时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | That Lydia bitch Quigley. | 那个莉迪亚·奎格利贱人 |
[00:06] | She’s trying to keep me down. | 她想打压我 |
[00:07] | That woman is pure menace. | 那个女人是个真正的威胁 |
[00:10] | Sometimes… | 有时 |
[00:11] | God just fills your glass. | 上帝会突然眷顾你 |
[00:15] | What’s your price so I may have her? | 多少钱才能得到她 |
[00:17] | I’ll be taking sealed bids | 我会拿露西的初夜 |
[00:18] | for Lucy’s virginity | 进行密投 |
[00:20] | as I did for Charlotte, | 夏洛特当时也是这样 |
[00:21] | my older daughter. | 我的大女儿 |
[00:23] | …one of the brightest stars in London’s firmament. | 伦敦夜空中最耀眼的明星之一 |
[00:28] | Charlotte? | 夏洛特 |
[00:29] | Charlotte, you infernal whore! | 夏洛特 你个可恶的婊子 |
[00:31] | – I want Lucy. – Lucy is exceptional. | -我想要露西 -露西可是极品 |
[00:33] | You may not ever refuse me. | 你永远别想拒绝我 |
[00:35] | No! | 不 |
[00:39] | It’s my murder now. | 这下是我犯了谋杀罪 |
[00:41] | The beast requires feeding again. | 野兽又饥渴难耐了 |
[00:45] | The hounds are coming, vixen. | 猎犬在路上了 |
[00:48] | To catch a beast, you must have bait. | 想擒住一只野兽 你必须放置诱饵 |
[00:50] | If I knew the nature of the beast, | 如果我能知道是哪头野兽 |
[00:52] | how much better I could nourish it. | 或许我能投其所好 |
[00:55] | If it is you, | 如果这是你 |
[00:58] | who were they? | 他们是什么呢 |
[01:06] | My mother was sold age 10. | 我妈十岁时被卖给鸨母 |
[01:08] | Lydia Quigley | 莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[01:10] | put her to work as a whore. | 让她做妓女 |
[01:11] | Charlotte! | 夏洛特 |
[01:12] | Fate has put me in her house, | 命运使我进入她的妓院 |
[01:15] | and I will bring her down. | 我会让她万劫不复 |
[01:46] | – Which one, which one? – How about her? | -哪个 哪个 -她怎么样 |
[01:48] | Angel from the gods | 仙境的天使 |
[01:49] | that needs corrupting. | 需要堕落腐蚀 |
[01:51] | Look at this. | 瞧瞧 |
[02:02] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[02:10] | And you, beautiful. | 你真美 |
[02:15] | These are untamed naiads; | 她们是不食烟火的仙女 |
[02:17] | you’ll frighten them away. | 你会把她们吓跑的 |
[02:19] | You must watch them, | 你只可远观 |
[02:21] | like a work of art. | 当做艺术品欣赏 |
[02:23] | When can we tup the work of art? | 我们什么时候可以把这件艺术品糟蹋了 |
[02:26] | When you pay me three gold guineas. | 先给我三枚金币 |
[02:30] | Each. | 每人 |
[02:52] | Our Lord knew that | 上帝知道 |
[02:53] | virtue grew in the desert, | 美德在荒漠中生长 |
[02:56] | not in palaces of luxury. | 而不是奢华的宫殿 |
[02:59] | There is honor in poverty, | 贫穷亦有荣耀 |
[03:02] | and strength in hunger. | 饥饿亦有力量 |
[03:04] | Those who turn their backs on the sugared coin | 抛弃了甜蜜的金钱 |
[03:07] | will be welcomed into paradise. | 就能够升入天堂 |
[03:09] | – Thief! – The Lord is always with you. | -小偷 -主永远与你同在 |
[03:11] | – Thief! – If you give him your heart. | -小偷 -如果你对他献出真心 |
[03:13] | – Thief! – Do not fall into | -小偷 -不要堕入 |
[03:15] | the fleshly chasm, | 肉欲的深谷 |
[03:16] | for the brief bliss that it offers | 它给予的短暂极乐 |
[03:19] | will incinerate your soul. | 将焚尽你的灵魂 |
[03:21] | – It matches. – Embrace your wretchedness | -很相配 -拥抱你的不幸 |
[03:24] | and be thankful, | 心存感激 |
[03:26] | for as you chew the dry crust | 当你咀嚼着干面包 |
[03:29] | and thirst for clear water, | 渴望清水时 |
[03:31] | know that respite is waiting in the next world. | 记住来世就能歇息了 |
[03:44] | Get off me! | 放开我 |
[03:47] | Get off me! | 放开我 |
[03:49] | Get off me! | 放开我 |
[03:53] | – No! – Am I not even allowed to speak to him? | -不 -我都不能和他说话吗 |
[03:56] | I live in the same house. | 我和你们住在一起 |
[03:57] | What exactly are you accusing her of? | 你到底要指责她什么 |
[03:59] | Every time I look, you’re flashing | 每次我都能看见你 |
[04:00] | your cow’s eyes at my man. | 瞪着牛眼盯着我男人 |
[04:01] | How dare you accuse me, | 你怎么敢指责我 |
[04:02] | I’ve done nothing wrong! | 我没有做错任何事 |
[04:03] | Am I blind? | 难道我瞎了吗 |
[04:05] | How can you deny it? | 你怎么能否认 |
[04:07] | This is the manufacture | 你就是这样 |
[04:08] | of your green-eyed soul. | 越来越爱嫉妒的 |
[04:11] | I want you out of my house! | 你现在就给我滚出去 |
[04:13] | I want you to get out. | 你给我出去 |
[04:15] | I’ll not stay to be maligned. | 我不会再忍受你的中伤了 |
[04:17] | You’re in love with him. | 你爱上他了 |
[04:18] | How can you deny it? | 你怎么能否认 |
[04:20] | What? | 什么 |
[04:23] | Don’t you feign ignorance with me, William North. | 你别假装不知道 威廉姆·诺斯 |
[04:26] | She plays you like a tinker’s fiddle. | 她把你玩弄于股掌 |
[04:28] | This isn’t about Harriet! | 这不是哈里特的问题 |
[04:32] | I won’t suffer her another day. | 我不愿意再忍受她了 |
[04:35] | Margaret! | 玛格丽特 |
[04:37] | Maggie, Joseph, get your things. | 玛吉 约瑟夫 收拾东西 |
[04:38] | – We have to leave. – What have you done? | -我们要走了 -你做了什么 |
[04:40] | It’s been brewing like a hurricane. | 酝酿了这么久的飓风 |
[04:42] | Now it breaks. | 终于爆发了 |
[04:44] | Maggie, Joseph, please! | 玛吉 约瑟夫 拜托 |
[04:48] | – Harriet Lennox! – Go, go. | -哈莉特·伦诺克斯 -快走 |
[04:50] | Harriet Lennox, I want you gone! | 哈莉特·伦诺克斯 你给我滚 |
[04:53] | Mrs. Wells, please! | 威尔斯夫人 求你了 |
[04:54] | Now you keep your chops out, Fanny, | 一边待着去 范妮 |
[04:56] | or you and yours will be next! | 要不然下一个就是你们母女 |
[04:57] | If you doubt your man’s affections, | 如果你怀疑你男人的心意 |
[04:58] | it’s not because of me. | 那也不是因为我 |
[04:59] | Get out of my house, | 滚出我的房子 |
[05:00] | you haughty, sneering slut! | 傲慢自负的婊子 |
[05:03] | Get out of my house! | 滚出我的房子 |
[05:06] | Go on, get out. | 快走 滚出去 |
[05:08] | This is a cursed and god-forsaken house. | 这座房子受到诅咒 被上帝抛弃 |
[05:11] | Get out, you spider! | 滚出去 害人精 |
[05:12] | Oh, I’m going– | 我正要走 |
[05:13] | for fear my daughter ends up like yours. | 以防我女儿落得你女儿的下场 |
[05:16] | Go, come on. | 走 走吧 |
[05:18] | You shame us all. | 你让我们都蒙羞 |
[05:24] | Kitty, | 凯蒂 |
[05:25] | take the gentleman upstairs. | 带这位先生上楼 |
[05:27] | ‐ No. ‐ What’ve you done? | -不 -你干什么了 |
[05:29] | ‐ Harriet! ‐ Ah, my own daughter. | -哈里特 -我的宝贝女儿 |
[05:32] | Give her a moment of your time | 请给她一点时间 |
[05:33] | and she’ll take you to circles of heaven. | 她会带您共赴云雨 |
[05:35] | You’d foist me off as a substitute for Kitty? | 你要强迫我来代替凯蒂吗 |
[05:41] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[05:43] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[05:47] | I don’t want you to leave. | 我不想你走 |
[05:49] | That woman killed a man | 那个女人徒手 |
[05:50] | with her bare hands. | 把一个男人杀死了 |
[05:54] | You should leave too. | 你也应该离开 |
[06:08] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[06:13] | There is nothing where there is no trust. | 失去了信任 便什么都没了 |
[06:16] | Of course there’s trust. | 我当然信任你 |
[06:18] | She’s been the poison between us. | 是她破坏了我们的关系 |
[06:21] | The poison between us | 破坏我们关系的 |
[06:22] | is a rich man’s corpse. | 是那个富人的尸体 |
[06:24] | It lies strangled and rotting | 被扼死 然后腐烂在 |
[06:25] | in a marble mausoleum. | 大理石的坟墓里 |
[06:32] | You’ve gone your own way, | 你走自己的路 |
[06:33] | Margaret, always. | 玛格丽特 一直都是 |
[06:36] | Now I’ll go mine. | 现在我也走自己的 |
[06:42] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[06:45] | Pa, don’t go! | 老爹 不要走 |
[06:47] | Jacob, go back to your ma. | 雅各布 回你妈妈身边 |
[06:48] | ‐ No! ‐ Jacob. | -不 -雅各布 |
[07:11] | He’ll soon be back. | 他很快就会回来的 |
[07:13] | He better be before she throws me out. | 在她把我赶出去前 他最好回来 |
[07:17] | I’ll be next, me or Mercy. | 我就是下一个 不是我就是默西 |
[07:19] | She said so. | 她这么说的 |
[07:22] | If she tries it, | 如果她真这么做 |
[07:23] | I’ll come with you. | 我也跟你一起走 |
[07:34] | We could set ourselves up. | 我们可以自己单干 |
[07:36] | I’ve been thinking a while. | 我想了一段时间了 |
[07:37] | You, me, and Harriet. | 你 我 还有哈里特 |
[07:40] | Two of us working, | 两个人干活 |
[07:41] | one with the children. | 一个带孩子 |
[07:43] | You’d be our bawd? | 你当老鸨吗 |
[07:46] | We wouldn’t have a bawd; | 我们没有老鸨 |
[07:47] | we’d share. | 大家一起赚钱 |
[07:49] | I want to live with my daughter. | 我想和我女儿一起生活 |
[07:52] | What about Mrs. Wells? | 那威尔斯夫人怎么办 |
[07:55] | She uses us, Fan. | 她利用我们 小范 |
[07:59] | I used to pretend she was my mother. | 我曾经假装她是我妈 |
[08:05] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:16] | Justice Josiah Hunt. | 约西亚·亨特法官 |
[08:21] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[08:31] | Lydia Quigley? | 莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[08:34] | Charlotte Wells. | 夏洛特·威尔斯 |
[08:36] | W‐what’s your position in the house? | 你在这里的位置是什么 |
[08:41] | Upright, | 吹箫 |
[08:43] | side‐saddle, | 女上位 |
[08:45] | bare‐back, recumbent… | 不戴套 躺卧位 |
[08:46] | What’s yours? | 你呢 |
[08:48] | I’m more than delighted to meet you. | 见到您非常高兴 |
[08:51] | ‐ Congratulations on your rise. ‐ Thank you. | -恭喜升职 -谢谢 |
[08:54] | I wrote as soon as I heard of your appointment. | 一听说您的任命我就写信了 |
[08:56] | Your predecessor was a dear friend, | 前任法官是我的好朋友 |
[08:58] | as I hope you will be, Justice Hunt. | 也希望能和您成为朋友 亨特法官 |
[09:03] | I see you’ve met my fair adventuress, Miss Wells. | 你见过了我们的蛇蝎美人 威尔斯小姐 |
[09:06] | Forgive me, I don’t squander words. | 抱歉 我就直奔主题了 |
[09:11] | What might you provide for me? | 你能给我提供什么 |
[09:13] | Here, you will find rest, | 在这里 您能放松身心 |
[09:15] | respite, rejuvenation. | 休息片刻 恢复活力 |
[09:19] | A little more than that, I think? | 我想不止这些吧 |
[09:22] | In my house, | 在我的房子里 |
[09:23] | a man’s desires are met | 人的欲望会满足于 |
[09:24] | with unrestrained and willing grace. | 无尽宽厚的恩典 |
[09:35] | It’s usually more tranquil here. | 平时一般会更安静 |
[09:37] | May I guess your taste? | 我来猜猜你的口味 |
[09:41] | You like sincerity, | 你喜欢真诚的 |
[09:44] | perhaps a little modesty. | 也许端庄稳重一些 |
[09:46] | Even‐‐Miss Pettifer. | 甚至 佩蒂福小姐 |
[09:49] | Or is Miss Wells a fitting match for you? | 也许威尔斯小姐合你的口味 |
[09:54] | I sense a man who likes an element of risk. | 我感觉你是个喜欢冒险的人 |
[10:01] | Choose your pleasure. | 请君挑选 |
[10:04] | Lydia Quigley, this is a warrant for your arrest | 莉迪亚·奎格利 这是你的逮捕令 |
[10:06] | as a keeper of a bawdy and disorderly house. | 指控你经营卖淫场所 |
[10:11] | You’re trying to gull me. | 你想骗我 |
[10:12] | I’m no common bawd. | 我不是老鸨 |
[10:15] | And I’m no common fool. | 我也不是傻子 |
[10:16] | ‐ Anne, look to the girls. ‐ No, this is a grave mistake. | -安妮 看着姑娘们 -肯定搞错了 |
[10:19] | Find out if any girl is here against her will. | 找出非自愿待在这里的女孩 |
[10:21] | And I want the name of every man | 记录所有男人的名字 |
[10:22] | before you t‐turn them out. | 然后把他们赶出去 |
[10:25] | This is‐‐ this is unheard of. | 真是前所未闻 |
[10:31] | Insupportable. | 无法忍受 |
[10:32] | When it happened to Ma, | 之前我妈这样的时候 |
[10:32] | it was nothing but a fine. | 只是罚了款 |
[10:34] | I’ll make sure the girls are loyal | 我会保证姑娘们都忠于你 |
[10:35] | and you’ll soon placate him. | 你很快能解决的 |
[10:57] | Well, fuck my old boots. | 去你妈的吧 |
[11:22] | Who put the sour plum up your arse? | 这是谁这么糟蹋你 |
[11:27] | Nance… | 南茜 |
[11:28] | Everything you said is coming true. | 你说的话应验了 |
[11:31] | You said they’d all leave me, | 你说他们都会离开我 |
[11:33] | one by one, | 一个一个 |
[11:35] | that I’d drive them all away. | 我会把他们都赶走 |
[11:38] | Charlotte’s gone. | 夏洛特走了 |
[11:41] | Now Will. | 现在是威廉 |
[11:43] | That French bitch has left | 那个法国婊子走了 |
[11:44] | owing me 50 pound in debt. | 还欠我五十磅 |
[11:48] | My girls shun me. | 我的姑娘们逃避我 |
[11:53] | That slut Harriet said my house is cursed. | 那个荡妇哈里特说我的房子被诅咒了 |
[11:57] | No one ever did murder and slept easy. | 问心无愧才能睡得安稳 |
[12:02] | Violet’s been caught thieving. | 维奥莱特偷东西被抓了 |
[12:04] | That new Justice. | 那个新的法官 |
[12:06] | He gave Sally Mckenzie a month of clink | 他让莎莉·麦肯齐蹲了一个月牢房 |
[12:08] | for scratching her muff in the street. | 就因为她在大街上挠了下体 |
[12:11] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[12:13] | You want me to put myself in sight of a Justice? | 你是想让我出现在法官视线内吗 |
[12:15] | Hiding away won’t convince him of your virtue. | 靠躲藏可没法让他相信你的品德 |
[12:17] | The girl needs us. | 她需要我们 |
[12:18] | No. | 不 |
[12:21] | You’re losing all your friends, are you? | 你正在失去所有的朋友 对吗 |
[12:30] | Your mother vexes me sore. | 你妈让我头疼至极 |
[12:32] | Come home or she’ll just vex me. | 回家吧 不然她又要来烦我 |
[12:36] | I know you didn’t fuck Harriet. | 我知道你没有操哈里特 |
[12:39] | You don’t wear coarseness well. | 你不适合这么粗俗的语言 |
[12:44] | I feel for Harriet. | 我对哈里特有感情 |
[12:46] | Not in the base way that your mother thinks, | 并不是你母亲想的那种感情 |
[12:48] | but her and her children, | 但她和她的孩子 |
[12:52] | they make me feel how precious is our freedom. | 他们让我认识到自由多么重要 |
[12:57] | No one’s free, Pa. | 没人是自由的 爸 |
[13:01] | Hm, who’s got you in chains? | 有人给你上了枷锁吗 |
[13:05] | You’re free as the wind. | 你如风一样自由 |
[13:11] | Tell your mother to send my things. | 让你母亲把我的东西寄来 |
[13:14] | I’m stopping here. | 我在这住下了 |
[13:21] | Mrs. Wells, | 威尔斯夫人 |
[13:23] | what news of Miss Charlotte? | 有夏洛特小姐的消息吗 |
[13:25] | She and her Irish knave kept me in print for days. | 她和她的爱尔兰无赖让我报道了多日 |
[13:28] | Did she murder Sir George Howard? | 是她杀了乔治·霍华德爵士吗 |
[13:29] | Go fuck a flogging post, Mr. Holland. | 操鞭刑棍去吧 霍兰德先生 |
[13:32] | You stand accused of common theft | 你被指控盗窃 |
[13:34] | that during an act of carnality with James Buckley, | 你和詹姆斯·巴克利交媾时 |
[13:37] | you did steal a cloth purse | 偷了一个布钱包 |
[13:39] | containing five shillings and threepence. | 钱包里有五先令和三便士 |
[13:41] | How do you plead? | 你如何解释 |
[13:42] | The man is thick with gin. | 那个男的很大方 |
[13:43] | He gave me the purse. | 钱包是他给我的 |
[13:46] | I can vouch for her, sir. | 我可以替她担保 法官 |
[13:48] | I know her character! | 我了解她的脾性 |
[13:50] | Liar, harlot, thief | 骗子 妓女 小偷 |
[13:52] | her character is plain. | 她的脾性显而易见 |
[13:53] | The witness against this girl is a notorious drunk. | 指证这个女孩的人是臭名昭著的酒鬼 |
[13:56] | I’ll empty this court if I hear one word more. | 再多说一句 我会让你们都出去 |
[14:00] | Violet Cross, I sentence you | 维奥莱特·克洛斯 我宣布 |
[14:01] | to be branded on the thumb a thief | 你将被烙上盗窃罪印 |
[14:03] | and t‐transported to America | 并押送到美国 |
[14:06] | for a term of – for a term of seven years servitude. | 任期七年奴役 |
[14:10] | ‐ No, no. ‐ Seven years? | -不 -七年 |
[14:11] | For a five shilling purse? | 就因为五先令的钱包 |
[14:13] | Fine, give her a fine! | 罚款 罚款得了 |
[14:18] | The court calls Lydia Quigley! | 传莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[14:22] | What in the name of Saint Cock? | 我的老天爷 |
[14:33] | Lydia Quigley, | 莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[14:35] | it has been witnessed that you do incite, | 有证人说你煽动 |
[14:38] | procure, counsel, and command young women | 诱使 劝告和命令年轻女性 |
[14:40] | to acts of prostitution | 去卖淫 |
[14:43] | and that you keep a bawdy and disorderly house. | 而且开设卖淫场所 |
[14:46] | How do you plead? | 你如何解释 |
[14:48] | I’m amazed to death. | 我简直太惊讶了 |
[14:52] | I’m not capable of such appalling things. | 我没本事做这么可怕的事 |
[14:55] | I have seen for myself. | 我亲自求证过 |
[14:57] | I fine you according to your means. | 我会根据你的财产收取罚款 |
[15:00] | ‐ A fine is not enough! ‐ Silence! | -罚款根本不足为道 -肃静 |
[15:02] | This is a vile kidnapper. | 她就是个邪恶的绑匪 |
[15:05] | She feeds the markets of rape! | 是她在支持着强奸犯 |
[15:06] | Rape, yeah, that’s right! | 强奸 是的 |
[15:10] | Who makes this accusation? | 是谁提出这项指控 |
[15:13] | Margaret Wells of Greek Street. | 希腊街的玛格丽特·威尔斯 |
[15:14] | D‐do you wish to make a formal accusation? | 你想做出正式的指控吗 |
[15:19] | If so, bring me witnesses and evidence. | 如果是的话 给我证据和证人 |
[15:21] | Otherwise you speak slander. | 不然你就是在诽谤 |
[15:25] | Lydia Quigley, | 莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[15:26] | I fine you for k‐keeping a disorderly house. | 你因开设卖淫场所需缴纳罚款 |
[15:30] | Five hundred pounds to be paid in coin forthwith, | 立刻缴纳五百磅硬币 |
[15:34] | or by time in the house of correction. | 否则就在拘留所关到付款为止 |
[15:37] | God is good! | 上帝是公正的 |
[15:38] | Order, order! | 肃静 肃静 |
[15:40] | Can you pay, Mrs. Quigley? | 能支付吗 奎格利夫人 |
[15:42] | No, I need time. | 不 我需要时间 |
[15:44] | You shall have it. | 那就给你时间 |
[15:46] | In the house of correction. | 去拘留所等着吧 |
[15:49] | God is just! | 上帝是公正的 |
[15:55] | Take your hands off of me. | 把你的手拿开 |
[16:01] | Emily Lacey could get her on the gallows. | 埃米莉·莱西可能会把她送上绞刑架 |
[16:03] | Go straight to her, | 直接去找她 |
[16:04] | before Quigley pays her fine. | 趁奎格利付清罚款前 |
[16:07] | Nance… | 南茜 |
[16:10] | Is she falling? | 她是不是要垮台了 |
[16:12] | I never thought I’d see it. | 我从没想过我能见到这一幕 |
[16:15] | One hard push and she’s in the fiery pit. | 再推一把 她就会永劫不复 |
[16:23] | Here’s your story, | 这是你的报道 |
[16:25] | Dame Death faces doom. | 死亡女爵面临着厄运 |
[16:28] | Justice has a new d‐d‐direction. | 公正有了新的方向 |
[16:32] | Someone else must have knowledge of her crimes. | 肯定有别人知道她的罪行 |
[16:35] | They may come forward. | 他们也许会站出来 |
[16:37] | Waste no time. | 别浪费时间了 |
[16:44] | ‐ What are we supposed to do? ‐ I’ve got… | -我们该怎么办 -我有… |
[16:45] | Shall I lock them in their rooms? | 我要不要把她们关进房间 |
[16:47] | No, take them out. | 不 把她们带出来 |
[16:49] | That isn’t safe. | 这样不安全 |
[16:51] | We have to show the world this house remains undaunted. | 我们必须告诉全世界这座房子不会倒 |
[16:53] | Then you take them out. | 那你把她们带出去 |
[16:55] | Gladly, | 好的 |
[16:56] | if you go to the jail house. | 要是你去监狱的话 |
[16:58] | Then do as I propose. | 那就照我说的做 |
[17:01] | Lydia Quigley in jail! | 莉迪亚·奎格利入狱了 |
[17:03] | Well, sing my soul. | 真是老天开眼 |
[17:06] | May she be bitten by a plaguey rat. | 愿她被恶心的老鼠咬 |
[17:09] | She kidnapped you. | 她绑架了你 |
[17:11] | She would’ve had you slain. | 她差点害死你 |
[17:13] | It’s time to tell the Justice what you know. | 是时候告诉法官真相了 |
[17:17] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[17:20] | Has her money made you soft? | 她的钱让你变软弱了吗 |
[17:24] | I’ll speak, | 我要是说了 |
[17:25] | she’ll slither out of jail, | 她从牢里逃出来 |
[17:27] | and then she’ll come for me… | 就会来找我… |
[17:28] | This Justice is a ramrod; | 这位法官铁面无私 |
[17:30] | straight as a gunshot. | 刚正不阿 |
[17:35] | No. | 不 |
[17:38] | – Don’t say no to little Charlie… – Up! | -别对小查理说不 -起来 |
[17:42] | Your ma’s in the clink for being a dirty bawd. | 你妈因为做下流老鸨入狱了 |
[17:45] | The Justice slapped her with a 500 pound fine. | 法官判了500镑罚金 |
[17:48] | I’d say that roasts your golden goose. | 我看这会击垮你们的金主 |
[17:52] | Nance… | 南茜 |
[17:58] | Don’t let fear hold you back. | 别因恐惧而退缩 |
[18:01] | She can’t come for you from the gibbet. | 她没法从绞刑架上下来找你 |
[18:11] | I don’t wish my mother dead. | 我不想让我妈死 |
[18:14] | But she should be in jail | 但她那样对你 |
[18:15] | after what she did to you. | 正该入狱 |
[18:17] | Let’s not cross swords with her, Charlie. | 我们别跟她交锋 查理 |
[18:22] | We’ve everything we need. | 我们拥有需要的一切 |
[18:23] | Golden Square is my inheritance. | 金色广场是我应继承的遗产 |
[18:27] | We could have so much more. | 我们可以拥有更多 |
[18:39] | Mrs. Scanwell! | 斯康威尔夫人 |
[18:40] | Mrs. Wells. | 威尔斯夫人 |
[18:43] | A fine day for justice. | 正义于今日闪耀 |
[18:45] | How can you say so? | 你怎么说得出口 |
[18:46] | My daughter is distressed | 我女儿在为她试图拯救的 |
[18:48] | at the fate of a harlot she is trying to save. | 妓女的命运感到哀伤 |
[18:51] | Miss Scanwell, a word? | 斯康威尔小姐 借一步说话 |
[19:03] | Let me give you this. | 收下这个 |
[19:06] | The last time you offered me help, | 上次你帮我的时候 |
[19:07] | I nearly died. | 我险些丧命 |
[19:12] | We both know Quigley connects | 我们都知道奎格利 |
[19:14] | to Justice Cunliffe’s death. | 与坎利夫法官的死脱不了干系 |
[19:16] | She didn’t hold the knife | 她没有亲自动手 |
[19:18] | but it was done on her order, | 却是出自她的命令 |
[19:20] | I am sure. | 我确定 |
[19:22] | Speak out. | 说出来吧 |
[19:24] | Say what you know. | 说出真相 |
[19:26] | They’ll believe you. | 他们会相信你的 |
[19:27] | I must save a soul today, | 我必须拯救灵魂 |
[19:29] | not damn one. | 而不是迫害灵魂 |
[19:31] | Think about how she abused your mother. | 想想她是怎么侮辱你妈的 |
[19:33] | No. | 不 |
[19:49] | Please, I beg you, please, please. | 求你了 求你了 |
[19:51] | Please, please, please. | 求你了 求你了 |
[19:52] | No, no, please no, please‐‐ | 不不 求你了 不 |
[20:29] | My mother doesn’t deserve all this. | 我妈不配拥有这一切 |
[20:30] | It should be mine. | 这应该是我的 |
[20:39] | So the vultures are gathering. | 看来趁火打劫的都来扎堆了 |
[20:41] | He’s here to chuck the cuckoo out of his nest. | 他来赶走自己窝里的异鸟 |
[20:44] | I’m on my way to the Magistrate to defend your ma. | 我正要去找法官为你妈辩护 |
[20:47] | Will you come? | 你们要来吗 |
[20:48] | My mother’s brought her fate upon herself | 我妈是咎由自取 |
[20:51] | and I’ve no choice but to take the reins. | 我只能来接手妓院了 |
[20:53] | Where are the girls? | 姑娘们哪里去了 |
[20:55] | Out, on my orders. | 我命令她们出去了 |
[20:58] | I don’t know what you’re doing here, | 我不知道你在这里干嘛 |
[21:00] | but I want you gone. | 但我要你走 |
[21:02] | What natural authority. | 好威风啊 |
[21:04] | Your mother will be most impressed. | 你妈会为你骄傲的 |
[21:11] | Justice, a word I beg you! | 法官 请求您听我一言 |
[21:12] | We heartily approve of your actions today. | 我们衷心赞成您今天的判决 |
[21:15] | All but one. | 除了一个 |
[21:16] | We pray you might have mercy | 我们祈求您 |
[21:17] | on the girl named Violet Cross. | 对维奥莱特·克罗斯开恩 |
[21:19] | She’s known no other life than vice, | 她一直过着罪恶的人生 |
[21:21] | but I’ve seen goodness in her heart. | 但我在她内心看到了善良 |
[21:24] | Goodness and love. | 善良和爱 |
[21:27] | The bronze? | 红褐色头发那个吗 |
[21:28] | She is worth saving, sir. | 她值得被拯救 先生 |
[21:30] | Then take c‐comfort. | 那就放宽心吧 |
[21:32] | It’s through punishment that the felon | 罪犯经受惩罚后 |
[21:34] | finds redemption and God’s love. | 就能得到救赎和上帝之爱 |
[21:35] | My daughter taught me the lesson of forgiveness. | 我女儿教会我宽恕 |
[21:40] | This girl’s remorse may transform her | 这个姑娘的懊悔会像惩罚一样 |
[21:42] | as powerfully as punishment. | 有力地改变她 |
[21:44] | Please, | 求求您 |
[21:45] | please have pity. | 可怜可怜她 |
[21:47] | Show her grace. | 对她施予恩典 |
[21:49] | Do not make her a slave. | 别让她沦为奴隶 |
[21:53] | I’ll assess her for myself. | 我会亲自评定她 |
[21:55] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[21:57] | I thank you and I will pray for you. | 谢谢您 我会为您祈祷 |
[22:02] | Emily Lacey won’t speak. | 埃米莉·莱西不肯说 |
[22:05] | The Scanwell girl neither. | 斯康威尔的女儿也是 |
[22:07] | Quigley’s messenger‐boy, Rasselas. | 奎格利的信差 拉塞拉斯 |
[22:08] | He must have some filth on her. | 他一定有奎格利的把柄 |
[22:11] | So must your Charlotte. | 你的夏洛特也是 |
[22:14] | Charlotte sent me away, | 夏洛特和我分道扬镳 |
[22:17] | her own mother, | 她的亲妈 |
[22:18] | like I was rag and bone. | 我像破烂一样被她甩掉了 |
[22:22] | I’d not go to her for a golden lump. | 我绝不会去找她 |
[22:28] | Last Sunday, | 上个礼拜日 |
[22:29] | the body of a girl was found near Bedford Street. | 贝德福德街附近发现一具女性尸体 |
[22:32] | She had been violated and most foully slain. | 她遭到侵犯 被残忍杀害 |
[22:36] | She was last seen at the employment exchange, | 她最后出现在职业介绍所 |
[22:38] | a place you’re known to f‐frequent. | 一个你经常…光顾的地方 |
[22:42] | Like many householders, | 跟很多老板一样 |
[22:44] | I go there seeking staff. | 我去那雇人 |
[22:46] | You can interview the maid I hired. | 你可以问问我雇的那些女仆 |
[22:48] | Torment was done unto that girl. | 那个女孩被折磨了 |
[22:50] | And to the girl you’ve just branded | 那你刚刚用烙铁 |
[22:52] | with a hot iron! | 烙过的姑娘呢 |
[22:53] | Can you not smell her burning flesh? | 你闻不到她身上的烤肉味吗 |
[22:55] | Who f‐frequents your house? | 哪些人是你那的常客 |
[23:00] | Your superiors. | 你的上级们 |
[23:04] | Men of land and parliament, | 地方和议会官员们 |
[23:06] | men who honored you with your position. | 那些授予你官衔的人 |
[23:11] | You could have walked among them. | 你本可以跻身于他们之列的 |
[23:15] | As my predecessor did? | 像我的上一任那样吗 |
[23:17] | I’ll leave you time to dwell upon his fate. | 好好想想他最后的遭遇 |
[23:22] | Obscure and lowly as I am, | 就算我人微言轻 |
[23:24] | I’m entrusted with the law. | 我也被委以执法之权 |
[23:26] | The duty is immense. | 我责任重大 |
[23:29] | I hold the scales of life and death. | 我掌控着生杀大权 |
[23:31] | Why are you barring my visitors? | 你为什么不让我的访客进来 |
[23:35] | No visitors have come. | 没有访客来过 |
[23:48] | What do you want? | 你想干嘛 |
[23:51] | I want my Charlotte. | 我想见夏洛特 |
[23:54] | How about please? | 说句请怎么样 |
[23:56] | How about “Sorry for what I did to you”? | 说句”很抱歉我当时那么对你”如何 |
[23:58] | How about you fuck off | 或者你直接滚回 |
[24:00] | back to Greek Street? | 希腊街呢 |
[24:05] | I know Nancy’s been to see you. | 我知道南茜来找过你 |
[24:08] | You must think on what she’s said. | 你好好考虑一下她说的话 |
[24:10] | Your Charlotte ain’t here. | 你家夏洛特不在这里 |
[24:12] | She’s gone to help her new ma out of jail! | 她出去帮她新妈妈出狱了 |
[24:17] | Why don’t you think on that? | 你怎么不想想这个 |
[24:19] | Shut her out, Grunt. | 关门送客 格伦特 |
[24:28] | Lucy? | 露西 |
[24:34] | I’m her creature every minute of the clock, | 我现在完全就是她的仆从 |
[24:37] | guessing her bidding, working my wits | 揣摩她的需求 像一个 |
[24:39] | like a vile, unscrupled whore. | 无耻至极的婊子一样处心积虑 |
[24:43] | She must dote on you. | 她一定很喜欢你 |
[24:46] | I edge towards her secrets. | 我想知道她的秘密 |
[24:48] | One day she’ll let down her guard. | 总有一天她会放下戒备 |
[24:51] | When I’m done, | 事成之后 |
[24:52] | Mrs. Quigley will be dust and ash. | 奎格利夫人就要化成灰烬了 |
[24:55] | But she’s in jail. You can leave. | 但她现在坐牢了 你可以走了 |
[24:58] | She’ll never stay in jail; | 她不可能一直待在监狱里 |
[24:59] | you know how it’ll go. | 你知道会怎么发展 |
[25:02] | I’ll not leave. | 我不能走 |
[25:03] | Not now. | 现在不能 |
[25:06] | What compels you, Charlotte? | 是什么驱使着你 夏洛特 |
[25:09] | The world is so misshapen. | 这个世界太丑陋了 |
[25:11] | Must make a corner of it right. | 总得尽力伸张一点正义 |
[25:13] | What of you? | 那你呢 |
[25:18] | Ma thinks you’ve betrayed her. | 妈妈以为你背叛了她 |
[25:22] | Will you talk to her? | 你会跟她说吗 |
[25:23] | And say what? | 说什么 |
[25:26] | Then talk to Pa. | 那跟爸爸说 |
[25:28] | He won’t come home. | 他不回家了 |
[25:30] | Poor man suffers her like scrofula. | 他忍她也够遭罪的 |
[25:33] | You should leave too. | 你也应该出走 |
[25:35] | You’re all grown up, sprat. | 你已经长大了 小傻瓜 |
[25:42] | We both face ruin. | 我们都在承受迫害 |
[25:44] | Only one of us deserves it. | 但我们之中只有一个人罪有应得 |
[25:48] | I have nothing in common with you. | 我和你完全不同 |
[25:50] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[25:52] | For I had friends in court who spoke for me. | 因为法庭上我还有朋友为我讲话 |
[25:55] | You were jeered at. | 你却受尽奚落 |
[25:58] | Margaret Wells will hound you to the noose, | 玛格丽特·威尔斯会把你送上绞刑 |
[26:01] | and Mary Cooper will lead you down to hell. | 玛丽·库伯会让你下地狱的 |
[26:03] | You. | 你 |
[26:05] | You. | 你 |
[26:06] | I’ll part with this if you’ll take a note | 你给我捎个信给金色广场 |
[26:08] | to my man in Golden Square. | 我就把这个给你 |
[26:22] | That’ll do to take the note. | 这个够捎个信 |
[26:25] | But the ink and paper will cost you more. | 但墨水和纸还不够 |
[26:27] | What’s your price? | 你要多少钱 |
[26:29] | My cudgel wants a tickle. | 我的鸡巴有点痒 |
[26:37] | There’s five shillings for you. | 这里有五先令 |
[26:40] | Your ladylike hand on my cudgel. | 你的玉手给我鸡巴挠挠痒 |
[26:58] | Ink and paper, | 墨水和纸 |
[27:00] | damn you to the skies! | 去你妈的 |
[27:16] | Come out with me. | 跟我出去吧 |
[27:18] | Where to? | 去哪 |
[27:19] | Wherever it’s bright. | 找个亮堂点的地方 |
[27:21] | Find some rich culls and keep what we make. | 找找有钱的客人干活 |
[27:23] | Are you mad? | 你疯了吗 |
[27:25] | Can’t stick another night on my back in this house. | 没法再在这个房里待了 |
[27:28] | What about your mother? | 那你妈妈呢 |
[27:30] | Fuck my mother. | 管她的 |
[27:31] | Are you coming? | 你们一起吗 |
[27:44] | Just one more thing, | 还有一件事 |
[27:46] | my dearest love… | 亲爱的 |
[27:48] | My wife would like your wig. | 我妻子会很喜欢你的假发 |
[27:57] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[27:59] | Charlie! | 查理 |
[28:03] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[28:07] | If I’m going to press a claim to all of her property, | 如果我想占有她所有的财产 |
[28:09] | I need to know the state of her affairs. | 我得先把她的生意搞清楚 |
[28:38] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[28:39] | Out. | 出去 |
[28:41] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不能出去 |
[28:42] | Kept my eye off business all day | 我今天一整天都没管生意 |
[28:45] | and now there’s culls to be seen. | 现在必须开始接客了 |
[28:48] | Instead of telling me what to do, | 与其告诉我该怎么做 |
[28:50] | why don’t you go and find Pa? | 你怎么不去找找爸爸 |
[28:53] | He’ll be back | 他想明白 |
[28:54] | when he’s ready. | 会回来的 |
[28:55] | No. | 不 |
[28:56] | He won’t. | 他不会 |
[28:59] | He wants you to send his things. | 他要你把他东西寄给他 |
[29:04] | You can’t go out. | 你不能出去 |
[29:06] | It’s not safe. | 不安全 |
[29:09] | I can look after myself, Ma. | 我能照顾好自己 妈 |
[29:12] | As I’ve proven. | 事实说明一切 |
[29:15] | Lucy, wait, I’ll come with you. | 露西 等下 我和你一起去 |
[29:17] | No, you will not. | 不行 |
[29:20] | I cherish you, Kitty, you know that. | 我很宠你 凯蒂 你知道的 |
[29:23] | But I will not have mutiny in my house. | 但我不允许我家出现叛乱 |
[29:25] | So don’t try it. | 想都别想 |
[30:08] | Out. | 出去 |
[30:09] | Gentlemen, please. | 先生们 请吧 |
[30:19] | From the High Priestess, | 女教皇的信 |
[30:21] | Lydia Quigley. | 莉迪亚·奎格利 |
[30:26] | “I am in fetters for 500 pounds, | “我被关了 需要交500镑罚金 |
[30:29] | and the Wells bitch is baying. | 那个威尔斯贱人在狂吠 |
[30:32] | The High Priestess.” | 女教皇” |
[30:35] | What does it mean? | 什么意思 |
[30:37] | The Priestess has my name, | 女教皇认识我 |
[30:40] | and thinks I’ll pay her damnable fine. | 觉得我会为她那该死的罚金买单 |
[30:45] | Let her rot. | 让她烂在牢里 |
[30:48] | What does the Wells bitch know? | 那个威尔斯贱人知道些什么 |
[30:50] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[30:53] | She was there when you dispatched Justice Cunliffe. | 你派坎利夫法官去的时候她在场 |
[30:57] | We should tell the Archons. | 我们应该告诉执政官 |
[30:58] | I assure you there’s no danger. | 我保证没有危险 |
[31:01] | We must simply muzzle the baying bitch. | 我们只用封上那个狂吠的贱人的嘴 |
[31:04] | I propose some sport | 我提议我们去 |
[31:06] | in cutting out her tongue. | 割掉她的舌头 |
[31:27] | – You came. – Of course. | -你来了 -当然 |
[31:29] | You did as much for me. | 你为我这么做过 |
[31:30] | Private, if you please. | 请让我们单独待会 |
[31:31] | Charlotte Wells… | 夏洛特·威尔斯 |
[31:33] | Curse you to a prison ship | 我诅咒你进大牢 |
[31:34] | and seven years hard labor. | 做七年苦役 |
[31:48] | The fine is immense. | 罚金数量很大 |
[31:50] | Tell me where you stow your funds. | 告诉我你的钱藏哪了 |
[31:52] | Will you tell my son I’m here? | 你能告诉我儿子我在这吗 |
[31:54] | He knows. | 他知道 |
[31:56] | Charles is at yours with Emily Lacey, | 查尔斯和埃米莉·莱西一起在你家里 |
[31:59] | on what mission I know not. | 做什么我就不知道了 |
[32:01] | He and his doxy have emptied my pockets. | 他和他的情妇在扫空我的家当 |
[32:04] | I cannot pay the fine. | 我付不起罚金 |
[32:07] | You must have benefactors somewhere. | 你肯定有什么资助人吧 |
[32:09] | No, as you can see, I’m surrounded by kind friends, | 没有 你也看到我身边都是些善良的朋友 |
[32:12] | all clamoring to help me. | 争先恐后地要来帮我 |
[32:15] | Is this self‐pity? | 你在自怜自艾吗 |
[32:18] | It’s a fine you face, not the noose. | 你面对的是罚金 不是绞刑 |
[32:21] | Stop stewing and tell me what to do. | 别再对我说教让我心烦了 |
[32:25] | A woman’s power is in her secrets. | 女人的力量蕴藏在她的秘密中 |
[32:30] | I’ve collected them like jewels | 我像收藏珠宝一样将它们收集在一起 |
[32:32] | and now they’ll keep me safe. | 现在它们会保我平安 |
[32:39] | Lady Fitz. | 菲茨夫人 |
[32:43] | Isabella Fitzwilliam, | 伊莎贝拉·菲茨威廉 |
[32:44] | heiress of Blayne. | 布雷恩家族的女继承人 |
[32:48] | The finest jewel of all. | 最宝贵的珠宝 |
[32:51] | Do you bleed her, | 你能像外科医生一样 |
[32:53] | like a surgeon? | 让她出血吗 |
[32:55] | I could ruin her with one sentence. | 我用一句话就能毁了她 |
[33:04] | Mrs. Wells. | 威尔斯夫人 |
[33:07] | Did you mean what you said, | 你说接下来你还要 |
[33:09] | that you’d throw me and mine out next? | 把我和我的孩子也赶出去 是说真的吗 |
[33:11] | I’m not a monster. | 我不是怪物 |
[33:14] | You’re my special girl, | 你是我最钟爱的姑娘 |
[33:16] | you know that. | 你知道的 |
[33:18] | You can keep your baby, | 你可以留下你的孩子 |
[33:20] | till she’s weaned. | 直到她断奶 |
[33:22] | Now ready yourself for a cull. | 现在准备好接客吧 |
[33:30] | No need to hide your face, sir. | 不用遮着脸 先生 |
[33:32] | Pursue Mrs. Quigley | 再纠缠奎格利夫人 |
[33:34] | at your peril. | 后果自负 |
[33:37] | Would that she‐wolf bite me, | 那头母狼进了监狱 |
[33:39] | even from her cell? | 都还要来咬我一口 |
[33:42] | Consider this fair warning. | 这个就算是个警告 |
[33:50] | I was afraid of her when I was ten years old. | 我十岁时可能会怕她 |
[33:54] | Not now. | 但现在不会了 |
[33:56] | Now I’ll shout it to the sky: | 现在我要对着天空呼喊 |
[33:59] | Lydia Quigley’s a kidnapping bitch. | 莉迪亚·奎格利是个坑蒙拐骗的贱妇 |
[34:02] | Did she tell you to slice Justice Cunliffe? | 是她让你把坎利夫法官大卸八块的吗 |
[34:05] | Do you do all her murders for her? | 是不是她手下的命案都是你所为 |
[34:29] | Miss Charlotte Wells, | 夏洛特·威尔斯小姐 |
[34:31] | to see the lady of the house. | 前来拜访这里的女主人 |
[34:54] | Miss Charlotte Wells. | 夏洛特·威尔斯小姐 |
[35:05] | The notorious C. W… | 臭名昭著的CW小姐 |
[35:07] | Have we not all followed your exploits | 我们在粗鄙的街头小报上 |
[35:10] | in the grub street press? | 还没有拜读完你的丰功伟绩吗 |
[35:12] | A string of keepers, their fortunes squandered, | 要包养你的人排着长队 挥霍着他们的财产 |
[35:15] | a lover murdered in the park? | 情人在公园中被杀害 |
[35:19] | Who insults me by inviting this brazen strumpet | 是谁邀请了这位厚颜无耻的妓女来到我家来 |
[35:21] | into my home? | 侮辱我的身份 |
[35:24] | Is this your mischief? | 这是你的恶作剧吗 |
[35:27] | For once, I cannot claim it. | 这次我可不能认账 |
[35:30] | Come. | 来吧 |
[35:32] | Let me see the beauty that sent George Howard | 让我看看这位让乔治·霍华德 |
[35:36] | to an early grave. | 早早进了坟墓的美人 |
[35:38] | Your business may be slander, Sir, | 你擅长诽谤 先生 |
[35:40] | but mine is with the lady. | 我是来找这位女士的 |
[35:47] | Well, I’ll hear it. | 说来听听 |
[35:51] | Miss Wells and I will take a turn. | 夏洛特小姐和我去转一转 |
[36:04] | What do you want? | 你来做什么 |
[36:08] | My current benefactor, | 我目前的资助者 |
[36:10] | Mrs. Quigley, | 奎格利夫人 |
[36:11] | sends me in her hour of need. | 让我来求你件事 |
[36:13] | So that is it; how dare you come? | 够了 你好大的胆竟敢来我家 |
[36:17] | Her situation is quite desperate. | 她现在的处境十分危急 |
[36:19] | I’ve read about it in the evening rag. | 我在晚间小报上看到了 |
[36:21] | A stench of crime and kidnap. | 肮脏的犯罪和绑架 |
[36:26] | How much does she want? | 她想要多少 |
[36:30] | Five hundred pounds, tomorrow. | 五百镑 明天就要 |
[36:32] | My brother holds my purse; | 钱在我兄弟那 |
[36:36] | I cannot get it. | 我拿不到 |
[36:40] | She’s pressed me to threaten you. | 她逼我来威胁你 |
[36:42] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:44] | Does she hold your secret too? | 她也有你的把柄 |
[36:49] | Forgive me. | 打扰了 |
[36:52] | Perhaps we courtiers are not unlike you courtesans. | 也许我们侍女和你们妓女没什么不一样 |
[36:57] | Our lives, like yours, | 我们和你们一样 |
[36:59] | are a constant game of sham. | 一直生活在谎言之中 |
[37:02] | Do you ever long to break from that pretense? | 你想过逃离这种生活吗 |
[37:06] | If I broke free and spoke my heart, | 如果我能自由地说实话 |
[37:09] | the sea would bubble, | 海洋会沸腾 |
[37:10] | the sky would turn red, | 天空会变红 |
[37:11] | and London would tumble into dust. | 伦敦会化为灰烬 |
[37:16] | I should like to witness that. | 我还挺希望见到的 |
[37:18] | Izzy? | 伊兹 |
[37:21] | Say nothing. | 什么都别说 |
[37:23] | Come to me at breakfast. | 早餐来找我 |
[37:34] | Gentlemen, come on in. | 先生们 进来吧 |
[37:35] | Make yourselves comfortable. | 随意啊 |
[37:37] | Take a seat. | 快请坐 |
[37:38] | Relax. | 放松 |
[37:40] | Anne Pettifer, | 安妮·佩蒂福 |
[37:43] | how dare you take these girls out! | 你怎么能把姑娘带出去 |
[37:46] | Emily… | 埃米莉 |
[37:48] | My pretty little doves! | 我可爱的姑娘们 |
[37:51] | Have you missed me? | 想我吗 |
[37:53] | Mrs. Quigley’s not back? | 奎格利夫人还没回来 |
[37:54] | No, but here’s her finest port. | 没有 这是她最好的波特酒 |
[37:56] | We can’t, she’ll find out. | 不行 她会发现的 |
[37:58] | Oh, come on, Anne, | 来嘛 安妮 |
[37:59] | you know you want some. | 你想喝的 |
[38:01] | While the cat’s away, girls! | 趁她不在 姑娘们 |
[38:16] | Persephone, | 冥后 |
[38:18] | where have you been these past weeks? | 你这几周去哪了 |
[38:21] | I’ve been pining. | 我好想你 |
[38:27] | Let me have you. | 让我要了你吧 |
[38:29] | No. | 不 |
[38:30] | Come now. | 别这样 |
[38:32] | I wrote to your mother offering excellent terms to be your keeper. | 我给你母亲开了很好的包养条件 |
[38:37] | I burnt it. | 我烧了 |
[38:40] | I don’t like eating seeds or weird fruit. | 我不喜欢吃种子和奇怪的水果 |
[38:44] | I won’t be your mistress. | 我不当你情妇 |
[38:49] | Your hands are cold, like those of a corpse, | 你的手跟尸体一样凉 |
[38:53] | and I only fuck the living. | 我只和活人做爱 |
[39:03] | The Wells bitch won’t be silenced. | 威尔斯那个贱人不肯闭嘴 |
[39:06] | She’s shouting kidnap and murder in the street. | 她在街上大喊绑架和谋杀 |
[39:11] | That’s the youngest daughter, there. | 那是小女儿 |
[39:16] | A peach. | 吹弹可破 |
[39:19] | Shall we pluck her from the family tree? | 要把她摘下来吗 |
[39:21] | No. | 不 |
[39:23] | I want her to savor. | 我要好好品一下 |
[39:35] | *It was a man* | *有个男人* |
[39:37] | *A jolly fine man* | *风趣的绅士* |
[39:39] | *Come love me where I lay* | *来我床上爱我* |
[39:42] | *And he would marry a fair young wife* | *他愿以干净粗野的方式* |
[39:45] | *The clean and country way* | *娶一位年轻的妻子* |
[39:47] | *He’d woo her for to wed and bed* | *他向她求爱 迎娶她* |
[39:51] | *Come tup me where I lay* | *来我床上干我* |
[39:54] | *And then she kicked him in the head* | *然后她以干净粗野的方式* |
[39:56] | *The clean and country way* | *踢了他的头* |
[40:00] | To Violet Cross! | 为维奥莱特·克罗斯干杯 |
[40:03] | The best thieving whore in Covent Garden! | 考文特花园最好的妓女小偷 |
[40:06] | Tup me in her memory. | 把我也加进她的回忆吧 |
[40:08] | She ain’t dead, blockhead. | 她还没死呢 傻瓜 |
[40:09] | Tup me anyway. | 加呗 |
[40:10] | – I’ve fought for England. – Five shillings. | -我为英格兰打过仗 -五先令 |
[40:13] | You should service us soldiers for free. | 你们应该为军人免费服务 |
[40:15] | No money, no cunny. | 没钱没屄 |
[40:24] | Come on, London, | 伦敦 来吧 |
[40:25] | I am virgin fresh! | 我还是处女 |
[40:28] | Three shillings to see my little coal hole! | 三先令就可以看我的小洞 |
[40:32] | Come on, you sailors, take me on! | 水手们 来嘛 |
[40:34] | Fuck off. | 滚开 |
[40:38] | Mr. North? | 诺斯先生 |
[40:41] | Watch how you go, sister. | 注意点 姐妹 |
[40:43] | He’s been drinking since this morning. | 他从今早就开始喝酒 |
[40:45] | Is this your wife? | 这是你老婆吗 |
[40:47] | I have no wife. | 我没有老婆 |
[40:49] | She’s up at the Wells House. | 她是威尔斯妓院的 |
[40:50] | You can’t afford her, soldier boy. | 你付不起 士兵 |
[40:54] | – I’m sorry. – No need. | -抱歉 -不用 |
[40:55] | You’ve done nothing wrong. | 你没做错 |
[40:57] | I have. | 我做了 |
[40:58] | I tried to hide the way I feel. | 我想隐藏感情来着 |
[41:01] | You’re a ram, granddad. | 你可以啊 爷爷 |
[41:03] | Say not a word | 再说一句 |
[41:04] | or you’ll feel my hand. | 我就让你尝尝我的拳头 |
[41:06] | I’d rather feel her hand… | 我更想尝尝她的 |
[41:08] | So you’d defend her honor? | 你愿意维护她 |
[41:09] | You should take him home, | 带他回家吧 |
[41:10] | Mrs. Wells, he’s sotted. | 威尔斯夫人 他醉得不轻 |
[41:13] | You stay away from my house. | 你离我房子远一点 |
[41:15] | Your house? | 你房子 |
[41:17] | What, as if I had no part in your success? | 你有这一天没我的功劳吗 |
[41:19] | If my skin were of your color, you’d never dare speak so. | 如果我和你肤色一样 你就不会这么说了 |
[41:22] | Bollocks. | 胡扯 |
[41:24] | Go fetch my linen. | 把我衣服拿来 |
[41:26] | I’m staying here. | 我住这了 |
[41:28] | That’s it, you tell her! | 这就对了 就得这么说 |
[41:31] | That’s how you treat a wife, grandpa. | 这才是对待老婆的样子 爷爷 |
[41:49] | You’re speaking against Mrs. Quigley? | 你和奎格利夫人不是一边的吧 |
[41:53] | I can help you. | 我可以帮你 |
[41:56] | I saw. | 我看到 |
[41:57] | That night. | 那晚 |
[41:59] | He was white-wigged, he was wealthy dressed. | 他戴着白假发 衣着光鲜 |
[42:01] | Who? | 谁 |
[42:02] | The man that stabbed Justice Cunliffe. | 捅了坎利夫法官的那人 |
[42:05] | You saw? | 你看到了 |
[42:07] | I can’t tell you who he was. | 我不知道他是谁 |
[42:09] | But if I saw his face again, | 但如果再看到他 |
[42:11] | I’d know. | 我能认出来 |
[42:14] | And would you tell this to the law? | 你愿意出庭作证吗 |
[42:17] | He’s one of the Lords who murders for the thrill, | 他是为了刺激会杀人的大人之一 |
[42:21] | and Quigley’s their procuress, I’m sure. | 奎格利是他们的老鸨 我确定 |
[42:25] | I’ll take this bit of flotsam to Greek Street. | 我要把她带回希腊街 |
[42:28] | Too much gin, Cherry? | 杜松子酒喝多了吗 亲爱的 |
[42:30] | It doesn’t take a lot. | 我酒量不好 |
[42:32] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[42:50] | Am I your grandpa now, am I? | 我是你爷爷吗 是吗 |
[42:51] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[43:00] | Charlotte. | 夏洛特 |
[43:03] | Pa! | 爸 |
[43:14] | Did your ma send you? | 你妈让你来的吗 |
[43:16] | Lucy did. | 是露西 |
[43:18] | You were looking great, Pa. | 你真帅 爸 |
[43:22] | I’ll bleed all over your beautiful dress. | 我的血会沾到你漂亮裙子上的 |
[43:24] | I don’t care. | 没事 |
[43:37] | Ooh, me, me! | 我 我 |
[43:54] | Is Mrs. Wells at home? | 威尔斯夫人在家吗 |
[43:56] | Lord Fallon. | 法伦大人 |
[43:59] | I’m here to see her daughter. | 我来找她女儿 |
[44:00] | They’re both out. | 她们都出去了 |
[44:03] | Pity. | 可惜了 |
[44:04] | I’d hoped to take Miss Wells dancing at Ranelagh. | 我想带威尔斯小姐去拉内勒夫跳舞的 |
[44:09] | But… | 但 |
[44:12] | you’re just as lovely. | 你也很可爱啊 |
[44:14] | Perhaps I could entice you in her stead. | 带你去怎么样 |
[44:18] | Me? | 我 |
[44:21] | My carriage and my coinage await. | 我的马车和金币都在等着了 |
[44:48] | I’ll do it. | 我愿意 |
[44:50] | I will speak. | 我要作证 |
[44:54] | Come through. | 过来 |
[44:56] | Oh, ignore him. | 别理他 |
[44:58] | He’s a filthy little turd. | 他很粗鄙 |
[45:14] | Quigley said to me, | 奎格利跟我说 |
[45:16] | “The hounds are coming, vixen.” | “猎犬在路上了 小泼妇” |
[45:19] | There’s a pack of them, | 有一大群 |
[45:21] | and Cunliffe was their man. | 坎利夫是他们的人 |
[45:25] | I’ll speak, but no one can know it came from me. | 我会说 但不能让别人知道是我说的 |
[45:27] | That’s fair. | 明白 |
[45:29] | They’d kill you like a fly. | 他们会轻易地弄死你 |
[45:31] | We’ll see the Justice private. | 我们私下找法官 |
[45:35] | I don’t want Charles to know | 我不想让查尔斯知道 |
[45:36] | I snapped his mumma’s neck. | 他妈是我害死的 |
[45:39] | But when she shuffles off, | 但等她被除了 |
[45:43] | we will have Golden Square. | 金色广场就是我们的了 |
[45:46] | So that is what inspires you? | 你是因为这个才说的吗 |
[45:49] | Not wrong to have ambition. | 有野心也没错吧 |
[45:54] | Come to the Magistrate’s early. | 早点去见法官 |
[46:02] | What did the harlot want? | 那个妓女想要什么 |
[46:04] | Cumberland sent her. | 坎伯兰派她来的 |
[46:07] | Isn’t he odious? | 真是烦人 |
[46:09] | Pair of unfavorable dice | 一对讨厌的骰子 |
[46:10] | and 500 pounds is blown off on a breeze. | 就能让五百镑瞬间没了 |
[46:15] | You are a paragon of perjury. | 你可真能说谎 |
[46:18] | It’s the truth! | 是真的 |
[46:22] | What’s the money for, my sweetling? | 钱用来干什么了 亲爱的 |
[46:26] | You know I am a rogue with dice. | 你知道我特别爱玩骰子 |
[46:29] | You’ve done something naughty, didn’t you? | 你干了什么坏事 对吧 |
[46:36] | I lost that money on purpose, | 我是故意输的 |
[46:39] | and I’ll continue to lose | 还会继续输 |
[46:40] | until you allow me to control my own affairs. | 直到你让我管理自己的财务 |
[46:43] | Is this a rebellion? | 你要和我作对吗 |
[46:46] | Papa left half his fortune to me. | 老爸把一半的财产留给了我 |
[46:49] | Yes, but you can’t manage it, | 是 但你不懂如何打理 |
[46:50] | as this childish antic proves. | 这么幼稚的举动也恰好证明了这点 |
[46:51] | It is my money. | 那是我的钱 |
[46:54] | You know that I will always do what is best for you. | 你知道我会一直对你好的 |
[47:06] | I don’t want to be at odds with you, Harcourt. | 我不想和你争 哈考特 |
[47:11] | But you know I’m not a little girl. | 但你知道我不是小女孩了 |
[47:15] | I am a clever beast like you. | 我和你一样聪明 |
[47:19] | Now give me what I want. | 给我想要的 |
[47:29] | Sir? | 先生 |
[47:32] | Look. | 瞧 |
[47:33] | Where’s my cut? | 我的那份呢 |
[47:35] | Little minx. | 小贱人 |
[47:37] | Nance? | 南茜 |
[47:39] | Nance? | 南茜 |
[47:40] | I’ve got us a witness. | 我找到证人了 |
[47:41] | He can bind Quigley to the kidnap of those girls. | 他可以作证奎格利和绑架那些女孩有关 |
[47:46] | Not on the chaise, | 别放椅子上 |
[47:47] | she’s too dirty. | 她太脏了 |
[47:52] | Emily Lacey will speak. | 埃米莉·莱西愿意作证了 |
[47:55] | So will this brave young man. | 这位勇敢的年轻人也一样 |
[47:59] | We’ve got her. | 她死定了 |
[48:02] | Fuck me. | 操我 |
[48:03] | No, fuck me. | 不 操我 |
[48:06] | Fuck you, Nancy Birch. | 操你 南茜·伯奇 |
[48:08] | Where’s the gin? | 杜松子酒呢 |
[48:09] | Lucy, get the gin. | 露西 去拿 |
[48:13] | And you, you little rat face. | 还有你这个小崽子 |
[48:15] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[48:18] | Fanny, answer it. | 范妮 去应门 |
[48:20] | Tell them to wank! | 让他们自己撸去 |
[48:22] | One nice push… | 再推一把 |
[48:25] | She’s in the fiery pit. | 她就会永劫不复 |
[48:53] | Mrs. Wells! | 威尔斯夫人 |
[48:57] | Kitty… | 凯蒂 |
[49:00] | Ma, Ma! | 妈 妈 |
[49:08] | Get her in. | 把她弄进来 |
[49:12] | Oh God… | 天啊 |