时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:20] | We’ve got an energy crisis, Frank. | 我们现在面临能源危机 弗兰克 |
[02:22] | Now what the White House needs to — | 白宫应该… |
[02:23] | The president chose to remain tough on China. | 总统选择对中国保持强硬态度 |
[02:25] | No. You forced him to. | 不 那是被你逼的 |
[02:27] | You chose Feng. You’re the one who put me in a room with him. | 你选择了冯 是你让我和他见面的 |
[02:31] | The cook can’t blame his ingredients | 厨子手艺不好 |
[02:32] | if he doesn’t like how they taste together. | 不能去怪原料差 |
[02:34] | If Samarium prices don’t reduce, | 如果钐的价格不降 |
[02:36] | the market will have no choice but to compensate. | 市场只能随之上调电价 |
[02:39] | That’s bad for everyone who owns an air conditioner. | 那样对每一个使用空调的人来说都是坏消息 |
[02:44] | You should speak to the president himself. | 你应该去找总统本人谈谈 |
[02:47] | the president hasn’t placed much value on my advice lately. | 总统最近不是很重视我的意见 |
[02:51] | I’m in the same boat as you, Raymond. | 我和你一样 雷蒙德 |
[02:53] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[02:54] | Difference being you’ve got an office three doors down from the Oval. | 不同的是 你和他的办公室只隔三道门 |
[02:58] | Let’s work together, for Christ sakes. | 我们同心协力吧 |
[03:01] | I’m wiling to put Spotsylvania behind us if you are. | 只要你愿意 我可以忘记斯波特瑟尔维尼亚的事 |
[03:04] | I want nothing more. | 正合我意 |
[03:06] | Then you’ll talk to him? | 那你会去跟他谈 |
[03:07] | Look, I’m late for a meeting, Raymond. | 我开会要迟到了 雷蒙德 |
[03:09] | Yes or no, Frank? | 答应还是不答应 弗兰克 |
[03:10] | I can’t guarantee he’ll listen. | 我不能保证他听得进去 |
[03:12] | That’s not a yes. | 这不是答应 |
[03:13] | But it’s better than a no. | 总比不答应强 |
[03:15] | Any pugilist worth his salt knows when someone’s on the ropes, | 称职的拳击手都能看出对手什么时候不行了 |
[03:18] | that’s when you throw a combination to the gut | 这时候就该果断连续出拳 |
[03:20] | and a left hook to the jaw. | 左勾拳直击下颚 |
[04:59] | Samarium is the last thing they’ll let go of. | 钐的价格他们绝不会让步 |
[05:02] | As long as our energy prices rise, they have the leverage. | 只要能源价格一直涨 他们就有谈判筹码 |
[05:06] | Why don’t we offer nothing? Move toward attrition. | 如果我们只是静观其变呢 跟他们比瞪眼 |
[05:09] | If China doesn’t show at the refunding auction, | 如果中国不参加再融资债券拍卖 |
[05:11] | long-term interest rates will spike. | 长期利率会一路飙升 |
[05:12] | And in a week yields on our 10-year notes | 一个星期后我们的十年期国债 |
[05:15] | will pierce the seven-percent threshold. | 将突破7%大关 |
[05:16] | That could happen. | 那是有可能 |
[05:18] | But if we go soft now, that will happen. | 但如果我们现在妥协 那就是必然了 |
[05:21] | You mean go on the offensive. | 你说我们应该强硬一些 |
[05:22] | We should at least consider it. | 至少应该考虑一下 |
[05:24] | The Chinese don’t like carrots. Let’s see how they like the stick. | 中国人不吃敬酒 我们就上罚酒 |
[05:26] | Well, what might that look like? | 怎么做 |
[05:28] | We could raise inspection rates on foodstuffs. | 增加粮食检查的频率 |
[05:30] | Hold them in our ports till they rot. | 把他们的粮食扣在港口直到腐烂 |
[05:32] | How much of a raise? | 提高多少 |
[05:33] | 20% if we want to draw blood. | 想要有效果要提高20% |
[05:34] | Bury the move with increased spot checks all the way around. | 用增加抽查次数的方式进行掩饰 |
[05:37] | These sort of tactics don’t solve the immediate problem. | 这类措施不能解决眼前的问题 |
[05:39] | People are paying triple the standard rate for electric. | 人们现在交着三倍的电费 |
[05:42] | We’ll hit a five-fold increase by August. | 到八月份 就是五倍 |
[05:44] | What if you, Mr. President, by executive order, | 如果你 总统先生 通过行政命令 |
[05:47] | purchase Samarium through a third party? | 从第三方手里购买钐呢 |
[05:49] | Cut the Chinese out. | 绕过中国 |
[05:50] | Force them to either raise their prices worldwide | 迫使他们提高全球价格 |
[05:52] | or lower them to keep direct flow with us. | 或是降低价格维持跟我们的交易 |
[05:55] | We stockpile Samarium for denfense purposes, of course, | 当然 对外宣称是为了国防需要进行钐储备 |
[05:58] | And quietly sell what we don’t need to our friends in nuclear energy. | 然后悄悄的把多余的钐卖给我们核能源方面的盟友 |
[06:02] | At a discount. | 以优惠价格 |
[06:03] | A subsidy for nuclear power? | 核能源补助 |
[06:05] | The richest of the rich? How’s that gonna play? | 有钱人相互接济 这别人会怎么看啊 |
[06:07] | We’re dealing with a national crisis. | 我们正在面对国家危机 |
[06:08] | We can’t get sidetracked with public opinion. | 我们不能受公众舆论的影响 |
[06:11] | It would show China we’re willing to wait this out. | 这能让中国知道我们愿意耐心等待 |
[06:14] | Do we have the resources? | 我们有这份钱吗 |
[06:15] | I’d have to run the numbers, | 我要计算一下 |
[06:16] | anticipate fluctuations, consider different models — | 预期波动 考虑不同模式 |
[06:19] | Your best guess. | 估计一下 |
[06:21] | We do. For a moderate stockpile. | 有 可以进行中度储备 |
[06:28] | All right. Draw up a request from the Defense Department. | 那好 以国防部名义起草请求 |
[06:30] | – Yes, sir. – Linda, draft the executive order. | -是 先生 -琳达 起草行政命令 |
[06:32] | And Cathy, make sure we have a third-party conduit | 凯茜 确保我们能找到一个第三方 |
[06:34] | to purchase the Samarium. | 购买钐 |
[06:36] | We’ll go through India. | 跟印度买吧 |
[06:37] | Well, that won’t fly well with Pakistan. | 那巴基斯坦可要不高兴了 |
[06:39] | I’ll alert them in advance. As long as they’re in the loop, | 我会提前告知他们 只要及时告知他们 |
[06:42] | we’ll be all right. Not that we owe them any favors. | 就没什么问题 我们又不欠他们什么 |
[06:45] | All right. Let’s get to work. | 那好 开始工作吧 |
[06:48] | Come on, Betsy. Three additional counts under Section E? | 贝茜 还加上E条款下的三条罪名 |
[06:51] | Three is low. It reflects a narrow interpretation of criminal intent. | 三条已经很少了 反映了对犯罪意图的狭义解释 |
[06:55] | Your client broke into a data center. | 你的委托人入侵了数据中心 |
[06:56] | What’s the offer? | 你能提供什么 |
[06:57] | I’m not doing a plea. | 我不会认罪的 |
[06:58] | Let me handle this. | 让我来处理这个 |
[06:59] | They don’t want a trial. | 他们不想开庭审判 |
[07:01] | The questions I’ll be raising loud and clear in open court… | 我能在公开法庭上高声提出的问题 |
[07:03] | Lucas, please. | 卢卡斯 别这样 |
[07:04] | We have our own questions, Mr. Goodwin. | 我们也有问题 古德温先生 |
[07:05] | For example, what were you doing with these? | 比如 你怎么会有这些 |
[07:08] | I didn’t take these. | 这不是我拍的 |
[07:09] | They were in your apartment. | 是在你公寓发现的 |
[07:11] | Underwood took them. | 安德伍德拍的 |
[07:11] | Do you really expect a jury to believe that? | 你觉得陪审团能信吗 |
[07:14] | He did. They were having an affair — | 是他 他们有一腿 |
[07:14] | Or are they gonna see them for what they are? | 他们只会如实看待这些证据 |
[07:17] | Proof of our obsession with Ms. Barnes | 你迷恋巴恩斯女士 |
[07:18] | and the ludicrous conspiracy you have concocted | 还编出一套荒唐的阴谋论 |
[07:20] | to explain her death. | 来解释她的死 |
[07:22] | Tell us what you’re offering. | 你们什么条件 |
[07:23] | Your client pleads to one count under Section E | 你委托人供认以下罪名 E条款下一条 |
[07:25] | for breaking into a data center, | 闯入数据中心 |
[07:26] | one count for fraud, for stealing the password from the Herald. | 欺诈一条 偷《先驱报》的密码 |
[07:29] | 10 years under Section E. 10 years for fraud. Served concurrently. | 第一项获罪10年 第二项10年 同时计算 |
[07:32] | Eligible for parole in seven. | 服刑7年可假释 |
[07:37] | I’d like to speak to my client, alone. | 我想单独跟委托人谈 |
[07:39] | Cameras and recording equipment off, please. | 请关掉录像录音设备 |
[07:44] | I’ll introduce the president, then he’ll introduce you. | 我介绍总统 他来介绍你 |
[07:47] | If he’s there, we can’t mention the military. | 如果他在 就不能点名军方 |
[07:49] | Just the endemic problem nationwide. | 只能说全国皆有这种现象 |
[07:51] | Of course. I understand. | 当然 我理解 |
[07:53] | Good. So we should go through these speeches | 很好 那再过一遍讲词 |
[07:55] | and make sure that there’s nothing — | 看还有没有… |
[07:58] | Hi, Mrs. Underwood. | 你好 安德伍德夫人 |
[08:00] | Hello, Christina. | 你好 克里斯蒂娜 |
[08:01] | Mrs. Walker, you asked for me? | 沃克夫人 你找我 |
[08:03] | We need to confirm whether the president’s going | 我们要确认一下总统能不能 |
[08:04] | to make it to New Orleans. | 去新奥尔良 |
[08:05] | This Friday, correct? | 是这周五吧 |
[08:06] | Yes. But I know he had a cabinet meeting this morning, | 是 但我知道他今早有内阁会议 |
[08:09] | so I imagine… | 所以我想 |
[08:10] | I’ll talk to Linda right away. | 我这就去和琳达沟通一下 |
[08:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:14] | I know you want Garrett there. But with this energy crisis… | 我知道你希望加勒特去 可能源危机的事 |
[08:17] | No. It’s not that. | 不是那个 |
[08:19] | What? | 什么 |
[08:21] | I shouldn’t say anything. | 我不该说的 |
[08:23] | Well, now you have to tell me. | 这下你非说不可了 |
[08:26] | I’ve just never been very fond of her. Christina. | 我就是向来不太喜欢克里斯蒂娜 |
[08:31] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[08:32] | Peter Russo. | 彼得·罗素 |
[08:34] | I just have a thing about women who sleep with their bosses. | 我就是不太喜欢跟老板上床的女人 |
[08:38] | Anyway, I’m sure whatever they had was genuine. | 不过我相信他们是真心相爱 |
[08:41] | It’s none of my business, ’cause if she’s doing a good job, | 也不关我事 只要她工作做得好 |
[08:43] | that’s all that matters, right? | 其他也无所谓 |
[08:45] | Garrett seems to think she is. | 加勒特还挺满意 |
[08:47] | Then I should just keep my feelings to myself. | 那我就不多嘴了 |
[08:51] | So if the president is not able to be there, | 如果总统不能去 |
[08:53] | that could be a silver lining for us. | 对咱们或许也是好事 |
[08:55] | We won’t have to hold back with the military. | 不用给军方留面子了 |
[08:58] | Phone taps. Video surveillance. Premeditation. | 电话监听 视频监控 预谋犯罪 |
[09:02] | Sustained intent. They’ve got you cold. | 长期动机 你没希望的 |
[09:05] | If I plead out, that’s it. No one hears the truth. | 如果我认罪 就没人知道真相了 |
[09:07] | If you don’t plead, no one will hear you, period. | 你不认罪的话 根本没人会听你的 |
[09:09] | Not until you’re in your 70s. | 一直到你七八十岁 |
[09:11] | Have you talked to Hammerschmidt yet? | 你和汉默施密特谈了吗 |
[09:12] | You’re in no position to make demands. | 你没资格谈条件 |
[09:14] | It’s not up to you. | 你说了又不算 |
[09:15] | All you’ll do is piss them off. | 你只会惹恼他们 |
[09:18] | Look, | 听我说 |
[09:21] | we’ve got a good deal here. | 这个交易很好 |
[09:23] | A great deal, considering what you did. | 考虑到你的行为 算很不错了 |
[09:26] | You should take it before their change their mind. | 趁他们没改主意 赶紧接受 |
[09:28] | Tom Hammerschmidt. I talk to him, or we’re going to trial. | 汤姆·汉默施密特 我要跟他谈 否则就上法庭 |
[09:33] | Raise your arms, please. | 请抬起胳膊 |
[09:41] | You have something here? | 这里有什么物品 |
[09:43] | My neck chain. | 项链 |
[09:44] | May I see it? | 请掏出来 |
[09:45] | Really? I gotta take off my tie. | 真的吗 我还得解领带 |
[09:48] | I need to see it, sir. | 必须看一下 先生 |
[09:56] | You’re a good Christian, Remy. | 虔诚的基督徒啊 雷米 |
[09:59] | My mother’s. She was the good Christian. | 我母亲的 是她虔诚 |
[10:01] | Well, then you’re just the good son. | 那你也是个好儿子 |
[10:03] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[10:04] | Hot out there, huh? | 外面热吧 |
[10:05] | 96, according to my car. | 96华氏度 车里显示的 |
[10:07] | We had heat like that back in Gaffney, | 以前在加夫尼也这么热 |
[10:09] | but we didn’t know what air conditioning was, | 那会儿还没有空调 |
[10:11] | so we just accepted as fact that summer was meant to be miserable. | 我们认为夏天就该这么难熬 |
[10:15] | Neat or with water? | 加不加水 |
[10:16] | Just the water. You can hold the bourbon. | 只要水 不要酒 |
[10:19] | We need to find a solution | 得找个解决办法 |
[10:20] | so that this one isn’t miserable for 300 million people. | 好让这个夏天美国人民不那么难熬 |
[10:23] | I already have found a solution. | 我有办法了 |
[10:25] | Oh, please, Frank. A Samarium subsidy? | 得了吧 弗兰克 钐补助吗 |
[10:27] | Is that your skepticism or Raymond’s? | 是你还是雷蒙德表示怀疑 |
[10:29] | Mine. Anticipating his. | 我 估计他也是 |
[10:30] | So you haven’t spoken to him yet. | 你俩还没谈过 |
[10:34] | I want to offer him something he can agree to. | 我想向他提出他会同意的条件 |
[10:37] | Well, he doesn’t have much of a choice. | 他没什么选择 |
[10:39] | Why are you cornering him? | 你为什么要把他逼入绝境 |
[10:40] | I’m cutting the rate by half. I’d call that liberating him. | 我把价钱减半 这是在帮他啊 |
[10:43] | You know that’s not how he’ll see it. | 你知道他可不这么看 |
[10:44] | This trade war is preventing the refinery | 这场贸易战让北京方面 |
[10:46] | from being approved in Beijing. | 迟迟不批准精炼厂项目 |
[10:47] | His co-venture with Feng is not our highest priority right now. | 目前 他跟冯的合资项目不是最重要的 |
[10:50] | A rare earth refinery solves this crisis permanently. | 稀土精炼厂能一劳永逸地解决这场危机 |
[10:53] | Three years from now. Not this summer. | 那是三年之后了 这个夏天还是难熬 |
[10:54] | It’s not just that. With the subsidy he’ll break even at best, | 不止如此 实施核能补助他至多不赔不赚 |
[10:57] | there’s no point in doing business to hover between red and black. | 那叫做生意吗 |
[10:59] | Raymond’s profits are an even lower priority to me than his co-venture. | 雷蒙德的利益对我来说比他的合资项目更不重要 |
[11:06] | Tell me what you’re up to, Frank. | 告诉我你的目的 弗兰克 |
[11:09] | There’s nothing to gain by locking horn with Tusk. | 你跟塔斯克叫劲又得不到什么 |
[11:11] | Ask your client. It’s Tusk who’s locking the horns. | 问你的客户去 是塔斯克在叫劲 |
[11:14] | He’s not a man who likes conflict. | 他不喜欢矛盾 |
[11:17] | Neither am I. | 我也不喜欢 |
[11:21] | Then make the ask. ‘Cause I know you don’t care about the subsidy. | 那就提出要求吧 我知道你不在乎核能补助 |
[11:24] | This is about something bigger. | 你有更大的目标 |
[11:26] | I’m a good Christian, Remy, like your mother. | 我是个虔诚的基督徒 雷米 跟你母亲一样 |
[11:28] | I would tell you the truth if I wanted more. | 如果我想要别的 我会如实说的 |
[11:31] | You trying to send a message? | 你这是在发出信号吗 |
[11:32] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[11:33] | Which is? | 那内容是什么 |
[11:34] | That stubbornness is far more costly than obedience. | 顽固比顺从的代价更大 |
[11:39] | Thanks for the water. | 谢谢你的水 |
[11:43] | You’re on the wrong side, Remy. | 你站错队了 雷米 |
[11:45] | Yeah, well, one of us sure is. | 是啊 我们中肯定有一人站错 |
[11:47] | And when the bumblebee flew home, | 大黄蜂飞回家后 |
[11:49] | all his friends were waiting with buckets honey, right? | 发现它的朋友们都抱着大桶蜂蜜在等他 |
[11:53] | And he’s got his worm friend and his mouse friend | 他的朋友有蠕虫 老鼠 |
[11:56] | and his spider friend and his snail friend. | 蜘蛛和蜗牛 |
[11:59] | And they all had tons of honey. And he looks happier now, right? | 它们都有许多蜂蜜 他看上去开心多了 是吗 |
[12:03] | – Yeah! – Yeah? | -是啊 -是吗 |
[12:04] | And so they all buzzzzed with happiness. | 于是他们开心地嗡嗡叫了起来 |
[12:09] | Because life is sweet when you spend it with your friend. | 因为你和朋友们在一起 生活会甜蜜得多 |
[12:14] | Right? | 对吗 |
[12:15] | Can you all buzz your wings? Buzz your little wings. | 你们会振动翅膀发出嗡鸣声吗 扇动小翅膀吧 |
[12:20] | – I think it would make a fluttering noise, like… – like | -我觉得会发出颤动的声音 就像 -就像 |
[12:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:24] | Your flutters? | 你的颤动呢 |
[12:37] | It’s too hot out here for you to be doing this, Francis. | 外面太热了 你不该抛球 弗兰西斯 |
[12:39] | I’m keeping hydrated. | 我一直在喝水 |
[12:43] | Is that even regulation? | 这距离满足规定吗 |
[12:45] | It’s only half. | 只到一半 |
[12:47] | But I don’t want the press to see practicing on the street. | 但我不想让媒体看到我在大街上练习 |
[12:53] | You remember when you threw out that first pitch in Greenville? | 还记得你在格林维尔开球那次吗 |
[12:56] | I was wondering how long it was gonna take you to bring that up. | 我还在想你什么时候会提到那事呢 |
[12:59] | That wasn’t even on national television. | 那次还不是全国电视台直播呢 |
[13:02] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[13:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:08] | What happened in Greenville? | 格林维尔发生了什么 |
[13:09] | The Greenville Drive. | 格林维尔驱动队 |
[13:12] | Single A team for the Red Sox. | 红袜队的1A队 |
[13:14] | It was a home game. I get on the mound. | 主场作战 我站在投球区土墩上 |
[13:18] | You threw from the mound? | 你从土墩上抛球吗 |
[13:19] | Well, I wanted to throw a real pitch. | 我想投个好球 |
[13:21] | Didn’t make it. | 没抛好吗 |
[13:22] | Not even close. | 差得远呢 |
[13:25] | Halfway? | 一半吗 |
[13:29] | Ball slipped out of my hand just before I released it. | 球在我松手前滑了出去 |
[13:31] | Went straight up in the air. | 直线抛上了天 |
[13:32] | Hit me on top of the head. The whole stadium burst a gut laughing. | 掉下来砸在我头上 全场爆发大笑 |
[13:38] | Comic relief pitcher. | 喜剧性投球 |
[13:39] | That’s very clever, Meechum. | 真会说话 密查姆 |
[13:45] | Don’t tell Claire. | 别告诉克莱尔 |
[13:47] | I heard that. | 我听到了 |
[13:50] | You’re really good with them. | 你跟他们处的真好 |
[13:53] | Did you see Robbie when they were finger-painting? | 他们作手指画时 你看到罗比了吗 |
[13:55] | He pulled down his pants and started painting himself blue. | 他脱掉了裤子 把他自己涂成蓝色 |
[13:58] | – No. – Yeah. | -没看到 -真的 |
[13:59] | Hope I got it all off. | 但愿我都洗干净了 |
[14:00] | I’m sure Alex and Daria don’t care. | 艾利克斯和达利尔不会在意的 |
[14:01] | They let him run around naked all the time. | 他们总是让他光着身子四处跑 |
[14:03] | Yeah, but probably not with his Smurf ass. | 是啊 但不会像光屁股的蓝精灵 |
[14:08] | What do we want to do for dinner tonight? | 我们今晚吃什么 |
[14:10] | I’ve got some leftover chicken. Or we could order pizza. | 我还有一些吃剩的鸡肉 或者我们可以叫披萨 |
[14:13] | Pizza. No dishes. | 披萨 不做菜 |
[14:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:21] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[14:21] | I — I totally forgot I’ve got a friend picking me up tonight. | 我完全忘了有个朋友今晚要来接我 |
[14:25] | I — I completely blanked. | 我完全忘了 |
[14:26] | – That’s fine. – I’m really sorry. | -没事 -我真的很抱歉 |
[14:28] | Don’t sweat it. Is it, uh, your boyfriend? | 不必道歉 是你男朋友吗 |
[14:32] | No, no. Um, just an old friend. | 不是 只是一个老朋友 |
[14:36] | Can I meet him? | 我能见见他吗 |
[14:38] | he’s kinda shy. I do– I don’t know if he’d be up for — | 他有点害羞 我不知道他是否愿意 |
[14:41] | Totally cool. Don’t worry about it. | 没事 没关系 |
[14:43] | We’ll just do dinner another night. | 我们改天再一起吃晚饭 |
[14:48] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[14:49] | Yeah. You know where I’ll be. | 好 你知道去哪里找我 |
[14:59] | How long? | 多久了 |
[15:00] | Couple of months. | 几个月了 |
[15:03] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 为什么不告诉我 |
[15:05] | I can’t go to church? | 我不能去教堂吗 |
[15:06] | Anywhere you interact with other people opens us up to risk. | 你跟任何人有接触都可能暴露我们 |
[15:09] | Right. I’m just supposed to slave away at the fucking call center | 那我就该整天闷在呼叫中心 |
[15:10] | and then lock myself in the apartment. | 或是待在公寓里不出来吗 |
[15:12] | Don’t get dramatic. | 别这么小题大做 |
[15:13] | I like the fellowship. | 我喜欢这些人 |
[15:15] | Okay? There — there’s nothing to worry about there. | 好吗 没有什么可担心的 |
[15:17] | All it takes is one person’s cousin to visit from Lynchburg. | 如果谁林奇堡的亲戚来访就能毁了一切 |
[15:21] | Someone you went to high school with | 或许是你的高中同学 |
[15:22] | or some client that you spend the night with. | 或许是曾跟你共度良宵的客户 |
[15:24] | Those guys would never end up here. | 那些人才不会出现在这里 |
[15:26] | You don’t know that. | 你怎么知道 |
[15:27] | Yeah. I do. | 我就是知道 |
[15:28] | You ended up here, didn’t you? | 你不就跑来这里了吗 |
[15:34] | I can’t live like this. | 我不能这么生活 |
[15:35] | What? | 什么 |
[15:36] | I can’t live like this. | 我不能这么生活 |
[15:38] | Yes, you can. You’re a strong girl. | 不 你能 你是个坚强的姑娘 |
[15:49] | That’s it? That’s everything? | 就这些 这就是全部了吗 |
[15:52] | I know. You’ve heard it before. | 我知道 你以前就听过了 |
[15:53] | As a friend, Lucas. Not as a reporter. | 作为一个朋友 卢卡斯 而不是记者 |
[16:01] | Now I dig. | 我会接着挖 |
[16:04] | I make the phone calls. I do the legwork. | 我去打电话 去跑腿 |
[16:09] | They treating you okay? | 他们对你还好吗 |
[16:11] | It’s fine. | 还行 |
[16:12] | That’s not what I asked. | 我不是问那个 |
[16:15] | They’re pushing the plea deal pretty hard. | 他们非常想达成认罪协议 |
[16:17] | How seriously are you considering it? | 你在认真考虑吗 |
[16:18] | I want to see how this article impacts things. | 我想看看文章的影响 |
[16:21] | What does your lawyer say? | 你的律师怎么说 |
[16:23] | He thinks that’s a bad idea. That I should take the plea. | 他觉得这是个坏主意 我应该认罪 |
[16:27] | Maybe you should listen to him. | 也许你应该听他的 |
[16:28] | No. I want the article. That I’m certain of. | 不 我要文章 我确定 |
[16:32] | All right. I better get to it then. | 好吧 那我得赶快开始了 |
[16:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:39] | You need to know, | 你要知道 |
[16:41] | I’m gonna treat this the way I would any other story. | 我会像对待其他报道一样对待这件事 |
[16:43] | Whatever the facts bear. You might not like what I write. | 报道事实 你也许不会喜欢我写的东西 |
[16:47] | I get that. | 我明白 |
[16:48] | I’ll let you read it first. Then you can decide. | 我会先让你看 然后你再做决定 |
[16:51] | That’s all I’m asking. | 我就是这意思 |
[16:53] | Hang in there. | 挺住 |
[17:08] | Can you wipe this off? Please? | 能帮我擦掉吗 求你了 |
[17:12] | And the other nuclear providers are on board? | 其他核供应商都赞同吗 |
[17:14] | Most. Except Raymond’s company. | 大部分 除了雷蒙德的公司 |
[17:15] | Couple of others. | 还有几个 |
[17:16] | Lakeport Nuclear. Wolf Springs. | 湖港核电站 狼泉集团 |
[17:18] | Now, I can’t prove it, but I am absolutely sure they’re colluding. | 我无法证明 但我敢肯定他们是串通好的 |
[17:24] | Raymond wants to embarrass me. | 雷蒙德想让我丢脸 |
[17:26] | I offer a solution, nuclear lobby turns its back. | 我提出方案 核能说客却不肯合作 |
[17:30] | He has the right to refuse, Mr. President. | 他有拒绝的权利 总统先生 |
[17:32] | What he cannot do is manipulate the energy market. | 但他没法操纵能源市场 |
[17:36] | You want to put pressure on the distribution side. | 你想对经销方施压 |
[17:38] | More than pressure. Ban vertical integration entirely. | 不仅施压 彻底禁止纵向合并 |
[17:41] | We don’t have that regulatory power. | 我们没有那个管制权力 |
[17:43] | We add an antitrust agreement to the Emergency Energy Bill. | 我们给《紧急能源法案》加一条反垄断协议 |
[17:46] | We break up the regional supply and distribution monopolies, | 我们打破地区性供应和经销垄断 |
[17:50] | like the Bell System. | 就像当年对贝尔系统那样 |
[17:51] | It’ll be challenged immediately in the courts. | 那马上就会引起官司 |
[17:53] | We don’t need it to pass. We just need to threaten it. | 我们不需要协议通过 只是用来吓唬人 |
[17:57] | See if he falls into line. | 看他会不会屈服 |
[18:03] | Is there a way to do that without it making its way into the news? | 这事能不能低调办妥 不闹上新闻 |
[18:06] | I don’t want the world’s wealthiest one percent | 我不希望世界上最有钱的有钱人 |
[18:08] | on my phone sheet. | 都给我打电话 |
[18:10] | There is absolutely a way to do that, sir. | 当然可以 先生 |
[18:21] | Here you go. | 你们的酒来了 |
[18:23] | Crowded for a Tuesday night. | 周二晚上就这么热闹 |
[18:25] | We keep it at 65 degrees. And it’s free. | 我们把室温保持在18度 而且免费 |
[18:28] | If you call 18 bucks for a vodka soda free. | 一杯伏特加苏打水18块也叫免费吗 |
[18:31] | Still cheaper than a Pepco bill. | 那也比电力公司的账单便宜 |
[18:33] | Depends on how many you have? | 那要看你喝多少了 |
[18:34] | You trying to get us drunk? | 你想让我们喝醉吗 |
[18:36] | Drunker you are, bigger your tip. | 你喝得越醉 给的小费越多 |
[18:39] | I don’t have to be drunk to appreciate good service. | 我不用喝醉就会好好答谢优质服务 |
[18:42] | I’ll get your change. | 我去找零钱 |
[18:43] | No, you won’t. | 不用了 |
[18:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:47] | You’re shameless. | 你真不要脸 |
[18:50] | Makes me a good lobbyist. Cheers. | 所以我是个好说客 干杯 |
[18:58] | So, Jackie, bold move, but it won’t work. | 杰姬 举动很大胆 但是没用的 |
[19:02] | You know we can pass this amendment in a heartbeat. | 你知道我们可以轻松通过这项修正案 |
[19:04] | Maybe. But no one’ll comply. | 也许 但没有人会遵守 |
[19:06] | It’ll get overturned. Big fuss for nothing. | 它会被推翻 最后竹篮打水一场空 |
[19:08] | It might get overturned. But it gets ink along the way. | 也许会被推翻 但依然会留下印记 |
[19:11] | One thing I learned about Raymond Tusk | 以我对雷蒙德·塔斯克的了解 |
[19:12] | is he doesn’t two bird shits about public opinion. | 他才不在乎什么公众意见 |
[19:14] | His stockholders do. | 他的股东们在乎 |
[19:16] | They’d jump in a pit of snakes | 只要他一句话 |
[19:17] | and light themselves on fire if he gave the com.funword.word. | 他们就会跳进蛇窝 把自己点燃 |
[19:19] | All I’m asking if that you convey our intentions. | 我只是希望你能转达我们的意图 |
[19:23] | Why me? Frank could easily pick up the phone. | 为什么找我 弗兰克打个电话还不容易 |
[19:25] | You still call him Frank? | 你还叫他弗兰克呢 |
[19:27] | Not to his face, which I try to keep to a minimum. | 不会当面叫 我也尽量避免见他 |
[19:31] | Don’t you appreciate having an ear in the White House? | 你不觉得在白宫有个能说上话的人很好吗 |
[19:33] | I wouldn’t, if I had an ear. But lately all I’ve got is a mouth. | 如果真是那样还好了 但最近我净听他说了 |
[19:38] | Yeah. He’s not the best listener, is he? | 是啊 他不是很善于倾听 对吧 |
[19:40] | Try working for him. | 你要是为他工作就知道了 |
[19:43] | You were on his staff? | 你曾在他手下干过吗 |
[19:44] | Eight years. Press secretary. Before you joined Congress. | 八年 新闻发言人 那时你还没进入国会 |
[19:49] | That explains a lot. | 这倒说明了很多问题 |
[19:50] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[19:54] | Like a lot. | 比如很多 |
[19:55] | I’ll take that as an insult. | 我就当你是在羞辱我了 |
[19:57] | You should. | 没错 |
[20:00] | That’s it? You’re abandoning me? | 这就走吗 这就撇下我吗 |
[20:02] | No. I’m buying the next round. | 不 我去买下一轮 |
[20:03] | I can’t accept gifts from lobbyists without reciprocating. | 礼尚往来嘛 |
[20:07] | Plus, I’m a good wingman. | 而且我是个好帮手 |
[20:09] | This gets you more face time with the barmaid. | 这样你能多跟那个酒吧女侍接触 |
[20:29] | You already got ’em ready? | 你都做好了吗 |
[20:31] | Your guys gave me the heads-up you were coming. | 你的手下通知我你要来了 |
[20:35] | Well, I hope that they didn’t wake you earlier than usual. | 希望他们没有太早吵醒你 |
[20:37] | Fuck, man. With this heat I ain’t sleeping much anyway. | 操 这么热我哪能睡得着 |
[20:42] | What? No AC at home? | 怎么 家里没有空调吗 |
[20:44] | Oh, I got a unit. I just don’t want to pay the damn bill. | 我有空调 只是不想付账单 |
[20:48] | It’s not too bad in here, all things considered. | 总的来说 这里的温度还可以 |
[20:50] | That’s ’cause we in the shade. | 那是因为我们在阴凉处 |
[20:52] | When you get outside a couple hours from now on that pavement, | 过两小时 你要是去外面人行道上 |
[20:56] | fry your damn dick off from three feet below. | 滚烫的地面能把你的鸡巴烤熟 |
[20:58] | Must be bad over that grill. | 烧烤架那边一定很难熬 |
[21:00] | I can’t tell the difference no more. | 我都觉不出区别了 |
[21:03] | I tell you what, though. | 但是我跟你说 |
[21:05] | Stuff goes down aroundhere when the mercury pop a hundred. | 气温超过37度 这里的情况就会变糟 |
[21:10] | Man who beat his wife at home will beat her right out on the street. | 之前在家里打老婆的男人会到街上来打 |
[21:15] | Brings out the animal in us. | 把我们的兽性都暴露出来了 |
[21:16] | It ain’t no joke. | 可不是开玩笑 |
[21:18] | What used to wake me up? Gunshots. | 以前我会被什么惊醒 枪声 |
[21:22] | Now you know what does? People fucking. | 你知道现在是什么吗 人们操的声音 |
[21:27] | Moaning and screaming like god damn cats in the alley. | 又是呻吟又是尖叫 像巷子里的猫 |
[21:30] | You know what they say: When you get hot and sweaty, | 俗话说得好 天热一身汗 |
[21:34] | it make you ripe and ready. | 脱衣就开干 |
[21:45] | I drank too much. | 我喝多了 |
[21:49] | We both did. | 我们都喝多了 |
[21:53] | Last night didn’t happen. | 昨晚的事没发生 |
[21:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[21:57] | When I walk out that door, it’s business as usual. | 我出门之后 一切公事公办 |
[21:59] | No special treatment. | 没有特殊优待 |
[22:01] | Don’t worry. You won’t need a restraining order. | 别担心 你不需要申请禁制令 |
[22:08] | I’m surprised you didn’t go for the waitress. | 我很惊讶 你没去找那个女招待 |
[22:10] | You’re much sexier. | 你比她性感得多 |
[22:12] | Yeah, okay. | 得了吧 |
[22:14] | She works for tips. You run Congress. | 她为小费工作 而你运作国会 |
[22:16] | Only half of it. | 只有一半 |
[22:17] | That’s half more than she does. | 那也比她厉害得多 |
[22:19] | So it’s not my body. | 那么不是我的身体吸引你 |
[22:22] | Those legs don’t hurt. | 那双腿还是挺不错的 |
[22:24] | You’re so full of shit. | 你真是满口胡言 |
[22:28] | Okay. It’s your voice. | 好吧 是你的声音 |
[22:33] | My voice? | 我的声音 |
[22:36] | It does something to me. | 让我欲罢不能 |
[22:41] | Let me know what Tusk has to say. | 把塔斯克的意思转达给我 |
[22:46] | Business hasn’t started. You haven’t walked out that door yet. | 不谈公事 你还没出门呢 |
[22:50] | Watch me. | 看好了 |
[23:20] | Thank you, Jackie. | 谢谢你 杰姬 |
[23:25] | We’re going to the White House. | 我们去白宫 |
[23:28] | Little John on the move. | 小约翰在移动 |
[23:32] | We raise the bet. We get FERC involved. | 我们提高赌注 把联邦能源管理委员会拉进来 |
[23:34] | An investigation? | 调查吗 |
[23:35] | We don’t need Congress to activate the Regulatory Commission. | 我们不需要国会来调用能源委员会 |
[23:37] | But a price-fixing review? That would take months. | 但是价格听证 会耗费好几个月 |
[23:40] | Again, it’s the threat. Not the actuality. | 再说一次 只是威胁 不是真的 |
[23:42] | He’ll employ the same logic. | 他会采用同样的对策 |
[23:43] | Draw it out. Fight back with appeals. | 把这事拿到法庭上去 |
[23:44] | But he’ll have to divulge his accounting | 但如果联邦能源管理委员会开始行动 |
[23:47] | if FERC takes action. | 他的账目就会曝光 |
[23:48] | Now, no businessman wants to open up his books, | 没有哪个生意人愿意公开账目 |
[23:50] | especially one with $43 billion. | 尤其是430亿的账目 |
[23:53] | This is getting outta hand, Frank. | 这事开始失控了 弗兰克 |
[23:55] | We shouldn’t be duking it out with Raymond. | 我们不应该跟雷蒙德对着干 |
[23:57] | Maybe we should talk to him. | 也许我们该和他谈谈 |
[23:58] | That’s exactly what he wants. To force himself back into the mix. | 这正是他想要的 让自己回到圈里来 |
[24:02] | What’s to be gained by shutting him out? | 把他排除在外有什么好处呢 |
[24:04] | The simple lesson that you cannot strong-arm | 给他个教训 让他知道 |
[24:07] | the president of the United States. | 他不能强迫美国总统 |
[24:11] | We can’t devolve to a pissing contest. | 我们不能沦落到跟他斗气 |
[24:13] | I’m gonna call Raymond. Invite him to Washington. | 我要给雷蒙德打电话 邀他来华盛顿 |
[24:15] | He won’t accept anything but total surrender. | 除非你彻底投降 否则他不会接受 |
[24:17] | I’m making the call. | 我这就打电话 |
[24:18] | Don’t put yourself in that position. | 别把自己逼到那个地步 |
[24:22] | I know how to maintain the integrity of my office. Thank you. | 我知道如何维护政府的尊严 谢谢你 |
[24:26] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你 总统先生 |
[24:29] | Two minutes with the president, | 只要跟总统待两分钟 |
[24:30] | and Tusk may be back in his good graces. | 塔斯克就能再获青睐 |
[24:32] | I need to disrupt the nuptials and prevent a second marriage. | 我要阻止他们再度联手 |
[24:54] | Christina? | 克里斯蒂娜 |
[24:55] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[24:56] | Please. You look great. | 拜托 你看上去棒极了 |
[25:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:01] | How are things? | 最近怎么样 |
[25:03] | Great. Linda works me to the bone, | 很好 琳达让我忙得脚不着地 |
[25:06] | but that’s what I signed up for. | 但这就是我想要的 |
[25:07] | Well, from what I’ve heard, you’re doing a great job. | 据我所知 你干得很不错 |
[25:10] | Oh, that’s really nice to hear. | 很高兴能听到这样的评价 |
[25:12] | Look, I wanted to talk to you about Tricia. | 我想跟你谈谈特莉莎 |
[25:15] | I’m sure you’ve noticed that she’s still sort of adjusting to her role. | 你肯定注意到她仍在适应自己的角色 |
[25:20] | You mean her confidence? | 你是说自信方面吗 |
[25:23] | I think it would be great if you reached out to her. | 我觉得你应该主动去找她谈 |
[25:26] | Just let her know that you’re there if there’s anything that she needs. | 让她知道如果有什么需要你会帮助她 |
[25:30] | I don’t really know her that well. I mean, we’ve met, but I… | 我其实跟她不熟 我们见过 但是我 |
[25:32] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[25:34] | Maybe just tell her that you enjoy working for the president | 或者就告诉她 你很喜欢为总统工作 |
[25:37] | and you’re there to be of help to her in any way you can. | 你愿意尽你所能帮助她 |
[25:42] | – You don’t think that’s a little — I don’t know — brash? – No. | -你不觉得那样有点唐突吗 -没有 |
[25:45] | For me to just approach her like that? | 我就这么去找她 |
[25:47] | No. Not at all. | 不会的 |
[26:38] | You’ve reached the Skorsky residence. | 你已接通斯克斯基宅 |
[26:39] | Leave a message after the beep. | 请在哔声后留言 |
[26:41] | Tom Hammerschmidt again. Still trying to reach Janine. | 又是汤姆·汉默施密特 还是要找简宁 |
[26:46] | Still important. Thank you. | 还是重要的事 谢谢 |
[26:53] | Hammerschmidt’s been calling our press office all day. | 汉默施密特整天都在往我们新闻处打电话 |
[26:56] | I don’t want a story to come out any more than you do. | 我跟你一样不希望闹出任何新闻 |
[26:58] | We lose a major asset if it does. | 否则我们损失一名重要线人 |
[27:00] | Can you squash it for security reasons? | 你能以安保理由让他噤声吗 |
[27:01] | Not once it’s been shared with the press. First Amendment crap. | 一旦让媒体知道就不行了 第一修正案什么的 |
[27:05] | Ward isn’t making things any easier. | 牢房并没能解决问题 |
[27:08] | She wants a notch in her belt. | 她想邀个大功 |
[27:10] | We’re giving her one. | 我们给她一个机会了 |
[27:12] | Not Goodwin. She wants Orsay. | 不是古德温 她想要奥尔西 |
[27:15] | Most Wanted list for six years. | 六年的首要通缉犯 |
[27:19] | I’ll handle Hammerschmidt. | 我来搞定汉默施密特 |
[27:22] | You need to make sure Goodwin takes the plea. | 你得确保古德温认罪 |
[27:24] | If 35 with no parole doesn’t scare the piss out of him, | 35年刑期 不许假释 |
[27:27] | I don’t know what will. | 绝对能吓倒他 |
[27:28] | Then don’t try to scare him. | 别去吓唬他 |
[27:31] | Remove hope from equation. | 让他彻底绝望 |
[27:36] | I tried to keep this contained. | 我努力控制这件事 |
[27:40] | I didn’t anticipate Hammerschmidt. | 我没预料到汉默施密特会出现 |
[27:44] | Is Ms. Skorsky cooperating with him? | 斯克斯基女士跟他合作了吗 |
[27:47] | He’s called her. | 他给她打过电话 |
[27:49] | My guy at the bureau said they haven’t actually spoken. | 我在联调局的朋友说他们没交谈过 |
[27:52] | At least not on the phone. | 至少没在电话里交谈过 |
[27:55] | If this goes to court… | 如果闹上法庭 |
[27:56] | That won’t happen, sir. | 不会的 先生 |
[27:57] | It will if he publishes. | 要是他发表了文章就会 |
[27:59] | I’m bringing this to you because I can’t control Hammerschmidt. | 我来找你是因为我无法控制汉默施密特 |
[28:03] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[28:09] | We need to invite a full-frontal attack. Then hold the line. | 我们要发动正面进攻 然后守住阵线 |
[28:14] | You want to speak to him? | 你要跟他谈谈吗 |
[28:16] | Face to face. Just the two of us. | 面对面 只有我们俩 |
[28:20] | I don’t think that’s a good idea, sir. | 我觉得那不是个好主意 先生 |
[28:21] | You have a better idea? | 你有更好的主意吗 |
[28:25] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[28:25] | We can’t avoid the battle, but we can choose the battlefield. | 我们无法避免战争 但我们可以选择战场 |
[28:28] | Set up a meeting at the White House. | 把会面安排在白宫 |
[28:30] | We’ll intimidate him with formality. | 摆架子吓唬他 |
[28:32] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[28:36] | Mr. Vice President? | 副总统先生 |
[28:39] | I know you don’t have patience for apologies, | 我知道你没有耐心听道歉 |
[28:42] | but I’m sorry if I’ve let you down in any way. | 但我很抱歉让你失望了 |
[28:43] | Let’s concentrate on what’s in front of us. | 我们集中精神解决眼前问题吧 |
[28:46] | I’ll let you know when I have a time set up. | 我安排好之后会告诉你的 |
[28:47] | – Soon as possible. – Yes, sir. | -越快越好 -是 先生 |
[29:07] | So this is a sort of outline to the larger piece? | 这算是长篇报道的概述吗 |
[29:10] | With questions on the next page. | 问题都在下一页 |
[29:25] | We’re off the record. | 我们现在是私下谈话 |
[29:26] | Yes. Off the record. | 对 私下谈话 |
[29:28] | Now, Tom, I know that you care about this young man, | 汤姆 我知道你关心这个年轻人 |
[29:31] | and I respect you as a journalist. | 我也尊重你的职业精神 |
[29:32] | But these questions? | 但这些问题 |
[29:34] | Why don’t you just ask me | 你怎么不直接问我 |
[29:35] | when I stopped strangling people’s pets. | 为什么不再掐死别人家宠物了 |
[29:38] | Sir, the death of Congressman Russo — | 先生 罗素议员的死 |
[29:39] | You mean my friend, Peter Russo, | 你是说我的朋友 彼得·罗素 |
[29:43] | whose suicide left two small children with no father. | 他的自杀让两个年幼的孩子失去了父亲 |
[29:46] | No, I will not answer questions about that. | 不 我不会回答关于那事的问题 |
[29:50] | Yes? I’m aware of that. No. Tell her I’ll call her right back. | 你好 我知道 不 告诉她我待会儿回电 |
[29:55] | Two minutes. Secretary Durant. | 给你两分钟 刚刚是杜兰特国务卿 |
[29:58] | I can wait outside for you to call her back — | 我可以在外面等你给她回电 |
[29:59] | No, let’s finish. | 不 我们说完 |
[30:01] | Now, | 那么 |
[30:03] | if you decide to print any of this, | 如果你打算发表这些内容 |
[30:05] | assuming you find an outlet that’s willing to, | 如果你真能找到愿意发表的出版机构 |
[30:07] | then, yes, it might cause me a headache for a day. | 那么 确实会让我头疼一阵 |
[30:10] | But I will not engage. | 但我不会做出回应 |
[30:12] | And I think it will only prove to highlight | 在我看来 只会更加突出 |
[30:14] | how ridiculous Mr. Goodwin’s claims are. I pity him. | 古德温先生的论断多么可笑 我同情他 |
[30:17] | I truly do. I think he needs help. | 真心的 我觉得他需要帮助 |
[30:19] | I’ve interviewed many mentally ill people. He’s not one of them. | 我采访过很多精神异常的人 他没疯 |
[30:22] | Well, I would suggest that you read your own article again. | 我建议你把自己的文章再好好读读 |
[30:25] | He’s distressed. There’s a difference. | 他只是非常痛苦 这两者是有区别的 |
[30:27] | Look, I understand. It must be a terrible blow to see him in prison. | 我理解 看到他入狱对你打击一定很大 |
[30:31] | But, Tom… | 但汤姆 |
[30:31] | Rachel Posner exists. | 瑞秋·波斯纳确有其人 |
[30:34] | I haven’t been able to find her, but I’ve proven she’s not a fantasy. | 我找不到她 但我已经证实她不是捏造的 |
[30:37] | The same goes for Roy Kapeniak. These people were born. | 罗伊·科佩尼科也是 这些人确实存在 |
[30:39] | They have social security numbers, past addresses, past — | 他们有社保号码 既往住址… |
[30:42] | And so does everyone from California to Maine. | 全美各地的每个人都是如此 |
[30:44] | Have I conspired with all of them? | 我和他们都有共谋吗 |
[30:46] | You have to admit there are some troubling details regarding the DUI. | 你得承认 酒驾问题确实有些解释不清的细节 |
[30:50] | You know, people say the same thing about Area 51. | 要知道 人们也是这么说51区的 |
[30:52] | You can conjure up little gray men if you really want to. | 你可以尽情想象 |
[30:56] | Did you kill Peter Russo? | 你杀了彼得·罗素吗 |
[30:58] | Tom, you’re embarrassing yourself. | 汤姆 你这就是自找没趣了 |
[31:01] | Did you kill Zoe Barnes? | 你杀了佐伊·巴恩斯吗 |
[31:03] | I’ve given you more time than this nonsense deserves. | 这些荒唐事根本不值得我浪费这么多时间 |
[31:05] | I have to ask these questions. | 我必须得问 |
[31:06] | Well, the only question I would ask is | 要我提问的话 我只问一句 |
[31:08] | does this sort of article hurt or help Mr. Goodwin? | 这样的报道对古德温先生有利还是有害 |
[31:10] | You have to do what you think is — is right. | 你得做你认为对的事 |
[31:13] | But I hope you can understand | 但我希望你能理解 |
[31:14] | if I don’t demean myself by taking any of it seriously. | 我无法认真对待这些问题 有损我的身份 |
[31:17] | I appreciate your time, Mr. Vice President. | 感谢您抽出时间 副总统先生 |
[31:36] | How did it go? | 怎么样 |
[31:37] | I did my part. Now put it to bed, Doug. | 我的任务完成了 把这事了结了吧 道格 |
[31:39] | I won’t submit myself to this sort of exposure again. | 我不会允许自己再面对这样的处境 |
[31:42] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[31:43] | Has Tusk met with the president yet? | 塔斯克和总统见面了吗 |
[31:44] | Linda said they’re meeting at 4:30. | 琳达说他们约了四点半 |
[31:46] | Call Remy. Make sure he doesn’t get on his plane before I see him. | 联系雷米 确保他上飞机前我能见他一面 |
[31:49] | I’m on it. | 这就去办 |
[32:05] | Oh, Mrs. Walker? | 沃克夫人 |
[32:08] | I just wanted to say how rewarding it’s been, | 我只想说 我非常荣幸 |
[32:10] | working here in the West Wing. | 能在白宫西楼工作 |
[32:11] | And I’m so proud to be working for your husband. | 为您丈夫工作 我很自豪 |
[32:14] | Thank you. I know he appreciates all your hard work. | 谢谢 我知道他赏识你的勤奋 |
[32:19] | Well, now that I’m working so closely with him, | 既然我现在在他身边工作 |
[32:21] | if there’s anything I can do for you, | 如果有什么我能帮到您的 |
[32:23] | anything that would make yours or his life easier… | 任何能帮您或他减轻负担的事… |
[32:28] | Just keep doing what you’re doing. | 继续做好你的工作就行 |
[32:30] | Truly, anything. | 我是真心的 您别客气 |
[32:32] | I want you to know you can rely on me. Both of you. | 我想让您知道 你们可以依靠我 |
[32:36] | I know that. Thank you, Christina. | 我知道 谢谢 克里斯蒂娜 |
[32:40] | Thanks, Mrs. Walker. | 谢谢 沃克夫人 |
[32:49] | – Oh, here. Let me. – Oh, it’s just my hands. | -让我来 -没事 我手不太听使唤 |
[32:52] | – Are they bothering you? – Yeah. Probably gonna get rain tonight. | -很难受吗 -是啊 今晚估计要下雨 |
[32:57] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[32:58] | Um, no. Just, uh, keep the broth moving. | 不用 继续搅拌肉汤就行 |
[33:06] | Agent Green, FBI. | 我是联调局的格林特工 |
[33:08] | Do you have a moment, Ms. Skorsky? | 有空吗 斯克斯基女士 |
[33:09] | Yeah. I… | 有 我… |
[33:10] | May we come in? | 我们能进去吗 |
[33:12] | I just need to turn the stove off. | 我得把炉子关了 |
[33:17] | – Stay in here, Mom. – Who is it? | -待在这儿 妈妈 -是谁 |
[33:18] | Just stay in here. | 待在这儿就是了 |
[33:24] | Only that once? | 只有那一次吗 |
[33:25] | And I haven’t seen him since, or returned his calls. | 之后我就没见过他了 也没回他电话 |
[33:28] | How many times has he tried to call you? | 他几次试图联系你 |
[33:31] | I don’t know. Eight or nine times, maybe. | 我不知道 大概八九次吧 |
[33:34] | And then he stopped after a while. | 之后他消停了一段时间 |
[33:36] | Did he mention anything about Hieronymus Bot or Gavin Orsay? | 他提到过机器人希洛尼摩斯或嘉文·奥尔西吗 |
[33:40] | You know, I think I should talk to a lawyer. | 我觉得我该找个律师来 |
[33:42] | Right now you’re not suspected of being an accomplice. | 现在我们并不怀疑你是同谋 |
[33:45] | If you call a lawyer, we might have to reconsider. | 如果你找律师 那我们就要考虑一下了 |
[33:51] | – He mentioned some hacker. – Hieronymus. | -他提到了个黑客 -希洛尼摩斯 |
[33:55] | I told him I thought it was a bad idea to contact him. | 我告诉他 联系那个人不是什么好主意 |
[33:57] | Are you aware of what he’s claiming? | 你知道他所持的论调吗 |
[34:00] | No. | 不 |
[34:01] | That you and he were working together. | 你本来在跟他合作 |
[34:03] | That you believe in this conspiracy theory. | 你相信他那套阴谋论 |
[34:05] | That it was you who received explicit photos of Ms. Barnes. | 是你收到了巴恩斯女士的私密照片 |
[34:10] | Is any of that true? | 这些都是真的吧 |
[34:18] | We need you to come back to D.C. with us | 你得跟我们回华盛顿 |
[34:19] | and sign this statement in the presence of the U.S. attorney. | 在联邦检察官的见证下签署这份声明 |
[34:26] | – You want me to call him a liar. – Isn’t he? | -你们想让我指证他说谎吗 -他没有吗 |
[34:28] | I can’t do that to him. | 我不能这样对他 |
[34:30] | We also need you to speak with Tom Hammerschmidt. | 你还得和汤姆·汉默施密特谈谈 |
[34:32] | You know what? Please, can you just keep me out of this? | 求求你们 能别把我扯进来吗 |
[34:35] | I had nothing to do with the hacker or the… | 我和那个黑客毫无瓜葛… |
[34:37] | Ms. Skorsky, we want to believe you, | 斯克斯基女士 我们愿意相信你 |
[34:38] | and we will if you put all of it in writing. | 你写下来我们就相信你 |
[34:41] | He’s not a criminal. You’re going after the wrong person. | 他没犯罪 你们查错人了 |
[34:46] | And if you think that you can intimidate me, | 如果你们认为你们能吓唬我 |
[34:48] | harass me like this in my own home, | 在我自己家这样骚扰我 |
[34:50] | I will file a formal complaint. | 我会提出正式投诉 |
[34:52] | You’re starting to sound an awful lot like him. | 你语气越来越像他了 |
[34:57] | You can’t arrest me. I haven’t done anything. | 你们不能逮捕我 我什么都没做 |
[35:01] | I’d like you to leave. | 你们快走 |
[35:03] | I have a right to legal counsel, and you haven’t presented a warrant. | 我有权请律师 而且你们没有逮捕令 |
[35:06] | We can arrest you, Ms. Skorsky, | 我们可以逮捕你 斯克斯基女士 |
[35:07] | for abetting an act of cyber terrorism. | 以教唆网络恐怖主义的名义 |
[35:12] | Who’s going to take care of your mother while you’re | 如果你接下来三年都耗在法庭里 |
[35:14] | spending the next three years in courtrooms? | 谁来照顾你母亲呢 |
[35:18] | Would you please raise your arms? | 麻烦您抬手 |
[35:21] | – No, Meechum. – Sir… | -密查姆就不用了 -先生 |
[35:22] | Meechum. I know you don’t want to shake my hand, | 密查姆 我知道你不想跟我握手 |
[35:25] | so we’ll just skip that part. | 我们就直接略过吧 |
[35:29] | The president didn’t mention anything about it. | 总统完全没有提 |
[35:31] | Why would he? The better to catch you off-guard. | 他为什么要提 抓你个冷不丁更好 |
[35:35] | Then why would you? | 那你为什么要提 |
[35:37] | So we can avoid unnecessary conflict. | 好避免不必要的冲突 |
[35:40] | Garrett’s not a good liar. | 加勒特可不会撒谎 |
[35:43] | The gift of a good liar is making people think | 真正会说谎的人总是让人觉得 |
[35:45] | you lack a talent for lying. | 他天生不会说谎 |
[35:47] | I know him far better than you | 我远比你了解他 |
[35:49] | and so I know what talents he has and lacks. | 我知道他天生会什么 不会什么 |
[35:52] | But let’s assume he did lie. | 但假设他确实说谎了 |
[35:56] | I’m not intimidated by a FERC investigation. | 我不担心联邦能源监管委员会的调查 |
[36:00] | You’d have grid overload and brown-outs | 听证会还没开始 |
[36:02] | before you could even get a hearing. | 就会出现电网过载 灯火管制 |
[36:03] | You are deliberately keeping electric prices at inflated rates, | 你在蓄意抬高电价 |
[36:06] | which is illegal. | 这是违法的 |
[36:07] | No. I’m responding to free market. | 不 这是对自由市场的反应 |
[36:11] | A regulated free market. | 是受监管的自由市场 |
[36:14] | Why are you doing this, Frank? | 你为什么这么做 弗兰克 |
[36:17] | Remy asked me the same thing. | 雷米也这样问过我 |
[36:20] | You’re making this about me. | 你这是故意找我茬 |
[36:22] | This isn’t personal, Raymond. | 不是针对你 雷蒙德 |
[36:24] | The integrity of our energy markets is my only concern. | 能源市场的健全是我唯一在乎的 |
[36:26] | Of course it’s personal. | 你当然是针对我 |
[36:28] | I asked you personally to convince Garrett to pull back from China. | 我让你说服加勒特不再与中国针锋相对 |
[36:32] | You personally chose not to. | 而你偏偏跟我对着干 |
[36:34] | You personally sabotaged the summit. | 你还故意破坏峰会 |
[36:37] | I have never once in my political career | 我政治生涯中从未 |
[36:37] | And you personally advised the cabinet to push me up against the wall. | 你还让内阁把我逼上绝路 |
[36:40] | allow personal feelings to get in the way of pragmatic — | 因私人感情而耽误正事 |
[36:42] | Do not try and spin me, Frank. I am too old to tango. | 别跟我耍花招 弗兰克 我耍不动了 |
[36:46] | Then I’ll be blunt. | 那我就直说了 |
[36:47] | Accept the subsidies | 接受核能补助 |
[36:49] | or deal with FERC. | 否则就面对能源委员会 |
[36:50] | There is no third way here. | 没有第三条路可选 |
[36:53] | Are you intentionally trying to destroy the president? | 你是故意想毁掉总统吗 |
[36:56] | I’m trying to protect the president. From you. | 我是想保护总统 免受你的伤害 |
[37:02] | This is about the secretary of state nomination, isn’t it? | 你是在为国务卿提名的事报复我吧 |
[37:05] | I’m the vice president now, Raymond. | 我现在是副总统了 雷蒙德 |
[37:06] | I don’t cry over what happened in kindergarten. | 我不会为陈年往事掉泪 |
[37:08] | You’re vice president because I vouched for you. | 我力保你 你才当上副总统 |
[37:10] | Because you had no other options. | 因为你别无选择 |
[37:12] | Political necessity. | 这是政治需要 |
[37:17] | You have 24 hours to decide. | 给你24小时做决定 |
[37:19] | I’ll show myself out. | 不用送了 |
[37:26] | Hello. | 你好 |
[37:28] | Raymond, this is Claire. | 雷蒙德 这是克莱尔 |
[37:32] | Mrs. Underwood, it is an honor. | 安德伍德夫人 见到你很荣幸 |
[37:35] | Jean– my wife– has been very taken with your recent efforts. | 我妻子珍 很欣赏你最近做出的种种努力 |
[37:40] | Well, I’d like to meet her one day. | 改天我一定要见见她 |
[37:42] | She would very much like that, I’m sure. | 我相信她肯定非常愿意 |
[37:44] | And what about you? | 那你怎么看呢 |
[37:47] | I’m sorry? | 什么意思 |
[37:48] | What are your thoughts about our recent efforts? | 我们最近在做的事 你怎么看呢 |
[37:50] | Oh. I am in favor of anything | 防止不必要的暴力 |
[37:53] | that prevents unnecessary violence. | 我当然支持 |
[37:57] | It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Underwood. | 很高兴见到你 安德伍德夫人 |
[37:59] | And, good luck with that first pitch tonight, Mr. Vice President. | 祝你今晚开球好运 副总统先生 |
[38:04] | Make it to the plate this time. Ma’am. | 这次要投进本垒板 夫人再见 |
[38:29] | This Kevlar is cooking me. | 这防弹背心真不舒服 |
[38:31] | We have to use it, sir. | 必须得穿 先生 |
[38:32] | Well, I didn’t practice with it, and now I can hardly rotate my arm. | 我练习时没穿过 这下胳膊都转不动了 |
[38:35] | I should have mentioned it. I apologize. | 我该提醒您的 对不起 |
[38:37] | If this ball doesn’t make it over the plate, it’s your ass. | 这球要是过不了本垒板 我拿你是问 |
[38:40] | And what are you doing here? Don’t you have things to do? | 你在这儿干什么 没事可做吗 |
[38:43] | Never been to Camden Yards. | 我没来过卡姆登球场 |
[38:59] | Ladies and gentlemen, here to throw out the first pitch tonight, | 女士们先生们 马上将投出今晚第一球 |
[39:03] | we are honored to introduce the vice president of the United States, | 我们有幸请上 美国副总统 |
[39:07] | Frank Underwood. | 弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[39:19] | Boss, boss. Meechum’s ball. | 先生 密查姆的球 |
[39:29] | Thank you very much. Where’s the mascot? | 非常感谢 吉祥物呢 |
[39:33] | Beautifully done. | 唱得真好 |
[39:36] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[39:37] | Now I know it’s a hot night and you all want to get to the baseball. | 今晚很热 大家都想赶快看比赛 |
[39:41] | So as soon as I throw this sucker, | 所以我一投出这玩意儿 |
[39:43] | grab a drink, enjoy the game, | 大家就喝点东西 享受比赛 |
[39:45] | and best of luck to both teams. | 祝两队好运 |
[39:48] | Scratch that. We’re at Camden Yards. | 我收回那句话 这是在卡姆登球场啊 |
[39:50] | Go Orioles! | 金莺队加油 |
[40:40] | Go, go! | 快走 快走 |
[40:41] | I’m told the distribution line that controls | 据说是控制节点的 |
[40:42] | the pinch point caused the outages. | 配电线路造成了供电中断 |
[40:45] | BAPCO. One of your companies. | 贝科 你的一家公司 |
[40:46] | Yes, sir. There was a capacity issue. | 是的 电量出问题了 |
[40:48] | We’re working as quickly as we can to resolve it. | 我的人在以最快速度抢修 |
[40:50] | Well, I’ve got three governors calling. | 有三位州长给我打过电话了 |
[40:52] | Hospitals on emergency power. So quickly better mean quickly. | 医院在用应急电源 你们最好尽快修理 |
[40:55] | The latest estimate I got was two to three hours, maybe sooner. | 最快也要2到3个小时 也许能快些 |
[40:58] | Raymond, was this intentional? | 雷蒙德 这是故意的吗 |
[41:01] | Sir, I know you don’t hold me in the highest regard at the moment. | 先生 我知道你最近不怎待见我 |
[41:06] | But I am alarmed that you could even entertain such a thought. | 但是你居然会这么想 我很吃惊 |
[41:12] | Yeah, well, the timing makes coincidence hard to swallow. | 但这时候出现这种事让人很难相信是巧合 |
[41:16] | There is a heat wave. That always pushes the grid to its limits. | 是热浪的缘故 热浪会让电网达到使用极限 |
[41:20] | All right, let’s get the people out of the dark. | 好吧 快让人们摆脱黑暗 |
[41:21] | Updates every 30 minutes on your progress. | 每30分钟报告一次进展情况 |
[41:23] | I should inform you, sir, that I may need to take | 先生 我要通知你 我明天可能要 |
[41:26] | two of my plants offline tomorrow for unscheduled maintenance. | 关闭两座电厂做不定期维修 |
[41:31] | Why? Which ones? | 什么 哪两座厂 |
[41:32] | Georgia and Tennessee. | 佐治亚州和田纳西州 |
[41:34] | This blackout has put a great deal of stress on them. | 这次停电使这两座厂的负荷很大 |
[41:36] | My engineers are concerned about the seals on the fuel rods. | 我的工程师们担心燃料棒密封条破损 |
[41:41] | So we’re looking at outages on the southeast grid, too? | 那么东南部也要断电吗 |
[41:44] | Could be. For a few days. | 有可能 几天吧 |
[41:45] | No, that’s unacceptable. | 这绝对不行 |
[41:47] | Safety comes first. We don’t want an accident. | 安全第一 我们不希望出事故 |
[41:50] | All right, let’s get a full report to Linda, ASAP. | 好吧 详细情况报告给琳达 尽快 |
[41:52] | Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. | 是 先生 谢谢你 |
[41:57] | He’s toying with you. | 他在耍花招 |
[41:58] | No, this could be a legitimate safety issue. | 不 或许真有这样的安全问题 |
[41:59] | He wants a seat back at the table. Those plants are fine. | 他想夺回权力 那几个电厂没事 |
[42:02] | Why is he doing this? We’ve had our differences, | 他为什么这么做 我们的确有分歧 |
[42:04] | but something drastic like this? | 但非要做出这么偏激的事吗 |
[42:06] | Well, I did tell him about the possible FERC action. | 我跟他说了能源委员会可能会展开听证会 |
[42:10] | You did what? | 什么 |
[42:11] | Well, he called me. I answered the call. | 他打电话给我 我接了电话 |
[42:13] | Why didn’t you inform me immediately? | 你怎么不立即通知我 |
[42:15] | He told me you had a productive talk. | 他说你们的谈话很有成效 |
[42:17] | That he was on board with the subsidy. I assumed everything was fine. | 他同意核能补助的事 我以为你们谈妥了 |
[42:21] | He was proposing renewed trade talks. | 他提议进行新一轮贸易谈判 |
[42:22] | We didn’t talk about the subsidy at all. | 我们根本没谈核能补助的事 |
[42:25] | He’s playing both of us then. | 他把我们俩都给耍了 |
[42:27] | If he told you he was on board, | 如果他说他同意了 |
[42:28] | why’d you bring up FERC? | 你为什么还提能源委员会的事呢 |
[42:29] | I told him I was relieved. | 我说这下我放心了 |
[42:30] | That we could have taken action if he didn’t comply. | 要是他不答应 我们可要采取行动了 |
[42:32] | You think he’s fishing? | 你觉得他是在套你的话吗 |
[42:34] | To see what our next move might be? | 想套出我们下一步行动 |
[42:35] | I think so, sir. I mean, | 就是这样 先生 |
[42:36] | he is lying about those two plants in the south. | 南部两个发电厂的事他在说谎 |
[42:39] | Well, we can’t guess. We have to be certain. | 我们不能猜测 一定要确定 |
[42:41] | Well, do you want Raymond Tusk to assess that risk? | 你想让雷蒙德·塔斯克来做风险评估 |
[42:44] | Or the United States government? | 还是政府来做 |
[42:46] | Are you suggesting we take over his facilities? | 你是说我们接管他的电厂吗 |
[42:48] | There is precedent there. | 有过这样的先例 |
[42:49] | Woodrow Wilson did it with the railroads for three full years. | 伍德罗·威尔逊接管铁路三年整 |
[42:52] | In a time of war. | 那是战争时期 |
[42:54] | In a time of emergency, which is what this is. | 是在危急时期 就像现在这样 |
[42:58] | The country needs a leader, Mr. President. | 人民需要一位领袖 总统先生 |
[43:01] | Give them one. Do not bend to Raymond Tusk. | 满足他们 别向雷蒙德·塔斯克屈服 |
[43:14] | I’m done. | 看完了 |
[43:19] | I said you might not like it. | 我说过你可能不喜欢 |
[43:21] | It makes me seem crazy. | 这让我看起来像是疯了 |
[43:22] | This is the most toned-down version. | 这是最收敛的版本了 |
[43:25] | I tried to be as kind as I could without being biased. | 我尽力用最和善的口吻 不掺入偏见 |
[43:29] | I don’t think you want this going out into the world. | 你不希望这报道公诸于众吧 |
[43:32] | Can I talk to Janine? | 我能和简宁谈谈吗 |
[43:43] | Tell him to go. | 让他走 |
[43:50] | He wants you to leave. | 他想让你离开 |
[44:00] | – You lied. – Lucas… | -你说了谎 -卢卡斯 |
[44:02] | You lied to Tom. You lied to the U.S. Attorney. | 你骗了汤姆 也骗了联邦检察官 |
[44:04] | – I didn’t know what else to do. – Tell the truth. | -我不知道还能怎么办 -说真话 |
[44:09] | They’ll arrest me. They’ll discredit everything I say. | 他们会逮捕我 他们会让我失去信誉 |
[44:12] | And nobody is going to believe me more than they believe you. | 到时 人们会像不相信你那样不相信我 |
[44:15] | But we can get the story out there. Get people asking questions. | 但我们能让公众知道 让人们产生疑问 |
[44:18] | No. It’ll just look like two crazy instead of one. | 不 他们只会觉得我们俩都疯了 |
[44:26] | So you’re saving yourself. | 所以你打算自保 |
[44:30] | I’m trying to save the both of us. | 我想保护我们两个人 |
[44:35] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[44:38] | Take the plea. | 认罪吧 |
[44:39] | – I’m not guilty. – You are. | -我是无罪的 -你不是 |
[44:41] | You committed a crime. | 你犯了罪 |
[44:43] | – Multiple crimes. – Not murder. | -罪名还不只一项 -但不包括谋杀 |
[44:48] | Take the plea. Be good. Get out early. | 承认罪行 好好表现 早点出来 |
[44:57] | Everybody — everybody’s fucked me. | 所有人都坑我 |
[45:00] | If I was trying to fuck you I wouldn’t be here. | 如果我是想害你 就不会来了 |
[45:04] | He’s gonna get away with it, isn’t he? | 他要逃脱罪责了 是吗 |
[45:10] | Yes, he is. | 是的 |
[45:25] | – Take an iced tea if you have any. – We don’t. | -有加冰的茶吗 给我一杯 -没有 |
[45:33] | I wish I didn’t have to keep coming through back doors like this. | 我真不想总这样偷偷摸摸的 |
[45:36] | Well, we wouldn’t want our friends in the fourth estate | 这不是不想让新闻界的朋友 |
[45:39] | to know you were here, would we? | 知道你来这里嘛 |
[45:41] | Especially since you’ve gone to such lengths | 特别是你费了好大的功夫 |
[45:43] | to remain above the fray of politics. | 一直置身政治斗争之外 |
[45:47] | You can’t seize the plants, Frank. | 你不能夺走发电厂 弗兰克 |
[45:50] | We haven’t seized anything yet. | 我们还没得手呢 |
[45:51] | We’re ready to, but we won’t if you cooperate. | 我们有这准备 但只要你合作就不会那样 |
[45:54] | It’s illegal. | 这是违法的 |
[45:55] | It’s not. You know that. | 并不违法 你心里清楚 |
[45:58] | The president can issue an executive order in times of emergency. | 紧急情况下 总统可以下达行政命令 |
[46:01] | I’ll fight it in court. | 我会在法庭上据理力争 |
[46:02] | Which will take even longer than a FERC investigation would. | 那比能源委员会的调查更费时 |
[46:04] | And in the meantime, you make nothing from those plants. | 而在此期间 你的发电厂无法盈利 |
[46:09] | We agreed. | 我们说好的 |
[46:11] | Right here in this room, we agreed to work together. | 就在这里 我们达成了协议 |
[46:14] | We agreed as men of our com.funword.word. | 做出了合作的承诺 |
[46:16] | And I held up my end of that bargain | 我一直信守承诺 |
[46:17] | until you abandoned me on the bill. | 可你在法案的事上背信弃义 |
[46:18] | I sent Remy to help you. | 我让雷米去协助你了 |
[46:20] | After I got it passed through the Senate with no help from you. | 那是法案通过参议院之后 你之前可没帮忙 |
[46:23] | I had to protect my relationship with the president. | 我不能和总统闹僵 |
[46:24] | And then you tried to use me | 斯波特瑟尔韦尼亚峰会期间 |
[46:26] | during the summit in Spotsylvania. | 你还企图利用我 |
[46:28] | I was not put on this earth to be your best friend | 我活着不是为了做你最好的朋友 |
[46:32] | or to share every piece of information I have with you. | 也不是为了和你分享我的所有情报 |
[46:36] | We agreed to a mutually beneficial partnership. That’s all. | 我们只是达成了互利共赢的合作关系 |
[46:44] | Yes. And what’s become very clear to me | 是的 而我现在发现 |
[46:47] | is that I benefit in no way from this partnership. | 跟你合作对我没有任何好处 |
[46:51] | Let’s not pretend to be naive. | 我们就不装傻了 |
[46:53] | We both respect self-interest above all else. | 我们最看重的都是个人利益 |
[46:57] | Our versions of that no longer align. | 现在 双方利益不再一致 |
[47:04] | You are on the verge of making an irreversible mistake, | 你就要犯下无法挽回的错误了 |
[47:08] | Mr. Vice President. | 副总统先生 |
[47:09] | I may well be making a mistake. Who knows? | 我的确可能是在犯错 谁知道呢 |
[47:15] | What I do know is that you’ll be calling Linda | 我只知道你会联系琳达 |
[47:17] | and telling her that you’ll accept the subsidies. | 告诉她你接受核能补助 |
[47:21] | You may have all the money, Raymond, | 你有钱 雷蒙德 |
[47:23] | but I have all the men with guns. | 但我有权 |
[47:26] | It’s a burner, pre-dialed. She’s expecting. | 这是设好号码的一次性电话 她在等你答复 |
[47:28] | Oh, and, uh, yes. From last night. | 对了 这是昨晚的 |
[47:33] | The ball’s in your court, as they say. | 按行话说 现在轮到你发球了 |
[47:55] | Oh, Jesus Christ. You scared the shit outta me. | 上帝 你吓死我了 |
[48:00] | Are you supposed to take the lord’s name in vain like that? | 你就这么随随便便地喊上帝吗 |
[48:03] | Leave it on. | 继续开着 |
[48:05] | It costs too much. | 电费太贵 |
[48:06] | I’ll take care of it. | 我会付的 |
[48:12] | Goodwin took the plea. He’s going away. | 古德温认罪了 他要进监狱了 |
[48:17] | So does that mean this is all over? | 所以一切都结束了吗 |
[48:19] | No. We still have to be careful. | 没有 我们还是要小心 |
[48:23] | But why? If he’s gone, then nobody’s looking for me, right? | 为什么 没有他 就不会有人找我了吧 |
[48:25] | Not that we know of. | 据我们所知没有 |
[48:27] | Until we know, nothing changes. | 在确保万无一失之前 一切照常 |
[48:29] | So what, you just came over here to get my hopes up? | 那你来就是为了让我空欢喜一场吗 |
[48:31] | I came here to make sure that you don’t go to church tonight. | 我来是为了确保你今晚不去教堂 |
[48:42] | Do you want to fuck me? | 你想干我吗 |
[48:50] | – Is that what this is all about? – No. | -这才是你的本意吧 -不是 |
[48:52] | You’ve done it before. | 你以前干过我 |
[48:54] | That was different. | 那不一样 |
[49:05] | Stop it. | 够了 |
[49:11] | If there’s one thing I know, it’s when a man wants me. | 我一向能察觉男人对我的欲望 |
[49:30] | I learned who Rachel was in church. | 我在教会得知了拉结的故事 |
[49:34] | She was young and beautiful. | 她年轻漂亮 |
[49:37] | Jacob fell in love with her while she was watering a lamb. | 雅各在她照看羊喝水时爱上了她 |
[49:40] | And she became his wife after he worked seven years | 他做了七年的工 |
[49:44] | to earn her hand in marriage. | 才终于娶到她 |
[49:48] | Rachel had one son. Joseph. | 拉结有个叫约瑟的儿子 |
[49:54] | He became a king. | 后来他成了国王 |
[50:01] | Are you hungry? | 你饿不饿 |
[50:12] | 这一集中 能源大亨塔斯克用”拉闸限电”的手段来要挟总统 现实中美国的能源巨头可不敢如此嚣张 现实中美国联邦政府对能源公司的监管是相当严格的 能源部对企业的日常运营有诸多法规限制 一旦出现事故 造成污染 公司会受司法部的调查 起诉 承担严重后果 2010年4月 英国石油公司钻井平台发生事故 造成墨西哥湾严重污染 美国司法部的调查至今仍未结束 除了多名直接责任人被起诉 英国石油公司截止目前已经在多宗诉讼中赔偿了422亿美元 | |
[50:37] | 美国作为世界上最大的能源消耗国 如何解决长期的能源供应 同时兼顾环境保护 一直是两党的争论焦点 共和党在能源问题上主张充分利用美国的石油资源 放松对传统能源行业的监管 民主党则推崇绿色可再生能源 同时通过立法监管对石油和煤炭企业严加限制 过去几年中 由于美国发现了大量的页岩气储备 同时开采技术有了新的突破 渴望在2020年实现”北美能源独立” 不再依靠北美以外地区的能源进口 所以在页岩气价格迅速下降的背景下 奥巴马政府主张在能源上采取”百花齐放”的政策 在推动新型能源的同时 也鼓励传统能源的发展 但是由于民主党左派一味强调环境和气候变化问题 美国传统能源行业普遍认为现政府的政策极大地束缚了行业的发展 | |
[51:07] | 由于两党在能源问题上立场相左 所以现实中的塔斯克这样的能源巨头非常注意本行业的公共形象 如果有”拉闸限电”这样的事情发生 不仅涉及的公司会被调查 在民怨沸腾的情况下 国会也极可能迅速介入 通过立法手段对整个行业加强监管 |