时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | You know what I like about people? They stack so well. | 你知道我最喜欢人类什么吗? 尸骨很好堆叠 |
[00:11] | Let me get this for you. | 我帮你收一下 |
[00:15] | -Want the paper? -No. | – 还要看吗? – 不了 |
[00:20] | -This is too much. -It’s not half enough. | – 太多了 – 根本不够 |
[00:22] | Thanks for opening up for me. | 多谢你特别为我营业 |
[00:23] | Anytime day or night. You know that. | 随时随地,你知道的 |
[00:26] | In a town where everyone is so carefully reinventing themselves, | 整个城市的人都拼了命要创新 |
[00:29] | what I like about Freddy is that he doesn’t even pretend to change. | 我就喜欢弗莱迪连装都懒得装 |
[00:35] | I’m late. | 我迟到了 |
[00:36] | Every Tuesday I sit down with the Speaker and the Majority Leader | 每周二我都和发言人 和多数党领袖会面 |
[00:39] | to discuss the week’s agenda. Well, discuss is probably the wrong word. | 讨论当周的议程 讨论这个词或许不恰当 |
[00:43] | They talk while I sit quietly and imagine their lightly-salted faces frying in a skillet. | 是他俩滔滔不绝,我静坐在旁 想像这两人下油锅的模样 |
[02:27] | Vasquez must be shitting herself. | 瓦克斯一定在挫着等吧 |
[02:30] | Shitting herselfwhile Walker is shitting himself | 她和沃克两人都是 |
[02:32] | then shoveling his shit on her shit. | 然后她再帮他擦屁股 |
[02:34] | Bob, I’m planning on eating. | 鲍伯,我还想吃饭 |
[02:36] | Do we have a back-up on the docket? | 决定好后补提案了吗? |
[02:37] | -You’re on that, right, Frank? -I’m working with my staff… | – 你搞得定吧,法兰? – 我和我的人在… |
[02:39] | The Republicans are gonna ram this up our ass. | 共和党的那些家伙 一定会拿这事堵我们 |
[02:41] | I would if I was them. | 要是我就会 |
[02:42] | Well, even if we squeak it through the House, watch them mangle it in the Senate. | 就算众议院勉强通过 参议院也会毁了提案 |
[02:45] | -Or filibuster it. -Well, sure, if it looks anything like this. | – 或是阻碍 – 若是这提案一定如此 |
[02:48] | I don’t know why Walker’s trying to tackle a charging elephant. | 我不知道沃克为何硬要螳臂挡车 |
[02:51] | It’s madness. | 简直是疯了 |
[02:52] | Congressman, sorry to interrupt, but I saw you sitting over here and… | 议员,很抱歉打扰你 但我看到你坐在这… |
[02:55] | Remy. Gentlemen, this is Remy Danton. | 瑞米,各位,这位是瑞米丹顿 |
[02:57] | Remy, this is Speaker Birch, and Congressman… | 瑞米,这位是发言人柏许 和议员… |
[02:59] | I’m well aware. Mister Speaker, Congressman. | 我早久仰大名 发言人先生、议员 |
[03:01] | Remy just made partner at Glendon Hill. | 瑞米升上葛兰顿希尔的合伙人 |
[03:04] | Glendon Hill? Great team over there. Congratulations. | 葛兰顿希尔? 很优秀的团队,恭喜你 |
[03:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:07] | When was the last time they added a partner? | 他们上次找合伙人是何时? |
[03:09] | -It’s been a while. -Well, they know a winner when they see one. | – 有一阵子了 – 他们是不会放过人才的 |
[03:12] | Remy was the best press secretary I ever had. | 瑞米是我所见过最好的新闻秘书 |
[03:15] | -Why’d you let him go? -I didn’t. They stole him away. | – 那你怎么放他走? – 我没有,是他们来挖角 |
[03:17] | What accounts do you have? | 你的客户有哪些人? |
[03:19] | SanCorp lndustries is my main one. | 善可工业是主要客户之一 |
[03:21] | I run that account now. | 现在由我接管 |
[03:23] | Anyhow, I’ll let you get back to it. Sorry again to interrupt. | 不打扰你了,真抱歉 |
[03:26] | -No problem. -Very nice to meet you both. | – 没问题 – 幸会 |
[03:29] | Christ, these lobbyists keep getting younger and younger. | 老天,这些政治掮客越来越年轻了 |
[03:32] | He’s probably making more than all of us combined. | 他赚的搞不好比我们加起来还要多 |
[03:34] | Gentlemen, this one’s on me. I’m gonna track down that check. | 这餐我请吧,我去买单 |
[03:38] | Glendon Hill fronts SanCorp lndustries. | 葛兰顿希尔代表善可工业 |
[03:40] | SanCorp is deep into natural gas. I don’t give a hoot about natural gas. | 善可工业涉入自然气 我对自然气一点兴趣也没有 |
[03:44] | But I have 67 deputy whips and they all need cash to win races. | 但我下头还有67个副党鞭 他们可都需要竞选资金 |
[03:48] | SanCorp helps me purchase loyalty and in return, they expect mine. | 善可工业帮我收买人心 条件是收买我的心 |
[03:51] | It’s degrading, I know. But when the tit’s that big, everybody gets in line. | 很不要脸,我知道 但口袋这么深时,人人都想排队 |
[03:59] | Tell them I’m on top of it. | 跟他们说我搞定 |
[04:01] | I need more than that. | 光一句话可不够 |
[04:02] | You are well aware that I do not drop the ball on things like this, Remy. | 你很清楚这种事 我是不会搞砸的,瑞米 |
[04:06] | Promises, Frank. | 承诺,法兰 |
[04:08] | The Secretary of State, Argentina, the offshore drilling accounts… | 国务卿、阿根廷 海外石油开采客户… |
[04:10] | Talk to me when I’ve solved the problem. | 等我解决问题后再说 |
[04:12] | Don’t waste my time when I’m working on solving it. | 我在解决问题时别浪费我时间 |
[04:13] | When there’s billions on the line, you can’t not call me back | 这可是上亿的资金 你不能不回我电话 |
[04:15] | -and I can’t not show up. -Fine. Thank you for your diligence. | – 我也不能不来 – 好啦,幸苦你了 |
[04:18] | Eight figures to you and the D triple C. | 给你和民主党 国会竞选委员会八位数 |
[04:20] | Six million to build that library ofyours, in your name. | 六百万给你建以你命名的图书馆 |
[04:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:23] | Don’t make them throw money at your challenger next cycle. | 别逼他们下次选举时 送钱给你的对手 |
[04:26] | -You’ve made your point. -Have l? | – 你说得很清楚了 – 是吗? |
[04:29] | I hope so. | 最好是这样 |
[04:33] | Such a waste of talent. | 真浪费人才 |
[04:36] | He chose money over power. | 他选择金钱过于权势 |
[04:38] | In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes. | 这城市几乎所有人都会犯的错 |
[04:41] | Money is the McMansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after 10 years. | 金钱只是买了十年 就开始毁坏的别墅 |
[04:46] | Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. | 权势却是几世纪 都屹立不摇的石造建筑 |
[04:52] | I cannot respect someone who doesn’t see the difference. | 我无法尊敬那些 看不清这点的人 |
[04:57] | What am I looking at? | 这是什么? |
[04:58] | -The Williams Register. -Williams… | – 《威廉学报》 – 威廉… |
[05:00] | -College. September ’78. -And why am I looking at it? | – 大学,1978年9月 – 为什么要看这个? |
[05:03] | The editorial. | 社论 |
[05:10] | Not that interesting. | 没什么啊 |
[05:11] | Michael Kern went to Williams. Check out the masthead. | 麦克凯恩母校威廉大学 看看刊头 |
[05:18] | And then there’s this. | 还有这个 |
[05:22] | It’s thin. | 这太牵拖了吧 |
[05:23] | The guy’s a unicorn. He pisses rainbows. | 他太完美了,完美无瑕 |
[05:25] | -You think we can get traction with this? -I think you could. | – 你认为这能引起关注吗? – 我认为你可以 |
[05:27] | Linda Vasquez is on the phone. | 琳达瓦克斯在电话上 |
[05:29] | I’m surprised it took her this long. | 没想到这么久才打来 |
[05:32] | It’s only six past 9:00. | 才9点6分 |
[05:33] | Which means she read the Herald three hours ago | 表示她三小时前读完《先躯报》 |
[05:35] | and spent the past two and a half getting reamed by the President. | 然后给总统骂了两个半小时 |
[05:38] | Tell her I’m on my way. | 跟她说我这就过去 |
[05:40] | You were supposed to keep Donald in line. You assured me… | 你应该要管好唐纳的 你向我保证… |
[05:42] | Twenty-five years he’s been pushing this particular agenda. | 他推行这议程已经25年了 |
[05:45] | We got between the mother bear and her cub. It’s a setback, that’s all. | 我们只是扫到台风尾 小挫折罢了 |
[05:48] | On our first day in office. | 这是就职第一天 |
[05:50] | Linda, I’ve worked with four presidents. | 琳达,我在四位总统下任职过 |
[05:52] | Setbacks are a dime a dozen with a bill of this size. | 这么大的提案 一定会碰到很多挫折的 |
[05:54] | Frank, if you can’t control this… | 法兰,你若管不住… |
[05:55] | I don’t take well to being micromanaged, Linda. | 我很不喜欢 被人指使该怎么做事,琳达 |
[05:57] | You want to do my job for me and run the White House? | 不然你来做我的工作好吗? |
[06:00] | Good luck. I won’t stand in your way. | 祝你好运,我不会挡你路 |
[06:02] | Okay, Frank. Fine. This is yours now. | 好,法兰,由你全权负责 |
[06:06] | If this thing can’t make it to the floor in the first hundred days, | 若这提案在百日内 不能在国会通过决议 |
[06:09] | then I’ll let you explain to the President why he lied to the American people. | 我就让你去跟总统解释 他为什么欺骗美国人民 |
[06:12] | I’m gonna get back to work. | 我要回去上班了 |
[06:13] | Please do. | 请自便 |
[06:34] | We really should be doing this on a Friday instead of a Wednesday. | 我们应该改约周五 而不是周三 |
[06:38] | Because if we do it on a Friday, people have the weekend. | 因为周五的话 大家还有周末可以消化 |
[06:40] | Fine, we’ll do it on Friday. | 好吧,那就周五 |
[06:41] | Is all the paperwork ready? | 文件都准备好了吗? |
[06:43] | Some of the more senior people are trickier. There’s severance and… | 资深员工比较麻烦 有资遣费以及… |
[06:47] | -But we shouldn’t run into any legal issues. -No, no. | – 但不该有法律问题 – 没有 |
[06:49] | We use at-will employment contracts across the board. | 我们和员工签订的 都是自由雇佣合约 |
[06:54] | We’ll get started first thing Friday. | 周五一早就开始 |
[06:56] | I want all of the exit interviews done by lunch. | 午餐前要完成 所有员工的离职面谈 |
[07:00] | Claire, I just can’t help but think that this is a mistake. | 克莱儿,我真的觉得这样不妥 |
[07:04] | -We’ve discussed this already, Evelyn. -I know, I know. | – 我们已经谈过,艾薇琳 – 我知道 |
[07:06] | But I just have to say it for the sake of my conscience. | 我这么说只是为了我的良知 |
[07:10] | I think that you are dismantling | 我觉得你这样做 |
[07:13] | what we have built over the past 10 years and l… | 拆散了我们十年来的努力,我… |
[07:23] | And I think the way you’re handling this is… | 我觉得你处理这事的方法… |
[07:28] | -ls cruel. -It’s not easy, Evelyn. | – 很残忍 – 这不是件易事,艾薇琳 |
[07:33] | But it’s necessary. | 但是必要的 |
[07:34] | You have always asked me to be honest with you. | 你总是要我对你诚实以待 |
[07:38] | That’s how we work together. | 这是我们的工作模式 |
[07:39] | I disagree with something, I say it. | 我若不认同就直说 |
[07:42] | Well, I disagree 100 percent. | 我全然不认同 |
[07:45] | Please, Claire, don’t do this. | 拜托你,克莱儿,别这么做 |
[07:48] | I respect your opinion, Evelyn. | 我尊重你的想法,艾薇琳 |
[07:50] | And I appreciate you sharing it with me. But I’m not going to change my mind. | 我也感谢你告诉我 但我是不会改变心意的 |
[07:58] | Friday, then. | 那就周五吧 |
[08:02] | If that’s what you want. | 若这是你的意思 |
[08:11] | This is major reform. A complete overhaul. | 这是大改革,全然的革新 |
[08:14] | That would usually take months. | 通常要好几个月时间 |
[08:16] | Well, we only have days, not months. | 我们只有几天,没有几个月 |
[08:18] | But think about the process. We can’t just… | 但过程不能直接… |
[08:19] | When I asked my colleagues, your bosses, | 当我询问我的同事 你们的老板们 |
[08:22] | who are the smartest minds in education, | 也是教育界的佼佼者 |
[08:25] | out of hundreds, we arrived at you. | 你们是从百人当中挑选出来的 |
[08:28] | The six of you in this room. | 在场的这六个人 |
[08:30] | Now I realize it is a difficult task. | 我知道这是个苦差事 |
[08:32] | But we have the opportunity to make history here. | 但我们有改变历史的机会 |
[08:35] | And I want all of us to make it together. | 我希望我们一起完成 |
[08:39] | So, good luck. We’re counting on you. | 祝你们好运,万事拜托了 |
[08:43] | Page one. | 第一页 |
[08:44] | These bullet points reflect the key planks at the center of our bill. | 这些要点反映提案的中心思想 |
[08:48] | Get comfy. This is your home until we have a presentable first draft. | 快适应吧 我们要搞定草案初稿才能离开 |
[08:55] | Donald, what a morning. | 唐纳,今早真是疯狂 |
[08:57] | I have no idea how they got this. | 我真不知道他们怎么弄到手的 |
[08:59] | I specifically told my staff to destroy everything. | 我特别交代下去 要处理得干干净净 |
[09:02] | -I can’t imagine… -lt doesn’t matter how it happened. | – 真想不到… – 无所谓 |
[09:04] | We can’t make it un-happen. So now we have to adapt. | 现在为时已晚 我们只好见招拆招了 |
[09:06] | Don’t they realize that this is a first draft? | 他们不知道这只是草案初稿吗? |
[09:08] | All we have here really is a perception problem. | 其实说穿了只是角度问题 |
[09:10] | We don’t get a second chance at a first impression, Donald. You know that. | 但第一印象只有一次机会 你明白的,唐纳 |
[09:13] | Now, look, I’m on your side. | 我跟你可是同一阵线 |
[09:16] | But Linda is furious. | 但琳达气疯了 |
[09:18] | -What’s she saying? -They want to point fingers. | – 她说什么? – 他们需要待罪羔羊 |
[09:21] | -At me? -I told her we cannot do that. | – 我吗? – 我跟她说不行 |
[09:23] | I mean, you are vital to this process. | 这个过程不能没有你 |
[09:26] | I’m up to here with them, Donald. | 我真的受够他们了,唐纳 |
[09:28] | For lying, for turning their back on you. | 欺骗,弃你于不顾 |
[09:31] | You know, I’m of a mind to say “screw it.” | 我甚至想说“去他的” |
[09:34] | I’ll fall on this grenade myself just to piss them off. | 我来顶算了,气气他们 |
[09:38] | Get me John King at CNN. | 帮我接CNN的约翰金 |
[09:40] | Wait, Frank. This is not your fault. | 等等,法兰,这不是你的错 |
[09:42] | No, we have to protect your reputation. | 不,我们必须保护你的名声 |
[09:43] | But you’re the man that needs to get the bill through the House. | 但你才是要在众议院 推行此提案的人 |
[09:46] | I will. Hang on. I will assign it to one of my deputies | 我会的,等等 我会交给下面的副手 |
[09:48] | and quietly manage it. And I’ll help guide you through the process. | 私下搞定 我会告诉你该怎么做 |
[09:50] | -I am not comfortable with this. -Well, then, what do you suggest we do? | – 我觉得不是很妥当 – 不然你说该怎么办? |
[09:57] | What a martyr craves more than anything is a sword to fall on. | 烈士最希望的就是能壮烈牺牲 |
[10:00] | So, you sharpen the blade, hold it at just the right angle, | 剑就由你来拿 |
[10:04] | and then, three, two, one… | 然后,3、2、1… |
[10:07] | It should be me. | 应该是我 |
[10:08] | -lt was my bill. -No, impossible. | – 这是我的提案 – 不行 |
[10:10] | Donald, education has been your life’s work. | 唐纳,教育是你毕生的心血 |
[10:16] | The truth is my heart is not in this fight. | 老实说,我早没了斗志 |
[10:20] | You know me. I’m not a wheeler-dealer. I can put my mind to policy, | 你也知道我不擅长谈判 我可以写政策 |
[10:25] | but I’m no good at this brand of politics. | 但政治的勾心斗角 不是我的强项 |
[10:27] | Well, if not you, then who? | 舍你其谁呢? |
[10:35] | It should be you, Frank. | 应该是你,法兰 |
[10:37] | You’re formidable. People respect you. | 你很杰出,大家都敬重你 |
[10:40] | They will follow your lead. Let me be on the sidelines for this. | 他们会跟随你 这次让我靠边站就好 |
[10:48] | Well, I could only consider that as an option if I knew | 要我答应这件事 我必须先知道 |
[10:52] | that I could still come to you for counsel. | 我还能寻求你的帮助 |
[10:55] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:56] | Whatever you need. | 只要你有需要 |
[11:00] | Part of me is glad this got leaked. | 某部分的我暗自窃喜 这次新闻走漏的事 |
[11:05] | Well, it would’ve been better if it hadn’t | 没走漏当然比较理想 |
[11:07] | but at least people know where I stand. | 但至少大家都清楚我的立场 |
[11:12] | Thank you, Donald. | 谢谢你,唐纳 |
[11:13] | Happy to do it, Frank. | 我很乐意,法兰 |
[11:22] | He has no idea we got six kids in the next room | 他根本不知道隔壁有六个小子 |
[11:24] | already working on a new draft. Stamper! | 已经在写新草案了,史坦普! |
[11:26] | But why dampen his mood by telling him? We just gave him a great gift. | 干嘛坏了他的好心情? 我们刚送了他一份大礼 |
[11:30] | The chance to fulfill his destiny. | 完成他的使命 |
[11:32] | Write up a statement for Blythe. | 帮布莱斯写份新闻稿 |
[11:33] | Stepping aside, fresh ideas, et cetera, et cetera. | 让位、新点子,诸如此类的 |
[11:36] | Make it dignified. He’s a good man. | 要慎重一点,他是个好人 |
[11:38] | And bring me that Williams editorial. | 把《威廉学报》的社论给我 |
[11:45] | After careful thought and discussion with my staff, | 在郑重考虑 以及和身边的人讨论后 |
[11:48] | I am relinquishing my management of the Education Reform Act. | 我决定让出 教育改革法案的管理权 |
[11:52] | I hope to remain a part of the process, but I won’t be working… | 我希望能够继续参与这过程 但我将不会直接… |
[11:54] | Why did you leak the draft? | 你为何泄出草案? |
[11:57] | I’m not exactly sure how it got leaked | 我不是很清楚是如何泄漏的 |
[11:59] | -but it does represent… -lt came from your office though, correct? | – 但这确实代表… – 但是从你办公室泄出,是吗? |
[12:02] | -We wrote it… -Who will be managing the bill now? | – 是我们写的… – 那提案将由谁接管? |
[12:05] | -Frank Underwood. -Was that your choice? | – 法兰安德沃 – 是你的人选吗? |
[12:07] | Or did the administration… | 还是总统府… |
[12:08] | I feel very confident placing the bill in Frank’s capable hands. | 将提案交托给法兰 我非常有信心 |
[12:50] | Ms. Barnes. | 邦斯小姐 |
[12:52] | How very Deep Throat of you. | 你胃口还真大 |
[12:53] | Well, I can’t help you dispatch a president. How about a senator? | 我是没法帮你搞掉总统 参议员如何? |
[12:57] | The editorial on the Camp David Accords. | 关于大卫营协议的社论 |
[13:00] | “lt is the opinion of this newspaper that President Carter demand lsrael | “此报认为卡特总统 应该要求以色列 |
[13:04] | “withdraw all its citizens from the Gaza Strip and West Bank…” | “从加萨走廊和约旦河西岸 撤离所有市民… |
[13:07] | “Which it has illegally occupied since 1967.” | “他们自1967年 就非法侵占此地区” |
[13:10] | “lllegally occupied.” | “非法侵占” |
[13:11] | That’s quite an incendiary quote, don’t you think? | 很煽动的言论,不是吗? |
[13:13] | For an administration that says the Middle East is its top foreign policy priority. | 对于一个自称 中东是外交首要的总统府 |
[13:17] | Michael Kern? | 麦克凯恩? |
[13:19] | Did he personally write the editorial? | 是他亲笔写的? |
[13:21] | He was the editor. | 他当时是编辑 |
[13:23] | But did he write it himself? | 但是他自己写的吗? |
[13:27] | Then there’s no story. | 不然就没新闻性了 |
[13:29] | I’m saying it’s a question worth asking. | 我只是说这是个值得问的问题 |
[13:32] | And if he denies involvement? | 若他否认有关联呢? |
[13:34] | He will. Let him. | 他一定会,就让他 |
[13:36] | This is a man trying to be confirmed as Secretary of State. | 这人想要获准出任国务卿 |
[13:39] | Everything is a story. | 任何故事都有新闻性 |
[13:41] | There’s no direct link. | 没有直接的连接 |
[13:43] | I can’t get this past Hammerschmidt. | 翰默史密不会批的 |
[13:46] | Remember this moment when you resisted me. | 牢牢记住你反抗我的这一刻 |
[13:50] | When you said the words, “Then there is no story.” | 当你说出 “不然就没新闻性了” |
[13:56] | Get a good night’s sleep, Ms. Barnes. | 好好睡一觉吧,邦斯小姐 |
[13:58] | You have a big day tomorrow. | 明天可有你忙的 |
[14:23] | Francis? | 法兰斯? |
[14:35] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[14:38] | What does it look like? | 看来像什么? |
[14:39] | But the basement is mine. | 但地下室是我的地盘 |
[14:40] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:42] | -It’s not for me. -So who’s it for? | – 不是给我的 – 那是谁的? |
[14:44] | For you. | 你啊 |
[14:45] | There’s a gym in the Capitol. | 国会大楼有健身房 |
[14:47] | Which you never use. | 你从来不去 |
[14:48] | Because I’m a tad busy running the country. | 因为我忙着治理国家 |
[14:51] | But not at home. So now you have no excuse. | 但在家时没有啊 你现在可没藉口了 |
[14:53] | -I want it out. -Give it a try first. | – 搬出去 – 先试试嘛 |
[14:55] | Is this your subtle way of saying that I’m out of shape? | 你是想暗示我中年发福吗? |
[14:59] | No. It’s my way of suggesting you could be in better shape. | 不,我只是想建议你 身材可以更好 |
[15:02] | That sounds both passive-aggressive and condescending. | 那听起来很后恭前倨 也很自视甚高 |
[15:05] | Just plain aggressive and true. | 只是很直接了当 |
[15:07] | -Don’t wait up for me. -Are you going running now? | – 别等我了 – 你现在要去跑步? |
[15:11] | Yes, because I couldn’t this morning. I had an early meeting. | 对,我今早因为开会 所以没时间去 |
[15:14] | Use the monstrosity. It’s freezing out. | 用这玩意吧,外面很冷 |
[15:16] | You break it in. | 留给你去适应吧 |
[15:21] | It looks positively medieval, doesn’t it? | 真的很像中古世纪的刑具 |
[15:24] | Trying to turn my only sanctuary into a fitness dungeon. I won’t have it. | 把我唯一的私人空间 变成健身地牢,我绝不允许 |
[15:30] | It’s a stretch. | 有点扯 |
[15:31] | We’re not misleading anyone. He was the editor. | 我们没有在误导别人 他当时是编辑 |
[15:33] | -Did you call for comment? -I tried three times. | – 打电话问发言了吗? – 试了三次 |
[15:35] | The press secretary said he’d get back to me, he didn’t. | 新闻秘书说会回我电话 结果都没有 |
[15:37] | What about research? You couldn’t find anything to echo the editorial? | 背景调查呢? 没有支持这社论的东西吗? |
[15:40] | No quotes? No op-ed pieces? | 发言?其他相关新闻? |
[15:42] | Don’t you think if something like that existed someone would have printed it by now? | 如果有的话 你不觉得早有人登了吗? |
[15:46] | Nobody else has this, Lucas. | 别人没有这消息,卢卡斯 |
[15:47] | -I don’t think there’s a story here. -I’m not saying there’s a story. | – 我不认为这具有新闻性 – 我没说这有 |
[15:49] | All I’m saying is that there’s a question that needs to be answered. | 我只是说 这里有个需要解答的问题 |
[15:54] | This is a nominee for Secretary of State. | 这可是国务卿人选 |
[15:56] | We have an editorial on Palestine and lsrael. | 我们手上有关于 巴勒斯坦跟以色列的社论 |
[15:58] | -Which he didn’t write. -Which we don’t know he didn’t write. | – 不是他写的 – 这点还不清楚 |
[16:02] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[16:03] | We don’t have to print it. | 我们不一定要登 |
[16:04] | I could just scan the thing, stick it on a site and tweet the link. | 我可以扫描后上传 然后再推文 |
[16:07] | But if I did that, some other paper might… | 不过别家报社可能会… |
[16:11] | Don’t be a bitch. | 别耍贱 |
[16:13] | I’ll talk to Tom. | 我会跟汤姆说 |
[16:14] | That’s all I was asking. | 我也只有这点要求 |
[16:16] | We simply can’t afford to allow… | 我们不能让… |
[16:18] | I got a guy, he’s almost perfect. | 我有个人选,非常适合 |
[16:20] | He’s a libertarian drug fiend marinating in a mobile home. | 自由意志主义的毒虫 泡在活动房屋中 |
[16:23] | I didn’t agree with President Reagan on many things. | 有许多事我和雷根总统 都是立场相左 |
[16:26] | But there was some merit to the notion of trickle-down economics. | 但所谓的滴流经济学 确实有优点 |
[16:29] | And I feel there is much merit to the idea of trickle-down diplomacy. | 我认为滴流外交也是如此 |
[16:35] | Those are my lines. Vasquez must have given them to him. | 这原本是我的词 一定是瓦克斯给他的 |
[16:37] | …solve the stalemate between Israel and Palestine, | 解决巴勒斯坦 和以色列胶着的关系 |
[16:39] | that success will trickle down to a hundred other diplomatic dilemmas | 此成功将滴流到 许多其他的外交矛盾 |
[16:43] | between Muslims, Jews, Christians… | 存在于回教徒 犹太人与基督徒之间… |
[16:45] | I’m glad you brought up Israel and Palestine, because just before we came on the air, | 很高兴你提到以色列和巴勒斯坦 因为就在转播前 |
[16:49] | I received an advance copy of an article that’s going to be | 我收到了一份还未出刊的报导 |
[16:51] | in tomorrow’s Washington Herald. It’s front page. | 明天《华府先躯报》的头条 |
[16:54] | And it was written by Zoe Barnes. | 出自乔伊邦斯之笔 |
[16:55] | And in it she quotes an editorial that ran in the Williams College Register | 她引述《威廉大学学报》 一篇社论 |
[17:00] | when you were editor, back in September 1978, | 1978年9月 当时你是担任编辑 |
[17:03] | which called the Israeli presence in the Gaza Strip and West Bank, quote, | 声称以色列在加萨走廊 和约旦河西岸的市民 |
[17:06] | “An illegal occupation. “ | “是非法侵占” |
[17:08] | -May I see that? -Sure. | – 可以让我看看吗? – 当然 |
[17:10] | Did you write those words, “Illegal occupation”? | 你是否写下“非法侵占”? |
[17:13] | No. | 不 |
[17:14] | -I have no memory of this. -But you were the editor of the paper. | – 不记得有这事 – 但你当时是此报的编辑 |
[17:16] | Yes. | 是 |
[17:17] | So it couldn’t have gone out without your approval. | 所以这一定得经过你的批准 |
[17:19] | No, of course not. But my staff… | 当然不,但我下面的人… |
[17:22] | Somebody else usually wrote the… And then we’d vote… | 通常都是由别人写… 然后我们再投票… |
[17:26] | Well, did you vote for it? | 你当时支持这篇社论吗? |
[17:28] | Honestly, George, I can’t remember. It was 35 years ago… | 说真的,乔治,我不记得了 都35年前的事了… |
[17:30] | So you’re not sure whether or not you supported these words. | 所以你也不确定 当时有没有支持这些话 |
[17:33] | I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, I did not write these words. | 我可以很确定地告诉你 那不是我写的 |
[17:37] | But were they in line with your thinking at the time? | 但那是否符合你当时的想法? |
[17:41] | This is ludicrous. It’s ludicrous. | 荒谬,太荒谬了 |
[17:43] | That’s all we need, him laughing. | 太好了,他竟然还笑 |
[17:46] | Nancy, get me Dennis Mendel at the ADL. | 南茜,帮我打给 反诽谤联盟的丹尼斯曼德 |
[17:48] | -The Middle East is a vital American interest. -Yes. | – 中东是美国重要的利益 – 是 |
[17:51] | What you think about the Middle East is relevant. | 你对中东的看法至关紧要 |
[17:53] | You can look at my voting record. | 你可以去查我的投票纪录 |
[17:55] | Every single vote has been in defense of Israel. | 每一票都是捍卫以色列 |
[17:57] | So when did your views change? | 你的看法何时改变的? |
[17:59] | What I’m saying to you is… What’s important now, George, | 我要说的是… 现在重要的是,乔治 |
[18:02] | is how I have voted while I have represented the great state of Colorado. | 我在代表科罗拉多州时 如何投票 |
[18:06] | I understand that’s your position. | 这是你的立场 |
[18:07] | But a lot of other people are going to look at it and think | 但许多人看了或许会觉得 |
[18:09] | what you thought then is relevant as well. | 你当时的想法也很重要 |
[18:10] | Let me ask you this, have you ever changed your views since college? | 那我问你,你的观点 自大学后是否有改变? |
[18:13] | Certainly. But I’m not the nominee for Secretary of State. | 当然,但我不是国务卿候选人 |
[18:17] | -Even if I did have this viewpoint… -It’s golden. | – 就算我真有这种观点… – 太棒了 |
[18:20] | It’s a bull’s-eye. | 正中要害 |
[18:22] | What were you saying when you came in? | 你刚才说什么来着? |
[18:24] | So… | 所以… |
[18:26] | I found a guy who was on the college editorial staff when Kern was there. | 我找到凯恩 在大学当编辑时的同事 |
[18:30] | This burn-out still pumping mimeograph manifestos | 这家伙还在活动房屋里 |
[18:33] | out of a trailer park in the Berkshires. | 油印一大堆宣言 |
[18:34] | But you’re not planning on talking to him. | 但你不打算找他谈话 |
[18:37] | Peter Russo. | 彼得鲁索 |
[18:38] | Good. | 很好 |
[18:40] | Sounds like a perfect match. | 听起来再适合不过了 |
[18:45] | Dennis. | 丹尼斯 |
[18:47] | Any chance you’re watching Stephanopoulos? | 你在看斯特凡诺普洛斯吗? |
[18:59] | You look sexy when you’re improving the lives of hardworking Pennsylvanians. | 你在改善勤劳宾州人的生活时 看起来真性感 |
[19:03] | Is it the improving lives, or is it these fetching sweat pants? | 是改善生活这件事 还是因为这条运动裤? |
[19:07] | Why don’t you move that computer out of the way, let me see what that looks like? | 不如你把电脑拿开 让我好好看看? |
[19:13] | -Yeah, it’s better with the laptop. -Fuck off. | – 用电脑遮住比较好看 – 去死啦 |
[19:17] | You’re not paying enough attention to me. | 你都不理我 |
[19:18] | I pay attention to you all day at the office. | 我每天在公司看你还不够吗? |
[19:23] | Hey, you know, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you brush your teeth before. | 但我好像从未看过你刷牙 |
[19:26] | -Sure you have. -No, I don’t think so. | – 一定有吧 – 没有印象 |
[19:27] | I mean, I know that you do brush. But I don’t think I’ve ever actually witnessed it before. | 我知道你会刷牙 只是从来没看过 |
[19:31] | Well, here it is in all its glory. | 就是这个样子 |
[19:34] | Is that my toothbrush? | 那是我的牙刷吗? |
[19:35] | -I don’t know, is it? -Yes, it is. | – 不知道,是吗? – 是 |
[19:37] | -You left it here. -Peter, gross. | – 你留在这的? – 彼得,好恶心 |
[19:39] | Come on. We’ve exchanged plenty of fluids by now. | 拜托,我们吃了对方不少口水吧 |
[19:44] | No, no, no, no. | 不要 |
[19:46] | -No. Toothpaste! -It’s not toothpaste. | – 不,牙膏啊! – 那不是牙膏 |
[19:48] | -I’m rabid! -No! | – 我有狂犬病! – 不要啊! |
[19:55] | Go get it. | 去接吧 |
[19:57] | I have to take this. | 我必须要接 |
[20:00] | This is Russo. | 我是鲁索 |
[20:08] | Yeah. Right now, it’s 1 2:53. | 现在12点53分 |
[20:18] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好的 |
[20:24] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[20:26] | Is everything okay? | 怎么了? |
[20:27] | -It’s work stuff. -What kind of work stuff? | – 公事 – 什么公事? |
[20:29] | Congressman Wilensky. He wants to go over the tax incentive stuff we sent him. | 是威伦斯基议员 他要跟我讨论税收优惠的事 |
[20:34] | Peter, it’s 1:00 in the morning. | 彼得,现在是凌晨1点 |
[20:37] | Hey, Peter! | 彼得! |
[20:45] | I have meetings tomorrow. I have a committee hearing… | 我明天要开会 还有委员会的听证会… |
[20:48] | Congress will survive without you. | 国会少你一天不会垮的 |
[20:51] | Address. Directions. There’s an e-ticket in your name. | 地址和路线,帮你买的机票 |
[21:00] | Your flight leaves at 6:30. You should head to the airport. | 6点半的飞机 你该出发去机场了 |
[21:04] | This is coming from Frank? | 法兰的意思? |
[21:05] | No. This is coming from no one. | 不,不是任何人的意思 |
[21:07] | You have the flu and you’re calling in sick. | 你今天感冒要请病假 |
[21:10] | -What’s that? -What’s what? | – 那是什么? – 什么是什么? |
[21:13] | Is that a hickey? | 那是吻痕吗? |
[21:16] | Are you whoring around again? | 你又开始嫖妓了? |
[21:17] | No. I have a girlfriend. | 不,我有女朋友 |
[21:20] | You mean your little office romance. | 你是指你的办公室恋情 |
[21:23] | What do you know about that? | 你知道些什么? |
[21:25] | When it comes to your life, Peter, and what I know about it, | 彼得,就我对你人生的了解程度 |
[21:27] | you should assume that there’s no such thing as a secret. | 你应该是没什么秘密 |
[21:31] | Stay in touch. | 保持连络 |
[21:33] | You call me on my cell, never at the office. | 有事打我手机 千万别打到公司 |
[21:37] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[21:41] | Knock ’em dead, tiger. | 加油 |
[22:00] | How are we? | 怎么样? |
[22:02] | Over-tired, under-caffeinated, but we’re making progress. | 很累、喝很多咖啡 但有进展 |
[22:06] | Less than a week to go. | 剩不到一周了 |
[22:07] | -Yeah, we’ll do our best. -You what? | – 我们会尽力 – 你们会怎样? |
[22:10] | We’ll get it done. | 我们会完成 |
[22:11] | And somebody open a window. It’s rancid in here. | 谁把窗户打开吧 里面臭气薰天 |
[22:13] | That is what happens when six people don’t shower for half a week. | 六个人三、四天不洗澡 就是这个样子 |
[22:18] | Anything you need, other than deodorant? | 除了除臭剂还需要什么? |
[22:20] | Yeah, this performance standards thing. | 成绩标准这块 |
[22:22] | -The teachers unions are gonna… -Leave it in. | – 教师工会恐怕会… – 留着 |
[22:23] | -But we could dilute it a bit… -I’ll handle the unions. | – 或许措辞… – 工会我来搞定 |
[22:25] | -What else, anything? -Conjugal visits? | – 还有什么吗? – 开放配偶探视? |
[22:29] | I’ll get back to work. | 我继续工作 |
[22:33] | Nancy, what do I have next? | 南茜,下面行程是什么? |
[22:36] | Constituent calls from 2:10 to 2:35, fundraising until 3:50, | 2点10分到35分接听选民电话 募款活动到3点50分 |
[22:40] | -deputy caucus at 4:00. -The call list? | – 4点副党鞭会议 – 电话名册? |
[22:41] | -It’s on your desk. -My briefing for the caucus? | – 在你桌上 – 会议的简报呢? |
[22:43] | -Next to the call list. -Have you been in the conference room? | – 在名册旁边 – 你去过会议室了吗? |
[22:46] | Have it steam-cleaned over the weekend. | 周末找人来蒸汽清洁 |
[22:47] | In the meantime, get those poor kids some Febreze or something. | 给这些可怜的小鬼们 几罐芳香剂 |
[22:49] | It’s like a petting zoo. | 味道像动物园一样 |
[22:52] | You gotta see this. | 你快来看 |
[22:55] | But were they in line with your thinking at the time? | 但那是否符合你当时的立场? |
[23:00] | We do not consider the issue of Israel and Palestine a laughing matter. | 我们不认为 以色列和巴勒斯坦关系是儿戏 |
[23:04] | And he calls Israel “illegal”? Well, he’s an anti-Semite and he is wrong. | 他说以色列“非法”? 他是反犹分子,也有失道德 |
[23:09] | We would have grave, grave concerns about appointing such a man | 要指派这人出任下届国务卿 |
[23:12] | our next Secretary of State. | 非常令人担忧 |
[23:15] | It’s too easy. | 轻而易举 |
[24:23] | Roy. Hi, my name is Peter Russo. Congressman Russo. | 罗伊,你好 我是彼得鲁索议员 |
[24:29] | I’d like to just speak to you for just… | 我想跟你聊一下… |
[24:32] | -Sir? -Either you’re lying, and you can fuck off, | – 先生? – 你要不就在撒谎,快给我滚 |
[24:36] | or you’re telling the truth, and you can absolutely fuck off. | 不然就在说实话 这样你就更该给我滚 |
[24:39] | I saw your web site. I’m a fan. | 我拜读了你的网站 我是你的粉丝 |
[24:46] | And I brought you something. | 我有东西要给你 |
[25:00] | Babe, put some clothes on. | 宝贝,把衣服穿上 |
[25:02] | What? | 什么? |
[25:03] | -We got a guest. -So? | – 我们有客人 – 那又怎样? |
[25:05] | -Hey. -Put some clothes on. | – 你好 – 把衣服穿上 |
[25:09] | Ice or no ice? | 要不要冰块? |
[25:12] | No ice. | 不要 |
[25:13] | Good, ’cause we don’t have any. | 很好,要也没有 |
[25:23] | -Fuck. Echo! I told you to put the… -It’s okay. | – 该死,艾可!我叫你把… – 不要紧 |
[25:28] | I’ll keep your secret if you keep mine. | 若你帮我保密 我就帮你保密 |
[25:31] | A congressman, you say? | 你说你是议员? |
[25:33] | Right now, I’m just a drinking companion. | 现在我只是个酒伴 |
[25:35] | Well all right, companion, have yourself a drink. | 好吧,酒伴,喝一杯吧 |
[25:52] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[26:10] | $10,000. | 一万元 |
[26:13] | What will that get me? | 有什么服务? |
[26:16] | I mean, I’m kinky, but I don’t know if I’m the girl you’re looking for. | 我有特殊怪僻,但不知道 你是不是要找这种女人 |
[26:19] | You’re definitely the girl that I’m looking for. | 你果然是我要找的女人 |
[26:25] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[26:27] | All I want for that money is your silence. | 这钱是遮口费 |
[26:31] | -My what? -The guy you were with the other night, | – 什么? – 那天跟你一起的那个男的 |
[26:33] | the one who was arrested. Do you know who he was? | 被警察逮捕的那个 你知道他是谁吗? |
[26:36] | You mean the congressman? | 你是指那个议员? |
[26:38] | There was no congressman. | 从来就没什么议员 |
[26:40] | There was no arrest. None of that exists. | 也没人被逮捕 这些全都没发生过 |
[26:42] | All that exists is the money sitting right there in front of you. | 唯一真实的只有你眼前的钱 |
[26:46] | Do you understand? | 明白吗? |
[26:50] | Yeah. | 明白 |
[26:53] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:00] | Open your mouth. | 张开嘴 |
[27:19] | Last little bit’s for me. | 这是为我做的 |
[27:33] | You’re scolding me. | 你在骂我 |
[27:36] | Am l? | 有吗? |
[27:38] | You are. Silently. | 在你心里 |
[27:43] | Is it the rowing machine? | 因为健身器材的事? |
[27:45] | -You tell me. -It’s the rowing machine. | – 你说呢? – 果然是为了健身器材 |
[27:48] | You haven’t used it. | 你都没用 |
[27:49] | How do you know I haven’t? | 你怎么知道? |
[27:50] | Francis. | 法兰斯 |
[27:52] | You know I don’t like to be managed. | 你知道我不喜欢被操控 |
[27:54] | I’m not trying to manage you. | 我没有操控你 |
[27:56] | I just don’t want to outlive you by 25 years. | 我只是不想比你多活25年 |
[27:59] | I must walk three miles a day around that Capitol. I’m constantly on my feet. | 我每天在国会大楼走五公里 成天在走动 |
[28:03] | And do you know how many calories the brain burns? | 你知道用脑要消耗多少大卡吗? |
[28:06] | I’m not worried about your brain. | 我不担心你的脑 |
[28:09] | It’s your heart we’re talking about. | 是你的心脏 |
[28:15] | Use the machine. | 用健身器材 |
[28:20] | She’s right. I should take better care of myself. | 她说得对 我是该好好照顾身体 |
[28:24] | But it’s the principle. | 但这是原则问题 |
[28:26] | I won’t be a slave to anybody or anything you can order with a toll-free number. | 我绝不成为任何人 或是邮购东西的奴隶 |
[28:42] | We share the wealth in this republic. | 共享这个共和国的财富 |
[28:53] | I thought the whole editorial team pitched in. | 我以为整个编辑部都有贡献 |
[28:56] | Sometimes. Not that time, though. | 有时是这样,但那次没有 |
[28:58] | But he must’ve written some of it. | 但一定有部分是他写的 |
[29:00] | No, that was all me. | 不,整篇都是我写的 |
[29:07] | What if people thought he wrote it. | 若大家认为是他写的呢? |
[29:08] | Fuck that, he’s a fraud. | 去他的,他是个虚伪的人 |
[29:11] | No, he’s worse than a fraud, he’s a fucking farce. | 不,比虚伪还要糟 他是场该死的闹剧 |
[29:13] | And I’ll tell you something. | 我告诉你 |
[29:15] | He used to be even more of a maniac than I am. | 他以前比我还要疯狂 |
[29:18] | -Chemicals? -No, politics. | – 吸毒? – 不,政治 |
[29:21] | We had some nights, man. | 有些晚上真的很夸张 |
[29:22] | Long conversations. Dangerous fucking notions. | 彻夜长谈 一些很耸动的念头 |
[29:26] | -Like what? -You name it. | – 例如? – 随便你说 |
[29:27] | OPEC, Pinochet, the fucking Food Stamp Act, | 油盟、皮诺契、粮食券法案 |
[29:31] | then the motherland sang her mating call. | 然后祖国开始勾引他 |
[29:34] | Oh, say can you… | 你看见了吗… |
[29:36] | Next thing, he’s cramming for the bar at Bryn Mawr and snapping on a flag pin. | 接着他恶补考上 布林茅尔学院法学院,开始从政 |
[29:40] | Does Bryn Mawr have a law school? | 布林茅尔有法学院吗? |
[29:42] | My point is, he started goose-stepping in the marionette parade. | 我的重点是他开始像个墙头草 |
[29:46] | Left, right, red, blue, Democrat, Republican. | 左派、右派、红、蓝 民主党、共和党 |
[29:48] | They’re all dangling from the same strings. | 追根究底还不是都一个样 |
[29:51] | Take a sledge hammer to the whole fucking Punch and Judy show, | 还不如把一切都毁灭 |
[29:55] | that’s what’s required. | 这才是必须的 |
[29:56] | Thought you were a patriot. | 我还以为你很爱国 |
[29:57] | -Fuck yeah, one of the few. -So what’s wrong with public service? | – 当然,当今没剩几个了 – 那当公仆有何不妥? |
[30:00] | Public service? Come on, man. | 公仆?拜托 |
[30:03] | You gotta get a grip on who your masters are. | 你得搞清楚老大是谁 |
[30:05] | The lMF, the World Bank, the Rockefeller Trilateral Commission. | 国际货币基金组织、世界银行 洛克斐勒三边委员会 |
[30:09] | You bank roll their fucking death squads. | 他们的行刑队都是你在养 |
[30:13] | It’s called FEMA, it’s called Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. | 名叫联邦紧急事务管理署 烟酒枪炮及爆裂物管理局 |
[30:16] | NATO, border control. | 北约、边境管理 |
[30:18] | You think Katrina was incompetence? That was highly orchestrated negligence. | 卡崔娜飓风应变是无能吗? 那是刻意串通好的疏忽 |
[30:22] | Look at Waco, Amnesty lnternational, the ACLU. | 你看围城事件、国际特赦组织 美国公民自由联盟 |
[30:25] | Smoke screens, all of them. Blood on their hands. | 都是烟雾弹,手上都染血 |
[30:29] | Well, exactly. | 正是啊 |
[30:32] | You want me to lie to the people. | 你要我欺骗人民 |
[30:34] | I want you to spare the people another hypocrite. | 我要你除去另一个伪君子 拯救人民 |
[30:37] | What’s in it for you? | 你有什么好处? |
[30:41] | Poetic justice. | 算是讨回公道 |
[30:43] | Come on, you’re one of them. | 你也是他们的一分子 |
[30:46] | Can a corporate sell-out roll a joint like this? | 大集团的走狗 卷大麻的技巧有这么熟练吗? |
[30:56] | If I wanted to do this thing, | 若真要这么做 |
[30:59] | how might I go about that, precisely? | 应该要做些什么呢? |
[31:11] | How did it go? | 怎么样? |
[31:14] | There were a few tears here and there and some anger, | 有些人哭了,有些人很愤怒 |
[31:18] | but nothing unexpected. | 但都在预料之内 |
[31:24] | I’m going to need you to leave us today too, Evelyn. | 我今天也要开除你,艾薇琳 |
[31:28] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:30] | I just can’t have any doubt about the direction I’m taking. | 我不能留下质疑我决策的人 |
[31:39] | -You just had me fire 18 people. -I know. | – 你才刚逼我炒了18个人 – 我知道 |
[31:43] | I sat across from them in this room, | 我坐在他们对面 |
[31:45] | -and I had to tell each and every one… -I know. | – 必须跟每一个人说… – 我知道 |
[31:51] | I am 59 years old. Nobody hires anybody my age. | 我已经59岁了 没有人会雇用我 |
[31:54] | I will write you any kind of recommendation… | 我愿意帮你写任何推荐信… |
[31:57] | To do what? Bag groceries? | 干嘛?帮人装菜吗? |
[32:00] | Come on, what am l supposed to tell my daughter? | 拜托,我要怎么跟女儿说? |
[32:01] | I’m sorry, Evelyn, I truly… | 我真的很抱歉,艾薇琳… |
[32:03] | No, you’re not. You don’t give a fuck. | 你根本不在乎 |
[32:08] | Eighteen people, Claire. | 18个人,克莱儿 |
[32:14] | Nineteen if you count me. | 加上我就19个 |
[32:18] | I have to… | 我必须… |
[32:22] | I have to call my daughter. | 我必须打电话给我女儿 |
[33:06] | I know today has been tough. | 我知道今天很难熬 |
[33:10] | A lot of your colleagues have left, | 你们很多同事都离开了 |
[33:12] | and I owe you an explanation. | 我必须要向你们解释 |
[33:16] | Many of those who left us today helped build the CWl from the ground up, | 今天离开的人 许多都是净水创权的元老 |
[33:21] | and I’m grateful to them. | 我很感谢他们 |
[33:23] | But it is time for us to evolve, | 但我们现在必须要进化 |
[33:26] | and to accomplish this, we had to make hard choices | 为了这个目标 我们必须做出困难的选择 |
[33:31] | and bring in new people. | 招揽新人 |
[33:34] | That’s what today was about. | 这就是今天的意义 |
[33:37] | You have any questions, my door is always open. | 任何人若有疑问 可以随时来找我 |
[33:45] | I’m all good for National and Metro. We’ve got space for Political if we need it. | 全国和地方新闻都搞定了 若有需要,政治版有留版面 |
[33:49] | Janine? Anything new on Michael Kern? | 珍妮?麦克凯恩那有新消息吗? |
[33:51] | The White House is dodging. | 白宫在打太极 |
[33:53] | You can’t get anyone on record? | 没有人愿意正式发言? |
[33:55] | Not just me. They’re shutting all of us down in the briefings. | 不只是我 他们禁止所有问题 |
[33:59] | No one is giving an inch, even on background. | 连幕后都没人肯吭一声 |
[34:02] | In the meantime, I’m working on a feature about | 在这期间,我在写 |
[34:04] | the administration’s foreign policy agenda, | 总统府外交政策的特别报导 |
[34:06] | how it shifted from the start of the campaign, increased DOD spending… | 从竞选时承诺 要增加国防部预算转变为… |
[34:09] | We see you, Zoe. | 看到你了,乔伊 |
[34:11] | I can link Kern directly to the Williams editorial. | 我找到凯恩 和那篇社论的直接关系 |
[34:13] | -What? -I’ve got a guy named Roy Kapeniak, | – 什么? – 我找到一个叫罗伊卡普奈的人 |
[34:16] | who was on the editorial staff when Kern was there. | 凯恩当编辑时他也在编辑部 |
[34:18] | Hey, Twitter-twat. WTF? | 推特小贱人,搞什么鬼啊? |
[34:19] | Wait, wait, wait. Roy what? | 等等,罗伊什么? |
[34:21] | Kapeniak. A classmate of Kern’s. | 卡普奈,他是凯恩的同学 |
[34:23] | I have him on record saying Kern wrote every word of the editorial. | 他说那篇社论 每个字都是凯恩写的 |
[34:27] | Let’s move this into my office. Zoe, Lucas. | 乔伊、卢卡斯,到我办公室 |
[34:37] | Janine! | 珍妮! |
[34:41] | Let me once and for all say this definitively. | 容我一次把话讲清楚 |
[34:44] | I didn’t author that editorial. | 那篇社论不是我写的 |
[34:47] | Not a single sentence, word, comma or period. | 一字一句或标点符号都不是 |
[34:50] | If memory serves me, it was Mr. Kapeniak who wrote it. | 我若没记错的话 应该是位卡普奈先生写的 |
[34:53] | Why on earth he’s trying to claim that I did is beyond me. | 他为何一口咬定说是我写的 我无从得知 |
[34:57] | Let me further say that I am a strong supporter of the state of Israel. | 但我必须进一步声明 我非常支持以色列 |
[35:00] | As the most stable country in the region and our strongest ally… | 它是中东地区最稳定的国家 也是我们最有力的盟友… |
[35:04] | It’s Frank Underwood for Cathy. | 法兰安德沃找凯西 |
[35:06] | …in any peace process. | …推动任何和平政策 |
[35:08] | Because without the stability of Israel, there can be no Palestine. | 因为少了以色列的稳定性 就不可能有巴勒斯坦 |
[35:13] | CNN, right now. | 马上看CNN |
[35:18] | -“Without Israel there can be no Palestine”? -I’ve got it on. | – “少了以色列就不可能有巴勒斯坦”? – 我在看 |
[35:21] | I would remind Senator Kern that there was a Palestine | 我想要提醒凯恩参议员 巴勒斯坦早就存在 |
[35:24] | Iong before there was an Israel. | 早在以色列成立前就存在了 |
[35:26] | His comments are not only ignorant, they are racist. | 他的发言不但无知 还含有种族歧视 |
[35:30] | Get ready, Cathy. Things are about to move very quickly. | 做好准备,凯西 后面发展将非常快 |
[35:34] | Okay, I’m ready. | 好的,我准备好了 |
[35:37] | -Hey. I… -Peter. | – 你好,我… – 彼得 |
[35:40] | -Not now. -Stop! Hey, hey, where have you been? | – 现在没时间 – 等等!你去哪里了? |
[35:46] | -God, you’re fucking high. -No, l… | – 天啊,你在嗑药 – 不,我… |
[35:48] | Yes, you are, look at your eyes. | 你是,你看你的眼睛 |
[35:49] | Please, just lay off. | 别管了 |
[35:52] | You promised me it wouldn’t be like this. | 你答应我你不会再这样的 |
[35:56] | Cancel whatever I have for the rest of the day. | 把我今天的行程都取消 |
[36:36] | Kern is out. | 凯恩没戏唱了 |
[36:39] | -They’re tossing him? -Technically, he’ll withdraw himself, but yes. | – 他们甩掉他了? – 严格来说,是他自己退出 |
[36:43] | Can I say, “A source close to the White House”? | 能说“白宫的可靠消息”吗? |
[36:45] | No. You let this story play out on its own time. | 不,让消息自己散出去 |
[36:47] | They’ll announce in the morning. | 他们明早就会宣布了 |
[36:49] | I’m sorry, if not that, what story are we talking about? | 抱歉,如果不是那件事 那是什么新闻? |
[36:52] | Catherine Durant. As soon as Kern withdraws, you say she’ll be the replacement. | 凯萨琳杜伦 凯恩一退出,你就报由她接手 |
[36:58] | -ls that true? -lt will be after you write it. | – 是真的吗? – 你登了就是 |
[37:02] | Roy Kapeniak was you. | 罗伊卡普奈是你的棋子 |
[37:04] | You might very well think that. I couldn’t possibly comment. | 你是可以这么想 我不予置评 |
[37:07] | You found him. You had him call me… | 你找到他,要他跟我连络… |
[37:09] | Kapeniak and Kern were appetizers, Ms. Barnes. | 卡普奈与凯恩只是前菜 邦斯小姐 |
[37:12] | Catherine Durant is the meal. | 凯萨琳杜伦才是主菜 |
[37:16] | Say that name. “Catherine Durant.” Say it over and over. | 说那个名字“凯萨琳杜伦” 重复地念 |
[37:22] | Tomorrow afternoon, write it down. | 明天下午,将名字写下来 |
[37:25] | Then watch that name come out of the mouth of the President of the United States. | 然后等着从美国总统的口中 听到这个名字 |
[37:31] | This is where we get to create. | 这就是我们要创造的事 |
[37:41] | Don’t miss your train, Ms. Barnes. It’s the last one tonight. | 别错过你的班车,邦斯小姐 这可是末班车 |
[37:47] | Zoe Barnes of the Washington Herald now reporting, | 《华府先躯报》乔伊邦斯报导 |
[37:49] | quoting a source close to the President, as saying that Senator Catherine Durant | 总统身边的可靠消息指出 凯萨琳杜伦参议员 |
[37:53] | will likely be the new nominee for Secretary of State | 很可能是下届国务卿人选 |
[37:56] | after Michael Kern’s withdrawal earlier this week. | 麦克凯恩这周宣布退出 |
[37:58] | The White House has remained silent on whether the President | 白宫对于总统是否会提名杜伦 |
[38:01] | will tap Durant for the nomination, | 目前并没有任何表示 |
[38:03] | but a national Zogby poll shows wide support for Durant across party lines. | 但全国佐格比民调显示 两党对杜伦的支持度都非常高 |
[38:07] | …has served 10 years on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, | …在参议院外交关系委员会 服务长达十年 |
[38:10] | made numerous diplomatic missions to South America… | 曾多次参与外交任务 造访南美… |
[38:12] | …place our faith in her, knowing that we have a responsible, experienced, | …信任她,知道我们选了一名 有责任感、经验丰富 |
[38:16] | brilliant woman representing our interests abroad. | 和聪明的女人 代表我们的国外权益 |
[38:18] | …middle of the road, team player, strong on defense. | …中坚分子、能与他人合作 在国防上采取强硬态度 |
[38:21] | And if there’s a woman that can work with the Joint Chiefs, she’s the one. | 她确实可与三军参谋共事 |
[38:25] | Durant is the way to go, it’s a no-brainer. | 杜伦绝对是最佳人选 |
[38:26] | The President should stop this pageant and simply make the call. | 总统应该停止做秀 尽快公布人选 |
[38:29] | Why are we still talking about if they’re going to nominate Durant? | 我们为什么还在猜测 是否会推选杜伦? |
[38:32] | Why don’t they just do it already so we can all stop talking about ifs | 为什么不快点宣布 我们就能结束这种推测 |
[38:36] | and start talking about when and what | 改讨论时间与细节 |
[38:37] | and how Durant’s going to shape our foreign policy. | 还有杜伦会如何影响 美国外交政策 |
[39:07] | So, history? | 历史呢? |
[39:12] | History. | 历史 |
[39:17] | I’m very impressed, Frank. | 我很满意,法兰 |
[39:20] | Good. With your go-ahead, I’ll start the mark-up. | 很好,你批了 我就可以开始编辑 |
[39:22] | Have Birch and Rasmussen seen this? | 柏许跟拉斯穆森看过了吗? |
[39:24] | Not yet, I wanted you to be the first to have a look. | 还没,我想先让你过目 |
[39:26] | I’ll schedule a time for you to fill in the President. | 我会帮你跟总统约时间 向他汇报 |
[39:27] | Oh, no, no, no. That is your turf, Linda. You should do that. | 不,那是你的地盘,琳达 应该由你去 |
[39:31] | -Thank you, Frank. -My pleasure. Thank you. | – 谢谢你,法兰 – 我的荣幸,谢谢 |
[39:34] | I so apologize for everything… | 我为之前的事道歉… |
[39:36] | No, no, no. That’s not necessary. | 不,真的不需要 |
[39:40] | Now for the real meeting. | 现在才是真正的会议 |
[39:42] | So, what is happening with Michael Kern? | 麦克凯恩到底怎么回事? |
[39:46] | -It’s a total nightmare. -Do you know who you’re going to tap next? | – 简直是场噩梦 – 你们知道要找谁代替吗? |
[39:50] | Frank, we still need you in the House… | 法兰,我们需要你在众议院… |
[39:52] | No, no, no. I wouldn’t dream of it. We’ve got our education bill. | 不,我压根没这么想 我们有教育提案的事要忙 |
[39:55] | I was just curious. | 我只是好奇 |
[39:57] | Somehow, the rumor is flying around that we’re going to nominate Catherine Durant. | 有传言说 我们要提名凯萨琳杜伦 |
[40:01] | I’m sure you’ve noticed. | 我相信你也有耳闻 |
[40:02] | Is the rumor true? | 是真的吗? |
[40:03] | Well, we weren’t considering her at first, | 本来是没有考虑她 |
[40:05] | but the President asked me to have her vetted, in case we want to go that route. | 但总统已经吩咐我调查她 若最后决定提名她 |
[40:09] | Interesting. | 真有趣 |
[40:10] | What do you think? | 你认为呢? |
[40:15] | Well, she wouldn’t be my first choice… | 她不会是我的首选… |
[40:17] | Who would be your first choice? | 你的首选是谁呢? |
[40:18] | She campaigned hard against us in the primaries. | 她在初选时跟我们是对立的 |
[40:21] | That’s my reservation. | 这也是我的顾虑 |
[40:22] | But you’d show yourself above party politics, | 但这样反而显得你们肚量大 |
[40:25] | and I know she’d work all the harder for it. | 我相信她会更努力争取 |
[40:27] | Decent experience. Respect across the aisle… | 经验也足够 两党对她都有一定的尊敬… |
[40:29] | So you think we can seriously consider her? | 你认为真的可以考虑她? |
[40:33] | It’s not the worst idea in the world. | 不是个坏点子 |
[40:56] | Where are you getting this shit? | 你哪来的消息? |
[40:58] | -What? -Your stories. | – 什么? – 你的新闻 |
[41:00] | -I was just… -Who are you fucking? | – 我只是… – 你在陪谁睡? |
[41:03] | -Nobody. -Oh, come on. | – 没有人 – 拜托 |
[41:05] | You’re a Metro scrub, and now look at you. | 你本来是地方新闻的小咖 现在看看你 |
[41:08] | You’d have to be fucking somebody important. | 你一定是跟哪个大人物上床 |
[41:11] | I’m just doing my job, Janine. Excuse me. | 我只是在做我的工作,珍妮 失陪了 |
[41:21] | All right. One sec. Okay. | 好吧,等一下,好 |
[41:25] | -ls this your first remote? -Yeah, it’s my first time. | – 这是你第一次连线? – 对,第一次 |
[41:38] | Right into the camera. | 看镜头 |
[41:39] | Don’t shift in your seat, and there’s no reason | 别扭来扭去 |
[41:42] | to speak above a conversational volume, the mic will pick you up. | 讲话不需要太大声 麦克风收音很好 |
[41:44] | -You all ready? -Yeah. | – 好了吗? – 好了 |
[41:46] | All right, don’t forget to breathe. | 别忘了要呼吸 |
[41:58] | We’d like to welcome Zoe Barnes from the Washington Herald. | 我们欢迎 《华府先躯报》的乔伊邦斯 |
[42:02] | Zoe, thank you forjoining us. | 乔伊,谢谢你的加入 |
[42:04] | I am very glad to be here. Thank you for having me. | 我很荣幸,谢谢你们的邀情 |
[42:07] | You broke the education bill, the Kern editorial and now Durant. | 你独家报导教育提案 凯恩的社论,现在又加上杜伦 |
[42:10] | I’m just thrilled to be reporting news that matters. | 我很兴奋 能报导重要的新闻 |
[42:13] | And it’s truly been a team effort. Everyone at the Herald pitched in. | 这是《先躯报》 整个团队的努力 |
[42:17] | But yes, a lot of firsts. | 但确实有许多第一次 |
[42:21] | First national story, first… | 第一个全国性新闻,第一个… |
[42:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:37] | -Calling it a night. -See you tomorrow, sir. | – 我先走了 – 明天见,先生 |
[42:48] | But yes, a lot of firsts. | 确实有许多第一次 |
[42:50] | First national story, first front page by-line, | 第一个全国性新闻 第一个头条新闻 |
[42:55] | first TV interview… | 第一个电视采访… |
[42:58] | I would wave to my mom, but the camera man said not to shift in my seat. | 我很想跟我妈挥手 但摄影师叫我别乱动 |
[43:05] | What a roller coaster. | 真像是云霄飞车 |
[43:09] | It really is too bad. Kern is a good man. | 太可惜了,凯恩是个好人 |
[43:12] | And now Catherine Durant. | 现在轮到凯萨琳杜伦 |
[43:14] | Yes. Right place, right time, I suppose. | 我想这就是所谓的 天时地利人和吧 |
[43:17] | -We like her, don’t we? -Very much. | – 我们喜欢她,不是吗? – 非常喜欢 |
[43:20] | The question is does she like SanCorp as much as we like her? | 重点是她是否 也这么喜欢善可工业? |
[43:23] | I would say that that is a very good bet. | 那是很好的赌注 |
[43:26] | But then again, I’m not a betting man. | 但话说回来 我不是个爱赌的人 |
[43:27] | No, you always like a sure thing. | 你总是喜欢有把握的事 |
[43:29] | When it avails itself. Goodnight, Remy. | 如果能够的话,晚安,瑞米 |
[43:31] | Goodnight, Frank. See you around. | 晚安,法兰,后会有期 |
[43:33] | Hopefully less and less now. | 希望越来越少 |
[43:41] | Oh, no, I charged the wrong thing. What did you have again? | 抱歉,我算错了 你点的是什么? |
[43:44] | Medium decaf latte. | 中杯无因拿铁 |
[43:46] | Med, latt, dec… | 中杯无因拿铁… |
[43:54] | -I don’t know how to get it to go back. -This one and this one. | – 我不知道怎么退出去 – 按这个然后这个 |
[43:58] | -This one? -No. Let me do it. | – 这个? – 不是,我来吧 |
[44:15] | I’ll have to ask you to stay back, Congressman. | 我必须请你退后,议员 |
[44:16] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[44:18] | Some guy was trying to get into the building. | 有个人想要闯进去 |
[44:19] | When we said no, he started tearing his clothes off. | 我们把他拦下来后 他突然开始脱衣服 |
[44:45] | Nobody can hear you. Nobody cares about you. | 没有人听得到你 也没有人在乎你 |
[44:49] | Nothing will come of this. | 这一点意义都没有 |
[44:54] | Why don’t you let these nice gentlemen take you home? | 不如让这两个人送你回家? |
[45:05] | Cover him up. It’s cold out here. | 找东西给他盖,外面很冷 |
[45:07] | You heard the congressman. Cover him up. | 你听到议员说的了 找东西给他盖 |
[45:33] | Francis? | 法兰斯? |