时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:03] | What was that? | 那是什么? |
[02:05] | A faucet. | 水龙头 |
[02:06] | It wouldn’t shut up. | 水滴不停 |
[02:09] | -Did you sleep last night? -No. | – 你昨晚有睡着吗? – 没有 |
[02:11] | I’ll call Nancy and tell her to call a plumber. | 我会打给南茜 叫她找水电工来 |
[02:30] | Absolute discretion. | 绝对谨慎 |
[02:32] | -Can I count on that? -Always. | – 你能做到吗? – 向来可以 |
[02:35] | Raymond Tusk. | 瑞蒙塔斯克 |
[02:37] | The President wants to tap him as the new VP. | 总统点名要他接任新副总统 |
[02:39] | -You and I cannot let that happen. -Why not? | – 你我不能让那成真 – 为什么? |
[02:43] | Because a third of his fortune is tied up in nuclear energy. | 因为他有三分之一的财产 跟核能密不可分 |
[02:46] | SanCorp does not want a pro-nuclear businessman in the White House. | 善可工业不希望 支持核能的商人进入白宫 |
[02:50] | Market is shifting toward natural gas anyway. | 反正市场正转向天然气 |
[02:53] | But Tusk wants to stall that shift or reverse it. | 但塔斯克想拖住或是扭转情势 |
[02:57] | Vice President doesn’t have that kind of influence. | 副总统没有那种影响力 |
[02:58] | This one would. He and Walker are very close. | 这家伙有 他和沃克关系非常好 |
[03:01] | And it’s in neither of our best interests | 看着善可工业 |
[03:03] | to see SanCorp’s position in the marketplace diminished. | 市场地位缩减 对我们都不利 |
[03:05] | -What’s the ask? -Tusk won’t accept the nomination | – 该怎么做? – 只要塔斯克认为 |
[03:08] | if he thinks his holdings are at risk. | 股份有风险 就不会接受任命 |
[03:09] | SanCorp needs to initiate a hostile takeover. | 善可工业必须发起恶意接管 |
[03:12] | He’s worth three times what SanCorp is. | 他的资产值三个善可工业 |
[03:14] | I’m talking about the subsidiaries. | 我说的是子公司 |
[03:16] | We go after the companies that refine and ship the uranium, | 我们找那些精炼 和运输铀的公司 |
[03:19] | -the support system that… -Come on, Frank. | – 辅助系统… – 拜托,法兰 |
[03:21] | There’s stockholders to take into account, huge financial exposure. | 必须考量到股东 巨大的财务风险 |
[03:24] | We just need to distract him. | 我们只要让他分心 |
[03:25] | Send a few token salvos and intimate there’s more to come. | 使出一些象征性手段 暗示一切还没完 |
[03:28] | All I’m asking is that you speak to your client | 我只要你跟你的客户提一下 |
[03:31] | and see if this is something they might be willing to consider. | 看看他们是否愿意考虑这件事 |
[03:35] | The President announces Tusk on Friday, so we don’t have a lot of time. | 总统周五会宣布塔斯克的事 我们时间不多 |
[03:44] | -I’ll make some calls. -Thank you, Remy. | – 我会打几通电话 – 谢了,瑞米 |
[03:53] | If he doesn’t deliver, I’m an invader without an army. | 如果他没成功 我就得孤军奋斗 |
[03:56] | If he does, I’ve got a fighting chance. | 如果他成功 我就有反击的机会 |
[03:59] | I just didn’t feel that we could work together constructively any longer. | 我只是觉得 我们无法再继续共事 |
[04:03] | I think that’s a perfectly legitimate reason… | 那是完全合法的理由… |
[04:05] | Of course it is. | 当然是的 |
[04:06] | But what you can’t do is fire someone for being pregnant. | 但你不能以怀孕为由开除她 |
[04:10] | Is that what she’s saying? | 她那么说? |
[04:11] | Ms. Cole claims that you said, | 柯尔小姐声称你说过 |
[04:14] | quote, I need employees, not mothers, | 我需要员工,不要母亲 |
[04:17] | and, quote, go focus on your baby. | 还有去专心怀宝宝吧 |
[04:20] | Can I see that? | 我可以看吗? |
[04:22] | It’s completely false. I… | 这完全是假的,我… |
[04:26] | -I never said that. -She claims you did. | – 我没说过那种话 – 她说你有 |
[04:29] | It’s her word against mine, right? | 那是她的说法吧? |
[04:31] | Well, juries are very sympathetic with expecting mothers. | 陪审团特别同情孕妇 |
[04:37] | This is extortion. | 这是敲诈 |
[04:38] | We don’t want this going to trial, Claire. | 我们不想上法庭,克莱儿 |
[04:40] | You and your husband are public figures. This will result in some very bad press. | 你和你老公都是公众人物 这会引起极负面的报导 |
[04:45] | I suggest we go back to them with a settlement offer. | 我建议我们回去跟他们和解 |
[04:52] | -We need the arrest record. -There isn’t any. | – 我们需要逮捕纪录 – 没有 |
[04:54] | -They let him go. -Then we need to know who got him off. | – 他们放他走 – 那就要知道是谁放的 |
[04:57] | If Underwood was involved, | 如果安德沃涉入 |
[04:58] | we are talking abuse of powers and corruption. | 就是滥用职权和腐败 |
[05:02] | I checked. There’s no files, no mug shot, nothing. | 我查过了,没有档案 没有照相,什么都没有 |
[05:06] | Then we need to find the cop who pulled him over, | 那就找出拦他车的警察 |
[05:09] | or somebody who saw him come into the station. | 或是看到他进警局的人 |
[05:12] | But D.C. cops? | 但是华府的警察? |
[05:14] | They look after each other. We need to be careful. | 他们彼此照应 我们得小心点 |
[05:17] | Do you have any sources on the force? | 你在警局有熟人吗? |
[05:18] | Not that I would trust with something like this. | 像这样的事 我没有信得过的人 |
[05:20] | You know, Lucas started out on the crime beat. | 卢卡斯最初是做犯罪版的 |
[05:22] | I can see if he knows anyone. | 我去问他有没有熟人 |
[05:24] | -Would he help us? -I don’t know. | – 他会帮我们吗? – 不知道 |
[05:27] | -Maybe. -Help out a competitor? | – 也许吧 – 帮对手的忙? |
[05:30] | We stayed in touch. | 我们一直有连络 |
[05:36] | You’ve gotta be kidding me. | 你肯定在说笑 |
[05:40] | This town is way too incestuous. | 这城市也太乱伦了吧 |
[05:43] | I know it’s a lot to ask. | 我知道要求很过分 |
[05:44] | I’m still trying to wrap my head around the affair, Zoe. | 我还在努力想清楚绯闻,乔伊 |
[05:48] | If you could just give me a contact and maybe vouch for me… | 如果你能给我连络人 也许再为我担保… |
[05:51] | Did you wait to bring this up until now because you thought | 你到现在才说 是因为你认为 |
[05:53] | it’d be harder for me to say no? | 我会难以拒绝? |
[05:54] | -What do you mean? -ln bed, right after we… | – 什么意思? – 在我们上床后… |
[05:57] | You don’t actually think I would do something like… | 你不会真的以为 我会做那种事… |
[06:00] | It sure seems that way. | 看来就是如此 |
[06:02] | This is huge, Lucas. | 这么说很严重,卢卡斯 |
[06:03] | I’m trying to avoid fucking up what we have. | 我努力避免搞砸我们的关系 |
[06:05] | Whatever that is. And you’re making it really hard for me. | 不管是什么关系 你在为难我 |
[06:08] | I don’t know that I’ll ever be the kind of person that makes it easy. | 我不知道 我会是那种容易打发的人 |
[06:10] | I’m not looking for easy. But I don’t need to be reminded of him. | 我不是在打发你 但不必让我想起他吧 |
[06:13] | -I can’t erase what I did. -I know you can’t. | – 我不能抹灭过去 – 我知道你不能 |
[06:16] | But this is really fucking manipulative. | 但这真的很卑鄙 |
[06:27] | Did you mean what you said the other night? | 那晚你说的是真心话吗? |
[06:30] | That you probably… | 就是你可能… |
[06:37] | I don’t know what to do when I hear something like that. | 听到那些话时,我不知所措 |
[06:42] | That’s why I was so quiet when you drove me to the airport. | 所以你载我去机场时 我才会如此沉默 |
[06:48] | I was angry. | 我当时生气 |
[06:51] | I just blurted it out. | 脱口而出的 |
[06:53] | I wish I hadn’t. At least not like that. | 真希望我没说 至少不要像那样 |
[06:55] | I’m not trying to take advantage of you because you did. | 我不是因为你说了那些话 才利用你的 |
[07:02] | -He hasn’t said a word. -And you haven’t brought it up? | – 他什么也没说 – 你也没提? |
[07:04] | I just asked him if he was still considering Tusk. | 我只问他 是否还在考虑塔斯克 |
[07:06] | He said yes, but that he wanted to speak to you first. That’s it. | 他说是的 但他想先跟你谈,就这样 |
[07:09] | I wish we knew if they’d spoken at all. | 真希望我们已经知道 他们是否谈过了 |
[07:11] | Well, he has his private line. I can’t track those calls. | 他有私人专线 我没办法追查 |
[07:15] | -Frank. -Mr. President. | – 法兰 – 总统先生 |
[07:17] | Tell me about St. Louis. | 告诉我圣路易的情况 |
[07:19] | He’s a hard man to read. | 他很难看得出来 |
[07:21] | I did my best to probe him, | 我尽力试探 |
[07:22] | but I don’t think I left any wiser to which way he’s leaning. | 但还是没探出他的倾向 |
[07:25] | I must say, though, I think he is by far and away the best candidate. | 尽管如此,我还是得说 他是超乎理想的最佳候选人 |
[07:30] | Why do you say that? | 为何那么说? |
[07:32] | Doesn’t it make sense for you to nominate someone you know so well? | 提名你最了解的人 不是很合理吗? |
[07:36] | I don’t know him. That’s why I sent you to St. Louis. | 我不了解他 所以才派你去圣路易 |
[07:39] | Forgive me, Mr. President. I didn’t mean it that way. | 抱歉,总统先生 我不是那意思 |
[07:41] | I meant that the world knows so well. | 我意思是全世界都熟知他 |
[07:43] | You, me, everyone knows Raymond Tusk. | 你、我 所有人都熟知瑞蒙塔斯克 |
[07:46] | We don’t need to convince anyone of his worthiness. | 不必说服任何人他的价值 |
[07:48] | But you said he still seems ambivalent? | 但你说他还很犹豫? |
[07:49] | Which is why I think you should make a personal overture. | 所以我认为你该安排私人约谈 |
[07:52] | Invite him to the White House. | 邀他到白宫 |
[07:54] | -Well, I don’t want to appear desperate. -I agree with Frank. | – 我不想表现急迫 – 我同意法兰 |
[07:57] | Inviting him is a very good idea. | 邀他来是个很好的主意 |
[07:59] | If you’re serious about Tusk, you should wine and dine him. | 如果你认真考虑塔斯克 就该请他吃饭 |
[08:02] | Make him feel very special. | 让他觉得自己很特别 |
[08:03] | I’m sure we can find time in the schedule. | 我相信我们能挪出时间 |
[08:05] | -Let’s give him a few more days. -We have less than a week, sir. | – 让他多考虑几天 – 时间剩不到一周了 |
[08:07] | I wouldn’t wait any later than Friday. | 不能拖过周五 |
[08:09] | We can make Friday work, sir. | 周五有空档,先生 |
[08:12] | All right. Well, see if he’s available. | 好吧,看他是否有空 |
[08:23] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[08:27] | -Give me your phone. -Why? | – 给我你的手机 – 为何? |
[08:29] | Just give it to me. | 给我就对了 |
[09:00] | Have you noticed anything weird in here? | 你有发现异状吗? |
[09:02] | Stuff moved around? Anything missing? | 东西被移动?失窃? |
[09:04] | -No. -Anyone following you? | – 没有 – 有人跟踪你吗? |
[09:06] | What did you find out? | 你发现什么了? |
[09:09] | This is serious, Zoe. | 事情很严重,乔伊 |
[09:10] | It goes way up, as high as the Commissioner. | 一路往上牵涉到局长 |
[09:13] | I had to beg my contact at Metro to give me this. | 我必须求我在警队的连络人 才能拿到这个 |
[09:19] | No record of Russo getting pulled over, | 没有鲁索的拦车纪录 |
[09:20] | but he remembers there was a call girl brought in with Russo. | 但他记得当时鲁索 跟一名妓女一起被带进来 |
[09:23] | That’s a file on one of her previous arrests. | 那是她之前 被逮的其中一个纪录 |
[09:27] | I’ve investigated police cover-ups before. | 我以前调查过警察包庇的案件 |
[09:30] | I got death threats for a year. | 结果收到死亡威胁整整一年 |
[09:32] | Are you willing to take that risk? | 你愿意冒那风险? |
[09:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:38] | How long? | 多久? |
[09:39] | The next board of directors meeting is three weeks from now. | 下次董事会是三周后 |
[09:41] | That is too late. Remy, look, | 太迟了,瑞米,听着 |
[09:43] | the President is gonna nominate Tusk in a week or less. | 总统在一周内就会提名塔斯克 |
[09:45] | I’ve urged Scott Cunningham to call a special meeting, | 我要求史考特康尼汉 召开特别会议了 |
[09:47] | but that doesn’t happen overnight. | 但不会一夕之间办成 |
[09:48] | There’s a lot of machinery in a corporate attack like this. | 这种事会引起全体反弹 |
[09:51] | I want to meet Scott Cunningham myself. | 我要亲自见史考特康尼汉 |
[09:52] | I’m not sitting you down with Scott. You know the rules. | 我不跟你和史考特会面 你懂规矩 |
[09:54] | These are extraordinary circumstances. | 情况特殊 |
[09:57] | Frank, SanCorp’s officers do not meet with politicians, period. | 法兰,善可工业的高层 不见政客,就这样 |
[10:00] | You talk to me, I talk to Scott Cunningham, | 你要透过我 跟史考特康尼汉谈 |
[10:02] | and vice versa. That’s how it works. | 或是反过来,那是规矩 |
[10:03] | All right, Remy. Whatever you think best. | 好吧,瑞米,就依你的 |
[10:05] | -I’ll call you when I know more. -Nancy! | – 有消息再通知你 – 南茜! |
[10:09] | Of all the things I hold in high regard, rules are not one of them. | 所有我保持高度尊重的事情中 规矩不在其一 |
[10:12] | I will not place my fate solely in the hands of a middleman | 若能直接找源头 我不会把命运 |
[10:15] | if I can go directly to the supplier. | 完全托付给中间人 |
[10:17] | Book a flight to Atlanta. Tomorrow morning. Let Meechum know. | 订一张明早到亚特兰大的机票 通知米契 |
[10:20] | Yes, sir. | 好的,议员 |
[10:23] | She grew up in Lynchburg, Virginia, went to Lorimer High School | 她在维吉尼亚州林奇堡长大 就读过洛利默高中 |
[10:27] | until she dropped out sophomore year, | 直到高二那年辍学 |
[10:29] | and then after that, there’s no public record. | 之后就没有公共纪录 |
[10:31] | But all it says here is that she was fined $300 | 但这里只记录她在2012年4月 |
[10:33] | for loitering on April, 2012. | 当街拉客被罚三百元 |
[10:37] | One of us has to go to Lynchburg. | 有人得去一趟林奇堡 |
[10:38] | -Parents, classmates, teachers. -I’ll do it. | – 找父母、同学、老师 – 我去 |
[10:43] | Okay. Well then, you and l have to call escort services. | 那你和我得打电话召妓 |
[10:45] | I’m willing to lend a hand, but not by making cold calls 12 hours a day | 我乐意帮忙 但不想打12小时的电话 |
[10:49] | just to get hung up on by hookers. | 跟妓女闲扯淡 |
[10:51] | Where was she arrested? | 她在哪里被逮? |
[10:52] | -Connecticut Ave. -2460. | – 康乃狄克街 – 2460号 |
[10:56] | That’s the address of the District Grand Hotel. | 那是地方大饭店的住址 |
[11:15] | I’m not a fan of surprise visits, Frank. | 我不喜欢不速之客,法兰 |
[11:17] | Remy wouldn’t arrange a meeting. | 瑞米不安排会面 |
[11:19] | Remy Danton exists so we don’t have to meet. | 有瑞米丹顿的存在 我们才不必见面 |
[11:22] | I needed to speak with you. | 我必须跟你谈 |
[11:24] | There’s a congressional travel report | 国会旅行报告里 |
[11:26] | that puts you on a trip to Atlanta | 会记载你的亚特兰大之旅 |
[11:29] | the same day I was pulled out of an investors’ briefing. | 正好跟我中途离开 投资者简报同一天 |
[11:31] | Those are the sort of coincidences we want to avoid. | 那类的巧合是我们想避免的 |
[11:34] | Were you briefing your investors on Raymond Tusk? | 你在跟投资者报告 瑞蒙塔斯克吗? |
[11:39] | Meechum can be trusted. | 米契是自己人 |
[11:41] | Why would I be speaking to them about Tusk? | 我为何要跟他们提塔斯克? |
[11:43] | -I thought Remy filled you in. -No. | – 我以为瑞米告诉你了 – 没有 |
[11:45] | He didn’t say anything about the Vice Presidential nomination? | 他完全没说 提名副总统的事吗? |
[11:47] | He didn’t. And I have a feeling I’d rather not be told. | 没有,我宁愿不知道 |
[11:50] | Trust me, you want to know. | 相信我,你会想知道 |
[11:51] | I’ve appeared in front of grand juries before, Frank. | 我以前面对过陪审团,法兰 |
[11:54] | It’s much easier when you can tell the truth. | 说实话会比较简单 |
[11:56] | Please, don’t put me in a position where I have to lie. | 拜托,别害我不得不说谎 |
[12:00] | If Tusk has the President’s ear, | 如果塔斯克有总统当靠山 |
[12:01] | you will see this administration shift its support | 你会看到这个总统府 |
[12:04] | toward nuclear energy and away from natural gas. | 转向支持核能 不支持天然气 |
[12:07] | His subsidiaries and his suppliers. Go after them. | 去找他的子公司和供应商 |
[12:09] | Frank, we should end this conversation right now. | 法兰,谈话到此为止 |
[12:11] | He will not accept the nomination if his assets | 只要他觉得资产有风险 |
[12:13] | are in a blind trust and he can’t fight off the threat. | 且无法对抗威胁时 他就不会接受任命 |
[12:15] | -Okay, we’re done. -Scott… | – 好了 – 史考特… |
[12:16] | I don’t wanna hear another word. | 我不想再听了 |
[12:22] | Go back to the airport. | 回机场吧 |
[12:24] | Figure out a good reason you needed to be in Atlanta today. | 想个你今天 必须来亚特兰大的好理由 |
[12:30] | You can pull over at the next corner. I’ll have my car pick me up. | 在下个街角停车 我会叫我的车来接我 |
[12:42] | -One last one? -Another. | – 最后一杯吗? – 再来一杯 |
[12:57] | -Can I get you something? -White wine. | – 要喝什么吗? – 白酒 |
[12:58] | Put that on my tab. | 记在我帐上 |
[13:02] | -Thank you. -My pleasure. | – 谢谢你 – 我的荣幸 |
[13:05] | They’re about to call last call. | 快要点最后一次酒了 |
[13:07] | That’s all right. I don’t have much of a tolerance. | 没关系,我不太能喝 |
[13:11] | -One more? -No. I’m good. | – 再来一杯? – 不用了 |
[13:28] | Hey. | 你好 |
[13:30] | You should head upstairs. | 你该上楼的 |
[13:34] | I was waiting for you. | 我在等你 |
[13:36] | -ls that the new faucet? -Yeah. | – 那是新水龙头吗? – 是的 |
[13:39] | How’d it go? | 如何? |
[13:41] | Not good. Remy’s up to something. | 不好,瑞米图谋不轨 |
[13:43] | He’s not returning my phone calls. | 他不回我电话 |
[13:47] | What can I do? | 我能怎么做? |
[13:50] | Tell me what you were dreaming. | 告诉我你做了什么梦 |
[13:54] | Oh, it was so awful, Francis. | 很糟的梦,法兰斯 |
[13:57] | He’s not letting me sleep either. | 他也不让我睡 |
[14:01] | Yeah. It’s not him. It’s the kids. | 不是他,是孩子们 |
[14:06] | I was playing with them in the backyard, | 我跟孩子们在后院玩 |
[14:08] | and the girl was climbing on the vines, | 女孩爬到藤蔓上面去 |
[14:10] | and I kept telling her to stop and get down, and… | 我一直叫她下来,然而… |
[14:16] | The vines just took hold of her, and they wouldn’t let go. | 藤蔓把她缠住,不肯放手 |
[14:20] | And she was screaming so loud, | 她大声尖叫 |
[14:22] | and I just kept pulling harder and harder, | 我不断地用力拉 |
[14:25] | and she just ripped in half. | 最后她被撕成两半 |
[14:30] | Come here. Come here. Okay. | 过来,好了 |
[14:53] | Jesus! | 老天! |
[15:12] | You wait until after 2:00 in the morning to return my call? | 你到清晨2点才回我电话? |
[15:15] | You trying to get my voicemail? | 想进入语音信箱吗? |
[15:16] | The conversations we’re having we can’t be having on cell phones. | 我们要说的话 不能在手机上说 |
[15:20] | Where are you? | 你在哪里? |
[15:23] | Claire is sleeping upstairs. | 克莱儿在楼上睡觉 |
[15:31] | You shouldn’t have gone to see Cunningham. | 你不该去见康尼汉 |
[15:32] | He says you didn’t bring up Tusk. | 他说你没提塔斯克 |
[15:34] | You really think he’d admit to that? | 你真以为他会承认? |
[15:36] | Ifwe go through with this, it’s insider trading. | 这么做是内线交易 |
[15:38] | He didn’t strike me as a man hearing the news for the second time. | 在我看来 他不像第二次听到这消息 |
[15:42] | You want to believe I’m playing games, | 你以为我在耍花招 |
[15:43] | I can walk away from the whole thing. | 我能撒手不管 |
[15:45] | But I’m all you’ve got right now. | 但此刻你只有我 |
[15:46] | I’m the one doing you and SanCorp a favor, not the other way around. | 我在帮你和善可工业 不是你们在帮我 |
[15:50] | I can tell when I’m being used, Frank. I just want to know what for. | 我看得出来我被利用,法兰 我只想知道为什么 |
[15:52] | I don’t use people unless I can throw them away afterwards. | 我不会利用事后甩不掉的人 |
[15:55] | I’m trying to strengthen our partnership. | 我在试着强化我们的合作关系 |
[15:59] | Smells an awful lot like bullshit. | 听来简直一派胡言 |
[16:01] | Don’t condescend. | 别摆架子 |
[16:03] | Eight years I worked on your staff. | 为你工作八年了 |
[16:06] | And never once made it further than your front doorstep. | 从没踏进过你的大门 |
[16:09] | Well, now I’m in your living room, Frank. | 现在我在你客厅,法兰 |
[16:11] | It’s not because of what you taught me. | 不是因为你教的 |
[16:13] | It’s because I finally woke up to what my value is, | 是因为我终于认清自己的价值 |
[16:15] | and how undervalued I was, slaving away for you. | 还有以前多没价值 替你卖命 |
[16:17] | This is business. Keep your sob story to yourself. | 这是生意 把自怨自艾的故事留给自己 |
[16:21] | I want to maintain the influence | 我想维持 |
[16:23] | that I have worked to achieve in the White House, | 我在白宫辛苦经营的影响力 |
[16:25] | which translates into the influence that you have in the White House, | 那也是你在白宫的影响力 |
[16:29] | through me. | 透过我 |
[16:42] | I’ll get in touch with Scott again tomorrow. | 我明天会再连络史考特 |
[16:44] | See if we can push this forward faster. | 看看是否能加速进行 |
[16:46] | Thank you, Remy. | 谢了,瑞米 |
[16:47] | But you gotta let me do this my way. | 但你得让我用自己的方式 |
[16:57] | The message was very clear. | 她说得很清楚 |
[16:58] | She doesn’t want a settlement, no matter what the figure. | 她不想和解,不管金额多少 |
[17:00] | Even if we give her WorldWell back? | 就算把世安还她? |
[17:02] | She wants to go to court. | 她想上法庭 |
[17:04] | They said we can expect a formal summons next week. | 他们说下周就会收到正式传票 |
[17:07] | -This is ludicrous. -Her lawyers agree. | – 太荒唐了 – 她的律师同意 |
[17:10] | They’d much prefer a settlement, too, but she’s not playing ball. | 他们也宁愿和解 但她不配合 |
[17:13] | I’ll keep pushing them. But in the meantime, | 我会继续催他们 但在此同时 |
[17:15] | you should start gathering all the correspondence you ever had with her. | 你该开始整理 你跟她的所有通讯往来 |
[17:18] | Emails, notes, every scrap of paper. | 电邮、笔记,所有文件 |
[17:21] | Okay. Thanks, Oliver. | 好,谢谢,奥利弗 |
[17:27] | All I’m trying to do is find her. | 我只想找到她 |
[17:31] | I’ve got an arrest record from April, 2012, | 我有2012年4月的逮捕纪录 |
[17:35] | and I know she was pulled over with a client in January. | 还知道她在一月时 坐客户的车被警察拦下 |
[17:42] | That girl. She had so much potential. | 那女孩很有潜力 |
[17:45] | Why did she drop out? | 她为何辍学? |
[17:48] | Like I said, it’s an ethical breach for me | 如我说的,这样是违反道德的 |
[17:50] | to discuss anything that has to do… | 我不能讨论有关… |
[17:52] | I spoke to her parents. | 我跟她父母谈过了 |
[17:54] | Her father was very combative. | 他父亲非常暴力 |
[17:56] | Was there trouble at home? | 是家里问题吗? |
[18:00] | The father. Did he… | 父亲是不是… |
[18:04] | I won’t speak about Rachel. | 我不会谈瑞秋的事 |
[18:07] | Can you talk to me about your job in general, | 可以跟我说你一般的工作 |
[18:11] | the sorts of cases you deal with in an abstract way? | 大概处理哪一类的案子? |
[18:19] | When I’m concerned about a student, | 当我关心某个学生 |
[18:23] | especially if there’s possible criminal activity involved, | 尤其是可能牵涉到犯罪活动时 |
[18:27] | it’s my duty to contact the DA’s Office. | 我的责任是连络地方检察官 |
[18:30] | Now, if the DA pursues charges, | 如果检察官提出告诉 |
[18:32] | the student has to testify against their own parent. | 学生就得作证 指控自己的父母 |
[18:36] | That’s a difficult decision for a young person to make. | 那对年轻人来说 是很难做的决定 |
[18:39] | Extremely difficult. | 非常难 |
[18:44] | It could be easier to run away. | 逃跑反而比较容易 |
[18:48] | It’s set for tomorrow. Tusk lands at 7:30 | 会议安排在明天 塔斯克7点半飞到 |
[18:50] | and then heads straight to the White House for dinner with the President. | 再直接去白宫 和总统共进晚餐 |
[18:53] | -ls it on the official schedule? -No. | – 这在官方行程上吗? – 没有 |
[18:55] | -We need it to be. -Well, I can’t do that. | – 必须有 – 我不能那么做 |
[18:57] | The President specifically asked that I leave it off. | 总统特别要我别写上去 |
[19:03] | Actually, that’s good. We can make that work. | 其实那反倒好 我们可以利用那点 |
[19:05] | Can you set up a meeting between Birch and the President? | 你能安排柏许和总统会面吗? |
[19:07] | About what? | 关于什么? |
[19:08] | So he can give him his 2 cents about who he will nominate. | 他可以提供副总统人选意见 |
[19:10] | I don’t think we want Birch getting involved. | 不该把柏许扯进来 |
[19:11] | -He’ll never get the chance. -What are you planning? | – 他绝不会有机会 – 你打算怎样? |
[19:14] | Can you set up a meeting for later today? Yes or no? | 你能安排今天稍晚会面吗? 可不可以? |
[19:17] | I’m sure I can squeeze it in. | 我相信我能挪出时间 |
[19:19] | Good. I’ll talk to Birch. Get him on the phone. | 很好,我会跟柏许说 打电话给他 |
[19:21] | This has to stay off the books, just like the dinner with Tusk. | 这跟塔斯克的晚宴一样 不能写上去 |
[19:23] | -Okay. -And finally. | – 好 – 还有最后 |
[19:27] | Do you have a scheduler that you can fire? | 你有能开除的排程员吗? |
[19:42] | Janine, I’ve got something for you. | 珍妮,我有消息要给你 |
[19:53] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[19:54] | The President’s OTR schedule between now and Friday. | 总统现在到周五的秘密行程 |
[19:57] | -How’d you get this? -lt doesn’t matter. | – 你怎么拿到的? – 那不重要 |
[19:59] | Look who he’s meeting with this afternoon. | 看他今天下午跟谁会面 |
[20:01] | -Bob Birch. -And look at Friday night. | – 鲍伯柏许 – 再看周五晚 |
[20:04] | Raymond Tusk. These aren’t the craziest meetings for him to be having. | 瑞蒙塔斯克 这不算最不可思议的会面 |
[20:07] | Then why aren’t they on the official schedule? | 那为何没列在官方行程里? |
[20:13] | He’s considering them for Vice President. | 他在考虑提他们当副总统 |
[20:15] | I’d say that’s reason enough to keep them secret. | 那理由足以列入秘密行程 |
[20:19] | Get this out, right away. | 立刻发布出去 |
[20:22] | Mr. Speaker, I’m hearing that you’re gonna be considered for the Vice Presidency. | 议长先生 听说你是副总统人选 |
[20:26] | Slugline is reporting that you’re heading to the White House right now. | 《头条报导》报导说 你此刻正要前往白宫 |
[20:28] | -I’m… No. -You’re not headed to the White House? | – 我…没有 – 你不是去白宫? |
[20:30] | Yes. The President just wants my input. | 对,总统只是要我提供意见 |
[20:33] | But there’s the possibility that you might be under consideration yourself. | 但有可能你也被列入考虑 |
[20:36] | Not that I’m aware of. Excuse me. | 我不清楚,抱歉 |
[20:37] | -How did the schedule get out? -lt got leaked, sir, | – 行程怎么流出去的? – 有人泄漏,总统 |
[20:40] | by someone in the scheduling office. | 排程办公室里的人 |
[20:41] | -On purpose? -Accidentally. | – 蓄意吗? – 是意外 |
[20:42] | A wrong attachment to an email that went wide. | 电邮附错了附件 |
[20:44] | Well, whoever it was, I want them out. | 不管是谁,给我开除 |
[20:46] | I already let them go. | 已经开除了 |
[20:49] | -ls Birch here yet? -He’s waiting outside. | – 柏许到了吗? – 他在外面等着 |
[20:51] | Well, cancel the meeting. Tell him something came up. | 取消,告诉他临时有事 |
[20:53] | -I don’t want to feed the frenzy. -Yes, sir. | – 我不想助长流言 – 好的,总统 |
[21:02] | Give me the private line, please. | 帮我接私人专线 |
[21:04] | There are three satellite trucks on my street. | 我家这条街有三辆卫星转播车 |
[21:08] | I’m trapped in my own home. | 我被困在自己家里 |
[21:10] | Somebody in the scheduling office fucked up. | 排程办公室里有人出了错 |
[21:12] | Are you seriously considering Birch? | 你真的考虑柏许? |
[21:14] | Absolutely not. | 当然没有 |
[21:16] | We are losing control of the process, Garrett. | 过程失控了,葛瑞 |
[21:35] | Every time I’ve spoken to you, you’ve never spoken back. | 我每次跟你说话 你从不回答 |
[21:41] | Although given our mutual disdain, | 虽然我们互看不顺眼 |
[21:43] | I can’t blame you for the silent treatment. | 我不怪你沉默以对 |
[21:47] | Perhaps I’m speaking to the wrong audience. | 也许我找错听众了 |
[21:50] | Can you hear me? | 你听得到吗? |
[21:52] | Are you even capable of language, or do you only understand depravity? | 你到底有没有语言能力 还是你只懂邪恶? |
[22:00] | Peter, is that you? | 彼得,是你吗? |
[22:03] | Stop hiding in my thoughts and come out. | 别再躲在我脑里,出来吧 |
[22:06] | Have the courage in death that you never had in life. | 拿出你生前没有的死亡勇气 |
[22:09] | Come out, look me in the eye and say what you need to say. | 出来吧,看着我的眼睛 说你必须说的事 |
[22:23] | There is no solace above or below. | 天堂或地狱都没有慰藉 |
[22:26] | Only us. | 只有我们 |
[22:27] | Small, solitary, striving, battling one another. | 渺小、孤独、奋斗 不停地争斗 |
[22:34] | I pray to myself, for myself. | 我向自己祈祷、为自己祈祷 |
[23:31] | Hello? | 你好 |
[23:35] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[23:41] | My lawyer said I shouldn’t be talking to you. | 我的律师说我不该跟你说话 |
[23:43] | Mine said the same thing. | 我的律师也是 |
[23:44] | I’m not gonna change my mind, Claire. | 我不会改变心意,克莱儿 |
[23:46] | I made a mistake. I got upset, and I acted impulsively. | 我犯了错 我当时生气,一时冲动 |
[23:49] | I was the one who made the mistake by partnering with you in the first place. | 我才是犯了错的人 一开始不该和你合作 |
[23:53] | Well, then, can we please both admit | 好吧,那我们俩可以承认 |
[23:55] | that it wasn’t meant to be, and we can find an amicable way… | 事情不该如此 我们能找到和平的方法… |
[23:57] | -No, we can’t. -What do you want? | – 不能 – 你要什么? |
[24:00] | To send a message. | 传递讯息 |
[24:02] | Organizations like yours get 90% of the grant money, | 像你这样的组织 拿九成的补助金 |
[24:05] | then cozy up to corporate sponsors who destroy the environment. | 再去满足破坏环境的赞助商 |
[24:08] | The things you’re claiming are lies. | 你所声称的全是谎言 |
[24:11] | I never mentioned your pregnancy. | 我从没提过你怀孕 |
[24:14] | I got in touch with Evelyn Baxter. | 我跟艾薇琳柏斯特连络过 |
[24:16] | Remember her? We had a long conversation. | 记得她吗?我们聊了很久 |
[24:18] | It seems that you have a history of axing people who disagree with you. | 看来你总是 砍掉跟你意见不合的人 |
[24:22] | She’ll be testifying on my behalf. | 她会为我作证 |
[24:24] | So will eight of the people that you made her fire. | 你逼她开除的八个人也会 |
[24:27] | Ifyou want an apology, I’m here to offer you one, | 如果你要的是道歉 我就是来道歉的 |
[24:30] | and to give you whatever you think is fair. | 提供你认为合理的补偿 |
[24:33] | This case is gonna get national attention because of who you’re married to. | 这案子会因为你老公的关系 引起全国的注意 |
[24:36] | I’ll have a platform to say what I want to say. | 我会有讲台说出我想说的事 |
[24:39] | That’s worth more than anything you could offer. | 那价值远超过 你能提供的任何补偿 |
[24:41] | Listen, I know we have different philosophies, | 听着,我知道 我们有不同的人生观 |
[24:44] | but what we’re trying to achieve is exactly the same thing. | 但努力达成的目标 是完全一样的 |
[24:48] | We shouldn’t be fighting each other. | 我们不该彼此敌对 |
[24:51] | Do you feel that? The kicking? | 感觉到了吗?胎动? |
[24:54] | I won’t let people like you fuck up the world my child has to live in. | 我不会让你这种人 破坏我孩子要居住的世界 |
[24:58] | If I have to tell a few lies to do that, | 如果我得说谎才能做到 |
[25:00] | at least I learned one valuable thing from you. | 至少我从你那里学到一件 有价值的事 |
[25:24] | -What can I get for you? -Glenlivet, neat. | – 要喝什么? – 纯格兰利威 |
[25:47] | The lawsuit? | 诉讼吗? |
[25:52] | And other things. | 还有其他事 |
[25:53] | What other things? | 什么其他事? |
[25:59] | You know, I cannot guarantee you | 我没办法跟你保证 |
[26:02] | that all of this is gonna succeed. | 一切都会成功 |
[26:03] | Oh, it’s not that. | 不是那个 |
[26:10] | You can tell me, or I can keep guessing. | 你告诉我,不然我继续猜 |
[26:13] | You’ll roll your eyes. | 你会翻白眼的 |
[26:16] | Not at you. | 对你不会 |
[26:18] | I was thinking about when one of us dies. | 我在想当我们俩其中一人死时 |
[26:22] | Whether it’s you first or me… | 不管是你或我 |
[26:23] | Well, if it is me, and I’m sure it will be, | 如果是我,我相信会是我 |
[26:26] | you won’t be alone for long. | 你不会孤独太久 |
[26:29] | No. I mean, what will we leave behind? | 不,我是说我们会留下什么? |
[26:33] | We’ve accomplished a great deal. | 我们已经有了成就 |
[26:35] | And I intend for us to accomplish a lot more. | 我希望我们会有更多成就 |
[26:39] | -But for whom? -For each other. | – 但为了谁呢? – 为了彼此 |
[26:42] | But if we’re not… | 可是如果我们… |
[26:49] | I’m being silly. | 我真蠢 |
[26:57] | Have you ever been published? | 你出过书吗? |
[26:59] | Many times. | 很多次了 |
[27:02] | I guess that’s a stupid question. | 真是个蠢问题 |
[27:04] | You don’t seem like a starving artist. | 你不像穷苦潦倒的艺术家 |
[27:07] | Don’t judge a book by its cover. | 别以貌取人 |
[27:12] | You have a nice laugh. | 你的笑真美 |
[27:16] | Really? | 是吗? |
[27:17] | It’s very attractive. | 很迷人 |
[27:20] | Are you staying at the hotel? | 你住饭店吗? |
[27:24] | You want to come up to my room? | 你想来我房间吗? |
[27:27] | That depends. | 那要看情况 |
[27:31] | Well, how much would that cost me? | 我要付多少钱? |
[27:35] | That seems about right. | 那些似乎就对了 |
[27:38] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[27:42] | Put out your hands. | 把手伸出来 |
[27:49] | Now open them up. | 现在张开眼睛 |
[27:51] | I’m trying to find this woman. | 我在找这个女人 |
[27:53] | If you make me pull out my badge, | 如果你逼我拿出警徽 |
[27:56] | I have to take you in. | 我就得逮捕你 |
[27:58] | But I don’t want to do that. | 但我不想那么做 |
[28:01] | Let’s not make a scene. | 别把事情闹大 |
[28:15] | I used to see her around. | 我以前常看到她 |
[28:17] | She left the business, though. We haven’t really kept in touch. | 她离开这行了 我们很少连络 |
[28:20] | Any idea where she might be? | 知道她可能在哪吗? |
[28:22] | A friend of mine saw her waiting tables | 我有个朋友在乔治城的餐厅 |
[28:26] | at a restaurant in Georgetown. | 看到她在当服务生 |
[28:30] | I guess the question I’m trying to ask is… | 我想问的问题是… |
[28:33] | Is it even worth that step? | 那一步值得吗? |
[28:38] | The bottom line is that for a woman your age, it’s extremely hard. | 基本上对你这年纪的女人来说 非常困难 |
[28:42] | Have you ever had a miscarriage? | 你曾流产过吗? |
[28:44] | No. I… | 没有,我… |
[28:45] | I’ve been late before, but I don’t… | 我曾经很晚才来,但我… |
[28:48] | You know, I don’t know. I don’t know exactly. | 我不是很确定 |
[28:51] | Have you had any abortions? | 你堕过胎吗? |
[28:55] | Three. | 三次 |
[28:58] | That can make it more difficult. | 那就更难了 |
[29:02] | I’m not trying to dissuade you, | 我不是在劝阻你 |
[29:04] | but please make sure you think long and hard before you decide. | 但请你在做决定前 务必深思熟虑 |
[29:07] | But it’s possible? | 但有可能吗? |
[29:10] | Assuming you and your husband fit all the criteria? | 假设你和你老公都符合标准 |
[29:13] | Yes, it’s possible. | 是的,有可能 |
[29:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:19] | What? Well, that’s hardly my problem. | 什么?那根本不是我的问题 |
[29:24] | No, you get on it. It’s… | 你去办… |
[29:26] | I have to call you back. What is it? | 我再回电,怎么了? |
[29:27] | SanCorp’s stock. | 善可工业的股票 |
[29:30] | It’s up 35% in the last four hours. | 过去四小时涨了百分之35 |
[29:35] | It’s all over the financial news. | 财经新闻都在报导 |
[29:39] | Tusk is making a play. | 塔斯克出招了 |
[29:42] | Get Remy on the phone. | 给瑞米打电话 |
[29:46] | Congressman Underwood on line three. | 安德沃议员在三线 |
[29:49] | I was just about to call you. | 我正要打给你 |
[29:51] | I need to meet with Tusk before he sees the President tonight. | 我今晚要在总统之前 见到塔斯克 |
[29:54] | -He’s already here. -At the White House? | – 他已经来了 – 在白宫吗? |
[29:56] | He decided to come in a few hours early. | 他决定提早几小时到 |
[29:59] | His plane landed half an hour ago. | 飞机半小时前降落了 |
[30:00] | -Do you know where he is? -I don’t know. | – 知道他在哪吗? – 不知道 |
[30:02] | He had his own car pick him up. I just found out. | 他自己的车去接他的 我刚才知道 |
[30:04] | Remy’s not in his office. I left word there and on his cell. | 瑞米不在办公室 我在办公室和手机都留话了 |
[30:07] | Look, you need to call me the moment you know where he is. | 听着,你一知道他在哪里 就打给我 |
[30:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:10] | It’s just the lunch menu right now. I hope that’s okay. | 现在只有午餐,希望没问题 |
[30:13] | Yeah. That’s fine. | 没问题 |
[30:17] | Your server will be with you shortly. | 服务生马上过来 |
[30:19] | Is Rachel working? | 瑞秋在吗? |
[30:20] | No. I don’t think she’s scheduled till Sunday. | 不在,她周日才会来 |
[30:23] | Stephanie will be with you this afternoon. | 今天下午是史蒂芬妮 |
[30:24] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:29] | Should we come back Sunday? | 周日再来吗? |
[30:36] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[31:07] | Excuse me. Can I help you with something? | 抱歉,有什么事吗? |
[31:10] | Yeah. I was just looking for the bathroom. | 我在找化妆室 |
[31:13] | The bathroom is out this door, to your right, down the hall. | 化妆室不在这边 在你右边直走到底 |
[31:16] | -That way? Thanks. -Yeah. | – 那边吗?谢了 – 好 |
[31:18] | Unless you want to use the restroom in the office. | 除非你想用办公室的厕所 |
[31:46] | -Who are you calling? -Rachel. | – 你打给谁? – 瑞秋 |
[31:55] | Rachel Posner? | 瑞秋珀斯纳吗? |
[31:58] | My name is Zoe Barnes. I’m a reporter at slugline.com. | 我是乔伊邦斯 《头条报导》的记者 |
[32:01] | I know about Peter Russo. | 我知道彼得鲁索的事 |
[32:06] | Rachel? | 瑞秋? |
[32:25] | Come on, Rachel. | 快点,瑞秋 |
[32:30] | You shouldn’t have mentioned Russo. | 你不该提到鲁索 |
[32:31] | -She’ll write back. -I wouldn’t if I was her. | – 她会回的 – 换作是我就不回 |
[33:22] | How much do you know? | 你知道多少? |
[33:24] | That you were with him when he was pulled over. | 他被拦车时,你和他在一起 |
[33:25] | -Who else knows? -Just me. | – 还有谁知道? – 只有我 |
[33:28] | I can keep it that way, but I need more. | 我能保密,但我要知道更多 |
[33:30] | -There is no more. -You’re lying. | – 就这么多了 – 你说谎 |
[33:35] | Yeah, I was with him when he got pulled over. | 没错,他被警察拦车时 我和他在一起 |
[33:37] | They took him away and let me go. I don’t know what happened to him. | 他们带走了他,放了我 不知他后来怎么了 |
[33:41] | He was never charged. | 他没被起诉 |
[33:43] | You know more than me, then. | 那么你知道的比我多 |
[33:44] | No one ever came to talk to you? | 没人来找过你吧? |
[33:46] | -About what? -To keep you quiet. | – 找我做什么? – 要你保持沉默 |
[33:50] | You don’t kiss and tell in that business. | 做那行的不接吻也不多话 |
[33:51] | -Not even when it’s a congressman? -Especially when it’s a congressman. | – 就算是遇到议员吗? – 尤其是遇到议员 |
[33:56] | Frank Underwood never approached you? | 法兰安德沃没找过你? |
[34:00] | Who’s that? | 他是谁? |
[34:01] | You’re too smart to play dumb, Rachel. | 你太聪明了,故意装傻,瑞秋 |
[34:04] | You know who that is. | 你知道他是谁 |
[34:08] | Name rings a bell. | 名字有点耳熟 |
[34:09] | I try not to follow the news. | 我不常看新闻 |
[34:11] | Too many familiar faces. | 太多熟面孔 |
[34:15] | How about Douglas Stamper? | 道格史坦普呢? |
[34:17] | Never heard of him. | 没听过 |
[34:20] | I’ve told you everything I know. | 我知道的都告诉你了 |
[34:24] | I know about what your father did. | 我知道你父亲做了什么 |
[34:27] | If you don’t help me, I’ll write about Russo. | 你不帮我,我就报导鲁索 |
[34:30] | I’ll write that you were a prostitute, | 我会写你是妓女 |
[34:32] | and I’ll write about why you left home. | 还会写你为何离家 |
[34:35] | Go to town, bitch. | 就写吧,婊子 |
[34:59] | So? | 所以呢? |
[35:01] | She mentioned both you and your boss. | 她提到你和你老板 |
[35:04] | -What exactly? -She didn’t say. | – 什么事? – 她没说 |
[35:06] | All she seemed to know was that I was in the car with him when he got pulled over. | 她似乎只知道 他被拦车时,我在车里 |
[35:10] | And you didn’t admit to more than that? | 你没承认别的事吧? |
[35:12] | No. I said everything exactly like you told me to. | 没有,我完全照你的意思说 |
[35:14] | -You really think I’d spill my guts? -Calm down. | – 你真以为我会说出来? – 冷静 |
[35:16] | Why didn’t you tell me he was gonna hurt himself? I never would’ve done it. | 你为何不告诉我他会自残? 否则我绝不会做的 |
[35:19] | How could I have known? | 我哪知道? |
[35:21] | -I just want all this to go away. -lt will. | – 真希望一切赶快结束 – 会的 |
[35:24] | All of it. | 全都会的 |
[35:27] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[35:47] | Do you want me to order you dinner? | 要我帮你叫晚餐吗? |
[35:49] | -Where’s Doug at? -I don’t know. He left early. | – 道格在哪里? – 不知道,他提早走了 |
[35:52] | -Call him for me, will you? -Yes, sir. | – 帮我打给他,好吗? – 好 |
[35:57] | Thirteen minutes from now, | 再过13分钟 |
[35:58] | Tusk will meet with the President, | 塔斯克会和总统见面 |
[36:00] | if he isn’t there already. | 除非他没在那里 |
[36:02] | You’ve never been an ally, have you? | 你从来不是盟友,对吧? |
[36:04] | Pressing on with your slow, incessant march. | 慢慢地往前推进 |
[36:09] | Time would’ve killed Russo if I hadn’t, | 就算我没有 时间也会杀了鲁索 |
[36:12] | just as it will kill me someday. | 就像它有一天会杀了我 |
[36:14] | Kill us all. | 杀了所有的人 |
[36:16] | Sir, I just got Doug’s voicemail. | 先生,我在道格的语音信箱 留言了 |
[36:20] | I wonder where he’s at. | 不知他在哪里 |
[36:22] | Well, maybe this is him. | 也许是他 |
[36:27] | Freddy? | 弗莱迪? |
[36:44] | Sorry, Frank. I had to trade up. | 抱歉,法兰,我得当墙头草 |
[36:46] | SanCorp’s a big fish, but Raymond Tusk is a whale. | 善可工业是大鱼 但瑞蒙塔斯克是大鲸鱼 |
[37:05] | Can I get you something, Frank? | 要吃什么吗,法兰? |
[37:08] | Nothing right now. Thank you, Freddy. | 现在不用,谢了,弗莱迪 |
[37:10] | I’ll leave y’all to it. | 你们好好谈吧 |
[37:16] | I hope you don’t mind that Remy told me about this little secret of yours. | 希望你不介意瑞米告诉我 你的这个小秘密 |
[37:21] | I wanted a place where you’d feel comfortable. | 我本来想找个 让你舒服点的地方 |
[37:27] | Shouldn’t you be at the White House? | 你不是应该在白宫吗? |
[37:29] | How could I pass up the chance to eat the best ribs in Washington? | 我怎能错过华府最好的肋排? |
[37:36] | Remy told you about SanCorp. | 瑞米告诉你善可工业的事了 |
[37:39] | As of closing bell today, I own 3%. | 今天收盘时,我持股百分之3 |
[37:43] | By the end of next week, I’ll own over 10%. | 到下周末时 我会持股超过百分之10 |
[37:47] | Enough to make sure they can’t cause me any trouble. | 足以确认他们不会给我找麻烦 |
[37:50] | A valiant effort, though. I respect that. | 真是勇敢之举,我很尊重 |
[37:55] | So why are we here? | 那为何找我来? |
[37:57] | I told you I’d give you until today to think things over. | 我告诉过你 我让你仔细考虑到今天 |
[38:00] | -I’m a man who keeps my word. -And I’m still not interested. | – 我是个遵守诺言的人 – 我还是没兴趣 |
[38:05] | You wanted me to be more specific back in St. Louis. | 在圣路易时 你要我说得更具体点 |
[38:08] | That would be a good start. | 那会是个好开始 |
[38:18] | Why did Britain go to war with China 150 years ago? | 英国在150年前 为何对中国发动战争? |
[38:22] | I’m in no mood for riddles. | 我没心情猜谜 |
[38:24] | Humor me a moment. | 让我幽默一下吧 |
[38:27] | -Opium. -lt was bigger than opium, Frank. | – 鸦片 – 比鸦片更重大,法兰 |
[38:30] | That was simply the excuse. | 那只是个藉口 |
[38:33] | Peking wanted to call the shots instead of the West. | 北京想作主 不想受西方控制 |
[38:35] | It’s the same problem we’re facing now. | 跟我们现在面临的问题一样 |
[38:38] | But nobody wants a trade war, much less a military one. | 但没人喜欢贸易战争 更不用说军事战争 |
[38:43] | And what’s your opium? | 你的鸦片是什么? |
[38:45] | Samarium-149. I need it for my reactors. | 钐149,我的核反应堆需要 |
[38:49] | China controls 95% of the world’s supply. | 中国控制全世界 百分之95的供给量 |
[38:53] | And you’re worried about the imbalance in our currency, our foreign debt… | 你担心我们的货币不平衡 我们的外债… |
[38:56] | -All of it. -You already have the President’s ear. | – 全部都是 – 你已经有总统当靠山了 |
[39:00] | Trade tariffs are controlled by Congress. | 关税由国会控制 |
[39:02] | You have a lot more influence there than Garrett does. | 你在那里比葛瑞更有影响力 |
[39:05] | It’s the reason I wanted you to stay there in the first place. | 那也是最初 我要你留在那里的原因 |
[39:07] | And what exactly would you want me to do? | 你到底要我怎么做? |
[39:10] | Well, that part I don’t know yet. | 我还不确定 |
[39:12] | We’ll have to wait and see how things play out with Chinese. | 必须等看看中国怎么做 |
[39:15] | I’ve already told you I will not do a blank check. | 我已经说过了 我不开空白支票 |
[39:21] | I must say I’m surprised, Frank. | 我得说我很惊讶,法兰 |
[39:23] | You have a reputation for pragmatism. | 你有务实的好名声 |
[39:25] | And I also have avoided a reputation for indentured servitude. | 我也避免有签卖身契的名声 |
[39:29] | I never make an offer more than twice, Frank. | 我从不提议超过两次,法兰 |
[39:33] | Tell me now if I can count on your cooperation. | 现在就告诉我 你是否愿意合作 |
[39:35] | You’re not offering cooperation, you’re demanding tutelage. | 你不是在提议合作 你是在要求监督 |
[39:41] | So let me make you a proposal. | 所以让我跟你提议吧 |
[39:44] | I am absolutely willing to work together as equals. | 我绝对愿意和你平等合作 |
[39:48] | I will take your opinions seriously, just as the President does. | 我会认真看待你的想法 就跟总统一样 |
[39:52] | But I will not bind myself to them in advance. | 但我不会事先做保证 |
[39:55] | If that doesn’t interest you, fair enough. | 如果你没兴趣,那就算了 |
[39:57] | Good luck finding a Vice President in the next four days | 祝你好运 能在接下来的四天内找到 |
[40:01] | who will prove as pragmatic as l. | 跟我一样务实的副总统 |
[40:03] | You can’t purchase loyalty, Raymond. | 你买不到忠诚的,瑞蒙 |
[40:05] | Not the sort I have in mind. | 不是我心里想的那种 |
[40:08] | If you want to earn my loyalty, then you have to offer yours in return. | 如果你想赢得我的忠诚 那你得用你的忠诚回报 |
[40:13] | And if we can agree to that. | 只要我们能同意那点 |
[40:16] | Well, you’re a man with imagination. | 那么你是个有想像力的人 |
[40:28] | Wait. | 等等 |
[40:42] | If Stamper was there himself, | 如果史坦普本人在那里 |
[40:45] | this goes much deeper than a lost arrest file. | 这会比失踪的逮捕档案更严重 |
[40:50] | Well, let’s think about this. | 我们来想想 |
[40:53] | What did Russo gain him? | 鲁索给他什么? |
[40:55] | A mansion in Harrisburg. | 在哈利逊堡的豪宅 |
[40:59] | Underwood thinks bigger than that. | 安德沃想要的比那个多 |
[41:01] | -Then what? -I don’t know. | – 那怎样? – 不知道 |
[41:03] | He controls Pennsylvania. | 他控制宾州 |
[41:05] | He has influence in the White House. | 他在白宫有影响力 |
[41:06] | Walker needs the state for re-election… | 沃克需要州重选… |
[41:08] | No. No, it can’t just be Walker. | 不可能只是沃克 |
[41:13] | The President backstabbed him for the Secretary of State nomination. | 总统提名国务卿时出卖了他 |
[41:17] | It has to be something else. | 一定是别的原因 |
[41:21] | The President would owe him. | 总统欠他的 |
[41:23] | But what? | 欠什么? |
[41:25] | They already meet once a week. | 他们已经一周见一次了 |
[41:27] | The Education Bill? I mean, what? What specifically? | 教育法案吗?具体是什么? |
[41:29] | He could be after the VP nomination. | 他可能想要当副总统 |
[41:31] | That doesn’t make sense, though. | 那不合理 |
[41:33] | The VP slot is on the table because Russo tanked. | 副总统的空缺 是因为鲁索失利了 |
[41:37] | Underwood wanted him to win. | 安德沃本来要他赢 |
[41:42] | Unless he didn’t. | 除非他不想 |
[41:44] | Maybe he wanted Russo to self-destruct. | 也许他要鲁索自我毁灭 |
[41:47] | To force Matthews to run. | 迫使马修竞选 |
[41:48] | Exactly. And then next week, when Matthews wins… | 没错,等下周马修胜利时… |
[41:51] | The President taps Underwood. | 总统钦点安德沃 |
[41:59] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[42:02] | Mr. Tusk. | 塔斯克先生 |
[42:04] | Thanks for coming on such short notice. | 谢谢你这么短时间赶来 |
[42:05] | Have a seat, Frank. | 请坐,法兰 |
[42:10] | I have a confession to make. | 我有件事要坦白 |
[42:12] | Raymond and l have known each other for years. | 瑞蒙和我认识好几年了 |
[42:14] | We don’t publicize it, but he’s been a trusted advisor to me. | 我们没有公开 但他一直是我信任的顾问 |
[42:18] | And I sent you to St. Louis so he could spend time with you, | 我派你去圣路易 他才能多多了解你 |
[42:22] | give me his 2 cents. | 给我他的建议 |
[42:24] | On what, sir, if I may ask? | 恕我直问,什么建议? |
[42:27] | Offering you the Vice Presidency. | 让你当副总统 |
[42:31] | I told the President that, | 我告诉了总统 |
[42:34] | in my humble opinion, | 就我个人的小小看法 |
[42:37] | both he and the country would be well-served | 如果有像你这样经验丰富 |
[42:39] | by a man as experienced, | 明智和忠诚的人当副总统 |
[42:42] | intelligent, and loyal as you. | 他和国家都会受益 |
[42:49] | So I’m officially asking, Frank. | 因此我正式问你,法兰 |
[42:58] | Sir, l… I don’t know what to say. | 总统,我不知道要说什么 |
[43:05] | Say yes. | 就说好 |
[43:07] | Yes. | 好 |
[43:09] | It would be a great honor, Mr. President. | 这是莫大的荣幸,总统先生 |
[43:28] | Meechum. | 米契 |
[43:33] | I take care of my own, | 我照顾自己的人 |
[43:34] | and you’ve proved yourself to be very valuable. | 你也证明了自己很有价值 |
[43:38] | I would like you to be part of my security detail | 等我确认后,我要你加入 |
[43:40] | once I get confirmed. | 我的保安特遣队 |
[43:42] | That’s the Secret Service, sir. I’m Capitol Police. | 那是特勤队,先生 我是国会警察 |
[43:45] | Then I’ll put you on the Secret Service. | 那么我会把你调到特勤队 |
[43:48] | If you’re interested. | 只要你有兴趣 |
[43:51] | I’d be more than interested, sir. | 我非常有兴趣,先生 |
[43:54] | Good. | 很好 |
[43:55] | And I’m extremely grateful. | 我也很感激 |
[43:57] | Keep being valuable. | 继续发挥价值 |
[43:59] | That’s the best way to show your gratitude. | 那就是你展现感激的最好方式 |
[44:01] | I will. | 我会的 |
[44:03] | Mr. Vice President. | 副总统先生 |
[44:10] | Did the plumber finally come? | 水电工终于来了 |
[44:13] | No. I fixed it. | 不,是我修的 |
[44:16] | Francis. | 法兰斯 |
[44:22] | So proud of you, Francis. | 真替你骄傲,法兰斯 |
[44:25] | But I didn’t do it alone. | 我不是靠自己做到的 |
[44:38] | I got here as quickly as I could. | 我尽快赶来了 |
[44:41] | Is something wrong? | 出了什么事吗? |
[44:44] | I need you to be completely honest with me, Christina. | 我要你完全诚实对我说 克里丝汀娜 |
[44:47] | About what? | 说什么? |
[44:49] | The other day, when I said that you should tell me | 前几天 我说若有媒体纠缠你 |
[44:51] | if anyone from the press started harassing you? | 你该告诉我? |
[44:57] | Zoe Barnes? | 乔伊邦斯? |
[45:00] | You said you wanted to talk about something on the phone. | 你在电话上说你有事要谈 |
[45:02] | Oh, no. That can wait. | 那不急 |
[45:04] | No. Come on. Tell me. | 来吧,告诉我 |
[45:06] | I… Earlier today… | 我…今天稍早时… |
[45:11] | The rowing machine, I saw, is broken. | 我看到划船机坏了 |
[45:13] | Oh, it’s my fault. The cable broke. | 那是我的错,线断了 |
[45:15] | I haven’t been able to replace it yet. | 我还没时间更换 |
[45:18] | What about going for a run with me? | 跟我去跑步如何? |
[45:23] | She’s trying to smear Congressman Underwood. | 她想毁谤安德沃议员 |
[45:27] | It’s a coordinated campaign by everyone at Slugline. | 那是《头条报导》的联合活动 |
[45:36] | But she knew things. | 但她知道事情 |
[45:38] | -Like what? -About Peter. | – 比如什么? – 彼得的事 |
[45:40] | Something to do with Kern losing the nomination. | 跟凯恩失去提名有关 |
[45:45] | And? | 还有呢? |
[45:52] | Want me to drive alongside you, sir? | 要我开车跟着你吗,议员? |
[45:53] | No. You stay here. | 不,你留在这里 |
[45:55] | Yes, sir. | 好的,议员 |
[45:57] | You ready? | 准备好没? |
[45:59] | Yes. | 好了 |