时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:33] | This is Russo. Please leave a message. | 我是鲁索,请留言 |
[01:35] | He’s not answering my calls. | 他不回我电话 |
[01:37] | It’s over, and he must know it. | 玩完了,他一定知道 |
[01:39] | You don’t think there’s any way he can recover? | 你不认为他能够重新振作? |
[01:43] | The Republicans will play that interview on every radio and television station | 从现在起到11月5日 共和党会在每个电台和电视台 |
[01:46] | from now until November 5th. | 播放专访 |
[01:49] | I sympathize with the kid, but this was my concern from the beginning. | 我很同情那年轻人 不过我一开始就有疑虑 |
[01:52] | And I should’ve listened to you, sir. | 长官,我应该听你的话 |
[01:54] | I thought he could handle the pressure. | 我以为他可以耐住压力 |
[01:57] | Okay. So he withdraws. We need to replace him. | 所以他退出,我们得找人替代 |
[02:01] | You have any ideas? | 有任何建议吗? |
[02:03] | With less than two months to go? | 只剩不到两个月的时间? |
[02:07] | If the President hadn’t shut me out of the early discussions, | 如果总统没有 在早先的讨论把我剔除 |
[02:09] | I could’ve come up with some good options, | 我早就想出一些不错的人选 |
[02:11] | but I don’t know anyone who’s got the name recognition and donor base | 我真不知道谁既有知名度 又有献金基础 |
[02:14] | to start a campaign from scratch just seven weeks out. | 能在七周时间内 开始准备竞选 |
[02:19] | Let me think. | 让我来想想 |
[02:22] | Everything hinges on the next few minutes. | 船到桥头自然直 |
[02:25] | All my months of planning, every move I’ve made. | 我好几个月的计划 采取的行动,都是这样来的 |
[02:32] | -There is one person. -Who? | – 有个人选 – 谁? |
[02:38] | You, Mr. Vice President. | 就是你,副总统 |
[02:41] | If you ran to reclaim your seat, I think you’d win by a landslide. | 如果你再次竞选 应该可以大胜 |
[02:45] | Resign the Vice Presidency? | 要辞去副总统一职? |
[02:47] | Only ifyou win. | 只有你赢才能如此 |
[02:49] | Walker needs me for 2016. | 沃克需要我搭档竞选2016年 |
[02:53] | Are you entirely certain he’s gonna keep you on the ticket? | 你确定他会邀你搭档? |
[02:55] | I mean, it’s no secret | 你们两个不太合 |
[02:58] | the two of you don’t exactly get along. | 这不是什么秘密 |
[03:02] | What has he said? | 他说了什么? |
[03:06] | Oh, you’re putting me in a very awkward position, Mr. Vice President. | 副总统,你让我很为难 |
[03:09] | Has he been bad-mouthing me? | 他说我坏话? |
[03:12] | Well, the exact phrase he used was “pain in the ass.” | 他说“很难搞” |
[03:22] | That fucker. | 浑蛋 |
[03:23] | He’s got no idea how to lead, no sense of respect. | 他根本不知领导为何物 不懂得尊重 |
[03:28] | -ls this his idea? -No. | – 是他的意思? – 不 |
[03:30] | -His way of getting rid of me? -No. It struck me yesterday, | – 他要摆脱我? – 我昨天才想到 |
[03:32] | and I just thought it was worth suggesting. | 觉得可以提出来建议 |
[03:34] | But, no, I haven’t discussed this with anyone. | 不过我还没和任何人讨论过 |
[03:36] | And you shouldn’t. People don’t leave the White House to become a governor. | 你是不该讨论 民众也不允许副总统变成州长 |
[03:44] | May I ask you a personal question, sir? | 长官,能否请教一个私人问题? |
[03:46] | Do you want to be the Vice President? | 你想当副总统吗? |
[03:50] | Peter said that when you were out on that campaign trail, | 彼得说你投入那场竞选时 |
[03:52] | you had so much enthusiasm and energy | 你非常热心又活力十足 |
[03:55] | that he thought you maybe missed being the Governor. | 他觉得你可能 很想念当州长的日子 |
[04:02] | I do miss it. | 我是很想念 |
[04:03] | Then why not go back? | 你何不回去? |
[04:06] | You could be the hero of this election | 你会在这场选举里成为英雄 |
[04:09] | and secure Pennsylvania for the Democrats in 2016. | 同时在2016年为民主党 在宾州保住一席 |
[04:14] | Garrett would never go along with something like this, | 就算葛瑞很讨厌我 |
[04:17] | even if he hates my guts. | 他绝不会做这样的事 |
[04:18] | It would make him look weak, like he’s lost control of the administration. | 这会让他显得很弱 像是他无法掌控管理团队 |
[04:23] | Not if it was a mutual decision. | 如果是双方的决定 就不会如此 |
[04:26] | Look, let me talk to Garrett. I won’t mention that we’ve spoken. | 我来跟葛瑞谈 我不会跟他说我们谈过 |
[04:33] | I suppose there’s no harm in finding out what he thinks. | 了解他的想法 应该不会有什么问题 |
[04:37] | Thank you, Mr. Vice President. | 副总统,谢谢 |
[04:43] | -Slogans for $400. -1976. “He’s making us proud again. “ | – 赏金四百元的标语 – 1976年“他让我们再度骄傲” |
[04:47] | -A.J. -Who is Carter? | – 艾杰 – 谁是卡特? |
[04:49] | -No. John? -Who’s Ford? | – 约翰是谁? – 谁是福特? |
[04:51] | Peter? | 彼得? |
[04:53] | Slogans for $600. | 赏金六百元的标语 |
[04:54] | Peter, are you here? | 彼得,你在吗? |
[04:56] | “Grandfather’s hat fits Ben. “ | “班足以胜任总统” |
[04:58] | -Claudia. -Who is Benjamin Harrison? | – 克劳蒂亚 – 班杰明哈里森是谁? |
[05:00] | -Yes. -Presidential Slogans for $800. | – 对 – 赏金八百元的总统竞选标语 |
[05:03] | 1900. “The full dinner pail. “ | 1900年“完美服务” |
[05:05] | On the train ride down, I almost called the police to have them break in | 我搭火车时,差点报警 要他们破门而入 |
[05:08] | and make sure you hadn’t hurt yourself. | 确定你没有自残 |
[05:11] | I’m not even gonna ask you what happened. It doesn’t matter right now. | 我不会问你发生什么事 现在这不重要 |
[05:16] | What matters right now… | 现在重要的是… |
[05:18] | -What matters… -Who is Goldwater? | – 重要的是… – 谁是戈德华特? |
[05:22] | -Claudia. -Who is Goldwater? | – 克劳蒂亚 – 谁是戈德华特? |
[05:23] | Barry Goldwater. Yes. | 巴利戈德华特 |
[05:25] | -Cuts Like a Knife for $800. -The official instrument… | – 锐利如刀,赏金八百元 – 正式方式… |
[05:28] | Oh, come on. Hey, I’m watching that. | 别这样,我正在看 |
[05:35] | What matters is the 50 reporters in front of your building | 重要的是你屋前的50名记者 |
[05:38] | and the 150 campaign staffers who don’t know if they still have a job. | 还有150名不知道自己是否 还有工作的竞选工作人员 |
[05:41] | It’s over. | 玩完了 |
[05:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:47] | So, tell them to go away. | 叫他们离开 |
[06:03] | What, are you just gonna hole yourself up in here and hope it all goes away? | 你打算躲在这里 希望事情自行落幕? |
[06:06] | Yeah, that’s pretty much the plan. | 我就是这么打算 |
[06:08] | Well, I won’t let you. | 我不允许 |
[06:10] | Hey, put that down. Hey. | 放下 |
[06:14] | -Hey, put that down! -Peter… | – 放下! – 彼得… |
[06:32] | We need to put out a statement. | 我们得发表声明 |
[06:35] | Call me when you’re prepared to do that. | 你准备好时打电话给我 |
[06:39] | I’ll be at the headquarters in Philly. | 我会在费城的总部 |
[06:47] | I was scared that I was starting to feel too much for you. | 我怕爱上你 |
[06:53] | I think, that’s why I ended it. | 所以才会结束 |
[06:56] | And you have no room for fear? | 你不允许害怕吗? |
[06:58] | No. Being afraid doesn’t accomplish anything. | 一害怕就成事不足 |
[07:01] | It’s not true. When I’m overseas, rational fear of disease or violence, | 不对,我在国外时 合理的害怕疾病或暴力 |
[07:06] | that sort of fear keeps you alive. | 这种害怕让你得以生存 |
[07:08] | Back here, God, I find myself afraid of things | 回到这里,我发现自己 |
[07:13] | that I can’t name or point to. | 不知在怕什么 |
[07:17] | It’s like, how little am I seeing? | 那就是,我有多渺小? |
[07:20] | Or have I wasted this day or this moment? | 或我浪费了今天或当下? |
[07:24] | Yeah, I think that sometimes, whether my life will add up. | 我有时会想 我的生命是否有价值 |
[07:32] | Francis would roll his eyes if he heard me talking like this. | 法兰斯要是听到这样的话 会觉得很蠢 |
[07:38] | Does he know where you are? | 他知道你在哪里吗? |
[07:42] | No, he doesn’t. | 他不知道 |
[07:54] | If he’s looking for you, that’s where you are. | 要是他找你,你应该在那里 |
[07:57] | Over there. | 在那边 |
[07:59] | Before you met Frank. | 在你遇到法兰之前 |
[08:02] | Alone. | 一个人 |
[08:03] | Curious. | 生性好奇 |
[08:05] | Absorbing everything. | 求知若渴 |
[08:08] | You have no idea what I was like when I was a girl. | 你绝对想不到我年轻时的样子 |
[08:13] | Did he ever know that side ofyou? | 他知道你的那一面吗? |
[08:18] | He wasn’t interested in that girl. | 他对于我的那一面没兴趣 |
[08:21] | And neither was l. | 我也没有 |
[08:23] | What were you interested in? | 你对什么有兴趣? |
[08:25] | Being more than an observer. | 不只是个观察者 |
[08:28] | You wanted to be seen. | 你希望被看见 |
[08:30] | Not just seen. | 不只被看见 |
[08:32] | I wanted to be significant. | 我想成为重要人物 |
[08:42] | There’s no historical precedent. | 没有惯例可循 |
[08:44] | Aaron Burr ran for governor, Calhoun for the Senate. | 艾朗布尔竞选州长 卡霍竞选参议员 |
[08:47] | Two hundred years ago. One shot a man in a duel, the other believed in slavery. | 两百年前,一个在枪战杀死人 另一个支持蓄奴 |
[08:50] | Is that really the sort of company we want to share, Frank? | 法兰,我们要跟他们一样吗? |
[08:53] | Mr. President, we stand losing control of an important swing state, | 总统,我们可能会输掉 相当有影响力的一州 |
[08:56] | our majority in the House, and quite possibly your second term in office. | 众议院多数和你的竞选连任 |
[09:00] | Preventing all of that may require unconventional measures. | 想要选赢得使出非常手段 |
[09:03] | It would look like I’m pushing him out. | 这像是要除掉他 |
[09:05] | Or worse, that he’s abandoning the administration. | 或更糟的辞职 |
[09:09] | You make a joint statement. | 你们一起发表声明 |
[09:11] | You say he won’t resign unless he wins. | 你宣布除非他选赢 否则不会辞职 |
[09:14] | If he loses, he stays on as Vice President. | 要是选输了,他仍是副总统 |
[09:16] | No one could accuse either of you of disloyalty to the other. | 没有人会责怪你们 对彼此不忠诚 |
[09:20] | -Did Jim come to you with this? -No. It’s entirely my idea. | – 吉姆跟你提这个想法? – 完全是我想的 |
[09:23] | I wouldn’t dream of speaking to the Vice President without passing it by you first. | 在跟副总统讲之前 我一定要先跟你提才行 |
[09:26] | I think he’d take it as an affront, | 我想他会认为这是种侮辱 |
[09:28] | Iike I’m trying to get rid of him. | 像是我要赶走他 |
[09:29] | Honestly, sir, I think he might be more interested than you imagine. | 老实说,我想他会有兴趣 超乎你想像 |
[09:34] | -Why is that? -Well, I hesitate to bring this up, | – 为什么? – 我不太想提 |
[09:36] | but when he was campaigning for Russo, | 不过当他为鲁索竞选时 |
[09:40] | he spoke quite freely about you, sir. | 他说了你不少事 |
[09:47] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[09:50] | Of course, I’m getting this secondhand from Peter, | 当然我是从彼得那里听来的 |
[09:51] | but the gist of it is that… | 不过重点在… |
[09:54] | That you lack entirely in leadership, | 你完全缺乏领导能力 |
[09:56] | and that you have no sense of respect. | 也不懂得尊重 |
[09:59] | And he wants more responsibility? | 他想要更多职责? |
[10:02] | And how do I give him that when he shows absolutely no discretion, no discipline? | 他欠缺思虑、不守规矩 我如何赋予他重任? |
[10:06] | Well, that is entirely my point. Now, look, I take full responsibility for backing Russo, | 这就是我的重点 我完全负起支持鲁索的责任 |
[10:10] | but there could be a silver lining in all this. | 不过事情总会有转机 |
[10:13] | You could accomplish two goals. | 你可以完成两个目标 |
[10:15] | Secure Pennsylvania for the Democrats | 为民主党保住宾州 |
[10:17] | and find an honorable way to replace Matthews. | 同时找出顾及情面的方法 换掉马修 |
[10:21] | What do you think? | 你认为呢? |
[10:24] | I think it is a very big decision, and we do not want to make it impulsively. | 这是很重大的决定 我们不想急就章 |
[10:27] | I agree. I’d like to put some more thought into it. | 同意,我想多做些考量 |
[10:30] | Well, that is very prudent, sir. Just bear in mind, | 长官,这么做很审慎 请记住 |
[10:32] | seven weeks out, that every day counts. | 只有七周,每一天都很重要 |
[10:48] | -Hi, sir. -How much is it? | – 先生 – 这个多少钱? |
[10:50] | Oh, I got your receipt right here. | 我这里有你的收据 |
[10:58] | No, no, no. It was just $40. | 不,只有40元 |
[11:01] | Yeah. Don’t tell anyone, all right? | 不要告诉别人,好吗? |
[11:05] | No. I never say anything about our tenants. | 我绝不会透露房客的事 |
[11:09] | -The press still outside? -Yeah. | – 媒体仍在外头? – 对 |
[11:11] | I told them you weren’t here, like you said. | 按照你的意思 我告诉他们你不在 |
[11:13] | Most of them left. There’s still a few, though. | 他们大部分都离开 不过还有几个没走 |
[11:16] | If I wanted to leave, is there a place I could do it without being seen? | 如果我要离开 有地方能不被看见吗? |
[11:19] | Yeah. The freight elevator down to the garage. | 有,到车库的防火电梯 |
[11:22] | -I could call you a cab or… -All right. Thanks. I’ll let you know. | – 我可以帮你叫计程车… – 谢谢,有需要我会让你知道 |
[11:25] | Mr. Russo… | 鲁索先生… |
[11:27] | Sir, it’s none of my business, | 先生,这不关我的事 |
[11:31] | but my uncle, he fell off the wagon a few times. | 不过我叔叔戒酒失败过几次 |
[11:33] | When he did, the best thing for him was just not to be alone. | 这时,他最想身边有人陪 |
[11:36] | I’ll give you this money back, I’ll take that bag offyour hands, | 我不会收你的钱 我会分担你的重担 |
[11:38] | come in here, keep you company… | 进来这里,与你作伴… |
[11:40] | I appreciate it. I’ll let you know if I change my mind. | 非常感谢,如果我改变心意 会告知你 |
[13:35] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[13:40] | Where’s Claire? | 克莱儿在哪? |
[13:42] | Not here. | 不在这里 |
[13:44] | So what is this, tying up loose ends? | 这是什么?收尾吗? |
[13:48] | I wouldn’t presume. People like you can’t be neatly tied up. | 我不乱做臆测 像你这样的人,不容易了解 |
[13:52] | But I thought perhaps we could start… | 不过我想我们可能可以… |
[14:26] | It’s very tasteful. | 很有品味 |
[15:06] | This is the dress she wore to the gala. | 她穿这件去慈善会 |
[15:09] | I believe so. | 我相信 |
[15:11] | It is. | 的确如此 |
[15:13] | I recognize it. | 我认得 |
[15:22] | Go back into the bedroom. | 回去卧室 |
[15:43] | I’m amazed how well you got her in focus. | 我很讶异 你把她拍得如此清楚 |
[15:54] | What should we call her? | 该称她什么? |
[15:57] | Why does she need a name? | 为何要名字? |
[15:59] | I never photograph anyone without knowing their name. | 我从不为无名氏拍照 |
[16:02] | You didn’t take the photograph. I did. | 你不拍这种照片,但是我拍 |
[16:07] | I think we should call her Claire. | 我们该称她为克莱儿 |
[16:13] | She doesn’t even look like me. | 她根本和我不像 |
[16:15] | Not even a younger version. Why do you keep saying that? | 也不像年轻的我 你为什么一直这样说? |
[16:17] | Not her features, her expression. | 无关她的面貌、表情 |
[16:20] | Hey, we should mount it. You can hang her in your house. | 我们应该把相片裱起来 你可以把她挂在你家 |
[16:23] | Would Francis object? | 法兰斯会反对吗? |
[16:28] | Can we please not discuss Francis? | 可以不要讨论法兰斯吗? |
[16:31] | You brought him up in the park. | 是你在公园提起他 |
[16:32] | I know I did, and I shouldn’t have. | 我知道,我不该如此 |
[16:35] | So we have to pretend he doesn’t exist? | 所以我们得假装他不存在? |
[16:46] | I thought we could talk about anything. | 我以为我们什么都可以谈 |
[16:50] | He is a presence here. You must admit that. | 他是存在的,你必须承认 |
[16:54] | When you walked through the door yesterday, | 当你昨天走进门时 |
[16:56] | he walked right in with you. | 他马上跟着你走进来 |
[16:59] | It’s just me, nobody else. | 只有我,没有别人 |
[17:02] | You keep telling yourself that, it might come true. | 你一直这样告诉自己 可能会成真 |
[17:10] | How do you think she’d feel if she knew I was wearing this? | 如果她知道我穿这件 会怎么想? |
[17:14] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[17:18] | You don’t think she’d be upset? | 你觉得她会不高兴吗? |
[17:21] | She’d probably say you look very beautiful in it. | 她可能会说你穿很漂亮 |
[17:26] | It’s like steel. | 硬梆梆的 |
[17:30] | You should put it back. | 你应该放回去 |
[17:37] | I think I’ll keep it. | 我要留着 |
[17:40] | I’ll buy you one ofyour own, ifyou’d like. | 你要的话,我会买一件给你 |
[17:42] | No. I want this one. | 不,我要这件 |
[17:45] | She came into my bedroom. She should know I came into hers. | 她去过我的卧房 应该知道我来过她的卧房 |
[17:55] | Is your bed always so perfectly made? | 你的床铺向来都这么整齐吗? |
[17:58] | It’s a habit I formed at military school. | 这是我念军校时养成的习惯 |
[18:01] | What side of the bed does she sleep on? | 她睡哪一边? |
[18:06] | That side. | 那边 |
[18:27] | She can keep it. | 她可以留着 |
[18:30] | Fits her better anyway. | 更适合她 |
[19:16] | Listen, Zoe… | 听好,乔伊… |
[19:20] | Whatever just happened upstairs, whatever these past six months have been, | 不管楼上发生什么事 或是过去六个月的情形 |
[19:24] | can we agree that it is time to simplify? | 我们能把事情单纯化吗? |
[19:28] | What does simple look like? | 单纯化会是什么样子? |
[19:31] | We maintain our professional arrangement, | 我们保持专业的安排 |
[19:34] | as you suggested, which I will honor. | 如你建议,我会照办 |
[19:38] | You still trust me? | 你仍信任我? |
[19:42] | What choice do I have? | 我还有其他选择吗? |
[19:44] | You didn’t hurt me or discard me like you said you would. | 你没有像你说的伤害我 或弃我不顾 |
[19:54] | I’m glad I didn’t have to. | 很高兴我不必如此 |
[19:59] | Yes, we’ll agree to simplify. | 我们都同意要单纯化 |
[20:03] | Good. | 好 |
[20:26] | Sorry I’m a few minutes late, Frank. | 法兰,抱歉我来晚几分钟 |
[20:34] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[20:40] | I have a pretty good idea why you asked for this meeting. | 我很清楚 你要求这次见面的原因 |
[20:43] | Have you and the President had a chance to speak? | 你和总统谈过了吗? |
[20:45] | We have. | 谈过了 |
[20:46] | -ls he leaning one way or another? -He’s torn. | – 他有偏向哪一方吗? – 他难以抉择 |
[20:51] | -And what about you? -I’m a little less torn. | – 你呢? – 比他好一点 |
[20:53] | My instincts tell me it’s a mistake. | 我的直觉告诉我,这样不对 |
[20:56] | You want to convince me otherwise? | 你想说服我换个方式? |
[20:58] | Well, look, if your instincts tell you this is not the way to go, I’m not about to… | 如果你的直觉认为 这样行不通,我不打算… |
[21:02] | Frank, I’m gonna ask you two very direct questions, | 法兰,我要问你 两个很直接的问题 |
[21:04] | and I would appreciate direct answers. | 也希望得到坦白的回答 |
[21:06] | When you got my son into college, | 当你让我儿子进大学 |
[21:09] | were you anticipating a moment like this? | 有预期这样的时刻吗? |
[21:13] | I don’t follow. | 不懂 |
[21:16] | Honestly, Frank? | 法兰,请老实说? |
[21:18] | Was I antici… | 我有预期… |
[21:21] | I would be happy to answer you directly if I knew what you were asking. | 如果能了解你在问什么 我很乐于据实以告 |
[21:23] | All right. I will ask you my second question. | 我问你第二个问题 |
[21:28] | Do you want the Vice Presidency for yourself? | 你想当副总统吗? |
[21:33] | I would serve at the pleasure of the President. If that was his… | 这得看总统的意愿,他是否… |
[21:35] | You proposed this idea so that you can take Matthews’ place. | 你提出这个建议 好让自己取代马修 |
[21:38] | -I did not say that. -But it is what you want. | – 我没那样说 – 但是你想要的 |
[21:41] | -What I want is in the… -The President makes you VP, | – 我要的是… – 总统让你当副手 |
[21:44] | he keeps you on the ticket in 2016, | 他让你一起在2016年竞选 |
[21:46] | and you use that as a springboard to run in 2020. | 你以此当作 2020年的竞选跳板 |
[21:48] | Tell me that trajectory has never entered your mind. | 告诉我 你心中不曾想过这种途径 |
[21:53] | Well, Linda, I make a habit of | 琳达,我习惯 |
[21:55] | considering all trajectories in any given situation. | 从任何假设情境 设想所有途径 |
[21:57] | But that’s a practical exercise, not a personal one. | 但那是务实的做法 不是私人的做法 |
[22:02] | So you refuse to admit it. | 所以你拒绝承认 |
[22:03] | Admit it’s what I want? That’s irrelevant. | 承认那是我要的? 这根本不相干 |
[22:05] | You’re the one who asked for this meeting, not me. | 是你要求开这场会议,不是我 |
[22:07] | This meeting’s about trying to solve a problem, | 这场会议是想要解决问题 |
[22:09] | not fulfill some personal ambition. | 而不是满足某种个人野心 |
[22:11] | But if both could be achieved, you wouldn’t object. | 要是两者都能达成 你也不会拒绝 |
[22:16] | I think this is a sound course of action | 不管总统要谁去取代马修 |
[22:18] | regardless ofwho the President taps to replace Matthews. | 我想这是很安全的行动路线 |
[22:24] | I must gamble everything I have right now. | 我必须赌下目前拥有的一切 |
[22:27] | If I’m honest, she may use it against me. | 我若老实说 她会拿来对付我 |
[22:28] | If I’m not, she won’t lift a finger. | 如我不老实说 她不会采取行动 |
[22:31] | I’ve used this same tactic myself. | 我自己也用这样的策略 |
[22:34] | Once someone is exposed, they’re at your mercy. | 人一旦被摊在阳光下 就会任人宰割 |
[22:39] | She wants to hear me say the words. | 她要我这样说 |
[22:46] | Yes. | 对 |
[22:49] | I want to be the Vice President. | 我想当副总统 |
[22:54] | And, yes, I helped your son get into college in the hopes that you would return the favor. | 我帮助你儿子进大学 希望你能有所回馈 |
[22:59] | But I can’t force you to do so, Linda. | 然而我不能逼你这么做 |
[23:09] | But I also think that we would make a formidable team. | 但我认为我们 能组成令人畏惧的团队 |
[23:13] | Look what we’ve been able to accomplish | 看看我们的成绩 |
[23:15] | even when we’ve been at odds with each other. | 就算处境艰困也有一番作为 |
[23:17] | Now put your mind to what we could accomplish if we weren’t. | 想想如果我们不合作 能完成什么 |
[23:24] | Thank you for taking the time, Linda. | 琳达,谢谢你的时间 |
[23:34] | I’ll call you back. How’d it go? | 我再打给你,事情如何? |
[23:36] | She’s holding her cards very close to the chest. | 她不动声色 |
[23:39] | -Any word from Peter? -Nothing. | – 有彼得的消息吗? – 没有 |
[23:41] | Christina said he wouldn’t leave the apartment. | 克里丝汀娜说他躲在公寓 |
[23:43] | But I called the doorman, and he said that Peter was gone. | 我打给警卫室 他说彼得已经离开了 |
[23:45] | -Where? -He doesn’t know. | – 去哪里? – 他不知道 |
[23:46] | He needs to officially withdraw to put pressure on Walker. | 他必须正式退出 才能对沃克施压 |
[23:49] | I’m trying to track him down. | 我正试着找到他 |
[23:50] | Why’d you let him out of your sight in the first place? | 你怎么一开始让他跑了? |
[23:52] | I thought he was showering. He disappeared when I was on the phone with you. | 我以为他在冲澡 他趁我和你讲电话时溜掉 |
[23:55] | There was a plan here, Doug. He explodes, he withdraws, | 道格,计划原本是 他竞选失利,然后退出 |
[23:58] | we put him back together, and he quietly goes away. | 我们让他再试一次 他悄悄引退 |
[24:02] | Russo has made no public appearances since allegations that he was inebriated | 自从媒体指控鲁索 昨天早上接受匹兹堡 |
[24:06] | during a radio interview on WZPZ Pittsburgh yesterday morning. | WZPZ电台专访时酒醉 他就神隐起来 |
[24:10] | Sources among the Democratic leadership have suggested | 民主党领导群有些人建议 |
[24:13] | that the party is currently considering options to replace Russo. | 政党目前考虑找人取代鲁索 |
[24:16] | Meanwhile, Republican candidate Jack Swofford’s lead | 同时共和党候选人 杰克史沃佛特的领先支持度 |
[24:19] | has jumped to a 24-point margin, | 根据CNN当夜选民民意调查 |
[24:21] | according to an overnight CNN poll of registered voters. | 已经跃升到24个百分点 |
[24:24] | The Swofford campaign is also reporting a sharp spike in contributions. | 史沃佛特的竞选团队 也提供一则劲爆消息 |
[24:28] | Nearly $500, 000 in the last 20… | 将近50万元在过去20… |
[24:36] | I saw that this morning. | 我今早看到这个 |
[24:39] | Francis got Peter to run. | 法兰斯力推彼得竞选 |
[24:44] | Do you know him well? | 你和他很熟吗? |
[24:45] | We weren’t close. | 不熟 |
[24:57] | Do you need to make calls? ‘Cause I can head into the other room. | 你需要打电话吗? 我可以到其他房间 |
[24:59] | I don’t think so. Thanks. | 不必了,谢谢 |
[25:22] | Where are you going? | 去哪里? |
[25:23] | To the lab. I should’ve gone in today. | 到摄影棚,我今天应该去那里 |
[25:27] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[25:30] | -Adam… -Just go. Go. Leave. | – 亚当… – 去吧,快去 |
[25:32] | How long do you think this can possibly go on for? | 你觉得这可以维持多久? |
[25:34] | We have never spent more than 48 hours together. | 我们不曾相处超过48小时 |
[25:36] | Maybe there’s a reason for that. | 也许有理由这样做 |
[25:40] | A part of me still loves you. | 我有部分仍爱着你 |
[25:42] | Which part? | 哪部分? |
[25:48] | I can’t be just a pit stop, Claire, | 克莱儿,我不能当急救站 |
[25:52] | -or some sort of escape… -Oh, come on. You’re more than that. | – 或像是逃避… – 别说了,你不只这样 |
[25:54] | Or a top-up on whatever Francis can’t provide. | 或是弥补法兰斯不足之处 |
[25:56] | Oh, fuck off! He’s my husband, Adam. | 闭嘴!亚当,他是我老公 |
[25:59] | We’ve gone through more than you could ever imagine. | 我们经历的事 远比你能想像的还多 |
[26:02] | I envy your free spirit, and I’m attracted to it, but not all of us have that luxury. | 我忌妒你的自由精神 深受吸引,不是人人都能这样 |
[26:06] | Which is what I find so frustrating about you, Claire. | 克莱儿,所以我对你 才会这么绝望 |
[26:09] | You had a choice. | 你做了选择 |
[26:12] | You chose not to be free. | 选择不自由 |
[26:14] | No. What I chose was a man I could love for more than a week. | 我选择的是能让我 爱超过一周的男人 |
[26:22] | I shouldn’t have said that. I… | 我不该那么说,我… |
[26:25] | At least you’re being honest. | 至少你很诚实 |
[26:28] | I can’t live moment to moment like you, Adam. | 亚当,我无法像你一样 只活在当下 |
[26:32] | I have a history with Francis, I have a future with him, | 我过去和法兰斯在一起 也会和他共创未来 |
[26:36] | and it’s bigger than a moment. | 这比当下更长远 |
[26:40] | Then you should kill it. | 那么你该扼杀爱意 |
[26:42] | Whatever part of you still loves me. | 不管你的哪一部分仍爱我 |
[26:47] | If you can’t, | 如果你做不到 |
[26:50] | I will. | 就由我来 |
[26:55] | -Adam… -No. | – 亚当… – 别说了 |
[27:24] | -Hello? -Hey. Hey, sweetie. | – 哪位? – 甜心 |
[27:30] | How’s it going? Are you with your mom? | 你好吗?妈妈也在吗? |
[27:33] | She’s downstairs. You want me to go get her? | 她在楼下,要找她吗? |
[27:35] | No. No. I just wanted to call and say, | 不用,我只是打来 |
[27:42] | you know, hey to your brother and you. | 问你和弟弟好不好 |
[27:45] | Is he there? | 他在吗? |
[27:46] | He’s in his room, I think. | 我想他在他的房间里 |
[27:50] | Okay. You want to go get him? | 去叫他听电话 |
[27:52] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[28:06] | He says he doesn’t want to talk to you. | 他说不想和你说话 |
[28:11] | -Why not? -We’ve seen the news, Dad. | – 为什么? – 爸,我们看了新闻 |
[28:15] | There were all sorts of TV cameras at our school yesterday. | 昨天学校来了一大堆电视记者 |
[28:19] | Mom’s making us stay home this week. | 妈要我们这周待在家里 |
[28:27] | I want you to do something. I want you to go to | 我要你做件事,我要你 |
[28:30] | your bedroom window and look out. | 到卧室的窗户往外看 |
[28:35] | You see that black car? | 有看到黑色的车吗? |
[28:38] | -Yeah. -That’s me. | – 有 – 那是我 |
[28:40] | You shouldn’t be here, Dad. Mom would be really angry. | 爸,你不该在那里 妈会很生气 |
[28:44] | Well, we don’t need to tell her. Right? | 我们不需要告诉她,对吧? |
[28:49] | It’ll just be… It’ll just be… | 这只是…只是… |
[28:52] | It’ll just be our little secret. | 只是我们的小秘密 |
[28:55] | Your voice sounds weird, like it did on the radio. | 你的声音听起来好奇怪 像是在电台 |
[29:02] | You heard that? | 你听到了? |
[29:04] | I have a computer. | 我有电脑 |
[29:09] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:14] | Sometimes your dad makes mistakes. | 有时你老爸会犯错 |
[29:17] | -I better go. -No. | – 我得走了 – 不要 |
[29:19] | I don’t like to hear your voice when it’s like this. | 我不想听你这样的声音 |
[29:21] | It makes me sad. Bye, Dad. | 那声音令我不好受,再见,爸 |
[29:24] | Sarah, please… | 莎拉,拜托… |
[29:52] | Peter? | 彼得? |
[29:54] | Christina. | 克里丝汀娜 |
[29:56] | Where are you? | 你在哪里? |
[29:57] | I’m… | 我在… |
[30:02] | I’m not doing so well. | 我不太好 |
[30:05] | Where are you, Peter? | 彼得,你在哪里? |
[30:10] | -I’m in my car. -Are you driving? | – 我在车子里 – 在开车吗? |
[30:13] | No. | 没有 |
[30:15] | Tell me where you are. | 告诉我你在哪里 |
[30:18] | I’m outside my kids’ house. | 在孩子的家外面 |
[30:20] | -You mean Madeleine’s? -Yeah. | – 麦德琳家? – 对 |
[30:22] | I need you to stay right there. Okay, Peter? | 彼得,你待在哪里,好吗? |
[30:26] | You’ll stay there? | 你会待在那里吗? |
[30:30] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[30:32] | Peter, are you still there? | 彼得,你还在吗? |
[30:34] | Hello? | 喂? |
[30:37] | Hello? | 喂? |
[31:09] | I’d like to turn myself in. | 我想自首 |
[31:11] | For what? | 为什么? |
[31:14] | A few months ago, | 几个月前 |
[31:16] | I was pulled over for drunk driving. | 我因酒驾被警察拦检 |
[31:20] | They let me go. I should’ve been convicted. | 他们让我离开,我应该有罪 |
[31:22] | Well, if you were let go, sir, we can’t arrest you for it now. | 先生,如果警察让你走 我们现在不能逮捕你 |
[31:30] | Well, I drunk drove here. Arrest me for that. | 我酒驾来这里 以这个罪名逮捕我 |
[31:34] | We can put you in a detox tank… | 我们能送你到戒酒… |
[31:36] | I want to be formally arrested. | 我要正式逮捕 |
[31:40] | My name is Congressman Peter Russo. | 我是议员彼得鲁索 |
[31:44] | I was arrested in January on Michigan Avenue. | 我一月在密西根大道被捕 |
[31:52] | Please have a seat, Congressman. | 议员,请坐 |
[31:58] | I gotta make a few phone calls. | 我得打几通电话 |
[33:02] | -Have you found him? -I’m in front of his ex-wife’s house. | – 你找到他了吗? – 我在他前妻的家门前 |
[33:05] | But Christina said he called from there. | 克里丝汀娜说 他从那里打电话 |
[33:06] | -He’s not there? -No. | – 他不在哪里? – 不在 |
[33:09] | But his phone is. I found it by the curb. | 不过我在路边发现他的电话 |
[33:12] | So we have no way to contact him? | 我们没办法和他连络? |
[33:14] | Not unless he reaches out to us. | 除非他要找我们 |
[33:16] | -This isn’t good. -Want me to alert the authorities? | – 这可不妙 – 要我报警吗? |
[33:19] | Let’s give him a little longer. | 再给他一点时间 |
[33:22] | -How long did it last? -About six months. | – 要多久? – 大概六个月 |
[33:26] | -He was older. -A lot? | – 他比较年长 – 大很多岁? |
[33:30] | Yeah. | 对 |
[33:32] | Was he a journalist, or did he work on the Hill? | 他是记者,还是在白宫工作? |
[33:38] | I’d rather not say. | 我不方便说 |
[33:41] | All right. | 好吧 |
[33:45] | He was someone I looked up to for a while. | 我曾经很爱慕他 |
[33:50] | Why did it end? | 为什么分手? |
[33:54] | He has a wife. | 他有老婆 |
[33:57] | We both knew it was going to end eventually. | 我们知道迟早要结束 |
[34:00] | I mean, it was really… | 这真的… |
[34:03] | It was fucked up. | 一团糟 |
[34:06] | The first night we spent together, | 我们第一次一起过夜时 |
[34:08] | he told me he was gonna hurt me and then discard me. | 他说他会伤害我,然后抛弃我 |
[34:11] | And when it ended, I told him that he’d done neither. | 当关系结束时 我说这两件事都没发生 |
[34:15] | But it does hurt. | 但是的确很伤 |
[34:19] | I won’t hurt you. | 我不会伤害你 |
[34:21] | Yeah, you can’t promise me that. | 你不能对我许这种诺言 |
[34:23] | Yes, I can. | 我可以 |
[34:30] | -Has anyone else seen him? -No. | – 有谁看到他吗? – 没有 |
[34:33] | He’s in an interrogation room by himself. | 他独自在侦讯室里 |
[34:38] | I never should’ve got mixed up in this fucking mess. | 我真不该�浑水 |
[34:42] | We’re way behind regret time, Barney. | 邦尼,我们没时间后悔 |
[34:45] | Just have your guys keep him out of sight. | 吩咐你的手下掩护他 |
[34:48] | I’ll need a back exit. | 我需要后门 |
[35:16] | -I got him. Thanks. -Yeah. | – 找到他了,谢谢 – 好 |
[35:18] | Come on. | 来 |
[35:30] | Hey, Peter. | 彼得 |
[35:33] | Where’s your car? | 你的车呢? |
[35:39] | It’s down the street. | 在街上 |
[35:40] | I’ll drive you home. You go back to mine, have Meechum let you in. | 我送你回家,你到我家 叫米契让你进去 |
[35:44] | -This way? -Yeah. | – 从这里? – 对 |
[35:51] | What were you thinking, Peter? | 彼得,你到底在想什么? |
[35:55] | I need to take responsibility for my actions. | 我需要为我的行动负责 |
[35:58] | By getting yourself thrown in jail? | 让自己入狱? |
[36:00] | Real responsibility. | 真正的责任 |
[36:03] | Like they talk about in the meetings, | 像他们在会议中说的实话 |
[36:06] | not the lies we told for the campaign. | 而不是我们为竞选说的谎言 |
[36:08] | What you just did was extremely reckless. | 你刚刚的行为完全不顾后果 |
[36:10] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[36:15] | I’m making a statement tomorrow, Frank. | 法兰,我明天要发表谈话 |
[36:19] | About pulling out of the race? | 关于退选? |
[36:22] | That’s not enough. I… | 这样还不够… |
[36:27] | I need to stop hiding. | 我不要再躲藏 |
[36:33] | Well, let’s work together on the language. | 我们来一起想台词 |
[36:35] | I have to do it on my own. It’s gotta be in my own words. | 我得自己想,说出自己的话 |
[36:38] | Look, Peter, this isn’t just about you anymore, all right? | 彼得,这不再是 你一个人的事了吧? |
[36:41] | -Let me help you. -I don’t want your help. | – 让我帮你 – 我不要你帮 |
[36:47] | I didn’t ever ask your help when I got arrested. | 当我被逮捕时 也不曾要求你帮我 |
[36:50] | When has your help ever helped me? | 你的帮忙什么时候帮过我? |
[36:54] | You can live your life the way you want to. | 你可以照你想要的方式过生活 |
[36:57] | I’m done being told how to live mine. | 我不想再受人摆布 |
[37:02] | Well, there has to be a way to take responsibility | 一定有可以不需要毁了一切 |
[37:04] | without shattering everything. | 才能负责任的方法 |
[37:11] | Are you at least willing to have that discussion? | 你愿意至少讨论一下吗? |
[37:41] | -Do you want me to come upstairs? -No. | – 要我上楼吗? – 不要 |
[38:06] | I know you’re in a lot of pain, Peter. | 彼得,我知道你很痛苦 |
[38:12] | But I don’t want you to feel any pain tonight. | 但是我不希望你今晚感到痛苦 |
[38:14] | Here. You can start fresh tomorrow. | 你可以有个崭新的明天 |
[38:17] | Go ahead. I won’t judge you. Hell, I’ll even join you. | 说吧,我不会批判你 我甚至和你同一阵线 |
[38:25] | Just relax. | 放松 |
[38:29] | You’re home now. | 现在到家了 |
[38:38] | Whatever it is you have to face tomorrow, | 不管你明天要面对什么 |
[38:40] | you don’t have to face it now. | 现在都不必面对 |
[38:44] | Right now, it’s just you and me. | 现在只有你和我 |
[38:51] | The rest of the world doesn’t matter. | 其余的都不重要 |
[38:56] | Your children, Christina, | 你的孩子、克里丝汀娜 |
[38:59] | they will forgive you, | 他们会原谅你 |
[39:01] | because you’re loved, Peter. | 因为他们爱你,彼得 |
[39:05] | Failed. | 毁了 |
[39:10] | I failed myself. | 我毁了自己 |
[39:12] | I failed my family. | 毁了我的家庭 |
[39:16] | I failed the campaign. | 毁了竞选 |
[39:21] | No, you haven’t, Peter. | 彼得,没那么糟 |
[39:26] | May l? | 我可以喝吗? |
[39:44] | You know, when Claire and I were first married, | 我和克莱儿结婚时 |
[39:46] | we talked about having children. | 我们就谈到生小孩的事 |
[39:49] | I told her flat out I didn’t want any. | 我很坦白地说 我不要任何小孩 |
[39:52] | It was selfish but honest. | 虽然很自私却很诚实 |
[39:56] | I didn’t have a particularly happy childhood. | 我的童年不快乐 |
[39:59] | I suspect you didn’t either. | 我想你的童年也不快乐 |
[40:01] | No. | 是不快乐 |
[40:02] | You see, no person avoids pain. | 看吧,人都会有痛苦 |
[40:05] | And I just didn’t think it was right to bring a child in knowing that. | 既然知道童年不快乐 就不需要让孩子受苦 |
[40:12] | But now when I think back, l… | 现在回想起来,我… |
[40:15] | I realize that was cowardly. | 明白那是懦弱 |
[40:21] | I see you, | 我看到你 |
[40:23] | and I think, well, there’s a brave man, far braver than me. | 想着,这是个勇敢的男人 比我勇敢多了 |
[40:28] | I’m so tired. | 我好害怕 |
[40:32] | When I think about… | 当我想到… |
[40:37] | I’m so tired. | 我好累 |
[40:43] | You should close your eyes. | 你应该闭上眼睛 |
[40:49] | Let it all go. | 让事情过去 |
[40:55] | We have all the time in the world. | 我们有时间 |
[41:03] | Peter? | 彼得? |
[41:13] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[43:32] | I walked back. | 我走回来 |
[43:49] | Whatever happens in the next few hours, | 不管接下几小时发生什么 |
[43:52] | whatever you hear, | 不管你听到什么 |
[43:55] | we will never speak of it. | 我们都不谈论 |
[44:33] | Sir… | 议员… |
[44:37] | I heard from Linda about a half an hour ago. | 大概一个半钟头前 琳达告诉我 |
[44:40] | The President wants to meet with you. | 总统要和你会面 |
[44:42] | 8:30. | 8点30分 |
[44:46] | About what? | 什么事? |
[44:48] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[45:00] | Frank. | 法兰 |
[45:11] | You know, when you brought up this idea, I wasn’t sold. | 当你提出这个想法时 我并不认同 |
[45:14] | It struck me as both desperate and careless. | 那让我感到绝望和草率 |
[45:18] | But then Linda laid out all the pros, | 但是琳达提出所有有利的一面 |
[45:21] | and they clearly outweigh the cons. | 他们也小心评估不利的一面 |
[45:24] | I explained our reasoning to Jim and hoped he wouldn’t think I was off my rocker. | 我向吉姆解释原因 希望他不会以为我疯了 |
[45:28] | I did at first, but the President made some very good arguments. | 我一开始是这么认为 不过总统提出很棒的论政 |
[45:33] | It’s a bold move, Frank. I’m very impressed. | 法兰,这是很大胆的一步 很高明 |
[45:35] | Well, thank you, sir, for being open to the idea. | 长官,谢谢你这么愿意接纳建言 |
[45:37] | And thank you, Mr. President, for taking the risk. | 也谢谢总统先生愿意冒风险 |
[45:40] | We’ll need to work this out step-by-step. | 我们需要按部就班来实行 |
[45:42] | -The execution has to be perfect. -Where are things with Russo? | – 必须完美执行 – 鲁索呢? |
[45:45] | -Any word from him yet? -We’re still trying to locate him. | – 有他的消息吗? – 我们仍试图在找他 |
[45:47] | -Well, is there any cause for worry? -It’s been two days. | – 有需要担心的地方吗? – 已经两天了 |
[45:49] | I am a bit worried, I have to admit. | 我得承认我有点担心 |
[45:51] | I mean, this must be an extremely difficult moment for him. | 他这时候一定很难熬 |
[45:53] | We’re hoping he’ll reach out shortly. | 希望能快点找到他 |
[45:55] | Let’s get our people on it. I want to know where he is. | 我们派人找他 我要知道他人在哪里 |
[45:58] | Now, once he withdraws, we have to move quickly. | 现在只要他一退选 我们就得赶快行动 |
[46:00] | We’ll make a joint statement, as you proposed. | 我们要如你提议的 发表联合声明 |
[46:03] | It’s a clear message, I think. | 我想这是很清楚的讯息 |
[46:05] | Pennsylvanians matter to us, and we’re not gonna let them down. | 宾州对于我们很重要 我们不能弃守 |
[46:07] | That’s right. I’ll say that Jim’s an invaluable asset to the White House, | 没错,我认为吉姆 对白宫是很重要的资产 |
[46:10] | but that I have great admiration for the sacrifice | 但是我更钦佩他愿意 |
[46:13] | he’s willing to make for the people of his home state. | 为了家乡选民做牺牲 |
[46:15] | And you should not accept his resignation until he’s elected. | 在他当选之前 你不该接受他辞职 |
[46:18] | That will show your continuing commitment to him. | 这可显示你对他的承诺不变 |
[46:20] | I think that’s a very good idea. | 这是很好的想法 |
[46:21] | As long as I can devote myself wholly to the campaign, I agree. | 只要我能全身投入竞选 我同意 |
[46:24] | Now, should Jim win, we’ll need to nominate a Vice President immediately. | 要是吉姆赢了 就需要立刻提名副总统人选 |
[46:27] | Linda, are you putting together a list of names? | 琳达,你有人选吗? |
[46:29] | Yes. And you can begin the vetting process as soon as you narrow down the choices. | 只要你缩小人选范围 就可以启动调查流程 |
[46:32] | I already have a short list of top contenders. | 我已经有几个最佳人选 |
[46:34] | -I want your input on that, Jim. -More than happy. | – 吉姆,我要听听你的意见 – 我很乐意 |
[46:39] | Congressman? | 议员? |
[46:44] | Congressman? | 议员? |
[47:01] | We can use the existing infrastructure. | 我们可以利用现有的基础架构 |
[47:03] | Are you okay with Nash Aarons? | 你同意奈许亚伦加入吗? |
[47:04] | I like Nash, but I’ll want to bring in some of my own people. | 我喜欢奈许 不过我要引进一些自己的人马 |
[47:07] | Well, that won’t be a problem. Nash is a team player. | 没问题,奈许很有团队精神 |
[47:10] | And we can reallocate some of your existing 2016 reelection funds… | 我们可以重新分配你现有 2016年竞选连任资金… |
[47:13] | Excuse me. Linda. | 抱歉,琳达 |
[47:16] | Peter Russo is dead. | 彼得鲁索死了 |
[47:20] | Suicide. | 自杀 |
[47:21] | He was found in his garage with the car still running. | 他被发现人在车库 车子未熄火 |
[47:27] | I’m so sorry, Frank. | 法兰,我很难过 |
[47:30] | -May I have a moment, sir? -Of course. | – 长官,我能独处一下吗? – 当然 |
[47:34] | I will get more information and start drafting a statement. | 我会收集更多资料 开始起草声明 |
[47:37] | Let’s reschedule. Whenever is best for Frank. | 我们重新安排时程 配合法兰 |
[47:57] | Congressman Peter Russo was found dead early this morning in the parking garage… | 议员彼得鲁索 今早被发现死于车库… |
[48:01] | Why didn’t we break this? | 我们怎么没报导这个? |
[48:04] | U.S. Secret Service Agents discovered his body after reports that | 美国特勤局发现他的尸体 |
[48:08] | -Russo had been missing since Saturday. -Fuck! | – 鲁索从周六就失踪 – 可恶! |
[48:11] | His body was transferred to the D. C. Coroner’s office | 他的尸体被移往 华府验尸官办公室 |
[48:14] | where an autopsy is expected to confirm his death as a suicide. | 进行验尸 确认他是死因是自杀 |
[48:19] | A junior congressman from Philadelphia… | 出身费城的新进议员… |
[48:21] | -Russo was 36 years old… -Zoe. Look at this. | – 享年36岁 – 乔伊,看这个 |
[48:23] | …and is survived by two children. | …育有两名子女 |
[48:26] | -I gotta get to the office. -Russo was in the midst of a heated battle | – 我得到办公室 – 鲁索之前投入宾州州长 |
[48:29] | for the governorship of Pennsylvania. | 竞争激烈的选战中 |
[48:32] | He was last heard publicly during a morning political radio show | 最后一次公开谈话 是在匹兹堡WZPZ电台 |
[48:35] | on Pittsburgh station WZPZ. | 晨间政论广播节目 |
[48:38] | Now, during the interview, he slurred his words, he sounded disoriented… | 在专访中,他口齿不清 态度恍神… |
[48:41] | -Christina. -…Ieading many to believe | – 克里丝汀娜 – …让许多人相信 |
[48:43] | -that he had relapsed… -Can you get me a train back to D.C.? | – 他被换掉… – 请帮我买回华府的火车票 |
[48:46] | Right here on this TV station for all your late-breaking details | 本电视台为你播报关于 议员彼得鲁索自杀 |
[48:50] | about this major news story, the suicide of Congressman Peter Russo. | 这则重大新闻 所有最新的及时消息 |
[51:14] | I find it very difficult to express everything that I’m feeling right now, | 我现在难以表达感受 |
[51:18] | and I know Claire feels exactly the same. | 我知道克莱儿有同样的感觉 |
[51:21] | Peter was very special to us. | 彼得对我们来说非常特别 |
[51:25] | A sort of magnetic presence that electrified everyone he touched. | 只要跟他接触 所有人都会被他吸引 |
[51:28] | And my husband and I became very close to him in the past several months. | 我老公和我在过去几个月里 和他感情很好 |
[51:33] | Peter was more than a colleague, more than a friend. | 彼得不只是同事、朋友 |
[51:36] | He was family. | 他是家人 |
[51:38] | Our hearts go out to his children and to his mother, | 我们的心 和他的子女、母亲同在 |
[51:41] | to all of those who knew him and worked with him and loved him. | 也和认识他的人 和他共事的人、爱他的人同在 |
[51:44] | We would ask that all of you respect their privacy and honor their loss. | 希望大家尊重 他们的隐私和损失 |
[51:48] | Today is indeed a sad day for the United States Congress, | 今天对于美国国会、对于宾州 |
[51:52] | for the state of Pennsylvania, and for all of us. | 还有我们所有人来说 是悲伤的一天 |
[51:56] | Thank you very much. | 感谢大家 |