时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m soon taking a fine new house, | 我马上要换一幢漂亮的新房了 |
[00:02] | in Soho, Greek Street. | 就在苏豪区 希腊街 |
[00:04] | This move is too much risk. | 这一步棋走得太冒险了 |
[00:05] | Is your master in? | 你的主人在家吗 |
[00:06] | Mr. Lennox is my husband. | 伦诺克斯先生是我的丈夫 |
[00:08] | Harriet knows all about us. | 我们的事哈里特都知道了 |
[00:10] | You want me to invest in your house, and I shall. | 你想让我给你的生意投资 那我就投 |
[00:12] | I am in need of a girl. | 我需要一个姑娘 |
[00:14] | A sweet, untouched hanging risk. | 没开苞的处女 |
[00:17] | – Hello, sprat. – I’m not a sprat anymore. | -你好 小家伙 -我不是个小孩子了 |
[00:19] | Have to keep myself pure for Lord Reptile. | 我得为”爬虫”大人守身如玉 |
[00:21] | Tell Dame Death Mary Cooper’s dead. | 告诉”死亡女爵” 玛丽·库柏死了 |
[00:58] | Under normal circumstances, | 在一般情况下 |
[00:59] | the Crown could fall, Christ could rise, | 哪怕国君易主 基督再世 |
[01:01] | and a gentleman would still find himself well met | 男人依然可以在玛格丽特·威尔斯这里 |
[01:03] | at the door of Margaret Wells, | 找到心仪的姑娘 |
[01:04] | but today, we are closed. | 但今天 我们不营业 |
[01:06] | Closed? | 不营业 |
[01:08] | Tomorrow we re-open in Greek Street. | 我们明天会在希腊街重新开张 |
[01:10] | But I must warn you. | 但我必须得提醒你 |
[01:11] | Mrs. Wells has tweaked the tariffs in accordance. | 威尔斯夫人会对价格进行相应的调整 |
[01:14] | More money for the same girls? | 为同一个姑娘付更多钱吗 |
[01:15] | Way of the world, Mr. Armitage. | 世界就是这样运转的 阿米蒂奇先生 |
[01:17] | You can flog a sweetmeat for twice the price | 如果你用漂亮的包装纸包装糖果 |
[01:19] | if it’s in a pretty paper. | 就可以卖出两倍价钱 |
[01:25] | There’ll be no “twice the price” coming our way. | 我们怕是拿不到”两倍价钱” |
[01:27] | Mr. Armitage is exactly the breed | 阿米蒂奇先生正是那种 |
[01:29] | we don’t want following us. | 我们不希望继续接待的客人 |
[01:31] | I like him. | 我挺喜欢他的 |
[01:32] | He’s got lovely thick arms. | 他有可爱又厚实的臂膀 |
[01:34] | Better than Lord Repton’s. | 比莱普顿大人好 |
[01:35] | Weak and flabby from a life of opulence. | 一副因富裕生活而导致的虚弱又松弛的身躯 |
[01:38] | Better than his pintle. | 比他的小鸡鸡要好 |
[01:41] | It’s crooked. | 它是弯的 |
[01:42] | Poor old wonky. | 可怜老软男 |
[01:45] | You’re just jealous I’ll be off gallivanting in splendor. | 你们只是嫉妒我即将享有的荣华富贵 |
[01:48] | You’re almost a proper lady, Lucy. | 你马上就要是大家闺秀了 露西 |
[01:50] | And you’re almost a proper whore. | 而你几乎是个好妓女了 |
[01:52] | Can I not rely on you for better? | 我还能不能对你放心了 |
[02:00] | Do want the other girls to piss in your supper? | 你想让其他姑娘在你的晚饭里撒尿吗 |
[02:02] | I was just joking, Ma. | 我只是开开玩笑 妈 |
[02:04] | There is an art to joking without putting yourself above ’em. | 玩笑的艺术是不需要把自己端着高高在上的 |
[02:07] | Am I not above them? | 难道我的地位不比她们高吗 |
[02:08] | You make yourself the toast of the Reptons | 你只要让莱普顿家族对你交口称赞 |
[02:10] | and they will catapult you to the heavens, | 他们就能立马让你过上神仙般的日子 |
[02:12] | just as they did Charlotte. | 就像他们对待夏洛特那样 |
[02:16] | I don’t want a life like Kitty and Fanny. | 我不想过凯蒂和范妮那样的生活 |
[02:27] | You… | 你 |
[02:29] | you are gold | 你是金子 |
[02:32] | and they are pinchbeck. | 而她们是黄铜 |
[02:34] | Won’t prove that by gloating. | 沾沾自喜证明不了你的价值的 |
[02:40] | The carriage! | 马车来了 |
[02:54] | Mrs. Lennox? | 伦诺克斯夫人 |
[03:14] | Nathaniel was stricken last night. | 纳撒尼尔昨晚病倒了 |
[03:18] | The doctor says his heart is failing him. | 医生说他的心脏快不行了 |
[03:22] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 听到这个消息我深表遗憾 |
[03:23] | He wants you. | 他想见你 |
[03:26] | You must ride back with me now to see him. | 你现在必须和我回去见他 |
[03:39] | You visit for more than the amusements, justice Cunliffe? | 你此行不仅仅是来消遣的吧 坎利夫法官 |
[03:43] | The beast requires feeding again. | 野兽又饥渴难耐了 |
[03:47] | If I knew the nature of the beast, | 如果我能知道是哪头野兽 |
[03:49] | how much better I could nourish it. | 或许我能投其所好 |
[03:52] | And procuring unused girls is perilous. | 找处女的风险很大 |
[03:56] | Are they worthy of the risk? | 他们值得我冒这个险吗 |
[03:58] | Oh, most certainly. | 绝对值得 |
[04:04] | If this is you… | 如果这是你 |
[04:09] | who are they? | 他们是什么呢 |
[04:21] | Closer. | 接近了 |
[04:22] | Though they are without heart. | 不过他们是没有红桃[心]的 |
[04:46] | I will depart, madam, | 在那臭味儿飘到我这之前 |
[04:47] | before a stench like the fleet ditch reaches me. | 我还是先行一步吧 夫人 |
[04:49] | Our business is not concluded. | 我们生意还没谈完呢 |
[04:54] | You vile wretch! | 你个丢人的家伙 |
[04:56] | You’re more repulsive than the blackening corpse | 你比放我门口的那具变黑的尸体 |
[04:58] | left on my doorstep. | 还要恶心 |
[04:59] | It wasn’t deliberate, Mumma, | 妈妈 她不是故意的 |
[05:00] | I think her belly is unsettled. | 我想她应该是肚子不舒服 |
[05:02] | Then today you will fast | 那你今天就禁食一天 |
[05:03] | so as not to upset your stomach further. | 以免再委屈你的胃 |
[05:06] | Forgive me, gentlemen! | 失陪 各位 |
[05:11] | “I support my right honorable friend’s assertion | 我支持我这位德高望重的朋友的主张 |
[05:13] | that the cost of war has been grave.” | 战争的代价实在是太惨重了 |
[05:18] | This will be my first speech in Parliament | 这将是我在议会发表的第一篇演讲 |
[05:19] | and you’re not even listening. | 而你却压根没认真在听 |
[05:21] | I’m hanging on your every word, my love. | 每个字我都听得清清楚楚 亲爱的 |
[05:24] | I can’t help thinking your wife would make a better audience. | 我不禁去想这方面你老婆会是比我更好的听众 |
[05:26] | Lady Caroline’s a passionless shrew. | 卡罗琳夫人是个毫无激情的泼妇 |
[05:27] | She wouldn’t understand an artful performance | 不管表演有多精彩 只要不触及 |
[05:29] | if it fumbled her cockle. | 她的花蕾她就理解不了 |
[05:30] | I’m not asking you to understand the politics. | 我又不是要你理解政治 |
[05:32] | I understand that Parliament wants to tax | 我明白议会想向 |
[05:34] | the natives in the colonies | 殖民地的原住民收税 |
[05:35] | to get back what was spent fighting them. | 好填补之前和他们打仗时所消耗的资金 |
[05:39] | You make it sound unreasonable. | 你这么一说感觉那要求很无理 |
[05:42] | Then perhaps I do not understand it as well as I thought. | 那或许是我其实没我自以为的那么明白 |
[05:47] | There a more straightforward performance you could show me? | 有更直接的方法能给我演示一下吗 |
[05:57] | Don’t scratch it, | 别蹭坏了 |
[05:58] | or they’ll dump you on the church steps. | 不然他们就会把你扔到教堂门口 |
[06:00] | Up. | 起来 |
[06:07] | You look so handsome, Lucy. | 你看起来真漂亮 露西 |
[06:10] | You won’t be a bit out of place at the Reptons. | 你到莱普顿家族里一点违和感也不会有 |
[06:12] | Old wonky. | 老软男 |
[06:13] | I shall have to mount with care. | 我骑上去的时候可得小心了 |
[06:16] | The men at the new house will love you, Fanny. | 新家的客人们会爱死你的 范妮 |
[06:39] | Master Benjamin is with him now. | 本杰明少爷正陪着他 |
[06:41] | The children! | 孩子们 |
[06:42] | Mama, Mama! | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[06:48] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[06:49] | – I’m so sorry. – Is Papa with angels? | -节哀 -爸爸去见天使了吗 |
[06:57] | No! | 不 |
[07:14] | Our faces will not always fit | 她们在这儿所做的事情 |
[07:16] | as well as they have done here. | 我们黑人却不一定招人待见 |
[07:20] | I won’t mind moving to Greek Street. | 我不介意搬去希腊街 |
[07:23] | I could use some luxury. | 可以体验一下奢侈的生活 |
[07:26] | There’ll be plenty of pockets to lighten. | 那可得花不少钱 |
[07:40] | Off you go, then. | 动身吧 |
[07:43] | Goodbye! | 再见 |
[07:44] | Be seeing you! | 回见 |
[07:46] | Goodbye! | 再见 |
[07:47] | Come visit us! | 记得来看我们 |
[08:09] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[08:11] | Excuse me! | 打扰一下 |
[08:12] | Yes, miss? | 怎么了 小姐 |
[08:14] | This is not the way to the Reptons’. | 这不是去莱普顿家的路 |
[08:15] | We’re going to their country estate. | 我们现在去的是他们家的乡村庄园 |
[08:21] | Stop! | 停车 |
[08:23] | Do you hear me, I want you to stop. | 听到没 我叫你停车 |
[08:26] | I wasn’t told I’d be leaving London. | 没人跟我说我会离开伦敦 |
[08:30] | If you will not take me home, | 如果你们不带我回家 |
[08:31] | then I will get out and make my own way. | 我就下车自己回去 |
[08:33] | And become the plunder of footpads? | 然后成为强盗的猎物吗 |
[08:36] | It won’t just be your purse they shove their fingers in. | 他们的手可不会只伸进你的钱包 |
[08:47] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
[08:50] | Then I will take you. | 那我就带你回去 |
[08:53] | But you will have to make good with me. | 但是你得给我点好处 |
[09:01] | My mother will pay you as soon as we return. | 回去我妈妈会付钱给你的 |
[09:06] | You can take me in your mouth, if you prefer. | 如果你愿意 你可以用嘴服务我啊 |
[09:08] | I’m a guest of your master. | 我是你主人的客人 |
[09:10] | You are not his guest, you are his doxy. | 你不是他的客人 不过是他召来的妓女 |
[09:14] | And you won’t even be that once you’ve jilted him. | 而且一旦被他抛弃 你连他的妓女都算不上 |
[09:47] | Have to drag ’em out their cannons. | 得把他们从炮筒里拽出来 |
[09:51] | All right, here we go. | 好了 来吧 |
[09:56] | I think you’re on the wrong street, friend. | 我觉得你走错街了 朋友 |
[09:59] | I’m sure I’m not, friend. | 我很确定没有 朋友 |
[10:03] | I said leave her alone! | 我说了别招惹她 |
[10:08] | Don’t touch her! | 别碰她 |
[10:11] | Get your grubby fingers off her! | 把你那肮脏的手拿开 |
[10:13] | We’ve not come looking for trouble. | 我们不是来找麻烦的 |
[10:14] | Well, then take your rancid bitches | 那就带着你这群臭婊子们 |
[10:16] | and your rabid little picaninny… | 和你那疯狗一样的小黑鬼 |
[10:18] | and fuck off. | 快点滚吧 |
[10:41] | Filthy beast! | 肮脏的野兽 |
[10:42] | – We’re going. – Yeah? | -我们这就走 -是吗 |
[10:44] | Next time, we won’t be so merciful. | 下回 我们可就不好这么手软了 |
[10:46] | Fuck you, dead boy! | 操你妈 去死吧 |
[10:48] | – You’re disgusting. – You are a trollop. | -你恶心透了 -你个荡妇 |
[10:51] | Go! | 走 |
[10:51] | – Fucking oaf! – You’re a maggot boiler. | -该死的蠢货 -你个肮脏的蛆床 |
[10:54] | You’re a maggot boiler, that’s all you are! | 你就是个肮脏的蛆床 |
[10:56] | You should be ashamed of yourself! | 你应该为自己感到羞耻 |
[11:06] | They are retreating? | 他们撤回去了吗 |
[11:10] | They are. | 是的 |
[11:12] | Then our undertaking is accomplished. | 那我们的任务就完成了 |
[11:16] | By organizing a few mischief makers and a sack of slops? | 就找这么几个混混和一群流浪汉就完事了吗 |
[11:21] | They will return, | 他们还会回来的 |
[11:23] | and you will attach yourself to that house | 你给我像条被绳拴住的狗那样 |
[11:25] | like a dog on a rope. | 守在那间房子前 |
[11:28] | The gentlemen should be scared to pass you. | 让男人们都不敢从你面前走过 |
[11:31] | I am no dog, Mrs. Quigley. | 我不是狗 奎格利夫人 |
[11:34] | I do hope you are not too proud for the task. | 这不过是件小事 别太自以为是 |
[11:38] | Because there are others I could install in this house. | 我也可以让其他人住进来 |
[11:44] | And you could be back in your hovel. | 到时候你就住回你的破房子吧 |
[12:12] | You have not been born rich or fortunate enough | 你既非生于豪门 也非大富大贵 |
[12:15] | to enjoy congress with the likes of me. | 没资格和我这样的人打交道 |
[12:21] | I do hope your journey was not too torturous, my dear. | 希望你这一路上没有太过辛苦 亲爱的 |
[12:26] | I’m sure you’ll want to bathe. | 你一定想洗个澡 |
[12:27] | Scrub London from your skin. | 搓掉伦敦的臭味 |
[12:31] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[12:45] | What will I do now? | 我现在怎么办 |
[12:50] | What will become of us? | 我们会怎么样 |
[12:59] | I’m not really his wife. | 我其实并不是他的妻子 |
[13:03] | His children are bastards. | 他的孩子们是私生子 |
[13:06] | You know if you’re provided for? | 你知道自己在不在他的遗嘱上吗 |
[13:11] | You must check before Benjamin returns. | 你必须在本杰明回来之前确定一下 |
[13:15] | But what if I am not? | 但如果我不在呢 |
[13:16] | Then rectify it. | 那就修改一下 |
[13:19] | Commit a fraud? | 你要我诈骗吗 |
[13:22] | Commit Nathaniel’s wishes to paper, nothing more. | 只是将纳撒尼尔的遗愿诉诸于文字罢了 |
[13:27] | You do not have the luxury of compunction. | 你可没什么时间浪费在内疚上 |
[13:43] | You’ve left me mid-game, old friend. | 人生刚刚过半你就丢下了我了 老朋友 |
[14:01] | My freedom papers. | 我的自由证明 |
[14:05] | The greatest gift Nathaniel ever gave me. | 纳撒尼尔送给我的最伟大的礼物 |
[14:18] | They… they aren’t signed. | 证明上…证明上没有签字 |
[14:24] | Did he lie when he said I was free? | 当时他跟我说我自由了是在骗我吗 |
[14:26] | Fate smiles upon you. | 命运已经对你微笑了 |
[14:27] | Smile back. | 你也要笑脸相迎 |
[14:30] | Do it! | 签呀 |
[14:40] | What are you doing in here? | 你们在这里做什么 |
[14:41] | – My condolences, master. – My father is not yet cold. | -请节哀 少主人 -我父亲尸骨未寒 |
[14:44] | You will not scavenge here today. | 你今天别想趁火打劫 |
[15:05] | That sour tits will have me starved! | 那个刻薄的贱人一只饿着我 |
[15:08] | You bait the bear and then cry when it mauls you. | 你摸了老虎的屁股还嫌她回头咬你 |
[15:13] | No food, no fancy. | 不给吃的 就不给你玩 |
[15:16] | I haven’t the energy. | 我没那个力气 |
[15:18] | I’m throbbing. | 我都有反应了 |
[15:21] | Your hand will do. | 你用手就行了 |
[15:22] | Mine is limp with hunger. | 我饿得双手无力 |
[15:24] | Use your own. | 你自己撸吧 |
[15:49] | She has spent this much already this year. | 她今年已经花了这么多钱了吗 |
[15:52] | Lady Caroline, she has spent that much already this month. | 卡罗琳夫人 她这个月就已经花了这么多了 |
[15:58] | She is like nothing I have ever known. | 她和我见过的其他妓女都不一样 |
[16:01] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[16:02] | It is she who possesses him. | 是她在掌控着他 |
[16:06] | She is the wickedest harpy. | 她是最邪恶的女妖 |
[16:14] | I’m here to surprise my husband upon his return. | 我来是打算在我丈夫回来时给他一个惊喜 |
[16:17] | It’s not every day one makes one’s debut in Parliament. | 议会不是每天都有人首秀 |
[16:41] | I watched Sir George rehearse his speech. | 我看了乔治爵士的演讲预演 |
[16:44] | Very impressive. | 非常惊艳 |
[16:47] | You are easily impressed. | 你也太容易被惊艳到了 |
[16:49] | My husband is a man child. | 我丈夫是个大男孩 |
[16:51] | A fopdoodle who’s frittering away my fortune. | 一个肆意挥霍我钱财的呆瓜 |
[16:55] | In the eyes of the law, it is Sir George’s fortune, of course, | 法律上来说 这些当然算是乔治爵士的财产 |
[16:58] | but in reality, it was gifted to me | 但实际上这是勤俭持家的祖先 |
[17:02] | by prudent ancestors. | 留给我的遗产 |
[17:06] | Marriage is the worst kind of thief. | 婚姻是最为恶劣的偷窃 |
[17:10] | Then you will be my ally. | 那我们结盟吧 |
[17:13] | In what? | 结什么盟 |
[17:14] | In curbing Sir George’s extravagance. | 结盟阻止乔治爵士这样挥金如土 |
[17:16] | His finances are not my concern. | 他的财务状况与我无关 |
[17:18] | His estate falls into disrepair. | 他的房产已经失修了 |
[17:21] | You are ruining him. | 你这是在害他 |
[17:24] | If you’ll excuse me, Sir George has sent word. | 抱歉打扰一下 乔治爵士传话 |
[17:27] | His speech is delivered and he requires Miss Wells’s company. | 他发表完演说了 需要威尔斯小姐的陪伴 |
[17:32] | We’ll send him a message that you were here. | 我们会告诉他你来了 |
[17:35] | He will return at once. | 他会立马赶回来的 |
[17:36] | We both know he will not. | 我们都心知肚明他不会 |
[17:42] | You will excuse me while I dress? | 你不介意让我一个人换个衣服吧 |
[17:48] | But do take these with you. | 不过请把这些带走 |
[17:51] | They’re yours, after all. | 毕竟它们本来就是你的 |
[18:09] | There’s no need to hide yourself, Lucy. | 没必要遮遮掩掩的 露西 |
[18:30] | Come. | 来 |
[18:36] | And here… | 这 |
[18:40] | is a token. | 是一份信物 |
[18:49] | A little doll for our little doll. | 给我们洋娃娃的一个小洋娃娃 |
[18:56] | She’s beautiful. | 她很漂亮 |
[18:59] | But she doesn’t hold a candle to you. | 但完全无法与你相媲美 |
[19:08] | Now. Hurry and dress. | 快穿上衣服 |
[19:13] | This afternoon, we hunt. | 下午我们打猎去 |
[19:23] | Hurry, we will be late. | 快点 我们要迟到了 |
[19:46] | Oh, good… very good. | 爽 太爽了 |
[19:49] | I am stuffing you full! | 我要把你整个塞满 |
[19:51] | Full to bursting. | 满到要爆了 |
[20:02] | You’ve got to stop playing the jester. | 你别再乱开玩笑了 |
[20:05] | Mumma once starved a girl for three days. | 妈妈有次饿了一个姑娘三天 |
[20:07] | She didn’t have a little Charlie to look after her, did she? | 她可没有小查理照顾她 对吗 |
[20:10] | I’m not joking, Emily. | 我不是在跟你开玩笑 埃米莉 |
[20:13] | If you go at her too far, | 你要是真惹毛了她 |
[20:14] | she’ll give you Mr. Osborne. | 她会把你交给奥斯本先生 |
[20:17] | And who is Mr. Osborne? | 奥斯本先生是谁 |
[20:23] | He’s the short straw. | 他就是那个下下签 |
[20:52] | Confounded musket. | 见鬼的步枪 |
[20:54] | The sight ain’t true. | 瞄不准 |
[20:56] | Perhaps you should take a shot, Lucy. | 也许你应该来试试 露西 |
[20:58] | Lord Repton will show you. | 莱普顿大人会教你的 |
[21:07] | There. | 这样 |
[21:09] | That’s it. | 对了 |
[21:14] | Clever girl. | 真聪明 |
[21:25] | I can feel your heart fluttering | 我能感觉到你心脏的颤动 |
[21:29] | like a little beast’s. | 就像一只小兽 |
[21:38] | Where’s Lady Repton? | 莱普顿夫人去哪了 |
[21:43] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[21:45] | Lucy! | 露西 |
[21:49] | You’d better go to her. | 你快去找她吧 |
[21:54] | Lucy! | 露西 |
[21:59] | You’d better run, girl, | 最好跑起来 姑娘 |
[22:00] | she might need your help. | 她可能需要你的帮助 |
[22:05] | Quickly, now! | 快点 |
[22:18] | You’d better run, Lucy. | 快跑起来 露西 |
[22:22] | We can see you, Lucy. | 我们看得到你哦 露西 |
[22:26] | We’re following your little trail. | 我们跟着你 |
[22:32] | The dogs are off the leash, Lucy! | 猎狗已经放出来了哦 露西 |
[22:39] | Not far now. | 不远了 |
[22:43] | That’s it… run, girl! | 就这样…快跑姑娘 |
[22:47] | We’re getting closer. | 我们要过来了 |
[23:15] | Good girl. | 厉害 |
[23:17] | Your first kill. | 这是你第一头猎物 |
[23:25] | Margaret will solve it. | 玛格丽特会解决的 |
[23:26] | She’s clever as a cat. | 她聪明得像只猫 |
[23:29] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[23:30] | Hisses like one too. | 愤怒起来也像 |
[23:34] | We’ll leave them to it, girls. | 让他们自己解决吧 姑娘们 |
[23:41] | Don’t start, Margaret. | 别这样 玛格丽特 |
[23:42] | How could you abandon that house? | 你怎么能放弃那幢房子 |
[23:44] | You’ve watched me fight tooth-and-claw for it. | 你知道我为它费尽了多少心血 |
[23:47] | We were ambushed. | 我们被袭击了 |
[23:48] | Fanny was practically frigged in front of me. | 范妮差点当着我的面被性侵 |
[23:51] | – You could have fought. – I did fight! | -你怎么不反抗啊 -我反抗了 |
[23:53] | What, with all your passion? | 怎么打的 用尽全力了吗 |
[23:55] | I’d have ripped the sinews from their necks | 要我的话至少把他们脖子上的筋扯下来 |
[23:56] | before I walked away from my house. | 再离开我的房子 |
[23:58] | Well, I’m not like you, Margaret. | 我跟你不一样 玛格丽特 |
[24:01] | I can’t wear blinkers to the cost of it all. | 我无法对为它付出的代价视而不见 |
[24:04] | What cost? | 什么代价 |
[24:05] | The cost to Jacob, to Lucy. | 雅各布的牺牲 露西的牺牲 |
[24:08] | – The cost to all of us. – Would you have Lucy | -我们所有人的牺牲 -难道你想让露西 |
[24:09] | rut her days away as a bawdy house whore? | 一辈子在妓院当妓女吗 |
[24:11] | Or better still, some smock-wife | 或者稍微好点 给个穷鬼 |
[24:13] | to a penniless laborer? | 当黄脸婆吗 |
[24:14] | And what about Jacob? | 再说雅各布 |
[24:17] | Shall we teach him to crawl on his belly | 我们要教他如何卑躬屈膝 |
[24:19] | as some rich man’s boy? | 变成富人的男宠吗 |
[24:28] | I am weary of doing this alone. | 我受不了独自承担这些了 |
[24:30] | You do it alone? | 你独自承担吗 |
[24:32] | Sometimes I feel I do. | 有时我就是这么感觉的 |
[24:33] | I’ll tell you what you’re alone in, woman. | 我告诉你你独自承担了什么 女人 |
[24:37] | The noxious squabble with Lydia Quigley | 就是你不自量力去跟莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[24:39] | that you’re too puffed-up to finish. | 无休止的针锋相对 |
[24:42] | What’s that got to do with anything? | 关那什么事 |
[24:43] | You think those louts paid for themselves? | 你觉得那些蠢货是自己找事吗 |
[24:45] | It’s payback | 都是报复 |
[24:48] | for Mary Cooper. | 因为玛丽·库柏的事 |
[24:49] | You can’t know that. | 谁知道是不是呢 |
[24:50] | Don’t add stupidity to the list of your misdeeds, Margaret. | 不要一错再错了 玛格丽特 |
[24:55] | Plenty long enough already. | 已经错得够多了 |
[25:25] | Nathaniel Lennox. | 纳撒尼尔·伦诺克斯 |
[25:28] | He was a slave owner, Mags. | 他是个奴隶主 玛格 |
[25:31] | He’s chosen the worst moment to die. | 他死得真不是时候 |
[25:35] | You pretend it’s only your pocket feels the ache. | 别假装你只是心疼钱了 |
[25:38] | I remember sometimes you tupped him for free. | 我记得你有时会给他白上 |
[25:40] | You should have slapped me for my foolishness. | 你当时就该抽醒我 |
[25:46] | His wife said he got lusty about me on his death bed. | 他的妻子说他临终还在意淫我 |
[25:49] | Filthy dog. | 这个贱狗 |
[25:51] | His prick was stiff before the rest of him. | 他身体僵硬前老二倒是先硬起来了 |
[25:59] | I wonder if Will won’t dance a jig when my time comes. | 我在想我死了威廉会不会跳起舞来 |
[26:02] | It’ll be your own fault, you nipping crab. | 你自作自受 横行霸道跟螃蟹似的 |
[26:06] | You’ve forgotten he’s the only man | 你忘了他可是你唯一 |
[26:07] | you’ve never made pay for it. | 上床从来不收费的男人 |
[26:11] | Enough. | 行了 |
[26:13] | Tell me, how can I get into Greek Street? | 跟我说说 该怎么进希腊街 |
[26:22] | You’ve a very solemn countenance today, Miss Wells. | 你今天表情好严肃 威尔斯小姐 |
[26:25] | Why don’t you join me and I’ll see if I can rectify it? | 跟我待会吧 我试试能否逗乐你 |
[26:28] | Alas, I’m summoned to service my master. | 我是被叫来伺候主人的 |
[26:31] | He’d have you pleasure him in public? | 他会当众跟你寻欢作乐吗 |
[26:33] | Only with words. | 口头上调调情而已 |
[26:35] | It’s harlotting we do with our clothes on that matters most. | 我们穿着衣服卖弄才最有趣 |
[26:40] | Charlotte! | 夏洛特 |
[26:41] | Why are you loitering? | 你怎么才来 |
[26:46] | To warn you in private that Haxby conspires against you. | 为了悄悄提醒你 哈克斯比背叛了你 |
[26:51] | He summoned Lady Caroline to curb your spending. | 他把卡罗林夫人叫来控制你的花销 |
[26:55] | The impertinent gargoyle! | 那个卑鄙小人 |
[26:57] | He picked the wrong fellow | 他要是以为乔治·霍华德好欺负 |
[26:59] | if he thinks that George Howard will be enfeebled. | 那就大错特错了 |
[27:02] | Well, he has indeed. | 他确实错了 |
[27:03] | Come. | 跟我来 |
[27:08] | Sir Christopher. | 克里斯托弗爵士 |
[27:10] | Did my lord acquit himself well in the House today? | 我的主人今天在妓院玩得还愉快吗 |
[27:14] | He was… masterful. | 他真是如鱼得水 |
[27:17] | As always. | 一如既往 |
[27:21] | Later, you shall master me. | 待会 您也可以主宰我 |
[27:24] | Lord Howard, | 霍华德大人 |
[27:26] | I am throbbing with envy. | 我真是嫉妒得要命呀 |
[27:43] | You take our mischief in the woods very timidly, Lucy. | 我们在树林里的小恶作剧 你太胆小了 露西 |
[27:49] | Where’s that Wells wild streak I’m so fond of? | 我喜欢的威尔斯家的狂野性情哪去了 |
[27:55] | Have you no retort? | 你都不反驳吗 |
[27:59] | Sir, you are too cruel. | 先生 你太残酷了 |
[28:01] | She’s not yet out of her shell. | 她还羞怯着呢 |
[28:05] | I’m sure Charlotte Wells never had a shell. | 夏洛特·威尔斯才不会羞怯 |
[28:17] | Lord Repton should be careful I don’t tell everyone | 莱普顿大人应该小心 我没有昭告天下 |
[28:19] | he didn’t hit a target all day. | 他一整天都没打中猎物 |
[28:22] | He should indeed. | 确实如此 |
[28:28] | Every shot he made was wonky. | 他每枪都软弱无力 |
[28:32] | I shall call him Lord Wonky. | 我应该叫他软弱[阳痿]大人 |
[28:50] | This fricassee is delicious. | 这焖肉真是太美味了 |
[29:05] | Off to bed, off to bed. | 该上床了 上床了 |
[29:08] | Come, come on, hold on to my arm. | 来吧 抓住我的手 |
[29:10] | What is it, Mama? | 怎么了 妈妈 |
[29:12] | Hold on to my arm… quiet, quiet! | 抓住我的手 小声点 小声点 |
[29:14] | Come. | 来 |
[29:16] | Come! | 快来 |
[29:20] | Stealing away like a thief | 像贼一样偷偷摸摸地逃走 |
[29:23] | when I was coming to bring you these. | 我是来给你送这个的 |
[29:29] | My freedom papers. | 我的自由证明 |
[29:39] | You’ve signed them. | 你签过字了 |
[29:40] | To release myself from my father’s depravity. | 我是为了让自己从父亲的堕落中解脱 |
[29:44] | – I wasn’t sure you would. – Just go. | -我没想到你会签 -走吧 |
[29:55] | Come! | 来吧 |
[29:55] | The deed grants you your own liberty. | 证明只是给你一个人自由 |
[29:59] | It doesn’t extend to the children. | 效力不会影响到你的孩子们 |
[30:04] | So we’re not free at all? | 我们根本没有自由 |
[30:05] | You are free. | 你自由了 |
[30:06] | – I won’t leave them. – The choice isn’t yours. | -我不会离开他们的 -这由不得你决定 |
[30:08] | Abigail, the children. | 阿比盖尔 把这些孩子带走 |
[30:11] | No, it’s… no, you… | 不 不 你… |
[30:14] | No, you can’t keep them! | 你不能留着他们 |
[30:16] | I don’t intend to. | 我也不想 |
[30:17] | They will have most value to me on the plantation. | 他们在种植园工作 对我来说是最有利的 |
[30:20] | No! | 不要 |
[30:21] | – Mama. – Mama! | -妈妈 -妈妈 |
[30:22] | No, please, Benjamin. | 不要 求你了 本杰明 |
[30:26] | Please, Benjamin, no. | 求你了 本杰明 不要 |
[30:27] | You will go. | 你走吧 |
[30:57] | We’re not shy of men, what are you doing? | 我们又不缺人 你要做什么 |
[30:59] | Fighting, Margaret, like I always did. | 打架 玛格丽特 就像我常做的一样 |
[31:04] | You are returned with your organ grinder. | 你又带着街头手风琴师回来了 |
[31:09] | Get him, boys! | 抓住他 伙计们 |
[31:13] | Nancy, go on, Nancy, get him! | 南茜 快去 快抓住他 |
[31:15] | Get him, girl! | 抓住他 姑娘们 |
[31:29] | Keep away from the cart! | 离马车远点 |
[31:32] | Piece of shit! | 你个贱人 |
[31:41] | Run for the watch, girl, | 女儿 快去找夜间巡逻队 |
[31:42] | as though your life depends upon it! | 竭尽全力快跑 |
[31:43] | Yes, Mother! | 是 妈妈 |
[32:08] | We shall retire. | 我们该就寝了 |
[32:33] | Have you ever laid with a man | 你有没有羞辱过一个男人后 |
[32:34] | after insulting his manhood? | 再与他共寝过 |
[32:39] | He will pound you to tripe. | 他会打死你的 |
[33:00] | What devilment is this? | 这里是怎么回事 |
[33:02] | We’re new tenants, sir, | 我们是新来的住户 大人 |
[33:03] | set upon by villains as we’re trying to move in. | 刚准备搬进来的时候被这些恶人攻击了 |
[33:06] | She is a filthy bawd. | 她是个下流的老鸨 |
[33:07] | Our masters don’t want her here. | 我们的主人不想让她住在这 |
[33:11] | She’s a hellcat! | 她是个泼妇 |
[33:13] | Then your masters will take it up with her landlord, | 那你的主人只能和她的房东 |
[33:15] | or the King of England himself. | 或是英国国王商量了 |
[33:16] | But you rogues will move on. | 你们这些恶棍该滚了 |
[33:18] | Yeah! | 对 |
[33:19] | You heard him. | 你们都听见了 |
[33:21] | All right, clear the way, or I’ll… | 好了 都给我让开 不然我就… |
[33:23] | Get out of here. | 滚 |
[33:25] | There’s a fine fellow now. | 有人主持公道了 |
[33:26] | Get out of here, you piece of shit. | 滚开 你这个废物 |
[33:27] | You heard the man. | 你们都听见他说的了 |
[33:29] | – Move off. – Yeah, go home. | -快走 -回家去吧 |
[33:31] | Right, let’s get this gear off. | 好了 把东西卸下来吧 |
[34:43] | Will! | 威廉 |
[35:06] | My lady has sent me to dress you, miss. | 夫人要我过来给你更衣 小姐 |
[35:08] | One moment, please. | 请稍等 |
[35:33] | Soaked into the wood. | 渗到木头里面了 |
[35:36] | How long you been down there? | 你在这里多久了 |
[35:46] | We’ll never be free of the stench. | 这些恶臭永远也弄不掉了 |
[35:50] | We haven’t got enough beds or girls to fill the place. | 我们没有足够的床或姑娘 |
[35:55] | What if I’ve brought a scourge upon us? | 要是我给大家招来了灾祸怎么办 |
[35:58] | What if the stench is me? | 要是这恶臭就是我怎么办 |
[36:01] | You have brought a scourge upon us. | 你已经给大家招来灾祸了 |
[36:06] | Lydia Quigley. | 莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[36:07] | The stench, that’s Mary Cooper. | 这股恶臭 是玛丽·库伯身上的 |
[36:12] | – I can’t do this, Will. – Well, that’s too bad. | -我做不到 威廉 -很不幸 |
[36:16] | This is the course you set us upon. | 这是你给我们招来的报应 |
[36:20] | The girls will soon awake. | 姑娘们很快就要醒了 |
[36:22] | The culls will arrive. | 客人就要上门了 |
[36:25] | Culls might not come. | 客人可能不会来了 |
[36:27] | In which case, the lack of beds will not be a problem. | 这样就不用担心床不够了 |
[36:40] | And once she had got inside, | 玛格丽特·威尔斯进去后 |
[36:43] | did Margaret Wells emerge again? | 有出过房子吗 |
[36:45] | Only her bully man, draggin’ out the sack. | 只有她的相好 拖出来一个麻袋 |
[36:50] | No doubt filled with what you left them. | 不用说 装的肯定是你留给他们的东西 |
[36:57] | You have a better play than that. | 你的牌没出好 |
[37:00] | The skill is knowing which card your adversary holds, | 技巧就是知道你对手的手上有什么牌 |
[37:11] | Mr. Osborne is here, Mumma. | 奥斯本先生来了 妈妈 |
[37:13] | It’s Mary-Louise’s turn and she’s disappeared. | 该露易丝·玛丽接待的 但是她不见了 |
[37:17] | Well, take him to Emily Lacey. | 那就把他带到埃米莉·莱西那儿去 |
[37:25] | Miss Lacey. | 莱西小姐 |
[37:29] | Mr. Osborne for you. | 奥斯本先生由你接待 |
[38:04] | What if nobody co… | 要是没人来… |
[38:12] | The tits come to the lard. | 有活干了 |
[38:27] | I have no home, no money, | 我没有家 没有钱 |
[38:31] | and I wouldn’t care if only I had my children. | 要是孩子在身边我也不会在意 |
[38:37] | I would rather be dead than be without them. | 没有他们我宁愿死 |
[38:43] | If they’re slaves, then surely they’re for sale. | 如果他们是奴隶 肯定是会被卖掉的 |
[38:48] | You will buy them back. | 你可以把他们买回来 |
[38:51] | How? | 怎么买 |
[38:53] | All I can do is pay you what I pay another girl. | 我能做的就是 像给另一个姑娘一样给你工钱 |
[39:02] | I can never be a whore. | 我绝不当妓女 |
[39:03] | A kitchen maid. | 烧饭女佣 |
[39:06] | Work for me, | 为我做事 |
[39:07] | and you’ll go to bed every night knowing you have worked. | 这样你就会觉得自己有了份工作每晚安心入睡 |
[39:10] | You forget I was a slave, Mrs. Wells. | 你忘了我曾经是个奴隶 威尔斯夫人 |
[39:17] | Lucy’s home. | 露西回来了 |
[39:38] | The journey from the country took hours. | 从乡下回来要好几个小时 |
[39:41] | You left London? | 你离开伦敦了 |
[39:44] | It was astounding, Ma. | 我也很吃惊 妈 |
[39:46] | Come now. | 快进屋 |
[39:48] | Haxby? | 哈克斯比 |
[39:51] | Don’t let him squirm off the hook, Howard. | 千万别让他舒服了 霍华德 |
[39:54] | I won’t. | 不会的 |
[39:55] | Haxby! | 哈克斯比 |
[40:03] | I need the piss pot. | 我要用尿盆 |
[40:07] | I’ll summon the maid. | 我去叫女佣 |
[40:09] | No. | 不用 |
[40:10] | No, I have the piss pot. | 不用叫 尿盆就在这 |
[40:11] | What I require is a menial to hold it. | 我只需要一个仆人端着它 |
[40:17] | – Sir? – Hold my piss pot, Haxby. | -大人 -端着我的尿盆 哈克斯比 |
[40:43] | You think because your family have been | 你以为就凭你的家族世世代代 |
[40:45] | with the estate for generations | 都生活在这栋房子里 |
[40:46] | that I’m forced to endure you, | 我就得忍受你 |
[40:48] | like an ugly old heirloom. | 把你当个又老又丑的传家宝吗 |
[40:52] | Meddle again and I’ll kick you out in the street like a dog. | 再多管闲事 我就像赶狗一样把你赶到街上 |
[40:55] | My wife will snivel for all of five minutes | 我老婆顶多会为此哭五分钟 |
[40:57] | and then she’ll forget you. | 接着她就把你忘了 |
[40:59] | Because a servant is just a servant. | 因为你就是个仆人罢了 |
[41:14] | Hide your faces, harlots! | 遮住面孔吧 妓女们 |
[41:17] | And damned are the weak and wayward men | 诅咒那些软弱妄为 |
[41:22] | who would indulge in fornication. | 肆意通奸的男人 |
[41:26] | This temple of vice | 这座罪恶的庙宇 |
[41:29] | will burn to its very cinders. | 将会燃为灰烬 |
[41:33] | You’re welcome here always, Mr. Armitage, | 随时恭候着您的光临 阿米蒂奇先生 |
[41:35] | and at your usual rate. | 还是老价格 |
[41:38] | Less, if you can extract that eyeless tumor from the doorstep. | 要是你能把那个毒瘤从门外赶走 价格更低 |
[41:42] | I’m off duty. | 我下班了 |
[41:43] | And if I don’t have Fanny Lambert right this moment, | 而且如果范妮·兰伯特不马上来陪我 |
[41:45] | I might die a death of wanting. | 我就要饥渴死了 |
[41:48] | She was a treat before. | 她本就是上帝的恩赐 |
[41:50] | But in that new dress… | 但穿上那条新裙子… |
[41:53] | You have buttered the bacon, Mrs. Wells! | 你真是锦上添花了 威尔斯夫人 |
[41:59] | Hide your faces, harlots! | 遮住面孔吧 妓女们 |
[42:02] | Hide them in very shame. | 将它们藏于羞耻之下 |
[42:04] | But the severest damnation be reserved, | 但最严重的惩罚 |
[42:10] | for it is she who provides | 将加于那个为罪恶 |
[42:12] | both instrument and opportunity for vice. | 提供了条件和机会的女人 |
[42:16] | Is this how you welcome your new neighbor, | 你就是这样欢迎你的新邻居的吗 |
[42:18] | Mrs. Scanwell? | 斯康威尔夫人 |
[42:18] | I bid you no welcome, flesh-peddler. | 我没打算欢迎你 卖肉的 |
[42:21] | Your mistress is also a bawd. | 你的女主人也是个老鸨 |
[42:24] | It is Pimp Quigley that set you upon me, is it not? | 是奎格利那个老鸨派你来挑衅我的吧 |
[42:27] | God alone is my master. | 上帝是我唯一的主人 |
[42:29] | I am a good Samaritan here to warn you | 我是好心警告你 |
[42:33] | that your mistress will lead you to the bonfire | 如果你放任你女主人的所作所为 |
[42:35] | if you let her. | 她会让你葬身火海 |
[42:37] | Her soul is three shades blacker than your skin. | 她的灵魂比你的肤色还要黑上三度 |
[42:52] | Mother is fearlessly fighting your campaign, | 母亲在无畏地为你斗争 |
[42:55] | but… her health is not strong. | 但… 她的健康状况不太好 |
[42:57] | And Mrs. Wells just mocked us with scorn. | 而威尔斯夫人却轻蔑地嘲讽了我们 |
[43:00] | She feasts like a rat on a corpse pile | 她就是尸堆里狂欢的鼠辈 |
[43:02] | but she will become bloated and complacent. | 但她很快会洋洋得意 自我膨胀 |
[43:04] | Do not falter in your campaign, my dear. | 别动摇你的抗争之心 亲爱的 |
[43:07] | Then we can stay in your house? | 那样我们就能继续住在你的房子里吗 |
[43:14] | What a jewel you are. | 你真是个可人儿 |
[43:19] | Your mother’s very fortunate to have you. | 你母亲有你是她的幸运 |
[43:40] | Your mother tells me you play. | 你母亲告诉我你会弹琴 |
[43:43] | I’d love to hear you. | 我想听听看 |
[43:59] | Does your hand trouble you? | 你的手不舒服吗 |
[44:05] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[44:07] | Then unfurl it. | 那就摊开吧 |
[44:23] | Mr. Byrne? | 伯恩先生 |
[44:25] | I don’t think she likes me. | 我觉得她不喜欢我 |
[44:42] | What’s happened? | 怎么回事 |
[44:54] | There’s a rotten smell in here, Ma. | 这里面有股腐臭味 妈 |
[44:58] | I’m trying to fix it. | 我在想办法解决 |
[45:21] | *Care you not, therefore you sleep* | *别再烦恼 才能安睡* |
[45:27] | *While other o’er your watch do keep* | *没有你的看管 一切也井然有序* |
[45:33] | *Sleep, little darling, do not cry* | *安睡吧 小宝贝 别哭泣* |
[45:38] | *And I’ll sing a last lullaby* | *我再唱最后一支摇篮曲* |
[45:52] | *Sleep, my own treasure, don’t hear me cry* | *安睡吧 我的宝贝 别听我哭泣* |
[46:04] | *And I’ll sing a last lullaby* | *我会唱最后一支摇篮曲* |