时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | When the enemy attacked, you ran away. That’s treason. | 敌人攻击,你跑了 那就是叛国 |
[00:03] | Now it’s time to splatter your brains everywhere. | 现在要你脑浆迸裂 |
[00:06] | Please! Please, don’t kill me! | 拜托你!不要杀我! |
[00:09] | Shut up! Die like a man! | 闭嘴!勇敢地去死吧! |
[00:10] | But I have a wife and family. | 可是我还有妻小 |
[00:14] | That’s what happens to cowards. | 胆小鬼的下场就是这样 |
[00:16] | Hey. You have to keep it down. | 小声点 |
[00:18] | There’s an important meeting going on. | 这里在开重要会议 |
[00:20] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[00:21] | I’ll set you up in the copy room. You won’t be in the way there. | 我带你去拷贝室 才不会干扰到别人 |
[00:25] | This is gonna be a close vote. | 这次票数会很接近 |
[00:26] | Most of your colleagues | 大部分同事… |
[00:27] | are not gonna want to spend this amount of money in just 25 districts. | 都不会想把这一大笔钱 只花在25选区内 |
[00:30] | Try persuasion first. | 先试着用劝说 |
[00:32] | Talking points are in your packets. | 劝说重点在资料里 |
[00:33] | And ifyou want more detailed information, research, statistics, | 如果还需要更多详细资讯 研究报告或统计资料 |
[00:37] | you can contact Gillian or myself. | 可以和我或吉莉安连络 |
[00:39] | And when it comes to doling out favors, talk to Doug. | 如果需要给甜头,去找道格 |
[00:41] | If favors don’t work, come to me directly. Peter. | 如果给甜头没用 就直接来找我,彼得 |
[00:44] | I’ll be campaigning in Pennsylvania. | 我会在宾州竞选 |
[00:45] | All my events this week will be in counties within the watershed, | 本周我所有的活动 会在分水岭内的各郡 |
[00:48] | so I’ll be working the media angle. | 所以我会专攻媒体 |
[00:50] | But ifyou need me to get on the phone with anybody, | 不过如果你们需要我 和任何人电话沟通 |
[00:52] | reach out to Christina. She’ll work it into my schedule. | 去找克里丝汀娜 她会安排时间表 |
[00:54] | I have to say, Frank, $200 million is going to be a hard sell. | 我得直说,法兰 二亿元会很难让人接受 |
[00:57] | The natural gas lobby’s already putting up a big fight. | 天然气的游说团体 已经全力反抗 |
[01:00] | We need to make this about jobs. | 我们需要针对就业 |
[01:01] | But the drilling industry can offer far more jobs than this bill can. | 可是钻井业能提供的就业机会 比这个提案多得多 |
[01:04] | This bill doesn’t threaten those jobs, | 提案没威胁到那些工作 |
[01:05] | it just makes sure the drilling is done responsibly. | 只是要让钻井业 负起更多责任 |
[01:07] | It adds more jobs on top of that. | 此外还能提供更多就业 |
[01:09] | I’ve already been approached by SanCorp with re-election funds. | 善可工业已经来找过我 提供竞选连任资金 |
[01:11] | I have too. | 我也是 |
[01:12] | They offered me a donation package from eight different drilling companies. | 有八个不同的钻井公司 要透过他们捐献金 |
[01:16] | -Remy Danton? -Yep. | – 瑞米丹顿吗? – 对 |
[01:18] | How many of you been approached by Remy? | 瑞米找过你们哪些人? |
[01:21] | Look, I know it’s not easy to turn down money. | 我知道,拒绝金钱不容易 |
[01:24] | But if the Republicans control redistricting in Pennsylvania, | 可是如果共和党 控制宾州的重划选区 |
[01:27] | we lose the House next election, | 下次选举我们会失去众议院 |
[01:29] | and all of you lose your committee chairmanships. | 你们每个人 也会失去委员会主席的席位 |
[01:32] | This is a feather that we need in Peter’s hat. | 这对彼得的竞选至关重要 |
[01:34] | A loss on this bill endangers his chance ofwinning, | 如果这提案没通过 会危及他当选的机会 |
[01:37] | and we are fighting to keep our majority here. | 我们也要努力维持多数席位 |
[01:40] | Any other concerns? | 有其他疑问吗? |
[01:42] | I want a first vote count by 4:00 tomorrow afternoon. | 明天下午4点前 把第一轮票数给我 |
[01:44] | Thank you all very much. | 多谢各位 |
[03:22] | It’s brutal. Twenty-two stops in three days. | 真赶,三天内要去22个点 |
[03:25] | -It’s a lot of sleeping on the bus. -No sleeping. | – 要常在巴士上睡觉 – 没空睡觉 |
[03:27] | That bus is the only place I can get work done. | 我只能在那巴士上工作 |
[03:29] | You know, Francis did a big bus tour in 1998, | 法兰斯在1998年 坐巴士展开长途巡回 |
[03:32] | and the bus lost its brakes going down a hill | 那台巴士煞车失灵 冲下山坡 |
[03:36] | and we landed in a tobacco field. | 掉入烟草田里 |
[03:37] | He gets out of the car, knocks on the farmer’s door, | 他走下巴士,敲农夫的门 |
[03:41] | writes a check for all the damaged crops, | 开了张支票赔偿作物损失 |
[03:43] | and then borrows his pickup so he doesn’t miss the next event. | 然后借他的小卡车 才不致错过下一个活动 |
[03:46] | And it was actually fun. | 其实满好玩的 |
[03:48] | He was driving. I was shotgun, and they had the whole staff in the flatbed. | 他开车,我坐前座 所有人员坐在平板拖车上 |
[03:51] | We actually got there 10 minutes early. | 结果还提早十分钟到场 |
[03:52] | I think I should be here to help drum up votes. | 我想我应该在这里拉票 |
[03:55] | Careful, sir. It’s very hot. | 小心,很烫 |
[03:56] | Look, you and the Vice President are gonna get national coverage. | 你跟副总统要上全国新闻 |
[03:59] | That’s gonna help us with the count. | 那会帮我们拉到票数 |
[04:00] | I reached out to him. He never got back to me. | 我找过他,可是一直没回音 |
[04:02] | I don’t know if he even knows the talking points about the bill. | 我甚至不知道他是否了解 提案的劝说重点 |
[04:04] | I don’t think Jim wants to go. | 我觉得吉姆不想去 |
[04:06] | He’s doing it as a favor to the President and l, | 他只是回总统和我的人情 |
[04:08] | so it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t know the talking points. | 所以他不知道劝说重点 也没关系 |
[04:10] | People wanna see him be folksy, you know? | 大家想看到他亲民的样子 知道吗? |
[04:12] | So just humor him. Show him some degree of… | 顺着他,让他有点… |
[04:15] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[04:16] | -Are you okay? -lt was an accident. | – 没事吧? – 不是故意的 |
[04:18] | Okay, it’s time for us to go. I’m so sorry. | 我们该走了,真抱歉 |
[04:20] | It’s all right. I just need to run it under some cold water. | 没关系,用冷水冲冲就好了 |
[04:25] | I’m not going to lie. I despise children. | 不骗你,我厌恶小孩 |
[04:29] | There. I’ve said it. | 就是这样 |
[04:31] | You can’t act like that in here. | 你不能在这里胡闹 |
[04:33] | -You have to be a big boy. -I know. | – 你长大了 – 我知道 |
[04:35] | Peter, we really need to get going. | 彼得,我们真的该走了 |
[04:37] | We’ve already missed one flight because the meeting went over. | 会议超时 已经让我们错过班机了 |
[04:40] | I booked us another one at 9:25, but… | 我改订9点25分那班,可是… |
[04:42] | We have to drop the kids off at school. | 我们得先送小孩上学 |
[04:43] | It’s going to be really tight. | 时间会很赶 |
[04:44] | If we miss this plane, we have to cancel our first event. | 如果错过这班 第一个活动就要取消 |
[04:47] | Nancy, can you take them? | 南茜,你能带他们去吗? |
[04:49] | I’ve gotta get packets ready for the lunchtime subcaucuses. | 我要为次党团的午餐汇报 准备资料 |
[04:52] | Peter, I’d do it, but we have a meeting with Greenpeace in 20 minutes. | 彼得,我爱莫能助 20分钟后要和绿色和平开会 |
[04:54] | I gotta get their rating on the bill. | 要取得他们的提案评价 |
[04:56] | Where’s their school? | 学校在哪? |
[04:58] | Connecticut and Q. | 康乃狄克街和Q街 |
[04:59] | -Oh, I can take them. -You sure? | – 我可以带他们去 – 真的? |
[05:01] | Yes. It’s on the way to my office. | 我去办公室刚好顺路 |
[05:03] | This Watershed Act proves that once again | 这个分水岭法案再次证明 |
[05:05] | the anti-capitalist agenda is alive and well in the Democratic party. | 民主党内充斥着 反资本主义的态度 |
[05:10] | Let me show you what’s really going on. | 我来让大家看看真相 |
[05:12] | Here are the Democrats eating up all of their soft science, | 民主党员太注重社会科学 |
[05:16] | “organically homegrown” propaganda | 被那些环保狂热分子… |
[05:18] | that the eco-fanatics are force-feeding them. | “有机种植”的教条所洗脑 |
[05:21] | And over here, at the tail-end of all those jackasses, | 这里呢,在那些王八蛋的后面 |
[05:24] | are middle-class Americans. | 是中产阶级的美国人 |
[05:26] | People who just want to work hard | 他们只想勤奋工作 |
[05:29] | and rely on jobs in the drilling industry. | 仰赖钻井业的就业机会 |
[05:33] | And what about the hypocrisy, folks? | 各位,虚伪的是 |
[05:35] | Does Peter Russo honestly have the gall to lecture us on the purity of our rivers, | 彼得鲁索还有胆向我们说教 说我们污染河流 |
[05:40] | when he has been polluting himself with chemicals for years? | 而多年来他却一直 以药品在污染自己? |
[05:44] | He’s not just been eating grass, he’s been smoking it. | 他不只是在吃草,他在哈草 |
[05:47] | It’s the only major bill he’s sponsored in six years. | 六年来他推动过的 大型提案只有这一个 |
[05:50] | I know, but they already have national coverage. What’s the angle? | 我知道,但他们已经上全国新闻 还有什么好报导? |
[05:53] | If it doesn’t pass, | 如果提案不通过 |
[05:54] | I think he’ll lose support from the Shipbuilders’ Association. | 我想他会 失去造船工业会的支持 |
[05:56] | So they lose support. It’s not that juicy. | 失去支持又怎样 观众又不会关心 |
[05:58] | They’re a huge part of his get-out-the-vote effort in Philly. | 他们在他费城的竞选活动中 有举足轻重的地位 |
[06:01] | It sounds like inside baseball. | 听起来好像无聊的棒球内幕 |
[06:03] | Not if I get the vote count. | 若能拿到票数就不是 |
[06:04] | Black and white numbers. Nobody has that. | 准确的票数,没人拿得到 |
[06:06] | But when I called the campaign, they stone-walled me. | 可是我打电话给竞选办公室时 他们不给我消息 |
[06:09] | Same thing at the Whip’s office. | 党鞭办公室也是 |
[06:11] | Do you know anyone over there? In Underwood’s office? | 你认识那边的人吗? 法兰斯办公室? |
[06:14] | No, I don’t. | 不认识 |
[06:15] | Nobody on staff? | 幕僚也不认识? |
[06:18] | I just figured because you gave me the Russo profile. | 你既然弄得到鲁索的档案 应该很有办法 |
[06:21] | No, that didn’t come from them. | 那不是从那边来的 |
[06:22] | But Underwood organized the campaign. | 可是竞选活动是安德沃安排的 |
[06:25] | I’m sorry. I don’t know anybody there. | 抱歉,我不认识那边的人 |
[06:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:35] | Hey, it’s me. I just wanted to fill you in on something. | 是我,我想爆点内幕 |
[06:37] | I should be back home at 10:00. Meet me there. | 我应该10点会回家,在家见面 |
[06:44] | -Sarah made this one. -It’s a frog. | – 这个是莎拉做的 – 是青蛙 |
[06:46] | And I made this one. Can you guess what it is? | 这个是我做的,你猜是什么? |
[06:48] | A lobster? | 龙虾? |
[06:49] | No. It’s a scorpion. They’re for you. For the ones you gave us. | 不是,是�子,送你 因为你也送过我们 |
[06:53] | They’re beautiful. | 好漂亮 |
[06:56] | But maybe you should bring them to school, no? | 也许你应该带去学校吧? |
[06:59] | For show-and-tell? Or give them to your friends. | 上课时拿出来解说,或送给朋友? |
[07:02] | No. The other kids will just make fun of us. | 不要,其他小孩会嘲笑我们 |
[07:05] | Why? | 为什么? |
[07:06] | Everybody hates us at school. | 学校里每个人都恨我们 |
[07:09] | They say Dad’s a crackhead and that we’re crack babies. | 他们说爸是毒虫 我们是毒虫小孩 |
[07:12] | I looked up “crack baby” on the computer. I don’t look like that. | 我上网查“毒虫小孩”的图片 我才不像那样 |
[07:16] | You know, they say Dad’s gonna OD like Amy Winehouse. | 他们说爸会吸毒过量死掉 就像艾美怀斯 |
[07:21] | Well, you tell them that your dad doesn’t do that kind of thing anymore, right? | 你们告诉他们 爸爸已经不再做那种事了 |
[07:25] | Yeah, we do, but they don’t believe us. | 我们有啊,可是他们不相信 |
[07:30] | Did you try going to the teachers? | 你们有去找老师吗? |
[07:32] | We can’t do that. Everyone would just hate us even more. | 不行,大家会更恨我们 |
[07:40] | Well, you can’t worry about what other people think, right? | 你不能担心别人怎么想,对吧? |
[07:44] | I wish Dad wasn’t running for governor. | 如果爸不竞选州长就好了 |
[07:48] | -You ever been to Allentown before? -I have not. | – 你来过艾伦镇吗? – 没有 |
[07:50] | What do you think? | 感觉如何? |
[07:51] | Compared to New York, the parking is easier. | 停车比纽约容易 |
[07:54] | Finding a decent bagel, not so much. | 要找能吃的贝果却不容易 |
[07:56] | We’d make up for it with the cream cheese. | 我们的乳酪起司是他们没有的 |
[07:58] | -Shall we? -Ready when you are. | – 开始吧? – 你好了就开始 |
[08:00] | Your Watershed Bill. | 你的分水岭法案 |
[08:01] | You’ve ticked off the Republicans, oil, gas… | 你让共和党人 石油天然气产业都很不爽… |
[08:04] | Sometimes you gotta upset a few people to do the right thing. | 做正当的事 有时总会激怒一些人 |
[08:05] | Not just a few. There’s a sizable coalition that wants to see your bill fail, | 不只是一些人,有一箩筐的人 希望你的提案不通过 |
[08:10] | including environmentalists from your own party | 包括你自己党内的环保人士 |
[08:12] | -who don’t think the bill does enough. -We wanted a passable bill. | – 觉得提案做得不够 – 我们要能通过的提案 |
[08:14] | That’s why we aimed for a middle ground… | 所以我们采取折衷方案… |
[08:16] | Do you actually care about the Delaware River? | 你真的关心德拉瓦河吗? |
[08:19] | I don’t sponsor legislation I don’t care about. | 如果不关心,我不会支持立法 |
[08:20] | Until recently, you hadn’t sponsored any legislation at all. | 在此之前,你没有支持任何立法 |
[08:23] | I spent my time in Congress | 我在国会… |
[08:24] | focusing on things that were important to my constituents. | 专注于对我选区选民重要的事务 |
[08:27] | The shipyard. | 造船厂 |
[08:29] | Kept it open as long as I could. | 我已经尽量拖延关闭 |
[08:30] | Okay. That’s one thing. What are the others? | 好,那是一件事,其他的呢? |
[08:34] | I’d love to provide you a list of all the things I’ve done in Congress, | 我很愿意向你列出我在国会 所做过的所有事项 |
[08:37] | but we’ve got 15 minutes… | 不过只有15分钟… |
[08:38] | Your opponent has linked your inactivity to your fondness for single-malts. | 你的对手说你没有作为 是因为贪饮威士忌 |
[08:44] | I’ve been very open about my past, | 我对我的过去毫不隐瞒 |
[08:46] | and I’ve done everything I can to overcome it in a responsible, permanent way. | 我也尽全力 以负责任的态度完全戒酒 |
[08:52] | And I preferred vodka to scotch. You should get your facts straight. | 我喜欢伏特加,不是威士忌 你没有查清楚 |
[08:58] | Is your Watershed Act just a ploy to jump into the spotlight | 你是否只是想藉着 分水岭法案出出风头 |
[09:02] | and pad your transcript while you apply for governor school? | 好帮助你竞选州长? |
[09:05] | It’s real money. It’s real jobs. | 这个法案能提供金钱 和就业机会 |
[09:09] | And when the Delaware River is less polluted than it’s been in 50 years, | 德拉瓦河50年来 污染程度大幅降低 |
[09:13] | it’s holding up a real glass of its water and seeing how clear it is. | 杯子里的水就来自那条河 看看多清澈 |
[09:17] | That’s what my bus tour is about. | 我的巴士巡回目的就在此 |
[09:18] | -The Vice President is joining you later? -Correct. | – 副总统稍晚会加入? – 对 |
[09:21] | Why has it taken him this long to endorse you? | 他为什么等这么久 才表态支持你? |
[09:25] | He didn’t think I was worth it. | 以前他觉得我不值得支持 |
[09:28] | But then he heard I had a one-on-one with The New York Times, | 后来他听说我接受 《纽约时报》一对一专访 |
[09:31] | and, boom, he was on board. | 忽然他就同意支持了 |
[09:33] | I might print that. | 这句我也许会刊出来 |
[09:35] | The more of my words, the fewer of yours, | 我多说,你少说 |
[09:36] | the better off we’ll both be. | 这对你我都好 |
[09:37] | If I didn’t think you were such a liability to yourself, Congressman, | 议员,要不是你这人 喜欢跟自己过不去 |
[09:40] | I might even like you. | 我也许会喜欢你 |
[09:42] | Ifyour circulation was as high as The Wall Street Journal, | 若你的发行量 有《华尔街日报》那么高 |
[09:44] | I might like you back. | 我也许也会喜欢你 |
[09:45] | Hit me. Next question. | 问吧,下一个问题 |
[09:48] | I have to put up a fight, Frank. | 我得拼了,法兰 |
[09:49] | Tell them they’re wasting their money. | 告诉他们是在浪费金钱 |
[09:51] | -It’s gonna pass. -Are you sure? | – 这会通过的 – 你确定? |
[09:53] | When was the last time I got a count wrong? | 我哪次错估了选票? |
[09:55] | If you were certain, you wouldn’t be trying to neutralize us. | 如果你那么确定 就不会想尽办法要拉拢我们 |
[09:57] | Well, SanCorp has been good to me. | 善可工业对我们一直很好 |
[09:59] | I’m just trying to do you and them a favor, Remy. | 我只是想帮你 和他们一个忙,瑞米 |
[10:01] | Then why propose the legislation in the first place? | 那一开始为何要提议立法? |
[10:03] | You must’ve known they would oppose it. | 你一定知道会反对 |
[10:04] | The regulatory restrictions are minimal. | 法规只有最低限制 |
[10:06] | There’s a bigger battle here, Frank. | 有更大的仗要打,法兰 |
[10:08] | SanCorp is against any step toward regulation, | 善可工业反对任何规范提议 |
[10:10] | no matter how small. | 无论有多小 |
[10:11] | Russo’s planted his feet on the wrong side of the fence. | 鲁索选错了立场 |
[10:14] | How much are you giving his opponent? | 你要给他的对手多少? |
[10:16] | Check the FEC filings. | 去查查联邦选委会档案 |
[10:18] | How much are you actually giving? | 你实际上要给多少? |
[10:20] | It’s a $10 billion industry, Frank. There’s money to spend. | 这个行业产值高达一百亿 法兰,我们有的是钱 |
[10:23] | If the Democrats lose Pennsylvania, you know what that means. | 如果民主党在宾州失利 你知道下场如何 |
[10:27] | We don’t want you to lose leadership, but that’s up to you, not us. | 我们不希望你失去领袖地位 但要看你自己,不是我们 |
[10:29] | You don’t have the same kind of relationship with the Republicans | 你跟共和党的关系… |
[10:32] | that you have with me. | 不比我们 |
[10:35] | Then we’ll adapt. | 那我们就要适应 |
[10:40] | We both have votes to count. Good luck. | 我们都有票要数,祝你好运 |
[10:42] | You tell SanCorp they’re being foolish. | 你去告诉善可工业 他们的做法不明智 |
[10:45] | I’m not gonna do that. | 我不会说的 |
[10:46] | Well, then, you’re being foolish. | 那就是你不明智 |
[10:48] | Come on, Frank. Let’s not make this personal. | 拜托,法兰 我只是公事公办 |
[10:52] | I can’t compete with SanCorp’s war chest. | 善可工业势力强大 我无法抗衡 |
[10:54] | My only option is asymmetrical. | 我只能不按牌理出牌 |
[10:56] | To pick off the opposition one by one like a sniper in the woods. | 像树林里的狙击手一样 把对手一个个揪出来 |
[11:00] | There will come a time to put Remy in my crosshairs, | 总有一天 我会把目标对准瑞米 |
[11:03] | but not right now. | 但现在还不是时候 |
[11:05] | As we used to say in Gaffney, | 我们盖弗尼有句俗话 |
[11:07] | “Never slap a man while he’s chewing tobacco.” | “绝不打嚼烟草的人” |
[11:39] | Congressman, how are you? | 议员,你好吗? |
[11:41] | I deeply appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule… | 我非常感谢你在百忙中抽空… |
[11:43] | Hank, I need to eat. | 汉克,我饿死了 |
[11:44] | See if you can rustle up a club sandwich, extra bacon. | 能不能快送上总汇三明治 多加点培根 |
[11:58] | Fuck me. | 妈的 |
[12:04] | Thai cuisine again. | 又吃泰国菜 |
[12:06] | The green curry is for you, and the other green curry is for me. | 绿咖哩是你的 另一个绿咖哩是我的 |
[12:09] | I was actually just on my way out. | 我正要出去 |
[12:11] | I bought you dinner. You have to eat it. | 我帮你买了晚餐 你一定要吃 |
[12:12] | Or at the very least, you have to watch me eat mine. | 至少你要看我吃我的晚餐 |
[12:14] | I’m gonna be late to meet someone. | 我约了人,快迟到了 |
[12:16] | Who? Like, a date? | 谁?约会吗? |
[12:18] | A friend. | 朋友 |
[12:20] | The mysterious fuck-buddy who you get all of your stories from? | 那个常爆料给你的神秘炮友吗? |
[12:25] | Lighten up. I was just teasing. | 放轻松点,我是开玩笑的 |
[12:28] | Not that I would judge. We’ve all done it. | 反正我也不会指责你 我们都干过这种事 |
[12:32] | I used to suck, screw and jerk anything that moved just to get a story. | 以前我为了抢新闻 什么肮脏事没做过 |
[12:37] | Really? Like who? | 真的?有谁? |
[12:40] | -You want dish? -No. It’s just… | – 你想听八卦吗? – 没有,只是… |
[12:43] | The Comm Director on Ben Schroeder’s Senate race. | 班史洛德竞选参议员时的 通讯总监 |
[12:45] | A staffer in the Defense Department. | 国防部办事员 |
[12:47] | My very own White House intern. | 我自己的白宫助理 |
[12:49] | He was a real blabbermouth when he wasn’t eating me out. | 他的嘴巴很饥渴 而且很会八卦 |
[12:54] | And I even had a fling with a Congressman. | 我甚至跟一个议员有过一腿 |
[13:00] | Which one? | 哪一个? |
[13:03] | You tell me yours, and I’ll tell you mine. | 你告诉我,我就告诉你 |
[13:05] | I’ve never been with any. | 我没有做过这种事 |
[13:06] | Oh, come on. You’re hot. | 少来,你是个正妹 |
[13:08] | You’re telling me that none of them have come on to you? | 你说没有人对你示好? |
[13:11] | I haven’t really been in those circles. | 我其实还没进入那个圈子 |
[13:13] | You are now. | 你现在进入了 |
[13:14] | I guess I don’t really give off that vibe. | 我大概没有散发那种魅力 |
[13:16] | You mean the slut vibe? | 骚货的魅力? |
[13:18] | Look, I don’t do that shit anymore. | 我已经不做那种事了 |
[13:20] | ‘Cause once word got out, it was like I hit a wall, | 因为事情一传开 我就到处碰壁 |
[13:23] | and nobody took me seriously. | 没有人认真看待我 |
[13:25] | So, a piece of advice, as far as career strategies go, | 所以我劝你 以职场策略而言 |
[13:29] | it’s not worth fucking your way to the middle. | 出卖身体来获取地位 是不值得的 |
[13:32] | Chopsticks or fork? | 你用筷子还是叉子? |
[13:37] | Look, if you go, I am gonna have to eat both of these, | 如果你要走 我就把两份吃掉 |
[13:38] | and that is not cool. | 我会很不爽 |
[13:40] | No. I’ll eat with you. | 我跟你一起吃 |
[13:42] | Good. | 好 |
[13:47] | Things have gotten underway in Eastern Pennsylvania for the governor’s seat left | 副总统吉姆马修 在东宾州的州长空缺席位 |
[13:50] | vacant there by Vice President Jim Matthews. | 竞选活动已展开 |
[13:53] | After a political career that has lasted 42 years so far, | 亲民的副总统 即宾州前任州长 |
[13:56] | the genial Vice President and the former Pennsylvania Governor, | 在从政42年后 |
[13:59] | faces the most critical task of his new electoral life | 面对他在新职位上 最关键的工作 |
[14:01] | helping his home state fill the vacancy of his departure from Washington. | 就是在他前往华府之际 帮助他的家乡选出新州长 |
[14:05] | However, Matthews seems reluctant to hand over the spotlight to Peter Russo. | 然而,马修似乎不太愿意 交棒给彼得鲁索 |
[14:18] | Back home, Meechum. | 回家,米契 |
[14:19] | Sir. | 是的 |
[14:30] | Francis… | 法兰斯… |
[14:35] | How’s your hand? | 你的手还好吗? |
[14:36] | Fine. | 好 |
[14:40] | -You should change the bandage, no? -Later. | – 要不要换绷带? – 等等 |
[14:45] | -I thought you were gonna be out late. -No. | – 我以为你会晚点回来 – 没有 |
[14:50] | -You seem upset. -I’m not. | – 你好像有点生气 – 没有 |
[14:52] | -What happened? -Nothing. | – 怎么了? – 没事 |
[14:55] | Can I get more than two words out of you? | 你就不能多说两个字吗? |
[14:58] | I’m just trying to relax. | 我只想放松一下 |
[15:06] | Claire, I love you. | 克莱儿,我爱你 |
[15:09] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[15:14] | Did Zoe expect me to twiddle my thumbs until her arrival? | 难道乔伊以为我会 无所事事地等她来吗? |
[15:17] | Perhaps she’s making the mistake thinking her time is as valuable as mine. | 她大概搞错了 以为她的时间跟我的一样宝贵 |
[15:22] | Proximity to power deludes some into believing they wield it. | 有人以为自己接近权力 就表示拥有权力 |
[15:25] | I put an end to that sort of thinking before it begins. | 我会让他们还没开始 就打消这种念头 |
[15:28] | And if I’m not mistaken, the last time I was in Tannersville, | 如果没记错的话 我上次来泰纳斯维尔时 |
[15:32] | Buddy Corcharan pulled me aside and told me I was wasting my time, | 巴狄卡克伦把我拉到一旁 告诉我我在浪费时间 |
[15:35] | because the Republicans were gonna sweep Monroe County in a landslide. | 因为共和党 即将在门罗郡大获全胜 |
[15:40] | Well, Buddy had to eat his hat and both his shoes | 结果我在门罗郡大获全胜 |
[15:42] | when I won the county in a landslide. | 让巴狄跌破眼镜,还跌破皮鞋 |
[15:44] | And let me tell you, that man has big feet | 告诉你们,他的脚掌很大 |
[15:46] | and an even bigger head, so that was quite a meal. | 头更大,跌破头更惨 |
[15:53] | My daddy used to tell me a story about people | 我爸爸以前告诉我一个故事 |
[15:56] | who count their chickens before they hatched. | 说在母鸡生蛋前 不要先数鸡蛋 |
[15:59] | Although, to be fair, | 不过老实说 |
[16:00] | he probably didn’t know what he was talking about, | 他大概不知道自己在说什么 |
[16:01] | because he grew up in Pittsburgh. | 因为他是在匹兹堡长大的 |
[16:03] | And I certainly never saw a hen around my house, | 我在家附近根本没看过母鸡 |
[16:05] | unless you count my mother. | 除非把我妈算进去 |
[16:09] | -Do you want me to do something? -But, seriously, folks… | – 要不要我出面? – 可是说真的… |
[16:12] | -No. Let him talk. -…I do love this town. | – 没关系,让他说 – …我很喜欢这个镇 |
[16:14] | I don’t know if he’s ever going to introduce you. | 不知道他到底会不会介绍你 |
[16:16] | He will. Just give him time. | 给他一点时间吧 |
[16:19] | It’s been an hour. | 已经一个钟头了 |
[16:20] | We were supposed to leave for Carbondale 10 minutes ago. | 我们十分钟前就应该动身 前往卡本戴尔了 |
[16:22] | I can’t interrupt him. He’s the Vice President. | 我不能打断他,他是副总统 |
[16:24] | We’re not on the edge of Penn’s Woods. | 我们不是在宾氏树林的边缘 |
[16:30] | We need economic development flowcharts for the Watershed Bill | 我们需要分水岭法案的 经济开发流程图 |
[16:32] | sent over to Terry Womack’s office. | 送去泰利沃麦克办公室 |
[16:33] | -Hard copies, 20 of them. -I’ll do it right away. | – 打印20份出来 – 我马上去做 |
[16:37] | How’s everything going with Rachel? | 瑞秋一切都好吗? |
[16:39] | I think she’s a little down in the dumps. | 我想她心情不太好 |
[16:41] | She got a waitressing job last week, and then they let her go. | 她上周找到服务生的工作 后来被解雇了 |
[16:44] | -Why? -She wouldn’t tell me. | – 为什么? – 她不愿说 |
[16:45] | All she said was her boss was a creep. | 她只说她老板很低级 |
[16:55] | Thirty minutes ago, I received a text from Zoe. | 30分钟前,我接到乔伊的简讯 |
[16:58] | She intends to apologize, no doubt. | 显然她想要道歉 |
[17:00] | I respect that she wants to atone in person, | 她要当面赎罪,我尊重她 |
[17:02] | even though it’s taken her over 16 hours to build up the courage. | 即使花了她16小时 才鼓起勇气 |
[17:22] | Janine Skorsky is digging into Peter Russo. | 珍妮史柯斯基 在挖彼得鲁索的新闻 |
[17:25] | What in particular? | 哪方面的事? |
[17:27] | The Shipbuilder’s Association. | 造船工业会 |
[17:28] | She have an angle? | 她想报导什么? |
[17:30] | The Watershed Bill is a consolation prize for them losing their jobs. | 分水岭法案 是他们失业的安慰奖 |
[17:33] | That’s not an unfair assessment. | 这个看法不是空穴来风 |
[17:35] | She thinks if the bill fails to pass, they’ll withdraw support. | 她觉得如果提案不通过 他们就不会支持他 |
[17:38] | Not unfair speculation. | 这样想不是没有道理 |
[17:42] | Well, I know how hard you’ve been working on his campaign, | 我知道你非常努力在助选 |
[17:45] | so I wanted to give you a heads up. | 所以我先爆料给你 |
[17:48] | Well, let me know if she expands her inquiry. | 如果她继续挖别的新闻 就告诉我 |
[17:50] | Into what? | 挖什么新闻? |
[17:52] | Anything you deem worth telling. | 你觉得值得透露的新闻 |
[17:54] | Well, can I throw her a bone? | 要不要用饵来引诱她? |
[17:56] | She might be more talkative if I have information for her. | 如果我有消息给她 她也许会多说一点 |
[17:58] | -What sort of bone? -The vote count for the bill. | – 哪种饵? – 提案的票数 |
[18:01] | I don’t have a vote count yet. | 我还没拿到票数 |
[18:03] | Should have a preliminary one this afternoon. | 今天下午 初步票数结果应该会出来 |
[18:05] | You’ll let me know? | 会告诉我吗? |
[18:06] | As soon as I have something solid. | 一有确切消息就告诉你 |
[18:08] | There’s one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[18:12] | About last night… | 对于昨晚… |
[18:14] | No need to apologize. | 不用道歉 |
[18:16] | I’m sure you had a very good reason. | 我相信你有非常好的理由 |
[18:20] | I do. | 没错 |
[18:23] | I think we should end it. | 我觉得我们不该继续下去 |
[18:26] | Not professionally, the other thing. | 不是公事,我是说另一件事 |
[18:38] | Why now? | 为何选现在? |
[18:39] | We have a really good working relationship. | 我们在工作上合作愉快 |
[18:42] | I don’t wanna overcomplicate that. | 我不想把事情搞复杂 |
[18:45] | All right. | 好 |
[18:48] | -You’re okay with it? -Completely. | – 你同意? – 完全同意 |
[18:50] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[18:53] | And it won’t change things in terms of our arrangement? | 我们之间的安排还是照旧? |
[18:55] | Oh, please. I don’t punish people for making adult decisions. | 拜托,我不会因为别人 做成熟决定就惩罚他们 |
[19:03] | Thank you, Francis. | 谢谢你,法兰斯 |
[19:13] | She was never more than a faint blip on my radar. | 她不过是我雷达上 一个微弱的小点 |
[19:17] | We’ve served each other’s purpose. | 我们互相利用 |
[19:19] | If she wants to be an adult, | 如果她想要长大 |
[19:21] | Iet her see how she can fly once she leaves the nest. | 就让她看看自己离巢 还能不能飞 |
[19:37] | -Claire. Hi. -Catherine. | – 克莱儿,你好 – 凯萨琳 |
[19:42] | Thank you for fitting me in. | 谢谢你抽空见我 |
[19:43] | I can always find time for you and Frank. | 对于你和法兰 我一定抽得出空来 |
[19:49] | Well, the reason I’m here | 我来这里是因为 |
[19:51] | is the CWl has a large shipment of water filters stuck in South Sudan, | 净水创权有一大批 滤水器被扣在南苏丹 |
[19:55] | and they’ve been in storage for the past four months, | 已经存放四个月 |
[19:58] | just sitting there, and the Sudanese government… | 放在那里不能动,苏丹政府… |
[20:00] | Won’t release the shipments through customs. | 不能从海关运送出来 |
[20:01] | My deputy briefed me on the latest. | 我的代理人把近况告诉我了 |
[20:03] | Right. And I know that Francis spoke to you about this not too long ago, | 我知道法兰斯 不久前和你谈过这件事 |
[20:06] | but lately we haven’t heard much from the State Department, | 但最近国务院一直没有消息 |
[20:08] | so I was wondering if you could help. | 你能不能帮忙 |
[20:10] | We’ve done our best, Claire. I put my top people on this. | 我们尽力了,克莱儿 我找最能干的人员来处理 |
[20:12] | The Sudanese are just not responding. | 苏丹就是没有回应 |
[20:14] | Well, is there anything else we can do? | 还有别的办法吗? |
[20:16] | There’s over $200,000 worth of equipment. | 有价值20多万元的器材 |
[20:19] | I wish I could. I know how important this is to you, | 没办法,我知道这对你很重要 |
[20:21] | but we’re about to cut off diplomatic ties. | 可是我们即将中断外交关系 |
[20:23] | It’s a directive straight from the President. | 这是总统直接下的指令 |
[20:25] | We can’t ignore their human rights violations anymore. | 我们无法再对他们 侵犯人权的作为坐视不顾 |
[20:30] | What about back channels? | 私底下的管道呢? |
[20:31] | Well, once we cut ties, | 一旦中断关系 |
[20:32] | I can’t contact their government officially or unofficially. | 就无法以官方或非官方的方式 和他们的政府连络 |
[20:36] | Well, is there someone you could put me in touch with? | 能帮我牵个线吗? |
[20:38] | I’m sorry, Claire. | 很抱歉,克莱儿 |
[20:40] | My hands are tied. | 我无能为力 |
[20:41] | I would move mountains for you and Frank, but I’ve done all I can. | 为了你和法兰 我会上山下海,但我尽力了 |
[20:47] | Of course. | 当然 |
[20:49] | -Okay. Good to see you. -You too. | – 很高兴见到你 – 我也是 |
[20:53] | Congressman, you have a major bill going to the floor later this week. | 议员,你有个重大提案 本周稍晚即将进行投票 |
[20:56] | Are you optimistic it’ll pass? | 你有信心会通过吗? |
[20:57] | I’m very optimistic. | 我很乐观 |
[20:59] | The Delaware River Watershed Act | 德拉瓦河分水岭法案 |
[21:00] | not only protects large portions of the state’s freshwater resources, | 不只保护本州 大面积的淡水资源 |
[21:03] | it also creates thousands of jobs. | 也能创造数千个就业机会 |
[21:05] | I’m confident that my colleagues on the Hill… | 我有信心,其他议员… |
[21:07] | There’s only one way to create jobs. I did it during my administration. | 创造就业的方法只有一个 我在任内就做过 |
[21:11] | The answer is tax credits for small businesses. | 就是为中小企业提供减税 |
[21:13] | You’ve got to encourage self-starting entrepreneurs | 要鼓励白手起家的创业人士 |
[21:16] | to start new ventures, hire employees… | 创立新公司、雇用员工… |
[21:18] | But specifically, about the Watershed Act… | 但是特别提到分水岭法案… |
[21:20] | Small businesses, that’s the solution. Everything else is window dressing. | 答案就是中小企业 其他一切只是表面工夫 |
[21:22] | Thank you all very much. | 非常谢谢 |
[21:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:28] | Good night, Mr. Vice President. | 晚安,副总统 |
[21:35] | -Hello. -I need to talk about Matthews. | – 你好 – 我必须和马修谈谈 |
[21:38] | Yes. I’ve read the press reports. He’s not being very helpful, is he? | 我读了记者的报告 他没帮上什么忙,对吧? |
[21:41] | No, he’s doing more harm than good. | 他在帮倒忙 |
[21:43] | I want to ask him to leave. | 我要叫他走 |
[21:45] | Well, that wouldn’t make for a very good story. | 这新闻见报可就不好了 |
[21:46] | It’s better than him torpedoing the whole bus tour. | 至少不会变成由他来 主导这趟巴士巡回 |
[21:49] | Have you tried to talk to him? | 你和他谈过吗? |
[21:50] | No, I wanted to ask your advice first. | 还没,我想先听你的意见 |
[21:53] | Well, maybe there’s a way to keep him on the tour | 也许有办法 能让他留在巴士巡回中 |
[21:55] | and inspire his support. | 同时激发他的支持 |
[21:56] | We have fundamentally different views. | 我们的基本看法不同 |
[21:59] | Well, look, you’re not going to be able to change his ideology, | 你无法改变他的意识形态 |
[22:01] | but dig deeper. | 但要深入了解 |
[22:02] | Jim is a proud man. Tap into that pride. | 吉姆是个很自豪的人 要利用他自豪的态度 |
[22:06] | I just wish he was gone. | 我只希望他走 |
[22:08] | Well, you do whatever you think best. | 你自己决定吧 |
[22:09] | But whatever it is you decide, be firm and stand up for yourself. | 但是无论决定如何 要果断和坚定自己的立场 |
[22:13] | He’ll respond to that at least. | 这样至少他会有所反应 |
[22:15] | And call me back if you need anything. | 如果有什么需要,打电话给我 |
[22:22] | What was the reason he gave you? Were you messing up? | 他给你的理由是什么? 你搞砸了吗? |
[22:24] | No. The head waiter said I was doing a really good job. | 没有,领班说我做得很好 |
[22:28] | He even started letting me take my own tables on the second day. | 他还在我第二天上班 就给我自己的桌子 |
[22:31] | And the manager… What’s his name? | 经理呢…他叫什么名字? |
[22:34] | Leon. | 李昂 |
[22:36] | He propositioned you? | 他对你毛手毛脚? |
[22:39] | Called me into his office, | 他叫我去他办公室 |
[22:42] | said couldn’t afford to start taking anyone new on, | 说他雇不起新的员工 |
[22:44] | even part-time. | 兼职的也不行 |
[22:46] | Put his hand on my knee, | 他把手放我膝盖上 |
[22:48] | said he might be able to make an exception. | 说他也许能破个例 |
[22:50] | So he starts sliding his hand up my thigh. | 他开始把手往我大腿上移动 |
[22:53] | So I stood up and I tell him I should get back to work. | 我站起来告诉他 我要回去工作 |
[22:56] | He says, “Stay.” | 他说: “留下来” |
[22:58] | He unbuckled his belt. | 他把皮带解开 |
[23:01] | Did you? | 你就范了吗? |
[23:04] | No, I walked out of the office and got back to my tables. | 没有,我走出办公室 回到我的桌子 |
[23:08] | Next day, I came into work, told me to go home. | 隔天我回去上班 他叫我回家 |
[23:12] | I was fired. | 我被解雇了 |
[23:16] | Tell me the name of the restaurant. | 告诉我那家餐馆叫什么 |
[23:23] | You’re home early. | 你提早回家了 |
[23:26] | I needed a breather. I didn’t have breakfast this morning. | 我需要休息一下,早饭没吃 |
[23:28] | I might head back in a little while. | 可能一下就回去 |
[23:31] | The vote count? | 票数怎样? |
[23:35] | It’s going to come down to the wire on this one. | 鹿死谁手,要到最后才能分晓 |
[23:40] | I spoke to Catherine Durant today. | 我今天去找凯萨琳杜伦谈 |
[23:43] | She’s unable to get the shipment out of South Sudan. | 她无法让货运出南苏丹 |
[23:45] | Yeah, we’re cutting all diplomatic ties. | 我们要中断所有外交关系 |
[23:47] | Foreign Affairs is up in arms about it. | 外交部已经剑拔弩张 |
[23:49] | Yes. Which is why she can’t lift a finger, according to her. | 对,所以她说她无能为力 |
[23:53] | It’s what she said, anyway. Anyway, I need you to talk to her. | 反正她是那样说的 你必须去和她谈谈 |
[23:56] | I don’t think that would make any difference. | 我谈也没用 |
[23:58] | -I thought she owed us, Francis. -She does, but there’s limits. | – 她欠我们人情,法兰斯 – 对,但人情有限 |
[24:01] | She’s Secretary of State. She can’t break diplomatic protocol. | 她是国务卿 不能违反外交惯例 |
[24:04] | Well, can you make some calls? | 你能不能打个电话? |
[24:06] | If she can’t, I can’t. Plus I have to focus on the Watershed Bill. | 她不行,我也没辙 何况我在忙分水岭提案的事 |
[24:10] | I’m taking time out of my schedule to help you with that. | 我花自己的时间去帮你 |
[24:12] | -Because you drafted it. -Because you asked me. | – 因为是你草拟的 – 因为是你要我做的 |
[24:15] | I didn’t want to do this. | 我本来不想做的 |
[24:17] | All I’m asking is that you give me a little bit of your time in return. | 我现在只是要你反过来 花点时间来帮我 |
[24:19] | And how am I supposed to fix a problem I can’t fix? | 我就是没办法解决 你要我怎么办? |
[24:22] | What about Remy? | 瑞米呢? |
[24:24] | Glendon Hill must have contacts in South Sudan. | 葛兰顿希尔 在南苏丹一定有连络人 |
[24:27] | He’s fighting us on the vote. | 他反对这个提案 |
[24:28] | Those are two completely separate issues. | 这根本是两码子事 |
[24:31] | They are not. He does you a favor, he hangs it over me. | 才不是,他帮了你的忙 现在我得回报 |
[24:37] | So what you’re saying is my goals are secondary to yours. | 所以你是说 我的目标不及你的重要 |
[24:39] | That is not what I’m saying. | 我不是这个意思 |
[24:41] | I think you don’t want to go hat in hand to somebody who used to work for you. | 他以前是你的属下 我想你拉不下脸去求他 |
[24:45] | I will not be lectured to the moment you walk in the door! | 你别想一进门就训我! |
[24:48] | I called Catherine, as promised! | 你要我打电话给凯萨琳 我也打了! |
[24:50] | Her inability to deliver is not my problem or my fault! | 她无能为力不是我的问题 也不是我的错! |
[24:53] | I cannot control changing global landscapes! | 我无法控制全球趋势! |
[24:55] | And I will not be cornered into making promises I cannot deliver! | 你不能咄咄逼人 要我答应做不到的事! |
[25:08] | I’m sorry I yelled. | 抱歉我对你大吼 |
[25:12] | I’m under a lot of pressure. | 我受到很大的压力 |
[25:16] | You’re right, I didn’t think it through. | 你说得没错,我没想清楚 |
[25:20] | I just can’t go to Remy right now. | 我现在不能求助瑞米 |
[25:22] | He’s poaching too many of my people. | 他挖走了我太多的人 |
[25:23] | I’ve got two congressmen who will not commit. | 我有两个议员还没表态 |
[25:28] | I was hoping you might speak to them. | 我还希望你去跟他们谈谈呢 |
[25:32] | Who? | 谁? |
[25:33] | Vanderburgh and Abrams. | 文德柏和亚柏斯 |
[25:35] | What is it you want me to say to them? | 要我对他们说什么? |
[25:37] | They’re big on the environment. They don’t think the bill goes far enough. | 他们很注重环保 认为这个提案做得不够 |
[25:39] | They respect your opinion. | 他们尊重你的意见 |
[25:41] | I wanted you to walk them through the bill step-by-step. | 我要你一步步向他们 解释整个提案 |
[25:43] | Put them at ease. I need to get them in the yes column. | 让他们放心 我必须得到他们表态支持 |
[25:46] | I meet with them tomorrow. I’ll deliver the bruises. | 我明天会跟他们见面 跟他们来硬的 |
[25:48] | You meet with them later and patch them up. | 然后你再跟他们见面 动之以情 |
[25:50] | That might just do the trick. | 软硬兼施应该能奏效 |
[25:54] | Of course. | 当然 |
[26:00] | I think I broke the bowl. | 我好像把碗打破了 |
[26:05] | We have contacts there through our oil interests. | 我们透过石油股份 在那边有些连络人 |
[26:09] | I’m going to need government intervention. | 我需要政府干预 |
[26:11] | Wherever there’s a government, we know people. | 只要有政府,就有熟人 |
[26:13] | Even when there’s only the illusion of a government. | 即使只是政府的假象也行 |
[26:16] | Will you help me? | 你能帮忙吗? |
[26:18] | I’d like to. | 我是愿意 |
[26:19] | But for something like this, I’m afraid there’s a price tag. | 不过这档事恐怕代价不低 |
[26:22] | The CWl will endorse SanCorp as eco-friendly. | 净水创权会把善可工业 列为环保企业 |
[26:26] | They can use our logo on any PR or marketing materials you want. | 他们可以在任何公关文件 或行销材料上用我们的商标 |
[26:29] | We’ll need more than that. | 这还不够 |
[26:32] | They were willing to donate over $1 million for that. | 他们愿意为此捐出一百多万元 |
[26:34] | These filters are only worth $200,000. I’d say that’s a bargain. | 这些滤水器也不过值20万元 应该很划算 |
[26:36] | You turned down that offer. | 你拒绝了那个提议 |
[26:38] | Landscape has shifted since then. | 后来情况改观了 |
[26:40] | -The Watershed Bill? -That’s right. | – 分水岭提案? – 对 |
[26:43] | You want it amended? | 你希望修改它? |
[26:45] | I want you to kill it, the whole thing. | 我希望你让整个提案被否决 |
[26:49] | CWl has publicly backed the bill, Remy. | 瑞米,净水创权已经 公开支持这个提案 |
[26:52] | What you do publicly is your concern. | 你公开支持,那是你的问题 |
[26:58] | Gentlemen. Please, have a seat. | 各位请坐 |
[27:02] | So, have either of you changed your mind since we last spoke? | 自从上次谈过以后 你们有人改变主意吗? |
[27:07] | We’re still undecided, Frank. | 我们还没做决定,法兰 |
[27:09] | Leaning one way or the other? | 倾向哪一方? |
[27:11] | If Congress is going to allocate $250 million dollars, | 如果国会要拨出两亿五千万元 |
[27:13] | we want to make sure it goes towards a bill | 我们要确定这笔钱… |
[27:15] | that does more to protect the… | 能保护… |
[27:16] | We’ve been through all that. I know your concerns. | 这些都谈过了 我知道你们的顾虑 |
[27:18] | So if the protection standards don’t change, | 如果保护标准不改变 |
[27:21] | we would rather see that money spent more effectively elsewhere. | 我们宁愿见到那笔钱 更有效花在其他地方 |
[27:25] | That sounds like you’re both leaning no. | 听起来你们倾向不支持 |
[27:28] | We’ve been very clear about what we’re asking. | 我们的诉求一直很清楚 |
[27:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:38] | This is you, Abrams. | 这是你,亚柏斯 |
[27:41] | And this is you, Vanderburgh. | 这是你,文德柏 |
[27:44] | And over here | 这里呢 |
[27:54] | is the majority of the Democratic Caucus. | 是民主党党团的多数 |
[27:56] | See, you’re over there all by your lonesome. | 你们独自在那里 |
[27:59] | Now, you don’t mind being the black sheep. | 你们不介意孤军奋战 |
[28:01] | You’re the liberal wing of the liberal wing. | 你们是自由派中的自由派 |
[28:03] | Most of the time you can vote what you want, we still pass things anyway. | 平常你们怎么投票都行 反正提案会通过 |
[28:06] | But this time it does matter. | 但是这次不同 |
[28:10] | And what the two of you aren’t taking into account | 你们没有考虑到 |
[28:12] | is between this end of the desk and this end of the desk, | 在书桌这边和这边的中间 |
[28:16] | is me. | 有我 |
[28:17] | Now, I’m going to say to you what I say to every congressman | 我要跟你们说 我对所有议员说的话 |
[28:19] | that sits where you’re sitting now. | 他们也坐过这个位置 |
[28:21] | Vote your district. Vote your conscience. | 依照选区意愿投票 依照良心来投票 |
[28:24] | Don’t surprise me. | 别让我感到意外 |
[28:26] | And the most important one of those | 最重要的一点还是 |
[28:31] | is don’t surprise me. | 别让我感到意外 |
[28:34] | Now, you’re both to meet with my wife tomorrow. | 你们明天要跟我老婆见面 |
[28:37] | And you’re to hear her out. | 你们要听她把话说完 |
[28:39] | She will go through your concerns point-by-point. | 她会就你们的疑虑 逐一向你们解释 |
[28:42] | And I am certain after that | 我确信,和她谈过以后 |
[28:44] | that the two of you will make the right decision. | 你们两位会做出正确的决定 |
[28:53] | This is the part where you leave. | 你们可以走了 |
[29:01] | I have often found that bleeding hearts | 我发现,满腔热血的人 |
[29:03] | have an ironic fear of their own blood. | 反而往往害怕自己的血 |
[29:06] | One drop and they seize up. | 见到一滴就吓昏过去 |
[29:08] | But offer them a caring hand and massage them back to life | 不过,伸出援手按摩一下 把他们救醒之后 |
[29:12] | and they soon start beating to the right drum. | 他们马上就会开始 跟着你的步伐走 |
[29:16] | Hello. | 你好 |
[29:17] | I’ve just spoken to Abrams and Vanderburgh. | 我刚跟亚柏斯和文德柏谈了 |
[29:19] | Let them toss and turn tonight, | 让他们今晚辗转反侧 |
[29:21] | but they’re all yours tomorrow. | 明天就任你摆布 |
[29:24] | I’ll reach out to their offices and set a time. | 我会跟他们的办公室安排时间 |
[29:26] | Thank you, Claire. | 谢谢你,克莱儿 |
[29:28] | Of course. Whatever I can do to help. | 不谢,我尽量帮忙 |
[29:35] | Here you go, sir. Enjoy. | 先生,请慢用 |
[29:39] | Excuse me. There’s a hair on my steak. | 对不起,我的牛排里有根头发 |
[29:41] | I am so sorry, sir. Where? | 对不起,在哪里? |
[29:44] | Right there. | 就在那里 |
[29:47] | I don’t see it. | 我没看到 |
[29:48] | Are you telling me I’m blind? | 你是说我瞎了眼吗? |
[29:50] | No, sir. I’m so sorry. I’ll have the kitchen… | 不是,对不起,我去请厨房… |
[29:53] | -What’s your name? -Stephanie. | – 你叫什么名字? – 史蒂芬妮 |
[29:55] | You can leave the plate, Stephanie. I’d like to talk to the manager. | 你把盘子留下,史蒂芬妮 我想和经理谈谈 |
[29:59] | Yes, sir. I’ll go get him. | 好,我去找他 |
[30:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:12] | Good evening, sir. | 先生,晚安 |
[30:14] | Stephanie tells me there was a hair on your plate. | 史蒂芬妮说你的盘子里有头发 |
[30:18] | No. | 没有 |
[30:21] | There wasn’t any hair. Leon, right? That’s your name? | 没有头发 你叫李昂,对吧? |
[30:24] | Yes. | 对 |
[30:25] | Stephanie is a hot little number, isn’t she? | 史蒂芬妮很正,对吧? |
[30:29] | Nice ass. | 前凸后翘 |
[30:32] | Did you make her blow you before or after you hired her? | 你在雇她之前还是之后 叫她帮你吹喇叭? |
[30:37] | Sir, I’m going to have to ask you to leave. | 先生,请你离开 |
[30:39] | -Sit down, Leon. -Sir, I want you to go. | – 坐,李昂 – 先生,我要你离开 |
[30:41] | -I said sit. -Don’t make me call the police. | – 我说坐下 – 不然我就叫警察了 |
[30:43] | I’ll tell you what. | 告诉你 |
[30:44] | You call the police, I’ll call the Department of lmmigration | 你叫警察,我就叫移民局 |
[30:47] | about the four undocumented employees you have working in the kitchen. | 说你雇用四个黑工在厨房工作 |
[30:50] | A felony, Leon. | 要重罚,李昂 |
[30:53] | And I might also mention your girlfriend, her mother, and her aunt | 我可能也会提到 你的女朋友、她妈妈和她阿姨 |
[30:56] | who are also undocumented and living in an apartment you pay for. | 也都没有身分 住在你付钱的公寓里 |
[31:00] | Prison time for you, deportation for them. | 你会坐牢,她们会被躯逐出境 |
[31:04] | Not a pretty picture, is it? | 那就惨了,对吧? |
[31:16] | Let’s talk about Rachel Posner. | 我们来谈谈瑞秋珀斯纳 |
[31:20] | How close is it? | 票数多接近? |
[31:21] | I should have the last two votes I need committed today. | 我今天应该会得到最后两票 |
[31:24] | I just want to make sure no one changes their mind. | 我只想确定没有人改变主意 |
[31:26] | I’d prefer not to get embroiled in environmental issues at this time. | 这个节骨眼最好不要 牵扯到环保问题 |
[31:30] | But it’s also a jobs creation package. | 但也能创造就业机会 |
[31:33] | It’s antagonizing oil and gas. | 提案反对石油和天然气 |
[31:34] | We can’t afford that sort of battle after all the capital we spent on education. | 我们在教育投资这么多 没有本钱和他们作对 |
[31:38] | All I need is one public statement of support. | 我只希望你公开表态支持 |
[31:41] | I won’t do that. How about you take Linda tomorrow? | 我办不到 不如你明天带琳达去吧? |
[31:43] | You set her up in your offices. | 在你办公室帮她准备好 |
[31:45] | Any meetings or calls you might need to whip up votes, | 需要开会或打电话催票 |
[31:47] | you’ve got her there. | 她在那边帮你 |
[31:48] | Well, I can’t afford to spend a whole day lobbying on the Hill. | 我没空花一整天时间 在国会进行游说 |
[31:50] | Well, you’ve got deputies. | 你有代理人 |
[31:52] | Yes, I do. | 没错 |
[31:54] | Well, you’re telling me you can’t manage them from 10 blocks away? | 只差十条街 你也无法管理他们? |
[31:56] | Of course I can, sir. | 当然可以 |
[31:58] | Look, if it’s too difficult… | 如果太困难的话… |
[31:59] | No, no, no. We’ll help you out, Frank. Won’t we, Linda? | 不会的,我们会帮助你,法兰 对吧,琳达? |
[32:02] | Yes. If you’ll just excuse me, | 我先走一步 |
[32:03] | I have a few things to rearrange on my schedule. | 我要重新安排时间表 |
[32:06] | What else, Frank? Tell me what Birch is up to. | 还有什么事,法兰? 告诉我柏许在搞什么 |
[32:09] | No, I know I’ve already canceled twice. | 我知道我已经取消两次 |
[32:12] | They start next week. | 下周开始 |
[32:14] | Sweetie, I’m trying to figure this out. | 甜心,我在想办法 |
[32:16] | -Linda. -Excuse me. Yes? | – 琳达 – 什么事? |
[32:18] | I just wanted to thank you for agreeing to pitch in, | 我只想谢谢你同意帮忙 |
[32:20] | -I know you have a full plate. -Of course, Frank. | – 我知道你已经忙不过来 – 别客气,法兰 |
[32:23] | Is everything all right? It sounds like… | 一切没事吧?好像… |
[32:24] | Yes. What time do you want me to come by tomorrow? | 你要我明天什么时候来? |
[32:28] | Can we talk? | 我们能谈谈吗? |
[32:30] | Can I just call you back in one second? I will call you. Yes. | 我待会回电给你,好 |
[32:35] | Linda, I am so sorry that the President has forced you into this. | 琳达,很抱歉 让总统强迫你处理这件事 |
[32:38] | It was not my intention. | 不是我的本意 |
[32:39] | If you would like, I can talk to Congress… | 有需要的话 我可以跟国会谈… |
[32:40] | No, it’s not that. It’s a personal matter. Don’t worry. | 不是,这是私事,没关系 |
[32:44] | Well, what is it? Maybe I can help. | 什么事?也许我能帮忙 |
[32:46] | Just, my son didn’t get into Stanford. | 我儿子没有录取史丹佛大学 |
[32:48] | I was supposed to meet with the Provost tomorrow | 我明天要和教务长见面 |
[32:50] | to see if I could get him to change his mind. | 看能不能让他回心转意 |
[32:51] | I asked the President if I could go, and he said yes, | 我问总统能不能去 他原先答应了 |
[32:53] | but he must have forgotten. | 但他一定忘记了 |
[32:55] | You should go. I’m sure the President will understand. | 你应该去 总统一定会谅解的 |
[32:57] | No, no. I don’t let personal matters get in the way of my job, Frank. | 不行,我不会让私事 影响到工作,法兰 |
[32:59] | Linda, you can’t put your entire life on hold. | 琳达,你不能让生活停摆 |
[33:02] | And certainly not at the expense of your own son. | 更不能连自己的儿子都不顾 |
[33:04] | Well, it has been at the expense of my son. | 我的确没有顾到自己的儿子 |
[33:06] | It’s my fault he didn’t get in. | 他没被录取是我的错 |
[33:08] | I was on the campaign and I wasn’t there for him. | 我一直忙助选,没有空帮他 |
[33:11] | His grades suffered. His application was… | 他的成绩变差,他的申请书… |
[33:14] | I wasn’t there, Frank. | 我忽略了他,法兰 |
[33:15] | But I figured if I could just meet with the Provost face to face… | 我本来想 如果能和教务长面对面谈… |
[33:18] | Okay, look, you are going to Stanford tomorrow. | 好,你明天就去史丹佛 |
[33:21] | If you show up at my office, I won’t let you in, | 如果你出现在我的办公室 我不会让你进去 |
[33:23] | so don’t even consider it. | 所以连想都别想 |
[33:24] | Frank, the President wants me to be… | 法兰,总统要我… |
[33:26] | He doesn’t have to know. | 他不需要知道 |
[33:28] | I’m going to have one of my schedulers buy you a ticket. | 我叫我的行政助理 帮你买张机票 |
[33:30] | The bill will be fine. | 别担心提案 |
[33:32] | Frank. | 法兰 |
[33:35] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不需要这样做 |
[33:36] | We may have our disagreements, Linda, | 我们也许意见不同,琳达 |
[33:38] | but that doesn’t mean we can’t look out for each other. | 不过这不表示 我们不能互相照顾 |
[33:41] | You tell them you’re coming. | 你告诉他们你要来了 |
[33:46] | Okay. Give that a try. | 好,试试看 |
[33:48] | Test, test, test. | 试试看 |
[33:49] | All right, Zoe. This is Dave, the senior producer in New York. | 乔伊,我是大卫 纽约的资深制作人 |
[33:51] | -We’ll go live in four minutes. -Sounds good. | – 再过四分钟开始直播 – 好 |
[33:53] | The first topic will be the Congressional agenda for the fall session, | 首先要谈 国会秋季会期的议程 |
[33:56] | then we’ll move on to the midterms, | 接着谈期中议程 |
[33:57] | then we’ll wrap it up with Peter Russo’s race for governor | 最后谈彼得鲁索的 州长竞选活动 |
[33:59] | -and his Watershed Bill. -Okay, great. | – 还有他的分水岭法案 – 好 |
[34:01] | Taking you off mic until 30 out. | 把你的麦克风关掉 最后30秒再打开 |
[34:03] | Hey, Janine, I have to talk about the Watershed Bill. | 珍妮,我要谈分水岭法案 |
[34:06] | Do you have a one sheet? | 你有单张资料吗? |
[34:07] | Yeah. Hold on. | 有,等等 |
[34:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:18] | -Any word on the vote count? -Still no luck. | – 有票数的消息吗? – 还没有 |
[34:21] | I’ve called every Democrat in the House to cobble together a number, | 我连络众议院所有民主党议员 想凑出一个数字 |
[34:24] | but no one’s getting back to me. | 可是没有人回电给我 |
[34:26] | So what can I say? | 那我该说什么? |
[34:27] | That there’s a lot in flux, and it’ll be tight. | 就说两方票数接近 呈现拉锯战 |
[34:30] | Okay. Thanks. | 好,谢谢 |
[34:32] | Yeah. Sure thing. | 不谢 |
[34:46] | Hey, Francis, it’s me. Call me back. | 法兰斯,是我,请回电 |
[34:51] | Yes. | 什么事? |
[34:53] | Congressman Russo. He says it’s urgent. | 鲁索议员找,他说有急事 |
[34:56] | Fine. | 好 |
[35:00] | Good morning, sir. | 副总统早 |
[35:02] | I’d like to talk about how the tour’s going. | 我想谈谈巡回的事 |
[35:04] | Well, let’s talk on the bus. Don’t we have an event at 11:00? | 上巴士再谈 不是11点有活动吗? |
[35:06] | There won’t be any events until we talk. | 我们先谈,再安排活动 |
[35:10] | You’re hijacking the microphone. | 你抓着麦克风不放 |
[35:12] | You’re contradicting everything I say. | 你一直和我唱反调 |
[35:14] | We need to be promoting the Watershed Act. | 我们应该要推动分水岭法案 |
[35:17] | Well, I appreciate your being so forthright. | 我欣赏你直率的作风 |
[35:21] | Let me tell you what I don’t appreciate. | 但有一点我不欣赏 |
[35:23] | The DNC is running a man with zero track record, | 民主党全委会 推出你来接替我的职位 |
[35:27] | except for substance abuse, to fill my shoes. | 你毫无建树,又有酗酒前科 |
[35:29] | I realize you don’t want to be here, sir, | 我知道你不想来 |
[35:31] | but it seems like you’re deliberately trying to sabotage my campaign. | 但你好像故意要 破坏我的竞选活动 |
[35:34] | Despite my better judgment, I’m trying to save it. | 虽然我心不甘情不愿 但我还想拯救选情 |
[35:37] | I know the people of this state better than you, Peter. | 我比你更了解本州的人,彼得 |
[35:39] | They don’t want to hear about watersheds. They want to hear about jobs. | 他们不想听分水岭的事 他们想听就业的事 |
[35:41] | Well, this week, they need to hear both. | 这周,他们两者都听 |
[35:42] | Well, then, maybe I should just stand quietly beside you at the podium | 那我也许应该在讲台上 默默站在你旁边 |
[35:45] | and watch you lose. | 看你落选 |
[35:46] | -You don’t think I can win, do you? -I’m not optimistic. | – 你觉得我不会当选吧? – 我不乐观 |
[35:48] | You lost the first two times you ran for governor. | 你竞选州长时,前两次也落选 |
[35:51] | The third time, nobody thought you had a chance. | 第三次,没有人看好你 |
[35:53] | By September, you were 15 points down. You were out of money. | 到了九月,你还差15点 你用尽了资金 |
[35:57] | You had to mortgage your own house just to keep your staff on payroll. | 必须把自己的房子拿去抵押 来付员工薪水 |
[35:59] | I’m well aware of what I did. I was there. | 我的情况我自己知道 |
[36:01] | My point is you kept going. | 重点是,你勇往直前 |
[36:02] | You hit 67 counties in less than 20 days, | 在20天内走遍67个郡 |
[36:05] | and you proved everyone wrong. | 证明了大家是错的 |
[36:07] | Like it or not, it’s my name on the ticket this time, | 无论你喜不喜欢 这次选票上印的是我的名字 |
[36:09] | and I got the shot, and I’m gonna prove everyone wrong, | 我有这次机会 我会证明所有人都错了 |
[36:12] | just like you did. Including you, sir. | 就像你一样,包括你在内 |
[36:15] | I would like your support, | 我希望你支持我 |
[36:16] | but if you won’t give it, fine. | 但是如果你不愿意,也没关系 |
[36:19] | It won’t stop me. | 这阻止不了我 |
[36:25] | You think it’s easy for me to be here? | 你觉得我高兴来这里吗? |
[36:28] | I left the Governor’s mansion right in my prime. | 我做州长风头正健,却要离开 |
[36:30] | To be what? Vice President. | 来做副总统? |
[36:32] | I thought that was a step up. | 我以为我升官了 |
[36:34] | But you know what? I don’t have a fucking shred of real influence. | 结果呢?我一点实权也没有 |
[36:37] | I’m trotted around like a goddamn mascot, and this is my home state. | 我到处作秀像个吉祥物 这是我的家乡 |
[36:42] | I’m offering you influence, sir. | 我向你提供实权 |
[36:46] | I’d like your guidance and your expertise. | 我希望借重你的指导和专长 |
[36:50] | But if that’s not on the table, then, well… | 不过如果你无法提供,那么… |
[36:53] | With all due respect, Mr. Vice President, you should head back to Washington. | 恕我直言,副总统先生 你应该回华府去 |
[37:08] | Your husband was very explicit. | 你的老公说得很直 |
[37:10] | I would categorize it as a threat. | 可以说是发出恐吓 |
[37:11] | What did he say exactly? | 他究竟说了什么? |
[37:13] | Not to surprise him. | 别让他感到意外 |
[37:15] | Didn’t he also tell you to vote your district and your conscience? | 他不是也叫你们 依照选区意愿和良心来投票吗? |
[37:18] | He did, but those seemed far lower on his priority list. | 没错,不过这些对他来说 似乎远远不是重点 |
[37:23] | Well, he would never fault you | 如果你们有确切理由 |
[37:24] | ifyou had a compelling reason to do what you think is right. | 来做你们认为正确的事 他是不会责怪你们的 |
[37:27] | I’m confused. Aren’t you for this bill? | 我有点迷糊了 你不是赞成这提案的吗? |
[37:31] | CWl is publicly for it. | 净水创权是公开支持提案 |
[37:33] | Privately, I have my doubts for the same reasons you do. | 私底下 我对提案的疑虑和你们一样 |
[37:36] | I was under the impression that we were here so you could persuade us to vote yes. | 我以为你叫我们来 是要劝我们支持提案 |
[37:40] | I’m not trying to persuade you of anything. | 我没有要劝你们支持 或反对任何事 |
[37:43] | I will say this. | 我是要说 |
[37:45] | If the bill fails, it’s not the end of the world. | 如果提案没通过 也不是世界末日 |
[37:48] | We can always sponsor new legislation. | 总是可以推动新法 |
[37:50] | You know, something with stricter regulatory standards. | 例如更严格的法规标准 |
[37:53] | Just to be clear, you’re telling us you don’t mind ifwe vote against the bill? | 讲清楚一点,你是说 我们投反对票也没关系? |
[37:58] | I’m simply saying what my husband would… | 我只是说我老公所说的… |
[38:00] | That you should vote your conscience. | 你们应该凭良心来投票 |
[38:04] | How are we looking? | 情况如何? |
[38:06] | We’re short a vote. | 我们差一票 |
[38:07] | I just got off the phone with Claire. Vanderburgh and Abrams are on board. | 我刚跟克莱儿通了电话 文德柏和亚柏斯同意了 |
[38:10] | -Those are definite yeses? -Definite. | – 他们铁定会投赞成票? – 铁定 |
[38:12] | We should be good. | 应该会通过 |
[38:15] | Yes? | 喂? |
[38:16] | I’ve been trying to reach you since yesterday. | 我从昨天就一直在找你 |
[38:18] | Well, I’ve been a bit busy counting votes. | 我在忙着催票 |
[38:20] | You said you’d have a number for me. | 你说能给我一个数字 |
[38:21] | Well, you should try my press office. | 你应该跟我的新闻室连络 |
[38:23] | I did. They won’t return my calls. | 我有啊,他们不回我电话 |
[38:25] | Well, the official word is it will be close. | 官方的数字是非常接近 |
[38:28] | I’m trying to get the unofficial word. | 我要的是非官方的数字 |
[38:29] | I can’t appear to be playing favorites now, can l? | 我现在不能偏袒任一方 是不是? |
[38:33] | This isn’t because of the other day, is it? | 这不是因为那天的事吧? |
[38:35] | What other day? | 哪天? |
[38:38] | You said we’d keep our professional relationship. | 你说过我们维持公事公办 |
[38:40] | Well, this is what professional feels like. | 这就是公事公办 |
[38:48] | The Vice President of the United States, Jim Matthews! | 美国副总统,吉姆马修! |
[38:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:59] | It’s good to be back in Bristol. | 真高兴回到布里斯托 |
[39:03] | Go, warriors! | 战士加油! |
[39:07] | Now, you all know me. I’m a windbag. | 你们都知道我,我就会吹嘘 |
[39:10] | I can go on until you all fall asleep, | 我会滔滔不绝,讲到你们睡着 |
[39:13] | get eight hours of shut-eye, and wake up to find me still yapping. | 睡上八小时,醒来我还没说完 |
[39:17] | And there’s a lot I could say about this young man to my left. | 对于我左边这位年轻人 我可有得说了 |
[39:21] | The truth is, I’ve had a lot of doubts about him and his ideas, | 事实上 我曾经质疑过他和他的理念 |
[39:25] | about his past, | 他的过去 |
[39:27] | about his youth. | 他的资浅 |
[39:28] | But ifyou’ll remember, | 但是你们会记得 |
[39:30] | a lot ofyou had doubts about me the first time I ran. | 你们许多人在我首次参选 都质疑过我 |
[39:34] | And the second and the third. | 还有第二次和第三次参选 |
[39:39] | But over the last few days, | 但是在过去几天内 |
[39:41] | traveling around the state with Peter, | 跟彼得在州内各处巡回 |
[39:44] | I have to admit he’s won me over. | 我得承认他赢得了我的信任 |
[39:46] | He’s smart, he’s energetic, and most important, he’s a fighter. | 他聪明、有活力 最重要的是,他充满斗志 |
[39:51] | Now, it says “A fresh start!” on that bus over there. | 那台巴士上写着 “重新开始! “ |
[39:55] | And that’s the real truth, | 一点也不错 |
[39:57] | because this young man will give our state the fresh start it so desperately needs. | 因为这位年轻人会为本州带来 迫切需要的崭新开始 |
[40:01] | Ladies and gentlemen, the next Governor of Pennsylvania, | 各位女士先生 宾州下任州长 |
[40:04] | Peter Russo. | 彼得鲁索 |
[40:14] | Thank you, Mr. Vice President. | 谢谢你,副总统先生 |
[40:17] | How’s it going, Bristol? | 布里斯托,大家好吗? |
[40:20] | Today I’d like to talk to you about economic recovery. | 今天我要来谈谈经济复苏 |
[40:24] | Now, as many of you may be aware, | 在场许多人也许知道 |
[40:25] | mostly because my opponent | 主要因为我的竞争对手 |
[40:27] | feels the need to spend millions of dollars on TV ads about my past, | 觉得需要花几百万元 买电视广告谈论我的过去 |
[40:31] | I know a thing or two about recovery. | 对于复苏,我略知一二 |
[40:34] | I’ve learned a great deal through my personal struggles. | 我从个人的奋斗中 学到了很多 |
[40:38] | I’ve learned how to harness my strength and my resolve, | 我学到了如何驾驭 我的优点和决心 |
[40:42] | make them work for me, | 转为助力 |
[40:44] | much the way your Bristol watermills | 就像布里斯托的水车一样 |
[40:46] | harnessed the power of your beautiful Otter Creek | 驾驭了美丽的欧特溪水力 |
[40:49] | and the mighty Delaware River years ago. | 几年前也驾驭了 澎湃的德拉瓦河 |
[40:52] | Let me tell you how the Delaware River | 让我告诉大家 如何让德拉瓦河 |
[40:55] | will reinvigorate your economy for years to come! | 振兴你们未来的经济! |
[41:03] | We’re going to get the shipment out of Sudan. | 我们会把货品运出苏丹 |
[41:05] | -That’s great. -lt might take a few weeks, | – 太好了 – 可能需要几周时间 |
[41:07] | but I think you should start making arrangements for Botswana, | 但是我想你应该开始安排 |
[41:09] | where you’re gonna set up base camp and the depot. | 在波札纳设立基地和运输站 |
[41:12] | Just send me a budget as soon as you’ve got one. | 一有预算就给我 |
[41:16] | Claire, is there any way we can send someone in my place? | 克莱儿,能不能找人顶替我? |
[41:20] | I thought you wanted to be on the ground. | 我以为你要去驻地 |
[41:22] | I would, but I can’t this time. | 我是想,不过这次不行 |
[41:26] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[41:27] | I wasn’t sure how to tell you this, but I passed the 12-week mark. | 我不知道该怎么告诉你 但已经过了三个月 |
[41:34] | You’re expecting? | 你怀孕了? |
[41:36] | Gillian, that’s wonderful. | 吉莉安,这太好了 |
[41:38] | That… When did this happen? Who’s the father? | 什么时候发生的? 是谁的孩子? |
[41:41] | There was this guy I met overseas. Doctors Without Borders. | 我在海外认识 无国界医生组织的人 |
[41:44] | We had this thing. Then I left. | 我们好过一阵子 后来我离开了 |
[41:46] | But he came back to the States a few months ago, | 但是几个月前他回到美国 |
[41:49] | and that’s when it happened. | 就是那时发生的 |
[41:51] | Anyway, it didn’t end well. | 反正最后不欢而散 |
[41:53] | But I want to keep the baby. | 不过我要把孩子生下来 |
[41:54] | And does he know? | 他知道吗? |
[41:56] | He’s married. | 他已经结婚了 |
[41:59] | -I shouldn’t have. It was stupid. -You don’t have to explain. | – 我不该这样做的,我笨 – 你不用解释 |
[42:03] | I’ll need some time off at the beginning of March. | 三月初我要请假 |
[42:05] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[42:07] | And absolutely, we’ll send someone else instead. | 我们当然可以找人顶替你 |
[42:10] | I appreciate it, Claire. | 感谢你,克莱儿 |
[42:12] | Sure. | 不用谢 |
[42:20] | You said medium rare? | 你说三分熟? |
[42:23] | Just let me know if you guys need anything. | 如果需要什么请告诉我 |
[42:49] | Who would you guess texted me just now? | 你猜刚刚谁发简讯给我? |
[42:52] | I thought she’d last more than a couple days. | 我以为她能撑过两天以上 |
[42:59] | -Going somewhere? -Just for an hour or two. | – 出去? – 一两个钟头 |
[43:00] | I got one last hold-out to whip. | 还剩最后一个 我要让他就范 |
[43:44] | What’s the vote count on Russo’s bill? | 鲁索提案的票数是多少? |
[43:48] | Don’t you wanna shower first before we dirty ourselves with business? | 你不先冲个澡 再谈肮脏的事吗? |
[43:51] | I’ll shower after you leave. What’s the vote count? | 你走了我再冲澡 票数是多少? |
[43:56] | Your tone doesn’t inspire me to be very forthcoming. | 你这种语气 让我不想对你坦白 |
[44:00] | The fuck wasn’t enough? You need a special tone too? | 让你干还不够? 还需要特殊的语气? |
[44:05] | Someone washed her mouth out with acid this morning. | 有人今天早上用强酸漱口了 |
[44:09] | Whatever it is you’re grappling with, | 无论你的内心在挣扎什么 |
[44:11] | I am sincerely not interested. | 我真的没兴趣 |
[44:13] | You’re almost twice my age. | 你的年纪几乎比我大一倍 |
[44:16] | -You said that didn’t bother you. -I lied. | – 你说过你不介意 – 我是骗你的 |
[44:20] | If you had a daughter, she’d be older than me. | 如果你有女儿,她也比我大了 |
[44:22] | In 20 years, I’ll still be younger than you are now. | 20年后,我会比你现在还年轻 |
[44:25] | Well, I can’t argue with basic arithmetic. | 依照基本算术来算,没错 |
[44:27] | You don’t find that disgusting? | 你不觉得很恶心吗? |
[44:31] | I think you want me to. | 我想你要我觉得恶心 |
[44:34] | But I’ve never considered this any more or less | 但是这也不过是两个成年人 |
[44:37] | than a transaction between two consenting adults. | 你情我愿的交易罢了 |
[44:40] | If you just want the girl who will do your bidding for you, | 如果你只是要一个女孩 来为你出价 |
[44:42] | you already have that. | 你已经得到了 |
[44:44] | Why do you need to fuck me? | 为何要干我? |
[44:46] | I would remind you that it was you who initiated our affair, | 你要记得 主动要幽会的是你 |
[44:49] | and it was you who came knocking at my door last winter. | 去年冬天,来敲我门的是你 |
[44:53] | And it was me who asked that we stop what we’re doing now. | 要求结束的是我 |
[44:56] | Which I respected until you picked up a phone | 我尊重你的要求 不过你又打电话 |
[44:58] | and asked me to come over tonight. | 要我今天晚上过来 |
[45:00] | Because you wouldn’t give me what I wanted unless I did. | 因为你不给我想要的内幕 除非我先给你 |
[45:04] | So tell me, why do you need this? | 告诉我,你为什么要这样做? |
[45:07] | You don’t seem to get any pleasure out of it. | 你似乎没有从中得到乐趣 |
[45:09] | I know I certainly don’t. | 我知道我根本没有 |
[45:12] | I seem to always leave you satisfied. | 我好像总是能令你满足 |
[45:16] | How do you know I’m not faking it? | 你怎么知道我不是装的? |
[45:22] | Are you? | 你是装的吗? |
[45:23] | Doesn’t it say a lot that you can’t tell? | 你分辨不出来 这不就很清楚吗? |
[45:36] | What do you think about when I’m up against the wall? | 我趴在墙上时 你心里在想什么? |
[45:41] | A great man once said that “Everything in life is about sex… | 一个伟人曾经说过 “人生的一切都是性… |
[45:46] | “Except sex. | “除了性以外 |
[45:49] | “Sex is about power.” | “性就是权力” |
[45:52] | So you need a whore, | 你要一个婊子 |
[45:55] | which makes you a pimp. | 那你就是个皮条客 |
[45:57] | I’m not a pimp. Just a very generous john. | 我不是皮条客 只是个很慷慨的嫖客 |
[46:04] | Fine. | 好 |
[46:06] | As long as we’re clear about what this is, I can play the whore. | 只要我们各自心里都清楚 我可以扮演婊子 |
[46:11] | Now pay me. | 现在付钱 |
[46:14] | The bill will pass. We have it by two votes. | 提案会通过,我们多两票 |
[46:17] | You can pass that along to your friend, Ms. Skorsky. | 你可以把消息转给你的朋友 史柯斯基小姐 |
[46:22] | If she must say such things in order to sleep at night, so be it. | 如果她要说这种话 晚上才睡得安稳,就让她说吧 |
[46:26] | Her loyalty costs me nothing but the occasional crumb of news. | 她对我忠贞,我无须付出代价 只是偶尔爆个料 |
[46:29] | Her hatefulness takes no toll at all. | 她恨我,我根本不在乎 |
[46:32] | You don’t compensate a working girl so you can cuddle after. | 给阻街女一点好处 可不只是为了要抱抱她 |
[46:36] | Final voting… | 最后票数… |
[46:38] | A lot of small towns, some really great crowds. | 许多小镇,有些人群很好 |
[46:41] | -No buses losing their brakes. -Final call for voting. | – 不会有巴士煞车失灵 – 最后投票机会 |
[46:44] | Please, no. When do you head back? | 拜托别这样,你什么时候回去? |
[46:46] | Tomorrow. We wanna do a press conference when all the votes are in. | 明天,点票完毕后 我们就会开记者会 |
[46:48] | Members, please cast your votes now. | 各位议员,现在请投票 |
[46:50] | -Are you all right? -I’m just a little nauseous. | – 你没事吧? – 我只是有点想呕吐 |
[46:52] | It’ll pass. I’m okay. | 过一阵就好了,没事 |
[46:55] | -You said you’re due in March? -March 14th. | – 你说待产期是3月? – 3月14号 |
[46:57] | It must be so exciting. | 你一定很兴奋 |
[46:58] | How’s the morning sickness? | 晨吐严重吗? |
[47:00] | I think I’m over the hump. I have to pee all the time. | 最糟的已经过去了 我一天到晚想小便 |
[47:02] | Weird cravings. | 想吃奇怪的东西 |
[47:05] | It was good to be on the road again. | 再次参加巡回的感觉真好 |
[47:06] | Invigorating. | 充满活力 |
[47:07] | Our internals are showing a nice bump in the numbers. | 我们的内部资料显示 支持率有所提升 |
[47:09] | You made a big difference, sir. | 你帮了很大的忙 |
[47:11] | The President is grateful, and so am l. | 总统很感谢你,我也是 |
[47:13] | Well, it’s a team effort, right? | 团队合作,是吧? |
[47:15] | Excuse me. I have yet to say hello to your better half. | 失陪一下 我还没跟你老婆打招呼 |
[47:19] | -How’d it go at Stanford? -Well, I think. | – 史丹佛的事如何? – 应该不错 |
[47:22] | The Dean’s a Republican, so there was not a lot of small talk. | 系主任是共和党人 所以没有什么好聊的 |
[47:24] | But he seemed open to considering it. | 但是他似乎愿意考虑 |
[47:26] | -We’ll know more next week. -That’s terrific. | – 下周会有更多消息 – 那太好了 |
[47:28] | I appreciate your helping me out. | 感谢你帮我的忙 |
[47:29] | I didn’t do anything. Anybody could book a plane ticket. | 我没帮什么忙 任何人都能买机票 |
[47:31] | That’s not true. You covered for me. | 不是这样说 你找人代替了我 |
[47:33] | Well, we have to keep the important things in perspective, right? | 我们不能忘记重要的事 对不对? |
[47:37] | Don’t think it’s bought you any favors. | 别以为我欠你人情 |
[47:39] | Kindness isn’t kindness if you expect a reward. | 善意如果要求回报 那就不叫善意了 |
[47:42] | The man of the hour! | 风云人物! |
[47:44] | Not yet. The votes are still coming in. | 先别这样说,还在开票中 |
[47:46] | Hey, how’d you vote? I voted yes. | 你怎么投票?我投赞成票 |
[47:48] | Voting. I knew I forgot something. | 我差点忘了去投票 |
[47:50] | We got this. | 我们会通过的 |
[47:51] | There’s some sparkling grape juice there to celebrate. | 喝点葡萄果汁来庆祝吧 |
[47:54] | Thirty seconds remaining. | 剩下30秒 |
[47:56] | Thirty seconds. Looking good. | 30秒,情况不错 |
[48:01] | Come on, everyone. Let’s go. | 大家走吧 |
[48:02] | Everyone’s voting along party lines. | 大家依照党的指示投票 |
[48:06] | See? This is what happens when we all stick together. | 看吧,大家通力合作 就有这样的成果 |
[48:09] | This is an easy win for us. | 这次我们可赢得容易 |
[48:10] | Fifteen seconds. | 15秒 |
[48:15] | Vote now. | 现在投票 |
[48:16] | Ten seconds. | 十秒 |
[48:18] | Fuck. This can’t be happening. | 不可能 |
[48:20] | Members, please cast your votes now. | 各位议员,现在请投票 |
[48:26] | Voting is closed. H.R. 4913 is defeated. | 投票结束 HR4913号提案未通过 |
[48:30] | -Doug. -I thought we had it. | – 道格 – 我以为胜券在握 |
[48:33] | So this means it’s dead? | 所以这表示没通过? |
[48:35] | It’s such a shame. All of that hard work. | 真可惜,下了这么大的工夫 |
[48:39] | I wanna know who lied. | 我要知道是谁说谎 |