究竟吃了多少片药 |
[22:57] | I don’t remember very much of anything at all that day, really. | 那天发生了什么 我基本上不记得了 |
[23:08] | He was a serial rapist. | 他是名连环强奸犯 |
[23:11] | A real asshole. | 实实在在的混蛋 |
[23:12] | I hate assholes. | 我最恨混蛋了 |
[23:29] | Put down the gun! | 把枪放下 |
[23:31] | Put it down! | 放下 |
[23:34] | You heard me. Put down the… | 你听见了吧 把枪… |
[23:38] | It would have been his third strike. | 他是准备第三次犯案的 |
[23:41] | You ask me, it’s the one time the law worked exactly | 要我说 这是法律唯一一次 |
[23:45] | the way it should. | 发挥了它应有的作用 |
[24:00] | What you nee… | 你找什么… |
[24:03] | They fired her. | 她被开除了 |
[24:04] | Come on, Mason. | 梅森 别这样 |
[24:06] | Divorce? Now? | 离婚 现在 |
[24:08] | When I’m at rock bottom? | 在我人生最低谷的时候 |
[24:10] | How many times have you forgotten to pick up | 就这一个月 你说你有多少次 |
[24:13] | your daughter at school this month? | 忘记去学校接女儿了 |
[24:15] | Three times. | 三次 |
[24:18] | Which is three more the amount of times | 这比上个月我们亲热的次数 |
[24:19] | than you’ve touched me in the past month. | 还要多三次 |
[24:23] | I’m done with this. | 我受够了 |
[24:27] | The judge awarded him full custody of Flora. | 法官判决他享有芙洛拉的全部抚养权 |
[24:31] | I got her three days every 14. | 我每过14天才能和她在一起3天 |
[24:33] | 21% of her life. | 她人生的21% |
[24:37] | That’s all they gave me. | 我就只能得到这些 |
[24:44] | Can we stop for a moment, please? | 我们能不能暂停一下拍摄 |
[26:23] | Smelling good… | 很香嘛 |
[26:23] | Oh, Jesus! | 天呐 |
[26:25] | Oh, Jesus, Lee! | 天呐 李 |
[26:28] | Don’t sneak up on me like that! | 你能不能别一声不响地在后边吓我 |
[26:30] | You scared the shit out of me! | 你把我吓个半死 |
[26:32] | My brother married one jumpy bitch. | 我弟弟娶了个神经质婊子 |
[26:35] | She knew why we called her there. | 她知道我们叫她来的原因 |
[26:37] | And she knew that someone was messing with us. | 她知道有人在故意整我们 |
[26:39] | Why would she move the knife like that? | 为什么她要把刀插在肉上 |
[26:43] | So when did you become a cook? | 你什么时候成厨师了 |
[26:47] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[26:52] | Recently. | 最近开始的 |
[26:54] | It relaxes me. | 烹饪使我放松 |
[26:56] | – Cookin’? – Yes. Cooking. | -烹饪 -没错 烹饪 |
[27:08] | Look, can I be real with you? | 听着 能跟你说实话吗 |
[27:11] | While I’m here, could you please not drink inside the house? | 我在你家时 能请你别在屋里喝酒吗 |
[27:15] | I know it’s your home, | 我知道这是你家 |
[27:18] | but I’m hanging on to my sobriety by my teeth here. | 但是我正咬紧牙关坚持戒酒 |
[27:22] | But don’t worry, I’ll stay sober. | 但别担心 我会时刻保持清醒 |
[27:25] | Somebody’s got to protect you from the wild men in the woods. | 总得有人保护你们不被树林里野人袭击 |
[27:29] | And I appreciate that. Although… | 我非常感激 但是… |
[27:33] | I wish you still had your badge and your gun. | 我真希望你的警徽和佩枪还在 |
[27:36] | Well, I may not have my badge, | 虽然我没了警徽 |
[27:39] | but Mama’s still packin’. | 但老娘宝枪仍在 |
[27:46] | I’ll be honest with you, | 实话实说 |
[27:47] | I never put much stock in the stories | 我一直不相信 |
[27:50] | my sister-in-law was telling my brother. | 弟妹告诉我弟的那些怪事 |
[27:52] | She never wanted to move to the country. | 她一直不想搬到乡下生活 |
[27:54] | I figured she was just trying to scare him | 我猜她是想吓吓我弟 |
[27:56] | so they’d pack up and move back to L.A. | 好让他重新搬回洛杉矶 |
[28:14] | Shelby, um… | 谢尔比 |
[28:23] | I was pissed off. | 我气极了 |
[28:25] | I thought Shelby was messing with me. | 以为是谢尔比在耍我 |
[28:35] | Why, Shelby? | 为什么 谢尔比 |
[28:36] | Why would you do something like that,huh? | 你为什么要做这种事 |
[28:38] | Do something like what? | 我做了什么 |
[28:39] | This. Why would you do this? | 这个 你为什么把这个丢给我 |
[28:41] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[28:43] | And I certainly didn’t finish off that wine, | 而且我也没喝光这瓶酒 |
[28:45] | so maybe you’re the one seeing things. | 所以也许是你产生了幻觉 |
[28:47] | Wait a minute. Hold up. I’m seeing things? | 等一下 我产生了幻觉 |
[28:49] | The reason I’m out here | 我在这的原因 |
[28:50] | is because of what you been seeing. | 是因为你产生了幻觉 |
[28:53] | My phone buzzed around 11:30. | 我的电话在十一点半左右响了 |
[28:55] | I thought it was Shelby texting to say good night, | 我以为是谢尔比发的晚安短信 |
[28:57] | but it wasn’t her. | 但不是她发的短信 |
[28:59] | It was an automated alert from the security system | 那是我安装的安保系统 |
[29:01] | I’d installed. | 自动发送的警报 |
[29:03] | The sensors had been triggered by… | 感应器被… |
[29:06] | something. | 某些东西触发了 |
[29:13] | Well, bottles just don’t roll | 瓶子可不会自己 |
[29:14] | across the floor by themselves. | 从地板上滚过来 |
[29:16] | Why you messin’ with me? | 你为什么要这样吓唬我 |
[29:17] | For the last time, I didn’t do it! | 我最后再说一次 不是我干的 |
[29:18] | God, everything is a five-alarm emergency with you. | 你总是这么大惊小怪 |
[29:34] | I was in a complete panic. | 我吓坏了 |
[29:35] | My family was in danger, | 我的家人陷入危险 |
[29:37] | and all I could do was watch. | 我却只能干瞪眼 |
[29:42] | When a mob shows up at your house | 一群暴徒 |
[29:44] | in the middle of the night with torches, | 深夜拿着火把到你家来 |
[29:46] | they are not there to welcome you to the neighborhood. | 他们肯定不是来欢迎你的 |
[29:49] | Do you know how many hours Matt spends | 你知道马特 |
[29:51] | worrying about you? | 有多担心你吗 |
[29:52] | And no one would pick up the damn phone. | 而且没有一个人接电话 |
[29:53] | Every time you have a problem, you call Matt. | 每次你有困难了 你就给马特打电话 |
[29:55] | Your husband’s mean to you, you call Matt. | 你丈夫对你不好 你给马特打电话 |
[29:57] | You fall off the wagon, you call Matt. | 你酒瘾复发 你给马特打电话 |
[29:59] | Well, that’s what families do! | 家人不就是该这样吗 |
[30:00] | We look out for each other! | 互相帮助互相扶持 |
[30:02] | Yeah, except for you take.You take and you take. | 可是你不一样 你只知道索取从不付出 |
[30:04] | Where were you when Matt was lying in that hospital room, | 马特住院了 昏迷不醒 生命垂危 |
[30:07] | unconscious, fighting for his life? | 这时候你在哪儿 |
[30:09] | Where were you… | 你在哪儿 |
[30:14] | Someone’s in the house. | 有人进屋里来了 |
[30:45] | Hey, Lee, I’m not staying up here by myself. | 李 我可不想一个人待在上边 |
[30:56] | Where’s your gun? | 你的枪在哪儿 |
[30:58] | Where it should be, locked, in a drawer upstairs. | 枪放在楼上的抽屉里 锁着的 |
[31:02] | Do we need to go back up and get it? | 我们要不要上楼拿枪 |
[31:36] | I knew it… it came back. | 我就知道 它回来了 |
[31:39] | I knew it was real. | 我就知道是真的 |
[31:40] | Why would someone break into my house | 为什么会有人闯进我家 |
[31:42] | just to play a home movie? | 只为了播放一段家庭录像 |
[31:51] | I’ve heard those noises. | 我听见过这些声音 |
[31:57] | It’s close. | 我快要接近它了 |
[31:59] | I can smell it. | 我能闻到它的味道 |
[32:12] | I finally got you, you son of a bitch. | 总算逮到你了 你这混蛋 |
[32:17] | What the hell was that? | 那究竟是什么东西 |
[32:19] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[32:22] | We have to get out of here. Come on. | 我们得离开这里 走 |
[32:29] | I was freaking out. | 我吓坏了 |
[32:30] | I called the cops– they said they would look into it. | 我报了警 他们说他们会调查的 |
[32:32] | Freaking useless! | 简直没用 |
[32:35] | Shit! Shit! | 我去 我去 |
[32:37] | I knew, even 100 miles away, | 就算是100英里之外 |
[32:39] | I’d get there before they would. | 我也得在警察之前赶回去 |
[32:41] | I just kept saying, | 我就是不停地念着 |
[32:42] | “Please, God, just-just get me home. | 老天开恩 让我快点回家 |
[32:44] | Please just don’t let me be too late.” | 别让我回得太迟 |
[32:49] | Someone’s up there. | 上面有人 |
[32:56] | A lot of someones. | 很多人 |
[32:59] | We were down there 20, maybe… 30 minutes, | 我们在下面呆了将近二三十分钟 |
[33:03] | but it felt like forever. | 但就好像是一辈子 |
[33:09] | Come on. | 不要 |
[33:10] | – Come on! Come on! Come on! – Keep it down. | -不要 不要 -小声点 |
[33:41] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[33:48] | – Come on. – No no no no no no. | -来 -不 不 不 |
[33:51] | Come on. | 来啊 |
[34:29] | Oh my God | 我的天啊 |
[34:43] | I finally arrived. | 我终于到了 |
[34:45] | The cops had come and gone by the time I got there. | 我到的时候警察已经来过了 |
[34:47] | Lee said they took a report | 李说他们写了份报告 |
[34:48] | and chalked it up to vandalism. | 认定这是一起故意毁坏事件 |
[34:49] | This was not vandalism. This was terrorism. | 这根本不是故意毁坏 这是恐怖行动 |
[34:52] | How did they do this so quickly? | 他们怎么在这么短的时间里做到这个的 |
[34:54] | That’s not the point, Matt. | 这不是重点 马特 |
[34:56] | They broke into our home. | 他们闯进了我们家 |
[34:59] | They locked your sister and me in the basement. | 他们把你姐姐和我锁在了地下室 |
[35:02] | They were here. | 他们闯到家里来了 |
[35:05] | They lured us down there, | 他们把我们引到下面去 |
[35:06] | made us watch this creepy video. | 让我们看令人发毛的录像带 |
[35:09] | What video? | 什么录像带 |
[35:11] | I didn’t want to see it again, | 我可不想再看一次 |
[35:13] | but I went down with him anyway | 然而我还是跟他一起下去了 |
[35:14] | because I wasn’t going to be alone in that house. | 因为我不想只身一人在这房子里 |
[35:18] | Matt hadn’t been there when it happened, so, | 这事发生时马特不在现场 所以 |
[35:21] | of course he didn’t take it seriously. | 他当然不以为然 |
[35:24] | I took it seriously. | 我觉得事态严重 |
[35:25] | I mean, I thought the video was fake. | 我是说 我认为那录像带是假的 |
[35:29] | Had to be those rednecks going all out, | 肯定是那些乡巴佬全巢出动 |
[35:31] | trying to get us to leave. | 想把我们吓走 |
[35:40] | I finally got you, you son of a bitch. | 我终于捉到你了 你这个混蛋 |
[35:44] | Pissed me off even more. | 这让我更生气了 |
[35:48] | People do this all the time. | 人们经常这样做 |
[35:50] | Neighbors or locals do crazy things | 邻居或本地人想把新来的业主赶走 |
[35:53] | to try to drive out the new homeowners, | 总是会做些疯狂的事 |
[35:54] | so they can come in and buy the property cheap. | 所以他们才能来并低价买进房子 |
[35:57] | They’re just trying to freak us out, so that we’ll leave. | 他们只想吓唬我们 好让我们离开 |
[36:00] | Well, it’s working. | 好吧 这起作用了 |
[36:02] | I want to leave, Matt. | 我想走了 马特 |
[36:04] | Now. | 就现在 |
[36:06] | If they want the house that badly, let them have it. | 他们那么想要这栋破房子 给他们好了 |
[36:09] | Did the cops see these tapes? | 警察看过这些录像带了吗 |
[36:10] | They don’t care. | 他们才不在乎 |
[36:12] | They just think it’s some good ol’ boys | 他们只会觉得这是些老顽童 |
[36:14] | being good ol’ boys. You know they’re not gonna | 老顽童罢了 你知道他们可不会 |
[36:16] | lift a goddamn finger to help us. | 费力来帮我们 |
[36:18] | Come on, Shelby, Shelby, come on. | 好了好了 谢尔比 |
[36:19] | You got to let the cops do their job. | 你得让警察做好他们的工作 |
[36:21] | Oh, don’t take this personally. | 别以为我在说你呢 |
[36:28] | Matt. | 马特 |
[36:30] | We have to leave. | 我们必须离开 |
[36:32] | It’s our home, Shel. | 这是我们的家 |
[36:34] | Our life savings. Where are we gonna go? | 我们毕生的积蓄 我们还能去哪儿 |
[36:36] | And with what? | 哪有能力走 |
[36:37] | You cannot let these people run you out of your home. | 你不能让这些人把你们赶出你们的家 |
[36:43] | You’re not even listening to me. | 你根本就没在听我说 |
[36:48] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[36:49] | Just… Just do what you want. | 想怎么随你 |
[36:52] | Shelby… | 谢尔比 |
[36:52] | Oh, let her go. Give her a little time to calm down. | 随她去吧 给她点时间静静 |
[37:03] | Who is this guy? | 这人是谁 |
[37:04] | Another member of that redneck family? | 乡巴佬家族的一员吗 |
[37:11] | Shelby! | 谢尔比 |
[37:12] | Shelby! | 谢尔比 |
[37:13] | I couldn’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[37:15] | Shelby just… left. | 谢尔比竟然走了 |
[37:18] | At the time, it made all the sense in the world. | 当时 只有离开才是合理的 |
[37:21] | Humans respond to fear in two simple ways– | 人对恐惧的反应有简单的两种 |
[37:24] | fight or flight. | 战或逃 |
[37:27] | There’s no shame in getting the hell out of the way. | 撒手不管并不可耻 |
[37:37] | Hello? | 喂 |
[37:38] | Shelby, come home. | 谢尔比 回家 |
[37:44] | Shelby? Can you hear me? Are you there? | 谢尔比 能听见吗 你在听吗 |
[37:46] | Shelby! | 谢尔比 |
[37:51] | – Oh, my God. – Shelby! | -我的天啊 -谢尔比 |
[37:52] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[37:53] | Can you hear me? Shelby! | 能听到我吗 谢尔比 |
[37:57] | Oh, come on. | 别出事 |
[37:58] | Come on, come on. | 别出事 别出事 |
[38:03] | Hello?! | 有人吗 |
[38:06] | Hello! | 有人吗 |
[38:08] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[38:10] | Hello?! | 有人吗 |
[38:13] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[38:19] | Hello? | 你好 |
[38:22] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[38:24] | Are you all right?! | 你没事吧 |
[38:27] | Are you hurt? | 你受伤了吗 |
[38:29] | No, no, no! | 不 不 |
[38:30] | Please, stop! Stop! | 快停下 别动 |
[38:32] | I have to get you to a hospital! | 我得送你去医院 |
[38:34] | I didn’t understand what happened. | 我不清楚怎么回事 |
[38:35] | I still don’t. | 现在都不知道 |
[38:38] | Ma’am! | 女士 |
[38:40] | Hello?! | 你在吗 |
[38:41] | I followed this woman straight into the forest, | 我跟着这个女人直接进了森林 |
[38:44] | maybe 50 feet. | 大概十五米 |
[38:46] | Hello?! | 你在吗 |
[38:47] | And the road was directly behind me, I swear. | 我发誓马路就在我身后 |
[38:50] | There’s no way that she could’ve gotten very far, | 她不可能走太远 |
[38:53] | but I couldn’t find any sign of her. | 但我根本找不到她的踪迹 |
[38:55] | Hello?! | 有人吗 |
[39:05] | And I couldn’t find my way out. | 我也找不到出路 |
[39:06] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[39:08] | Come on, Shelby. Come on, | 冷静 谢尔比 冷静 |
[39:10] | come on, come on, come on, come on, oh… | 冷静 想办法 |
[39:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:17] | I was lost. | 我迷路了 |
[39:30] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[40:56] | No! No! | 不 不 |