时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:15] | – Hey, Freddy! How ya doing? – Hey. | -你好啊 弗莱迪 最近怎样 -挺好 |
[02:17] | All right, that’s what I like to hear. | 那就好 你这么说我就安心了 |
[02:19] | – My man. – Catch you later, brother. | -谢了伙计 -改天再聊 |
[04:46] | I spoke to everyone I know at the Daily. | 日报我能联系的人都联系了 |
[04:47] | Nobody’s naming sources, but it has to be Remy. | 没人告诉我谁给的照片 但肯定是雷米 |
[04:50] | Is Galloway going on the record? | 嘉乐威要出面回应吗 |
[04:51] | He wouldn’t. Not without speaking to us first. | 不会的 他会先和我们接触 |
[04:54] | – Let’s be sure about that. – I’ll talk to Adam. | -最好确保这一点 -我这就去和亚当说 |
[04:56] | Maybe it’s smarter to avoid contact. | 也许避免和他接触会更好些 |
[04:57] | Somebody has to respond, | 总得有人出面回应 |
[04:59] | whether it’s him, or us, or both. | 不是他就是我们 或者一起回应 |
[05:00] | We have to coordinate, and do it carefully. | 我们得协调好 小心应对 |
[05:02] | Let me take care of this. | 这事交给我吧 |
[05:04] | Well, let’s just think this through. | 我们先想好了 |
[05:06] | I’ve got it covered, Francis. | 不会有问题的 弗兰西斯 |
[05:09] | Ok. | 那好 |
[05:11] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[05:12] | Head back to the office? | 还去办公室吗 |
[05:13] | I think you should work here. | 我觉得你还是在家办公比较好 |
[05:14] | We can’t avoid the press if you leave. | 你出门的话 很难躲开媒体 |
[05:15] | – All right. You hold down the fort. – Yes, sir. | -那好 你把好门 -好的 先生 |
[05:17] | And you follow Claire’s lead. | 你听克莱尔差遣 |
[05:18] | We’ll shut this down, sir. | 这事会解决的 先生 |
[05:20] | There can’t be any doubt. | 绝不能让人质疑 |
[05:21] | Let’s walk through a timeline. | 我们再过一遍时间线 |
[05:22] | – So you first met him when? -In Whitney Biennial… | -你首次见他是什么时候 -惠特尼双年展 |
[05:25] | This hurts us both. | 这事伤害了我们两个人 |
[05:26] | But it’s not my wound to suture. | 但要着手去处理的人不是我 |
[05:28] | Claire must be the surgeon. | 克莱尔必须亲自动手 |
[05:30] | Only she can stop the bleeding. | 只有她才能稳住局势 |
[05:34] | You know we got them plates in there. | 里面有盘子 |
[05:37] | All the changes you asked for. | 按你要求的改好了 |
[05:38] | Gave you five more points on the post-recoupment share. | 多给你5%的追补股份 |
[05:41] | Approval over all the marketing materials. | 营销宣传材料需要你认可 |
[05:43] | Approval over the staff hires of the flagship in Silver Spring. | 银泉旗舰店的人事也要经你认可 |
[05:49] | – So, what next? – You sign. | -接下来做什么 -签字就行 |
[05:52] | – And I get my $95,000? – By the end of the week. | -然后我九万五就到手了 -这周末吧 |
[05:55] | Just have to wire it from our main account into the LLC, | 得先把钱从主账户注入公司账户 |
[05:57] | had cash years to check for. | 还得核对账目 |
[06:00] | I want to show you this. | 我还想给你看看这个 |
[06:02] | It’s a mockup of the bottle design. | 这是酱料瓶的样品 |
[06:04] | And we already started on the concept layouts | 他们已经开始为银泉店的外观 |
[06:08] | for the Silver Spring location. | 进行概念设计了 |
[06:13] | Why’s that linoleum peeling up? | 为什么墙毡都裂开了 |
[06:15] | To make it seem real. | 追求真实感啊 |
[06:19] | I wanted it to look nicer than this. | 我希望比这漂亮些 |
[06:21] | We can scratch the peeling linoleum, | 我们可以改掉墙毡的设计 |
[06:23] | but we don’t want it to look too nice. | 但不想显得太高端 |
[06:26] | You want them white folks to feel like they slummin’ it. | 你想让白人有种体验下层生活的感觉 |
[06:29] | No, to have an authentic atmosphere. | 不 是为了营造地道的气氛 |
[06:30] | And I get to play the nigger. | 我就负责扮演黑鬼 |
[06:32] | Look, Freddy, you know how this works. | 弗莱迪 你也知道这种事 |
[06:35] | They don’t just want the ribs, | 他们不只是来吃肋排 |
[06:36] | they want the experience, | 而是要那种体验 |
[06:37] | but without having to leave the suburbs for it. | 还不用出市郊 |
[06:39] | We’re not selling candlelit dinners here. | 我们又不是卖烛光晚餐的 |
[06:42] | But I promise, | 但我保证 |
[06:43] | nothing gets built without your signing off. | 所有决策都会经过你的首肯 |
[06:56] | So, what do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么办 |
[06:57] | – I need you to deny it. – The affair? | -我要你出面否认 -否认恋情吗 |
[07:01] | The affair, taking the photograph, everything. | 恋情 照片 所有这一切 |
[07:05] | We have a public history. | 我们有公开来往的记录 |
[07:07] | I donated work for your… | 我曾捐献作品给… |
[07:08] | You can say we had a business relationship, | 你可以说那纯粹是业务往来 |
[07:11] | but that you didn’t take the picture of me in the bed. | 但你没有给我拍躺在床上的照片 |
[07:15] | It was Photoshopped. | 就说是合成的 |
[07:17] | Whatever it is you need to say. | 随便你怎么说 |
[07:20] | I’m so sorry, Claire. | 我很抱歉 克莱尔 |
[07:21] | I only have one print and it’s still here. | 我只印了一版 还在我这儿呢 |
[07:24] | You have to destroy it. | 那个你也得销毁掉 |
[07:25] | The digital file also. | 电脑存档也要删掉 |
[07:27] | But e-mail us a copy first. | 但删之前先发给我们一份 |
[07:29] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:30] | We need to make sure that there’s nothing in the image | 我们得确认照片里没有任何痕迹 |
[07:32] | that links to your studio. | 能联系到你的工作室 |
[07:34] | Whatever you think is best. | 全都听你的 |
[07:37] | Thank you, Adam. | 谢谢你 亚当 |
[07:42] | I watched you… | 我当时在看 |
[07:44] | …when you did the CNN interview. | 你接受CNN直播采访的时候 |
[07:47] | I promised myself I wouldn’t, | 我本来打定主意不看的 |
[07:49] | but I couldn’t help it. | 但我忍不住 |
[07:52] | It’s a shame it takes this for us to talk to one another. | 我们要因为这种事才说上话真是遗憾 |
[07:57] | You’re well, besides this? | 除了这事 你还好吗 |
[08:00] | Yeah. I spent three months in Colombia | 嗯 你来过之后 |
[08:03] | after you came up here to work, | 我去哥伦比亚工作了三个月 |
[08:04] | but also to get away. | 其实也是逃避 |
[08:07] | I met someone. | 我遇到了一个人 |
[08:10] | She’s from Bogotá. | 她来自波哥大 |
[08:13] | She was working with an NGO there. | 与当地非政府组织合作 |
[08:14] | Her name’s Inez. | 叫伊奈兹 |
[08:16] | She’s living with me now. | 我们同居了 |
[08:19] | That… | 真是… |
[08:21] | Things happened quickly. | 进展很快 |
[08:23] | Yeah. They did. | 是啊 确实 |
[08:28] | I should go. | 我该挂了 |
[08:29] | So I won’t talk to the press until I get instructions. | 得到指示前 我不能和媒体接触 |
[08:33] | That’s right. | 对 |
[08:36] | It’s good to hear your voice. | 能听到你的声音真好 |
[08:38] | You too. | 我也是 |
[08:46] | – You finished? – Yeah. | -打完电话了 -嗯 |
[09:12] | Crazy, right? | 真是疯狂 |
[09:13] | Smack, crack, blow. | 海洛因 可卡因 霹雳可卡因 |
[09:15] | No, thanks. | 不用 谢谢 |
[09:16] | Come on, old man. We got what you need. | 来点吧 老头 我们手里应有尽有 |
[09:18] | I don’t need anything. | 我什么都不需要 |
[09:20] | Gotta buy somethin’ if you want to get inside. | 想要进门 就得买点 |
[09:23] | Get out the way. | 别挡路 |
[09:25] | What? | 你说什么 |
[09:26] | For real. | 我认真的 |
[09:28] | You need to get the fuck on outta my way. | 你他妈的给我滚开 |
[09:32] | Just fucking with you, nigger. | 跟你闹着玩而已 黑鬼 |
[09:35] | Chill the fuck out. | 他妈的冷静点嘛 |
[09:56] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[09:57] | Your grandfather. Open up. | 你爷爷 开门 |
[10:02] | What’s your plan? | 你打算怎么办 |
[10:03] | Work from home. | 在家办公 |
[10:04] | You don’t need me dragging this circus to the White House. | 就不会把闹剧带去白宫 |
[10:06] | I mean in terms of a statement. | 我是说声明打算怎么说 |
[10:08] | We’re drafting one, short and sweet. | 我们正在起草 力求简短有力 |
[10:10] | Forgive me, Frank, but you know I have to ask. | 抱歉 弗兰克 但我必须得问 |
[10:13] | If it were true, I would tell you, sir. | 如果是真的 我会告诉你的 先生 |
[10:15] | Would you like me to go on record? | 需要我发表公开声明吗 |
[10:16] | Say I stand beside– | 说我支持你… |
[10:18] | No, no, no. I appreciate that, Mr. President, | 不不 我很感激 总统先生 |
[10:20] | but you shouldn’t dirty your hands with this sort of garbage. | 但你不该为这种烂事脏了自己的手 |
[10:23] | If the press corners you, | 如果媒体逼问 |
[10:24] | just tell them you don’t engage in gossip mongering. | 告诉他们你不会搬弄是非 |
[10:30] | Sir, it seems Mr. Galloway is about to appear on television. | 先生 嘉乐威先生好像要上电视了 |
[10:33] | Go. Let me know if there’s anything I can do. | 去吧 有需要就告诉我 |
[10:34] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[10:36] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[10:38] | I have very little to say. | 我没什么好说的 |
[10:39] | Only that I never had any romantic involvement with Claire Underwood, | 只有一点 我从没和克莱尔·安德伍德有过私情 |
[10:43] | and that I did not take the photograph printed in the DC Daily. | 也没有拍摄《特区日报》发表的照片 |
[10:47] | I’m sorry that the vice president and his wife | 很遗憾 副总统夫妇 |
[10:49] | have to go through this ridiculous ordeal. | 得面对这种荒唐的折磨 |
[10:52] | And I would ask that the media leave both my fiancée and me out of it. | 我想请媒体不要把我和未婚妻卷入此事 |
[10:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:58] | You’ll be ready in an hour? | 一小时内能准备好吗 |
[11:01] | Yes. We’ll be ready. | 嗯 会准备好的 |
[11:03] | You might want to change into something more… | 可能得换身更… |
[11:04] | – Conservative? – Yes. | -保守的衣服吗 -对 |
[11:06] | I’m gonna go throw the hounds a bone. | 我先放点口风出去 |
[11:12] | I know it’s demeaning — | 我知道这很丢人… |
[11:13] | Not another com.funword.word. | 不用再多说 |
[11:16] | I should have been more careful. | 我该更谨慎的 |
[11:18] | We’ll put this behind us, just like we’ve always done. | 这事就让它过去吧 就像以前一样 |
[11:24] | Part of me wishes… | 我其实也挺希望 |
[11:26] | What? | 什么 |
[11:29] | That you’d be more upset. | 你会更介意 |
[11:33] | Tusk came after you because of me. | 塔斯克盯上你的原因是我 |
[11:36] | It’s you who should be upset. | 你才有资格介意 |
[11:41] | Wasted energy, isn’t it? | 浪费精力 对吧 |
[11:44] | For both of us. | 对我俩来说都是 |
[11:48] | Shall we rehearse? | 要事先排练一下吗 |
[11:53] | I don’t need your help. | 我不需要你的帮助 |
[11:55] | This ain’t a handout. | 这不是施舍 |
[11:56] | You have to pay me back over time. Work for it. | 你得慢慢还给我 给我打工 |
[12:00] | Work for you? | 给你打工 |
[12:03] | I’m gonna get the house either way. | 无论如何 我都会拿到房子 |
[12:05] | Whether you choose to live in it is up to you. | 你住不住 那是你的选择 |
[12:07] | Yeah, just what I need. | 是啊 我就需要这个 |
[12:09] | You in the easy chair, | 你坐在安乐椅上 |
[12:10] | laying into me every time I come in and out the door. | 每次我进门出门都对我冷嘲热讽 |
[12:12] | The place is for you and DeShawn. | 房子是给你和杜肖恩的 |
[12:13] | I’m gonna be at my own apartment. | 我住我自己的公寓 |
[12:17] | You sure this nigga ain’t just sellin’ you smoke? | 你确定那黑鬼不是在骗你吗 |
[12:19] | Says it right in the contract, 95 Gs no matter what. | 白纸黑字写在合同里 怎样都有九万五 |
[12:26] | I don’t know, man. | 我不确定 |
[12:29] | Five years I don’t see you, | 五年没见 |
[12:32] | then you come knocking on the door, talking about you got 95 Gs– | 现在却跑过来 说你弄到了九万五 |
[12:33] | Your choice. | 是你的选择 |
[12:34] | You didn’t want me to visit you no more in jail | 你不想再让我去监狱里见你 |
[12:36] | and you sure didn’t want to see me after you got out — | 你出来之后也不想见… |
[12:38] | I still don’t want to see you. | 我还是不想见你 |
[12:39] | Well, here I am. | 我已经站在这里了 |
[12:41] | Get the fuck outta here, old man. | 滚出去 老家伙 |
[12:45] | You listen to me, boy. | 听我说 孩子 |
[12:49] | I never had nothing to give you. | 我一直没什么可以给你 |
[12:51] | I didn’t have no money, and you didn’t want whatever I had. | 我没有钱 我有的你也不想要 |
[12:55] | But we talking about a house. | 但这可是一栋房子 |
[12:58] | DeShawn deserves to live better | 杜肖恩应该住在一个 |
[13:01] | – than in a place like this. – This ain’t about him. | -比这里更好的地方 -这不是为了他 |
[13:03] | It’s about you. | 而是为了你 |
[13:07] | You know where to find me. | 你知道去哪里找我 |
[13:11] | See you, kid. | 再见 孩子 |
[13:17] | Less than 30 minutes. | 还有不到30分钟 |
[13:18] | Are they going to deny? | 他们要否认吗 |
[13:19] | I’m gonna let the Vice President and his wife speak for themselves. | 让副总统和夫人自己来说 |
[13:21] | Have they been in contact with Mr. Galloway? | 他们跟嘉乐威先生有联络吗 |
[13:24] | No, they haven’t. | 不 没有 |
[13:25] | Why has it taken them a full day to respond. | 为什么他们过了一整天才做出回应 |
[13:27] | I’m sure you can understand that | 我相信你们肯定可以理解 |
[13:28] | they wanted to consult with legal counsel first | 他们想先就诽谤与污蔑问题 |
[13:30] | regarding defamation and slander. | 咨询法律顾问 |
[13:32] | You’re saying they will deny the affair. | 你是说他们要否认这段婚外情 |
[13:34] | I’m saying they’ll be out here in 30 minutes | 我是说他们30分钟之内就会出来 |
[13:35] | and you can quote them instead of me. | 你们可以引述他们的话而不是我的 |
[13:37] | Thank you all very much for your patience. | 谢谢你们的耐心 |
[13:39] | I hate this. | 真是恨死这个了 |
[13:41] | What, waiting? | 什么 等待吗 |
[13:42] | No, the affair. It’s bullshit. | 不 婚外情 都是狗屁 |
[13:45] | I feel like a tabloid hack. | 我觉得自己就像个小报狗仔 |
[13:47] | You’d rather be stuck at the White House all day? | 你宁愿整天被困在白宫那边吗 |
[13:51] | Fuck this. | 去他的 |
[13:53] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[13:54] | To do something meaningful with my time. | 用我的宝贵时间做点有意义的事 |
[14:00] | Hey, I need you to book me a flight to St. Louis. | 你好 帮我订一张飞往圣路易斯的机票 |
[14:03] | Tonight, if you can find something. | 如果可以的话最好是今晚 |
[14:16] | No Q&A, so don’t even try. | 没有问答环节 别费心提问了 |
[14:18] | Behave yourselves, people. | 请大家规矩一点 |
[14:24] | I find it very painful | 竟然有人怀疑 |
[14:26] | that anyone would suggest | 我对我深爱的丈夫 |
[14:29] | I’m capable of being unfaithful to my husband, | 会有不忠行为 |
[14:32] | whom I love dearly. | 这让我感到非常痛心 |
[14:35] | I’ve known Adam Galloway for years. | 我与亚当·嘉乐威已相识多年 |
[14:38] | We both have. | 我们都认识他很多年了 |
[14:39] | When I ran the Clean Water Initiative, | 我负责净水计划时 |
[14:40] | I commissioned him to do a series of photographs | 曾委托他为营销活动 |
[14:43] | for the marketing campaign. | 拍摄了一系列摄影作品 |
[14:44] | And he was extremely generous by donating work | 而他也极为慷慨地为我们的筹款拍卖会 |
[14:47] | for our fund-raising auctions. | 捐赠了自己的作品 |
[14:50] | So I’m not sure why he would deny taking the photograph. | 所以我不知道他为什么要否认拍摄过这张照片 |
[14:56] | I love Adam’s work, so I asked him to take this portrait. | 我喜欢亚当的作品 所以让他拍了这幅肖像 |
[15:01] | We did it here, at the house. | 我们在这里拍的 就在这栋房子里 |
[15:03] | Francis was there during the shoot. | 拍摄时弗兰西斯就在旁边 |
[15:05] | It was a birthday present. | 这是一份生日礼物 |
[15:07] | Claire asked me what sort of portrait I wanted, | 克莱尔问我想要什么样的肖像 |
[15:09] | and I said I want one of her sleeping, | 我说就拍她睡着的样子吧 |
[15:12] | because she’s so very beautiful when she’s sleeping. | 因为她睡着的时候非常美 |
[15:15] | It hangs in my office on the second floor. | 照片就挂在我二楼的办公室里 |
[15:17] | They’re fucking lying. | 他们在说谎 |
[15:20] | So I can only assume | 所以我只能猜测 |
[15:21] | that Adam was intimidated by the media attention, | 亚当被媒体的关注吓到了 |
[15:25] | and he needed to distance himself. | 所以想撇清关系 |
[15:27] | What? | 什么 |
[15:28] | But really, all we have here | 但真相其实就是 |
[15:29] | is a very talented photographer | 他是一位才华横溢的摄影师 |
[15:32] | and a prized possession. | 而这是一幅我们很喜爱的作品 |
[15:34] | Thank you all very much. | 非常感谢你们 |
[15:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[15:37] | Because it would’ve seemed too clean otherwise, like we were– | 因为那样看上去就太清白了 好像我们… |
[15:40] | You made me look like an idiot. | 你让我丢尽了脸 |
[15:44] | If we had the same story, | 如果我们说法一致 |
[15:46] | the media would assume we were coordinating. | 媒体会认为我们是串通好了 |
[15:49] | It needed to look messier. | 必须乱一些 |
[15:51] | This was supposed to go away, Claire. | 这事本该结束的 克莱尔 |
[15:52] | I’ve got twice as much press outside the building now. | 但现在我楼外的记者多了一倍 |
[15:55] | Adam… | 亚当 |
[15:56] | I’ve gotta keep the lights off | 我不得不把灯都关上 |
[15:57] | ’cause they’re on the roof across the street, trying to film us inside. | 因为他们在对面楼顶上 想要拍我们 |
[16:00] | You just need to confirm that you took the photo for us. | 你只需要证实照片是你为我们拍摄的 |
[16:04] | Confirm our version. | 证实我们的说法 |
[16:07] | Say you lied because you were scared. | 说你说谎是因为你害怕了 |
[16:08] | I don’t know why you didn’t just tell me | 我不明白你为什么不事先 |
[16:09] | this is what you were intending to do. | 把你要做的告诉我 |
[16:11] | Because I know you, and you would’ve refused. | 因为我了解你 你会拒绝的 |
[16:13] | You have too much pride. | 你自尊心太强了 |
[16:17] | I don’t want to speak to the press again. | 我不想再面对媒体了 |
[16:20] | Listen. | 听着 |
[16:21] | If you say nothing, | 如果你什么都不说 |
[16:22] | they’re not going to leave you alone. | 他们不会放过你的 |
[16:24] | They will just camp out for weeks on end– | 他们会在外面守上几星期 |
[16:26] | This is… it feels wrong, Claire. | 这…我觉得这样不对 克莱尔 |
[16:28] | It feels… | 我觉得… |
[16:29] | I’m sorry I lied. | 抱歉我说谎了 |
[16:32] | I wasn’t trying to be manipulative– | 我并不是想摆布你 |
[16:35] | I have to go. | 我要挂了 |
[16:36] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[16:39] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[16:43] | I think he’ll do the right thing. | 我觉得他会想通的 |
[16:46] | I don’t know. I hope so. | 不清楚 但愿吧 |
[16:50] | Cigarette? | 要来支烟吗 |
[16:54] | No. I’m gonna turn in. | 不用了 我去睡了 |
[16:55] | Wake me if he goes on TV. | 他上电视了叫我 |
[17:09] | – Sir. – Doug, | -先生 -道格 |
[17:11] | why don’t you and Seth come over? | 你和赛斯过来一下 |
[17:13] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[17:16] | Should we consider a lawsuit against the paper? | 要不要考虑起诉这家报纸 |
[17:18] | Show we won’t tolerate this sort of gossip? | 表明我们不容忍这种八卦 |
[17:21] | They won’t settle. | 他们不会和解的 |
[17:22] | They’ll fight it in the courts because it’ll generate more news. | 他们乐意上法庭 这样能制造更多新闻 |
[17:24] | And what about the president? | 总统那儿呢 |
[17:25] | He offered to say something. | 他提出要表个态 |
[17:26] | Draws more attention. | 这样热度就更高了 |
[17:27] | President isn’t a bad idea, | 总统发话不是个坏主意 |
[17:29] | if we phrase a statement for him. | 只要我们帮他起草讲话稿 |
[17:30] | He becomes the headline | 如果他成了头条新闻 |
[17:31] | and we can’t control his press operation. | 我们控制不了他的媒体策略 |
[17:33] | But if we coordinate with them, it shouldn’t — | 但如果我们和他们协调好 就不会… |
[17:34] | Coordination looks bad. | 协调会让人生疑 |
[17:35] | So it’s your job to conceal it. | 所以你得让人看不出痕迹啊 |
[17:37] | If Seth doesn’t think the president should make a comment, | 如果赛斯觉得总统的讲话有弊无利 |
[17:40] | then we should defer to his judgment. | 我们就相信他的判断吧 |
[17:42] | I’m gonna go get another beer. | 我再去拿瓶啤酒 |
[17:43] | I can go grab you one. | 我帮你去拿吧 |
[17:44] | No. I feel like stretching my legs. | 不用 我正想活动下手脚 |
[17:45] | Doug, diet Coke? | 道格 来杯健怡可乐 |
[17:46] | I’m fine, thank you, sir. | 不用了 谢谢 先生 |
[17:47] | Seth, a beer? | 赛斯 来瓶啤酒 |
[17:48] | I have to drive, but thanks. | 我还得开车 谢了 |
[17:49] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[17:57] | Watch yourself. | 你给我小心点 |
[17:59] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[18:01] | Connor was an easy target, | 康纳很容易扳倒 |
[18:02] | but I’m not going anywhere. | 但我可不是 |
[18:05] | Look, doug, I’m grateful just to be here. | 道格 能有这位置我已经很满意了 |
[18:07] | You think I’ve survived with the vice president | 我在副总统身边这么久 |
[18:08] | so long by being blind? | 你这点小花招还看不出来 |
[18:11] | Upward mobility has a ceiling with the Underwoods. | 给他们工作的晋升空间是有上限的 |
[18:14] | I’m the ceiling. | 我就是上限 |
[18:16] | Understood. | 懂了 |
[18:19] | What else have you got on them? | 你手里还有他们什么把柄 |
[18:21] | Nothing. | 没了 |
[18:22] | You fork over the journal without a backup plan for a rainy day? | 你交出日记的时候没留一手吗 |
[18:25] | I don’t think so. | 我不相信 |
[18:26] | I had one hand and I played it. | 我有什么牌就出什么牌 |
[18:27] | I don’t press my luck. | 我不会冒险 |
[18:29] | You can’t expect me to believe you. | 你不会指望我会相信吧 |
[18:30] | I don’t. | 我没指望 |
[18:32] | I wouldn’t if I were you. | 换做我是你我也不相信 |
[18:34] | But I’m telling the truth. | 但我说的是实话 |
[18:39] | A little sibling rivalry isn’t such a bad thing, | 兄弟间的小斗争不是什么坏事 |
[18:41] | especially between adopted boys. | 特别是在养子之间 |
[18:43] | They either push each other | 他们要么彼此施压 |
[18:45] | to be the best versions of themselves, | 两人都更上一层楼 |
[18:46] | or one of them gets booted back to the orphanage. | 要么其中一人被踢回孤儿院 |
[18:50] | You’re in my house. | 在我家 |
[18:51] | You drink if I drink. | 我喝你们也得喝 |
[18:53] | One Diet Coke for you, and one beer for you. | 你的健怡可乐 你的啤酒 |
[18:57] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[19:00] | Oh, darling, what a mess. | 亲爱的 真是一团糟 |
[19:02] | Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[19:04] | How are you holding up? | 你们还撑得住吗 |
[19:06] | The press have been harassing us the past two days. | 媒体接连骚扰了我们两天 |
[19:09] | we barely made it out of the building without being trampled. | 我们好不容易离开公寓 差点被他们踩死 |
[19:11] | Oh, how awful. | 太可怕了 |
[19:12] | You said someone was here to see me? | 你说这儿有人要见我 |
[19:14] | He’s in my office. | 他在我办公室 |
[19:15] | Did he tell you who he was? | 他告诉你他是谁了吗 |
[19:16] | I didn’t want to say over the phone. | 我不想在电话里说 |
[19:17] | You never know, these days. | 这世道什么都说不准 |
[19:19] | He says he used to work for the Underwoods. | 他说他以前为安德伍德夫妇工作 |
[19:30] | – Who? – Your assistant. | -是谁 -你的助理 |
[19:32] | – No, she would never– – She would and she did. | -不 她不会… -她会 她做了 |
[19:35] | Why are you doing this? | 你有什么目的 |
[19:36] | Not me. | 不是我 |
[19:37] | The man I work for. | 是我的老板 |
[19:38] | And who is that? | 他是谁 |
[19:39] | That doesn’t concern you. | 这与你无关 |
[19:41] | This is my life you’re fucking with. | 你是在搅和我的生活 |
[19:43] | You and I are just pawns, Mr. Galloway. | 你和我都只是小卒 嘉乐威先生 |
[19:46] | You should leave. | 你走吧 |
[19:47] | We need more… | 我们需要更多信息… |
[19:48] | …to prove the affair happened. | 来证明这事发生过 |
[19:50] | Another photograph. | 另一张照片 |
[19:51] | Thirty seconds, you better be out the door. | 给你30秒 走出这扇门 |
[19:52] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪也不去 |
[19:57] | You recognize the country code? | 认识这个国家区号吗 |
[20:02] | And the city code is Bogotá. | 城市区号是波哥大的 |
[20:06] | Is it still ringing? | 还没人接听吗 |
[20:13] | Marshall! | 马歇尔 |
[20:14] | Hey, pops. | 老爹 |
[20:19] | Man, never seen it like this before. | 老天 从没见这里这么火 |
[20:22] | The line’s down the block. | 队都排到街上了 |
[20:24] | Something else, ain’t it? | 挺壮观 是吧 |
[20:26] | Looks like you could use some help. | 看来你需要人帮忙 |
[20:30] | Got a extra apron in the back. | 后厨还有条围裙 |
[20:40] | Let’s go! | 干活儿了 |
[20:42] | She refuses to leave the lobby. | 她赖在门厅不肯走 |
[20:45] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么 |
[20:46] | Ayla Sayyad, Wall Street Telegraph. | 艾拉·萨伊德 《华尔街电讯报》的 |
[20:49] | She’s part of the Vice President’s press corps. | 她是副总统的记者团成员 |
[20:53] | Oh, yeah. | 这样啊 |
[20:56] | Send her up. | 叫她上来吧 |
[20:58] | I appreciate it, tricia, but I’m fine. | 多谢你了 特莉莎 我没事 |
[21:01] | This whole thing will blow over in a day or so, | 这件事闹个一两天也就过去了 |
[21:04] | and I’ll… | 那时我再 |
[21:05] | Can you hold on one second? | 你能稍等下吗 |
[21:07] | The Daily. They called for a comment. | 《日报》来电 他们要你发表评论 |
[21:10] | Did Adam speak with them? | 亚当和他们谈过了吗 |
[21:12] | Yes, but not what we told him to say. | 谈过了 但不是按我们的要求说的 |
[21:13] | He sent them this. | 他把这个发给报社了 |
[21:17] | Tricia, can I call you back? | 特莉莎 我能过会儿再打给你吗 |
[21:19] | – Is that you? – No. | -这是你吗 -不是 |
[21:21] | Because he’s saying it is. | 但他说这就是你 |
[21:26] | – It might be. – Mrs. Underwood. | -可能是 -安德伍德夫人 |
[21:28] | I mean, it could be, yes. | 有可能是 没错 |
[21:31] | It probably is. | 应该是 |
[21:33] | I asked you about any vulnerabilities. | 我特地问过你还有没有别的把柄 |
[21:38] | I didn’t know he took this. | 我不知道他拍了这张 |
[21:41] | You have short hair in the picture. | 照片里你留着短发 |
[21:44] | You said it ended over two years ago. | 你说过恋情两年前就断了 |
[21:46] | Well, I visited him last fall. | 我去年秋天去过他那儿 |
[21:49] | Does anyone else know? Did anyone see you there? | 还有别人知道吗 有谁在那儿见到过你吗 |
[21:50] | He had friends over, to his apartment. | 他请朋友去过他的公寓 |
[21:54] | Christ. | 我的天 |
[21:55] | But we’ve said that he’s a friend. | 但我们说过他是位朋友了 |
[21:57] | There’s nothing wrong with me visiting him, being at a party. | 我去拜访他 参加聚会没什么问题 |
[22:01] | There is if this photo is on the front page of the Daily. | 等这照片上了《日报》的头版就有问题了 |
[22:08] | Politics and business are intertwined in China, | 在中国 政治和生意是纠缠不清的 |
[22:10] | as I’m sure you know. | 想必你知道这一点 |
[22:12] | It’s not uncommon to partner | 为了确保中央政府的许可 |
[22:14] | with someone who can ensure Beijing’s approval. | 结交有门路的合作伙伴很正常 |
[22:17] | So you needed his political influence. | 就是说你需要他的政治影响力 |
[22:20] | All this is moot. | 费尽心机 |
[22:22] | Our venture fell through. | 我们的合作还是泡汤了 |
[22:23] | Right after the Port Jefferson Bridge was approved. | 就在杰斐逊港大桥获批之后 |
[22:26] | I had nothing to do with that project. | 我和那项工程没有任何关系 |
[22:29] | Neither did Feng, to my knowledge. | 据我所知 冯也没有 |
[22:31] | No, but Wu Bin Yang did. | 是没有 但是吴彬阳投了资 |
[22:34] | He’s Feng’s biggest rival in Beijing. | 他是冯在北京的主要竞争对手 |
[22:37] | It looks like I shouldn’t be schooling you on Chinese politics. | 看来我没资格给你上中国政治课了 |
[22:41] | You know far more than I. | 你比我了解的多啊 |
[22:44] | You used the com.funword.word “Intertwined.” | 你用了”纠缠不清”这个词 |
[22:47] | That’s the sense I’m getting from all of this. | 这正是我对整件事的感受 |
[22:49] | The samarium subsidy, the Chinese refinery, the bridge, | 核能补贴 中国精炼厂 大桥工程 |
[22:53] | your friendship with the President… | 以及你和总统的关系 |
[22:54] | Who sent you? | 谁派你来的 |
[22:55] | Who sent me? | 什么派我来 |
[22:58] | When you’re as rich as I am, | 财富积累到我这种程度 |
[22:59] | you’re always a target. | 就总得提防明枪暗箭 |
[23:01] | Nobody sent me. | 我自己找来的 |
[23:03] | You’re here… | 但是你坐在这儿 |
[23:05] | in St. Louis. | 在圣路易斯采访 |
[23:07] | Instead of covering the vice president and his wife. | 而不是去报道副总统夫妇的丑闻 |
[23:10] | My gut says there’s more to Xander Feng than has been reported. | 我觉得冯山德背后还有更多隐情 |
[23:14] | – Yeah. – It’s a far better use of my time | -是吗 -把时间花在这上面 |
[23:16] | than reporting on tabloid sex scandals. | 比报道什么八卦性丑闻更值得 |
[23:20] | It’s not real news. | 那不是真正的新闻 |
[23:24] | You miss Tehran. | 你怀念德黑兰了吧 |
[23:26] | I read some of your work while you were in the waiting area. | 你在下面等待时 我读了几篇你的文章 |
[23:31] | – It started to get too dangerous. – Yeah. | -那里越来越危险了 -可不是 |
[23:33] | Not the best place to be | 那种环境不适合 |
[23:34] | when you want to get married and start a family. | 结婚成家 生儿育女 |
[23:36] | Or if you’re Jewish. | 或者犹太人 |
[23:39] | That, too. | 也对 |
[23:40] | My wife got this for me when she visited there, | 我太太去那儿旅游时给我买了这个回来 |
[23:44] | before the revolution. | 那是在伊斯兰革命之前 |
[23:47] | It’s beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[23:47] | 16th century. | 16世纪的古董 |
[23:49] | It, um, broke when it was being shipped, | 托运回国的时候被弄碎了 |
[23:53] | into a thousand pieces. | 摔得粉碎 |
[23:55] | It took specialists over a year to restore it. | 好几名专家花了一年多才修复如初 |
[24:01] | Here, I want you to have it. | 给 我希望你能收下 |
[24:04] | I can’t accept gifts. | 我不能接受你的礼物 |
[24:05] | No, no. Not as a gift. | 不不 这不是礼物 |
[24:07] | No. As a reminder of how hard it can be to | 只是给你提个醒 |
[24:11] | put something back together again once it’s been crushed. | 有些东西一旦碎了 再拼起来就难了 |
[24:16] | If you’re going to threaten me, | 你要是想威胁我的话 |
[24:17] | you don’t have to go to the trouble of veiling it. | 完全不用这么兜圈子 |
[24:21] | I don’t usually do interviews with reporters. | 我一般不接受记者采访 |
[24:24] | They’re parasites. | 他们就是寄生虫 |
[24:25] | Usually interested in just finding a way to knock me down a peg. | 大都一心琢磨怎么想办法打击我 |
[24:30] | Invariably, | 自然而然 |
[24:32] | what they write is inaccurate. | 他们写的东西都不准确 |
[24:34] | And when that happens, | 如果他们不如实写 |
[24:35] | I have no choice but to retaliate. | 我就不得不反击了 |
[24:43] | America can be just as dangerous as Iran, ms. Sayyad. | 美国也可以像伊朗一样危险 萨伊德小姐 |
[24:56] | Thank you for your time, mr. Tusk. | 谢谢你抽时间见我 塔斯克先生 |
[24:59] | Travel safe back to Washington. | 回华盛顿的路上注意安全 |
[25:12] | Get Remy on the line. | 给雷米打电话 |
[25:17] | Remy’s on line two. | 雷米在二线 |
[25:19] | Remy. | 雷米 |
[25:20] | Let’s not hold back on the other thing. | 我们不要再留后手了 |
[25:22] | Hit ’em again, and hit ’em now. | 再次打击他 现在就执行 |
[25:26] | Best day yet. | 收益最好的一天 |
[25:28] | You gotta get a safe or something. | 你得弄个保险箱什么的 |
[25:30] | Or maybe one of those, uh, pickup services. | 或者让银行上门收存款什么的 |
[25:33] | That’s too much money to be carrying around at night. | 晚上带这么多钱走路太危险了 |
[25:35] | I can handle myself. | 我自己能应付 |
[25:36] | There ain’t nobody can handle a Glock to the face. | 你对着枪口还怎么应付 |
[25:39] | Unless you got one yourself. | 除非你自己有一把 |
[25:42] | My days of packin’ are long gone. | 我早就不带家伙了 |
[25:49] | There. Take mine. | 来 拿我的 |
[25:52] | I got one at home. | 我家里还有一把 |
[25:56] | What the fuck you doin’ bringin’ that thing in here? | 你把那东西带到这里来干什么 |
[25:57] | Oh, it’s just for protection, man. | 只是为了安全 |
[25:59] | I don’t know what you doing with it anyway. | 我都不知道你为什么要有枪 |
[26:01] | What about your parole? | 你的假释条例怎么办 |
[26:03] | I’m a lot more worried about niggas in my building | 比起假释官我更担心 |
[26:05] | than some parole officer. | 我家楼里的黑鬼们 |
[26:06] | All right, sit down. | 好了 坐下 |
[26:07] | See, man? This is what I’m talkin’ about, man. | 你瞧 我说的就是这个 |
[26:10] | You being all righteous and judgin’ me and shit. | 你自以为是地评价我 |
[26:12] | Do me a favor and just sit down. Sit down now. | 给我个面子 坐下 现在坐下 |
[26:26] | Look. | 听着 |
[26:29] | We got us a good thing, potentially. | 我们可能遇到件好事 |
[26:33] | Maybe nothing comes of it, but maybe something does. | 可能最终没有结果 也可能会有好结果 |
[26:36] | If the joint works out, | 如果连锁店成功 |
[26:38] | maybe one day you could be the manager. | 或许有一天你能当经理 |
[26:39] | Shit, if it blows up, | 如果真的火起来 |
[26:41] | you could run the whole fucking franchise. | 你能去经营整个连锁店 |
[26:43] | But that means you gotta be careful. | 但那意味着你得小心点 |
[26:46] | That means you cannot be sent back inside. | 你不能再被抓回去了 |
[26:50] | We gotta follow the rules. | 我们得遵纪守法 |
[26:54] | Hear me? | 听懂了吗 |
[26:59] | All right. | 好吧 |
[26:59] | You gonna get rid of that thing? | 你会处理掉那东西吗 |
[27:02] | Yeah. | 会的 |
[27:05] | All right. | 那就好 |
[27:07] | Now that’s what’s being a man. | 这才像个男人 |
[27:16] | I’ll need you to cut it. | 我需要你剪短头发 |
[27:18] | How short? | 多短 |
[27:22] | This short. | 这么短 |
[27:24] | I have a modeling career. | 我还要做模特呢 |
[27:26] | If I cut it that short– | 如果我剪那么短 |
[27:26] | If you actually had a modeling career, | 如果你真有模特工作 |
[27:28] | I would be speaking to your agency, | 我就会在和你经纪人谈 |
[27:31] | and not sitting in your apartment. | 而不是坐在你的公寓里 |
[27:33] | Do you want this job or not? | 你到底想不想要这份工作 |
[27:36] | OK, yeah. | 好吧 |
[27:37] | I can cut it. | 我可以剪短 |
[27:39] | All right. | 好的 |
[27:41] | And before we go to the studio, | 在我们去摄影棚之前 |
[27:42] | I need to see how well-spoken you are. | 我需要知道你是否口齿清楚 |
[27:46] | Why does that matter? | 这有什么关系 |
[27:48] | Because you’re gonna be on every news channel in America. | 因为你会出现在全美所有的新闻频道上 |
[27:52] | Wait. What’s this for? | 等等 这是怎么回事 |
[27:56] | Read this. Those exact words. | 读出这个 一字不差 |
[28:04] | Read ’em. | 读出来 |
[28:05] | If you’re good, you’ll memorize them. | 如果你有本事 就该背出来 |
[28:10] | My name is Stephanie Daldry. | 我的名字是斯特芬妮·道瑞 |
[28:14] | I am a professional model. | 我是一个职业模特 |
[28:16] | Freddy Hayes was convicted in 1982 | 弗莱迪·海耶斯因在哥伦比亚高地 |
[28:19] | for sticking up a convenience store in Columbia Heights. | 抢劫一家便利店 而于1982年被定罪 |
[28:22] | During a high-speed pursuit, | 在高速追捕中 |
[28:23] | Hayes lost control and crashed into another vehicle, | 海耶斯失控撞向另一辆车 |
[28:26] | killing an elderly couple. | 导致一对老夫妇死亡 |
[28:29] | He avoided manslaughter charges | 他对持械抢劫认罪 |
[28:30] | by pleading guilty to armed robbery. | 以免受过失杀人的起诉 |
[28:32] | He served nine years. | 他服刑九年 |
[28:35] | In 1992 he opened Freddy’s BBQ Joint, | 1992年他开了弗莱迪烧烤餐馆 |
[28:39] | a small restaurant specializing in ribs, | 一家专做肋排的小餐馆 |
[28:42] | frequented by Vice President Frank Underwood. | 副总统弗兰克·安德伍德是那里的常客 |
[28:46] | Did you know? | 你知道吗 |
[28:48] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我不知道 |
[28:50] | You think it’s Tusk? | 你认为是塔斯克 |
[28:51] | Who else? | 还能是谁 |
[28:55] | Who are you texting? | 你在给谁发短信 |
[28:57] | Seth. | 赛斯 |
[29:06] | All I want to do is make a short statement. | 我想发布一份简短声明 |
[29:09] | Freddy did his time. | 弗莱迪已经服过刑了 |
[29:10] | He’s been an upstanding citizen for 20 years. | 他20年来一直遵纪守法 |
[29:12] | He’s a convicted felon who killed two senior citizens. | 他是个杀死两位老人的重罪犯 |
[29:16] | By accident. | 是意外 |
[29:17] | Well, that’s beside the point. | 那并不是重点 |
[29:18] | I am not gonna hang him out to dry. | 我不能不管他 |
[29:20] | If the Galloway story wasn’t happening, | 如果没有嘉乐威的事 |
[29:22] | I’d say it’s fine. | 我认为这可以 |
[29:23] | But it’s too risky right now. | 但现在太冒险了 |
[29:25] | Think of how this is shaping up. | 想想这看起来像什么样 |
[29:27] | A vice president whose wife cheats on him | 一个戴绿帽子 |
[29:28] | and who is friendly with a former gang-banger? | 还和前罪犯做朋友的副总统 |
[29:31] | There is no way you win standing up for this guy. | 你维护他不会有好结果 |
[29:35] | He’s about to start a franchise. | 他马上要开连锁店了 |
[29:36] | I will not have it jeopardized | 我不容许这事告吹 |
[29:37] | because Tusk decides to come after — | 就因为塔斯克决定针对… |
[29:38] | Is more than just Freddy, sir. | 这不单是弗莱迪的问题 先生 |
[29:40] | I did some digging. | 我做过调查 |
[29:41] | His son did time for narcotics, trafficking, distribution– | 他儿子因运毒和贩毒坐过牢 |
[29:45] | I’ve never met his son. | 我没见过他儿子 |
[29:46] | Let’s hold off and tackle– | 这件事再缓缓 先解决 |
[29:48] | No. I want you to organize a press avail tomorrow morning. | 不 明早安排我跟记者见一下面 |
[29:50] | Have Freddy brought over here. | 派人接弗莱迪过来 |
[29:51] | Bring him through the back. | 从后门进 |
[29:53] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[29:57] | I won’t leave one of my own bleeding on the field. | 我不会对自己人见死不救 |
[30:05] | If you’re gonna have the Washington Redskins, | 如果是华盛顿红人队 |
[30:07] | then you’re gonna have to have the New York Knickers. | 那对手必须是纽约尼克斯队 |
[30:10] | Pops, you ain’t even deep like that. | 老爸 你完全弄错了 |
[30:13] | Yo, back off, man. | 走开 伙计 |
[30:15] | Back the fuck off. | 都他妈滚开 |
[30:16] | Darnell, just ignore them. | 达奈尔 别理他们就好 |
[30:17] | You think I’m fucking around? | 你当我在开玩笑吗 |
[30:18] | Darnell, ignore them! Ignore ’em. | 达奈尔 别理他们 |
[30:20] | They can’t take our pictures if we don’t want them to. | 我们不想被拍 他们就不能拍 |
[30:22] | Sure as hell can. | 老子当然能 |
[30:23] | What you say? | 你说什么 |
[30:24] | The First fuckin’ Amendment. | 第一修正案 |
[30:26] | You gonna read me the constitution now, motherfucker? | 你他妈要给我讲宪法吗 |
[30:28] | Come on, Darnell. Let’s just go on inside. | 行了 达奈尔 我们进去吧 |
[30:29] | Nah, nah, I ain’t done with this asshole. | 不行 我和这混蛋还没完 |
[30:30] | Hey, don’t touch me. | 别碰我 |
[30:32] | But you can get all up in my face | 你能威胁我 |
[30:33] | but I can’t get up in yours? | 我却不能威胁你吗 |
[30:34] | Listen to your daddy and chill out. | 听你老爸的话 冷静点 |
[30:35] | Darnell, let’s go. | 达奈尔 我们走吧 |
[30:36] | Don’t push me. | 别逼我 |
[30:37] | I will fuck you up. | 小心我揍你 |
[30:38] | You think I’m scared of you? | 你以为我怕你吗 |
[30:40] | You scared of this? | 怕这个吗 |
[30:41] | Darnell! Parole! | 达奈尔 你的保释 |
[30:50] | Can you tell me your name, please? | 能告诉我你的名字吗 |
[30:52] | Stephanie Daldry. | 斯特芬妮·道瑞 |
[30:53] | I’m a professional model. | 我是一名职业模特 |
[30:55] | And this is you in this photo on the right? | 右边照片里的人是你吗 |
[30:58] | Yes, that’s correct. | 没错 |
[30:59] | We shot this photo yesterday with Ms. Daldry. | 道瑞小姐的这张照是昨天拍的 |
[31:01] | So you’re suggesting that Mr. Galloway’s photo is a fake? | 你是说嘉乐威先生的照片是假的吗 |
[31:05] | I don’t know anything about professional photography, | 我对专业摄影一无所知 |
[31:07] | I’m just a flack. | 我只是个做宣传的 |
[31:08] | But if we can create a fake in less than 24 hours, | 但如果我们都能在24小时内伪造照片 |
[31:11] | I think an expert photographer like Adam Galloway– | 像亚当·嘉乐威那样的专业摄影师… |
[31:14] | Those are serious allegations, | 这指控相当严重 |
[31:15] | especially given that Mr. Galloway vehemently denies it. | 特别是在嘉乐威先生极力否认的情况下 |
[31:19] | I’m not surprised he’s denying. | 我对他的否认并不意外 |
[31:21] | Ultimately, though, it’s gonna be your com.funword.word against his. | 不过最后就是你们两人对质了 |
[31:23] | Not my com.funword.word. | 不是我 |
[31:25] | The vice president of the United States’. | 是美国的副总统 |
[31:26] | It’s his com.funword.word versus that of a potentially troubled man. | 他和一个可能有问题的人的对质 |
[31:29] | Troubled? | 有问题 |
[31:30] | Potentially. | 可能 |
[31:31] | Or maybe he has a motive. | 或许他是有动机的 |
[31:33] | What motive could Mr. Galloway possibly have for a fake photo? | 嘉乐威先生会有什么造假的动机呢 |
[31:37] | What would he get out of it? | 他能从中得到什么 |
[31:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:40] | My job is to separate fact from fiction, | 我的工作是区分事实和虚构 |
[31:42] | just like yours is, Candy. | 这点和你一样 坎迪 |
[31:43] | But maybe fact and fiction | 但或许对搞艺术的人来说 |
[31:45] | don’t matter as much to the artistic sensibility. | 事实和虚构不那么重要 |
[31:47] | Maybe the lines are blurred for him. | 或许他分得不那么清楚 |
[31:49] | This is not a man who stages fictitious scenarios. | 他并不拍摄虚构的作品 |
[31:53] | Like I said, the art stuff, it’s over my head. | 刚才也说了 我不懂艺术 |
[31:56] | And you may be right. | 或许你是对的 |
[31:57] | But I would hate to think | 但我不愿相信 |
[31:58] | that Mr. Galloway was doing this just for publicity. | 嘉乐威先生这么做仅仅是为了炒作 |
[32:01] | You think it’s a publicity stunt. | 你认为这是炒作 |
[32:02] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[32:04] | Sir? | 先生 |
[32:04] | Is Freddy on his way? | 弗莱迪在路上了吗 |
[32:06] | There was an incident with his son. | 他儿子出事了 |
[32:09] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[32:09] | He’s in custody for threatening a photographer with a firearm. | 他因持枪威胁摄像师被警方拘留 |
[32:14] | Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[32:16] | Where is Freddy now? | 弗莱迪现在在哪 |
[32:17] | He’s at home. | 他在家 |
[32:18] | I have to go see him. | 我得去看他 |
[32:20] | That’s the projects, sir. | 那里是贫困住宅区 |
[32:21] | I don’t care, you figure it out, | 我不管 你看着办 |
[32:22] | and the press can’t know. | 而且不能让媒体知道 |
[32:24] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[32:27] | Francis, you know I love Freddy… | 弗兰西斯 我也很喜欢弗莱迪 |
[32:29] | I’m going. | 我一定要去 |
[32:30] | Freddy is dangerous because you care too much. | 弗莱迪很危险 因为你太在乎了 |
[32:33] | When we care too much, it blinds us. | 太过在乎 会使人盲目 |
[32:35] | What Tusk did is cheap. | 塔斯克的做法太卑鄙了 |
[32:37] | And you’re letting it get to you, which is exactly what he wants. | 但你却让这事影响到你 这正是他的目的 |
[32:39] | If I ignore this, if I do nothing– | 如果我视而不见 无所作为 |
[32:41] | It’s not nothing. | 这不是无所作为 |
[32:42] | Staying focused requires strength. | 保持专注也需要力量 |
[32:55] | You want me to make something? | 要我给你做点什么吗 |
[32:57] | You go ahead. I’m not hungry. | 你吃吧 我不饿 |
[33:00] | You should eat. | 你得吃点 |
[33:03] | I’m sorry. You didn’t ask for this. | 对不起 这本来跟你无关 |
[33:05] | It’s not fair to you. | 这对你不公平 |
[33:07] | All I want is to be done with it. | 我只想快点结束 |
[33:09] | For my father to be all right. | 让我父亲平安 |
[33:12] | If I thought there was any other way, that… | 如果我当时还有别的办法… |
[33:15] | I didn’t want to take the chance that he would– | 我不想冒险让他… |
[33:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:17] | These people. | 这些人 |
[33:20] | I always knew they were ruthless, but… | 我一向知道他们很无情 但是 |
[33:23] | We’re caged up in here like animals. | 我们像动物一样关在这里 |
[33:25] | They’re painting me as some sort of… | 他们把我刻画成了那种… |
[33:28] | And your family… | 还有你的家人 |
[33:31] | It’s inhuman. | 太残忍了 |
[33:32] | They’re fucking inhuman. | 他们太他妈残忍了 |
[33:34] | Getting worked up isn’t going to change anything. | 生气也不能改变局面 |
[33:42] | Let me. | 我来 |
[33:50] | Hello? | 你好 |
[34:17] | Hey, Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[34:19] | I’m fine. | 可以了 |
[34:21] | Thanks for dropping by. | 谢谢你来看我 |
[34:23] | How you holdin’ up? | 你还好吗 |
[34:24] | I been better. | 好多了 |
[34:28] | Ain’t never seen you without a suit before. | 从没见过你不穿西装的样子 |
[34:31] | We didn’t want to draw too much attention. | 我们不想太招人注意 |
[34:33] | Well, this is it, my castle. | 就是这样 我的城堡 |
[34:36] | Ain’t as big as yours, | 不如你的大 |
[34:38] | but it’ll do the job. | 但也够用了 |
[34:40] | Blind Willie. | 盲眼威利 |
[34:42] | Are you a blues fan? | 你喜欢蓝调吗 |
[34:44] | “Dark Was the Night.” | 《漆黑的夜晚》 |
[34:45] | Gets me every time. | 每次听都让我陶醉 |
[34:47] | Man, you shoulda told me that years ago. | 伙计 你早该告诉我 |
[34:50] | I can jam, talking about some blues all day long. | 我会即兴演奏 聊起蓝调能聊一整天 |
[34:54] | Check this out. Original 78. | 看看这张 78年原版 |
[34:57] | You want something? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[34:58] | Water? Iced tea? | 水 还是冰茶 |
[35:00] | I’d like some iced tea, thank you. | 我想要冰茶 谢谢 |
[35:05] | How’s your son? | 你儿子怎么样了 |
[35:07] | They set the bail at 60 grand. | 他们要六万保释金 |
[35:10] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[35:14] | How’s your wife doing? | 你妻子怎么样了 |
[35:15] | Oh, Claire’s got a suit of armor three inches thick. | 克莱尔有一副三英寸厚的铠甲 |
[35:18] | We’ll get through all this garbage. | 这些难关我们会撑过去的 |
[35:20] | Somebody’s tryin’ to take you out? | 有人想毁了你吗 |
[35:24] | Appears that way. | 看来是的 |
[35:25] | Whoever it is, | 无论是谁 |
[35:26] | they done stepped on the wrong motherfuckin’ rattlesnake. | 他们踩到不该踩的响尾蛇了 |
[35:33] | That’s why I’m here, Freddy. | 所以我来这里了 弗莱迪 |
[35:43] | I have to distance myself from you. | 我得远离你 |
[35:46] | I need to make sure you’re not going to play up | 我要确保你不会到处宣扬 |
[35:49] | what good friends we’ve been. | 我们是多好的朋友 |
[35:51] | That you’ve been to my office, | 说你去过我的办公室 |
[35:52] | that you’ve cooked dinner at my home, | 还曾在我家做晚餐 |
[35:55] | or that the president was there. | 而且总统也出席了那次晚餐 |
[35:58] | We can’t drag him into anything. | 我们不能连累了他 |
[36:02] | And I won’t be coming in for ribs anymore. | 我再也不会来吃肋排了 |
[36:06] | With all that’s going on, | 现在出了这么多事 |
[36:07] | we can’t add fuel to the fire. | 我们不能再火上浇油了 |
[36:13] | You couldn’t if you wanted to. | 你就是想来吃也吃不到了 |
[36:16] | I’m selling it. | 我要卖掉了 |
[36:18] | Selling the Joint? | 卖掉餐馆吗 |
[36:19] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[36:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[36:22] | The franchise thing, with the sauce. | 酱汁的特许经营权什么的 |
[36:25] | My business partner’s pullin’ out. | 我的生意伙伴要解约了 |
[36:28] | Say them white folks down in Silver Spring don’t wanna | 说他们银泉的白人不喜欢去 |
[36:30] | go to no place run by thugs. | 恶棍开的餐馆 |
[36:33] | Why do you have to sell yours? | 那你为什么非得卖掉你的店 |
[36:34] | Darnell’s bail. | 达奈尔的保释金 |
[36:36] | Doesn’t that guy have to give you a hundred grand, regardless? | 那家伙不是无论如何都得给你十万美金吗 |
[36:39] | I ain’t getting shit. | 我屁都拿不到 |
[36:41] | There’s a morality clause in the contract. | 合同里有一条道德条款 |
[36:44] | But he’s gonna pay me 45 thou for the storefront. | 但他打算花四万五买我的门面 |
[36:48] | That with what little I got saved, | 那再加上我存的一点钱 |
[36:51] | I can pay that bond. | 就可以付保释金了 |
[36:53] | You can’t sell Freddy’s. | 你不能把餐馆卖掉 |
[36:54] | He’s already drawing up the papers. | 他已经在起草合同了 |
[36:56] | Let me help you with the money. | 我来帮你解决钱的问题 |
[36:58] | Nah, Frank. | 不用 弗兰克 |
[36:58] | We’ll make it a loan. | 就当做是借贷 |
[36:59] | You can pay me back. | 你可以以后再还我 |
[37:00] | Not gonna happen. | 不行 |
[37:01] | Don’t be prideful. | 别要强 |
[37:02] | – Frank. – Please, let me help. | -弗兰克 -拜托 让我帮你吧 |
[37:03] | I ain’t takin’ your guilt money. | 你这是内疚 我不会要的 |
[37:11] | When I was bangin’, | 过去在道上的时候 |
[37:13] | we used to clear 60 Gs a month. | 我们一个月能赚六万美金 |
[37:17] | I seen guys shot down execution-style. | 我见过同伴被人残忍枪杀 |
[37:20] | I didn’t give a shit. | 但我一点也不关心 |
[37:22] | Then I got caught. | 之后我被捕了 |
[37:25] | Darnell was born my first year in. | 坐牢的第一年里达奈尔出生了 |
[37:28] | Never saw him once, not even a picture. | 我一次也没见过他 连照片都没有 |
[37:32] | I can’t take back the bad I done. | 我不能收回我所犯的罪恶 |
[37:37] | All I can do is to make my own way, | 我所能做的就是一如既往 |
[37:39] | like I’ve been doing. You understand? | 过好自己的生活 你明白吗 |
[37:43] | Ain’t pride, Frank. | 不是要强 弗兰克 |
[38:08] | If you change your mind, you let me know. | 如果你改变心意了 就告诉我 |
[38:11] | You was a good customer, that’s it. | 你是一个好顾客 仅此而已 |
[38:14] | You ain’t gotta pretend to be my friend. | 你不必假装是我的朋友 |
[38:19] | You take care of yourself, Freddy. | 多多保重 弗莱迪 |
[38:21] | You too, Frank. | 你也是 弗兰克 |
[38:34] | Do you think I’m a hypocrite? | 你觉得我是一个伪君子吗 |
[38:37] | Well, you should. | 那就对了 |
[38:40] | I wouldn’t disagree with you. | 我不会否认 |
[38:44] | The road to power is paved with hypocrisy… | 通向权利的道路由虚伪 |
[38:48] | …and casualties. | 和牺牲铺就 |
[38:52] | Never regret. | 永远不要后悔 |
[39:19] | This way. | 这边请 |
[39:31] | Have a seat, Adam. | 请坐 亚当 |
[39:38] | You left your phone at home, as you were asked? | 你按要求的那样 把电话留在家里了吗 |
[39:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:42] | And what did you tell your fiancée exactly? | 你是怎么跟你未婚妻说的 |
[39:46] | That I’d be gone for a while. | 就说我要离开一阵子 |
[39:47] | She doesn’t know where. | 她不知道我要去哪 |
[39:49] | And what will she say if someone checks in on her? | 如果有人找到她 她会说什么 |
[39:51] | What is this? | 这是干什么 |
[39:52] | What will she say? | 她会说什么 |
[39:53] | Francis. | 弗兰西斯 |
[39:55] | We need to work together now. | 我们现在得团结协作 |
[39:57] | I tried. You lied to me. | 我试过 但你骗了我 |
[39:59] | And I explained to you why that was necessary. | 而我也解释了为什么要那么做 |
[40:02] | You didn’t follow my instructions. | 可你不听我的命令 |
[40:08] | Do you know who Remy Danton is? | 你们知道雷米·丹顿是谁吗 |
[40:11] | He approached you? | 他找过你吗 |
[40:13] | Inez’s father is a human rights activist in Bogotá. | 伊奈兹的父亲是波哥大的一位人权运动家 |
[40:17] | The government has charged him with treason | 政府以叛国的罪名控告他 |
[40:18] | for working with the rebels. | 与叛乱分子勾结 |
[40:21] | They’re going for the death penalty, | 他们要判他死刑 |
[40:22] | and Danton said they have the judge in their pocket. | 丹顿说他们可以操纵法官 |
[40:25] | You should have come to us. | 你应该来找我们 |
[40:27] | I said I would. | 我跟他说了 |
[40:28] | Danton said you couldn’t do anything. | 丹顿说你们什么也做不了 |
[40:30] | He’s wrong. | 他错了 |
[40:31] | I wasn’t gonna take any chances. | 我不能冒险 |
[40:33] | Has he done what the government’s claiming? | 她父亲如政府所称那样犯罪了吗 |
[40:35] | No. They’re made-up charges. | 没有 都是些无中生有的指控 |
[40:36] | He’s a journalist | 他只是一个记者 |
[40:38] | documenting atrocities in the Darien Gap. | 报道达恩地堑那里的残暴行径 |
[40:40] | I can get the charges dropped. | 我可以撤销控告 |
[40:42] | Why should I trust you? | 我凭什么相信你 |
[40:42] | Because the secretary of state is a good friend of mine. | 因为国务卿是我的好朋友 |
[40:46] | And you don’t have any other choice. | 而且你别无选择 |
[40:47] | We’re not your chess pieces. | 我们不是你的棋子 |
[40:49] | And this isn’t a game, Mr. Galloway. | 这也不是游戏 嘉乐威先生 |
[40:51] | Then why are you toying with us? | 那你为什么要耍我们 |
[40:52] | We are trying to help. | 我们只是想帮你 |
[40:54] | That’s a fucking joke, Claire. | 开什么玩笑 克莱尔 |
[40:57] | Do not talk to my wife that way. | 不准这样和我妻子说话 |
[40:59] | Your wife. What does that even mean to you? | 你妻子 那对你来说有什么意义 |
[41:03] | Do not mistake any history you have shared | 别因为你们之间有过一段历史 |
[41:06] | for the slightest understanding of what our marriage is | 就以为你了解我们的婚姻 |
[41:10] | or how insignificant you are in comparison. | 或是相比之下你是多么无关紧要 |
[41:18] | Can you give us a few minutes? | 能让我俩单独谈谈吗 |
[41:20] | I’m gonna go call Cathy. | 我去给凯茜打电话 |
[41:28] | Forget my career and my reputation. | 不说我的工作和名声吧 |
[41:29] | I want to marry this woman, Claire. | 我想和这个女人结婚 克莱尔 |
[41:31] | We’re going to make this disappear. | 我们会摆平这件事的 |
[41:32] | Because of you I will always be the man | 因为你 我将永远是那个 |
[41:34] | who placed her father in danger. | 将她父亲置于险境的人 |
[41:36] | I can never erase that. | 这永远无法抹去 |
[41:37] | I’m sorry it’s come to this. | 很抱歉事情走到了这个地步 |
[41:38] | I’m sorry I ever met you. | 我真后悔遇见你 |
[41:41] | All you’ve ever done is cause me pain. | 从头到尾 你只给过我痛苦 |
[41:43] | Now you’re fucking with my life | 现在你又来破坏我的生活 |
[41:44] | and the life of the woman | 还有我未婚妻的生活 |
[41:45] | that I love more than I ever loved you. | 我爱她远胜过爱你 |
[41:51] | You’ll be driven back to New York tonight. | 你今晚就开车回纽约 |
[41:53] | In the morning, you’ll make a statement saying | 明天一早 你就发表声明 |
[41:55] | this was a publicity stunt, | 说这是炒作 |
[41:57] | and that the value of your work had been stagnating | 你的作品一直卖不出好价钱 |
[42:00] | and you wanted to revive– | 所以你希望重振 |
[42:01] | No, Claire. I won’t do that. | 不 克莱尔 我才不会那样做 |
[42:02] | Yes, you will. | 你会的 |
[42:03] | How about I tell the press– | 不如我去告诉记者 |
[42:04] | Adam, shut up! | 亚当 闭嘴 |
[42:07] | That you wanted the attention, | 你要说你想博取关注 |
[42:09] | then you got cold feet, | 然后又害怕了 |
[42:10] | denied it, then you changed your mind again. | 否认了照片的事 接着又再次改了主意 |
[42:12] | And that you faked the shower photo | 那张浴室照片是你伪造的 |
[42:14] | and you’re coming clean. | 你要澄清这一点 |
[42:16] | Is that clear? | 明白了吗 |
[42:17] | I’m not part of this world. | 我不想被卷进这些事中 |
[42:20] | I didn’t sign up for it. | 我没想搅进来 |
[42:21] | I have no interest in it. | 我也不感兴趣 |
[42:24] | We’re giving you an out, Adam. | 我们给你提供了一条出路 亚当 |
[42:28] | And if you choose not to take it, | 如果你选择不接受的话 |
[42:31] | I will bury you. | 我会毁掉你 |
[42:37] | I’ve never hated anyone before. | 我从没恨过任何人 |
[42:42] | Now I know what that feels like. | 现在我知道那是什么感觉了 |
[42:48] | It’s a terrible feeling, isn’t it? | 感觉很糟 对吗 |
[43:15] | End call. | 终止呼叫 |
[43:16] | Call ended. | 呼叫已终止 |
[43:20] | Call Raymond Tusk. | 呼叫雷蒙德·塔斯克 |
[43:23] | No answer at his place. | 他的住处没人接电话 |
[43:26] | Is it a matter of more money? | 是想要更多钱吗 |
[43:27] | Secretary Durant has already called President Moreno. | 国务卿杜兰特已经致电莫里诺总统 |
[43:30] | So we need to move quickly. | 那我们得赶快行动了 |
[43:32] | The minister of foreign affairs is involved now. | 外交部长已经牵扯进来了 |
[43:34] | The judge isn’t gonna rush a conviction in less than 12 hours. | 法官不会在12小时内就宣判他有罪 |
[43:37] | Who do we know who has the minister’s ear? | 我们认识什么能跟部长说上话的人吗 |
[43:40] | Nobody who can trump President Moreno. | 没有人能够比得过莫里诺总统 |
[43:42] | And he’s very sensitive to Durant’s view on human rights. | 而他对杜兰特对人权方面的看法非常敏感 |
[43:45] | Are you giving up on this? | 你是打算放弃了吗 |
[43:46] | No. Just being realistic. | 不 只是现实一点 |
[43:48] | Work on Moreno then. | 那就做莫里诺的工作 |
[43:50] | We’ll start leaving footprints. | 我们快要被人察觉了 |
[43:51] | Quiet. | 安静点 |
[43:52] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[43:53] | Oh, not you. My birds. | 不是说你 是我的鸟 |
[43:55] | I think we need to be prepared | 我觉得我们要做好准备 |
[43:57] | for the possibility that we can’t follow through with our threat. | 我们很可能没法把威胁进行到底了 |
[44:00] | I am hearing excuses, not solutions. | 我听到的都是借口 不是解决方案 |
[44:02] | My hands are tied. | 我无能为力 |
[44:04] | I can’t circumvent the entire US State Department. | 我没法搞定整个美国国务院 |
[44:07] | You know, I hired you to destroy Frank. | 我雇你是为了让你毁掉弗兰克 |
[44:09] | You’re failing. | 你要失败了 |
[44:10] | Look, Raymond, I’m your lobbyist, | 雷蒙德 我是你的说客 |
[44:13] | not your henchman. | 不是你的走狗 |
[44:13] | I don’t employ lobbyists. | 我雇的不是说客 |
[44:15] | I employ people who can be useful to me. | 我雇的是对我有用的人 |
[44:17] | And you are proving otherwise. | 而你看起来没用 |
[44:20] | Quiet now. | 安静点 |
[44:21] | I’ll figure something out. | 我会想办法的 |
[44:22] | Soon. | 快点 |
[44:37] | Okay, that’s good. | 行 就这样 |
[44:39] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不必这么做 |
[44:42] | Yeah, I do. | 不 我必须这么做 |
[44:44] | The charges are dropped. | 指控撤销了 |
[44:46] | They lied to you. | 他们骗了你 |
[44:47] | You can lie to them. | 你也可以骗他们 |
[44:48] | New charges can always be filed. | 还可以提出新指控 |
[44:50] | It’s not worth the risk. | 不能冒这个险 |
[44:54] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[45:01] | Are you disappointed in me? | 你对我感到失望吗 |
[45:05] | Let’s just get it over with. | 赶紧把这事弄完吧 |
[45:15] | OK, go ahead. | 好吧 开始 |
[45:17] | I’d like to make a statement. | 我要做出一项声明 |
[45:20] | There will be a little cleanup, | 还需要一些扫尾工作 |
[45:21] | some folks who will want to linger on the story, | 会有一些人继续关注这件事 |
[45:23] | but we’re over the hump, I’d say. | 但我们已经渡过最困难的阶段了 |
[45:25] | So we can leave the house now? | 那我们现在可以出门了吗 |
[45:27] | The sooner you get back to normal work, the better. | 越快恢复正常工作越好 |
[45:29] | All the meetings I had to cancel, | 之前被迫取消的会议 |
[45:30] | let’s find a way to get them back on the books. | 想办法再做安排 |
[45:31] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[45:32] | I need to push ahead with the Assault Bill. | 我得继续推动性侵法案 |
[45:34] | We’ve got your Matt Bai interview lined up for tomorrow, | 我们为您安排了明天和马特·贝的采访 |
[45:36] | but I think that– | 但我认为… |
[45:37] | Maybe we should hold off on Bai | 也许我们应该等事情平息之后 |
[45:39] | till after things quiet down. | 再考虑贝的采访 |
[45:41] | That’s exactly what I was gonna suggest. | 我刚才正打算这么说 |
[45:43] | Doug is right. | 道格说得对 |
[45:44] | OK, let’s get going. | 好 那我们出发吧 |
[45:46] | I’ll meet you in the car. | 我在车里等你 |
[45:50] | He’s done a good job handling all this. | 他这些事处理得很好 |
[45:52] | Yes, he has. | 是的 |
[45:54] | Should we have any more concerns? | 那我们还要担心什么吗 |
[45:56] | He claims he doesn’t have anything else. | 他说他没有别的把柄了 |
[45:58] | Do you believe him? | 你相信他吗 |
[45:59] | I wouldn’t go that far. | 我还没到那个地步 |
[46:02] | Keep an eye on him. | 盯着他点 |
[46:03] | I plan to. | 正有此意 |
[46:04] | As for Raymond, we have to strike back hard and fast. | 至于雷蒙德 我们快速有力地回击 |
[46:08] | I want him obliterated. | 我要打垮他 |
[46:10] | More than that. | 还不够 |
[46:13] | Let’s make him suffer. | 让他受点折磨吧 |
[46:17] | I don’t know whether to be proud or terrified. | 真不知我是该骄傲还是害怕 |
[46:21] | Perhaps both. | 也许两者皆有 |
[46:52] | Wish I could do more. | 真希望我能多给你一些 |
[46:56] | What you gonna do with her? | 你打算拿她做什么 |
[46:57] | I don’t know yet. | 还没想好 |
[46:59] | Probably have to knock it down. | 也许要把它拆掉 |
[47:00] | It’s worth more as an empty lot. | 空地价值更高 |
[47:03] | Is there anything else you wanna take? | 你还有别的东西想拿走吗 |
[47:05] | A memento or something? | 纪念品之类的 |
[47:09] | Nah. | 没了 |
[47:11] | I ain’t one for lookin’ back. | 我不是一个向后看的人 |
[47:14] | Eyes ahead. | 我只向前看 |
[47:18] | Good luck, Freddy. | 祝你好运 弗莱迪 |
[47:40] | 在这一集中 弗莱迪意外成了白宫争斗中的一枚棋子 在现实生活中 美国一些不知名的街边小店 也经常迎来总统和议员们的光顾 2012年的总统大选开始后 奥巴马几乎每到一地竞选 都会在百忙中抽时间到当地闻名的餐馆食坊”尝尝鲜” 新罕布什尔”牛奶吧”的冰激凌 科罗拉多”辛克餐厅”的披萨 爱荷华州”罗斯餐馆”的”魔山三明治” 都被奥巴马尝了个遍 他一边走马灯似的拉票 一边扮演业余美食家 身边的记者们也都尽职尽责地 把总统在各地小吃 餐馆中”大快朵颐”的照片传给了全美选民 | |
[48:05] | 一次奥巴马在竞选途中”突袭”佛罗里达的”大苹果披萨” 店主兴奋不已 打招呼时给了奥巴马一个”熊抱” 总统被身高2米 体重两百多斤的披萨店老板”拔地而起”的照片 成了2012年大选中最为经典 传播最广的一张照片 美国政客的一举一动都处于媒体的聚光灯下 当下美国的政党选举和党派斗争 已经不再只是不同的意识形态和政治立场间的较量 更是一场耗资巨大 无所不用其极的”公关秀” “做得好”不如”演得好” 美国政坛中的各路人马无不挖空心思拉近同选民的距离 民以食为天 食物自然也成了每天上演的各档政治秀中的一个重要角色 不过政客们不是美食家 他们吃着嘴里的 惦记的却是选民兜里的选票 |